NATION

PASSWORD

First Nation States Science Olympiad (NSSO) 2016 | IC

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hirvania
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hirvania » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Prof. Alvero Hosik is very happy with the results of Hirvanian students in the NSSO 2016

Prof. Alvero Hosik, Director of the Teluk University of Hirvania, has announced after the end of the NSSO 2016 his pride of the students of his university. He said: "This is one of the greatest glories of Hirvania's history". After these words, everybody in the room stood up and started applauding and shouting his name. The great succes of Hirvanian students took them to earn for their country 2 Gold medals, 1 Silver medal, 1 Bornze medal and 3 Honourable Mentions.

Mr. Hosik also congratulated the students of Drawkland and Hindia Belanda for being the absolut winners of this contest. "These students should be an example of hard work and commitment and we are absolutely pleased that they gave their country such an important achievement" he said in his speach. "This was a very hard and competitive contest with excellent students from all around the world willing to learn and success in their life" he said proudly, "And, before finnishing, I want to say that this was an amazing experience we live thanks the nations of Irian Barat and Halliburton and all the participant nations, and we truely hope to participate in the next NSSO"

The President of Hirvania is waiting for all the students that participated to honour them with the highest title that can be given to a citizen: A medal for Sacrifice and Commitment to Hirvania.
Last edited by Hirvania on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View all my Factbooks
I'm a Proud Co-Founder of the DEUN! Are you?
Embassy Program
Hirvanian National Football League
Telegram me! I love meeting people

Ndaku
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ndaku » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:28 pm

TIG|The Interplanetary Guardian
Sports || Health || Technology || Space || Domestic Politics || International Politics || Entertainment || World || Ndaku
Sunday 24 July 2110

Ndakene Science Olympiads Finish 5th Overall

MANOKWARI - After 6 consecutive days of bad weather, and an alleged chemical explosion in the Chemistry Main Laboratory, the Science Olympiad in Manokwari, Irian Barat resumed into action. Correspondents from The Guardian asked the highest Ndakene scorer of the Chemistry Olympiad Martial Dumesnil what was or what could have been the cause of the chemical explosion that occurred. His response was "It was actually funny because someone accidentally had gummy bears near KClO3, also known as Potassium Chlorate. What a genuis! Apparently there was a little shelf above the Potassium Chlorate solution and the bag was apparently slouched in such a position that allowed gummy bears to continually fall into the solution and caused quite a bit of explosions. The lab was lit at that point. Literally."

Potassium Chlorate Gummy Bear Explosion

Ndakene Chemistry Olympiads in the theory round found themselves in a very competitive competition against other Chemistry Olympiads; in the end it was Martial Dumesnil finishing in 30th position with 50 points, the highest Ndakene scorer for this delegation. Second highest scorer was Renard Sherburne, followed by Jem Farnham, Danain Assouad, Kacey Bousaid, then Rhoda Allen. Despite finishing 6th to last in the theoretical round, Allen was determined to do the best to redeem that and ended up being the highest practical round scorer for the Chemistry delegation, with 25.2 points. Kacey Bousaid finished second highest Ndakene, then Renard Sherburne, Martial Dumesnil, Jem Farnham, then Danain Assouad. In the end of the Chemistry Olympiad, Martial Dumesnil finished with bringing a bronze medal back home! Congratulations to Dumesnil and well done to all Ndakene Chemistry Olympiads!

Ndakene Astronomical Olympiads seriously proved their worthiness, as they were among the highest scorers in the whole section. The Astronomical Olympiads from Ndaku did very well in the theory round as Eli Chapman finished first with a whopping 70.3 points, followed by Zaccharias Stidolph finishing 8th place, then third highest Ndakene scorer was Max Mathou, followed by Dominique Shelton, Gertrude De Santigo, and then Anass Sinclair. Ndakenes did relatively well in the practical round, but not as well as the theory round, as Dominique Shelton finished as the highest Ndakene practical round scorer in 8th place, followed by Zaccharias Stidolph as the second highest Ndakene scorer, followed by Eli Chapman, Anass Sinclair, Max Mathou, then Gertrude De Santigo. In the end, Eli Chapman finished second place with a gold, as well as Zaccharias Stidolph finishing 5th place with a gold. Congratulations to Stidolph and Chapman and well done to all Ndakene Astronomical Olympiads!

Ndakene Earth Science Olympiad Marci Alfarsi seriously proved her worthiness and literally dominated the Earth Science draw as she finished in first place in the theoretical round with 70.3 points. Second highest Ndakene scorer turned out to be Aurora Broadbent, followed by Myra Thwaite, Solo Turay, Tiamike Mark, then Boikai Michieka. Alfarsi continued on her march to victory in the practical round finishing second place overall with 29.4 points, just 0.3 points away from Michael Flamekeeper from Outer Dark! Solo Turay stepped up his performance notably finishing 7th place overall with 27.9 points. Third highest Ndakene scorer was Tiamike Mark, followed by Boikai Michieka, Myra Thwaite, then Aurora Broadbent. In the end, Alfarsi got the gold medal as worked so hard for and finished overall in first place with 99.7 points! Congratulations to Marci Alfarsi and well done to the rest of Ndakene Earth Science Olympiads!

In the end of this whole tournament, Ndaku overall finished in 5th place, with 4 gold medals, zero silver medals, and 3 bronze medals, amassing a total of 16 points! Well done to all NSSO Olympiads!

Correspondents of the Guardian interviewed Dr. Romain Malassis, D.Sc, on his thoughts and reflections on this tournament, as he responded: "It was definitely a tournament to remember. Our team as a whole had a blast and I truly enjoyed helping these youngsters along with working with our professors that came along to support Ndakene Science Olympiads. During the time off due to weather and the explosions, I was given the privilege to asses our Olympiads to keep them going despite the suspension. After that I promised them a reservation at a fancy Irian restaurant. I must admit, Irian food is actually very good! I really enjoyed being able to contribute to the team and our team too had a good time. I look forward to another NSSO."

Related Articles

Sports: Ndakene Mathematic Olympiads set Ndaku on a good pace
Technology: 3 Nonhuman nations develop their own kind of robotic intelligence
International Politics: Nonhuman nations condemn Ndaku's domestic anti-nonhuman aggression policies
'Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.' (II Timothy 4:1-5 NKJV)

Non-denominational Christian. Savopia is my WA puppet nation. Feel free to telegram me!

Sacheyenya
Senator

Founded: Apr 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacheyenya » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:07 pm

"Now presenting, your gold medalists; from the Tribe of Dawn, Haven Glades, and Vraeidi Blohm, for mathematics and astronomy, respectfully." As their names rang forth, and cheers echoed, the two young women stepped forward, medals raised in victory. "Your silver medalist, from the Tribe of Ghrafui, performing in biology, Lucille Emphirp." A third woman stepped forth, to equal applause. "Your bronze medalists, from the Tribe of Latvii, in Balcna, Sacheyenya, Jenée Riz, in chemistry. Naliyata Farem, from the Tribe of Jaset, in Astronomy. Alexandria Ileile, from the Tribe of Dawn, in earth science. Both hailing from the Tribe of Malkorat, both in mathematics, Gabi Rulen, and Zachary Garden." Aside from Jenée and Zachary, the entirety of the medals taken home by Sacheyenya were taken by women. Aside from Jenée, all od them were taken by natives to the Mainland, which didn't much surprise anyone.

"I feel as though we definitely were not prepared for the harsh conditions presented during the astronomy and earth science portions of the olympiad. It definitely took us off guard, but all in all we are very proud to be taking home what we have. We would like to thank our loyal hosts once more, and we hope to do even better next time. Congratulations to all of our medalists, to all the medalists of the competition, and to everyone who competed. You all did great. This is Vraeidi Blohm, Team Sacheyenya, signing off. May the gods ever bless thy paths."

Irian Barat
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Irian Barat » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:37 am

2nd International Science Olympiad "Lomonosov" (NSSO-2017) is commencing!
Dont forget to register your best teams, and be the champion!

Here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 7&t=398789

Previous

Return to NS Sports