NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] National Airspace Act/ On the Control of Airsp

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Should all of our clauses be numbered (including other drafts/proposals, too?)

Yes, please!
67%
Nope.
15%
I'm fine with anything.
18%

Total votes : 55

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] National Airspace Act/ On the Control of Airsp

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:36 am

I'm thinking of writing this to complement Law of the Seas

Naturally, the format will be rather similar to Law of the Seas, so I'm to do quite a bunch of changes and full paraphrasing for the whole text to ensure I don't get accused of plaglarism. This will ensure that the boundaries follow that of Law of the Seas.

However, before embarking - what are your thoughts? Should the name be renamed? Should it be carried out?

Draft 3-1

RECOGNISING that member states have the right to claim jurisdiction over the airspace of the said member states' territorial lands and its adjacent seas, yet,

UNDERSTANDING that individual state claims may conflict with that of another state, member and non-member alike,

RESOLVING to harmonise these differences peacefully whilst acknowledging and considering the individual interests of all states,

The World Assembly,

1. DEFINES the term 'border' as the point where the jurisdiction of the state ends;

2. FURTHER DEFINES the term 'edge of space line' as the point where the atmosphere of the terrestrial object becomes too thin to support any form of aeronautical flight;

3. ACKNOWLEDGES that,

a) all airspace within a member state's border, shall be considered that member state's 'Controlled Airspace', which the said member state shall have sovereign control and may enforce any and all of its own laws;
b) all airspace that are not within the borders of any state, shall be considered “International Airspace” and will not be subjected to any control unless dictated otherwise by this Assembly;

4. MANDATES all member states to recognise that all airspace belonging to respective non-member states are accorded the same rights as delineated in clause 3;

5. ENCOURAGES any member state with conflicting and clashing claims with any non-member state to resolve their differences through peaceful and cordial means;

6. FURTHER EXTENDS the mandate of the World Assembly Nautical Commission (WANC) to determine and define the edge of space line for every terrestrial object where respective member states are located on;

7. CLARIFIES that nothing in this resolution applies to outer space, extrasolar space or extragalactic space, and any jurisdiction granted to member states are limited to the altitude where the edge of space line is, as determined by the WANC in the previous clause, and;

8. FURTHER CLARIFIES that vehicles using 'ground-effect' systems to hover just above the surface of water or land count as water or land vehicles rather than as aircraft for the purpose of this resolution.

A significant portion of this resolution's text is provided with the permission of Bears Armed Mission, with thanks.

RECOGNISING that member states have the right to claim jurisdiction over the airspace of the said member states' territorial lands and its adjacent seas, yet,

UNDERSTANDING that such

SEEKING to remedy this situation, whilst taking into account the legitimate interests of each and every state,

The World Assembly,

DEFINES the term 'border' as the point where the jurisdiction of the state ends;

FURTHER DEFINES the term 'edge of space line' as the point where the atmosphere of the terrestrial object becomes too thin to support any form of aeronautical flight;

ACKNOWLEDGES that
a) all airspace within a member state's border, shall be considered that member state's 'Controlled Airspace', which the said member state shall have sovereign control and may enforce any and all of its own laws;
b) all airspace that are not controlled by any state, shall be considered “International Airspace” and will not be subjected to any control unless stated otherwise;

MANDATES all member states to recognise that all airspace belonging to respective non-member states are accorded the same rights as delineated in clause 3;

URGES any member states whose claims conflict with those of any non-members to seek peaceful agreement on basis of these same rules with those other nations;

FURTHER EXTENDS the mandate of the World Assembly Nautical Commission (WANC) to determine and define the edge of space line for every terrestrial object where the respective member states are located on;

CLARIFIES that nothing in this resolution applies to the outer space, extrasolar space or extragalactic space, and any jurisdiction granted to the member states are limited to the altitude where the edge of space line is, as determined by the WANC in the previous clause;

FURTHER CLARIFIES that vehicles using 'ground-effect' systems to hover just above the surface of water or land count as water or land vehicles rather than as aircraft for the purpose of this resolution, and;

A significant portion of this resolution's text is provided with the permission of Bears Armed Mission, with thanks.

RECOGNISING that member states have the right to claim jurisdiction over the airspace of the said member states' territorial lands and its adjacent seas,

UNDERSTANDING that as space does not have any identifiable marker, unlike that of the sea or of land, and thus states have the capability to claim jurisdiction without any form of substantiation, however,

WORRYING that if such claims are conducted excessively, they have the potential to destabilise international security,

SEEKING to remedy this situation, whilst taking into account the legitimate interests of each and every state,

The World Assembly,

DEFINES the term ‘border’ as the point where waters meet the land at mean low tide, or where such a border would exist at sea level in the case of undersea nations;
DEFINES the term 'border' as the point where the jurisdiction of the state ends;

FURTHER DEFINES the term 'edge of space line' as the point where the atmosphere of the terrestrial object becomes too thin to support any form of aeronautical flight;

ACKNOWLEDGES that all airspace within a member state's border, shall be considered that member state's 'Controlled Airspace', which the said member state shall have sovereign control and may enforce any and all of its own laws;

FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES that, subject to any limits that WA law places on national rights and unless these terms would create conflicting claims,
a) Airspace not on territorial land, within 24 nautical miles of a state's border, shall also be considered that state’s 'Controlled Airspace', with the same rights granted as in clause 3, in which the state shall have sovereign control and may enforce any and all of its own laws;
b) Airspace that are not controlled by any state, due to such airspace being beyond 24 nautical miles of a member state's border shall be considered "International Airspace", and will not be subjected to any control unless stated in sub-clause c), where;
c) A state's airspace jurisdiction also extends over airlines and aircraft, fixed or non-fixed wing, registered in that nation while those are in International Airspace;

STATES that in the case of conflicting claims arising between member states due to clause 4, any airspace where the claims of two or more member states overlap, such airspace shall be divided along lines mid-way between those nations’ sea borders, unless those states freely agree on an alternative partition instead;

MANDATES all member states to recognise that all airspace belonging to respective non-member states are accorded the same rights as delineated in clause 3 and 4;

URGES any member states whose claims conflict with those of any non-members to seek peaceful agreement on basis of these same rules with those other nations;
EXTENDS the mandate of the World Assembly Nautical Commission (or ‘WANC’), where the WANC has the ultimate right and duty to enforcing binding arbitration in any disputes about this resolution’s interpretation that might arise between WA member nations, and also permits WANC to provide arbitration in relevant disputes involving any non-member nations who actually volunteer to accept this service;

FURTHER EXTENDS the mandate of the WANC to determine and define the edge of space line for every terrestrial object where the respective member states are located on, and;

CLARIFIES that nothing in this resolution applies to the outer space, extrasolar space or extragalactic space, and any jurisdiction granted to the member states are limited to the altitude where the edge of space line is, as determined by the WANC in the previous clause.

NOTING that member states have the right to claim jurisdiction over the airspace of the said member states' territorial lands and its adjacent seas,

UNDERSTANDING that as space do not have any identifiable marker, unlike that of the sea or of land, and thus nations have the capability to claim jurisdiction without any form of substantiation, however,

WORRYING that if such claims are conducted excessively, they have the potential to destabilise international security,

SEEKING to remedy this situation, whilst taking into account nations’ legitimate interests,

The World Assembly,

DEFINES the term ‘border’ as the point where waters meet the land at mean low tide, or where such a border would exist at sea level in the case of undersea nations;

ACKNOWLEDGES that all airspace within a member state's border, shall be considered that member state's 'Controlled Airspace', which the said member state shall have sovereign control and may enforce any and all of its own laws;

FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES that, subject to any limits that WA law places on national rights and unless these terms would create conflicting claims,
a) Airspace not on territorial land, within 24 nautical miles of a member state's border, shall also be considered that member state’s 'Controlled Airspace', with the same rights granted as in clause 3, in which the nation shall have sovereign control and may enforce any and all of its own laws;
b) Airspace that are not controlled by member states, due to such airspace being beyond 24 nautical miles of a member state's border shall be considered "International Airspace", and will not be subjected to any control unless stated in sub-clause c), where;
c) A member state's airspace jurisdiction also extends over airlines and aircraft, fixed or non-fixed wing, registered in that nation while those are in International Airspace;

STATES that in the case of conflicting claims arising between member nations due to clause 4, any airspace where the claims of two or more member states overlap, such airspace shall be divided along lines mid-way between those nations’ sea borders, unless those nations freely agree on an alternative partition instead;

URGES any member nations whose claims conflict with those of any non-members to seek peaceful agreement on basis of these same rules with those other nations;

EXTENDS the mandate of the World Assembly Nautical Commission (or ‘WANC’), where the WANC has the ultimate right and duty to enforcing binding arbitration in any disputes about this resolution’s interpretation that might arise between WA member nations, and also permits WANC to provide arbitration in relevant disputes involving any non-member nations who actually volunteer to accept this service;

FURTHER EXTENDS the mandate of the WANC to determine and define the edge of space line for every terrestrial object where the respective member states are located on;

CLARIFIES that nothing in this resolution applies to the outer space, extrasolar space or extragalactic space, and any jurisdiction granted to the member states are limited to the altitude where the edge of space line is, as determined by the WANC in the previous clause, and;

FURTHER CLARIFIES that vehicles using 'ground-effect' systems to hover just above the surface of water or land count as water or land vehicles rather than as aircraft for the purpose of this resolution.

One big problem. How to deal with Karman line, and how to phrase it in such a way to present 3D? (resolved, hopefully.)

Category: Global Disarmament/Mild
Last edited by Elke and Elba on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:38 am, edited 30 times in total.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:49 am

"This could be very effective. If you don't use arbitrary numbers like Law of the Seas did, and you make sure nations have total authority over their airspace, then I don't see why this won't become very popular legislation. I plan to observe this very closely, ambassador."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:10 am

The Star Empire of Ainocra would dispute the no boundaries in space clause.
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:19 am

Ainocra wrote:The Star Empire of Ainocra would dispute the no boundaries in space clause.

That's a preambulatory clause and thus can be removed. We understand the history of the Arconian Empire and Ainocra, and we value it too.

I'm having problems on what to write inside the operative clauses, though.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:32 am

Elke and Elba wrote:
Ainocra wrote:The Star Empire of Ainocra would dispute the no boundaries in space clause.

That's a preambulatory clause and thus can be removed. We understand the history of the Arconian Empire and Ainocra, and we value it too.

OOC: Then thats something you ought to work out before you do much more posting. :p I don't recall the author of Laws of the Sea, but requesting use of their work to avoid plagiarism might help, especially if your goal is to make a "Laws of the SeaSpace" kind of law.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:37 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Elke and Elba wrote:

OOC: Then thats something you ought to work out before you do much more posting. :p I don't recall the author of Laws of the Sea, but requesting use of their work to avoid plagiarism might help, especially if your goal is to make a "Laws of the SeaSpace" kind of law.

Well you see, I don't intend to use Law of the Seas. Some nations use cubits rather than nautical miles. :P

Hence the delay.

EDIT: IE - I need to set a framework (and research one) to use on. I don't think arbitrary miles and meters as you have managed to say, works.

If this goes on well, we might go on a R&R on Law of the Seas.
Last edited by Elke and Elba on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:00 pm

Hmmm, I actually quite like the idea here. It's something that hasn't really been legislated on and something I think would prove quite positive for the assembly.

I have some idea's that might be workable for it if you're intruiged. Toss me a TG at some point if you feel like it :)
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:04 am

OOC: When I started reading this thread I was initially, as the author of ‘Law of the Seas’, going to give you permission to adapt from that resolution for this purpose… until I saw how casually you talked about trying to R&R that law. I might still be persuaded to let you use unaltered lmaterial from LotS, but can you actually persuade me that your potential replacement would be any better? Would you care to explain exactly how you would set non-"arbitrary” distances for territorial waters, bearing in mind that the old (RL) gunshot-range limit won’t work very well now that many nations possess weapons that could strike targets anywhere on the worlds concerned (and maybeso even on other worlds, too) and that using the edges of the continental shelves as a boundary would — to phrase it colloquially — “screw over” those nations that are actually based on oceanic islands instead? At least the distances set in LotS are derived from those used, and apparently working reasonably well, in modern-day RL…
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Bears Armed Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed Mission » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 am

OOC: After discussion by TG, EnE now has my permission to adapt material from LotS for this purpose and is dropping the idea of R&R-ing LotS.
A diplomatic mission from Bears Armed, formerly stationed at the W.A. . Population = either thirty-two or sixty-four staff, maybe plus some dependents.

GA & SC Resolution Author

Ardchoille says: “Bears can be depended on for decent arguments even when there aren't any”.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 am

Bears Armed Mission wrote:OOC: After discussion by TG, EnE now has my permission to adapt material from LotS for this purpose and is dropping the idea of R&R-ing LotS.

Thank you. :)

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"This could be very effective. If you don't use arbitrary numbers like Law of the Seas did, and you make sure nations have total authority over their airspace, then I don't see why this won't become very popular legislation. I plan to observe this very closely, ambassador."

I wanted to do this at first, but that would mean repealing Law of the Seas and writing this to get everything to fall in nicely.

No sir, it's too time-consuming for EnE.

(Then again, if this passes, someone would have to write 4(!) resolutions to change both this and the Seas one.) :P

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am

Suggestion:

CLARIFIES that nothing in this resolution applies to the outer space, extrasolar space or extragalactic space, and affects only space of an terrestrial object to the altitude of 54 nautical miles.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:48 am

Elke and Elba wrote:Suggestion:

CLARIFIES that nothing in this resolution applies to the outer space, extrasolar space or extragalactic space, and affects only space of an terrestrial object to the altitude of 54 nautical miles.

If you're looking to avoid arbitrary numbers, I suggest something like "...affects only space above a WA member nation's planetary or lunar footprint up to 90% of the altitude necessary for the lowest possible stable orbit around the astronomical body on which that nation sits." That way you avoid the unit question altogether, and other nations still have the right to use orbital space legitimately, but may not drop into sovereign airspace.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:51 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
If you're looking to avoid arbitrary numbers, I suggest something like "...affects only space above a WA member nation's planetary or lunar footprint up to 90% of the altitude necessary for the lowest possible stable orbit around the astronomical body on which that nation sits." That way you avoid the unit question altogether, and other nations still have the right to use orbital space legitimately, but may not drop into sovereign airspace.

No! Then we run into another retarded definition like we have in On nuclear Testing.....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:No! Then we run into another retarded definition like we have in On nuclear Testing.....

Are you referring to GAR #119 "Nuclear Testing Safety?" Because that resolution's language seems more or less ideal for what it wants to accomplish. Simply because some nations have no ambitions in space does not justify pretending it isn't there. Do you have a better idea for a non-arbitrary upper airspace boundary definition?
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Wrapper
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:15 pm

We have a suggestion or two:

-- Your "STATES" clause adequately covers when nations' airspaces overlap... on a sea border. What about landlocked nations?
-- For the "CLARIFIES" clause: A "nautical mile" is strictly a surface measurement. On Earth, it's the length of one minute, or 1/60th of a degree, which in turn is 1/360th of the average circumference of the Earth, making it an ideal measurement for distances across water. Altitude is almost always measured in feet for airplanes, or miles (sometimes kilometers) for satellites.

Hakio
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakio » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:09 pm

By the way, if you're trying to emulate our newest drafts with the parentheses at the end here's a tip. The number we put in the parentheses is the current version of the draft, you know first draft, second draft, third etc. Good idea for a resolution also.
Proud International Federalist

WA Voting History
Progressivism 97.5
Socialism 81.25
Tenderness 46.875
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28
Pandeeria wrote:Racism is almost as good as eating babies.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:54 pm

"Clauses b and c look clunky. How about:

b) Airspace that is not controlled by a member state due to such airspace being beyond 24 nautical miles of a member state's border shall be considered "International Airspace"
c) A member state's airspace jurisdiction extends to all aircraft registered in that nation while in International Airspace

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Wrapper wrote:We have a suggestion or two:

-- Your "STATES" clause adequately covers when nations' airspaces overlap... on a sea border. What about landlocked nations?
-- For the "CLARIFIES" clause: A "nautical mile" is strictly a surface measurement. On Earth, it's the length of one minute, or 1/60th of a degree, which in turn is 1/360th of the average circumference of the Earth, making it an ideal measurement for distances across water. Altitude is almost always measured in feet for airplanes, or miles (sometimes kilometers) for satellites.

Ah, good point on the first one.
As for the second, I'm just going to put 100 kilometers and confuse the hell out of everyone :P

Wrapper
Retired Moderator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:38 am

As for the second, I'm just going to put 100 kilometers and confuse the hell out of everyone :P

Well, for earth that would be fine, because "low earth orbit" satellites are from about 150km out. On other planets... eh, you don't want to go there, do you? :)

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 am

Hakio wrote:By the way, if you're trying to emulate our newest drafts with the parentheses at the end here's a tip. The number we put in the parentheses is the current version of the draft, you know first draft, second draft, third etc. Good idea for a resolution also.

I used to do that (see Radiowaves and Microwaves Act), but I find it rather useless since I don't have the time to copypasta everytime.

Hopefully, people do see the changes. I'm presuming they re-read it everytime they comment (and I would probably note it down if I edited anything).

Not to mention, it was a bit blatant to say as if you were the one who came out with that specific 'format'.
Last edited by Elke and Elba on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:30 am

Problem on altitude solved.

Now to let draft 1/1 sit again and wait for more replies.

Wrapper
Retired Moderator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 am

Reading and re-reading... landlocked nations resolved? Ah, took a few moments but now we see what you did there, yes, very good.

We do notice that you make reference to a "clause 3" and a "clause 4" but the clauses are not numbered. Assuming "clause 3" refers to the "ACKNOWLEDGES" clause and "clause 4" refers to the "FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES" clause, yes?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:02 am

"So...why is our airspace defined by our land border, and not our oceanic border? I don't see how that is any less our territory."

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"So...why is our airspace defined by our land border, and not our oceanic border? I don't see how that is any less our territory."

Err, no?

The Acknowledges clause makes it for definite that anything within your land border is yours.
The Further Acknowledges clause defines with sea borders etc. etc.

The entire resolution's makeup and definition of borders etc, are all exactly the same as in Law of the Seas, as kindly provided by the urrsish delegate.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly