NATION

PASSWORD

General Sports Roleplaying Questions (OOC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:16 pm

United Eastedge wrote:I would like to join a sports region. Which one do you guys recommend me?

Bad question to ask! Everyone is going to be very partial with their answers.

Anyway, there are three major sporting regions,

1. Atlantian Oceania
2. Esportiva
3. Rushmore

Each has their own individual merits and vices, and you should check them out before making a decision.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:34 pm

The Sarian wrote:
United Eastedge wrote:I would like to join a sports region. Which one do you guys recommend me?

1. Atlantian Oceania
2. Esportiva
3. Rushmore

Each has their own individual merits and vices, and you should check them out before making a decision.

I'd say you already put them in correct order though
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

New Wolfopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Wolfopolis » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Ko-oren wrote:
The Sarian wrote:

1. Esportiva
2. Esportiva
3. Esportiva

No, he didn't. I fixed it, though, thanks for pointing out the problem. :P
New Wolfopolis
Demonym: Wolfopian | Capital: Lupinia | Location: Esportiva | Trigramme: NWW | Population: 168,000,000
Proud member of the WA
new.wolfopolis@gmail.com
Champion: None
Second Place: Watterson Bowl I
Third Place: BoI XIV, IBS III, WHS I
Fourth Place: IWC
Host: WBC 30, IWC, Maple Leaf Bowl II, KWC III, NSCAA ACC
Co-Host: IBS III, IBS IV
Founder of World Hoops Showcase
Member of the WBC Council
Also, our sports teams are the Wolfpack, not the Wolves.
Super-Llamaland wrote:"But coach...that's so...that's so New Wolfopolis!"
"Yeah, New Wolfopolis is a good team."
"No, that's not what I meant! It's--organized!"

IRC
00:19:38 — SousChefTrib tenderly massages the Wolfie meat

Need a sports logo? Try Kaplewof!

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Ko-oren wrote:
The Sarian wrote:

1. Atlantian Oceania
2. Esportiva
3. Rushmore

I did it in the well known order of alphabetical :p
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Menukten
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Menukten » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:24 am

When will the IBC and other basketball championships be over and when will the next ones start up? I'm looking for the most oportune window for the 3x3 World Basketball Championship.
We are a sad, sad people
The Community of Menukten, also known as The Land of the Rainbow
Sally Long-Fire, Chief Mourner
Home of Jesterball!
HWC 12 Rof16
WLC 18 Rof16
Firestorm Cup VII Silver- MC Yardley
Squonkwire

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:14 am

Menukten wrote:When will the IBC and other basketball championships be over and when will the next ones start up? I'm looking for the most oportune window for the 3x3 World Basketball Championship.

Cassadaigua has said that she intends to start the IBC after the World Cup. Based on that schedule, I'd estimate that the IBC will conclude around the end of May.

If the hosts of BoF 56 and World Cup 69 decide against holding off on those for the RL World Cup (as Saugeais held off on the last Winter Olympics for the RL Winter Olympics), then the BoF will probably start around that point. Typically, the BoF starts as soon as the DBC and (big 3) regional association football tournaments are done (the U-15WC usually runs during the BoF) and the World Cup starts right after the WBC/IBC/WB/WCoH are done.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Menukten
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Menukten » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:41 am

Saintland wrote:
Menukten wrote:When will the IBC and other basketball championships be over and when will the next ones start up? I'm looking for the most oportune window for the 3x3 World Basketball Championship.

Cassadaigua has said that she intends to start the IBC after the World Cup. Based on that schedule, I'd estimate that the IBC will conclude around the end of May.

If the hosts of BoF 56 and World Cup 69 decide against holding off on those for the RL World Cup (as Saugeais held off on the last Winter Olympics for the RL Winter Olympics), then the BoF will probably start around that point. Typically, the BoF starts as soon as the DBC and (big 3) regional association football tournaments are done (the U-15WC usually runs during the BoF) and the World Cup starts right after the WBC/IBC/WB/WCoH are done.

Okay, thanks. So I'm probably looking around June as the best time for the tournament, then.
We are a sad, sad people
The Community of Menukten, also known as The Land of the Rainbow
Sally Long-Fire, Chief Mourner
Home of Jesterball!
HWC 12 Rof16
WLC 18 Rof16
Firestorm Cup VII Silver- MC Yardley
Squonkwire

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:03 pm

I'm interested in joining this forum, although I don't know how to use or what is a scorinator.

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:I'm interested in joining this forum, although I don't know how to use or what is a scorinator.

Welcome.
Unless you were actually running a tournament, you needn't worry about using a scorinator at current. For now, what you need to know is that a scorinator is what generates the scores for matches, which then the nations writes their RPs off of.

If you are interested in tinkering with them, the two main scorinators are NSFS3 and xkoranate.
Last edited by Saugeais on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:I'm interested in joining this forum, although I don't know how to use or what is a scorinator.

The first thing you need to do is find a tournament with signups open and post in the signup thread (usually has signups in the title) saying that you signup. People also bid for events in there, but I wouldn't recommend doing that yet, especially if you don't know what a scorinator is. Once the host has been chosen the tournament will begin in a separate thread. A scorinator will be used to generate the results. Each team will be given a skill value by the host. Some of this in tournaments that have happened before will be rank, given using a set formula based on previous performance. Some will be roster/RP bonus. Roster bonus is for posting a roster (squad list) detailing the players on your team. RP bonus is for, well, RPing. The scales and quality requirments for this will be detailed by the hosts in the host bid.

The scorinator generates the results. The higher the skill value (which is put into the scorinator) the more likely you are to win, though at the heart of a scorinator is random numbers, so like real sports upsets happen.

Hope this was helpful. For a better guide see the Guide to Sports Roleplaying below.

Best of luck!
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Jeckland wrote:

The first thing you need to do is find a tournament with signups open and post in the signup thread (usually has signups in the title) saying that you signup. People also bid for events in there, but I wouldn't recommend doing that yet, especially if you don't know what a scorinator is. Once the host has been chosen the tournament will begin in a separate thread. A scorinator will be used to generate the results. Each team will be given a skill value by the host. Some of this in tournaments that have happened before will be rank, given using a set formula based on previous performance. Some will be roster/RP bonus. Roster bonus is for posting a roster (squad list) detailing the players on your team. RP bonus is for, well, RPing. The scales and quality requirments for this will be detailed by the hosts in the host bid.

The scorinator generates the results. The higher the skill value (which is put into the scorinator) the more likely you are to win, though at the heart of a scorinator is random numbers, so like real sports upsets happen.

Hope this was helpful. For a better guide see the Guide to Sports Roleplaying below.

Best of luck!

And the major tournaments where signups are currently open are the World Bowl (American football), the International Basketball Championships and the Rugby League World Cup. The World Bowl is currently waiting on the results of the host vote, the host of the basketball tournament has already been chosen (and has left signups open for now) and the rugby tournament is currently in the bidding period.

Signups for the World Cup of (ice) Hockey, World Baseball Classic and the next edition of the World Cup (association football/soccer) will likely be opening within the next few weeks.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games

Orennana
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Orennana » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:52 am

I've started scorinating a domestic football (soccer) league on xcoranate, and might do some other sports with it too. Is there a generally accepted time period when I should post the results, or can I do it any time?
Male, with strong feminine tendencies. Use whichever personal pronoun you fancy.
Puppet Master of Manchardas and Falupia. This nation more or less follows my political ideals. | Factbook
Sportswire
Official trigram: ORN
IBS V finalists!

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:30 am

Orennana wrote:I've started scorinating a domestic football (soccer) league on xcoranate, and might do some other sports with it too. Is there a generally accepted time period when I should post the results, or can I do it any time?

Really, you can do it whenever you like, as often as you like.

There are international competitions you can enter your champions to, which happen at fairly regular intervals, so you can try to time it for those (a lot of people do this, it seems) but there's no obligation.

If you post a lot, and think you're maybe clogging up the newswires threads with too many posts, you can create a thread for all your own domestic sports results and just cross link them if you want to enter the international competitions (like the UICA events etc)
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Which nations have finished in first place in the first competition they entered? I won IBS II, which was my first competition ever, and I'm curious who else has done it. Probably a lot of users if you include events intended mainly for new users, such as the BoF or BoI, but if you don't include those, it's probably a lot rarer.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Zenic won the 7th U15 world cup, which was hosted by me, Greg.
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Which nations have finished in first place in the first competition they entered? I won IBS II, which was my first competition ever, and I'm curious who else has done it. Probably a lot of users if you include events intended mainly for new users, such as the BoF or BoI, but if you don't include those, it's probably a lot rarer.

I haven't won an event ever :(

However, I have come second depending on how you define first event.

The first event I signed up for (and it started first, IIRC) was WLC 17, however the first to conclude was the Worlds Fair TriWrathlon, where I came second (but there were no ranks)
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Which nations have finished in first place in the first competition they entered? I won IBS II, which was my first competition ever, and I'm curious who else has done it. Probably a lot of users if you include events intended mainly for new users, such as the BoF or BoI, but if you don't include those, it's probably a lot rarer.

A certain nation finished 1st in Arena Bowl IV because it was the Will of God. A certain "Indispensable Nation" would later finish second in Di Bradini Cup 27.

Yes, I almost pulled that feat off, twice, and those talking ponies had to ruin that for me...
Why I left NS Sports

Estope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Estope » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:05 pm

I won the Maklohi Vai Baseball Tournament which was my first tournament entered
Soccer: 61st (14.33 pts.) | Football: 26th (9.08 pts.) | Baseball: 13th (3.23 pts.) | Rugby: 13th (5.07 pts.)
Hockey: 11th (16.85 pts.) | Basketball: 25th (2.73 pts.) | Lacrosse: 4th (37.62 pts.)
Maklohi Vai Tournament (Baseball)
Esportiva Union Cup II (Rugby)
Estope Open
World Bowl XXIII
Maple Leaf Bowl III

New Sideburn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sideburn » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:36 pm

CE6 and the somewhat less important Market Cup 6.
The old ways were best!

Original nation behind Nephara. New Sideburn now symbolises an ideal, rather than a nation.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:04 pm

If you count individual competitions, then Zach Ivins won for me the 3rd Star Triathlon :P
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:49 am

I say, chaps....

Would there be any interest in a Second Imperial Chap Olympiad?

It's the 10th RL Chap Olympiad this northern hemisphere summer, and I'm tempted to light my hosting pipe in celebration.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Furellum
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Furellum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 am

Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:I say, chaps....

It's the 10th RL Chap Olympiad this northern hemisphere summer, and I'm tempted to light my hosting pipe in celebration.

I say, this looks a jolly old wheeze! Colour me keen, old boy.
Winners of the Thirty-first Di Bradini Cup!

The Magical, Anthropomorphic Trans-Dimensional Secret Oligarchy

Proudly located in Atlantian Oceania

Puppet of Barunia
Currently ruled by a secret society
Runner ups at the 4th and 5th U-15 World Cup, with a third place finish in the 6th!

New North Aqmuland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New North Aqmuland » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 am

Yes. There is interest from me, for sure. That looks awesome.
Call me NNA or David, whichever you prefer. I'm an 18 year old freshman at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, planning to major in international relations and minor in Spanish and math. I love music, math, sports, video games, and trivia.
The Democratic States of New North Aqmuland
Numquam mentiri, numquam amittere.
Capital: Anchoring
Population: 1,671,948,317
National Animal: Eagle
Colors: Blue and Gold
Factbook
Soccer: 3.66pts (143rd)
Football: 13.98 pts (14th)

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:59 am

Charles Smith-Smythe-Smith would certainly be up for defending the chaps first place finish in the last one, wot.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Orennana
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Orennana » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:40 am

Oh, rather. I should say 'twould be jolly exciting to be involved in such an event, wot.
Male, with strong feminine tendencies. Use whichever personal pronoun you fancy.
Puppet Master of Manchardas and Falupia. This nation more or less follows my political ideals. | Factbook
Sportswire
Official trigram: ORN
IBS V finalists!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports