NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC][OPEN, EP. 4 STARTED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jekrehnot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jekrehnot » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Edited my Biography
Playing as Romania in the 1900-Indefined RP(Haved to type this here)

Funny quotes about Jekrehnot:
Mefpan wrote:Three, there are three things certain in Jekrehnot: Death, Taxes and Nazism. To try and change that natural order is ridiculous.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

How will we all meet up? Will we all start out together, or will we be traveling alone? Personally, I'd like to have us all start out together.
Last edited by Cylarn on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Cylarn wrote:How will we all meet up? Will we all start out together, or will we be traveling alone? Personally, I'd like to have us all start out together.

I'm not exactly sure, yet. I'm thinking about it.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Cylarn wrote:How will we all meet up? Will we all start out together, or will we be traveling alone? Personally, I'd like to have us all start out together.

I'm one of 'those people' that likes to start alone, and then join a group.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Monfrox wrote:

I'm one of 'those people' that likes to start alone, and then join a group.

We could start out with a small group and gradually add people.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I'm one of 'those people' that likes to start alone, and then join a group.

You'd have to make some effort to find me, just letting you know. :D
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I'm one of 'those people' that likes to start alone, and then join a group.

I was thinking that a group of people could be partying/something, and an NPC friend could get bitten, leading them to the hospital when the NPC starts to act strange, thus the group meeting up with my character, but a group of people would have to be up for that, so that'd be a little complicated.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Nexeria » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Updated as of Episode 5:

NAME: Kenneth Fountain

NATIONALITY: U.S.

ETHNICITY: Caucasian

SKILLS: After spending months with the Ann Arbor group, Kenny has learned how to properly fire a handgun, scour for supplies, hotwire a car, drive a bus, and, most importantly, to stay alive.

WEAPONRY: A Glock 20, Xia Chan's crowbar, an ice pick, and whatever else he has stashed at his cabin.

VEHICLE: None

BIOGRAPHY: Kenneth Fountain was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he spent most of his life doing little to nothing but hanging out with his older brother and doing whatever his father told him to. While Kenny was in high school, his father forced him into taking boxing classes, which Kenny detested him for. Not wanting to get stuck working at a plant with his father, Kenny regretfully moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan, where he got a job working at a Best Buy. Not exactly the life he was looking for, but it was well enough.

During the first week of the infection, Kenny barricaded himself inside the Best Buy as he attempted to call his family. With no signal and a touring metal band beating up people and trying to break inside, Kenny escaped into the storage room, where he stole the keys from one of the band members before hijacking their tour bus. Afterwards, Kenny ran into a survivor group led by Marshall Johann Steele along with ex-marine/police officer Scott Sheridan.

As the group attempted to rescue other survivors, Kenny took it upon himself to become the group’s bus driver/supply runner. After meeting Thomas Hansen, Li Chan, and Lewis Walker; the group came across Allison Thumper, Rick Fong, and John Boutin, before having a run in with Richard Stryker who attempted to steal the bus. Not too soon after arriving back at camp, a large horde of walkers tore through killing off a large portion of the survivors, which left the remaining survivors in need of a new home. Sometime after, the group found refuge at FCI Milan… or so they thought.

During the prison arc, sometime after Johann was killed, Kenny took off in his bus. He ended up meeting a man named Jacob Dwyer and his little sister, Zoe Dwyer. Over course of two to three weeks, Kenny developed a close friendship with Jacob. Unfortunately, their camp was attacked by a small group of bandits followed by walkers causing Jacob’s death. After escaping in the bus with Zoe, Kenny stopped to gather some extra fuel taking his attention off of Zoe. Hearing a sharp scream, Kenny turned around to see that Zoe’s left hand had been bitten by a walker. Kenny quickly dispatched the walker before handling the bigger problem: The bite. With very little options, Kenny grabbed a hacksaw and performed a traumatizing amputation on the little girl.

Out of fear that the girl would bleed out, Kenny returned to the prison in desperate need of help. He argued with Scott, who thought the girl should just be out of her misery, to see if an amputation would work. Xia Chan stepped in between the two and convinced Scott to lock Zoe in solitary confinement, which Kenny was thankful for.

Being filled in on the information about The Watchers, Kenny offered his assistance only to later be shut down by Scott. Before Kenny could get a chance to sit down with Scott, the whole prison lit up in a blaze. Upon realization that Zoe was locked inside, Kenny took the key from Scott and bolted into the flaming prison to save her. As successful as was in rescuing the girl, he received second-degree burns for his efforts. From that point on, he assumed the role of Zoe’s "legal" guardian.

After the loss of the prison, Kenny received medical attention for his burns before reaching an airfield. After checking the plane for traps, preventing Johnny’s suicide, and witnessing the death of Xia Chan, Kenny climbed aboard the plane along with the rest of the group before flying off to Tennessee in an effort to escape The Watcher’s wrath.

After crash landing in Tennessee, the group took shelter at an abandoned airplane hangar before having slight skirmish with Stryker’s new group. Soon after, Kenny, Zoe, and the rest of the group reached The Compound – A survivor community led by a council and protected by Captain Shelton and his militia – where they finally got to settle down and make a home… or so they think.

PERSONALITY: Kenny always tries to help anyway he can. He enjoys talking with people. He is a very reasonable person. He tries to not make enemies with those closest to him. He has a soft spot for kids. He’s a hopeless romantic. Most importantly, he does whatever he has to do to protect the people he cares about.

APPEARANCE: Kenny has shaggy dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and freckles. He has second-degree burns along the right side of his face, neck, and right arm. 160-170 lbs. 5'9". Very well-built due to the exercise received because of the apocalypse.

I still have no picture, but I’m teaching myself how to draw so maybe someday.
Last edited by Nexeria on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 pm

This looks pretty awesome. I'll have an application up in just a short time hopefully, if this computer permits.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Nexeria wrote:NAME: Kenny Fountain
NATIONALITY: American
RACE: Caucasian
SKILLS: Good supply runner, experienced with electronics, somewhat skilled with firing a gun.
WEAPONRY: Glock 20 and a baseball bat.
VEHICLE: "SLEDGER" Tour Bus
BIOGRAPHY: Kenny was an Ann Arbor Best Buy employee before everything happened. Knows Ann Arbor well. Was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. His Dad tried to teach him how to fight, when he was growing up. He stayed silent through all of school, wishing he could be a hero. Moved to Ann Arbor to get away from everyone he knew, but talked to family over the phone on a regular basis. So when the world went to shit he was at work hiding in behind the counter trying call his family, while a group of looters were at the door trying to break in. When they broke through the door they started stealing all the useless stuff like TV's, Video Games, and laptops. Kenny started to crawl out through the stock room when he ran into one of the looters. So he quickly tipped one of the shelves over on top of the guy. Kenny ran over to the unconscious man and took a his gun, a Glock 20, keys and a baseball bat. When he ran outside he saw a tour bus with the word "SLEDGER" written the side, so he looked at the keys and luckily enough it was for the bus.
APPEARANCE: Shaggy dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and freckles. Black jacket, best buy shirt, black jeans, and cheap blue Nike tennis shoes. 140 lbs, 5'8", averagely muscular.

Accepted.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Alright. When I wake up in the morning (which is normally around 12 AM or 1 PM CST), I'm going to close the sign-ups and make a poll for prospective starting points. Here's what we have so far:

• We are already in a group together, through undisclosed means. This would take place some weeks into the infection.
  • We meet up at a hospital after a mutual friend was bit, although we did not at that time know of the infection.
  • We meet up a few days into the infection at a survivor camp in the farmland outside of the Ann Arbor suburbs.
  • We meet up on the highways leading out of Ann Arbor.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah! A point for Kenny Fountain! :ugeek:

By the way there's a lack of girls in the group.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 pm

We should get some womenfolk before we carry on.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 pm

NAME: Allison "Marked One" Thumper
NATIONALITY: United States of America
SKILLS: Critical Thinking, Leadership, Person Searching, Tracking, Map Reading, Communication Training, Radio Operating, Firearm Trainee, and excellent eyesight.
WEAPONRY: A crowbar, a Walther PPK 9mm, a .357 Magnum Revolver, a Remington Model 514 Rifle, and a kodachi that was a gift from her uncle
VEHICLE: N/A
BIOGRAPHY: Allison was a Civil Air Patrol member and a very active one at that. Holding the rank of Second Lieutenant was something of an achievement in the program, and was given the respect an office was deserved. She worked in both Communications and Ground Branch on SAR missions around the state. Those only heightened once the infection spread a little more and people were discovered mauled and mutilated after being found in the woods to their deaths. At least, the ones that weren't able to turn.

Soon enough, the ground teams were required to train with rifles and pistols and other small arms. But once the truth if the matter came forward, the SAR turned CSAR missions ceased to happen. Having her local squadron being set to permanently inactive, she donned her uniform and began to get to work defending the homestead. Her parents and sister were gone a the time of the attack, and she didn't expect them to return. She stayed on the roof and began to snipe the walkers that tried. She sometimes cursed herself for not grabbing her dad's Remington 870, but she made due.
APPEARANCE: Dark red hair, red eyes, tall, skinny, something between a light and medium build, and wears a Woodland BDU uniform with a reversed American flag on left shoulder, a wing patch on the right, one white pip on each side of the collar, and a Senior Ground Team Badge above the right pocket and Civil Air Patrol tape with the left tape having her last name on it. She bears a mark on her right forearm, thus her nickname.
Last edited by Monfrox on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Achievement

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:51 pm

NAME: Haji al-Atrash
NATIONALITY: Egyptian-American
RACE: Middle-Eastern
SKILLS: Maintains a pilots license with over two hundred hours of fight experience, is skilled in many first aid techniques, is a great fisherman, and a weekend camper
WEAPONRY: Hatchet
VEHICLE: A Jeep Wrangler with a mountain bike
BIOGRAPHY: Born to Egyptian immigrants to the United States of America, Haji has had an eventful life, to say the least. Since his childhood he has been an exploring, adventurous spirit, moving through life a day at a time, and taking time to endear himself to his surroundings. He, with the support of his businessman father, applied for and took piloting lessons after graduating from college with a degree in business management, and gained his license a year later. He worked as a pilot for some time thereafter. Following this profession, he took up sport fishing, and when this was not enough, commercial. Now the proud owner of a small but profitable fishing business, Haji has taken to camping and outdoors living, camping nearly ever weekend with as few means as he can handle, from chopping his own wood to preparing his own food.

Recently, Haji became aware of the spree of infections related to cannibalism and feral humans. Haji himself witnessed a man, saved by one of his boats, attempt to bite into a worker of his. When the outbreak was in full swing, he gathered his supplies and took to the road in an attempt to flee before things got worse.
APPEARANCE: Here

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:53 pm

NAME: Carl Reed
NATIONALITY: American.
SKILLS: [Be realistic.] Proficient in handling handguns, along with the basic skills he was taught while training in the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
WEAPONRY: [Not everyone owns a gun. This could be a pipe, if that's what your character has access to.] FBI issued Glock 17. He also has a personal M1911, but with only one magazine compared to the five Glock 17 magazines.
VEHICLE: [Once again, not everyone will own one.] He lost his FBI cruiser, so he currently has no vehicle.
BIOGRAPHY: [Keep it brief, but make sure it backs up how you have the weapon or vehicle you do.] Carl was born in Augusta, Georgia, far away from his current location in Michigan. He is a quiet guy, keeping his head down and out of trouble. He did well in school, and not long after completion of college, he joined the local police. He had his eyes set on joining the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and after a short service as a patrol officer, he enlisted with the FBI. He passed training, being slightly above average in his skills, and he became an Investigator.

Following a long term investigation in Michigan when the infection hit, he soon got caught up in the mess. He still has his FBI jacket and gear, but authority means little in this time.
APPEARANCE: [Picture preferred.]
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:NAME: Haji al-Atrash
SKILLS: Maintains a pilots license with over two hundred hours of fight experience, is skilled in many first aid techniques, is a great fisherman, and a weekend camper
BIOGRAPHY: Born to Egyptian immigrants to the United States of America, Haji has had an eventful life, to say the least. Since his childhood he has been an exploring, adventurous spirit, moving through life a day at a time, and taking time to endear himself to his surroundings. He, with the support of his businessman father, applied for and took piloting lessons after graduating from college with a degree in business management, and gained his license a year later. He worked as a pilot for some time thereafter. Following this profession, he took up sport fishing, and when this was not enough, commercial. Now the proud owner of a small but profitable fishing business, Haji has taken to camping and outdoors living, camping nearly ever weekend with as few means as he can handle, from chopping his own wood to preparing his own food.

Recently, Haji became aware of the spree of infections related to cannibalism and feral humans. Haji himself witnessed a man, saved by one of his boats, attempt to bite into a worker of his. When the outbreak was in full swing, he gathered his supplies and took to the road in an attempt to flee before things got worse.

Your appearance link doesn't work, so I found this in the site's image directory for you.
Last edited by Camicon on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 pm

You asked for a girl? There. That's what you get. Don't judge.

Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Monfrox wrote:NAME: Allison Thumper
NATIONALITY: United States of America
SKILLS: Critical Thinking, Leadership, Person Searching, Tracking, Map Reading, Communication Training, Radio Operating, Firearm Trainee, and excellent eyesight.
WEAPONRY: A crowbar, a Walther PPK 9mm, a .357 Magnum Revolver, a Remington Model 514 Rifle, and a kodachi that was a gift from her uncle
VEHICLE: N/A
BIOGRAPHY: Allison was a Civil Air Patrol member and a very active one at that. Holding the rank of Second Lieutenant was something of an achievement in the program, and was given the respect an office was deserved. She worked in both Communications and Ground Branch on SAR missions around the state. Those only heightened once the infection spread a little more and people were discovered mauled and mutilated after being found in the woods to their deaths. At least, the ones that weren't able to turn.

Soon enough, the ground teams were required to train with rifles and pistols and other small arms. But once the truth if the matter came forward, the SAR turned CSAR missions ceased to happen. Having her local squadron being set to permanently inactive, she donned her uniform and began to get to work defending the homestead. Her parents and sister were gone a the time of the attack, and she didn't expect them to return. She stayed on the roof and began to snipe the walkers that tried. She sometimes cursed herself for not grabbing her dad's Remington 870, but she made due.
APPEARANCE: Dark red hair, brown eyes, tall, skinny, something between a light and medium build, and wears a Woodland BDU uniform with a reversed American flag on left shoulder, a wing patch on the right, one white pip on each side of the collar, and a Senior Ground Team Badge above the right pocket and Civil Air Patrol tape with the left tape having her last name on it.

Accepted.

Ceannairceach wrote:NAME: Haji al-Atrash

Accepted.

Legital wrote:NAME: Carl Reed
NATIONALITY: American.
SKILLS: [Be realistic.] Proficient in handling handguns, along with the basic skills he was taught while training in the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
WEAPONRY: [Not everyone owns a gun. This could be a pipe, if that's what your character has access to.] FBI issued Glock 17. He also has a personal M1911, but with only one magazine compared to the five Glock 17 magazines.
VEHICLE: [Once again, not everyone will own one.] He lost his FBI cruiser, so he currently has no vehicle.
BIOGRAPHY: [Keep it brief, but make sure it backs up how you have the weapon or vehicle you do.] Carl was born in Augusta, Georgia, far away from his current location in Michigan. He is a quiet guy, keeping his head down and out of trouble. He did well in school, and not long after completion of college, he joined the local police. He had his eyes set on joining the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and after a short service as a patrol officer, he enlisted with the FBI. He passed training, being slightly above average in his skills, and he became an Investigator.

Following a long term investigation in Michigan when the infection hit, he soon got caught up in the mess. He still has his FBI jacket and gear, but authority means little in this time.
APPEARANCE: [Picture preferred.]

Accepted.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Monfrox wrote:You asked for a girl? There. That's what you get. Don't judge.

Just to confirm, is she a Second Lieutenant?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:You asked for a girl? There. That's what you get. Don't judge.

Just to confirm, is she a Second Lieutenant?

Correct.

Achievement

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:Just to confirm, is she a Second Lieutenant?

Correct.

Then how is she only 18 years old? Or did you mean to put "28" years old, or something like that?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Macenheim
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Macenheim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 pm

i am definitely signing up, this sounds awesome.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Correct.

Then how is she only 18 years old? Or did you mean to put "28" years old, or something like that?

You must not know what CAP is then. CAP is an Auxiliary of the Air Force. Which means that it's member as technically in the Air Force, but civilians at the same time. They are volunteers who fly planes, trek through woods, and operate at bases in local airports to conduct Search and Rescue missions for downed aircraft, missing persons, or disaster relief. They are trained in the ways of finding people and learning habits and knowing what to look for while in the grid. Members that are Cadets (which she is) can join as young as 12.

Achievement

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:Then how is she only 18 years old? Or did you mean to put "28" years old, or something like that?

You must not know what CAP is then. CAP is an Auxiliary of the Air Force. Which means that it's member as technically in the Air Force, but civilians at the same time. They are volunteers who fly planes, trek through woods, and operate at bases in local airports to conduct Search and Rescue missions for downed aircraft, missing persons, or disaster relief. They are trained in the ways of finding people and learning habits and knowing what to look for while in the grid. Members that are Cadets (which she is) can join as young as 12.

So she's not actually part of the military then? She's part of a "civilian Air Force reserves" type-thing?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse