NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] WHA Cardiovascular Research

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Yes, but this draft's purpose is to research and treat heart disease. That is already covered under WHA.

"Specific resolutions dealing with discrimination are legal, despite the existence of the Charter on Civil Rights, and yet resolutions preventing discriminatory action exist. This is the same concept. The WHO is tasked to deal with health issues abroad. There is no reason that the World Assembly couldn't decide to focus on a specific facet under the auspice of the WHO."

Diallus wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"Minor duplication for the sake of addressing a specific issue that is part of a greater problem has always been acceptable. Especially if the author ties his work into the WHO, this wouldn't be especially illegal, otherwise the entire category would be closed off."

"Would you suggest that the WHDA and MCHD be established under the World Health Authority?"

"Yes."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Diallus
Secretary

Founded: Nov 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Diallus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Yes, but this draft's purpose is to research and treat heart disease. That is already covered under WHA.

"Specific resolutions dealing with discrimination are legal, despite the existence of the Charter on Civil Rights, and yet resolutions preventing discriminatory action exist. This is the same concept. The WHO is tasked to deal with health issues abroad. There is no reason that the World Assembly couldn't decide to focus on a specific facet under the auspice of the WHO."

Diallus wrote:"Would you suggest that the WHDA and MCHD be established under the World Health Authority?"

"Yes."

"Thank you. I've added it into the description. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be put, or anything else you see that needs to be done?"

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Diallus wrote:"Thank you. I've added it into the description. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be put, or anything else you see that needs to be done?"

"Yes, Ambassador. Wait at least a week or two to submit, because invariably there will be other concerns. The people who have helped you out today are a small fraction of the Assembly, and they might even have been mistaken in some aspects! Not likely, but you never know. Anyway, they always say writing a resolution is a marathon and not a sprint, and they ain't wrong."
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Diallus wrote:"Thank you. I've added it into the description. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be put, or anything else you see that needs to be done?"

"Yes, Ambassador. Wait at least a week or two to submit, because invariably there will be other concerns. The people who have helped you out today are a small fraction of the Assembly, and they might even have been mistaken in some aspects! Not likely, but you never know. Anyway, they always say writing a resolution is a marathon and not a sprint, and they ain't wrong."

"Hell, I don't know what the hell I'm saying one day to the next," Bell replies, sneaking a gulp from his flask.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Diallus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Diallus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:

"Agreed. Thank you!

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:46 pm

"There appears to be two main issues. The committee only issue remains: if you stripped out the committee, the proposal has no operative clause. Throwing in a straightforward requires or urges clause that has an effect on member states independent of the committee could solve this. Clause 2 is likely to be a contradiction of GAR#17, clause 8. Mandating that member nations make a particular item of expense tax deductible is an interference in domestic tax policy.

"I can also see an issue that it appears to straddle more than one area of effect in the health category. I haven't a breeze how much of a problem this is, if it even is a problem, as I don't think there's a whole lot of secretariat precedent on the matter."
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Diallus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Diallus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Bananaistan wrote:"There appears to be two main issues. The committee only issue remains: if you stripped out the committee, the proposal has no operative clause. Throwing in a straightforward requires or urges clause that has an effect on member states independent of the committee could solve this. Clause 2 is likely to be a contradiction of GAR#17, clause 8. Mandating that member nations make a particular item of expense tax deductible is an interference in domestic tax policy.

"I can also see an issue that it appears to straddle more than one area of effect in the health category. I haven't a breeze how much of a problem this is, if it even is a problem, as I don't think there's a whole lot of secretariat precedent on the matter."

"I removed clause 2, and added other clauses to resolve these issues. Thanks for your help! If you notice anything else, and help is greatly appreciated."

Kilimantonian
Attaché

Founded: May 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kilimantonian » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Okay. There are a few problems with this. First of all, it only establishes a committee to do things, and doesn't do anything outside of that. This means that it contradicts the rules laid out in this very important post. Second of all, my citizens have almost no trouble with heart disease, and I'm sure many other nations are in a similar situation. This means that heart disease is not a pressing international issue, and therefore should not be legislated on by the WA. Thanks for taking an interest in the WA, and especially for posting here first. See you around!
WA debater/ambassador is Jimmy H. Franklin

Wrapper wrote:Are you sure that word means what you think it means?
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:Dammit, you couldn't have let me have that shit the first time around???
Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.
- Groucho Marx

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Kilimantonian wrote:Second of all, my citizens have almost no trouble with heart disease, and I'm sure many other nations are in a similar situation. This means that heart disease is not a pressing international issue, and therefore should not be legislated on by the WA. Thanks for taking an interest in the WA, and especially for posting here first. See you around!

"And? The several resolutions this assembly has passed detailing voter freedoms and regulations don't apply to nondemocratic governments. That doesn't mean the issues were not of international value."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:21 am

Diallus wrote:Description: This proposal will establish the World Heart Disease Association (WHDA), a world health association, established under the World Health Authority (WHA), that focuses solely on finding: 1) a cure for heart disease; 2) a quick discovery method for heart disease; 3) heart disease prevention; and 4) slowing the development of heart disease. Also establishes the Medical Center for Heart Disease (MCHD), a research-treatment hospital to be established in each nation that: 1) requests it; or 2) has a high rate of death due to heart disease. The cost of building each center will be covered by the WHDA funding.

OOC: Leave this out entirely. That's not what "Description" in the submission form means.

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Specific resolutions dealing with discrimination are legal, despite the existence of the Charter on Civil Rights

Not everyone agrees that this should be allowed, mind you...

"Would you suggest that the WHDA and MCHD be established under the World Health Authority?"

"Yes."

Seconded. Use the existing committee since it's not one named after the Nazi secret police.

Separatist Peoples wrote:"And? The several resolutions this assembly has passed detailing voter freedoms and regulations don't apply to nondemocratic governments. That doesn't mean the issues were not of international value."

And you honestly think heart disease is of international value?

OOC: And to nitpick, it shouldn't be "heart disease" but cardiovascular disease.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:46 am

Araraukar wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"And? The several resolutions this assembly has passed detailing voter freedoms and regulations don't apply to nondemocratic governments. That doesn't mean the issues were not of international value."

OOC: And to nitpick, it shouldn't be "heart disease" but cardiovascular disease.

"Ordinarily? No. But this is, frankly, exactly the kind of topic Health|Research was meant to cover, and it is an issue that not only prevalent internationally, but measured as a cause of death by the WA. I'm struggling to see why this shouldn't be considered based on that."

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Araraukar wrote:

"Ordinarily? No. But this is, frankly, exactly the kind of topic Health|Research was meant to cover, and it is an issue that not only prevalent internationally, but measured as a cause of death by the WA. I'm struggling to see why this shouldn't be considered based on that."

Parsons: Would not the creation of such a resolutions board be more tailored for researching health threats such as pandemics or such?

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Parsons: Would not the creation of such a resolutions board be more tailored for researching health threats such as pandemics or such?

"Why must a disease be infectious to merit international cooperation? Malnutrition, cancer, depression, and diabetes are all also public health issues in the developed world that would likely benefit from cooperation in research. Just because the diseases aren't sexy like Polio and Spon plague doesn't mean they lack a public health merit."

Diallus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Diallus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Diallus wrote:Description: This proposal will establish the World Heart Disease Association (WHDA), a world health association, established under the World Health Authority (WHA), that focuses solely on finding: 1) a cure for heart disease; 2) a quick discovery method for heart disease; 3) heart disease prevention; and 4) slowing the development of heart disease. Also establishes the Medical Center for Heart Disease (MCHD), a research-treatment hospital to be established in each nation that: 1) requests it; or 2) has a high rate of death due to heart disease. The cost of building each center will be covered by the WHDA funding.

OOC: Leave this out entirely. That's not what "Description" in the submission form means.

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Specific resolutions dealing with discrimination are legal, despite the existence of the Charter on Civil Rights

Not everyone agrees that this should be allowed, mind you...

"Yes."

Seconded. Use the existing committee since it's not one named after the Nazi secret police.

"I took your advice, and reworked a bunch of things. Thanks for your feedback!

Diallus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Diallus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Kilimantonian wrote:Okay. There are a few problems with this. First of all, it only establishes a committee to do things, and doesn't do anything outside of that. This means that it contradicts the rules laid out in this very important post.

"Thank you for your response. I've reworked much of this proposal, and was wondering if you had any more issues, or suggestions on how to fix them. Thank you!"

Herby
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:34 pm

This really needs a new title. What does the resolution DO? What is its purpose? If its purpose is to create a committee, that just sounds like burocracy to me. Try "On Cardiovascular Disease" or "Cardiovascular Disease Research" or something like that.
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:00 am

Herby wrote:This really needs a new title. What does the resolution DO? What is its purpose? If its purpose is to create a committee, that just sounds like burocracy to me. Try "On Cardiovascular Disease" or "Cardiovascular Disease Research" or something like that.

OOC: Of course Herby will support anything that concerns CARdiovascular something. :p

IC: The latter title is just one mark too long - the title limit is 30 marks, including spaces - and many people around here refuse to vote for anything that starts with "on", but in this instance it would actually be fitting...

Hmm, since WHA will be used by the proposal, why not
"WHA On Cardiovascular Disease"?

OOC: Is it only letters (and possibly numbers) allowed on the resolution titles? Is punctuation allowed?
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:50 am

Now for the detailed analysis. Let's see what this beastie has eaten. *pulls out the Proposal Scalpel*

Diallus wrote:ASTONISHED by the number of people that die of heart disease in each nation; and

This isn't true in all the nations, though (OOC: some have cyborgs and whatnot - PPU counts as "whatnot" - as citizens), so why not make it read "ASTONISHED by the number of people that die of cardiovascular disease in many member nations;"? Changing "heart disease" to "cardiovascular disease" will make this sound more scientific, though you may want to include at the top of your first post - NOT in the proposal text! - this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiovas ... ease#Types so that it'll be obvious to everyone what we're talking about, and change every mention of "heart disease" to "cardiovascular disease" in the rest of the draft as well.

NOTING that a cooperative effort to stop or cure heart disease could save millions of lives and a large amount of money; and

Why is money mentioned? It's not necessarily going to save money to have more people live longer and require pensions and healthcare and all that, rather than dying off with one massive heart-attack. Why not just leave the money part out? Saving lives is good enough a heart-string-puller.
(OOC: I find it oddly fitting to include today's Nation Analysis ranking here to point out that my ambassador knows what she's talking about. :p "Araraukar is ranked 4th in Osiris and 143rd in the world for Longest Average Lifespans")

ALSO ACKNOWLEDGING that focusing solely on one disease at a time will hasten the process; and

Debatable, and as you've already had me objecting to this, expect it to be objected on by numerous others.

NOTING that working internationally to solve this issue will hasten the process, provide results quickly to every nation, and provide less national fiscal harm;

I get it that you're trying to sell this to nations who want to keep their economies strong and moneys out of reach of the WA Enforcement Gnomes, but you may want to re-think underlining it so much.

HEREBY establishes the World Cardiovascular Research Center (WCRC)

This one should probably be named World Assembly Cardiovascular Research Center (WACRC). (OOC: I get it, you're trying to recreate the CDC, but remember that the WA operates across different universes, not just different nations, so put in the "Assembly" into its name. And yeah, I know WHA doesn't have it, but if it was just being established, I'd recommend it to have the extra A, too. ;))

From here, change every mention of "nation" to "member nation", since things like "any nation" can be read trying to influence non-WA nations, which the WA can't do (it's a minor illegality, but it's best to not have any).

1. States that the funding of the association will be from donations of either nations or citizens of those nations (exception, clause 3);

Just use the General Fund for this, like everything else does - you can leave it unmentioned, actually, since WA committees draw funds from that anyway, and you're making this work under WHA (OOC aside: my fingers keep typoing that as WAH).

2. Requests that breakthroughs in heart health in any nation be reported to the WCRC and CCS for further study;

Why request? Require instead, and make it "scientific breakthroughs and existing information on heart health". Remember, this is all about scientific research on cardiovascular disease now, and I don't think you want only things discovered after this passes (if it does) to be shared, but also existing information. (OOC: Some nations are more technologically advanced than others, so expect arguments stemming from that, if you change the text as recommended.)

3. Urges nations that are currently researching cardiovascular disease register their research center with the WCRC;

You have a numbering mishap with two clause 3's. Also, you could, again, require - or, to keep the text flowing, "also requires" - this to happen, not just urge.

3. States that nations will not be required to pay for upkeep of any hospital under the Cardiovascular Care System, as these will be run solely on donations;

That probably won't work so well in all nations. Many nations have universal healthcare systems, and others instead opt for the "you pay for your care yourself, keep your grubby hands out of my wallet" system, and in both cases this idea would be in trouble. Step back and ask yourself what you actually want the CCS to be and do? Right now it's not entirely obvious.

4. Registers any hospital under the Cardiovascular Care System as a special-treatment hospital in each nation that has a high rate of death due to cardiovascular disease;

Answering the question above will help deal with this, so saving further comment for later.

5. Treatment costs will be covered by: 1) the patient; 2) a portion by the patient, a portion by insurance; 3) the WCRC if treatment gave critical information;

Nix this. It's going into micromanagement territory and once you sort out what the CCS actually is and what it does, you'll have a better view of where the money comes from.

6. Does not require nations to adopt the CCS;

Then why have it? You could make this be solely about medical research as per the category's area of effect that you've chosen, and leave the treatment side - apart from maybe mandating that the info be disseminated to the healthcare systems of the member states so they can do the treatment on their own - out entirely.

7. Urges nations that do not adopt a CCS to assist the WCRC in research in their own laboratories, and report results.

You're already requiring (if you change the wording as I suggested) that they share all breakthroughs and information, so this isn't really needed.

What you still DO need, is an active clause that has nothing whatsoever to do with WHA, WACRC or CCS. Otherwise this still runs afoul of the "committee only" illegality. You can make it an "ENCOURAGES" or "URGES" clause, and it should probably have something to do with cardiovascular disease prevention, but it must be something that addresses the nations themselves, without any references to anything above. I know it sounds silly, but under the current rules it's required.

Diallus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Diallus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Araraukar wrote:Now for the detailed analysis. Let's see what this beastie has eaten. *pulls out the Proposal Scalpel*

Diallus wrote:ASTONISHED by the number of people that die of heart disease in each nation; and

This isn't true in all the nations, though (OOC: some have cyborgs and whatnot - PPU counts as "whatnot" - as citizens), so why not make it read "ASTONISHED by the number of people that die of cardiovascular disease in many member nations;"? Changing "heart disease" to "cardiovascular disease" will make this sound more scientific, though you may want to include at the top of your first post - NOT in the proposal text! - this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiovas ... ease#Types so that it'll be obvious to everyone what we're talking about, and change every mention of "heart disease" to "cardiovascular disease" in the rest of the draft as well.

NOTING that a cooperative effort to stop or cure heart disease could save millions of lives and a large amount of money; and

Why is money mentioned? It's not necessarily going to save money to have more people live longer and require pensions and healthcare and all that, rather than dying off with one massive heart-attack. Why not just leave the money part out? Saving lives is good enough a heart-string-puller.
(OOC: I find it oddly fitting to include today's Nation Analysis ranking here to point out that my ambassador knows what she's talking about. :p "Araraukar is ranked 4th in Osiris and 143rd in the world for Longest Average Lifespans")

ALSO ACKNOWLEDGING that focusing solely on one disease at a time will hasten the process; and

Debatable, and as you've already had me objecting to this, expect it to be objected on by numerous others.

NOTING that working internationally to solve this issue will hasten the process, provide results quickly to every nation, and provide less national fiscal harm;

I get it that you're trying to sell this to nations who want to keep their economies strong and moneys out of reach of the WA Enforcement Gnomes, but you may want to re-think underlining it so much.

HEREBY establishes the World Cardiovascular Research Center (WCRC)

This one should probably be named World Assembly Cardiovascular Research Center (WACRC). (OOC: I get it, you're trying to recreate the CDC, but remember that the WA operates across different universes, not just different nations, so put in the "Assembly" into its name. And yeah, I know WHA doesn't have it, but if it was just being established, I'd recommend it to have the extra A, too. ;))

From here, change every mention of "nation" to "member nation", since things like "any nation" can be read trying to influence non-WA nations, which the WA can't do (it's a minor illegality, but it's best to not have any).

1. States that the funding of the association will be from donations of either nations or citizens of those nations (exception, clause 3);

Just use the General Fund for this, like everything else does - you can leave it unmentioned, actually, since WA committees draw funds from that anyway, and you're making this work under WHA (OOC aside: my fingers keep typoing that as WAH).

2. Requests that breakthroughs in heart health in any nation be reported to the WCRC and CCS for further study;

Why request? Require instead, and make it "scientific breakthroughs and existing information on heart health". Remember, this is all about scientific research on cardiovascular disease now, and I don't think you want only things discovered after this passes (if it does) to be shared, but also existing information. (OOC: Some nations are more technologically advanced than others, so expect arguments stemming from that, if you change the text as recommended.)

3. Urges nations that are currently researching cardiovascular disease register their research center with the WCRC;

You have a numbering mishap with two clause 3's. Also, you could, again, require - or, to keep the text flowing, "also requires" - this to happen, not just urge.

3. States that nations will not be required to pay for upkeep of any hospital under the Cardiovascular Care System, as these will be run solely on donations;

That probably won't work so well in all nations. Many nations have universal healthcare systems, and others instead opt for the "you pay for your care yourself, keep your grubby hands out of my wallet" system, and in both cases this idea would be in trouble. Step back and ask yourself what you actually want the CCS to be and do? Right now it's not entirely obvious.

4. Registers any hospital under the Cardiovascular Care System as a special-treatment hospital in each nation that has a high rate of death due to cardiovascular disease;

Answering the question above will help deal with this, so saving further comment for later.

5. Treatment costs will be covered by: 1) the patient; 2) a portion by the patient, a portion by insurance; 3) the WCRC if treatment gave critical information;

Nix this. It's going into micromanagement territory and once you sort out what the CCS actually is and what it does, you'll have a better view of where the money comes from.

6. Does not require nations to adopt the CCS;

Then why have it? You could make this be solely about medical research as per the category's area of effect that you've chosen, and leave the treatment side - apart from maybe mandating that the info be disseminated to the healthcare systems of the member states so they can do the treatment on their own - out entirely.

7. Urges nations that do not adopt a CCS to assist the WCRC in research in their own laboratories, and report results.

You're already requiring (if you change the wording as I suggested) that they share all breakthroughs and information, so this isn't really needed.

What you still DO need, is an active clause that has nothing whatsoever to do with WHA, WACRC or CCS. Otherwise this still runs afoul of the "committee only" illegality. You can make it an "ENCOURAGES" or "URGES" clause, and it should probably have something to do with cardiovascular disease prevention, but it must be something that addresses the nations themselves, without any references to anything above. I know it sounds silly, but under the current rules it's required.

"I've gone through and corrected everything that you said to (at least I think I did). What do you think?"
Last edited by Diallus on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diallus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Diallus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Herby wrote:This really needs a new title. What does the resolution DO? What is its purpose? If its purpose is to create a committee, that just sounds like burocracy to me. Try "On Cardiovascular Disease" or "Cardiovascular Disease Research" or something like that.

OOC: Of course Herby will support anything that concerns CARdiovascular something. :p

IC: The latter title is just one mark too long - the title limit is 30 marks, including spaces - and many people around here refuse to vote for anything that starts with "on", but in this instance it would actually be fitting...

Hmm, since WHA will be used by the proposal, why not
"WHA On Cardiovascular Disease"?

OOC: Is it only letters (and possibly numbers) allowed on the resolution titles? Is punctuation allowed?

"I tried something just a little different, but still has the same idea. What do you think?"

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:17 am

Diallus wrote:"I've gone through and corrected everything that you said to (at least I think I did). What do you think?"

OOC: It's a pile of micro-mangagement which is entirely unnecessary. Medical advancements will be traded and sold to reach allocative efficiency. Requiring that they be provided for free only decreases the size of the funding pool for such research in non-socialist nations.

On the subject of the title. Just name it 'Cardiovascular Research'.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:48 am

Diallus wrote:"I've gone through and corrected everything that you said to (at least I think I did). What do you think?"

You still give no explanation to the necessity of the CCS, and it's still optional.

Your "urges" clause should NOT be part of the "establishes committee and makes it do this" list, nor is it a good one. Remember, you're writing for the Research AoE, so your urges clause ought to have something to do with that - maybe urge nations to invest in medical research and promote cardiovascular disease awareness.

Imperium Anglorum wrote:OOC: It's a pile of micro-mangagement which is entirely unnecessary.

OOC: Well duh, but if micromanagery crap has to be submitted, I'd at least prefer it to be the best micromanagery crap possible. And also there's the slight chance that if CCS was nixed (still no idea what it's supposed to do) that it would be slightly less micromanagery.
Last edited by Araraukar on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:OOC: It's a pile of micro-mangagement which is entirely unnecessary.

OOC: Well duh, but if micromanagery crap has to be submitted, I'd at least prefer it to be the best micromanagery crap possible. And also there's the slight chance that if CCS was nixed (still no idea what it's supposed to do) that it would be slightly less micromanagery.

OOC: Yes, but if it is unnecessary, it doesn't need to be written onto the books.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:26 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:OOC: Yes, but if it is unnecessary, it doesn't need to be written onto the books.

OOC: That applies to most things the WA passes, so not a convincing argument, I'm sorry to say. :p

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:59 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: Well duh, but if micromanagery crap has to be submitted, I'd at least prefer it to be the best micromanagery crap possible. And also there's the slight chance that if CCS was nixed (still no idea what it's supposed to do) that it would be slightly less micromanagery.

OOC: Yes, but if it is unnecessary, it doesn't need to be written onto the books.

OOC: Which is the same argument that can be made for literally anything in this category, as all nations are capable of researching diseases on their own. Its a shit argument in this case, and you should find another.

Extant legislation on the topic of infectious epidemics exists, which leaves that out entirely, but non-infectious public health concerns are valid options for international cooperation. There is a vast, untouched mine of topics that can potentially benefit from international attention, including obesity, cancer, gene therapy, developmental disorders, mental health issues...Hell, if I were inclined to, I bet I could create a Plug&Play template to cover basically anything I wanted and roll out a dozen proposals, and every one of them would be addressing an issue that is either internationally present or would benefit from international cooperation.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly