NATION

PASSWORD

Weimar Republic of Germany Suspending support for WA

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Humberistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Weimar Republic of Germany Suspending support for WA

Postby Humberistan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:49 pm

I, Dictator of Humberistan, and Representative of Wiemar Republic of Germany are dropping all support for the WA. This enacts our immediate suspension of our voting in the WA. Until further notice, we will not vote for any proposals.

Signed,
Dictator of Humberistan
Füher of Wiemar Republic of Germany and of Wehrmacht

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Humberistan wrote:I, Dictator of Humberistan, and Representative of Wiemar Republic of Germany are dropping all support for the WA. This enacts our immediate suspension of our voting in the WA. Until further notice, we will not vote for any proposals.

Signed,
Dictator of Humberistan

"Any particular reason, or is the Weimar Republic just feeling ornery?"

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Humberistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Humberistan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Humberistan wrote:I, Dictator of Humberistan, and Representative of Wiemar Republic of Germany are dropping all support for the WA. This enacts our immediate suspension of our voting in the WA. Until further notice, we will not vote for any proposals.

Signed,
Dictator of Humberistan

No, we just don't agree with following other member's idiotic proposals.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Humberistan wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:

No, we just don't agree with following other member's idiotic proposals.

"Great, so I don't have to pretend to play nice and call you "Your Excellency" then," says Bell, leaning back in his seat. "Membership here is voluntary. If you don't like it, don't stick around, and don't let the door hit ya on the way out, buddy."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004

Postby Hirota » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:38 am

Oh look, it's another baby city-state moaning for attention.

Nobody cares about you and your backwards little region, so be a good ickle nation and go play in the corner.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

The Mounk
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mounk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:22 am

Looks like some nations just arn't cut out for the world stage...
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -6.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

Cogoria
Attaché

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cogoria » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:54 am

So are you resigning? Or simply refusing to vote? Because if you're merely refusing to vote then you will still need to comply with WA legislation.

The Sheika
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Sheika » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:57 am

Signed,
Dictator of Humberistan

That is your right, Ambassador, but if I may I would like point out something. I do not know if this helps or hinders your cause, but not voting does not mean you are free and clear of WA Resolutions. Member states have no choice but to comply. Now, if you and all other member states in your region were to withdraw from the WA you would be free to do as you please. Good luck.
Colonel Johnathan "Jack" Austin, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Department of International Affairs
Militaristic Federation of the Sheika
Regional Delegate of Absolution

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:05 am

Membership is voluntary. Nations resign all the time but don't need to announce it to the WA. Voting is also voluntary. Many members abstain from voting. There's no compulsion for you to do either, but if you remain a member and don't vote, you'll still be subject to the resolutions voted in.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly