NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Helle Thorning-Schmidt
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helle Thorning-Schmidt » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:30 am

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: nesterlands_1436946652

The Oceans

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: Fishing

Proposed by: Nesterlands

Description: Argument: The General Assembly:

Currently, many nations dump/pump the majority of their garbage into the world's beautiful and vital oceans. As a result, the oceanic toxicity is rising globally, and hundreds of thousands of marine species are being stifled to their extinctions.

Solution: While it is impossible to get all nations to stop pumping into the oceans, what we CAN do is establish an Oceanic Cleansing Navy (OCN), which would be funded by the WA funds and voluntary nation donations. The OCN would use the Ocean Cleanup Array device currently being deployed by a minute number of private companies. There is no possible way that we could clean it completely, however, studies show that the oceans would get 93% cleaner, with garbage patches all but disappearing, as well as a good deal of the loose trash floating around. This is desperately needed, or else the oceans will end up entirely useless and devoid of life.

Approvals: 2 (Organization of the Zodiac Federation, Nesterlands)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 5 hours

Blogsposal. Bloody Stupid. Committees. Probably Optionality (or Format?) as well.

Summer has truly arrived at last.

EDIT: Whoops. Forum's in the wrong fucking time zone. Ignore if you want.
Last edited by Helle Thorning-Schmidt on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Whose puppet are you?

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:03 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Miranda Rights Act

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Spanish Spain

Description: I address to The General Assembly,
Recognizing that detainees and convicts can be subject to mistreatment;
Acknowledging that individuals rescinded their civil rights when detained and convicted;
Understanding that though the individual is convicted, they are entitled to the rights as listed in there country or these.
Appalled that while some rights are covered by other resolutions, none have been made specifically concerning prisoners;
Hereby, Defines:
1. “Detainees” as any person(s) held in captivity by authorities accused of a crime(s), prior to conviction.
2. “Convicts” as any person(s) accused of a crime and convicted in a court of law.
1. That the detained:
a. are considered the accused until proven guilty;
b. shall be informed as to the nature of the offense;
c. shall be entitled to protection by the state from outside and inside threats.
d. (i) if held for more than 6 hours per day (or equivalent) shall be fed an adequate meal;
(ii) shall be fed at minimum two adequate meals per day;
2. That the convicted:
a. (i) if sentenced to prison, be given accommodations of a reasonable comfort level;
(ii) shall be placed in an area of adequate security level for the offense;
b. shall be fed at minimum two adequate meals per day;
c. shall have visitation rights;
d. shall be entitled to protection from inside threats;
e. shall not be subject to cruel and unusual treatment, so as not to cause physical or mental harm;
f. (i) shall be permitted at least one hour of outside exercise daily;
(ii) shall be permitted exercise time inside as requested for any reason, weather or otherwise;
g. (i) if misbehaved, may be punished and temporarily lose rights listed as (c) and (g) for an adequate time as given by a prison board or equivalent;
(ii) shall have more time added to their sentence if misconduct is a felony or of a serious nature.

The Rights said when arrested:
You are now under arrest, you have the right to remain silent and anything you say will be used in a court of law against you, You have the right to a attorney or one to be appointed for you for no charge.

Co-Author: Meekinos and The Kingdom of Leflax.
Just the title alone qualifies as a RL reference.

It's interesting that they even bothered to credit the original co-author but not the author. Then again they would have never been able to get permission from R539 or Meekinos to do this. Because both the original author and the co-author ceased to exist.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:15 am

ID: danish-jorvik_1436971698

Repeal "A Convention on Gender"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#91

Proposed by: Danish-Jorvik

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #91: A Convention on Gender (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: This should be up to each governing nation. Not all populations suffer from this mental disorder, and do not treat it as 'normal'.

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days

NatSov, no "repeals" clause.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

New Horensian Kingdom
Attaché

Founded: May 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Horensian Kingdom » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:24 am

https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1436916518

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #91: A Convention on Gender (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The General Assembly:

Aware: That many nations have varying views on gender identity

Noting: That some professionals believe that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Further Noting: That without proper psychological treatment gender reassigned patients often fall to depression & suicide.

Concerned: Resolution #91 takes away each member's sovereignty on how to address this issue, based on their own scientific research and morals.

Resolved: A Convention of Gender is not an area of international concern as to justify needless meddling by the World Assembly, and that individual member nations are perfectly capable of regulating this issue on their own;

Now, therefore, WA #91 is hereby REPEALED.

Approvals: 27 (Rickgrad, Lockdownn, Nonador, Harenhime, Dutchieland, NewTexas, Zartavaria, Komarin, Alternate Universe 912, Colbaria, The Islamic State of Jahn, The Brotherhood of Outcasts, World Assembly System of Yaramaqui, The Mid East Federation, Western Balkans, Port Kennedy, Bitely, Elleiot, Rzeczpospolita Krakowska, Gemack, Wintariu, Cipress, The Brotherhood of Kyro, Themightymanuel, William Empire, 1-502nd Airborne Inf, Bettisia)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 12 hours

This one isn't even funny. It's disgusting. I'm shocked that any respectable nation would allow for such a transphobic piece of legislation to even be considered.

Thousands of transgender people are harassed, bullied, and even KILLED because of outdated ideas like this. I will not tolerate it.
Vote for me in the WA elections!

https://www.nationstates.net/page=election

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:31 am

New Horensian Kingdom wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=rickgrad_1436916518

Argument: The General Assembly:

Aware: That many nations have varying views on gender identity

Noting: That some professionals believe that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Further Noting: That without proper psychological treatment gender reassigned patients often fall to depression & suicide.

Concerned: Resolution #91 takes away each member's sovereignty on how to address this issue, based on their own scientific research and morals.

Resolved: A Convention of Gender is not an area of international concern as to justify needless meddling by the World Assembly, and that individual member nations are perfectly capable of regulating this issue on their own;

Now, therefore, WA #91 is hereby REPEALED.

Approvals: 27 (Rickgrad, Lockdownn, Nonador, Harenhime, Dutchieland, NewTexas, Zartavaria, Komarin, Alternate Universe 912, Colbaria, The Islamic State of Jahn, The Brotherhood of Outcasts, World Assembly System of Yaramaqui, The Mid East Federation, Western Balkans, Port Kennedy, Bitely, Elleiot, Rzeczpospolita Krakowska, Gemack, Wintariu, Cipress, The Brotherhood of Kyro, Themightymanuel, William Empire, 1-502nd Airborne Inf, Bettisia)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 12 hours

This one isn't even funny. It's disgusting. I'm shocked that any respectable nation would allow for such a transphobic piece of legislation to even be considered.

Thousands of transgender people are harassed, bullied, and even KILLED because of outdated ideas like this. I will not tolerate it.

Alas, resolutions can't be removed simply for being disgusting.
It is, however, grossly illegal; the entirety of the argument is essentially natsov. They skirt the line but I'm fairly certain it falls under that illegality.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:51 am

Bezombia wrote:
New Horensian Kingdom wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=rickgrad_1436916518

Alas, resolutions can't be removed simply for being disgusting.
It is, however, grossly illegal; the entirety of the argument is essentially natsov. They skirt the line but I'm fairly certain it falls under that illegality.

Yeah, they can be removed for being 'grossly offensive', and this and that other one which want to categorize gender issues as "mental disorders" fit that bill. Possibly even trolling.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Sobaira
Attaché

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sobaira » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 am

OOC: It does, however, already have a thread for where you can share your disgust more directly if you want, so I think that it shouldn't be discussed here.
Pro: Liberation, Solidarity, Self Defence, Veganism, Environmentalism, Scientific Exploration, GRSM, Proletarian Feminism, Communism
Anti: Colonialism, Imperialism, Racism, Sexism, Transphobia, Homophobia, Cissexism, Binarism, Audism, Ableism, Heteronormativity, Carnism, Religious Bigotry, Islamophobia, Hate Speech, Slavery, Feudalism, Liberalism, Neo-Liberalism, Fascism, Capitalism

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:02 am

Slash global military spending

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Felamm

Description: This world is getting way too violent!

These nations with absurd amounts of military spending is making this world unsafe for everyone, so I propose all WA nations cut the military spending in half.

If this is passed nations could focus on way more important things such as

-Keeping the environment intact
-Educating their people
-Lowering crime rates
-And helping everyone in getting food and clean water

Stupid, naive, doesn't do anything other than bumpersticker sloganeering and wishful thinking, worst type of "one size fits all" nonsense.

And those are the good points.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:05 pm

ID: dumitru_1436990937

Repeal "Prohibiting Animal Abuse"

Resolution: GA#335

Proposed by: Dumitru

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #335: Prohibiting Animal Abuse (Category: Moral Decency; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Recognizing that animals are sentient beings capable of experiencing stress, fear, and pain;

Convinced that there is no just cause for intentionally abusing an animal, and that animals should be cared for in ways that support a healthy life free from suffering;

Resolved that animal abuse is utterly unjustifiable and should be universally condemned and prohibited;

Now, therefore, the General Assembly hereby enacts the following provisions, subject to the rules and laws set by earlier WA resolutions that are still in force:

1. Defines an "animal" for the purposes of this resolution as any non-person species of mammal, bird, reptile, amphibian, or fish.

2. Prohibits the intentional abuse of animals, including:

•causing an animal serious and debilitating bodily disfigurement;

•inflicting physical trauma or intense pain on an animal;

•recklessly abandoning an animal or otherwise placing the animal at grave risk of death, injury, disfigurement or disease;

•torturing an animal;

•sexually assaulting an animal; and

•maliciously or cruelly killing an animal;

3. Clarifies that the following acts do not constitute abuse and are not prohibited by this resolution:

•acts of veterinary medicine - including the acts of a licensed veterinarian taken in the course of caring for an animal, emergency aid provided to an animal in distress, and any other acts based on sound veterinary science;

•animal research that is conducted for a legitimate scientific purpose and does not needlessly inflict pain or suffering;

•butchering, slaughtering, or killing an animal for food or other consumption, so long as the methods used are not cruel and the animal is killed as swiftly and painlessly as possible;

•acts of pest control, including any reasonable method of dealing with pests that is not unnecessarily cruel,

•the employment of properly trained animals in potentially dangerous situations or occupations - such as law enforcement animals, guard dogs, war horses, and other service animals - so long as the animal is adequately handled for use in such situations and the intent is to avoid harm to the animal,

•acts based on the science of animal breeding and appropriate care;

4. Outlaws the use of animals in fighting sports, or any other exhibition where the purpose, theme, or substance of the exhibition endangers the long term health and safety of the animal;

5. Requires that any person who keeps an animal - whether commercially, as a pet, or for any other purpose - must provide that animal with reasonable and appropriate care, including:

•food of appropriate quantity and quality to keep the animal healthy,

•access to a sufficient quantity of clean water to satisfy the animal's needs,

• sufficient space for exercise as necessary for the health of the animal,

•regular maintenance of the animal's space to keep it reasonably free of debris, waste, and disease, if the animal is kept in an enclosure,

•shelter, refuge, or other appropriate protective barriers that supply reasonable protection from weather and injury, and

•adequate personal attention and care necessary to keep the animal free from distress, injury, neglect and disease;

6. Further requires that any person who keeps an animal must, to the best of their means and ability, provide the animal with access to professional veterinary care deemed necessary to relieve the animal from distress, injury, neglect or disease.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 6 hours

Direct plagiarism of the target resolution. :palm:
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:33 pm

ID: allgemeine_ostasien_gesellschaft_1436994715

Proposed by: Allgemeine Ostasien Gesellschaft

Argument: Being transgender is simply a mental illness. We do not indulge a schizophrenics delusions, tell an anorexic person to keep starving themselves or a bulimic to keep purging, we treat the issues. Whether by therapy to get to the underlying causes or medication to help the symptoms. Thinking you aren't what you were born as is simply a mental defect that needs to be treated not indulged.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 6 hours

No "repeals" clause.
Could we be getting close to the line of Grossly Offensive with this one?
Co-Author of SC #204

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Argument: Being transgender is simply a mental illness. We do not indulge a schizophrenics delusions, tell an anorexic person to keep starving themselves or a bulimic to keep purging, we treat the issues. Whether by therapy to get to the underlying causes or medication to help the symptoms. Thinking you aren't what you were born as is simply a mental defect that needs to be treated not indulged.

Frankly, i don't give one single fuck if this is silly, stupid, legal, illegal, or classified as a meat popsicle. This open hate and disparagement is going too far. This is the third one of these today. It has almost moved into the arena of trolling. Enough is enough.

Not Ta'veren

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:

Frankly, i don't give one single fuck if this is silly, stupid, legal, illegal, or classified as a meat popsicle. This open hate and disparagement is going too far. This is the third one of these today. It has almost moved into the arena of trolling. Enough is enough.

That sort of post in General would bring redtext. I certainly hope this brings about the same result.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:41 pm

GHR filed over a possible "Grossly Offensive" violation.
Co-Author of SC #204

Klugerland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Klugerland » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Can I get a link to the "A Convention On Gender" proposal? I haven't seen that one.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Klugerland wrote:Can I get a link to the "A Convention On Gender" proposal? I haven't seen that one.

It's GA #91 in that pinned list that Kenny maintains, but here you go.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:36 pm

ID: memento_morti_1437006446

World space administration

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Artistic

Proposed by: Memento morti

Description: Description: NOTING the interest that humanity has of exploring the cosmos.

RECOGNIZING the need for cooperation between member states to explore the universe.

REALIZING the need for further research and development of equipment for efficient cosmic travel.

FURTHER realizing the safety risks cosmic space travel creates.

DEMANDING member states to enact safety regulations for space travel within their governed territory.

FURTHER demanding no member state shall knowingly allow a spacecraft to operate if it has fallen into disrepair.

THE World Assembly hereby Establishes the "World Space Administration" herein referred to as "W.S.A."

COMMISSIONING the W.S.A. to:

1. preform cosmos research and development.

2. Build cosmic spacecraft(s).

3. Train cosmonauts to explore and promote WA ideals through the cosmos.

4. Preform missions of exploration through the cosmos.

5. Create cosmos travel bylaws and policies.

6. Regulate all WA member states cosmos travel

7. Create and maintain a military

8. Create and maintain a police force to maintain order for future travel

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Plagiarism and WA Army.
Co-Author of SC #204

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
ID: memento_morti_1437006446

World space administration

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Artistic

Proposed by: Memento morti

Description: Description: NOTING the interest that humanity has of exploring the cosmos.

RECOGNIZING the need for cooperation between member states to explore the universe.

REALIZING the need for further research and development of equipment for efficient cosmic travel.

FURTHER realizing the safety risks cosmic space travel creates.

DEMANDING member states to enact safety regulations for space travel within their governed territory.

FURTHER demanding no member state shall knowingly allow a spacecraft to operate if it has fallen into disrepair.

THE World Assembly hereby Establishes the "World Space Administration" herein referred to as "W.S.A."

COMMISSIONING the W.S.A. to:

1. preform cosmos research and development.

2. Build cosmic spacecraft(s).

3. Train cosmonauts to explore and promote WA ideals through the cosmos.

4. Preform missions of exploration through the cosmos.

5. Create cosmos travel bylaws and policies.

6. Regulate all WA member states cosmos travel

7. Create and maintain a military

8. Create and maintain a police force to maintain order for future travel

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Plagiarism and WA Army.

And a WA police, and category fail. Artistic??
But, the plagiarism is probably sufficient.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:22 am

ID: fultzan_1437047303

Outlaw gambling

A resolution to legalize or outlaw gambling.

Category: Gambling

Legalize/Outlaw: Outlaw

Proposed by: Fultzan

Description: It is wasting peoples money . You might as well through your money on the floor if you are going to gamble. This deal bans:

Building a new casinos
close down all casinos in a three year period
Approvals: 1 (Organization of the Zodiac Federation)

Bumper sticker.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:32 am

ID: solestia_1437060676

Space Ring Providence

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Solestia

Description: This proposal will ACKNOWLEDGE that there is definitive proof that WE ARE NOT ALONE and provide protection (just-in-case-of) prior to the FIRST GLOBAL CONTACT

WE MUST PROTECT OUR OWN

ALL Nations will participate in a Global effort to construct a Space Ring around the Earth above the Ionosphere

The Ring shall never be owned by an individual, group, or organization but owned by every citizen of this World

The Ring's purpose is to provide Global protection posed by threats of natural origins such as meteors, and threats of INTELLECTUAL ORIGIN

For weaponization and protection and for the crew working there, The Space Ring will have the ff. standards

Service Robots for worker assistance (Indoor/Outdoor)

Autonomous Food Farms

Integrated AI Computer for complex computation

High Definition Scanners for space surveillance (telescopes, infrared sensors, radio antennae, and all others)

Extensive Material Recovery Facilities

Extreme Weather Protection

Ion Particle Cannons

Induction Charging from the Earth's Magnetosphere

Assistance satellites (for reconnaissance, attack/defence, etc)

:palm:
I think that sums up this idea quite nicely, besides the fact that there's an RL violation in there. (Earth)
Co-Author of SC #204

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:47 am

ID: odd_republic_1437061327

Organic Foods Act

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: Agriculture

Proposed by: Odd Republic

Description: CONCERNED that many foods contain Genetically Modified Organisms, or GMOs, which often compromise quality in the name of quantity, reducing nutritional benefits.

FURTHER CONCERNED that artificial pesticides and insecticides can be harmful to the environment around them and, if handled improperly, the people who eat them.

AWARE that production of foods without Genetically Modified Organisms or artificial pesticides and insecticides can increase costs of the foods, but

DETERMINED that such will help in the long term by increasing the health of the populous and the environment.

HEREBY bans Genetically Modified Organisms and and artificial pesticides and insecticides from use in foods.

Would this be a category fail? The resolution seems to focus solely on the health "benefits" of organic food, yet it's in Environmental.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Helle Thorning-Schmidt
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helle Thorning-Schmidt » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:05 am

ID: daxan_beta_1437115426

Governmental Selling of Drugs

A resolution to ban, legalize, or encourage recreational drugs.

Category: Recreational Drug Use

Decision: Legalize

Proposed by: Daxan Beta

Description: NOTING that money on drugs is a large part of people's income.

RECOGNIZING the security the government has on drug use.

FURTHER realizing the potential income of the government selling drugs legally.

DEMANDING that the usage of drugs be controlled by government officials by the selling of drugs from officials.

REQUESTING the World Assembly to:

I. Form the United Drug Control Security Force - (UDCSF)

II. Sell and keep record of drugs used by the people.

III. Enforce limit of drug amount purchased.

IV. Securely protect children under 18 from purchasing drugs.

V. Allowing usage of drugs in only designated areas.

FORBIDDING the UDCSF to:

I. Taking and selling drugs for personal gain.

II. Take any money gained from sold drugs unless to benefit the security.

III. Allow anyone under 18 to use any form of drug.

IV. Using drugged people to their advantage.

REQUESTING the funding, forming, acceptance of the UDCSF and Governmental selling of drugs.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 7 hours

Committees.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Whose puppet are you?

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:48 am

Helle Thorning-Schmidt wrote:
ID: daxan_beta_1437115426

Governmental Selling of Drugs

A resolution to ban, legalize, or encourage recreational drugs.

Category: Recreational Drug Use

Decision: Legalize

Proposed by: Daxan Beta

Description: NOTING that money on drugs is a large part of people's income.

RECOGNIZING the security the government has on drug use.

FURTHER realizing the potential income of the government selling drugs legally.

DEMANDING that the usage of drugs be controlled by government officials by the selling of drugs from officials.

REQUESTING the World Assembly to:

I. Form the United Drug Control Security Force - (UDCSF)

II. Sell and keep record of drugs used by the people.

III. Enforce limit of drug amount purchased.

IV. Securely protect children under 18 from purchasing drugs.

V. Allowing usage of drugs in only designated areas.

FORBIDDING the UDCSF to:

I. Taking and selling drugs for personal gain.

II. Take any money gained from sold drugs unless to benefit the security.

III. Allow anyone under 18 to use any form of drug.

IV. Using drugged people to their advantage.

REQUESTING the funding, forming, acceptance of the UDCSF and Governmental selling of drugs.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 7 hours

Committees.

Also illegal for forming a WA police force.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:51 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
ID: bitely_1436743266

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Act

A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.

Category: Health

Area of Effect: Research

Proposed by: Bitely

Description: NOTICING the prevalence of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. herein referred to as IBS.

ACKNOWLEDGING that other ailments are of more serious concern to member states as well as the WHA.

REALIZING the Symptoms include abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.

FURTHER realizing that IBS can cause anxiety or depression.

ENCOURAGING member states to aid those with IBS.

HEREBY enacts,

i. All WA buildings must have public restrooms

ii. All WA employees must be allowed without penalty to use restrooms as needed.

iii. The creation of the IBS Committee to research and develop treatments, medications and devices to aid those with IBS.

iv. All research the "IBSC" conducts shall be in the public domain. Information from the "IBSC" will be shared freely with all member states and the general public.

v. No Funding for the "IBSC" shall be withdrawn from the WA General Funds. All funding shall come from member states and the general public via voluntary contributions.

Approvals: 2 (Vancouvia, Architeuthis)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 2 hours

:palm:
What actually is this?

And resubmitted :palm:

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:54 am

Repeal "Prohibiting Animal Abuse"

Resolution: GA#335

Proposed by: Voslavia

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #335: Prohibiting Animal Abuse (Category: Moral Decency; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Removing this is abosolutly neccary to continue precious scientific research.
I am generally not one to criticize spelling, but ... abosolutly? neccary? I find it absolutely necessary to say something about this one.
That, and it's pretty much just a t-shirt slogan.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:57 am

Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"

Resolution: GA#286

Proposed by: Colliric

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #286: Reproductive Freedoms (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Catholic Nation of Colliric believes this resolution to tarnish the rights of the majority of our citizens to be ruled by a democratically elected Catholic Government. As such we suggest the bill be repealed and the following amendments made:

BELIEVING in the reproductive rights of all individuals, balanced with the right of an unborn child to life.

ACKNOWLEDGING that individuals may have cultural or religious misgivings regarding termination of pregnancy, and the fact that some nations, due to their voter preferences, codify such misgivings without regard for the freedom of the individuals to choose,

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY

RECOGNISES that the termination of pregnancy is a medical procedure, with all the rights and protections afforded to such a practice,

MANDATES that Member Nations, if their population so desires by majority vote, recognise the right of all individuals to have their pregnancies terminated through safe, openly accessible procedures,

SUGGESTS that Member Nations prohibit any impediment to the termination of pregnancy that is not applied to medical procedures of similar risk and complexity,

REQUIRES Member Nations to ensure protection from targeted animosity to providers and patients of the procedures covered by this resolution, and that the procedure itself cannot occur beyond the third trimester except in the case of an emergency,

PERMITS Member Nations to enact policies mandating that individuals attempt live delivery of their offspring.

REQUIRES that Member Nations mandating live deliveries take unwanted offspring into their own care.

Branding

Not Ta'veren

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives