NATION

PASSWORD

The Tyrrinian Open (ITA Tennis)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Tyrrin
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

The Tyrrinian Open (ITA Tennis)

Postby Tyrrin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 pm

The Tyrrinian Open

Hello, and welcome to the first ever international tennis tournament to be held on Tyrrinian soil. We hope to see lots of high quality tennis in the coming days, as the best of hard court tennis players take to the courts. The Open will be taking place in Coranto, located on the eastern coast of Tyrrin. The Pierrick Tennis Complex is located in the posh Waverly district of Coranto, where actors and rock stars live and work, so expect plenty of action on and off the court.

The group draw has already been finished. For the singles events, four groups of six were used, with the top two from each group advancing to the knockout stage. In the doubles events, there are two groups of six, with the top four advancing from each group. You can earn a maximum of two RP bonus points per day. Score cutoffs will be at around 22:00 EST daily, beginning this Friday. The sign-ups were kind of disorganized, so if I missed your sign-up or a player is in two tournaments, sorry.

Men's Singles (24)

Group A
Demos Kalavanic--THA
Timothy Hill --BER
Jacob Goldstein-- PCR
Jake Neptune--NBA
Lonnie McKell--CHU
Jasper Xuen --TAR

Group B
Franscis Ree --LON
Valerio Pugliesi --SIB
Gregor Meltzedek --NNT
Juan Hildago --RAS
Jakk Klyde --COS
Kuki –ROL

Group C
Geoffrey Chard --MKD
Elio Mozi –LIS
Richard Johnson --ESK
Damana Berezhny --NNT
John Rine --BER
Mikey Watson –KSB

Group D
Xavier Xander --HEL
Darkki Nepaisale --DEL
Lucas Dunguf --LUX
Gianni Danza --THA
Kenneth Gordon –ESK
Marco Leeta--LON

Men's Doubles (12)

Group A
Aqi Aquarius/Holmgrin Staytrune--NBA
Golo'Mekk vas Usela and Zaal'raan vas Morhen --MQF
Marco Leeta and Franscis Ree --LON
Hagen Copendaas/Hiegleson Gonn --HEL
Ruben McKenney and Brent Jenks --CHU
Thomellius Hare/Joel Novamo –COS

Group B
Arthur Morgan and Stephan Romeo --USH
Howard Knoff and Robert Wesley --BER
Alain Cross & Thomas Dowt--OSR
Eugene Buchenau and Xaver Harteneck --FRW
Erik Beckenbauer and Valerio Pugliesi --SIB
Marcus Kay and Nicholas Miron --TYR

Women's Singles (24)

Group A
Olivia Moreeka --LON
Gretchen Kuntze --FRW
Hanrietta Loopis --LUX
Leah Torbert --CHU
Patricia Faltis –COF
Catherine Warrenson --SIL

Group B
Alana Grate --CHU
Anne Chant--MKD
Mia Norton --KHY
Laurie Harnett --DEL
Tiete Resterek --NNT
Alicia Cho –AND

Group C
Sara Beauford--NBA
Ayanna Valentino --OSR
Sue Lander --RAS
Brandi Bonecrusher--HEL
Kara Downings --CoF
Ashley Harnett —DEL

Group D
Penee Esmanu --LIS
Alexis Denim --BER
Helen Johnston --KRY
Cassandra Crissalus --COS
Marineeli Aumanay –LON
Madelin Karajavic—THA

Women's Doubles (12)

Group A
Laurie Harnett and Ashley Harnett --DEL
Alaina Adnama/Dianas Gellano --COS
Jennie Gaci and Gwen Paderau --TYR
Olivia Moreeka and Marineeli Aumanay --LON
Tonia Durant and Kate Vinton --CHU
Kathrine Garrin and Beatrice Mowings –ESK

Group B
Janet Ventriole and Fay Wasik --BER
Shala'Raan nar Cydina and Rael'Zorah --MQF
Michelle Kai and Jessica Ye --TAR
Cathrine Silkins and Frederica MacKay --USH
Hannah Zerk and Hope Perst --RFK
Kara Downings and Patricia Faltis --Cof

SCHEDULE

Day 1 1v2, 3v4, 5v6
Day 2 1v3, 4v6, 2v5
Day 3 1v4, 2v6, 3v5
Day 4 1v5, 2v4, 3v6
Day 5 1v6, 2v3, 4v5
Last edited by Tyrrin on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 am

tag, RP tomorrow
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 am

Fajaravik Times

Last night, Demos Kalavanic and Gianni Danza landed in the nation of Tyrrin to take part in the Tyrrinian Open, a tournament in the ITA Tournament series. The courts are hard court, so it's going to be much different from the clay courts the Thatians usually practice on. We're not even sure if either Demos or Gianni have even touched a hard court in their lives. But we'll soon find out, when our reporters take the field. The two players are in the men's singles draw, but on complete opposite ends, much to their relief. Demos Kalavanic is the son of the prominent senator, Miros Kalavanic, who just recently donated $500 million Myrkar to the National Institute of Science. His favorite stroke, he says, is his backhand, but he loves to serve as well. Gianni Danza, on the other hand, is an amazing comeback story. He once was hit by a train in a freak accident and he thought he would never be able to move again. Now he's playing incredible tennis, and it's all thanks to the brilliant healthcare system in Thatius. Well, some people hate it, but it worked fine for him. Gianni loves using his forehand, but also has a one-handed backhand that's really amazing to see. Both players are heading to the practice courts here in a couple of hours, so our reporters are on their way to see if they can get a few special interviews for the folks back home.

OOC: I noticed for the women's singles, that a player Alicia Cho is in group B and D, but under different nation names? And you also mentioned on the other thread that you had a spot open in the women's singles, but you didn't put any of my women's singles players in the tournament. Just kinda wondering. Thanks ^^
Last edited by Thatius on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:39 pm

OOC: Alicia Cho is listed twice. She entered as Alicia Cho (AND).
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Postby Tyrrin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:39 pm

The Andromeda Islands wrote:OOC: Alicia Cho is listed twice. She entered as Alicia Cho (AND).

Yeah Thatius spotted that, I'll fix it. Thanks for pointing it out, I knew something like that would happen. Thatius, which one of your players would you like me to put in her place?

Thatius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:05 pm

OOC: Madelin Karajavic, please. Thanks for fixing this!

Churchma
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Churchma squad arrives in Coranto to play in the Tyrrinian Open
Churchma Sports Inc.

Churchma is extremely well represented this week in the Tyrinnian Open (or the TO). These athletes will be playing on the hard tennis court surface for this tournament. Many of you might be wondering why Alana Grate is also participating in this tournament, when she just finished playing one less than a week ago. But the good news is, the ITA had a few issues with registration, and now Grate gets the chance to play in both.

"This is the best mistake anyone has ever made!" Grate said with a laugh. "Everyone at home knows I want to play non stop, and then I get the letter in the mail with my ticket, saying I need to be at the airport to fly out to Tyrrin the next day. I have to admit that was probably one of the best letters I've ever receieved- especially because that day I was expecting a letter from my water company telling me that I owed them extra."

All kidding aside, Grate is going to be ready to compete come game time. Grate is the #1 overall seed in the women's round of 16 at the SLTC, and winning two grand slams so early in her career would be huge. Look for her to do some more big things here in Tyrrin.

Men's Singles
Lonnie McKell (Group A)

Men's Doubles
Ruben McKenney and Brent Jenks (Group A)

Women's Singles
Leah Torbert (Group A)
Alana Grate (Group B)

Women's Doubles
Tonia Durant and Kate Vinton (Group A)
CHAMPIONS- Baptism of Iron 6, Cup of Harmony 45, Two ITA Titles
RUNNER UPS- World Lacrosse Championships 10, Saugeais Baseball Tournament
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1
SEMIFINALS- World Softball Classic 1, World Baseball Classic 19
QUARTERFINALS- NS Arena Bowl 0, NSAB 1, NSCF 2
FOUNDER- Nation States College Football (NSCF)

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:24 am

Last nights article in the Bergnovinaian tennis magazine.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Postby Tyrrin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Match Day 1 scores, please excuse the awful alignment. Winner is shown in an idiotic shade of yellow so you can't read it. Please tell me if there are any mistakes, this is my first real tournament so I'm trying to work out the kinks.

MEN'S SINGLES
GROUP A

Demos KalavanicTHA 6 3 2 6 (0)
Timothy Hill BER 4 6 6 7 (7)

Jacob Goldstein PCR 2 4 4
Jake Neptune NBA 6 6 6

Lonnie McKell CHU 4 4 3
Jasper Xuen TAR 6 6 6

GROUP B
Franscis Ree LON 3 3 6 6 2
Valerio Pugliesi SIB 6 6 2 1 6

Gregor MeltzedekNNT. 5 7 (7) 6 1 7
Juan Hildago RAS 7 6 (3) 2 6 5

Jakk Klyde COS 6 4 3 6 8
Kuki ROL 4 6 6 2 6

GROUP C
Geoffrey Chard MKD 1 5 3
Elio Mozi LIS 6 7 6

Richard Johnson ESK 4 7 6 6
Damana Berezhny NNT 6 5 2 1

John Rine BER 6 6 5 6 (4) 3
Mikey Watson KSB 3 0 7 7 (7) 6

GROUP D
Xavier Xander HEL 6 2 3 5
Darkki NepaisaleDEL 4 6 6 7

Lucas Dunguf LUX 7 (7) 6 (3) 3 3
Gianni Danza THA 6 (3) 7 (7) 6 6

Kenneth Gordon ESK 7 (7) 6 6
Marco Leeta LON 6 (2) 3 2

MEN'S DOUBLES
GROUP A

Aqi Aquarius/Holmgrin Staytrune NBA.. 1 2 6 5
Golo'Mekk vas Usela and Zaal'raan vas Morhen MQF 6 6 4 7

Marco Leeta and Franscis Ree LON 1 6 6 4 6
Hagen Copendaas/Hiegleson Gonn HEL 6 3 2 6 1

Ruben McKenney and Brent Jenks CHU 6 2 6 5 6
Thomellius Hare/Joel Novamo COS 4 6 4 7 0

GROUP B
Arthur Morgan and Stephan Romeo USH 3 2 7 4
Howard Knoff and Robert Wesley BER 6 6 5 6

Alain Cross & Thomas Dowt OSR 1 5 6 1
Eugene Buchenau and Xaver HarteneckFRW 6 7 4 6

Erik Beckenbauer and Valerio Pugliesi SIB 6 2 6 7 (16)
Marcus Kay and Nicholas Miron TYR 3 6 4 6 (14)

WOMEN'S SINGLES
GROUP A

Olivia Moreeka LON 4 6 6 4 6
Gretchen Kuntze FRW 6 3 2 6 2

Hanrietta Loopis LUX 6 (6) 6 (2) 6 6 6
Leah Torbert CHU 7 (8) 7 (7) 4 1 4

Patricia Faltis COF 6 2 7 (9) 6
Catherine Warrenson SIL 2 6 6 (7) 3

GROUP B
Alana Grate CHU 7 (8) 4 3 6 3
Anne Chant MKD 6 (6) 6 6 1 6

Mia Norton KHY 2 3 4
Laurie Harnett DEL 6 6 6

Tiete Resterek NNT 6 4 6 7 (7)
Alicia Cho AND 4 6 4 6 (3)

GROUP C
Sara Beauford NBA 6 5 6 4 5
Ayanna Valentino OSR 2 7 3 6 7

Sue Lander RAS 7 6 6
Brandi Bonecrusher HEL 5 1 4

Kara Downings COF 1 3 6 (3)
Ashley Harnett DEL 6 6 7 (7)

GROUP D
Penee Esmanu LIS 3 6 6 6
Alexis Denim BER 6 0 4 1

Helen Johnston KRY 6 4 6 1 5
Cassandra Crissalus COS 4 6 4 6 7

Marineeli Aumanay LON 4 2 6 4
Madelin Karajavic THA 6 6 4 6

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
GROUP A

Laurie Harnett and Ashley Harnett DEL 6 6 2 6
Alaina Adnama/Dianas Gellano COS 2 2 6 3

Jennie Gaci and Gwen Paderau TYR 6 6 4 2 4
Olivia Moreeka and Marineeli Aumanay LON 4 2 6 6 6

Tonia Durant and Kate Vinton CHU 6 6 3 6
Kathrine Garrin and Beatrice Mowings ESK 4 4 6 3

GROUP B
Janet Ventriole and Fay Wasik BER 6 6 3 6
Shala'Raan nar Cydina and Rael'Zorah MQF 3 3 6 2

Michelle Kai and Jessica Ye TAR 7 4 3 4
Cathrine Silkins and Frederica MacKay USH 5 6 6 6

Hannah Zerk and Hope Perst RFK 4 6 6 (4) 2
Kara Downings and Patricia Faltis COS 6 3 7 (7) 6
Last edited by Tyrrin on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:27 am

OOC: Saved for a post later but here's a note... I don't know if we were doing scoring like the RL ATP, but women usually only play 3 sets (in singles and doubles), that's why the scorinator has a 1,3, and 5 set option.

IC:
Bergnovinaia Tennis Magazie--Online Edition

July 22nd, 2010

Third International Tennis Association Tournament Begins; Bergnovinaian Players Thrive at Home Tourney

Last night, the third ITA sanctioned inagural tournament got underway when Tyrrinian tennis officials announced draws for the upcoing tournament. The mens singles draw placed Timothy Hill and John Rine in two different groups, niether of which is believed to have players that could produce problems for the Bergnovinaian players during qualification. Fortunately, this means that Bergnovinaian players will not have to play the only Delaclav male at the tournament... If you recall, Bergnovinaian tennis officials accused Delaclav linesmen and players of cheating at the 4th Scott Cup when Ivan Crush and Elizabeth Swan fell to Albertina Iniesta and Darren Giles for a second time in the same tournament.

Men's Doubles may present a problem for Bergnovinaia at the Tyrrinian Open. Howard Knoff and Robert Wesley, the doubles team from Bergnovinaia at the tournament, are in the same group as Marcus Kay and Nicholas Miron from the home country of Tyrrin. Expert tennis analysts, even in Bergnovinaia, predict that Kay and Miron will sweep the group stage.

In Women's Singles, the group stage will present few problems for Alexis Denim who's biggest competition in the group will likely be Madelin Karajavic of Thatius. Similar to Denim, Janet Ventriole and Fay Wasik are not believed to face many problems at the tournament, or at least in the qualifying stages.

At the Schiavonia Lawn Championship, Stanley Charles is the only remaining Bergnovinaian player to advance to the quarter-finals. Charles, seeded number one at the tournament, easily downed 16th seeded Thomas Sekka--CLD in staright sets 6-3, 7-5, 6-3. Eilzabeth Swan on the other hand, faced off against Vittoria Lambadorey of Thatius and lost in 3 sets 6-4, 3-6, 3-6. Bergnovinaian spectators were stunned by her performace, because most thought it would be an easy win for swan, especially after winning the first set. Boy were they wrong...

Back at the Bergnovinaian Open, Bergnovinaian men's and women's doubles teams are looking to seize both titles for the home nation. The men's doubles final will consist of Sven and Karlos Cromp (Cosumar) vs. Donald Yewen and Carl Bole (Bergnovinaia), while the women's doubles final will consist of Karol Bilis and Harriet Garion (Balida) vs. Kara Towers and Sara White (Bergnovinaia).

No Bergnovinaian player has lost in the tournament yet... In women's singles at the round of 16, Gretchen Heidenheim (Bergnovinaia) def. Sue Blacks (Central World Alliance) 6-2, 3-6, 6-3. In the men's singles round of 16, Ivan Crush (Bergnovinaia) def. Theron Odijius (Thatius) 1-6, 2-6, 7-5, 6-1, 6-3. Things look very bright for all Bergnovinaian tennis players at all current tournaments.
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

The Realm of Light
Secretary

Founded: Jun 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Light » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:37 am

OOC: Shouldn't Jakk Klyde be highlighted, and not Kuki?
Football
Winner of the 39th Baptism of Fire
ITA Tennis
Mizun & Tanomi, Winners of Women's Doubles: Schiavonia LTC

Churchma
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Day One Recap at TO: Single's players not successful
Churchma Sports Inc.

Overall it was a very rough day in Tyrrin for Churchma and its athletes. Despite feeling comfortable on the courts, and receiving attention from several media outlets, the single's participants didn't do well at all- as a matter of fact all of them lost their opening matches. The only athletes that won their matches today were the men's and women's doubles team. One thing that the women's athletes quickly noticed was that instead of playing to who wins two sets first, now you must win three sets. Leah Torbert found that out the hard way.

Men's Singles
Lonnie McKell (Group A)- Lost to Jasper Xuen (TAR) in three straight sets.

McKell was anything but impressive in his ITA debut today against Xuen. The match was embarassing to him as well as the Republic. His closest set was a 6-4 loss. "I can't believe how I played today. It's hard to put into words how frustrated I am right now. I haven't put all of this work in, to travel here and get my head kicked in. I'm going to bounce back tomorrow- you can count on that," McKell said. McKell's next match is against Timothy Hill (BER) who won his opening match today.

Men's Doubles
Ruben McKenney and Brent Jenks (Group A)- Defeated Thomellius Hare/Joel Novamo (COS) in five sets.

McKenney and Jenks came out ready to battle, but Hare and Novamo made them earn the victory. Neither team won consecutive sets on the day. "I would say this wasn't bad for our first match playing together, but we're going to need to tighten our play up if we'll make it out of group play. We shouldn't be taken to five sets tomorrow," said Jenks. Next up for the duo is Hagen Copendaas/Hiegleson Gonn (HEL).

Women's Singles
Leah Torbert (Group A)- Lost to Hanrietta Loopis (LUX) in five sets.
Alana Grate (Group B)- Lost to Anne Chant (MKD) in five sets.

The trend of five-set-matches continued from men's doubles to women's singles. Torbert found out the hard way that she had to win three sets, as opposed to two (which is common for other women's tournaments). "After I claimed those first two sets I thought the match was over. I really was shocked when the ref told me I had to come back out their for a third set. I was completely flustered," said Torbert. Next up for Torbert is Catherine Warrenson (SIL). While Grate will face Mia Norton (KHY)

Women's Doubles
Tonia Durant and Kate Vinton (Group A)- Defeated Kathrine Garrin and Beatrice Mowings (ESK) in four sets.

Durant and Vinton did exactly what they came here to do, which is start hot. "We figured that if we start this tournament winning, then teams will learn to respect us. They will know about us one way or another before this thing is over. Durant and Vinton will be names that will be huge in the tennis world here in about a week," said the always-talkative Durant.
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Cho loses in four sets.

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Andromeda News Service
July 25, 2010
Sports Section
Tennis

TYRRIN

Alicia Cho had no idea what she had gotten herself into.

Once the Tournament draw was revealed, most of the ladies were surprised to find out that they would play five set matches. They also found out that there would be a five match group phase.

"I talked to my opening round opponent, Tiete Resterek from New Entropia," Cho said. "We hadn't prepared for five setters, but we decided to give it a go today."

Cho lost 4-6, 6-4, 4-6 6-7 (3-7) in a match that lasted nearly four hours.

"I just ran out of gas," Cho said. "If I had been more focused during that tie-break, who knows."

With four more matches to play, Cho still has a good chance of making the elimination round.

BERGNOVINIA

Maria Faris advances to the semifinals of the Bergnovinian Open, winning over Lilia Tuten of Belida 4-6, 6-3, 6-1. Both players left the court covered in perspiration.

"The intense heat affected both of our games," Faris said. "Lilia Tuten played her heart out. We should reward ourselves with a warm bath after this match.

After winning the last six tournaments of the Andromedan Tour, Faris has extended her match winning streak to 35 games. She now ranks as one of the four best Women's Clay court players in the World.

"The competition is much stronger," Faris said. "There are only about eight of us on the Andromeda Team that can even touch these ladies."

ANDROMEDA TEAM QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT - NASSAU, ANDROMEDA

Michelle Lee and Melanie Braga were busy yesterday.

Michelle Lee and Melanie Braga qualified for the last two spots on the Andromedan National Tennis team that morning. They won the Women's Doubles Title 6-2, 6-1 over the Thomas Sisters.

Lee then defeated Braga 6-4, 6-4 in the afternoon to win the singles championship.
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

Thatius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Thatius Online News

Two up, one down

Two Thatian players one today, but one suffered a defeat that wasn't all too bad, and was almost expected. Demos Kalavanic lost to the player from Bergnovinaia, Timothy Hill. It took only four sets for the Thatian to fall, but the players from Bergnovinaia are certainly tough. It seems that a lot of Thatians end up playing against people from Bergnovinaia. Next up, Gianni Danza had a really tough match against Lucas Dunguf. It took four sets as well, but two of them were tie-break sets. Late comer Madelin Karajavic, sister of Bradley Karajavic, won her match in four sets. It was tough, but Karajavic had plenty of aces to help end the match in the fourth set. The players are ready to face their next opponents, and this tournament will be enjoyable!

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Postby Tyrrin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Sorry for the delay everyone, hopefully I will have more time to scorinate by tomorrow, this weekend has been kind of crazy.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 am

Bergnovinaia Tennis Magazie--Online Edition

July 26th, 2010

Bergnovinaian Tennis Thrives at Home Tourney

Last night, the two remaining Bergnovinaian players, Gretchen Heidenheim and Ivan Crush, faced off against their opponets in the Bergnovinaian open men's and women's singles semi-final. Ivan Crush did well to keep Bergnovinaian proud, defeating Timothy Bannis of Ferlas 7-5, 6-4, 2-6, 6-3. Ivan put up a strong showing, but several spectators were concerned that he might lose control and lose the match after Bannis won the third set 6-2. Crush was happy to defeat his opponet, saying after he won the match, that in the end, "the best player always wins." Crush, along with most of Bergnovinaia, was pleaseed to see the final Ferkian tennis player at this tournament go home.

However, Ivan's victory was bitter-sweet. Gretchen Heidenheim, the women's singles player from Bergnovinaia, faced off against Ginverva Stallone of Thatius last night. Although Gretchen put up a very strong performance, she couldn't manage to hold on to the match, losing 7-5, 6-4 to Mrs. Stallone. Stallone was thirlled, according to Thatian newspapers, but Heidenheiem conceded victory gracefully, and then flew off to Kelssek where she's competing in the summer games of the V Olympiad.

The Tyrrinian Open and Schiavonia Lawn Championship

A few days ago at the Schiavonia Lawn Championship, number one seeded Stanley Charles of Bergnovinaia lost in the quarter-final against 8 seeded Dion Brazil of Churchma, losing in five sets 3-6 ,7-6 (2), 6-0, 4-6, 6-7 (3). Charles was extremely disappointed about the loss, but, like Heidenheim, conceded victory and flew off to Kelssek, where he too is competing in the games of the V Olympiad.

The Tyrrinian open has not yet progressed beyond the first round of the group stage. The Bergnovinaian players at the tournament are extremely frustrated, saying that they were prepared and ready to play a match yesterday, but their matches didn't happen. If you recall, Tyrrinian media sourcues blasted the Bergnovinaian Open for its lack of organization. As a neutral media source for Bergnovinaia, we will not comment on what should be said about the Tyrrinian hypocracy.

Churchma
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm

(OOC: I'd be the first person on NS to come out and tell you that I understand real-life takes priority over this. So I understand that you've been busy, and am in no way upset that you haven't been able to run the tournament. But this is a perfect chance to RP haha)

Churchmanian tennis squad members frustrated with Tyrrinian Open officals
Churchma Sports Inc.

After the first day of competition came to an end in Tyrrin, the tennis players that represent the Republic felt a sense of urgency, because they wanted to strive to do as well as other Churchma athletes have done at ITA tournament so far this year. A very lacksidasical first day of the tournament left every single's participant empty handed, going 0-3 on the day as a team. The only teams that had success on day one were the double's teams, going 2-0. But now a new feeling has risen amongst the team- anger.

"We've been told various excuses over the past four days as to why we can't play our next match. One day it was a freak accident where a water pipe burst near two of the courts, one day it rained for a few hours and they told us the courts weren't playable, and I can't even tell you why we haven't been able to play the last couple days- it's a mystery to all of us," men's singles participant Lonnie McKell said this afternoon.

Had the tournament continued on as scheduled, the final day of pool play would be coming up for this tournament. This kind of delay has frustrated everyone from players, to players' families, to the average fans.

"My entire family ended up coming to Tyrrin for three days to watch me play tennis- the only problem was that I didn't play a single match any of those days. My grandfather that is 82 years old traveled all the way here from Churchma to watch me compete- it makes me sick that he didn't get to watch me play," women's singles participant Leah Torbert said.

Regardless of what the excuse is, Churchma is ready to compete here at the TO. After great success at the Schiavonia Lawn Tennis Championships, the team that is in Tyrrin is anxious to compete.

"We've been practicing a lot, but other than that we've been watching our fellow countrymen compete at the SLTC. Dion (Brazil) and Benny (Brazil) looked great today in their men's doubles final win- I'm excited for them to get the Republic's first championship in the ITA. But we want to get this going here, so we can do our part in bringing home some trophies," women's doubles participant Tonia Durant said.

As of this afternoon, play had not continued in Tyrrin, but rumors around Coranto suggest that touranment play will continue soon.
Last edited by Churchma on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:33 pm

The Realm of Light wrote:OOC: Shouldn't Jakk Klyde be highlighted, and not Kuki?

THIS^^^ my guy won but you marked him as loser :o
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 pm

The Tennis Weekly
Your #1 source for Cosumaran tennis!
Tyrrinian Open: singles players succeed while doubles players fail!

In the first round of the Tyrrinian Open, the first hard court ITA tournament, Cosumar has been somewhat successful like in the other two ongoing ITA tournaments in Bergnovinaia and Schiavonia. In Schiavonia all entrants performed poorly and were eliminated early with the exception of Cris Mortpont while in Bergnovinaia the men's doubles team (Sven/Kromp) achieved second place but no one else did anything noteworthy. So far in Tyrrin, it's more of the same: mediocrity.

For this event Cosumar entered Jakk Klyde and Cassandra Crisalus or singles and Thomellius Hare/Joel Novamo and Alaina Adnama/Dianas Gellano for doubles. The first two athletes, the singles players, fared much better than the latter pairs, the doubles players.

In his match Jakk Klyde was orginally announced to have lost but this was revealed to be a mistake on the behalf of the host. Klyde played a fellow named Kuki (ROL) and narrowly won. The two pretty much just went back and forth trading sets. Klyde wins one, Kuki wins one, Klyde wins one, Kuki wins one, and so on. After both men had won 2 sets the score was 2-2 and it came down to the final fifth set which Klyde won in a thriller 8-6 score. The main cause for Klyde's victory was Kuki's fatigue and Klyde's powerful cross court shots were difficult for Kuki to reach at times.

In her match, Cassandra Crisalus emerged victorious over Krytenia's Helen Johnston in a surprising comeback upset. Crisalus did the same thing as Klyde-trade sets winning or losing each one at about 6-4. Then in the final set Crisalus followed suit and narrowly won in another thriller to watch; 7-5. Crisalus' main strength is her speed and that allowed her to get all of Johnston's shots easily while slamming in some nice ones of her own.

The two doubles teams we will not cover in as much detail because honestly, who wants to hear about a Cosumar team that lost? Anyways the men's doubles team (Hare/Novamo) lost to Churchma's McKenney and Jenks but just barely. This was one of the tighter matches of the day. The women's doubles team (Adnama/Gellano) was defeated by Delaclava's Harnett sisters. The Delaclavan duo pulverized the Cosumaran athletes three sets to one and none of them were even close. This one was just embarrasing.

So all in all, not a bad day for the Cosumar Tennis League. Who knows? The doubles teams may recover! Anyways, thanks for reading tennis weekly! You can watch the matches on CSBN2 channel 48 whenever the re-scheduling is.

Jakk Klyde battling Kuki in an intense singles match
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Postby Tyrrin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Just so everyone knows, its currently taking me about three hours to do a round of scores, and they still don't end up properly formatted. I've been TGing Berg and Schia, but the scorinator isn't set up well to post results. So mainly, I haven't had the patience to sit around and scorinate. Probably my bad, but I'm trying to get an easier solution figured out. Until then, the tournament is postponed indefinitely. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 am

The Bergnovinaian Sports Network's Broadcast about the ITA.

OOC: I apologize about all the olympics stuff at the beginning.

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 am

Tyrrin wrote:Just so everyone knows, its currently taking me about three hours to do a round of scores, and they still don't end up properly formatted. I've been TGing Berg and Schia, but the scorinator isn't set up well to post results. So mainly, I haven't had the patience to sit around and scorinate. Probably my bad, but I'm trying to get an easier solution figured out. Until then, the tournament is postponed indefinitely. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It isn't the easiest of things to do, especially with so many different competitions. I know I had similar problems doing my tournament, too. It also isn't the quickest thing in the world with all the inputs, either. Unfortunately, I can't claim to be an expert scorinator builder. I also find that it doesn't help having so many different tournaments to do, something I said would be the case before the tournament started and still advocate now.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Well, after this, I think the ITA will likely have 1 tournament at a time, however, will allow members to sanction their own tournaments if they wish.

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:Well, after this, I think the ITA will likely have 1 tournament at a time, however, will allow members to sanction their own tournaments if they wish.

I think the four tournaments at a time works fine, it was just a problem that one person was having. If everyone is managing to get the scorinator working, there's nothing wrong with multiple tournaments.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports