NATION

PASSWORD

[ReFormatted] On Archaeological Excavations

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If this were at vote right now how would you vote?

Strongly For
23%
Leaning For
33%
Neutral/Undecided
9%
Leaning Against
9%
Strongly Against
21%
Abstaining
5%

Total votes : 43

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 am

OOC: Bringing this back :blush:
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Let it fade away.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Lexicor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Jarish Inyo wrote:Let it fade away.

And why exactly?
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:17 pm

One, no one had commented on this proposal for 2 weeks before you decided to bump it.
Second, this is not an international concern. nations are capable of managing archaeological excavations within their borders without another WA committee looking over their shoulder.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Lexicor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Jarish Inyo wrote:One, no one had commented on this proposal for 2 weeks before you decided to bump it.
Second, this is not an international concern. nations are capable of managing archaeological excavations within their borders without another WA committee looking over their shoulder.

Its the same committee established in a previous resolutions with expanded powers.

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:31 pm

The committee doesn't need to be expanded to be a watch dog over archaeological excavations.

Archaeological excavations within a nations boarders are not an international issue. It's up to a nation to permit archaeological excavations and who will be allowed to take part in them. Or to bull doze the site and build a mall over it.

Also, you ignored the fact that no one responded to this proposal for two weeks before you bumped it.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:35 pm

While I'm not overly opposed to the idea I do fail to see how it is an international issue.
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly