NATION

PASSWORD

GothWatch [Gholgoth|Interest|Closed] (MATURE)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

GothWatch [Gholgoth|Interest|Closed] (MATURE)

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:30 pm

#GothWatch on Goth.NetOFFLINE

GothWatch is a simple, online forum based on the original bulletin board system and dedicated to the compiling of information, news, and bulletin reports regarding fringe or under-reported stories of interest originating from the region of Gholgoth. As such, users are invited to post first-hand accounts of incidents of various natures (as detailed below), re-publish links to news articles, and generally discuss the nature of the unseen and unheard in Gholgoth. Due to the nature of the content of this website, user may remain anonymous or opt to utilize a WatchCode identifying themselves as a specific user through the use of a unique and original identifying series of twelve letters and numbers.

In order to increase functionality and grant an easier means of communication between users, GothWatch maintains an active and lively Internet Relay Chat channel on Goth.Net which can be accessed here. Further communication is granted through the Watchmen Instant Messenger, an in-built program that each user – anonymous or otherwise – has upon first posting, with all messages tied directly to the utilized Internet Protocol address. Even so, all protocol addresses of users are housed on a private and secure server network outside of the region in order to maintain the security and confidentiality of all Watchmen.

Even so, GothWatch is not liable for any information posted herein; each post and its content are the responsibility of each user. All posts published are, as such, to be considered works of fiction; only a fool would believe otherwise.

Good luck, Watchmen!

[tomb]##!6Bc77FA8t423 (Administrator)        

Accidents · /a/Documents · /doc/Inter-regional · /ir/Racism · /race/
Conspiracy · /c/Extraterrestrials · /e/Murder · /m/Requests · /r/
Crime · /cri/General Fringe · /f/National Awareness · /nat/Whatever · /we/
Disasters · /d/Globalism · /g/Occult · /o/XXX · /math/

• Rule Zero: Information is a right, not a privilege.

• Rule One: User privacy is paramount due to the nature of the content of this website. Some portions of the international community would, quite willingly, attempt to shutdown or deny service to GothWatch were it not for the ardent and continued support of our associates, friends, and family. The staff asks that you respect the sacrifices made for the continuance of freedom of information and the right of dissent.

• Rule Two: GothWatch maintains a strict user-age policy. Any individual under the age of thirteen is asked to leave immediately. Users who are found to be under the age of thirteen will immediately and permanently be banned from accessing GothWatch.

• Rule Three: Do not post the following outside of /we/: trolling, flaming, flame-baiting, griefing, racist epithets, off-topic replies, unrelated catchphrases, macro image replies, grotesque imagery, or any other content deemed inappropriate.

• Rule Four: The posting of personal, user information is strictly prohibited.

• Rule Five: Quality of input is extremely important to the GothWatch community. Please strive to post relevant images and intelligent input at all times. This rule may be ignored in the instance of /we/.

• Rule Six: Abuse of GothWatch systems, to include but not be limited to the Watchman Instant Messenger and reporting system is highly frowned-upon. Repeated offenses will result in a permanent ban.

• Rule Seven: Impersonating a GothWatch staff member – regardless of intent – will result in an immediate, permanent ban from accessing the site.

• Rule Eight: Spamming and flooding is strictly prohibited.

• Rule Nine: The use of bots, programs, scrapers, and any other, third party program Is strictly prohibited.

• Rule Ten: Lastly, ban evasion will result in an immediate permanent ban – no exceptions.

Looks familiar, doesn't it?

That is, somewhat, the point. Such is the glory of satire and parody.

This is, by-in-large, an attempt at a re-hashing of the over-done and often-seen “regional news threads.” In effect, this thread is meant to be written from the perspective of individuals in a given nation or national entity, and not from the perspective of the government or media corporations. Each user and each post is, in effect, a small insight into a part of the region of Gholgoth, much like normal news threads; however, unlike them, this thread is meant to be largely dominated by the sort of “fringe news” that lurks in the dark and often-ignored parts of the Internet and social networking spheres. Such things as conspiracy theories, insane paranoia, and various forms of hideous and horrific information is likely to surface here.

In short, this is a “TIN FOIL HAT ZONE.”

Due to the content that may be presented, as well, this thread is labeled as MATURE. Remember, however, to abide by the Terms of Service of NationStates as well as the “In-Character Site Rules” and the “Out-of-Character Stipulations” noted hereafter:

• Currently, this thread is closed. Only members of Gholgoth may post. In the coming weeks, if this thread proves interesting and workable, it may be opened to other players.
  • An IRC channel is provided. Unlike the thread, this channel is open to everyone; however, there is one stipulation: the channel is In-Character. When you enter the channel, you are expected to conduct yourself in an appropriate fashion, as you will be interacting with the GothWatch users, not the players that created such characters. If you wish to discuss GothWatch in an Out-of-Character capacity, please feel free to join #NSSanctuary on Esper.net to do so.
  • Remember that you can post “anonymously,” and that all posts should be formatted according to the code provided below. If you wish to use a “WatchCode,” create a random string of twelve letters and numbers as seen above; if you wish to post anonymously, leave the zeros after the “!” in the header of your post.
  • Images are strongly encouraged, and formatting for them has been provided in the code below. Please re-size your images to be no larger than 300×300 pixels. If you do not have a program capable of doing this, websites such as this will allow you to once you upload the image. If you want the image to be seen at a larger view, use the appropriate formatting.
  • While some posts in this thread may be humorous in nature, maintain a professional atmosphere. An overabundance of “crazy” is not needed; the occasional paranoid or generally “insane” post is acceptable, but only use that literary tool in moderation.
  • Post in English. I understand: it's more “In-Character” and provides more “immersion” if a document, image, or post is written in the native language of the character, but no one really wants to read it. Just assume that the GothWatch user-base is capable of using an online translator.
  • Remember to identify what board your post is meant to be from in the header of your post.
  • Remember to give your post a subject. If you are replying to another post, title the subject as: “REPLY: Original Subject”.
  • Remember to fill-out all provided information in the formatted code before posting.
  • Most importantly, remember that what is posted on GothWatch may or may not be entirely fabricated In-Character; what is posted may be entirely speculation or plain deceit. Even so, nothing in this thread is Secret In-Character. It is assumed if a character is capable of accessing the Internet, then they can likely access GothWatch.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to telegram me.

MANDATORY POST FORMAT

Code: Select all
[blocktext][size=90][hr][/hr][box][floatleft][b][[color=green]Anonymous[/color]][/b]##[color=green]!000000000000[/color] | [url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=YOURNATION][color=green]Watchman Messenger[/color][/url] | [b]SUBJECT:[/b] [i]Your Subject Here[/i][/floatleft][floatright][i]BOARD NAME[/i] · /?/[/floatright][/box][hr][/hr][floatright][box][img]http://i.imgur.com/3mgWq.png[/img][/box][/floatright]
The post body should go here.
[hr][/hr][box][align=right][b][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=Kyrusia][color=red]REPORT[/color][/url][/b][/align][/box][hr][/hr][/size][/blocktext]
Last edited by Kyrusia on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am, edited 13 times in total.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Scarlet Camisole, You Say?

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:30 pm

[tomb]##!6Bc77FA8t423 (Administrator) | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: Scarlet Camisole, You Say?
Documents · /doc/

Sorry about my leave of absence, folks. Things have been rather busy around here. You know how it is: drinking, busting my ass to make sure I stay afloat, drinking more.

Welcome to my life: a soon-to-be alcoholic with a dead-end job and no—

You don't want to hear my woes. You're just reading this to see if I have anything juicy to show you... Well, sorry to disappoint, but not great bust this time. Just an internal memorandum I happened to get my hands on. It doesn't tell us much, but I think it will give everyone a heads-up in the coming days.

For those of you that haven't heard, Vycan Laboratories – the Fortified State of Kyrusia's largest biotechnology and pharmaceuticals firm and a powerful supporter of the Kyrus Commercial Consortium (the second largest “political party” in the country) – has recently released a new brand of non-prescription sleep aids called Somnax.

Well, kids, don't take the shit. I don't know what “PRODUCT 098-77736-A4812” is, but it doesn't seem to be that pleasant. Have a look at the attached image for yourself though; for those of you that can't squint hard enough to read it (It looks like the damn thing was pissed on.), below is a written copy for your convenience.

Whatever it is, though, I will say this: they're preparing or are already prepared for a possible international scandal involving it. In the past, Vycan has shown a rather blatant disregard for international regulations in regard to the use of genetic materials in the testing of and manufacturing of its biopharmaceuticals. Of particular note is the “Horizon Incident” involving Horizon BioSciences, a relatively-small synthetic organ bank based out of Kyrusia as well, where it was revealed that Vycan and Horizon had colluded to utilize the organs of executed criminals, as it proved more cost effective than manufacturing their own from recombinant specimens.

That blew Horizon out of the water, but given Vycan's close relations to the Blood of State – considering its founder, Amarovac Vycan, is a member of the H.B.C. – they were able to squirm out of any possible chance of being forced to take responsibility.

Seems like they're worming their way out of that again; one can hope, at least, that this lot of drugs doesn't get outside of Gholgoth... I'd just hate to see that hellhole embroiled in not only a civil cluster-fuck, but a foreign invasion as well.

They do not deserve that at all...

Stay safe, Watchmen!

·   ·   ·   ·   ·   ·   ·   ·   ·   ·   ·   ·

”P.R. Second Director T. Scerebrin:

“It has come to my attention – thanks, in part, to quality control – that a recent lot of SOMNAX® has been contaminated with a PRODUCT 098-77736-A4812. Specifically, I am speaking of lot LT098392012.

“As we both are well aware, PRODUCT 098-77736-A4812 is not even currently in Phase I of clinical trials. All attempts – even with pressure applied to the Syndic Commission for Biotechnological Regulation by the Commercial Consortium – to help grease the wheels in favor of the initiation of its trials and testing phase have proven unsuccessful. Of course, none can truly blame them; the nature of Product A4812 is not exactly pleasant; even the source of its psychoactive properties are controversial.

“It is expected that in the coming weeks – no later than May 14th of this year – that the international media will learn of his product contamination and will, of course, be clamoring to blame someone. Why VYCAN maintains a exceedingly high standard of quality and keeps safety concerns paramount, outside of Gholgoth, our popularity is fairly minimal.

“As such, as a personal favor, would you care to handle this issue yourself – personally? You've always had a silver tongue when it came to such things. I know you'll be able to handle it. Last thing we need is another “Horizon Incident” on our hands; it's taken them nearly six years to forget about that bungling.

“If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line. If not, I'll see you this afternoon, all right, Tjodor?

“I'll wear the scarlet camisole... Promise! ♥

[...]

[Signature]
    “Fyiolet Duzanya
    Office Director of Internal Requisitions”

Last edited by Kyrusia on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Socorra
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Socorra » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:32 am

[ciceron]##!a45f7jfaf82q | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: The expanding Baphometian-Dharconian alliance
General Fringe · /f/

An ancient Nephilim photograph, found in the Argyz Tapes. Note the
stitches suggesting neural modification.

Morning /f/. Seeing that tomb couldn't provide any good fringe, I've drafted a major update on the 2013 collision based on the Argyz Tapes - expect another on the Annunaki's origins pronto.

We all know about Dharconia's Baphometian affiliation, though no one thought it as bad as this. Milogradian resistance leaders have confirmed that Baphometian priests and the Dh'arco Jukill have met in Argyz over the Resource Initative's reclassification of the Nibiru Threat Level to 'Critical'. It looks like my prediction of an January 2013 collision date are true. While interest in Nibiru is mutual, both the Baphometians and Dharconians understand that the recent Kravenite communications with the Annunaki are the first shots in the End Days.

The ongoing Atraezan War has masked a cosmic Baphometian-Annunaki struggle reaching its terminal stage. With the Annunaki seeking a Gothic landing strip for their collosal New Year invasion, Baphometian activity has skyrocketed throughout Gholgoth - evidenced by Belphegoria's rise and its bloody continuation via the Greater Gothic Wars, the Kravenite subjugation of the Atraezan and the Socorran dictator Crespo's murder by his viceroys.

Gothwach knows that Azrael Dreadfire is an Annunaki affiliate, whose Varathron War is distracting already-stretched Gothic forces. Warlord Dreadfire - the other one, Damien - inaugurated the Greater Gothic Empire with Freekland's Varathron intervention, both a futile attempt to restore the Freekish throne's Dreadfire succession by subduing Azrael's Belphegorian empire and a stab at hampering Annunaki war plans, and his myriad anti-Annunaki efforts will soon engulf all of Gholgoth amid the Freekish conquest and incoming Annunaki landing.

The Baphometians are clever; Lord Ukyrull, their supreme leader, has reversed the Annunaki-sponsored Gothic wars to Baphometian advantage. With the gargantuan Gothic war machine mobilised, the initial Annunaki invasion force may be contained long enough for the subterranean Baphometian warrior city-states to rise in the Atraezan and repel them.

Baphometia, the archipelago homeland of the warrior-priests, was shattered after the enslaved Nephilim rebels of Nibiru razed it with the captured superweapon Zaos, the primordial supernuke, in approximately 3000 BCE. The First Cataclysm is recorded religiously as a 'great flood'; Judaism depicts a pro-Annunaki farmer, Noah, being deceived by the Nephilim into preserving Atraezan fauna via an ark, though being Jewish it's probably wrong. This fauna migrated throughout the world despite the sudden disconnection with their Annunaki masters caused by the Cataclysm. The Atraezan's holiness originates as the homeland of all animals and Man.

But now, the Second Cataclysm is approaching. Millenia of Baphometian engineering has created a machine to resurface the sunken Baphometia and enable a Baphometian defeat of the Annunaki, saving Man from slavery in an Annunaki star empire.

Our lot, then, is with Baphometia.

- ciceron.

Last edited by Socorra on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF SOCORRA
NEWS | SECGOTH | SECDEF | INSURRECTIONS
the revolution is live

Socorra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Socorra » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:05 am

[ciceron]##!a45f7jfaf82q | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: Dharconia's new bomb
Documents · /doc/

Alleged photograph of the Pentecost.

Morning /doc/. My new Milogradian sources leaked this document, a letter from Dh'arco Jukill to Baphometian high-priest, Scandinvan Patriach Thomas II. With the conventional battle lost in the Atraezan, Dharconia is desperate to repel the surging Kravenite advance and prevent its incorporation into the Reich; it needs new solutions and fast. Resource Initiative scientists have provided such a solution.

RI R&D has created a second superweapon: codenamed 'Pentecost', it is a two-tonne bomb currently wired up in the Argyz sarcophagus. Fuelled by a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, mercury oxide and magnesium nitrite, the Pentecost releases multiple, pathogenic gaseous compounds that suppress the frontal lobe and other neural activity in humans for seventy-two hours. Do this and you've got a horde of stupid zombies, which is precisely what Dharconia wants the Capitol Police to be.

However, get this: the Scandinvans are going to seize the Kravenite homeland upon the Pentecost's deployment and the Kravenite military's annulment. The Scandinvan Empire previously was uninvolved in the Atraezan War, though it seems Patriarch Thomas II's Baphometian nationality has won the day. It seems all Gholgoth will pounce on the Kravenite Reich within the next few months, and partition it between themselves. The Gothic Alliance is preparing a militarised landing-strip for the Annunaki invasion in accordance with their Baphometian overlords' wishes.

This is Dh'arco Jukill.

Patriach, RI scientists have created a weapon that will save our cause. This event is of more perrenial importance than anything that came before it, for not only will the Kravenite fortress crumble within hours of its deployment, but a new form of warfare will be created by its usage. For our purposes, it shall be referred to as the Pentecost.

The Pentecost is the pinnacle of human scientific achievement: for seventy-two hours, the Capitol Police will not exist, long enough for your forces to seize their defenceless homeland and for us to kill Helghan. Soon, Gholgoth will partition Kraven like ants on a lion.

This letter will be short, Patriarch, for time is also. But know this; Kraven is over.

[ ~ Praise Dharconia! ]

- ciceron.

Last edited by Socorra on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF SOCORRA
the revolution is live

Socorra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Socorra » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:22 am

[ciceron]##!a45f7jfaf82q | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: REPLY: Scarlet camisole, you say?
Documents · /doc/

Good to see you back, tomb.

The document alleges that Somnax was accidentally contaminated with 'PRODUCT 098-77736-A4812' - this is blatant bullshit, Vycan doesn't do anything accidentally. This doc's been fabricated by Vycan, tomb, it's covered in piss in every way. Looks like Product 098 is so full of chemical compounds that they can't even admit to each other it's in Somnax, fired and primed to suck up our bodies.

- ciceron.

THE REPUBLIC OF SOCORRA
the revolution is live

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

First Trains, then Rollercoasters...

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:57 am

[Necrofear]##!0956teq7mhx5 | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: First Trains, then Rollercoasters...
General Fringe · /f/

Transporting todays people, to tomorrows Wars!

Hello, fellow readers in /f/. It is I, Necrofear. God this site has been inactive for too long. For those of you who don't remember, or simply don't know, I'm the local resident who bitches about and bastardizes every god damn thing. I've not been a fan of many members in the past, I can tell you that. members like tomb and ciceron can definitely confirm such as the truth.

Anywho, I'm coming to you guys today to talk to you about what I recently read in an Socorran Newspaper called El Correo. Being the snoopy (and rich, lets not forget rich) bastard that I am, I like to subscribe to all of the newspapers in Gholgoth I can in order to collate some good material for you. Well, in this particular issue which I read, its main headline was: Kylarnatian company invests $2bn in new high-speed railway. I was greatly intrigued, being a Kylarnatian citizen, and immediately went to the main story page.

"The Secretariat for Infrastructure yesterday unveiled new plans for the modernisation of the National Railways in a $2bn contract with the Kylarnatian corporation Philae Railway." Good stuff, that's what we like to hear. Business for my nation, victory dance once agai-- Hang on a minute, where the hell have I seen this happen before? God, it's there in my mind, but I just can't grasp it. Ti-Ti-Tia- Nope, isn't coming to me.

I'm bullshitting of course. Tiami. For all fellow Kylarnatians out there who remember that episode, you know what I'm pointing at. For those who don't, here is the basics: Kylarnatian Government invests in Tiami, their civilians grow to like us. All their unpopular politicians disappear, the civilians got even more happy. War breaks out, and with an empty government and high command due to 'strange disappearances', Tiami loses. Ummmm, is it just me, or is there a relationship there?

Short story is, dear Socorrans, prepare to become my bitch. No offence, but we all know what's going on here. Poor little nation to the West, perfect place for trade routing. Kylarnatia in the North, not in the best position for trade routing. Sees poor little nation, realises it's in a prime spot, gets all friendly and...BOOM! You're waving the Kylarnatian flag, perhaps beside your own, if you're lucky. I mean, being a fellow nation in Gholgoth, I think the Kylarnatian approach is going to be a bit more subtle then invading. Regardless, the Caesar has worked her magic again, and she's going to get what she wants. Don't believe me? She had meetings with the major companies, including Philae Railway, all last week.

So if politicians and generals start disappearing, I'd just sit back and let it go. And if you see tall motherfuckers all in black and wearing masks, I suggest you run. Run like the wind.

~ Necrofear
Watch the shadows...

The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Reply: Scarlet Camisole, You Say?

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:14 am

[Necrofear]##!0956teq7mhx5 | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: Reply: Scarlet Camisole, You Say?
Documents · /doc/

tomb, you sick SOB, where have you been? It's been awfully quiet with just me and alien-guy here for the most part. Hopefully with you back, some halfway decent stuff can start flowing through again.

Anyway, is it bad to say I laughed? I mean, I looked up Fyiolet Duzanya, and I cringe at the image of her in a camisole. That T. Scerebrin fella needs to come and visit Kylarnatia, and get some real taste in women. Your girlfriend is the only exception, tomb, because she was fit.

But in all seriousness, good spill on the "PRODUCT 098-77736-A4812". That's some messed up stuff. The problem with me being sadistic is that I can't wait to see others get screwed over by this, and therefore I'll only keep note of this for my own personal safety.

All the best,

~ Necrofear
Watch the shadows...

The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

The Dodatiya Spiral

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 pm

[tomb]##!6Bc77FA8t423 (Administrator) | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: The Dodatiya Spiral
General Fringe · /f/

The Dodatiya Spiral

As some of you may be aware, on April 12, 2012, local media outlets in and around the city of Dodatiya, Kyrusia, began to report that a large, luminescent spiral had formed above the center of the city, more or less appearing above Ciprian Memorial Park. At the time of the initial sighting, footage of the event was hard to come-by – even with local television stations filming the incident and reporting it on-air. This was due, at least in part, because Kyruviesch claimed that such was footage of a failed, single-stage, solid-rocket test launch failure from the nearby Arkavet-19 Stratospheric Proving Station. Once such was claimed, all footage of the incident was either confiscated or destroyed “in the interest of state security.”

At least, that was the official story...

Last night, around an hour after posting the “Scarlet Camisole, You Say?” story, I got a private message from an anonymous lurker claiming to have footage of something that may be of interest. Of course, I get messages like this all of the time; as administrator for GothWatch, it's not uncommon. Whether it's supposed “extraterrestrial autopsy footage” that turns-out to be little more than footage of a medical necropsy performed on a very cheap camera, to “proof of a globalist conspiracy,” I've pretty much heard it all. So, of course, I asked for proof of the footage.

Around five minutes after sending the message, I got a reply containing only the image in this post.

For anyone that has been to Dodatiya, the skyline is quite obviously correct. You can see Ciprian Memorial Park in the lower foreground and the boulevard (the name escapes me) that leads to it in the center background. I have no doubt that the image is a shot of the city; what I did doubt, however, was whether what is shown was actually an image of the “Dodatiya Spiral” or merely someone's clever photo-manipulation. A quick run of the EXIF data shows that the image was taken on April 12, 2012, from a TUKOR 3 Megapixel Digital Camera, and it doesn't appear to be edited.

I sent this anonymous user a response asking if he had anymore images, which he replied he did, but would only be willing to hand them over on a datastick in person, and has since asked me to meet with him in a nearby café for the hand-off. For obvious reasons, I have a bit of trepidation over meeting him. As some of you may know, in 2008 when I was transferring our servers out of the region, I ran into some trouble with the local blackshirts, and nearly got my ass shipped-off to a labor penitentiary; I managed to get off from that wrap, but I've been overly-cautious and paranoid ever since. It was luck, more or less, that got me off the hook to begin with, and I doubt I have that kind of luck left in me.

So, Watchmen: meet with the anonymous source or not? I'll leave that up to you fine folks. I will, however, offer a bit of my own conjecture on the “Dodatiya Spiral.”

For one, we know it wasn't a rocket test. In the hours immediately following the incident – before the proverbial gag order was handed-down – local media stations were able to contact Arkavet-19 which, more or less, stated that there were no planned launches that night or for the next three nights – minimum. So we know it wasn't that. We also know that it couldn't be a rocket as, according to some eye-witnesses I have spoken to, the spiral did not seem to originate from any source other than what is seen in the image. No contrails or rocket emissions were seen coming into view, merely the spiral seem to “unfold” above Ciprian Memorial Park. The evidence for it not being a rocket is further compounded by witness' reports stating that, during the whole of the occurrence, they reported to hear no other sounds than that of the city itself.

No rumble of a rocket engine. No sonic boom. Nothing. Just the roar of the city itself – including a rather large quantity of sirens, likely due to rampant calls to the authorities inquiring about the sighting.

That's what I know right now, and more information can largely be found by a cursory Goothle search, so I trust the Watchmen will do their research. Regardless, the anonymous lurker wants me to meet with him tomorrow night; I leave it up to GothWatch to help me decide. Yes or no?

Stay sane, Watchmen...

Last edited by Kyrusia on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:01 pm

[Revelator]##!s239trx5vcq7 | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: An Attempted Coup Underway in Azura!
Disasters · /d/

The outbreak of war in an apparent coup attempt in Azura has hit
Center City Tsyion and its outlying neighborhoods hard. There is no
word yet on how many casualties have resulted in the attack.
I don't know how long my internet will hold, so I have to be quick.

There are bombs and missiles flying off everywhere in Tsyion. A lot of soldiers are moving back and forth, shooting at unarmed civilians whenever they get in the way. A lot of people are dying in the streets right now... Holy shit, there goes another five jets overhead near our apartment complex! One right after the other!

This shit is getting out of control—there are fires everywhere, and buildings in the financial district are being reduced to rubble. I haven't been able to get in touch with my parents yet in Kirjath, but I don't know where else they're attacking right now. People in the streets are hollering up that they're Azuran troops; this must be some kind of coup, or maybe there's something sinister going on?

I took a photo with my camera phone; I hope it uploads properly... there. If you look to the right, that's just two miles from my apartment building. Our airplanes are blasting the ever-loving Hell out of the capital! This has been going on since this morning, when planes started bombing the city and the airport after that. They've been flying against us for a couple of hours now off and on. Some gunfire erupted down by the Kirjana River, and some people said that other Azuran troops were fighting the insurgents. My neighbors went down to see for themselves, but they never came back.

The air raid sirens have been going off repeatedly since this morning, and the Emergency Alert System is telling us in this neighborhood to head to the MagLev Depot at 45th and Westin Avenue for evacuation. I'm going to try and get one last post out before I try and make it for the safe zone. There are insurgents on the side streets in the neighborhood. Pray for me guys—hopefully I'll see you soon.

Revelator
This life is what you make...

Last edited by New Azura on Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Tiurabo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiurabo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm

[FailSafe]##!000000000000 | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: N00b here.
National Awareness · /nat/

Right, I'm new here, but one of my buddies says he lurks here, tipped me off.

So check this out, they got the fiber optic back on today. Right? We've been without ANY net since the coup, and BY THE WAY, don't let anyone tell you it wasn't a fuckin' coup. They publicly executed three guys the other day for treason! Okay, so the guys tried to blow up a convoy on MSR-3, but they were Archonal Guard officers!

Whatever. No pictures, I actually tried to take a few in the crowd (yeah, bros, there was a big ass crowd) and some dude took my camera. Didn't say anything, just slid up and took it out of my hands! And just slipped off. I didn't say shit, he was in uniform, and he caught me fair. But no pictures til I get a new camera. Weird uniform, too, ballistic vest over some kinda gel suit, all in sludgy grey.

Back to my net thing, though, yeah, someone set off a bomb next street over, must have hit the FO line. Brewed up a IFV too, but it was fucking empty. Fucking Archonists. Good riddance to those fuckers. Some guys from this new regime we've got now came in earlier today and fixed it. Then they just left. Gotta say, these guys are pretty fucking cool. They /live/ down here, yo? In the DownUnder, you guys probably don't know about that. I've been seeing these guys around for years, two of my dads remember when they started moving in, all rushed and shit. Wasn't long before I started walkin', they tell.

Guess what? I don't know shit about these guys. Years and years, they're just a fixture in the DU, then one day, they're runnin' shit. And they still live here. Pretty fuckin' sweet, right?

Anyway, that's my fuckin' week. What's up in #G, you freaks?

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 am

[Anonymous]##!000000000000 | Watchman Messenger | SUBJECT: Go Fish!
Whatever · /we/

"Welcome to Milograd. Care to fish?"

I should note, before I begin, that I normally don't do the kind of thing described below. I have a fairly normal life and work for an advertising business that operates from within Dephire. I am in my early twenties and have recently graduated college: nothing about me, except for the experience that I am about to describe to you all, is out of the ordinary or particularly bizarre. I'm not a regular poster here, so I apologize if I have violated any community protocols in this post. I did take the time to read over the rules.

So anyway...

Recently, I acquired a large sum of money through inheritance. To make a long story short, the death of the person who bequeathed such to me - who I will avoid detailing in hopes of protecting my anonymity - truly devastated me. Like any man needing a distraction during a hard time, I decided to go on a trip with a few of my buddies, and paid for this getaway using the very money that was given to me. And where did we decide to go? The Mokarzos Islands, which is a little-known archipelago located just south of the Milogradian Maritime Exclusion Zone's reach. Despite its closeness to Milograd, it is a fairly luxurious vacationing spot that has lots of free room because of most people's hesitation to vacation near the country. That was not a problem for a Dephirian who has lived several hundred miles north of Atraeza for his entire life.

I brought two friends: we'll call them "Garret" and "Sam." Both were in my frat back in college, so I've known them for a long time and we've been through a lot together. They were a bit hesitant to go at first due to instability within our own nation, but the promises of free booze and a week of relaxation inevitably got the best of them. It always does, doesn't it?

Upon the conclusion of our flight, we were overjoyed to see just how nice the resort truly was. We took a cab ride to the hotel that we had bought rooms in, and then began to plan our week out. My initial desire was to go down to the bar on the first floor of the building, but Garret wanted to do something a bit more "interesting." He encouraged us to go deep water fishing as close to Milogradian waters as possible for the thrill of it.

I think you all know where I'm going with this now.

We rented a boat from the docks nearby, bought a few rods, and went out into the ocean. In the beginning it was quite nice - I caught four kartfish, but it became less enjoyable after the fourth catch. The bugs began coming out, it became terribly hot outside, and the fish stopped biting. That's to be expected on a fishing trip, but what happened next was a bit less expected. Our boat got so close to Milogradian waters that we could spot several warships out in the distance: by this time, the water smelled of blood and the waters of the vast ocean were dyed scarlet. Given the pollution underwater that Kravenite warships brought to the area, it was no surprise that the fish weren't biting. I was initially worried about sharks but realized that sharks couldn't survive in the polluted water, even if they were attracted by the vast pool of blood that swirled around within it.

The warships in the distance were surprisingly still: in a rather dh'arconian style, they refrained from bothering us because we avoided entering the exclusion zone. Despite the genocides and shit, I can at least give them credit for leaving us alone. Sam turned to me after we spotted the ships and told me to cast my line out. I gave him an odd look and simply asked him, "Why? There are no fish here." He nodded and said that it might be fun to see what we could find in the water. I reluctantly agreed.

Hours passed and none of us were able to catch even a single thing, which didn't really surprise me. There was no tugging on any of our lines, which had sat motionless in the bloody waters the entire time; eventually, I got sick of it and decided to reel back in. Oddly enough, I had some difficulty doing so and noticed that the line seemed heavy. Garret and Sam came to my side and helped me pull it back in, but its heaviness nearly caused us to fall overboard while struggling with it. When we finally got it close enough to the boat for it to be lifted directly up, a drenched shirt from a seaman's uniform emerged from the water. I grabbed it, looked over it, and eyed it curiously. A large slash was visible along its chest area and the bloodied ocean had turned its fabric red. After joking with my friends for a few minutes about it, I ended up putting it on. We took a few pictures of me wearing it in silly poses, but it was quite uncomfortable and I removed it minutes later. I wondered who it belonged to and whether or not the owner had survived the war.

Both of those questions were answered when, right before we left, I peered back over the edge of the boat: a damp, mutilated corpse floated atop the water. It was shirtless.

Retired

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents