NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the XI Olympiad—roleplaying thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby West Phoencia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Taste of Gold

When West Phoenicians think of winning sports thoughts move to archery, swimming, sailing, fencing and shooting and not just because members of the Royal Household have died under similar methods.
So it has come as a massive shock to witness Daniel Israeli take the gold in Men's Individual Gymnastics Pommel Horse. The strongest and most talented member of the Men's Gymnastics team he was original pegged as not having a chance by many sports writers back home. Daniel was able to prove them wrong by winning and becoming the first West Phoenician to win gold at the Olympics.

Women's Sailing also celebrated with Roccio Salvador pulling in a Silver, failing just short of becoming the first woman to win gold. High hopes also rest on Yael Israel to also pull in a medal as she has sat herself in the area of contention.

Overall it has been a disastrous debut for West Phoenicia, with such a large delegation they have only pulled in 5 medals so far.

The Men's Baseball and Women's Softball are two sports that have West Phoenicia on the edge of their seats. Both are still in the running to secure medals. The Men's baseball dominated their qualifiers and have done above average at this Olympics. They are a world class team and are likely to pull a gold, silver or bronze.

The Women's Softball has dominated their pool with 8 wins and no losses they progress to the Quarter Finals but Gold is on this teams mind. There secret to success is working as a team, tight fielding and strong batters.

Kernansquillec
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kernansquillec » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:41 am

Sent: Saturday 15th August 2059, 19:02
To: KRN-delegation-AeropagXI, KRN-staff-AeropagXI
Cc:
Subject: News Bulletin

Dear Athletes and Coaches,

Firstly, we would like to congratulate the entire delegation for what was a historic ninth day of competition of our delegation. No less than seven medals were won, including three golds! It was by far the best single day for the Kernansquillecan delegations and projects us up to 2nd place in the medals table. We are well on track to obliterate our gold medal tally for our previous Olympic performance and we should, if we keep this pace us, better our record 40 medal haul, while also securing a top ten finish for the first time ever. Keep up the good work!

Secondly, special congratulations go to our medallists: Mariano Blythe, who picked up a bronze in the men's 100m and became Kernansquillec's first male medallist of the games (expect a box of chocolates soon!); Stan Bramlett, who repeated the bronze medal performance in the men's 400m; Lorene Dankert, who finally got to collect her bronze medal in the women's light flyweight; Beulah Keef, who picked up only Kernansquillec's second silver medal of the campaign in the women's vault; Riley Rehbein, who not only won Kernansquillec's second shooting gold medal, but also set two Olympic records in the men's 50m rifle 3 positions competition; Kristeen Dobson, who won Kernansquillec's first ever tennis medal by claiming the gold medal with a straight sets victory over Britonisea's Elizabeth Quehall; and last but not least, Marcellus Dooling, who dominated the field in the men's 59kg Greco-Roman wrestling tournament to secure Kernansquillec's third gold of the day.

Thirdly, our commiserations go to Dolores Sutliff, who finished 5th in the women's 3m springboard event, the women's basketball team, who exit at the group stage despite being level on points with the top team and having only lost a single game, and Stanton Vashon, who finished a tight fourth in the men's pommel horse final.

Fourthly, with more medals set to arrive tomorrow, we once again hope that the delegation continues to show the strong support for its competitors from the stands and within the athletes' village. While the medals are won in the stadium, its fantastic moral support that lets our competitors get that extra per cent out of their performance.

Fifthly, while certain members of the delegation may claim that it was their "excessive drinking" and "engaging with other delegations in drinking games" that helped "drink the other athletes under the table" and "helped win our sober athletes medals", the NOC remains sceptical, not only because it finds it hard to believe athletes competing in medals events would engage in such festivities, but also because it is well aware many attending from the Kernansquillecans are hardly the best drinkers (ref. the NOC's New Year's gathering).

Sixthly, the NOC advises against athletes taking their medals with them while on nights out in Aeropag. It is expected that all medallists shall wear them at the closing ceremony, after that do as you please; but anyone loses theirs due to a drunken mistake, the NOC will not be amused. Safes are available at the lobby should certain athletes be paranoid concerning the safety of their medals within the team hotel.

Finally, the NOC shall be offering unlimited drinks (for one night only) to the athlete(s) who secure(s) the 11th gold medal of the delegation, hence making this the most successful Olympic appearance for Kernansquilllec.

Good luck for the upcoming events, the whole of Kernansquillec is behind you,

Kindest regards,

Isabella Pinkton
Head organiser of the Kernansquillecan delegation to the Aeropag Games
Kernansquillecan National Olympic Committee
104, boulevard du Faisan - K1580 KERNANSQUILLEC CITY
Tel. (+22) 1 27 52 66 07
Winners of the 17th Rugby Union World Cup
Domestic Newswire ~ Football: 66th ~ UICA: 44th ~ Handball: 3rd
WANT A KIT? K KITS CAN HELP

Runners-up at Copa Rushmori XXI and at the XIV Handball World Cup
3rd Place at the WSWC I
4th Place at the 42nd Baptism of Fire & 19th Di Bradini Cup
Qualified for the 57th, 73rd and 74th World Cups

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:49 am

Obscure Sports Weekly - Equestrian Section

Jumping - Round 1
by Marion Cartwright-Jacobson

The first round of the Equestrian Jumping individuals competition commenced yesterday, and the gold medal winning team from the last Olympiad are in good form so far. It was an incredibly tight competition on a standard-to-easy difficulty course (as expected in the first round of qualifying), with one obstacle being the difference between getting into the second qualifying round of the Jumping. Having four or more penalty points (or one obstacle) meant that the horse and rider pair would be knocked out of the top sixty and would not qualify for the first round. Li Lin suffered that fate, knocking over the red tape at the end of the water jump. But first, a reminder of how the competition works.

The individual jumping event consists of three rounds of qualifying for the finals, with the field slowly being narrowed down to thirty-five pairs. The scoreboard is then wiped of penalty points and two more rounds are played. The rider-horse pairing with the smallest amount of penalty points wins. The team jumping event consists of adding up the total scores of the second and third rounds of the individual qualifying (those pairs that are eliminated in the first round will still compete), and after discarding the worst rider, the nation with the lowest penalty points between their pairs will receive the gold. If there are ties between pairs or nations, then a jump-off is required (going through the course one more time) -- again, they are sorted by penalty points. If they are tied, then the team with the lowest time through the course wins.

The Electrumite jumping team was unchanged from the last Olympiad, with Omar Abdullah, Gyla Arrente, Greg Gregor and Li Lin being the four Electrumite entrants into the competition. The team are currently defending their gold medal that they won last time in New Gelderland, and both competitions are set to be extremely tight, if the last Olympics were any indicator. The best chance Electrum has, as always, is the team competition: as a team, they are very strong. It is a shame that points aren't carried over from the qualification phase to the individual final phase, as that would reduce the uncertainty of who would win the individual medals, but that is just how the competition is run.

In the first round of qualifying for the individuals, Gyla Arrente on the Bavarian warmblood Constellation and Omar Abdullah on the Dutch warmblood Are You What You Say? had a perfect clear round, both sitting on zero points so far. Both riders jumped exceptionally well -- it was like they were not even a weight on their horse, and their experience really showed. They guided their horses comfortably and with ease, with both riders riding at just the right pace to clear the open water jump and guiding their horses to the right lines and sight lines, so that the horses know exactly where and how to jump over those oxers (barriers). Arrente added an extra stride into the double combination jump, but got away with a little rub, with the jump cup holding the bars in place. Abdullah was very efficient with his riding, and kept a good pace throughout.

Greg Gregor qualified in equal 31st, with three penalty points. Gregor opted for a safer path on Fortissimo and didn't go as fast as he liked, going three seconds over the optimal time. Gregor can not ride conservatively tomorrow in the team event -- he must go faster. The fickle nation of the team competition means that any faults, including time faults, will definitely count towards determining the winner of the competition. It is always a big ask in the Olympic events to balance pressure, speed and riding strong and clear, but Gregor definitely could have repeated his performance without going overtime.

Finally, Li Lin, the fourth Electrumite rider, failed to qualify for the individual competition, landing outside the top sixty with four penalty points lost from a foot on the tape. Lin and her Westphalian gelding Diamontina had a messy run throughout, with many rubs. Luckily, most of them didn't drop, but it was not having enough of a pace getting through the open water pool with one of Diamontina's legs touching the wretched red tape at the end of the pool. That was enough for four penalty points to be given out, and was enough to see Lin out of the competition. Fortunately, she will still ride tomorrow as part of the team competition, but cannot advance further out of the individual rounds.

The course will only be harder in the next few rounds, as the competition needs to be thinned out from sixty-one to thirty-five competitors for the finals. They haven't been tricky so far, but in the next few rounds you should expect: 'spooky' jumps, where the planks/boards are coloured with coloured patterns and designs to confuse and distract the horses, liverpool jumps, where a water tray is placed under a jump, so as to distract the horse into looking down and not looking at the next jump, etc. The question is -- whether these horses are experienced enough to ignore the distractions, and whether the Electrumite riders can make the right decisions in the number of strides needed and the lines to take? If the Electrumite team can answer those, then they are well on their way in defending their golden team medal.
Last edited by Electrum on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Postby West Phoencia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:32 am

Up close and Personal with Yael Israel

"Good Evening sports fans this is Devon Carter live with a special segment tonight on WP Sports i will be interviewing Yael Israel who has qualified for the medal race in the Women’s Heavyweight Dinghy."

Devon Carter: "How does it feel knowing you have made the finals?"

Yael Israel: "It is a real honour especially after the disappointment of not progressing with the
Women’s Two-Person Dinghy. "

Devon Carter: "There were times there we did not think you would do it."

Yael Israel: I felt the same. I had a strong start, but race after race i saw myself dropping in the ranking. I know i barely scraped in, but i am praying i place in the finals.

Devon Carter:" Is there any truth that you had an argument with a team mate you share a room with before race 9 and 10?"

Yael Israel: "Yes. When i am racing i like a solid 8hrs sleep, but my roommate kicked me out of the room so she could hook up with one of the basketball players on the West Phoenicia team. I had to sleep in the commons room. It was so noisy. I didnt get any sleep."

Devon Carter:"I am sorry to hear that. So what made you get into sailing?"

Yael Israel: "My father. He served in the Navy for 20 years, i was practically born in the ocean. When i was young he would take my older brothers sailing and i would tag along. They were not interested but i found in enchanting. I always feel at home when i am on the sea. So from a young age he signed me up to the local sailing club."

Devon Carter:" How was that?"

Yael Israel: "It was a great experience. I won my first solo competition when i was 13, i was the only girl competing with guys 17 and 18 years old."

Devon Carter: "I am sure that didn't go down well."

Yael Israel: It didn't bother me. I won and i am always up for a challenge. The sea does not discriminate.

Devon Carter: "What will you do if you win a medal?"

Yael Israel: "Find my father in the crowd and give him a big hug. Than plan my next endeavour."

Devon Carter: "Which is?"

Yael Israel: "Sail solo around the world to raise funds for under privileged girls to get into sailing."

Devon Carter: " You are an inspiration. I wish you all the best with the race and your solo sailing challenge. The whole nation will be praying for you."

Ferkas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:04 am

[Selected Pieces from the Ferkian Presses]

Stein Strikes Bronze

Boxing and Ties Both Confuse Fans

(Aeropag) While Rebekah Stein fought her way to a bronze medal in the Women's Light Flyweight event, millions of Ferkians fought their own battle, trying to understand the largely ignored and misunderstood sport.

Stein was eliminated in the semifinals by Mary Tossenger (VKL), who went on to win the gold. Stein's performance was strong enough to earn her a bronze medal alongside Lorene Dankert (KRN), to the confusion of many sports fans.

Stein's run to the semifinals came as a surprise to many Ferkians who struggled to learn the basics of a sport which is frightfully underrepresented in most national sporting discussions. First up for many Olympic fans was figuring out who Stein is, and there was quite a resume to catch up on. Four national titles and three runner-up finishes, Stein has reached the finals of the Ferkian Boxing Association (FBA) Women's Light Flyweight in every year since moving to senior competition. Before that she won two junior titles, earned silver in another, and finished in the bronze medal spot twice. Quite the sports resume, Stein is easily one of the preeminent Ferkian boxers, as this medal shows.

After figuring out who they were rooting for, many fans then took to trying to figure out how and why two people would be getting the same medal. Ties aren't usually a thing in Ferkian sports. While they may occur in athletics it is quite rare thanks to advances in finish line technology. And in the rare cases when a tie does happen it's easy enough to understand how it came about, as the result of a head to head competition. In boxing that isn't the case though and many viewers expressed their discontent with that.

One viewer, commenting on the Ferkian Broadcast Corporations coverage of the event asked it simply enough: "A tie? Why not put the two of them head to head and settle it nice and clearly?"

While fans generally won't complain about a medal, and almost all were quick to offer congratulations to the latest Ferkian Olympic medalist, the confusion was obvious.

But the confusion over ties was just half the issue, as another portion of viewers took to questioning the sport of boxing as a whole.

"Boxing is a dangerous sport with no value or place in a modern society like ours. We find it absolutely disgusting and barbaric that it is still contested and call on the Ministry of Sport and Ferkian National Olympic Committee to immediately drop the sports accreditation. Also, Ms. Stein should immediately return her medal and issue a public apology for her role in corrupting the character of our society and of our youths." Commented Mrs. Patricia Hornfield-Greely, speaking on behalf of Parents Against Violence in Media, Sport, and Culture (PAVMSC), a society which routinely condemns sports they accuse of being violent or otherwise inappropriate.

While neither the Ministry of Sport or FNOC were willing to comment, Mrs. Sandra Richards of the FBA did respond briefly during a press conference, noting that: "Boxing is an old and well regarded sport across the world, and we are proud of Ferkas' growing place in it. We are disappointed that some members of the public see the need to insult hardworking sports-persons who represent our country with such grace and dignity. Additionally, we note that boxing is a sport which teaches its competitors traits like sportsmanship, hard work, and perseverance in the face of adversity."
Political Compass: -7.88 Economic, -4.41 Social

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 am

Myron Gaines Wants Serbian Weightlifters

Do you want Olympic medals? Do you want to train under the best weightlifting coach who is responsible for the Olympiad successes of boxers and wrestlers? Then come train with me, Myron Gaines! You'll be a'miring your gains all day long. Now I want to develop more athletes for gold. So to start training with me, visit Gaines For Days gym in Beograd and train with Olympians! Now seeking weightlifters for Olympiad training.

Testimonials

"I was just another tall girl who wasn't that great at wrestling until I started working with Myron. Now I have an Olympiad Gold medal to my name and stronger than ever and best yet I didn't even change weight class," Ljiljane Tirana
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:06 am

Gosscoop
Wando Mareil: the drunk Vakolicci nationalist section!

Wando: on the Olympics

OK everyone, so you've probably been watching, listening, or reading about what's going on in Aeropag. It's a big competition for people who are generally good at their sport to see who the best person at their sport is. It's called the Olympics, 28 sports, 14 days, traditional Vakolicci sports completely disregarded as it is ran by foreigners.
Well, what's been going on in Aeropag isn't really what you read in the papers or see on those flashy news shows, is it? What's realyy going on is just another attempt to make foreigners, Foreigners I tell you, look equal to Vakolicci athletes in a competition of physical strength. I'll grant them this: with training you can get to a farely decent level in sport...their's an obvious reason they wouldn't challenge us in a contest of whits though, obviously.

One thing I noticed hear is that the contest is rigged. The Haven entered 3 athletes into every athletics event: it makes sense...gold, silver, bronze. They are the medals they ought to win, obviously, since we're better. However, all the foreigners have been playing with the kit and the computers and using fancy new drugs. They're not as honourable as us, you see. The long and short of it is that it's meant that the foreigners actually look slightly better than us at many things! Obviously, to enter a running competition you've got to be able to run very very fast, however something is just not right if some dirty, uncultured (note: at this point Mr. Melt's secretary was seen to whisper into his ear) foreign competitor, looks as good as one of their natural betters. Obviously, the foreigners have been up to their old tricks, probably with nasty foreign food.

Moving on, we had swimming earlier, and I was lucky enough to get to the aquatics centre. I work for the press, I got a pass, you didn't. That means I get to see it, you get to read me talking about it. Well in this one things were a bit better. We had George Sopas winning a medal, a gold one at that, and he actually broke the world record. That proves conclusively that Vakolicci bodies, a particularly fine example of which is owned by Mr. Sopas, can beat foreign trickery. Foreign trickery, ladies and gentlemen, firmly shoved in its place by Mr. Sopas who should be considered a national hero. God on him.
Again in the pool, we got another medal which showcases what Vakolicci can do when they work together in a team. That's one guy swimming, then another, then another, then another. It's called a relay when you do it in a competition, think of it like 4 mates making sure a lane stays free for one of them when the pool's busy. Well, they showed how we can do that better than anyone else, by winning a medal as well.

Now we go to ladies boxing. The Haven is a very multicultured and progressive society, apart from in Velstrania (Note; Velsturman do not consider themselves Vakolicci), and Celeria (the Celari also not being Vakolicci.) So we've no problem with women hitting each other (or themselves) if they think it's fun. Isn't it good that we're so open minded?
Anyway, that payed off, since Mary Tossenger brought home a gold in grand form, proving that it's ntt just Vakolicci men who can defeat foreign trickery: the women can do it as well.

So, overall, tforeign trickery is currently ahead by over a hundred medals to 3, if you consider Jean-Luc Gordavris a celari, which I do. It just goes to show that since foreign trickery is so high, and foreign skill is still on zero, when the foreigners are as honest as us, we still win! However, those dirty foreigners are never honest, so why do I even bother?

Join me next week as I ask 'How are foreigners to blame for the rain?'

(Editor's note:
Mr. Mereil (second district, province of Venuria) is a member of the Havensschkorpal, and the only representative of the fringe 'Unify the Haven, conquer the world' party, often thought to be both extreme and stupid. We agree, so have published the solemn writings of this idiot for the world to se.)
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:28 am

DEP. OF STATE SECURITY ARCHIVAL REFERENCE #08404
RE: PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILING OF REMAINING OLYMPIC ATHLETES
LL: CONFIDENTIAL
SR: BOYAN BORIMECHKOV, SENIOR LIEUTENANT
RR: NODE 401

The following report has been drafted following a request by the Sports Committee,
the Department of State Security Foreign Investigations Office and the Foreign Affairs
Committee. The conclusions in this report have been thoroughly accorded with the
sports-technical staff of the Olympic delegation and should be considered authoritative.

The Bulgarian Olympic Delegation, as registered by the Olympic Committee, consisted of 98
athletes competing in 15 sports. Sixty-five of those athletes have served in peasant
revolutionary combat units, and thirty-one have served in regular National People's Liberation
Army units. One is a Department of State Security junior member and one is a higher Party
member. NOTE: The latter's Party status is currently on probation on disciplinary grounds.

The delegation consists of a number of inexperienced junior athletes for whom this is
the first Olympic participation in their career. These athletes were sent to receive practical
experience in top-level sporting events and were not expected to outperform most of their
peers. A smaller component of the delegation, however, consists of experienced, groomed
and thoroughly prepared athletes, most of whom were expected to obtain a medal.

The sports where intensive practice under NPLA care was carried out were weightlifting,
shooting, wrestling, boxing and indoor volleyball. A separate training camp had been
set up for the track and field athletes, especially in long distance running, discus throwing,
pole vaulting and high jumping. Assessments show that 14 of our athletes in record-bearing
events were capable of results close to Olympic records, especially weightlifting and running.
Another 69 of our athletes defeated their personal bests during the training camps.

However, the current situation has us with only a handful of athletes in the heaviest
categories of weightlifting, boxing and wrestling and a few track and field athletes with
high chances of success. Furthermore, top-ranking athletes Asen Nikiforov (running), top
weightlifter Ivan Grigorov, Radina Vulcheva, Bilyana Margova did not finish due to external
factors, while Zhivko Georgiev was disqualified. Preliminary assessment of Georgiev's
case shows that the disqualification was correct; however, Margova and Vulcheva both
failed to finish in the same race, while Nikiforov and Grigorov were thoroughly prepared
it is highly unlikely that they would fail to finish. It is these incidents in weightlifting
that prompted the State Security investigation of the events.

PsyOps officers Marinkova, Yasenski and Petkova continue to instruct the remaining
athletes and improve their psychological condition before the remaining events take
place. Conditioning emphasises diminishing of the possibility of loss, anger channeling
patriotism, biofeedback to optimise physical performance based on psychological
parameters. Results are already showing, but additional mental and physical training
is required.

We are also preparing a list of all referees and Olympic officials. Once the technical
intelligence assignments of the operation have been completed, we will re-assess the
situation and prepare the necessary responses.

Please keep this channel open for follow-ups.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:16 pm

John Humph did not believe in boots.
John Humph did not believe in training.
John Humph believed in sensible shoes.
John Humph did the decathlon in sensible shoes.
John Humph's opponents in the Haven did not.
John Humph is Havenic decathlon champion.

Maria Schtenko does not believe in wrestling with clothes on.
Maria Schtenko believes in wrestling without clothes on.
Maria Schtenko wrestles without clothes on.
Maria Schtenko's opponents wrestle with their clothes on.
Maria Schtenko is Havenic wrestling champion.

Robert Strong did not believe in drinking water.
Robert Strong believed water was only for weaklings.
Robert Strong is not weak.
Robert Strong is strong.
Robert Strong likes his name.
Robert Strong drinks beer.
Robert Strongs opponents drink water.
Robert Strong is Havenic wrestling champion.
Robert Strong is Havenic weightlifting champion.
Robert Strong is Havenic poll vault champion.
Robert Strong is Havenic Hammer throw champion.
Robert Strong is Havenic shot put champion.
Robert Strong is probably champion at other things as well, I can't remember.
Robert Strong is very strong.

These words of wisdom brought to the world by 'Things you didn't need to know about Havenic Olympians who are very good,' prepared by Josen Sekal, age 8.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Wray
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wray » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Taken from sportswatch.co.wr

Guest Spot: Harrison McKenzie

Harrison McKenzie, 30, is a freelance sports journalist from Cartersburg, who has written for numerous national newspapers and magazines, as well as his blog, State of Play, mostly on the topics of cricket, rugby, the Olympics and self-loathing. He lives and works in Cartersburg.

It's good to be back on the Olympics beat. The WOA had me doing some stuff during the Orean and Kytler Bay Games, but clearly I was doing something wrong because the call didn't come when the XI Games rolled around in Electrum. I've done some work for some city papers, primarily on the swimming, although it's been pretty dry stuff, no space to allow my considerable wit to demonstrate itself. But that's not to say I wasn't disappointed - getting paid to watch and write about sport will be good whatever the guise - hell, I'll write for the Albion City Review* if it means I can watch some high quality hockey.

I have indeed been able to see some high quality hockey during these Games. Wray's men, captained by the shiny-headed Chris Warnes, have reached the semi-final of the men's competition after beating Mattijana 2-1 in the quarter finals. The Green-and-Whites moved the ball about with textbook speed and precision, maintaining a high degree of energy throughout the 60 minute encounter. Brad Hayward scored a first quarter penalty, which was doubled by Adam Weidermann in the 3rd quarter. Toni Muller scored a consolation for Mattijana (reminds me of a mate I had back at college, Matty Hannah - small world (or is it a big world?)) with two minutes left, but it was never in doubt for Wray.

Rugby Sevens has made it's debut appearance at the Olympic Games, much to my delight. However, the WRB prevented any club professionals from turning out for the Sevens team, despite some like Ashton Williams, Connor McKechnie and Sam Wyles all declaring their interest. As a result, our squad was not as strong as it theoretically could have done. They were third in their group, which meant they entered the totally meaningful spoon competition, or whatever it was. I don't get why 7s competitions have the tradition of trying to place every goddam side - we want to know who won, and sometimes it's funny to know who was the worst, but I really don't give a shit about who came 17th. Wray broadcasting was torn - they wanted to broadcast meaningful rugby, but also show the Green-and-Whites. So we saw Wray's games, intersected with tries from quarter-final games - so we missed large portions of both games, which wasn't ideal for any party. Wray overturned Paputu in the 9th-16th place ranking quarter-finals, then Kriegseiren in the semis, 26-12, then defeated East Saintland in a titanic 9th-10th place playoff by the same scoreline. So Wray finished 9th, which is respectable, considering the squad and the strength of competition. Liventia got pasted in the 7th-8th place playoff, which brought a smile to my face, whilst the Licentian Isles took gold.

Wray have got a nice set of gold medals to their name - 5 to be precise. It's quite a small haul, but considering the top ranked nation, Electrum, only has 9, it's a decent showing. I've been fortunate enough to see three of them - I saw Louis Massola win his first and second of the Games from the pundits gantry, which definitely ranks alongside some of my favourite Olympic moments. The folks back at home certainly agree with me - 68% of households in Wray tuned in to watch his 100m butterfly victory. But whilst Massola has had success, some of our other names have had less - namely, Grace Spencer, my eternal enemy. Cutting a long story short, I always thought she was arrogant and self-centered beyond the level acceptable for a sportswoman, but ceded some ground after she won Olympic gold - ground which I still give to her. She failed to qualify on all fronts for her freestyle and relay events, marking a very disappointing Games for her. Oh, and she was our flagbearer, which was kinda weird considering our bearer has been the same for 6 years. I doubt Gracie will get the next gig, so I'm wondering who it'll be - neither Blair Hamilton nor Craig Overton will still be about, so that eliminates those two medal grabbers. Maybe Massola, maybe someone else - it's not my shout (and I'm glad for that, because I don't really know).

Our other two golds have come first in the Women's Team Sprint in the velodrome - we seem to have a habit of springing surprise victories on the track with our sprint teams. Jackson Marsh and two other guys no-one can remember beat the Wild brothers (and one guy who no-one can remember) in an electric race in Kytler Bay four years ago, and this time Kellie Fallon, Alicia Rabinowicz and Stephanie Wyles did, Fallon taking on the Jackson Marsh role, in that she'll probably be the only one we remember in four years time. The second gold was won on the rowing lake, in typical gritty Wray fashion, by Erica Philips-Price and Tayla Enright, in the Double Sculls. I didn't manage to see this one, but the highlights told me the girls did exceptionally to dig deep and hold on for the gold. I've got great admiration for rowers - apparently it ranks pretty highly on the 'It Hurts' chart for sports, at least according to the guys who did it whilst I drank beer on the riverbanks at college in 'Burg. Well, either that or rowers were exceptionally wussy, but considering I saw Nick Zanitis step on a nail and not flinch at all as we drove him to the hospital would make me think they're made of sterner stuff.

We've also had medal success on horses, which is kinda cool. I don't know whether I agree with horses being in the Olympics, but if they weren't, the Equestrian wouldn't be much of an event. It's difficult to tell exactly how much work the horses do, and how much the people did. I had a girlfriend who was a keen horse-rider and she would talk of the 'human-horse bond, silent communication'. Yeah, so that's why she still rides horses and she's no longer my girlfriend. Anyways, our team dressage team, with Tom Saxon, Amy Byrnes and Rohana Mills-Murray, belle of Brendan Matthews, won silver, whilst Saxon won individual silver. I'll be honest, I never knew we could ride horses in Wray, especially not in fancy dressage garb. It's definitely the most unsportsmanlike clothes they wear at the entire Olympics - I'd like to see the 10,000m runners do it in tails and a top-hat. Elsewhere we've taken some interesting medals, particularly weightlifting. We've never entered weightlifters before, but they've come back with a clutch of medals. I always thought it the preserve of sweaty communist or ex-communist nations, where men (and women) are hardened by years of yam harvesting and forced labour. I stand corrected, as we won 2 silvers and a bronze. Although there was still a lot of sweat involved (but no communism). We also won a brace of medals in judo, and a couple of coppers in rowing, canoeing and swimming. Look out for a couple more when sprint kayaking gets underway, and we could nab a couple as athletics continues - collegiate sensation and media-unmissable S-J Barrett is into the 400m final and could spring a surprise.

*You can find my contact details on my blog. I will work for money and/or food.

Ndaku
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ndaku » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:55 pm

International Football || Association Football || NPL || Tennis || Track and Field || Volleyball || Swimming || Olympics || Handball

Thursday 18 August 2110

Five Ndakene champions so far, and counting

AEROPAG - The Ndakene delegation at the 2110 Aeropag Games are continuing to impress and truly astound the world as Ndaku so far stands at 11 medals, 5 of those are gold, 1 silver, and 5 bronze. Hence, 5 Olympic champions were from Ndaku.

These champions, as they are still in Aeropag cheering on and inspiring their compatriot athletes, don't realize the impact they have done on Ndaku's athletic youth and hopefuls. There was a remarkable atmosphere in the Lumumbaville fan zone as live coverage of the women's Women’s 10 m Air Rifle was being broadcasted, featuring the soon-to-be champion Isabella Ferro and bronze medalist Enora Michon. Finishing with a final score of 207.6 points, surpassing the national record as well as the Olympic record, Ferro became the first female Ndakene and first Ndakene to win an Olympic tournament in their discipline.

This truly heightened Ndakene confidence during these Games as Aeropag expected thousands of more Ndakenes to watch the live Games from the stands.

21 year old Geneviève Tissot became the most popular Ndakene athlete after winning the Women’s 200 m Individual Medley, being the first woman to win a medal and Olympic champion in any aquatic discipline. Swimming was and still is one of Ndaku's most anticipated sports, thus winning the golden moment meant a whole lot for Tissot. She virtually became a sporting celebrity over night. Her young career, as many would suspect, has truly started off right!

Geneviève Tissot in the Women’s 200 m Individual Medley

In day 5 of the Games of the XI Olympiad, Ndaku's bid for a third golden medal finally came true after Simon Clairmonte, now a Men’s 90 kg Olympic champion in Judo, defeated Mika Illicic of Mattijana. Both black belts in the sport, it was definitely a difficult but very entertaining match to watch. Keeping in mind that both of these men are black belts, somehow Clairmonte managed to pull off a Perfect Throw, instantly winning the match and claiming the gold medal. It's very rare to witness black belts perform Perfect Throws on each other, especially in a 90 kg match! Clairmonte became the first Ndakene man and Ndakene to win any martial arts international championship and Olympic championship.

Ndakene men began to have their Olympic names known after Ndaku's bid for yet another golden medal became unexpectedly a reality after Tiyamike Randall became the first Ndakene man to win a Men’s Individual in archery. After day 7, two Ndakene women held Olympic championships and so did two men.

25 year old professional gymnast Gaultier Arnold earned yet another gold medal for Ndaku after claiming the men's Trampoline Gymnastics championship, making him the first Ndakene male gymnast and Ndakene gymnast to win any international gymnastics tournament. After his winning score of 62.740, he told NdakuSports and the rest of future Ndakene gymnasts in the midst of tears, "right before the final was about to begin, as I was making preparatory warmups, Viktor Salaberu with his Vekaiyun gymnastics glared over our team and I could make out the words 'they will go nowhere, they're amateurs'. Well, I gave it my best shot, and here I am with a gold medal, and interesting enough they didn't earn anything. This is an important lesson, that you should always set forth your heart for every ambition you have. If anyone tells you 'you can't do it', just know, that you CAN do it."

NdakuSports will broadcast the men's tennis gold medal match between Ndakene runner up Martin Bond and Britonish Leo Garry. There has been an extraordinary anticipation towards this match as it's between two Ultimaversian players. Ndaku and Britonsea have had a rivalry in tennis, and Ndaku has caught up in the ranks while the Britonish remained stagnant. Will Martin Bond earn the Ndakene bid for the 6th gold medal, or will he earn Ndaku's second silver? We'll see; stay tuned to NdakuSports-Tennis!

Related trending sports news

Ultimalympics: Ndaku to announce a 200+ delegation at the first ever Seasonal Ultimalympics
Olympics: Ndaku leads in the Ultimaverse gold rush
Handball: Ndaku's first ever international handball tournament to commence
'Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.' (II Timothy 4:1-5 NKJV)

Non-denominational Christian. Savopia is my WA puppet nation. Feel free to telegram me!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Lockerroom.leaks

In the locker room...

Leo Garry walked in to the locker room, where he would lay his bag and other valuables before getting it locked away. Ricardo Toli came in to the room, and sat down next to his bag. Here is a leaked conversation between the two;

"So, how are you doing?" Ricardo asks.
"I am doing quite well, thanks for asking" Leo Garry responds.
"Are you sure - you don't seem it. Don't you feel anything?" Ricardo questions.
"Well, I am a bit worried. I think Martin is going to win the title" Leo sighs.
"Hey, buddy, why do you think this?" Asked the curious Ricardo.
"Well, he's been on top form lately, and, I am not sure whether I can live up to expectations"
"Hey listen, you could come the Olympic Champion" Ricardo says.
"I understand that, but everyone is saying that it will be Ndaku 's 6th gold."
"No, no. Not if you dream about it. You can do it." Ricardo punches him, you can hear the punch on the sound file.
"Ouch" Leo Garry chuckles.
*Watery noises*
"Thanks for the support" Leo Garry laughs.
"It's my pleasure. Hey, are you looking forward to the International Tennis Cup or whatever..."
"Um, not really. Not looking forward to going to Ceni, again. Always seem to do badly."
"You need some self esteem." Ricardo retorted.
"What do you mean?" Asked Leo, "I have a lot of self confidence."
"Not really"
"Can you just tell me what you mean?"
"No, you're just going to have to work that one out. Yourself." Says Ricardo.
"What about the US Summer Games, Ultimalympic Games?" Asks Leo Garry, "You in?"
"Hm, yeah. I'll give it a shot. I'm hoping Martin Bond signs up for that. Seems like it'll be held in Kannap."
"Kannap isn't even Ultimaverse."
"Yeah, well, it's open to associate invited nations too, and it seems Kannap will make fit hosts." Ricardo says proudly.
"If Martin Bond beats me today, I am going to make sure I get my revenge, you know." Leo thought aloud."
"How are you going to do this?" Asks Ricardo.
"US Summer Games, NSTT Grand Slam. I dunno, hit him where it hurts" Leo bursts in to anger.
"Go for it, however, you better hope I'm not in that final in the US Summer Games" laughs Ricardo.
"Yeah, Yeah"
"Okay, well. My match starts."
*squeaky noises are heard*
"Good luck" Ricardo coughed.
"Thanks man. Olympic Champion?"
"Olympic Champion" Ricardo replied.

Listen to the Rugby Team in the locker room.
Listen to Elizabeth Quehall slag off NSTT
Listen to Britonish Officials slagging of Aeropag

>Still trailing in the regional league.
>Estogium to reveal similar delegation to Olympic Delegation size, in hope to top medal tally.
>Estogium US Summer Games to be revealed in the next week.
>Estogium may host some events, first multi sports held in Estogium?
>Britonisea and Izmedu: World Hit Festival 26 shocking conclusion?

What are those noises during the conversation? What is there masterplan? Something is going to happen...
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Archbishop 'Prays' for Vekaiyun Athletes
Reporting for V3 News Services, Rin Slakori

AEROPAG - Archbishop Venyi Lukistrovi offered up prayers today for Vekaiyun athletes "at home and abroad" today during noon mass in the Cathedral of the Seven Sacraments in Eldura. The archbishop usually performs a half-hour mass at this location which is routinely populated by about one thousand devout Vayan Catholic followers during any given weekday. The archbishop will sometimes lead the Divine Chaplet, chanted at 1500 VST during every weekday as well. While the topics usually cover the mysteries of the Vayan Catholic faith along with various parables and blessings, the archbishop decided to spend time addressing the athletes themselves.

"...For the safety and security of those abroad, specifically those competing in international competition for all nations, those competing for excellence using the talents You bestowed upon them, for their overall health and well-being as they train and hone their skills, for the safety and security in returning home, Lord, hear our prayers." The congregation responded with an emphatic "hear our prayers."

"I'm not much of a sports fan," the archbishop addressed during the following sermon with a focus on humility, "but I can't help to be somewhat intrigued at the passion of these young men and women, and yes, especially those from Vekaiyu. One thing I've been asked by several fans... who shall remain nameless... is to pray for a victory. 'Pray for a medal!' They will glibly proclaim. 'Pray for our swimmers to do well' 'Pray for extra strength as our weightlifter lifts the weights high above his or her head!' 'Pray that we give our runners an extra step... so they may win... their race.' Brothers and sisters, it is not our place to ask for these things. Yes, it is true that St. Paul did indeed tell us to bring our prayers to the Almighty through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, I must caution the zealous fan. It is noteworthy that in many prayers offered by St. Paul and other saints in their writings that they often offer selfless prayers concerning the well being and wisdom of others, prayers emanating from transformed hearts and appropriate joy. As we venture through sanctification, our prayers will move away from selfish desires like a team victory or some kind of medal and will move outward toward other more pressing needs. And there are plenty of needs around us which outweigh some kind of award in a sports competition."

The archbishop closed this section of his sermon with, "And in all things, ensure that you are praying for the will of the Almighty, and not your own will, to be done." He then moved on to appropriate prayer and how that ties in with humility. V3 News Services tried to interview Archbishop Lukistrovi, but he declined. "In all one does, pray," he responded.

The Cathedral of the Seven Sacraments is one of the oldest cathedrals in Eldura, slightly older than the other well-known Cathedral of St. Aiya, which houses the Tangible Remains of St. Aiya, which are among the holiest of artifacts in the Vayan Catholic Faith. St. Aiya is the Patron Saint of Vekaiyu and founder of Vayan Catholicism.
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:20 pm

MARTIN WENTEY
The alphabetical medal tally: what next, participation trophies?
Feckless millenials will ruin the Olympics

I made a staggering discovery yesterday as I checked the official Olympic website to see how Kelssek is doing. Now, I have barely watched the Olympics because all the advertising about a "world without borders" and the corporate advertising elite shoving multiculturalism down our throats is horribly nauseating.

Not to mention that it misses the point of sport entirely – it’s not about sportsmanship (and I could write another column about how the feminist conspiracy wants to eliminate that hallowed concept) or just showing up to take part and being happy to be there. It’s about fighting to place higher and higher in a merciless competition that weeds out the wheat from the chaff.

Sport, especially international sport, puts everyone from every nation on a perfectly meritocratic footing, gives them all an equal shot under the same rules, and pitilessly determines who is better. There is no room for “accommodations” or “affirmative action”, in fact minorities often do quite well at the Olympics, where they’re free of the overbearing and infantilizing interventions of the bleeding-heart brigade.

The liberal-socialist agenda cannot stand the idea of winners and losers, of course, and neither can the feckless youth of today, the most coddled generation in history. Scarily, this generation is getting into positions of power without having been forced to face reality. Now it’s reached the Olympics too.

Yes, this was my staggering discovery – there is no ranking of nations on the medal tally. When you load the page, all the countries are listed alphabetically. This is only the first step, obviously, to eliminating the whole idea of competition completely. Already they’re not awarding medals in some of the events, like American football, which has been completely emasculated by this “first place”, “second place” nonsense.

In a way this isn’t a surprise. These kids were raised on participation trophies and eveyone getting a ribbon. Their helicopter parents hovered over them constantly, pandering to junior’s every need. They’re so lazy and dependent that they need self-driving cars and quinoa bicycles because they can’t handle the responsibility of controlling their own route in life.

What we are seeing are exactly the consequences of giving the world over to infant “adults” who complain about everything and accomplish nothing. This staggering failure of parenting has birthed weak-willed generation who have no sense of proportion and, as one psychology expert says, irrationally catastrophize everything, seeing any obstacle as the end of the world and exaggerating the impact of minor problems.

It is not surprising, and actually truly frightening, that this is where the Olympics are going now. Soon there will no longer be “accomplishment”, that’s too harsh and “exclusionary”. This is the generation about to inherit the Earth, ushering in a dark future where everyone in society is treated with equal respect no matter who they are or what they look like.
Last edited by Kelssek on Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Day 10 results are now available (part 1 · part 2 · part 3 · part 4).

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Postby West Phoencia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:26 am

Terrible Days for 2 Sport hopefuls......

The Winning streak of the West Phoenician Softball team came to an end today when they lost against Ethane 7-2 . Knocking them from the top spot in the pool they have held throughout their matches.
They go into the Semis in from second place souly due to run difference. They take on Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas who ranked third in their pool.
The nation has high hopes that the gals will bring home gold. Extra training has been conducted and a strong focus has been on tighter fielding and stopping their competition from gaining to many easy hits.
The girls are ready to defend their honour with ensuring Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas do not progress.

Meanwhile the Men's Baseball also had a lost. Against West Angola 1-4. A loss quite frankly that should not have occurred causing West Phoenicia to have to continue on to ensure they stay in the top 4 while giving West Angola a pass to the Semi-Finals.
West Phoenicia fans were outraged that the Men's baseball would rest their best DH, feeling he was not needed against a team they saw as inferior.
The same mistake will not be repeated as the rested DH is now available to bring victory to West Phoenicia in the next match.

In other sports of the day;

Kudos goes out to Nadia Bosnia and Daria Primary who currently sit in 9th for Synchronized swimming duet

After races 6-8 in the Women's Skiff Susana Salvador/Diorella Kerr are sitting pretty in third place.

Tim Bain progresses to the Semi-Finals in the Men’s 110 m Hurdles.

Myra Defence progressed in the Women’s Discus Throw.

Inga Horn of the Women’s C-1 500 m moved ahead to the finals.

Praises go out from all of West Phoenicia with high hopes for these players and their next matches.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:56 am

Lucy Eagle has done it! Shes actually done it! Shes won silver for Tobiasia! Just losing gold by 0.02 seconds. Gutting it wasn't gold but it's still silver for Tobiasia!! What a great 400m sprint.
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:28 am

From the rolling news channel SuperBusiness.

"...leading to terrifying scenes as Mr Snuggles batted a ball of wool inches from Muffy-yuffy-wum's nose. Once more, we ask, is the world of competitive kitten aww-ing too dangerous?

"Keeping with the theme of intense sporting action, the Olympic Games are still ongoing in Aeropag, where our special correspondent Ashlee Hollis has another news update for us - and Ashlee, I gather it's a big one?"

"Yes indeed Ron, big day at the Olympics for the Hannasean Federation. Jenae Wilmer leapt - or rather, tumbled - into the record books as the most successful Hannasean Olympian of all time, doubling the nation's silver medal haul by placing second in the women's balance beam final."

"What about the routine impressed the judges?"

"Jenae is not the most graceful of the Hannasean gymnasts and there were some deductions for missed connections that perhaps in time she might look back on as costing her a chance for gold, but her athletic tumbling and muscular upper body strength is beyond doubt. Some of her elements, including a full twist into front handspring, will have helped with a high difficulty score that meant the execution marks didn't need to be stratospheric to compete, and when she landed her dismount, a double somersault, she would have known she was in real contention."

"I didn't understand a word of that Ashlee."

"You would not be alone in the NS Olympics then, Ron."

"Quite true. Now, more good news from the hockey?"

"Absolutely, a very confident performance from a team that's been a little inconsistent over the course of the tournament, but here, against The Sarian, they put everything together here: goals from set pieces, with yet another Mckenzie Willoughby drag-flick penalty corner, and Kaelyn Royce deflecting in another from a clever piece of stick-work; goals from open play, Royce picking up another after latching onto a fantastic long cross from Mia Bancroft, who's yet to score but has been hugely impressive all tournament with her inventive skill and sharp reverse stick hits, and Amber Spence netting a late finisher to truly close things down, brilliant bit of individual skill from Amber. And solid defense, a couple of decent saves from Spring Blythe but largely untroubled as Tatyanna Matthews and Yasmine Virgo, replacing the injured Charmaine Banner, kept things very tight."

"So a semi-final place is the outcome of all that?"

"Mhmm, yes. It means two bites at the cherry to win a medal. Obviously they will want to beat Kernansquillec and progress to the final, but they're going to be very tough opposition, a strong side. Should they lose, they'd still have a shot at bronze, against Mattijana or Eastfield Lodge."

"And the worst they could finish would be fourth?"

"Yes, but that really would be the worst!"

"Other than potentially finishing fourth, what have we got to look forward to?"

"I think the two big remaining events will be Jenae Wilmer's floor final. Not her strongest apparatus but she did so strongly in qualifying, with the judges seeming to rate her acrobatic tumbling over some of the more interpretative and artistic performances, and boosted by the confidence of already winning an individual medal. And then, the next day, flag-bearer Tansy Marchand will finally have a chance to strut her stuff in the taekwondo."

"Ashlee, I'm sure millions of Hannaseans will be tuning in to see if one woman can kick another woman in the head. Thank you.

"Let's keep the sport theme rolling now. There's a big debate in Hannasean university sports about whether the "designated hitter" rule in baseball should be abandoned, on the grounds that it is inherently sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and Islamophobic. Here to debate the issue, we have a baseball fan, Imogen Daly, and a self-identified genderfluid polysexual cucumberkin, Spencer Fowler. I wonder if we can guess which side of the issue they will be taking..."
Last edited by Hannasea on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kernansquillec
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kernansquillec » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:58 am

Sent: Sunday 16th August 2059, 18:44
To: KRN-delegation-AeropagXI, KRN-staff-AeropagXI
Cc:
Subject: News Bulletin

Dear Athletes and Coaches,

Firstly, the NOC sends its congratulations to women's heavyweight boxing bronze medallist Daniella Whitsitt and the pairing of Andreas Bork and Patience Hohl who defeated their opponents in the bronze medal playoff to finish third in the mixed doubles tennis tournament, making it Kernansquillec's second ever tennis medal in as many days.

Secondly, the NOC is pleased by a number of team performances, with the men's handball team joining the women's team in the quarter-finals following a decisive 29-21 win over rivals Taeshan, while the women's hockey team sealed a semi-final tie against Hannasea with a 4-2 win over Fluvique.

Thirdly, just to underline how pleased the NOC is with the performances of the delegation so far, our statistics gurus have realised that after the tenth day of competition, we have won as many gold medals in Aeropag as we did medals in total in Lasft. It's quite simply amazing and we will be hoping the delegation keeps up such impressive performances as we continuing heading towards surpassing the 40 medals and 10 gold medals of the Lasft Games that would make this Kernansquillec's finest sporting hour. The delegation also sits fourth as things stand.

Fourthly, athletes who have yet to collect their mail at the lobby are advised to do so quickly. While the front desk is able to keep some mail for some time, it won't be able to keep hold of it indefinitely. So unless you'd rather your letters were opened, any valuable items taken and the rest destroyed by some nameless bureaucrat, you'd best pick them up. A list of those with letters is available at the lobby.

Finally, attempts to claim that medals won by teams can as multiple medals in order to claim the night of free boozes do not work Beulah Keef so please stop calling me. While technically we didn't go into details, the Kernansquillecan delegation is hardly a democratic state with a rule of law. There is only one law, mine (*corrupted by power laugh*).

Good luck for the upcoming events, the whole of Kernansquillec is behind you,

Kindest regards,

Isabella Pinkton
Head organiser of the Kernansquillecan delegation to the Aeropag Games
Kernansquillecan National Olympic Committee
104, boulevard du Faisan - K1580 KERNANSQUILLEC CITY
Tel. (+22) 1 27 52 66 07
Winners of the 17th Rugby Union World Cup
Domestic Newswire ~ Football: 66th ~ UICA: 44th ~ Handball: 3rd
WANT A KIT? K KITS CAN HELP

Runners-up at Copa Rushmori XXI and at the XIV Handball World Cup
3rd Place at the WSWC I
4th Place at the 42nd Baptism of Fire & 19th Di Bradini Cup
Qualified for the 57th, 73rd and 74th World Cups

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:44 am

Centralis Herald - Comment - Miranda Lawrence

Why Electrumite athletes are the best in the world: and why your nation isn't

Would you just look at that medal tally? Just which nation is on top? Again? For the third Olympic Games in a row, Electrum is sitting pretty on top of the medal tally. There's is only a singular reason why we are so good: Well disciplined athletes who ignore the debuachery and shenanigans of other delegations. The reason why inferior nations such as those Haven/Vakolic/Celeria, whatever they call that nation, and Kernansquillec are under Electrum is that their athletes are so deluded in performing in immoral activities that they can't focus on the sport, and therefore do worse. The Coalition of Immorality will therefore, be doomed to continue their losing ways for the times to come.

It is not surprising to see officially endorsed messages from the Kernansquillec National Olympic Committee, from a harlot named 'Isabella Pinkton' said amongst other things saying that: "would not object to athletes exposing themselves in front of members of the Archregimancy and Electrum delegation" and "members of the delegation who succeed in seducing a member of the Archregimancy or Electrum delegations will receive a bag of penis-shaped sweets." It is not surprising to see that those tactics have failed, as I've only reported on it just now, despite this supposedly going on for many days now. It's just disappointing to see Kernansquillec resort to these tactics to 'gain an edge' (even though it hasn't, otherwise I'd be complaining about it), but then again, that's what inferior nations have to do: knock down greater, superior nations who are just better than them.

It's really a case of tall poppy syndrome really. They see a really successful nation like ours, and immediately act like we should be disparaged or discredited because of just how good we are. Let us remind them that we treated them fairly and with hospitality when they were in Electrum for the Multiverse Games I. I find it quite contemptuous that a person in that position would be allowed continuously to destroy the sporting values of sportsmandship and Olympism in the Olympiad, but that's what we have here: an extraordinary circumstance where the 'Head organiser of the Kernansquillecan delegation' is trampling over the values of the sport. For shame. No other Olympic Committee chef de missions has acted in such a contemptuous manner like this specimen.

But another nation which has resorted to such taunting tactics is the North Eurasian Unified Sporting Team, a motley confederation of nations who decided that they rather have all the kooks in one nation instead of split into five. In an incident after the sprint semifinals, Kacper Zuckermann apparently twerked on our Redd Zeeland. Well didn't Zeeland get the last laugh, winning the gold medal in the gold medal race against Zuckermann! It just goes to show how our athletes don't really care about what other nations do, and that at the end of the day, we are just better than everyone. Zuckermann may well be a multiple medal winner, but Zeeland has medalled in the past three Olympic games in the same men's individual sprint event, in addition to winning three other gold medals, two in the team events and one in the short track in the Winter Olympics. Mediocre athletes come from mediocre nations.

Finally, lets turn to one of the letters to the editor in the Centralis Herald addressed to me two days ago. Apparently, I have so many letters to the editor, that only the very best get chosen to be published in the newspaper the next day. The fact that the letter from the Dutchess of Altach, of Clan Schtenko was published says a lot about the overall intelligence of those people who decide to write a letter to me. Anyways, the gist of her letter was that Coraspian athletes don't represent everyone. It smells suspiciously to me like a #NotAllAthletes argument to me. Simply put, the onus is on Celeria to remove undesirable athletes -- everyone knows that the more sinful activities you do, the worse off you do. If you don't want them to represent you, then do something about it! Stop fostering the environment that allows this activity to continue! The solution is clear and obvious.

It is not surprising that the nations who have avoided moral turpitude are the ones doing well. Electrum is doing well. Paripana Sporting Council is doing well. The Archregimancy are also doing well -- they have so far avoided their goal of winning the gold medal. I know whose side I want to be on -- the winning one. And you should be too.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:32 am

OOC: Hey guys. Since the article's bound to be really long, I'm going to be dividing it up in 3-4 posts. There will be few olympic references here and there, but for most this part this is a fun RP project that I wanted to do. Enjoy :)

In Transition : Meet Navy's First-ever Fencing Head Coach Yannick Ahn

Born on piste, he has lived a great chunk of his life competing for the sport, first as a player and then as coach and administrator. Enshrined in several halls of fame, he's now looking to write a new chapter on piste, where everything began.

OTTAWA, Out. - It's a late friday night dinner at a small downtown restaurant in Ottawa, as the living figure of Quebecois foil celebrated another successful culmination of a season. With the day being May the 4th, he entered the deeper reaches of the restaurant wearing a Darth Vader suit and a lightsabre, then opened the door. It's been an annual tradition, dating back to the 80s, for the head coach to wear an unique costume and Ahn, a history major himself, was of no exception.

Inside, teammates, alumni and his wife Ellen (nee Jo) welcomed the end of Ahn's 12th season as head coach, a challenging year with much younger squad. With Ellen informing the 41-year old of what she had ordered for him, the non-changing option of a plate of tender loza, he smiled and waved at his fencers, assistants and other people in his life before sitting down on one of the tables.

With his parents, two siblings Michelle and Laurent, and his own family of wife and 2 kids by the side, the table was a family congregation in all means. It was more than special occasion for them to gather around, since in most years he's only been here with his wife and maybe one of the kids, but they're all here for a special moment of Yannick's life today. Candles lit the tables and room as he reads the speech prepared weeks in advance; he's struggling to get through the words with his wife, while the kids are trying to play around with their grandparents and his siblings looking at him in understanding.

"Farewell may be the hardest," He struggles, with sweat forming on his palms. "But the fears are..to be...unfounded for there always...in whatever the cases..., be home for those who have each other."

With his wife by his side, he knew he's going to be fine handling another speech and handing in awards, but really the moment was giving him a lot of pressure at the moment. He decided to go to washroom break and maybe calm down before starting the dinner with opening remarks.

Two flights of climbing staircase, followed by a short distance walk to the left, led to the West Gym of the Mount Ross Secondary School. Used mostly as a practice gym, this was where many athletes from various indoor sports have spent countless hours on, including fencing. Despite its various uses, it's most well known as the home gym of the famous fencing program. The left side was covered with the school's recent banners up to 5 years ago, and the right side various human figures in equipments. The ground was covered with 4 semi-permanent pistes with indications, and at the centre of it was Yannick Ahn, 6'4, 169 pounds, almost done cleaning up the gymnasium after another after-school practice. Old and historic, not necessarily in the architectural sense (the school was opened in 1954, fairly new for schools in the region) the gym is surprisingly in fitting fashion to the 41-year old.

"41 years of my life I've fenced," he said. "One can even say I was born in here."

That may or may not be the truth, but he does have a lifelong history here. The story of this gym heads all the way back to 1980, when 28-year old Philippe Ahn was appointed the history professor at University of Ottawa. A collegiate fencer at Queen's University where he met his wife Lise (nee Gauvreau), he later worked for 4 years as an assistant coach at Farrer while working on his Master's and Doctorate degrees, one year aside when he fought in Northern Acadiana during the last year of the Civil War there. Shortly after he got married and was looking to continue coaching in the new city after marriage, when he received a potential sign of interest from Principal Jeanette Hart. After a couple of meetings and possible bureaucratic goals to overcome, he was able to draw approval in time for start in 1981-1982 season- the very season of program and also Yannick's time on his mother's stomach.

Philippe remembered the very first year on the Cougars fencing team, with notes towards his son's birth: "I remember the kids being surprised when they found out that their coach happened to be Ms. Gauvreau's husband. Remember, I was a professor with [University of Ottawa] back then. Now that's not something you see often and the timing couldn't have been more surprising for them because Yannick was born like 3 days before our home tournament, on January 21st of 1983."

With that being said the kid was born fine, and three days later was brought to the gym as the Cougars placed 5th among 64 schools / clubs competing in the nation's central region. Little did the Ahns know the that their son would live through most of the years close to then-new gym.

Like most kids those days, he grew up active and athletic playing sports, but kinda happened automatically. As a child he was brought to the gym often after the work, as his mother would teach and then father coach. "It was not my choice when I first went there." said the man who was bound to be one of the greatest fencer of his era and a successful coach, "Both my parents were teaching in their respective institutions, so my maternal grandparents had to look after me and my siblings. So dad wanted me to spend a lot of time together after his lectures, which were generally in mornings....he would bring me to the field, sometimes to his classes and then when he had coaching sessions he'd bring with me to every practice."

The confident child, reminiscent of his father, quickly showed interest and learned the game on then-wood floor gym surrounded by around a couple of dozen fencers way taller than him. But it wasn't until he was 7 that Philippe, believing that his son is too young to take up the sport, let him fence with swords. "Often the kids are not mentally nor physically ready to listen to instructions and do things correctly, or at least effectively, without costing their limbs." said Philippe, who also mentioned that the youngest age possible for entering fencing is now stated as 7 by RQFF. "Lise and I didn't want any accidents to happen with our son, and any other fencer either. No exceptions given."

But once there, the parents knew their eldest child was bound for something, and supported his pursuits early on. To fence Philippe and Lise had to cut fabrics to make whitewears and lames for the child, and make sure that the older ones would not fool fool around with him. "Producers didn't and still don't have fencing kits for little kits. Simply not enough demand." Philippe remarked.

Philippe had to watch a slightly older (okay, more like 8 years but still) family friend, Lane Ward, rise to her fame as one of his father's star pupil at a very early age. Ward, who eventually went to Universite St.Croix for further training with William Yi (his father's best friend, and legendary sabre coach on his own right), has won 9 medals in 6 Commonwealth Games she fenced in (1992, 96, 00, 04, 08, 12).

It was very motivating for Yannick and his siblings, who got instantly motivated by such a talented sabreuse. "For sure there were extremely talented fencers back in 80s for Mount Ross. But they were generally in university, whether it be Ottawa, Queen's, RMC or USC, so I wasn't as familiar with those to the likes of Yim-Yeong Seok, Adrienne Collineau or Gennady Winkler." Yannick, now smiling as he reflected those days, "For us, Lane was like a legend. Though I ended up fencing foil, it was always pleasure to watch her while growing up."

Once given permission to actually practice with blades, Yannick grew up on piste. Following the instructions of his coaches and encouragement of teammates, he survived through the program that was both competitive and developmental, with many starting from Year 9. "It wasn't a typical from-7-year-olds program in some other clubs out there, 'cause we didn't have a lot of very experienced fencers when I was a toddler. We did get more over time but the great chunk started while in Year 9 and end up with a scholarship in big-time schools by their graduation, thanks to his coaching and support. So father and assistant coaches Wilson and Yim focused a lot on that and made sure that the students would learn." He agreed that this helped him to develop fundamental skills and ways to win, a huge advantage that was bound for success in later part of his life.

At the same time, he was getting through lots of challenges ahead. He remembered a lot of fencers winning medals, occasional trophies and good sum of trophies- and few moving onto university and national level to compete and win- Yannick recalls fencing against a couple of national ranked fencers back in their high school stages: "I remember three Mount Ross alumni once visiting the gym....must've been 1995, because it's the year the QIS tournaments were hosted in Ottawa. Gee-Gees won the men's title in front of home crowd and so did both Mount Ross teams in OFSAA, so no doubt lots of alumni and current fencers were there to fence for one last time," Ahn says, as he locked the armoury door and bolstered the door once more. "I remember being on practice that day and ended up having to fence Number 1 foilist in country (Gennady Winkler) and coach Yim who also was ranked 7th in nation. Was not easy, at all."

The combination of excellence and highly competitive program with lots of alumni in program, he felt that he could do the same or even exceed them. Motivated by the success, all the way back to his first tournament when he won easily, he soon accustomed himself to challenging his limits and loving the game. Credibility and skills growing with his steady ripostes and impeccable footwork, he was well known as a fencing prodigy- Yannick, by the age of 14, made the National Cadet and Jr team, and was rumoured to be a possible Commonwealth Games champion in a matter of time. Likewise the program came along, as he gradually witnessed the rise of a small program consisting of newer fencers to that of a multi-age (currently, the youngest possible limit for community program's around grade 4), dynamic and banner-winning powerhouse.

"I remember seeing a lot of guys come and go, from being just a passionate newbie to complete fencers," Yannick recalls, as he looks over the gymnasium's board, on one section with the list of award-winning fencers. "I remember as I grew up over time, the program also got better with me and it only added to our confidence, competitiveness and results while fencing each other."

Sooner or later Michelle and Laurent joined and fencing became a part of family life. He was able to directly learn from his father and often fence against the siblings, something that only grew the bond he had with the program, his family and of course the pistes. It was therefore of no surprise that he really knew only option he liked in high school. Like those before him, on a lineage of successful fencers in Yim Yeong-Seok, Gennady Winkler (Men's Foil), Adrienne Collineau (Women's Foil) and of course Lane Ward (Women's Sabre), he was looking to captaining the squad under his father's mentorship in both high school and university level (Note: Philippe Ahn was also the head coach of uOttawa Fencing team during 1989-1997). He grew up with the gym and program, after all, so it was no surprise on him feeling that it was his turn.

"Even back then I was very confident." Ahn laughs, as he stares into the empty gym.

Everything seemed to be promising for the cadet as he entered his year 8 season. He was ranked 3rd in Commonwealth as a cadet, won the commonwealth cadet championships and went to semifinals for junior nationals. Nobody was particularly surprised, meanwhile, as the Gee-Gees brought another double of fencing titles on OUAs held that spring. With a solid core of hometown fencers, with additions from across the nation, Laurent was counting to the days when he could, after sweeping through the high school, wear the Garnet and Grey and bring the medals. Or who knows, maybe Queen's, if Philippe somehow ended up with the coaching position. "Everybody in my family knew [Philippe] wanted to coach Queen's." Michelle, the second child of the family, said. "It's where he wanted to go for school back when younger, met my mum and coach Yi and found himself not only as an academic, but also as an escrimeur. He knew if any school called, in most situations, he would go there. Far too many memories there to ignore."

Yannick also knew that Philippe was a very important figure in Ontarian fencing, and that wherever he would go, the school would come with titles. "All I remember from that OFSAAs was that lot of fencers on DEs knew my father, worked with him or played under Mount Ross or came from schools that competed very regularly against us. Okay, maybe not as evident on Epee, but for foil and sometimes sabre it sometimes happened for a Cougars graduate to face each other on like Ro16 or Quarters. With father still coaching." He said, as he turned the lights off the gym.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:51 am

The Taeshani History With Rings

http://chirb.it/hszHwq
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Fluvique
Envoy

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvique » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:03 pm

SAILING
Two new medals for Fluvique

This morning Fluvique achieved two more medals, to have fourteen in total and to make sailing the second most successful sport in the Fluviquean Olympic story, with five medals, just behind athletics, with six, and surpassing boxing and judo. Plus, now male and female athletes have won 18 and 16 medals respectively.

The first medal was won by Dennis Teàrlach in Men’s One-Person Dinghy. "It was a great race for everybody, but specially a hard battle for me. I feel really blessed to come up with a medal in the end" said Teàrlach, who was always struggling among the leaders, finally reached the podium. "I really felt the support of many people and I think that I received a lost wind from the Yellow River. I saw it and sailed towards it. Is amazing"

"We had a great team behind us, the support for the sports is bigger every Olympic cicle and this is a prize to the hard work of everybody. I had a small pressure to win a medal in sailing, but I controlled it and know we have the first medal. It was very important for us"

When medal count in sailing in this Olympics was zero, is an amazing performance to win two in one day and with a few hours of difference. In total, Fluvique has one silver and four bronze medals. Luana Van Pey was the second medalist of the day, climbing to the podium in Women’s One-Person Dinghy. While many other competitors were struggling with a change of winds, causing some mistakes and losing valuable time, the 26-years old Fluviquean took advantage to overtake every problem and gain Bronze. She said the she was very proud of her performance, especially due to be facing formidable opponents and still be in the podium.

"This is a four-year work. Every day we have trained, despite everything, led to this success" said Van Pey "This sport requires a lot of spirit and knowledge of meterology, among many other efforts. This medal is for all the people that supported and sponsored and made this possible. Is a caress to the soul see the flag in the podium. And this definitely will push me up to work harder to the next time. But now I'm so happy and this is a experience for the rest of my life"

Hockey
Chronicle of a broken dream

Those drops which still fall in a very tenuous way, remnants of the gentle rain of the first half, make the farewell even more sad. Is the end and the Fluviquean girls left their crying on the grass of the Olympic Tower. No one can comfort Nina Sneijers, "spread-eagled" on the bench. Neither Andrea Scotti, who sits in a chair while Marina Capittanni says that this is ok and that all ended. For Eugénie Lesauvage is an endless walk to the stands despite the hug of Emiliana De Snaaijer. Eva Leilah, the team leader, let Loretta Jan sink into her arms. Nina Sneijers looks and doesn't want to look the heartbreak of Paula Montero and Delia Makenna, the two younger of the squad. Everything is pain in this remote corner of the lights of Aeropag.

There was no surprise in the game. Because when they were 11 v 11 (the winner got to play with eight in the last quarter) Kernansquillec was better and thus they made sure their qualification to the semifinals. There was no room for Fluvique to show their skills, their hierarchy and to surprise Kernansquillec, still far from their best versions, were more practical and more effective. After all, the 4-2 finish was a logical reflection of what happened in the 60 minuts, beyond the courage showed by The Panthers and only the final buzzer made them surrender.

It was that lound sound that caused the most giant sadness in this Olympics. The stands, filled by Fluviquean fans, were in silence, accompanying the general sadness. The Panthers, so many other times standing with pride, fell to the grass. And that echoed through the gray sky. They left behind personal interests, their families, boyfriends, husbands, work and study. All for be here. All for The Panthers, because they feel the tricolor shirt as a part of their souls. But it wasn't enough. Again, they are part of the broken dreams picture.

BASKETBALL
The Golden Boys are in the quarterfinals

For second time in-a-row, Fluvique is in the quarterfinals of the Olympic basketball. The last bronze medalists beat Ethane by 76–66, to finish second in Group D. Now, to continue dreaming, they will face Banguela for a place in the semi-finals.

They needed a victory to avoid an early flight home and the Golden Boys played with a quiet confidence, working hard and knowing that everything is possible. Without great favorites, the Olympic gold medal race is a race with many horses of huge skills.

It was an early final, the first test of character for this team of youngsters. And they won their deserved place in the quarterfinals by a 10-point win. The hugs are not enough. The emotion is big and the fatigue too. Fluvique won an incredible match, beating nerves and his rival. A shining Severin Kerr was key to win the ticket to the next round in the last match.

Fluviquean star, Victor Lebeau, said: "We were focused in this game. It was all or nothing. Thank God it was for us. Now is time to rest, recover energies and think in the next final" And he continued: "The team has a huge hunger of glory, but we are here to fight. We are far to be the best, but we give everything in all the matches. This was the first objective. We want to defend our medal"

Carl Sheep, coach of this team, had a similar view: "The team is tired right now. But now they are thinking in the next training session, in what they are going to do at the gym, what they need and about workouts. They are animals" About the next rival, he said: "Now starts the real tournament. We trained for this match, to be able to play two more matches. We have our chances, they have theirs and is all about who team is more focused that day. We'll try the usual: protect our weaknesses and exploit our skills"

INDOOR VOLLEYBALL
The Long Ones: primus inter pares

The Fluviquean volleyball team won with authority over Vilitan Union in four sets to secure the top spot of Group C, which allow them to play with Royal Kingdom of Québec in the quarterfinales of the Aeropag Olympics Games. The sets for the team led by Miguel Angel Jantje were 25-21, 22-25, 25-20 and 25-14.

For a place in the semifinals The Long Ones will face Royal Kingdom of Québec, second in Group D with eight points after three victories and two loses. With only three sets against and fifteen in favor, the team fulfilled an excellent campaing at the Olympics, without defeats, continuing the streak from the last Games. The Olympic Champions are showing the best and their illusion to retain the crown continues
Official name: The Kingdom of Fluvique
Capital:Mevosa
Official languages: English, Spanish and French
Population: 37.403.952
GDP (PPP): $1.277 Trillion
World Cup: Qualified for Word Cup 76
Semifinalist: Games of the XI Olympiad, Cup of Harmony 66.
TheRFA.com.fq
Olympics: 10G14S22B.
Men's volleyball and Men's Field Hockey olympic champions.

"And on the sixth day, God created the parallel heaven. He called it 'Fluvique'."
-The Bible on God.
Political Compass

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:03 pm

All officials and nearly all Kriegiersien athletes have already gone home.

"We can't afford the costs to stay here", explained the person in charge of the finances from the Kriegiersien NOC, Donald McScrooge.
But the Handball and Volleyball team foiled the plans to reduce the costs.
"First they qualified and we had to bring them all here. A whole team. And now they even reached the quarter finals. In the end they will even reach the semis and, if it gets worst, winning a medal and we would have to pay them a bonus for that", complained McScrooge.

Meanwhile Valerian crowned himself to one of the best Kriegiersien Olympian with a further bronze medal in the men's vault. He is already doing a tour across Kriegiersien, opening malls, barber shops, promoting his new deodorant and his upcoming Film "From Val to Valerian - Never stop".

Despite the games still going on, on taking stock the judgment goes from "for such a small team and short preperation we have at least something in our hands" to "utterly disaster". The loss of Brie von Zart in the quarter final was just the cherry on top of a failed campaign, after beeing one of the Top 5 Nations (counting medals) at the Winter Games, this was a giant step backwards.

Even the games will go on and our greatest champions are going to Olympia afterwards, the Kriegiersien NOC will already be rebuild again for the next Olympic Games.
Winner: Championnat du monde de bandy, NS Arena Bowl, Sepak Takraw World Cup I, World Cup of Masters II

Olympic Medals:
VIII Summer Orean: 2-6-10
IX Summer Zube Kytler Bay City: 6-4-15
X Summer Centralis & Nassau Bay 7-5-12
XI Summer Aeropag 0-2-4
XII Summer Novonaya & Provinsk 9-1-7
XIII Summer Republica 13-16-16
XIV Summer Orean/Istria 22-16-18
XV Summer Terranean Coast/Bunjil 18-19-18
XVI Summer Prescott Twin Cities 11-24-25

IX Winter Olympics Arcon: 2-5-3
X Winter Baseton 1-2-2
XI Winter Prescott 3-8-7
XII Winter Prescott 1-4-5
XIII Winter Prescott 4-5-4
XIV Winter Neverend & Yeaddin 6-9-7
XV Winter Clayquot 2-2-8
XVI Winter City Centre 5-4-2
XVII Winter 1-2-1
Overall 113-124-164

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Beograd Journal Letter to Editor
Donald McScrooge is Too Cheap

Kriegiersien NOC treasurer Donald McScrooge is so cheap that he demanded all Kriegiersien athletes and officials to come back home. He is afraid of paying athletes bonuses. If your NOC is so low on funds that you're not wanting them to win, maybe you need to reconsider showing up at the Games in the first place, Mr. McScrooge. Secondly, The Moon, a local tabloid in Beograd shows McScrooge reportedly diving into a bank vault full of nearly 100 feet of money. If the pics are true, McScrooge has been hoarding all the money for himself and is little more than Scrooge McDuck from DuckTails.

Olympiad Fanatic

Uzeks Want War?

After Electrum has sat on top of the medal count and claims to be the best, our least favorite battery fluid drinking nation of Uzekia wants to declare war with a nation full of "PED using" athletes. 35 medals to 5 medals, we sit right equidistant from both with 20. But Uzeks are a bane to our nation, a leech, a scourge. And what better way for Uzeks to vanish than by losing to Electrum?

Serbian Nationalist Ratko Panic
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

PreviousNext

Advertisement