NATION

PASSWORD

[IDEA] Internet neutrality Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Publus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

[IDEA] Internet neutrality Act

Postby Publus » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Fellow delegates, I started this post to see if anyone would support a new draft of the Internet neutrality act, I am aware that the 'Internet net neutrality act' was passed, and repealed due to its ambiguous writing and multiple spelling and grammatical mistakes. I'm considering composing my own draft if a bill of such nature.

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:32 pm

"How on earth is this an international issue?"

- Remy Junket
Head Lemon Squeezer
Lexicorian WA Office, Left of the Lemonade Stand
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:33 pm

OOC: post a draft and people will debate it. The topic is awful broad to just vet ideas for...

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Publus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Publus » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: post a draft and people will debate it. The topic is awful broad to just vet ideas for...

Im basically just wondering if theres a need for such legislation, or everyone feels the topic is fine on its own

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Net neutrality is a national concern. Not something the WA should regulate.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Publus wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: post a draft and people will debate it. The topic is awful broad to just vet ideas for...

Im basically just wondering if theres a need for such legislation, or everyone feels the topic is fine on its own

"That determination will depend entirely on the draft you publish for us to critique. That's like asking if guns are a good topic to legislate on; do you mean their ownership? Usage? Manufacture? Civilian or military? It depends entirely on the specific issue. Until then, you get the highly unsatisfactory answer: It Depends."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Publus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Publus » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:It Depends."

I take this to mean theres a chance, I'm going to start my research, read up on similar debates, and possibly get a first draft out in the coming weeks, so look out for it.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Publus wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:It Depends."

I take this to mean theres a chance, I'm going to start my research, read up on similar debates, and possibly get a first draft out in the coming weeks, so look out for it.

Much for experienced delegations than you have tried this twice, and failed miserably. I would suggest against....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Publus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Publus » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:Much for experienced delegations than you have tried this twice, and failed miserably. I would suggest against....

but I have something they don't have, a lack of experience. 8)

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:11 pm

Publus wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:Much for experienced delegations than you have tried this twice, and failed miserably. I would suggest against....

but I have something they don't have, a lack of experience. 8)

And a shining hatred of Canada. Just saying....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Lexicor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 pm

From personal experience Net Neutrality is a terrible idea. Both IC and OOC.

*shudders at the memory of that horrible... horrible... horrible draft*
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Louisistan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:24 am

"Net neutrality without violating 'NAtional Economic Freedoms'? Good luck, Ambassador."
Knight of TITO

Lexicor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Louisistan wrote:"Net neutrality without violating 'NAtional Economic Freedoms'? Good luck, Ambassador."

"But the cables! They pose an extreme harm to national populations ;)!"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly