NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon May 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#10

Proposed by: Kowashi

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Having Nuclear Weaponry will instead provoke more violence between WA nations and nations outside of WA. Only nations part of the WA that have been chosen to have Nuclear Weaponry should be entitled to Nuclear Weaponry. Having Nuclear Weaponry of small, tiny and unable nations which join WA is a mistake. This will only cause more disputes and make war cause more harm.

Asks for Nuclear Weaponry to only be in the hands of a chosen few and those chosen few to protect other nations in WA.

Demands unselected nations to start dismantling their Nuclear Arms as soon as possible.

Legislating in a repeal. Damned stupid plan. No repeals clause.

I like this plan. As one of the more powerful nations in the WA, I am sure that we will be selected to have nuclear weapons. Then, we can intimidate the balls off everyone else! Best plan ever! [ /sarcasm ]
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Tue May 31, 2016 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue May 31, 2016 3:20 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

Resolution: GA#10

Proposed by: Kowashi

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Having Nuclear Weaponry will instead provoke more violence between WA nations and nations outside of WA. Only nations part of the WA that have been chosen to have Nuclear Weaponry should be entitled to Nuclear Weaponry. Having Nuclear Weaponry of small, tiny and unable nations which join WA is a mistake. This will only cause more disputes and make war cause more harm.

Asks for Nuclear Weaponry to only be in the hands of a chosen few and those chosen few to protect other nations in WA.

Demands unselected nations to start dismantling their Nuclear Arms as soon as possible.

Legislating in a repeal. Damned stupid plan. No repeals clause.

and WA Military...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue May 31, 2016 9:17 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Legislating in a repeal. Damned stupid plan. No repeals clause.

and WA Military...

I don't think so. It never creates an army or a police force, it just gives nukes only to selected nations.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue May 31, 2016 9:18 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:and WA Military...

I don't think so. It never creates an army or a police force, it just gives nukes only to selected nations.

'those chosen few to protect other nations in WA' violates 2 GA's WA banner clause.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue May 31, 2016 9:28 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:I don't think so. It never creates an army or a police force, it just gives nukes only to selected nations.

'those chosen few to protect other nations in WA' violates 2 GA's WA banner clause.

Seems like a stretch, but I could see that as an argument.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue May 31, 2016 11:44 am

Accurate Weapons Clause

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: JOWOWWO

Description: Description: A proposal decrease the amount of unneeded mortalities related to inaccurate weaponry.

Recognizing that, most inaccurate weaponry is outdated, and on the way to becoming extinct in the battlefield.

However, this proposal should make this process of elimination faster, but also aims to improve standards, especially on explosive launchers, which are known worldwide for being imprecise, and causing high casualties among comrades and enemies.

Creating guidelines that:
-Causes any weapon not accurate at 100+ meters should be removed from militaries within the World Assembly following the passage of this proposal;

-Cuts spending on explosive weapons that are not as accurate, wether or not they meet the previously mentioned criteria.

Hereby passes the Accurate Weapons Clause.

What is "accurate"? A 2cm shot group at 300 meters? +/- 1000 meters at 10000 km? Orbital strikes that land within a continent? Vague is not good. Vague is especially not good when you glorify this by labelling it significant.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue May 31, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:18 am

Embassy Concordia

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Proposed by: Milestek

Description: For us to feel more secure in other countries. We must have our own soldiers stationed at our embassies. If one of our embassies were attacked, we will be ready. However this attack will not be a deceleration of war from either side. That will be decided by the countries themselves.

I am not here to say whether or not countries should declare war, we are there to represent our country. If we feel unsafe we can leave or we can beef up security. We should be allowed to do just that.

Now the country that your embassy is in has a say in this also. If they feel unsafe by the embassy security, they may ask that country to pullout some of the security or they may ask them to leave.

The security must not attack anyone outside the perimeter of the embassy. Same goes to people on the outside, anyone outside the perimeter can not attack security or embassy staff inside the embassy perimeter. If anyone caught within the perimeter, without permission, may be arrested or killed (*LAST RESORT*) by security.

This also applies to outside the embassy. There will be a security convoy that goes along with the ambassador and staff no matter where they are in that country. If anyone of the citizens move directly toward the security, ambassador or staff, those citizens can and will be treated as a threat and will be arrested.

If anyone is arrested inside the embassy will be charged in the courts of the embassy's country. However this can be challenged by the citizen's country. They will have a fair trial. No matter the country's laws that go against it. If they are charged they will be sent to wherever the embassy's country sees fit. The same goes to security forces.

If any security force member is killed or injured, the embassy will be compensated.

If you support this proposal, you support your nation's security and safety.

Kinda bloggy, and not from WA perspective

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Repeal "The Rule of Law"

Resolution: GA#374

Proposed by: Ytol

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #374: The Rule of Law (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Dear the Nation's and associate's of the World Assembly

I must repel The Rule of Law with my argument of that my nation is still young in this world in fact a week today, we are still learning from our mistakes.

I fail to see why Ytol has been put into the spotlight of the WA with us being forced to improve human rights, this is the one thing we have struggled to supply to our people but what we have accomplished is being the 31,088th highest welfare in the world and 1,381st in the North Pacific Region; We also have the 41,961st most effective Health care in the world and 1,748th in the North Pacfic region.

We the Ytoloian Government spend 25% of our economy into our people. With those who argue that more is needed how can a nation which just surpassed 1 trillion Lances be able to fund our people without sacrifices.

Our Civil Rights are classed as very good which something very hard for our Goverment to accomplish in which we sacrificed our economy to go from Thriving to Average and over time we made it back.

Sincerely Ytol's Ruler: JG JG

Branding, blog

------

Mental Health Standards

A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.

Category: Health

Area of Effect: Healthcare

Proposed by: Gagala

Description:

Recognizing that Mental Health Standards need tp be heightened,as many people suffer from the issues every day,but nothing is done.

Angered by the failure to promote mental health clinics in many nations and regions.

Hoping that times are changing and nations will begin to fully realise the issue.

Thank you.

Authored by The Republic of Gagala

Branding, bumpersticker, does nothing.

--------

Electric Vehicles

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: Automotive

Proposed by: High Olympus

Description: The Members of the World Assembly:

Recognising that fossil fuelled vehicles release nitrogen oxide into the atmosphere which will help destroy the environment;

Recognising that this will effect human health and un-natural phenomenons such as acid rain and smog will start to occur more often worldwide;

Resolved that decreasing the amount of fossil fuelled vehicles and replacing them with electric vehicles will help slow down climate change and will help sub stain our environment;

The General Assembly herby enacts the following:

Encourages all fellow nation's governments to fund the production of electric vehicles;

2. Encourages all fellow nations's car dealerships to increase the number of electric cars they produce and sell;

3. Encourages all fellow nation's governments to provide a grant to people who buy electrical vehicles;

4. Declares that all people who own fossil fuelled vehicles may take their vehicle to a mechanic to perform an electric conversation. Mechanics will be paid extra money to perform this;

5. Declares that all people who drive an electric vehicle may drive in bus lanes until further notice;

6. Declares the all fellow nation's governments must install induction charging in all main roads so electric vehicles are charged while they drive.

7. Encourages all fellow nations with a high proportion of non-renewable power generation should look to alternative sources including hydro, wind and solar generation so electrical vehicles are powered by renewable energy;

A whole gaggle of bumperstickers thrown together.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:24 pm

The Anti Nuclear Deal

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament

Proposed by: The Southern United States Republic

Description: Proposal: I Propose, on behalf of my nation and region, that every nation should rid themselves of nuclear weapons.
Reasoning: This disarmament would cease all threats of nuclear war, therefore making the world a much safer place. It would also make wars such as the Cold War, which lasted a full 53 years, less frightening for the lesser powers of the world.

Branding, blog, RW references.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Cutting Down Deforestation!

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Industry Affected: Logging

Proposed by: Naxon Islands

Description: Considering that the worlds rainforests are rapidly being cut down for the benifit of Industry and local governments are not observing the logging, i submit thos proposal to raise restrictions on the logging Industry. This would help the world to maintain a healthy enviroment by placing restrictions on lpgging companies and

That's not a proposal, it's a protest sign.

Not Ta'veren

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Cutting Down Deforestation!

Industry Affected: Logging

Proposed by: Naxon Islands

Description: Considering that the worlds rainforests are rapidly being cut down for the benifit of Industry and local governments are not observing the logging, i submit thos proposal to raise restrictions on the logging Industry. This would help the world to maintain a healthy enviroment by placing restrictions on lpgging companies and

That's not a proposal, it's a protest sign.

And a badly written one at that. (Worlds, benifit, thos, lpgging.)
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Bears Armed Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed Mission » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:29 am

The Civil Rights Act
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Proposed by: Mongulu

Description: Argument: World Assembly

Recognizing: That systematic discrimination of all forms are still present in today's changing society, and that we must fight to eliminate.

Understanding: That most nation have tried to all ability to discard systematic discrimination, but it would improve racial relations all over the civilized society we find ourselves in.

Dissapointed: That some nations have put this issue aside and will continue to let people suffer inequality that doesn't need to happen.

Hoping: That this important piece of legislation, will improve relations with foreign nations, and within all nations people and bring peace and prosperity to the world.

Believing: That we should no longer be discriminating against people based on religion, race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, sexuality, etc. Knowing that only real change will occur if we stop being so quiet, and start getting loud.

Hereby Proposes: The Civil Rights Act

Approvals: 4 (Vancouvia, Europe and Oceania, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, Aethelia)
Voting Ends: in 2 days 5 hours

Blogposal, effectively does nothing, and if it did do anything would be duplication of the CoCR...
Last edited by Bears Armed Mission on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A diplomatic mission from Bears Armed, formerly stationed at the W.A. . Population = either thirty-two or sixty-four staff, maybe plus some dependents.

GA & SC Resolution Author

Ardchoille says: “Bears can be depended on for decent arguments even when there aren't any”.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:17 am

Bears Armed Mission wrote:*snip*
Blogposal, effectively does nothing, and if it did do anything would be duplication of the CoCR...

It wasn't a completely useless piece of drivel, so I TGed the author, suggesting they ask for it to be pulled. We'll see if they actually do.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Bears Armed Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed Mission » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:01 am

Human Rights Laws

Proposed by: Bastkian

Description: I propose we establish this Bill onto all WA Connected countries, The Acts in question are:

Age Discrimination Act
Prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs or activities
receiving federal financial assistance.

Age Discrimination in Employment Act
Prohibits employers from discriminating against workers and applicants who are 40 years of age and older, based on their age.

Air Carrier Access Act
Prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in the provision of (including access to) air transportation.

Humans with Disabilities Act
Protects persons with disabilities from discrimination in many aspects of life, including employment, education, and access to public accommodations.

Architectural Barriers Act
Requires that buildings and facilities designed, constructed, altered, or leased with certain federal funds after September 1969 must be accessible to and useable by handicapped persons.

Civil Rights Act
Prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin.

Civil Rights Act(Intentional Employment Discrimination)
To amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to strengthen and improve Federal civil rights laws, to provide for damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination, to clarify provisions regarding disparate impact actions, and for other purposes.

Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act
Protecting persons in institutions (including residents in government-run nursing homes, and prisoners) from unconstitutional conditions.

Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act
Provides for equitable and impartial relief operations, without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, or economic status.

The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
Prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, or because an applicant receives income from a public assistance program.

Equal Pay Act
Requires that employers pay all employees equal.

These are basic rights that everyone (without a criminal sentence) should have.

Thank you for reading, I hope you agree.

- The Proud Republic of Bastkian

Approvals: 4 (Europe and Oceania, The Anarchic fascist republic of an isle, New York Giants, Floratrini)
Voting Ends: in 2 days 15 hours

Illegal: Branding, no real operative clause, and attempted duplication of existing legislation.

Renewable Energy

Industry Affected: All Businesses
Proposed by: Romerea

Description: The World Assembly,

Acknowledging that the burning of fossil fuels to generate energy is a problem because it releases greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere;

Realising that the release of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere is harmful to humans, animals, the environment and will also cause acid rain and an increased rate of global warming;

Realising that the discontinuation of burning fossil fuels for energy and instead using renewable forms of energy will be beneficial to animals, people and the environment;

The General Assembly hereby:

1. Requires all member nations to discontinue use of fossil fuels to generate energy;

2. Requires all member nations to cease extraction of fossil fuels;

3. Requires all member nations to discontinue exporting and/or importing fossil fuels;

4. Encourages all member nations to increase the amount of solar energy plants they use to generate electricity for the nation;

5. Encourages all member nations to increase the amount of wind farms they use to generate electricity for the nation;

6. Encourages all member nations to increase the amount of hydropower plants they use to generate electricity for the nation;

7. Encourages all member nations to increase the amount of biomass plants they use to generate electricity for the nation;

8. Encourages all member nations to increase the amount of geothermal power plants they use to generate electricity for the nation;

9. Encourages all member nations to research better ways of harnessing renewable energy which will be beneficial for the environment;

Approvals: 3 (Europe and Oceania, Scieca Yeodeol, The Anarchic fascist republic of an isle)

As I said when this was submitted before, contradicts GAR #301 'Ban on Leaded Fuel' because the latter allows member nations to take a few years about the phase-out whereas this proposal would -- under WA rules -- take effect immediately.

To improve healthcare

Proposed by: HAVE FAITH IN ME

Description: To improve the worlds is healthcare by:
1. Improving the training of healthcare staff
2. Having funding for hospices and more hospitals
3. Having a minimum number of healthcare facilities in a nation
4. Having free healthcare for the poor, critically ill and children under 9

Approvals: 0
Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Simplistic, and probably duplication.
A diplomatic mission from Bears Armed, formerly stationed at the W.A. . Population = either thirty-two or sixty-four staff, maybe plus some dependents.

GA & SC Resolution Author

Ardchoille says: “Bears can be depended on for decent arguments even when there aren't any”.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:36 am

Bears Armed Mission wrote:
To improve healthcare

Proposed by: HAVE FAITH IN ME

Description: To improve the worlds is healthcare by:
1. Improving the training of healthcare staff
2. Having funding for hospices and more hospitals
3. Having a minimum number of healthcare facilities in a nation
4. Having free healthcare for the poor, critically ill and children under 9

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Simplistic, and probably duplication.

If it did anything, then yeah. It reads as though preamble clauses collided with active clause effects, but it just says "this would improve healthcare", not "does this to improve healthcare"

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:26 pm

Repeal "Crime and Punishment"

Resolution: GA#375

Proposed by: Prodos-Technos

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #375: Crime and Punishment (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The World Assembly,

Resserting that the government have the plenty liberty to punish their citizens,

Acknowledging that the government needs to defend the civil rights of people,

Defining that the non-violent crime can be punished too, depending on,

I propose, hereby:

1. Each State shall deem what is considered a heinous crime and what it considers non-violent crime.

2. Each State should always consider the death penalty as a possibility for criminals.

3. States should choose whether to defend the civil rights or not, and if the case is not, the State may choose to torture and psychological harm in pressure situations.

4. Forbids member nations from executing children.

5. Requires member nations to take every possible measure to ensure that innocent people are never executed, and further requires members to conduct regular studies of death-penalty cases to verify that proper legal procedures are followed before convicted persons are put to death;

6. All States have the right to extradicting criminals.

7. Forbids member nations from death sentence causeless.

8. Each governor should rule as well understand how it should be your country.

Proposed by: Prodos-Technos

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #375: Crime and Punishment (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The World Assembly,

Resserting that the government have the plenty liberty to punish their citizens,

Acknowledging that the government needs to defend the civil rights of people,

Defining that the non-violent crime can be punished too, depending on,

I propose, hereby:

1. Each State shall deem what is considered a heinous crime and what it considers non-violent crime.

2. Each State should always consider the death penalty as a possibility for criminals.

3. States should choose whether to defend the civil rights or not, and if the case is not, the State may choose to torture and psychological harm in pressure situations.

4. Forbids member nations from executing children.

5. Requires member nations to take every possible measure to ensure that innocent people are never executed, and further requires members to conduct regular studies of death-penalty cases to verify that proper legal procedures are followed before convicted persons are put to death;

6. All States have the right to extradicting criminals.

7. Forbids member nations from death sentence causeless.

8. Each governor should rule as well understand how it should be your country.

No legislating in a repeal! Read the damn rules.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Bears Armed Mission wrote:
Human Rights Laws

Proposed by: Bastkian

Description: I propose we establish this Bill onto all WA Connected countries, The Acts in question are:

Age Discrimination Act
Prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs or activities
receiving federal financial assistance.

Age Discrimination in Employment Act
Prohibits employers from discriminating against workers and applicants who are 40 years of age and older, based on their age.

Air Carrier Access Act
Prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in the provision of (including access to) air transportation.

Humans with Disabilities Act
Protects persons with disabilities from discrimination in many aspects of life, including employment, education, and access to public accommodations.

Architectural Barriers Act
Requires that buildings and facilities designed, constructed, altered, or leased with certain federal funds after September 1969 must be accessible to and useable by handicapped persons.

Civil Rights Act
Prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin.

Civil Rights Act(Intentional Employment Discrimination)
To amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to strengthen and improve Federal civil rights laws, to provide for damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination, to clarify provisions regarding disparate impact actions, and for other purposes.

Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act
Protecting persons in institutions (including residents in government-run nursing homes, and prisoners) from unconstitutional conditions.

Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act
Provides for equitable and impartial relief operations, without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, or economic status.

The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
Prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, or because an applicant receives income from a public assistance program.

Equal Pay Act
Requires that employers pay all employees equal.

These are basic rights that everyone (without a criminal sentence) should have.

Thank you for reading, I hope you agree.

- The Proud Republic of Bastkian

Approvals: 4 (Europe and Oceania, The Anarchic fascist republic of an isle, New York Giants, Floratrini)

Illegal: Branding, no real operative clause, and attempted duplication of existing legislation.

You missed the RL references.
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Proposed by: Arlankia

Argument: It is not the Council's business how I treat my people! What do you think I am, a democracy?

One liner bullshit, and posted twice.

------

Proposed by: Arlankia

Argument: This is unjust. I can let the assembly just run into my country and rewrite my constitution whenever they want! The people don't want rights or freedom or media. They want a country that is willing to develop and that has a military and police force willing to protect them!!! The glorious people of Arlankia will take up arms against the so-called "assembly" If any further action is taken to weaken Arlankia.

Branding, and third one in the queue on the same topic by the same person.

-------

Promoting Secular Democracy

Proposed by: Socialist Nordia

Description: ACKNOWLEDGING the importance of the separation of church and state in a democracy;

RECOGNISING that religious authority is often used to justify the authority of dictators;

REALISING that religious and non-religious minorities of many nations are often oppressed by a religious majority;

CONDEMNING nations which show favouritism towards any particular religious group;

1. REQUIRES religious minorities to be given all of the same rights as the majority;

2. GIVES these same protections to those who choose not to believe, including atheists, agnostics, and all other nonreligious groups;

3. PROMOTES the development of secular governments in nations participating in the World Assembly;

4. PROHIBITS the use of religion to justify authoritarian rule;

5. DISCOURAGES the teaching of religion in public schools;

6. GRANTS the right of individuals to adhere to religious teachings by choice;

7. FORBIDS compulsory, state-sponsored religion as a means of suppressing non-believing individuals;

8. OPPOSES violent religious fundamentalism.

Ideological ban

Not Ta'veren

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:

Description: ACKNOWLEDGING the importance of the separation of church and state in a democracy;

RECOGNISING that religious authority is often used to justify the authority of dictators;

REALISING that religious and non-religious minorities of many nations are often oppressed by a religious majority;

CONDEMNING nations which show favouritism towards any particular religious group;

1. REQUIRES religious minorities to be given all of the same rights as the majority;

2. GIVES these same protections to those who choose not to believe, including atheists, agnostics, and all other nonreligious groups;

3. PROMOTES the development of secular governments in nations participating in the World Assembly;

7. FORBIDS compulsory, state-sponsored religion as a means of suppressing non-believing individuals;

Ideological ban

Is it, though?

"7. FORBIDS compulsory, state-sponsored religion as a means of suppressing non-believing individuals"

It basically just reinforces CoCR:
Charter of Civil Rights wrote:c ) All inhabitants of member states have the right not to be and indeed must not be discriminated against on grounds including sex, race, ethnicity, nationality, skin color, language, economic or cultural background, physical or mental disability or condition, religion or belief system, sexual orientation or sexual identity, or any other arbitrarily assigned and reductive categorisation which may be used for the purposes of discrimination, except for compelling practical purposes, such as hiring only female staff to work with battered women who have sought refuge from their abusers.

And as people keep telling me, you're allowed to expand on the specific parts of the CoCR.

As for the "OPPOSES" clause at the end, I read that as a sort of "preamble after the fact" that some resolutions have tagged at the end.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:

Ideological ban

Is it, though?

"7. FORBIDS compulsory, state-sponsored religion as a means of suppressing non-believing individuals"

It basically just reinforces CoCR:
Charter of Civil Rights wrote:c ) All inhabitants of member states have the right not to be and indeed must not be discriminated against on grounds including sex, race, ethnicity, nationality, skin color, language, economic or cultural background, physical or mental disability or condition, religion or belief system, sexual orientation or sexual identity, or any other arbitrarily assigned and reductive categorisation which may be used for the purposes of discrimination, except for compelling practical purposes, such as hiring only female staff to work with battered women who have sought refuge from their abusers.

And as people keep telling me, you're allowed to expand on the specific parts of the CoCR.

As for the "OPPOSES" clause at the end, I read that as a sort of "preamble after the fact" that some resolutions have tagged at the end.

While you focus on the "secular" word, I focus on "democracy"., in which yes it is an ideological ban, mandating everybody be a US style democracy.

Not Ta'veren

Wrapper
Retired Moderator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:42 pm

It has its own thread (as you've noticed by now), so please keep all discussions there and not here. Thanks.

SchutteGod
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SchutteGod » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:06 pm

Proposed by: The Grand Commonwealth

Argument: Acknowledging that Resolution 375 is the type of resolution that is fostered from good intentions and with the spirit of functional ethicality in mind,

Recognizing that the World Assembly has attempted to deal with the issue of Capital Punishment for some time and that it has previously repealed resolutions for exploitable or otherwise insufficient language,

Believing that the contention to impose minimal restrictions is insufficient to secure the humane treatment of capital punishment,

Encouraging the great nations of the World Assembly to reconsider the language of the following clauses in the aforementioned Resolution:

1. As a subjective clause this declaration enables governments to describe offenses as grave and serious without objective measure, thereby allowing them to abuse capital punishment;
2. As a subjective clause this clause does not provide an objective scale for measure or designate a neutral body for which to determine appropriate sentencing for criminal endeavors and thus lacks any legal meaning;
3. As a reassertion of a previous resolution against torture this clause is unnecessary;
4. This clause inaccurately underestimates the potential for non-democratic, political or cultural power of criminals which is in essence nonviolent;
6. This clause does not attempt to define due process or account for the varying legal systems of the many nations of this Assembly;
9. This clause requires member nations to take "every possible measure" in preventing the execution of innocent individuals, however, requiring simply that member nations endeavour to prevent innocent deaths by execution and also requiring their submission to an international, neutral body of period review of such cases would be less cumbersome and restrictive without being exploitative,

Recognizing that a new resolution needs to outline and define that capital punishment be sanctionable only when the individual charged is deemed by the World Assembly--or a subcommittee devoted to such considerations--to be

1. by their continued existence a severe and otherwise unconscionable detriment to the safety or well-being of persons, peoples, or economies;
2. that through political or cultural power and influence the continued existence of these individuals despite incarceration of the highest degree presents an aberrant and unmitigated risk to such issues of civil freedoms of the populace;
3. that the continued existence of these individuals would result in the supersedence of the democratically passed resolutions of this Assembly and its member nations or otherwise threaten the democratic process of this assembly.

Approvals: 8 (Fiscis, Drittes Deutsches Reich, Greudan, Olscain, Gagala, The rouge Christmas state, Alleines Nationaliste, The Holy Empire of San Marino)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 1 hour

Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out what would be more unpopular: a resolution to ban the death penalty, or a resolution to require all nations to get the WA's permission before executing anyone?
The Autocratic Freak Show of SchutteGod: Fun FAQs | UN Fairness and Equality Act (author) | WA Charter of Civil Rights (co-author)

IPCD
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby IPCD » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:24 am

The alliance of nations

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Tonys republic

Description: We should be united and strong against Nazi and communist nations with corrupt governments and with the regions who have been affected by these monsters I urge you to get involved and rid them forever.

1. Countries must treat their citizens fair

2. no forceful entry into regions

3. Never let power control you

Voting Ends: in 2 days 22 hours

Meta gaming, RL referances, Just plain silly.

SchutteGod
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SchutteGod » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:06 pm

More:

Proposed by: Jundoria

Argument: This is an attack on sovereignty that should be repealed!

Approvals: 2 (Fiscis, -Mr Money-)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 20 hours

NatSov repeal.

Proposed by: United Men of the World

Argument: Hello there,
I am Dictator Ben of The Dictatorship of United Men of the World. My country has a problem with this law because of number three. We believe that our country shall be allowed to torture anyone we suspect of trying to ruin our nation. We would not torture them enough to kill them, but enough to get answers out of them. This is necessary when 90% of the countries in the world don't believe in this, and you are a dictatorship nation. Therefore, we believe that we should be able to torture our suspects for national security.

Thank you,

Dictator Ben of The Dictatorship of United Men of the World.

Approvals: 1 (-Mr Money-)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 8 hours

Branding, bloggy, no operative clause.
The Autocratic Freak Show of SchutteGod: Fun FAQs | UN Fairness and Equality Act (author) | WA Charter of Civil Rights (co-author)

Tinfect
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tinfect » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Just Say No!

A resolution to ban, legalize, or encourage recreational drugs.

Category: Recreational Drug Use

Decision: Promote

Proposed by: XXSirPandaXx

Description: "Just Say No!" Enactment educates children on the bad effects of drug usage, and also targets alcohol abuse as well.

One of our main goals, and hopefully the effect of this program as well, is to make a healthier world for the new generation of people.

We need all the support we can get to help this proposal get through and hopefully you can make the "Just Say No!" Campaign can make the world a better place!

Bloggy, and just plain stupid. Also a 'Decision' failure, as I'm pretty certain that while the 'Just Say No' campaign has ended up promoting drug usage, that wasn't the intention.
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, He/Him
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, He/Him
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, She/Her

Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.

Imperium Central News Network: EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL CITIZENS ARE TO PROCEED TO EVACUATION SITES IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL FURTHER SUBSPACE SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS ARE TO BE DISABLED IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS ARE ACCESS PROHIBITED BY STANDARD/BLACKOUT [Error: Format Unrecognized] | Indomitable Bastard #283
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly