NATION

PASSWORD

World Junior Hockey Championships XI - IC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu May 26, 2016 8:02 am

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five Part Six Part Seven

Ignorance is Bliss, Part Eight

Porcusces International Airport
Porcusces, Ceneisis
September 28, 2011

Hjalmar Carlsberg examined the pipe head that he had picked up during his second walk-around on the crash site of NQA Flight 1200. The pipe head looked just like any other pipe head in the world, and yet Carlsberg found himself strangely drawn to it. He couldn't explain why he had chosen to focus on this part instead of anything else that remained visible from the crash site. Maybe it was because it was the largest remaining piece of metal that hadn't melted in the post-crash fire which hadn't been picked up by the investigators during the first walk-around. He didn't know, and he couldn't tell even if he was asked. There were simply no words for it.

Carlsberg took a magnifying glass and looked at the pipe head through it. There was still nothing in the magnified view which told the veteran air crash investigator about why he felt that this piece was the most important piece of evidence in the investigation of the crash of NQA 1200, which had claimed the lives of most of Abanhfleft's under-21 men's and women's ice hockey teams. And yet Carlsberg was still drawn to the tiny steel pipe head, because his gut feeling was telling him that this was the one part of the plane that would make and break the case of the downing of Flight 1200.

Obviously, a simple magnifying glass probably wouldn't be enough to tell Carlsberg what exactly went wrong with the plane. So Carlsberg set aside the magnifier and instead took the piece under a run-of-the-mill microscope. As he zoomed in on the pipe head's grooves, which secured it to the turboprop engine. Based on the look of the head compared to the other myriad parts of the engine, Carlsberg determined that the pipe was most probably a fuel line connected to the engine's combustion chamber. Carlsberg increased the magnifying power of the microscope until he found something odd in the head's grooves.

Instead of a circle, the edge of the grooves keeping the head attached to the combustion chamber looked more like an oval, or more probably, an egg shape. The opening was round at one end and had a slightly elongated curve on the other. The difference between the two sides was very tiny, not enough to affect the pipe's fit to the combustor, but what if... what if...

Carlsberg walked over to his table and took out the manual for the Ivchenko AI-20, the type of engine which had powered the Antonov An-12 that had flown the doomed Flight 1200. He flipped through the pages until he found what he was looking for: the part specifications. This section listed down how many parts there were, how many parts of one type there should be, and what kinds of measurements these parts should have. This part of the manual was as vital in the proper operation of an aircraft as maintenance and pilot competence, if not even more so. Faulty and mismatched parts can and have brought down other planes in the past.

Carlsberg found the proper diameter for the interior of the pipe head, the end which was supposed to be attached to the engine's combustion chamber. He memorized the proper number, went back to the pipe head from Flight 1200, and measured the inside diameter with a vernier caliper. What he got was surprising. The pipe head from Flight 1200 was three millimeters wider than the regular pipe head.

And a light bulb went on above Carlsberg's head. Bingo, he said to himself. You've found it, Hal. You've found the one piece of evidence that will make or break this case!

But he couldn't get too far ahead of himself. Right now, what he had in his mind was just a theory; nothing more, nothing less. If he wanted to prove his theory and find out how and why Flight 1200 went down, he would have to test his theory. If his theory doesn't work, then he was going to be back to square one.
First Commercial Bank Stadium
Tesnigin, Riuwiee, Abanhfleft

The crash of NQA Flight 1200, and the deaths of all of its passengers, of which many were players of Abanhfleft's under-21 men's and women's national teams, will be firmly cemented into the Fleftic psyche for years to come. Many would mourn the needless loss of all those young souls, but the mourning would be even more pronounced in the heartland of Abanhfleft, the Capital Isles, where most of the young hockey players had lived, and where most of them had planned on playing after either getting drafted or completing their studies and signing pro contracts. But now, there was no more of that happening, as most of those promising young boys and girls were now dead in a distant field in Ceneisis--well, it probably wasn't that distant, but it certainly was very far away from the heartland of Riuwiee and Releinthi.

The crash of NQA 1200 had put the Samahang Yelong Hockey ng Abanhfleft between a rock and a hard place. The World Junior Hockey Championships were just around the corner, and Abanhfleft, after having qualified for the tournament for the first time in their history, had now lost the team that had gotten them there in the first place. With just two months remaining before the start of the tournament in faraway Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland, there was only one solution that the SYHA could think of to replace its numbers: hold auditions to make up for the numbers.

There were some players from the old team who had survived the crash by simply not being on board the plane when it went down. Tracey Peterson, the small center who had the big personality of a born leader, was one of the reserve players of the men's under-21 team and therefore not included in the training sessions in Kusavang. But, seeing as he was one of the better players from the old team still left alive, he had been given a free pass into the new team, and had even been given captaincy duties. Seo Min-ah, the ruthless sniper from Releinthi, had also survived the crash by not being in Kusavang and had been handed a co-captaincy alongside Peterson. But there were still a lot more spots in the squad to fill, and the SYHA didn't know if it had enough time to create a new team and train them in time for the WJHC.

Annie Alvarez had gone to the First Commercial Bank Stadium expecting to train with her fellow varsity hockey players alongside the Central Riuwiee Ice Sharks, but she found inside the stadium a very large number of boys and girls fully kitted out in ice hockey gear, alongside a bunch of people in black and gray suits that could only mean that they were from the government. Annie, who at 5 feet and 8 inches was certainly one of the shorter teenagers milling about in the stadium, tried to tiptoe over their heads of the teens in front of her and see what was going on inside the stadium, but she just couldn't get a look in. Annie threw up her hands in the air in frustration and walked away, just in time to see her friend, classmate and fellow varsity player Nora Sharp. "Nora!" Annie said. "What's going on? Why are there so many people here?"

"Don't you remember the announcement from Coach Brandon yesterday?" Nora asked back at Annie. "He totally told us that the SYHA is holding auditions for hockey players to, quote-unquote, fill up the ranks of the under-21 national team after the horrible events in Porcusces! You probably don't remember it because you were busy daydreaming about Ted Kawakami!"

"I was not daydreaming!" Annie retorted. "And even if I was, I wouldn't daydream about that Kawakami creep. He's a fucking Jaeger, Nora! Lotharstadt and Tesnigin don't mix!"

"Yeah, right," Nora said, trying very hard to stifle a laugh. "I could literally see the hearts popping out of your eyes when Kent traded you his Kawakami card for your spare Antonin Pokorny!"

"Will you please just shut up, Nora?" Annie said through gritted teeth. She now regretted telling Nora about her greatest, most closely guarded secret. "We're in the heartland of the Ice Sharks now, okay? I'm toast if someone finds out I've got a crush on Ted Kawakami of the Jaegers?"

"Who's got a crush on who now?" a male voice asked from behind Annie and Nora. If it was humanly possible, Annie would have jumped right up to the roof of the stadium.

"Goddamn it, Kent, don't scare me like that!" Annie said to Kent Gutierrez.

"What? I wasn't scaring you, girl," Kent said. "I just saw you two pretty ladies talking all by your lonesomes and decided that they needed some company."

"Go practice your cheesy pickup lines somewhere else, Kentucky," Nora said, referring to Kent by his original Christian name. "Now is neither the time nor the place."

"Dang it, Nora, why do you always have to bring up the K word?" Kent asked as he shook his head, even thought he couldn't stop a smile from forming on his lips.

"So, why are you all here?" Annie asked. "For the tryouts?" The word auditions just didn't seem right for a sporting contest, at least in Annie's opinion.

"No, we're here to play basketball," Kent replied. "Of course we're here for the auditions! Sometimes, Annie, you really make me wonder how you got into the team with that kind of brain."

"Well, I had to be sure, Kent. Okay, guys, let's be honest. Do you think you can get into the national team?"

"OF course not!" Kent said. "I mean, under ordinary circumstances, none of us would probably even be considered for even a spot in the reserves, but after that crash in Porcusces... Well, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures."

"Yeah, right, Mr. Benchwarmer of the under-15 national team," Annie said.

"Okay, boys and girls!" someone shouted. "Everyone who wants to try out for the national team, get in line in front of me! Whoever doesn't want to have a chance at joining the national team, go back to the sidelines and just watch!"

Annie shook her head and followed Nora and Kent to the back of the line. "Seriously, Ann?" Nora asked. "You're trying out?"

"I'm Tesnigin through and through, Nora," Annie said. "Someone has to represent Central Riuwiee if you and Kentucky over there don't make the cut."

"Hey!" Kent said at the mention of his full name.

"Besides, this is probably the only chance I'll get to impress!" Annie continued. "You know how women's hockey is in this country. You have to do super-duper extraordinarily well to get noticed, or else you'll just end up rotting because you're playing what's basically a fringe sport here anyway. And I've got an uber-big family. You know that, right? All of us have to pull our weight to support ourselves!"

"You know, Ann, that's what I like about you," Nora said, putting an arm over Annie's shoulders. "When you put your mind to something, you're gonna do it come hell or high water."

"You're a woman of convictions and principles, Annie," Kent added. "You're a real Fleftic gem now."

"Thanks for the pep talk, guys," Annie said, a little sarcastically. "I really needed to get pumped today."

But it was true. This was Annie's one chance to impress and become famous, and she will be damned if she wasn't going to take the opportunity.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu May 26, 2016 9:23 am

Explosive News: Sports
FrostFire FireIce 1–0 Ethane

World Junior Hockey Championships

Hosts out after 3 matches

3 games, 3 one-nil losses, and Ethane is out of the World Junior Hockey Championships, being hosted by them.

It was not that long ago that the team were preparing for what they hoped to be 'the breakthrough' for hockey in Ethane, which so far, has failed to arouse great amounts of interest. The team were prepared, or so they thought, to play out the long game, and at least progress out of the groups, with the home crowd behind them.

However, the opposite has happened. The aim of progressing out of the groups has gone, along with the dream of a 'breakthrough for hockey' in Ethane. Losing all 3 matches they have played, by one-nil, is testament to hockey in this nation, always 1 step away from getting anyway, but never able to grasp that final step.

This tournament also certainly failed in the 'breakthrough of hockey' ambitions that it had for the nation. Not only has the competition failed to fill the stadiums, unable to attract enough spectators from the areas around the stadium, it has also put many people off hockey, as they have seen how bad Ethane is at hockey, and go along, not wanting to be associated with the atrocious team.

So with the failure of the 'breakthrough' in Ethane for hockey, and the failure to progress in the tournament from the group stages, as the host of the tournament I might add, which is a massive humiliation for the Ethanian team, what is there left in the games remaining for Ethane?

There is not much left for the team in these remaining 2 games that they will play out, as they will serve as just formalities, with no chance left in progressing out of the groups. However, there will be one thing that the team is set upon beating, and that is the record of the youth team at the previous World Junior Hockey Championships, which were held in The Sword Bloke. Having lost 3 games already, 2 left to go, Ethane will have to either win both or win 1 and draw 1 to beat the record of the previous youth team, which only managed 1 win out of 5 games. Tjis still remains infinitely better than the adult team however, who, outside of the Olympics (which are a separate entity), have won and drawn no games.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu May 26, 2016 9:33 am

Keep your eyes shut if you might be going out this match.

Group A
Nordeana 1–0 Silver Rainbow Fumes
Ethane 1–0 Leperconia
The Sword Bloke 0–3 FrostFire FireIce

Group A                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 FrostFire FireIce 4 4 0 0 9 0 +9 12
2 Nordeana 4 3 0 1 6 2 +4 9

3 Silver Rainbow Fumes 4 1 1 2 1 2 −1 4
4 Leperconia 4 1 1 2 1 5 −4 4
5 The Sword Bloke 4 1 0 3 2 8 −6 3
6 Ethane 4 1 0 3 1 3 −2 3

Group B
Novaya Zemlya 3–0 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Joplax 2–1 Nassau-Hessen
Gregoryisgodistan 0–1 Abanhfleft

Group B                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Novaya Zemlya 4 4 0 0 17 1 +16 12
2 Abanhfleft 4 4 0 0 7 0 +7 12

3 Joplax 4 2 0 2 4 10 −6 6
4 Gregoryisgodistan 4 1 0 3 4 7 −3 3
5 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4 1 0 3 4 9 −5 3
6 Nassau-Hessen 4 0 0 4 1 10 −9 0

Group C
Cheongji 1–0 Katawohan
West-East Timor 3–0 Ontorisa
Frenline Delpha 1–2 Kaboomlandia

Group C                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 West-East Timor 4 4 0 0 10 1 +9 12
2 Ontorisa 4 2 1 1 11 4 +7 7
3 Kaboomlandia 4 2 0 2 7 7 0 6
4 Cheongji 4 2 0 2 4 8 −4 6
5 Katawohan 4 0 2 2 2 8 −6 2
6 Frenline Delpha 4 0 1 3 2 8 −6 1

Group D
United States of Devonta 0–1 The Republic of Arkan
Cauja 3–1 Esparmuran
Ficiscia 1–0 Elejamie

Group D                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Ficiscia 4 3 1 0 10 4 +6 10
2 Cauja 4 2 1 1 7 6 +1 7
3 Elejamie 4 2 0 2 7 4 +3 6
4 Esparmuran 4 2 0 2 4 6 −2 6
5 The Republic of Arkan 4 2 0 2 6 9 −3 6
6 United States of Devonta 4 0 0 4 1 6 −5 0
Last edited by Ethane on Thu May 26, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Silver Rainbow Fumes
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Silver Rainbow Fumes » Thu May 26, 2016 12:21 pm

World Junior Hockey Championships XI

SRF Eliminated

- By Axel Serre

Today is a sad day for the Rainbow Nation. The nation found its WJHC team eliminated following its one point loss. Silver Rainbow Fumes should look to build on this in the future, the loss demonstrates the failed teams of the past which has lead to SRF's current place in the sports stage. SRF must build its future WJHC teams off its league, the RHL which has many younger players it can build from. The Silver Hockey Federation later described their short tourney as something that was consoling for the future.
Let me tell you something my fellow citizens. Our team is by no means a failure. We still have a chance next time. We must build for the future, we must work hard to find a victory, no matter how hard it is. We have a talented league with a four new teams planning on joining it to create the International Conference. We are by no means going to fail, we will build for the future and we will come back stronger. Let us watch RHL for the next few months until WJHC XII is ready. Hockey is strong in SRF and it will show next time.
SRF out.
Last edited by Silver Rainbow Fumes on Thu May 26, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Leagues/Sportswires
- RHL (S2)
- N7PSL (S1)
My Puppet Leagues/Sportswires
- KIHL (S1)
- Starliga (S1)
Events Hosted
AFLC I (co-hosted)
My Wins/2nd/3rd Place Finishes
2nd Place (Intl. Cup of 7Ball II)

Ficiscia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ficiscia » Fri May 27, 2016 3:01 am

FNSN.fc Ice Hockey: Marcus Licius - Ficiscia's Future Superstar?

After a tight 0-1 victory over Elejamie, Ficiscia's U20 cheered loudly with the large number of Ficiscians who travelled to Ethane thanks to a cheap package offered by Ficiscian travel agencies, offering a Air Ficiscia direct flight to Ethane, three WJHC tickets and a transfer flight to Norrehavn for the 30th World Cup of Hockey. The fans and the team celebrated qualification for the quarterfinals one game early, and memories of last year's competition in The Sword Bloke came up, when Ficiscia won their quarterfinals 5-3 over Banija to lose the semifinal in a dramatic game against Ilyseum. Of the bronze medal team from TSB, nine players are back again, plus defender Joka Felsberr who joined the team but got injured two days before the opening match. One of the returners is 19 year old Marcus Licius, who is seen as one of the top prospects for a transfer abroad despite his role as a key player at the surprisingly strong Lux Ratianum team.

Licius has scored three goals so far, including the game winner in the match against adult world champions Elejamie. With this number, he has already equalized his WJHC X goal number, where he scored three goals and one assist in eight games as center of the second line. Licius is a hard working center with strong technical skills, but with slight weaknesses in defense. CHF chief junior scout Alexandros Micelis, responsible for the dossiers used in the international draft, describes Licius as "center with a good sense for positioning, faceoff skills and a strong wristshot. Has a good basic physis and condition, but lacks size and strength to play in a physically strong league. Licius has a good overview and sense of play and can be used on all positions in offense, which makes him a valuable choice as a winger for teams who face a lot of stronger opponents as well." With 19 years, he has already played two seasons in the highest Ficiscian league, where he is - together with national team goalkeeper Decimius Porcius - the backbone of Campionatum LXXIII champion and LXXIV quarter-finalist Lux Ratianum.

His teammates describe the youngster as a positive-minded and sociable person who is dedicated about his club and his game. His linemate Ioannus Namuros says about Licius: "Marcus is a great center for me, he knows where my pucks go and is always ready for my passes. We push each other to the maximum in every game, as he is just as competitive as me, and this is a great situation for both of us. I can totally see him become the next big man around here, and of course I hope Marcus stays here as long as possible". WJHC team captain Ducantus says similar things about his line's center: "I love playing with Marcus. He's pretty much the same as Alexandros Praesumptus in Antiqua, a center that makes me as a winger better, because it's so easy to find him. I know Marcus's stick is on the ice and ready, and that he will find a way to do something if I give him the pass. It's really what you want as a playmaker, someone who is available as much as possible". Bratislav Yurakin, the Novozemlyan coach of the team, has just as many good words for his top goal scorer but highlights his physical weaknesses a little: "I am very glad I have this boy on my team. WJHC 12, when we lose him, may be very difficult. You can't value a good scorer high enough I say. Not many players can score like he did tonight [against Elejamie, ed.] at nineteen years, when the entire defense is bigger than you!"

And what does the star of the hour say at this? "I am thankful for the good words, definitely. But I have to say that playing in such a good team helps a lot. The level here is really high, and I am feeling a rush - once you get some good games, everything just seems much easier. It also helps that we don't feel pressure of drafts or such I guess, after all most of us already play in a professional team. I certainly can play freer knowing I don't have to impress scouts or so. I mean, surely we are all up for transfers abroad as well, and if I could play in Novaya Zemlya or Valanora, where teams make the CHL finals and stuff, it'd be great. But I would just as much love to build something with the team we have in Ratianum right now."

We are interested to see if Licius's story continues in the next game, when we will face the team from Esparmuran. This nation is currently fourth with six points, and needs to win in order to secure the final playoff spot behind Ficiscia, while our boys can only be overtaken by Cauja, who would need a high win in their last game. Yurakin has already announced that Neri will play in goal and Decimius Sparti and Andreios Nicaros, two players who have not made an appearance yet, will play. Lauris Marianus, who hasn't played so far as well, will play according to Yurakin if he can cure the flu that he caught a few days ago until tomorrow. Yurakin stated that the final decision on Marianus will be made tomorrow morning together with doctors and the player.

Elejamie 0-1 FICISCIA (0-0, 0-0, 0-1)

SCORERS: 51' Licius 0-1 (Ducantus, Jonssenn).
PENALTIES: 5x 2 min Elejamie, 4x 2 min + 10 min (Nervus) Ficiscia
SHOTS: 31 Elejamie - 39 Ficiscia

THREE STARS: *** FIC #30 Marcus HEPHASTIUS - ** EJM #34 Michael BOSCH - * FIC #21 Marcus LICIUS
BASIC KNOWLEDGE
IC: 89 mio. inhabitants, parliamentary democracy in 2016, minority government of communists, greens and democratic socialists - Constitution
OOC: 20 years old, male, Swiss, student. In favour of (actual) democratic socialism, leftist revolutions where necessary, pan-leftism and European Unity. Not too fond of unnecessarily making things social justice issues. Also in favour of loud guitars, reggae and ice hockey. Feel free to TG me if you wanna know more!
SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS
Summer Olympics X: 5-4-4 / Winter Olympics XI: 9-8-6 - BoF 61 Silver Medal - WJHC 10/11 Bronze Medal - WC75 group stage participant

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Fri May 27, 2016 9:02 am

Please don't go! Oh wait, you might have to, if you get knocked out. Maybe I'll see you again?

Group A
FrostFire FireIce 1–0 Nordeana
Leperconia 0–1 The Sword Bloke
Silver Rainbow Fumes 1–0 Ethane

Group A                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 FrostFire FireIce 5 5 0 0 10 0 +10 15
2 Nordeana 5 3 0 2 6 3 +3 9

3 Silver Rainbow Fumes 5 2 1 2 2 2 0 7
4 The Sword Bloke 5 2 0 3 3 8 −5 6
5 Leperconia 5 1 1 3 1 6 −5 4
6 Ethane 5 1 0 4 1 4 −3 3

Group B
Abanhfleft 0–1 Novaya Zemlya
Nassau-Hessen 1–0 Gregoryisgodistan
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0–0 Joplax

Group B                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Novaya Zemlya 5 5 0 0 18 1 +17 15
2 Abanhfleft 5 4 0 1 7 1 +6 12

3 Joplax 5 2 1 2 4 10 −6 7
4 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 5 1 1 3 4 9 −5 4
5 Nassau-Hessen 5 1 0 4 2 10 −8 3
6 Gregoryisgodistan 5 1 0 4 4 8 −4 3

Group C
Kaboomlandia 2–0 Cheongji
Ontorisa 2–0 Frenline Delpha
Katawohan 0–0 West-East Timor

Group C                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 West-East Timor 5 4 1 0 10 1 +9 13
2 Ontorisa 5 3 1 1 13 4 +9 10

3 Kaboomlandia 5 3 0 2 9 7 +2 9
4 Cheongji 5 2 0 3 4 10 −6 6
5 Katawohan 5 0 3 2 2 8 −6 3
6 Frenline Delpha 5 0 1 4 2 10 −8 1

Group D
Elejamie 0–0 United States of Devonta
Esparmuran 0–4 Ficiscia
The Republic of Arkan 0–1 Cauja

Group D                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Ficiscia 5 4 1 0 14 4 +10 13
2 Cauja 5 3 1 1 8 6 +2 10

3 Elejamie 5 2 1 2 7 4 +3 7
4 Esparmuran 5 2 0 3 4 10 −6 6
5 The Republic of Arkan 5 2 0 3 6 10 −4 6
6 United States of Devonta 5 0 1 4 1 6 −5 1
Last edited by Ethane on Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri May 27, 2016 2:01 pm

www.Nationalsportsnetwork.ont
Injury Strikes Ontorisa
During the Frenline Dalpha-Ontorisa game, Neros Cardragis is struck by a blindside hit

New Sarum - It's a game that will go down in Ontorisan Hockey History as one of the worst hits ever. Projected 6th Overall Pick, Neros Cardragis was hit with an open-ice blindside hit to the head by Frenline Delpha defence man Austin Patterson, resulting in Cardragis leaving the game immediately. Patterson was issued a 5 minute major for illegal check to the head and a game misconduct.

Ontorisa did win the game 2-0, with Cardragis and Tymurshon scoring the goals. Cardragis had entered the game on a 3 game goalless streak before scoring his first of the tournament against Frenline Delphan goalie, Luke Armstrong. Tymurshon extended Ontorisa's lead in the 2nd Period with a slapshot that beat Armstrong below his glove.

Thanks to this performance, Ontorisa clinched their spot in the WJHC playoffs.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Fri May 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Quarter-Finals Draw

Novaya Zemlya vs Nordeana
FrostFire FireIce vs Cauja
Ficiscia vs Ontorisa
West-East Timor vs Abanhfleft
Esportivan and Proud.

Cauja
Attaché

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cauja » Fri May 27, 2016 5:17 pm

caujanationalhockey.cja
Frik Halijerit, Imir Roskard and Ari Jasvik lead Cauja to the World Junior Hockey Championships Playoffs
Halijerit led the team in both points and goals while Roskard was a driving defensive and offensive force.

New Sarum - Frik Halijerit, the first Caujan national to be entering the OJL Entry Draft, led the Caujan National Team in goals (3) and points (7). Imir Roskard was a fantastic defensive presence, recording no goals, but had 5 assists and led the team in plus/minus (+4) and hits (20). Ari Jasvik was a surprising presence in Group D, as he was not expected to perform well due to his 5'9", 184 pound frame. Despite these low expectations, Jasvik was a consistent thorn in the sides of the teams he played, being a chirper, and constantly finishing his checks and was not afraid to go into the dirty areas. As a result, Jasvik led the team in penalties drawn (5) and recorded a goal and 3 assists.

All three of these players were instrumental in Cauja's advancement into the World Junior Hockey Championships, using their tough and disciplined defence men to shutdown offensive chances while taking advantage of frustrated opponents. Even though Cauja's goal differential did not reflect the efforts of the team, each and every player chipped in defensively, keeping their composure and making sure to avoid panicking with the puck.

The performance of a few of the Caujan players have drawn the interest of OJL scouts, who are potentially looking to sign some of the players as undrafted free agents, notably Ari Jasvik, Dalik Grutyirk and Terry Slavik.

Cauja now looks to hopefully advance in the playoffs, facing off against Ficiscia (4-1-0) whom Cauja played to a draw with, throwing away a 2 goal lead during that game. What Cauja needs to do in order to beat the Group D Leaders and advance is to continue to play a strong defensive game, but avoid turtling and maintain a good offensive zone presence against the Ficiscians.

caujanationalhockey.cja 3 Stars of the Team
1st Star: Frik Halijerit (3 G, 4 A, 7 P, 3 +/-, 2 PIM, 4 Hits)
2nd Star: Imir Roskard (0 A, 5 A, 5 P, 4 +/-, 6 PIM, 20 Hits)
3rd Star: Ari Jasvik (1 G, 3 A, 4 P, 2 +/-, 8 PIM, 13 Hits)
The Free State of Cauja (Puppet of Ontorisa, Please Forward All TGs to Ontorisa)

Head of Government & State: Prime Minister Arturri Kasppaerik
Population: 31 Million
Capital: Caujasburg

FrostFire FireIce
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FrostFire FireIce » Fri May 27, 2016 6:32 pm

The all-female squad for the World Junior Hockey Championships have brought immense glory to our nation, comrades! The squad, led by the venerable Slađana Vinulovic from National Academy, went through the entire group stage without a loss, and actually without conceding a single goal! The Penalty Kill for the squad has been phenomenal, and Danijela Staparski has been impeccable in blocking every shot, while the defensive pairs have been doing their job with clearing.

On the scoring end, Captain Arsin has eight points with five goals and three assists, while Toskovic has three goals and two assists, and Vasilic and Ostojin have a goal apiece. There is a bit of concern that the first line is scoring too many points, but with all the defensive pairs and Staparski playing so well, it hasn't really mattered.

The Frostfires weren't expected to do so well this tournament, but it's a testament to the nation's glory. Our players do so well because they are representing our glorious nation. Let us pray that they continue to do so, with Cauja next!
-The Serbian, Psychotic, Crazy Rushmori Puppet of Chromatika-

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sun May 29, 2016 12:57 pm

You may all have high hopes for this tournament, but all of you cannot win. Good luck to you all!

Novaya Zemlya 1–0 Nordeana

FrostFire FireIce 0–1 Cauja

Ficiscia 6–4 Ontorisa

West-East Timor 3–0 Abanhfleft

Semi-Finals:

Novaya Zemlya vs Cauja
Ficiscia vs West-East Timor
Last edited by Ethane on Sun May 29, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun May 29, 2016 3:05 pm

www.Nationalsportsnetwork.ont
Ontorisa Struggles Without Cardragis
With Neros Cardragis out with an upper body injury, the Junior Falcons failed to properly compete with the Ficiscians

New Sarum - 6-4 is how the Junior Falcons decided to lose. With efforts coming mainly from the Honekisel-Zublovnet-Porosjamik line and Drayaurkse-LeChance pairing, it's a miracle on how the score differential was not bigger. Without Neros Cardragis, the stability to the Top 6 forward situation was gone, seeing Mikael Voloskov almost shoved into the 2nd Line Left Winger position.

The scoring started up with a nice snapshot from the top of the left penalty circle from Takaar Corispan, who had been activated from reserves to replace the injured Cardragis' spot. Ontorisa then had another goal, with a good deflection by Brejal Delsja, who tipped a slapshot from Nawsi Tolomoki. However, the Ficiscians bounced back quickly, scoring 3 unanswered goals in the span of 8 minutes.

Honekisel managed to equalize the score with a nice move on a 2 on 1 before Socrates Devirius saw Ficiscia retake the lead, tapping in a rebound. Going into the 3rd Period down by 1, the Junior Falcons looked to tie and perhaps advance further into the playoffs. The Ficiscians had other plans however, scoring another goal to make the score 5-3. Blaskic Zublovnet scored a fourth goal before the Ficiscians finally chased Emmiskard from his net, scoring their 6th goal on him that day.

"I don't know what happened." Emmiskard spoke after the game. "My confidence was gone, but I wanted to help. But I think I did more harm than good."

Emmiskard posted a .833 SV% and a Goals Against Average of 7.35. This was a far cry from Emmiskard's past games, where he would consistently post great numbers.

"Can't blame Tomas on this, it's a team thing." Blaskic Zublovnet contradicted what Emmiskard had said. "We all had something that we didn't do right in this game. I didn't win key face-offs, I had bad give-aways and I couldn't find the goal until near the end."

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Mon May 30, 2016 1:02 am

WET NEWS

West-East Timorian junior Ice Hockey team don't lose anything and reach Semifinals!

The West-East Timorian national Junior Ice Hockey Team have reached the Semifinals at the World Junior Hockey Championship XI, and haven't lost one match yet! After their first win against Cheongji (2-1) many people said it was just good luck. But they were tought better as they won 3-0 against Frenline Delpha, 2-0 against Kaboomlandia and 3-0 against Ontorisa. Their last match in the group stage against Katawohan ended 0-0, but you can't win everything. After the group stage they were first in group C:

Group C                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pt
1 West-East Timor 5 4 1 0 10 1 +9 13
2 Ontorisa 5 3 1 1 13 4 +9 10

3 Kaboomlandia 5 3 0 2 9 7 +2 9
4 Cheongji 5 2 0 3 4 10 −6 6
5 Katawohan 5 0 3 2 2 8 −6 3
1 Frenline Delpha 5 0 1 4 2 10 −8 1

And now, in the Quarter Finals, they played against Abahnfleft. People said "Abahnfleft? They'll never win against Abahnfleft. Abahnfleft is too strong!" An they were wrong.

West-East Timor 3–0 Abanhfleft

The game started very slow, but as Captain Finn Hakansson scored the first goal in the second period, the West-East Timorians became much better and Tim Johansson scored two goals to the final score of 3-0. They have beaten too strong Abahnfleft! They have reached the Semifinals! In the Semifinals, they will play against even stronger Ficiscia. But, as coach Erik Narsson said:
"I think we've got a good chance to win."
Watch their next victory live at WET TV Sport!
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Novaya Zemlya
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Novaya Zemlya » Mon May 30, 2016 3:37 am

WJHC: PIONEERS ADVANCE TO SEMI-FINALS
Akim Kurtanidze scores game winner in QF drama against Nordeana

LOWES Akim Kurtanidze scored the only goal in the WJHC quarterfinal between Novaya Zemlya and Nordeana. The game was a defensive battle from beginning to end, with neither team giving up much in terms of quality scoring chances. It was not until late in the second period that the Pioneers were able to get a puck by the excellent Nordeanian goaltender. Spas Bukhalov exploited a bad line change by the opposition and sprung Kurtandize on a breakaway with a long stretch pass, and the talented Akademik winger made no mistake.

Kurtanidze was having a pretty quiet tournament so far, following his excellent NZEL rookie season which saw him voted on to the All Rookie Team.

"I've been a bit disappointed with my own performance so far, but the team has managed just fine anyway" Kurtanidze said. "I felt like I found an extra gear today, hopefully I can build on this. The previous games mean nothing, every game is do or die now, and I thrive in those situations."

Goaltender Boris Permyakov kept his shutout streak alive, recording his 4th consecutive shutout of the tournament (Artur Denisov was in net against Abanhfleft). Beforehand, goaltending was not mentioned as a strength for this Novozemlyan team, but Permyakov has certainly proven the doubters wrong. Although the humble netminder was unwilling to discuss his own importance and quickly redirected the praise to his defensemen.

"It's easy to play goal with a defense like this infront of me," Permyakov said. "They do a great job taking away passing lanes, allowing me to focus on the shooter."

"Stellar performance from Boris, again" head coach Paul Saxton commented after the game. "All in all, I'm happy with the team's effort. Especially in the defensize zone, we really kept the Nordeanians to the outside all game long. Of course, I would have prefered to see a little more offense, but the guys are showing they can win hockey games in many different ways."

The game was played outdoors at the enormous King Edward IV Stadium in Lowes. Sadly, the 75,000 capacity arena was close to empty. A small number of Novozemlyan and Nordeanian fans did their best to cheer their teams on, while the neutral, Ethanian crowd probably left slightly disappointed with the entertainment value of the game. The WJHC was supposed to boost the growth of hockey in Ethane, but with reports of half-empty stadiums and a bad performance from the hosts in Group A, early signs point to the tournament being a failure in that regard. Let us hope that Ethanians take the chance to go watch the remaining games, because it promises to be great hockey at an affordable price.

On the home front, this years WJHC did not initially attract the same interest as it usually does. The failures of the last two tournaments understandably had caused some pessimism and apathy among Novozemlyan hockey fans. It is safe to say that the hype is picking up now, however. Reportedly, viewership of last night's game surpassed both last World Cup of Hockey and the NZEL playoffs by a fair margin. A sizeable number of fans gathered in Belushya Guba's central square after the game to celebrate by taking a swim in fountains and puddles, much to the displeasure of local law enforcement.

The Pioneers are now getting ready for a semi-final matchup against up-and-comers Cauja, who have exceeded expectations and advanced from Group D ahead of such hockey powerhouses as Elejamie and Esparmuran. Although the Caujans are known to play a physical, defensive game, the Pioneers will have their work cut out for them trying to contain the main offensive threat for Cauja, right wing Frik Halijerit who led his team in scoring with 7 points in the group stage.

The other semi-final is also of special interest from a Novozemlyan perspective, as Bratislav Yurakin and the Ficiscians will take on West-East Timor. This is Yurakin's and Ficiscia's second straight semi-final in the WJHC.

Last edited by Novaya Zemlya on Mon May 30, 2016 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cauja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cauja » Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 am

Team Cauja WJHC Top 5 Leaders

Ulmar Gradersilium (6)
Imir Roskard (6)
Halus Kasparitis (5)
Helios Kryitkem (5)

Goals
Frik Halijerit (4)
Halus Kasparitis (2)
Helios Kryitkem (1)
Ulmar Gradersilium (1)
Ari Jasvik (1)

Assists
Imir Roskard (6)
Ulmar Gradersilium (5)
Frik Halijerit (4)
Helios Kryitkem (4)
Ari Jasvik (3)

Hits
Imir Roskard (26)
Helios Kryitkem (24)
Esjaa Sailikax (23)
Olli Laikija (22)
Ari Jasvik (21)
The Free State of Cauja (Puppet of Ontorisa, Please Forward All TGs to Ontorisa)

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon May 30, 2016 1:29 pm

I wonder if you will be able to surprise yourself in the semi-finals?

Novaya Zemlya 0–1 Cauja
Ficiscia 1–3 West-East Timor

Finals

Cauja vs West-East Timor

3PPO

Novaya Zemlya vs Ficiscia
Last edited by Ethane on Mon May 30, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue May 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Awful music, awful clothing and awful syncing brings you the 3PPO, to decide who is going to be third in this tournament. (warning: opinion alert!)

And third place in the World Junior Hockey Championships is....
Novaya Zemlya 0–2 Ficiscia

Congratulations Fisiscia! Commiserations to Novaya Zemlya!
Last edited by Ethane on Tue May 31, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Cauja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cauja » Tue May 31, 2016 6:09 pm

caujanationalhockey.cja
Cauja Advances to the WJHC Finals
Ari Jasvik scored the lone goal while Terry Slavik recorded another shutout

New Sarum - It was the small but mighty Ari Jasvik who propelled the Caujans to the World Junior Hockey Championships. In the middle of the 2nd Period, with the score still tied 0-0, Jasvik was attempting to screen the Novozemlyan Goalie, Boris Permyakov. A quick shot from the point by Imir Roskard led to a big rebound in front of the net, where Jasvik quickly grabbed the puck and flung it over Permyakov's shoulder to make the game 1-0 Cauja.

An incredible defensive effort by Cauja ensured that the Novozemlyan offensive efforts were quickly put to rest by blocking shots and quickly clearing out rebounds. As well, the Caujans played almost a trap game, slowing down any potential offensive rushes by choking up the neutral zone. It was a "very impressive game by the guys" Head Coach Laziak Rijerikel described the game.

Cauja now advances to the WJHC Finals to face off against West-East Timor, a truly remarkable experience for the young adults.

West-East Timor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:43 am

WET NEWS

West-East Timorian Junior Ice Hockey Team advance to finals!

The West-East Timorian National Junior Ice Hockey Team have won their Semifinal at the World Junior Hockey Cup XI in Ethane 3-1, and advanced to the finals, which will be against Cauja. In the tenth minute, Finn Hakansson scored the first goal for West-East Timor. But just two minutes later, Ficiscia's Marcus Licius scored the 1-1. In the second period, in minute 30, Tim Johansson scored the 2-1, and in the third period, Johann Marnassan scored the final goal fore West-East Timor. After the Semifinal coach Erik Narsson said:

"That's great! No-one would have thought we could reach the finals, but we have! We are the first West-East Timorian team to reach the finals of an international tournament. It would be fantastic to win it. I think, many players who are old enough will play in the national team next year, Finn Hakansson or Johann Marnassan, for example. I'm shure our national team will be better with them, they are great players, but they can become even better by winning the finals. It's really motivating for young players to win a final."

Captain Finn Hakansson added:

"I really want to win the finals! And of course, I want to become better. By winning the finals. But it won't be the end of the world if we lose, although I believe we can win. We're not a big Ice Hockey nation, no. We haven't even got snow in the winter! Ok, sometimes we have, but not often. But somehow, we've got some really good players, players who are better than me. And I'm shure we can prove the world that an Ice Hockey Team from a country with temperate to subtropical climate can win a world cup!"

The finals will be aired live at WET TV Sports.
Last edited by West-East Timor on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm sure everyone would rather be in the final, but you made it to my odd choice (why did I do Round of 3 again?) of a final :p

Cauja 1–1 West-East Timor (2–1 OT)

Cauja 1–2 West-East Timor

Tied 1-1, final game tomorrow.
Last edited by Ethane on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Cauja
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cauja » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:53 am

caujanationalhockey.cja
"I would love to go and participate in an international draft"
Terry Slavik has expressed his opinion on his recent, remarkable performances as Cauja's #1 Goaltender

New Sarum - With a .950 SV% and a Goals Against Average of 1.13, Terry Slavik has been turning heads at the World Junior Hockey Championships. Standing at 6'3", 212 pounds, Slavik is current both eligible for either being signed as a University Free Agent (despite his age) or to be drafted. While he's expected to go in the first 3 Rounds of the CRJL, his value is minuscule in the OJL Entry Draft (projected to go in the 6th-7th Round).

"It's a bit upsetting," Slavik spoke about his projections. "I'd expect to be placed much higher."

Due to this, Slavik has constantly debated whether to go international or to stay at home and play for a CRJL team. In the end, Slavik has made up his mind to go international, opting to attend any international draft who is willing to take him,

"It'll help grow my game, plus Cauja's reputation as a hockey nation." Slavik said during his announcement. "I don't think I'm good enough for the CRJL, but rather I think there's less development there than attending a league's draft such as the QHL. Fingers crossed."

Granmur University's Head of Athletics, Mailir Cruekalli said "the university will support Slavik's efforts and will allow him to pursue his dream of becoming a professional hockey player, wherever his endeavours may take him."

West-East Timor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:08 am

WET NEWS

Lose a final, win a final, play another final

The West-East Timorian National Junior Hockey Team have lost the first final of the World Junior Hockey Championships XI and won the second one. So they'll have to play another final. In the first final, which took place in the King Edward IV Stadium in Lowes, Captain and Baranburg Bettas player Finn Hakansson scored the first goal in the 13th minute, but in the second period Cauja's Ulmar Gradasilium scored a goal, and another one in the overtime, so Cauja won the game. In the second final in the same arena it looked like Cauja would win again. Frik Halijerit scored a goal in the 15th minute and in the third period West-East Timor hadn't scored one goal. But in the 54th minute Bill Nern surprisingly scored a goal and everything was possible again, but time ran out for the West-East Timorians. In the last minute IHC New Dili player scored the final goal for West-East Timor. The game ended 2-1 for WET, and they advanced ro the third and last final. After the second final, coach Erik Narsson (does he always have to say something?) said:

"Well, we've played well again. At least in the third period. Not in the first one. But in the third one. Now the last final matters. Does anyone know why we play three games? Who the hell invented that? Can't we just play rwo games and the second one matters? That would be much more reasonable. Anyways, let's try to win the third final now!"

Of course, the final final will be aired live at WET TV Sport. But we've already told you that.

(OOC:Oops, forgot about the OT first. Edited)
Last edited by West-East Timor on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:32 am

All thats left of the other competitors is just a silhouette, leaving just you two fighting it out for the win. (sorry about the ice melting which delayed the game, it was a hot day).

The winner of the WJHC XI IS.......
Cauja 1–1 West-East Timor (1–2 OT)

Congratulations West-East Timor! Commiserations to Cauja.
Esportivan and Proud.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports