NATION

PASSWORD

Cup of Harmony 39- Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Cup of Harmony 39- Everything Thread

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:32 am

When we signed up for World Cup 47, our greatest fantasy may have been that somehow, someway, we would win the World Cup. If that wasn’t the case, then we at least were hoping to make the final field of 32, that qualified for the prestigious tournament. Despite the best efforts that we all made to lead our great nations to the event, we did not make that field. For some of us, this was seen as the likely event. For others, missing out on qualifying was pretty tough.

This is what makes the Cup of Harmony a fascinating tournament. Don’t listen to those people who want to call it a “Loser’s Cup” or the “fight for 33rd place.” It’s a nice mixture of nations who’s national programs are at different levels and makes for a fun tournament. If it wasn’t such a great tournament, why would Newmanistan keep coming back? Well, anyway...

The entire tournament will take place within Newmanistan (games scorinated by Dancougar will still take place on Newmanistanian soil). As a three-time Cup of Harmony winning nation, we appreciate the tournament here. You won’t be treated as second-rate competitors in something that’s not the World Cup. We want to make this a great experience for you, and we hope that you all enjoy your stay in the Empire.

There were 35 nations that met the criteria for participating in this event. About 24 hours ago, when notified that my bid being accepted was extremely likely, I sent out invitations all 35 nations. The response has been wonderful, as already 26 nations have accepted that invitation through telegram.

These 26 nations already have their entry confirmed as they accepted their invitation through TG. They may post a roster at anytime here on this thread. If you want, you can tell me to link to your World Cup qualifying roster if there will be no changes. Style Modifiers will be +/- 3

1) Newmanistan
2) Somewhereistonia
3) Uiri
4) Swilatia
5) Secristan
6) Toyur
7) Valladares
8) Rejistania
9) Cassadaigua
10) Quintessence of Dust
11) Golgothastan
12) Sargossa
13) Silexhera
14) Taeshan
15) Iansisle
16) Tyrrin
17) Steroga
18) Valipac
19) Swartaz
20) Bettia
21) Northern Bettia
22) Sitspot
23) The Babbage Islands
24) Euro-Trash
25) Isselmere
26) Akbarabad
27) Gordon Bay City
28) Quakmybush
29) Albundania
30) Panuul
31) Landau Institute
32) West Zirconia

Penthoria- provisional to make up numbers if needed -- not needed

These nations were eligible but the field is now full at 32.

1) Bushdome
2) The McLaughlin Islands

The group draw will be held on Tuesday July 21 at around 10-11am eastern US time and matchday one will be Thursday July 23rd. Daily RP cutoffs should be anticipated around 9:30-10PM Eastern USA Time (0130-0200 UTC) in the groups in which I scorinate.

Note that whatever group Newmanistan plays in, that group will be scorinated by Dancougar, as will all games involving Newmanistan. Expect this cutoff also in the late evening.

ALL LINKS FOR ROSTERS, ETC ARE ON THE GROUP DRAW ANNOUCEMENT PAGE, WHICH CONVENIENTLY IS ON THE FIRST POST OF PAGE 2.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Cup of Harmony 39- Everything Thread

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:34 am

Cup of Harmony roster: The Babbage Islands
Nicknames: Bumblebees, Islanders
Colours: Yellow and black

Player-Coach: Magnus Svoboda, Dover City
STYLE: +3
FORMATION: 3-4-3

STARTING LINEUP

1 Averill Robinson (captain), GK, West Scovile Tigers, 18 caps, 1 goal
2 Wilhelm Freudigmann, WB, Viktoria Baden, 18 caps
5 Chang Weigu, M, Xianggang FK, 4 caps
6 Pierre Rouleau, M, Parisian, 19 caps, 2 goals
7 Orson Cook, W, Greenville Rovers, 14 caps, 2 goals
8 Erik Hebbeler, F, Viktoria Baden, 11 caps, 2 goals
9 Tony Martin, F, FC Green Star, 18 caps, 3 goals
10 Magnus Svoboda, F, Dover City, 19 caps, 12 goals
11 Patty Heatherly, W, Handcarters
16 Ed Sims, WB, The Orange, 15 caps
17 Carl Rolando, D, Charleston FC, 8 caps, 1 goal

RESERVES

3 Mark Benson, D, Baden 98
4 Bill Hope, D, Gernsback United, 9 caps, 1 goal
13 Whitney Anderson, D, Southland FC, 3 caps
14 Timothy Reynolds, F, FK Tesla, 5 caps, 1 goal
15 Roger Doss, M, Far Point Islanders, 5 caps
18 Mel Thompson, M, Gernsback United, 5 caps
19 Jerry Niven, M, Cardston FC, 3 caps
12 Steve Patterson, GK, Moundsville FC
20 Clive Johnson, F, The Orange

RP PERMISSIONS: An opponent who RPs first may assign my scorers, may assign yellow cards to my team but not red cards, may assign injuries to my team members with anticipated unavailability of one game or less, and may not godmod.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:15 am

Nation: Somewhereistonia
Team Nickname: Eagles
Style Modifier: +3
Formation: 4-1-3-2 (Some managers might change this as the tournament progresses).
Home stadium: Spektakl-3-Arena
Kit:
ImageKeeper Kit Image2nd Keeper Kit

Image1st Kit Image2nd Kit Image3rd Kit

Manager: Well, urm... read on for information.
Assistant Manager: Ditto
Head Physio: Gustav Tolving (Owner of a sports physio centre outside Qasarian, he has shown a brilliant ability to bring players back from injury sooner than expected). This guy keeps his place.

Team roster. Positions shown within [square brackets]

First 11
1. Svante Klug, 28 [GK]. Klug has been a member of the Dinamo Karrkiv squad from age 16 and has already established himself as one of the best keepers in the Meistriliiga (the first division).
2. Justinas Volrat, 30 [LB]. CF America Chuuoushi of Dancougar recently won the race to sign Volrat after several teams showed interest. Volrat has become established as the best full back for the nation, and one of an increasing number to play overseas.
3. Kazys Kadleks [VC], 31 [LCB]. Strong centre-back who is strong in the air. Kadleks has long been a first choice player for the national side.
4.Kasper Grinius, 25 [RCB]. Grinius has finally moved up to become a first choice player, with Lurich having retired from international football. He has shown strength and determination, even when let down by his other defenders.
5. Romualdas Sokk, 25 [RB]. The Qasarian Sparta defender has proven he has the talent to impress in major tournament, but is yet to fully establish himself.
6. Vladimir Paposki, 32 [DMF]. The solid Dinamo Karrakiv player has repeatedly helped to make sure they are title contenders by bolstering the defence. A strong tackler, he has a number of cards to his name; however he almost always wins the ball.
7. Vincas Taska, 23 [RMF]. The young star of the Dinamo team, voted MIP for 2 seasons running. Quick of the mark and able to cross dangerously, he can trouble even the most experience LB.
8. Czesław Keres [C], 33 [AMF]. The Dinamo captain has had mixed success at home during has career, but has worked brilliantly with Taska and the other attacking players of the national side.
9. Petras Zoltoks, 25 [CF]. The young New Cleethorpes Athletic striker has previously struggled to gain a place in the national team, but has managed to fend off the upcoming Xentolov and Yuri Alekna (who also plays in Quintessence of Dust).
11. Mart Kusnets, 22 [SS]. The talented striker has shown himself to be something of an enigma is the Empire charity cup, scoring in the first 3 games, including an incredible winner against Secristan. Qasarian Sparta have thus far managed to keep the striker in the wave of bids from other local clubs. The top scorer for the national team and looks set to beat Skormilonski's league record soon.
13. Vladimir Nolakk, 26 [LMF]. The hardworking Bradford United (DAN) midfielder has been marked as the future national captain and champion. He can play in most areas of midfield.

Subs:

10. Raivo Sacharias, 27 [LMF]. The Sparta midfielder has not been a regular at national level, but hopes to be able to make s strong impact off the bench.
12. Nikolai Baskovic, 37 [GK]. A long term, reliable keeper for Qasarian Sparta. His experience will be of great benefit to help Klug train. Whilst he knows he will probably never win a national cap, he is proud to be selected.
14. Kazys Xentolov, 19 [Fwd]. The feisty Metalurgs striker has had an amazing season for his club and looks very similar to Kusnets in style, but with even more energy.
15. Ulriks Hellat, 21 [Def]. The Sparta defender has become a great squad player and is hoping to succeed in the long term at the top club.
16. Alexis Birsa, 19 [SS/SMF]. The player was snapped up by Atlantas from Hawks on his 16th birthday for an incredible $11m, showing just how much potential Birsa has. Two years on, he has yet to hold down an international place; having lacked consistency in the league.
17. Jurgis Ģipslis, 28 [FB]. Previously; the only Vetra Karrakiv player in the squad, he has now moved to Radyukevich of Candelaria And Marquez. The player has become a major reserve player for the national team.
18. Povilas Drozdova, 29 [Wing]. A fast-paced player, he is seen as a crucial part of the winning Qasarian Sparta team, he has impressed as a substitute in previous national games, and is expected to continue.
19. Vytautas Törk, 24 [MF]. The player is a surprise choice, but his good work as a substitute in the Charity cup and two world cup campaigns have almost certainly won him the place in the squad. He currently plays for Qasarian Sparta and hopes to have a long term future there.
20. Jüri Pihl CB 20 [Qasarian Sparta] - Pihl is expected to work well with his club team mate Hellat at the back in the easier games, with the pair having played most of the cup matches together.
21. Oleksandr Pääbo Wing 24 [Dinamo Karrakiv] - Whilst not achieving the success of Taska, Pääbo is a tough player to mark and definately deserves a place in the national squad.
22. Toomas Uexküll, 24 [DMF]. A sturdy holding player for the redwings, he has played a large part in Ventspils recent successes. A successful Di Bradini Cup has helped him win a place in the world cup squad.
23. Klass Oim, 25 [GK]. The new keeper for Cafundese club Internacional. He looks to have a long an interesting career.

If my opponent RP's first they can:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out Yellow cards to my players: Yes (only up to 3 a match)
Hand out Red cards to my players: Yes (no more than 1)
Godmod Other Events: Ask first

Manager schedule: (match - manager, assistant manager)

Friendly 1-1 Golgothastan - Priit Vilba, Tarmo Mäe
Friendly 3-5 Macabees - Tarmo Mäe, Priit Vilba
CoH MD1 - Ross Gaynor (Arroza), Bubba Froalie (Taeshan)
CoH MD2 - Bubba Froalie (Taeshan), Benjamin Oliveira (Cafundeu)
CoH MD3 - Benjamin Oliveira (Cafundeu), Professor George Douglas (Dariusville)
CoH MD4/international friendly - Professor George Douglas (Dariusville), Ross Gaynor (Arroza)
??
Last edited by Somewhereistonia on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Silexhera
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Silexhera » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:34 am

Silexhera Squad for the CoH
Code: Select all
1  GK David Fallow        23 Negressi Forest
2  RB Smokey Black        22 Dynamo Kalinsk (Dancougar)
3  LB Carl Medic          33 City Academicals
4  DM Hogan Carbon        24 Sparta Silica
5  CB James Particle      30 Khalmar-Tijhus (Cafundeu) [captain]
6  CB James Forrester     27 Negressi Forest
7  RW Leung Li-Fai        23 Inter Pantera
8  DM Bamber Campbell     20 Silica City AFC
9  CF Gopher Sporaskid    25 Eastport United (Dancougar)
10 AM Kelly Sporadic      21 Atlético Insula (Cafundeu)
11 LW Bradini Jenneson    19 Inter Pantera
12 CF Kelvin Hayes        25 Spelunker Sporadia
13 GK Colm Fisher         40 Oca Mariners
14 CF Panther Doctor      23 Engenheiro Peres (Cafundeu)
15 LB Craig Iansisle      24 CC Cancri
16 CB Couser Granite      45 Sparta Silica [vice-captain]
17 RW Daniel Negressi     21 Negressi Forest
18 CB Niall Majoris       22 City Academicals
19 AM David Sporadic      18 Silica City
20 DM James Idiotsman     24 Grandborough FC (Dancougar)
21 LW Richard Underman    27 Athletic Sporadia
22 GK Belmore McAdam      26 Inter Pantera

4-4-2
    2      5       6      3

7       10       4       11   

9      14

NOTES

In the unlikely event that Silexhera score, Kelly Sporadic is likely to be involved somehow, either scoring the goal or setting it up for one of the strikers. The big centre-half James Particle frequently gets his big head onto corners too.

Set piece taker: Kelly Sporadic
Corner Kick takers: Medic (left), Li-Fai (right)

Image Image Image

In the event my opponent posts an RP first, they may:

Select my scorers — Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes
RP injuries to my players — Yes
Godmod injuries — If funny
Godmod scoring events — If funny
Godmod other events — If funny

Style Modifier 0

Swartaz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swartaz » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:52 am

Swartaz fotbollsförbundet
Swartaz wc47 squad
GK
1. Byron JANSUUR(Starter)
31. Vanger HANDORLINK(Sub)
40. Jamas GORGSEN (Res)
Defence Home
2. Filip UNGEN (Starter)
5. Jans LITREMMEN (Starter) CAPTAIN
4. Kristian ALVAR (Starter)
15. Rasmus BJÖRN (Starter)
27. Mikael HALSTEN (Sub)
87. Algot HILDERGARD (Sub)
43. Hugo LUKAS(res)
30. Henry OTTO (res)
Midfield
6. Andreas SVENSSON (Starter)
3. Benedikt JÖRAN (Starter)
10. Markus ASBJÖRN (Starter)
17. Niklas GÖSTA (Starter)
8. Alex FREJ (Sub)
25. Johan HASSE (Sub)
37. Adolf GUDMUND (Res)
75. Hugo Fanlesfunger (Res)
Strikers
7. Konstantin BRITA (Starter)
9. Joan VAEMULLEN (Starter)
20. Jorg Fitzgerald (Sub)
99. Sven Gandor-Handur (Res)

Kit
Home: Image
Away: Image
Third: Image

Select my scorers: Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Give out red cards to my players: realisticlly
RP injuries to my players: yes
Godmod injuries: no
Godmod scoring events: yes
Godmod other events: no

STYLE MODIFIER +2
Last edited by Swartaz on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
Winners of Cup of Harmony 46
Other Footballing acheivements: Second Round World Cup 58, Qualified for World Cup 55, 57, 58 and 61 finals.

Goteborg Invitational I (Rugby Union)

Swartaz NSwiki
19:54 Myt: I honestly don't see what is wrong with beastiality

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 am

Junis-Omeh'he'ny Ines rejistaniha tani lavamje
The New Orange-Blues of a reunited Rejistania

Coach: Elit Jeve

Goalkeepers:
Ha͜ek͜hi͜l Sa͜o, 23, Neneriva'ny Na͜ovi
Jenji Ikaru, 29, Kahite Veran
Lenis Y, 31, Karela Lines

Defenders:
Sehedemenele Karelates, 27, Sijitalatirikimidateme Salakiritana
Karela Taki͜l, 8, Najajara Kimi
Lyku Inkatil, 23, Sike Ynu
Nana I Tamak͜hi, 26, Neneriva'ny Na͜ovi

Ki Jen, 25, Sumumusumu Erid
Hana Taka, 26, Hetkali Hetaki
Yjen I Karela, 31, TAHAI!
Xuan Mesit, 30, Sikane Sekhika

Midfielders:
Keaianu Mikuvas, 22, TAHAI!
Hana Daki, 24, Hekuru Divensi
Ka͜onah Sekilajihnen, 27, Sokojiʼwa Dosi CK

Takanu Iuliana, 28, Hades Lavamji
Kalatilu I Teke 26, Kalisimu Salan
Sa͜o Kii, 21, Sikane Sekhika
Xhekinajha Itera, 26, Saeau Seli

Forwards:
Jenji Y, 25, Sen-La-Sa͜o Relekhati
Hamenil Y, 25, Sen-La-Sa͜o Relekhati
Ihiliu I Senexahakara, 24, Kemendi Se͜n 74'la

Jeneji Ma͜eji, 28, Ikedi Lasane Sekhika Mje'het
Ky Rui͜n, 24, Saeau Seli

Select my scorers
Give out yellow cards to my players
Give out red cards to my players
RP injuries to my players
Godmod injuries
Godmod scoring events
Do a lot of silly stuff — Yes

Remember: Fun is recommended, Pants are optional

BTW: if you cannot enter the helku below certain characters, you can use the tilde as replacement, ie: call Sa͜o Kii Sa~o Kii.

Since many people complained that the rather easy names were hard to pronounce, here some hints: The stress falls onto the second syllable. Letters don't change their pronunciation depending on their position in a word. Y is always pronounced like 'I', x like 'sh'. e͜n and i͜n are nasal e and i, a͜e sounds like the a in nation, a͜o like the 'ow' in 'now'.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2009

Postby Tyrrin » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:17 am

The Tyrrinian National Football Team
Tyrrin is a nation of great military tradition, and all of the team’s members serve in the armed forces for part of the year, as required by law for able-bodied citizens. This makes them highly disciplined and cohesive, even in the toughest of situations. Their coach, Gen. Graig Montcalve, is also a senior advisor to the Emperor, and knows his way around the game.

Style Modifier: +3

Kits (made by X-Spordiga in Somewhereistonia):
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t38/unreal229/th_tyrrin2.png
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t38/unreal229/th_tyrrin.png
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t38/unreal229/th_tyrrin3.png

Starters have their positions next to their names.

Goalkeepers
Angus Aulay GK
Club: Iclyrri Icebirds
7’2” 214
Aulay was the main reason that the Icebirds only allowed seven goals last season (all to Tyrrin). Not only is he outrageously tall, but he also understands the finer points of goalkeeping as well. He serves with the fourth Foot Division.

Ainsley Emir
Club: Mertag F.C.
6’5” 195
Emir is one of the foremost goalkeepers in Tyrrin, and he frequently makes acrobatic saves, which are followed by screams of joy in celebration. Some controversy remains as to why he is not starting for the national team, which may be because of a disagreement between his father and General Montcalve during their time in the army. He serves with the 8th Air Cavalry.

Defenders
Tjaard Fedde CD
Club: Tyrrin Royale
6’4” 180
Fedde is an incredibly smart defender. He is able to spot plays developing, and he puts himself in a perfect position to make a stop. He is a native of Foroch, and he serves with the 5th Armored Division.

Neil Colin CD
7’0” 228
Colin is another reason for the Icebird’s outstanding defense. His size makes him an imposing presence in the backfield. He will also move forward on corner kicks for an aerial advantage. He comes from the upper-class north district of Tyrrin, and his father was a general. He served with the 17th Ground Battery.

Yavuz Aonghas RD
Club: Oclia Mariners
6’3” 168
Aonghas is a strong player on the right, and he excels at shutting down crosses. His father was killed when Mount Oklo erupted when he was young. He serves in the 4th Transport Division.

Greg Erol LD
Club: Coranto F.C.
6’3” 166
As well as an excellent defender, Erol is very fast, and will commonly run up the sidelines to join an attack. His parents were farmers on the Lossarach Plains. He serves in the 12th Foot Division.

Marty Ruaridh
Club: Kowa Foresters
6’7” 192
Ruaridh is recovering from a combat wound in the jungles of Whowadda, but he is expected to make a full recovery by the time of the Baptism of Fire. He served in the 21st Air Cavalry.

Scott Pierrick
Club: Foroch Raiders
5’11” 162
Pierrick is the son of the famous actress Lea Pierrick, who died when he was a small child. He grew up in the moviemaking district of Coranto. Thus, the media heavily covers him, and his accomplishments on the field are generally overlooked. He serves in the 6th Ground Battery.

Midfielders
Alasdair Savas LCDM
6’5” 175
Savas organizes the midfield for Tyrrin, and has the calm demeanor of a Tyrrinian colonel, which he is in the 3rd Foot Division. It is his job to make sure they win the midfield battle.

Suleiman Donnchadh RCDM
Club: Racaw Sultan
6’2” 165
Donnchadh is an excellent defender, and will often be put on the other team’s best midfielder. He also has a lethal left foot from long range. Both Donnchadhs grew up in Racaw, where they played football in the dusty streets under the hot desert sun.

Allan Donnchadh CAM
Club: Mertag F.C.
5’10” 158
The second Donnchadh often links up with his brother to control the midfield while they play for the national team. Both the Donnchadhs serve with the 18th Foot Division.

Wayne Ata LWM
Club: Oclia Mariners
6’6” 172
Ata is a brilliant ball handler, which he demonstrates as he streaks down the sidelines. At 35, he is one of the most experienced Tyrrinian players. He earned a medal of valor with the 13th Air Cavalry for bravery in combat in Terthia.

Alan Fionnlagh RWM
6’3” 170
Fionnlagh is responsible for setting up Willem on Royale, so he is expected to do the same on the national team. He communicates excellently with Tyrrin’s star striker. He served with the 11th Transport Division.

Greg Elias
Club: Coranto F.C.
5’9” 152
Elias is usually brought on late in games because of his speed and versatility in the midfield. He is also a superb penalty taker. He serves with the 2nd Foot Division.

Ludwig Yasen
Club: Foroch Raiders
6’9” 202
Yasen was a late addition to the team, and he comes from the harsh north of Iclyrri. He is a rising star for the Raiders, and led them in scoring last season. He serves with the 8th Armored Division.

Strikers
Michael Willem S (Captain)
6’5” 191
Willem broke every record in the books over his remarkably short career, averaging nearly five goals per game. His amazing ball handling skills are matched only by his finishing ability, with his feet or his head. He has a knack for avoiding defenders, even when they are deliberately trying to foul him, and he has never been seriously injured. After carrying Tyrrin to an undefeated season last year at only age 22, he looks to do the same against tougher competition on the international level. He serves with the 20th Air Cavalry.

Hank Marcellus
Club: Racaw Sultan
6’4” 195
Marcellus is a veteran player, and at 53 years old, is one of the oldest players in the tournament. An army workout regimen keeps him fit to continue playing. He is the commander of the 9th Armored Division.

Bernard Brecht
6’1” 164
Brecht is another young talent, and he led his team in goals. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean much, because the Icebirds only ever play defense. He serves in the 15th Transport Division.

-------------------Willem
---------------A. Donnchadh
Ata--------------------------------Fionnlagh
---------Savas----------S. Donnchadh
Erol-------Colin---------Fedde-------Aonghas
--------------------Aulay

If my opponent RP’s first, they can:

Choose my goal scorers: Yes, but make Willem score most of my goals.
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Hand out Yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out Red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes please as much as possible.

Quakmybush
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quakmybush » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:10 am

I will be playing in this as well. roster should be up later.
Quakmybush
Qualified for World Cups 29-33, 35-41, Second Round in 32,33,39.
Champions of World Cup of Hockey 1, and 3
Hosted World Cup 33, World Cup of Hockey 2, and Women's World Cup 5

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:03 am

Here they are, back from a horrible gut wrenching season, the New and Improved(not to cliche) Purple Knights of Taeshan.

Team Manager-Zeke
Team Ass. Manager-Matt Wolong
Main Jersey(since no home games)/Home Jersey
Alternate(again)/Away Jersey

The Knights Roster
No. Position Player
1 GK Wanner Padawan
2 CD Laila Titoroni
7 LD Adam Fortune
10 RD José Hüron
11 LM Horatio Saguchi
14 CM Zeke Jr.
17 DE Miquel Æto
18 RM Brian Ying Uing (captain)
19 RS Hele
21 MR Tyler Kenroe
No. Position Player
24 ST Elanor Kelly
27 RS A.F. Falcon
35 ST Damian Aslott
49 MI Ariel
62 GK Adam Flight
70 DE Jayson ßtrong
77 LS Alex Tyrony
80 MI Zack Phish
88 ML Manny Warren
99 LS Doug Newier

The Formation
--Padawan--
--Fortune--Titoroni--Hüron--
--Saguchi--Zeke Jr.--Brian Ying Uing--
--Newier--Tyrony--Hele--Falcon--

And yes technically if you are looking from goalie that is backward, but in Taeshan they go by the other team looking at them.

Fans-Purple and Gold Clad, very unrowdy, wear very little besides t-shirts anywhere else, remember in Taeshan it is very, very cold.

The Modifier

The Enemy
Newmanistan

The Scorer
Brian Ying Uing

The Hatred
Towards the Rockets

The Love
of the Purple, Gold and the Green.
Last edited by Taeshan on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 am

Nation: The Svefn-g-englar of Golgothastan (GOL)
Demonym: Golgothastani
Team nickname: “Ný batterí” (“new batteries”; it was more sensible than some of the proposed alternatives)
Home stadium: Veröld ný óg óð (“Brave new world”). It is built in the distinctive architectural style of Golgothastan, that is, it's a crumbling fire-hazard. The fans have set up a pretty decent turnip vodka still in the Góðan daginn stand.
Home kit: Black
Away kit: Also black
Third kit: Black (actually it's white, but it got very, very dirty)
National anthem: The Pop Song. The 12-minute long anthem will be played before and after matches, and during home games referees sometimes stop the match to play it again. Golgothastanis get very emotional during it, and react extremely badly to any perceived disrespect.

Coach: Jack Barryson

Goalkeepers
1. Guðmundur Stefanson (28; textile factory worker)
12. Gunnar Geirsson (23; insurance salesman)
21. Reynir Alexandersson (30; insurance salesman)

Defenders
2. Þorvaldur Hallgrímsson (27; tractor parts store detective)
4. Hrafn Víðisson (22; independent trader)
5. Arnþór Finnsson (26; improv actor)
6. Gunnlaugur Þór Árnson (25; construction worker)

14. Þorgeir Sturlason (24; forklift truck driver)
17. Eyjólfur Jóhansson (28; good cop)
18. Haraldur Arnórsson (28; bad cop)
20. Guðberg Þorvaldsson (27; design tech teacher)
25. Jón Valgeir Eymundsson (25; jeweller)
26. Pétur Rúnar Fríðfinnsson (24; coal miner)

Midfielders
3. Birgir Friðbjörnsson (30; doctor) - captain
8. Finnbogi Grétarsson (27; jeweller)

9. Agust Elfarsson (38; secretary)
11. Ásgeir Ríkharðsson (22; tractor engineer)
13. Hjálmur Steingrímsson (30; greeting card message composer)
15. Òmar Ingvason (26; tractor engineer)
16. Helgi Juliuson (30; tractor operator)
23. Jakob Einar Rúnolfsson (31; loan collector)
24. Stigur Guðbjartsson (21; professional footballer [Cafundeu]) - penalties

Forwards
7. Þorður Sigurgeirsson (23; nurse) - free-kicks, corners
10. Eðvarð Egilsson (31; plastics molder)
19. Atli Vigfússon (26; dividend clerk)
22. Gísli Logason (27; procurement administrator)
27. Sævar Hákonsson (18; professional footballer [Quintessence of Dust])

Style modifier: 0

Playing style: The best players are Stigur (attacking midfielder), Þorvaldur (left wingback) and Þorður (second striker). The team plays in a fairly standard 4-4-2 (or, if you wanna be smart, 4-1-4-1-1) formation. They have an absolutely unshakeable faith in the "triangle ball tactic": this involves Stigur hitting a through ball into the penalty box. When it works well they will score, when not don't expect much invention.

If you RP first, you can... pick my scorers, give out cards, injure players, godmode stuff, etc. I don't usually do match report RPs for Golgothastan, so it's actually better if you do this. On reflection, this needs more emphasis. I will not be writing match reports, and my RPs will pursue a single story line. As such, you have absolute and complete RP freedom on the football field.

But please note: Golgothastan has recently been renamed after Sigur Rós songs by executive fiat, and as such all players now have Icelandic names. These names are patronymic (or, in a few cases, matronymic) and players should be referred to by their first (or full) name, not their surname. If Hrafn Jóhansson gets a yellow card, then “Hrafn” would be booked, not “Jóhansson”.

General RP theme: The Golgothastanis are not bad people, but with the exceptions of Birgir, Þorvaldur and Stigur are persisently criminal. They will steal, burn or smoke everything that's not nailed down (and if it is, sell the nails for scrap). The worst offenders in this regard are Ásgeir, Hrafn and Haraldur. Most of them (particularly Þorður and Guðberg) have what in other countries would be termed a drinking problem. Hjálmur is a "gentle giant" who suffers extreme brain damage. Only two of them are signed to professional clubs, both abroad.

Background: Golgothastan made the QFs of the BoF last cup, and failed to get out of the qualifying rounds of the World Cup or Cup of Harmony. They stole the Baptism of Fire trophy from the Somewhereistonians and have not yet returned it; OOCly, giving it back is in fact the sole reason they have been entered again.
Last edited by Golgothastan on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:13 am

Cassadaigua’s Cup of Harmony 39 Roster!

It's the same as the World Cup roster. Despite disappointment about not qualifying, the team feels no shame about it.

Style Modifier: +2

Select my scorers — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes, no more then one per game.
RP injuries to my players — No
Godmod injuries — No
Godmod scoring events — Yes
Godmod other events — Yes, feel free to have fun just don’t kill anybody.

Our Kits: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=8 (Thanks, JMC!)

Starters in Green
Subs in Blue
Reserves in Red

*- Denotes a player signed to an international contract. By position, starters are lined up from left to right in the order in which they are listed.

Coach: Michelle Baynes, Age: 52. The only coach so far on any of our soccer teams (except DBC 10).

Goalies:
#1- Kristen Stockton*, Age: 32- Started DBC7 and WC46. Sub in WC44 & 45.
#21- Brittany Paxson*, Age: 25- Started DBC9, Reserve EC46.
#31- Allison Salamida, Age: 21- Started DBC 10.

Defenders:
#4- Courtney Poole*, Age: 32- Started DBC 7, WC 44-46, COH36.
#6- Michelle Garrett*, Age: 31- Started DBC 7, WC46, Sub WC45.
#3- Kiersten Reschke*, Age: 23- Started DBC 9 & 10 (Captain in 10). Sub in WC46.
#2- Ericka Giordano, Age: 18- Started DBC 10.

#7- Katie McDermott, Age: 27- Started WC 45, Sub WC46.
#8- Paige MacAdam, Age: 29- Reserve DBC7, WC 45 & 46.

#5- Erin Loucks, Age: 20- Started DBC 10.

Midfield:
#15- Meghan Burns*, Age: 33- Started DBC7, WC 44-46, COH36. 2nd time as TEAM CAPTAIN!
#12- Jennifer Lowry*, Age: 33- Started DBC7, WC 45 & 46; Reserve WC44 & COH36.
#9- Ashley Nolan*, Age: 31- Started DBC7, WC46. Sub WC45.
#18- Katie Cincoski*, Age: 26- Started DBC 9 (Captain of team) and WC46.

#13- Meaghan Bateman*, Age: 18- Started DBC 10.
#24- MacKenzie Skinner, Age: 20- Started DBC 10.

#46- Matthew Webb, Age 34- Reserve WC46. Yes, he returns.
#25- Valerie McCann, Age: 17- Sub DBC 10.

Forwards:
#10- Erika Daniels*, Age: 30- Starter DBC7, WC46. Sub WC 44 & 45, and COH36.
#14- Stacie Kerrigan-Fraser*, Starter DBC7, WC45 &46. Sub WC 44 and COH 36. Married to Secristan’s Eric Fraser.

#19- Kristen Spencer, Age: 33- Sub WC46. Reserve DBC 7 & WC 45.
#17- Jessica Schanke*, Age: 22, Starter DBC 9 & 10, sub WC 46.

#16- Hannah Barton*, Age: 22, Sub DBC9, Starter DBC 10.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:02 pm

THE VALLADAR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

OFFICIAL ROSTER FOR THE CUP OF HARMONY 39

Style: +3
Formation: 4-4-2
Head Coach: John Clark

Starting Line
1. Luis Fuentes, GK, 27 - Metropolis Alligators
2. Yoan Lannoy, DRC, 29 - Eterna Stars
3. George Chenney, DRC, 30 - Tannenberg FC
4. Jerôme Perrin, DC, 26 - AS Bezieres
5. Ryan Jones, DL, 31 - Slateport Bulls
6. Armando Rivas, MR, 25 - Metropolis Alligators
7. Charles Dickens, MC, 24 - Chiquito FC
8. Luis da Lima, MLC, 31 - AS Bezieres
9. Paulo Oliveira, SRC, 28 - Marinos Metropolis
10. Hugo Ruiz, SLC, 29 - Tannenberg FC
11. Jefferson Ospina, SLC, 25 - Metropolis Alligators

Bench Line
12. Fabian Sánchez, GK, 27 - Marinos Metropolis
13. Tom Moore, GK, 24 - AS Bezieres
14. Ruben Calheira, DR, 26 - Eterna Stars
15. Josue Montaña, DC, 32 - Marinos Metropolis
16. Alain Dufraz, DLC, 24 - Metropolis Alligators
17. Pablo Cifuentes, DL, 29 - Chiquito FC
18. Gilbert Le Tallec, MR, 30 - Fontvielle Impact
19. Tommy Taylor, MC, 25 - Tannenberg FC
20. Ronald Moulin, MLC, 27 - Eterna Stars
21. Miguel Florez, SRC, 22 - Slateport Bulls
22. Andrés Pérez, SC, 26 - Tannenberg FC

RP PERMISSIONS:
In the event my opponent RPs first, they may...
Select my scorers: YES
Give out yellow cards to my players: YES
Give out red cards to my players: YES
RP injuries to my players: NO WITHOUT PERMISSION
Godmod injuries: NO
Godmod scoring events: YES
Godmod other events: YES

KITS: (Provided by X-Spordiga)

Home Kit

Away Kit

Third Kit

THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Albundania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albundania » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:03 pm

I will join. Roster will go up later tonight.
Soccer:
World Cup:
Qualified: 52-55
Ro16: 54
QF: 55
Finalists: 53

Isselmere
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Isselmere » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Isselmere-Nieland Football Association

Kit
First: Red shirt with yellow side panels, blue shorts and socks
Second: Blue shirt, yellow shorts and socks
Third: White shirt with red side panels, red shorts and socks

Style: -2
Tending towards a fair yet physical style of play, technically not always the best but with clinical passing, mostly defensive but with some offensive skill.

Manager and coaches
James Potherington - Manager - 48
Henrik Gunnarsson - Assistant Manager - 52
Albert Stewart - Goalkeeping coach - 45
Tryggvi Malmkvist - Defence coach - 43
Mark Leifsson - Midfield coach - 38
Angus mab Lloic - Striker coach - 37

Starting line-up
1 - Adalbjart Felsingborin - GK - 6' 4" - 28
2 - Egil Thorvaldsson - LB - 5' 11" - 26 - left-footed
3 - Kevin Huang - RB - 6' - 28
4 - Angus mab Costin - CB - 6' 2" - 27 (captain)
12 - Colum mab Wercus - CB - 6' 4" - 27
6 - Keith Bogue - RM - 6' 2" - 24
7 - Gunnar Arnásson - LM - 6' 2" - 23 - left-footed
8 - Magnus Björnssund - CM (attacking) - 6' - 26
9 - Mark Dunston - CM (defending) - 6' 1" - 25
10 - Owen Claesburgh - ST - 6' 3" - 26
11 - Robert Cohen - ST - 5' 11" - 23 - left-footed

Substitutes
5 - Sylvester Morrison - CB - 6' 1" - 25
13 - Brian Stewart - LB - 6' 1" - 25 - left-footed
16 - Daniel Norton - CM - 6' 2" - 24
17 - Peter Watson - LM - 6' 2" - 22 - left-footed
20 - Neton mab Druist - ST - 6' 3" - left-footed
21 - Nicholas Wexburgh - ST - 6' 1"
22 - Clive Greveley - GK - 6' 2" - 26

Reserves
14 - Karl Örtssund - RB - 6' 1" - 21
15 - Lewis Henthorpe - CM - 5' 11" - 29
18 - Henry Wainwright - CB - 6' 2" - 23
19 - Neil Fremont - RM - 5' 10" - 26
23 - Lewis Houghton - GK - 6' 3" - 29
24 - Harvey Ashton - ST - 5' 9" - 22
25 - Matthew Jarrow - CF/CM (attacking) - 6' 2" - 27

Conditions
Select my scorers - yes
Give out yellow cards to my players - yes
Give out red cards to my players - within reason, yes
RP injuries to my players - again, within reason, yes
Godmod injuries - as above, yes
Godmod scoring events - so long as it's amusing, yes
Godmod other events - if it's somewhat realistic (food poisoning, being kept awake by odd occurrences, etc.), yes
Population: 13 billion and counting ... (18/10/09)

Uiri
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Uiri » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Select my scorers: N
Give out yellow cards to my players: Y
Give out red cards to my players: N
RP injuries to my players: Y (nothing which would take him out of any games)
Godmod injuries: N
Godmod scoring events: N
Godmod other events: N

Style Modifier: +2
Formation: 3-4-3

Goalkeepers

Henrique Arpes
Ernesto Seroas

Defensemen

Pedro Elep (CB)
Ricardo Ontip (CB)
Fernando Vesen (CB)
Eduardo Moseg (CB)
Zelito Ragui (CB)

Midfielders

Janicio Nartim (WB)
Marco Seroas (CM)
Mateus Solep (CM)
Emerson Ucira (WB)
Fernando Lavera (CM)
Manuel Selva (WB)
Cecilio Pelos (WB)

Strikers

Gilberto Seir (Winger)
Barbosa Zul (CF)
Vitor Danra (Winger)
José Sotan (CF)
Guy Somar (Winger)
SH*T HAPPENS
<Franberry> a WA condemnation is more useless than an irl UN sanction

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:43 pm

How do you know you're going to have a great Cup of Harmony? When 32 people sign up this quickly.

1) Newmanistan
2) Somewhereistonia
3) Uiri
4) Swilatia
5) Secristan
6) Toyur
7) Valladares
8) Rejistania
9) Cassadaigua
10) Quintessence of Dust
11) Golgothastan
12) Sargossa
13) Silexhera
14) Taeshan
15) Iansisle
16) Tyrrin
17) Steroga
18) Valipac
19) Swartaz
20) Bettia
21) Northern Bettia
22) Sitspot
23) The Babbage Islands
24) Euro-Trash
25) Isselmere
26) Akbarabad
27) Gordon Bay City
28) Quakmybush
29) Albundania
30) Panuul
31) Landau Institute
32) West Zirconia

A change on the expected cutoff times. Expect them around 9-10 PM Eastern US time. This is done to better coordinate such times with Dancougar.
Matchday one will be moved up to THURSDAY JULY 23RD. The group draw will be TUESDAY JULY 21ST (in the AM).
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Secristan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Secristan is not like most countries that have such a unprofitable manner of choosing a national team based on merit. Instead, the Secristan Department of Sports (SDOS) holds an auction and the players must bid their way onto the team. To ensure players of decent ability, in order for bids to be valid, they must be between the ages of 18 and 38 and have at least one year of professional soccer playing experience. In the World Cup, though, since many of our players have gone on to play internationally, the trend has been for our rosters to be similar because the best players have become the richest players. Make no mistake, everyone still must bid their way into their spots.

Players that play internationally have been noted. Secristani players are always seeking international offers, because they can then get compensated. In order to play for teams in Secristan they must PAY to be on the team. Due to this, transfer fees never apply, and you can sign the player straight up.

Starting Lineup:
GK: Brian Carver (Newmanistan), #1, 30- Second tour of duty as the starter, and someone whose profile is generally increasing nicely.
LB: Shawn Young (Cafundeu), #3, 27- Impressed in his first starting job enough to get an overseas contract from Internacional de Penderia in Cafundeu.
LCB: Shawn Wooliver (Dancougar), #6, 31- Gritty player, aggressive but not crazy about it. Third starting appearance.
RCB: Trevor Orton (Cafundeu), #5, 31- Not a tom of international experience despite age, he did start here last time out.
RB: Eric Fraser (Newmanistan), #2, 28- TEAM CAPTAIN. Also was the captain of the Di Bradini 7 winners. Extremely aggressive tackler. Married to Stacie Kerrigan of Cassadaigua.
LM: Matthew Marino (Cafundeu), #14 , 30- Speedy midfielder has been a reserve since a strong showing in the 7th Di Bradini Cup team. He’s in a good spot to prove himself more here, he wants an international offer!
CAM: Simeone Bradley, #10, 18- Named after Starblaydia’s Simeone Di Bradini. He played in that most recent Cup.
CDM: Chris Coventry (Candelaria And Marquez), #19, 28- Excellent two way player. Plays with a lot of heart.
RM: Dre Snooper, #8, 19- Wannabe 90’s style rapper. Don’t mess with him, biotch. Made a ton of money off a rap record and a lawsuit and now outbid everyone for this spot. Sub in Di Bradini 10.
LS: Michael Cardona (Newmanistan), #9, 27- Dubbed the “next Rogan”, doing a good job so far inheriting the responsibility of being our scoring leader.
RS: Kevin Tucker (Cafundeu), #16, 28- Gets better every year.

Substitutes:
GK: Lucas Newmark, #20, 28- Was a reserve in Di Bradini 7 and 8 and again during world Cup 46 qualifying. Moves up a notch.
CB: Keith Cassell, #26, 30- Has appeared on our last three World Cup rosters, but has never actually started.
CB: Socki Lucas, #4, 19- Born in Secristan though his parents are Taeshani. As a kid he was expected to do absolutely everything for his youth team but choked in big games.
MID: Michelle Wilson, #7, 22- Born in Dancougar; fired from internship with Dancougar News and relocated to Secristan and recently became a citizen. Appeared in the Di Bradini Cup and did well. Makes her World Cup debut.
MID: Brett Preston, #17, 20- Agitator. Idolizes Newmanistan’s Brett Prescott.
ST: Kevin Polinski, #22, 21- Started in the last two Di Bradini Cups and was a reserve on the senior team last time. He has a very accurate shot but sometimes has trouble getting in position to let it go.
ST: Kyle Anderson, #11, 19- Father works for the Secristan Department of Sports.

Reserves:
GK: Garrett Holt, #21, 21- Starting keeper on the Di Bradini 10 team.
CB: Donald Donalds, #18, 19- Parents placed his bid and in return their son promised not to change his name as soon as he turned 18
CB: Rodney Byers, #15, 22- Moved to Secristan from Cassadaigua when he turned 18 to get away from that sexist culture.
MID: Jonas Tisdale #12 , 19- Horrible music taste. Promising young midfielder making debut.
MID: Tyler Benware, #25, 25- Appeared in Di Bradini 7 and 8.
ST: Robert Falsetta ,#13, 23- We have no idea who he is.

Coaches:
Head Coach: Ryan Fullerton (Cafundeu)
Assistant: Shawn Conboy

Other Important Infomation:

Style Modifier: +3 (The SDOS demands goals. Goals=ratings, regardless of the team that scores them).

Kit Picture: The SDOS finally caved in doing business with Tenderville4Sportswear who provided these wonderful kits for us:
Home/Away/Alternate
ImageImageImage

About our fans: Secristan fans do not chant. Instead, they shake a jar of coins repeatedly. The jars are amplified to maximize the sound of the coins inside. There will be large numbers of Secristani supporters at all games, because bear in mind we border the host nation.

RP Permissions:
Select my scorers — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes, but no more then one per game.
RP injuries to my players — Yes, but only say that they were hurt.
Godmod injuries — No
Godmod scoring events — Yes
Godmod other events — Yes, as long as it stays with the rich/arrogant theme of my team.
WINNER of the 1st International Basketball Championships, 7th Di Bradini Cup, & the 4th World Lacrosse Championships!
RUNNERUP in Baptism of Fire 30 and World Baseball Classic 10.
HOST of World Bowl 6, International Basketball Championships 6, and Baptism of Iron 6. (Hosting a 6th version of something? Call us.) Also, World Baseball Classic 12 and World Lacrosse Championships 3.
Qualified for World Cups 49-52.

All arrogant, stuck-up, conceded or whatever comments I make in roleplay are always in-character and should not be interpreted as also being the out-of-character attitude of the person controlling the nation. My nation is my attempt to mock people I have to deal with often at work.

Panuul
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Panuul » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Panuul has opted to send the same team to the Cup of Harmony that participated in World Cup qualifying:

(numbers 1 through 11 are starters; standard formation 4-4-2; style is 0):

## POS  NAME                 AGE  CLUB
01 GK Rempidar Wilopteere 31 Port Healfat
02 DRLC Gicks Shuke 28 U of Cimnersog
03 DC Horst Vosgerau 33 Fortuna Cimnersog
04 DC Louis Kortner 28 Fortuna Cimnersog
05 DLC Brandon Edwards 30 Port Healfat
06 MR Hans-Georg Sander 32 Fortuna Cimnersog
07 MRC Irupe Clituleng 29 Cimnersog Town
08 MC Baspaalt Pevonsont 26 U of Cimnersog
09 FC Pembace Pitski 24 U of Cimnersog
10 FC Alexander Kraus 26 Fortuna Cimnersog
11 ML Paul Korte 23 Fortuna Cimnersog
12 GK Fyls Woshash 33 Cimnersog Town
13 MLC Jehoepe Scathock 30 Cimnersog Town
14 MC Manfred Karven 27 Fortuna Cimnersog
15 DRC Rudolf Schygulla 21 Fortuna Cimnersog
16 DC Celtuars Voreght 32 Cimnersog Town
17 MC Gaicass Rints 32 Cimnersog Town
18 FC Cinerne Gaicass 31 Cimnersog Town
19 MRLC Manfred Gert 22 Fortuna Cimnersog
20 DR Patrick Holmes 34 Healfat College
21 DL Landon Mills 34 U of Cimnersog
22 FC Denosone Gackbang 32 Cimnersog Town
23 GK Splebist Ostalir 34 Port Healfat

The team is managed by Fortuna Cimnersog boss Hans Konstantin (which likely explains the large Fortuna (and, indeed, overall non-Town) representation in the squad).

All of the players representing the University of Cimnersog and Healfat College have some sort of direct or indirect tie to the educational institution in question. Specifically:
  • Gicks Shuke has a younger brother, Pranasik, who attends UCimnersog.
  • Baspaalt Pevonsont is currently pursuing a Ph.D. there.
  • Pembace Pitski is an economics grad student at UC.
  • Patrick Holmes is a computer science professor at Healfat College.
  • Landon Mills has a 19-year-old niece, Jessica, who attends UC.

Most players on the squad speak both English and German to some extent, and the lingua franca of the squad is a sort of hybrid between the two developed by coach Konstantin during World Cup 47 qualifying. Despite the presence of several Vephrese names on the squad, no squad member is fluent in Vephra.

Valipac
Ambassador

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Valipac » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:44 pm

Formation:
3-4-3

Manager:
Terry Scott

Captains:
Captain - Leon King
Assistant Captain - Harry Burke
1st Alternate - Joe Alexander (becomes Assistant Captain if one of the above is missing)

Roster (starters italicized):
Keepers:
#NameAgeClub
1Harry Burke28Forsinthe United
2Callum Jenkins21Charlinch Lions

Defenders:
#NameAgeClub
3Charles Stone24Lagrina FC
26Aidan Wyatt26West Meon FC
33Joe Alexander32Forsinthe United
00Joshua Read21West Hardwick United
21Mohammad Baker30Blanefield Eagles

Midfielders:
#NameAgeClub
7Joe Kay31Torridon Eagles
5Alexander Marsden27Forsinthe United
13Leon King24Lagrina FC
12Adam Hyde22West Hardwick United
18Isaac Burton19Charlinch Lions
30Callum Bevan19Blanefield Eagles

Bevan replaces Taylor Haynes who was injured during the World Cup Qualifying (ruptured achilles tendon).
Strikers:
#NameAgeClub
11Nicholas Fitzgerald19Lagrina FC
10Zachary Watts22Forsinthe United
9Freddie Cross31Torridon Eagles
4Taylor Walton33Thornely FC
15Lawrence Hart20West Hardwick United

Starting XI

Kits:
1st kit
2nd Kit
3rd Kit/Goalkeeper

Home Stadium:
National Stadium in Lagrina

Style Modifier:
+2

Select my scorers: Yes, definitely.
Give out yellow cards to my players: Yes, but please be realistic.
Give out red cards to my players: Yes, but not in excess.
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but nothing serious without my permission.
Godmod injuries: No
Godmod scoring events: If it is their goal, then yes. If it was my goal, then no.
Godmod other events: Possibly, please consult me first.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009

Postby Sargossa » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:04 am

Cup of Harmony 39

Fresh from what was undoubtedly a fantastic qualification campaign, in which the Corsairs missed out on the World Cup proper by just two lousy points, Sargossa arrives in Newmanistan perhaps a tad sulky (two lousy points) but also feeling just a little smug thanks to the updated world rankings. After a miserable Baptism of Fire tournament the Corsairs were floundering in 139th. Now we sit serenely in 58th and of those participants in what was a big ‘ole BoF only Isselmere-Nieland (53rd) are ranked higher. Nyaah!

Given their successes the core of Kietecs’ side remains largely unchanged although a defence that leaked 9 goals in three post-qualifier friendlies may be tinkered with . . .

The Sargossa Corsairs

Kit
Thank you ediraf

ImageImageImage

Coach

Rob Kietecs (Nethertopia)
Vastly experienced former Nethertopia national boss who was parachuted into the hot seat after predecessor Christian Salazar was fired, possibly out of a cannon, after the BoF. Mastermind behind the Corsairs’ superb qualification campaign. Something of a leg-end back in his homeland and fast becoming the same in our own little Rushmori archipelago.

Assistant Coach

Ricardo Carril
Former El Nacional player who assisted Kietecs during his three year spell at the Independiente before following his boss into the national team setup.

Starting Eleven
(Formation 5-3-2/3-5-2 depending on possession. Style Modifier = +1. Players listed from right to left)

GK: 1. Martin Tejera (21) – Ciudad Soluca (22 Caps)
A whirlwind few years for the young keeper has seen him come through the ranks at Incan side Estrella to become his nation’s first choice keeper and earn a move to SuperLiga giants Ciudad.

RWB: 2. Marcos Díaz García (20) – Ciudad Soluca (24 Caps)
A hugely talented and versatile defender who can be deployed on either flank. One of only two players to have featured in every international so far.
RCB: 12. Carlos Candela (20) – Sporting Kildare (Dancougar) (18 Caps / 1 Goal)
A highly promising centreback whose talents where spotted by scouts from Dancougar at the Di Bradini Cup. Since his move to Kildare he’s been a regular under Kietecs. Scored on his international debut against Bazalonia.
CB: 5. Néstor González (25) – el Din Marbles (Canderlaria And Marquez) (21 Caps / 1 Goal) - Captain
Regarded as one of the best defenders to have come out of the archipelago for many a long year. The first Sargossan to make the move to the CMSC. But has looked a little shaky of late after the Marbles endured a terrible start, followed by a terrible continuation, to the season.
LCB: 6. Manuel Panadero (22) – Dover City Mountaineers (Newmanistan) (0 Caps)
A rare new addition to the squad. Panadero was another who made their name at the Di Bradini and earned a move abroad. Brought in to try and steady a backline that shipped 6 in their last game. Should feel right at home in Newmanistan. It being his home and all . . .
LWB: 3. Javier Trigo (19) – Olympia (Newmanistan) (7 Caps)
A much used substitute so far in his young international career and another based in the host nation. Not the most adventurous of the squad’s wide players but more defensively minded than the competition.

MC: 7. Marcos García Fernández (22) – Sporting Kildare (Dancougar) (24 Caps / 3 Goals)
A young playmaker who stood out in a poor Jaguarés side in the SuperLiga. Since his move to Dancougar the little midfield maestro has arguably matured into the nation’s finest player. With a range of passing that can unlock any defence and an eye for goal, including a memorable effort against the much vaunted Starblaydis, García Fernández is the man that makes the whole side tick.
DMC: 4. Francisco Lillo (21) – Dynamo Kalinsk (Dancougar) (9 Caps)
Yet another to benefit from playing domestic football in the home of the reigning world champions. The midfield battler hasn’t yet been able to nail down a regular first team berth but an injury to Rafael Balbo gives Lillo the chance to make the position his own.
AMRLC: 17. Marcelo Cobían (24) – Deportivo Soluca (11 Caps / 2 Goals)
A box of tricks midfielder who, on his day, can prove to be a real match winner. Primarily used as an impact sub so far in his international career, he now gets the chance to show what he can do as a starter.

SC: 9. Ernesto Fariás (26) – Ciudad Soluca (22 Caps / 12 Goals)
A frequent top scorer domestically who made the leap from terrorising SuperLiga defences to taking on international defences with relative ease. Although some critics argue that Fariás can sometimes disappear in the biggest matches he still remains the Corsairs’ most potent goal threat.
SC: 21. Rubén Gala (19) – Grandborough FC (Dancougar) (10 Caps / 5 Goals)
Further proof that the scouts, if not the interns, in Dancougar know what they’re doing. D-League side Grandborough were happy to splash the cash on Sargossa’s top scorer at the Di Bradini despite his tender years and lack of experience and both they and the international side are reaping the rewards.

Reserves
GK: 13. Samuel Rosa (28) – Petro Mercada (1 Cap)
DLC: 14. Álvaro Royo (28) – Ciudad Soluca (8 Caps)
DRC: 15. Raúl De la Vega (29) – El Nacional (5 Caps)
DRC: 18. Jorge Alberto Carmona (20) – King’s Eleven Yuki City (Dancougar) (0 Caps)
D/DML: 22. António Olivera (26) – Sporting San Marquez (0 Caps)
DMC: 16. Mario Quiñónez (33) – El Nacional (5 Caps)
MLC: 11. Francisco Cuesta (21) – NAPPC (Nethertopia) (0 Caps)
MC: 8. Julián Reyes (29) – Sporting San Marquez (3 Caps)
AMR: 23. José María Méndez (25) – Sporting San Marquez (0 Caps)
AM/FC: 10. Francisco Patiño (32) – Ciudad Soluca (5 Caps / 1 Goal)
SC: 19. Daniel González Rodríguez (20) – NAPPC (Nethertopia) (0 Caps)
SC: 20. Juan Segura (27) – Valengren Kickers (Queer Poco el Mono Ara) (6 Caps / 2 Goals)

Permissions
Choose my goalscorers Yes
Godmod Scoring Events Yes
RP injuries to my players Yes (but within reason)
Godmod injuries to my players No
Hand out Yellow cards to my players Yes
Hand out Red cards to my players Yes
Godmod Other Events Yes: Just no killings or maimings
Last edited by Sargossa on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Toyur
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toyur » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 am

Toyur Football Federation
Toyurska Fotbollförbundet

Cup of Harmony 39 Roster and Media Guide

Team Nickname - Bears

Kits:
Home:Image
Away:Image

Manager - Erik Larsson - In his second year as the national team manager, Larsson has brought the Bears from the depths of the world rankings to a high enough level to be considered for international tournaments. He is a defensive manager, preferring a counter-attacking strategy to a more offensive minded approach, explaining many of the Bears' 1-0 victories in international friendlies and minor tournaments approaching the international tournament season. He also preaches a team game mindset - no one player is above the others in importance, and no spot is guaranteed if play starts to falter. A young team, they can only improve with experience, and are a speedy counter attack team that can quickly hit for a goal or two against the run of play. This style has brought Toyur to the quarter-finals of the Baptism of Fire, and they were in until the end for World Cup qualification. Hopefully a successful Cup of Harmony will put the team on a fast track to world respectibility.

Style Modifier : -2, 4-4-2

Roster

1. Anders Eriksson, GK, 24 - IK Kristiansberg
2. Mikael Lilja, LB, 22 - Mayo Valley (Candelaria and Marquez)
3. Oskar Källström, CB, 27 - IK Stillhet
4. Markus Norström, CB, 26 - IK Kristiansberg
5. Paul Olafsson, RB, 24 - Heligljus FK
6. Peter Modin, RM, 25 - FK Vänstsida
7. Mattias Sjodin, DCM, 29 - IK Stillhet
8. Justin Tillström, ACM, 26 - Mayo Valley (Candelaria and Marquez)
9. Kristian Olsen, LM, 23 - FK Perholm
10. Magnus Gustavsson, F, 25 - FK Vänstsida
11. Viktor Eklund, F, 22 - Heligljus FK

Substitutes/Reserves

12. Johann Olberg, GK, 21 - Tuleä
13. Markus Elm, GK, 24 - IK Stillhet
14. Gustav Johansson, D, 20 - Mayo Valley (Candelaria and Marquez)
15. Andreas Magnusson, D, 26 - Heligljus FK
16. Erik Lidström, D, 22 - IK Kristiansberg
17. Mats Thorsson, M, 19 - IK Valhalla
18. Jakub Samuelsson, M, 22 - IK Isskog
19. Gustav Jakubsson, M, 24 - Heligljus FK
20. Mattias Larsson, M, 23 - Vitpalats FK
21. Kristofer Svensson, F, 22 - FK Mörkstadt
22. Fredrik Djuresson, F, 28 - Tuleä

RP PERMISSIONS:
Give out red cards to my players: NO
RP injuries to my players: Not without permission
Godmod scoring events: NO
Godmod other events: NO
Last edited by Toyur on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euro-Trash
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Euro-Trash » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:22 pm

The Mohawks Will Sign Up!

Give out red cards to my players: YES
RP injuries to my players: NO
Godmod scoring events: YES
Godmod other events: YES

Style Modifyer: +1

Offense
Sammie, Skyler 8 Right Forward
Jewell, Farley 55 Center Forward
Will, Truman 74 Left Forward
Rodolph, Birmingham 58 Backup Right Forward
Otto, Deyreck 11 Backup Center Forward
Eric, Zander 68 Backup Left Forward
Midfield
Jay, Royale 39 Right Midfielder
Howie, Leori 10 Right-Center Midfielder
Leyton, Presley 12 Left-Center Midfielder
Dominick, Gib 78 Left Midfielder
Red, Denzel 82 Backup Right Midfielder
Philbert, Russel 33 Backup Left-Center Midfielder
Fenton, Preston 88 Backup Right-Center Midfielder
Wynton, Flinn 63 Backup Left Midfielder
Defense
Zeke, Philander 72 Right Defender
Tucker, Kristopher 49 Center Defender
Dashiell, Ezekiel 17 Left Defender
Rudyand, Tucker 31 Backup Right Defender
Wesley, Amos 41 Backup Center Defender
Emmerson, Heath 60 Backup Left Defender
Goalkeeper
Johnathan, Myron 0 Goalkeeper
Deshauwn, Claude 0 Backup Goalkeeper
Last edited by Euro-Trash on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quotes of Hilarity

Buffett and Colbert wrote:You beat a moron. Amazing.

Would you like a medal?

Jalanat wrote:
Greater Rhodes wrote:French...the French are awesome.

What? ROLFLOL!

Akbarabad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Akbarabad » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:28 am

Akbarabad's roster will be the same as for the World Cup, with only the style modifier being changed to +2.

Landau Institute
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Landau Institute » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 pm

INSTITUTE MEDICAL COMMITEE MAINTAINS LIST OF PLAYERS FOR CUP OF HARMONY

Style is -1
TLC is LID

Kits (small version - bigger version with sponsors at the bottom):
Image Image Image

(IMPORTANT: it is preferable to use the names in BOLD of my players when writing your RPs [if they are involved], as these are the names that they use when playing [the names in their shirts], instead of using their full name. Now to the most important: please do not write the names of my players in all capitals, this is important for me too. When writing a name of one of my players in your RP, write like you would write a name for any other player)

The List:

Goalkeepers:

1- Doctor Germano MALDONADO (Team: Cardiologists)
Occupation: member of Cardiology department - common patients’ area
Bio: Maldonado has just become the goalkeeper of the Cardiologists team, and impressed the whole Institute with his excellent performances. As the team is composed by the top performers of the league, Maldonado won this place, even without having much experience. His long hair is his signature mark. He jumps on practically every ball to make a save, loving to impress everyone watching him.

12- Professor Tobias BROWN (Team: Neurologists)
Occupation: permanent member of Neurology Institute department; teacher in the Institute University; member of teaching council in the University
Bio: the most famous goalkeeper of the country, Brown is one of the leaders of the Neurologists team and of the Institute department of Neurology. So, his importance is inside and outside the football field, being one of the most respected doctors of the place. Due to his advanced age, Brown is likely to not start the games, but he is surely the most talented keeper, and the attackers can’t underrate him.

22- Doctor Heraldo ARAGÃO (Team: Orthopaedists)
Occupation: member of the Orthopaedic department – stable patients’ area
Bio: the Orthopaedists have a team that is rising on the Laifódi league, conquering some important results, and the arrival of doctor Aragão is one of the things that helped them to win many games. Aragão is a concentrated and efficient goalkeeper, and also a talented doctor, who likes to talk with his patients.

Full-backs:

2- Professor Matias ROCHER (Team: Otorhinolaryngologists)
Occupation: head of the Otorhinolaryngology Institute department; member of the Breath High Council; head teacher of his department in the Institute University
Bio: Professor Rocher is a symbol of the Landau Institute. Was born here, raised here, studied here and now is head of his department. Studying medicine since he was just a child, Rocher surely has a huge knowledge, and is one of the most famous doctors of the Landau Institute. Also, has a good relationship with most patients and with the doctors too, being a person that most people like. As a football player, Rocher is fast and is able to make some excellent passes, long or short.

6- GABRIEL Leite Cruz (Team: Physical Trainers)
Bio: Gabriel is a young player of the Landau Institute team, and due to that is a player with a very good physical condition. Usually all players of the team are in perfect health conditions, but Gabriel is the one least likely to suffer an injury. His crossings are his best ability, and he is a quiet person.

14- Doctor Mendelúcio SOBRINHO (Team: Psychiatrists)
Occupation: member of the Psychiatry department – I. T. Patients’ area
Bio: Doctor Sobrinho works in the dangerous area of the Institute, where the patients can’t be controlled by the medicines given by the doctors. Due to that, he is a cautious person and one who can deal with most difficulties in his work – something that happens when he is playing football too.

16- Professor Jair VALENÇA (Team: Neurologists)
Occupation: permanent member of the Neurology Institute department; member of the Brain High Council; teacher in the Institute University
Bio: an experienced doctor and football player, Jair Valença is one of the most important neurologists of the Institute, probably just behind the department chief Professor Arthur Costa, who doesn’t like football. Valença usually don’t work directly with the patients, although can enter in some really difficult cases, where a top neurologist is needed. Doesn’t like to work in the University, and that’s why he wasn’t able to have a good academic career, being just a normal teacher there.

Defenders:

3- Doctor Renato RIBEIRO (Team: Neurologists)
Occupation: permanent member of the Neurology Institute department
Bio: the Neurologists team is mostly composed by experienced doctors, so its average age is one of the highest of the league. But it also has many top players, and Ribeiro is another of them. Fanatic for football, he isn’t much dedicated to his work, although years of service granted him a place among the leaders of the department. But you can’t expect him to work until late hours in the night.

4- VALDIR Marrocos Pitoco (Team: Security)
Occupation: member of Landau Institute’s security – island area
Bio: a member of the security team in the Institute’s National Team? Yes. Although the team isn’t a very good one, it often has good defenders. We don’t need to say that Valdir is a highly physical player, who uses his strength to defeat his opponent, sometimes with fouls. But, outside the field, he is a nice person, and loves watching soap operas.

13- Doctor Augusto MENDES DÍAZ (Team: Toxicologists)
Occupation: member of the Toxicology department – common patients’ area
Bio: Doctor Mendes Díaz is a young doctor, who still didn’t have any big achievements inside the Institute as a doctor – he is only a working doctor in his department, nothing special. But, as a football player, he has already shown his ability as defender, and he also claims that he can discover if a player is using drugs or not by just smelling his watch or socks.

21- Doctor Kléber LA CODETI (Team: Gynaecologists)
Occupation: permanent member of the Gynaecology Institute department; member of Sexual MEDICAL Studies High Council
Bio: Doctor La Codeti is surely the best player of the Gynaecologists team, an average one which has a good teamwork and tactical awareness that makes them get some good results. La Codeti is a talkative person, and loves to invent stories. He is also a member of the Sexual Council, which had to have the work medical written in all capitals in its name due to many people thinking that the council was intended for other activities.

Defensive Midfielders:

5- Professor Tarcísio DUPONT (Team: General Practitioners)
Occupation: member of the General Practice department – I. T. Patients area; teacher of the Institute University
Bio: Professor Dupont is a very determined person, and one who never gives up when he has an objective. Working with unstable patients, he had already many problems about insisting in giving medicines to patients that were having bad reactions to them, with some fatalities involved. He also is a very demanding player, as much as he is with his students, with his classes being one of the most difficult of the university. Dupont wanted to be the captain of the team, but probably the fact that he is a general practitioner didn’t help him in this.

8- Doctor Paula Raquel Fernandes SPLITSSCHER (Team: Psychiatrists)
Occupation: member of the Psychiatric department – stable patients’ area
Bio: one of the few women in the Landau Institute Natioal Team, Doctor Splitsscher is also the youngest player of the team, and also a very talented football player, with an excellent vision and positioning, being able to start good counterattacks. Her career in the psychiatry area is still beginning, so she doesn’t have any titles or awards.

15- Professor Haroldo BARBEIRO (Team: Neurologists)
Occupation: member of the Neurology department – I. T. Patients area; teacher of the Institute University; member of teaching council in the University
Bio: Professor Barbeiro is loved by his students. A top teacher, is great in doing classes in the Institute’s University. Curiously, as a doctor, he is nothing special, even with years of experience, being unable to get anything more than just a basic position in the intensive treatment area. Barbeiro’s advanced age has highly affected his football ability, so he won’t move much on the field.

20- Caio MOTTA Vagrandini (Team: Stable Patients)
Situation: under observation by psychologists – former mental illness
Bio: Motta is one of the two patients that got to the Landau Institute National Team. Currently Motta is considered cured by the doctors responsible for him, and under observation in the stable patients’ area. But he used to have severe hallucinations, which made him completely unable to communicate or to act with his free will until these hallucinations ended, which made him pass years of his life in the intensive treatment area. Well, glad that he is cured now... is he?

Offensive Midfielders:

7- Doctor Giuliana Carvalho LEÓN (Team: Psychiatrists)
Occupation: permanent member of the Psychiatric Institute department
Bio: another female psychiatrist in the National Team, she is considered the main responsible for leading her team in the Laifódi competition, due to her incredible dribbling ability. She is very good at humiliating other players with her dribbles and inventive shots, and people say she acts the same way when counselling patients. She is very stubborn and short-tempered, and can engage in long discussions. She is also fast when controlling the ball, but dislikes long-ranged shots.

11- Doctor Sidney Harmangi Hill "DR. ALIEN" (Team: Otorhinolaryngologists)
Occupation: member of the Otorhinolaryngology department – stable patients’ area
Bio: Doctor Hill isn’t a famous person inside the Landau Institute. In fact, even in the Laifódi (the Institute league) scene he wasn’t a well-known name. But last season he showed everyone that he is simply the best set pieces taker of the entire place. Also, his heading abilities are extremely useful to help the team to score goals and defend. He is slowly becoming famous inside the Institute, but still has to improve his treatment methods. After an experience with an extraterrestrial creature infected him with an unknown toxin, Hill suffered a complete mutation, developing supernatural strength and stamina, becoming much taller and heavier, with purple skin and a deformed face, turning himself into a monster. Now he is called Dr. Alien.

17- Professor Nathan WAMBROCKING (Team: Cardiologists)
Occupation: head of the Cardiology Institute department; head of the Heart High Council; member of Landau Institute’s presidency chamber; head teaching of his department in the Institute University; member of the teaching council in the University
Bio: Professor Wambrocking is, without doubt, the highest-ranked of the doctors in this National Team, being even part of the group of doctors that lead the Institute. He is also a good football player, known for distributing well the ball and making some interesting moves when attacking. Due to his age, will probably get only ten or twenty minutes of playing time in a game he enters. As a doctor, Wambrocking usually doesn’t have personal contact with patients, leading a group of doctors under his command, who do all the dirty work for him.

19- JOHANN Brass (Team: I. T. Patients)
Situation: under intensive treatment by cardiologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, endocrinologists and hypnotherapists; illness not yet identified
Bio: a ferocious player – literally. Johann is a member of the intensive treatment area, due to having an uncontrollable rage, which starts without warning. His rage attacks are impressive to watch, as he tends to completely destroy a beef or eat a latrine in seconds. A huge group of doctors is actually trying to control him, but only hypnosis has some effects – which lasts for little time. When playing football, Johann is known for his long individual runs and potent shots, and is sometimes called Johann Foguete.

Attackers:

9- Doctor Eduardo da Cunha GADESCU (Team: Pulmonologists)
Occupation: member of the Pulmonologist department; member of the Research department; member of the General Practice department – all in the common patients’ area
Bio: surprisingly the only doctor of this team who has more than one specialty – something that is common in the Institute – Doctor Gadescu plays for the Pulmonologists, as this is the area where he acts the most, and where he has shown big talent, being considered one of the possible future leaders of this area inside the Landau Institute. A calm person, doesn’t like to take risks.

10- Professor Fabrício ABRAHIM Mendoza (Team: Oncologists) – [COLOR="Red"]team captain[/COLOR]
Occupation: head of the Oncology Institute department; head teacher of his department in the Institute University
Bio: the top scorer of the Laifódi league and one of Landau Institute’s legends in the attack. Professor Abrahim is a goalscorer by nature, he seems to have born with goal instinct. He can be sleeping on the grass during the game that the ball will surely hit him and enter the goal. Because of his fame and his experience in football, the coach’s choice of putting him as the captain was accepted by everyone. As a doctor, he is very humble, and likes to personally check the situation of his many patients. Is surely the key player of this team, although some people claim it is Doctor León.

18- Professor Raimundo Nonato PASCOAL (Team: Psychiatrists)
Occupation: permanent member of the Psychiatry Institute department; member of the Brain High Council; teacher of the Institute University
Bio: an experience psychiatrist, Professor Pascoal seems to have updated his skills to a mythical level. Many people say that the legend that Pascoal can read the minds of other people and fully predict what someone will do is true, although the doctor denies this. But, if this is not true, how can he shoot exactly where the goalkeeper won’t go?

23- Doctor Aline Merengue DE FRUTI (Team: Dentists)
Occupation: member of the Dentistry department of the Institute
Bio: she is an attacker who provokes the same feeling in both her patients and the opponents’ defenders and goalkeepers: fear. Her patients scream: “please have mercy of my mouth!” while her opponents scream: “please have mercy of our goal!” But she is deadly (not in the literal sense, she didn’t kill any patients), and can score goals with ability.

The Staff:

Head Coach: The Memory Ball
Occupation: ball made of something that looks like glass, or maybe it is some rock... I don’t know, it is orange... wait, it changed the colour to blue... I give up
Bio: this is what (or who) gave the Landau Institute the motivation to return to world football. This ball, according to Gaspar Aecalyopheno, stores all the memories of the creator of The Machine, Pascal Caelaphyluso, who used his abilities from the dreamed realm to give life to the former coach of the Estresse Intenso team. Pascal was dead, but now this ball is considered to be him, as it has his memories and does what he would do in each situation. Most people, then, seem to agree that the ball is Pascal himself, and that it is his soul which is stored. The memory ball floats on the air and can move with good speed. Gaspar says that the ball talks, but as no one has never heard anything from the ball, it must be through telepathy. The Memory Ball has a huge knowledge about football tactics, and seems to be preparing well the Landau Institute team for the competitions.

Assistant Head Coach: Gaspar Aecalyopheno
Occupation: member of Landau Institute’s presidency chamber; member of Mythical Debate High Council
Bio: Aecalyopheno is the apprentice of Pascal Caelaphyluso, who came to the Landau Institute from the Dreamed Realm when his master was still alive. He seems to have learned a lot from his master, but not everything, and is clearly considered as a person with inferior knowledge and talent than the much missed Pascal. With the arrival of the Memory Ball, Gaspar saw the return of his old master, and his extremely happy and motivated. As he is the only one who can communicate with the ball, he has now the position of assistant head coach, and he also is the one who will give the ball’s orders to the team, and also the one who will discuss with the referee if needed.

Common Coach: Doctor Aristides Igaben
Bio: Doctor Igaben is the coach of the team, the one who will actually give the team the training and make them fit for the games. He will have no participation during the games, being only responsible for pre and post-game events. As a doctor, Igaben is a good surgeon, although not one with the highest reputation inside the Landau Institute.

Main line-up:
------------------------------Maldonado------------------------------
-----Rocher------------Valdir-----------Ribeiro----------Gabriel-----
-----------------Splitsscher---------------Dupont--------------------
----------León--------------------------------------Dr. Alien----------
-----------------------Gadescu----------Abrahim----------------------

Kits (close-up version):
Image (first)
Image (second)
Image (third)

Background Detail: differently from Cafundéu, Estresse Intenso is an absurd place. In every corner, you'll find riots, prophets saying that the world will end soon, crazy people walking on the streets, cars being exploded, huge holes on the ground that probably lead to Hell, big helicopters sending the most different types of messages to the people. No police. No proper government to contain the people. A true chaos. The only place where the people can find protection is inside the office buildings, huge skyscrapers controlled by Cafundelense companies estabilished in Estresse Intenso. These office buildings have security guards that defend the place and negotiate with the gangs that "work" on the streets. These normal people that decide to live in the office buildings have to work to "pay" for their stay, food and security. In fact, there is no money in Estresse Intenso. This situation comes close to slavery. Because of that, the office buildings have some influence in the country.

The Landau Institute is a part of Estresse Intenso, but there things are different. It is located in the Lowrni island, between the country and Bazalonia, and seems to be completely independent from the country. The Institute is a place where the people that succumbed to the stress (or became crazy in the middle of the chaos) go to get a treatment. The doctors there are excellent, and the patients well-treated, receiving attention and the help necessary. A much better and calm place to live, the Landau Institute is a paradise in the middle of Hell. The doctors control the place, but they don't live in better conditions than the patients (a lie! They do, although it is not such a big difference).

Choose my goalscorers - Yes
Godmod Scoring Events - Yes
RP injuries to my players - Yes
Godmod injuries to my players - Yes (no only to the duration of the injury)
Hand out Yellow cards to my players - Yes
Hand out Red cards to my players - Yes (max of 3)
Godmod Other Events - Yes (although avoid really unreal things)
Last edited by Landau Institute on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steroga
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Steroga » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 am

Colors: Red and white. Home kit is all red with white numbering and the away kit is all white with red numbering.

Style: -3. We play a 5-4-1.

RP Permissions: Everything is a Yes. I will be disappointed if you do not have us play rough and get a few bookings.

Manager: Dakshi Patel, Age: 64
Assistant: Hemdev Patel, Age: 56 (not related)

Goalkeepers:
#51- Utkarsh Nayak, Age: 30. Starter and the undisputed best at his position in the country. Very passionate.
#52- Randhir Kapadia, Age: 31. Longtime rival of Nayak. They might not get along. He is a sub.
#53- Anshuman Shah, Age: 24. Reserve now maybe a starter one day.

Defense:
#70- Chanakya Motallebzadeh, Age: 27. Starter. Don’t mess with him if you want to play the next game.
#71- Yamir Singh, Age: 29. Starter. Very tall often will win the battle for a header.
#72- Rishit Kumar, Age: 33. Starter. Least physical of the bunch. He also has a lot of personal problems.
#73- Sanjay Naidu, Age: 22. Starter. Highly intelligent for his age.
#74- Soumil Naidu, Age: 24. Starter. Plays like his younger brother.
#75- Iravan Patel, Age: 27. Sub. Very speedy, not related to any of the other Patel’s.
#76- Abhijay Surhato, Age: 28. Sub. If he’s in, watch your knees.
#77- Ekagrah Alizadeh, Age: 25. Sub. Least likely to be entered amongst the subs.
#78- Sandeep Dijay, Age: 34. Reserve. Has stamina issues.
#79- Champak Jitrenda, Age: 19. Reserve. On the team to learn from his peers.

Midfield:
#49- Jaisukh Pattnaik, Age: 28. Starter. Used as a sixth defender often.
#48- Avinash Singh, Age: 25. Starter. He is our Mister Everything and the Captain.
#47- Uddunath Siddharth-Nabhendu, Age: 27. Starter. Aggressive but also has a nice shot.
#46- Pritam Gupta, Age: 26. Starter. Impressive two-way player.
#45- Sabal Karnataka, Age: 30. Sub. Probably will play in every match near the end.
#44- Pradeep Kokradi, Age: 25. Sub. Has a lot of speed.
#43- Swami Parsi, Age: 40. Reserve. More like an assistant coach who could possibly play.
#42- Naman Gandhi, Age: 22. Reserve. Despite surname he has serious character issues.

Forwards:
#63- Devdarsh Panigrahi, Age: 28- Starter. Our main man for offense.
#64- Bhupad Ahuwalia, Age: 25- Sub. Will be brought in when we really need a goal and will replace a defender.
#62- Kapoor Wamankar, Age: 29- Reserve. Hopes to get some playing time.
#65- Jaival Subudhi, Age: 18- Reserve. A future legend, we are told.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports