NATION

PASSWORD

Galactic HoloNet News [SWG Reboot]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Galactic HoloNet News [SWG Reboot]

Postby Thrashia » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 am

"And welcome back ladies and gentle-beings to the program, where the news of the galaxy comes to you! I am your host, Tod Tucker, the head news-anchor for the Coruscant-based headquarters of HoloNet News! The only place where you can learn about the great events happening all around the galaxy. In tonight's news we'll be discussing the recent events of the past month:

• The Kuat Family of Kuat host an informal-formal business extravaganza within their famous system, wining and dining the greatest business magnates in the galaxy!
  • We'll be taking an insiders look into the new training grounds of the Imperial Academy on Bastion where the newest class of future Thrashian Imperial Naval officers is soon to be graduating!
  • Brought to you only by HoloNet News, a live interview with the survivors of a dreadful pirate attack in the Kashyyyk System!
  • And more, more, more news yet to come!

"We'll have more on these stories from our own Katie Neuric. But now a word from our sponsors, after which we'll get to sports with Donny Chang!"

Have a story? Contact your local Galactic HoloNet News provider and submit your news story today! Don't miss out on being a part of the largest and most trusted provider of galactic news ever! Brought to you by Kuat Drive Yards, Dex's Diner, and many more!

Whenever you post a news story, be sure to put the title picture shown here in code at the top.

Code: Select all
[align=center][img]http://s6.postimg.org/epucbefj5/Holonet_news_2.png[/img][/align]

EDIT: New Rule
You are not allowed to claim systems, planets, sectors, regions, etc in this thread unless there are other threads that show clear IC rps taking place to back up a legitimate claim. Any claims that are made via HoloNet news without subsequent rp back up will not be recognized.
Last edited by Thrashia on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

CoreWorlds
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby CoreWorlds » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:21 am

OOC: Gonna use this news thingy to set up my first RP in the SWG. I hope it's OK, Thrashia.

Breaking news from Onderon!

Jacen Alert! Princess Camilie of Onderan goes missing!

The Kingdom of Onderon has issued a large bounty for the safe retrieval of the beloved Princess Camilie, firstborn daughter of King Morpheus and Queen Doria and Heir Apparent of the planetary Kingdom! She has last been seen sleeping in the palace last night, but when a maid went to wake her up, her bed was found empty! A sectorwide search is ongoing, but suspicions from Onderan officials and populace alike suspect offworld involvement. As she is a minor of thirteen years, a Jacen Alert has also been issued to all law enforcement organizations in the galaxy, including the Jedi Order, to ensure her safe return...
Last edited by CoreWorlds on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ctan
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:17 am

Centrality Navy on Unannounced Exercises.

The Oseon

Sightseers in the Oseon system today received a surprise visit... from a Venator class star destroyer. Due to miscommunication the inhabitants of the prestigious mansion-asteroid Oseon 291 were not warned in advance when the Star Destroyer Inflexible dropped out of hyperspace and began a simulated blockade of the planetesimal, deploying over seventy Actis Interceptors that commenced a mock blockade against each other.

The richest system in the Centrality, the Oseon is home to countless sightseers and luxury residences, both hosting Centrean citizens and foreigners. Although there are no planets in the system, there are over ten thousand colonised asteroids, from single mansions and homesteads to large shopping and resort complexes. The majority of tourists flock to the Oseon to see the Flamewind, a coronal giga-ejection around which the local year is based.

Although largely closed four months from the Flamewind, Oseon 291 was deemed ideal for the drill due to its powerful shields, which protect it in its close location of almost two AU from the system's star.

Centrality Navy drills have increased tenfold in the last three weeks, though this is the first high profile incident, and the Department of the Navy has refused to comment on the reason behind this, citing operational security. Some ships are known to have been seen at Junkfort Station, and further out, suggesting that fleet assets have left the sector. Scriviner Rien Gaiell's office also refused to confirm the increased activity, or the reasons behind it, and, given the disastrous and ongoing war in the Rentasia system under the auspices of his predecessor, one is forced to wonder if the intention isn't to decisively end the conflict. This would however, conflict with the agreement with the C'tani Legate earlier this month to allow for arbitration in the Rentasia system, which leaves an important question; where are these ships going?
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Greater Maldrood
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Maldrood » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:13 pm

D'Asta Posts Record Profits, Denies Piracy Accusations
Columex--Ragez D'Asta, CEO of D'Astan Shipping and Baron of Columex, held a press conference on the steps of the Columex Trade Spire to announce D'Astan Shipping's profits for the most recent fiscal year.

"On behalf of all shareholders and employees, I am pleased to announce that D'Astan Shipping has earned profits exceeding anything previously recorded," D'Asta said while a holoprojector displayed the raw data behind him. "It is because of our excellence, both in caliber of personnel and quality of services provided, that this corporation is able to out-perform every competitor along the Perlemian Trade Route in the field of trans-planetary transportation."

D'Astan Shipping has been posting continually increasing profits as a new wave of galactic commerce increases the need for shipping of both raw materials and finished goods. D'Astan freighters have expanded their operations along the Perlemian and have begun to branch out along the Hydian Way and the Corellian Run. Analysts have credited the economic surge to a number of new galactic states emerging from isolation or internal disorder, while D'Astan Shipping has always had the advantage of being one of the least preyed-upon shipping companies, thanks to the impressive private fleet maintained by D'Asta.

This fleet has also been the cause of some controversy, which D'Asta addressed at the conference. "D'Astan Shipping does not need to resort to piracy in order to gain a competitive advantage. I categorically reject any and all implications that my corporation has condoned acts of piracy, and that is all that will be said on the subject."

D'Astan Shipping has been accused of funding privateers to attack the freighters of other shipping companies, as well as attack worlds unwilling to enter into deals with D'Asta. Some critics claim D'Asta has used his private fleet for extortion and coercion. So far no conclusive proof of these accusations exists.

Hak Jorr is the HoloNet News correspondent assigned to the Maldrood sector.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm

*cuts to an image of a woman who looks suspiciously like Michelle Yeoh on the screen, shuffling papers. Smiling, she looks at the camera, and for once, actually reads the news straight.*

"Hello, I'm Gracie Liang, from HoloNet News's Bakura Bureau. These are our top stories for tonight."

President Haggar visits Christmas War Memorial on Bakura

President Michael Haggar today visited the Insular County of Bakura to speak with prominent local political figures in the Bakuran Senate as part of a three-day tour of the Insular Counties and Simpsongrad County. Laying a wreath on the Christmas War Memorial on Salis'Daar and participating on a maintenance crew helping to tend the grounds, the President had this to say.

"Even as I lay this wreath and tend these grounds, I know that's not going to be nearly enough tribute for these heroes that this memorial represents. A lot of good people died to protect Salis'Daar for the last time against Ssi-Ruuk invasion.

*does a dramatic point to the audience as he walks with the mike*

And you better believe it, brother, when I say these heroes are not forgotten. They did a damn good job, and if it wasn't for them, this planet would not be here right now. The people of the Colonial Republic certainly wouldn't be here right now. We owe them, big--after all, we're all in this together, brothers and sisters. We're a tag team.

*cheers*"

The President was attended as usual by his pet bear Yogi--who took the time to spar with the President at a local gym for the benefit of the cameras and the President's workout--and his staff, which included the newly formed Valkyrie Division bodyguards and his daughter, Jessica. Although the usual Bakuran nationalist protesters showed up, they were few in number, and nothing happened as a result of it.

Namana Liqueur Wins Earth Taste Test

In a bit of news which shocked the wine and spirits world, a brand of Namana Liquor beat out several major brands at a Paris taste test. The brand, known as "Cundertol Reserve" and produced by the Tennenbaum y Cundertol Wineries company, marks the first time a brand of liqueur from the SWG has actually beaten either Earth-derived or SWC-made liqueurs in a major taste test.

"It's quite a shock," said one judge, who asked to be named anonymously to prevent retaliation from what he called "The Goddamn Motherfucking Wine Conspiracy." "This stuff is good...it's addicting...aw fuck, I need more!" He then proceeded to down several more bottles to no small surprise.

Sales of "Cundertol Reserve," not coincidentally have boosted up recently and its rumored the company will be floating shares on the New York Stock Exchange soon. Additionally, the Bakuran Senate is currently seeking legal protection for the Namana fruit, citing "religious and cultural significance," although growers in other parts as far away as New Monterrey have sought to try and plant their own orchards of the fruit.

Simpsongrad Manuevers Underway

Speaking from an undisclosed location, Supreme Commander Katarzyna Wachowski confirmed today that the Dornalian military is currently engaging in a series of wargames in the Simpsongrad County region. The wargames, the largest of their kind, pit local Citizens Forces elements against units from Bakura, the Codian Moon as well as from other regions like Konoha County and Earth and consist of naval and land components and are designed to test the readiness of Simpsongrad's defenses in the event of attack.

And now, an important Public Service Announcement:

*cuts to an image of a woman with a tail and cat ears, but otherwise resembling an ordinary Mexican-Filipina woman in appearance. She's in her forties, and yet has aged very well.*

"Hi, I'm Antonia Markham. You may know me as Fuzzy. Ranger. Heroine. Winner of the Honoris Crux. Today, I'm here to tell you about a growing problem in our society."

*cuts to another ordinary-looking woman also with cat ears and a prehensile tail making copies in an office, when suddenly, a leering co-worker pulls her tail jovially. The woman leaps up and whips out a Colt .45, firing two to the chest and one to the head. The woman holsters her 1911A1 and goes back to making copies as Fuzzy narrates.*

"Lately, I've been noticing a growing problem in society, as I correspond with my relatives, see them every so often, participate in things. Every day, millions of innocent gatas like me are having their tails pulled, for no reason other than that it looks amusing and cute to outsiders. Millions of man hours are spent administering pain cream and other forms of care to deal with this phenomenon."

*Fuzzy adopts a serious face, evidently experienced in this matter.*

"It may be amusing to you--"

*cuts to more images of tails being pulled, it resultant angry stares, back kicks, and gunfire.*

"--but to the people who have to go through this, it's an annoying, humiliating experience which is degrading to them, and results in harm and property damage to others."

*Fuzzy glares at the camera.*

"That's right, Nicholas Tyrol. I'm talking to you too."

*Cuts to one of hundreds of thousands of photos, from Tyrol Industries website, with Nick pulling Fuzzy's tail.*

"Did you really have to post that on your business site? I have enough pictures of me floating around the Holonet, and I don't think we need any more."

*Fuzzy then is seen with a bunch of gatas as they look at the screen.*

"So please, on behalf of the gatas of the Colonial Republic--don't tug our tails."

*Quick voiceover*

"Paid for by the Commission Against Abuse of Tails. We are not liable for any defamation, avulsions, loss of limb use, damage to computers and other property, civil liability, criminal liability or life insurance payouts which will happen when you actually pull a tail."

OOC: Credit goes to OG for some of the dialogue :D.
Last edited by New Dornalia on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 am

*cuts to an image of a woman who looks suspiciously like Michelle Yeoh on the screen sipping a diet Coke. She looks at the camera, and for once, actually reads the news straight.*

"Hello, I'm Gracie Liang, from HoloNet News's Bakura Bureau. These are our top stories for tonight."

Congress Approves Budget Appropriations Bill

In a surprisingly rare feat of Congressional legislation, Congress today approved, with a minimum of fuss, backtalking to the President or blood on the debate floor, the Omnibus Authorization Act that authorized, among other things, funds to buy more Jeishka and Mercury-Cain class vessels, to decommission selected groups of older ships, as well as to expand ROTC programs and create an expanded Accreditation Procedure for service academies meant to produce officers for the Armed Forces. The bill also touches on a number of domestic matters, such as healthcare budgets, revamped tax law to encourage savings and financial regulation, all of which are available on Congress's web site.

The only reported injury during the passage of the legislation was a page, who slipped and fell on a coffee spill.

Tales for Tails Triathilon Held In Simpsongrad's Capital

Steelport today saw the First Annual Tales for Tails Triathilon, a charity marathon event held to raise money for the Commission Against Abuse of Tails. 1,500 runners took part in the event, which spanned the length of the city and involved multiple events, including kayaking, swimming and running. The winner, to no one's great surprise, was Mike Kenyatta of Kenya, who simply thanked the audience as he recovered his gold medal, with P'wecki sprinter David Lwothin taking sixteenth--the first P'wecki runner in all of the Republic making an appearance here in his hometown. He spoke to the audience about his accomplishment.

*cuts to an image of a P'weck with a thing around his neck. He then speaks in an autotuned voice that makes it seem like he's singing as the vocoder is translating P'weck speech into Basic.*

♪"Thanks, everybody! I appreciate y'all for cooomin' out. And tell my mom I love her!"♪

*cuts back to Gracie*

"And now, our sponsors."

OOC: Yes, this is a fairly obvious reference of some sort to Robocop.

IC:

*cuts to a shadowed image of some sort of huge firearm. A sultry voiceover speaks.*

"Power."

*the image pans and dissolves into another overview of the same gun, focusing on a three-quarters shot of its muzzle.*

"Excellence."

*Rinse, repeat, from other side.*

"Cutting Edge."

*Image zooms out, and a switch is flicked and the room lights up. A weapon which looks like a dolled up Barrett XM500 with FT gubbins emerges. A gata, the one who's been giving out the voice over, does the most absurdly slow and sultry strut over to the weapon one can possibly imagine, dressed in a little black dress and wearing stilettos. She picks up the weapon, cradling it as if it were a newborn. Then, she looks at the screen and is about to give a pitch. Then, an offscreen hand yanks her tail. With a sudden whip-around and a genuinely annoyed grimace, the camera faces her as we see her pull the trigger on the rifle, sending out a blazing blue light slamming at the camera, shattering the image in a kaleidoscopic explosion.

An image of the woman blowing on the muzzle to cool it down with a 'Damn I'm Good' expression on her face, a company logo for HT Industries, and another voiceover cap off the ad.*

"Cobra Assault Cannon. Accept no substitutes. Now available in Full Size in 25mm AMR Slug and Tactical Size, with 15mm AMR slug."

*The gata rubs her aching tail as a quick voiceover afterwards occurs.*

"Warning--Cobra Assault Cannon is banned where prohibited--check all local laws before attempting to purchase Cobra Assault Cannon. Do not attempt to imitate what you see here in this advertisement with Cobra Assault Cannon. We are not liable for any injury, death, property damage or military intervention which occurs."
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 pm

*cuts to an image of a woman who looks suspiciously like Michelle Yeoh on the screen eating a piece of Chocolate Oreo pie. She looks at the camera, and for once, actually reads the news straight.*

Spoor Holdings Stock Sees Record Highs

Investors are afire after news today that Spoor Holdings Company has landed the deal of a lifetime--a contract to build at least 1,600 Pelicans for the International Fleet/Abh Empire, and likely many more. Although the exact nature of the order is as of yet classified, it is clear that the large order has been a boon to the company, whose quarterly earnings had been falling slightly behind Tyrol Industries' and HT Industries shares especially in the wake of HT Industries's successful sale of Frontierliners to Allanea.

In a statement to the public, Spoor Holdings had this to say.

"This significant purchase of assets is critical not only to the defense of the Empire and the International Fleet, but also to the security of the Republic as well. It also continues to keep jobs in the Republic and continues to uphold its fine tradition of armaments manufacturing, and we look forward to doing more business in the future."

As of recent time, the strong performance of Spoor Holdings stock boosted overall market performance, and analysts indicate it bodes well for Spoor in the future, especially as recent reports indicate a hiring boom by the Big Four member, particularly in its United Armscorp and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries divisions.

Famous Bakuran chef accused of tail pulling, gatas outraged

Famous Bakuran chef Morris Cundertol is heading to Federal Court today in Bakura in what has become an ugly legal battle. The chef, head of several five star restaurants in the Republic, including the recently revamped Tradewinds in Los Angeles, has launched a libel suit against a former sous chef, Maya Melinda-chibi, who claimed the chef "committed wanton acts of sexual harassment, included repeated tail-yankings in her recent book."

Speaking for the Chef, his attorney had this to say:

"I can't speak to the details of pending litigation, but I will say my client is innocent--and he did not yank that tail!"

Analysts expect a tough fight though, as noted civil litigator Kathleen Park of Park and Associates has entered the fray on Maya's behalf, vowing to "pursue the suit until it is done."

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 am

*cuts to an image of a woman who looks suspiciously like Michelle Yeoh on the screen eating a teramisu cake with Irish Coffee. She looks at the camera, and for once, actually reads the news straight.*

Cuntertol Trial Watch

In what is quickly escalating into a large scale legal fight, the Cundertol Trial has entered its second day, and already a complex web of legal matters has begun to occur.

--Legal analysts have noted the mass donation of millions of dollars to both parties' legal funds as well as volunteers in an unprecedented show of itnerest to the case. In particular, Mr. Cundertol's fund has recived millions of dollars from the Bakuran People's Party, the Church of the Cosmic Balance's Legal Action Fund, and the People United for Liberation out Loud, a heretofore unknown organization. In contrast, Ms. Melinda-chibi is reciving aid from the Citizens Raging Against Powermongers, the Commission Against Abuse of Tails, and the People United for Security, Safety and Yeomanry. The show of force is certainly unprecedented, and reportedly, Judge Nicholson is moving to limit the donations for fear of "tainting the damn case." Additionally, a unit of the Valkyrie Division has been assigned to the Courthouse.

--Prosecution witnesses are objecting to the introduction of the introduction of LAPD reports submitted into evidence, which the trial judge has authorized. The contents of the report allegedly corroborate the events in Melinda-chibi's book through accounts to several LAPD officers at the scene of the incident regarding the tail-pulling incident. In reply, the Prosecution is threatening to put on evidence of Ms. Melinda-chibi's past, especially testimony from past coworkers and lovers, regarding past claims.

Defense counsel Park had this to say:

"These police reports are admissible. I'm not going to give away everything. You'll see it at trial. But whatever opposing counsel has said is not the truth as the Republican Rules of Evidence will allow us to let in this evidence because this is a civil trial, and we are perfectly able to get Officers Palumbo, Donovan, Chaing and Testarossa to testify. Also, if Prosecution is going to do what I think it will do with the past there is something called Rule 412. My client's past is off limits and there is no need to bring in the Constitution here!"

Judge Nicholson has merely said, "It's a decision for the court, so don't pry."

*cuts back to Gracie*

"We now go to our sponsors."

Greater Maldrood
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Maldrood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

EMPIRE CONDEMNS GALACIAN GENOCIDE
THREATENS INTERVENTION

Centares--In a highly publicized press conference, Lord Regent Xandel Carivus announced that the Empire of Greater Maldrood was issuing a formal condemnation of the current government of the world of Gala. The condemnation comes in the midst of a brutal war being waged on that world between government forces and rural insurgents.

"Lord Protector Teradoc and Her Highness the Empress came to me and informed that Her Majesty's government had come to this decision," Carivus told assembled reporters. "Her Highness the Empress has become very distressed over the nature of the conflict on Gala, and I am here to denounce the actions of Governor Chandra and her government and to demand that conflict cease at once."

Klaus Chandra, the elected Governor of Gala, has been responsible for stepping up the military campaign against the so-called "hill people." These exiles have long resisted the central authority on Gala, but under Governor Chandra the military campaign has approached the level of genocide. Reports indicate that entire villages are being destroyed by air strikes as part of a "scorched-earth" campaign.

Many of the community of Galacian expatriates have come forward to join the government in their denunciation. "They're killing everyone," Evan Han, one of the refugees, told a HoloNet News reporter. "I implore Her Highness to please intervene and stop this murder of my people. If Greater Maldrood has any compassion at all then it must help us. With these madmen out of power we can finally go about rebuilding our nation as a land of justice and freedom."

However some elements in the Empire have resisted calls to military action. "They have as much right to their own internal politics as we do," spokesbeing Agnes Brown said in a press conference for the pro-isolationist Imperial Solidarity Organization. "While their actions may be deplorable by our standards, we can't intervene unless the legitimate government requests it. It's just an invitation to anarchy on an inter-galactic scale, and nobody wants that."

Hak Jorr is the HoloNet News correspondent assigned to the Maldrood sector.

OOC: Using this to set up a soon-to-exist RP

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:41 am

OOC: OG can be thanked for the genesis of the Number One spray concept. I just rolled with it.

IC:

*cuts to an image of a woman who looks suspiciously like Michelle Yeoh on the screen eating a Reuben sandwich with a Scorpion bowl. She looks at the camera, and for once, actually reads the news straight.*

Cuntertol Trial Watch

The Cundertol Libel Trial today has entered its sixth day, and with its sixth day brings all sorts of new controversies. We go live to Myrna Lee Maitwell, live at the courthouse. Myrna?"

*cuts to Myrna at the courthouse. In the background are crowds, both onlookers and protestors for both sides. Valkyrie Guards in RI State Police-style uniforms armed with Saiga-12K Shotguns and Godwyn-Deaz Bolters are standing behind police barriers along with Salis'daar police, watching for when people slip up. Snipers are on the roof, and these are also Valkyries.*

"Gracie, hello. Even though we are only on the sixth day of this libel trial, we have already seen enough legal maneuvering to last a lifetime. In a not unsurprising move, Ms. Melinda-chibi's attorney has launched her own countersuit against Cundertol."

*cuts back to Gracie*

"Can you tell us what is in it?"

*Myrna nods*

"Actually, yes, Gracie. I have here a copy of the complaint which alleges, among other things, malicious prosecution, tortious interference with contract, sexual harassment and civil rights claims, violation of the rules of civil procedure regarding proper research and what appears to be interference with the right to possess a firearm at work. This rather lengthy complaint has been leaked to the media--the LA Times recieved a copy along with us and other outlets in ND--and it seems fairly evident that given the fact we've also recieved no less than sixty different subpoenas

malicIn a move seen as a victory for the defense, Judge Nicholson has moved to keep out a significant portion of the controversial testimony regarding past claims made by Ms. Melinda-chibi against the plaintiff concerning 'tail pulling' and 'other forms of sexual harassment.' Most notably, the testimony of one Miss Yamada, not her real name, attested that the defendant had previously vowed to fake tail-pulling incidents in retaliation for a perceived slight, was rejected as being unnecessarily duplicative and "substantially and unfairly prejudicial" to the defendant. Speaking from the bench, the judge had this to say."

*cuts to Judge Nicholson facepalming, frustrated and clearly resisting the urge to reach for an M1 Carbine in the stand*

"Counsel, you mean to tell me that Exhibit G, the Yamada Deposition, is constitutionally necessary to your capacity to mount a--that's it. I'm keeping out Exhibits A-F, they're all duplicative. Only Exhibit G will be allowed. But only on the condition you strike out all the names and anything that would incriminate said individual, and leave out the reference to a certain incident in Las Vegas with Henrietta Collins at the Bellagio's cocktail lounge that resulted in a lifetime ban from the Bellagio."

*Counsel attempts to raise his hand again, and Judge Nicholson bangs his gavel*

"Hey, hey--enough. Okay? We have rape shield laws here for a reason. What the lady has done in the past involving her tail is none of this court's Goddamn business! Not get down before I have the bailiff lay you down!"

*Counsel sits down, chastened.*

*cuts back to Myrna*

"We can--"

*Horns honking in the distance. A giant SUV is trying to get through.*

"I'm sure that's nothing. Anyway, we can tell you that Mr. Cundertol has continued his fight, introducing evidence of a significant "golden handshake" given to Ms. Melinda-chibi and an altercation during said offer. We are--"

*The horns honk louder. Myrna turns, and then sees the crowds being herded into designated zones by the Valkyries and the Valkyries trying to steer the man carefully through, clearing a path for him. The man, impaitently, guns the engine, speeding through an empty space. In reply, people scatter and Myrna ducks to the side with her camera crew. Valkyries can be seen shouting on comms and ordering the man to stop, getting in front of him and throwing down an energy shield. The man hits the energy shield and bounces back a bit. The man gets out with a rifle and begins cussing at the Valkyries. He looks to be reaching into his car for a weapon. He is then silenced by a dramatic bolt of energy delivered in a top attack profile slamming into his back and terminating him in a dramatic plasma jet explosion. The people gasp, and the Valkyries deliver an all clear signal.*

"Ookay. We have just witnessed an apparent attempt to....well, I dunno what the man was trying to do but--"

*one of the Valkyries walks up to the cameras.*

"I'll take over from here ma'am. The individual was a man attempting to run our security barriers. We tried to peacefully let him through, but he refused to comply with Valkyrie personnel, so we had to begin containment procedures. He was armed and uncooperative, and likely attempting to storm the courthouse, judging by the documents inside. However, an investigation is ongoing, so please refrain from further questions, thank you."

*Myrna watches the woman walk off and begin cordoning off the truck with yellow police tape, and then looks at the camera with a nervous grin.*

"Our tax dollars at work. Anyway, the Cundertrol-Cundertol Trial rather, is turning into a major he-said-she-said, with evidence on both sides piling up. However, per an order limiting access to the Courtroom by Judge Nicholson by news reporters to the proceedings themselves and forbidding communications with counsel and parties, we may not know the full story. Gracie?"

*cuts back to Gracie, who is agape.*

"Right. Anyway. In other news, Dornalian forces have announced today that the Expeditionary Force in the Gamma Quadrant has attained its first major victory, capturing an enemy HVI and successfully aiding in the capture of the planet by Elemental forces. More after this."

*Cuts to a wimpy looking man buried upside down in the dirt*

"OOOooooooowww...."

*Cheesy VO*

"Tired of being this guy?"

*Cuts to a wife turning away from that man, sticking her tongue out.*

"Tired of not being able to give your lady the sweet lovin' she needs?"

*Cuts to that same man trying to defend himself from a mugger, only to be knocked down from a single blow.*

"Tired of being beaten up?"

*A man in a slick suit resembling a 1970s Blaxploitation hero taps him on the shoulder and helps him up. He hands him a small can that looks like nasal spray.*

"Then you need Number One. The one way to get more soul, for sure!"

*The weedy little man takes the spray and sprays it on himself, as a VO shows up*

"Simply spray Number One on yourself and perform vigorous exercise for five minutes a day, and you'll feel like a new man in weeks! The secret is our proprietary testosterone-nanotech spray that goes to work to give you a little more pep in your step and a little more 'Ooooh!' in your groove!"

*The man now looks like one of those dude from the muscle magazien covers.*

"Thanks, Number ONE!"

*The man walks up to the Mugger and punches a hole in his stomach. The man stares as the Number One User has literally cut a core into his stomach, and aghast. Then, with a "WATTTAAAA!" the Number One User kicks the Mugger's head off, and turns to the screen with a thumbs up!*

"Now, I don't have to be afraid anymore!"

*The User then ends up next to his wife, whose hair is very dissheveled and makeup smudged--it's fairly obvious, judging by her expression, what just happened. The User then smiles and holds up a sign thanking Number One for his newfound success.*

"Thanks, Number One!"

*The scene then cuts to the same spot where he was buried in the dirt, and he finds the guy who did it. He then grabs the guy, and power-bombshim into the dirt, then proceeding to punch him in the balls. He then is confronted by a couple of cops, whom he judo tosses into one another. As a general riot ensues, the man declares with pride:*

"Thanks, Number One!"

*VO appears*

"Warning--not actually guaranteed to improve performance in bed, or to cause rioting and righteous vengeance. Does cause aggression. Use as directed. Number One does not take responsibility for any and all civil and criminal liabilities that occur. Check local laws before use. Side effects include damage to sexual organs, muscles, vision, diabetes, and potential memory blackouts and death. Composition includes 40% testosterone, 20% nanotech solvent, 40% combat stimulants."
Last edited by New Dornalia on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 pm

*cuts to an image of a woman who looks suspiciously like Michelle Yeoh on the screen drinking a chocolate milkshake. She looks at the camera, and for once, actually reads the news straight.*

NORDAA Authorizes Five Year Orbital Defenses Refurbishment Plan

In a move which has many within the defense establishment singing the President's praises, but also questioning his financial judgment, the President signed off on the National Orbital Defenses Authorization Act, or NORDAA, which authorizes funding to renovate the country's orbital defenses and transfers them to a new command, DORCOM, or Dornalia Command, a subcommand within JRCCC.

"Frankly, our nation's orbital defenses, while solid, could always use some refurbishment. In many places, they have been allowed to stagnate and even be downsized, whilst newer technologies are available for protecting them. THis cannot go on," the President said, speaking from the groundbreaking ceremony for a new Planetary Shield Projector outside of Buenos Aires.

The plan calls for the immediate strengthening of orbital defenses in phases, with "Strategic Worlds" such as Earth and Bakura to be given the first sets of upgrades, which include refurbished missile and railcannon sattelites to defend against light craft, Sierra India projectors and sensor suites to protect against Empowered targets, and passive defenses such as point defense satellites and enhanced planetary shields to provide protection against enemy ordinance.

Critics however, question the need for such a system at the moment.

"For a guy who said he'd refocus government money to domestic projects, he's sure spending a lot more money on defense," said Senator Trent Dunlop (NA-Konoha). "The President might need to stop punching bears, and start remembering his campaign promises."

In related news, defense stocks have risen again due to the news.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:52 pm

Nivensky-Ringworld Foundation Reports the arrival of the SS Lord Humongous

Allanea's Nivensky-Ringworld Foundation, famous for its single-handedly overseeing Allanea's privately-funded Great Migration effort, has announced in a press-conference today, the arrival of one of its largest ships, the SS Lord Humongous to be Allanea's frontier outpost in this galaxy. The Lord Humongous is an immense craft manufactured for the Foundation by Sanctuary Fleet Yards.

As of this moment, it has finally completed its intergalactic journey, carrying four million settlers in stasis-coffins, as well as equipment and housing products for Aiquin. Official representatives of the Nivensky-Ringworld Foundation believe this to be only the first wave of colonists. Harald Benson, Public Relations representative for the Great Migration said, in part: “We are confident in our efforts and have the full intent to settle this world to a capacity of one hundred million settlers.”

No announcements have been made so far about Aiquin's precise arrangements in terms of self-rule. It is believed likely that a temporary administration of NRF appointees will be appointed until the world has 'settled in' into a semblance of a stable population, capable of making its own arrangements and accommodating regular self-rule.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has refused to comment on potential impact this new colony effort may have on relations with Allanea's key allies. The only statement from Mr. Maverick Monningham was: “We believe at this stage it is simply too early to make comments on anything like that. Come back to us in a month.”
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

New Terminus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Terminus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:14 am

Several Systems in Terminus Sector green lighted for colonisation

Two years ago several previously unexplored systems on the Edge of the Terminus Sector where opened up for exploration and survey missions, Since the completion of the survey missions earlier this galactic cycle the Department for Commerce and Economics Councilwoman Natasha York recently pushed through a bill opening up the new systems for colonisation. Three are said to move onto the auction table in the next few months whilst another two are set to go onto the table later this year.

Opening bids will be restricted to Conglomerate space registered organisations and companies but will open up to international companies and organisations soon after. The Initial reports are due to be released within the next coming weeks, and we are awaiting with abated breath on what our would be explorers found.
Terminus Factbook - FT

Puppet of: Arch Islands for use in SWG Galaxy

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Innovative Reactors Brought Online In Orbit of Alquin

Kazansky Heavy Industries Corporaion, an industrial consortium owned by the King of Allanea, has announced today it will be deploying a power station housing several of the innovative, exprimental M-reactors in orbit of Alquin’s sun. It is as of yet unknown what exactly the reactors will be supplying the energy for, or whether they are merely experimental machinery.

President Blaken-Kazansky I, had commented on the isssue: “This is less of a for-profit venture for me at the moment, and more of an attempt to assist in the developement of new technology that will aid Allanea in the troubles I foresse are to come. And yes, troubles are coming. Get ready.”

It is uncertain, as of press time, what the President of Allanea had meant by this utterance, but the reactors will be ready and arriving next month.
Last edited by Allanea on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:09 am

Tragedy Strikes Twice!
23rd of the Fifth Month, Taungsday | Lyrax Pentigure

In the wake of the tragedy that struck the Thrashian Empire on their capitol world of Bastion [see article here], the foul fiends of Chaos -- as we now know who is responsible -- have struck at the very heart of the galaxy at this writer's very own homeworld of Coruscant. In a surprise attack that was unwarranted and without cause, Chaos ships infiltrated the Coruscant system and released a series of orbit-to-earth drop pods that contained what can only be described as extra-dimensional beings that enacted pure destructive murder upon all innocent and free citizens of Coruscant that they happened upon. In the opening salvo of this attack, such a pod even fell into the heart of the Galactic Conclave Grand Hall. Evidence of what happened within the Grand Hall is largely collected only from digital feeds from holonet news stations such as our own who had holodroids in the room at the time. All physical evidence was destroyed.

Destroyed how, you ask? By the insipid and malign International Fleet. Supposedly acting in the best interests of all free-loving beings, the International Fleet instituted an orbital bombardment upon the planet of Coruscant in order to "wipe out the Chaos threat before it could grow." The International Fleet commander on location was not available to speak with us but our management team is even now reaching out to get a statement from the Corellian government and elsewhere. Because we, the citizens of Coruscant, deserve an answer. We deserve to know why the commander of the International Fleet at the time thought it necessary to bombard an innocent planet in order to kill what Commander Tycho, commander of the Galactic Conclave Guard, reported to be only a small force of Chaos daemons. Answers! We want them and we sure as Sith are going to get them.

The aforementioned bombardment destroyed the Galactic Conclave Grand Hall building, putting a 50,000 square kilometer hole into the metal crust of Coruscant that reached all the way to the old girl's planetary surface. It's estimated by our Holonet Business Bureau that the damage could cost as high as two-hundred and fifty billion credits to repair. The shock wave from the bombardment also caused hundreds of neighboring districts to experience tremors and the collapse of major towers and buildings. The death toll is still being calculated by the G.C. Medical Bureau, but the latest puts the total at 10,450,600 Coruscanti and intergalactic beings dead. Over five million are injured, with just under a million in critical condition. Medical facilities, both private and public, are overflowing by the sudden influx and reports of riots in those areas where medical care isn't being provided in an efficient manner (according to the rioters) is causing even more delays. A special convoy from Thyferra is reported to be arriving in the next two days, according to a press release from Acting Governor-General Tycho, to help increase treatment for the injured.

In other news, the rumors flying around faster than pod racers is that Coruscant will be facing a dangerous food shortage! Lies! No worries here folks. Though the prices of many items has gone through the atmosphere and many banking institutions have collapsed in the economic troubles that are echoing out from the Massacre, food has been given top priority by Acting Governor-General Tycho. "I can assure you and all the citizens of Coruscant that there are no foot shortages and that none will develop," Tycho is quoted as announcing to a group of journos at the north district Galactic Conclave Guard precinct that the governor-general has been using as his headquarters.

Galactic Economy Tanks
23rd of the Fifth Month, Taungsday | Kos, Vice Chairman of Galactic Accounts

Whether we knew it would happen or not, the dissolution of the Galactic Conclave is having a giant impact upon the galactic economy. As of yesterday, according to our assistants at the Intergalactic Currency Exchange System (ICES), the Galactic Credit Standard (GCS) has gone into what some economists are calling "hypertravel depression." The credit has gone into a state of depression that has caused prices to jump to astronomical proportions. A standard meal at your average tap cafe now costs you 200 credits as opposed to the 5 credits it use to -- to explain in layman's terms. That is an increase of over 3,900%! On Coruscant alone over three hundred banking institutions have been forced to shut down due to having their assets liquidated by a scared populace or not being able to cover their basic covering costs.

Most companies that had strong liquid assets on the Coruscant Galactic Exchange Market have lost most or all of their assets. Real assets have been retained, but with prices fluctuating from minute to minute the demand for any material beyond the very basics has caused a giant sink in market demand. Such corporations as Kuat Drive Yards have made predictions for the upcoming quarterly report, that their net losses could be as high as 20 to 30%. Rumors out of Bastion and Kuat report that the Thrashian Empire and other conglomerates are working to stabilize the situation, but for now the economies of every major world from the Inner Core to the Mid Rim are looking to be shaking, if not falling. Precious metals and "hard currencies" have become legal tender under the rules hammered out by Governor-General Tycho as of twenty hours ago, but with the market still in shambles the actual price will have to depend on each individual beings bargaining skills.

More on Galactic Economics at six.
Last edited by Thrashia on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:46 pm

"Hero of the Conclave" Confirmed Dead

Today the Coruscant Security Forces announced confirmation of the death of Matai Lan, one of several Jedi Knights who combated invading forces on the floor of the Galactic Conclave building live on the holonet last week. The Jedi gained some noteriety for immediately attacking the intruders, allowing several delegations to escape.

While Dornalian and other allied forces evacuated the Conclave grounds, it is believed that Matai Lan and some elements of other security forces remained on site to contain the enemy forces landing in the Conclave hall. It is believed that they were withdrawing when the International Fleet orbital strike levelled the area.

He is survived by his sister Selria Lan, Compact Ambassador to the Conclave, who could not be reached for comment. Grand Jedi Master Yoda however, was available. "Represent the finest traditions of the Jedi, this action does. Ever mindful of his duty, Jedi Lan was, sorely missed, will he be. A hero, like all those who have died fighting this menace, he was. Forgotten, they will not be."
Last edited by The Ctan on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Official Press Release from the United States of Allanea:

Given the current crisis in this galaxy, the ongoing Greater Prussian Civil War back in the Milky Way Galaxy, the ongoing chilled relations between Allanea and Menelmacar, the ongoing threat to the multiverse from slaver states, the ongoing threat to the multiverse posed by various radical elements, the United States of Allanea wishes to appeal to the states of this galaxy as well as anyone else who can receive our message:

We require a small arm – in a 'compact longarm' form factor – capable of engaging, and inflicting one-shot stops with a 'torso' hits on the following targets at a minimum: 'Chaos Space Marines', 'Calivanthian Clockworks', 'Space Marines', et cetera. The small arm in question should be simple to utilize and reload, and capable of being stored in large amounts for an extended period of time.

In addition, a 'heavier' version of the same longarm (in a 'support weapon' form factor) – capable of engaging armored vehicles of the same technology base (testing will be conducted with slates of Ceramite armor of various thickness) – should be produced.

Finally, a shoulder-launched, single-use anti-vehicle guided munition, capable of defeating the armor of heavy vehicles should be produced and delivered.

It is true that the United States of Allanea possesses weapons that fit all three of those requirements. However these are intended for use by our own armed forces, such as the Mark 6 Plasma Rifle.

What is required now is a relatively cheap (per-unit) set of arms. This is intended ot be delivered to resisting populations in occupied area, in Chaos-overrun areas, in slaver-dominated areas, etc., for the purpose of destabilization and guerilla violence.

We also request innovative delivery means, designed to deliver those weapons behind Chaos (and other) lines.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Menelmacar
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 18, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Menelmacar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:23 pm

As Economy Contracts, Menelmacari Coalition Grows

AARGAU -- With the increased pressure on the galactic economy, planetary leaders here on Aargau are among many on independent worlds across the galaxy that have responded well to Menelmacari diplomatic overtures. The extragalactic Menelmacari have embarked on widespread diplomatic contacts to non-aligned worlds in the wake of the Galactic Conclave's destruction, touting their economic and political stability and previous expertise in fighting the Chaos threat.

"We have always been a part of the Intergalactic Banking Clan," noted Travis Danigo, Vice-President of Relations for the Bank of Aargau, in a brief interview yesterday. "Now that it has the backing of these Menelmacari it seemed to the board that the best option for our shareholders and customers is to continue and strengthen that relationship. We understand they will be sending ships soon."

We were able to speak to Governor Beltane of Balmorra, whose planet also agreed to the Menelmacari initiative. He had this to say. "I was scheduled for a conference on Coruscant when Chaos attacked. If I had not had to cancel, I would have been killed on Coruscant along with thousands of other delegates and millions of people. The threat of Chaos is a clear and present danger and order must be kept in the galaxy. Balmorra needs strong protection and the Menelmacari can provide it."

Extensive Menelmacari diplomatic activity has also been reported in the Darpa Sector, where Ralltiir and Rhinnal have signed agreements and Esseles is considering. Additional systems that are reported to have come to terms with Menelmacar include Scipio, Iotra, and Niro, citing long-time IGBC membership and ties, Belsavis and Manaan, citing promises of trade and redevelopment, and Anaxes, Alsakan, and Axum, all citing concerns for their security due to proximity to Coruscant and the Chaos threat.

Talks are reportedly also continuing in the Empress Teta system in the Deep Core, and a number of other worlds. The diplomatic initiative is a strong second wave and widely caught observers off guard as the Menelmacari had seemed content to consolidate their hold on Denon, Rendili, Muunilinst, and the Corporate Sector since their arrival in the galaxy almost two years ago, though as yet it's unclear what their larger plans may be.

OOC: I don't want to step on anyone's toes, and this is a diplomatic rather than military campaign, so if anyone has a claim I've somehow missed let me know and I'll edit this accordingly.
Last edited by Menelmacar on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"The elves will do what is right, not what is on paper." ~Sunset
"We can't go around supporting The Good Of All Things. People might mistake us for Menelmacar." ~Education Minister Lobon of Kn-Yan
"Do you realize you're trying to sell resources to Menelmafuckingcar? Their resource base is larger than Melkor's ego." ~Advisor Julius Razak, Foot-to-Ass Section, Scolopendra
"I started on NS at a time when elf genocides were daily occurrences from week old nations wanting to get ortilleried by Menelmacar." ~Resurgent Dream
"Nothing here but rich-ass elves. Just...running the world. And shopping." ~Officer Daryl Ward, LAPD

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:06 pm

*Gracie Liang shows up, stoic, and straight*

Dornalian Markets Feeling the Heat

Reacting to the ongoing emergency on Coruscant, markets all over the Republic ended trading today on a low note in what analysts have dubbed "a stunning fall," with investors clearly worried over the state of affairs in the SWG.

"It's fairly obvious. With one of the key economic and political hubs of the SWG torn apart by the Ruinous Powers, investors are more than a little skeptical about investing in the SWG," said Republican Business Daily analyst Mark Gorman. "You're seeing a major economic crisis unfolding in the wealthier, developed sectors, particularly in the currency markets. Given the reports about inflation unseen since the era of Weimar Germany, we could be in for quite a ride."

However, Gorman echoes the sentiments of other analysts in saying all is not in fact doom and gloom.

"Fortunately, most Dornalian territories are located in the Outer Rim, which really cuts down on how bad it could have been," Gorman said. "If anything, the credit crunch isn't as bad because people out in the Outer Rim never really trusted credits, and those in the Outer Rim haven't been directly impacted severely, per se. But to cut down the irrational exuberance, we're admittedly going to be feeling some ripple effects at least from these events for some time."

Despite such admonitions, there is some concern for the future. Already, Bakurans were seen exchanging credits for currencies amiliar to many Dornalians--US Dollars and gold of all sorts. Said one Bakuran, waving a stack of newly exchanged greenbacks and bearing a prominent Celestial Balance pin on his lapels, "Some world we live in! Got by with using credits for a while, but I guess I'm on the Dornie Dollar like my neighbors."

Congress Enters Emergency Session

Taking action in the wake of the Crisis, Congress has entered an emergency session to discuss plans to provide aid and relief to Coruscant, based on reports from Dornalian personnel, as well as how to respond to the growing insurgency by the Ruinous Powers. We'll keep you updated as news happens.

Dornalian Forces Move Reinforcements to Bakura, elsewhere

Reacting to recent events, Dornalian Armed Forces have deployed "several additional squadrons of ships" to Bakura and Simpsongrad (formerly known as Lwhekk). In an official statement today, JRCCC said simply, "In response to the war over Coruscant and the ongoing attempts by the Ruinous Powers to consume the SWG, we intend to dispatch additional elements of the Republican Armed Forces to ensure the security of Dornalian possessions, and to aid allied forces when the need arises." No word on the exact numbers of ships deployed, although sources list them as a vaguely unhelpful "several squadrons worth."

Rumors about "civilian contractors" following the vessels were shot down by JRCCC, saying, "So what? We use civilian contractors all the time." JRCCC and Secretary of State Simons did however, confirm that the High Commissioner of Bakura as well as personnel from the State Department, had begun to travel to nearby Outer Rim worlds for "fact-finding purposes."

Cloud City 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Even amidst destruction, there is growth, they say, and in the orbit of Endor's gas giant, we're seeing development of a fabulous kind. According to the Ming Pao news out of Hong Kong, the China Galactic Resource Extraction Corporation has won a bid to build what is being jokingly dubbed "Cloud City 2: Electric Boogaloo." Designed to house tibanna gas miners and their families, the development is the product of a landmark deal involving the world of Endor with the Huntarian Government, involving a system of joint control over the area.

Speaking proudly from his office, Henry Mok, head of the project, spoke glowingly of the prospects of "Cloud City 2," officially known as "New Macau."

"Tibanna gas is in great demand for a great many things. Let us be clear. The gas mining faciltiies and refineries at New Macau will produce much prosperity for the Huntarian Empire and the Republic at large. The universe shall benefit from the wealth of riches, untapped from Endor's gas giant. For too many years, no one has used it. We feel honored to be the first."

On the subject of the nickname, Mok was less pleased.

"I do not know what this 'electric boogaloo' is! It is New Macau!"

The man who negotiated the agreement, Kaspar Hekmatyar, issued this statement.

"On behalf of HCLI, let me say that this deal is a good deal for the company and the Republic at large. Not only do we ensure future prosperity with the Huntarian Empire, but we also have done so while staying true to our basic corporate values. After all, we may be one of the few megacorps to hire Ewoks on a wage-paying basis. At the very least, we did help save them from genocide, which counts for something."

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 pm

“Greetings, this is Stacy Warner, coming to you live from the Palace at Alder, where we are expecting Prince Henry Thul of House Thul is about to make his speech.” Stacy said as the Camera focused on her. Thin facial features were covered in porcelain white skin, with only her long blond hair gently blowing against her right cheek, on the beautiful day.

Celebrations could be heard behind her, as several youth jumped up and down, excited by the prospect that their image would be broadcast across the Congress and galaxy as a whole.

“As we all know.” Stacy began to report, although it wasn’t much of a report, it was more of filling time until the Prince apparent came out to the podium and began to speak. House Thul took power in the year 3643 BGC, after a bloody civil war here on Alderaan. As many of you know, the bloody war between House Organa, House Thul, and House Ulgo, began as no clear successor to the throne could be found. The war was horrible, but during the time, the Congress came to House Thul, and offered them the Death Mark. It was with this technology that House Thul was able to take out the leadership in House Organa and….

The sound of Alderaan’s national anthem began to play, as the camera panned out to the white walls of the castle. Slowly the wooden doors of the palace opened, and twelve Dark Troopers, came out in ceremonial parade, each of them holding a large Plasma launcher gently held at an angle across their chest at a forty five degree angle.

The sun seemed to diminish in their presence, as glimmer or reflection from the sun over head came from the 2.3 meter tall monstrosities. Two by Two they walked our across the Blue and grey platform, only to peel to the left or right until they stood across the entire stage. Only two feet were between each of them, and it was just enough space to see the beautiful flowers and décor of the castle behind them.

A feint blue light was erected for a moment, but then it turned clear, as the bass of the final moments arrived. Prince Thul, Walked out, his suit, made of the finest materials on Alderaan, as he walked alone down the long pathway. As his final step touched the podium, a squadron of CF-01’s, the latest fighters in the Congress flew over head, in a diamond formation.

His strong hands touched the Endorian Woodian podium as he looked out across the audience. “The people of Alderaan, the worlds of the Starway’s Congress, and to Humanity as a whole, today is a joyous day, a day where Humanity came together and in one moment showed the Galaxy that no force could prevail against us!” he said, as claps and cheers erupted from the audience.

“Since the Burning of Bastion, and the deaths of my dear friends, Admiral Daala and Regent Kaine, the Starways Congress, and Alderaan have worked closely with the non-represented humans of the Thrashian Empire, in an effort to thwart the advance of the till recently, unknown enemy.”

“At Bastion, the International Fleet, in a conjoined effort with the Farstars Republic helped to defend Bastion against the element of Chaos. It is unfortunate that we only had one Nova Cruiser in the area, but that one cruiser scored a kill against one of the chaos fleet.”

“In a testament of our love of humanity, we aided the Thrashians with intelligence, and the Hapes Cluster lost one of the dearest princess that I’ve ever known, Allana D’jo. Our hearts and minds go out to the Queen Mother, as she and her family are grieving the loss of one of their own.”

“Tragedy struck again, as the home of the Conclave was struck with the same merciless attacks that befell Bastion. Chaos troops swarmed the planet, and from the intelligence reports that our brothers in humanity, the Dornies have reported, ‘Mountains of Daemons’ swarmed the capitol. It was in this moment, that the galaxy showed it’s true colors. Humanity, Corellians, Alderaanians, Dathomiri, Hapians, Bastion, Huntarians, and Dornies forged in the bonds of blood, and through shared purpose sought to defend the capitol. The Dornies outmanned, but never outgunned, defended Coruscant with the greatest fury known in humanity, and the deepest passions of all of us.”

“Though their supplies and resources were limited and their men and women exhausted, the Dornies strove to save as many delegates as they could from the burning house of the Conclave. The Thrashians having only one warship over Coruscant, headed into battle against three chaos warships, and fought strongly and bravely against our common enemy.”

“And where were the Raman? Where were the Rimkin that also had a stake in the safety of the planet? They were nowhere to be found!” he yelled, too boos from the audience. “The alien, who have just as much at stake in the fate of Coruscant, in the fate of the galaxy, hid behind Humanity, as they always have!”

“The combined international Fleet, with Huntarians, and Thrashians fought valiantly against the enemy, and we mourn the loss of all those who died at the battle of Coruscant. However, the Thrashians it would seem since the loss of Regent Kaine, are now under the rule of the Raman Thrawn, and like all Raman seek to divide and weaken humanity.”

“His government and his people have called the heroic actions of the International and Huntarian Fleet’s malicious. It was nothing of the sort. Here is a clip from their news media today.”

Thrashia wrote: The death toll is still being calculated by the G.C. Medical Bureau, but the latest puts the total at 10,450,600 Coruscanti and intergalactic beings dead. Over five million are injured, with just under a million in critical condition.

He looked into the camera with a somber face. “The death of every human and civilian raman on that world was regrettable, but that isn’t a point to damn the international fleet’s action’s, it’s a testament of just how precise our weapons are. Corscant is a planet packed with three trillion people. Over ten million people live in a single apartment building, from the planet’s surface to the top of the tower.”

“Innocent’s die in war, it’s a great evil, but instead of damning us, they should be celebrating our actions. How many more Coruscanti would have died had we done nothing? How many more would continue to live in shackled and in slavery, as chaos burned away at our souls? It was the Huntarians that wanted to save our knowledge, when they downloaded the library of the Jedi, not for their own selfish intents, but instead so that knowledge wouldn’t be lost when the Jedi left.”

“It was the Alderaanians that wished the Jedi to live, when their temple became soaked in radiation, so we moved the young and the untrained to a world of peace, Tython. It was we who stood the line while the aliens sat back and watched Coruscant burn!”

“The Dornies were also the heroes, as they sheltered civilians, and took in delegates while their troops faced peril.”

“So to all those condemning the international fleet, and the actions of the battle, remember how much worse it could have been. Had Chaos been allowed to fester, we would have been forced to destroy Coruscant. Our early actions however painful in dealing with this threat to humanity, were a small price to pay if we allowed chaos to continue. If we waited till we reached the ground, it would have grown, and many more would have died. If the planet would have fallen, then the International Fleet would have had no choice but to erase Coruscant from the galactic map, or move it into it’s own sun!”

“The Raman Thrawn should remember this. As of the press conference today, the Farstars Republic has left the Galactic Conclave, and the Thrashians have declared the Conclave dissolved. What hubris is it of the alien Thrawn to tell us, the galactic community that our organization is dissolved? This is a dangerous level of arrogance that the rimkin undertake, and one that Humanity rejects!”

“The Conclave is not a puppet government for the Thrashians to dictate what happens with the rest of our nations! It is not theirs to declare dissolved! It is ours, we the citizens of the galaxy! I have just met with the Empress of Huntaria, Eve Agathon, and over holo coms, the president of the Colonial Republic of Earth. We unanimously reject the Thrashian Empire’s attempt to dissolve our galactic unity, and maintain the unity that the Conclave provides.”

“After many hours of rigorous and tireless negations with the Huntarians, and a call to Los Angeles, we say with one voice, that the Conclave is not dead. We say with one voice, that the Conclave hall shall be rebuilt. I am now at liberty to say, that the Dornies, Huntarians, and Congressionals as a whole are working on rebuilding the Conclave Hall, not on the world that has proven to weak to defend itself, but on a new world, a world of steel and iron that will be well protected from the aliens that threaten it, and from the Chaos that tries to destroy it.”

“For those of you who wish to leave the protection of what was once the Conclave, I will say that we are sorry to see you go. For those of you with the fortitude to stick through this dark time, to strike out against the night, and to burn those who wish to harm you, then we say with one voice, we are glad you are with us.”

“We are saddened by the loss of the Farstars, but the people of Alderaan and the Congress will continue to work with them, though alliance and treaty, with blood and steel, to defend our homes, and our liberty, and if they wish to rejoin us, then they will always be welcome.”

“With this recommitment to the peace, and with so many systems leaving, we those who decided to remain have decided to rename the Conclave, the Galactic Imperium. Know that Humanity will always defend the Core, the Deep Core and the Colonies, against all who would strike out against humanity, and defend the liberty of each world to rule themselves as they see fit. To any alien or rimkin who would be a threat to this organization, let it be known that humanity will not hold any option back to defend it’s right to survive in the stars. May the goddess shine on all of us, and may the Force be with us!”

As the speech ended, Stacy looked into the camera. “You heard it here first. Stay tuned for more developments.”
Last edited by Orthodox Gnosticism on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Menelmacar
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 18, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Menelmacar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:40 am

“Good evening, Skyriver Galaxy! I’m Anwatercánis nos Finarfin, and I’m here on Ran-Satir in the Corporate Sector, with Viceprex Rallia Madril, from the Corporate Sector Authority, to discuss the CSA’s new homesteading program, the Tingel Arm Homestead and Progress Initiative. Viceprex Madril, what can you tell us about the initiative, and what it offers?”

Rallia was a human woman with a kind of perfect complexion that seemed to require a degree of cosmetic work, sat against the background of a broad valley filled with organized ranks of vines extending as far as the eye could see, “Thank you Anwatercánis,” she said, having rehearsed the name, “I’d be pleased to. As you know, the Corporate Sector Authority is one of the fastest developing areas of the galaxy, especially in the last two years, and with recent expansion has come a whole host of new opportunities for everyone in the Sector,” she said. “Essentially, there are more than a hundred worlds within the sector colonized so far, most of them pristine and full of development opportunities, like Ban-Satir here,” she said, waving back as she turned a little in her chair.

Anwatercánis was herself quite lovely, one of the Menelmacari elves, golden-haired and wearing fine robes of green and gold. “I’ve had some time to look around Ban-Satir in my time here, it truly is a beautiful world. I also understand there’s been significant unrest around the galaxy. What does the CSA offer to those who might be fleeing the recent trouble in the Core?”

“Perhaps the most important thing is that we have a relatively low cost of entry; abundant employment opportunities and low cost of living, at wages twenty percent above the galactic average mean that opportunity is just a step away,” Rallia said with a smile, “but for those who more concerned about security, we have the best security measures available, naturally with Menelmacari assistance we have taken measures to identify and counter infiltration by the same cults that recently rose up on Coruscant and Bastion.”

Chaos Cultist Arrests
The camera briefly cut to a series of clips of Corporate Sector Authority Security Police arresting a whole variety of robe-wearing men and women, some of whom wore icons and symbols that had been pixellated, as AT-ST like vehicles,. Espo Walker 91s, smaller and equipped with transparisteel canopies that suggested they were not true military vehices, towered above cultists being loaded into a jail-speeder. The image cut back to a smiling Rallia who laughed, “They will get all the treatment they need, and those who’ve been involved in murder and other crimes will get what’s coming to them of course. The authority is committed to safety and justice.”

Anwatercánis nodded, “There has been significant improvements in recent years in the CSA’s defenses, how have the Menelmacari helped in that regard, and have they been able to provide significant support in combating the Chaos threat?”

“Obviously I’m not privy to all of the details, not actually working in police services, but we have been able to make significant upgrades to early warning systems, planetary shields, and of course, military systems,” she said, “Beyond that of course, a Menelmacari military presence exists at Lythos capable of responding to any emergency. Of course, with the expansion of military production a whole variety of shipyards have been established in recent years, which naturally provide other opportunities for anyone with the right skills; Rendili Star Destroyers are of course, being produced in the Sector too, and I don’t think anyone will object if I let our audience know that these ships are going to be offered to galactic governments at a discount in this crisis, though naturally, our wage commitments will remain at their current high level.”

“That’s actually what I was going to go into next,” smiled the elf, “Obviously such facilities would be in need of engineers and machinists; with the ongoing expansion of the CSA’s industries and agriculture, for the benefit of our audience, what other fields and professions are particularly in need here?”

“Ultimately, anyone who can hold a job can find one as cities expand, we need more bricklayers, more droid technicians, more town planners and more barkeeps,” Rallia said, reaching down to the table and taking a sip of the white wine from the vineyards beyond, “I mean, someone has to sell all this,” she said with a smile.

“True enough,” Anwatercánis answered with a chuckle, “That seems to be quite a wide net, and there should be trillions of people who can find better lives here. What’s generally the procedure for immigrating to the CSA?”

“The easiest way is to simply arrive at a spaceport, fill in an entry visa, and provided you’ve no outstanding arrest warrants, there you are. Naturally you can of course speak to any number of travel agencies for a better planned trip, and the holonet link for visa and residence applications should be coming up, ah, there it is now.”

Anwatercánis faced the camera, “For all of you watching at home, the link should be on your screens now, you can follow it to download the applications at your convenience.”

Rallia looked out at the fields tended by binary vinecutters, “Of course,” she said, “the Corporate Sector has had its reputation problems in some quarters in the past; which is why the Intergalactic Banking Clan reform has been so important in speeding up development; the more fair competition the better, within the overall mandate of the Sector Authority at least.”

The elf nodded at this, “What can you tell us about the reforms that were put in place?”

“Well for one thing it’s much easier to have limited liability in enterprise in the Sector now, and improved bankruptcy processes allow people the chance to try and realize their dreams without worrying about paying for a single mistake forever. Likewise we have tax breaks for new startups and various advantage programs to make new immigrants’ lives easier.”

“That’s excellent news,” Anwatercánis answered, “and certainly welcome to anyone who might have otherwise been deterred by problems now in the past.” She looked into the camera. “That’s all the time we have for today, remember, visa applications can be downloaded at your leisure and apply not only to the Corporate Sector but across the Menelmacari worlds for your travel convenience. We’ll be putting the link back up after this and periodically throughout the evening. After the commercial break we’ll be speaking with an Alsakani representative for updates on the Chaos threat in the Core, and looking at economic fallout of the Conclave collapse. More after the break!”

OOC: Co-written with C'tan, who RPed Rallia.
Last edited by Menelmacar on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
"The elves will do what is right, not what is on paper." ~Sunset
"We can't go around supporting The Good Of All Things. People might mistake us for Menelmacar." ~Education Minister Lobon of Kn-Yan
"Do you realize you're trying to sell resources to Menelmafuckingcar? Their resource base is larger than Melkor's ego." ~Advisor Julius Razak, Foot-to-Ass Section, Scolopendra
"I started on NS at a time when elf genocides were daily occurrences from week old nations wanting to get ortilleried by Menelmacar." ~Resurgent Dream
"Nothing here but rich-ass elves. Just...running the world. And shopping." ~Officer Daryl Ward, LAPD

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Postby New Dornalia » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 pm

*Gracie Liang shows up, stoic, and straight*

Rumors of Crystals send Tadanobu Security Services, Inc. stock rising

Amidst the economic troubles in the Core and ongoing insurgency conducted by the Ruinous Powers, there is one bright spot on the Economic News blotter. According to undisclosed sources, Tadanobu Security Services, Ltd. has discovered a previously untapped source of crystals used for the production of lightsabers. The sources claim that TSS personnel found the crystals, the purest and most conductive crystals known according to the Order's Mastersmiths, while constructing a combined spiritual retreat and headquarters to be managed by TSS on the world of Ilum. The exact amount is unknown at this time, but given what has been found so far, the source claims that, "In all my years as a Mastersmith, I've never seen so many of the things. It's like I'm some Saudi Oil Kingpin! BUT FOR [expletive deleted] LIGHTSABER CRYSTALS! WHOO!" The source then performed an impromptu polar bear swim, which lead to treatment for frostbite and multiple injuries.

TSS has not officially commented on the reports, merely noting that "Any rumors of a 'Mother Lode' are speculative at this time, but we'd like it to be true."

Stocks for TSS have risen to new highs, and the optimism has lead to a small boost on overall trading. Rumors of visits by foreign investors have also not been confirmed by the company, which has merely said, "We wouldn't tell you if we had any."
Last edited by New Dornalia on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Scrivinir Alsard Urist
Scrivinir Champions Conclave, Challenges Chaos

Today Scrivinir Urist spoke up on Erilnar regarding recent territorial acquisitions of many states, even as the Intergalactic Banking Clan and Mining Guild petitioned the Conclave and Menelmacari Skyriver territories to admit the Aeten and Sarapin systems as joint-protectorates ostensibly to preserve and secure these economically vital worlds, and preserve falling currency values in the Core.

“We must put an end to the drastic redrawing of the map caused by the chaos interlopers. They will learn that they cannot simply cow us with a few bloody tricks and a pack of ravening sword wielding maniacs. For twenty five thousand years has the Conclave endured, through the depredations of the most deranged Sith lords and the wars of a hundred madmen, traitors and rebels. Fear because they are unexpected is what they want us to feel.

“I do not feel fear because of the Word Bearers. I know of them. I have read their secret histories! I have heard their secrets and I am not afraid. For ten thousand years, less for many of them, these fools have worshipped gods in the hope of accomplishing something of consequence. They have nothing to show for their efforts but corpses and despair.

“They are the scions of a man called Lorgar, a savage who believed his father was a god until redressed, and then went crying to seek something new to worship, who then spent the rest of his existence in seclusion, writing a supposed book to explain their idiot creed! I have never heard of would-be conquers with such a pathetic history; the Word Bearers want to bear the word of their gods to us, because they are too defective to stand on their own feet and need something to worship.

“Let me be clear, Word Bearers, for I know you are watching this. You can worship my arse. I will forgive your idiocy, if you but kneel and do obeisance to my buttocks. Bear my word, and at least you will not be hunted renegades for the next ten thousand years. I will offer amnesty to any Word Bearer who does this.

“Those who are afraid of this menace, banish fear, look at them; they hurt Bastion sore, in a coward’s attack, a terrorist act, and they caught the Conclave by surprise. But they were defeated each time, and driven away. Yes, many were lost; all of them were lost, or fled. This is not a conquering army, it is a deranged bunch of religious loons with delusions of grandeur.

“To those governments who feel fear, or who believe that the Conclave has failed them, I say only this. This invasion – no, this streak of atrocious murder – will be brought to heel, it will be run down and these criminals will be killed or captured, put on trial, and convicted.

“And to those who have withdrawn from the Galactic Conclave, or who have declared successors to it, we can only say that our support is with all the people of this galaxy, all of you are our brothers, but we will not accept any dissolution of Our Conclave without the democratic process being followed, nor will we join any successor without firm assurances that it stands for galactic prosperity, peace and progress for all the peoples of this galaxy.

“We support a rebuilding of the Conclave building, as-was, on Coruscant, for all. Those who were lost demand nothing less than that we continue what they stood for.

“To those who see expansion as their only protection in this environment, I can only say that you grossly overestimate the threat these bandits pose, and that when these criminals are convicted, what now seems an necessary and welcome expansion will prove a costly overexertion and expenditure.

“And to chaos, once more, I say; ‘I am Scrivinir Urist, and I am not scared of you savages.’”
Last edited by The Ctan on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:52 am

Tod Tucker

Surprise Political Bombshell on Alderaan!

"Greetings and good evening again, gentlebeings, I am your host, Tod Tucker, the head news-anchor for the Coruscant-based headquarters of HoloNet News! The only place where you can learn about the great events happening all around the galaxy. We have an exciting story coming out of Alderaan tonight. In what can be called a complete surprise move by the Huntaerian and announced by Prince Henry Thul of Alderaan. Prince Henry Thul signed a treaty, followed by the Empress of Huntaria. This treaty was also recognized by the President of the Colonial Republic of Earth, President Haggar.

"This treaty has created what its signatories are calling the 'Galactic Imperium.' Though it has not signed, reports indicate that this Imperium has the support of the FarStars Confederacy as well and it's efforts towards a "Project New Coruscant" which is suppose to be under taken at the next possible point by the newly founded Galactic Imperium. Questions abound concerning this new political bloc founded by Prince Thul, with thousands of systems around the galaxy throwing derision and laughter towards the Alderaanian prince's gumption to assume that he can merely stamp a piece of paper and declare the renewal of the Galactic Conclave -- which has failed once already on the real center of the galaxy, Coruscant.

"When asked about these recent events, Protector Tycho, currently overseeing the reconstruction efforts of Coruscant as its chief executive officer in his newly mandated title, had this to say: "Obviously this is an attempt to gain control for the International Fleet, the Corellians, the Alderaanians, and the Huntarians. It is a shallow and hasty move, in my opinion, as events are still unfolding in the wake of the Chaos attack and the collapse of the Conclave -- which will be truly re-founded once Coruscant and the damage it has suffered has been rebuilt to an even greater level of glory than before.."

"Powerful words from our dear Protector." Papers are shuffled around in front of Tod.

"Now, onto our next story!"

Assault In the Outer Rim~! The Trade Federation Comes Marching!

Droid Assault on Airam Sector

"Perhaps even more pressing than the political ramifications of the creation of the Galactic Imperium, is the military campaign being waged in the southern reaches of the Outer Rim territories. In a terrible campaign that has sprung up seemingly without cause, the Trade Federation armies under the banner of the New Terminus Conglomerate have marched forth and begun conquering all before them. Though we do not have definitive proof yet, there are indications of war atrocities being committed by droid soldiers, the massacring of civilians within the Tantra and Steniplis sectors -- which would support the reasoning behind their quick capitulation to the overwhelming martial force being brought against them by the droid armies of the Terminus Conglomerate.

"The primary objectives of this campaign seem to be fairly obvious, according to our military adviser on staff here at HoloNet News, and is headed towards Sullust and elsewhere on the Rimma Trade Route and Hydian Way. In response to these aggressive acts that have caused such sudden bloodshed, several governments at the system and sector level have requested the military protection of the Thrashian Empire. Such as is already happening in the northern quadrants of the Outer Rim territories, where Thrashian military units are actively helping to police and protect systems without the ability to protec themselves, the sector governments of the Mayagil, Brema, Sluis, and Grumani Sectors have been in contact with the ruling governor of the Seswenna Sector, Moff Valek Tarkin, seeking aid and protection."

*holo changes to see a view of the governor's residence on Eriadu, where a podium has been set up outside. Standing behind it is the Imperial Moff, Valek Tarkin*

"I am as shocked and astounded as any of you, my gentlebeings! To think that the Terminus Conglomerate or its Trade Federation lackeys would have the guts to launch an assault on undefended sectors across the Outer Rim without cause!? It's shameful! Now, I have agreed with my advisers and have been given the full backing of the Acting Regent, Moff Banston Creed, to act in accordance with the wishes of the local population of the four sectors around my home of Seswenna. As such I have given orders to Vice Admiral Jorj Tanbris to deploy task forces from the Seswenna Sector Fleet to the various worlds of the four sectors. Support has also poured in from Bastion, and I can pleasantly say that a full six clonetrooper legions have been given leave to deploy across the sectors! Thrashia will not allow another massacre to occur! We shall defend all freedom-loving beings of the galaxy against those that would diminish their freedoms or kill them, as the Chaos interlopers would!"

*applause breaks out and the holo cam cuts back to Tod Tucker*

"Wow! What a shockers folks! I think that we can all thank Moff Tarkin for his strong words and obvious show of support for the beings of the Mayagil, Brema, Sluis, and Grumani Sectors. Our thoughts and prayers, for those that partake, will be with the brave soldiers of the Thrashian Empire."

Moff Ivrik Leander
"Let Us Have Peace!"
The Imperial Mission Launches

"It is a program that was widely beloved and liked within the boundaries of the Thrashian Empire. But now it's coming to a world near you! The Imperial Mission, named so for it's backing by the Imperial government, is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing aid to those in poverty and to give succor to those in need. Founded on the ideal that the strong must help the weak, it's founder, Moff Ivrik Leander, had these words to say:

"To be strong is easy, for it means that a being has what is required to survive. To be weak is much harder, for it means that a being lacks the necessary means for basic life. There is no duality here, between strong and weak, such as might be claimed by the Jedi and the Sith. There is only an obligation by those with the means to do so, to help those that require help in a time of need. The Imperial Mission shall be that helping hand. With a budget given us by the Imperial Moff Council, the Imperial Mission will provide schooling, medical support, shelter, and food to any living being in the galaxy that enters through our doors. Our arms are always open and our creed shall not waver in the face of fear, antagonism, or hatred."

Reports now indicate that in the northern wilds of the Outer Rim on worlds that have been taken under the protection of the Thrashian Empire, the Imperial Mission has already set up thousands of offices and shelters. More than a dozen of their shelters have even opened up here, on Coruscant, providing aid to those that have suffered from the Chaos attacks. It warms our hearts to know that such kind beings are making such strong efforts to bring peace, comfort, and protection to those in need around the galaxy."

"I'm your host, Tod Tucker, signing out."
Last edited by Thrashia on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arenumberg
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arenumberg » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 am

-=Bothan Council First Secretary asserts Alliance position.

First Secretary Borsk Fey'lya, speaking today, further defined the Alliance's continued meeting of its obligations to its member worlds, Bothan security and the security of its allies as outlined in its treaties. While the Alliance has been quiet since the start of the recent crisis, Borsk Fey'lya stated that it was a matter of "Facts, we know only in so much as we are told concerning these events, and further must rely on information from powers whose motives may be dubious. The destruction of the Conclave and the loss of so many has thus become a game of ambition. While the Alliance will work through its diplomatic channels in this precarious time, we can only imagine the lengths some states will be willing to go to. It would be immature for the Alliance to do anything but re-affirm its commitment to its own people."

Despite the withdrawl of the Alliance from the Conclave over a year ago, something not unexpected in the continued on-again, off-again Conclave-Bothan relationship, the Alliance Assembly and Bothan Council have both made clear the Alliances willingness to contribute non-military supplies to affected civilian populations.

-=Council In Closed Session

The Bothan Council today sat in closed session with representatives of the Guineo of Dohlban and representatives of the Lannik Government concerning the current crisis in the core and their respective governments position in respect to accepting Alliance military assistance if necessary. With both Governments intertwined with Bothawui even before the founding of the Alliance, it has been an element of political wonder as to why the Alliance has not pursued a greater integration agenda with the neighbouring sectors.

With the recent intent of the Bothan Council to establish a protectorate over Dressel following the Dressel Accords last month - Dressel being a world inhabited by what many regard as a "primitive" species and uncolonised by Bothan Clans for this purpose - analysts regard the current flurry of closed doors meetings, Council meetings with foreign governments and the continued refitting of the Bothan Sector Fleet as a sign that the Alliance is more willing, in the face of recent events, to force through diplomatic measures to include systems regarded as of particular interest to the Bothan Systems Alliance.

Neither the Lannik or Dohlban government were willing to comment.

-=New Cov, Old Tricks

Information straight from New Cov today confirms that First Secretary of the Bothan Systems Alliance, Borsk Fey'lya visited New Cov, ostensibly to manage his own interests in the operations there. Local Authorities confirm that the First Secretary made a number of assurances regarding the security of New Cov and its valuable biomolecular industry. The interests of the First Secretary and the Bothan Systems Alliance in New Cov continues to grow given the recent signing of the New Cov-Alliance export-import treaties, and in particular the acquisition of further shares by the First Secretary himself in the New Cov Biomolecule Company.

While the Alliance has largely made little of the agreements over the past years, or the current presence of the First Secretary, many conclude this is a broadcasted sign of the Bothan Systems Alliance desire to induct New Cov as a member world.
Last edited by Arenumberg on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents