NATION

PASSWORD

GR-88 Grenadier Rifle

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

GR-88 Grenadier Rifle

Postby Lyras » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:29 pm

GR-88 Grenadier Rifle

Specifications:
Weight: 5.7kg unloaded.
Length: 94.5cm
Barrel Length: 66.6cm
Height: 16.4cm w/o sights.
Cartridge: 20x100mm Grenade
Action: Gas operated roller locked V-bolt
Muzzle Velocity: 320m/s
Effective Range: Up to 3km.
Feed System: 9-round integral rotary magazine. 5-round clips.
Sights: Rear flip-up gradient with diopter, front open fixed post. Rail system.

History:

The GR-88 was conceived to fill a gap in the firepower of the infantry section in combat. In 10,379 (Sumerian Calendar) it was realized that the rifle grenade was unusable in Combat in Enclosed Spaces (CES) and the grenades available for the 20mm (Real value 18.4mm) shot guns were inadequate for sufficient explosive power on target. The GR-88 was thus designed as a multi-shot, semi-automatic large caliber rifle firing a larger, more powerful grenade. The result, issued to troops starting in 10,388, is the GR-88.

Design:

The GR-88 is a gas operated semi-automatic large caliber rifle intended for firing medium-velocity grenades across all ranges of the infantry-section's fire. The GR-88 uses a roller-locked bolt derived from most Sumerian combat rifle designs. The rifle is fed from a nine round fixed rotary magazine which feeds from five round stripper clips through a gate in the right side of the weapon. The total capacity is ten rounds, including one in the chamber. A firing-pink block safety is included preventing the weapon from firing unless the trigger is pulled, along with a grip safety which prevents the trigger assembly from being activated without the weapon being pulled. This allows the tenth round to be carried in the chamber safely. The rifle is of bull pup design with the integral magazine behind the grip and trigger assembly. The bolt recoils to a stop in the butt of the rifle, with a dampening spring acting vertically on a V-joint bolt to allow longer travel time in a shorter length. A magazine stop is included forward of the magazine which prevents a round from feeding in to the chamber when the bolt retracts when activated. Rounds can be removed from the chamber through one of two doors which act as dust covers, one on each side. When either door is open the round is automatically ejected out the open door by a spring loaded pin in the bolt. When both doors are open the pin is locked in to the bolt and the round does not eject, allowing for cooling or quick cleaning if needed. Rounds may also be inserted directly in to the chamber through the door when the weapon is empty or the magazine stop is activated. This allows different rounds to be loaded and fired when needed.

The GR-88 fires a special 20x100mm "caseless" grenade family which includes several special variants for various tasks. The round is "caseless" not in the conventional sense as its cartridge case is fixed to the round and stays on it in flight. When the round is fired the propellant in the base of the round burns through five ports in the bottom of the fixed case, pushing on the bolt and chamber of the rifle and moving the whole round down the barrel. In flight the fixed case aids in aerodynamics while residual gas emitting from the ports in the case acts as a base-bleed system to a small extent. This improves ballistic performance, allowing greater range and accuracy of the round. The round fires at around 320m/s and has a maximum range of three kilometers. Several types of rounds are available, including canister, flechette, armour piercing, flare, and a parachute-slowed reconnaissance round which includes a small digital camera for disposable observation. The most common rounds, however, are semi-armour piercing dual-purpose, and high-explosive, with their respective tracer rounds. The HE round is activated by a contact fuse which is enabled when the pressure in the case drops to sufficient levels to indicate the round has left the barrel of the gun. The HE round is a thin-walled round which allows all-round bursting. The SAPDP rounds have a delayed fuse which allows the round to penetrate light armour and detonate behind the armour. The round consists of an armour piercing cap which wraps around the rear explosive filler, acting as a secondary fragmentation element. The SAPDP rounds have the same safety fuse as the HE rounds. Rounds are delivered in five round disposable stamped metal clips. In the field many soldiers will re-group their clips to alternate HE and SAPDP in a single clip, and carry specialized rounds loose.

Fitted with a rail attachment system, the GR-88 can mount many types of optics, as well as use the built in sight. A forward folding mono pod is also included to assist in prone firing, and a folding heavy-wire shoulder shelf is included to keep the rifle propped on the shoulder of the firer.

Export
By virtue of an export and production agreement between Lyran Arms and the Dictatorial Republic of Sumer, the GR-88 is available for NS$4,700 each, purchase being available through Lyran Arms.
Last edited by Lyras on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Official Allanean Inquest Form:

What is the accuracy of this rifle in terms of minutes of angle?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:44 am

Allanea

For information of that nature in regards to the GR-88, we must recommend that you speak with the Sumerian makers of this weapon. We apologize for the delay in our response.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Golddragons
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

weapons purchase

Postby Golddragons » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:40 am

from the office of the vice marshel

re weapons purcase

we would like to know the price of this weapon

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Golddragons

In response to your inquiry, we are going to quote the part of the catalog entry dealing with the export price of the GR-88 Genadier Rifle.

Export
By virtue of an export and production agreement between Lyran Arms and the Dictatorial Republic of Sumer, the GR-88 is available for NS$4,700 each, purchase being available through Lyran Arms.

Lyran Arms thanks you for your inquiry.
National Anthem

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Golddragons
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

GR-88 Grenadier Rifle

Postby Golddragons » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 am

we wish for 100 plus prod rights

Duestch Kaiserreich
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestch Kaiserreich » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:02 am

we will take 1000

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Duestch Kaiserreich

Your order for 1,000x GR-88s has been noted for 4,700,000 standard dollars. A check of your defense budget has revealed that you currently have zero standard dollars in that budget. Therefore, we must deny your order until such time as you have the money in your defense budget to purchase these weapons. Lyran Arms thanks you for your understanding.

Golddragons

Your order for 100x GR-88s (470,000 standard dollars), and DPRs (470,000,000 standard dollars), for the design has been approved for the total cost of 470,470,000 standard dollars. You will receive your one hundred examples within the week, and we are dispatching all relevant materials, information, and personell for your purchase of DPRs to the GR-88 design. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valuable custom.
National Anthem

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Official Allanean Response:

We wish to order 1 million of these rifles.

4.7 billion will be wired upon confirmation.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Golddragons
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Golddragons » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:14 am

money wired

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Allanea

Your order (1 million GR-88) has been approved for the total cost of 4.7 billion standard dollars. This order will be filled within six months, and will be shipped to you via Lyran-flagged shipping. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valuable custom.
National Anthem

Daviis
Envoy

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Daviis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:58 am

Daviis would like to buy the DPRs for this weapon.

How much would this cost? as i can't see a price for it anywhere.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Daviis

DPR costs to the GR-88 equal 470,000,000 standard dollars.

In response to your inquiry about cost, we are going to quote the part of the catalog entry dealing with the export price of the GR-88 Genadier Rifle.

Export

Your order for DPRs to the GR-88 has been approved for the previously stated price. We will immediately dispatch all needed materials, information, and personell in order to assist you in setting up your DPR program for the GR-88. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued custom.
National Anthem

Raludcia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Raludcia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:00 am

The Ralud army has developed a great intrest in this weapon and has decided that such a weapon would be immensly useful in our grenadier companies. We would like to purchase the DPRs of the weapon for the stated 470,000,000 USD. We plan to produce small amounts to equip our elite troops. We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
King Albert VII
Economic: Left/Right, -3.12 Points

Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian, 2.31 Points

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Raludcia

Your purchase of DPRs to the GR-88 is approved for the total cost of 470,000,000 standard dollars. We are immediately dispatching all relevant materials, information, and personnel in order to assist you with your DPR purchase. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued purchase.
National Anthem

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 am

Official Arch Islands Communication

To Lyran Arms
From The Arch Islands Secretary of Standardization of Arms with in the Defence Buero

The Arch Islands has been Searching to Improve its military Equipment Standards and in doing so search for new weapons to help defend our Great nation from attack. The Secretary of Standardization believes the GR-88 Would be a Great addition to our Armed forces utilities. how ever due to the Fact this is a relatively new piece of weaponry (OOC: saw it on NSdraftroom) we would like to purchase a 300 units of this weapon to test and make sure they would be affective, with in our armed forces.

Looking forward to doing Business with you in the future

Secretary of Standardisation
Jonathan Handle
Last edited by Of The Arch ilands on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:13 am

Of The Arch Ilands

Your order for:

300x GR-88: 1,410,000 standard dollars

has been approved. Your GR-88s will be shipped to you within one week, as we currently have a surplus of these weapons in our inventory. Please rest assured that these weapons are powerful, and reliable for their intended roles. Lyran Arms thanks your for your valued custom. If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to let us know.
National Anthem

Ta ka au
Attaché

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ta ka au » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:50 pm

We would like to purchase 500,000 GR-88

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Ta ka au

Your order for:

500,000x GR-88

has been accepted, for the total cost of 2,350,000,000 standard dollars. Please follow the storefront rules next time, which include doing your own math.
National Anthem

Abinu
Secretary

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abinu » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Hail Lamoni!

I would like to purchase the DPR for this weapon. Once the confirmation is received the allotted amount,47 billion, for this purchase will be wired to you. We thank you greatly for your time and efforts.
Last edited by Abinu on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May your country be prosperous and last for many generations.

-The Terran Empire of Abinu, Sir Asif

Izumo Repubic
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izumo Repubic » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:24 am

The Izumo Republican Self Defence wishes to purchase 50 of these rifles for trial and special forces use.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:47 pm

OOC: If you place your posts in the main Lyran Arms storefront thread, you will get much quicker response times. It also means that we don't need to check 20 different threads in order to see all of the orders. Thanks!
National Anthem

Trevolopolis
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Trevolopolis » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 pm

I would like to get 500 of these. please reply back.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:42 am

Lamoni wrote:OOC: If you place your posts in the main Lyran Arms storefront thread, you will get much quicker response times. It also means that we don't need to check 20 different threads in order to see all of the orders. Thanks!
National Anthem

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade