NATION

PASSWORD

Copa Rushmori IV - Logria (RP/Rosters/Results)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Logria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Copa Rushmori IV - Logria (RP/Rosters/Results)

Postby Logria » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:35 pm

The nation of Logria welcomes you to the fourth Copa Rushmori. Though the island nation is more well known for its exploits in rugby league, football fans all over the country are eagerly anticipating the tournament. Can the hosts overcome the odds? Can Isla Pilsen repeat their surprise victory from last time? Or will it be someone else? Let's find out!

GROUP A
Logria
Ansernia Islands
Greater Cotswalds
Cotdelapoms
Sirain

GROUP B
Queer Poco el Mono Ara
Nethertopia
Saugeais
Mytannion
TaeGyeongGiJang

GROUP C
Pasarga
The Hidden Paw
Albundania
Virabia
Nova Cambria et PBI

GROUP D
Isla Pilsen
Palacios and Rodallega
Kazzoria
Whirl Islands
Transilveinia

SCHEDULE
MD1: 2v5, 3v4, 1 - no game
MD2: 3v2, 5v1, 4 - no game
MD3: 1v4, 5v3, 2 - no game
MD4: 2v4, 3v1, 5 - no game
MD5: 1v2, 4v5, 3 - no game

Last edited by Logria on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fans of the odd-shaped ball, brought to you by the unhinged mind behind Krytenia.
Please note the two nations have no IC connection.

Sirain
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sirain » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Sirain National Football Team

Nation: The Nomadic Warriors of Sirain
Nickname: Conquerors
Colors: Red and Black
Mascot: Xavier the Conqueror
Style Modifier: +3
Roster Size: 17 players
Formation: 4-2-4

Stadium: Conqueror Coliseum
Capacity: 76,000

Alternate Stadium: Plasmo Co. Field
Capacty: 56,000

Manager: Heath McGurthy
Assistant Manager: Leonard Archer
Goalkeeping Coach: Samuel Konto
Defense Coach: Herod Zakhorikas
Midfield Coach: Donner Howardson
Striker Coach: Harry Clempsun
Fitness Coach: Walter Herinon

*Bold denotes starters*

GK-Iram Bolton
GK-Rex Spearman

DF-Slade Stanton
DF-Sterling Knox
DF-Zane Vance
DF-Heath Thorne

DF-Mik Wayde
DF-Brock Jackson

MF-Kolt Dredrock
MF-Bojan Agro

MF-Nathan Catigernus

ST-Hugh Abbadon
ST-Cornelius Nikator
ST-Konnor Stamatios
ST-Tauma Thomasson

ST-Victor Valiace
ST-Gasher Witherspoon

In the event my opponent posts an RP first, they may:

Select my scorers (Y)
Give out yellow cards to my players (Y)
Give out red cards to my players (Y)
RP injuries to my players (N)
Godmod injuries (N)
Godmod scoring events (Y)
Godmod other events (Y)
Map of Sirain
Baptism of Fire 41: Round of 16
Copa Rushmori IV Participant

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 am

Saugeais National Team Roster
Saugeais Knights

Manager: Benoit Howard – Age 56

Starting Eleven:
Pos. - Number - Name - Age
GK - 1 - Jenson Paulson - 25
LB - 3 - Thomas Quentin - 24
CB - 5 - Troy Donovan - 29
RB - 6 - Pierre Garçon - 28
LM - 19 - Ed Van der Kampe - 29
LCM – 30 - Lars Kamien - 30
RCM - 14 - Terry Gagné - 31
RM - 38 - Sébastian Monet - 31
LW - 10 - François de Gaulle - 34
RW - 11 - Cane Pryor - 31
ST - 12 - Thomas LeBoeuf - 35

Substitutes:
GK - 66 - Christian Eston - 33
B - 24 - Dudley Finch - 32
B – 31 – Trevor Sturgis - 23
M - 28 - Ken Layden - 35
M – 40 – Carlos Guerrero - 27
M – 15 – Jacob Marley - 30
W – 77 – Richard Weiss - 25
ST - 13 - Claude - 31

Formation: 3-4-2-1
Style mod: -2

Stadium: Stade de Montagne (cap. 56,000)

Kits: Home, Away, and Keeper
Image Image Image

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes, within reason
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players Yes
Godmod other events No
Last edited by Saugeais on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Kazzoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazzoria » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:28 am

Starters in Bold
GK- John Low (34)
GK- Jim Cole (29)
GK- Sam Andler (23)

DF- Luke Darrens (27)
DF- Jack Linster (33)
DF- Linda Vokstov (29)
DF- Jack Hilary (35)
DF- Cindy Carkul (20)
DF- Finn Taylor (24)

MF- Harry Short (35)
MF- Sandra Lois (25)
MF- Ben East (21)
MF- Garry Swam (30)
MF- Lio Darrens (26)
MF- Aidan Jagger (27)
MF- Danny Veille (23)
MF- Ian Ash (26)

FW- Liam Miller (25)
FW- Bob Lee (32)

FW- Brian Tash (35)
FW- Terry Lucas (16)
FW- Harry Minos (24)
FW- Ethan Trent (24)

Manager- Matthias Maucksch (70) (Burchadingan)
Assistant Manger- Jamie Sirea (51) (Khytennan)
Coach- Tim Harold (45) (Kazzorian)

Style mod: +1.8
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes (As long as it doesn't involve death.)
RP injuries to my players: Yes (Nothing too serious.)
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes (8 only)
Hand out red cards to my players Yes (4 only)
Godmod other events: Yes (No death.)
Last edited by Kazzoria on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Co-Hosted the Baptism of Fire 40 | Winner of Beach cup II | Qualified WC 56 (Quater-finals)

Ansernia Islands
Secretary

Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ansernia Islands » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Westerney Review

Joy as islands lose out on Copa Rushmori hosting bid

Whilst Ansernian Football Association officials were mourning the loss of a vote against Logria to host the Copa Rushmori regional football tournament, for scores of NIMBY Ansernian residents were busy celebrating Logria's success.

For Allun Hoskins the decision to hand hosting duties to Logria was a “disappointment”. For Samuel Wyatt however it was “delightful”. A resident of St. Brendan's Cove Wyatt's property backs onto the Anser Park stadium which was to be the showpiece of an Ansernian hosting, and the keen gardener and local issues protester is adamant that the tournament would've only bought misery for local residents.

“Obviously we're a small group of islands and space is already limited. The grounds that would've been used are already tightly packed into their areas and would've needed expanding to be a suitable size for an international tournament.”

“In my case the expansion would've been hanging over my back garden and would've been invading the privacy of local residents, as well as blocking out the light.”

“For certain I'd have lost my tomato crop this year and that would've been a terrible loss, simply for the sake of a few football matches.”

Despite his delight at the lack of international football in his back garden Wyatt however was keen to offer his support to the Ansernian team in Logria saying “Don't get me wrong, I do think the Copa Rushmori is a great competition and look forward to our team hopefully doing well. We're just too small to host it, it was right that the votes went to Logria.”

The AFA meanwhile was adamant that it would survive the hosting defeat amid rumours that it needed to host the event in order to recuperate the expenses lost in bidding.

Chief executive Allun Hoskins admitted that bidding had involved a “sizeable expense” but claimed the failure to win would not hurt Ansernian football.

“Obviously it's a huge disappointment to lose, but it won't break us. It was all within our means.”

Hoskins also dismissed the claims that the tournament would've been too big for the Ansernia Islands to host saying, “If we hadn't felt that we were the best option we wouldn't have put ourselves forward. Those however voted obviously felt differently and we congratulate the Logrian Football Association and have full confidence that they will host a successful tournament and we look forward to our team hopefully doing well in it.”

Queer Poco el Mono Ara
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Queer Poco el Mono Ara » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:31 pm

The Queer Poco el Mono Ara Copa Rushmori 4 Squad

Coach – Mark Sloan – The long serving Pythons manager led his club side to 5 Una Serie titles before suffering a heart attack, after a dismal Cup of Harmony campaign where the second highest ranked side in the competition failed to move out of the group stage, Sloan is looking to redeem himself and his “golden generation” of players and lift the regional trophy.

*First team players marked in bold, subs in italic and reserves... don’t look like either.

Goalkeepers.

Turns out Queer Poco el Mono Ara has an abundance of aging keepers and as such the former Pythons boss has been looking towards the youngsters to give them an opportunity and experience at international level.

01. Aruna Traore – The former youth team player has been on the periphery of the national first team for a number of years now and has finally moved into the prime position replacing Chris Foster at both international and club level with a $2.5 million switch to Valengren Kickers.
02. Davi da Guia. 21 years old. Salaga F.C.. His dad is from Cafundeu and his mum is half Pocoan half Sargossan. He stands 6ft 9 and has an enormous reach and starred for the Pocoan DBC squad that reached the final.
03. James Ladbrooke. 24 year old. Racing Cruzeira. A first team player in League I, it’s a surprise he isn’t starting here. Quick off the mark, he has great reactions, but is prone of “rushes of blood to the head”.

Defence

The Pocoan defence has been rife with mistakes and shoddy displays conceding heavily in recent games during World Cup Qualifying and the Cup of Harmony. To combat this Sloan has promoted a few lads from the DBC squad to the first team after they conceded only 4 goals in 7 games.

01. (CB) Rudolpho – The centreback is getting on a little but continues to show great awareness and judgment, not to mention his die hard attitude to leading his country to newer and greater heights. He encapsulates the competitive nature of the Pocoan people and will do his bets to ensure we don’t crash and burn.
02. (CB) Jeffrey Onyewu - Won the League I title with Belle-Isle he’s an enormous talent and a huge lad. The strapping centreback should eventually get his chance to shine as a starter.
03. (RB) Clancy Gibson. 21 years old. Pythons have so often bought youth, now they have a young lad who is coming through the ranks without having had to pay millions in exchange for his potential
04. (LB) Rigobert Webo – The left back loses his place in the starting XI but manages to hold onto a spot in the squad. Strong, fast and a decent ball passer, but all that went out the window during qualifying.
05. (CB) Arsenio Jackson. 21 years old. Augustus have a habit of cultivating youth and Arsenio is another lad to emerge from their ranks. Broke into the first team after huge number of outgoings in the transfer market..
06. (CB) Lucian Cramer – It all went a little quiet for Lucian after moving to Almondvale a couple of seasons ago. He’s a consistent performer and will be another lad pleased to be included in the 23.
07. (LB)
08. (RB) George Webo – Joins his brother in the reserve pile. He’s returning to Una Serie action with Skyte and is looking for one final hoorah. May not get the chance with the national team however.

Midfield

Not many changes to the personnel in the centre of the park with the midfield still possessing Queer Poco’s “flair” players. A few new names will however be skulking around the bench.

01. (RM) Hugo Anderson - The one constant in this team and yet to turn 30. He’s fast, agile, and has a bag of tricks up his sleeve. Expect him to be more provider than goal scorer, unless it’s a freekick, he’s likely to shove his way to the front of the queue to take it.
02. (DM) Hank Layfield - after a strong season long performance for Athletic Khaldoon, he’s been linked with a move to champions Ajax Khaldoon who looking to strengthen and the young lad may be just the ticket.
03. (AM) Jordi - Began his career as a right winger but shifted into the centre by club boss Adboulaye Soro. He has since flourished in the middle having the chance to exhibit come of his natural flair. He’ll be playing just behind the attackers and will be looking to have a go at goal himself.
04. (LM) Nakiti Shapiro - The Augustus midfielder hasn’t had the best of seasons but he’s still the most talented left footer in the Pocoan league. He’s an attacking threat and good with a dead ball.
05. (LM) . Liam Muhl. 20 years old. Rydell United. Opposite to the above. He has some Una Serie experience playing for Rydell
06. (DM) Graham Potter - The midfielder’s still one of the best young players in QPeMA, he’s a hard hitter for the central midfield if ever they need one.
07. (RM) Aydin Sukur. 20 years old. Did somebody say fast? No. Oh, well he is. One of Belle-Isle’s shining lights after a poor season in the Una Serie, especially after the team promised so much.
08. (CM) Leroy Van Kleef. The Almondvale midfielder makes his international team debut at the age of 30. He’s been lurking in the back grounds of the Almondvale first XI but broke into it recently at its paid dividends.

Attack

The normally attack minded Whites failed to deliver up front during qualifying and the CoH campaign and as such the majority of the names have changed, either through international retirement or Sloan wielding the axe.

01. (CF) Gilbert Batistuta – Becomes a first choice attacker after seeing Dosenna and McCarthy dropped. The Ridgemont attacker has developed into one of the Una Serie’s biggest goal threats and will hope to replicate his club form for his country.
02. (CF) Vijay Kandakram – has surpassed former youth team teammate Pete Goodyear as Skyte’s top striker. Was called up to the QPeMA full squad for world cup qualifying but failed to get any game time. Will be a constant threat to defences everywhere.
03. (CF) Emile Karembeu – the journeyman attacker has been everywhere in the Una Serie but has settled at Ajax. He was part of the world cup qualifying squad but didn’t get a chance.
04. (CF) Bart Wilson. The Augustus attacker became the hero for the Di Bradini Cup squad and his goals helped the team to the final. Played a bit part for the league team and is a surprise to be included in the full team so early on in his development.

Home Jersey –

Away Jersey -

RP Permissions

Choose my goalscorers: Yep
Godmod scoring events: Nope
Roleplay injuries to my players: Yep
Godmod injuries to my players: Nope
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yep
Hand out red cards to my players: Yep
Godmod other events: Yep

Style Mod = +2

-----
Prior to announcing the 23 man squad to represent Queer Poco el Mono Ara, the manager, Mark Sloan held a press conference to outline his plans for the upcoming tournament and his expectations. In a well air conditioned room in the F.A. headquarters in Ambrose he shuffled a handful of papers, took a sip of water from a clear plastic cup and coughed. Clearing his throat he realized the whole room had gone silent. Despite the team’s poor showing at the Cup of Harmony the entire country was expecting the 23 men to set the Copa Rushmori alight.

“This is the golden generation of Pocoan football.” He started as cameras began flashing. “There will not be another time like now in Pocoan football. We are at our peak and the 23 men going out there to represent this little nation are the best we have. Their abilities, solo and combined are more than enough to defeat any side we should come across in the upcoming Copa Rushmori.” He paused for breath and another sip of water. The excessive air conditioning had left a chill in the air and when he exhaled you could see his breath. “This team are at their prime and are ready to leave a legacy on the World stage, as such, these 23 men will first compete in the Copa Rushmori and will then be thrust into the midst of World Cup qualification, which we thoroughly expect to pass through and into the World Cup. There will be no time like this in Pocoan history for years to come. We have been recognized as capable hosts and have welcomed a multitude of nations to our shores for the most recent Baptism of Fire, we have built spectacular new stadiums and reached our second under 21 world cup final and have been rocked by a match fixing scandal, there is no time like now to seize more silverware to add to our recent Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy.”

“Mr. Sloan, are you are you saying you anticipate QPeMA will win the Copa Rushmori?”

“No, Mr. errr..” he fished for the name of the reporter but was getting nowhere “err I’m not saying we will win the Copa Rushmori, I am just saying now is the best time to do so. We have a great squad, great stadiums, everything is great. Plus what better way to put the debacle of the match fixing scandal behind us and restoring the glory of Pocoan football than with a piece of shiny silverware. Are there any more questions?”

Hosts of one World Cup
A Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy and the 16th Di Bradini Championship to name but all of our accomplishments

http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Una_Serie_de_F%C3%BAtbol The Pocoan League

Isla Pilsen
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Isla Pilsen » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:09 pm

THE MOVING ISLAND OF ISLA PILSEN RELEASES LIST OF PLAYERS

Isla Pilsen is the place where most of the Landau Institute refugees went when the Lowrni island, home of the Institute, was invaded by multiple factions fighting in the eternal war of Estresse Intenso, which is still underway. After defeating the army of sentient goats and supernatural beings led by Urizen in the island, these people claimed the place as their new home. But they couldn't know that the island had free will, and also the ability to travel to other dimensions, sending the people inside it to the most different places. This is the favourite leisure time of Isla Pilsen, the intelligent island. Right now, the people of Isla Pilsen are already used to the entity they live on, and have a fine relationship with it. Also, the doctors and professors are now well mixed with the natives and Dreamed Realm warriors. The Copa Rushmori title helped to unite everyone, and now the team seems to be even more prepared for this edition of the competition.

Recently, the sentient island has decided to pursuit new places to go, travelling like usual but reaching weirder places. In one of these trips, Isla Pilsen got into contact with the plane of Another Realm, another land theorically located in Rushmori but one that in reality travels in time and space just like Isla Pilsen. After several meetings between people from Isla Pilsen and Another Realm, it was discovered that Another Realm is in reality an afterlife plane, and all of its people are dead. At least they seem to have some capable football players, and they were seen as a great addition to the already diverse Isla Pilsen community.

As most of the citizens of Isla Pilsen have some relation with the Landau Institute, we end having seven kinds of players in the squad: the doctors/professors, which follow the same style of the ones in the Institute squad, old but techinical; the former patients, who were sane enough to leave the Institute but still have minor problems; the warriors, who fought for Landau Institute in the eternal war coming from the Dreamed Realm and are the most physically fit in the squad; the natives, who were already in Isla Pilsen when the Institute people arrived; the extra-dimensionals, who entered in the team during one of the dimension moves of the island, and ended stuck on Isla Pilsen, with the possibility of being usual people from other universes or some mythological beings, bringing this way the most curious members of the team and combining two kinds of players; and the afterlife beings, coming from Another Realm. With the combination of these styles, the team is expected to have an interesting line-up.

Style: 0

Here is the list of 23 players (number-name [origin, age]):

Use the BOLDED names of my players, but not in all capitals, when RPing

Goalkeepers:

1- Leo SCLERUS (warrior for the Institute, 31)
Goalkeeper of the team in the previous Copa Rushmori, Sclerus is a strong warrior and a specialist at defending, as he successfully defended the Landau Institute from many attacks during his years fighting in the eternal war.

12- SACI PERERÊ (from another dimension, n/a)
Mythological entity which arrived on Isla Pilsen during a native ritual, Pererê surprisingly makes excellent jumps even having only one leg. People say that this is due to his magical powers.

23- Adoniran PREDIZON (former patient and schizophrenic, 40)
Predizon is a talented goalkeeper, but was never ready to be a starter for a football club because of his condition. But, if the necessity arises, he can do a fine job if called, we hope.

Full-Backs:

2- Hugo PÉREZ (island native, 23)
Popular inside the island after his participation in the last Copa Rushmori, Pérez's best feature is his zig-zag move, his main characteristic in that winning team. His job is to move in a zig-zag trajectory to reach the attack, dribbling opponents if necessary.

6- Woody ALLEN (from another dimension, 75)
Another important member of the last Isla Pilsen squad, Woody Allen transformed that campaign in a movie. He loves to tell jokes to opponents during the games and also comment on his love experiences.

14- Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART (from Another Realm, 254)
A new arrival from Another Realm, Mozart will take the Copa Rushmori as an opportunity to display his musical talent, performing in front of the fans before each match.

16- Dino TARRAKH (former patient with memory problems, 18)
Youngest member of the squad, would surely be the best player of the team, but unfortunately he quickly forgets that he is playing a game, or even who his team mates are.

Defenders:

3- King SOLOMON (from Another Realm, 3000)
A true authority on the pitch, Solomon only isn't the team captain because he is a new arrival on the island. Guardian of the team's defence, has many people supporting him, but a huge amount of enemies too.

4- Gilson COBRA (professor in the gynaecology area, 56)
Professor only in title, Cobra does not give lessons anymore. He got tired with the lack of discipline of his students and now only gives assistance to the native women of Isla Pilsen. Is a very wise man, and his intelligence can be useful in creating moves.

13- Gisele BÜNDCHEN (from another dimension, 30)
If Gisele receives some playing time, it is because Boss thinks that the opponent players will lose concentration if they have to play against a beautiful woman. But she wants to prove that he also knows how to play good football, and will be always asking for chances.

22- Cyrus PORPHYROGENETE (warrior for the Institute, 62)
One of the leaders of the group of Institute warriors who came from the Dreamed Realm, the presence of Porphyrogenete will increase the motivation of the other warriors in the squad, but he probably won't play.

Defensive Midfielders:

5- Carlo SIDENIR (general practitioner, 34)
Probably the most versatile player of the team, Sidenir is also a versatile doctor, being able to do any medical duty. As a midfielder, he can play on both sides, as a defensive midfielder, or even in a more offensive position.

8- Mike TYSON (from another dimension, 44)
The guard dog of the squad, Tyson is the last man on the midfield, the one that the opponents have to beat in order to reach their attacking area. But he surely won't allow it if he is capable of: he can even be violent sometimes, being ferocious when attacking.

15- Sabrina Lemos MASSARI (former patient and psychotic, 27)
At first sight, no one would think that Massari was a Landau Institute patient. A pretty woman, intelligent and a theatre lover. But her psychotic tendencies transform her in a threat, and a duo with Tyson can transform the Isla Pilsen midfield in a killing machine.

20- Alex GAMARRA (island native, 35)
He opposed the creation of the Isla Pilsen National Team when it was first formed, due to his dislike of the Institute doctors, but now that the team has won a title he changed his mind. As he is a very good player, this change of opinion lead him to enter the squad.

Offensive Midfielders:

7- Eustathius BRYENNIUS (warrior for the Institute, 37)
Bryennius didn't take part in the battles of the Eternal War, he worked just on the backstage, thinking on strategies. He is very good at following orders and thinking of new ways to surprise the opponents, and will apply these abilities on the football pitch.

11- Elton JOHN (from another dimension, 63)
A leading star of the previous Copa Rushmori squad, Elton John is also the vice-captain of the team due to his powerful voice, that can reach his team mates like music. It is difficult to not notice him when he is around, but even more difficult to stop him when he attacks.

19- Diana Mendez SAFARI (neurologist, 29)
Daughter of Landau Institute football player, she has played football since her early years. Safari is right now one of the most promising names in the neurology field, but does not produce many reports on her studies.

21- Renata Fonseca ZANATA (otorhinolaryngologist, 53)
A very kind doctor, who loves to treat children, Zanata will treat everyone like children. During the match, can give candies to the opponents and talk to them like if they were babies.

Attackers:

9- Zoa AHANIA (from another dimension, n/a)
A former member of the Urizen army, one of the strongest factions of the Eternal War, Ahania was expelled from the group by its leader, and found shelter on Isla Pilsen. Very energic and smart, is probably the best player of the team, but will act as a support striker for Regueiro.

10- Pedro Castro REGUEIRO (island native and team captain, 25)
Captain of the team because he was the only one of the National Team creators who actually could play good football, Regueiro is excellent at dribbling and scoring, but simply cannot defend. Also, he is not a good team player.

17- Usain BOLT (from another dimension, 24)
Impressed all the Isla Pilsen habitants with his speed, and received this position on the NT. Is a sure name to enter during the second half, to easily defeat the opponent defenders by running, especially when they are tired.

18- THE GOAT (from Another Realm, 50)
As it is already known, sentient goats sent by the Daehanjeiguk army were the first beings involved in the Eternal War to step on Isla Pilsen. They were extinct by the combined efforts of natives and Institute warriors, but this greatly intelligent example of the species returned from Another Realm.

Coach: Mario BOSS (professor in the psychiatry area, 75)
Few people would be capable of uniting so many different people in a single team and making it work. Boss knows well how to use the players' abilities, even if these abilities are weird.

Assistant: CASPER the ghost (from another dimension/Another Realm, n/a)
Competing with Donald Duck for the position of assistant coach, the Isla Pilsen team was in need of someone who had more familiarity with the other dimensions and the Another Realm. Casper comes from both at the same time, so he was the perfect addition.

Formation (neutral 4-4-2):

------------------------------Sclerus------------------------------
-----Pérez-------------Cobra-----------Solomon-----------Allen-----
-------------------Sidenir----------------Tyson--------------------
----------John----------------------------------Bryennius----------
-------------------------Ahania-----Regueiro-----------------------
Last edited by Isla Pilsen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virabia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:05 pm

The Vonghurst Star
New Nats Manager

VONGURST - Earlier today, a small coalition of the press gathered around in the wooden room which has quickly become the press conference area for the VFA. We were all gathered patiently, and for some of us impatiently waiting for Brett Sampson to emerge from the hidden panel. For weeks now, speculation has been abound as to who the VFA would be choosing to lead the Nats into the next era, and we were only moments from finding out. Nonetheless, those moments seemed to pass very slowly but, eventually the panel opened, and to a barrage of snaps from the camera, Brett Sampson walked out in his traditional grey suit. His figure, while thin and blotched with a few brown freckles hardly looked a day over 60... or maybe 70. Sorry Brett.

Those who are unfamiliar to how Brett does press conferences, they would think he lacks any decency, as he pretty much skips all of the formalities, and gets straight to the point, and then takes maybe one or two questions before retreating back to where he came. Today was no different. Amidst the continued snapping of cameras, Brett cleared his throat and then began speaking "On behalf of myself and the VFA, I'd like to announce that Jeff Parker, has been chosen to be the next manager of the Virabi National Football Team. Currently, he is on contract until the end of the Copa Rushmori but, when we get to that point we will re-evaluate him and see if he's the choice we want to make as the team moves forward. Thanks and I will now hand the mic over to Jeff" Brett performed a small applause as he moved out of the way for Jeff Parker, who was able to slip out into the room during the short time that Brett had been speaking.

Upon getting situated behind the podium, Jeff took a small bow and popped back up, "Thank You all. I'd just like to thank the Brett and the VFA for giving me this prestigious opportunity to manage a team which I was once a part of, as a player. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that Virabia would ever field a football team much less one that is competitive, and never have I imagined that I would be given the opportunity to manage such a team."

Jeff took a small pause, "If one were to look back to only a decade or so ago, the sport of Football in Virabia was non-existent, mostly played in parks by a few dedicated individuals. For the longest time that was the highest level of competition across the island, and often times you had to make do with fewer than eleven players per side. Yet, only one decade later, the sport has blossomed into one of the top seven sports nation wide. No longer is this beautiful game enjoyed by only a few on the fringes but, now we are able to share this passion of ours, and to a much greater extent, the worlds, with people all across this land. Yet, I feel that what we have done is not enough. There is still room for the sport to expand, and I intend to, as manager of the national team, do everything I can to see it grow to it's full potential. It's something that, especially given the rapid rate in which it has already grown, I feel we can accomplish, and I'd just like to thank you for giving me the chance to have this happen. I will now take any questions."

The majority of the questions related to he intended to, as he said, have football expand even more in Virabia. His answers to these questions basically summarised up by the words, "Good Performance". He said he felt that if the national team were to show the competence of Virabi football on the field, then people would just naturally get into the sport. He said one such example of this was when, back during World Cup 51, the team had a few games where they constantly oversold the small Chris Alabaster Stadium. This propelled the team into the limelight, and as a result, those who were curious went to check the team out, and some of those who liked it, stayed with the sport.

The other major piece of news that came out of the Q&A session was that, Jeff, as expected of him would be undoing much of what his predecessor Waldenyr Caldas did in terms of strategy. Instead of favouring a mild attacking approach, he said that he would be taking the team back to it's karelan roots, and beyond. Experimenting with a formation that placed 6 in the backfield, 3 in the midfield and only one attacker. The rationale he gave for this was that at all costs, the team should not be scored upon and that, given the presence of a strong defensive line, all the team would need to do would be to etch out a goal.

This decision was met with fury from many in Tropaia and the other southern states, and especially the Esperanto footballing community who protested that, System Karela, is "just not how Virabi football is played anymore", and that the team would forgo a lot of young talent, because there isn't alot of space for attacking oriented players on the roster. Some of the more radical opponents even said that it was a deliberate move by the VFA to keep Esperantos off the team. For the most part these accusations have been laughed at, and generally not taken seriously because, as Parker said to one journalist from El Mundo, "These accusations of bias towards Anglos, is clearly not founded in fact, and is actually highly hypocritical because, those who are making them are clearly ignoring many of the talented Esperanto defenders who are out there." Many have accepted this, and have already moved on but, a few are still out there making noise, and it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this has on them.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Virabi Roster for the Fourth Copa Rushmori in Logria

Nicknames: V-Train, The V-Team, The Nats
Colours: Dark Red, Navy Blue, White, Maple Leaf Red

Manager: Jeff Parker Age: 47 Nationality: Virabia Record 0-0-0 (W-D-L)
Style: -5
Formation: 6-3-1

First XI (Listed Left -> Right)

No: Player Age Pos Cap/Gol Club
78: Jimmy London 23 GK 0/0 South Plain Bison
85: Darius Maguire 28 DF 0/0 Freeville Pioneers
2: Max Rumple (c) 31 DF 43/1 Ithaca Big Red
21: Carlos Felipe 31 DF 38/1 Vonghurst Capitols
15: Jesus Montoyez 28 DF 5/0 Atlético Knoxham
1: Jon Lenin 16 DF 0/0 Ironclad Portsham
55: Jùlio Erving 21 DF 0/0 C.D. Atalanta
45: Jose Fransisco 25 MF 21/4 Atlético Knoxham
32: Víctor Tolédo 31 MF 0/0 C.D. Vonghurst
7: Luis Sanches Gaona 32 MF 27/2 CD Vonghurst
19: Rudolfo Brown 24 FW 4/0 CD Vonghurst
Brown is both Principal Set Pieces and Penalty Kick Taker

Backups

No: Player Age Pos Cap/Gol Club
12: Mateo Rangel 37 MF 38/6 West Coast Ang
14: Marty Conquest 34 FW 36/8 Vonghurst Capitols
62: Inacayal Mojica 36 GK 0/0 Portsham City
49: Marco Pacopaco 25 DF 0/0 Atlético Knoxham
54: Riley Maassen 20 DF 0/0 Freeville Pioneers
78: Tom Gonzo 26 DF 0/0 Sons of the Confederacy
27: Pèdro 32 FW 4/1 C.D. Vonghurst
67: Edo 31 MF 0/0 Laufston Town
82: Sarge Watson 36 FW 0/0 Charleston Artillery
28: Rob Gibson 26 DF 0/0 FC Negroe Pride
9: Timothy Porteus 23 DF 0/0 Mount Charlie
5: Rory Harris 26 DF 0/0 Hanstholme Town
RP permissions

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Roleplay injuries to my players Y (Nothing Major)
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y (Limit: 1)
Godmod other events Y (Keep it realish, but more importantly funny)

Kits

Primary:

Secondary:
(Kits from Kappa Kits n' Kicks)
Last edited by Virabia on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.00
OCCUPY ALL STREETS, EVERYWHERE (Occupy Ithaca)

I have made the following progression in my beliefs
American Liberal -> Social Democrat -> Right Libertarian -> Democratic Socialist -> Trotskyist -> Eco-Socialist -> Eco-Communist -> Cooperativist

Palacios and Rodallega
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Palacios and Rodallega » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Palacios and Rodallega
Copa Rushmori 4 Squad

Coach – Thomas Lugano. Palatian coach will lead the “Tropical Storm” team in their second international competition, returning after their average showing in the third Copa Rushmori. His yearly salary is equivalent to some of the Una Serie’s top earners weekly wages. His experience is a little thin, but he’s passionate about his country and about football.

The ageing squad are exactly the same as those who appeared at the third Copa Rushmori, but at least now their league teams have a little competition having joined the joint East Rushmore Premier League with Pays de Horreur (who are once again absent from the Copa Rushmori) and the tiny footballing minnows of Lua Vamoa.

Starting XI

1. Shaka George. 34 (St. Clementine F.C.) [Goalkeeper] Plays in the completely unknown Palatian league. His a little short, but agile. He’s renowned across the country for being a superb penalty stopper.

2. Brent Adis. 33. (Bleufontaine Pirates) [Rightback] He’s a good tackler, like’s to get forward and help attack, has a decent cross but lacks pace and may be caught out if he ventures too far forward.
3. Atiba Kisnorbo. 31. (Cape Jaune Tornados) [Leftback] The youngest player amongst the defence, he’s not naturally left footed but plays there for club and country. He doesn’t go roaming forward much as he needs to cut back inside. Likely to hang back and defend.
5. Lucas Marley. 37. (W. Palacios Centurions) [Centreback] Captain* Marley is a cool head on old shoulders. He has years of experience in the local league and will be looked upon to guide his team mates on the biggest stage they’ve found themselves on.
6. Leon West. 34. (St. Clementine F.C.) [Centreback] A strong determined man who will throw himself in front of any shot and tackle any man he can. A rock at the back he rarely puts a foot wrong.

4. Carlton Ba. 35. (St. Clementine F.C.) [Central Midfield] Ba is a essentially a holding player. He wont join in attacks unless he’s needed and will just hang back making necessary challenges and playing decisive passes.
7. Maxwell Gray. 28. (W. Rodallega Centurions) [Right wing] Blistering pace, thunderous shot, just lacks consistency when crossing the ball. He also has a tendency to end up in the referee’s book unnecessarily.
8. Damian Whitley. 33. (St. Clementine F.C.) [Central Midfield] Damian is a good passer of the ball and not afraid to shoot. He’s in the last year of his contract and may soon be set to retire.
11. Colin Latapy. 34. (Cape Jaune Tornados) [Left wing] One of few natural left footers on the islands, he is a dead ball specialist and likely to take all P+R’s corners and freekicks. His natural pace is now fading so he needs to rely on his crossing ability.

9. Exodus Jones. 26. (W. Rodallega Centurions) [Forward] Palacios and Rodallega’s most gifted player. A born goal scorer who’s being targeted by Una Serie champs Pythons. Could be a big time player if he moves off the islands.
10. Dwight Eliot. 36. (Ajax Khaldoon II) [Support Striker] He’s getting on in years now, but is in the team for his experience. Used to score goals for fun, now he reads the game and feeds his partner. Probably wont play a full 90 minutes.

Subs.

12. Joshua Edwards. 31. (St. Clementine F.C.) [Rightback]
13. Clyde Williams 42. (Cape Jaune Tornados) [Goalkeeper]
14. Anderson Goode 23. (Kobryń Cobras SOM) [Centreback]
15. Jethro Cupid 28. (W. Palacios Centurions) [Centreback]
16. Felix Burgess 24. (Kobryń Cobras SOM) [Central Midfield]
17. Wilson Edwards 22. (Kobryń Cobras SOM) [Right Wing]
18. Devon Cummings 33. (St. Clementine F.C.) [Central Midfield]
19. Suni Stewart. 32. (Mount Deschamps Red Diamonds) [Left Back]
20. Ezekiel Eden 24. (Kobryń Cobras SOM) [Left Wing]
21. Sherlon Theobold 25. (W. Rodallega Centurions) [Striker]
22. Donovan Williams. 35. (Bleufontaine Pirates) [Striker]
23. Jesse Fletcher 21. (Unattached) [Goalkeeper]

Kit:
First

Second

Select my scorers: Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Give out red cards to my players: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries: No
Godmod scoring events: No
Godmod other events: Yes

Style Modifier: 0
Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

Virabia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 pm

"So, Tom... there any interesting stories to cover?", asked the middle aged man as he sat down.

"Not really, Jed. I got nothing. Tony got nothing. Even Deirdre got nothing", Tom sighed, "Everything is just so fresh, that theres really nothing. I'm afraid we might have to..."

"No!", Jed protested, "The idea just sickens me"

"Doesn't matter. If there were something," Tom took a short dramatic pause, "anything, for y'all to write about. I'd send it your way instantly but, there really isn't. The new team just hasn't established it's character yet. Give them some time though, the storylines will begin to practically write themselves."

"Yeah, but that could take a while. It could even be years from now, and what do you propose I do in the meantime. I'm not going to sit here and suffer through writing them. There's no way in hell that I'm going to let my life waste away like that. It's not what I signed up for. It's not what any of us here signed up for. Hell, it's not even what you came here to do. We all know why we came here. It was to be a part of something new. Something that would shift the field from one of tedium for both writer and reader to a valid form of journalism. Where we dig deep, and not just look at the numbers on the board", Jed's speech was placed right on the fine line between impassioned argument and fanatical rant but, by looking at Tom's face it was clear which side of the fence he thought Jed's speech was on. It rattled him a bit and while he did his best to try and hide it, it was clear he was feeling some of the same emotions that Jed was.

"What do you think most news is? Look at the front page of the site. Do you honestly think that each one of those is a hard hitting piece of journalism, exposing a hidden conspiracy or scandal. No, most of it is, how you put it; looking at the numbers on the board." In his speech, Tom had been successful at holding back his true feelings about the matter at hand but, his face told a different story. What he wasn't saying was that for months nay, years now, the sports department of The Star had been under pressure to reform it's act. While it has at times been a successful move for the paper, it has recently come back to bite them in the arse. It only works when there's actually stories to cover but, when there isn't the sports section shrinks to a collection of numbers and injury reports, which has made the upper levels of management annoyed at the department. One such incidence was five years ago when head editor Dan Swami laid off the entire department. Since then, Dan rehired them (except for Mike) but, the war has continued. The constant struggle between "traditional" and "new age" sports journalism rages on.

"Come on, Tom", Jed's voice had a tone similar to a young lover begging for a later curfew, "You know you don't wan't to go through with this."

"I'm sorry but, there's really no other choice. We need output, and unless you go looking.." Tom replied but Jed cut him off.

"That's it.... I'll go looking. Get the chief on the phone. I need a ticket to Logria", Jed's voice had renewed excitement as he watched Tom emit a small smile before he reached down to pick up the phone.

American Liberal -> Social Democrat -> Right Libertarian -> Democratic Socialist -> Trotskyist -> Eco-Socialist -> Eco-Communist -> Cooperativist

Virabia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm

The phone was had reached three rings by the time Dan picked up the phone, "Hello, Tom. What is it?"

Tom cleared his throat and spoke calmly, Dan, Jed and I have a proposition for you"

"What?", Dan said with a tinge of aggressiveness in his voice. He had been interrupted while in the middle of a short siesta, and the fact that it was the sports department only soured his mood.

"Well, Jed here," Jed waved and faintly said 'hi', "Has approached me about possibly sending a small contingent of reporters to Logria"

"Tom, we're already doing that!"

"Yeah, but you're only sending two. Plus, you know the only reason you're sending them is that you know that they're just going to do match reports and nothing else."

"So?", Dan said bluntly, "That's what most papers do."

"But, I thought we weren't most papers. I thought we prided our self on the fact that we're different," Tom was trying to appeal to the old Dan, who used to be wholly in favour of the zany antics of the sports section. However, after the shitstorm the paper got in the wake of the clearly satirical Cult Di Bradini series and a few other articles from that period, Dan was forced to toughen up at threat of losing his job. Initially, he gave some leeway but, as time went on those with in the sports department tried to get away with as much as they could. So, as time went on, things have gotten to the point where they are now. Whether he wants to put his foot down or not is a non-issue. He has to. This doesn't stop Tom from continually trying to get him to loosen up a bit.

"Yea, but different stops at a certain point. What you want is to in effect, never grow up. You don't want to face the harsh reality that not every story can be some adventure. It's just impossible. Plus, it's the Copa Rushmori. Do you really think anyone cares about..."

Jed interrupted Dan, "Really? It's the biggest tournament in all Rushmore. We're competing for the pride of the region... and we have a shot at winning"

Tom shot a glance at tom and put his hand over the speaker, "Jed do you want to have a shot at finding something interesting to report on?" Jed nodded.

"Then shut up!," Tom whispered loudly then took his hand off the speaker, "So, Dan, you we're saying?"

Jed's comment had taken Dan by surprise, "You say, we have a chance of winning?"

Jed nodded and said, "Yes"

The fact that there was a chance, albeit a small one of Virabia winning, had some effect on Dan. While his heart hadn't changed completely, he was now willing to give it some thought.

"I'll think about it" he said as he hung up the phone. As he said this, Tom and Jed jumped up in a small burst of excitement.

Logria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Logria » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 pm

FULL SCHEDULE

GROUP PHASE, MATCHDAY ONE - Scorinated Wed 19 Jan
Group A
Ansernia Islands v Sirain - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Greater Cotswalds v Cotdelapoms - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)

Group B
Nethertopia v TaeGyeongGiJang - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
Saugeais v Mytannion - The Old Forest, Hudstone (cap 44,000)

Group C
The Hidden Paw v Nova Cambria et PBI - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
Albundania v Virabia - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)

Group D
Palacios and Rodallega v Transilveinia - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)
Kazzoria v Whirl Islands - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

GROUP PHASE, MATCHDAY TWO - Scorinated Thu 20 Jan
Group A
Greater Cotswalds v Ansernia Islands - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
Sirain v Logria - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)

Group B
Saugeais v Nethertopia - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)
TaeGyeongGiJang v Queer Poco el Mono Ara - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

Group C
Albundania v The Hidden Paw - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Nova Cambria et PBI v Pasarga - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)

Group D
Kazzoria v Palacios and Rodallega - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
Transilveinia v Isla Pilsen - The Old Forest, Hudstone (cap 44,000)

GROUP PHASE, MATCHDAY THREE - Scorinated Fri 21 Jan
Group A
Logria v Cotdelapoms - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Sirain v Greater Cotswalds - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)

Group B
Queer Poco el Mono Ara v Mytannion - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
TaeGyeongGiJang v Saugeais - The Old Forest, Hudstone (cap 44,000)

Group C
Pasarga v Virabia - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
Nova Cambria et PBI v Albundania - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)

Group D
Isla Pilsen v Whirl Islands - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)
Transilveinia v Kazzoria - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

GROUP PHASE, MATCHDAY FOUR - Scorinated Sat 22 Jan
Group A
Ansernia Islands v Cotdelapoms - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
Greater Cotswalds v Logria - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)

Group B
Nethertopia v Mytannion - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)
Saugeais v Queer Poco el Mono Ara - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

Group C
The Hidden Paw v Virabia - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Albundania v Pasarga - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)

Group D
Palacios and Rodallega v Whirl Islands - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
Kazzoria v Isla Pilsen - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

GROUP PHASE, MATCHDAY FIVE - Scorinated Sun 23 Jan
Group A
Logria v Ansernia Islands - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Cotdelapoms v Sirain - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)

Group B
Queer Poco el Mono Ara v Nethertopia - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
Mytannion v TaeGyeongGiJang - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

Group C
Pasarga v The Hidden Paw - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
Virabia v Nova Cambria et PBI - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)

Group D
Isla Pilsen v Palacios and Rodallega - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)
Whirl Islands v Transilveinia - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

QUARTER-FINALS - Scorinated Tue 25 Jan
1: Winner Group A v Runner-Up Group C - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
2: Winner Group B v Runner-Up Group D - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
3: Winner Group C v Runner-Up Group A - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)
4: Winner Group D v Runner-Up Group B - The Old Forest, Hudstone (cap 44,000)

SEMI-FINALS - Scorinated Wed 26 Jan
5: Winner 1 v Winner 2 - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)
6: Winner 3 v Winner 4 - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)

THIRD PLACE MATCH - Scorinated Thu 27 Jan
Loser 5 v Loser 6 - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

IV COPA RUSHMORI FINAL - Scorinated Thu 27 Jan
Winner 5 v Winner 6 - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Last edited by Logria on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fans of the odd-shaped ball, brought to you by the unhinged mind behind Krytenia.

Ansernia Islands
Secretary

Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ansernia Islands » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:45 am

Ansernia Islands representative football team

Formation is 4-4-2 with a style modifier of +1.

Number, name, position (n/a for goalies and forwards), club, age

Goalkeepers:

1. Aaron Marshall, Whiterocks, 28 y/o
13. Maylwen Tredinnick, St. Piran, 26 y/o

Defenders:

2. Illiam Kneen, right back, St. Piran, 25 y/o
5. Ythel Hosking, centre back, St. Mabyn, 28 y/o
6. Alex Vaughan, centre back, St. Brendan's Cove, 27 y/o
3. Breaca Henwood, left back, St. Beryan Lakes, 26 y/o
12. Max Chambers, right back, St. Gerald
15. Adam Graham, centre back, St. Brandan's Cove, 30 y/o
16. Ethan Wallack, centre back, St. Cowan, 24 y/o
22. Kieran Riley, left back, St. Columba, 25 y/o

Midfielders:

7. Benjamin King, right winger, St. Brendan's Cove, 24 y/o
4. Callum May, central midfield, St. Brendan's Cove, 29 y/o
8. Iosef Márquez, central midfield, Sant Jordi, 27 y/o
11. Gwinear Skewes, left winger, St. Padarn, 25, y/o
17. Gennys Raddall, right winger, St. Maughold, 24 y/o
18. Austol Tregaskiss, central midfield, St. Mabyn, 23 y/o
14. Henry Metcalfe, central midfield, St. Mabyn, 22 y/o
21. Finley Sykes, left winger, St. Keyne, 24 y/o

Forwards:

9. Samuel Warner, St. Brendan's Cove, 23 y/o
10. Mellyan Hoskins, St. Mabyn, 26 y/o
19. Austol Tregaskiss, forward, St. Piran, 25 y/o
20. Kenan Hearle, forward, St. Columba, 27 y/o

Coaching staff:

Manager: Margh Bastian (former Sorthern international)
Assistant manager: Piran Hean (captained Sorthern Northland to World Cup 52 final)

KitsShirts rather

Home/Away
ImageImage

RP permissions
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events Y

Virabia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:00 am

After calming down, Jed had only one question to ask of tom, "Do you think that Dan will pull through?"

A silence that lasted about minute fell across the room while Tom thought of his answer. "I don't know," he said softy, "The mere fact that he's considering it gives me hope. But, I wouldn't count on it.

"Ok, let me know what he says", Jed said as he stood up and began heading for the door and just when he was about to get to the other side, Tom quietly replied, "I will"

"Good Morning, this is your Captain. The local time is 7:00 so the sun is out and the birds are chirping. We are currently 2 hours away from touchdown in Palliston, Logria. At the moment, the forecast at Palliston International calls for a temperature of 11 centigrade. The skies are currently a dark grey and there will likely be rain sometime before this day is through. The forcast also calls for winds @ 18 kilometres per hour and is blowing towards the West and South West. Also, at this point, we will beginning the breakfast service. Please pay attention to your head flight attendant as she goes through thus mornings menu." About half way through this rather long announcement, Jed had snapped awake. The previous night his insomnia had prevented him from falling asleep and thus he stayed up all night researching potential stories, untill he fell asleep, right in the middle of what he was doing.

Because sleep had hit him like a ock the previous night, it took him a minute or two to readjust himself but, by then the stewardess had already come expecting to hear his order.

"Mr. Oslo, What would you like for breakfast?", the stewardess asked him, putting on a good Pan Am smile,

"Uuh... one second please?", Jed said fumbling around for the menu which he had not bothered to look at.

"Ok", the stewardess said, not dropping her smile as she waited while Jed quickly glanced over the menu.

"I'll have the Blueberry toast with some orange juice, extra pulp", he said, handing over his menu.

The stewardes recorded his order and then asked if he would "care for tea. In response, Jed just shook his head. The stewardess then went down to the next person in the aisle. Jed turned back to his laptop (which was still open from the night before) to continue researching potential stories. So far, that search has bore no fruit and he was beginning to believe that perhaps Tom was right. Perhaps there really was nothing to cover.

Cotdelapoms
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cotdelapoms » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:12 am

With World Cup Qualifiers fast approaching, manager Sacha Chrétien has selected a sort of B squad to participate in their first ever Copa Rushmori. It includes a lot of regulars, but none of the stars. The likely starters are in italics:

Goalkeepers
Maxime Lucas (Cosmopolitan)
Yannick Latendresse (Trothwands Evolution, Osarius)
Marcel Demers (Celtic)

Defenders
Salvatore Eagle III (Cosmopolitan)
Jonathan Barrie (Maritime)
Raphaël Dubé (Celtic)
Sev Alves (Sparta)

Sandro Buono (Montréal)
Loïk Mailhot (Chambly)
Antoine Baptiste (Gradiel)
Dermot O'Brien (Montréal)

Midfielders
Rodrigo Lopez (Celtic)
Jonathan Watson (Cap Nordique)
Iestyn Rhys-Lloyd (Pyramid AC, Zarbli)
René Boisbriand (Nacional, Valladares)
Eualdo Nkong (Étoile Rouge)

Mehdi (Sainte-Catherine)
Christian (Cosmopolitan)
Lucas Ribeiro (Maritime)

Forwards
François Michalak (Central United, Cafundeú)
Huw Rhys-Evans (Dominion)
Godofredo Paixão (Tout-Puissant Outremont)
Édouard Beaubien (Gradiel)

Kazzoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazzoria » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Sarcasm Times
GROUP D- Our chances

Isla Pilsen
Well they won it last time so they defiantly won't be that hard to navigate. We are expecting something along the lines of a 5-0 victory over them. If the worst comes to the worst we will beat them about 3-0. We can't really expect not to get a clean sheet here really. Anyway this game won't be too hard for us, really.
Palacios and Rodallega
Haven't heard of them. I'm sure they're amazing. I bet we can't beat them at all. In fact I'm looking forward to a good thrashing. So lets just give up on this match and focus on other crap. Like our children! (Like that's ever going to happen.)
Kazzoria
That's us. Yeah we can beat them.
Whirl Islands
From what I have experienced they are an amazing side (Note: Not sarcasm). So we should be able to win something like 15-0 here serious. I mean they won't even see our goals coming at all. (Note: Sarcasm.)
Transilveinia
Never heard of them. So I'm sure they will absolutely thrash us. Just thinking about them makes me cry a little. It's a very upsetting and they worry me great, I just hope we can keep our pride in this game!
[align=center]Co-Hosted the Baptism of Fire 40 | Winner of Beach cup II | Qualified WC 56 (Quater-finals)

Palacios and Rodallega
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Palacios and Rodallega » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Logria.

Rushmore.

Possibly the furthest North many of these Palatian players have ever been. Many Palatians barely ever left the islands, perhaps wading into the topical waters every now and then to swim, but that was about it. The island people were pretty closed off, they didn’t know much about the outside world or the people that inhabited it and the team found themselves apprehensive at the beginning of the fourth Copa Rushmori. They’d have to face Isla Pilsen, Kazzoria, the Whirl Islands and Transilveinia and knew nothing about any of them. They knew the Isla Pilsen team was the reigning champions and that was that.

The islands were more than welcoming to visitors, holiday makers, members of the East Rushmore Premier League and the like but were still very insular. This made playing an international competition all the more interesting, without having any expectations from the opposition the Palatian team could go out and play with freedom. They were good players, not amazing, not even close to being very good, but they had team spirit and had bonded as a team since the previous edition and that may just be enough to see them through to the knockout rounds.

The island nation takes on their first opponents, Transilveinia in the 71,000 seater Eastwood Park. For everyone in the team it’ll be the largest stadium they have ever played, fingers crossed the occasion and the size of the stadium wont prove detrimental to their concentration. Backing the 11 men on the field and expected 3,000 Palatian spectators are anticipated in Holmecaster, while back home in the capital Cape Jaune, enormous television screens are being erected to transmit the coverage live for those who couldn’t make the trip to Logria.

In the opening fixture the Tropical Storm will be without ageing attacker Dwight Eliot who is still resting after a long season with Pocoan club Ajax Khaldoon II, which culminated in a cup victory.

-----

Bleufontaine.

Palacios and Rodallega.

In discussion, the manager of Palatian team Bleufontaine Pirates Cedric Ramsey and the chairman Amos Latapy. Holed up in the chairman’s office in the diminutive Apex Arena the two have been speaking for hours, avoiding talk of work and next season in the ERPL instead nonchalantly chatting about their holiday plans and how they have been looking forward to the upcoming Copa Rushmori. Two of their players, Donovan Williams and Brent Addis are among the 23 that made the journey to Logria. After laughing about something he’d read in the newspaper recently, Amos looked Cedric dead in the eye. The humor drained from his face and suddenly he was serious.

“We can’t take another beating in the ERPL like last season.”

Taken aback Cedric’s only reply was “We need to bring in some big name players.”

“Ha. As if we have money to do that. As long as we continue to beat the teams from Lua Vamoa we can be happy.”

“I want to help make this team to be the biggest in Palacios and Rodallega. I want them to play in the TQCC and the Copa de Campeones.”

Amos thought for a moment. He could see the sincerity in Cedric and he too wanted the best for the club he had supported as a boy. Working his way up from the dirty streets of Bleufontaine to becoming one of the most respected men in the country had taken years. He had thrust this sensibility onto his team. Getting where you wanted to be took time and effort and could not be done in one quick leap. Or could it. Cogs began moving in his head. He did have some money saved to one side, yes, technically it was his money, private money for him and his family and was to be kept away from the business, but if he was to invest some of it in the team by buying a few players who could propel the Pirates into the UICA qualification spots the return would be quick and his family would never know he had spent the cash. After a long, noticeable pause he finally replied to Cedric.

“Go to Logria, watch the national team and keep an eye on who you want. If we can reasonably afford them, I’ll do my best to bring them in.”

Cedric smiled. He already had a short list drawn up in his mind but the chance to travel overseas and watch the Copa Rushmori was an opportunity he didn’t fancy turning down.

Whirl Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Whirl Islands » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm

THE WHIRL ISLANDS FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
27 Seaside Avenue, Navel Island, Whirl Islands

Official Roster for the Copa Rushmori IV

Style Modifier: +2
Formation: 4-3-3
Head Coach: Jean-Claude Vermillion

Starting Line
1. Ryan Nixon, GK, 26 - Navel Sharks
2. Peter Jones, DRC, 29 - Navel FC
3. Mel Brown, DRC, 27 - Narissa Dolphins
4. Ken Bowles, DC, 26 - Navel FC
5. Paul McAllister, DL, 24 - FC Atlantis
6. Thomas Hatchet, MR, 27 - FC Fauxham (Valladares)
7. Gilbert Phillips, MC, 25 - FC Atlantis
8. Reggie Gamboa, MLC, 31 - Lagoon Red Diamonds
9. Dan Halverson, FW, 29 - Halcones de Maracaibo
10. Conally Jones, FW, 27 - Lagoon Red Diamonds
11. Jonathan Nicholls, FW, 24 - Navel Sharks

Bench Line
12. Robin Foster, GK, 29 - Eastburg United
13. Charles Lennon, GK, 28 - Narissa Dolphins
14. Robert Reyes, DR, 27 - Navel Sharks
15. Gerard Richardson, DC, 23 - Sparta Navel
16. Ben Edwards, DLC, 25 - FC Atlantis
17. Ernest Suazo, DL, 28 - Eastburg United
18. Jefferson Acuña, MR, 22 - Navel FC
19. Jack Cahill, MC, 26 - Navel FC
20. Craig Palin, MLC, 31 - Navel Sharks
21. Michael Neill, FW, 23 - FC Fauxham (Valladares)
22. Gary Rogers, FW, 24 - FC Atlantis

KITS: (Courtesy of UltraTeam, from Valladares)

RP PERMISSIONS:
If my opponent RPs first, he/she can:
Choose my scorers? Yes
Yellow card my players? Yes
Red card my players? No I'll determine whether my players are sent off or not.
Injure my players? No without permission. I'll determine the severity if granted permission.
Godmode injuries? No
Godmode scoring events? Yes
Godmode other events? No unless they involve weather conditions.

Please no killings nor anything related to unrealism. Realistic RPs will be appreciated. Follow this permissions and have fun...
The Whirl Islands - A more tropical version of Valladares
Sporting Achievements: Cup of Harmony 43 Runners-up
[14:51] <V-Dawg> the thing with FSSO being dream gay, yes
[14:51] <Bostopia> haha win :)
[14:51] <Swartaz> oh no, he has this famous one..
[14:51] <Swartaz> <FSSO>: nosrsly V-Dog, i had a dream once where i woke up and some guy climbed out of my bed naked, got dressed, said 'i'll call you later' and buggered off <Bostopia>: so not only are you dream-gay, you're a failure with men too
[14:51] <Swartaz> :P
[14:51] * Bostopia = epic

Logria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Logria » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks to my Internet connection going up the wazoo, the competition is now running four days behind the original schedule. Dates for scorination have been amended accordingly. On that note, this is your belated MD1 cutoff.

Logria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Logria » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 pm

GROUP PHASE, MATCHDAY ONE
Group A
Ansernia Islands 0-0 Sirain - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Greater Cotswalds 1-3 Cotdelapoms - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)

Group B
Nethertopia 2-1 TaeGyeongGiJang - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
Saugeais 2-5 Mytannion - The Old Forest, Hudstone (cap 44,000)

Group C
The Hidden Paw 2-3 Nova Cambria et PBI - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
Albundania 1-1 Virabia - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)

Group D
Palacios and Rodallega 0-0 Transilveinia - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)
Kazzoria 3-2 Whirl Islands - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)
Last edited by Logria on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hidden Paw
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hidden Paw » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 am

Maybe time passesmore slowly in 'The Hidden Paw' than it does in some other nations, but anyway they're sending exactly the same team that they sent to the previous Cup and nobody in it looks any older now than they did then...

Nation: The Hidden Paw
Team nickname: 'The Great Hunt'

Manager: Harrubearr DeWhite (male Ursine, very light-brown fur, elderly, eloquent)

Team Doctor: Berrins ThunderBear (male Ursine, youngish adult, dark brown fur, wears heavy glasses and often wears a white 'lab' coat over his ordinary clothes, doesn't talk much)

Kits: 'Home' = all white (except Goalkeeper's, which is dark gray)
'Away' = all black (except Goalkeeper's, which is light gray)

Style modifier: balanced, essentially ±0 (although if the host is willing then this goes to +1 against any team whose style is -2.5 or lower / -1 against any team whose style is +2.5 or higher...)

Normal formation: 3-4-3

RP permissions: Anything that's reasonable or funny, but don't get too many of them red-carded at a time; however their doctor can "magically" fix most injuries almost immediately, and most other injuries before their next game... and two of the players, namely 'Sable' & 'Scarrlett', are basically indestructible to any hazards to which they're at all likely to be exposed in these circumstances anyway.

Yes, they're all Ursines, although unlike the teams from Bears Armed they're males rather than females. They're generally closer to the 'human' end of the anthropomorphism scale than most of BA's people, less massive but more agile than those, and --- except in any specific cases where I indicate otherwise -- have eyesight within the normal human range.
Also unlike the teams from BA, these players are quite likely to cheat if they think that there's something worthwhile to be gained by doing so and that they have a reasonable chance of getting away with it. To use an analogy based on the Harry Potter' books, if BA is 'Hufflepuffs' -- which I think would be a fairly common view abroad -- or even (at least by their own estimation) 'Gryffindors' then THP tends to be more... well... 'Slytherins'...
(Why a 'Harry Potter' analogy, you ask? Well, remember, this is one of the nations that managed to field a team for NS's first 'Quidditch World Cup': Don't worry, though, they have a strict "No wands inside sporting venues" rule for everybody except sports associations' officials and -- when playing -- Quidditch teams...)
(Of course, 'Slytherins' and their typical attitude to rules...)

Roster

Goalkeeper: #01 _ Pait'hurr Storm _ plays for 'SouthGate Stormcubs' _ dark brown fur, ambidextrous, big but fast on his feet too, can exhale strongly enough to blow the ball around and maybe even to blow opposing players off of their feet.

Defenders: #02 _ Berrjhill ThunderBear _ plays for 'Island Rangers', usual position = Left Back _ greyish-brown fur, left-pawed, twin brother of #04. (These twins have a strong rapport that helps them to work very well together).
#03 _ Darron Barkh _ plays for 'Imagerrie Ikons', usual position = Centre Back _ dark brown fur, left-pawed, big and strong but deceptively nimble too, the team's youngest player.
#04 _ Skorth ThunderBear _ plays for 'Island Rangers', usual position = Right Back _ greyish-brown fur, right-pawed, twin brother of #02. (These twins have a strong rapport that helps them to work very well together).

Midfielders:

#05 _ Anddurr Sable _ plays for 'Midsomer Mysteries', usual position = Defensive Left Midfielder, Team Captain _ ambidextrous, black fur, expressionless eyes, "indestructable", can not only project his voice right across the field but do so in such a way that only his intended target[s] here him, a very good player and a verrry good tactician.
#06 _ Derrak o FarWoods _ plays for 'FarWoods Rangers', usual position = Defensive Right Midfielder _ grayish-brown fur, right-pawed, in awe of (but dislikes) Andderr Sable.
#007 _ Jamz Bland _ plays for 'Multiversal Importers', usual position = Offensive Right Midfielder _ fur = light brown, right-pawed, good at getting to where his team's opponents don't want him to be, a playmaker and sometimes (usually when the opposition don't expect it) goal scorer, almost as good as he thinks he is _ off the pitch he dresses stylishly & expensively (just avoiding "flashily" too), enjoys good living and fast cars, and chases attractive females (Human as well as Ursine) who do tend to fall for him...
#404 _ Ethbahr Nevermore _ plays for 'Midsomer Mysteries', usually as Offensive Left Winger _ black fur, smaller than 'Sable' and a bit further from human than him as well, ambidextrous, he specialises in getting around the pitch without being noticed by the opposition (for example, to ensure that one of his colleagues isn't "offside" after all) and doesn't talk much.

Strikers:

#11 _ Bruettus Woaden _ plays for 'ChromaCity Champions', usual position = Left Forward _ dark brown fur with a "blue" tinge, right-pawed, big & strong, fairly fast but not quite as manoeuvrable (or as intelligent?) as some of his colleagues; [non-identical] twin of #12.
#12 _ Bruenno Woaden _ plays for 'ChromaCity Champions', usual position = Right Forward _ dark brown fur with a "blue" tinge, left-pawed, tbig & strong, fairly fast but not quite as manoeuvrable (or as intelligent?) as some of his colleagues; [non-identical] twin of #11.
#13 _ Gerray Scarrlett _ 'ChromaCity Champions', usual position = Centre Forward _ medium-brown fur with a reddish tinge, ambidextrous, a bit smaller than the twins but still quite large by human standards and surprisingly strong, fast and manoeuvrable and bright, "indestructible", good at inspiring the team (of which he is Deputy Captain...).
(A fairly common tactic, when Gerray kicks off, will be for him to take the ball down-field while the Woaden twins back him up -- in a sort-of 'wedge' formation -- to discourage any attempts at tackling him & to help recover the ball if he does lose it...)

(Substitutes possibly to be added later...)

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Saugeais Sports Briefs
Blown out in Copa debut

The national team lost in demoralizing fashion in its first ever Copa Rushmori match, losing to Mytannion 5-2. "We were just outplayed, and with the World Cup to look forward to, we just can't let this happen," said manager Benoit Howard. "I don't want to go into the WC with a down-trodden, unmotivated team. We need to pick up the pace and play our hearts out in the next match!"

Saugeais started out strong with a quick strike 9 minutes in by veteran Thomas LeBoeuf, but then the punishment began. Mytannion's forwards began the assault by nailing the post twice on consecutive shots, making the crowd shout "Awww" in unison. But just 20 seconds later, Mytannion surprised keeper Jenson Paulson by lobbing a shot over his head in the net, tying the game. Mytannion then scored on successive possessions in the 20th and 29th minutes giving them the 3-1 advantage. Benoit Howard was seen shouting at his players from the sideline with great vigor, but it didn't seem to help much at all. Mytannion scored once more before the half to put the lead at 4-1. The second half began with Saugeais being more aggressive than usual, with harder tackles and forcing shots that weren't there. Somewhere in all the chaos, Cane Pryor slipped by the defenders and blasted a shot past the keeper and Saugeais was back to being down by two with 30 minutes to go. But the Mytannion defense clamped down on the charging Knights as the opponents scored once more in the 79th minute to secure the win.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Virabia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:02 pm

...Virabia's 1-all draw to Albundinaia only made things worse. Jed had six whole days to cobble together a story. In that time, he thought he would have found something. Intstead, he is still empty handed. Each passing moment making his Tom's words ring truer and truer.

Jed was on the bus returning to his hotel after watching Virabia's match against Albundinaia. His laptop was resting snug on his lap. A nearly blank word processor was opened and on the top of the other white page was the blank football template. A necessity for any match report.

He was about to admit defeat and begin work on his first match report in ages. This prospect made him sick but, he'd have to suppress his feelings if he wanted to keep his job. The time of reckoning was now. His finger was a centimetre away from hitting the 'I' key when the bus began to slow down. In his dread, time had appeared to flow by him.

Hurriedly, he packed up his laptop and scrambled towards the door. He had made it in time and started down the block that separated him from his hotel. The sidewalk was oddly narrow considering that he was in the middle of downtown Bradley. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem but, he had to be stuck behind a man who made it his god-given mission to walk at a painfully slow rate. Just so he could anger other people. Jed didn't make too much of him though. He was lost in his own universe but, during one of the brief seconds that he was in the physical realm, Jed noticed that the man in front of him seemed oddly familiar. However, he couldn't place a finger on who the person could possibly be so Jed buried it in the back of his mind and wen't back to his own universe.

He remained there until, when, going up to his room, he found himself in the same elevator as the man he had seen earlier. He knew that this would be the perfect opportunity to approach him.

"Excuse me," Jed said in an uneasy voice. He hoped that his intuition was correct, otherwise the situation that he was in would get much more awkward than it already was.

"Yes," the man said, "What is it?"

"I have a question for you" Jed said.

Before the man could respond, Jed, who had just realised that he had forgone a formal introduction scrambled for his press id card, "Oh, and sorry. I'm Jed Oslo of the Vonghurst Star.

The man took a small step back when he heard Jed say' that he worked for the Vonghurst Star. Still, not wanting to be rude he responded, "Sure, what is it?"

Jed was beginning to have doubts as to his hypothesis. The man he was speaking to sounded much different than the man he thought it was. Nevertheless, he decided that it would be best to follow his intuition on this one. For if he was correct, the result would possibly one of the greatest, and by far most surprising pieces to run in the star.

"Sir, I can't help but to notice that you look familiar," Jed said, not noticing that what had put the man slightly on edge, "Are you...Choam Nomsky?"

The man waited a bit to answer. He looked down at his feet then back up at Jed.

"Yes," he said shyly.

Jed was shocked. For once his hypothesis was actually right. "Everyone thought you had died"

"I know", Choam said trying to shy away from Jed's questioning. Not that it mattered. Jed ignored these non verbal cues and proceed to ask Choam for an interview. Choam agreed as long as he would be able to view the final product before it was sent off to Tom. Jed could care less about the individual terms and conditions, though. He had at last found his story.

Virabia 1 - Fransisco (62')
Albundinaia 1 - ???????? (12')
Venue: Coxgrove Park, Bradley, Logria
Attendance: 32,300
Kickoff Time: 20:00 WSRT
Officiating Team: Primary: Ryan White (Whirl Islands) Sideline Refs: Tom Kennedy (Whirl Islands), Zach Whitney (Palacios and Rogadella) Fouth Official: Mark Law (Kazzoria)
Bookings: Maguire (30'), Erving (53'), Pacopaco (79')
Substitutions: (In/Out)
VIRABIA: Erving/Pacopaco (68'), Tolédo/Edo (68') Brown/Conquest (80')
ALBUNDINAIA: None Known
Man of the match: Max Rumple (Club: Ithaca Big Red)

Logria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Logria » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 am

GROUP PHASE, MATCHDAY TWO
Group A
Greater Cotswalds 0-0 Ansernia Islands - Melbourne Road, Itchensea (cap 43,000)
Sirain 0-2 Logria - Coxgrove Park, Bradley (cap 33,000)

TEAM               P  W  D  L  F  A  GD  PT
TEAM P W D L F A GD PT
Cotdelapoms 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3
Logria 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
Ansernia Islands 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 2
Greater Cotswalds 2 0 1 1 1 3 -2 1
Sirain 2 0 1 1 0 2 -2 1

Group B
Saugeais 1-1 Nethertopia - Eastwood Park, Holmecaster (cap 71,000)
TaeGyeongGiJang 0-2 Queer Poco el Mono Ara - Tower Stadium, Speake (cap 58,000)

TEAM                    P  W  D  L  F  A  GD  PT
Nethertopia 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 4
Mytannion 1 1 0 0 5 2 +3 3
Queer Poco el Mono Ara 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
Saugeais 2 0 1 1 3 6 -3 1
TaeGyeongGiJang 2 0 0 2 1 4 -3 0

Group C
Albundania 1-3 The Hidden Paw - Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Nova Cambria et PBI 0-2 Pasarga - Trinity Park, Broome (cap 47,000)

TEAM                 P  W  D  L  F  A  GD  PT
Pasarga 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
The Hidden Paw 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 3
Nova Cambria et PBI 2 1 0 1 3 4 -1 3
Albundania 2 0 1 1 2 4 -2 1
Virabia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

Group D
Kazzoria 3-1 Palacios and Rodallega - Morley Road, Liodence (cap 52,000)
Transilveinia 0-1 Isla Pilsen - The Old Forest, Hudstone (cap 44,000)

TEAM                    P  W  D  L  F  A  GD  PT
Kazzoria 2 2 0 0 6 3 +3 6
Isla Pilsen 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
Transilveinia 2 0 1 1 0 1 -1 1
Palacios and Rodallega 2 0 1 1 1 3 -2 1
Whirl Islands 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0
Last edited by Logria on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Virabia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:53 am

The Vonghurst Star
Lost and Found

BRADLEY - It's been four years since Virabi Lines 21 went missing.With no indication as to where it was or if any of the passengers were still alive, we took the safe road. Declaring them all dead. For four years, this theory looked to prove correct. However, the other day. I met someone who was on that plane. While tanner, and older, than we remember him, Choam is alive.

I had been returning to my hotel after our draw with Albundinaia, when I had thought I had seen him. It was a ludicrous notion but, as I soon found out it was correct. Fate would have it that we would ride the same lift up to our rooms. It was there I confronted him and to my surprise confirmed my belief. I then asked him for an interview. In the beginning, he shied away from my questioning but, as time went on, he warmed up. The results, I proudly present below.

Q: First, I'd like to ask the question that is surely on everyones mind; where were you during these past four years?

A: After the plane crashed, I thought I was perhaps somewhere in South Mountingshire, or perhaps Northern Tropaia. The vegetation was certainly odd for that area but, the topography was right. Plus, I hadn't felt like I was on the plane for that long. I certainly didn't remember falling asleep. This couldn't have been further from the truth. As I'd find out, after wandering through the forest looking for someone, I was in a place called Islas Ecuatorial....

Q: I hate to cut you off but, did anyone else survive the plane crash?

A: From what I could tell, I was the only one. There is a small chance that someone else may have pulled themselves out of the wreckage but, even if they did, I don't think they would have made it that far with their injuries.

Q: Speaking of injuries, Considering that you were able to survive for a while afterwards, What did the crash give you?

A: I had quite a few fractured bones, some broken ribs and a broken left pinky.

Q: I see. So, moving back to the topic of this Islas Ecuatorial place? What is it? Where is it?

A: Well, it's a collection of small, remote islands some 20,000 kilometres to the East of Virabia. However, of this, I am not certain.

Q: So, how come we've never heard of this place?

A: They are an extremely isolationist country. Until I arrived, they had had no contact with other people for centuries.

Q: Why? You'd think that in this modern, fully networked world, they'd seek at lest some contact with the outside world.

A: You'd think but, the reason is kind of clear once you understand who they are.

Q: So, who are they?

A: As I was getting to, these people are descended from a group of Esperantos who used to live in the old Esperanto settlement. The one currently known as Southham. Four hundred years ago, their ancestors escaped upon the Ironclad Esperanto. You'd recall it as the ship that took the original settlers to the island. They had decided to flee the land because of the First Anglo-Esperanto war. Thus, they went in search of a new land, and after a couple of tries they found their present home, which are the Islas Ecuatorial. The islands were rich and fertile to the point where there was no reason to have dealings with the outside world. Thus, over the course of 400 years, their development has been much different from the outside world. As a result of this, they have had no way to contact people beyond their boarders. Not that this bothered them. They were perfectly fine existing in their own eden.

Q: Does this explain why there has been no contact between you and anyone else?

A: Mostly. The most advanced form of transportation they have is the bicycle and their capacity for written communications stops at the handwritten letter. Going and living there is in a way like a time machine.

Q: You said mostly. What do you mean by that?

A: Aah, I'm not comfortable going into that.

For more of my interview with Choam, please read tomorrows issue of the Vonghurst Star.
Last edited by Virabia on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports