NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Free Basic Healthcare Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
CGP
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Free Basic Healthcare Act

Postby CGP » Fri May 22, 2015 8:30 am

Well,my proposal got put down due to it being in the wrong category. I had placed it in the Civil Rights,mild affection. I believed it was as a Human Right act but as it seems its not,so I'm posting it her for any changes that might be needed to be made and also to ask on which category I should put it.

Free Basic Health Care Act
To today’s standards, many nations don’t spend enough of their GDP on their Healthcare.
RESULTING in poor condition of hospitals and care centers, low amounts of medical supplies, limited service and slower reach time in case of emergencies.
HEREBY RESULTING in the public to turn towards private healthcare and making health care services for the poor citizens hard to reach.
DEFINING the Free Basic Health Care Act as a way for poorer citizens to be able to reach out for basic medical services such as:
I. Basic Health Check-Ups.
II. Free Eye Tests.
III. Health Coverage in case of an emergency.
IV. The Needle Exchange Program (See Unapproved Proposal #1 by the CGP : http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vie ... 1432146972)
V. Basic Free Vaccination.
VI. Basic Medical Supplies (Home Medical Supplies and/or First Aid kits)
VII. Free Prescribed Medicine for the elderly and young citizens.
VIII. Lower Priced Over the Counter Medicine.
IX. Dental Care.
X. Mental Health Care.
DEEPLY CONCERED about the lower income class not being able to reach out for medical services in both the public and the private sector.
HELPING in the coverage of the human right of access to Health Care.
BY ACCEPTING this act, nations will have to provide the following to both the health care system but also the public of the nation:
I. The increase in the spending of the GDP of the nation up to 15% on healthcare.
II. Providing a government funded insurance for the public in a fight to the Private Insurance Companies.
III. Implementing a tax for the Private Healthcare Sector.
IV. Implementation of the services listed above, defined by the Free Basic Health Care Act.
V. Implementation of efficiency rules and orders for the medical staff of public hospitals or care centers.
VI. Fines for companies or business that don’t insure their workers.
IN CONCLUSION, the Free Basic Health Care act will contribute in helping lower income citizens but also the main public of a nation to reach out for better services in the public health care sector, with minimum to no cost.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri May 22, 2015 8:36 am

CGP wrote:Well,my proposal got put down due to it being in the wrong category.

OOC: Did the moderator who removed it mention any other legality problems to you? Because even if you resubmitted this in the correct category - which would be Health, Area of Effect: Healthcare - there would appear to be other legality issues with it, such as duplicating existing law (Quality in Health Services).

CGP
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby CGP » Fri May 22, 2015 8:39 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:
CGP wrote:Well,my proposal got put down due to it being in the wrong category.

OOC: Did the moderator who removed it mention any other legality problems to you? Because even if you resubmitted this in the correct category - which would be Health, Area of Effect: Healthcare - there would appear to be other legality issues with it, such as duplicating existing law (Quality in Health Services).

Nope,they only mentioned it being in the wrong category.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri May 22, 2015 8:42 am

OOC: Shocking.

I liked the needle exchange proposal. You might be better focusing on smaller topics like that, rather than trying to pass an omnibus healthcare proposal.

CGP
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby CGP » Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:OOC: Shocking.

I liked the needle exchange proposal. You might be better focusing on smaller topics like that, rather than trying to pass an omnibus healthcare proposal.

The only issue is that small topics like that dont have many chances to be approved.
Last edited by CGP on Fri May 22, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri May 22, 2015 9:03 am

OOC: You really should not have resubmitted this proposal. Even if the category is now fixed - I would argue it is, but I'm not in a position to give you a definitive answer on that - it definitely has other legality problems, including the conflict with existing law, the mentioning of another proposal within the text and the reference to your nation, and other problems. It was a shame the moderator who messaged you didn't see fit to mention these, but I would really recommend you ask for it to be pulled so you can fix the issues before the proposal is deleted.

CGP
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby CGP » Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:OOC: You really should not have resubmitted this proposal. Even if the category is now fixed - I would argue it is, but I'm not in a position to give you a definitive answer on that - it definitely has other legality problems, including the conflict with existing law, the mentioning of another proposal within the text and the reference to your nation, and other problems. It was a shame the moderator who messaged you didn't see fit to mention these, but I would really recommend you ask for it to be pulled so you can fix the issues before the proposal is deleted.

The issue is how am I supposed to tell them to pull it down.If thats the case I may as well work on tiny topics and not care about acts. Tiny or small topics dont really make people care about them so thats why you see most topics like the Program not going anywhere.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri May 22, 2015 9:11 am

CGP wrote:
The Dark Star Republic wrote:OOC: You really should not have resubmitted this proposal. Even if the category is now fixed - I would argue it is, but I'm not in a position to give you a definitive answer on that - it definitely has other legality problems, including the conflict with existing law, the mentioning of another proposal within the text and the reference to your nation, and other problems. It was a shame the moderator who messaged you didn't see fit to mention these, but I would really recommend you ask for it to be pulled so you can fix the issues before the proposal is deleted.

The issue is how am I supposed to tell them to pull it down.

OOC: File a Getting Help Request.
If thats the case I may as well work on tiny topics and not care about acts. Tiny or small topics dont really make people care about them so thats why you see most topics like the Program not going anywhere.

That's not necessarily true.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri May 22, 2015 11:57 am

Do Not put links to other proposals you have submitted which are not in queue, been voted on, nor passed. Ever. In fact, don't put any links in a proposal.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 22, 2015 4:40 pm

I liked your Needle Exchange Program proposal, it had possibilities.
Concerned about drug usage and drug addiction or/and drug abuse.

The usage of needles for the ejection of drugs into ones body can lead to addiction,spreading of diseases and risk of fatality.

The Needle Exchange Program proposes the following in order to help lower the health risks of drug addiction:
a) The offering of clean syringes to Drug Addicts, thus reducing the risk of diseases or fatal dangers.
b) The offering of assistance in order to clean the Drug Addicts from their addictions,resulting in them living a normal life again.

In the long run,this program will result possible in the following:
a) Lowering fatalities due to diseases by dirty needles
b) Reducing drug abuse
c) Helping in reducing the number of drug addicts and/or drug abusers.

Text of that proposal in case you need it.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

CGP
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby CGP » Sat May 23, 2015 2:07 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:I liked your Needle Exchange Program proposal, it had possibilities.

The usage of needles for the ejection of drugs into ones body can lead to addiction,spreading of diseases and risk of fatality.

The Needle Exchange Program proposes the following in order to help lower the health risks of drug addiction:
a) The offering of clean syringes to Drug Addicts, thus reducing the risk of diseases or fatal dangers.
b) The offering of assistance in order to clean the Drug Addicts from their addictions,resulting in them living a normal life again.

b) Reducing drug abuse

Yeah but it didn't get approved. I will propose it later again after the right to bear arms goes on voting.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sat May 23, 2015 2:10 am

Well, as a nation that has a very well funded national health service, Caracasus generally supports resolutions that would bring universal healthcare forward but as many have said above, this is a little too big to pass.

These are the aspects I liked a lot:

III. Health coverage in case of emergency (Good.)
IV. Needle exchange program (Although you've had the good sense to propose this separately, so doesn't need repeating)
V. Basic free vaccination. (Goes without saying - vaccination is at its most effective when the largest amount of people are vaccinated)
VII Free prescribed medication for the elderly and young. (Although you may have to limit this I guess - some medications are very expensive, and care of the elderly is also very expensive)

May we respectfully suggest breaking these up into separate proposals, and perhaps enlisting the help of others to present them to the WA?

In addition - perhaps some form of law that allows for basic medicines to be made free at point of access, provided someone can demonstrate an inability to pay otherwise would be beneficial - after all it would benefit wider society and keep infectious illnesses under control. For our more capitalist members, it would ensure that their armies of disposable labour are kept reasonably healthy.

I understand that in some of the poorest nations in our region, where people are rather poor and spread out and there is a lack of infrastructure and money to build clinics and hospitals, individuals are trained up as doctors in basic preventative medicine and given a selection of basic medicines. They then cover a large range of villages and towns, on a rotating basis. Perhaps some WA funded effort like this would be in order? After all, we cannot assume that every WA member state has the resources to construct a decent system of healthcare.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

CGP
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby CGP » Sat May 23, 2015 4:19 am

Caracasus wrote:Well, as a nation that has a very well funded national health service, Caracasus generally supports resolutions that would bring universal healthcare forward but as many have said above, this is a little too big to pass.

IV. Needle exchange program (Although you've had the good sense to propose this separately, so doesn't need repeating)
V. Basic free vaccination. (Goes without saying - vaccination is at its most effective when the largest amount of people are vaccinated)
VII Free prescribed medication for the elderly and young. (Although you may have to limit this I guess - some medications are very expensive, and care of the elderly is also very expensive)

May we respectfully suggest breaking these up into separate proposals, and perhaps enlisting the help of others to present them to the WA?

In addition - perhaps some form of law that allows for basic medicines to be made free at point of access, provided someone can demonstrate an inability to pay otherwise would be beneficial - after all it would benefit wider society and keep infectious illnesses under control. For our more capitalist members, it would ensure that their armies of disposable labour are kept reasonably healthy.

I understand that in some of the poorest nations in our region, where people are rather poor and spread out and there is a lack of infrastructure and money to build clinics and hospitals, individuals are trained up as doctors in basic preventative medicine and given a selection of basic medicines. They then cover a large range of villages and towns, on a rotating basis. Perhaps some WA funded effort like this would be in order? After all, we cannot assume that every WA member state has the resources to construct a decent system of healthcare.

I understand and completely approve of your ideas but I can do it on my own to present them,except if you want to change the way some of them can be written. I dont want to appear selfish but I mostly want to present my proposals as I believe I know better what I want to write about them exactly,but I guess I could use some help writing or some help with any mistakes or typos that might happen.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sat May 23, 2015 5:36 am

CGP wrote:
Caracasus wrote:Well, as a nation that has a very well funded national health service, Caracasus generally supports resolutions that would bring universal healthcare forward but as many have said above, this is a little too big to pass.

I understand and completely approve of your ideas but I can do it on my own to present them,except if you want to change the way some of them can be written. I dont want to appear selfish but I mostly want to present my proposals as I believe I know better what I want to write about them exactly,but I guess I could use some help writing or some help with any mistakes or typos that might happen.

The Caracasusian WA envoy understands the desire to bring in these resolutions, but would strongly urge caution against moving these proposals forward too quickly. We do not mind if you want to make these proposals, but strongly urge that you let them stand a while in discussion before putting them out as proposals.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat May 23, 2015 9:18 am

CGP wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:I liked your Needle Exchange Program proposal, it had possibilities.

b) Reducing drug abuse

Yeah but it didn't get approved. I will propose it later again after the right to bear arms goes on voting.

I suggest you edit the Needle Exchange proposal into the OP and run with that.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sat May 23, 2015 9:21 am

OOC: That's terrible advice. All the comments in this thread are about the original proposal. A new thread should be created for the needle exchange proposal.

Harmia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Harmia » Sat May 23, 2015 2:18 pm

The Needle Exchange Program is a good idea and will help lower accidental distribution of diseases. The free prescription clause is vague on what a young or senior citizen is. A person of any age could claim they are eligible for free medicine.
Last edited by Harmia on Sat May 23, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat May 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Harmia wrote:However, unless the will of a nation's people is for more spending on healthcare it is wrong to impose these things on a nation.

Parsons balks. Then, he says 'And your nation is alright with forcing everyone to legalise firearms even if their nation's people are against it, but not spend more on healthcare?'.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Harmia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Harmia » Sat May 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Harmia wrote:However, unless the will of a nation's people is for more spending on healthcare it is wrong to impose these things on a nation.

Parsons balks. Then, he says 'And your nation is alright with forcing everyone to legalise firearms even if their nation's people are against it, but not spend more on healthcare?'.

fair point, but I stand by my other comments
Last edited by Harmia on Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alvisiror
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alvisiror » Sun May 24, 2015 9:35 am

We already have free universal healthcare. The only thing not covered is abortions, which we believe should be paid for since it is not a basic human right.

If this proposal is to be voted upon we will support it since we believe that healthcare is a basic human right.
Our main religion is atheism but all other religions are respected.
My Factbook
When I am RPing with you I may use different Army Ranks
I am atheist
Anti-Non prescription drugs (weed, meth, cocaine e.t.c)
Anti-LGBT and transgender/transexual
Pro-Choice within reason
Pro-Death Penalty
I support the US Second Amendment
If you got a problem with any of this than too bad you don't have to like me
5 Peace
4 Battle Ready
3 War
2 WMD use authorized
1 You don't want to know
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46