NATION

PASSWORD

Why was my proposal removed?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
AtlantisB
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Why was my proposal removed?

Postby AtlantisB » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

I submitted a free trade proposal to end all tariffs and quotas and I was told it was removed because of a "branding" violation? What does this mean? What is wrong about a proposal to scrap all practices fettering trade and have the entire NationStates world be a free trade area?

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:26 pm

If you search the rules thread here for "branding": https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=159348, you will see what is not allowed under that category. Most likely, it was for putting your nation's name into the proposal text.

AtlantisB
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby AtlantisB » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 pm

OK thanks, will keep in mind for future reference.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:56 pm

ProTip: post your draft in this forum first. The GA regulars and moderators can help you to improve the text and weed out any illegalities.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Calladan
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calladan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:ProTip: post your draft in this forum first. The GA regulars and moderators can help you to improve the text and weed out any illegalities.

I second this - they can be very helpful :)
Tara A McGill, Ambassador to Lucinda G Doyle III
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Zathras. Then be Zathras"
A Rough Guide To Calladan | The Seven Years of Darkness | Ambassador McGill's Facebook Page
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, providing they are Christian & white" - Trump

AtlantisB
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby AtlantisB » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks, will keep it in mind for future reference.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:21 pm

AtlantisB wrote:Thanks, will keep it in mind for future reference.

Then why did you submit another iteration of your proposal? In fact, you submitted it without reading any rule other than the "branding" rule, which was cited for its original removal.

End all tariffs and quotas

A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.

Category: Free Trade

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: AtlantisB

Description: We are all well aware of the benefits of free trade, so let's scrap all restraints and barriers and enjoy to the fullest the benefits unfettered worldwide exchange brings.

I have implemented totally free trade unilaterally and the result has been an outright explosion in wealth and prosperity, so on the basis of my personal experience I recommend that we turn the entire world into a free trade area.

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days 4 hours

Your proposal states its intention to remove "all restrains and barriers" and to turn the "entire world into a free trade area". Two problems with this:

(a) GAR#209: World Assembly Trade Rights already reduces trade barriers to the point of non-existence, but does contain a few minor exceptions with regard to reciprocal tariffs and specific economic circumstances. It also recommends the creation/maintenance of custom trade zones. Overall, your proposal is duplication.

(b) You continue to write your proposals from your ambassador's POV. Proposals are pieces of legislation written from the General Assembly's POV.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly