NATION

PASSWORD

The Friendly Cup (Signups and Host Bids) CLOSED

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should this Cup be considered as?

Continuation of the Cup
50%
New Edition of the Cup
50%

Total votes : 22

Nagapairenahkerey
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nagapairenahkerey » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:23 pm

About the poll, when did the last friendly cup take place?

Also, bid might be coming soon too.
The Federal Republic of Nagapairenahkereyremveynaytustekerabnaytuknajreygza

South Shellfort
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby South Shellfort » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm in.

KPB: 0.0
Style: -2
Proud member of the International Exchange Student Program! | IATA Member
South Shellfort doesn't represent my views - Older posts do not represent this nation anymore
News:South Shellfortian Miitary Industry Open Its Doors|Death Penalty Ban Rejected|Marijuana Legalized by Queen Susan Rose|South Shellfort's Soldiers Expelled North Shellfortians Forces

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Nagapairenahkerey wrote:About the poll, when did the last friendly cup take place?

Also, bid might be coming soon too.

According to San Jose, there was a similar tournament like the one I propose that lasted 9 editions. This one in a sense is the reboot or revived version of the tournament.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:00 pm

It happened on 2013, around October and November.

Last edition, number 10.
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:36 pm

XI Friendly Cup Host Bid: The Kingdom of Banija

National Information

The Kingdom of Banija is a country that classifies itself as a semi-constitutional monarchy. A nation situated in the region of United Valhaven, it is led by the Kabaka(which translates to King), and the current monarch is Kabaka Mugisha III. The Kabaka, alongside with the Waziri(translates to Foreign Minister), whom he picks and dismisses solely at his pleasure, is the Head of State and responsible for the country's foreign affairs.

The Lukiiko(translates to Parliament) is a democratically-elected, constituency-based, first past the post, legislature that has the power of the purse and controls all legislative affairs for the country. The Lukiiko, every term, elects the Katikkiro(Prime Minister), who picks a cabinet and leads the government. Racially, the nation is 99.2% black. This is a very religious based Christian nation, as 87% of Banijans are affiliated with the state church, the Puritan Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, whose followers are called Puritan Mormons. Sufi Islam is the next largest religious community at 9% of the national population.

Due to the massive influence of Puritan Mormonism in this nation, they are relatively socially conservative. Anortion in this country is outlawed unless the mother's life is in danger, and the church's Universal Call to Motherhood, which teaches that the destiny of each and every woman is to give birth to children and raise faithful Puritan Mormons, has heavily shaped the nation's view on the role of women in society. Therefore, women's sports are seriously underdeveloped, and while the ban on professional co-ed sports shall be lifted for the tournament, the Royal Banijan Soccer Association has confirmed that they will maintain their own ban on co-ed professional sides under their umbrella(which is, every professional soccer side in Banija).

Stadium Information

The Banijan Soccer League is one of two dominant professional sports leagues in Banija, alongside the Banijan Gridiron Football League. The use of stadiums of teams from the BSL will be employed for every single game of the Friendly Cup.

Group Draw

I will do the group draw and post it on the boards approximately 24 hours after I post the IC thread. Unfortunately I will not be able to do it in chatzy.

Format

All formats are single round robin for group play, and single elimination in the knockout stages. All games, of course, will be played in Banija.

20 teams: 4 groups of 5. Top two from each group will advance to the knockout stages, where a seeded draw will occur to determine the quarterfinal matchups. Group winners will be drawn against group runner-ups. A bracket will be drawn from that point forward(Winner of QF1 vs. Winner of QF1 is SF1, Winner of QF3 vs. Winner of QF4 is SF2).

24 teams: 6 groups of 4. Top two from each group plus the best 4 3rd place sides will advance to the knockout stages. A seeded draw will occur, where the 6 group winners and top two runner-ups will be randomly drawn against the 8 unseeded sides. That is where the knockout stage bracket will be drawn.

28 teams: 7 groups of 4. Top two from each group plus the top two 3rd place sides will advance to the knockout stages. A seeded draw will occur, where the 7 group winners and top group runner-up will be randomly drawn against the 8 unseeded sides. That is where the knockout stage bracket will be drawn.

32 teams: 8 groups of 4. Top two from each group will advance to the knockout stages, where a seeded draw will occur to determine the Round of 16 matchups. Group winners will be drawn against group runner-ups. That is where the knockout stage bracket will be drawn.

Scorinating Experience

Banijan Soccer League
NSCAA 7 Great Sky & Mugisha III Memorial Conferences(plus games in the 1st round of the NSCAA tournament)
United Valhaven Regional Football Champions
Ultimaverse Champions League(as Amazonesta)

Scorinating Method

I will be using version 0.3.3.of xkoranate, with the NSFS formula xkoronate style additive style modifiers. A roster shall be eligible for one full day's RP bonus. RP bonus shall be cumulative across the duration of the tournament.

Tiebreakers

1) H-2-H Goal Difference
2) Goal Difference
3) Goals For
4) Wins

Other OOC Information

Due to me working night shifts(in EST), my cutoffs will be somewhere between 6 & 8 AM EST. Shouldn't be a problem due to having 24 hours to RP, but I figured I should let people know.

I'm ready for any & all questions.
Last edited by Banija on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Paradisiam
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Yes quick question about the RP bonus. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:30 am

When do we do host voting? When can we start?
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

The New Telengana Rajj
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Telengana Rajj » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:57 am

I am In
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.18
Current RP's I am in:-
-International Warfare
-Rome's Folly

Call me Rajj for short, TG me if you want :)
A PMT nation based on the Indian State of Telengana.

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:59 am

Paradisiam wrote:Yes quick question about the RP bonus. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

Yes :lol:
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

HUElavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:27 am

Banija wrote:When do we do host voting? When can we start?

If no one else opposes you, you'd be the host nation. I am planning to close voting for Friday night.

South Shellfort
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby South Shellfort » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:58 am

Well, since I didn't saw my nation in the sign ups, I'm reposting the application.

South Shellfort wrote:I'm in.

Proud member of the International Exchange Student Program! | IATA Member
South Shellfort doesn't represent my views - Older posts do not represent this nation anymore
News:South Shellfortian Miitary Industry Open Its Doors|Death Penalty Ban Rejected|Marijuana Legalized by Queen Susan Rose|South Shellfort's Soldiers Expelled North Shellfortians Forces

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:09 pm

So are you saying I can't godmod in my RP even if it doesn't violate my opponent's RP permissions? And isn't that up To the host anyway since so they're handing out the bonus?

Or only that host bids can't godmod? I may sign up depending on answer.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Paradisiam
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:52 pm

What is godmode?

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:33 am

Uh I guess I should do this seeing Anglatia, Devonta and USI is here....*tries to organize how the rp will work*

I'm in:

KPB: 22.18 (29th)
Style Mod: +2.21
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

HUElavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:So are you saying I can't godmod in my RP even if it doesn't violate my opponent's RP permissions? And isn't that up To the host anyway since so they're handing out the bonus?

I don't want any god modding at all in the RPs. That's the only RP rule I am placing. I want to see it be like a normal RP on any tournament, but I just don't want GM in the thread.

HUElavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:28 am

South Shellfort wrote:Well, since I didn't saw my nation in the sign ups, I'm reposting the application.

South Shellfort wrote:I'm in.

I did see it before, but I am writing on an iPad, so I haven't had the chance to Copy and Paste names for the last few days.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am

HUElavia wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:So are you saying I can't godmod in my RP even if it doesn't violate my opponent's RP permissions? And isn't that up To the host anyway since so they're handing out the bonus?

I don't want any god modding at all in the RPs. That's the only RP rule I am placing. I want to see it be like a normal RP on any tournament, but I just don't want GM in the thread.

Well that's silly. Why can't people RP how they want? We have sapient ponies, magical monks, dancing jumping beans, a fog thing, and more. Are you saying they can't compete either? Let people RP how they want or people won't sign up. Including me. I'm done here. It was a nice idea, but you ruined it.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Well that's silly. Why can't people RP how they want? We have sapient ponies, magical monks, dancing jumping beans, a fog thing, and more. Are you saying they can't compete either? Let people RP how they want or people won't sign up. Including me. I'm done here. It was a nice idea, but you ruined it.

I'm not sure how you view 'godmodding', but from how I understand it, people don't want others dictating the results of an action that would affect them, or being hopelessly outmatched by the enemy because they tried to be realistic in what their characters are capable of. OP's rule is a failsafe against resorting to power creep and "I hit you, no you didn't". Ultimately, RP is collaborative storytelling, a give-and-take activity.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paradisiam
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Not anymore its not, with Paradisiams sure fire strategies and athletes this game is basically in my hands. So lets refer to god-modding as Para-Modding from now on to not cause any confusion.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:32 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:

I'm not sure how you view 'godmodding', but from how I understand it, people don't want others dictating the results of an action that would affect them, or being hopelessly outmatched by the enemy because they tried to be realistic in what their characters are capable of. OP's rule is a failsafe against resorting to power creep and "I hit you, no you didn't". Ultimately, RP is collaborative storytelling, a give-and-take activity.

And if my opponent is OK with godmodding, why can't I? You're going to anger a lot of people by this.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:03 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:And if my opponent is OK with godmodding, why can't I? You're going to anger a lot of people by this.

Second that. If you lose 4-0, does it even matter if you lose via 4 tap-ins or if a fire-breathing flying goat comes and picks up the ball and puts it in the net 4 times. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. I think you should let people RP the way you want, if the other person lets you godmod, then that should be that.

On another note, when is this tournament starting? We're getting close to the start of the World Cup Qualifiers and it goes without saying that i'll be putting more time into that than this.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:07 am

Mercedini wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:And if my opponent is OK with godmodding, why can't I? You're going to anger a lot of people by this.

Second that. If you lose 4-0, does it even matter if you lose via 4 tap-ins or if a fire-breathing flying goat comes and picks up the ball and puts it in the net 4 times. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. I think you should let people RP the way you want, if the other person lets you godmod, then that should be that.

On another note, when is this tournament starting? We're getting close to the start of the World Cup Qualifiers and it goes without saying that i'll be putting more time into that than this.

As the still-remaining only host bid, I have no problems with god modding as long as it doesn't violate one's RP permissions... I think it expands RP possibilities. But, obviously, I'm bound by the rules of the tournament.

Also, I want to talk about the tournament schedule... Doing this at the same time as WCQs(considering those start Sunday and signups here end Friday) is something that I believe to be a mistake. I'll host it whenever you need me to of course, but since the chances of WCQs being pushed back for this tournament are equivalent to the chances of Jill Stein being elected President of the United States, I think we should wait until the WCC tournaments are done to hold this tournament.

Yea, that's a month away, but there shouldn't be a soccer competition that interferes with the biggest competition in all of NS Sports. If we have conflict, we'll have extremely low participation here I think, which would be bad for the revival of this tournament.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:45 am

I'm out, based on those godmodding rules. Have fun n' all, but I don't want to rp in a tournament which limits creativity, and limits what people can rp.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:14 pm

I'm dropping out because of my retirement if that's what it is.
THE EMPIRE OF GREATER ANGLATIA: Partially retired loner
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:43 pm

- - - DRIVE-BY EXPERIENCED NSSPORTER ANNOUNCEMENT - - -

I know things work a little different elsewhere, but the common consensus in NS Sport is that we're a lot more lax on godmodding. As long as the two parties involved haven't asked people not to, it's fine.

All this ruling will do is piss off a lot of the people you'd like to get to sign up.

*tyre screech*

- - - END OF DRIVE-BY EXPERIENCED NSSPORTER ANNOUNCEMENT - - -
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports