NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Read the Resolution Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

[PASSED] Read the Resolution Act

Postby Knootoss » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:32 pm

~ Quorum Reached: In Queue! ~

Inspired by current events, Knootoss offers the:

Read the Resolution Act
Category: Furtherment of Democracy
Strength: Mild

The World Assembly,

CONVINCED that voting on resolutions in the World Assembly is a privilege that also confers a great responsibility, as all resolutions are binding upon the entire World Assembly;

REGRETTING that some national governments base their votes solely on the title of the resolution at vote;

MANDATES that all governments in member states:
a) Establish a government office, whose task it shall be to read the entire text any resolution that comes up for debate, and to report it's findings back to the national government;
b) Ensure that this office shall be staffed by at least one sapient, literate employee;

AND FURTHER tasks these offices to make recommendations upon the endorsement of draft resolutions;

RECOMMENDS that national governments take the findings of their national offices seriously, and use critical reflection before endorsing a proposal or casting a vote;

MANDATES its members to allocate forty percent (40%) of their state budget to importing carbonated beverages from a brand that is represented by an antrophomorphic animal of the leporidae family.

Old, edited version:

Read the Resolution Act

The World Assembly,

CONVINCED that voting on resolutions in the World Assembly is a privilege that also confers a great responsibility, as all resolutions are binding upon the entire World Assembly;

REGRETTING that some national governments base their votes solely on the title of the resolution at vote;

a) Establish a government office, whose task it shall be to read the entire text any resolution that comes up for debate, and to report it's findings back to the national government;
b) Ensure that this office shall be staffed by at least one sapient, literate employee;

AND FURTHER tasks these offices to make recommendations upon the endorsement of draft resolutions, should the member government hold the regional delegacy;

RECOMMENDS that national governments take the findings of their national offices seriously, and use critical reflection before endorsing a proposal or casting a vote;

MANDATES its members to allocate forty percent (40%) of their state budget to importing carbonated beverages from a brand that is represented by an antrophomorphic animal of the leporidae family.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 am, edited 9 times in total.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Even though I'm sure this is illegal, I fully support!
Last edited by Darenjo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Actually, it might not be illegal...

[EDIT: The idea, that is; I bet it could be worded in a fashion that made it legal.]

I like this. It reminds me in a way of my condemnation of "shitty proposal writing."
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Darenjo wrote:Even though I'm sure this is illegal, I fully support!

Same here!
Last edited by East Klent on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Read the Resolution Act

The World Assembly,

AND FURTHER tasks these offices to make recommendations upon the endorsement of draft resolutions, should the member government hold the regional delegacy;

CREATES the International Voter Anti Apathy Office (IVAAO) to ensure that these terms are met.

fixed.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I like my final clause better. It is also in no way different from the resolution at vote. Except the money will be spent far more usefully.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:41 pm

After nearly doubling over with laughter, the Representative from Umbra Ac Silentium spoke up. "We applaud your imagination, fellow representative, however, however, we recommend you spend our time in working for the downfall of the current piece of legislation rather than being silly.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:42 pm

This is a serious proposal.

Eireann Fae WA Mission
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae WA Mission » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Alexandra jumps onto the desk, startling the diminutive Ambassador now at her feet. "SUPPORT! BUNNY SODA FOR ALL!!" She immediately jumps down and takes her seat again, trying not to blush. Melošina looks back at her, bemused. "Æfæ'ǂi fesolkošænožu[1]" The smile on the Faerie's face shows that she is merely kidding, of course.

1 Pronounced "ee-fee-tskih feh-sole-koh-shee-no-zhu". Literally "are you neurotic?"
"An it harm none, do what ye will"
“Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.” -C. S. Lewis
Click here for a list of existing resolutions!

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Despite of being illigal, fully supported.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoerb
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoerb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:04 pm

You know... without the silly clause at the end I would completely support this
Proud delegate of Alliance of Awesomeness
"War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can" -Winston Churchill
"My god, it finally happened, Taiwan is invading China!" - Amaniachelmetjohnpi about LWU declaring war on 10000 Islands

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Wholeheartedly for!!
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Powerfulbritannia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2010

Postby Powerfulbritannia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Now this is a Excellent purposal, Because the idiots Who run the WA Dont read the Purposals
Powerfulbritannia Empire - Powerfulbritannia + LullatopianBritannia

Knootoss
Senator

Postby Knootoss » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:11 pm

*Sipping from a can of Pink Bunny Cola * I have altered the presentation of the draft resolution to make it more palatable. I trust it is legal now?

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:13 pm

We feel the strength of "mild" greatly misrepresents the effect of this proposal.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm

We support this. Not sure how enforcable it may be, but we support it.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Knootoss wrote:I like my final clause better. It is also in no way different from the resolution at vote. Except the money will be spent far more usefully.

Except that it STILL violates Game Mechanics. AND I will vote against because I DON'T WANT FORTY PERCENT OF MY BUDGET GOING TOWARDS SOMETHING ALONE
The Mahaj Factbook.

You shall be my god.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Knootoss wrote:MANDATES its members to allocate forty percent (40%) of their state budget to importing carbonated beverages from a brand that is represented by an antrophomorphic animal of the leporidae family.

I have a tab at the Stranger's Bar to pay for, I must oppose this measure!

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Unibot wrote:
Knootoss wrote:MANDATES its members to allocate forty percent (40%) of their state budget to importing carbonated beverages from a brand that is represented by an antrophomorphic animal of the leporidae family.

I have a tab at the Stranger's Bar to pay for, I must oppose this measure!

Seriously, Knootoss? Make it proper, THEN I will vote for it. May want to add a fluffy title as well. :D
The Mahaj Factbook.

You shall be my god.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Grinning, the representative from Umbra Ac Silentium spoke up, "Ah, now, we find this edited version much more agreeable. Should you submit, you will have our full support."

Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:Grinning, the representative from Umbra Ac Silentium spoke up, "Ah, now, we find this edited version much more agreeable. Should you submit, you will have our full support."

NOOOOOOO
The Mahaj Factbook.

You shall be my god.

Eireann Fae WA Mission
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae WA Mission » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:Grinning, the representative from Umbra Ac Silentium spoke up, "Ah, now, we find this edited version much more agreeable. Should you submit, you will have our full support."

(OOC: Protip: Quote the OP, scroll to the bottom.)
"An it harm none, do what ye will"
“Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.” -C. S. Lewis
Click here for a list of existing resolutions!

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Eireann Fae WA Mission wrote:

(OOC: Protip: Quote the OP, scroll to the bottom.)

(OOC: Oh, well that was sneaky and underhanded -.-)

Other Compass

Zoerb
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoerb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:40 pm

While I realize this is a joke I think you should look into making it serious.
Proud delegate of Alliance of Awesomeness
"War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can" -Winston Churchill
"My god, it finally happened, Taiwan is invading China!" - Amaniachelmetjohnpi about LWU declaring war on 10000 Islands

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 pm

*The Doomiedoomiedoom ambassador zooms in the the bottom of his paper examining closely*

You have my full support!

My great nation has already allocated forty percent of it's state budget to importing carbonated beverages from a brand that is represented by an antrophomorphic animal of the leporidae family. *Takes a sip from a rabbit's pop can*
Sincerely,
Fredrik the VIII, ambassador of Doomiedoomiedoom.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives