NATION

PASSWORD

Hidden Origins [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Hidden Origins [IC]

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:16 pm

HIDDEN ORIGINS
The OCC

“The escape was not my idea. I mean, escape to what? We didn't know anything else. It was Zack who said we had to leave. So, I guess he saved my life. I didn't think we should separate. But he wouldn't listen. And I never even got a chance to thank him.”-Max, X5-452

~What Lies On the Surface~

Undisclosed location approximately 35 miles southeast of Seattle
Manticore HQ

Sandeman read over the reports of the latest efforts with an air of maddening silence and boiling irritation. His associates made feeble coughs in attempt, to no doubt, unclog the lump of fear that had lodged itself firmly into their windpipes while fidgeting in their seats.

“Gentlemen,” Sandeman began slowly, the last paragraph already losing his attention. “This is simply unacceptable. And why is that?”

There came the question that couldn’t be possibly answered satisfactorily. It had been almost a year since the terrorist attack, and a couple of years since the facility was compromised in Gillette, Wyoming. Since then, little headway had been made in capturing the XSeries subjects. It was a frustrating ordeal, one that continually tested Sandeman’s resolve not to order a public sweep of Seattle and put down anyone – anyone – that may have been suspect to colluding with the renegades.

There was also Eyes Only, whose interference had not gone unnoticed and constant meddling in the affairs of the city and state that made Sandeman weary of their eventual discovery so close to Seattle. He knew it would only be a matter of time before that nuisance of a political group came poking into this neck of the woods, and no doubt fire off as many warnings as they could air. Their involvement in the attack at Gillette had placed a certain yearning to exact revenge on the mystery man that led Eyes Only, personally.

And last but certainly not least was Abstergo. Twice now they had claimed “no involvement” in the disappearance of two X6 soldiers on reconnaissance at the outskirts of Sector 10. Granted, each time was at different places, different times, but the fact that Abstergo had their own experimental XSeries subjects after their ‘friendly exchange’ sent alarms klaxons all over Sandeman’s mind. Who knew what else those snakes had in store for them?

His exterior expression however exuded a calm but expectant demeanor. “Well gentlemen? It’s been months. More renegade XSeries appear and disappear off our – what is claimed to be state-of-the-art – surveillance grids; Eyes Only is no doubt helping them, and Abstergo is hot on our heels. Someone explain to me why this has happened!” He slammed his fist against the black polished table, the impact of his hand made a shallow dent upon it. Sandeman’s associates jumped, and the smell of fear reeking off them was enough to make him gag in disgust. The silence was most infuriating and with no answer imminent, Sandeman had had enough.

Making a derisive noise in the back of his throat at the pathetic sight in front of him, he punched a key command in and the screen behind him came to life. On it was a map of Seattle, their current position, and topographic details and notes of other information for his use only. “I want a recon team out in this city. Since the State isn’t letting us flush them out like we would prefer, we’ll do it slowly and methodically. If Eyes Only can sneak through that sorry force Seattle PD call checkpoints; we can plant our men in and get them one XSeries at a time. Pick those in the XSeries and any other personnel you deem suitable for this take. Make Abstergo your coinciding primary concern also; the last we need is for those damned bastards to get another one of our property.”

Seattle, Sector 3
February 20, 2016
Aiden/X5-458

Seattle was its usual gloomy self today. The weather was cold and wet as always, and from the looks of the dark grey skies that hovered with the promise of a deluge, it was going to be a day spent under a raincoat, an umbrella, or a stack of newspapers to keep your head dry. For Aiden, he would have preferred if it was a day spent in doors, in bed, and let the day go by in peaceful silence, to hear the water drop upon the ceiling and the windows without the barking orders of any of Lydecker’s adjutants; maybe even feel the cold creep in while wrapped in blankets and not hugging yourself in the rain out in the woods at midnight silently begging to go back in to keep your teeth from shattering to pieces. And then there were thoughts of Matt and the absence keenly made aware in the tiny apartment. It came almost audible at times, especially the last memory Aiden had of him, the image of Matt going back to create a diversion along with an X3 who couldn’t so much as breathe unless he (It? Thing?) was submerged in fresh water. That was the last he saw of them, disappearing into the night and echoes of gunfire and shouting intermixed with the roar of engines, adrenaline and the freezing cold. It left a hole in Aiden to leave him, and that hole became wider and more noticeable during such quiet times. In order to shake the thoughts of that night from his mind, Aiden had to grudgingly admit that sometimes Manticore’s training did come in handy, like focusing on the primary mission and nothing else. Yet, things changed: life was his primary mission now, and Aiden shook the thought of Matt away and hoped upon whatever was out there that he was alright. Maybe it was a good thing he wasn’t indoors. Chances were all he’d do was brood anyway.

As it stood, he was cycling his way to work, cutting through a street and hitting a main road that was constantly overcrowded. To call it a road was a definite misnomer. There were the homeless mixed with trailer residents mixed with haphazard booths selling things of dubious quality, mixed with local citizenry on food complete with drivers and bicyclists having to navigate their way through the congestion; and rain threatening to pour down on them all. It was already happening; the first sprinkles were peppering the already wet streets. Aiden rode a little faster where he could manage; he worked at a local diner a couple of miles from where he lived called simply “The Eatery”, place that had been around since before the Pulse – that’s what they called it here in Seattle, Aiden learned. Surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, The Eatery still held on, though quality had been lacking since then. People still came around, but the crowds seem to change all the time, something Aiden didn’t quite understand why. First it would be ‘normal’ guests, but at night, there were characters of questionable origins walking in with hard faces or distant ghastly ones. It made his job interesting even if he didn’t particularly care for it. But considering his skills (undervalued as they were now) impressed the owner, he was now able to pay for a (very) small apartment and a life that seemed like heaven compared to his time at Manticore.

Not that he couldn’t, and didn’t, exercise his tremendous potential to do more, they were just carried out in a slower pace and only as needed. Aiden had found Eyes Only, (though they would say they found him. He wasn’t quite sure how to make of that) and in turn they gave him a chance to strike back at Manticore. But Aiden was a tad impatient in the way Eyes Only did it, their constant insistence that “It’ll take time”, or better still, “In degrees”. For Aiden, it didn’t seem as though they had much trouble taking down Manticore the first time around; what could possibly stop them from doing so now? Still, he didn’t let his frustrations be known to them, he was just eager to get out whenever called upon.

“You’re late, again.” Came a gruff voice from behind that took him out of his thoughts.

Aiden resisted rolling his eyes. He was only five minutes late. Instead, the X5 turned to face his boss; giving a good ol’ boy smile that was also apologetic complete with an easy lie, “I’m sorry, Mister Alvarez,” Aiden began, he made note to always address the owner and cook with a title (the guy seem to always soften his hard stance because of it), “sector patrol stopped a whole block for some person they were looking for. Wouldn’t let me through even after I told them I work here and offered them a free lunch on my tab. Anyway, I’ll stay an extra 30 to make it up.”

The portly man narrowed his eyes at Aiden, to which the X5 kept his pleasant face on as though the tardiness was a minor forgettable thing. The cook grumbled something Aiden didn’t understand (he was never going to figure out slang) and gestured with his head for the X5 to get to work. “Thanks Mister Alvarez, I appreciate it,” Aiden said, donning a smock across his waist with pad and pen already in.

“Get Mira out for her shift, and then tell Joe he better have my supply shipment in by one. I’m not waiting like I did last time with those god damn sector patrol, bunch of money grubbing sons a bitches,” Alvarez grumbled, shaking a frying pan under a large fire.

“Yes, sir, right on it.”
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Reed Estate, Seattle
Februrary 20,2016
Claire Vanderford

Claire huffed and puffed as she made her turn around the bend. The sun was just beginning to rise over the hill as Claire ran down the track into the wooded area that separated the large park from her house. Behind her, two bodyguards kept their pace with her. Running had always been apart of Claire's morning routine since her mother's death, it gave her a moment to think clearly, to reminisce, to allow her thoughts to wander before getting in the mindset required for her job. As she neared the bug hill, she went into over drive, sprinting up the hill, making it to the crest just as the sun began to rise over the forest and roofs of multi-million dollar homes.

She made it to the top and looked over her shoulders, waiting for her twenty and thirty-something body guards to catch up with her. As they neared her, the younger one approached.

"Ma'am, we have them. The team will be arriving in just a few minutes."

"We better move on then." Claire said with a smirk as the three headed towards her home.

As Claire walked around from the back of her house to the front, there was a large black van and two blacked out SUV's parked in her cobbled, circular driveway. The long drive-way and tall trees that surrounded her home gave her privacy from her neighbors, and the 15 foot walls and immense security system didn't hurt to keep out the riff raff either. Claire brushed her hair out of her face and stepped towards the back of the van and looked at one of her men. "Open it." She commanded. When the steel door opened up, Claire found two subjects in front of her, a X6, presumably one of the ones who escaped from the Gillette facility and a young child.

The X6 was a women, green eyes, red hair, fair skin, she looked like any normal person you would pass on the street, but she wasn't. She was a mistake, nothing but a genetic anomaly that had to be corrected. The men around Claire had their sights pointed right at the woman while a young child clung to her, tears streaming down his face. Claire sat on the edge of the truck, her legs crossed, her eyes fixed on the two.

"Why don't you come with me? C'mon I'm not going to hurt you." Claire said, smiling through her teeth to the young boy.

"P-lease, no-" The woman protested.

"I wasn't talking to you." Claire snapped. "C'mon, I'm sure there's some games in my house we can play." She said, calling the boy over. The little boy looked at the woman, then back at Claire and chakinly made his way towards her. The woman tried to keep a grip on him, but he escaped her arms and found himself sitting on Claire's lap. Claire ran her hand through the boy's golden locks and smiled. "He's a lovely boy." she said with a smile before looking at the woman. "It seems you have had some extra time on your hand. Sorry about the boy's father." Claire said, referencing to what had happened only hours earlier in Sector 3. However, Claire wasn't sorry about it, if anything she was delighted. "You and your brother, were quite attached, it's only natural your relation ship progressed to this." She said as she snatched the boy's hair. The woman with the red hair wanted to shout out in anger, but knew it would be best not to upset Claire. "You know the outcome of this, don't you?" Claire asked the woman who was shaking across from her, who then nodded in agreement. There was no point in fighting back at this point. she looked at her child and mouthed "I love you." Before closing her eyes.

BANG

A single shout ran out, but the woman wasn't dead. When she opened her eyes, she saw the body of her lifeless child on the floor, his blood pooling towards her. She locked eyes with Claire, and the barrel of a gun.

BANG

Claire didn't flinch, but only tossed the gun to her bodyguard. "Clean this up. Bring them to Manticore." She said as she headed into her home to get ready.

Manticore HQ

Claire's $760 dollar heels made a distinct sound on the tiled floor as she walked down the hallway to her office. The Pulse only made the rich, richer and the poor, poor. The gap was bigger than it ever was, not that Claire really ever cared anyway. She came from a family of wealthy who had made their money from ranching in Texas. Claire always saw herself as part of the creme de la creme, and intended to keep up with appearances. She knew she had been running late with a meeting with the Sandman and hurried down the hall, tossing her coat and handbag to one of her bodyguards. Claire entered the room and smiled at Sandman, taking her seat at the table near him.
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Whittington wrote:
Reed Estate, Seattle
Februrary 20,2016
Claire Vanderford

Claire huffed and puffed as she made her turn around the bend. The sun was just beginning to rise over the hill as Claire ran down the track into the wooded area that separated the large park from her house. Behind her, two bodyguards kept their pace with her. Running had always been apart of Claire's morning routine since her mother's death, it gave her a moment to think clearly, to reminisce, to allow her thoughts to wander before getting in the mindset required for her job. As she neared the bug hill, she went into over drive, sprinting up the hill, making it to the crest just as the sun began to rise over the forest and roofs of multi-million dollar homes.

She made it to the top and looked over her shoulders, waiting for her twenty and thirty-something body guards to catch up with her. As they neared her, the younger one approached.

"Ma'am, we have them. The team will be arriving in just a few minutes."

"We better move on then." Claire said with a smirk as the three headed towards her home.

As Claire walked around from the back of her house to the front, there was a large black van and two blacked out SUV's parked in her cobbled, circular driveway. The long drive-way and tall trees that surrounded her home gave her privacy from her neighbors, and the 15 foot walls and immense security system didn't hurt to keep out the riff raff either. Claire brushed her hair out of her face and stepped towards the back of the van and looked at one of her men. "Open it." She commanded. When the steel door opened up, Claire found two subjects in front of her, a X6, presumably one of the ones who escaped from the Gillette facility and a young child.

The X6 was a women, green eyes, red hair, fair skin, she looked like any normal person you would pass on the street, but she wasn't. She was a mistake, nothing but a genetic anomaly that had to be corrected. The men around Claire had their sights pointed right at the woman while a young child clung to her, tears streaming down his face. Claire sat on the edge of the truck, her legs crossed, her eyes fixed on the two.

"Why don't you come with me? C'mon I'm not going to hurt you." Claire said, smiling through her teeth to the young boy.

"P-lease, no-" The woman protested.

"I wasn't talking to you." Claire snapped. "C'mon, I'm sure there's some games in my house we can play." She said, calling the boy over. The little boy looked at the woman, then back at Claire and chakinly made his way towards her. The woman tried to keep a grip on him, but he escaped her arms and found himself sitting on Claire's lap. Claire ran her hand through the boy's golden locks and smiled. "He's a lovely boy." she said with a smile before looking at the woman. "It seems you have had some extra time on your hand. Sorry about the boy's father." Claire said, referencing to what had happened only hours earlier in Sector 3. However, Claire wasn't sorry about it, if anything she was delighted. "You and your brother, were quite attached, it's only natural your relation ship progressed to this." She said as she snatched the boy's hair. The woman with the red hair wanted to shout out in anger, but knew it would be best not to upset Claire. "You know the outcome of this, don't you?" Claire asked the woman who was shaking across from her, who then nodded in agreement. There was no point in fighting back at this point. she looked at her child and mouthed "I love you." Before closing her eyes.

BANG

A single shout ran out, but the woman wasn't dead. When she opened her eyes, she saw the body of her lifeless child on the floor, his blood pooling towards her. She locked eyes with Claire, and the barrel of a gun.

BANG

Claire didn't flinch, but only tossed the gun to her bodyguard. "Clean this up. Bring them to Manticore." She said as she headed into her home to get ready.

Manticore HQ

Claire's $760 dollar heels made a distinct sound on the tiled floor as she walked down the hallway to her office. The Pulse only made the rich, richer and the poor, poor. The gap was bigger than it ever was, not that Claire really ever cared anyway. She came from a family of wealthy who had made their money from ranching in Texas. Claire always saw herself as part of the creme de la creme, and intended to keep up with appearances. She knew she had been running late with a meeting with the Sandman and hurried down the hall, tossing her coat and handbag to one of her bodyguards. Claire entered the room and smiled at Sandman, taking her seat at the table near him.

Manticore HQ
Sandeman's Office

Perking an eyebrow, Sandeman regarded her with a cold appraisal when he read the latest after-action report. While he didn't think it was excessive, there was a missed opportunity that he felt Claire had intentionally ignored. It was quite unlike her, but since the attack at Gillette, she had been most... ruthless, apathetic to the nature of the mission. He was beginning to wonder her a liability, for now, she was valuable and Sademan hated to see waste. Which brought him back to his thoughts on the XSeries subject and the spawn she had managed to birth. It was remarkable, no doubt, as Manticore had a 50/50 success rate with their subjects procreating. It was something that needed a live examination rather than dead specimens.

"I see your methods are precise as usual," Sandeman began with a curt nod, but he tossed the file upon the obsidian desk. The papers slid out of its folders, making a mess in front of her. "And as usual, you've been missing opportunities at interrogation for any information regarding the other fugitives. If it wasn't for your methods in tracking them, I'd say you've become sloppy, Claire. And I hate to see someone of your caliber... reevaluated. Care to explain why it was necessary to kill the offspring? The woman, well, we had X5-656 examined closely and made remarkable strides despite out reproduction setbacks. The child should have been spared so that we could have a live specimen to study on."

His stare had remained cold, an unspoken statement hung in the air that it was going to take some finesse on Claire's part to justify her actions.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:30 am

Helena Schweimer Collins

Helena's somewhat twisted smirk shined beneath her dark glasses. Her gloved hands gently moved in sync with her beautifully dressed body as she walked down the street, heading for the Crash. Her naturally red hair made no movement, as if completely disobeying whatever movement around it. The woman would certainly leave an impression of some sort, a rather cold impression. She was clearly not an altruist and didn't intend on helping anyone, unless it benefited her in some way, or had possible benefit in the future. Just her presence would make one admire her looks, but make a chill run down one's back as the woman emitted coldness in her unsatisfied or threatening speeches. Having associated with the 'Eyes', as she called them, was not something she did out of good will for anyone, but rather because she believed the organisation wouldn't let the US get to powerful as the EU and Europe's allies get back on their legs. It wasn't that she loved the devastated EU much more, it was just that it was the base of her career and the base of her ambitions.

Enough thinking about politics, Helena would eventually enter the Crash. Yet it wasn't because she liked it all that much, not at all. She did it not because of want to get acquainted with someone or talk: she didn't need that. Schweimer would merely order a small drink and drown in her own plans, her strange form of attractiveness pushing most people away from confronting her, while her lips just wanted to speak something, something not good. Only the bravest would confront this deathly woman and, even they, would eventually leave her strange company. But clearly Helena was too intelligent to just shoo someone away, for she was very well-mannered, a pure aristocrat. She would let her aura do that for her, for her aura had no manners whatsoever.

The noise of the place was not heard by Helena, for she was deaf to sounds she disliked; that made her loose concentration or anything of the sort. In her plans, Helena intended on visiting Abstergo and Manticore, she was more than welcomed there anyways. But she didn't, because today, she just didn't have to. Sipping her drink, Helena's mind made up the many ways of clashing together the largest powers in Seattle, so they fall weakened, which would eventually benefit her. Helena did acknowledge that, despite being as intelligent as herself and a clear perfectionist, she wasn't mistake-proof. But one thing she knew for sure was no one even got the chance to think that she was arranging the pieces together, the final picture intended to change the world into a new order. Helena sometimes reminded herself of Germany in World War Two, which had the same plans, although eventually failed due to its flawed concepts and ideology among other things. Drowned in the day-by day planning, Helena understood that she needed an ally in a world where alliance was needed, but did not exist. Perhaps this is all just her illusions and she will never achieve her goal, but she didn't care.

Everything will fall, She thought.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Seattle, Sector 9
February 20, 2016
Angélique Tate

The vertical blinds clacked against each other as she pushed one of the slats aside. Not that she couldn't already tell, from the lack of sunlight filtering in through the space between the wall and the blinds. It never hurt to check, though. Never.

The trip back from Ireland had been a long, circuitous one. Instead of traveling directly by airliner, the way she had when going there, she'd booked passage back on a cruise ship. It was the most obvious choice; she'd considered trying to pass under the radar by traveling on a cargo ship, but she would have stuck out like a sore thumb. There weren't very many women who decided to take that method of transportation, let alone attractive women traveling alone. It was a conceit of the human mind that 'attractive' was so often associated with 'affluent', and the crewmen and officers might have set themselves to wondering. So a cruise ship it had been. Dodging the Garda Siochana and Irish customs to get aboard had been as easy as presenting a UK passport in the name of Audrey Matthews. Half a day out of Miami, however, she'd left her rolling suitcase (full of clothes bought at a bargain store and never worn), strolled down to the lowest deck with a balcony, and gone over the rail in the middle of the night. "Audrey Matthews" had sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and "Jane Young", aspiring American model from West Palm Beach, had taken her place. Or so her Florida driver's license said. There would be an investigation by the authorities, but she knew the FBI barely put any effort into investigating high-seas disappearances - and that had been before the government had started to go to the dogs. No, the only thing she had to worry about now was Manticore and Abstergo.

All right, so that was a lot more than it seemed at first.

She opened the door, sliding back the deadbolt and folding the trumpet slider-like knob catching thing, and pulled the sheaf of mail out of the wall-mounted box. Most of it was coupons and ads, which she discarded in the recycle bin behind the door. There was something interesting, though - a typed note, rolled up inside a car-wash promotion.

Caffe Fiore. Sector 4. Meet a contact there. Anthony Giorgetti, member of the Terranova Family. Get local ID from him.

She glanced at her watch. The note didn't have a time, so she had to move fast to try and catch this Giorgetti. The one thing she felt certain of was that he'd be there sometime today. Grabbing her purse and sliding a pistol into it, she went outside, started up the car, and drove out into the rain. Fortunately Caffe Fiore wasn't too far away, even given the traffic.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Manticore HQ
Sandeman's Office

Perking an eyebrow, Sandeman regarded her with a cold appraisal when he read the latest after-action report. While he didn't think it was excessive, there was a missed opportunity that he felt Claire had intentionally ignored. It was quite unlike her, but since the attack at Gillette, she had been most... ruthless, apathetic to the nature of the mission. He was beginning to wonder her a liability, for now, she was valuable and Sademan hated to see waste. Which brought him back to his thoughts on the XSeries subject and the spawn she had managed to birth. It was remarkable, no doubt, as Manticore had a 50/50 success rate with their subjects procreating. It was something that needed a live examination rather than dead specimens.

"I see your methods are precise as usual," Sandeman began with a curt nod, but he tossed the file upon the obsidian desk. The papers slid out of its folders, making a mess in front of her. "And as usual, you've been missing opportunities at interrogation for any information regarding the other fugitives. If it wasn't for your methods in tracking them, I'd say you've become sloppy, Claire. And I hate to see someone of your caliber... reevaluated. Care to explain why it was necessary to kill the offspring? The woman, well, we had X5-656 examined closely and made remarkable strides despite out reproduction setbacks. The child should have been spared so that we could have a live specimen to study on."

His stare had remained cold, an unspoken statement hung in the air that it was going to take some finesse on Claire's part to justify her actions.

"I had already assessed the situation beforehand, had them followed for weeks. They had no other connections with any fellow X-Series, if anything they made sure to stay out of sight. X5-647 and X5-648 both had their barcodes removed, they blended into society rather well unlike some of their brothers and sisters. X5-658 was designed with supersonic voice pitch capabilities, such power could literally shatter glass and render our electronic equipment useless. It would have been far to dangerous to apprehended him. I felt it was best to put him down quickly. As for X5-647, she was an unusual creation, it was as if she could easily sway others to do her doing. Just looking into her eyes, she could get anybody, to do anything. It was probably what kept her and her family alive for so long. Who knows what she could have been capable of if she got to either me or you. As for the child, it was cost effective. We would have to cloth it, feed it, keep it alive." Claire said, with am emphasis on the word "it". "I'm sorry of you disagreed with my handling of this situation, but when you ask me to do something, it's always handled isn't?" Claire asked as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs. "However, your suggestion have been noted, and I'll be sure to apply them to the next case. Now, how about getting me up to speed on our current task."
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 am

Whittington wrote:
"I had already assessed the situation beforehand, had them followed for weeks. They had no other connections with any fellow X-Series, if anything they made sure to stay out of sight. X5-647 and X5-648 both had their barcodes removed, they blended into society rather well unlike some of their brothers and sisters. X5-658 was designed with supersonic voice pitch capabilities, such power could literally shatter glass and render our electronic equipment useless. It would have been far to dangerous to apprehended him. I felt it was best to put him down quickly. As for X5-647, she was an unusual creation, it was as if she could easily sway others to do her doing. Just looking into her eyes, she could get anybody, to do anything. It was probably what kept her and her family alive for so long. Who knows what she could have been capable of if she got to either me or you. As for the child, it was cost effective. We would have to cloth it, feed it, keep it alive." Claire said, with am emphasis on the word "it". "I'm sorry of you disagreed with my handling of this situation, but when you ask me to do something, it's always handled isn't?" Claire asked as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs. "However, your suggestion have been noted, and I'll be sure to apply them to the next case. Now, how about getting me up to speed on our current task."

The man across her let the silence hang in the air for a moment before a smile creased upon his lips in satisfaction. "Succinct as always, my dear. However, as proven as your capabilities have been, I've decided to let you take a more," Sandeman's fingers outstretched in an open gesture, "shall we say 'hands on' approach, to apprehending the renegades."

Getting up from his chair, he fussed with the buttons of his vest, buttoning it closed before tapping upon a button on the obsidian table. A project lit up, forming a 3D image of the Seattle with blue outlines of varying hues to distinguish the details and it began to circle slowly. "As you're well aware, Eyes Only has become a bit of a problem for us. It doesn't help the city or the state will not allow us to flush them out en masse, this my dear, is where you come in. I've already placed coordinators to this project, what I need is someone that can blend in with the population and flush out the renegades. You're going to have a few XSeries along with you," he added with a certain glee know full well her feelings about their vat grown soldiers, "X6-442, X5-293 and X4-112."

The faces of the three XSeries displayed, floating over the city layout. A brunette male with piercing eyes, an almost too delicate Asian looking woman with a cold stare, and the X4, whose features were almost alien. "The latter," he pointed out casually, "has special uses in stealth. I figure this will come in handy when needed. You begin immediately in Seattle. The Primary Directive hasn't changed, but how you do it has. Any questions?"
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:48 am

The Westons
Somewhere in Sector 6

"....it's been confirmed that the reports are true...", "...it's been notified that...".

News. Bullshit news. All of them are filled with covered news, of the real ones. Of people who Manticore killed. Of people who Abstergo killed. Of people they killed. It's a cover for them.

Set aside those things, for the curtains are opened for the Westons to act. Jake, on one side, a man of paranoid and over-confident, yet skilled in hacking. He's an Eyes Only man. An inside man for them to Google. He's the one who has the information regarding communication networks and power stations in Sector 6. He's quite skilled in it and there's no way he can be defeated. Unless....

Brad. The older brother, the soldier, the leader. On one side, he's a caring brother, but on his back, lies the side of Abstergo. Him, as the security officer of the Abstergo, determined to take on Eyes Only if only his superiors give him the order. He will do that job fast and quick and with his team. Too bad his brother refused to join as hacker for Abstergo. If only...

Currently as we speaking of this, Brad is in his shift back in Abstergo, while Jake is in his apartment, hacking through Sector 6's networks, trying to find advantage for the Eyes Only.

And now, this brothers are clashed. They will fight, they will bleed, they will betray, and only one will come out as the victor...

Who will be?
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:The man across her let the silence hang in the air for a moment before a smile creased upon his lips in satisfaction. "Succinct as always, my dear. However, as proven as your capabilities have been, I've decided to let you take a more," Sandeman's fingers outstretched in an open gesture, "shall we say 'hands on' approach, to apprehending the renegades."

Getting up from his chair, he fussed with the buttons of his vest, buttoning it closed before tapping upon a button on the obsidian table. A project lit up, forming a 3D image of the Seattle with blue outlines of varying hues to distinguish the details and it began to circle slowly. "As you're well aware, Eyes Only has become a bit of a problem for us. It doesn't help the city or the state will not allow us to flush them out en masse, this my dear, is where you come in. I've already placed coordinators to this project, what I need is someone that can blend in with the population and flush out the renegades. You're going to have a few XSeries along with you," he added with a certain glee know full well her feelings about their vat grown soldiers, "X6-442, X5-293 and X4-112."

The faces of the three XSeries displayed, floating over the city layout. A brunette male with piercing eyes, an almost too delicate Asian looking woman with a cold stare, and the X4, whose features were almost alien. "The latter," he pointed out casually, "has special uses in stealth. I figure this will come in handy when needed. You begin immediately in Seattle. The Primary Directive hasn't changed, but how you do it has. Any questions?"

Claire pursed her lips at the mention of Sandman forcing a few XSeries upon her. However she was already on thin ice with him, and figured it be best to go along with this suggestion, for now anyways. "I'm going to assume you want this done a bit more stealthy." Claire said as she got up from her chair. "No black vans, no ear pieces, concealed weapons, if we're going to blend in with the population, we're going to be going in with the bare minimum. However, I'll have a team standing by at all times, as well as my own men with me of course. What sector would you like me to start flushing out first?"

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Whittington wrote:Claire pursed her lips at the mention of Sandman forcing a few XSeries upon her. However she was already on thin ice with him, and figured it be best to go along with this suggestion, for now anyways. "I'm going to assume you want this done a bit more stealthy." Claire said as she got up from her chair. "No black vans, no ear pieces, concealed weapons, if we're going to blend in with the population, we're going to be going in with the bare minimum. However, I'll have a team standing by at all times, as well as my own men with me of course. What sector would you like me to start flushing out first?"

"That and more," he concluded, "You're to find them and capture them alive. Eliminate anyone else that has any connection to them and keep your eyes out for Abstergo while you're at it. Eyes Only, well," he paused with a shrug, "Deal with it as you can best. You're not to kill them unless they've given sufficient cause to do so. Your XSeries, along with anyone else you put on your team will corroborate this. Start here," he pointed at Sector 9, the lower half. On the visual, several main streets led into Sector 3; one of the busiest Sectors in Seattle, "You'll have everything you need to cover your roles and that of those in your team. There will be no contact from us unless we want there to be and you'll see the signs for it also. Do whatever it takes to bring them in alive Claire."

The Eatery
Sector 3
Aiden/X5-458

The shift was slow, which was kind of surprising considering the location of the place, the time of day, and given how many people usually barged and ate with ravenous glee as though they'd been starved for days. Now, only a paltry number of people sat in the diner. Aiden noticed a middle aged woman sitting by herself stirring a cup of coffee; it was all she wanted. On the extreme end, a couple giggled and whispered in each other's ear like teenagers; nothing was on their table. Two gruff looking men sat at the front, one immersed in a newspaper, the other chomping down on his steak sandwich. It looked as though tips were going to be nothing, not that he ever got much to start with anyway. His coworkers reminisced about this place in the past, where apparently they had to share the tips evenly. After the Pulse, it was each server to themselves and it was a couple of times that employees outright stole the money straight out the register. Despite losing its luster and reputation for a fine bistro, it was a miracle that it stood against the aftermath of the Pulse.

The young X5 didn't know what a miracle really was; but he hazard the attack on Gillette equated to something like it. Or the fact he got his own closet sized apartment. Things looked on the up and up when he thought about it.

"Still day dreaming as always huh boo?" A familiar voice chimed in from behind him. He was well aware someone was behind him, but he hadn't bothered to turn to see who.

"Everyone's gotta be doing something," he said easily with a shrug.

"I hear that, sugar. So what's up? Last I saw you was... what? Five days ago?"

Aiden shrugged again, straightening up from his leaning position against the podium that faced both the door and the rest of the floor. "Yeah, had a bit of an emergency to attend to. Seattle's finest Water & Utility department decided to bring down a health inspection of our building. Took the entire building a chunk to pay them off to keep us going."

The man, a bald Asian man whose clothes were meant for a woman's, and whose bald head was currently covered by a wig, shook his head. When Aiden first saw him, Roberta (apparently went with Rob) Orange nearly chewed his head off for staring at him too long. Aiden had never seen anyone like Roberta and came to learn that Roberta was what they called a 'transvestite'. He was utterly confused about it but learned quickly about the dynamics of that particular subculture. Aiden also found him quite funny, an Asian man with (what Roberta claimed) a black woman's voice. "Always some city official tryna squeeze out another dolla from the man. I tell ya boo, one of these days they gonna try that shit in the wrong place at the wrong time, it'll be a sight to see."

That's an understatement, Aiden thought to himself. Eyes Only had been taking a look at recent City officials and department activity. Work and evidence collection was slow; not to mention the time and delivery handling to SPD, whose reputation for getting anything down was downright despicable. Still, he knew something was being looked at in Seattle; he was just eager to be out there again. Perhaps they'll call me soon, he thought to himself.

"Anyway, boo, I'm here to take your shift. You got da flo, so shake that ass and hop to it, mama needs to get comfy up on this bitch," Roberta shooed him off. Aiden bit a chuckle and moved on to the floor to attend to the small number of patrons.

The Assassin Order (The Order)
Sector 4

Ophelia usually didn't bother to take such note of new arrivals. New arrivals happened everyday and usually left just as quickly. If only Seattle knew how much of a way station it truly was, they could be making a fortune on taxing those transients and bring the city back to some kind of life. But like any city nowadays, it also meant someone did take notice and was pocketing a lucrative amount into their own coffers. Eyes Only was sure to look upon it. Those do gooders couldn't resist poking their noses into everything. They were the Davids among the Goliaths; it was almost noble as it was folly in her opinion. Mattered little, she didn't take sides.

Sitting in Caffe Fiore, she waited for one particular individual the Order had requested her assistance in. Of course, they would deny ever contracting her (indeed their paper trail was a sight to see), but Ophelia knew who it was in the end. The task was simple and right now only needed for said individual to show up.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Manitcore HQ
Claire's Office

Claire sat down t her desk, toying with her pen, she couldn't believe that Sandman had forced her to work alongside those, things. However the X-Series assigned to her had proven to be loyal to a fault, however they would still earn her hatred. Claire was now to give up the comforts of home ad along with her team, go deep underground to apprehend those who escape the Gillett Facility, and hopefully take down Eyes Only in the process.

"June.." Claire said into the intercom to her assistant"..send X6-442, X5-293 and X4-112 to my office. I wish to meet with them before we head out. Also, have my men start preparing for the task at hand. We'll be leaving within the hour. I want a comm team set up, as well as a sleep team."

"Of course Claire, they'll be right up."

Claire took the time to kick of her heels and shimmy out of her dress into something a bit more tactical, but still form sitting. She took of her personal affects and placed them into her wall safe, and retrieved her Beretta. After she finished getting ready, June informed Claire that her ne team had arrived.

s they walked in, Claire walked around to the front of her desk and leaned against it. As they filed into a line, it gave Claire a moment to study them. The man and Asian woman could have been models if they wanted to, however the third one seemed like an abomination that should have been terminated long ago. " You, you are to stay behind the scenes. I hear you are especially good at stealth operations, I can see why." Claire said, referring to his appearance. She then turned to the Asian woman next. "I'll need you to scout the streets. Pose as a shopper. I'll need you to head into the smaller stores and eateries. Scout the areas for your traitorous brothers and sisters." Claire then walked up to the man with the piercing green eyes. "You know, only two percent of the population have eyes like yours. Wear glasses, you'll stand out too much in crowd. You'll be running point with me." Claire said before sitting down at her desk overlooking the layout of Sector 9. "Any questions?" she asked, not even raising her head to look at them.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Sector 4 - Caffe Fiore

The gear selector snicked to a stop as Angélique put the car in park. A Ford Focus - nicely anonymous in its model and coloring, a subdued metallic gray that the eye just passed over. She stepped out, the car's lights flashing for a moment as she clicked the lock button, and moved inside. A bespectacled, heavyset African-American man was just leaving with a sleeved coffee cup in hand. She darted a quick glance at him, sizing him up for a moment. The suit screamed bureaucrat of some kind, but the physique and the tired eyes said "ordinary civil servant" rather than "FBI".

Allan Cranston, in turn, saw a striking woman who wasn't a regular. New to the neighborhood? Probably, he mused. Nice break in the day, too. There wasn't much more about her, though, and he did need to get back to work. Filing audit reports for one or another local business. There were worse things to do, especially now; the police weren't what they had been before. At least Sector 7's military checkpoints were well run enough. It wasn't long before he was back at his desk again. The drudgery of number-crunching and typing quickly drove the woman out of his mind.

Paying him no more attention, Angélique turned her head to the counter, where she ordered a plain black coffee ("Keeping my weight down", she commented briefly to the barista, who nodded understandingly). Her business done, she turned casually and looked through the little shop as if searching for an empty table. Finding no one who could possibly be Giorgetti, she settled on one next to another woman sitting alone.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Whittington wrote:
Manitcore HQ
Claire's Office

Claire sat down t her desk, toying with her pen, she couldn't believe that Sandman had forced her to work alongside those, things. However the X-Series assigned to her had proven to be loyal to a fault, however they would still earn her hatred. Claire was now to give up the comforts of home ad along with her team, go deep underground to apprehend those who escape the Gillett Facility, and hopefully take down Eyes Only in the process.

"June.." Claire said into the intercom to her assistant"..send X6-442, X5-293 and X4-112 to my office. I wish to meet with them before we head out. Also, have my men start preparing for the task at hand. We'll be leaving within the hour. I want a comm team set up, as well as a sleep team."

"Of course Claire, they'll be right up."

Claire took the time to kick of her heels and shimmy out of her dress into something a bit more tactical, but still form sitting. She took of her personal affects and placed them into her wall safe, and retrieved her Beretta. After she finished getting ready, June informed Claire that her ne team had arrived.

s they walked in, Claire walked around to the front of her desk and leaned against it. As they filed into a line, it gave Claire a moment to study them. The man and Asian woman could have been models if they wanted to, however the third one seemed like an abomination that should have been terminated long ago. " You, you are to stay behind the scenes. I hear you are especially good at stealth operations, I can see why." Claire said, referring to his appearance. She then turned to the Asian woman next. "I'll need you to scout the streets. Pose as a shopper. I'll need you to head into the smaller stores and eateries. Scout the areas for your traitorous brothers and sisters." Claire then walked up to the man with the piercing green eyes. "You know, only two percent of the population have eyes like yours. Wear glasses, you'll stand out too much in crowd. You'll be running point with me." Claire said before sitting down at her desk overlooking the layout of Sector 9. "Any questions?" she asked, not even raising her head to look at them.

X6-442, X5-293 and X4-112

The Asian looking X5 wanted to say something; she actually fidgeted in her stance and wondered if it was a good idea to even ask anything from this woman. Rumor had it Claire was on the ruthless side, something akin to Lydecker but her punishments were worse. Worse being the fact she had no particular goal (none the XSeries knew of anyway) to her discipline. Most avoided assignments with her, though she had done the same, preferring the normal humans. Being assigned to her had puzzled 293, she wondered if it was because she did something that wasn't satisfactory. Maybe this was her punishment for some deviation she didn't know about. She may have had the coldest stare attributed to her genetic makeup and traits of the surrogate that bore her, but she was far from the perception. Just keep your trap shut and follow orders 293, you'll be good. It has to be.

X6-442, however, looked calm and collected, giving a curt nod to Claire when she instructed him to use props to blend himself in with the crowd. His star remained carefully neutral and he wished to hell the X5 sister of his would remain still instead of moving about even if it was barely noticeable. He had to admit to himself; 442 was feeling a little nervous about the mission at hand. He was a greenie. Unlike most of his peers, he hadn't experienced even a semblance of what life was like outside Manticore. Time and again he'd been promised an assignment, and time again he had been passed up for others with more exposure. Now with a chance, 442 had volunteered almost immediately with enthusiasm which died almost as fast as he was told who to report to; he just never expected it to be with a woman whose reputation for efficient kills with his own kind to be part of his ambitions. Whatever it took, he reminded himself, for the good of Manticore.

X4-112 was like a statue. It (He? She?) hadn't so much as acknowledge the woman's instructions. His facial features were almost minimal, not a trace of human or animal features present. What exposed skin was shown past the black Manticore fatigues looked like mini-octagonal scales. One would have to look very closely to realize the scales were in constant shift of colors, bending and blending whatever light it could deflect or absorb, giving the X4 a shimmering tan color in the office right now. The slits that passed as eyes merely looked at Claire with an almost imperceptible soft hiss escaping the slit that passed for the X4's mouth.

Finally 293 spoke up, clearing her throat, "Yes ma'am," she said softly but as firm as she could muster. "What are our restrictions regarding our wayward siblings? Are we cleared to terminate? Do we only capture? Are we take first opportunity if the moment presents itself?"

Tiltjuice wrote:
Sector 4 - Caffe Fiore

The gear selector snicked to a stop as Angélique put the car in park. A Ford Focus - nicely anonymous in its model and coloring, a subdued metallic gray that the eye just passed over. She stepped out, the car's lights flashing for a moment as she clicked the lock button, and moved inside. A bespectacled, heavyset African-American man was just leaving with a sleeved coffee cup in hand. She darted a quick glance at him, sizing him up for a moment. The suit screamed bureaucrat of some kind, but the physique and the tired eyes said "ordinary civil servant" rather than "FBI".

Allan Cranston, in turn, saw a striking woman who wasn't a regular. New to the neighborhood? Probably, he mused. Nice break in the day, too. There wasn't much more about her, though, and he did need to get back to work. Filing audit reports for one or another local business. There were worse things to do, especially now; the police weren't what they had been before. At least Sector 7's military checkpoints were well run enough. It wasn't long before he was back at his desk again. The drudgery of number-crunching and typing quickly drove the woman out of his mind.

Paying him no more attention, Angélique turned her head to the counter, where she ordered a plain black coffee ("Keeping my weight down", she commented briefly to the barista, who nodded understandingly). Her business done, she turned casually and looked through the little shop as if searching for an empty table. Finding no one who could possibly be Giorgetti, she settled on one next to another woman sitting alone.

"Charming little cafe wouldn't you agree?" Ophelia greeted lightly, her British accent unmistakable. Her baritone voice while deep was delicate and strong enough to carry to the other table to the woman who took her seat like she didn't quite belong her, much like Ophelia. The middle aged woman took a sip of her tea before settling the delicate white cup upon its saucer and wrapped her hands around the semi-warm cup. She looked up to the woman then and gave her a smile that didn't quite reach all to her eyes, and held back a level of warmth that would otherwise been quite welcoming adding to the mystery of her. Ophelia flicked her hair casually to one side as she quickly surveyed the store and continued, "This place use to have quite a crowd. Still has from time to time, or so I hear. Though I'm hardly ever here long enough to actually enjoy the comings and goings, I'm afraid."
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:X6-442, X5-293 and X4-112

The Asian looking X5 wanted to say something; she actually fidgeted in her stance and wondered if it was a good idea to even ask anything from this woman. Rumor had it Claire was on the ruthless side, something akin to Lydecker but her punishments were worse. Worse being the fact she had no particular goal (none the XSeries knew of anyway) to her discipline. Most avoided assignments with her, though she had done the same, preferring the normal humans. Being assigned to her had puzzled 293, she wondered if it was because she did something that wasn't satisfactory. Maybe this was her punishment for some deviation she didn't know about. She may have had the coldest stare attributed to her genetic makeup and traits of the surrogate that bore her, but she was far from the perception. Just keep your trap shut and follow orders 293, you'll be good. It has to be.

X6-442, however, looked calm and collected, giving a curt nod to Claire when she instructed him to use props to blend himself in with the crowd. His star remained carefully neutral and he wished to hell the X5 sister of his would remain still instead of moving about even if it was barely noticeable. He had to admit to himself; 442 was feeling a little nervous about the mission at hand. He was a greenie. Unlike most of his peers, he hadn't experienced even a semblance of what life was like outside Manticore. Time and again he'd been promised an assignment, and time again he had been passed up for others with more exposure. Now with a chance, 442 had volunteered almost immediately with enthusiasm which died almost as fast as he was told who to report to; he just never expected it to be with a woman whose reputation for efficient kills with his own kind to be part of his ambitions. Whatever it took, he reminded himself, for the good of Manticore.

X4-112 was like a statue. It (He? She?) hadn't so much as acknowledge the woman's instructions. His facial features were almost minimal, not a trace of human or animal features present. What exposed skin was shown past the black Manticore fatigues looked like mini-octagonal scales. One would have to look very closely to realize the scales were in constant shift of colors, bending and blending whatever light it could deflect or absorb, giving the X4 a shimmering tan color in the office right now. The slits that passed as eyes merely looked at Claire with an almost imperceptible soft hiss escaping the slit that passed for the X4's mouth.

Finally 293 spoke up, clearing her throat, "Yes ma'am," she said softly but as firm as she could muster. "What are our restrictions regarding our wayward siblings? Are we cleared to terminate? Do we only capture? Are we take first opportunity if the moment presents itself?"

"In regards to your siblings, they are to be captured alive. You may only terminate if you fear you are in eminent danger. Our goal is to capture and bring them back into our family. Hopefully through re-education, they'll be able to rejoin the ranks alongside you." Claire said as she gazed at her computer screen, lover looking the schematics and possible locations for interaction within Sector 3." 293, I want you to duck in and out of hole in the wall restaurants and small shops. If you d encounter one your siblings, do not engage, that's where 112 will come in handy." Claire said as she shifted her attention to 112. "I want you to follow them, use your abilities to cloak yourself into the background. Follow them home. 442, along with myself and a small team will then take them in the night."

Claire got up from her desk and led the three down into the garages of Manitocre and into a room full of supplies and equipment. "Here you will all you need to aid you in our mission. Take what you need, and report to me when you're ready. We'll be leaving in 20 minutes." Claire said she wen to change into civilian clothing to better blend in with the populace.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:40 pm

The Previous Day...
'Six Arms', 300 E Pike St, Sector 11
Officer Caleb 'Cal' Tanner

There was a time when Cal loved to come here-...Actually, that was a lie: he still did like to come here. But it just didn't really feel quite the same anymore, not after everything had happened with the world. Nothing really did, to be entirely honest. Everything turned on its head: the apartment, the job, the city of Seattle, and the life that he once lived. It was all just so oddly chaotic now; if you looked down the street in 2016, you saw what Mogadishu might've looked like in 2000 if it had a little more infrastructure and rain.

Still, that was really just in the non-sectored ghetto's, right? Things weren't so bad nowadays, although they were certainly worse. You could still walk down the street without getting shot, unless it was just that kind of day. Everything just felt a little more crowded now, that was it. Perhaps a bit more dangerous if you didn't stick to the traditional areas, and if you went into back alleys, but you could still do that even before everything changed.

Cal had picked a table, over towards the far corner of the pub: he liked picking corner tables when he had someone to meet, but so did everyone else with a plan around here. Sector 11 used to be a nice district, but now it was lowering in standards just like the others. The pub, still known affectionately as the "Six Arms", as a McMenamin's-chain pub and restaurant before everything went south. Nowadays, it was still under the brand, but it felt a lot more wild. A McMenamin's generally went for that feeling anyways, but it felt a lot more real when there were a ton of scruffy figures stuffed inside, with a staff that obviously was armed in one way or another. A necessity, nowadays.

It was a good thing that he'd scored the table as an empty one, before one of the larger parties could move in. It wasn't wiped down with a cloth by the waiter, and the overt aging showed on the table. Cal went for a Flat Tire: it was generally-local, reasonably 'cheap', and tasted good. Straight from the bottle, since it would mean a slight price reduction. When he was asked about anything to eat, he said he was holding for a friend. The waiter accepted, and move to the next table: even though this wasn't the best of Sectors, restaurants like this ensured that you still had to have some money to even think of entering.

Spending about a half a dozen minutes waiting for his 'friend', Cal gently sipped away at the beverage once it came. The wait felt long, primarily because he was eager for the visit and primarily because he was a cop. Even in off-duty clothes, cops were generally edgy because of the targeting for prejudice they might receive. To those that knew Cal, he thankfully wasn't much of a target, but being blacksheeped by the department didn't necessarily matter when strangers found out about him.

For now, he took a few minutes to look over himself. Wearing a white button-up collared shirt and a plain black tie was generally considered a telling sign of wealth, though there were a few keen differences that made him stand back into the throngs of people a bit better. Sometimes, people tried to look their best because the world was so bad, because they could at least show that they had something left; a hooded leather jacket was his preferred addition, though it had honestly seen better days. Same with the boots and grey cargo pants, too.

"Hey, Cal...", a warm voice tossed him right out of his look-over, emitting from behind him: his 'friend' had showed. Turning his head, Cal picked out the figure quickly. A medium, bright figure that echoed away strength beneath an unremarkable build: he seemed to have gone for that drab Apex jacket again, which might have made him melt away into the oceans that roamed the sidewalks. Of course, Cal could pick him out in an instant.

"Hiya Anton. Don't you ever get bored of that jacket?", he added a chuckle in with his own welcome to the arrival. A joke in these times never hurt. "I swear, you're always wearing it when you come to see me. Can't you go barter for a nicer one in a back alley?"

"Only if you stop wearing your jacket. You've had it longer than mine, anyways. When was it that I first saw it? It seems like years ago now, and you said that you've had it ever since Freshman year of college," Anton followed up. He bagged the opposing cushioned-bench, and the waiter that came in but a few seconds quickly bagged another Flat Tire out of him.

"Well, when Hell freezes over, I'll be sure to buy a new one. That is, if a store will sell a nice one for anything less than half a year's paycheck. I don't pull side business, you know."

"Oh, I know. And besides, Hell already froze over: then it started to rain, and they changed the name to Seattle." God, Cal missed that wit. "But it's good to see you again. Sorry I couldn't manage to set aside time this past week. I don't get many breaks either. Perhaps I should start the life of a thief."

And like that, they spent over an hour over lunch catching up. What had happened to the two of them, exciting stories about the life of a police officer (mainly focused on complaints about department corruption), family news, and whatever good they could scrounge up from the world. As the time passed and the pub became more vibrant as the crowds throbbed in, their excitement generally fit in better.

Lunch was good, at least by modern standards: it was a combination between old world skill and new world restrictions. Sure, the burger was decently fresh, and it tasted half-decent (although it was an expensive $11.95), but it did come out on a paper plate: meals that went $13 and above got the real plates. By the end of the event, both Cal and Anton had been stuffed full of food good enough to leave them desiring this kind of meal more often. Cal especially hated the thought of going back to canned crap, top ramen, and rations.

"...Thanks again for coming over to my side of the Sector, Anton," Cal flashed a smile after the check had showed and the bottles had run dry. The two of them both split the costs of the meal: it was only considerate to both of them, considering how spendy it had been; anything above $20 was an assurance that spending for the next month would be cut down like all Hell.

"Aw, it's a nice place anyways. Not as noisy or bad as some of the places I know," Anton returned with his own little goofy expression. The two of them acted friendly towards each other, but it was within reasonably suspicious bounds. Besides, this place was packed full of people anyways.

"Yeah...I, erm...", Cal struggled for words for a few moments, scratching behind his left ear with the appropriate hand. His right rested down on the table, and his head was filled with the wave of noise from the pub until he noticed Anton's hand moving forwards on the table. He shot Anton a look that made his hand freeze on the table, and a frown to appear on his face. Not a very visible one, but the twinges were there.

"You know how it is, Anton." His voice was now firm and commanding, as if he was dealing with a brother who had gotten drunk and had the unfortunate luck to be stopped by Cal.

The other male sighed, his nails dragging against the table lightly. "...I know, I know. Thanks for reminding me, Officer Tanner." Anton generally had a bad habit of using the term "Officer Tanner" to replace Cal's name whenever unpleasantness arose. It was enough to produce a deep exhale from Cal, who then stuck out his hand as if for a handshake.

"Still, it was good to see you. You take care, alright?", he replied, trying to replace the sour mood. It worked: Anton returned a smile, and his hand outstretched to shake Cal's. It was a firm shake, but it had an embracing soft tang to it. And it was how the two generally said goodbye out here, with a handshake that's only claim to subversiveness was that it was a few seconds long.

"You do too. And make sure that you get a nice Irish girl: I hear your parents would love that." Anton's returning sentence produced a grin from Cal, with a bit of redness around the ears.

"Oh, shove it."

One Hour Earlier...
S.P.D. East Precinct Station, 1519 12th Avenue, Sector 11

Following the previous day's visit with Anton, Cal had been generally cheerier and with well-raised morale. Everything felt brighter for the rest of that day: even the squatters outside of his apartment building were gifted a few spare dimes, which were heartily accepted. These sorts of meetings were what generally kept Cal with the personality that he had, and allowed him to deal with the Precinct.

He'd done his procedure for heading to work that morning, same as always. Cal never liked using the locker room inside of the station, and nowadays was no exception: preparing for the daily work as an officer was a prideful thing for him, even now. He couldn't bear to see how some people treated it.

The uniform was still the same as it'd always been. Cal always started with the white undershirt and the compact bulletproof vest that went immediately on-top. The blue shirt still followed, with the same golden badge as always. Pants, duty coat, officer's cap: he looked like he was all that was left of what the department had once stood for. Well, aside from the ammunition pouches that were around his pistol belt: those weren't standard at all, having been bought from side-street dealers for fairly cheap totals. Heck, he had one pouch that went for $2.50 from a tiny stall. He always thought about what that meant to the world, where an ammo pouch cost less than a decent meal.

Guns were another matter, too: once he was fit at the dresser, he'd head over towards the small safe that he'd bought a year back for the hopes of a private collection. That was back when buying guns was still legal, and police officers earned a half-decent paycheck at the end of the week. Even police officers generally had to drop their sidearms off at the station armories nowadays, or at least in theory.

Truth was, the East Precinct allowed officers to take their guns home at the end of the day. It wasn't really legal, but they still had a right to carry one anyways, so the local captain didn't bother. Besides, most officers who could afford it carried as much paramilitary crap as possible. The captain didn't care about his officers looking like shock troopers, either.

If there was ever a law that Cal broke, it was not abiding to the gun laws. That, and a whole slew of other 'minor' offenses that were so because that's how he personally saw them. His duty pistol, a Glock 22, was almost the same as the day he'd been issued it. A backup handgun, a compact Sig Sauer P250 with a scratched light mounted on the frame, went into a cheap holster around his arms as opposed to the hip-mounted former.

An old-fashioned Ruger Mini-14 rifle went into a carrying bag: the solid-stock carbine was the last gun he'd bought legally, and the cost at the time was a partial regret to Cal. It was a significant investment. Of course, in comparison to how his 'standard-issued' carbine from the Glory Days had been taken away from him and he was barely issued any ammo, Cal found himself excused.

It hadn't been a long drive over to the station that morning either, but Cal hated spending money on gas. He owned a 2000 Chevy Impala that, like most everything around these parts, had seen better days. It wasn't that it was overtly damaged, or that it wasn't working right: it was just used, with perhaps a couple of tiny dents. Oh, and a signature half-inch scratch along the left-hand side of the rear bumper.

And of course, Seattle traffic around these parts wasn't any good either. The white Impala spent a good amount of time waiting around blockages caused by other vehicles on the road and people wandering around. It wasn't like police officers enforced traffic laws anyhow, unless they saw a good opportunity in it. It was practically a Grand Theft Auto game.

But of course, he'd found himself at work. He followed the same kind of procedure that most everyone at the precinct followed: store away what you could bring inside of your cruiser first, or strap it to your person for intimidation factor. Cal chose the first option; he got a few looks from other officers, who's only claim to their status was the presence of a badge somewhere on their person. Most officers wore at least the blue shirt, if not deformed with bandoliers and cowls. Detectives and Sergeants who didn't want to wear a blue shirt generally went for a paramilitary look: their casual clothes were topped with spare equipment to make them look distinctively like the thugs that they used to hunt. Used to.

So, the routine had continued: settle into the 'desk' for a short amount of time after checking in, relieve the late-night shift, and get to work after receiving a briefing from the Sector 11 patrol Lieutenant. A few sneers were casually directed at 'the Golden Boy' as well. It was nothing unusual.

Now...
Patrolling the streets, Sector 11

But right now, living in the present, the patrol lived on. It was actually rather solemn to patrol alone, and Cal longed for the Glory Days in which his old Sergeant gave him as much instruction as he needed to get by. Heck, that was back when he looked up to others for reference on how to best represent the department. Nowadays, he was always looking down.

Like everything about his duty-life, the squad car visualized professionalism. It was a Dodge Charger, one of the batch of vehicles that had been ordered by the Department but a few years ago following the successful testing done by similar models. It lacked the distinctive, older appearance of the Crown Victoria's that a lot of the other officers still used; instead of a light blue with a white stripe along the side trim, it was a highly sleek black-'n-white. Almost lost some of the charm, really. And it was equally representative of the age that he lived in.

He'd taken the best care he could after everything changed: he treated the vehicle 'with respect' by avoiding damage, and there weren't any more graffiti attempts. Those all stopped when rumors about Seattle officers beating a graffiti artist to death after he tagged their vehicle with spray paint. Cal never doubted that the story was true, and he was thankful that the only deterioration his vehicle had gotten was dirt and the occasional paint-slosh. Those always washed away with a hose, or they generally did.

And right about now, he'd been sitting at the stop for a few minutes. Traffic was pouring across, leaking onto the other street, and so Cal had time to watch around. He occasionally checked in with dispatch on the new radio system, updated from the Glory Days when things actually worked. Funnily enough, he wasn't the only officer in the area: he thought he saw a pair of East Patrol officers, one of them openly brandishing a shotgun, heading through the crowds on one of the sidewalks. Other than that, there didn't really seem to be a whole lot at the moment.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:07 am

Sector 5 - Crash

Jake is in Crash, one of few social places he can blends with. It's a place where people will not notice of one another, unless they have businesses together. He's wearing a white shirt underneath the black jacket as well as black pants that he used as well. He did just ordered a beer, and its gold. The color of beer is gold. There's this motif that he used to expressed his motivations for sometimes. What he did now, however, is for something of his friends. There's been rumors of Manticore men and women who tried to do their dirty jobs as usual. He needs to take care of this, and spread it to the public, but it will be hard for sure. He is in Crash, to look for the reliable signal of his tablet phone. He then, will use the signal to connect with the laptop he has in his apartment in Sector 6, synchronize with it for an automatic control from far.

If he can, due to the times of shortage and out of power in Seattle.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Whittington wrote:
"In regards to your siblings, they are to be captured alive. You may only terminate if you fear you are in eminent danger. Our goal is to capture and bring them back into our family. Hopefully through re-education, they'll be able to rejoin the ranks alongside you." Claire said as she gazed at her computer screen, lover looking the schematics and possible locations for interaction within Sector 3." 293, I want you to duck in and out of hole in the wall restaurants and small shops. If you d encounter one your siblings, do not engage, that's where 112 will come in handy." Claire said as she shifted her attention to 112. "I want you to follow them, use your abilities to cloak yourself into the background. Follow them home. 442, along with myself and a small team will then take them in the night."

Claire got up from her desk and led the three down into the garages of Manitocre and into a room full of supplies and equipment. "Here you will all you need to aid you in our mission. Take what you need, and report to me when you're ready. We'll be leaving in 20 minutes." Claire said she wen to change into civilian clothing to better blend in with the populace.

X5-293 and the others
"Understood," 293 said with a nod and surveyed the various equipment provided. Granted it wasn't much, but each had its own uses. 442 didn't waste a moment, taking a couple of silenced pistols and hid it under his shirt. Hastily, he grabbed for a few buds smaller than a standard pill, giving each of the X-Series who then placed it in their ears. The device hummed to lift quietly. 112 exited the area and moved out, presumably to the vehicle that would drive them into Seattle. Taking a few (clean) but ragged looking clothes, 293 changed into them, along with a cruddy looking hat that made her look positively like a vagrant. Somehow this was supposed to blend in, 293 didn't personally understand. But nor was she meant to anyway. Do the mission and get out and that was all that was needed. Glancing at 442, the man looked a bit more clean, something she saw once in a magazine.

"Got something on your mind 293?" 442 grinned slyly.

The Asian X5 rolled her eyes, "Good thing you're a different series, 442, I feel a little cleaner knowing that," she smirked.

442 chuckled, shaking his head and left her be to get ready.

It would be another 10 minutes before everything was set. With the costume, she was able to get in a couple of weapons and even a tranq. How effective that would be was another matter, but if they were going to take down any X-Series without backup, it was better than nothing. Out to the front, a car that seen better days, but functional was ready. 293 nodded to her teammates and stood at attention the moment she realized that Claire was standing the whole time. How'd she do that?, 293 wondered.

"Ready ma'am."

Aiden/X5-458
Border of Sectors 3 & 11

Dusk had settled like a fingers to a glove. It was barely noticeable and why should it have been considering the rainy weather. Aiden had left his bike with Roberta who said to claim it back at Crash. Fine with him, this was a standard recon mission that had popped by without anyone noticing during his shift. A man who'd seen better days with his bloodshot eyes and foul stench had walked in, took a seat and much to Aiden's revulsion at the sight, knew who he was looking at and grudgingly took his order along with the message that came with it.

The task was simple enough, scout the area for potential Manticore activity. Word through the network was that Eyes was aware something was happening, what with small changes in police shifts, a few that Eyes knew they could be paid off to turn a blind eye. In fact, a couple dozen were paid off, each at different shift intervals but more than enough for Manticore to slip through.

Tugging his jacket more securely, Aiden looked around quickly before pulling the hood over his head and crossed the umpteenth street since his departure from the Eatery. He wondered how long this would take. Recon was usually fast, but he knew Eyes like to be thorough. Perhaps it was just a shift change, putting the worst of the police force here (like they really needed that) and leaving the well-off Sectors for the finest. Now that would be easy living, Aiden thought to himself. He'd never been to those sectors and wondered how different it could be.

Coming up on the Checkpoint that separated the Sectors, Aiden looked around and turned a corner after a minute, moving through the alley and quickly jumped on a building and headed for the rooftop. Once on the roof, he looked out to the nearest building. No average human could do this, and the fence that separated the Sectors were tall enough to spoil anyone's hopes anyway. Aiden bit back a smile. He took a few steps back, looking at his footing, distance and took another few steps back. He fidgeted for a moment, making some last minute calculations before taking off in a blinding rush to the edge and launched himself right at the top of the fence. The wind howled in his ears as he kept his eyes upon the fence and with outstretched hands closing in on the fence; Aiden grabbed it and using his momentum, spun his body forward, propelling him forward toward the next rooftop. He landed with a thud upon the surface in a kneeling position, catching his breath that he didn't realize he held until now. Looking up, he surveyed the area quickly before moving down and into Sector 11.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Helena

Helena unhurriedly got dressed as she prepared to visit Abstergo. Her mind had thought of many things regarding her conversation with Abstergo. The woman had enough plans, including economic machinations, to talk about while gathering every bit of information she could suck in for Eyes Only. Helena posed as a pseudo-ally for Abstergo, while being a harmless neutral side for Manticore, both of which were oblivious to her true motives. Eyes Only, meanwhile, supposedly trusted Helena, but all she could do was blindly believe that they would actually gather the information she gives them instead of thinking its a misleading of some sort; Helena never got rid of the assumption that she was dropping notes into a sinkhole rather than someone's hands.

The red-haired woman put on her graceful, airy and unsurprisingly English coat as she looked into the mirror, admiring her own strikingly green eyes which were in a constant dance with her almost unnatural red hair; this gave Helena an almost otherworldly and alien look that should have made her stand out in the crowd, instead somehow making her blend in. Her black heels were not very high, but made her look a little too elegant.

Another plan Helena had thought on was possible attempts to further the conflict between Manticore and Abstergo. This was something that contained too much risk for her, and Helena never did actions that contained risk. The main problem being the way she would further this plan; anything that was too edgy would cause suspicion to fall on her. If she were to go through with this, she'd have to be extremely careful with her words, more careful than she ever was. A single mistake would lead to the downfall of her 'Swiss Neutrality' mirage. Especially if it was Manticore who would unveil Helena's insides and peel off her skin. It could become potentially dangerous for her, especially if the higher seats were the ones to do this. Claire, for one, was a woman who wouldn't even blink should she have to shoot Helena. Of course, she wouldn't do this lest she has a clear, obvious and supported by just enough evidence reason. But Helena judged Claire as a pretty unpredictable person, from what she could gather of the woman's psychology the very few times she even encountered her.

Should something ever happen, however, Helena always had a few exits.

Helena slipped a black envelope into her coat, the letter inside encrypted the hardest solvable mathematical formulas that could only be cracked by a genius or- Eyes Only. There were a few points in the city where she would leave these messages, but they were almost always different to ensure the smallest risk of discovery possible. The letter contained Helena's deepest thoughts as well as certain questions for EO regarding their approval or anything they deemed important for her to 'notice'. Should there be a reply letter, it would be dropped at the same place where Helena's letter would be left.

Opening her lavish apartment's door, Helena went on to the elevator on her regular walk around the city.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Aiden/X5-458
Border of Sectors 3 & 11

Dusk had settled like a fingers to a glove. It was barely noticeable and why should it have been considering the rainy weather. Aiden had left his bike with Roberta who said to claim it back at Crash. Fine with him, this was a standard recon mission that had popped by without anyone noticing during his shift. A man who'd seen better days with his bloodshot eyes and foul stench had walked in, took a seat and much to Aiden's revulsion at the sight, knew who he was looking at and grudgingly took his order along with the message that came with it.

The task was simple enough, scout the area for potential Manticore activity. Word through the network was that Eyes was aware something was happening, what with small changes in police shifts, a few that Eyes knew they could be paid off to turn a blind eye. In fact, a couple dozen were paid off, each at different shift intervals but more than enough for Manticore to slip through.

Tugging his jacket more securely, Aiden looked around quickly before pulling the hood over his head and crossed the umpteenth street since his departure from the Eatery. He wondered how long this would take. Recon was usually fast, but he knew Eyes like to be thorough. Perhaps it was just a shift change, putting the worst of the police force here (like they really needed that) and leaving the well-off Sectors for the finest. Now that would be easy living, Aiden thought to himself. He'd never been to those sectors and wondered how different it could be.

Coming up on the Checkpoint that separated the Sectors, Aiden looked around and turned a corner after a minute, moving through the alley and quickly jumped on a building and headed for the rooftop. Once on the roof, he looked out to the nearest building. No average human could do this, and the fence that separated the Sectors were tall enough to spoil anyone's hopes anyway. Aiden bit back a smile. He took a few steps back, looking at his footing, distance and took another few steps back. He fidgeted for a moment, making some last minute calculations before taking off in a blinding rush to the edge and launched himself right at the top of the fence. The wind howled in his ears as he kept his eyes upon the fence and with outstretched hands closing in on the fence; Aiden grabbed it and using his momentum, spun his body forward, propelling him forward toward the next rooftop. He landed with a thud upon the surface in a kneeling position, catching his breath that he didn't realize he held until now. Looking up, he surveyed the area quickly before moving down and into Sector 11.

On the Sector 3/11 Border
East Denny Way, Sector 11

The time spent here kept going, and going, and going; this was practically a really boring break period for Cal, whom was becoming annoyed at having to wait for traffic to flow. The smaller streets didn't combine well with the presence of a 'checkpoint' here. Of course, the term 'checkpoint' was fairly loose because it was no better than a very large prison fence with a few people simply stopping vehicles and then letting them go through depending on their mood.

There wasn't seemingly any real discretion to it: officers tried to shake down drivers of nicer-looking vehicles by asking for "Sector-Maintenance Tolls" and "Sector Passage Cards", both of which ended up in drivers being forced to pay varying sums of money. Some vehicles got through without being stopped at all, which was obviously annoying many of the drivers. Of course, what could they do? The police officers were openly armed, and wouldn't hesitate to put any of them down for the slightest infraction.

Besides, the fences were too large. And even though Cal knew that he shouldn't be thinking like this, he also knew that any attempt to cross over them would result in failure: they weren't barbed, but they were too high to do anything about. Heck, even with the officers distracted with moving vehicles and drivers paying more attention to the block-up, there wasn't nearly enough leverage for anyone to successfully pass on over-...

...The fences: someone just passed over them. Wait, hold on: was that really true? Cal had to wait a few moments to confirm that he'd seen a figure actually jump from a rooftop, use the fence as a way to propel themselves, and then passed over onto the next building. It was a daring accusation, and he wasn't sure if his eyes weren't playing tricks. Didn't anyone else notice it? No, everyone else wasn't looking high enough. Besides, it was off to the side and away from the checkpoint. There wasn't a way anyone important would've noticed it.

But at the same time, he had noticed it. Spotting the figure again, Cal witnessed him stand up from kneeling, and start to climb down into a back alley. At least this time, he was sure that this wasn't a trick of the mind. And whatever his fears about dealing with a seemingly-superhuman criminal, this was at least something that he could justify with hunting down. Besides, it was this or sitting at the front of the line in traffic.

The call made to dispatch was quick: the clunky radio system soon rang with his voice. "Dispatch, David zero-nine," the computer codes placed a robotic tune and emphasis on the words. "Reporting have a nine-fifty-one, checkpoint jumper southbound on East Denny Way. Requesting five-ten, over." The request for assistance was hoping, though Cal felt that any backup sent his way likely wouldn't be helpful in the least.

"David zero-nine, Dispatch. No nine-fifty-one called in by David Patrol checkpoints, can you confirm?" Well, at least Cal could still peak at the checkpoint and see that the officers hadn't even been paying attention. Not one of them was even on a radio.

"Dispatch, unit confirms. Moving to Code 3," he finally announced and swished his hand over to the lightbar controls. Suddenly, at the head of traffic, the emergency lights on the charger went on: the red, white and blue combination blazed in the daylight as if the sun had been destroyed. The siren immediately followed.

It was as if luck had smiled upon Cal; the traffic flow immediately stopped and changed over to his lane just as he was flipping the emergency lights on. The Dispatch caller's voice pinged with stress and overwork, calling out to units in the area and asking for assistance. Not that it'd mean much anyways: most of the heads were turning from the sudden deployment of the 'Rozzers'.

The Charger roared forwards from its halted position, leaving behind a stream of suddenly-awake drivers wondering what on Earth was going on. It crossed over the intersection and stopped at the mark of the first building: thankfully, the traffic had cleared out on this portion of the street, slightly away from the intersection. Though there were still people hanging around, staring at the police car suddenly pull up almost in the front of the alley (blocking off the opposing lane by crossing over). Cal's actions on-foot weren't much behind either: his seatbelt was undone quickly, and the hip-holstered Glock was being pulled out right as the door flung open. Aiden would be within clear line-of-sight within the alley, though he could both escape to the other side or try to duck within one of the backroom doors to the twin buildings.
Last edited by Erucia on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:04 am

Erucia wrote:
Easy Denny Way, Sector 11
Officer Caleb 'Cal' Tanner[/color][/b]

The time spent here kept going, and going, and going; this was practically a really boring break period for Cal, whom was becoming annoyed at having to wait for traffic to flow. The smaller streets didn't combine well with the presence of a 'checkpoint' here. Of course, the term 'checkpoint' was fairly loose because it was no better than a very large prison fence with a few people simply stopping vehicles and then letting them go through depending on their mood.

There wasn't seemingly any real discretion to it: officers tried to shake down drivers of nicer-looking vehicles by asking for "Sector-Maintenance Tolls" and "Sector Passage Cards", both of which ended up in drivers being forced to pay varying sums of money. Some vehicles got through without being stopped at all, which was obviously annoying many of the drivers. Of course, what could they do? The police officers were openly armed, and wouldn't hesitate to put any of them down for the slightest infraction.

Besides, the fences were too large. And even though Cal knew that he shouldn't be thinking like this, he also knew that any attempt to cross over them would result in failure: they weren't barbed, but they were too high to do anything about. Heck, even with the officers distracted with moving vehicles and drivers paying more attention to the block-up, there wasn't nearly enough leverage for anyone to successfully pass on over-...

...The fences: someone just passed over them. Wait, hold on: was that really true? Cal had to wait a few moments to confirm that he'd seen a figure actually jump from a rooftop, use the fence as a way to propel themselves, and then passed over onto the next building. It was a daring accusation, and he wasn't sure if his eyes weren't playing tricks. Didn't anyone else notice it? No, everyone else wasn't looking high enough. Besides, it was off to the side and away from the checkpoint. There wasn't a way anyone important would've noticed it.

But at the same time, he had noticed it. Spotting the figure again, Cal witnessed him stand up from kneeling, and start to climb down into a back alley. At least this time, he was sure that this wasn't a trick of the mind. And whatever his fears about dealing with a seemingly-superhuman criminal, this was at least something that he could justify with hunting down. Besides, it was this or sitting at the front of the line in traffic.

The call made to dispatch was quick: the clunky radio system soon rang with his voice. "Dispatch, David zero-nine," the computer codes placed a robotic tune and emphasis on the words. "Reporting have a nine-fifty-one, checkpoint jumper southbound on East Denny Way. Requesting five-ten, over." The request for assistance was hoping, though Cal felt that any backup sent his way likely wouldn't be helpful in the least.

"David zero-nine, Dispatch. No nine-fifty-one called in by David Patrol checkpoints, can you confirm?" Well, at least Cal could still peak at the checkpoint and see that the officers hadn't even been paying attention. Not one of them was even on a radio.

"Dispatch, unit confirms. Moving to Code 3," he finally announced and swished his hand over to the lightbar controls. Suddenly, at the head of traffic, the emergency lights on the charger went on: the red, white and blue combination blazed in the daylight as if the sun had been destroyed. The siren immediately followed.

It was as if luck had smiled upon Cal; the traffic flow immediately stopped and changed over to his lane just as he was flipping the emergency lights on. The Dispatch caller's voice pinged with stress and overwork, calling out to units in the area and asking for assistance. Not that it'd mean much anyways: most of the heads were turning from the sudden deployment of the 'Rozzers'.

The Charger roared forwards from its halted position, leaving behind a stream of suddenly-awake drivers wondering what on Earth was going on. It crossed over the intersection and stopped at the mark of the first building: thankfully, the traffic had cleared out on this portion of the street, slightly away from the intersection. Though there were still people hanging around, staring at the police car suddenly pull up almost in the front of the alley (blocking off the opposing lane by crossing over). Cal's actions on-foot weren't much behind either: his seatbelt was undone quickly, and the hip-holstered Glock was being pulled out right as the door flung open. Aiden would be within clear line-of-sight within the alley, though he could both escape to the other side or try to duck within one of the backroom doors to the twin buildings.

Aiden/X5-458
Sector 11
Alleyway

That can't be, there wasn't anyone that could've noticed, Aiden thought to himself in a rush of instant panic when his enhanced hearing and eyesight registered the commanding presence of a man who all but screamed of 'authority'. How could he have misjudged? There was hardly anyone at the checkpoints and there was simply no way any of the police force would even take a consideration at looking upward.

Matters little now, move! Aiden would scramble for the nearest door, no longer interested in revealing any more of his features; he was just lucky there wasn't a hover drone in the area at this time to take a full picture of him for proper identification. While hover drones chose at random, Aiden had never chanced such things and had kept out of its way to avoid ever being put into the system. It had worked for the most part, but now having the obvious lights of SPD shining and his face clearly seen in momentary panic, he was sure to be at least put on a 'wanted' ad for evading the police.

Fuck this, one thing at a time, the X5 reminded himself. It wasn't uncommon for the usual thugs to reappear in a different sector. Eyes could handle that for him, and since they had a couple of key people in SPD, it wouldn't likely be an issue. That all depended on how fast Aiden could get way though. The young X5 kicked down a door, not waiting for any command to halt his escape and took the door by its hinges in one smooth kick. The flimsy door flew backward and landed with a loud thud, Aiden rushing into the building with all contingency to hop buildings that would undoubtedly make the cop stop in his tracks and give up.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:30 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Sector 5 - Crash

Jake is in Crash, one of few social places he can blends with. It's a place where people will not notice of one another, unless they have businesses together. He's wearing a white shirt underneath the black jacket as well as black pants that he used as well. He did just ordered a beer, and its gold. The color of beer is gold. There's this motif that he used to expressed his motivations for sometimes. What he did now, however, is for something of his friends. There's been rumors of Manticore men and women who tried to do their dirty jobs as usual. He needs to take care of this, and spread it to the public, but it will be hard for sure. He is in Crash, to look for the reliable signal of his tablet phone. He then, will use the signal to connect with the laptop he has in his apartment in Sector 6, synchronize with it for an automatic control from far.

If he can, due to the times of shortage and out of power in Seattle.

Sector 5 - Streets

Some lists of various suspicious officials at the SPD is on his list now, as a successful part of his perfect attempt to got signal from Crash and to his laptop in his apartment, then he hacked through the list of SPD officers and compare it with the list of cases in the past 5 years, and these officials were showed up as the important officials. They may be part of Manticore or Abstergo. Nothing sure about it. All he can do now is to find whether they are the bad guys or just some corrupt officials. SPD is the law enforcement in Seattle, and maybe it can be better or worse now, now with the government crumbled into pieces and corrupt generals sold weapons to the enemies of USA. He looked on the alleyway as he walked upon the street. There, he saw an official on the list of the suspicious, with two of his men walking down the alleyway.

It may be a good time to expose their cover. Jack looked behind a wall for awhile, looking at them from behind, far far away. His brother, Brad is unreachable. It said that he's still on his way back to Seattle, he's been transferred to Seattle. He started walking slowly behind them, while pulling out a cigarette and lit it up and put it in his lips, to cover his move.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Aiden/X5-458
Sector 11
Alleyway

That can't be, there wasn't anyone that could've noticed, Aiden thought to himself in a rush of instant panic when his enhanced hearing and eyesight registered the commanding presence of a man who all but screamed of 'authority'. How could he have misjudged? There was hardly anyone at the checkpoints and there was simply no way any of the police force would even take a consideration at looking upward.

Matters little now, move! Aiden would scramble for the nearest door, no longer interested in revealing any more of his features; he was just lucky there wasn't a hover drone in the area at this time to take a full picture of him for proper identification. While hover drones chose at random, Aiden had never chanced such things and had kept out of its way to avoid ever being put into the system. It had worked for the most part, but now having the obvious lights of SPD shining and his face clearly seen in momentary panic, he was sure to be at least put on a 'wanted' ad for evading the police.

Fuck this, one thing at a time, the X5 reminded himself. It wasn't uncommon for the usual thugs to reappear in a different sector. Eyes could handle that for him, and since they had a couple of key people in SPD, it wouldn't likely be an issue. That all depended on how fast Aiden could get way though. The young X5 kicked down a door, not waiting for any command to halt his escape and took the door by its hinges in one smooth kick. The flimsy door flew backward and landed with a loud thud, Aiden rushing into the building with all contingency to hop buildings that would undoubtedly make the cop stop in his tracks and give up.

Alleyway Police Chase

Cal had barely been given enough time to throw himself out of the vehicle and behind the cover of his cruiser's door before the suspect/Aiden immediately choose to enter in through a doorway. Watching the door fly open with seemingly no effort on the part of Aiden, Cal's bewilderment was there but immediately took second place to the chase at hand. As far as Cal was concerned, Aiden's powers made him an even more dangerous threat: who knew what Aiden was even thinking of doing?

"Dispatch, suspect moving into apartment block! I need that backup now or I'm going to loose him!", Cal tightly gripped his Glock in his right hand as he carted around his opened door and picked up pace: he was now trying to follow Aiden at a jogging pace, not wanting to burn himself out sprinting at this time. His left hand barely clutched the microphone attached to his handheld radio, and he soon placed it back into its place.

The building that Aiden had entered into was a four-story brick apartment block connected to the East Denny Way/Bellevue Avenue crossing: in other words, crossing the street and jumping over a few similar buildings meant that Aiden could reach the I-5 that ran through downtown Seattle. The benefit of the I-5 was that it was too crowded to place police checkpoints on: rather, checkpoints rested on important entrance/exit ramps and drone/traffic police combinations patrolled the crowded interstate. Around this time of the day, it would be suffering the usual backups: this meant that cars could easily be used as platforms to jump on, and thus it turned into a foot chase of sorts.

The building's interior cleanly stated that it was an abandoned one: its conditions were obviously decaying, making it look like a Rio slum more-so than a Seattle apartment. Few people were out in the halls, but that didn't mean that they were cleared out. Some dirtied individuals sat and laid down inside of the hallways, away from the locked doors of the 'tenants' who placed their garbage out in the hallways. Buildings like this typically relied on their own tenants to keep them running, which meant varying qualities in life: this apartment obviously just shuffled its garbage out onto the streets, and very likely had little to no running water.

The stairwell, however, was generally kept clear: it could be used to reach the top floor, and from there the access stairway to the roof of the building. Aiden would have earlier spotted that the rooftop had a collection of sheet-metal shacks and garbage mounts, which would both hinder and support his getaway efforts. On the other hand, he could also make an escape through the building's entrance onto the street. This, despite its allowance to confuse Cal, would easily plant Aiden in full-view of pedestrians and possibly other police officers. If he'd mapped out the area before jumping, he'd know that Bellevue Avenue had a significantly smaller checkpoint with about 1-2 officers at a time who generally allowed traffic to flow freely: this meant that Aiden could use cars as a diversion to prevent a footchase.

Still, the decision would have to be fast for Aiden: Cal was closing the distant quickly, and would be on him within a maximum of a half-dozen seconds. The shout of "Police, stop!" would solidify that notion.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Erucia wrote:
Alleyway Police Chase

Cal had barely been given enough time to throw himself out of the vehicle and behind the cover of his cruiser's door before the suspect/Aiden immediately choose to enter in through a doorway. Watching the door fly open with seemingly no effort on the part of Aiden, Cal's bewilderment was there but immediately took second place to the chase at hand. As far as Cal was concerned, Aiden's powers made him an even more dangerous threat: who knew what Aiden was even thinking of doing?

"Dispatch, suspect moving into apartment block! I need that backup now or I'm going to loose him!", Cal tightly gripped his Glock in his right hand as he carted around his opened door and picked up pace: he was now trying to follow Aiden at a jogging pace, not wanting to burn himself out sprinting at this time. His left hand barely clutched the microphone attached to his handheld radio, and he soon placed it back into its place.

The building that Aiden had entered into was a four-story brick apartment block connected to the East Denny Way/Bellevue Avenue crossing: in other words, crossing the street and jumping over a few similar buildings meant that Aiden could reach the I-5 that ran through downtown Seattle. The benefit of the I-5 was that it was too crowded to place police checkpoints on: rather, checkpoints rested on important entrance/exit ramps and drone/traffic police combinations patrolled the crowded interstate. Around this time of the day, it would be suffering the usual backups: this meant that cars could easily be used as platforms to jump on, and thus it turned into a foot chase of sorts.

The building's interior cleanly stated that it was an abandoned one: its conditions were obviously decaying, making it look like a Rio slum more-so than a Seattle apartment. Few people were out in the halls, but that didn't mean that they were cleared out. Some dirtied individuals sat and laid down inside of the hallways, away from the locked doors of the 'tenants' who placed their garbage out in the hallways. Buildings like this typically relied on their own tenants to keep them running, which meant varying qualities in life: this apartment obviously just shuffled its garbage out onto the streets, and very likely had little to no running water.

The stairwell, however, was generally kept clear: it could be used to reach the top floor, and from there the access stairway to the roof of the building. Aiden would have earlier spotted that the rooftop had a collection of sheet-metal shacks and garbage mounts, which would both hinder and support his getaway efforts. On the other hand, he could also make an escape through the building's entrance onto the street. This, despite its allowance to confuse Cal, would easily plant Aiden in full-view of pedestrians and possibly other police officers. If he'd mapped out the area before jumping, he'd know that Bellevue Avenue had a significantly smaller checkpoint with about 1-2 officers at a time who generally allowed traffic to flow freely: this meant that Aiden could use cars as a diversion to prevent a footchase.

Still, the decision would have to be fast for Aiden: Cal was closing the distant quickly, and would be on him within a maximum of a half-dozen seconds. The shout of "Police, stop!" would solidify that notion.

Take the freeway. Cars. Rush hour at time time. Too many faces. No.
Take the streets. Police are likely to be out. People are everywhere. Too many faces. No.
Jump across... what the hell is all this shit? I can't jump this!
Or...

Aiden had rounded the corner and up to the rooftop in blinding speed having decided to taking the last option while keeping the distance he still had on the police officer for as long as possible. Freeways were out of the question, streets were also and the jump - now that he had a good look - to the next building wasn't possible. Even if he were to make it, he'd likely break his legs in the attempt. No, there had to be a different way to go about this and the only one the X5 could think about went against his training and Eyes Only's standards.

For him, he was programmed from the get go not to defy authority. Naturally, that hadn't really sunk it - he was a renegade after all. But Aiden still respected authority, and the man after him was likely just doing his job. Eyes Only, if they ever found out, would likely never have any affiliation with him and Aiden would find himself alone, without any resources or allies because of it. But what choice was there? He hadn't anticipated any one to notice his jump across the sector.

Next time, we do this at midnight. This was careless of you, he scolded himself and took a breath after. He looked around quickly, already hearing the footfalls of the police officer right behind, stomping upon the stairs in increasingly louder repetitions. He hid behind, the footfalls of his own feet became silent. One strike, that was all he would need to incapacitate the officer and then make a run for it. If the man called for back up, it would only take a few distractions to get their attention elsewhere while he slipped through unnoticed. Right now, though, Aiden only had one target, and he hoped this wouldn't take more than a handful of seconds.

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Helena

Helena unhurriedly got dressed as she prepared to visit Abstergo. Her mind had thought of many things regarding her conversation with Abstergo. The woman had enough plans, including economic machinations, to talk about while gathering every bit of information she could suck in for Eyes Only. Helena posed as a pseudo-ally for Abstergo, while being a harmless neutral side for Manticore, both of which were oblivious to her true motives. Eyes Only, meanwhile, supposedly trusted Helena, but all she could do was blindly believe that they would actually gather the information she gives them instead of thinking its a misleading of some sort; Helena never got rid of the assumption that she was dropping notes into a sinkhole rather than someone's hands.

The red-haired woman put on her graceful, airy and unsurprisingly English coat as she looked into the mirror, admiring her own strikingly green eyes which were in a constant dance with her almost unnatural red hair; this gave Helena an almost otherworldly and alien look that should have made her stand out in the crowd, instead somehow making her blend in. Her black heels were not very high, but made her look a little too elegant.

Another plan Helena had thought on was possible attempts to further the conflict between Manticore and Abstergo. This was something that contained too much risk for her, and Helena never did actions that contained risk. The main problem being the way she would further this plan; anything that was too edgy would cause suspicion to fall on her. If she were to go through with this, she'd have to be extremely careful with her words, more careful than she ever was. A single mistake would lead to the downfall of her 'Swiss Neutrality' mirage. Especially if it was Manticore who would unveil Helena's insides and peel off her skin. It could become potentially dangerous for her, especially if the higher seats were the ones to do this. Claire, for one, was a woman who wouldn't even blink should she have to shoot Helena. Of course, she wouldn't do this lest she has a clear, obvious and supported by just enough evidence reason. But Helena judged Claire as a pretty unpredictable person, from what she could gather of the woman's psychology the very few times she even encountered her.

Should something ever happen, however, Helena always had a few exits.

Helena slipped a black envelope into her coat, the letter inside encrypted the hardest solvable mathematical formulas that could only be cracked by a genius or- Eyes Only. There were a few points in the city where she would leave these messages, but they were almost always different to ensure the smallest risk of discovery possible. The letter contained Helena's deepest thoughts as well as certain questions for EO regarding their approval or anything they deemed important for her to 'notice'. Should there be a reply letter, it would be dropped at the same place where Helena's letter would be left.

Opening her lavish apartment's door, Helena went on to the elevator on her regular walk around the city.

A man in his early 30s would pace behind her for a few minutes, blending with the crowd that was the city night life. He had already spotted her since she had come to his purview, having been informed that Helena had some inquiries that needed clarification. He alone wasn't sure if he'd be able to answer, but someone in Eyes Only felt that he was sufficient enough to handle an otherwise easy task. Dressed as simply as the rest of the citizens of Seattle, the man didn't look anymore out of place than the rest of the folks on the street. Helena, however, stood out (in his opinion), considering her dress style that garnered more than a few second glances her way. She seemed oblivious to it, or simply didn't care.

It posed a problem for him, then, to simply walk beside her and have a casual stroll while addressing Helena's concerns. It mattered little now, he surmised, as he would need to report back soon and having come up empty usually was frowned upon. He quickened his strides, easily catching up with the woman and slowed his speed to match her pace. It was a bit awkward, he was at least a full head taller than she was and therefore his stride seemed awkward at the adaptation.

"Lovely night this evening," he casually greeted her while keeping his eyes on the street before them while people simply moved out of their way. She didn't seem to register his greeting, but he continued nonetheless, "Word through the grapevine has it you're in need of a few answers. I assume this would be a short stroll, so we best get on with it."
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Take the freeway. Cars. Rush hour at time time. Too many faces. No.
Take the streets. Police are likely to be out. People are everywhere. Too many faces. No.
Jump across... what the hell is all this shit? I can't jump this!
Or...

Aiden had rounded the corner and up to the rooftop in blinding speed having decided to taking the last option while keeping the distance he still had on the police officer for as long as possible. Freeways were out of the question, streets were also and the jump - now that he had a good look - to the next building wasn't possible. Even if he were to make it, he'd likely break his legs in the attempt. No, there had to be a different way to go about this and the only one the X5 could think about went against his training and Eyes Only's standards.

For him, he was programmed from the get go not to defy authority. Naturally, that hadn't really sunk it - he was a renegade after all. But Aiden still respected authority, and the man after him was likely just doing his job. Eyes Only, if they ever found out, would likely never have any affiliation with him and Aiden would find himself alone, without any resources or allies because of it. But what choice was there? He hadn't anticipated any one to notice his jump across the sector.

Next time, we do this at midnight. This was careless of you, he scolded himself and took a breath after. He looked around quickly, already hearing the footfalls of the police officer right behind, stomping upon the stairs in increasingly louder repetitions. He hid behind, the footfalls of his own feet became silent. One strike, that was all he would need to incapacitate the officer and then make a run for it. If the man called for back up, it would only take a few distractions to get their attention elsewhere while he slipped through unnoticed. Right now, though, Aiden only had one target, and he hoped this wouldn't take more than a handful of seconds.

Stairwell Police Chase
1816 Bellevue Avenue, Sector 11

Sirens, there were sirens coming closer. Meant that there was at least one backup unit coming, and judging by the noises emitting from his handheld radio, there was at least one unit coming up. 'David Zero-Three', Cal thought he heard. That was Officer Pickering and Detective Tam: he knew that Pickering was decent, from what interactions he'd had, but he was generally submissive to Tam's more illicit suggestions. Those 'suggestions' included stealing valuables from criminals and crime scenes, Cal knew that at the very least.

He also thought he heard that the traffic flowing into the area was being blocked off by the checkpoints, but he couldn't hear it clearly at the moment. His mind was on the chase at hand, not to mention the fact that his duty jacket still partially covered his radio as it flapped around from all the running. Thankfully, his cap had stayed snugly on his head, and he was left to keep storming in the direction of Aiden. Cal tried to move as fast as he could, since he knew that his suspect was apparently superhuman. Of course, he wasn't stupid either: he remembered the dangers of this, and considering that Aiden would be willing to run from police, he was also likely willing to fight.

But when Cal heard the footsteps ahead of him stop, and he could only hear his own stomping, he slowed down: either the suspect had reached the door to the roof and gone straight through, or he had stopped at the entrance and was preparing an ambush. Either way, that wasn't good: Cal didn't get a shot of the rooftop on his time down on the street, so he had no idea what conditions awaited him there. If the homeless individuals and bunches of trash he'd stepped over in the hallways were any telling, the roof likely would be a bad place to have a fight. Especially with a superhuman, freak of nature, or whatever the heck he was facing.

There, he could see the doorway onto the roof: it was standing completely open, and there were bunched-up shacks. He couldn't see any reflection, but the rooftop entrance easily meant that the suspect could have gone to the left or the right. That was likely an unintentional design advantage (or flaw, in Cal's case) that the building's constructors had not foreseen, but whomever had built the shacks on the roof had recognized this and built to accommodate and even help it.

If he stormed up there as normal, there was no telling what waited him. Aiden could have a gun, knife, needle, baton, flashlight, or even just his bare fists prepared to harm him. The sounds of the sirens from outside were strong now: Cal thought he heard a vehicle screeching to a halt, but he wasn't sure. And if he went up there with his gun drawn at full-length, the suspect could take it away from him and disarm him: that would not be good. Worse yet was that Cal carried his backup in a shoulder-holster: it had a disorientating quick-strobe effect, but there wasn't much time to change to the Sig. He just made sure to be ready to prevent Aiden from stealing it.

Of course, there was one more option available to him: he had the advantage of time now, and he still had other units available to support him. They'd likely spot the suspect's movements if he tried to jump, and even if the suspect didn't, the waiting game was still one that the police would win. What did his sergeant, and his instructor back before he was a Cadet, say to him? 'Always wait for backup, don't go storming into an alley alone.' Well, this wasn't an alley, but it was sensible: quarantine the area off, and close in with extreme caution. So, Cal took the option.

He stopped at the foot of the stairwell leading up to the roof: he had a view of the opening, of course, and his gun was trained at full-length. The distance would be about two meters (more or less), so he had distance on his side. But with no clue as to what side the suspect was coming from, Cal instead chose to stick to the cover he had: he leaned against the wall, which would be on the right side of the stairs from Aiden's view. This meant that Cal had light cover if he was shot at from his left, and a clear shot on anything that stuck out from his right.

"Seattle Police Department; come out with your hands behind your head. If you turn yourself in, you'll make this easy for yourself," Cal spoke out loudly, though he wasn't yelling. The tone was authoritative, but the soothing scent throbbed out in his voice. "Let's make sure that nobody gets hurt and that we can all end this situation safely and peacefully!" That last line was a bit more of Cal's fear talking, but he hoped that it didn't show.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:"Charming little cafe wouldn't you agree?" Ophelia greeted lightly, her British accent unmistakable. Her baritone voice while deep was delicate and strong enough to carry to the other table to the woman who took her seat like she didn't quite belong her, much like Ophelia. The middle aged woman took a sip of her tea before settling the delicate white cup upon its saucer and wrapped her hands around the semi-warm cup. She looked up to the woman then and gave her a smile that didn't quite reach all to her eyes, and held back a level of warmth that would otherwise been quite welcoming adding to the mystery of her. Ophelia flicked her hair casually to one side as she quickly surveyed the store and continued, "This place use to have quite a crowd. Still has from time to time, or so I hear. Though I'm hardly ever here long enough to actually enjoy the comings and goings, I'm afraid."

Angélique paused in mid-sip and glanced around as well, the attitude that of a newcomer to the shop. "That's a shame. It does have an attraction that's hard to find nowadays. The wicker chairs, these teak tables. Well-decorated, and a place to relax. It's needed, considering there's so much more trouble going on all of a sudden, ever since that terrible attack. It's not like before, was it? I imagine things must be a lot quieter across the pond."

She paused to drink some of her coffee, and looked directly up at the counter for a brief second. The barista seemed to be in his teens, so that probably made him one of the owners' sons. "You travel often, then?"
mumblemumblemumble

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse