NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 am

Hladgos wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:It's not a good idea to fire on ANY ship unless you know what's going on, Ya never know what kind of nasty surprises they may well have.

Found a flaw in your weapon. It uses magnets, no?

Electromagnetism. Its a giant railgun, Backed up with a half hundred 120mm PDG's, And fifty 50 meg shaped nukes.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Thayese
Secretary

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thayese » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 am

Nation Name: The Syndicate

Population: 20 trillion

Government type: We are a company so Chairmen

Economy base: Trading and Shares

Species percentage in nation: Like cerebus 100% humans
Worker droids and slave aliens 10% robot soilders 20% robot workers 12% Cyborgs 68% other

Tech base: A bit of star wars based on trade federation and some hutts the ret mine

Weapon types: A bit of star wars some of mass effect and some warhammer

Area controlled: Trade lanes,Tundorion and titan the moon around jupiter

Amount of habited planets: 2

Amount of claimed planets: 2

Space Fleet size size;
Capitol ships: 40 million
Frigates: 100 quadtrillion
Bombers/starfighters: 400 quadtrillion
Drones: 1Gizzion

Superweapons: Super nukes

Past RP's: I did some RP in games in games like world of warcraft and warcraft 3 but not on nation states
Last edited by Thayese on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
War is what the world needs. Peace is needed more.

May one rule them all.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:38 am

Hladgos wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:It's not a good idea to fire on ANY ship unless you know what's going on, Ya never know what kind of nasty surprises they may well have.

Found a flaw in your weapon. It uses magnets, no?

Mind do too actually. Well, a form of magnet. It's a crystalline substance that is similar to magnets. The main difference is that it's nearly impossible to depolarize. Biop, you're weapons are kind of smaller versions of ours. We have coilguns instead of railguns, but they're similar. The smallest one we have is a kilometer long and first a ten thousand ton slug. The slug reaches a velocity of 0.99c when it exits the barrel.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:53 am

Kreanoltha wrote:
Hladgos wrote:Found a flaw in your weapon. It uses magnets, no?

Mind do too actually. Well, a form of magnet. It's a crystalline substance that is similar to magnets. The main difference is that it's nearly impossible to depolarize. Biop, you're weapons are kind of smaller versions of ours. We have coilguns instead of railguns, but they're similar. The smallest one we have is a kilometer long and first a ten thousand ton slug. The slug reaches a velocity of 0.99c when it exits the barrel.

Coilguns are a lot weaker than Rail guns. (Gauss are fun but weak) ...That shell would Not only shatter a planet from the impact, But send your ship back several thousand miles. Mine shoots a 30KG slug...I'm thinking of ramping the speed up to 10%c
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:14 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

Coilguns are a lot weaker than Rail guns. (Gauss are fun but weak) ...That shell would Not only shatter a planet from the impact, But send your ship back several thousand miles. Mine shoots a 30KG slug...I'm thinking of ramping the speed up to 10%c

Yeah, but railguns degrade to quickly. Anyway, the reason for such fast slugs is more in practicality than awesome factor. It makes it easier for the shipboard AIs to calculate the vector. Also, the ships pulse their main drives at the same time they fire their cannons. It makes for one hell of a headache, but with inertial dampeners up all the way, the crew is as safe as they can be during combat.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 am

Kreanoltha wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Yeah, but railguns degrade to quickly. Anyway, the reason for such fast slugs is more in practicality than awesome factor. It makes it easier for the shipboard AIs to calculate the vector. Also, the ships pulse their main drives at the same time they fire their cannons. It makes for one hell of a headache, but with inertial dampeners up all the way, the crew is as safe as they can be during combat.

Yeah some do. Current ones anyway. But this big bastard has nothing to worry about. And i figure if the chem thrusters are burnt out, They can use the cannon to dodge the incoming attacks and give a wider berth.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:10 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

Yeah some do. Current ones anyway. But this big bastard has nothing to worry about. And i figure if the chem thrusters are burnt out, They can use the cannon to dodge the incoming attacks and give a wider berth.

That's one of the nice things about reactionless drives (and to a lesser extent, fusion torches). So long as you have fuel for your reactors you're still mobile.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Thayese wrote:Nation Name: The Syndicate Cool

Population: 20 trillion No, simply no. Not with your species.

Government type: We are a company so Chairmen What type of corporation? Worker's collective? Not that this matters much.

Economy base: Trading and Shares Which nations? The NPCs? It isn't like my nation would accept your economic presence as we're post scarcity, post capitalist and whatnot, so you have to be more specific.

Worker droids and slave aliens 10% robot soilders 20% robot workers 12% Cyborgs 68% other For one, that is over 100%. Second of all, combine these numbers with your population, I'm going to have to say no way. Your population could make sense if they were computer programs or some other less existencial form, but this is simply, no.

Tech base: A bit of star wars based on trade federation and some hutts the ret mine This gets to the next point. Please punctuate. Your spelling seems to be fine, but your punctuation is non-existent.

Area controlled: Trade lanes,Tundorion and Titan the moon around Jupiter Which and what trade lanes? As you are a non-national entity, what kind of influence do you plan to have on the galaxy? Furthermore, Sol doesn't exist here so I assume you're controlling a different Jupiter with a different Titan?

Being scientifically picky here, but moons aren't planets. Just me being picky, you may ignore this.

Space Fleet size size;
Capitol ships: 40 million
Frigates: 100 quadtrillion
Bombers/starfighters: 400 quadtrillion
Drones: 1Gizzion

Unless your spacecraft are made of cardboard powered by schoolchildren pushing it from behind I don't recommend those numbers at all. The general premise is that the larger your numbers, the lower quality, unless you can convince us otherwise. And what in the world is a Gizzion?

Superweapons: Super nukes More description on these nukes please?

Past RP's: I did some RP in games in games like world of warcraft and warcraft 3 but not on nation states RP links please?
Last edited by Dolmhold on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:03 pm

My little techwank method to prevent the railgun from wearing out is to have the rails as liquid metallic hydrogen (superconductor and superfluid meaning that it has no friction and no electrical resistance, hurrah!) and have the coated in something superconductive. Of course, there is then the engineering issues of liquid metallic hydrogen of which I have handwaved, the engineering issues of the horrendous powers I intend to shove through the bullet that I have also handwaved and the potential that the enemy uses magnetic shields, rendering by bullets to be nearly useless, but its a start.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Dolmhold wrote:My little techwank method to prevent the railgun from wearing out is to have the rails as liquid metallic hydrogen (superconductor and superfluid meaning that it has no friction and no electrical resistance, hurrah!) and have the coated in something superconductive. Of course, there is then the engineering issues of liquid metallic hydrogen of which I have handwaved, the engineering issues of the horrendous powers I intend to shove through the bullet that I have also handwaved and the potential that the enemy uses magnetic shields, rendering by bullets to be nearly useless, but its a start.

I mostly handwave the theoretical limit of a coilgun by saying that having more than a kilometer in our sub-capital ships and up to forty five in our capital ships means that the limit is gone. And the magnetic shield thing is played by rule of bro. If the opponent is willing to let it break after a few rounds traveling at 0.99c weighing two hundred thousand tons (from my battleships which verge on super-capital territory) hit the shield then I'm willing to let him handwave things as well. If he's going to be a stickler about the scientific details then I'm going to be one as well.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:I mostly handwave the theoretical limit of a coilgun by saying that having more than a kilometer in our sub-capital ships and up to forty five in our capital ships means that the limit is gone. And the magnetic shield thing is played by rule of bro. If the opponent is willing to let it break after a few rounds traveling at 0.99c weighing two hundred thousand tons (from my battleships which verge on super-capital territory) hit the shield then I'm willing to let him handwave things as well. If he's going to be a stickler about the scientific details then I'm going to be one as well.

Well, generally I see the effectiveness of my shields as somewhat of a probability issue. There is a high chance that it will stop the oncomming projectile, but there is a small chance that it could not stop it, and thus the projectile shattered the spacecraft and gave the crew a one way trip back to respawn. But yeah, the code of bro is the best method overall.

Would you mind if I'm somewhat of a stickler on the scientific issues OOCly, but will let my spacecraft get destroyed ICly? Not the best combo, but would you mind?

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:I mostly handwave the theoretical limit of a coilgun by saying that having more than a kilometer in our sub-capital ships and up to forty five in our capital ships means that the limit is gone. And the magnetic shield thing is played by rule of bro. If the opponent is willing to let it break after a few rounds traveling at 0.99c weighing two hundred thousand tons (from my battleships which verge on super-capital territory) hit the shield then I'm willing to let him handwave things as well. If he's going to be a stickler about the scientific details then I'm going to be one as well.

Well, generally I see the effectiveness of my shields as somewhat of a probability issue. There is a high chance that it will stop the oncomming projectile, but there is a small chance that it could not stop it, and thus the projectile shattered the spacecraft and gave the crew a one way trip back to respawn. But yeah, the code of bro is the best method overall.

Would you mind if I'm somewhat of a stickler on the scientific issues OOCly, but will let my spacecraft get destroyed ICly? Not the best combo, but would you mind?

That's perfectly fine. Good OOC communication leads to smoother IC flow. Anyway, I wouldn't mind getting some scientific edification every once and a while. Although it would have to keep the same, or mostly the same, results. And the coilgun will have to stay. It's a homage to Halo's SMAC. And, I do know that scientifically, my FTL drives are rubbish, but rubbish that abides by the rule of cool. My shields are actually more analogous to a castle wall than a net. They don't screen damage. They stop it entirely. When the shields go down, they go down, and the ship starts taking damage to its battleplate. It takes a certain amount of force applied in a certain window of time to bring the shields down. If its applied over too large a window the the shields will be able to recharge during that window. If not enough force is applied then the shields stay up.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Nation Name: The Escalan Corps/ Republic of Star Island

Population: 15 billion

Government type:
Escalan- Military Council of Seven
Star Island (Alaran)- Representative Democracy

Economy base: Technology, spacecraft

Species percentage in nation: 93% human, 7% Inzilbekan

Tech base: I came up with most of it and draw on Dune and Ender's Game for a little bit of it

Weapon types: Railguns, plasma cannons, Voidspace missiles, ion barrage guns, and Lucifer Fields

Area controlled: Alaran and heavy patrol in the six hundred surrounding systems, ephemeral presence nearly everywhere, though.

Amount of habited planets: 1 (Alaran)

Amount of claimed planets: 1 (Alaran)

Space Fleet size:
Capitol ships: 217
Frigates: 10,000
Bombers/starfighters: 10 million+?
Drones: 10 billion?

Superweapons: Lucifer Fields, and ripplespace portals can be used as an offensive technique

Past RP's: In sig; esp. note Project S.W.O.R.D., Welcome to Gridiron (PMT) and A Race Returns (FT). I'm also a participant in the Planet X-Earth War.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:

Government type:

Tech base: I came up with most of it and draw on Dune and Ender's Game for a little bit of it

Weapon types: Railguns, plasma cannons, Voidspace missiles, ion barrage guns, and Lucifer Fields

Area controlled: Alaran and heavy patrol in the six hundred surrounding systems, ephemeral presence nearly everywhere, though.

Space Fleet size:

Superweapons: Lucifer Fields, and ripplespace portals can be used as an offensive technique

Past RP's: In sig; esp. note Project S.W.O.R.D., Welcome to Gridiron (PMT) and A Race Returns (FT). I'm also a participant in the Planet X-Earth War.

Seen your work, being in the same RP of A Race Returns, I want you in :) . Could use more spaces/separate paragraphs, but overall you're wanted.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

That's one of the nice things about reactionless drives (and to a lesser extent, fusion torches). So long as you have fuel for your reactors you're still mobile.

No We use Chem thrusters for a Kick in one direction (Think of it as a bomb more than a thruster. Kicks the ship in one direction. Halo Super MAC...Every time i think of it as the Big Stick, I can't help imagining a Profit being smacked by a 5 year old with a stick. And i Just use a giant magnetic field. Not for stopping that would tax it way to much, more for making the round deflect off of it.
Last edited by Yes Im Biop on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

No We use Chem thrusters for a Kick in one direction (Think of it as a bomb more than a thruster. Kicks the ship in one direction. Halo Super MAC...Every time i think of it as the Big Stick, I can't help imagining a Profit being smacked by a 5 year old with a stick. And i Just use a giant magnetic field. Not for stopping that would tax it way to much, more for making the round deflect off of it.

We don't use constant thrust either, but it becomes an issue for us because Kreanolthan ships are deployed for month, sometimes years at a time. They have to have a supply of sublight thrust that they can be sure won't run out on them. And, yeah, that is a great image is it not? The deflector shield idea is a good one, but it runs into problems in fleet engagements due to the possibility of accidentally hitting a friendly ship with a deflected round. It could be destroyed.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

We don't use constant thrust either, but it becomes an issue for us because Kreanolthan ships are deployed for month, sometimes years at a time. They have to have a supply of sublight thrust that they can be sure won't run out on them. And, yeah, that is a great image is it not? The deflector shield idea is a good one, but it runs into problems in fleet engagements due to the possibility of accidentally hitting a friendly ship with a deflected round. It could be destroyed.

Now i have to get a friend to draw that... Anyway. Yeah its for combat uses only, And are fitted so far only on the Chimera, the blast is a micro nuke so smaller ships's hulls would buckle. And the Angled design is also only on the Chimera. Its powered by its own Fusion reactor (Of five on the ship) The Main gun is powered by another. And if all Dozen...Bakers dozen ships are in one place and getting shot at. Something really hit the fan.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:

Government type:

Space Fleet size:

Seen your work, being in the same RP of A Race Returns, I want you in :) . Could use more spaces/separate paragraphs, but overall you're wanted.

Ah. Thanks. Since I've been using my phone all summer, it's hard to get a good idea of the formatting. Thanks for telling me.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:Ah. Thanks. Since I've been using my phone all summer, it's hard to get a good idea of the formatting. Thanks for telling me.

You type your posts on the... *Faints in shock of how long it must take to make one IC post and how annoying autocorrect would be*.

Thats godly.

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:Ah. Thanks. Since I've been using my phone all summer, it's hard to get a good idea of the formatting. Thanks for telling me.

You type your posts on the... *Faints in shock of how long it must take to make one IC post and how annoying autocorrect would be*.

Thats godly.

Well, it's really not even a phone, just an iPod Touch. And that accounts for every single one of my posts. All of them. And the autocorrect is driving me insane- no, wait. I've been insane since the age of -9 months.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:16 pm

I like him already. And Can i ask which RP I would be able to hop into or...
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:I like him already. And Can i ask which RP I would be able to hop into or...

Agreed here, as for RPs... Well there really shouldn't have been a main thread without a main plot so unless you want to use it, I want to let it die. In the DTO thread, it is mainly Thefall, TC, UFT and I in there and those three have gone missing... I recommend that we start a new thread.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:I like him already. And Can i ask which RP I would be able to hop into or...

Agreed here, as for RPs... Well there really shouldn't have been a main thread without a main plot so unless you want to use it, I want to let it die. In the DTO thread, it is mainly Thefall, TC, UFT and I in there and those three have gone missing... I recommend that we start a new thread.

Ok i'll wait for a new one.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Thayese
Secretary

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thayese » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 am

Thayese wrote:Nation Name: The Syndicate

Population: 20 billion

Government type: We are a Monarchy( I guess I mean my workers are like :bow: )

Economy base: Trading and Shares

Worker droids and slave aliens 10% robot soilders 20% robot workers 12% Cyborgs 58% other ( sorry I meant 58 )

Tech base: A bit of star wars based on trade federation and some hutts the rest mine

Area controlled: Trade lanes,Tundorion( it is a planet) and titan the moon around jupiter

Space Fleet size size;
Capitol ships: 100
Frigates: 10 quadtrillion ( we trade don't blame us)
Bombers/starfighters: 10,000,000
Drones: 10 hundred

Superweapons: Super nukes = Basiclly nukes which I sell which are as big as star bases

Past RP's: I did some RP in games in games like world of warcraft and warcraft 3 but not on nation states
War is what the world needs. Peace is needed more.

May one rule them all.

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 am

Is Hlad around to check out his app? If not, it's pointless to bump it. . .

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents