NATION

PASSWORD

How would you have voted on famous past resolutions?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yao
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yao » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Nay to all. Hail Gatesville!

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:The mere fact that you thought you could "repeal" the rule suggests a slight mania in that regard.

I never thought I could "repeal" the rule, per se. Frisbeeteria made it clear that repealing GAR #2 was a prerequisite to further discussion on the issue.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Auralia wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:The mere fact that you thought you could "repeal" the rule suggests a slight mania in that regard.

I never thought I could "repeal" the rule, per se. Frisbeeteria made it clear that repealing GAR #2 was a prerequisite to further discussion on the issue.

…and then you either wildly misinterpreted what he said, or he himself misspoke, because he almost immediately proceeded to dial it back as soon as it was spoken. Rules are not subject to popular vote -- particularly the corrupt and distorted voting model of the World Assembly.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Auralia wrote:

…and then you either wildly misinterpreted what he said, or he himself misspoke, because he almost immediately proceeded to dial it back as soon as it was spoken. Rules are not subject to popular vote -- particularly the corrupt and distorted voting model of the World Assembly.

That's such crap. There used to be significantly more player involvement in rules discussions. Ironically, the ruling that led to Repeal "Rights & Duties" being discarded was based on a request you made to redefine the Branding rule. It's only recently that this wall of silence policy has been adopted, and the No Army rule doesn't bear any relation to what it used to mean.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:18 pm

The Dark Star Republic wrote:That's such crap.

I don't know if that's aimed at me or at Fris, but I am obviously no fan of the mods, and have always thought they (and the admins) should listen to players more often. I just don't think their decisions should be linked to a vote by the WA. The no-armies rule thankfully did not change when Ban on UN Militaries was soundly rejected by voters, but it was strangely deformed, you could say, when the mods ignored player objections and decided that MPA and ICC were legal.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:57 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
The Dark Star Republic wrote:That's such crap.

I don't know if that's aimed at me or at Fris, but I am obviously no fan of the mods, and have always thought they (and the admins) should listen to players more often. I just don't think their decisions should be linked to a vote by the WA.

I guess what I meant was: it's crap that discussion about the rules can only take place should a resolution vote go a particular way or not. [I'm not getting into the specifics of Rights & Duties or No Army; I'm talking in generalities.] What the rules are, and player contribution to such discussions, shouldn't have anything to do with the voting mechanic.

Previous

Return to General Assembly