NATION

PASSWORD

Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The United States of Kalenia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

Postby The United States of Kalenia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Hello fellow WA nations. After my latest fail in making a proposal I have decided to make a new proposal. This proposal will be about Repealing the "Nuclear Arms Possession Act." I don't want to explain it all again so I'll put a link in the description leading to my proposal. If you're a delegate and you like it then approve it. If you're not a delegate but still like it, report it to your regional delegate. Have a good night everyone :)
http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vie ... 1448319269
Last edited by The United States of Kalenia on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Attempting to repeal the Nuclear Arms Possession Act is basically impossible. We all love our nuclear weapons (and certainly, I do). Also, I have no idea what is going on with your formatting there. However it is, put the proposal text in the OP on these forums.

however many WA members have puppet states which are considered Non WA members

This talks about game mechanics in an OOC manner. This makes the proposal illegal.

Also noting that the NUCLEAR ARMS POSSESSION ACT does NOT state that nuclear weapons are only to be fired in defense even though the resolution does claim that it's to protect WA members.

I don't see the problem with this. That issue is corrected by 308 GA "Nuclear Arms Protocol".

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.
Argument: ARGUMENT Realizing that the NUCLEAR ARMS

POSSESSION ACT
is intended to protect WA members from

Non WA members, however many WA members have puppet

states which are considered Non WA members. The NUCLEAR

ARMS POSSESSION ACT
fails to mention that not all WA

members are allies with each other. The NUCLEAR ARMS

POSSESSION ACT
increases the worlds chances of

MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION.

Also noting that the NUCLEAR ARMS POSSESSION ACT

does NOT state that nuclear weapons are only to be fired

in defense even though the resolution does claim that it's to

protect WA members.

The World Assembly herby repeals "Nuclear Arms Possession act"

"I did my best to replicate the formatting. This is terrible. Spelling mistakes, awful coding, and an argument that is entirely unconvincing. We in the C.D.S.P. believe that the lives of our citizens are worth more individually than any ten million non-citizens', and we believe that any government that feels otherwise has failed their citizens as protectors and rulers. If you want our nuclear arms, we'll happily give them to you warhead first."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Herby
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 am

Sorry, didn't realize this had its own thread. My one comment:

The World Assembly herby repeals "Nuclear Arms Possession act"

No I don't. I'm just a Volkswagen. (It's "hereby".)
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

Return to General Assembly