NATION

PASSWORD

[Second Draft] Legalizing Prostitution

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Will you vote yes on this resolution? Only WA members please

Yes, I agree
37%
Yes, I agree somewhat
10%
Undecided
2%
No, I disagree somewhat
8%
No, I disagree
44%

Total votes : 307

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Second Draft] Legalizing Prostitution

Postby Great Azarath » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Title: Legalizing Prostitution
Category: Free Trade
Strength: Significant
Description:

The World Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGING that prostitution, one of the oldest and most known professions in existence, is illegal in many member states;

CONCERNED that the criminalization of prostitution prevents prostitutes from adequately protecting themselves from abuse and disease, and that even in member states where prostitution is legal, prostitutes still may not be fully protected under current national laws;

CONVINCED that all individuals have a fundamental right to bodily sovereignty that no government can rightly violate;

DEFINES, for this resolution:
(1) Prostitution: As the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person (client) in return for compensation.
(2) Prostitute: Sapient beings who provide sexual services in return for compensation.
(3) Brothel: A organized place of prostitution.
(4) Sapient/Sapience: The ability of an organism or entity to act with judgment.

HEREBY MANDATES that all member states residing with the World Assembly legalize the human right and business of prostitution within the confines of previously existant international law.

Prostitutes and member states that reside with the World Assembly MUST ABIDE to the following statements:
(1) Prostitutes are made fully aware of the health or other specific risk connected to prostitution;
(2) A prostitute has the right to refuse any sexual act;
(3) A prostitute has the right to create a contract with his/her/its client agreeing on specific details.

PROHIBITS the following:
(1) Sexual penetration to happen without some form of sexual protection, unless both sides consent to not using any form of sexual protection;
(2) Any government to stop a sapient being from acquiring this profession; within the confines of previously existent international law.

FURTHER PROHIBITS
Individual member-states regulating prostitution-based enterprises to the point where it no longer becomes profitable for the enterprise, or its employees; member-states must also refrain from instilling negative ramifications on prostitutes for pursuing the profession with the intent of stymieing the industry.

This resolution RECOMMENDS the following:
(1) That member states provide free or low-cost, high quality condoms and other prophylactics, birth control and STI screenings to prostitutes and others who are at risk of STIs and unwanted pregnancies;
(2) Prostitutes are involved with organized brothels for better safety.

ENCOURAGES individual member states to impose additional protocol or standards that do not conflict with this resolution.

Co-Author: Connopolis

Okay, I fixed the part that conflicted with GAR#4, I think. :blush: Read it over against and please give me some feedback.
Last edited by Great Azarath on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 34 times in total.
From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Dr. Xzavier M.
Leader of The Kingdom of Great Azarath

Dystopian Malisin
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dystopian Malisin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Hahahaha! You want to do WHAT?!

Sincerely,

AGAINST

Against, the Administration of Being Against Things, The Committee of Useless Micromanagement.
Factbook(Incomplete)
NSWiki(Incomplete)
Website(Incomplete)
NSEconomy
NSTracker
Sunset Calculator
People:
Seth Eliason, current dictator. Wife: Toria Eliason. Son: William Eliason, ambassador to Saliu. Brother: Gray Eliason, executed for treason.
Tarik El-Hilal, current head advisor, head of internal and foreign affairs. Tenzin El-Hilal, head military and police general.
Katrina Bermenheim, criminal and traitor. *captured*
Business: None Yet
Wars: War on Pazajkland- diplomatic victory
Alliances: None Yet
Sports: None Yet
Other: Embassy in Saliu- Ambassador William Eliason
Allies: Saliu
Enemies: None Yet

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Dystopian Malisin wrote:Hahahaha! You want to do WHAT?!

Sincerely,

AGAINST

Against, the Administration of Being Against Things, The Committee of Useless Micromanagement.

Ok, now do you wanna try tell me why instead of just bashing it?
Dr. Xzavier M.

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:59 pm

There are a few grammatical/format errors, but I strongly support the intent.

Yours in good faith,
Last edited by Connopolis on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Great Azarath wrote:Tittle: Legalizing Prostitution ( Help me with some changes to it and stuff)
Category: Human Rights
Strength: Significant (I'm not so sure this is the best choice for strength)
Description:

To the nations that reside with the World Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGING, that prostitution is practice not legal through out the World Assembly and has several risk to a persons health.

DEFINES, for this resolution, (1)Prostitution as the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person in return for payment. People who execute such activities are known as prostitutes. (2) A Brothel as an establishment for legalized Prostitution.

HEREBY MANDATES that all nations residing with the World Assembly must allow prostitution as a profession. Prostitutes must abide to the following statements:

(1) You are fully aware of the health risk connected to prostitution and still wish to continue.
(2) Your prostitution must be based or connected to a organized brothel.
(3) A prostitute as the right to refuse any client.
(4) A prostitute must be considered an adult in that nation to acquire this profession.

PROHIBITS the following:
(1) The prostitute to be forced upon sexual conduct
(2) For sexual conduct to happen without some form of sexual protection.
(3) For a minor to have such a profession.

ALLOWS individual member states to impose additional protocol or standards that do not conflict with this resolution.

Prostitution is a choice, therefore people who do this know the risk, but still choose to do it. No government should have a right to anyone's body

Before I make suggestions, I'd like to say one thing: "tittle" is either the little dot on top of the letters "i" and "j" or a word designed to make roughly 90% (statistics vary) of the male population feel happy inside. You are looking for "title", with only two "t"s.

Now, here's what I'd change:

Title: On Prostitution
Description:
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY,

ACKNOWLEDGING that prostitution, as one of the oldest professions in existence, is illegal in many member states,
CONCERNED that, even in states where prostitution is legal, there may be inadequate protections for prostitutes,
DEFINES for this resolution: (1)Prostitution: the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person (client) in return for compensation, usually monetary; (2)Prostitute: A person who procures said services; (3)Brothel: A building in which prostitutes are available for purchase by clients.

HEREBY DECLARES prostitution to be legal in all member states, subject to the following restrictions and guidelines:

(1) Prostitutes must be made fully aware of all health and other risks brought to them by their profession.
(2) No person may be coerced or otherwise pressed into prostitution against their will.
(3) Prostitutes have the right to refuse any client, and all acts performed must be done with the informed consent of both the prostitute and the client.
(4) All prostitutes must be above the legal age of majority in their nation to pursue their trade.
(5) Prostitutes are encouraged to use contraception, condoms, and other forms of protection.

ENCOURAGES individual member states to impose additional protocol or standards that do not conflict with this resolution.

Co-authored by [nation=noflag+short]Astrolinium[/nation].

Note that it still needs work, and I will likely have more suggestions.
Last edited by Astrolinium on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Great Azarath wrote:Tittle: Legalizing Prostitution ( Help me with some changes to it and stuff)
Strength: Significant (I'm not so sure this is the best choice for strength)
Description:

To the nations that reside with the World Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGING, that prostitution is practice not legal through out the World Assembly and has several risk to a persons health.

DEFINES, for this resolution, (1)Prostitution as the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person in return for payment. People who execute such activities are known as prostitutes. (2) A Brothel as an establishment for legalized Prostitution.

HEREBY MANDATES that all nations residing with the World Assembly must allow prostitution as a profession. Prostitutes must abide to the following statements:

(1) You are fully aware of the health risk connected to prostitution and still wish to continue.
(3) A prostitute as the right to refuse any client.
(4) A prostitute must be considered an adult in that nation to acquire this profession.

PROHIBITS the following:

ALLOWS individual member states to impose additional protocol or standards that do not conflict with this resolution.

Prostitution is a choice, therefore people who do this know the risk, but still choose to do it. No government should have a right to anyone's body

Before I make suggestions, I'd like to say one thing: "tittle" is either the little dot on top of the letters "i" and "j" or a word designed to make roughly 90% (statistics vary) of the male population feel happy inside. You are looking for "title", with only two "t"s.

Now, here's what I'd change:

Title: On Prostitution
Description:
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY,

ACKNOWLEDGING that prostitution, as one of the oldest professions in existence, is illegal in many member states,
CONCERNED that, even in states where prostitution is legal, there may be inadequate protections for prostitutes,
DEFINES for this resolution: (1)Prostitution: the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person (client) in return for compensation, usually monetary; (2)Prostitute: A person who procures said services; (3)Brothel: A building in which prostitutes are available for purchase by clients.

HEREBY DECLARES prostitution to be legal in all member states, subject to the following restrictions and guidelines:

(1) Prostitutes must be made fully aware of all health and other risks brought to them by their profession.
(2) No person may be coerced or otherwise pressed into prostitution against their will.
(3) Prostitutes have the right to refuse any client, and all acts performed must be done with the informed consent of both the prostitute and the client.
(4) All prostitutes must be above the legal age of majority in their nation to pursue their trade.
(5) Prostitutes are encouraged to use contraception, condoms, and other forms of protection.

Co-authored by [nation=noflag+short]Astrolinium[/nation].

Note that it still needs work, and I will likely have more suggestions.

thanks i'll make some edits and oppsy on the title. lol
Dr. Xzavier M.

Dystopian Malisin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dystopian Malisin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Great Azarath wrote:
Dystopian Malisin wrote:Hahahaha! You want to do WHAT?!

Sincerely,

AGAINST

Has several risks to a person's health. I'm pretty sure we the WA doesn't support things that harm humans. Trololol.

(3) A prostitute has the right to refuse any client.
What about the insane, that might consent randomly without knowing even what they're doing? The drunk? The high? Why must it be connected to an organized brothel? Refuse a client, what about racist prostitutes? So... I can consider 4 year olds adults and have them become prostitutes? Lovely.
PROHIBITS the following:
As previously stated, I can define 'minor' however I want.
Alright. After ten years of allowing this I'm going to commit genocide on them all. 'Additional Protocols, you know.'
"No government should have the right to anyone's body." Opinion, and irrelevant.

Again, Yours truly,

AGAINST

Against, the Administration of Being Against Things, The Committee of Useless Micromanagement
Factbook(Incomplete)
NSWiki(Incomplete)
Website(Incomplete)
NSEconomy
NSTracker
Sunset Calculator
People:
Seth Eliason, current dictator. Wife: Toria Eliason. Son: William Eliason, ambassador to Saliu. Brother: Gray Eliason, executed for treason.
Tarik El-Hilal, current head advisor, head of internal and foreign affairs. Tenzin El-Hilal, head military and police general.

Vocatus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vocatus » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Oppose.

If anyone is desperate enough for money that they would sell their body, we prefer they come to the government for help.

This is not a measure we could ever support.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Vocatus wrote:Oppose.

If anyone is desperate enough for money that they would sell their body, we prefer they come to the government for help.

This is not a measure we could ever support.

A fine argument. :roll:

There's only one flaw. You have nations like this guy that feels it's necessary to kill of the poor. Denying them the right to use their body in an attempt to make money in nations that don't offer welfare is absurd. The Reasonable Nation Theory is normally inaccurate, and I wouldn't rely on it during an argument.

Yours truly,
Last edited by Connopolis on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Dizyntk
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:20 pm

:rofl: You humans pay for this?

Sorry. But really the whole idea is insane. If you wish to have such barbaric practices in your nation, then by all means do so. But do not try to force your silly human customs on us. The very idea of a Dizyntk being so base as to sell their body is such a way is repulsive to even think about. Now, because there is no possible argument you could use to convince me to support this, out comes my little stamp.
OPPOSED
Dizyntk WA Ambassador Princess Feyalisa Zerleen Profile
What is a Dizyntk you ask? Dizyntk Info
Cyanka is the Dizyntk year and is equal to 18 earth months. Do your own math.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Dizyntk wrote::rofl: You humans pay for this?

Sorry. But really the whole idea is insane. If you wish to have such barbaric practices in your nation, then by all means do so. But do not try to force your silly human customs on us. The very idea of a Dizyntk being so base as to sell their body is such a way is repulsive to even think about. Now, because there is no possible argument you could use to convince me to support this, out comes my little stamp.
OPPOSED

Your excellency, if your citizens are so disgusted by this practice, legalizing it would not affect your nation, would it? Prohibiting the use of one's body is a violation of rights based upon the argument that it's either immoral, or disgusting, is ridiculous - it's neither.

Yours,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Dizyntk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:29 pm

I would disagree with the esteemed Ambassador. We do find the idea to be immoral, as well as disgusting. To force this type of behavior to be acceptable by our nation would be setting a poor precedent. Perhaps all of the citizens in your nation happily obey all of your laws. In the Imperium, however, there are those individuals who refuse to conform to legal and societal norms. Now you wish us to ignore these norms? I am sorry, but I think we do not like the idea of that.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Dizyntk wrote:I would disagree with the esteemed Ambassador. We do find the idea to be immoral, as well as disgusting. To force this type of behavior to be acceptable by our nation would be setting a poor precedent. Perhaps all of the citizens in your nation happily obey all of your laws. In the Imperium, however, there are those individuals who refuse to conform to legal and societal norms. Now you wish us to ignore these norms? I am sorry, but I think we do not like the idea of that.

"Perhaps a bi-partisan agreement?"

*Koopman and Dr. Castro glare at Dr. Forshaw

"Such a practice could become a private enterprise, however, it could be strictly regulated by the government (as well as the resolution) to protect prostitutes. Prostitution, unfortunately, tends to be viewed negatively when in reality, it's an ancient (and natural) practice that benefits all parties involved."

Yours,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Herttora
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Herttora » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:34 pm

The psychological impact placed upon both a society and any individual by the support of sex for sale is an uncountable yet infinite stain upon us all. Any increase in prostitution will also likely lead to an increase in sexual slavery. Any one care to think of the results if that contract resolution is passed and this? Nothing like being forced to be a prostitute or be sued because you didn't fit your contract! If individual nations would like to go wildly supporting the self destructive act of becoming a prostitute, then that is your bad decision. (OOC and IC mixed here... sorry Herttora, however, will not be looking like ancient Japan anytime soon.) The choice to destroy one's self, mentally or physically, is proof you are not of rational mind. And since Aristotle's rational mind philosophy is the basis for the argument that mankind deserves to be free, it is clear those people do not deserve that choice then.
Last edited by Herttora on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Herttora wrote:The psychological impact placed upon both a society and any individual by the support of sex for sale is an uncountable yet infinite stain upon us all. Any increase in prostitution will also likely lead to an increase in sexual slavery. Any one care to think of the results if that contract resolution is passed and this? Nothing like being forced to be a prostitute or be sued because you didn't fit your contract! If individual nations would like to go wildly supporting the self destructive act of becoming a prostitute, then that is your bad decision. Herttora, however, will not be looking like ancient Japan anytime soon. The choice to destroy one's self, mentally or physically, is proof you are not of rational mind. And since Aristotle's rational mind philosophy is the basis for the argument that mankind deserves to be free, it is clear those people do not deserve that choice then.

I'm glad you've got an open mind towards prostitution. :palm:

Would you mind explaining this negative psychological impact, as well as supplying us with a source? I could say that prostitution makes you sprout wings and fly, however, that doesn't make it true, does it?
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Herttora
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Herttora » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Connopolis wrote:
Herttora wrote:The psychological impact placed upon both a society and any individual by the support of sex for sale is an uncountable yet infinite stain upon us all. Any increase in prostitution will also likely lead to an increase in sexual slavery. Any one care to think of the results if that contract resolution is passed and this? Nothing like being forced to be a prostitute or be sued because you didn't fit your contract! If individual nations would like to go wildly supporting the self destructive act of becoming a prostitute, then that is your bad decision. Herttora, however, will not be looking like ancient Japan anytime soon. The choice to destroy one's self, mentally or physically, is proof you are not of rational mind. And since Aristotle's rational mind philosophy is the basis for the argument that mankind deserves to be free, it is clear those people do not deserve that choice then.

Would you mind explaining this negative psychological impact, as well as supplying us with a source? I could say that prostitution makes you sprout wings and fly, however, that doesn't make it true, does it?

Yes, being used by anything and everything that comes by with a bit of cash is good for the psyche. It is an undeniable fact it hurts a person permanently. You may lie to yourself all you wish, but there is a reason drug use is so rampant with this group. They are manic depressive, feel useless and worthless, and as they grow older they are forced into more and more dangerous and perverse acts just to keep up the cash flow. Woe the world of the aged hooker.

Also, I made plenty of rational arguments in that post. No study is ever going to show anything intelligent about this debate, so a study of the philosophy behind it is far more productive. Argue against the point from Aristotle. However, that will be a waste of time, because his works are the foundation for this very idea of freedom. If you somehow create the greatest philosophical upset in history and beat him in argument, then you will have destroyed the philosophy proving freedom is the natural state of all men.
Last edited by Herttora on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Herttora wrote:
Connopolis wrote:

Yes, being used by anything and everything that comes by with a bit of cash is good for the psyche. It is an undeniable fact it hurts a person permanently. You may lie to yourself all you wish, but there is a reason drug use is so rampant with this group. They are manic depressive, feel useless and worthless, and as they grow older they are forced into more and more dangerous and perverse acts just to keep up the cash flow. Woe the world of the aged hooker.

Did you actually read the draft? Prostitutes cannot be forced into prostitution. Prostitutes have the right to refuse any clients they want.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Herttora wrote:
Connopolis wrote:

Perhaps their depression is derived from the fact that they must resort to illegal acts to survive? A government approved system, which would make prostitution a viable profession, would most likely decrease depression rates. Similar to drug-related depression in portugal dropped when drugs were decriminalized. You also have to take into consideration the fact that prostitutes must be consenting -- forcing them would violate the proposal.

Yours,
Last edited by Connopolis on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Dystopian Malisin wrote:
Great Azarath wrote:

Has several risks to a person's health. I'm pretty sure we the WA doesn't support things that harm humans. Trololol.

What about the insane, that might consent randomly without knowing even what they're doing? The drunk? The high? Why must it be connected to an organized brothel? Refuse a client, what about racist prostitutes? So... I can consider 4 year olds adults and have them become prostitutes? Lovely.
PROHIBITS the following:
Alright. After ten years of allowing this I'm going to commit genocide on them all. 'Additional Protocols, you know.'
"No government should have the right to anyone's body." Opinion, and irrelevant.

Again, Yours truly,

AGAINST

Against, the Administration of Being Against Things, The Committee of Useless Micromanagement

Well, a lot of people smoke and it effect not just him but everyone in the area........cant say prostitution is as bad as that

[b] the drunk the high the insane blah blah, if the prostitute doesn't like it he or she or it can refuse its as simple as that. What ABOUT racist prostitutes? As far as im concerned racism is beyond the scope of this. Yes a 4 year old ADULT can become a prostitute (obviously they aren't human)

Yes you can define minor how ever you want.....its your choice if you abuse this resolution but it doesnt seem very wa like since thats what your all about

genocide has nothing to do with this

its completely relevant..........THATS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT
Dr. Xzavier M.

Dizyntk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I really cannot see many nations being willing to agree to this, other than those like Tweegee. We simply find the entire idea of being forced to allow so base a thing as offering the blessings of sexual relations in exchange for money repulsive. Do you humans also offer your souls and your blood for sale as well as your bodies?
Last edited by Dizyntk on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herttora
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Herttora » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Herttora wrote:

Did you actually read the draft? Prostitutes cannot be forced into prostitution. Prostitutes have the right to refuse any clients they want.

Did you misunderstand the contract point? Many people aren't forced into anything by contracts. But the result of breaking the contract is so bad, they must continue on.

Herttora
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Herttora » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Connopolis wrote:
Herttora wrote:

Perhaps their depression is derived from the fact that they must resort to illegal acts to survive? A government approved system, which would make prostitution a viable profession, would most likely decrease depression rates. Similar to drug-related depression in portugal dropped when drugs were decriminalized. You also have to take into consideration the fact that prostitutes must be consenting -- forcing them would violate the proposal.

Yours,

Then you argue that any criminal feels depressed? Not only is that totally false, but many recreational drug users get quite a kick out of "sticking it to the man." Finally, your Portugal statement is a red herring. You cannot argue these two events are similar, and it only inspires the drug legalization argument.

Quadrimmina
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quadrimmina » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:48 pm

This will end ideological pandering against a legitimate profession and increase the freedom of individuals to engage in a profession they may truly seek to enter. While we would like to see some cleanup, which we can propose to the proposing delegation if they so desire, we strongly support the intent of this resolution.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Kerrigan, Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Republic of Quadrimmina.
National Profile | Ambassadorial Profile | Quadrimmina Gazette-Post | Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Authored:
GA#111 (Medical Research Ethics Act)
SC#28 (Commend Sionis Prioratus)
GA#197 (Banning Extrajudicial Transfer)

Co-authored:
GA#110 (Identity Theft Prevention Act)
GA#171 (Freedom in Medical Research)
GA#196 (Freedom of Information Act)

Dystopian Malisin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dystopian Malisin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Great Azarath wrote:
Dystopian Malisin wrote:

PROHIBITS the following:

Again, Yours truly,

AGAINST

Well, a lot of people smoke and it effect not just him but everyone in the area........cant say prostitution is as bad as that

the drunk the high the insane blah blah, if the prostitute doesn't like it he or she or it can refuse its as simple as that. What ABOUT racist prostitutes? As far as im concerned racism is beyond the scope of this. Yes a 4 year old ADULT can become a prostitute (obviously they aren't human)

Yes you can define minor how ever you want.....its your choice if you abuse this resolution but it doesnt seem very wa like since thats what your all about

genocide has nothing to do with this

its completely relevant..........THATS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT

HAHAHAHA. "Not very WA like." That's almost as funny as respecting the WA!
There are very many abusive, corrupt, omnipresent, dictatorial nations in the World Assembly. An insane women could be raped and paid and say she consented, when she's not in her right mind. Genocide has something to do with it, as, like you said, I can abuse this however I like. WA resolutions should be as abuse-proof as possible, that's why they're RESOLUTIONS, not useless pieces of moralistic information.

It's horrifically flawed, and not everyone is hippy-loving civil rights lovefests.

Again, lovingly,

[b]AGAINST

Against, the Administration of Being Against Things, the Committee of Useless Micromanagement.
Factbook(Incomplete)
NSWiki(Incomplete)
Website(Incomplete)
NSEconomy
NSTracker
Sunset Calculator
People:

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Herttora wrote:
Connopolis wrote:

Yours,

Then you argue that any criminal feels depressed? Not only is that totally false, but many recreational drug users get quite a kick out of "sticking it to the man." Finally, your Portugal statement is a red herring. You cannot argue these two events are similar, and it only inspires the drug legalization argument.

Nice dodge there ambassador. You completely went around my argument without answering any of my questions. The point is -- committing criminal activity out of necessity leads to depression. My point about portugal was not about drugs, rather that decriminalizing an illegal action decreases depression rates in regard to the decriminalized act.

As for your "sticking it to the man" comment; I'm not sure where you've been, but individuals don't take drugs to defy authority. It's an addictive practice that releases endorphins, which create a feeling of ecstasy momentarily, only to be followed (in some cases -- marijuana is not included) by depression.

Yours,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly