NATION

PASSWORD

430th ODST: Hell's Angels (Dawn's First Light)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

430th ODST: Hell's Angels (Dawn's First Light)

Postby Kassaran » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:40 pm

January 22nd, 2549
New Jerusalem, UNSC Orbital Shipyards
Aboard the ONI Stealth-Destroyer "Dawn's First Light"

The briefing room was filled with members of the newly formed 430th Contingent, many of which were wondering why they were sitting there, waiting for something to happen. Little did they know that they had specifically commissioned for this unit, the United Nations Space Command Office of Naval Intelligence had recently been tasked with forming an elite unit of soldiers, capable of leading the UNSC in key battles wherever they were deemed as "needed". All of the candidates however, were hand-picked, and all the more less did they know, but most had seen each other once before, though under undoubtedly worse and more chaotic circumstances. Jonah sighed and brushed his sweaty palms over his slick, yet short, chestnut brown hair, watching the security monitors as the last members took their seats. Just from the vantage point he had, he recognized several of them already, but none could see him through the electronic surveillance equipment.

All the better for me, best save them seeing my ugly mug for a dramatic entrance and all that, Jonah thought, looking now at the monitor showing the small briefing hologram which sprang up in the center pedestal. A small, stout AI appeared, glowing a deep crimson color, typical of AI's of its caliber. Made simply to exist and control simple ship-based functions, it was obviously a very stern and harsh AI, something of an inferiority complex ravaged the mind of this little photonic being, but brushing past his anger, he focused on speaking. The Ai, at first appearing very small suddenly became taller as it revealed its true form, in the shape of a man wearing a cloak, with a raven perched on its shoulder. This AI was Poe, named for some nineteenth century poet of the morbid and macabre subjects. It fit the tone with which the small, "dumb" AI spoke, disinterested, but showing a keen observant aptitude around it.

"I am Construct MIL AI 4723, you may refer to me however, as 'Poe', most of the crew does anyways. I am the shipboard construct and I am here to orient you as to the workings, functions, and protocols aboard the UNSC 'Dawn's First Light" tuning out the slightly disorienting voice, Jonah focused back on the room-based noting the faces of several members he had identified off the bat. His XO, a First Lieutenant by the name of Topfer, the face still looking eerily similar to when Jonah first saw it two years before. It had been while Jonah was the last commissioned officer in command of the ill-fated 218th ODST Contingent. They had held out inside a hellhole for nearly ten days before they had to be evacuated and before the city was leveled by a UNSC Strike Force by the name of Juggernaut.

Another face, standing out among the others, was that of his ONI liason, another Lieutenant by the name of "van Klooster". Looking sharp as he had when Jonah had met him on the evac birds out of the aforementioned battle in which he had met Avaran, he recalled the look on his face, tired, hungry, most of those whom had been stuck in the city until the evac by the 212th Marine Company. And once again, another, a sharp, but elegant jawline, with red-hair framing the face, that would be his new tactical recon sniper, Lucy Holden. As lethal as she might be beautiful, the only thing detracting any man from doing so were the large (undoubtedly non-standard, but uncontested) knives on her person and the single Sangheilli canine tooth she had taken from a zealot in a fierce hand-to-hand combat encounter. Impressive for someone of her size and frame, but not inconceivable.

Turning away from the monitor, Jonah made his way through the door to his right and made his way into the briefing room. The troopers now were just receiving the final words of the introductory speech from Poe, but suddenly a small backlight went out and the hologram flickered out of view. The problem was on ships like the "Light" nowadays was that half the time they were rolled out of the shipyard only 75% complete. With most of the weapon's systems still not handling properly, and even more critically, with the cryogenic tubes were offline, and the slip-space drive not yet properly mounted, they risked losing the ship if they moved anywhere in the next few days, so they'd have time to get comfortable. The hydroponics bays were active and working quickly to churn out new, genetically augmented vegetable and fruit-like supplements. While they weren't the most rich in texture or flavor, Jonah made sure to allow for a generous amount of "fresh" food to also be stored.

On top of it all, the crew quarters were indeed double-bunks, with the exception of women's quarters, somehow, even after struggling for equality all throughout the twenty-first century with the Feminist movement, the UNSC still failed to allow for Co-Ed bunking. Meh, Jonah thought to himself,probably better adn then pausing and thinking to himself, and safer for all the men. Looking around the room, he began to speak...

A few seconds before
"Furthermore, I expect you all to always obey the aforementioned procedures and never break protocol. I don't care how many times you wish to move to the restroom during your shifts, you are only to be excused by a CO. Seeing as how this ship is still in dry-dock, it will be several days before we can undock and make for deep space. Above all, I expect nothing but the utmo-"

The door opened, and a split second later the backlight for the holographic pedestal blew out and now the Captain was left standing before his troops, the fourteen of them now seeming highly spread out within the darkened room. Moving towards the front, he cleared his throat and began," As you were, I assume you were all enjoying Poe's speech, however now we have real things to talk about. Fenris, lights and block out all fragments bound for this room."

A slightly grating noise responded, having no anchors in English or Hungarian, which likely left some wonndering, until about a second later when the Captain admonished the AI for his wit," Now now Fen, no need to speak Lekgolese in front of non-qualified translators."

The grating dropped in volume to become a deep gravelly voice of a male-oriented AI," Understood Captain, it has been done as you asked, all connections secured, deleting this fragment now."

A split second later it was silent again as the Captain turned and looked over the members of the two fireteams before him," Welcome, you are all now members of the Four-Hundred and Thirtieth Orbital Drop Shock Trooper Contingent under the command of the Office of Naval Intelligence. We are small, but we are built to work in these small numbers for a particular reason, we do what no else should. I recommend you all begin to settle in and prep to leave drydock in three days. As I'm certain most of you know, the Covenant have now engaged and successfully besieged Paris IV. We have been given express orders to move behind enemy lines planetside and recover some intel of particular use for the ONI Spooks. That is all that is to be revealed to you as of right now about the mission. Particulars will be revealed on a need-to-know basis as the mission requires. As for your personal status, with your indoctrination into the Four Hundred and Thirtieth, you all now have been marked as Killed-In-Action. There are no safety nets, we are all 'dead men walking' as one might say, and I expect none of you to believe you have any worth to anyone alive if you failed in your mission objective. We are here to get results, and those results will come at a high price. However, we are here to die, to save the lives of perhaps countless millions after, and likewise, we are going to be given the toughest missions available that ONI wishes to have done that certain, other assets of theirs would be incapable of actually doing so."

The sound of his voice and the inflection of his tone at the word assets implied the one major rival in the service the ODSTs had: the SPARTANs. Now, it wasn't to be mistaken that the ODSTs disrespected the SPARTANs, they knew that the SPARTANs often gave up their lives in the line of duty, but it had been no secret that in their training they had "trained" on ODSTs and likewise many ODSTs had fallen at the hands of the SPARTANs. Well, actually this wasn't a well-known fact to those whom hadn't been in the service longer than fifteen or so years, but it wasn't hidden information either when someone dug enough. The Captain concluded the short opening brief," Over it all, you have been selected for notable excellence displayed in combat on the battlefield or in training. If any of you have questions, you may now approach me, everyone else, dismissed."
Last edited by Kassaran on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Lieutenant Smith was indifferent at being listed officially as K.I.A. given his family basically abandoned him at military school leaving him little reason to actually want to return to civilian life. The only thing that bothered him was that they were basically an ONI suicide squad merely disposable tools, but he wasn't in any real position to complain. He walked over to the Captain. "One question captain. If we somehow manage to survive this what happens after that? Officially we are all dead so just turning up as civilians is bound to raise questions." He wasn't particularly concerned with returning to civilian life he was merely curious if they actually had a plan in place for that.
If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Ovon
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Nicholas sat in his chair thinking over every thing he just herd, and closed his eyes so he could think more clearly. "well I guess i'll look around." Nicholas got up from his chair and headed for the door. He looked at everyone he passed they all seemed confident, 'do i look confident as them' he thought to him self and he stopped at the door and decided to wait for a little bit by it and watch what happened with everyone and maybe he could get some info on why he was picked. He was nothing special, he had not even seen a battle yet but he had been posted a lot of places's in his nine years since he enlisted, "man i wonder what i'm in for" he said to him self as he waited by the door thinking of a question to ask the captain.
fire, fire everywhere

come on it wont hurt . . . I think.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Lance Corporal Benjamin Schweitzer 'Psycho'
" Dawn's First Light " Briefing room
430th ODST ' Hell's Angels '

As the Captain began speaking Schweitzer leaned back in his chair that was the furthest back in the room hiding amongst the shadows. It reminded him of the Bastard he'd killed back on Atheria. He hadn't wanted to kill that Captain in the first place but the man suggested surrendering to the Covenant. Which frankly appalled him. It had been later that he'd sunk his knife deep into the Captain's chest after an argument ensued about if the UNSC troops who were the core of the resistance were going to surrender.

God did i enjoy killing that Sonofa Bitch

Eventually the ODST Captain came to the point where he mentioned 'Dead men Walking'. To that he couldn't help but laugh quietly under his breath.

I've been dead for far longer than that

As the Captain continued speaking Schweitzer scanned the room. Eventually Schweitzer's gaze reached the ONI Spook.

God i'd love to kill that puke if i had the chance. Fucking ONI , aren't even soldiers and they send them to die by the thousands.

That made Schweitzer smile. He remembered the several ONI officers that he'd murdered on Atheria. The stupid UNSC investigator's never found the bodies. All of it of course , was because they were unwilling to fight. He'd tried on multiple occasions to justify it to his squadmates at the time stating that the ONI operatives were ' move concerned with losing than fighting '.

Eventually the Captain finished his speech and Schweitzer immediately stood and headed toward the door shoving his way past some idiot who was blocking the door.
http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Imperial+City-States
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

Unapologetically American
U.S Army

Ovon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 pm

As Nicholas stood there thinking he forgot he was blocking the door until some one pushed passed him, "ouch" he said as he hit the side of the door "sorry about that I got lost in thought." Nicholas looked the man over and got a bad feeling from him. He add this feeling about him that screamed don't be alone with him, Nicholas took a few steps back from him before asking his name. "so whats your name." he asked with a smile but felt that it would fall short with this guy.
fire, fire everywhere

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Arthur sat intently during the AI's speech about shipboard conduct and standard procedures. The speech itself wasn't of much concern to him, it was a fairly typical cut and paste speech on conduct, what truly interested him was the AI itself. He hadn't actually seen an intelligent one before, his only real experience was the mediocre ones during his training. He had only heard stories of them until now and was silently observing "Poe" as he spoke and marveling at all the intricacies that had to go into his existence.

His fascination was abruptly cut short when a Captain entered the room. He promptly saluted and returned to his at ease position when he was permitted. As he listened to the Captain's speech he rapidly learned about his current predicament and there was one thing specifically that bothered him about it. Killed-In-Action? What about his parents and family? Were they just given some folded flag and just like that it was over? Was he going to be kept by ONI for the rest of his life since he was a dead man? The questions were relentlessly swirling through his head, however when the time came for questions he didn't dare speak up. Partially because he knew: the wrong questions, especially the ones that were in protest of ONI, were likely for someone's KIA status to become less of a lie. However it mostly was due to his withdrawn nature. More often than not it prevented him from asking the key questions that he had and he had to wait for someone else to ask them. If not then he often had to find the answers on his own.

Arthur sighed as he begrudgingly accepted his new life. Whether he liked it or not he was ONI's toy now, and they're not one to give up their toys. Arthur accepted his dismissal and exited the room. Once outside and walking through the halls of the ship, he resorted to his guilty pleasure to try and get his mind off of his distress. He pulled out a small handheld with 3x3 colored squares on each side. It was an old puzzle from the 20th century, apparently it was called a Rubik's Cube but he never really knew why. He started twisting the various sides trying to get each side to be a single color. He quickly became so engrossed in his own little world that as he walked he eventually lost any sense of a destination. As he aimlessly wandered the halls, more than once he almost failed to step to the side as an officer approached. Each time only narrowly sliding to the side and saluting as they passed, the puzzle still in his hand.
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Taras' ears pricked up once he heard how himself and his new-found comrades were already KIA. It bothered him to think that he was almost expected to die. But he didn't really have a choice, did he? Nevertheless, he continued on listening to what his new leader had to say. When the topic of questions popped up, he was ready to go.
"Sir? What kind of opposition will we be going up against and What kind of civilian presence will there be?" he asked cautiously. Taras wasn't sure if he was allowed to know these things, but thought that it was worth a shot.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Vancon wrote:Taras' ears pricked up once he heard how himself and his new-found comrades were already KIA. It bothered him to think that he was almost expected to die. But he didn't really have a choice, did he? Nevertheless, he continued on listening to what his new leader had to say. When the topic of questions popped up, he was ready to go.
"Sir? What kind of opposition will we be going up against and What kind of civilian presence will there be?" he asked cautiously. Taras wasn't sure if he was allowed to know these things, but thought that it was worth a shot.

"That," the Captain said objectively, looking towards the young man in his seat," is completely and utterly need-to-know. We can't give you a running tally so we won't."

The blood ravens wrote:Lieutenant Smith was indifferent at being listed officially as K.I.A. given his family basically abandoned him at military school leaving him little reason to actually want to return to civilian life. The only thing that bothered him was that they were basically an ONI suicide squad merely disposable tools, but he wasn't in any real position to complain. He walked over to the Captain. "One question captain. If we somehow manage to survive this what happens after that? Officially we are all dead so just turning up as civilians is bound to raise questions." He wasn't particularly concerned with returning to civilian life he was merely curious if they actually had a plan in place for that.

"You are officially property of the United Nations Office of Naval Intelligence. You don't get to have questions asked of you, as for those of you whom have dealt with ONI before, note they know." It was a semi-chilling statement, and it was directed towards a certain individual in the back of the room, one sitting in what one might consider shadows, but rather was a less illuminated point in the room. Jonah's optical contact implants, courtesy of the ONI, served him well, and the eyes of the man in the back, brooding, left him curious and wondering. He knew his disposition towards ONI, hell, the only reason the man was alive was because ONI saw him better used against the Covenant. Captain Mackenzie on the other hand still was leery of the situation regarding the man. He knew he was an unstable mess with a thorn against authority. Turning back towards the man before him," I can however say that you are KIA so that way no one asks questions. You all died in one way or another while en transit. That''s all the details you'll receive because it's all the details you need-to-know for now."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Lucy's ever present smirk faded into a look of slight concern. KIA? Just like that? Well it wouldn't be that hard to say that the Zealot she fought actually ended up killing her, even though the opposite truth had evidence to back it up. She loved carrying her tooth and knife around, as well as the scars on her face. Quite the collection of badges of honor if you asked her. She knew her mother wouldn't fall for the 'KIA' bit, as she was ONI herself. Her father would have to wait for her to join him, God rest his soul. No, her main concern was how her older brother Connor would take it. He always looked to Lucy as just a bit more than a sister ever since she enlisted, and they had told each other they'd live to make it home one day. With that now gone down the drain for him, she hoped it wouldn't effect him too much.

She stood to attention when dismissed and filed out near the tail end of the group. There wasn't much to do about the briefing, but heading to get a quick bite before anything else. She was wearing her standard issue field pants and black t-shirt with the ODST emblem near the top left breast. She grabbed an apple and a bottled water and headed back out towards the female quarters. A few of the Captain's words suck in her mind. You are here to die. Sure they were, but Lucy wasn't planning on dying just yet, even thought she was already officially and legally dead to the rest of the UNSC. She took a bite out of the apple as she walked.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Novicius Imperium Romanum
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Novicius Imperium Romanum » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Corporal Daniel A. Jacobs
"Dawn's First Light" Briefing Room
430th ODST

While neither the fact that his first mission was going to basically be a suicide mission, or that he was officially considered K.I.A bothered him, the thought that he was probably only selected for the mission as little more than cannon fodder did bother him. The idea that he was only there to die infuriated him on the inside, but he showed no signs of it on the outside. "Fuuuck... I should at least get something done if I actually was just sent here to die," Daniel thought, slightly clenching his fist as he stood up after being dismissed from the squad's briefing. He left without saying a word, unusually silent even for himself. He doubted anyone would've known that or even noticed, anyways.

The man had no real cares about the speech, and mostly forgot it once he was out the door and wandering down the corridor. His only real concern at the moment was whether or not he'd get thrown at the enemy's fire and regarded as little more than fodder for the rest of the squad. Sure, he had some skills, but nothing too particularly noticeable, and definitely nothing beyond precision shooting and a bit of driving. Maybe it was just because he outperformed his old friends and allies in those fields that he was picked. He, and the rest, were practically expected to go and get killed, so he figured that just maybe they only wanted him for his particularly small array of skills.

As he continued pondering his predicament, he turned around and caught sight of a slightly aggressive fellow shove his way past another squad mate who'd unfortunately had supposedly forgotten that he was blocking the entrance to the briefing room. Seeing as how the former didn't seem very pleasant, or happy, and the other seemed oblivious, he figured something bad might occur if the fool attempted to make small-talk with the man in dire need of anger management, which, sadly, he did attempt to do. Jacobs simply sighed, slipped his head into his hand, and muttered under his breath, "what an idiot." He leaned back against the nearby wall, and kept an eye on the two, to watch what would occur next.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Ovon wrote:As Nicholas stood there thinking he forgot he was blocking the door until some one pushed passed him, "ouch" he said as he hit the side of the door "sorry about that I got lost in thought." Nicholas looked the man over and got a bad feeling from him. He add this feeling about him that screamed don't be alone with him, Nicholas took a few steps back from him before asking his name. "so whats your name." he asked with a smile but felt that it would fall short with this guy.

Benjamin turned and glared at the man.

"Psycho." he answered roughly with that being said he stared straight back at Captain Mackenzie or Nic's shoulder. It was a rare thing but Benjamin actually had respect for the man. The ONI spook however. Was going to die. When or Where , it didn't matter.

And i'll sure as hell make it painful the thought brought a Grin to his face.

"Sir. " Benjamin said addressing the Captain.

" Does this mean that the ONI pukes have the Marine Corps by the balls Sir ? " Benjamin continued venom filling his voice.
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

U.S Army

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 pm

Benjamin turned and glared at the man.

"Psycho." he answered roughly with that being said he stared straight back at Captain Mackenzie or Nic's shoulder. It was a rare thing but Benjamin actually had respect for the man. The ONI spook however. Was going to die. When or Where , it didn't matter.

And i'll sure as hell make it painful the thought brought a Grin to his face.

"Sir. " Benjamin said addressing the Captain.

" Does this mean that the ONI pukes have the Marine Corps by the balls Sir ? " Benjamin continued venom filling his voice.[/quote]
"No, it doesn't, it means you're now an ONI "puke" now, and it means I have you by the balls, when your Captain doesn't," The ONI spook stepped forward, his face marred by many signs of battle, and of conflict perhaps that''d go unsung," and if you don't like that little piece of information, then I recommend you bite it, because you aren't going to like anything that follows over the next three days. As for your attitude, I'd keep it in check for you, you might be able to make people disappear, but we make them cease to exist."

The Captain stood by watching it all happen with a calm demeanor, his irises momentarily black as he'd brought up a few protocols for ship defense and polarized the contacts to minimize the flareup of lighting in the room as the briefing ended. Van Klooster knew whom it was who stood before him, and much to the other man's, misfortune, he didn't know whom Van Klooster was. Then pushing past the broad shouldered man, the slim and black-haired ONI operative slipped past the man and proceeded to walk down the hall a ways before turning off into a small passageway where he disappeared into the Officer's Lounge.

bloody hell, mate.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Kassaran wrote:"No, it doesn't, it means you're now an ONI "puke" now, and it means I have you by the balls, when your Captain doesn't," The ONI spook stepped forward, his face marred by many signs of battle, and of conflict perhaps that''d go unsung," and if you don't like that little piece of information, then I recommend you bite it, because you aren't going to like anything that follows over the next three days. As for your attitude, I'd keep it in check for you, you might be able to make people disappear, but we make them cease to exist."

The Captain stood by watching it all happen with a calm demeanor, his irises momentarily black as he'd brought up a few protocols for ship defense and polarized the contacts to minimize the flareup of lighting in the room as the briefing ended. Van Klooster knew whom it was who stood before him, and much to the other man's, misfortune, he didn't know whom Van Klooster was. Then pushing past the broad shouldered man, the slim and black-haired ONI operative slipped past the man and proceeded to walk down the hall a ways before turning off into a small passageway where he disappeared into the Officer's Lounge.

"Just like all ONI eh ? Running from a fight ? Want me to bite it Puke ? Hell the Captain said it himself , we're already dead Scarface. "

HA , Make them cease to exist. what a fucking joke. The only one they ever found was Captain Merrick. I can play this game

Rapidly Benjamin turned to face the Captain.

"Apologies. Sir . Didn't know we were taking orders from cloak and dagger. "

With a sharp Salute Benjamin turned and left the briefing room to head to the Armory it was quite there and he could sharpen his knifes in peace.
George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:10 am

ONI sure knows how to pick them. Seeing as he wasn't going to get any answers he left the room. This wasn't exactly the best situation to be in, but there's nothing he can do about it now. Might aswell suck it up, and try not to die. He turned a corner, and headed towards the mess hall to get something to eat.

All this reminded him of his first day in military school. Lots of questions, no answers.

Ovon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:50 am

With that Nicholas slipped pass him and headed threw the ship exploring it, "man this place is big." he said as he rounded his fifth corner. Nicholas was getting turned around with all his lefts and rights but a little while he found him self in the mess hall, with his stomach rumbling he went and got something to eat. 'man i home this taste better than the last ship i was on.' he thought. He picked a seat towards the back wall with a view of the door, he did not notice anything strange about this place except for him being KIA, "i wonder how mom's taking it?" he felt a little guilty and the food started to mix up in his stomach making him feel worse.
fire, fire everywhere

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:07 am

After rounding another corner 2ndLt. Smith arrived at the mess hall. He walked over to the line, and grabbed a tray from the pile. The food here certainly looked better than the slop they served at the hospital he had stayed at after nearly getting killed by a suicide grunt on Kholo. Probably would've died if a sniper hadn't taken the little bastards head off. He still hated grunts. The line moved forward, and food was placed on his tray as he went along.

After the tray was filled 2ndLt. Smith sat down at a table where Lance Corporal Truitt was sitting. He sat on the opposite side.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:49 am

Staff Sergeant Roman Kovak
Dawn's First Light - Briefing Room

All the faces in the room were relatively emotionless, blank and transfixed on the Captain as he gave his particularly hard hitting speech. Finding out that you were practically listed dead wasn't reassuring in the slightest, if something did happen they wouldn't come looking for your body. Roman bowed his head slightly as the Captain finished his talk, offering up the chance to answer any questions that anybody had about their task. Roman passed on that, it was ironic that any answers to those questions would be bullshit anyway, typical ONI he supposed. Roman stayed seated for a couple of moments whilst everyone filtered out through the doorway, the sound of barging and huffing made it obvious everybody was itching to get out of the room, and who could blame them, they had just been pronounced dead in the most undignified way possible. When most of the others had left the room he raised up out of his seat, arms still crossed and strode over to the door and paused for a moment, he inhaled as if to ask something, but hesitated and instead proceeded on out and down the hallway, to the mess hall.

Killed in action...they say Spartans never die, but ONI are dead right off the god damned bat.
Yo, that's mad.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 am

2ndLt. Smith looked over to the door, watching Staff Sergeant Kovak enter the room. He remembered him from Skopje, it was a bloodbath so remembering the survivors wasn't that hard. He remembered a few of the people in the briefing room from Skopje. He turned back to the table, and started eating. The food wasn't half bad which was good considering this is probably the only place they'll be eating at for a long time.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 am

Entering the Mess Hall, Roman noticed a somewhat familiar face glance up as he made his way past. Slowly he recalled the face to be one of the soldiers from Skopje, what a fucking mess that was. The Covenant threw everything they had at them over the days of fighting, thousands died each day and even if that wasn't enough, a damned Frigate dropped out of slipspace and started glassing everything in sight. Everyone lost a lot that day, friends, family and parts of themselves. The ones that did make it out were not the same people who went in, Roman included. He pushed the thought away and proceeded into the line.

Roman wasn't in the mood for anything heavy so he opted for some Oatmeal, which might as well have been wet mushed cardboard, it looked and tasted similar. At least the Orange juice contrasted the taste and sight of the Oatmeal. After collecting his meal he proceeded and sat opposite 2nd Lieutenant Smith, he nodded as he slapped the tray down onto the table, rattling the cutlery. "Lieutenant" Roman greeted him, flashing a brief smile and taking a spoonfull of Oatmeal, trying not to grimace at the awful taste. "So...how's your first day being dead?" He asked sarcastically, gulping down some juice.
Yo, that's mad.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:15 am

"Not really anything to go back to for me. I'm sure my former teachers at military school would care more about me being KIA then my parents. Heh." Smith smirked before taking a sip of coffee. "Anyways how are you doing? I haven't seen you since Skopje."

Eridanus 3
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:25 am

The blood ravens wrote:2ndLt. Smith looked over to the door, watching Staff Sergeant Kovak enter the room. He remembered him from Skopje, it was a bloodbath so remembering the survivors wasn't that hard. He remembered a few of the people in the briefing room from Skopje. He turned back to the table, and started eating. The food wasn't half bad which was good considering this is probably the only place they'll be eating at for a long time.

Mess Hall
It was hard, looking at everybody's face. It was harder to see the faces of those men who served in Tiptree on Skopje. It was cluster of close quarters brawls, armored fights, and the Scarabs. Once they found out that we were defending a particular position, they pounced on us. That was a shame too, because it is hard to enact things like the Cole Protocol when you have a Scarab taking out your air cover. Hell, the plan to take that mother down was hard enough, and we lost a few marines in the explosion. Then there was the Sedrith. It was his crazy stunts that kept half our men alive. He even used a man's shoulder as a rest for his flamethrower, and good thing, because he almost got jacked by an elite with an energy sword. I never really understood their fascination with melee combat, it was a woefully inefficient process. We had our ever familiar ONI tower, which Sedrith proceeded to blow to hell. All in all, the place was a shit hole. I lost most of my men on that planet, and when the mission started, they weren't my men. However, a little plasma here, a little plasma there, and suddenly the next thing you know, your Captain gets it from long range artillery fire...

As I walked into the mess hall, I saw two familiar faces. Roman, Smith... Hell, half of the gang was already in here... "... haven't seen you since Skopje..." called Smith. "Bullshit Smith, if I am not mistaken we took the same transport over here, and I distinctly remember seeing you wade through Poe's bullshit. It's good to see the both of you."

Last edited by John Shepard Tuesday, December 7, 2185, edited 2 times

This message brought to you by Eri.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:30 am

The blood ravens wrote:"Not really anything to go back to for me. I'm sure my former teachers at military school would care more about me being KIA then my parents. Heh." Smith smirked before taking a sip of coffee. "Anyways how are you doing? I haven't seen you since Skopje."

"Skopje...well. As you probably know, everything got fucking burnt to a crisp. I was with the 89th, most of us got separated, most are probably dead now. I got evac'd on one of the last pelicans out to the UNSC Chares, one of the last ships in the fleet stationed there. I heard no less than 80% of my Unit got completely wiped, i'm one of the lucky few survivors...i was stationed on the Chares on patrol for a while before we came here for repairs. That's when i was transferred here." Roman finished and downed a few spoonfuls of Oatmeal, trying not to think of the taste.
Yo, that's mad.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 am

"You should've seen Kholo. One of those little bastards rushed me with two plasma grenades. I've got plasma scarring from my stomach to my shoulders." Smith looked over only to see the first lieutenant walk over. "I was half asleep the entire ride here. Anyways its good to see you again.

Eridanus 3
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 am

Ubaria wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:"Not really anything to go back to for me. I'm sure my former teachers at military school would care more about me being KIA then my parents. Heh." Smith smirked before taking a sip of coffee. "Anyways how are you doing? I haven't seen you since Skopje."

"Skopje...well. As you probably know, everything got fucking burnt to a crisp. I was with the 89th, most of us got separated, most are probably dead now. I got evac'd on one of the last pelicans out to the UNSC Chares, one of the last ships in the fleet stationed there. I heard no less than 80% of my Unit got completely wiped, i'm one of the lucky few survivors...i was stationed on the Chares on patrol for a while before we came here for repairs. That's when i was transferred here." Roman finished and downed a few spoonfuls of Oatmeal, trying not to think of the taste.

The blood ravens wrote:"You should've seen Kholo. One of those little bastards rushed me with two plasma grenades. I've got plasma scarring from my stomach to my shoulders." Smith looked over only to see the first lieutenant walk over. "I was half asleep the entire ride here. Anyways its good to see you again.

Turning to Roman, Greg threw out "Armored eh? That was a shitty situation to be in." He looked back at Smith. "Damn it, I told you that if you slept you would miss the view... Anyway, I was just coming in here to see who all forgot to eat on the ride over here. I going to go talk to the boss. I'll see you." The Lt. walked off toward the armory. After a few minutes of walking, and seeing only a trooper sharpening his knifes, he decided to ask the AI for some assistance. "Poe? Got any idea as to where Captain Mack went?"

Last edited by John Shepard Tuesday, December 7, 2185, edited 2 times

This message brought to you by Eri.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:13 am

" Dawn's First Light " Mess Hall

Having spent the last two hours in the Armory Benjamin decided food was more important than his solitary actions and passed some LT. as he walked by.. As he entered the Mess hall he noticed several people from the briefing earlier as well as several others who he didn't. As Benjamin walked though the mess line to get some disgusting looking reconstituted eggs. Eventually Ben found his way to a seat in the far back corner of the mess hall well away from anyone else there. When he began mindlessly eating the eggs his mind wandered back to the events on Atheria that promptly lead to his arrest and finally being handed over to the ONI pukes.

[flashback: Atherian Resistance]

Private Benjamin Schweitzer
23rd Battalion
E Company
UNSC Marine Corps
Carbondale , Atherian Capital City
District 1
E Company Command Post
Sewer System
Day 186 of the Resistance

"Sir ! What the fuck do you mean surrender ? " Ben blurted out as Captain Merrick was giving his final orders.

"Private. Exactly what I said. The Covies are offering us Food and shelter if we surrender and I won't allow my men to suffer anymore in this siege. " Captain Merrick responded a slight edge filling his voice.

The entire room was silent. Scattered around the briefing room about three dozen Marines were listening quietly and none had shed a word. An explosion detonated somewhere above them raining dust and other minor debris down on the Marines.

"You know that's bullshit. They'll just kill us anyway. You're the only one they'd keep alive as their pet. " Ben replied his voiced filled with anger and hatred.

"Private you will keep your mouth shut or i'll have you arrested for insubordination. " Captain Merrick replied coolly.

Benjamin didn't say another word. Calmly the Captain continued his orders.
Slowly Ben reached for the knife that was attached upside-down on his breast plate.

The feeling of cold steel fell on the back of Ben's neck.

"Not a fucking word and don't do anything stupid. " the voice whispered into his ear.

Quickly Ben was pulled backwards by two men into a darkened room. What felt like hours must've gone by before eventually the heavy iron door swung upon and Captain Merrick stepped in accompanied by two ONI operatives.

"Trying to kill me won't change anything Private. You fail to understand what i'm trying to do here. " Merrick said confidently.

Benjamin struggled slightly against the cuff's that held his hands.

Merrick eyed the movement with a hint of curiosity before continuing.

"I'm giving these men hope. They've suffered for far to long on this god forsaken planet and i indeed to offer them deliverance for their sins. Something you will never have. "

"I will kill you." Benjamin said in a matter-of-fact manner his eyes locked on Merricks.

"Sure you will. Take him to the Sewer edge and kill him." Merrick said to the ONI operatives.
Last edited by Imperial City-States on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse