NATION

PASSWORD

Eliminate Language Barriers

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 am

Gurori's WA Delegate Haruko Murakami has read over the proposal and sighs. She sends an email to the nation of "Noah's Second Country".

To whom is concerned,
The World Assembly already has a primary language that all member nations have taken time to learn and teach.
We see no need to throw that away and create a universal language, it simply would not work.
We hereby do not support your proposal.

Sincerely,
Haruko Murakami
Gurori's Delegate to the World Assembly
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:01 am

[ooc]After over a century, one of the highest sets of figures show that only about 0.03% of the world's population speak Esperanto.
The final clause of your definition "Defines the term universal language as a language spoken and understood by all or most of the world's population, an example being Esperanto." is thus factually inaccurate.

Any new synthetic language will start off with next to no speakers and only very slowly gain over time. You would need much stronger requirements before this idea had any practical effect.
[/ooc]
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Bambooli
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bambooli » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:31 am

We certainly appreciate this idea, it's simply impractical. Not only would the creation of an entirely new language take a large global effory, requiring that people all around learn this new language, or even another existing language, would be an astronomical task. If this action was feasible, you would be assured of Bambooli's full support, but right now it just doesn't seem possible.

Coronational Chechyans and affiliates
Attaché

Founded: Jul 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Coronational Chechyans and affiliates » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello I'm new to being a delegate (this is my third day) so I'm not entirely sure but wouldnt mandating teaching this in schools violate the numerous WA laws already passed protecting the states right to enforce their own educational standards?

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Coronational Chechyans and affiliates wrote:Hello I'm new to being a delegate (this is my third day) so I'm not entirely sure but wouldnt mandating teaching this in schools violate the numerous WA laws already passed protecting the states right to enforce their own educational standards?

OOC: Too bad we didn't have enough of those to prevent the passage of some SexEd resolutions.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Previous

Return to General Assembly