NATION

PASSWORD

Di Bradini Cup 37/U21WC58 (Everything Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eshan
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eshan » Fri May 13, 2016 12:05 pm

"So folks we've got a really great show for you tonight, great stuff, really spectacular." The voice comes from a tall, thin black man with an immaculately colored hightop with blond streaks at the top. He's clothed in interesting attire. Flat shoes with some sort of tribal pattern or something equally trendy, striped pink socks that reached his shins, an orange-redblack-yellow pair of shorts, and an Echani national team home jersey with a 9 on the back and the name 'Romá' in the large font typical of kits. If he looked uncomfortable in the outfit, like someone had made him wear it, that was probably because someone had. He looked good in whatever he wore, obviously, but for some reason the man's agent had missed a clause in his contract with Echani News and Sports and now he had to wear whatever idiotic getup some intern dreamed up in the deep recesses that was the ENS' headquarters. Whatever, he wasn't bitter. Maybe a little pissed off that he looked like an idiot so many times a week, but fuck it. He was good at smiling through pain. He was an animal. Everyone loved him. Everyone loved the stupid outfits he wore; he didn't but they did and that's what the people wanted but damn it hurt to wear this damn GARBAGE. Was he a foo? No. No he was not. So with a plastered-on, porcelain white smile he beamed at the crowd and live audience all around the most glorious Republic of Eshan, all of his secret and not so secret admirers.

"Super exciting show! Well, incase you been living under a damn rock, lemme introduce myself. My name is Oliver Romá, and this is Sports Hour; an attack on your soul and senses with an onslaught of the what's happenins in the Echani…Sporting…UIVERRSSSSEEEEEE. It's gonna be good, we goin in, we goin ALLLLLLL the way in my friends and my sensual lovers…BOOOOOOOOM. Nirvana. Footballin heaven. Let's cut the shit and pass the crackers my friends."

With that, he turned and strode to a seat that rose from a series of clever little pop-up items that eventually built a lounge, complete with a high leather chair, a fireplace with a lit fire, and even two bookcases full of sporting novels, magazine articles, and peculiarly also featured Echani philosophical and ethical classics. It was an odd assortment of novels, many which seemed to be out of place, but it all added to the effect, the crazy whirlwind of energy and craziness that was Oliver Roma. There were plenty of decorations that also emerged from hidden recesses around his stage. Jerseys from Echani club teams, a giant Parisia kit behind the leather chair revealed where Oliver Roma’s allegiances lay.

Oliver sat down, poured himself a glass of what appeared to be stiff whiskey, and pulled a long necked wooden pipe, a Gandalf pipe if you will, and loaded it with some of the finest herb Eshan had to offer. Which, speaking honestly, was probably all of the marijuana grown in the nation with the ‘most appreciation’ of drugs, meaning almost every Echani citizen partook in the consumption of various different drugs. Indeed, the nation has for many years been identified as the nation with the highest consumption of recreational drugs in the most prestigious region Atlantian Oceania.

He pulled out a small pen looking object and clicked a button at the top. A few heartbeats later, the tip began to glow red hot, and Oliver Roma pressed it against the good-good in his pipe, and was happily puffing away after a few seconds.

“Putting some of dat butane, gas, lighter bullshit in your longs is a DAYUM GOOD WAYyyyyyy to kill yoself, are you a fool, are you a DAMN FOOL?” He took a puff, looking contemplative doing so. “That ain’t the way to nothin. That’s the circle of life that ends in death, you put that buuulllllsheet in your lungs, you gonna die. Mmmmhm. You gonna die dead. Where that woman at? Where is my goddamn assistant? Ah there she is. Hello all my beautiful brothers and sistahs watching this shindig, this is my assistant Heidi Gongora. Say hello to all these pretty people, Heidi, go on now!”

A thin women of olive complexion with dirty blond hair emerged from somewhere off-stage. She was dressed relatively plainly compared to her quirky partner, a tight black skirt hugged her curvy frame, while an open topped pink blouse caused viewers to shift in their seats. She struck the crowd as being a woman who floated through life, with some air in her head, and thinking that the world was much nicer than it was because of her beauty and how people interacted with her. She moved as if in a trance to a recliner that popped up stage-left of Oliver Roma’s seat. She sat, took an extended second to rearrange her skirt, before leaning back and reclining as she took out a pipe of her own, this one a more ornate glass creation with a butterfly perched on the length of the pipe, with multi-colored specks of glass adorning the pipe. She picked up a hemp ball of a pedestal that, like the rest of the office/lounge/stage, rose from the floor. She lit the loose end of the ball, touched it to the dank, and breathed in.

The shows producers didn’t like presenting Heidi Gongora in this oversexualized manner, but sex entices and sex sells, and having an attractive woman next to the dynamic, unpredictable fireball of energy and craziness that was Oliver Roma. They made for a great team, primarily discussing sports with Heidi lazily asking ‘dumb’ questions and making ‘simple remarks’ that gave fuel for Roma to build off of and gain momentum. Their talks, recorded in a live hour long broadcast, frequently jumped off the sporting track to comment on other matters around Eshan, Atlantian Oceania, and the world at large.

“Chilllllll Oliver, it’s all fine. Just take a hit, breaaatthhhhhheeee calmmmmm,” said Heidi. Their relationship, on-screen at any rate, revolved around a very simple formula. Heidi would provide the ammo with leading questions, Oliver would freakout on the subject matter, Heidi would try to calm him down, and then he’d go off on her telling him to chill, like Heidi just did.

“Chill? CHILL? Woman you know I’m always chill, the viewers know I’m always NOT chill, I ain’t got no off switch woman, I AMMMMMM Oliver Roma and I am happy and sad, chill and jumpin out my damn seat, hungry and full, all at the same time. It’s all about dat duality woman. Now hush, and let’s get talking over them scores that are Under 21 men are posting up in the D-B-ccccccccc. FIRST GAME we talking about foos is that match against Osirus-”

“It’s Osarius, Oliver--”

“Sammmmmeeee damn THANG! Don’t you go about speaking yo nonsense thinking you know all dat correcting me on the air and all of dat bulllllshit. Anyhow, Eshan-Osarius, helluva a game y’all brothas see it?” Oliver Torres lept of his chair, and made his way to the end of the stage in front of the 55 members of a live audience.

“Yeah, reallllll crazy shit happened that match, we was going right for the kill, going right in for that juggular, those u-21 soldiers we throw out there, they don’t give a DAYUMMMM...thatosariusjustwontheAOCAFthemboysdon’tcareaboutnadatheyjustgo STRAIGHT...FOR...THE……..killlllllllllll.”

“Okay Oliver, like it’s just a football match I mean nobody is going out there to, I mean no one is like trying to kill the other team it’s just a gameee”

“Just a game? Just a game, ohkay. Just a damn game. You know I love you girl, but you have ZERO CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOU’RE ON ABOUT. Damn woman, life and death? That’s petty shit, that’s everyday shit, that’s fucking wildings going au natural on yo ass and killing you and taking yo possessions and eating yo damn body because they hungreeeyyyy. Nah girl, nah listeners, nah viewers, football is much much MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than life and death. It’s football baby. Anyhow, let’s actually discuss this shit can we please? Y’all got me more jammed up than...than…...Mario Mikaza (famous for attempting to damn up all of Eshan’s rivers over half a century ago), y’all some damn fools. But I love you. Anyways, GAME.” Oliver Roma paused, chest heaving as he gasped for air after so much talking. He looked around at the crowd before sitting back in his chair and hitting an unseen button. A large screen came to life behind he and Heidi Gongora’s backs. The screen was showing the Osarian and Echani Under-21 teams lined up before the game, going through and shaking the other team’s hands.

“We came out strong, hard, fast, looking to make an impact, tryna smack their cheek, hit the jewels, begin the ancient process of jabbing our fingers into their fatty necks and ripping. Out. the. FUCKING JUGULAR, WE WILD, WE ANIMALS YOU HEAR? WE AIN’T PLAYIN WE GOING ALLLLLLL IN. We got our first shot within a minute, watch that screen with yo mind people, when that damn freak Aurelian Gautier punted the ball up field and it went over that defenses stupid head and all of a sudden Robby Stanford was in on goal but the damn youngster got a little trigger happy and blasted a shot from 18 out that was easily saved. Whatevah, ain’t no thang. Three minutes later, Big man Bambic says ‘youknowhat? Fuck.This. We scorin. So that 6’2 beanpool gets the ball from Aurelian, and took it up field. Now y’all know that Bambic is a damn technically gifted defender but this was some cheese, he juked out the Osarian striker like a...ahhhhhhhh drop of oil avoided damn water or something like that but anyway, tall Bambi dude jukes out the striker, hits a peach of a ball upfield, real high, real arcy and plenty of hangtime. It starts to fall right around the 18, and Elrond Yorick kinda floated up and gave it a whack from the edge of the box. BOOOOOOOM. And that volley was sweeter than the good nectar that Heidi provides-”

“Whhaaat what does that even meannn Oliver? I don’t have any nectar or whatever I don’t even think that’s real”

“Whatever woman, you have nectar, we all know it. Anyway, check out that strike playing on the screen behind me. BULLET RIGHT PAST THE KEEPER AND nnnnnnGOOOAALLLLLLLLLLL!”

“Wooooowwww Oliver that was a really good volley….what’s in this weed Oliiiverrrr, it’s making me feel all woooozy and I’m really bugging out.”

“That’d be the smoothie Heidi. That’d be the damn smoothie. I put something in it, I love you, but sometimes I need your soul to be nice and calm and I’m sorry but I love you gurl. It had to happen. Now quit yo whinnin, and let’s MOVE ON!” Heidi’s eyes went wide and she lifted her arms off the chair and looked at them closely. Members of the audience laughed. Oliver abruptly jumped out of his seat and strode back over to where the screen was, packing another bowl full of that beautiful, sweet Echani ganja whose THC content was off the charts.

“15 minutes later y’all, 15 quick minutes later we was knockin on that door again. Xavi Arisilde, damn good playah who’s really exploded into emerging stardom, true facts that there is, hit a pearl of a ball upfield to Marshawn Mercury. Now this dude...this dude has wheeeeeeels. Like, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllsssssssssszzzzzzzz. He can backpedal faster than most brothas can drive for chrissake, are you a FOOL??? He takes a great first touch, whatever, blows by a defender, whatever, uses some sick ass stepovers to go past another, whatever easy shit, dude fires in a bullet of a cross, it goes right past Baudelio, but falls perfectly for that nerd Robby Stanford. Dude takes a sick touch, I mean look at that (on-screen Stanford neatly controls the bullet pass with his quad, before taking a quick touch with his left boot to evade a defender and give him a chance to shoot...which he did and when yo ass is six yards away from the goal, you better damn score and that’s exactly what this homie did. BOOM GOAL. 2-NIL FOOLS WHASSUP! Yeah now we go rapid fire on yall ass. 33rd minute, y’know we lookin good just playing our game, keeping possession but not like wimps passing it around in our own half, nah we controllin da game in their half cause that’s what we do dammit. But yeah anyways, Aurelian slipped right before he hit a goalkick, and the ball went wide right, where the Osarian winger controlled it before quickly pumping it into the box. No defenders was there, they didn’t expect our keeper to slip and fall on his ass, but the Osarian striker reacted damn quickly, and was right in the box, onside too that little fucker, and simply placed it to the right side of our ‘keep. Some bulllllllsheet. 2-1, 33 minutes on the clock. Nothin big happened the rest of the half, I mean we came close a couple of times but nothin that good. Halftime 2-1 my friends. Heidi, take the next little bit away, I need to puff and meditate and rid myself of allllll these things draggin my mind, my body, my dayum SPIRIT ITSELF, down into the god damn gutter. I gotta center myself girl, you know how I do that. NOW SAY WORDS WOMAN SPEAK, ARE YOU A DAMN MUTE? SPEAK UP HEIDI”

“Ummmmm hi everyone I’m buggin out a little not gonna lie to you beautiful peopllllleee. Um so yeah, 2-1 at half and then pretty much like right after the game restarted, 46:20 on the clock, the Osarian team got a great uhhhhhh…. Counter attack and really pinged the ball upfield. I think uhhhmmm it took them like eight seconds to move the ball from midfield into our net, thanks to a great curling shot from their right-I mean left winger so yeah that was craaazzzyyyy the shot just like materialized in the right corner, like it was really a great shot.”

“Yes, yes it was gurl, but you ain’t excitin so I’m taking control over this show again. Gotta get the people GOIN HEIDI. GOTTA GET PEOPLE DANCIN IN THE DAMN STREETS. 2-2, all of us tied at 2-2. And damnit it stayed that way until the 70th minute. We’d made two changes by then folks, Jose Joaquin (from Alexandria United), that weird ass right winger/striker/space investigator dude, came in for goalscorer Robby Stanford, and Jokum Maram, that great dribbling, deep lying centermid from Real Alexandria. Pretty much straight changes right there, good tactics and that shit paid off. Brutus smashed an Osarian midfielder off the ball with his great frame, and rolled the ball to Maram, who took off up the field. Osarian players seemed hesitant to close him down as he crossed half field. As he got closer and closer and closer and closer to goal, they were finally like ‘damn dis dude gonna do dat’ he gonna score, and he gonna score good. BUT HE DIDN’T. YALL KNOW WHY? Because he’s selfless. He passes. Jokum MARAAAMMMMMM is a chef. He serves people. He brings them their food on a damn SILVER PLATTAH. Cept the food is the-the-the BALL you hear?? And the payin customer who is expecting a nice dish to be delivered to their table is none other than Mr. Anthony Baudelio, the beast mode striker from Alexandria United. Now this brotha is a beeeaasssstttt. Scored like 25ish goals his debut season, monster. Scary, scary stuff, dude is built like a bulldog but he’s got some jets on him. Jets that he put to good use racing behind that defensive line, collecting the brilliantly provided pass, and simply chipped it over the keeper’s head. FUCKING CHEEKY AS GOD DAMN HELL. I love it. IIiiiiiii loved it. I always admire a little bit of flair, I love it. I love it when homies say fuck it. You know what, Imma try something new. Imma try something fun. Imma enjoy WHAT IT IS I DO. Heidi, what the hell is it that they do???”

“They...they try to do flair…”

“Ye….what???? NO WOMAN??? THEY PLAY FOOTBALL! If I underhand it to you Heidi, you GOTTA KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DAMN PARK. You disappointin me girl, you BRINGING ME DOWN. Now, with that bullsheet out of the way, let’s keep going on and get this game WRAPPED UP! 83rd minute, that 15 year old wonderboy y’all hearing about. Magnum Cerelius from Gracemeria. Now I like this brotha, he coo, he plays well, he good lookin’, he got it all. Gonna be a real big star one day, sooner rather than later mark my damn words. Anyway, this dude comes in the 83rd, it’s his first time representing Eshan in an international tournament, so congrats to you my man. Anyhow, 84th minute, my little homie hasn’t even been in for a full minute yet, when we win the ball out of the midfield and start to counter. Brutus Aurelianus won the ball (again), passed it back to Arisilde (again), who hit it up field (again) to Marshawn Mercury (AGAIN). This dude crosses it (AFUCKINGGAIN), it’s a little too high for Anthony Baudelio, but it falls perfectly for Magnum Cerelius right at the penalty spot. No need for a touch to settle it, Magnum took it right out of the air and easily slotted it home. First touch in his international debut, first goal. Now that is some shit. 4-2 final time, what a DAMN GAME. Ah shit, well looks like we gotta take a quick commercial break, thanks for watching y’all and don’t you take dem pretty asses away from us!”

Echan Sporting Daily
Great Final Group Match Seals Round of 16 in DBC

Another tournament, another knockout round appearance for an Echani team as our Under-21 delegation advanced to the Round of 16 in the Di Bradini Cup in our first appearance at the prestigious competition. Fresh off a 4-2 win against AOCAF champions Osarius, the Echani team took on a Sangti team looking for qualification, and although we headed the group with six points heading into the final match, both Ethane and Sangti were tied at second with three points apeice. Qualification was hardly secured going into the last matchday, and the team knew with a win or draw they would advance. The team went in knowing only a win would appease the fans; we never play to lose, we never play to draw. We only play to win.

Sangti came to play, they brought their A-game and kept the pressure up the entire match, always chasing after loose balls, always nipping at the heels of the Echani players. TO be honest, it seemed like the Echani team wasn’t prepared for this level of pressure, at least for the first ten minutes of the match or so when we started to make more of an impact in the match, but by then some damage had already been done.

In the eight minute, some excellent team pressing forced Brutus into a poor backpass to Arisilde, who really had to stretch to get it before an onrushing Sangtian attacker did. Unfortunately, this pressure meant Arisilde had to hit a wild ball back to Darren Tran, who completely mistimed his first touch, although the pass was shoddy one, and just like that the Sangtian striker was in on goal. Aurelian wasted no time charging out of goal, and did a great job of closing down the angles. Hats off to the striker though, who kept his cool and pulled of a slick fake shot to sent Gautier to the floor, before rounding him and passing the ball into an empty net to give Sangti a 1-nil lead within the first ten minutes.

Six minutes later, further worries for the Echani team, when the same striker hit one of the sweetest knuckleball freekicks I have ever seen. It blew past Alexandre Neves, who was stood at the end of the four man wall. From 25 yards away, it had plenty of time to rise, dip, dive, and swerve from side to side, confusing Aurelian to the point that the 16 year old keeper dove the wrong way in a very uncharacteristic mistake for the mature beyond his years goalkeeper. 2-nil without a quarter hour on the clock, things were very much not looking bright for the Echani team.

In the 41st minute, right before the stroke of halftime, a little bit of genius from Elrond Yorick. The young midfielder from Matthew Rangers has been sensational this tournament, his creative dribbling and cutting passes have terrorised defenses in the two other games we’ve played this tournament, and this game was no different. With laughable ease he neatly nutmegged a defender before threading a great pass through for Anthony Baudelio to run onto. The young striker took two touches in stride, blowing past the defensive line without any trouble at all, before rocketing the ball past the Sangtian keeper and into the net to make it 2-1, GOAL. Halftime, 2-1 on the board.

In the second half, the Echani team finally kicked into gear, pinging the ball all over the field in a hurry, relieving pressure and tiring out the Sangtian team by passing and passing and passing. As the Sangtian legs got heavier and heavier, the Echani team started to dominate. In the 57th minute, we finally got the vital equalizer by way of a great freekick from the 17 year old athletic center mid Trayvon Wilson from recently promoted Gracemeria. Making only his second appearance for the U-21 team, both of them from the bench, Trayvon hit a real curler from 23 yards out that curved up and over the wall and hung way to the left, going past the diving hand of the Sangtian goalkeeper to even it all up at 2-2.

61st minute, 17 year old winger/striker Daniele Dionisi from Monmarte took the field for Robby Stanford, who looked a little off pace all game. Dionisi is one for the future, although the youngster boasts top level dribbling skills and absolutely oozes flair with his creative tricks on the ball. Shortly after his introduction to the match, a long Sangtian clearance fell to Alexandre Neves, the Echani team’s left back. The pacey Neves collected the ball before passing it into the center to Trayvon Wilson, he used his surprising speed to burst upfield, knocking the ball past the Sangtian midfield into acres of space. He sprayed the ball out left for Neves, who had continued his run into the offensive half. He took a touch before neatly pulling off a crossover that sent a defender the complete wrong way, before pumping the ball into the box, where Anthony Baudelio rose brilliantly to head it home. 3-2.

Eight minute later, we found net again in a very bizarre way. Centerback Eric Bambic found himself pressuring a Sangtian defender on the edge of the 18 following a corner kick. The defender went to clear the ball, but only succeeded in getting it as far as Bambic’s face, which the ball smacked against and rebounded brilliantly to a surprised Baudelio, who acted quickly to take it out of the air and loft it over the keeper towards the far corner, where it fell brilliantly to complete Baudelio’s hattrick. IN the celebrations that followed, Bambic was slow to get up and looked more than a little woozy when he eventually got to his feet, prompting Miralem Marjanovic to use his last substitution, replacing Bambic with the hot prospect Giorgio Magnozzi. The 6’6 centerback from Sebio City was making his first international appearance, and had the job of keeping Eshan’s 4-2 lead intact. The 16 year old boasts plenty of strength, along with a surprising top speed and brilliant defensive skills to create a future superstar.

The score held 4-2 until the 81st minute, when the tricky and brilliant ball control and dribbling skills of Daniele Dionisi saw him meg a Sangtian defender once, before rolling the ball back the other way right through his legs again for a rarely seen double meg. With the ball dead at his feet, the young Dionisi did well to predict the angry retaliation from the defender, who went in for a bun-crunching tackle against the kid who had just torched him. Dionisi easily popped the ball up into the air and over the defender's sliding head, before cutting into the middle of the field. With Baudelio in stride ahead of him, Marshawn Mercury cutting in from the right, and Brutus Aurelianus trailing behind him, there was no way Dionisi could get this wrong and not emerge with an assist, and get an assist he did with a clever fake pass forward to Baudelio before stopping the ball with the studs of his right boot about 23 yards out from goal, perfect for the 6’5, 171lbs frame of Brutus thundering onto the ball. He put all of his weight through the ball, and absolutely torched it into the net. The Sangtian keeper got both hands to it, but such was the force of the shot that it simply blew through his hands into the goal to make it 5-2.

And so we head to the round of 16 in what is sure to be a tightly contested affair between Eshan and Brigantii. I would consider us to be favorites in the match, although to not respect the opposition could very well see us fall. Brigantii scored eight goals, conceding seven while the high powered Echani team scored 10, conceding only four as we won all three matches. Go team.
How far away are the stars?
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Runners Up: AOCAF LIV
3rd Place: Baptism of Fire 60
Quarterfinal: AOCAF 50, AOCAF 53
Round of 16: DBC 37, CoH 67
Hosted: Cup of Harmony #BIGGUNSBIGGOALS

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Fri May 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Mia Ria walked up the hallways of Belle Epoquenne, returning from the Di Bradini Cup, to her very first day at the high school. Lynette Town, a mere twenty minute road trip from Matthew City and home of the Academie Belle Epoquenne was a mostly calm town by the coast, though she hadn't really considered spending some time on the beaches of that place, or at least not until she figured out everything on the school.

A thing that certainly didn't help things out was their get-up. A long violet skirt, plain shirts with a purple jacket and a purple beret of all things wasn't exactly the kind of uniform she expected, but the girl simply sighed and continued on her way. It was then that she noticed her welcoming committee. Or rather one person, a pale boy, his dark hair covering his eyes, his uniform somewhat similar to the one the girls wore, aside from pants instead of a skirt and the lack of a beret. She could also notice a purple armband on his left arm. "I'm guessing you're Mia Ria, right? My name is Gabriel Leverdusoleil, I'm from class 3-A and currently head of the students group."

She nodded, looking around the school as Gabriel guided her through the halls. Passing by each hall and each class room, the first odd thing she found was a boy dressed with the girl's uniform trying to pass newspapers to any student. She nudged the head of the students group, wondering exactly why he was wearing those things. "That's Michel Agustín, exchange student from Southeastern Sunrise. He said something about his home nation enforcing that... wear code. We don't bother."

Banners with the words "Let's go Royales" on the walls enticed that the team was going full force at this. She read her classes list. English, French, History, Mathematics and Pokémon Training all on the same day... the Sunrisian school system was a bit weird, but she assumed she could handle, though one could only wonder how things would go on the football team training session.

The Academics League had officially decided which teams would play the first division that season. Last season's Top 12 were already guaranteed a spot, the schools being DuBeaux Academie, Gama Filho, Northern Sunrisian, Bratislava, Casa Euskera, Lisa Simpson, Belle Epoquenne, Rock n' Roll, J-Pop, Pan-Futurniano, Namewakka and West Mardi.

Joining them were the Robert Walpole High School, voted in via school's poll (and possibly flat out fight with the folks from Gama Filho and other eleven that were added in based on their records before the season against other school sides: Taiyo, Gorin, Seijyun All-Girls, Umbra Academy, Beaver, Intersunrisian, Justinian, St. Gloriana, Mishima, Mary Seacole and Mount Meira.

Four of these teams were going to be relegated to the second division, where other twenty four teams, shock full of sides willing to either return or debut on the top such as Novelfull, Kezama, Star High, Gravity Falls and Licentian Culture would fight for their chances on doing so.

And to think all of this wave of school teams wouldn't probably have started without the Chromatikan youth who was now trying to figure out how the hell to make a Squirtle use Bubble.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri May 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Leonardo, Part V - 1/2

'As you know, the life in San Salvador seems to be little bit more robust than Santa Ana." Said Xavier Hertel as he slowly sipped a piece of Wine brownie stacked in front of him. It was a fairly hot summer night and prospects of anyone wearing more than clothes necessary to cover themselves was not desired to say the least. Being in a nightclub 22 stories high and right next to Estadio Cuscatlan made it even less likely that people really wore a lot, and this was of no exception in the VIP lounge Xavier booked for him, his crew and the people. With one of his friends heading to go to washroom, he decided to talk little bit more with the girl he's been talking to for last few minutes. "So, like usual. I come here to have fun and stay overnight somewhere- doesn't have to be somewhere I'm familiar with, 'cause I tend to be fine in staying anywhere really."

"So the life of yours is all about moving around, so to say," The woman in front of him, named Carla Perez, said as she slowly slipped the remaining cup of wine she held in front. Like the others in the room, she knew very well about Xavier Hertel's love of being outside all the time. Obviously she didn't mind about it at all. This was very much a cultural thing, where people would just randomly meet up in a nightclub or to much lesser extent bars, start a conversation or two and then maybe take a couple of steps forward in pretty much any space. Sometimes that'd end up in a bed, sometimes it'd end up in other places like washrooms, it'd always end up with a night of sexual encounters, with no strings attached whatsoever.

'Indeed, indeed. Enjoying life is a journey itself and that's what I love about sharing good time with a woman like you." Xavier said as he slowly went on face to face with his company. A former teenage prodigy, he has gone from being the rising(and eventually super-) star of Fontvielle FC to the eternal FASista who's loved by fans and hated by enemies. With this the newfound love of fame came along, and sooner than later he was on newspapers and magazines wherever he went. From married to Alexia Andrighetto and living simply, he rescinded all the signs of possible fidelity and began womanising. No surprise a divorce came 2 years later, with Hertel leaving Yttribia to start a new chapter in CD FAS of San Jose Guayabal where he could have a life to himself and only himself.

Since moving to Santa Ana he's been living a full-on life a forever bachelor, trying to enjoy a Kyle Bolton life, come and meet as many people as possible and womanise the remaining hours as necessary. Meeting women like Carla, those who would come to parties and nightclubs after their classes or work, was a fairly routine thing to do. Whether it's at Southfell, San Salvador, Montreal or Mardi didn't really matter- he'd have fun anywhere he went and that's all it mattered.

Now they slowly looked at each other and were about to do what was on their mind; the sole purpose of partying for both of them anyways. Some of the people may have wondered what's taking so long, but that did not bother Xavier at all. There's no rule about having to do such processes of a hookup much longer or shorter per stage. Unfortunately for them though, the silence between them (not that it was very long anyways) was broken by the phone ringing. Xavier, surprised with his phone ringing, immediately responded in frown.

'Hello? Xavier Hertel here,' He answered with a noticeable grudge on his voice. Sooner or later he realised it was Leonardo, informing that he has arrived near the square. He probably forgot about the location, Xavier thought to himself as he responded. 'Bro, just come to the giant building at 28 Calle Stalin. They know who you are so getting into the building's not a prob. Make sure to click the top floor though, because this ain't a country nightclub in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. 'Kay?'

After receiving affirmative response, he then hanged up the phone. From the serious tone of his voice, Xavier knew that they didn't have a lot of time. Not only Leonardo, whom he now affectionately calls 'The Papa', was only 5 stations away from Cuscatlan subway station, but the seriousness tone of his voice probably meant that he'd be under a severe time crunch. He quickly turned the gaze back to the beautiful Carla Perez and met her gaze. This time, they weren't interrupted.

"Good to see you again, Leonardo," Xavier greeted Leonardo with a bear hug, the very usual way he did so. Whether an enemy or not, given FASlianza rivalry, they were close friends after all. They both loved having different edge to their lives than anyone else, while taking pleasure seriously and positively without sacrificing their playing abilities. Both of them being around similar age group also worked very well. "How have things been going, trying to build a new home out of the older one?"

"Well I have a lot to talk about, to say the least..." Leonardo responded with slight uncertainty in his voice. Since the pregnancy news at AOCAF, he has experienced some severe turns in life that forced him to behave little bit more maturely off-field than ever. It was not easy, nor smooth, but he was doing it well for both his wife and the baby. With that being said, he had some matters to ask about that, mostly because of questions he had to the friend who once got married, at a far younger age than him. Even right now this was evident: Leonardo wearing a decent suit, with black ties and good shoes contrasted heavily to Xavier's flip flops, long trunks (with smell and other signs indicating that Xavier had another non-strings-attached encounter before coming down to meet him) and sunglasses. They were in a different phase, but once Xavier was like that. "We need to talk."
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Fri May 13, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri May 13, 2016 3:29 pm

May 13, 2016 - David Farwell, sports correspondent

W
hitehaven Triumph's players celebrated their one to nil win over Beckton Supermarine of Krytenia which secured their spot in the Series B Champion's Cup with a glass of sparkling cider - as much as they would have liked to celebrate with champagne, though, they couldn't have, as most of them are under the legal age for alcohol consumption in most countries. It's a bit of surprise how the team has been performing during the past few months. They're at new heights after winning the Cenileague 2 trophy, and they're soaring high in the real deal - the first tier of Cenileague football. All of this would have been a surprise just around eight months ago, when the club was an almost bankrupt club struggling in the bottom levels of Cenian football. What has caused this change?

To answer this question, I talked to Tel Paesante, the club's savior. A local businessman and the owner of a local resort, which had been in his family's hands for decades, Paesante had grown up playing football on the seaside near his family's resort, and he wanted to maintain that tradition for Ceni. However, he didn't originally think of purchasing a football club. "Originally I had thought, oh, I'll just finance a small football program to benefit underserved youth of our city here along the sea," he told me with a rueful chuckle. "I never thought I'd be getting into the deep end here with a new club and all." But then a perfect opportunity came up, one that he could not pass up. I'll let Paesante tell this story: "His name was Robert. He was a good friend of mine in high school and he had gone into property law or some other field, and he came up to me one day and said: 'Hey, I heard that Sentinels is about to go bankrupt, and their license is going up for auction if someone doesn't buy it first.' So, I asked him the price, and we could definitely afford it, and I told him yes on the spot."

Now that the license for Sentinels was his, he had to actually come up with a team. "It was a bit hard at first," he admits. "I never thought I would be getting into football, so there were a lot of things that I didn't know." Luckily for Paesante, a friend, Arthur Arathilion, did know a lot of things about football, formerly being a coach for the Whitehaven Naval Academy's soccer program. "I have a lot of friends, it seems," Paesante relates with a chuckle. "If I didn't have all these friends, I wouldn't be where I am right now, with this club and all." Anyhow, Arathilion managed to put together a team, using almost all young local talent from Ceni (with the exceptions being Robert Ashdown of Osarius and James Montressor of New Gelderland, who is young nonetheless). He scoured the top high schools and local club teams throughout Ceni for top talent, and he was soon presented with a group of teenagers who were, for the most part, young, inexperienced, and loath to get along with each other.

A
rathilion is an effusive man with a hearty chuckle. I asked him why he decided to choose young talent from Ceni - why not just get some international players from the free transfer list to fill out his roster? "Well," he says, giving the question a bit of thought, "I actually had a couple of reasons. One, I felt like Ceni, despite the presence of Pinnacle Project, needs to have another group of talented and capable youngsters; two, I felt like too many Cenian teams didn't have enough Cenian players on them; and three, I guess I just wanted to turn back to what I knew - and that was managing and teaching youngsters how to love this game and play it well." The decision also proved to be sound financially, as the club did not have to pay transfer fees, high wages, or other types of fees and expensive contracts that are replete in the world of football, and the team would also be starting from scratch. That also meant having a new name, and Tel Paesante suggested one: Whitehaven Triumph. The team quickly agreed to his suggestion.

With all the preliminary things out of the way, Arathilion could now begin to mold his fractious teenagers into a team, one solid body that would work together in attaining their goal, instead of relying on one or two star players. He had deliberately picked players from the different positions so that his team would have a balanced 3-2-2-3 formation, which meant that they could be flexible and go any way they wanted. They did, however, choose to go for a more pressing strategy that was very aggressive in its nature. With that in mind, Arathilion started to emphasize the offense with the team - free kicks, set pieces, penalty kicks, and different ways of scoring a goal. His methods were pretty creative: once, he put different dummies representing some of the more reviled figures in the goal, asking his players to shoot at them, and he would change his routine up, too, so every day was different. He emphasized creativity and intelligence, too: his players did the human knot so many times, and by the end, they could undo it so quickly without his help. The team then started to be more comfortable with each other, and with the game.

Then came the Cenileague Two - the team was second after the first half of competition, with just three losses, but they didn't lose at all in the second half and only drew once. Their pressing style came in handy both in the offense and the defense, with the team scoring ninety-six goals in total (ten more than the winner of the Cenileague did at the time) and only conceding forty-four, lower than eleven other teams in their division. Overall, it was an excellent season for the club, and they reached the Round of 16 of the Series B Champion's Cup in international competition, after some huge wins in the qualifying round and group stage. Their miracle run came to an end when they faced Dartmoor, losing by just a single goal. Despite that disappointment, though, they have done exceedingly well in the Cenileague as well, sitting currently at fourth place in the table, with twenty weeks of competition still to go.

I asked Arathilion what had been responsible for his players' success in all areas of competition. "It's because they're good players," says Arathilion. "They have excellent eyes for the ball; they dribble and pass well; they take every advantage that they are given; they have great teamwork and intuition." And with their success, the manager of the Cenian national U-21 team, Peter Petrossian, decided to call up a good majority of the team to the Di Bradini Cup, including the team's stars in Charles Allegro, Jack Szarvas, Miri Windtide, and Lucas d'Jek. Arathilion picked those players up first, and he almost considers them his sons and daughter (in the case of Windtide). "We really have grown into a family here at Triumph," Arathilion admits. Maybe that familial bond is another reason that the team has done so well in competition, too, both internationally and domestically, and maybe the in-house competition has done well to strengthen the team's skills.

Szarvas says that Arathilion gives himself less credit than he deserves. The attacking midfielder of Hungarian descent says that Arathilion was a binding force for the team: he did, after all, bring them all together and sharpened their skills with his unique managerial techniques. "To be honest, I think Arthur deserves the manager of the year award for all the hard work he's done for us so far. Without him, I doubt we'd be where we are today," says Szarvas. "He's been our moral rock for support when we're having a bad day, and he's given us so much of his heart and soul. Arthur is a part of our big family, just as we are a part of his family now." Most of the rest of the team nodded when I asked them about this sentiment.

Arathilion has his eye on a Cenileague title someday - and Peter Petrossian sees the Whitehaven Triumph kids as the core of his Di Bradini Cup squad within a few years. "They have a lot of energy and stamina," says the U-21 team manager. "They already work well together, so that's less that I have to do, and it gives me more opportunities to work with them on other skills. In fact, not only will they be the core of our under-twenty-one national team within a few years, I think that they will be the core of our national team in around ten years, they're that good, both with the ball and around each other." Arathilion, for his part, agrees with Petrossian, and thinks that the kids that he's trained for this particular team will go on to have extremely successful careers in international football. "These kids are talented," Arathilion says bluntly. "I know that they have lots of good things inside of them that they will bring to their country and their club. I'm sure of it."
Last edited by Ceni on Fri May 13, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Pasarga
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasarga » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Torgos Tribune ~ Forward Unto Dawn

There is no other way to describe the Young Wanderer's victory over Flardania than a slaughter, as three days after being beat eight to nil, Flardania was smashed by our side to the tune of seven to nil. From the opening whistle you could tell that Flardania's heart just was not in this match as there was almost no statistical possibility for them to advance out of the group after the drubbing that Schottia had given them in the second match of the group. Equally so, it seemed unlikely that Anglatia would be able to overcome Schottia's goal difference following that match and was relying on Flardania to spring a surprise against the Young Wanderers if Anglatia had any real chance of advancing past the group stage. Unfortunately for them, our side provided something of a mercy killing for Flardania and though Anglatia did manage to defeat Schottia in a tense affair, the goal difference was simply too large to overcome and saw them bitterly head home after the first three matches.

By emerging victorious over Flardania and then Anglatia beating Schottia, the Young Wanderers' were able to take the group title, something that did not seem very likely after the opening draw against Schottia. However one has to remember that this football and the sport sometimes sees the most unlikely of outcomes play out, one merely needs to look at Group B and how Brigantii were able to advance after everything in an extraordinary list of situations happened that allowed them to leapfrog Devonta into the second spot and Round of Sixteen. The footballing gods are anything but consistent and they seem to value entertainment more than logical sense at times and yet people the world over love and adore the game. Perhaps it is that very unpredictable nature of the game that makes it so beloved, yet dynasties still seem to form.

That is getting off the point however and the point is that the Young Wanderers' improved with every match that they played in the group stage and before they found out who they were facing in the second round, really seemed confident of getting to the Quarterfinals. However the reward for the Young Wanderers' impressive group title is none other than the very talented side from Kirisaki, who fell into a three way tie for first after losing to Chromitika on the last match of their group. The tiebreakers however dictated that Abanhfleft would be declared the winner of the group and Kirisaki second, while Chromitika was eliminated despite having two wins in the group stage, a very unusual and unlikely outcome to be sure.

So how do Kirisaki play and is there anything that the Wanderers can do to prepare for the tough match that is on the cards? Although their goals for and goal difference might not show it, Kirisaki plays in a moderately attacking version of a four-five-one, though using three attacking midfielders and a holding midfielder, such that the wingers could perhaps be more apt to be called inside forwards. The overloaded middle of the park and overlap means that the defense and midfield of the Young Wanderers' will have to work in unison if they want to counter the attacking threat of Kirisaki. Sankt will be the key as Sankt has the least experience in full time first team play, so do not be surprised if their is a halftime switch to Tunor, if the game is not going well or well enough.

I think the wingers for the side will be very key, as the fullbacks of Kirisaki play more advanced, almost in a wingback position, leaving the two centerbacks somewhat exposed. If the wingers can get out in possession and cause problems for those wingbacks, then our strikers should be able to give the centerbacks for Kirisaki a ton of trouble, especially Ingþór Auðbjörnsson with his tall frame and ability to win headers. While I have been praising his skills and talent all tournament, it is in this game against this sort of setup that I believe the striker can excel and not only play a part in the Wanderers' result but ultimately lead them to it. Whether he has the mindset to do so at such a young age may be difference in winning and losing this quite difficult matchup. Yet with most of the better talented teams in the Pasargan side of the bracket, none of the knockout rounds or matches could or will be pleasant.

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Fri May 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Who will remain Undefeated after this cutoff?

Round of Sixteen
Dainer 0–1 San Llera @ Lathal, Ianisle
Eshan 2–2(3–3 AET)[5–6 PKs] Brigantii @ Metropolis, Ibini
Semarland 1–2 Ethane @ Miner's Haven, Goldsan
Unified Sunrise Islands 0–0(1–0 AET) Holy Philippine Empire @ The Tar Pit, Char Sara
Ceni 2–4 Quebec @ Angelotic Temple, Longview
Pasarga 1–0 Kirisaki @ The White Fortress, Gladerial
Abanhfleft 4–2 Schottia @ Artani, Mar Sara
Tumbra 4–0 Farfadillis @ Hellgate, Raynor City

Quarterfinal Fixtures
San Llera v Brigantii @ Donna Cathedral, Mar Sara
Ethane v Unified Sunrise Islands @ Angelotic Temple, Longview
Quebec v Pasarga @ Hatire Memorial, Capri
Abanhfleft v Tumbra @ Turmondale Grounds, Raynor City
Last edited by Valanora on Fri May 13, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Sat May 14, 2016 6:00 am

One Chance
The Story of a Fourth Division Player

Valanari, some nights ago during the match against Amazonesta

Tristan Hale was having the game of his life. Already he had three opportunities on goal, all of which had only been saved by the keeper's fingertips. He was going to score any minute now - he felt it. He was going to show Ganson who was boss. He was going to show his father that he didn't need to go on loan.

He was going to use that one chance.

"Ed, pass me the fucking ball!" Hale shouted.

Richardson reluctantly passed him the ball. He started sprinting toward the goal, making good progress, before he saw a looming shadow, a sharp pain in the leg and all of a sudden he was on the floor.

"MOTHERFU-"

It was painful. Really painful. Play had stopped, players were sprinting over to him, the referee was taking the defender's name down - Vasco de Gama or whatever the hell it was, he couldn't be bothered, was given a yellow.

Back on the manager's stand, Robin Stoff threw down his clipboard. Was he more perturbed by the fact that his best striker was gone or that V-whatever was only a yellow?

As the physios put him onto the stretcher, he touched his leg, saw a red substance, and found blood.

Holy fuck, did he fucking amputate my leg or something?{

As the physios with their gentle touches carried him into the tunnel, he saw Oliver Ganson warming up on the sidelines. Tristan was in a semi-consious state, but started to scrabble off the stretcher. The physios held him in place, however, as he got further and further into the tunnel.

He resisted and fell off the stretcher. He began crawling toward the pitch, but there was a sharp pain in his arm and everything turned to black.

Light, flash, light, flash. Murky and white at the same time. Faint. A blur.

God, where the hell am I?

"Tristan. Tristan. Can you hear me?" An oddly familiar baritone voice filled with worry echoed throughout his brain.

"Dad...?"

The stretcher passed through a set of double doors and the voice stopped...

-***-

Raynor City

"Holy shit!" Charlie's voice rang out.

"What is it? Charlie, it's two in the goddamn morning, go get some goddamn sleep!"

"Read this!" Charlie beckoned me over while I attempted to drag myself out of bed.

Against the soft blue glow of the computer screen, I managed to make out some words. Squinting, I made some sense of it.

To: Charlie Lester [chlester97@tmail.tra]
Subject: Contractual Matters

NEWPORT UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
Established 1944

Dear Charlie,

The club has come to a decision regarding your contract. After a few days of deliberating, the club has come to a conclusion to not renew your contract under the terms which you wanted. We feel that your wage demands are too high for your age and the level which the club will be playing at next season.

If you wish to renegotiate the terms of your contract with a salary more befitting of your current squad status, please reply to this email immediately before the transfer window begins. Your current contract expires on the thirty-first of July. The current date is the twelfth of July.

Yours,

Christopher Evans

Director of Football, Newport United Football Club

"Bloody hell, Charlie. You're excited about this?"

He turned to me, face obscured but his outline lit by the harsh blue glow of the computer which he had now turned off.

"I mean, if I get any offers from any club after this competition, it'll mean I'm moving abroad! Just gotta impress them..."

"You are a fucking idiot, Charlie. D'ya really think someplace like Rosenfeldtplatz United or whatever they're called will take you in?"

I recalled the contents of the email as I went back to my bed.

"How much did you ask for anyway?"

I couldn't see much, but I thought I could see the beginnings of a grin on Charlie's face. He didn't respond, instead going to bed.

"Good night, Oliver."

-***-

Later that morning, in the lobby of the hotel

Robin was speaking to us, updating us on the team's situation.

''Alright, we've got a game against Farfadillis. I don't expect us to lose, but they could pose a problem for us. Rhys-Stevens, you're back in the team, but as I want to see how some players perform in other positions."

"Oliver, you'll still be starting striker, given that Tristan's stuck in Valanari and in hospital. Thomas..." the instructions went on and on. For the supposed excitement that this briefing was supposed to cause, I felt myself gradually being caught up in the ennui of it all.

The team briefing went on until breakfast started. They were serving a Full Tumbran breakfast, in honour of our stay. It felt good to be eating things from back home, even if the bacon tasted a bit earthy and the tomatoes were redder and sweeter than in Tumbra. It felt good.

I glanced at the rest of the team. Opposite me, Charlie was digging into his dinner with relish, while Gale was poring over a copy of the Herald, which contained predictions for the upcoming Premiership season. He threw the paper down, tore into his food and was finished a minute later. Venturing over to see his paper, I read merely one thing.

Mosjoen XI Odds of Winning: 5000/1
Mosjoen XI Predicted Finishing: 20th

No wonder he was so mad. I'd be mad if my team were placed to finish 20th. Then again, my team always finished 20th and below in a 24-team league, so disappointment was to be expected.

It was then at this moment which I saw a man browsing Ahbanfleft's Crescent News Network website, browsing the section on transfer rumours.

I couldn't believe what I saw.

Charlie Lester to Ahbanfleft? Explosive relevations following DBC star being released by his hometown club; multiple sources reported interested...

It seemed as if everything was going weird that day. I only hoped the match wouldn't be weird.

-***-

Later that night, Tumbra vs Farfadillis

The match did turn out to be weird - in our favour. For a team which finished second in their group with six points, only losing to Ceni, they were having a lot of trouble against us.

I'd already scored one, and Almar had broken his scoring duck with a wonderfully crafted header - because how else could he have scored, right? - in the twenty-seventh minute.

Using my newly-discovered pace, I chased after a ball and got to it before a Farf defender got to it. Passed it on to Ed, before speeding into the box. Ed crossed the ball, I chested it down and shafted it into the back of the net.

Three-nil in thirty-seven minutes.

I scored a fourth in the second half, giving me my first ever hat-trick. Charlie performed well, Ed was superb with his crosses...even Nathaniel, Lawro and John Byrne had my back now. They'd warmed to me.

We'd finally gelled together as a team.

Without Hale.

Tumbra 4-0 Farfadillis

Tumbra Scorers: Ganson 15', 37', 58' Hussein 24' Farfadillis Scorers: NIL
Last edited by Tumbra on Mon May 16, 2016 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Brigantii
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Brigantii » Sun May 15, 2016 5:41 am

A sudden sharp intake of breath, held deep within the chest cavity, fingers crossed inexplicably tightly and eyes glued to the screen. This was it, sudden death, penalty shoot out, the fate of both teams hanging delicately in the balance, with just one kick possibly all it taking to separate two teams who had battled it out for over 2 hours of football. The pressure was immense, lesser men would have crumbled, their destiny sealed by their own lack of balls.

And then, a chorus, heard throughout the land, resonating as far as Flynn's Isle, men leapt from their seats and exclaimed in unison

"For fuck sake!"

Jimmy Boon had done it, smashed the ball into the top right hand corner of the goal and sent Brigantii through into the quarter finals, setting up another live match on BNBC 3 and further disruption to the usual schedule. The penalty it self was text book. Calm, composed and struck true, and , despite that, was lucky it was the winner, had the previous Eshan attempt not hit the upright.

The game itself was end to end with Eshan taking the lead through a neat Anthony Baudelio finish but were pipped back through Zack Wilbraham, heading into the half time break. The Rookscroft United striker is supposedly in contention for the Brigantii full national team when they embark upon their Baptism of Fire adventure. Around the hour mark Eshan re-took the lead with a headed goal from Magnum Cerelius putting them 2-1 up. From there Eshan looked to be in control and dominated possession. With time ticking away it looked as though Brigantii were headed out were it not for a long ball, launched up field from the keeper, flicked on by Boon into the path of Xavier Tyrrell who rounded the centre back and rifled the ball into the back of the net to rescue the game.

Extra time beckoned and Brigantii struck first, taking the lead for the first time on 101 minutes but that was short lived as Magnum Cerelius pulled Eshan level to send the game to penalties. Both teams scored all five, adding to an already protracted and even game and ensuring the only way one team would progress would be through sudden death. It took two additional kicks for the teams to be separated, with Eshan being the first to miss it was midfielder Jimmy Boon who was the hero for Brigantii and secured their place in the quarter finals.

At home the transfer market had opened and with it speculation over who was headed where and for how much had begun. Marketnewton had supposedly tabled a £12 million bid for Byron Samuels while Rookscroft United striker Michael Irwin was subject to interest from Real Minanda in Cusco. After Bishopbury's dreadful season there was a lot of restructuring needed at the capital club with the team supposedly having a transfer budget in the region of £200 million available from oligarch owner Ruben Muslimovic.

Up next for Brigantii is San Llera. Perhaps they will be able to put an end to the disruption in programming.
Last edited by Brigantii on Sun May 15, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Queer Poco el Mono Ara; Host of 1 World Cup, Cup of Harmony and Baptism of Fire, Winner of SOME... THINGS

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun May 15, 2016 8:31 am

Let's take some time away from the Premier League and focus on some transfer deals for now.

CRESCENT NEWS NETWORK
SPORTS CHANNEL - OFFICIAL WEBSITE

ABANHFLEFT • PRIDNESTROVIAOONTAZ DERT LI NGCOPPER CUPRUMTRENDSTARTFHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA

TRANSFER GOSSIP COLUMN: TANGEMEN, LESTER, CHRZANOWSKA, GANSON, CONWAY, ÜNTERHAUSEN, BINEVSKI, HARALAMPIEVA

For a list on all the latest deals, check out the transfers page

Rosenpfelblatz City's Isa Tangemen, 20, is on her way to Anglatia's Ross United for 10m Marks, with Leonne Warner rumored to be also part of the deal. (AnglatiaArising.an)

Arsenal de Releinthi, Riuwiee United, and Thereisnogodistan are in the chase for 18-year-old Charlie Lester's signature after the Tumbran U-21 starlet was released by Newport United. (The Aggregator)

Rosenpfelblatz City are seeking to keep Blaze Chrzanowska at the Aeroflot Stadium as the 16-year-old goalkeeper's loan comes to an end. (Rosenpfelblatz Examiner - subscription required)

And Carlos Cuvimi may look to invest in the future by signing Oliver Ganson, 16, from Tumbra's Ilcaster Town. (The Mezaladbyi Messenger)

Marinos Thimpodopoulos and Riuwiee United are just two of many clubs interested in Kings Park's Estelle Conway, 19, following the Schottic striker's last-minute heroics against Abanhfleft in the Di Bradini Cup. (Riuwiee Daily Bulletin)

Godric Wexler is looking to Melanie Ünterhausen, 19, to replace the retiring Carly Telima in the central attacking midfield position for Arsenal de Releinthi. (The Hun)

CSKA Tiraspol's Hristo Binevski, 26. is set to move to city rivals Sheriff Tiraspol for NS$2.6m plus additional bonus fees. (Pridnestrovian Central News Agency)

Union Rheinburg's Bisera Haralampieva, 24, is reportedly the chief transfer target of an undisclosed Anglatian club, rumored to be Hunsen Loggers. (Das Rheinburger Tages Zeitung - subscription required)

Sporting Ceneisis have agreed a NS$3.5m deal with Duhblakk Rovers for 20-year-old midfielder Orlando Vass. (Yugal Daily News)

Deportivo Mangudadatu will activate the NS$1m option to buy Bruno Marcellis from Sporting Ceneisis after the 22-year-old midfielder had spent two years on loan at the Oontaznik club. (Mangudadatu Daily Inquirer)

Admiral Porcusces have completed the transfer of Corentin Ulm, 18, from Eielo Sunlight, with the Ayyub club receiving up to NS$20.3m after performance and league position bonuses. (Porcusces Courier-Caller - subscription required)

Petrisor Frusina, 28, has declared an intention to move away from Malabon SC. (The Daily Mailman)

Rosenpfelblatz City's Matthew Cave recounts his scouting and managerial career, along with his trials and tribulations with the Mezaladbyi side's youth academy and players. (The Rosenpfelblatz Guardian - subscription required)

Mia Rojo is considering retirement after playing one more season with Sporting Ceneisis. (The Daily Mailman)
Mar Sara, Valanora
After the Round of 16 of Di Bradini Cup 37

Matthew Cave answered the video call on his laptop. It was from Carlos Cuvimi, manager of Rosenpflelblatz City. Cave was the manager of the club's youth teams, but he had come to Valanora with the club's scouts to look for young players with potential and talent to bring into the club for the future.

"Matthew, hello," Cuvimi said in greeting. "How is Valanora treating you?"

"Very well, actually, considering that they're all elves and a bit, well, snobby around us ordinary humans," Cave replied. "But to tell you the truth, Carlos, Valanora is treating me very well right now."

"That's good to hear," Cuvimi said. "How goes the scouting report?"

"It could be going better, honestly," Cave said. "The current crop of players isn't as promising as the last time, and there are few names and performances that pop up immediately, and those that do are already signed by other clubs with more clout than we do. Take Schottia, for example. Their two best players on the pitch yesterday were Billy Cross and Melanie Ünterhausen, and we both know that Godric is very reluctant to sell his young players, especially if they perform like they did yesterday."

"Are there any other options whom we should consider?" Cuvimi asked.

"There is one player whom we should really make an effort of signing," Cave said. "Oliver Ganson. He's from Tumbra; 16 years old, and is looking to be one of those gems kicking around in non-league football and potentially getting overlooked or ignored just because he plays for a team so low in the leagues no one outside their country or even the town it plays in knows it exists."

"Oliver Ganson, eh? I can't say that I've heard much about him, only that he plays for a team in the fourth division of Tumbran football and only got a call-up because the manager saw him score a brace. Do you really think that he has a chance of turning good and becoming a big player?"

"I think it's worth taking a shot," Matthew said. "Ever since we sold Kareem to the Semars, there hasn't been any good strikers or forwards coming out of our academy since him and Karen Villegas. And that's simply not a good sign of the future for us unless one of our own prospects suddenly becomes very good, or we bring in a good forward." Cave was referring to Kareem Dagen, the Rosenpfelblatz striker whose good showings in the Under-18 World Cup earned him a move to Semarland's Eikborg Club, and Karen Villegas, the small striker who had overcome the odds to become Rosen's best forward, just behind Alexandra Rousseau in terms of talent and skill.

"But, still, Matthew, a striker from Tumbra's fourth division? Isn't that quite a big risk?"

"Carlos, do you remember the last time that Rosenpfelblatz signed a player from non-league? Whatever happened to her, anyway?"

"She has just gone and become one of the best players that our club has ever seen," Cuvimi replied, referring to Rousseau. Alex Rousseau had been part of the Riuwiee State University team that won the institution's first and to date, only Riuwiee Provincial FA Cup, and she had been signed by Rosenpfelblatz as soon as she had graduated and earned her degree.

"That was a massive risk, Carlos, and you know it," Matthew said. "And it paid off massive dividends. What if Ganson turns out just like Alex?"

"Yes, there is a chance that Oliver Ganson could turn out like Alex Rousseau," Cuvimi admitted, "but there is also a chance that he will turn out like the many players signed from the lower leagues by the big clubs who ended up back in non-league or worse, not playing anymore at all."

"I think he'd be worth the risk, to be honest," Matthew admitted.

"All right, then," Carlos conceded. "It is your decision if you want to sign him or not now, Matthew. Now, are there any other players whom you think we should sign?"

"We should do all that we can to make sure that Blaze Chrzanowska stays with us," Matthew said. "With Tangemen on her way to Ross United--thank God for that--we're a bit lacking in the goalkeeper department. We tried to get that tall keeper from Quazira, Pestaño, Pizarro, or Pessaro, but the club wouldn't talk to us so that deal's all but dead. We need a new young keeper in our ranks, and I think Blaze fits that bill very nicely. She's quite a lot like Tangemen with regards to her goalie skills, but she doesn't have the personality problems and whatnot that Tangemen has. If we keep Blaze with us, we'll be better off in the long term."

"I'll take your advice into account for our new transfer policy," Cuvimi said after digesting Cave's words. "All right, you can go make an offer to Ganson and his agent, if he has one. I'll go talk to Underfell about the possibility of buying Blaze."

"Thank you for your trust in me, Carlos," Cave said. "Oh, and one more thing: how much should I offer?"

"As much as a million dollars," Cuvimi replied. "Goodbye, Matthew," he said, and then he ended the call. Matt nodded his head and closed his laptop. He had his work cut out for him now, as he had already inquired about the possibility of Oliver Ganson transferring to Rosenpfelblatz, and the club had told him to make a good offer as Ganson's family was poor. Exactly what constituted a good offer, Matt didn't know, but surely a million dollars was good enough?

Matt guessed that he would find out soon.
Raynor City, Valanora
The next day

Matthew Cave must consider himself lucky. He had managed to set up a meeting with his club's transfer target, Oliver Ganson, just a short while before Abanhfleft and Tumbra faced off against each other in the quarterfinals of the Di Bradini Cup. Of course, there would be gossip about his real intentions for the meeting. Some would claim that Cave had been told to make a transfer offer to Ganson so that the latter would consider not humiliating the nation to which he could potentially be going by scoring against them. Of course, that was just gossip and talk; Cave was only interested in the transfer and nothing else.

There was a small restaurant near the stadium where Ganson had agreed to meet Cave. As Matt entered the restaurant, he noticed a silver-haired man sitting with a young man wearing the warm-up clothes of the Tumbran national football team, and when Matt took his seat, he recognized the silver-haired man as Godric Wexler, manager of Arsenal de Releinthi Football Club. It wasn't hard to miss Wexler; he bore an uncanny resemblance to the current manager of the original Arsenal, none other than Arsene Wenger himself.

Matt ordered a light meal and sipped at some tea as he waited for both his meal and his guest to arrive. As he waited, he took the time to eavesdrop on Wexler's pitch to the Tumbran.

"...let me be honest with you, Charlie," Wexler said, "but while joining such a prestigious and storied club as Arsenal de Releinthi will do wonders for your career, I cannot guarantee that you will get into the first team immediately. Unless you perform really, really well, in the youth setup, and you show that you are ready for first-team football in Abanhfleft, then either you will keep playing in the youth levels, or if you would like, we can loan you back to either Newport or another club which is interested in a young center back like you."

"What guarantee can you give me that I will be playing in an Arsenal shirt?" Charlie, the Tumbran, asked.

"I told you," Wexler said. "If you play well with us, you could possibly be considered for selection sometime in the coming season. Or if you prefer to get first team minutes immediately, we can loan you out for this season and, judging from your performances, we will consider your future."

"But what if I want to play for you immediately?"

"Show us that you deserve to play with the first team, and we will consider you in our plans."

"Hello, Mr. Cave," Oliver Ganson, the young Tumbran striker from unknown Ilcaster Town, said as he walked over to Matthew's table.

"And hello to you too, Mr. Ganson," matt said as they shook. "Please, have a seat."

Ganson sat down in front of Cave. "So, let's get down to business," Matt said, rubbing his hands together. "Okay, Oliver--may I call you Oliver?" he asked.

"Yes, Oliver would be good," Ganson replied.

"All right, good. Okay, I'm going to cut to the chase now, Oliver. We want you to join Rosenpfelblatz City Football Club."

Ganson blinked. "You what? You want me to join your club?"

"Yes, of course!" Matt said. "We are a great and historic club with a reputation for winning titles and cups, along with developing young talent from all around the multiverse and turning them into stars. We see a great lot of potential in you, Oliver, and we'd like you to develop that with Rosenpfelblatz."

"Wowzers," Ganson muttered. "This is definitely unexpected, mate. Why choose me, of all people? That's what's honestly in my mind. I just can't wrap my mind around the thing. Why me?"

"I'll tell you why we chose you, Oliver," Matt said. "You remind us of a player who was playing in the lower leagues. She was just your average student playing varsity football for her university, and she just managed to win the Riuwiee Provincial FA Cup. Granted, she had a great squad with her, but we knew that she has the potential to be a world-beater just by herself. And do you know who that player is? She's Alexandra Rousseau, now considered one of the best players from Abanhfleft. We took a risk in signing her, Oliver; we certainly did. And the risk paid off big dividends. We hope to do the same with you."

Ganson was silent for a minute, and then he leaned towards Cave and asked him, "What are your terms?"

"Under the club's present wage scheme, you can be paid a maximum of 500 dollars a week since you are sixteen, which is the youngest age in the country in which we can finally give a person a contract," Cave said. "Now, I know that 500 dollars isn't much, but 500 dollars over the course of 52 weeks has got to count for something."

"But what about my family? Will I be able to support them on 500 quid a week?" Ganson asked.

"It doesn't have to be just you doing the supporting for your family," Matthew said. "Aside from the one million dollar transfer fee we're going to pay Ilcaster for you, we, meaning the City Group, are willing to offer jobs to your family. It all depends on their skills, but I'm sure the City Group can find something for them."

Cave looked at his watch and saw that it was almost time for the players to go to the stadium in preparation for their game. "Oh, will you look at the time," he said. "Look, it's too much to ask you to consider your decision in just a few minutes. Think about our offer, Oliver. We can give you a chance to be the best that you can be. If you'd like to take it, we're waiting." They shook hands and then went their separate ways.
CRESCENT NEWS NETWORK
SPORTS CHANNEL - OFFICIAL WEBSITE

ABANHFLEFT • PRIDNESTROVIAOONTAZ DERT LI NGCOPPER CUPRUMTRENDSTARTFHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA

DI BRADINI CUP 37: ABANHFLEFT VS SCHOTTIA

By Malik Qazizadah

Abanhfleft's Annamarie Sabado celebrates her goal against Schottia. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Andros Tasasa)

MAR SARA, VALANORA - Abanhfleft defeated Schottia in fine fashion to set up a quarterfinals meeting with Tumbra.

Melanie Ünterhausen gave Schottia a deserved lead early on in the match before Annamarie Sabado's controlled volley leveled matters at the half-hour mark.

Kareem Dagen added to his growing tally of goals with a strong finish past Harry Gould, and then quick strikes from DeAngelo Levin and Claudia Roos sealed the game in favor of the Young Revolutionaries.

But substitute Estelle Conway was able to toe-poke a consolation for Schottia past Ursula Qatintiki to keep the scoreline a little bit more respectable for her side.

Both sides were equally likely to advance following their respective performances in the group stage, but it was Schottia who deservedly went ahead after some intricate passing play between the midfield and the attack allowed Melanie Ünterhausen to latch onto a Billy Cross through-ball, get past a defense rendered static by the speed of events, and slotting past an unprepared Qatintiki.

Cross and Melanie (so called to distinguish from her brother Mark, who is also on the Schottic starting eleven) are both part of Arsenal de Releinthi, but their respective careers for the Gunners could not be more different. Cross had become a sort of cult hero in the Monsanto Stadium after the young Skot formerly playing in Gloriax and signed on a free after the Under-18 World Cup, proved more than a capable deputy for the oft-injured Ralph Dominguez by helping the Gunners to deep cup runs and a sustained title challenge, while Melanie had been on loan for three years straight coming into this DBC; two years with her former club Kelsey Merchants and most recently, a season-long loan with FC Soessch.

But watching the way the two of them linked up, it was easy to imagine that they had been constantly playing with each other under Godric Wexler for those three years.

At the other end of the Gunners spectrum, Sabado, who had been frustratingly quiet for most of the tournament, has finally opened her scoring account this season with a sublime volley from a saved Dagen effort, and it couldn't have come at a better time, with Abanhfleft 1-0 down and following a flurry of Schottic chances.

Almost immediately after kicking off the second half, Dagen continued his fine scoring form and knocked a simple ground pass from Mabel Finnemark past an unsteady Gould.

But the death blow to Schottia's chances of advancing came when Levin and Roos scored two goals in quick succession by taking advantage during a period in which the Skots looked shaky everywhere on the pitch.

Conway, the substitute striker from the Schottic Premier League's Kings Park, controlled Cross' long ball with a bounce of her head, and then she simply poked the ball into the net after getting past Qatintiki.

Abanhfleft's quarterfinals opponent will be Tumbra, who scored four past a mysteriously abject Farfadillis side, including a hat trick from relative unknown Oliver Ganson, who is rumored to be a transfer target for top Fleftic Premier League clubs.

Abanhfleft under-21 manager Celerino delos Reyes: "It's a nice feeling to see your players finally getting the rewards that they deserve. We were quick and clinical and we took advantage of our opponents' weakness, and that is why we won.

"Tumbra is a tough game, but at this stage, every team is a tough game. We can't afford to be complacent against anybody. We will follow the mentality of focusing on one game and not thinking ahead. We will follow the game plan and hope that we can win again."

ABANHFLEFT 4 - 2 SCHOTTIA
SABADO (30') ME. ÜNTERHAUSEN (18')
DAGEN (47') CONWAY (90+2')
LEVIN (70')
ROOS (72')
[floatright]SCHOTTIA
GK: 01 Gould
RB: 02 Mk. Ünterhausen
RCB: 03 Bishop
LCB: 04 Kirkland
LB: 05 Killanen (Velente - 90')
RCM: 06 Birch
LCM: 07 Deleuze (Eckernesy - 68')
RW: 08 L'Attue
CAM: 10 Cross
LW: 11 Bernman
ST: 09 Me. Ünterhausen (Conway - 78')
ABANHFLEFT
GK: 01 Qatintiki
RB: 02 Popov (Onyu - 66')
RCB: 03 Hartin
LCB: 04 Gibson (Baum - 80')
LB: 05 Fuller
RDM: 06 Levin
CDM: 07 Kleinmann
LDM: 08 Bolin (Roos - 66')
CAM: 10 Finnemark
RS: 09 Dagen
LS: 11 Sabado

MATCH STATS
Possession

Abanhfleft: 50%
Schottia: 50%
Shots
Abanhfleft: 13 (6 on target)
Schottia: 14 (7 on target)
Corners
Abanhfleft: 5
Schottia: 3
Fouls
Abanhfleft: 10
Schottia: 7
Last edited by Abanhfleft on Sun May 15, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sun May 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Explosive News: Sports
Semarland 1–2 Ethane @ Miner's Haven, Goldsan

Di Bradini Cup 37
Ethane v Unified Sunrise Islands @ Angelotic Temple, Longview

[Football] [Cricket] [Rugby] [Hockey] [Tennis] [Baseball] [Basketball] [Gaelic Football] [Other Sports]

Win against Semarland sends Ethane to Quarter-Finals

Wilmer Jaurequi, the surprise pick in Curtis Steeling's previous World Cup team, scored 2 goals to gift Ethane the win against Semarland and send them to the Quarter-Finals.

A match which certainly was played across the whole 90 minutes has brought Ethane 1 step further into their second Di Bradini cup. A miserable performance in the last cup saw them drop out early in the tournament, but with the team that the Ethanese have going for them today, they are far from the stage that they were at in the last cycle, and well towards establishing a strong youth and senior football team for the nation.

The team have successfully began to glue together, marking the start of something special for the Ethanian youth football teams.

In the game, the midfield of the Ethanians predominately controlled the game, giving the Ethanians 15 shots to Semarland's 6. This domination of the midfield certainly helped them in the game, as they pushed forward from their dominate position, able to launch much more effective attacks on their opponents than the Semarland players could manage.

That, and the defence of Ethane being absolutely on point, which is the strongest part of the team, left the Semarlands in a tough position to try to win. They did not give up though, and they certainly pushed for that win.

2 goals from Wilmer in the second half, in the 62' and 70' minute took the lead from the Semarland team, who had capitalised earlier in the match on a slight defensive error, knowing that they had to get ahead if they wanted a chance in the match early, to break past the Ethanian defence before they had settled in.

Jaurequi's form dictated that they would not have the lead going into the final few matches though, as he has come alive in his element at this tournament, really showing his true colours, which he was not able to do at the World Cup, being overshadowed by Dewayne Boivin and his current teammate, Rigby Headley. This will provide a difficult choice for Steeling in the World Cup, who has a strong pool of strikers to select from for the World Cup, in contrast to the choice he had last cycle.

The Semarland team were never out of the game until the final whistle though, and they certainly did not give the Ethanian defence a break. As soon as Jaurequi got the lead for Ethane in the 70' minute, the Semarland players were straight on their game, full on attack for the final 20 minutes of the game. Leon Kadamu was constantly looking for that goal, trying to pick the gap in the Ethanian defence to add to the goal he had scored in the 37' minute of the first half, and level out the game for the final few minutes, in the hope of taking the game to extra time, where
he hoped he could score again to pick the win of Ethane.

Some remarkable defending from Darien Fear, who was in the previous world cup team, and Rene Beckenhauer on the left back position, as well as strong goalkeeping from Nicholas Reed, refused any shot from the Semarland players, keeping themselves in the lead even while on the back foot in ultra-defensive mode.

The closest the Semarland team got was from a shot by Soren Sakho in the 87' minute from just inside the box, but a magnificent diving save from Reed kept the ball out of the net with just the tip of his fingers, poking the ball just around the post to avert the possibility of extra time.

The team will now go on to play against the Unified Sunrise Islands, who are expected to be a tough challenge for the young team, who beat the Holy Philippine Empire 1-0 in extra time. The USI also number 1 in the group with straight 3 wins, a contrast to Ethane's 2 wins and 1 loss for a second position finish in the group.

While they are expected to be a tough team to play against, manager Adam Grimlock is hopeful and full of praise: ''This team has done remarkably well to come this far in the tournament, and I am proud of them. That is not me dismissing this next game, that is honest, and is true. We do have a chance with this next game against the USI. We have a strong team who have proven themselves to be worthy of getting this far, winning against fairly decent teams, and this shows the committment and dedication they have put into this. If they can win against Semarland, I am sure they have the hunger to go further, and that hunger will show in this next game. This result is fantastic, and no matter who wins with USI, things are looking up for the future in the youth team.''
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sun May 15, 2016 1:33 pm

The trip to Longview gave them time to think. And dear Arceus, did they have a lot to think of. Sunrisians were very familiar with the later rounds of a Di Bradini Cup, what with having a major youth football system be one of their claims to fame, but once again, they didn't seem like a team, to say the least. Rivalries were a common thing on the Street League, after all that's something you should expect when you gather what literally amounts to crews of young men and women to play against each other on tight courts. Plus, most of their backgrounds being either outcasts or former martial arts students had to give them some sort of heat. And a rivalry guaranteed trouble when two groups of players were picked.

It was all a matter of place. The Wu World Order were considered Northern Sunrise's major street football club. Incorporating martial arts, rapping and a massive feeling of unity was what turned them into near untouchable masters. Shame they never were interested on pro football, often setting themselves aside from that scenery once they turned twenty-one. No one could gather most of their students, but there were records of alumni being by the hundreds, mostly men and women that might have turned the Sunrise from going sour at any point of history but never credited, whether as saviours or just as Wu alumni. Only after the Street League started, they were acknowledged (and taken much seriously). The only problem was that they might've turned soft: not being used with pro football wasn't their downfall, but something on the way to being legends all the way.

On the other side of Esportiva, now laid a nation known as Southern Sunrise Islands. Much diverse like their Northern fellows and just as complicated as such culture-wise, their street football scene was dominated by another team, the River City Bob-Ombs. Started out as a music band that loved to play street football on the side, the team became a powerhouse once the band decided to focus on their music and thus leave the club to their fans, who more or less ended up overshadowing the band. Their best line-up, however, nicknamed the Pilgrim's Bob-Ombs, terrorized the Southern Sunrisian street scene until being called up to play at the Street League. Their major line-up wouldn't last, however, their players ended up scoped by the Sunrisian branch of Centre for Excellence before that folded and they ended up all on different ways.

Needless to say, matches between the Wu and the Bob-Ombs were never really all that peaceful, even to Street League standards. Hell, their first match-up, with both line-ups as they were on their most glorious days ended with a time draw, a couple of injuries and a chunk of the Wu Temple on the ground; something that even regular Street League bullies Edenian Bonebreakers considered too much.

The thoughts of how to deal with both sides had tormented coach Bourbon from the start, they already were on the quarter-finals and she had no clue on how to figure this out. "I need time." she thought. "Hopefully we're still too far from Longview."

On another seat, another mind thought hundreds of lines. Joan-Kasumi had been without a team since the Centre allowed the Carvalho-Nagatomos to leave early from Apox, specially after they couldn't find anything dirty on the two Sunrisians and their family, even if that meant ignoring the other four kids they ended up adopting from Apox on their way home. "The Orange-Haired Devil" as some team-mates nicknamed her on the days back at Barbury wasn't exactly enticed with the options that remained. She was on a state of stasis for football teams, as in there was no surprise that she was a pretty good talent that could easily move rocks on the Sunrisian domestic scene and might as well be capable of shooting her way around anywhere else, but no team had really decided on what they'd bid the girl.

Even at home, she had no clear suggestion. Doesn't help her adoptive parents had different backgrounds and clearly preferred different ways even if there was no doubt she wanted to be a football player come heaven or hell. Namine, a street footballer, couldn't even fathom how her daughter could even ponder about it. The way to be was the Sunrisian way, she thought, often pointing out to the Street League. Her father, Mateus, a Medicine scholar on Davestone University, often found himself having to do double duty on his almost-amateur days on Andarahy and surely thought that his daughter could use the degree and maybe give the USICA their so much needed star power, if she'd inquire to. Project +90 wasn't an option to her, at least, even with her parents working there as "a Centre player is a Centre player for life" and she wouldn't even play on that particular black and white shirt +90 had.

The Apoxian had to run, though, what with the season starting soon.
Last edited by Northern Sunrise Islands on Sun May 15, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Pasarga
Ambassador

Postby Pasarga » Sun May 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Torgos Tribune ~ Steady Progress

It felt like the Young Wanderers were under siege for ninety minutes with the way Kirisaki was with their offensive pressure against the Wanderers. However all it takes during a siege is a single smuggler to bring in supplies to reinforce the morale and prolong the siege beyond that which the besiegers can withstand themselves. That was exactly what the Young Wanderers got when Sankt was fouled inside the Kirisaki box in one of the few counter opportunities that was afforded to the side during the match. With Sankt sprung from the defensive duty and relieving the pressure valve, he sprinted forward from the Wanderers own box and into the Kirisaki end. Just inside the box, he was tripped up from behind, with the defender being quite lucky to get away with a mere yellow card but it was the penalty that was awarded that was the key.

Ingþór Auðbjörnsson stepped up to the spot, with van Setten having appointed the young striker with the responsibility and trust to take the penalties for the squad, and readied himself for the moment that the Wanderers needed in order to get something from the match. A quick collection of the breath, placing the ball just where he wanted to, was followed with a short run up and shot that went into the net with perfection. Just like that, despite sixty minutes of being on the wrong foot, the Wanderers had taken the lead and were now instead holding onto a lead instead of trying to hold out for a draw. Kirisaki was not about to give in though and the siege was relentless, though the Wanderers' backline stepped out and stepped out, keeping Kirisaki at bay until the final whistle blew and somehow, someway the Young Wanderers had advanced in a game they had no reason in winning.

However there is no rest for the weary though, as none other than the Royal Kingdom of Quebec will be up next for the Young Wanderers, after they pulled off the upset of the round when they bounced Ceni in Longview. Affectionately known as The Grim Reapers, the Wanderers are favorites for the match but they will have to be weary not to be reaped the same way that Ceni was. Ceni was an absolute favorite for the match against Quebec and despite that, Quebec was able to offensively destroyed Ceni to the tune of four goals, though their offensive way did allow for Ceni to grab a pair of goals themselves. Yet it was naught and now our side gets to test their offensive mettle and defensive strength against this surprise side. Can the Wanderers' pull out the win again or will the cinderella continue their run?

Valanora
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Sun May 15, 2016 5:14 pm

In the end of the night, who will be preparing for the semifinals?

Quarterfinals
San Llera 0–3 Brigantii @ Donna Cathedral, Mar Sara
Ethane 0–1 Unified Sunrise Islands @ Angelotic Temple, Longview
Quebec 0–4 Pasarga @ Hatire Memorial, Capri
Abanhfleft 1–2 Tumbra @ Turmondale Grounds, Raynor City

Semifinal Fixtures
Brigantii v Unified Sunrise Islands @ The White Fortress, Gladerial
Pasarga v Tumbra @ Artani, Mar Sara
Last edited by Valanora on Sun May 15, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)

EPL Season 20,073

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun May 15, 2016 5:59 pm

Part 1 Part 2

Exclusive Interview with Kéirâ Andìsorì
By: Jordan Lawless, DBl, Chromatik City Courier

Part 3: Aspirations & Conclusion

When I hear her give me permission to ask a few more questions, three spring to my mind; two of them were related to football, and one wasn't. I hoped that we had been getting along well enough that the questions would come across as from someone who was genuinely interested in her as a person instead of just as a journalist. I first inquired what her goals were for the immediate future as far as football was concerned, and how she aspired to achieve those goals. This was a question that a lot of the Chromatik populace were wondering of her, as there were rumors as to her only playing for foreign clubs to returning when she turned of age to the Chromatik system. I also knew of a few big-name clubs in the League Chromatiks who were waiting with baited breath for any sign of interest.

Kéirâ looks back at me, and doesn't even blink. I can tell that this was something she had already thought about long and hard, and made up her mind on. "I bet a lot of people want to know if I'll spend my entire career in Ethane, eh? Well, for the considerable future, I plan on devoting myself to Letson Town and becoming a great footballer there, learning the terminology, developing teamwork, and becoming a durable player that is consistent in nature. They were the ones to throw in their hat on me first, so I believe they deserve some loyalty and commitment from me. However, I am only seventeen, and I plan on playing until I'm obsolete and don't deserve to any more. Who knows where I can go in the future? Maybe I'd return home someday. But not for a while. Not as long as Letson Town wants me."

I have to chime in and ask what her dream league to play in would be. She blushes scarlet, and admits, "I would love to play in Valanora. We'd have a lot of proving to do before that happens, but that would be the ultimate paradise for me. To play for the league that I first learned about football from, in such a historical country of football."

Next, I ask her about the impact she wanted to leave in the sport of football, both as a Chromatik and in the broader sense as part of the footballing world. It was a question I liked to ask players to see what kind of figures they aspired to be, and just how large the scope of their vision was. I'd heard some interesting answers, most of them wanting to make it to the National Team, to make it to a big club team, etc., but nothing prepares me for the answer that Kéirâ has.

"I want to be one of the greatest players to ever play the game," she states, "To be remembered along with the likes of Simeone Di Bradini, Laborious Hawk, and some others. I want people to think of my name when they think of our nation. I know it's a lofty goal, and might be impossible, but I believe that impossible goals are there to be attempted, to try and to fall short in the process. Hopefully, along the way, you end up with a respectable result, you know? I think with my natural talent and work ethic, it may be worth pursuing."

To have the guts to say that to anyone, yet alone a journalist, is gutsy, yet alone to say it in such an even, sure tone. I can tell she believes with all her heart that she can do what she is saying. It does seem a bit lofty, but belief in self is often the first step to attempting the unattainable, and attempting must be accomplished in order to have even a sliver of a chance of succeeding. I can't help but root for her and wish her the best in her future, but before I tell her so, I must ask her my third question.

I ask her lastly to say something to people who are interested in her career, people who may watch her in Letson Town, and definitely in international competitions along with the DBC squad, and perhaps the senior NT team in the future. She seems taken aback by the question, and looks genuinely uncomfortable for the first time this entire interview. I quickly explain that it's standard procedure to ask for the interviewee to make some shout-outs to those who had helped them get to this point. It is then I realize that Kéirâ hasn't had anyone do that, at all. She's relied on her own strength to get to this point.

"I'd like to thank my critics and my doubters," she states, looking straight at me, "It's your words and your intentions that make me absolutely sure of what I am doing. I know what I want, and I am doing whatever I can to get it or get to it, as fast and also as thoroughly as possible. So, keep on making comments about how I abandoned my country, keep on saying rumors about my origin, my intent, or what I should or shouldn't do. All that just gives me fuel to keep on going to live the life that I choose to live, to do things that I believe in. As for those who have waited to hear from me before making decisions, I thank you for your patience and for your aptitude to wait for the right information before jumping to conclusions. I will try to prove myself worthy of such attention."

If it was anyone else, their voice would've risen and fallen, and almost thundered at key moments. However, with Kéirâ, it's even more haunting because she just says it all as if it's such blatant obvious truth that it shouldn't be a surprise at all. I thank her for her time, and stand up to leave; she stands up with me. After I pack up, Butler comes with my coat, and I don it.

"Thank you for coming, Mr. Lawless. I was always nervous of the news. But if they're even half as nice as you are, perhaps they're not bad at all. Hopefully, the Ethanian news is the same way."

I wish her the best of luck, and she holds out a hand. I shake it. It's a firm, good handshake, with solid grip, with intent eye gaze the whole time. I go to the door, and realize Butler has already opened it.

"Have a nice rest of the day, Mr. Lawless," he chimes. I ask her what she's going to do with Butler when she starts traveling to competitions and ultimately when she heads off to Ethane.

"Oh, he'll be coming with me. Ethane has no laws prohibiting him being my servant there like he is here. There's definitely some modifications I have in mind, too. Been working on a comprehensive language software that will pick up languages he picks up with his auditory sensors and stores them into a database for him to process and learn how to speak. Should be fun to test," she answers.

As I close the door behind me and walk out into the Chromatik City night, I am struck by the character of a woman that I had just met. Kéirâ is not just any girl living alone in Chromatik City. She's not just any footballer trying to make her way in the world. No, not at all. She's believer, she's a worker, she's a free spirit, she's an independent woman, and most importantly, she's a dreamer, living to achieve that dream.

I salute her. I will definitely be following her career with added interest, now. She embodies that Chromatik spirit - being who you were made to be, even while the end product is still changing.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Sun May 15, 2016 10:34 pm

One Chance

Somewhere in Valanora

Tristan Hale was having a nightmare.

Normally he had nightmares about more mundane things, like test results or falling from an aeroplane. But this one was different.

He was on the sidelines of a football pitch, while he saw the rest of the national football team running down the pitch, controlling the ball. At the head of the formation was a familiar lanky, ash brown-haired player with the words "GANSON - 32" on his back.

Except the national team weren't playing in the national team's colours, but Thurmond United's colours, and Ganson was using his number. His number 32. The stadium in which they were playing in melted into Thurmond United's colours, and the rest of the team melted away as well. Everyone melted away except for a man standing a few feet away, Ganson and himself.

Ganson scored.

The man turned around. He began walking toward Hale and began speaking. It seemed to be a grotesque mashup of his father's and Keith Holloway (the manager of Thurmond United) 's face.

"Well, it seems that you failed to make use of that one chance. As you can see here, Ganson's much better than you, so I think we'll either be loaning you out or releasing you altogether."

Hale tried to struggle, tried to scream, and began writhing about, but found that there were restraints holding him back down, like that match against Amazonesta...

He blacked out.

-***-

The Grand Hotel, Raynor City

I lay in bed, in complete darkness. The events of today - was it still today? - were unfolding in my head like a newsreel.

Jesus. Rosenpfelblatz City! Ahbanfleft! Somewhere that wasn't Ilcaster! The possibilities were unravelling in my head. What did they see in me? What did Robin see in me?

In the bed next to me, Charlie was speaking in hushed tones into his phone. I managed to catch some of what he was saying.

"...away from Newport, mum! They've released me! Plus Arsenal de Relenthi are one of the best clubs in Abanhfleft..."

He placed down his phone a few minutes later.

"They agreed! All I need to do is sign that contract and I'll be in..."

What would the ramifications of my move be? Leaving Ilcaster would be a very big moment indeed. If what the City said were true, my family's financial security would be secure as well. But Gordon

Gordon would approve. Wouldn't he? He'd always wanted the best for me, and wasn't this the best thing for me?

I picked up the hotel phone, being too lazy to pick up my own handphone, and dialled a number.

-***-

Ilcaster, Tumbra

'Well wouldn't you know it, April. Ollie has a transfer offer from none other than Abanhfleft." Edward mentioned to April Ganson, his wife, as they were eating dinner.

"Well, we should get Gordon over and see what he thinks."

"I'll do that tomorrow, but he did mention something along the lines of jobs for us. I've been unemployed for the longest time ever since that blasted mine closed down. I can't believe Ollie's our main breadwinner..."

"It looks like your mind has already been made up, Ed," April mentioned, with a hint of mirth.

"Doubt so. Ahbanfleft's a good distance away from here."

"But the opportunity to let Oliver get a better life, and for us to get jobs...We aren't exactly spring chickens, you know. Employment opportunities get lesser and lesser the older we get. Sooner or later we'll be working as cleaners or something. And prices aren't exactly going lower..."

"I'll call Gordon, see what he thinks. He'll be the main advisor to my decision. But I have this feeling the boy will sign the contract anyway."

-***-

Raynor City, later that morning

Attempting to put the transfer behind me, I had a job to do. We were going up against Abanhfleft, a match that promised to be our hardest one yet.

We were all visibly nervous as Robin announced the team lineup. Somehow I felt as if there was a bit of nervousness in his voice as well. It was his biggest match in his time as coach. The Fleftics!

"Carr, Elliot, Hartwidge, Lester, Lawrence, Sanders, Rhys-Stevens, Dalton, Hussein, Ganson, Richardson. On the bench will be Hudson, Tyler, Krabb, Gardner, Holt, Atkins and Lee. In the stands will be Byrne, Sangford, Holt and Valentino. All right, there isn't much time. This is do-or-die. If we make it through, we'll be going up either against Pasarga or Quebec again. Frankly, I'd rather go up against Quebec, seeing as we've faced them before, but who knows..."

His voice trailed off as the team began eating their breakfast. We'd made it this far - further than any other team ever had done. Sure, we could still fail, but amongst the air of nerves was a distinct air of confidence as well.

It was going to go well. Was it? I didn't know.

"We're training penalties, in case the match goes awry and we're forced down to pens." A grimace crossed Robin's face as he announced the news. Tumbra weren't known for doing well in penalty shootouts. They'd lost in every single penalty shootout they'd been in.

"The Prime Minister may attend the final if we get there. We might face off against San Llera, Brigantii, Ethane or the USI. None of these matchups look particularly easy, but when you get to the stages of a tournament like this..."

A murmur appeared from the team. The PM was facing a crisis of confidence lately. His Chancellor's Budget hadn't been the best, and support ratings for him were at an all-time low. If an election was to be held tomorrow, the papers predicted, Leader of the Opposition David Walker would be in 1 Parliament Street before he knew it. Turning up at a major sporting event like this would certainly boost morale.

"Let's focus on today's match, however."

-***-

Turmondale Grounds, Raynor City

Rhys-Stevens led the team onto the pitch for what was possibly our final match. The odds were extremely against us. We were far from favourites to win. The odds on us winning through penalties were 100/1, and winning in normal time was 11/4. Contrast that to the Fleftics, who were 2/1 to win.

We felt outgunned, but I think for Charlie and I it was mostly a sense of nervous anticipation. To think we could be playing with these players next season! To think we could be playing for Rosenpfelblatz City or Arsenal de Relenthi next season...

I refused to let that overcome me. It isn't good to let your mind drift away from the task at hand.

The match got off to a horrendous start. Kareem Dagen scored in the first minute, taking advantage of our really nervous mindset. As he wheeled away, Rhys-Stevens beckoned us to the centre circle.

"Look, we cannot allow this to keep happening. If it does, we might as well forefeit the match now because there's no way we'll win the way we're playing."

The talk seemed to inspire something within us, and we suddenly became the same as our former selves. We settled into a rhythm, which culminated in me assisting Almar twice, as we put the match to bed in the second half.

The first goal came when Rhys-Stevens sent a long ball upfield, obviously meant for me. I caught up, but passed the ball sideways because there were some very menacing Fleftic defenders next to me. Almar picked up the ball, stepped past his man and booted the ball in confidently.

The second goal came following the end of a lull where players from both sides were feeling more tired. Lester, having stopped a supposed pass, sent a long ball upfield. I used my head, and the ball met Almar's head, and the ball met the back of the net. As he wheeled away, all our nerves faded away. We were back to our classic selves back again.

Simultaneously, we learned that we were going to face Pasarga in the semis, as the whistle blew and we all converged in the centre circle again, rejoicing after the hardest match so far. Harder than Azrea. Harder than Quebec.

We could take on the world. That was the general mood in the team when we reached the hotel again, and prepared to go to Mar Sara, where we would face off against Pasarga.

-***-

Somewhere in Valanora

Somehow, from Tristan Hale's befuddled state of semi-consiousness, he heard voices floating in and out of his mind.

"...something must have happened, but we can't figure out what. He was suffering from shock due to a massive loss in blood, and an open right tibia fracture, but I've never seen a casualty remain unconsious for this long after these minor injuries. We tried looking for a concussion, but couldn't find anything..."

"Why a concussion?"

"Sir, our paramedics reported that while he was on the stretcher, he managed to resist it and fell off. We tranquilised him after that but somehow I doubt that would make him out cold for nearly a week..."

A WEEK?

"Then you have the report that he was writhing again in his bed this morning, which is the reason why we called you down today. We don't know what it is. Perhaps you might want to have a talk with your son..."

"I will. Thank you, doctor."

"Will his footballing skills be impeded in any way?" A deeper tone of voice began speaking. Was it Holloway? Tristan desperately tried to see, but his vision was so blurry and his eyes somehow refused to open more than a tick...

"Once he comes round, we'll do further tests but the reports are mostly positive. There's no long-lasting damage, or will be."

"Hmmm. Thank you."

It was at this moment that Tristan emitted a cry similar to someone who was paralysed. The doctor, Keith and Stephen Hale huddled around his bed.

"He's coming round, definitely. I'll go get the nurse to get some food for the boy - he must be famished." The doctor ambled out of the room while Stephen retired to a corner, picking up a copy of the Herald, which he had picked up somewhere in Tumbra. On the back pages, Tristan read the headline in shock.

"GANSON SCORES THREE AGAINST FARFS; THROUGH TO QUARTER-FINALS!"

He then looked up at the knowing face of Keith Holloway.

"Well then, Hale. Your dad," he said whilst jabbing his thumb at the now outstretched newspaper "and I have had a little chat. I hate to break this news to you immediately after your...incident," he murmured while looking up and down Tristan's body, "but I'm afraid it's a necessity. Your father generously paid for my ticket to Valanora, of course..."

"But let's stop with the sidetracking, shall we? I'll just give you the news. You're going on loan."

The words hit Tristan like a leaden knell.

"You're one of our brightest talents, but we feel that you're just not ready for the team just yet. According to your father, you need to learn some humility. Fortunately or unfortunately for you, I feel the same way. Going out of the way to score solo goals, not passing, et cetera...the list goes on and on."

Rustling. Crackling. Stephen Hale turned a page on the newspaper. Oliver Ganson's smile was still staring Stephen Hale dead in the eye, as if daring him to a fight.

"We've found a suitable team for you - that team is Creetown and Albridge. They play less than forty miles from where we do, so there should be nothing lost. Unless you have another team in mind...?" Holloway stared at Hale as if he were some judge preparing to deliver a death sentence.

"Thurmond United."

"So no objections then...very well. I thought I'd update you on the team's progress. You'll be attending either the Third Place Match, or the Final, depending on where the hell the team ends up, of course."

"They're in the semis?"

"Thanks to a 4-0 victory over Farfadillis and a 1-2 victory over Abanhfleft...which concluded just two hours ago. The two of us rushed here after this match. Young Ollie Ganson's doing very well, and if not for Fleftic interest, the country would be all over him. Well, we did hear of some interest from the neighbours, but apparently that all came to nought..."

Stephen Hale hadn't said a word. Holloway noticed this.

"Stephen, d'ya want to talk to your boy?"

"No need for that, Keith - I think you've accurately covered all that we need to cover. Well, let's go. I have no idea whether the trains in this place run 24/7, and I don't want to find out if they don't."

As Keith and Stephen walked out, Tristan felt alone.

Abanhfleft 1-2 Tumbra

Abanhfleft Scorers: Dagen 1' Tumbra Scorers: Hussein 47', 66'
Abanhfleft Bookings: NIL Tumbra Bookings: Atkins 37'
Last edited by Tumbra on Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Mon May 16, 2016 9:49 am

"Are you done with your bullshit!?" yelled the keeper Brâm Couch.Tension on the Teenagers from Mars had reached their boiling point with both groups flat out refusing to take the field if they had to deal with the other group on the same line-up. Bourbon's efforts hadn't worked and the players were arguing with each other, commoners trying to work some sense on the two groups of alumni, succeeding with one or two, but failing massively with the arguably more talented ones. Tired of the ego wars, Brâm started to yell inside the locker room. "THIS IS THE DI BRADINI CUP! NOT YOUR STREET LEAGUE SHENANIGANS! GROW THE FUCK UP."

Silence. Joan-Kasumi got up from one of the benches, walking peacefully through the locker room on her way to the field against Ethane. She walked by the angry captain, before stopping right on front of the door. The keeper stared daggers at her, assuming she was leaving, though he should've assumed Joan-Kasumi's personality about football making it impossible for her to leave a match. "Well." she said, without changing her severe, almost cold tone. "I came here to play football. If none of you want to play, I'll gladly represent alone the colours that I wasn't even born under." And thus, she left to the field.

John Charlton then sprung from the bench, with Katarina Felinae to the side. The girl got a nice pat on the head from the other left-back of the squad, the two simply smiling on front of the somewhat shocked manager and angry captain. "I guess we're on the same boat on that." said John. "Ms. Bourbon, Brâm. We want to play." The two then followed Joan-Kasumi to the pitch. Zeku Hachimonji and Harry Law would then get up from their sports, their green shoes being a reminder of their status at Babylon Heights Greenhawks. Zeku bowed to Lynette. "I hope our performance tonight will give you a reason to think of having us on the main roster, miss." Harry said. Zeku looked at the captain. "I'll gladly step in to take up the keeper spot if you're too angry, Brâm." Brâm nodded, the two left to the pitch.

Young sensation Andrexas Sxodmuren, as young as he was, had a mature moment by following. His team-mate Mexner Goxildon would follow. Kajiwara, Birdo and Aikawa left afterwards, joining the squad on the pitch. One by one, the players that hadn't spent time playing for either the Wu World Order or the River City Bob-Ombs joined Carvalho-Nagatomo on the field. The only people left were the Wu-Tang Seven and the Pilgrim's Bob-Ombs. Couch kept staring at both groups. Knives faltered, getting up from her spot, to which her ex-team-mates answered with a none too pleasing huff. "We're the Sunrisians. Not the Bob-Ombs." She said as she left the locker room.

"Y'know. She's right." pointed Dirt Jones, as he got up from the bench as well, looking at his team-mates, certainly a whole lot more acceptable of that opinion, but still refusing to take part. "Look, y'all. We're here to represent! Fuck whatever place we come from. Be it Wu Represent or nah." The group thought about it for a bit, before Prince simply stared up his ex-team-mate. "You're on ya own, partna. Not that we don't like your point. But nah." Dirt continued his way, looking at the other group before nodding to Couch on his way out. "Peace, brotha." said Blaze Stallion as Dirt left. "Ol' Baby Ash says peace." Jones motioned back, walking his way to the pitch.

Couch sighed, looking at the clock. Twenty minutes left before the match. "Fuck it." said Lynette, as she got up from the bench after spending the last hour motionless, thinking on her own mind, ignoring the noise but aware of how things were at the moment. "Let's go, Couch. I'll have Zeku play, you're probably not in the mood, but surely you can help from the bench." She walked past the revolting players, not even looking at them, to which Pilgrim took offence. "Hey, what about us!?" he yelled.

Couch had a smirk on his face. "You're no Sunrisians. You're just some low-level street kids. Shame we can't call up proper Sunrisians now."

The Sunrisians fought hard but thanks to a clock beater shot from Joan-Kasumi, the Teenagers from Mars were now on the semi-finals. Or rather, the actual Sunrisians were.
Last edited by Northern Sunrise Islands on Mon May 16, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Brigantii
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Brigantii » Tue May 17, 2016 1:02 pm

It was a clash for the ages. Two would become one and one would be going into the semi-finals. It was an encounter that had pulled in the fans and they watched with anticipation and anxiety, glued to their screens, cheering on their favourites, it was one of the biggest events in Brigantii this year, and the quarter final of the under 21's world cup was on too.

Obviously, the big event was World Wrestling Championship's Wrestling Gladiator tournament. An annual wrestling tournament held by Brigantii's premiere "Sports Entertainment" company, to crown a wrestling gladiator, who had fought their way through a gauntlet of competitors. It was the quarter finals and "The Fabulous Brutus" Cleopatra faced off against Ludovig Strigoi. Clad in a purple and gold leotard and standing 6ft 6ins, the lipstick wearing drag queen, Brutus was the unlikely face in the encounter (face being wrestling terminology for "good guy") while at 6ft 9ins, and imbued with "vampiric powers" Ludovig was the heel (bad guy). Brutus was a fan favourite in Brigantii, despite his unusual appearance, and received a large "pop" when he came out onto the ramp with his thumping techno intro music. His opponent, Strigoi slunk his way to the ring through a haze of dry ice fog and deep organ music. In a fifteen minute bout the two traded blows and bumps in one of the year's most entertaining matches. Their styles were very different, with the more flamboyant Brutus a classically trained technician but capable of standing drop kicks and flying elbows, while Strigoi was a powerhouse, capable of lifting and tossing Brutus around. Eventually through outside interference from Strigoi's two thralls, Ichor and Vermin, whose minds are controlled by his vampiric powers the match swung in the way of the villain when they took advantage of the referee being knocked down and double teamed Brutus, with a chair shot each to his cranium. The large mysterious leader of The Belfry advanced to the semi-finals to do battle with one of the companies top stars Buddy Aces.

Buddy Aces had been the star of WWC from the very founding of the company and was a multiple time champion. With a physique carved from marble and a model-esque visage Aces was a hero to men and women alike with his outstanding wrestling ability and unparalleled physical appearance. In his quarter final match up he had beaten another statuesque wrestler, the six foot ten Adonis Anderson.

In the football, if anyone was watching, Brigantii reached the semi-finals with a superb 3-0 win, with goals from Samuels, Wilbraham and Trenton Sudworth, scoring his first for the national team. Now between Brigantii and a place in the final were the Unified Sunrise Islands who overcame Ethane in their quarter final game.
Formerly Queer Poco el Mono Ara; Host of 1 World Cup, Cup of Harmony and Baptism of Fire, Winner of SOME... THINGS

Pasarga
Ambassador

Postby Pasarga » Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Torgos Tribune ~ Reaping Quebec

The Young Wanderers were the betting favorites against Quebec, everyone knew that going into the match, and by that they were heavy favorites, even more so than Ceni had been when the two had played in the Round of Sixteen. However when Quebec defeated Ceni, they showed that they had no regard for what the betters and analysts though of their chances of emerging victorious from a match, that they had control of their own destiny and not were going to be subjugated to some fate that said they ought to lose to their betters. In that quality, you have to give them a certain amount of respect, looking forward to self determination even in the face of complete adversity and everyone telling you that you can not simply do what you have set out to do. It is that quality that made them a dangerous opponent for the Young Wanderers and one that the entire team had to be ready for to compete against. Any sign of weakness would have been bounced on by Quebec and made to serve in their own quest of winning this illustrious title.

What transpired that was nothing short of brilliance and discipline that even army drill sergeants would be proud of, as the Wanderers rolled over Quebec in a way that even the betters and analysts could have hardly suspected. Ingþór Auðbjörnsson added another goal, keeping up his pace of scoring at least a single goal in every game thus far in the competition and continuing to prove all the scouts right when they have deemed him the next great Pasargan prospect. However he was just one of four scorers on the day for the Wanderers as each member of the squad was indeed quite ready for the challenge of the Quebec side, proving that this squad can handle the pressure of being a heavy favorite in a game. It is a good lesson not just for what remains of this tournament but for each of these players as they move forward in both their domestic and prospective international careers.

Joining Ingþór Auðbjörnsson on the scoresheet for the Wanderers was Franko Ivanović, Christopher Fosse, and Jens Kåsa, the latter two who both scored off of free kicks, managing to get to the end of them before the Quebec defense could respond. The display in all areas of the game was quite convincing for any Pasargans as well as anyone who has been watching the tournament that this side has what it takes to potentially win the second Di Bradini Cup. While everyone enters with the hope of winning the tournament, much like in the World Cup and Copa Rushmori, there are those who actually believe in that hope and are able to overcome the obstacles and adversity that tense tournaments like this provide. It is obvious after the Quebec match that this squad has had that belief from the moment they landed in Valanora, even when the situation was not always looking in their favor.

However at this stage of the tournament, with only four teams left and four matches left in the entirety, one of which being more or less a glorified friendly, all squads have had to have the belief they could win. While some of their own native country may doubt their belief or talent, like Brigantii, you can not take anything away from the players and to go into the forthcoming matches with a confidence of utter victory would be in contempt of the fair play and skill of your opposition. Regardless of the stature of the national team ahead of you, to not respect your opponent enough in the semifinal stage of the tournament that you think there can only be one outcome is to have an ego so large that hubris is sure to strike.

In so doing, the Young Wanderers must look at their semifinal fixture with Tumbra as if it is a match against the likes of Eura or Nephara in the full national side. Despite very little known about Tumbra or how they have played, that they have reached the Semifinals and defeated a very good Abanhfleft side in order to make it here speaks volumes of what they are capable of. Let us not forget that this is the same side that took Farfadillis all out attack in total football and flipped it on them, to a familiar scoreline of four to nil. Dangerous in the attack they are, more dangerous in that there is such a bereft of history for them for us to study and analyze. Such that it is that instinct and talent will have to be the keypoints of the day, difference makers in a match that stands on the edge of a blade. In this balancing act, with each side feeling as if one hand is on the trophy already, each step taken must be done so with caution and purpose, for any hesitation means you have already lost.

Valanora
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Tue May 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Who shall win and advance to the Final masquerade

Semifinals
Brigantii 4–4(4–5 AET) Unified Sunrise Islands @ The White Fortress, Gladerial
Pasarga 4–3 Tumbra @ Artani, Mar Sara

Final
Unified Sunrise Islands v Pasarga @ The Battleground, Raynor City

3PPo
Brigantii v Tumbra @ Angelotic Temple, Longview
Last edited by Valanora on Tue May 17, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EPL Season 20,073

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Wed May 18, 2016 4:13 am

One Chance

Raynor City

Charlie had signed his contract earlier, and was pleased as punch about it. His parents were on their way to Valanora for the team's final match, and possibly to get in touch with some representatives from Arsenal de Relenthi, to find out what exactly their club entailed. They would be pleased.

I didn't know what my parents had in store for me. I was sixteen - still under the legal age to make decisions for myself. Charlie, though eighteen, wanted his family to be fully aware of his decision to move to Abanhfleft, and possibly to convince his family to come along with him.

I didn't know how I'd contact my family. Dad didn't seem to be too happy about the offer when I talked to him over the phone and Mom would, naturally, follow in his decisions.

Naturally.

Of course, we still had the semi against Pasarga, who had beaten the Quebecois team four goals to nil. I'll admit it, if we thought our run was over at Abanhfleft, I certainly thought so now. We were doomed. They'd scored FOUR against a team we couldn't even score ONE against! Admittedly, their top scorer wasn't in form that day and the Pasargans caught them off guard, but 4-0 against a team in our own group was still extremely dangerous and scary - especially one that we'd only beaten on goal difference.

Still, if we were to go out, we were to go out like heroes. Heroes of the team, heroes of our clubs. Excitement in the country was nearly at fever pitch, for we hadn't ever had a team reach a semi-final of any competition - and we were late for the previous iteration of the CE. There was no denying that there was pressure on the team - even more than in any previous match. Still, Robin attempted to reassure us of the opposite.

"Lads, there isn't any pressure on you. Ha ha, we'll probably win. Ignore whatever the press is saying about you all..."

The excitement within the team was palpable. Combined with our nervousness, the team felt very strange indeed. We thought we were going to do well - and we had, reaching the semis on our second try in this competition - but somehow we felt like we were going to mess up somehow in front of an expectant crowd and a dominant showing from the Young Wanderers of Pasarga, while they'd just come out of the easiest match of their life.

What could we do?

-***-

Ilcaster

"I'm signing it, Gordon. The opportunity is too good to pass up for young Oliver. He needs the development, and I've already turned down one offer."

"Ed...please. Reconsider. One thousand five hundred a week and guaranteed place in the matchday squad. Please. I've watched him since he could walk, much less run, and I don't need anyone to tell me Ollie is one of - scratch that, the footballer with the most potential I've seen in a long, long while. I've managed in Thurmond, Pickford and Goldlion, and..."

"If you say that, Gordon, you should recognise that Ilcaster isn't the best place for Ollie to continue his development."

"He needs playtime, and I'm giving it to him. We finished nineteenth last season thanks to him --"

"Out of twenty-four."

"Ed, the final decision lies with you, and I respect that, but I can't help but get the feeling that you called me here to announce your decision to me..." Gordon looked away dejectedly as he began gathering his things. "Wish Ollie good luck for me. And good luck in Abanhfleft. I'll miss you two."

"I'll miss Ilcaster too, and you." Ed managed to bring up a grimace as he prepared to show Gordon out.

Gordon left, silently, possibly for the last time.

"Dear...are you sure about this?"

"Yes." Ed said as he closed the door behind them. "I'll notify Oliver that we'll be signing the contract. First flight out of Tumbra after he gets back. D'you think housing prices in Abanhfleft are affordable?"

-***-

Mar Sara

And today's lineup for the game against Pasarga is as follows. Carr in goal, followed by Krabb and Lawrence on the flanks, with Hartwidge and Tyler in the middle. Rhys-Stevens as the defensive pivot, with Dalton and Valentino on either side. In front, we have Hussein on the left, Richardson on the front and Ganson leading the line.

What d'ya think about this transfer speculation, that he'll move to Abanhfleft for one of the biggest clubs in there? Would certainly be a step up from Ilcaster Town, is it?

Of course, Colin, it certainly would. He's already scored six goals, and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on today. On the Pasargan side...

We were in the dressing room, listening to a old radio which Atkins had brought along with him. Six goals in six matches. One hat-trick. The pressure was certainly on.

Rhys-Stevens stood up and put on his armband, for the second-to-last time, and motioned for us to go. As soon as we had stepped onto the pitch, we heard deafening roars from the stands. From a measly crowd of 500 Tumbran supporters, the numbers had ballooned with each match, and now there were at least 3,000. And even that was a conservative estimate.

Hussein looked even smaller than usual. Carr was shaking. Rhys-Stevens was attempting to remain stoic, though his half-baked attempt to crack a winning smile at the crowd failed.

We weren't a bunch of romantics, nor a bunch of flashy footballers, but it was all simply down to luck. Who knows, if we'd lost against Azrea on that first night, we wouldn't even be here. We'd be back in Tumbra, I'd be back in Ilcaster, and certainly not going to Abanhfleft next season...

But here we were. We had one chance to make it into the semi-final. And we were going to make use of it.

-***-

74th minute

The score was 3-3. Auðbjörnsson from the Pasargans was on a hat-trick, and Fosse had taken advantage of our weak defence, again, by knocking a ball in when we didn't notice it. Their first goal had come in the seventh minute, when Auðbjörnsson kept his cool even when staring down Gale, to score a monster of a finish. While Carr would maintain that Gale was blocking his line of sight, the replays clearly showed that Auðbjörnsson was clear of Gale. The goal itself was nearly declared invalid, but goal-line technology would prove it legitimate.

Auðbjörnsson scored again on the half-hour mark, beginning in his own half and waltzing past Ed, Valentino, Lawro AND Tyler to smash it into the net. I hated to admit it, but it was a beautiful solo effort and I couldn't help but applaud it. Fosse added to the total just after the second half began, sending a really long ball past a befuddled Carr.

We'd scored three as well - one each from the front lines. Ed had scored first, nutmegging a defender before chipping the ball over the keeper to score our first response in the twentieth minute. Almar had headed it in just before half-time, and I'd finished the ball confidently thanks to a Lester (who'd come on, on the hour) longball which I confidently booted in.

We'd played hard, and maybe could have brought the game down to extra time.

Until Rhys-Stevens happened.

Throughout the entire game, he'd retained his composure in dramatic fashion, remaining stoic all throughout the match. That changed, however, after he tackled one of their midfielders so hard he went flying and landed a few metres away. The ref stopped play. He walked over to Rhys-Stevens.

Rhys-Stevens, if he was shown a yellow card, would miss the final. He was already on a red card, and another yellow would land him yet another one-game suspension. I sprinted over to the referee to protest his decision, but by the time I got there, the referee had already put his name into the book.

And flashed him a yellow card.

And Rhys-Stevens gets a yellow card. Oh dear me. He's going to be out of the Final...if Tumbra get there. Which remains, at this moment, a complete mystery...

It was at this moment, I later heard, that the stadium went into jeers at what the ref had done. For me, however, it seemed that all the colour had gone out of the world, and the world was eerily quiet as I tried to console the sobbing Rhys-Stevens.

Have a word with him, I mouthed toward the bench as I patted Rhys-Stevens on the shoulder.

John eventually managed to straighten himself out, but for the last twenty minutes he played virtually like he wasn't there. And when the Pasargans scored a fourth in added time, just as the whistle blew, he sat down in the centre circle and sobbed again.

This time, he was inconsolable as Robin came over to him.

We had lost. This was a horrible outcome for the team, and Rhys-Stevens' now final game in the under 21's national side as well. We had to drag him off the pitch, all the way avoiding the flurry of cameras, all trying to grasp a glimpse of Rhys-Stevens' face. Gale helped with that. His nose suddenly started bleeding, and his intimidating look certainly managed to scare away some journalists.

But we had lost. We were so close to the end, but tripped and stumbled and had ended up just short.

We had used our chance.

Pasarga 4-3 Tumbra

Pasarga Scorers: Auðbjörnsson 7', 31' Fosse 47', Tomić 90' + 1' Tumbra Scorers: Richardson 20' Hussein 45' + 2' Ganson 66'
Pasarga Bookings: NIL Tumbra Bookings: Rhys-Stevens 74'

Valanora
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Wed May 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Who shall Ride with the Saracen to victory in the 3PPo?

3PPo
Brigantii 1–2 Tumbra
@ Angelotic Temple, Longview
Last edited by Valanora on Wed May 18, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EPL Season 20,073

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Wed May 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Fans weren't exactly happy with their new line-up, for one. Denying the National Team of almost everyone of the Wu-Tang Seven? Madness! Not playing almost all of the Pilgrim's Bob-Ombs? Insanity! And surely enough, they made their voices known during the match against Ethane, cheering whenever Knives or Ol' Baby Dirt had the ball and mostly booing the manager. Lynette had no real answer to that. She knew there wasn't really any possible way she'd get around the issue without coming out as a weak, pulse less manager. But then, after the game, one of the players decided to take matters publicly.

Garinotte Monnoyance had a preference for being direct about some things, specially stuff that she didn't appreciate. Say what you will about the reasoning behind Lady to join the sport or even her motivations on continuing on football afterwards, but to what she had for an attitude, she had for determination and fairness. So much so that it wasn't a surprise for the team members to find out that she'd end up leaking the issue on her blog after the match, together with a couple of fashion tips to the folks that had welcomed the team for the dispute, something that tipped her off the entire trip. When the news arrived to Lynette Bourbon from a very angered Scott Pilgrim, she shrugged, before closing her room's door on his face.

At least, Scott thought, that was just a blog of a player that most people found to be somewhat insufferable. Odds were that none would pay attention to that single blog note and he was pretty sure that even if they did, they'd probably understand where they were coming from. No one that wore a River City jersey could ever consider playing with their fierce rivals, even if it meant representing the country. For one, he was now
entertaining plans on how to berate Knives for ever considering playing the last match. He got closer and closer to her hotel room, before finding the two Aensland sisters right on the way to the door. "Let me in." stated Pilgrim, slowly getting furiou, whether from what he expected to be a confrontation with the Aenslands or just the discussion he'd have with Chau.

The two sisters, while not looking an awful lot like each other, delivered back, with a creepy, almost at the same time "No. You will not pester a Sunrisian." Pilgrim tried to force his way in, before his left leg was lifted by one of the sisters while the other delivered a powerful slap to his face, taking his senses down a notch. He tried to get up, but to no avail. While he really couldn't make up much of what happened between the slap and his eventual slumber on the ground, he could listen to a voice very much like Knives' one saying something about a "surprise package".

Kimberly didn't appreciate the signs on the crowd berating the eleven "traitors" as both sides of the issue watched the game on a TV. To much of Scott's chagrin, the fans did hear the news from Garinotte and now clearly were on the side of the manager. That being said, soon they were focused on the game unfolding on front of their eyes, Brigantii and the Unified Sunrise Islands on the first semi-final of this Under-21 World Cup. The game started hot, the team from Brigantii trying to catch the attention of a populace that not only wasn't expecting their success but wasn't exactly interested on their success. Yet one couldn't really sit down and let players like Saxton Avery and all their effort go down the sewer, specially when the aforementioned player scored the first goal on a rebound to start the match.

The Sunrisians didn't have much trouble on their way to scoring a tie goal after a massive throw from Zeku Hachimonji found Koshiki on the middle and an actual lobbed shot from the very same Koshiki dodged its way inside the opposition's goal. The Sunrisians would eventually overtake the scoreboard with Henry Aikawa's free kick conversion only for Sudworth to get it inside the Sunrisian net for a tie and a lucky Windham header after a corner put them back on top. The first half would end but the game was clearly not over on any way.

Windass hoped that they would get the game done by then, specially after seeing his team play surprisingly well right from the start of the second half, finding out a fourth and easily decisive (at any other match) goal from the lucky feet of Jerrard Kelsey, who had just been subbed in. The Sunrisians were not dead, however, and soon Joan-Kasumi's class outshone the defensive line from the burgundy-shirted team before tricking a shot over the head of Burke. The clock was ticking down, the Sunrisians holding to their chances until the end. Thankfully, as the referee prepared to finish off the match, a passing combination by Chau and Jones finishing off with a great shot by the River City alumni guaranteed the game an overtime period.

It was then that they noticed someone wander in the Sunrisian locker room: a girl dressed on a weird but colourful suit, mostly similar to a butterfly's design managed to step in. The girl looked at the group, staring at them before calmly requesting "Follow me." As Scott was about to contest her order, the girl's right eye turned to a neon orange light and her polite request was now a certainly louder "FOLLOW ME NOW.". Both groups ended up following her, no idea of what happened.

The group stood on one side of a concrete pitch at a plaza near The White Fortress right as the Sunrisians were about to play the first OT period of the match they would eventually win, all thanks to a brief moment of opportunism from Mirika Shitakuari. Ramona quickly asked the girl's identity, to which she smiled, spreading her artificial, butterfly-like wings, floating near them. "I'm Mimi Koshiki. Saito's cousin and manager of the Victory Road Surprise." Players from both sides stared at each other, all giving confused looks, aside from Scott. He then remembered of what Knives said the night before. A Surprise Package. The boy stepped on, confidently asking what he assumed was the truth only for the girl to mischievously smile, pressing a button that then opened the back door of a truck near the pitch.

Some of them didn't realize it at first, but these players were all Sunrisians. First came Lyn-Zee Hawk, left back from Northern Sunrise and cousin of former NT player Anthony Hawk; then Connie O' Toole, a Southern Sunrisian central back who just recently represented the nation's team under a relative of Mimi's brother-in-law. Slowly but surely, each piece of the Surprise Package would reveal itself. Tyler Mespirit, starter of the Northern Sunrisian NT that failed on the Campionato Esportiva that season was there. So were goalkeeper Fernandinho and striker Allan Texugo, both members of the surprisingly good Western Sunrisian NT that managed to pull a couple of upsets on the AOCAF. Jennifer Dotson and the young sensation Lassie Alcouin from the Under-15 NT were there as well, both having taken their team to the Round of 16 last Under-15 World Cup. Secondary members of the interesting Eastern Sunrisian team Mikke Lérida and Ike Ikilliou featured behind the others, same with the fierce Southern Sunrisian Isidora Santamária. Finally, standing as captain, was Go Hokuto, owner of the most powerful shot on all of the Sunrise who spent years on recluse and now played for a minnow team on a colony yet somehow was spotted during the Northern Sunrisian NT's scout sessions, still a bit rusty but surely good (and still of age) to kick "the fakers" out.

Mimi smiled, floating in front of her Surprise team. "You probably noticed something. Most likely you, Genius." She pointed at the player, whose eyes opened wide as soon as he figured it out. All of the players she brought up could easily play over them. He would, however, calm down, simply reminding himself that there was no way they'd be taken out of the team. She wasn't done however. "And on spite of this, let us have a friendly contest. My Surprise against the Eleven Traitors. Winners join the national team to play the final..." Prince smiled, slowly preparing to counter-act on her words only to be stopped by the following line. "...as the losers will have to publicly abdicate their spot on the line-up, as is World Cup rule in order for the winning eleven to join instead."

Scott was prepared to outsmart them. He'd say yes. Even if they did win, he didn't have to keep his word. River City Bob-ombs are allowed to lie. Surely, his counterpart, both from the other team and the Wu alumni, would see it. Hokuto stared at him, emotionless, until just as Scott prepared to answer, a voice decided to go first. "A'ight." answered Prince. "We'll take you on, robot."

The line-ups scattered around the field, trying to find their appropriate positions. It'd be a hard match.

"But it's on now." muttered Prince as he tried to take the ball off Lassie Alcouin, with no success.
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Valanora
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Thu May 19, 2016 2:58 pm

Who shall go into this last match and walk away with the ultimate victory?

Final
Unified Sunrise Islands 3–4 Pasarga
@ The Battleground, Raynor City

A big thank you to everyone who has participated in the tournament as well as my various third party scorinators, commiserations to Unified Sunrise Islands. Join us in the next edition after the next World Cup.
Last edited by Valanora on Thu May 19, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EPL Season 20,073

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Fri May 20, 2016 7:21 am

I wished to provide some form of closure to this story. What happened afterward, etc etc. I'm sorry for not putting this up earlier - if you wish, I can always take it down. If not, here goes.

One Chance

Mar Sara

We had been crushed. On the final hurdle, we'd lost.

The defeat didn't look too bad on paper - we'd lost four goals to three and even then we were but a minute away from extra time and the inevitable penalty shootout, which we would also inevitably lose.

But the semi-final, this semi-final...

One Night in Mar Sara would have been an appropriate name for any movie which was to be produced about our adventure. We felt on top of the world - and we were right to feel so, I think. We'd gotten out of our first match with a narrow win, nearly threw the second one, and sailed through the third one to end our group on a high. We coasted through the quarter-finals, and felt like we could take on anything.

Until the semi-finals.

We had been battered, bashed, blasted to bits. Rhys-Stevens, the casualty of a yellow card and now emotional wreck, was still sobbing away in the showers. He'd be treated as a hero when we got back to Tumbra, but he was inconsolable. We were so close...

Leaving John alone, Robin assembled us in the middle of the room with a grimace attempting to masquerade as a smile appeared on his face. We all knew what he meant. He was going to tell us that it wasn't over yet, that we still had the third place final to look forward to, that we still had one chance at glory...

"The news has just come in. I won't be coaching the team after the match against Brigantii - who are your opponents in the third-placed playoff, by the way."

There was a moment of silence as everyone attempted to react, calculate, take in the news. React to it, even. Then the penny dropped.

"You can't be serious!" Stephen Atkins cried out.

"I am being serious, dear Stephen. The TFA have decided not to extent my contract after our...humbling...I'm shocked as any of you all are, and I really only got the news twenty minutes ago." Robin, with any pretence of a smile now gone, stared at the team. It was only now that I noticed how much older he was. Wrinkles and crevices criss-crossed his face like the many lines of the Goldlion Underground...his hair, which I once thought looked more jet-black than white-grey was showing. He seemed to have aged twenty in the last ten minutes.

He wasn't joking.

"Regardless, I want you all to give your best for the final match against Brigantii and make the whole of Tumbra proud. There's no excuse for you all to lose - Brigantii's people don't even want them to win, from what I've heard, and we're going to take advantage of that." The steeliness in his voice was back, and that glint which had gone out of his eyes just a few minutes ago had returned. Good old Robin was back, if not momentarily, but perhaps for the last time.

"I don't want to hear any more about what happened here, tonight, alright? Now let's get moving to the hotel, and for God's sake someone shield John from the cameras."

-***-

Raynor City

"You're all clear to go, mister" The elvish nurse smiled at Tristan Hale as he wheeled himself out of the hospital. All fees paid, of course, by his father, who had since returned to Tumbra. Stephen Hale hadn't said a word to Tristan throughout his visit to Valanora.

Keith Holloway, however, had stayed. He was going to bring Tristan to the team in Longview, where their final match would be played, then he, too, would return to Tumbra.

"Come on, Keith - I don't want to be loaned out"

"Tristan! We've been through this countless times, your father and I agree that you need to be on a loan spell to learn how to be a proper footballer in every sense of the term."

"But I'm already an excellent footballer! Remember when I scored that twenty-yard screamer against Rothes? Just slap me in the first team and I'll be ready to go!"

"You're technically proficient, I'll agree with that, but not mentally. Your mental game is still extremely weak - I don't think it's ready for the top Prem matches yet."

Tristan fell into an abject silence as Keith wheeled him through the empty streets of Raynor City. He'd been transferred here after that match against Amazonesta, which saw his leg broken. God knows how long he'd spent in that disgusting hospital. He never wanted to return here again.

"Where are you taking me, anyway?"

"Longview. The team lost 4-3 against Pasarga. Ganson, Richardson and Hussein all got on the scoresheet. They're up against Brigantii in the third place playoffs."

Tristan reeled at the mention of Ganson.

"Don't be like that, Tristan - if he's better than you, he's better than you. He's being shipped off to Abanhfleft - deal's said to be completed already, along with that Lester fellow."

"Don't know, don't care, don't want to know."

"Alright, suit yourself."

-***-

Longview

The team had just arrived in Longview. It was similar to when we arrived in Raynor, all those days ago. We were in disarray, Almar was captain...but we weren't going to fail.

Not this time.

We weren't going to lose again. Once bitten, twice shy. The Lions will conquer and all that nonsense.

Then I saw him. Subdued, looking a little paler, quieter than when I last saw him - definitely not crawling off stretchers to attempt to accost me now - was Tristan Hale, accompanied by none other than the legendary manager, Keith Holloway of Thurmond United.

The moment Tristan saw me, he shot me a look of poison then toward the ground.

Holloway, however, was much nicer. He waved jollily toward us, before frowning he saw our faces. Speaking in hushed tones to Robin, Keith's face got grimmer and grimmer by the second, while Almar attempted to consolidate our strength.

"You're fucking joking."

"Don't swear in front of them, Keith."

"I don't get it. You get them to the semis and then you fail to get through? And then you're sacked? Forgive me for this, but this a fucking sick joke. They can't do this to you."

"But they have. My chance is to talk to the PM when he arrives later - but I doubt he'll want to talk to me as much as he wants to talk to the bloody head of this country to negotiate some bloody trade deal. Should have voted Liberal when they had the chance - perhaps they wouldn't have lost that seat by six hundred votes and maybe he'd listen to me."

Keith sighed.

"I'll see you in Tumbra. TUFC always needs more staff, and you're welcome to join us."

"Yeah...I'll get back there before deciding what I'm going to do with my life. It's tough, you know..."

Keith waved as he got on the next train, back to Raynor City. The train pulled out of the station, and it was gone.

We were left with the twenty-two of us standing, and the one of us in a wheelchair, looking at the train as it gathered speed and disappeared completely. Somewhere on it, Keith Holloway would be on his way back to Raynor City and thence to Tumbra, attempting to find a job for the now-celebrated manager of Tumbra's Young Lions.

It would be hard.

-***-

Angelotic Temple

It was thirty minutes before the match. Michael Fitzooth, the Prime Minister, had already been into the changing rooms, shook all our hands, and made a speech saying we were the "future of Tumbran football" or something. Not that I particularly cared. My parents had always been SDP voters, and I would be as well. I didn't have time to listen to this fifty-three year old man, who although had won a general election just a month ago, had his May budget universally panned and his popularity ratings at an eternal low.

I was almost tempted to shout at him to give Robin a fucking job, but I think I would have been shot by his bodyguards if I dared to even move a muscle. I desisted all thought and continued staring daggers at the man as he finished his speech, then walked out to his private box where he would watch the match from relative comfort.

The match...

It was more of a blur than anything. John watched on the sidelines, along with a stony-faced Tristan, as we outmatched, outpaced and outpunched Brigantii to score two goals to their one. It was more of a curbstomp than what our scoreline suggested - Gale had scored an own goal when he tripped and fell over the ball - but otherwise Almar scored his first non-headed goal of a game, proving he wasn't a one-trick pony and I scored the last goal of the game when I scooted around two defenders and scored a powerful finish - Hale-like, some commentators said, referring to not the son but the father.

As Almar - the captain that day lifted the trophy presented to him by the PM, while John looked on wistfully on what could have been, I made the most important decision of my life.

I would sign the contract.

-***-

Departures

Robin Stoff looked at his now-empty office, where all his possessions were already in his car. He'd spent ten years in this office. Ten long years, which were now over. As he clutched his Letter of Termination, he silently reflected where he would go next.

He grabbed a piece of paper, scribbled some words on it, tore up the letter, and left the room, door swinging in his wake.

Benjamin Kennan, head of the Football Association, later found out what the paper read.

"Almar Hussein is to be the new captain. If you dare reverse this decision, fuck you."

His orders were followed.

-***-

Charlie Lester stared at his room, with his family beckoning him to get to the car or they would be late for their flight.

He was officially out of contract. Newport United, having been relegated, were simply not willing to match his demands.

He'd signed with Arsenal de Releinthi, one of the best clubs in the country. Five years, a thousand a week. Too good to turn down - the wage decrease was worth the big-name team.

He wondered if he would be back for the next Di Bradini Cup.

He left his room.

-***-

Tristan Hale was about to make the flight to Mosjoen. On the way back from Valanora, Gale had talked him into helping the club survive a potential twentieth-place finish, with the ever-useful argument that saving a team from relegation would do more than being a substitute for a first-tier club.

It worked. Tristan had signed the loan deal, and was now on his way.

Time would tell whether the move would work out. The impetus was now on him to score, develop and become the footballer his father never was.

He had one chance.

-***-

Ilcaster Times

Sixty-seven year old Gordon Foster has resigned from his post as manager of Ilcaster Town F.C., having decided to retire.

His failure to retain Oliver Ganson was seen as the trigger factor for his retirement, though he has declined to comment.

It is thought that Foster will be spending his retirement in Ilcaster, the town in which he has spent the last nine years, being the manager of the club for those nine.

-***-

I stood, in my jacket and comfortable long pants, waiting for my mother as she finished shopping in the duty-free section of the Goldlion City International Airport.

Dad was right - I would have signed the contract no matter what. It was an opportunity to good to miss. Rosenpfelblatz City! Somewhere that wasn't Ilcaster! New country! New adventures! It would be my first time on a plane, too - and in first class to boot. All expenses had been footed by the club.

What would happen? Only time would tell.

As I clutched my third-place medal and stood in the icy-cold Depatures Hall, where I had stood nearly a month earlier while we were waiting for the flight to Valanora, I felt a bit tense.

Dad grabbed my shoulders and I relaxed.

All was well.

Brigantii 1-2 Tumbra

Brigantii Scorers: Hartwidge 16' [OG] Tumbra Scorers: Hussein 8' Ganson 31'

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports