NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Permit Male Circumcision

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

[PASSED] Permit Male Circumcision

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 am

~ Passed! ~

Inspired by the resurfacing of the beast, Knootoss presents:

Permit Male Circumcision
Category: Human Rights, Mild

The World Assembly,

AFFIRMING that male circumcision, the removal of some or all of the foreskin from the penis, may be performed for a range of medical and religious reasons;

HAVING VOTED to deny a ban on male circumcision on previous occasions;

DECLARES male circumcision to be a medical procedure, and entitles patients undergoing male circumcision to all the protections associated with that status;

OBLIGES all member states to permit the practice of male circumcision, notwithstanding their authority to regulate the procedure.

Permit Male Circumcision
Category: Human Rights, Mild

The World Assembly,

AFFIRMING that male circumcision, the removal of some or all of the foreskin from the penis, may be performed for a range of medical and religious reasons;

HAVING VOTED to deny a ban on male circumcision on previous occasions;

OBLIGES all member states to permit the practice of male circumcision, notwithstanding their authority to regulate the procedure;

STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that national governments provide accurate and unbiased information to parents of children who may undergo male circumcision, in order to inform their choice.

The proposal has passed. Thank you for your support.
Last edited by Knootoss on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:12 am, edited 7 times in total.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 am

"Permit" it? We should be requiring it!

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 am

The Dutch Democratic Republic wishes to promote individual choice, not deny it.

Ambassador Aram Koopman
World Assembly representative for the Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 am

Knootoss wrote:The Dutch Democratic Republic wishes to promote individual choice, not deny it.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Anybody who chooses for themselves or their male heirs against circumcision is clearly not in a right state of mind. They're legally unable to be making their own choices. But I suppose that, since this doesn't prevent anybody from requiring it, it's reasonable.
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 am

Unlike the representatives from Glen-Rhodes, I believe that people can choose for themselves. Irrespective of what ambassadors with strong opinions about other peoples' penises might think.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:09 am

Knootoss wrote:Unlike the representatives from Glen-Rhodes, I believe that people can choose for themselves. Irrespective of what ambassadors with strong opinions about other peoples' penises might think.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

W-w-w-wah? According to the Handbook for the Ambassador to the World Assembly from Glen-Rhodes:
Chapter 12, Part 4, Section C, Paragraph 2:
It is of the utmost imperative the the Ambassador ensure that all penises of the males in his or her presence are of suitable and appropriate aesthetic value. You know, just in case.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:19 am

I am not surprised.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Nulono
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:31 am

Knootoss wrote:Unlike the representatives from Glen-Rhodes, I believe that people can choose for themselves. Irrespective of what ambassadors with strong opinions about other peoples' penises might think.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

That is what the Nulona delegation is seeking, to allow people to decide for themselves whether or not to get circumcised.
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
Numbers written with an apostrophe are in dozenal unless otherwise noted.
For example, 0'3 = 0.25, and 100' = 144.

Ratios are measured in perunums instead of percent.
1 perunum = 100 percent = 84' percent

The Nuclear Fist wrote:If all it it takes to count as a five star hotel in America is having air conditioning and not letting those who reside in it die of hyperthermia, you have shitty hotels.

Republika Jugoslavija wrote:Actually nuclear war is not the world ending scenario that many would have folks believe.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:34 am

No. You are trying to regulate it, in excruciating detail. I am leaving the issue of choice to individuals, and the issue of regulation to member states.

Unless the male circumcision debate dies here and now, I'm going to submit this resolution! BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Nulono
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 am

Knootoss wrote:No. You are trying to regulate it, in excruciating detail. I am leaving the issue of choice to individuals, and the issue of regulation to member states.

Unless the male circumcision debate dies here and now, I'm going to submit this resolution! BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

No, I am trying to ensure that it only happens with the informed consent of the male.

The Nuclear Fist wrote:If all it it takes to count as a five star hotel in America is having air conditioning and not letting those who reside in it die of hyperthermia, you have shitty hotels.

Republika Jugoslavija wrote:Actually nuclear war is not the world ending scenario that many would have folks believe.

Omigodtheyplutoedkenny
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Omigodtheyplutoedkenny » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 pm

This is actually Moral Decency, but I would support this 10000%.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 pm

And you'll find that most people are opposed to these efforts, by you and your predecessors. If it takes a blocker to prevent this debate from resurfacing, so be it.

Now, you're obviously enthusiastic about crafting World Assembly legislation. Why don't we both drop our penis-related resolutions and focus on something more productive?

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Omigodtheyplutoedkenny wrote:This is actually Moral Decency, but I would support this 10000%.

I disagree. It gives individuals the human right to get a bit of their wee wee cut off. It doesn't compel it.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Nulono
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Knootoss wrote:Now, you're obviously enthusiastic about crafting World Assembly legislation. Why don't we both drop our penis-related resolutions and focus on something more productive?

More productive and less... reproductive?

Ba-dum ching!

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Right on! So, do we have a deal? I'll abandon my draft, you'll abandon yours.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Nulono
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Knootoss wrote:Right on! So, do we have a deal? I'll abandon my draft, you'll abandon yours.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Maybe we could work on a compromise? I don't actually disagree with circumcision; I just don't want it done on anyone without their consent.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm afraid you will find that issue impossible to pass. It has been heavily rejected by this assembly in previous votes and is loathed by many of the regular participants. Better to move on now, lest you just end up making enemies for a lost cause.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Nulono
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 pm

HonestAbe wrote:The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Nulono wrote:
HonestAbe wrote:The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.

OOC: Did you actually quote Abraham Lincoln in regards to a debate on circumcision? Way to completely lose perspective.

Nulono
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Are you trying to censor me? Are you some kind of Nazi? :p

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 pm

On account of Godwinning, I submit that the delegation from Nulono has lost the debate.

Submitting the resolution for a trial run... after I give the people of this assembly a little more time to give comments as to legality, or improvements with regards to the language.

Ambassador Aram Koopman
Last edited by Knootoss on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nulono
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Knootoss wrote:On account of Godwinning, I submit that the delegation from Nulono has lost the debate.

Uh, I was obviously joking. Hence the :P.

Submitting the resolution for a trial run... after I give the people of this assembly a little more time to give comments as to legality, or improvements with regards to the language.

Ambassador Aram Koopman

Are you trying to annoy me?
Last edited by Nulono on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004

Postby Hirota » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Knootoss wrote:AFFIRMING that male circumcision, the removal of some or all of the foreskin from the penis, may be performed for a range of medical and religious regions;
I assume you mean reasons as opposed to regions?

STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that national governments provide accurate and unbiased information to parents of children who may undergo male circumcision, in order to inform their choice.
Might conflict with resolution #29, specifically:
(III) Patients have the right to be involved in decisions concerning their care and to be given full and accurate information about the nature of their illnesses, diagnostic procedures, risks and necessity of alternative procedures, the proposed treatment and the costs involved, provided that such information does not violate the medical confidentiality of other persons.
My opinion is this drafts optionality conflicts with the resolution (and duplicates it if the optionality is removed)
Last edited by Hirota on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Embolalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Embolalia » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Lieutenant Ambassador LLwyd speaks, with pining in his voice. "Ohhh, I wish I were still delegate so I could approve this! Damned democracy, always taking away our power!" A PR officer for the delegation spits out his coffee. "I'm joking, of course..."
Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
Bible quote? No, that's just common sense.
/ˌɛmboʊˈlɑːliːʌ/
The United Commonwealth of Embolalia

Gafin Gower, Prime minister
E. Rory Hywel, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Gwaredd LLwyd, Lieutenant Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author: GA#95, GA#107, GA#132, GA#185
Philimbesi wrote:Repeal, resign, or relax.

Embassy Exchange
EBC News
My mostly worthless blog
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
Liberal atheist bisexual, and proud of it.
@marcmack wrote:I believe we can build a better world! Of course, it'll take a whole lot of rock, water & dirt. Also, not sure where to put it."

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Nulono wrote:No, I am trying to ensure that it [circumcision] only happens [sic] with the informed consent of the male.

:palm:

Cry for yes.

Cry more loudly for no.

----------------

FOR
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives