NATION

PASSWORD

Database linking Issues to Resolutions?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Database linking Issues to Resolutions?

Postby Warzone Codger » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm

As we know, compliance is assumed to have happened after a resolution is passed. This is shown by stat changes. We also know that issues run on a different system and don't care about resolutions but there are times where they'll overlap similar issues. Your stats are also affected by how you answer issues.

Together, we actually have a "gameplay-way" show non-compliance (or re/"double"-compliance). With this in mind does any one think it is worthwhile to have a database that links nation issues to WA resolutions? Of course we don't know the exact stat changes but we could have a reasonable guess. It'll help tie different parts of the game together, and for those who care about those things, provide a "record" to show they've been complying or not.

On the other side, it'll encourage issue drafting, as nations submit issues addressing the same areas as WA resolutions (though obviously it can't explicitly refer to them) so they can be provided with an option of how to deal with it in their country.
Last edited by Warzone Codger on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:52 pm

I have now done this for the first (original) 30 issues. It shows the issue number, the choice number and what WA resolution it breaks.

I used the Issues index viewtopic.php?f=13&t=88 and the Passed WA resolutions list viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30&start=0 as my guides.

Issue 001 Choice 1 - GA 39
Issue 002 Choice 2 - GA 27
Issue 004 Choice 2 - GA 7 21 43
Issue 011 Choice 1 - GA 30
Issue 013 Choice 1 - GA 30
Issue 015 Choice 3 - GA 9
Issue 016 Choice 2 - GA 7 21 43
Issue 021 Choice 2 -GA 58
Issue 028 Choice 3 - GA 54
Issue 030 Choice. 2 - GA 7 21 43
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Jedi Utopians
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Utopians » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:As we know, compliance is assumed to have happened after a resolution is passed. This is shown by stat changes. We also know that issues run on a different system and don't care about resolutions but there are times where they'll overlap similar issues. Your stats are also affected by how you answer issues.

Together, we actually have a "gameplay-way" show non-compliance (or re/"double"-compliance). With this in mind does any one think it is worthwhile to have a database that links nation issues to WA resolutions? Of course we don't know the exact stat changes but we could have a reasonable guess. It'll help tie different parts of the game together, and for those who care about those things, provide a "record" to show they've been complying or not.

On the other side, it'll encourage issue drafting, as nations submit issues addressing the same areas as WA resolutions (though obviously it can't explicitly refer to them) so they can be provided with an option of how to deal with it in their country.

Omigosh, yes! Yes yes yes! I can't believe you haven't had more input--or that people haven't already done this when they have all sorts of other stats about (where do you get those numbers from, by the way?)
The honorable Son Rai, envoy of the Republic Council
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10
"Think: Christ, Gandhi, or Mr. Rogers."
--
Me: You're funny. Naive, but funny.
Jedi8246: I fail to see the humor. Or how I am naive.
--

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Jedi Utopians wrote:Omigosh, yes! Yes yes yes! I can't believe you haven't had more input--or that people haven't already done this when they have all sorts of other stats about (where do you get those numbers from, by the way?)

Unfortunately, it's not mathematical. I just read the issues, then the resolutions, then see what text will contradict the other.

Perhaps that's why it was not so well received, it no use to real stats optimisers and RPers ignore it anyway.

Jedi Utopians
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Utopians » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:
Jedi Utopians wrote:Omigosh, yes! Yes yes yes! I can't believe you haven't had more input--or that people haven't already done this when they have all sorts of other stats about (where do you get those numbers from, by the way?)

Unfortunately, it's not mathematical. I just read the issues, then the resolutions, then see what text will contradict the other.

Perhaps that's why it was not so well received, it no use to real stats optimisers and RPers ignore it anyway.

I'm certainly getting that sense, in discussing WA resolutions today; while the RP is fun and exasperatingly realistic, because of the limits of the game itself, there's no way to penalize hypocrites, and no real debate on the actual merits of the issues. I'm starting to remember why I abandoned the game back in 2003, shortly after the *cough* WA *cough* was formed the first time.
The honorable Son Rai, envoy of the Republic Council
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10
"Think: Christ, Gandhi, or Mr. Rogers."
--
Me: You're funny. Naive, but funny.
Jedi8246: I fail to see the humor. Or how I am naive.
--

Return to General Assembly