NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva XVI Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Banguela
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Banguela » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:33 am

”Anglatia playing well-organised but Os Gnus try to raise the pressure one last time. Joao Ferreira added Lua Banga to the side, Edison Joao waving to his teammates to charge along with the three strikers but the Crusaders seem eager to walk away from Sao Pedro with a point. A corner kick! A passionate glance from Amarinho to the referee, he’s giving us one last chance. The fans are chanting the name of Landa Landa but he seems to be the only Banguelan not in the box now.

Amarinho waving only his left hand, whatever that’s supposed to mean. There it goes and… Rui! Rui! Like a buffalo he puts it against the net! Rui Mokanga! What a goal, what a player! We’re going to the Campionato! Look at him, he’s been the driving force behind these qualifiers and now he does it again with goal number five in four games. He’s pointing to the cameras, this one was one for y-…”

In a lonesome trailer at the outskirts of Mpulo, the screen suddenly turned black. Usually, Gilberto could blame the cracked satellite dish but his finger remained rested on the big red button of the remote for what seemed an eternity as he hazed across the window. Despite trying to swallow away his sentiments, a tear escaped his eye. It was a small room, with a worn-out sofa forming the barrier between the kitchen and the television set, but it still occupied nearly half the space of the trailer.

He mused upon the last time he had seen Rui Mokanga play, back than a surprising debutant who received the remarkable honour of teaming up with Ze Vidigal in the attack of one of Banguela’s most illustrious sides. Despite only being able to obtain a ticket for the angle stands, even he saw what many people around him immediately spotted: that ‘that broomstick knows his game’. And that impression made it out of the stadium as well, with scouts noticing that the much more selfish Ze Vidigal hardly made better stats than that youngster.

A decade had come and gone and the scruffy junior evolved into a leading figure of the national team. When he left Uniao behind and joined North Laithland, Rui Mokanga had suffered. The step up to the Premiership, one of the – if not the – most demanding competitions in the world had been harsh but with fifteen strikes last season, he had grown to someone who deserved his spot. Admittedly, most eyes were on the admirable technical duo Chloe Rudden and Prisca Stenet, but it was his power in the box that allowed the Spiders to challenge the top teams. Although numerology fetishists saw little similarities between them and the national team, Rui Mokanga there was as well the strong man who both scored and made his team better, surrounded by shorter profiles such as Bogwa, Macabanga and Amarinho.

Gilberto had cried that one time as well, barely noticeable, stuck like a fish in a barrel of Uniao fans who cheered for their new star. That very evening he had picked up his pen and written a letter, explaining who he was and why he… The handwriting had been godawful, he hadn’t put anything to paper in a long while. But the message was honest. Ten years later, the letter was still there. He had put it away in the sole cupboard he possessed but Gilberto still fell its presence every time Os Gnus graced his screen. Or when there were Premiership highlights. Or when he saw football or… He rose and as he did so, he put on the television again. Not to hear anything, but the sound did an attempt to chase away loneliness.

”Indeed… Indeed, let’s look at that goal again. Perfect outside-inside swing from Amarinho but look at how Rui Mokanga gets away from his guard. That’s what playing with the best week-in week-out does to you and of course the celebration. It’s a trademark one for the man of the day, a thank you wave to Amarinho, a clenched fist and then pointing to the cameras. I guess it’s one for his mother who follows all his games at home, surrounded by her other children. She raised all four on her own, a proud woman I guess!”

Gilberto Mokanga sighed as he walked up to the cupboard, trying for once to take the most courageous road.

Fhulghamous Peninsula
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fhulghamous Peninsula » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:00 am

The Byquist Curse, Part Seven

Arena Marinos
Charalampios, Port Thimpodopoulos, Fhulghamous Peninsula

There were a few people lined up in front of one of the goals in the stadium. This end of the pitch wasn't as crowded with tents as the other end, which was why the goalposts had been allowed to stay for the meantime.

Four of the people near the goal were professional football players. A lot of the others, which wasn't saying much as there were just about ten of them, were youth players for Marinos Thimpodopoulos Football Club who had been watching the game before the quake.

Two of the players were from the women's team of Marinos Thimpodopoulos. The other two players were from Ludogorets Markovsky Ladies Football Club, the team that had been playing against Marinos Women before the earthquake that shook the capital of the Fhulghamous Peninsula. Tonya Heaton, one of the players from Marinos, hadn't planned to bring along some of the Markovsky players, but her teammate Miriam Hannibal had talked to Sofie Dolan and Tess Byquist and had dragged those two along. At least it would give the youth players an opportunity to see that whatever differences that the players may have on the pitch, once the final whistle had been blown, the players were actually very friendly with each other.

"All right, this is what we're going to do," Tonya said to the others as she picked up a football that had been in use three seasons ago, before the Samahang Futbol ng Abanhfleft introduced a new ball to be used in all of the professional leagues in the country, which included the Ladies' Premier League. "We're going to be doing keepie-uppies. But we're not just gonna do any old keepie-uppie; we're going to have to be talking while we're doing it. You can talk about anything; sports, the news, your life story. whatever you like, as long as the ball doesn't touch the ground before you end it. Once you're done, you've got to try and shoot the ball into the net. This is not a competition, girls; just a little something something that I thought up while we're all cooped up in here. So, any questions? None? Okay, I'll start."

Tonya balanced the ball on top of her right foot and began dribbling it. "I never thought that I'd become part of the national team," she said. "I mean, back when Abanhfleft first began playing in multiverse football, Marinos Women were struggling in the Ladies' Fhulghamous League. It's like, so low down the pyramid that few people outside those playing in it know about it. This was before Governor Kulbano took over the team and invested money in us, so were barely competitive even in the Fhulghamous League. I can't even remember a lot of what happened during that time because back then, most of us in Marinos were living day by day and hand to mouth because the club couldn't afford to turn professional then. And then the governor decided that he should create a football system solely for the colony, and he poured money into Marinos using his family's money. Yeah, he really changed our lives here, Governor Kulbano. The mainland says that he's running the colony like his own personal kingdom, but if that's true, then I'd like him to keep it that way. I was barely scratching a living as a beat reporter before Marinos had the money to turn professional, so I've got him to thank for changing the quality of my life.

"And it's not like I'm not a good player or anything," she continued. "I was just playing at a level where no one could see me, or all of us who were playing. But then we got back-to-back promotions up to the Second Division, and suddenly we're the talk of the town. I even saw Kasper Molak, back when he was the manager of the NT, watching one of our games in the Second Division, and I remember that he was pointing his finger at me or something like that. I remember thinking, why is he pointing at me? Am I doing something wrong? Turns out he wants me to represent Abanhfleft! Would you believe it? This journalism dropout is about to represent her home country on the field of football? Okay, I'll admit that I'm not ever gonna be as good as the likes of Dana Valentine and Dawn Jackson, but hey, I get to wear the white shirt. That's gotta be the thing that counts, right?"

Tonya then kicked the ball high into the air and waited for it to fall before striking it on the volley with her left foot. The ball struck the crossbar with a loud crunching noise and bounced back towards their little group. "Ooh!" Sofie Dolan said. "If you could just make it dip a little more, that would've been a nice goal!"

"Yeah, I know," Tonya said. "That's why I'm a defender and not a forward. Who wants to go next? Miriam, you wanna do the honors?"

"Sure, all right," Miriam Hannibal said, pretending to give an air of reluctance about the whole thing while actually giving them a rare smile. "All right, where should I start?" she said as she started dribbling the ball. "People think that I'm this stone-hearted player who tackles anyone and everyone who gets in my way," she said. "It is true, you know. It's kind of my job to do that. The only problem that I have with the people who think that of me is that they don't know what I had to do to get to this level. When I was starting out at Arsenal, Godric Wexler said that I had potential in me to become someone big, so he made me play as many games as I could. That went on for, what, ten years, ten seasons? Godric really tried to get the best out of me, but something felt wrong. I don't know what it was, really; I just knew that this wasn't what I was supposed to be doing.

"I was good enough to have a spot in the national team," Miriam continued. "But it was a different story for Arsenal. I was always struggling to break through the first team, the rotation. I was like a square peg in a round hole there, and it didn't help that the fans were thinking that I was deadwood, that Godric was wrong in giving me time and games. I love Arsenal, but sometimes the fanbase can be just so reactionary. Nothing but constant straight good games will please them. So at the end of World Cup 72, I asked for a transfer to anywhere other than Releinthi, and that's how I ended up here in Port Thim. In a sense, I can admit that it's much better playing and living here. The fans know what their teams can do and they don't demand anything more than that. Without that weight on my shoulders, I've felt more free than I've ever had at Arsenal. I don't know. But it sure is nice living here. Just remove the earthquakes from the equation and I could see myself retiring here."

Miriam then tossed the ball into the air with her head, and then she jumped up and met the ball as it fell to the ground and headed it towards the goal. Unfortunately for her, she had jumped just a little bit too high, and the ball sailed over the bar and into the stands.

"The jump's good," Tonya said. "But you need to work on your timing."

"That's what they always say," Miriam said, tilting her head towards Tonya. "Wanna go next, Sofie?"

"All right," Sofie replied, catching the ball that Tonya had thrown from the stands with her feet. "Where do you think I should start?" she asked Tess.

"I don't know," Tess replied. "It's your choice, I think."

"Yeah, okay," Sofie said. As she began dribbling, she said, "I'm sorry about this, Tess, but when I first came to Armeia, I thought I had made a mistake. They don't like foreigners over there in Armeia, guys," she told Tonya and Miriam. "But I still went there because I needed the move away from Markovsky. You know, being a one-club girl is good and all, and we in Markovsky love Raisa Korovina for that, but it's not for me. A few clubs were sniffing around for me, but I decided to go to Lionesses because I thought it would be fun to experience a foreign league. But when I got to Armeia, I got a real culture shock. They weren't real receptive to foreigners, Armeians were. I thought that after all I had done in Markovsky to get noticed, I would end up languishing on the bench in Redtown. That's where Lionesses are located, by the way.

"But somehow, I got my break with Lionesses," Sofie continued. "But it didn't come cheaply. I had to really fight for my place, and I ended up pushing some of the locals, the fan favorites, out of the way. Tess here's one of them. The other one was Kat Bonner, one of their NT's starting strikers. I didn't know about it while I was playing, but when I was starting over them, they got all sad and depressed. I don't know how the team dealt with it. Here, I know that the manager would have gone to them and just said, 'deal with it'. But Armeians are a weird bunch. People say they can't understand us Fleftics? They should take a look at the Armeians! They'll give us a run for our money when it comes to confusing the hell out of people!"

Sofie let the ball drop from her head to the ground before striking it on the volley. Like Miriam's shot before her, it bounced off the crossbar and flew into the stands. "Yeah, that's gonna get you crucified by the fans for missing such an open shot," Miriam quipped.

"Ah, shut up," Sofie said to her, flipping the bird at Miriam. "Tess, you wanna try it?"

"I don't know," Tess muttered as Tonya threw the ball to her. "Okay. I hate that I'm too light to stand up against defenders," she began. "I hate that people think that I can't be good enough against a rock solid defense. And I hate it that I think that they're right. Sofie said it herself. She managed to take my place with Lionesses even though I was the local and she was the foreigner. I just can't stand it that a foreigner was better than me. So I asked for a move to Markovsky, and I thought that I'd finally found my team. But then Armeia went total war, and Sofie ended up signing for Markovsky once again! Sometimes, I feel like I can't escape this girl! So there you have it; that's my story for tonight."

Tess then did the same thing that Sofie did with the ball: let it fall from her head and then hit it on the volley, but when she did it, the ball ended up bulging the back of the net.

"Oh, my God!" Sofie shouted. "Watch out! Tess scored; there's gonna be another earthquake!"

"What?" Tess asked.

"I'm just playing with you," Sofie said. "Who knows, maybe it's Miriam there who causes all the earthquakes when she scores goals?"

"Go fuck yourself, Sofie," Miriam said, giving Sofie the finger.
CRESCENT NEWS NETWORK
SPORTS CHANNEL - OFFICIAL WEBSITE

ABANHFLEFTPRIDNESTROVIAOONTAZ DERT LI NGCOPPER CUPRUMTRENDSTART • FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA

CAMPIONATO ESPORTIVA XVI: FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA VS DAMUKUNI

By Malik Qazizadah

Max Fetfatzidis celebrates his goal against Damukuni. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Ulysses Turogo)

THEREISNOGODABAD, FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA - Samson Lovejoy scored from the bench to give Fhulghamous Peninsula a crucial victory over Damukuni.

Max Fetfatzidis and Kieran Moskowitz struck for the hosts, while Ken Shiinato and Takeda Mizayaki were on the scoresheet for the visitors.

Damukuni struck first with Shiinato getting his head on the ball following a Nicole Statham free kick, but Fhulghamous Peninsula quickly pulled level with a sublime ground-level effort from Fetfatzidis that slipped beneath the Damukuni keeper.

Moskowitz scored after the break to give Fhulghamous the lead, but Mizayaki looked to have secured a point for his team in the final fifteen minutes of the game, but Lovejoy was on hand to give the Colonists all three points.

Fhulghamous Peninsula manager Orestes Katsouranis Jr.: "We did good to bounce back from the humiliation against Gregoryisgodistan. But we should take some lessons from the Fleftic under-15 team and take the games one at a time. That was our problem against Gregoryisgodistan. We looked past that game and were punished for our loss of focus.

"We did well against Aji No Moto, and that was at their home. I hope we can do just as well, if not better, here at Richard Dawkins [Park]."

FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA 3 - 2 DAMUKUNI
FETFATZIDIS (29') SHIINATO (22')
MOSKOWITZ (50') MIZAYAKI (75'
LOVEJOY (90+2')

DAMUKUNI
GK: 36 Tatsuyumi
RB: 09 Willis
CB: 08 Matterhorn (Takedashita - 74')
LB: 04 Catanese
DM: 65 Leno-Hartman
RM: 22 Dietrich
RCM: 16 Butler
LCM: 12 Statham (Nakahara - 71')
LW: 47 Shiinato
ST: 35 Mizayaki
ST: 74 Vayne
FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA
GK: 01 Ali
RB: 02 Montemayor (Zaman - 63')
RCB: 04 Singerstein
LCB: 05 Hainaut
LB: 03 Kamakura
RM: 08 Power Jr.
RCM: 07 Moskowitz
LCM: 17 von Frankreich (Lovejoy - 63')
LM: 12 Suzuki
RS: 19 Sebastiano (Salvatore - 79')
LS: 09 Fetfatzidis

MATCH STATISTICS
Possession

Fhulghamous Peninsula: 54%
Damukuni: 46%
Shots
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 11 (7 on target)
Damukuni: 15 (8 on target)
Corners
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 7
Damukuni: 4
Fouls
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 12
Damukuni: 13
THE COLONY OF THE FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA
Governor General: Petrarchos Kulbano || Lieutenant Governor: Nadejda Palomarska
Capital: Port Thimpodopoulos || Population: 21,046,399

Abanhfleft's Esportivan colony

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:20 pm

What is your team?
The little boy was attending a major event of his team at the headquarters, hoping perhaps to be very close to the president of the club and ask for recovery of your team that was walking so bad at the moment.
He could not reach his goal. But he prayed enough for his team and met some young people from the continent and other states of the country. So it was not a wasted trip.
But it was Sunday night when went to a bar near the Dar Herrenhaus beach. And right there on the counter was taking his cold, when suddenly heard two young men arguing at a table on football:

_ Man, my team has a lot of 'medallions', national team level players but do not win anyone.

_ Not're different from my team situation,bro.

_ For what reason was that investments of the board if these shi.. left the team in the relegation zone.

_ Yeah. Mine is also there. And with nine points.

_ The same nine points on my team.

_ And now they want to change coach ...

_ And there is, my team changed the coach a little while ago and nothing has changed.

_ Dude, four straight games without a win ...

_ It's okay bro, ugly situation, but mine is already seven games without knowing what is victory in Red Blackiland.

_ And the fans, of course ... it does not appear.

By this the little boy saw familiar of the two should also cheer for your team. After all, medallions players, selection level, relegation zone, nine points and as many matches without a win. "One is a Hashbury supporter" - thought.

It went against the two and asked, without ceremony:

_ Hey, what is your team?

Means not understanding what was going on, the two young men looked at each other and one of them raised changed:

_ Okay mocking of our face, bro?

The little boy tried to explain it and learned what he wanted:

_ I'm rooting for Cruce Estrella ...

_ And I for Athletic Meskitáh.

Thought the little boy: Taking the risk that Cruce Estrella have to fall to the B series, has big teams fans suffer as we are.

Moral : Don't stop to support the team if they're in a bad phase or situation,even if you're a fan of a small-middle team,remember that sometimes,the smaller teams suffers equal as the biggest ones.
Note 1 : 'medallions' is a term used for famous players that don't play good anymore,that hold only in a past fame.
Note 2 : For you can understand the situation...Hashbury was relegated and in a few fixtures,Athletic Meskitáh and Cruce Estrella was near from the relegation zone.
Last edited by Red Blackiland on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Racao
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Racao » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:52 pm

I passed the ball to Ryan - he's a good player. I like him. I think he'll do well at Cenial United or wherever he is now.

Gosh, it's hot here. I know it's like Racao but it's hot there too... Only difference is that it's air conditioned here. There isn't too much air conditioning in Racao.

I like birds - who likes birds? I wonder if Ryan likes birds...

Oh, Ryan's passing it back to me, got to pay attention, got to be in position here. Ugh, I don't really want to play. I'm weak. I'm tired. I'm feeling lazy. Aristotle's over there, he's a good striker. Think I'll pass it to him.

Oh, look, there's Joby Lindsay of Ethane. I looked at his team's promotional brochure. They said he's a defensive mastermind. Will never let a single ball into the net. Oh really? Is that true? I think to myself as I pass around him, pass to Aristotle, he passes right back to me, we avoid him. Hah! Defensive mastermind he is now!

I pass to Aristotle, he's behind me, he passed back to me. I lift the ball straight into the net - into the right corner. Just curl it. GOLAZO!!!!! the announcer screams. YES!!! I scream inside my head.

I start to run around in celebration, wave my arms above my head. Then I start to get dizzy.

Oh, my gosh, I'm falling... falling.. falling.. falling. Oomph. I'm on the ground, face upwards, with all the team looking above me. Ha, ha, they think I'm a fool. Ha, ha, why am I their captain if I can't even stay on the pitch? Ha, ha, ha. I told them I didn't want to play today, I wasn't feeling so well. They said, you're our key, Mosa, you have to play today. They ignored me, and now I'm here looking like a fool, ha, ha, ha.

The stadium assistants come on to the pitch and they load me onto a stretcher. I'm dizzy still... They bring me to Hery. Hery's a good guy. He pronounces that I have acute dehydration, and prescribes a one-game rest and lots of water and Pedialyte to solve the problem. I nod a bit woozily and then nod off...
Last edited by Racao on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falatulu
Attaché

Founded: Jan 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Falatulu » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Campionato Esportiva XVI

MD5 Results

Group A
Anglatia 8–2 Racing
Banguela 4–2 Northern Sunrise Islands

Group A Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Banguela 5 4 1 0 17 10 +7 13
2 Northern Sunrise Islands 5 2 1 2 14 11 +3 7
3 Anglatia 5 2 0 3 11 7 +4 6
4 Racing 5 1 0 4 7 21 −14 3

Group B
Southern Sunrise Islands 6–1 Holy Philippine Empire
Super-Llamaland 3–1 Brenecia

Group B Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Brenecia 5 4 0 1 14 7 +7 12
2 Super-Llamaland 5 3 1 1 12 8 +4 10

3 Southern Sunrise Islands 5 1 2 2 12 12 0 5
4 Holy Philippine Empire 5 0 1 4 6 17 −11 1

Group C
Fhulghamous Peninsula 1–1 Aji No Moto
Damukuni 0–1 Gregoryisgodistan

Group C Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Gregoryisgodistan 5 5 0 0 9 0 +9 15
2 Fhulghamous Peninsula 5 3 1 1 10 10 0 10
3 Damukuni 5 1 0 4 8 9 −1 3
4 Aji No Moto 5 0 1 4 4 12 −8 1

Group D
Red Blackiland 4–0 Sorcuvov
The Sword Bloke 1–3 Nephara

Group D Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Nephara 5 3 1 1 10 4 +6 10
2 Red Blackiland 5 3 0 2 11 8 +3 9
3 The Sword Bloke 5 2 1 2 8 6 +2 7
4 Sorcuvov 5 1 0 4 2 13 −11 3

Group E
Jeckland 4–0 Allahisgodistan
The Sarian 4–4 Apox

Group E Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Apox 5 4 1 0 17 8 +9 13
2 The Sarian 5 3 1 1 11 9 +2 10
3 Jeckland 5 2 0 3 7 5 +2 6
4 Allahisgodistan 5 0 0 5 2 15 −13 0

Group F
The Royal Barangay 3–1 Owner-osity
Yttribia 3–5 San Jose Guayabal

Group F Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 San Jose Guayabal 5 5 0 0 22 7 +15 15
2 The Royal Barangay 5 3 0 2 10 10 0 9
3 Yttribia 5 2 0 3 10 12 −2 6
4 Owner-osity 5 0 0 5 3 16 −13 0

Group G
Ethane 3–0 Batto Vitolo
Racao 2–2 Nova Anglicana

Group G Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 5 4 1 0 14 5 +9 13
2 Racao 5 3 1 1 13 11 +2 10
3 Ethane 5 1 0 4 5 6 −1 3
4 Batto Vitolo 5 1 0 4 4 14 −10 3

Group H
Thalamascia 1–0 Ritenour
Boring Paradise 4–1 Falatulu

Group H Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Falatulu 5 4 0 1 14 5 +9 12
2 Thalamascia 5 3 1 1 9 8 +1 10

3 Boring Paradise 5 2 1 2 9 8 +1 7
4 Ritenour 5 0 0 5 3 14 −11 0

Clinched First Place in Group
Clinched advancement to Round of 16
Cannot advance to Round of 16
Last edited by Falatulu on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breakaway island nation located to the south of the Free Republics

Champions: Cup of Harmony 66, Di Bradini Cup 28, Medal Count @ X Winter Olympics
2nd: World Cup 68, Di Bradini Cup 27, U-15 World Cup 8, Baptism of Iron 15
3rd: World Cup 71, Di Bradini Cup 29
Former Host: Winter Olympics, World Cup, CoH, BoF, WBC, World Bowl, WCoH, IBC, CR, CE, numerous others
Author: A Newcomer's Guide to NS Sports

Banguela
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Banguela » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:56 am

“There are a few reasons for this decision but one of the main ones must be that I want to get to know these guys, not only on but also off the pitch. Let’s be fair, about eighteen to nineteen names for the Campionato are already set in stone, notwithstanding injuries, and I think you know them as well as I do. But for the others, it is good to see them function in a group during training and when waiting if the plane is late. I know some call it unrespectful towards Racing to call up a reserve side for a qualification match but we both know that this game will not have any influence on the tables.”

Joao Ferreira had quite some explanation to give to the press when, following an unexpected yet deserved victory from the first-string team, he decided to give them the day off and select a group of twenty-one young players who all act in the own Superliga, with most of them making their first appearance for Os Gnus. Although surprised to see players such as Amarinho, Rui Mokanga and Djalma Yaba, internationally touted after upsetting Unified Sunrise Islands, kept at home, we do understand the reasoning of Joao Ferreira. This selection gives us a good overview of the players that, apart from the fourteen usual suspects, stand a chance to join the project towards the World Cup 75, where Banguela wants to show the multiverse that their qualification was no fluke. One could wonder whether he has not drawn this train of thought too far, disallowing fringe players such as Zito Miguel and Kubunga a chance to carry the weight of the team, showcasing their own value for this selection. Or should we see this as a hint that both can be assured of their ticket to Falatulu?

Either way, we will welcome a fairly expected duo of goalies. With Landa Landa, evolved into a reliable first choice with his experience in San Llera, left at home, Fernandao probably will pick up an extra cap. Although he is not taking the multiverse as speedily as some might have imagined back when he popped up, he does raise the pressure on his senior colleague. As a reserve, Tshemanda keeper Guilherme Marques rejoins the squad and this could indicate that he’ll be the third man for the Campionato selection. A nice comeback for a man who struggled with his own talent for a long time but now seems ready for the task.

A limited amount of six defenders earned their spot in this selection with only one name we’ll surely see at the finals. In nearly no time Ignacio Carbela assured Uniao Mpulo that he’s a reliable option on the right back for a decade to come. Even if we’re positive about Ntangele’s Eric Kwaganda, his back-up for the occasion, we give him as little chance of the surpassed Lopes Valdo to push Ignacio from the starting eleven. Much more astonishing is the central duo, where mediocre teams such as mid-table Randoil and second-tier Vitoria provided Carlos Nzanza and Aristide Rio. Especially the latter has the potential to go far, still having to turn twenty. Reserve Quareça is a similarly remarkable choice, although we see little chances for the Zambare man to make it to Falatulu. On the left-hand side, it is Caso Bunço who will attempt to prove himself a valuable alternative for the veteran of Os Gnus, Chingala. Not an easy task for the Associaçao man by far, especially as that role seems dedicated to Zakhoro Aces man Fabricio Santos.

In midfield, we’re curious to see how Rui Vunguidica handles the pressure. Many already consider the Uniao man as superior to Figuerinho, but the Luis Angel Firpo player boasts a lot of experience from the Guayabalese first tier. Remarkably, Joao Ferreira chose to add no less than two alternatives to this duo to the selection in Ramon Gravalho, the concrete in the Desportivo midfield, and Ary Kunga, an often overlooked element in the promising Sporting Clube selection. Also present, and probably starting, is his teammate Ezequiel Bwamba who makes an incredible amount of metres every week. It is the kind of profile that, notwithstanding the inevitable Edison Joao, seems missing from the current group. On the opposite side of the midfield, a chance is given to Raul Paché. Even if many teams are interested in adding his infiltrations to their skillset, he still plies his trade for Uniao.

For these two ‘connectors’, who will be crucial to the balance in this game against Racing, back-ups from Associaçao Bassuto and Atletico Ntangele received the invitation letter. Eberardo Puava might suffer once too often from injuries, few believe that this skilled left-foot will see the pinnacle of his career with Atletico. Danilo Bravo on the other hand has already proclaimed a few times that he dreams of becoming a club icon for O Velho and with his fiery nature and generous style, we cannot but wish that to his fans. Two unexpected yet fine choices. Much more baffled we were by the decision to bring two attacking midfields who both only made it to the highest tier last year. Joao Caro was the target of many sides but eventually he left Carimbo for Associaçao, where he has a leading role since. Reserve Leandro Poku was the key man in the promotion of Real de Mpulo and confirmed that at 21, he’s capable of directing a squad, even in tough weather.

Last but not least, we look to the attack where we see a duo that often has been cited as the alternatives to Bogwa and Rui Mokanga, although this unjustly overlooks Zito Miguel. Lua Banga aims for his first title of topscorer of the Superliga but has shown his capacities at Uniao Mpulo quite enough. He’s the short, creative pendant to the taller header Pironga, more used to one-man attacking and already the owner of such a Golden Boot. Their reserves for this international confrontation form two totally different types. Joel Bravo could be seen as the only out-and-out winger in the selection, a position not too favoured by Joao Ferreira. Lastly, we have to consider late bloomer Rui Cabral de Moura, a single-man tank with one aim, the goal.

For those wondering, the ‘fourteen usual suspects’ are Landa Landa (Llara Llera), Chingala (Llara Llera), Joaquim Lebo (Sporting Club), Djalma Yaba (Brasilia Suchitoto), Fabricio Santoso (Zakhoro Aces), Figuerinho (Luis Angel Firpo), Macabanga (Desportivo Mpulo), Wilson Zuela (Randoil Purtaruca), Edison Joao (Riuwiee United), Kubunga (Polaris), Amarinho (Gorfalle Town), Zito Miguel (Chromatik), Rui Mokanga (North Laithland) & Bogwa (Eastweald)

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 am

Lessons - Part Three

It had been months since Isa Tangemen had seen Ezra Blaha in person, but she was very happy to finally see her mentor again at a bar that she occasionally visited to relax on her off days and in the offseason. The fan turned tattoo artist turned journalist turned agent wasn't just the one who had designed and inked her tattoos, he was someone who gave her advice that offered a different perspective on things. Someone she trusted, and someone she could open up to about her problems without risking them being leaked to the media. That was what she was doing right now. "I just don't know what to do to keep all my friends happy... Pandora has been a wreck since leaving Armeia, Ryoto is angry at Mara for leaving and she's taking it out on me because I don't want her to join the Imperial military, Kameron is pissed at Brandon because he bailed on her and Pandora and his son to take the Bathgate City job, and right when I started making things better with Kat, we got split up when I extended my deal at City and she went to Anglatia. Oh, and I'm almost sure that the new goalkeeper on our youth team is a ghost. I miss home, I wish I had just signed up for the military again instead of leaving."

Ezra whistled slowly. "Wait, first of all, why is Ryoto trying to join the army in Anglatia?"

"She wants to become an Anglatian by shed blood so she can play internationally again. Amy and Leonne did it successfully but it's a fucking stupid idea if you ask me... They basically sign up to fight in the most dangerous front that the Empire is fighting on, which is either South Valeria or East Kisote right now, and then try to get involved with as many battles as they can so they can get hurt and gain citizenship," sighed Isa. "It hasn't worked for everybody... Anke Vira tried it and bled to death in the mountains because of taking stupid risks so she would get injured."

Ezra just shrugged. "We're Armeians. It's in our nature to fight, even if it isn't for our fatherland. We fought for the viking dynasties and the Danes before gaining our independence, we fought for the Germans to get that independence, and now we fight to keep that independence. We live by the blade and die by the blade, Isa, I don't think you should stop Ryoto if she wants to fight in South Valeria."

"I just don't want to see any of my friends die stupidly, like Anke. Ryo doesn't even care about that country, she just wants to be able to play for a national team again," Isa explained. "But I guess if she insists on throwing her life away, I can't stop her..."

"Anyway, what's this about a ghost?"

"Blaze, the new keeper playing on loan for our youth team, looks just like Cara did at that age," Isa said, referring to her best friend who had died during a training session when they were both academy players, because of anemia. "She doesn't just look like her, either... They walk and talk the same way too, and it's really weird. I'm usually not superstitious, but she literally looks and sounds like a reincarnation of Cara. And as far as I know, she never had any sisters."

Ezra was surprised but at the same time, he looked like he might have an idea of what was going on. "Did you ever learn where Cara was from, originally? Most people in Sudens City are migrants, either Serbs or some other kind of Slavs. Even if she didn't have any sisters, it's possible that she still has family somewhere else, like a cousin. I know about Blaze because I represented her in her last contract negotiations, and I know that she's from a Slavic place originally. Part of Anglatia, actually. What if Cara was from there and her parents emigrated, leaving Blaze's parents, who were probably related to one of them, back in Anglatia?"

"That sounds like the only reasonable explanation. But why would someone emigrate to Sudens City unless they're a refugee? It's not like Loftus or Bastille or another one of the rich Armeian cities."

"They could have been refugees, though. If you look at Jugoskania's history, you'll see that they had a conflict with Muslims fighting a holy war against them right around the same time that Cara's family would have left. It was a pretty bloody conflict, it would be reasonable for there to be some emigration during and after it," Ezra explained. "I think the bigger question is if the two are related, does Blaze have the same condition that Cara did?"

"It would explain why she was so sick in that semifinals loss. Cara never did good with playing again quickly after long matches, either. We can't know for sure unless I can convince Blaze to get blood testing done."

"Make sure to call me and tell me what happens when you do. I want to see where this is headed... Oh, and you also said that you and Kat are doing better together?"

Isa nodded. "We're friends again but we can't go any further than that because we're in different countries. She's hanging around the Anglatian league with Ross United and waiting for a good chance to join a team as their number one striker, and she's not interested in playing overseas. She texted me not that long ago about a project she's working on there, too. Apparently the Bathgate City fans aren't happy with how the club is being run and they want to form their own club. The right wing fans don't think they've been treated fairly by the club either and they want to join them. Kat won't move because she's funding them and trying to get the Imperial Leagues to let them join the lower division."

"Would you ever consider moving to Anglatia to play?"

"Maybe. I miss home, and being with others from home is the next best thing. I know that Ross United needs a goalkeeper soon because their starter right now is older and ready to settle down back at his home state, and I might go there if it's possible. That's actually why I'm wearing this shirt," Isa said, pointing at her blue shirt with black sleeves, that said 'RUFC' on the front in black lettering. "I'm about to make some waves and test the waters with this."

She took out her phone and took a quick selfie that showed the shirt, and posted it to her social media accounts with a caption reading 'SOON'. "Isn't that going to piss off the local fans and your teammates?" asked Ezra.

Isa just shrugged. "You're the one who taught me this negotiating tactic," she said with a grin. "Now let's see if it works."
Last edited by Anglatia on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE EMPIRE OF GREATER ANGLATIA: Partially retired loner
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:58 am

Puerto Bartolome

Chris Johanssen turned and ran, but it was too late. The Miklandian man - he'd already forgotten his name - fired two shots at him. One narrowly missed, sailing over him as he fell over. The other struck him in the foot. He gasped in pain, trying to prop himself up. The Miklandian man was still smiling at him, as he had been when they first met. "Come with me," he said again, roughly propping Johanssen up. As his body was spun around roughly, he noticed those bystanders who hadn't fled already staring at the scene. One held a weapon.

Johanssen was turned roughly away again, and the Miklandian began to drag him out. Two others - a Miklandian and a Llamanean - came out of the crowd to help him.

And then - three gunshots, and Johanssen was on the ground, ears ringing, and they were all dead, and an Eyrelian man was staring over his prone body.

Nikcoro

There were so many of them. Llamanean soldiers stood in some formation in front of them. Geoffrey estimated thousands.

"I am Colonel David Withers. Please peacefully disperse," said one. "No legal action or military force will be used against you if you do so."

Marcos turned around. "Do what he says. It's not worth it."

They began to pack up. There was much dissent from the crowd, but they left anyways. Nobody wanted to just leave, but the only other option would be confronting the Llamanean soldiers.

And then: a single man, running out of the throng of Hicanans, holding a weapon.

"DON'T-" Geoffrey screamed. The man would not listen. He sprinted forwards and shot Colonel David Withers in the chest. Then, with a wordless cry, he launched himself into the Llamanean army, firing as he did so. He was killed within seconds.

"Christ," he whispered. There were three dead bodies - the Hicanan man, Withers, and another soldier. How many more would die?
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Fhulghamous Peninsula
Spokesperson

Postby Fhulghamous Peninsula » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:18 am

The Byquist Curse, Part Eight

Edison's Muscle Training and Fitness Gym
New Kilkenny, Markovsky, Mezaladbyi, Abanhfleft

Edison's Muscle Training and Fitness Gym was not like many of the other gyms that had proliferated throughout the country following the health craze of 2010-11. Looking at it, it was obvious that the gym had been built way before the health craze had happened. The paint outside was once turquoise but was now made dark by the dust and pollution in the city, and the man painted on the wall beside the name of the gym who was flexing his arms was depicted in a style that was very much late 80s to early 90s Abanhfleft cartooning.

But inside, it was a different story altogether. The interior of the gym looked like one of those international gym franchises that actually only catered to those people rich enough to afford platinum memberships that cost two thousand new penenks a month, but Edison's didn't charge such an obscenely large fee from its clients. In fact, use of the gym was free, so long as the users threw their trash in the proper bins and wiped clean their sweat from the machines that they used.

"What did I tell you?" Sofie Dolan asked Tess Byquist as the former steered the latter towards the gym. "It's just a few blocks away from the Old Forester!"

It was four days after the earthquake that had struck Port Thimpodopoulos in the Fhulghamous Peninsula had stranded the players of Ludogorets Markovsky Ladies Football Club in the aforementioned city. They had had to spend a night in the tent city that had been erected in Arena Marinos to accommodate some of the people who had been rendered homeless by the disaster. They had had to drive all the way to Thereisnogodabad in the northern part of the colony to catch a flight back home to Markovsky, but all in all, it hadn't felt like a massive waste of time.

Sofie had brought Tess over to the gym because despite the disaster that happened, she still somehow remembered that Tess had asked her about any good gyms near the stadium. Tess had said that she had wanted to do some MMA training, and Sofie was more than happy enough to take her up on her offer.

"Sofie, are you sure that I'm not imposing upon you and your cousin?" Tess asked just before they went into the gym.

"Don't lose any sleep over it, Tess," Sofie replied. "As my very big family says, any friend of mine is a friend of theirs."

"Am I your friend, Sofie?" Tess asked. "Even after all that I had thought and said about you?"

"Look, Tess, I get where you're coming from," Sofie said. "You made some decisions, and those decisions didn't work out the way you thought they would. Honestly, though, is there a girl our age who hasn't done the same thing? Gambled on one decision, hoping that it would change their lives, but instead all they got was a big heaping pile of nothing? The only difference with us is that we're football players. One decision could make or break our careers. My decision to move from Markovsky to Lionesses was a very big and bold move for me, and it ended up paying off big. I got my big break, and now I'm a regular with the national team.

"But that success of mine came at a price, and that price was your career," Sofie continued. "You told me that you stayed in International hoping that some big teams would notice you and pick you up, and then when that didn't work out, you signed for your uncle's club hoping to make it big under him. That didn't work out too, mostly because of me, and I'm truly very sorry for that. If helping you achieve your hopes and dreams is the only way that I could earn your forgiveness, then I'm very happy to do it for you."

"You didn't have to remind me about all that, Sofie," Tess muttered through gritted teeth.

"Oh, shit!" Sofie exclaimed. "I am so sorry, Tess! Why don't we just go inside before I mess this up even more?" She then pushed open the door into the gym.

It was indeed just a simple gym where people could go in and pump some iron with the barbels or walk or run a few miles on the treadmills. There were also a few exercise bikes scattered here and there, and there was a boxing ring near the back, next to a big set of windows that let in the sunlight. There were a row of punching bags on the left side of the ring for people who wanted to punch up something, or if there was a sparring session going on in the ring.

Right now, the gym was quiet save for the background noise of the television on one corner of the gym. There were only a handful of people inside, and they were on the barbels or the treadmills. There was a woman in workout gear who was wiping the seat of an exercise bike with a gray rag, and she looked up when she heard the door opening and recognized Sofie almost immediately. "Welcome back, Sofie!" she said. She, like most of the members of Sofie's family that Tess had encountered, spoke with a distinctive Irish accent.

"Good to be back, Aisling," Sofie said as the two of them touched cheeks. She then turned to Tess and said, "This is my new teammate, Tess Byquist. I think you know her. Tess, this is my Cousin Aisling Keane. She's a decent MMA trainer."

"Oh, you're just buttering me up, Deborah," Aisling said. "You call me a decent trainer, but no one's ever stuck with me for more than a month. I must be shit at it."

"Wait a minute," Tess said. "Did she just call you Deborah?"

Sofie didn't reply. Instead her cheeks and ears turned pink.

"Oh, I forgot," Aisling said to Tess. "Don't mention the Deborah word around her. It's her middle name, Deborah is. She doesn't like it when people bring up Deborah in the conversation."

"Stop it, Aisling, you're embarrassing me," Sofie said weakly, but she was hardly keeping back her laughter even as her face went bright red.

"All right, all right, what 'ave we 'ere?" said another Irish voice, this time deeper and masculine. A man with a shiny bald head appeared from a side door and looked at the visitors. "Aisling! Don't you remember that Sofie finds the name Deborah really funny?" he said.

By now, Sofie was nearly breathless from all her laughing. "She started it, Uncle Dara!" she said.

"All right, all right, cut it out," Dara Keane said. "This is a gym, not a comedy club. Have some respect for yourselves!"

Sofie sighed, wiping the tears that had formed in the corners of her eyes. "It's just so funny," she said. "Deborah!" That got her laughing once again, and it was some time before she finally stopped again. "Tess, I am so sorry," she said. "Dara Keane, Tess Byquist. Tess Byquist, Dara Keane."

Tess and Dara shook hands. "Are you Aisling's father?" Tess asked.

The reaction from the two of them was not what Tess had been expecting. "What? No!" the two Keanes said, almost in unison.

"That's just silly talk!" Dara said.

"Heaven forbid if this old geezer gets mistaken for my dad!" Aisling added.

"But, uh, why did Sofie call you uncle, then?" Tess asked.

"Oh, well, since we took the piss out of her, she's now taking the piss out of us," Dara replied. "This shiny old bonce is making me look like either everyone's favorite uncle or that weird uncle who likes to stand in the sidelines of the family picture with a creepy look on his face. But to be honest, though, I really could pass for Aisling's father, can I?"

"Don't even think about it," Aisling warned him. She then turned to Tess and said, "So, you were looking for somewhere to train in MMA, eh? I think you've found the right place. Doubtless, Deborah here guided you to the right place..." That resulted in another snigger from Sofie. "All right. Let's get started."
Tess had changed out of her street clothes into workout clothes, and as she was wrapping her hands in tape, Aisling walked over to her and said, "Nice tats. Where d'you get 'em?"

"I know a guy who does them," Tess replied. "They're Maori tattoos."

"Maori tattoos?" Aisling repeated. "Wasn't there some kind of controversy where they tried to stop people from getting those kinds of tats because they said that those tats should only be put on people who deserve them through some kind of life-or-death trial or something?" When she only got a blank look from Tess, Aisling said, "Never mind. It probably was only here in Abanhfleft or something like that. You done taping up?"

"Yeah," Tess said, standing up.

"All right, before we do this, tell me what you know about MMA," Aisling said.

"What? Why?" Tess asked.

"So I know what I have to do to help you train."

"Okay. I know that you can kick and punch in MMA."

"How exactly do you punch and kick?"

"Well, there's jabs, and uppercuts, and roundhouse kicks, and elbows and even knees..."

"Show me what you got, Tess."

"What?" That took Tess completely by surprise.

"I said show me your MMA moves, Tess," Aisling repeated.

"Are you sure?" Tess asked. "Can you defend yourself?"

"Of course I can," Aisling said. "I'm a trainer, remember? Now do you want to do this or not?"

"All right, all right, I'm doing it." Tess threw out a couple of jabs and a few kicks, but Aisling was able to block them all easily. "That it?" she asked. "It looked like you were just randomly throwing your arms and legs about."

"I was just getting started," Tess replied.

"Yeah, of course you are," Aisling muttered. "Come on. Give me your best shot!"

This time, Tess started with a few high kicks, but Aisling easily dodged them all and then swept away Tess' feet from under her. "What was that for?" the Armeian asked as she picked herself up from the mat on the ring.

"You're not the only one who can attack in MMA, Tess," Aisling said like it was the most natural thing in the world. "Again."

This time, Tess tried getting Aisling into a hold. Everything happened so fast. One moment, she was reaching out to get a hold of Aisling's legs, and the next moment, her head was between those same legs. "Ah! What are you doing?" she said through the hold.

"You really shouldn't try to make your next move so obvious," Aisling said.

"Okay, you can let me go now," Tess said.

"Tap first," Aisling said.

"What? This isn't a real fight. is it?"

"Tap if you want me to let go!"

"All right!" Tess tapped her left hand furiously on the mat, and she finally felt the pressure on her chest and neck go away. Aisling was sitting on her calves, looking at Tess.

"Okay, since this is definitely not going how I thought it would go, let's stop the training for a moment and talk," Aisling said. "First things first. How long have you been doing MMA?" she asked.

"Since February last season, I think," Tess replied.

"So that's what, seven months you've been doing this? What kind of martial arts do you know?"

"The usual, I think. Karate, kung fu, taekwondo--"

Aisling cut her off. "But do you know anything about them? What I'm asking is, do you know any karate moves?" Tess shook her head. "Do you know any jiujitsu moves?" Another shake of the head. "Krav Maga? Eskrima? Nothing?" Once again, Tess shook her head.

Aisling sighed. "I think I know what the problem is with you," she said. "You're trying too hard, Tess. You barely even know the basic stuff, and you're already trying to go intermediate and advanced."

"Tell me something I don't know," Tess said. "That's what my last sparring partner said to me before I went here."

"Well, you should have listened to her," Aisling said. "You were trying out some advanced stuff that really should be left alone if you're still getting started in this sport. It's difficult to get someone in a three-point lock if you don't even know how to properly angle a strike."

"Fuck this," Tess muttered. "Fuck me, fuck you, fuck everybody. Haddi was right. I am hopeless at this!"

"Well, you will be hopeless with that kind of attitude!" Aisling said as she stood up. "Get up, you silly foreigner! Sofie told me that you wanted to do this so you could bulk up and become a real hold-up striker. Now, I can't help with those aspects because I've never been much into football, but I can certainly help you get started on mixed martial arts! Sofie brought you here for that, and by God, I am going to do it even if it kills me. Of course, I hope it won't come to that point, but you know what I mean. All right, now let's start with the real basics: the stance..."
CRESCENT NEWS NETWORK

ABANHFLEFTPRIDNESTROVIAOONTAZ DERT LI NGCOPPER CUPRUMTRENDSTART • FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA

CAMPIONATO ESPORTIVA XVI: FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA VS AJI NO MOTO

By Malik Qazizadah

Sebastiano Pelucci celebrates his first goal in the Campionato Esportiva. His goal earned the Fhulghamous Peninsula a point against a lucky Aji No Moto side. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Ulysses Turogo)

THEREISNOGODABAD, FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA - Sebastiano Pelucci secured a point for Fhulghamous Peninsula at home against Aji No Moto to clinch advancement to the round of 16 of the Campionato Esportiva.

Yutaro Shigemitsu gave the Ajians the lead against the run of play when his strike from a counterattack deflected through Rashidunnin Ali's legs and landed in the goal.

But the Ajians would have walked away with an undeserved three points were it not for Sebastiano's last-minute heroics following a corner kick from Aidan Power Jr.

As the Nepharim-born midfielder curled the ball into the area, Sebastiano appeared from the goal line and nodded the ball into the net.

Max Fetfatzidis appeared to still be affected by his near-death experience at the hands of the Gregoryisgodistani Enemy Crusher Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy. The Enemy Crusher was also notable for crushing a fan to death during the Campionato game in Richard Dawkins Park, and then crushing the referee when he gave the Enemy Crusher a red card.

Fetfatzidis, who plays for Rosenpfelblatz City in the Fleftic Premier League, missed a few easy chances to open the scoring when both teams were still level.

But his most amazing miss may have to be lifting the ball into the stands after the opposing keeper had misjudged a long ball from Ali, resulting in Fetfatzidis nearly equalizing from an open goal. How the normally prolific striker missed such an easy opportunity will forever remain a mystery.

Fhulghamous Peninsula manager Orestes Katsouranis Jr.: "I feel bad about the point because we could have obviously done better against this Aji No Moto team. They didn't deserve to win because we were dominant throughout. But that wouldn't have mattered if we hadn't scored because goals are always the most important thing in football.

"Watching that miss from Max [Fetfatzidis] was atrocious. He scores from that position ten out of ten times. Why he chose to miss now of all times is a mystery to me. I don't think that's a question that will ever be answered."

On concerns about the team's trip to Gregoryisgodistan for the final qualifying game: "We have to go there, we have to play the game there. It's going to be a tough atmosphere because the home stadium always sells out, but I believe we can do it.

"We've carefully studied their tactics during their last game. We have a plan to control and counter their tactics. To win this game wouldn't matter much in the standings because they're first place and we're second whatever happens, but it would be a matter of honor if we win there in front of their citizens."

FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA 1 - 1 AJI NO MOTO
SEBASTIANO (83') SHIGEMITSU (20')

AJI NO MOTO
GK: 01 Kudara
RB: 21 Takudo
RCB: 02 Okano (Ibuka - 55')
LCB: 06 Okimasa
LB: 03 Yoshihara
RM: 15 Ino
RCM: 08 Takishita (Ogura - 69')
LCM: 12 Amagawa
LM: 17 Okumura
FW: 07 Kawashima (Kikkawa - 90')
FW: 09 Shigemitsu
FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA
RB: 02 Montemayor
RCB: 04 Singerstein (Steensen - 78')
LCB: 05 Hainaut (Carlson - 68')
RCM: 07 Moskowitz (Lovejoy - 55')
LCM: 17 von Frankreich
RS: 19 Sebastiano
LS: 09 Fetfatzidis

MATCH STATISTICS
Possession

Fhulghamous Peninsula: 59%
Aji No Moto: 41%
Shots
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 9 (3 on target)
Aji No Moto: 7 (2 on target)
Corners
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 8
Aji No Moto: 4
Fouls
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 21
Aji No Moto: 10

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:47 pm

Lessons - Part Four

Isa had flown out to Bathgate because of Katarina calling her and asking her for help with something related to the club project that she was working on, and she was surprised to find that the place that Katarina had asked to meet at was owned by another ex-Armeian player, Kristvina Rojo. Isa nearly mistook her for her older sister, Mia, but as she examined the woman behind the counter of the shop that seemed to be a cross between a sports store and a bar, she quickly realized that it was the younger of the sisters from Illara. "What is this place, exactly? I thought you were a footballer, not a shop owner," Isa stated, looking around before looking back to Kristvina. "You didn't want to follow your sister and chase a big contract somewhere?"

"I'm here in Bathgate now because I got discharged from the Special Forces... I picked up some minor injuries, but the officials higher up the ladder thought I had PTSD and told me that I had to quit," sighed Kristvina. "They let me leave the country, too. I set up this place to help Kat get money for her project, since what she makes from her contract isn't enough."

"What happened to football? No offense, but you're wasting your prime doing this. There's a lot of teams that could use someone like you, hell, even my team would probably give you a chance," said Isa.

"I knew what I was getting into when I retired," Kristvina said. "And there's no need to shit on other people's decisions because they can't be superstars like you," she added, although she sounded more depressed than angry. "I know I could've played again, but... I don't know if I can handle going from footballing to the military to footballing again like you did."

"Hey, I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just surprised that you don't want to cash in on your family name. You would make more money if you tried to play with her."

Kristvina shrugged. "I just can't handle the grind anymore. I spent my whole career grinding to stay on the roster, being the first one at training every time and the last one to leave. It took its toll on me, I might come back later but I need a long break for now. I only spent a few months in the military and it shook me up way more than I thought it would."

"Not surprising, really. You grew up in Illara and went to school in Batavia. The most you guys do over there to prepare for war is make guns for us back home. I think the reason I handled it so well was because my hometown was always in a constant state of getting ready for war. Because we knew that we could be invaded any day and that when we were, the country invading us would try to make a landing on our beach and we would have to defend the city," Isa replied, thinking back to what life was like back home.

"Yeah, we're all pacifists at heart out east to be honest," nodded Kristvina. "Anyway, Katarina is in the back, taking inventory. She'll be happy to see you again, she wouldn't stop talking about you for the three days after you said you would fly in."

Isa nodded and went to the back, looking through the storeroom until she found Katarina next to one of the shelves, digging through one of the boxes of sports equipment. When she turned and saw Isa, she looked surprised but then gave a bright smile, looking the happiest that she had been in months. "Hey Isa, it feels like forever since we've talked in person. Do you want me to get you a drink or something?"

"Nah, I don't think drinking before a business meeting is a good idea," said Isa. "Maybe afterwards."

"Oh," muttered Katarina, looking kind of disappointed. "I didn't know that you wanted to get straight to the business stuff... Anyway, about that, I called you here to ask for seven hundred and fifty thousand Marks to build a stadium with. This club is almost ready to take off for real, but we need a home ground. We have a decent sized plot of land outside of Bathgate, in the suburbs, but we only have half of the amount we need to build the stadium. I already showed you the pictures of what it's supposed to look like."

"Look, Kat. I like you and all, but why do you think that I want to throw away almost a million dollars because you want to play CEO and start a football club?" asked Isa, folding her arms.

"Because this project means a lot to me. It's been one of my dreams to form a club when my playing career is over, and now I have a chance to do that even sooner than I expected. I can pay you back when we start making profits, it's not like you can't afford it. Can't you just do this for me?"

Isa remained silent, leaning on one of the shelves. "Two years ago, you took my heart and smashed it into a million pieces. I loved you and you left me because of a stupid promise that I made when I was drunk. Why should I help you now, after you did that?"

"Because we're even, Isa. I broke your heart and karma caught up with me afterwards. I even tried to off myself because of you... How long is it going to take for you to realize how sorry I am?" Katarina asked, placing her hands on Isa's shoulders.

"Is that what this is about? You think that I still have feelings for you and so I'm going to give you money? Because I like someone else now. There's at least three girls on my team now that I would rather be with than someone like you, who will break my heart on a whim and-"

Katarina cut Isa off by doing something that she didn't expect, kissing her on the lips for the first time in over a year. It brought feelings back in Isa that she didn't think she would feel ever again, feelings that she thought would be better left buried. But she didn't fight the kiss. She did quite the opposite, wrapping her arms around Katarina and pushing her against the wall, before reaching to pull her own shirt off as the other girl did the same. These business negotiations had certainly turned out much more interesting than expected...

"Y'all need Jesus..." muttered Kristvina, as Isa and Katarina emerged from the back room. "I'm glad the shop is closed today, because I could hear you two from out here. I guess Kat got her money?"

"Shut up, V," Katarina replied, flashing her knuckles to Kristvina.

"I just find it funny that you're the city's most expensive escort now," Kristvina said, grinning. She couldn't stop laughing at how Katarina looked pissed off and how Isa was still blushing, looking quite shy and embarrassed.

"Escort? No way. I took money from her because of the project. I fucked her for free," Katarina chuckled, putting her arm around Isa. "Either way, we won't be having any trouble building the stadium. You can call up the construction company tonight and tell them that we have a check for the rest of the cash."

"Will do. What's next on the list of stuff to do?"

"Uh... I think we need two more players to finish the roster. And I know just where to go to find them."
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:53 pm

The full joy state of a striker

The Redinxson Athletic reached the final for the tenth consecutive time. Decide, once again, the league title at home. He had won six times and lost the other four, two in the penalty shootout. It was a team almost unbeatable in the region.
The game was scheduled for Sunday afternoon, exactly against the Bluebéhrry Football Club, his greatest rival in the season.
Last night Eislaufen was nervous. Knew from Fonseca, a leader of a great team of Capital would be there just to watch him play. And Eislaufen had these things. It was a mix of shyness with some atavistic fear, that bothered him every time that he was the center of attention. Although he was being evaluated from the fans of Athletic Redinxson throughout that season, by opposing fans, the press accompanying the games, could abstracting the matches and got rid of personal annoyances. But now, it was declared, he would be seen by an outsider and with a higher degree of importance. That left him distressed. And worse, he did not know what was coming.
On Saturday morning, the Eislaufen grandmother had gone to the pharmacy to buy a medicine. He had not felt well all week, with swollen abdomen, caused by intestinal laziness that so bothered her. "Odd thing", said to the closest friends. The fact is that the business was already becoming urgent way. And then the pharmacist, well known, gave him a powerful laxative, composed of the various herbs and fibers. He brought the drug home and left on the table.
In the meantime, Margarete, who knew the nervousness of Eislaufen, and knowing of his "release" usual in times of stress, brought you another medicine, which had the opposite effect from that of his grandmother. I left it for a day or two "stuck", but to pass the nervousness. And for misfortune to everyone, she put the the bottle of medicine on the same table where the other.
That Saturday, however, was a problem for Eislaufen. He spent half the night in the bathroom, until his grandmother came to offer you the medication brought by Margarete.
- No, Grandma, I think tomorrow will be worse. Then I'll let it take the medicine in the morning. And there will make the effect there by game time. At least I'll feel safer.
- As you see fit, my son. I'll let the little bottle on the table and then you keep.
- Leave it to me.
And her, dropping his glasses on the living room balcony, left Eislaufen medicine vial there and picked up his. And he went to bed.
In the morning, Eislaufen woke tired and unwell. He had spent most of the morning in the bathroom. I was a little dehydrated and head throbbed with pain. Had to give way and what the solution was in the vial on the table. Put a few drops in a glass of water and swallowed in a single gulp.
The Eislaufen grandmother appeared in the kitchen with a guy who had not slept a whole month. He looked green. His eyes were swollen with edema in the lower eyelids, looking like two reddish cheeks. He put his hand under the ribs and squeezed hard.
- Oh, my son, it seems that medicine had no effect. I'm feeling much worse.

- Oh, grandmother, it should be anyway. Soon, will give some result.
Eislaufen took his breakfast and left. I needed to walk alone, feel the fresh morning air, walk a bit to relax. He decided to go to the stadium.
People who met him along the way waved and greeted him effusively. Eislaufen knew had become someone important in Itapiracicabinha da Serra, a personality. Perhaps in those days was more famous than the mayor or the local priest. Everyone knew what he was capable and he understood its importance. And a good deal of responsibility fell on his shoulders, which made him even more distressed.
Ali, now at the gates of the Monumental stadium of Grauschlass, he realized how much things had changed in his life. And colicazinha abdomen did arching the body. He decided to return home immediately.
Ace three o'clock in the afternoon Eislaufen was already in the locker room, eager, waiting for others. The game would be there an hour ago, but he has already arranged. I fidgeted. Cramping had increased and the feeling of nervousness only increased. I felt chills and a cold wave running his column. At that moment came the Fonseca with the uniform and his briefcase first aid.
- That's will, eh, my center forward? - Said the coach, but noticing a strange expression on the boy. - Why that face? Nervous? Rest assured that everything will work out.
- It should be just that, his Fonseca. - But the belly snored and did laps.
The other players came slowly and were already positioning themselves to wear the uniform and put on socks without first greeted, one by one, the biggest star of the team. For that game the club president, Ariosvaldo Quintanilha, had bought new uniforms, all white with blue and red details on collars and sleeves. The visual appearance was very beautiful.
That, Eislaufen, no longer bearing the abdominal pain, excused himself and went to the bathroom. The loud noise and the smell exuded from there did the players leave the site and get ready outside the locker room. The crowd, already lotava the stands, made a huge party for your team, so he saw the mouth of the locker room. Some players waved in return to that receptivity.
When Eislaufen left the locker room, and a standing ovation by everyone in the stadium, he went against the other players, with white face and sweating profusely. One of them asked:
- Eat snake, boy? What happened?

- I do not know, I'm not feeling well.
The team still had to go back to the locker room to take a water and try some stretching, but the smell inside was unbearable. There was no long stay there, in that place.
- Yeah worse than the stadium Rail, huh! - Said one of them to try to cheer up the mood for Eislaufen.
Fonseca realized that something was not right with his star. He came and spoke close to her ear.

- Dude, you're pale. You want a water? Shall I call the doctor?

- No, you can leave, his Fonseca. I think out here, getting some air, should improve.

After the entry of Team Bluebéhrry Football Club, received with a loud boo the independentina crowd, all players are properly posted on their side of the field and the ball rolled. In the stands there was a mixture of nervousness and anxiety that the war cries tried to smother with typical confidence of the fans. Moreover, he ran through the crowd to information that was trying to put the Redinxson Athletic in the state championship, raising its status. But estravanha is the fact Eislaufen have not brought their famous roses to lay next to each post to, as he usually did, though the crowd had played their when the team took the field.
The game went balance, a zero to zero sleepy halfway the second half. The crowd had already lost the initial motivation and now only looked at the clock, hoping that at least the likely penalty charges resulted in something more lively. Suddenly, when least expected, the team Bluebéhrry Football Club made a dangerous move and almost opened the scoring. At that moment, everyone looked to Eislaufen, realizing that he was not only misplaced, but acting strangely in the field. He had made a few shots and looked out of the game.
Then, a ball thrown into the attack fell next to his feet and to his feature, and he eventually left to pass under their feet, incredulity all. There was a commotion at the stadium. Many looked at each other, surprised. They knew that the kind of bid would result in at least a shot at goal. Something was not right with the top scorer of Redinxson Athletic.
Eislaufen, in turn, after this move, stopped in his tracks, bent down, and released a considerable amount of gas. The smell they gave off was very strong and bother everyone around. Some players away from him.
He stood up and spotted throughout the stadium. They look the fulminavam, requiring a decision on your part. He felt the silence. Immediately after, a barrage of loud guffaws. His shorts were all dirty in the back and something very liquid dripped down her legs. He walked toward the locker room, walking slowly in minutes that have passed like centuries. Laughter, jeers, curses and laughter mingled among the crowd. Even the players Redinxson Athletic released by giggles of his mouth.
He went to the bathroom again, quit his uniform in a corner, put on his clothes and left, never to appear in Itapiracicabinha da Serra. On that day, the Redinxson Athletic had lost not only the hegemony of football in the region, as the final score out of a zero for Bluebéhrry Football Club, but also the greatest player who had been there.

PS : Note that Bluebéhrry Football Club and Redinxson Athletic are just fictitious teams that was used in this history.
Last edited by Red Blackiland on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Paul had returned to his Dwile headquarters. The team he was a part of were rapidly gathering more evidence, as more and more interviews with sources were coming in by the day - some credible, some not so.

They’d had a bit of a breakthrough recently after talking to a source from the gambling industry, which had shed some light on dodgy practices, which the industry had known about but failed to shut down. A number of academics and other respected characters had helped to paint an overall picture of things.

The only problem was, they had no proof. Nothing concrete yet. They had people who could testify, and give evidence of vague corruption occurring, but they needed a list of names and a list of the sums involved. That would take some piecing together.

However, they had a promising lead. A mid-ranking official in the AFB said they’d been collating information for a while now, and had been waiting until they had plenty of information before coming to the police. After a friend outside of the AFB had tipped them off regarding the scale of this operation and they’d quickly gotten in touch - firstly to ensure the police investigators got a helping hand in their work, but also to cover their own backsides. This person sounded like a slippery character to Paul, he’d have to watch out.

His phone rang, dragging Paul back out of his reverie. Reaching over and grabbing it, the voice on the other end instantly spoke, not giving Paul the chance to. He nodded, and put the phone down, then immediately stood up and grabbed his coat, calling to various members of the office as he began walking out of the door;

“Our date with this AFB employee has come early.”
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Falatulu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Falatulu » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Campionato Esportiva XVI

MD6 Results

Group A
Racing 0–5 Banguela
Northern Sunrise Islands 2–4 Anglatia

Group A Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Banguela 6 5 1 0 22 10 +12 16
2 Anglatia 6 3 0 3 15 9 +6 9
3 Northern Sunrise Islands 6 2 1 3 16 15 +1 7
4 Racing 6 1 0 5 7 26 −19 3

Group B
Holy Philippine Empire 0–4 Super-Llamaland
Brenecia 5–1 Southern Sunrise Islands

Group B Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Brenecia 6 5 0 1 19 8 +11 15
2 Super-Llamaland 6 4 1 1 16 8 +8 13
3 Southern Sunrise Islands 6 1 2 3 13 17 −4 5
4 Holy Philippine Empire 6 0 1 5 6 21 −15 1

Group C
Aji No Moto 0–2 Damukuni
Gregoryisgodistan 1–0 Fhulghamous Peninsula

Group C Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Gregoryisgodistan 6 6 0 0 10 0 +10 18
2 Fhulghamous Peninsula 6 3 1 2 10 11 −1 10
3 Damukuni 6 2 0 4 10 9 +1 6
4 Aji No Moto 6 0 1 5 4 14 −10 1

Group D
Sorcuvov 2–1 The Sword Bloke
Nephara 3–1 Red Blackiland

Group D Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Nephara 6 4 1 1 13 5 +8 13
2 Red Blackiland 6 3 0 3 12 11 +1 9
3 The Sword Bloke 6 2 1 3 9 8 +1 7
4 Sorcuvov 6 2 0 4 4 14 −10 6

Group E
Allahisgodistan 2–3 The Sarian
Apox 1–1 Jeckland

Group E Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Apox 6 4 2 0 18 9 +9 14
2 The Sarian 6 4 1 1 14 11 +3 13
3 Jeckland 6 2 1 3 8 6 +2 7
4 Allahisgodistan 6 0 0 6 4 18 −14 0

Group F
Owner-osity 0–0 Yttribia
San Jose Guayabal 6–1 The Royal Barangay

Group F Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 San Jose Guayabal 6 6 0 0 28 8 +20 18
2 The Royal Barangay 6 3 0 3 11 16 −5 9
3 Yttribia 6 2 1 3 10 12 −2 7
4 Owner-osity 6 0 1 5 3 16 −13 1

Group G
Batto Vitolo 0–3 Racao
Nova Anglicana 5–0 Ethane

Group G Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 6 5 1 0 19 5 +14 16
2 Racao 6 4 1 1 16 11 +5 13
3 Ethane 6 1 0 5 5 11 −6 3*
4 Batto Vitolo 6 1 0 5 4 17 −13 3*

*Ethane finishes 3rd on HTH goal differential.

Group H
Ritenour 2–2 Boring Paradise
Falatulu 3–1 Thalamascia

Group H Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Falatulu 6 5 0 1 17 6 +11 15
2 Thalamascia 6 3 1 2 10 11 −1 10
3 Boring Paradise 6 2 2 2 11 10 +1 8
4 Ritenour 6 0 1 5 5 16 −11 1

Round of 16

Banguela vs Super-Llamaland @ IslandDome, Toakemeau
Gregoryisgodistan vs Red Blackiland @ IslandDome, Toakemeau
Apox vs The Royal Barangay @ Loatu Field, Loatu
Nova Anglicana vs Thalamascia @ Loatu Field, Loatu
Brenecia vs Anglatia @ Dolphin Stadium, Toakemeau
Nephara vs Fhulghamous Peninsula @ Dolphin Stadium, Toakemeau
San Jose Guayabal vs The Sarian @ Coconut Coliseum, Foaktu
Falatulu vs Racao @ Coconut Coliseum, Foaktu
Last edited by Falatulu on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Champions: Cup of Harmony 66, Di Bradini Cup 28, Medal Count @ X Winter Olympics
Former Host: Winter Olympics, World Cup, CoH, BoF, WBC, World Bowl, WCoH, IBC, CR, CE, numerous others

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:41 am

WHO TO PICK AGAINST BANGUELA? - summary

We asked our respondents what sort of starting XI they'd pick ahead of the team's round-of-sixteen match against a slightly favored Banguela side. Below are the results.

Goalkeeper - Lukas Bernholm has gotten the lion's shares of the starts so far - four, to just one apiece for both McGuire and Horowitz. The team undoubtedly would prefer James Costa to any of these three, but the LFA has spoken, and most of the stars will stay at home for this first Campionato.

L. BERNHOLM - 79% - Obviously, Bernholm has been very good so far for the Tigers (with the exception of his multiple gaffes away in Brenecia), and is heavily favored to start by both our respondents and probably Rodrigo Vaz.

C. McGUIRE - 18% - Caroline McGuire isn't a bad keeper, but she hasn't played much and Vaz doesn't seem to think she's cut out for the position. Still, many of us would like her to start and build upon a solid league campaign in the Sunrise Islands.

M. HOROWITZ - 3% - Horowitz was fine when he played, but it's unlikely that he'll be turned to in such an important match.

Defense - Banguela has a good attack, and careful consideration should be given here. Whoever starts will need to control breakout star Rui Mokanga's devastating technique and the absurdly talented passing of Amarinho - the center-back Immanuel Kane will be heavily leaned on.

I. KANE - 100% - Immanuel Kane will be vital to the Tigers' performance - he's the best man-marker and may be relied on to control Amarinho. Is the center-back up to the challenge? If not, the Llamanean defense could crumble.

T. KARNSTEDT - 88% - Tristan Karnstedt has been very good so far, combining his usual sterling attacking with surprisingly-solid defense, atypical for the wingback. Vaz, undoubtedly surprised, has offered nothing but praise to the right-back. Will Karnstedt leverage this into a starting spot at the World Cup?

K. REICHART - 87% - Former U21 player and A-League center-back Kurt Reichart has been making a name for himself at the Campionato, and his solid defense will likely keep him in Vaz's lineup.

C. MYERS-BRIGGS - 62% - The versatile Myers-Briggs is known for his good positioning, aerial prowess, and man-marking skill and will definitely see time during the match, whether as a starter or a substitute.

L. SVENSSON - 59% - Would playing a seventeen-year-old amateur be a risky move? Absolutely. But the young Luke Svensson has performed well during this Campionato.

T. JORGENSON - 3% - While still promising, Jorgenson may ultimately be too unpolished to ever start regularly for the National Team.

J. URBAN - 1% - the center-back has looked utterly atrocious so far at the Campionato, and the prospect's career is in free-fall.

Midfield - The stars, Rasmussen Penbrooke, Amarinho, and Mokanga, are all attackers - but whoever wins the midfield battle will win the game.

F. RASMUSSEN - 98% The attacking-midfielder will be the focus of the Llamanean attack, and he'll need to step it up, as he's been somewhat disappointing so far.

E. CANDELARIO - 96% - The back four have undoubtedly appreciated Ethan Candelario's solid defense and midfield control, and the defensive-midfielder has also shown solid passing skill.

N. VESELY - 95% - In contrast to the solid, reserved Candelario, Nemanja Vesely will provide necessary playmaking and tackling, unless he's ejected. Still worth the risk, the majority of respondents say.

H. KARJALAINEN - 72% - Harry Karjalainen has been a huge surprise so far, and his relentless play and energetic style make him a fixture on the wing.

E. VELASQUEZ - 56% - While Velasquez is still somewhat unpolished, her pure speed and agility could convince Vaz to keep her in the lineup. Still, Karjalainen is expected to take her place.

M. QUIRK - 39% - Max Quirk has been somewhat underwhelming, but remains the "safe" choice to play on the right flank.

J. SANTANA - 30% - Santana, while not as versatile as the overperforming Karjalainen, could still come in as a substitute if the Tigers are behind.

J. CHEN - 15% - While the attacking-midfielder is unlikely to surpass Rasmussen for the final spot, Vaz reportedly still holds him in high regard.

M. HERNANDEZ - 1% - Hernandez has been buried on the bench so far, and that's unlikely to change for the biggest game of the Campionato so far.

Striker

A. PENBROOKE - 92% - Penbrooke, fresh off lighting up the Vilitan second tier for a season, has moved on to Turori. The striker is highly regarded and exceptionally promising, and the team will lean on him to knock in goals.

K. RUTHERFORD - 8% - Kyle Rutherford, although not Penbrooke, still performed very well during Penbrooke's absence due to a minor injury. If the young striker falters again, Rutherford will undoubtedly be the first off the bench.

lineup to face Banguela: Bernholm; Svensson,Reichart,Kane,Karnstedt; Candelario, Vesely; Karjalainen, Rasmussen, Quirk; Penbrooke

substitutes chosen from: McGuire, Myers-Briggs, Jorgenson, Santana, Velasquez, Rutherford
Last edited by Super-Llamaland on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Lessons - Part Six

While Isa hadn't returned home yet, Blaze was over at her apartment with Pandora and Kameron and Filipe, because she didn't have her own TV yet to watch the national team match. "We're probably going to concede before extra time," she remarked, looking at the clock at the top of the screen and seeing that they were five minutes away from going into a few minutes of added time. The score was 2-2, with Carlito Traoe scoring a brace for Anglatia with one goal in each half. They weren't expected to hang with the Sunrise Islands for very long, or to win, but surprisingly, the pressure offense was doing a great job at creating chances and pressuring the opposition, and because they had the ball more, there was more pressure on them and they made more mistakes.

The eighty sixth minute was when Zahara Santana stepped up big time and passed to Andros Diasakos on the wing before making a run down the center of the pitch and receiving the ball from him. She took the ball to the edge of the box and sharply changed directions before using her left foot to strike a curved shot into goal, one that was shot at such a weird angle that it was impossible to save. "I stand corrected," Blaze said, surprised.

But there would be one more goal. In extra time, the Northern Sunrise Islands sent their keeper out on a free kick to try to get an equalizer, but Joanna Danicic trapped the ball and started running with it, before firing a long shot from center field that slowly rolled into goal. The home fans mostly seemed shocked, and so did the commentators. "It's 4-2 now and you can put this game on ice... The impossible dream stays alive for at least one more match," the lead commentator stated, sounding slightly disappointed at how the Imperial team was busting the narratives for this group.

"Are you happy?" asked Kameron, glancing over to Blaze, who had jumped up in celebration when Joanna scored to end the match.

"Yeah, we have a hard draw in the next round but nobody expected us to get there," Blaze nodded. "I'm usually not that into supporting the Imperial team, but Joanna went to the same high school as me so I'm happy for her."

As Kameron was going to say something, the door opened and someone else walked in, Isa. "Back from your 'business trip'?" Kameron asked, making air quotes. "I'm assuming you had fun with Kat?"

"The fuck are you talking about?" Isa muttered, although her face looked surprised for a moment after Kameron mentioned Katarina. "I only talked to her once, and it was about business stuff."

"You haven't checked the news, have you? The biggest story out of Ross is that you two did something dirty in the back room of a store, and that you're going to transfer to Ross United now because of it," Kameron chuckled. "I don't know about the truth of the second part, but from your face, I think the first part is true."

"That fucking brat..." Isa sighed, referring to Kristvina. She had to have been the one to send the story to the press, she was the only one in the shop other than Katarina. "Well, I guess I know now that Kristvina Rojo is exactly like her sister. All about money."

"What is Mia Rojo really like, off the pitch? Is she as hostile as the press say she is?" asked Blaze.

Isa shrugged. "More or less, yeah. But I'm biased because of the times when she beat the shit out of me after training. We're sort of friends now but I hated her when we played together, she always knew exactly what to say to piss me off."

"She actually hit you for playing bad in training?"

"All the time. Even though she was super competitive, she always pushed the backup keepers way too hard. I had to talk Haddi, who was still the second string keeper back then, off of a ledge one time because of stuff that Mia said to her after she scored an own goal for the reserve team. Holly told Mia to calm down after that, but most of us still didn't like her because of spending three or four years getting beat up by her," Isa explained. She moved to one of the cabinets near the kitchen, opening it and finding a bottle of pills.

Blaze seemed interested, sitting up to get a better look at the bottle. But she decided not to ask about it for now. "Is that why you became such a good player? Because of having someone to push you like that?"

"Maybe... I'd like to think that it's because there's an upside to-"

"Isa, what the hell are those? Do you really want to risk failing a drug test because you popped the wrong kind of pills?" asked Kameron, cutting off Isa as she opened the bottle.

"It's just venlafaxine. I'm actually supposed to take it every day, but I almost never do because I play like shit when I'm on it. The side effects if I stop taking it aren't very good, either..."

Pandora perked up upon hearing that, after staying silent for the whole conversation. "What are you taking that for? Because I took it when I was with Vandals and I had to stop because of the side effects. The withdrawal effects are the reason why I didn't start in goal when we won the title."

"I'm going to call Katarina tomorrow and I want to make sure that I'm feeling the best that I can feel," stated Isa. She swallowed a couple of the pills, pouring a glass of water and drinking that afterwards. "I finally made things right with her, I'm not going to risk messing it up because of not taking my meds."

"I didn't know you two took antidepressants," muttered Blaze. "Aren't you afraid of failing a drug test because of that?"

"Eh, once you get into the top leagues, everyone is on some kind of pill or another," Kameron replied. "When I was at Vorsaa, I was the only striker that wasn't on Adderall. At Hawks and every other team in WD1, they used a ton of painkilling drugs to get everyone through the season. I'm not joking when I say I've literally seen players out there with broken bones. But surprisingly, the drugs that everyone takes for fun are the ones that can get you suspended."

"Wait a minute, look at the news," said Pandora, pointing to the TV. "Apparently Ross United just made a ten million Mark bid for Isa. They have a precontract with Leonne Warner and they're going to send her away too."

Isa looked surprised but grinned, taking out her phone and calling Ezra. "Hey Ezra... That negotiating tactic of yours paid off big time."
Last edited by Anglatia on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:10 am

THE BRINEMOUTH HERALD
SUMMARY - SHAKY GROUP STAGE FINISHES STRONG
by Karin Rietveld

After a fairly rough introduction, it seems like Reinhard Shale's settled into the task of developing the Cormorants into routine worldbeaters. Not succeeded yet, by any means - that test will come in the later stages of the tournament, and the World Cup - but there's a flicker of an idea here. Like Shale's other sides, and indeed Shale fits the profile of other classic Nepharim managers to leave these shores abroad - Gethin Ramsey for Cosumar, Daniel Brunet until recently with Electrum, Gareth Bournemouth's stint with the Sarian and of course Shale himself in a successful spell with Buyan. A disciplined, physical and hard-working team that smashes everything in its way.

The world champions' glorious return to Sabrefell gave way to a very drab match against Sorcuvov. It was clear that defensive work had been done after the freeflowing Riether days - Scharner and Katskalidis were as rock-solid as they should always have been on paper, Rainsford kept the midfield tidy, Caravella was barely tested. But what was going up front? The fullbacks seemed too shackled - a waste of both their talents - and something was just a little off up front. Still, Andrea Cawdor broke the deadlock in the 71st minute to ease Nepharim nerves. Thankfully.

Because there was no such luck coming against the Sword Bloke, as Shale shuffled the pack a little from the hand he'd been dealt. It didn't work. It admittedly should have done in a game the Cormorants dominated but two debutants in Chrysanthe Scafidis and Gareth Westmead failed to really impose themselves upon the match. It was an interesting idea, putting clubmates on the flanks - Vyntra and Vesper on the left, Westmead and Belgrave on the right. It just didn't work. Still, the centre held and Caravella was barely tested in the process of earning her second clean sheet.

The bottom fell out the next match. Red Blackiland had what it took to get past Caravella, who flapped at a cross aimed for Ferreth to nod home at the far post. She made up for it with a great save from Carmona minutes later as the Cormorants fought back. Hargreaves saved fantastically from Ashdown before a frankly uncharacteristic miss from Amokachi who looked genuinely distraught with herself, before Defour slotted low past Caravella. Still, Shale has a knack for telling substitutions, and substituting the floaty, subtle Covenant for the big blunt object Scafidis made an immediate impact when Vyntra dropped a cross on her face. 2-1, 2-2 soon afterwards when Scafidis nodded back a cross for Szalai to smash past Hargraves at his near post. Perfect! Or... almost perfect. Ferreth found some space from nowhere in the box to find the top corner in injury time.

Still, there was a spark in that match, and it finally found its home in the second half. The frankly rather nervous Cormorants that travelled to Stade de Partois were rewarded with a 4-0 disembowelling as Chrysanthe Scafidis rewarded Shale's faith in her with a brace, while Ashdown finally got on the scoresheet again and Cantor came off the bench to thump home a late icing on the cake. Similar fare in the Sword Bloke, an unfortunate own goal from a rather sheepish Griffiths late on irrelevant due to Amokachi returning from her brief sabbatical from good form with a hat-trick. She opened the scoring within six minutes against Red Blackiland (Ashdown and substitute Covenant helping) in another 3-1 victory to round off a stirring last set of games.

So what have we learned? Shale seems to have picked his favoured side, one with Caravella between the posts and young gun Chrysanthe Scafidis up front. Yes, Covenant was excellent in the World Cup, and is excellent in general. But she likes a free-flowing game in which she can float between the lines and have support coming, return deep for the ball. Which might make her an excellent impact substitute, as she was against Blackiland. Scafidis, meanwhile, is all of Kellard's homicidal rage in a finely-honed goal machine body. The side plays tighter and more counterpunching, something like Audioslavia in their prime - and that style worked out fairly well for them, didn't it? It might not be pretty, and it might not always be efficient against defensive minnows. But against the top sides? It might just see us grind through them all on a flat track to the top.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:59 am

THE ROZELLE OBSERVER
Group review: Strong showing sets Patriots in good stead
Rose Mackay

Sasha Bale's new blood seems to have had a reasonably smooth introduction to tournament football as Brenecia topped a fairly straightforward group. Goals, in particular, were extremely easy to come by - 19 of them scored over the six games, an ominous side for the young and inexperienced Anglatia side that the Patriots face next.

Admittedly, the Patriots came to a rocky start against the spirited Holy Phillippine Empire, 2-2 at half-time. Bale's side handed debuts to Szukala and Skorupska while Lovelock won her first cap in an 81st minute substitution, and while Union midfielder Skorupska laid on an assist for Squire Trevelyan early on, Szukala was shaky and Zapata seemed to have an inch on her all game, chalking up assists as he put the ball on a plate first for Mercado and then Silvestre. Still, a Rankin goal pulled things back by half-time before, finally the Patriots took control - Purrington's free kick eased the nerves before Naphtali Thatcher came off the bench to flick home a late header past Rosales.

Brenecia put down Llamaland without too many issues, helped by an absolute nightmare from their goalkeeper Bernholm and an injury to journeyman striker Ansel Penbrooke midway through the match, but there was no mitigating factor in thumping wins over the Southern Sunrise Islands and the Empire - 3-1 and 3-0 away in firm, focused performances. The latter match saw Sandra Chilton given her own impressive debut, while Lovelock started against Llamaland and had played every minute since in a string of impressive performances.

Things weren't all going to be shiny roses forever, though, as Super Llamaland's inconsistent but occasionally incredible Penbrooke had a glittering game up front. He left Scrivener for dead before smashing past Woodgate in the 15th minute before doubling the scoreline on the stroke of half-time, the otherwise quiet Rasmussen playing the perfect ball for him at the perfect time for him to scoop past the Adrensburg goalkeeper. Karena Foran came off the bench in a striking role and it paid immediate dividends as she, well, flattened Kane on the way to glancing Lovelock's cross past Bernholm (who was far better here than in the home leg) but Velasquez came off the bench to secure the victory late on.

A solid defeat to a solid team away is nothing to cry about, even so, and it seemed that the experimental side the Patriots brought against the Southern Sunrise Islanders vented their frustrations on the unfortunate visitors. Skorupska got her first goal for Brenecia as Bowditch, Carroll, Bradden and Foran helped hammer home a 5-1 victory that will be good preparation against Anglatia. Foran scuffing home a low Szukala cross past Weregarurumon goes down in history as Brenecia's 500th goal.

Unranked coming into the tournament, Anglatia's fluid 3-5-2 of domestically-based players has taken them through a tough group They edged past the Northern Sunrise Islands in a massive 4-2 upset away from home on the last day which proves they're nothing to be underestimated. What doesn't help is their air of mystery - this is their first major international tournament, and their players are hardly over-awed by the occasion. Still, the Patriots are in fine form (especially up front) and are by far the bookies' favourites. Still, if there's anything Patriot fans know intimately, it's the stench of sudden and crushing failure. To be fair, though, that's usually saved for qualifying, so maybe the Patriots are going to get to the last four for a fourth Campionato running. Here's hoping!
Puppet of Nephara.

Banguela
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Banguela » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:34 am

I’m not sure what I exactly had expected for the occasion. Maybe some fireworks being shot to the sky as the manager spoke those prolific words. Possibly a bunch of exotic dancers who would walk into the hotel room ahead of the gaffer, carrying enough confetti for a proper ticker tape parade. But, as so often, reality fails to meet the expectations of our dreams so it was a slightly hurried Joao Ferreira who entered without knocking. He didn’t even close the door behind him as he had left a second or five later but that timespan did suffice to break the news to me. No honey or cream, just the simple truth: you’ll be marking Ansel Penbrooke tonight.

That is, probably, the point where I should give you some insight why exactly those few words made not only me tremble, but about everyone who supported Os Gnus. And, what was more damaging for my case, it probably made Penbrooke grin a little bit. Just to give you a tad of perspective, let us rewind to the glorious summer of 2009, which now lies a good forty months behind us. My club Vitoria de Bassuto had, in another clueless attempt to run itself into the ground without going completely bankrupt, decided to have some sort of yard sale with its players. Considering the quality of those that walked around on studs at Rua Alta, an actual sale of worn-out children’s toys and yellowish clothes would have brought in more.

As a result, the manager was left both with little means and a limited list of personnel, encouraging him to mask a call-up of half the youth squad as a ‘positive step towards the future of our team’. Pitted against a bunch of experienced and raw butchers such as CUF Braxao, we were glad to leave the premises with a narrow 4-0 loss. Sole advantage for a central defender to debut in such a game is that there are quite a lot of occasions to get yourself remarked. But time came and went and when we halfway the competition pushed Academica to their knees, some commentators started to buzz my name along with the one from Fantoma as the ‘young architects of the new Vitoria’.

A year later, we even managed to get away from the bottom three spots and for some reason, I would be the one to walk into the stadium with a green-white ribbon around my arm. We happened to win and ever since, I’ld always be the first to walk out with a slightly annoyed kid at my hand. All fun and games, and small rays of hope along the sky. People in Bassuto, one of the two metropolitan areas where most of the population lives, had that sentiment borderlining pity and sympathy for the once so proud Verdebrancos. By far no danger for local mammoths Sporting Clube or Associaçao, it was considered bon ton to have a bit of empathy for a poor side like Vitoria that courageously tried to avoid embarrassment with boys from their own block. Like a fourteen-year old who says pretty ok things when you’re in the pub watching football with his dad: as long as he knows his spot, it’s kind of cute.

A twenty-year old with a plucky ribbon and sixty-two appearances in the second tier, that’s what most people would call ‘pretty fine’. But apparently, it what Joao Ferreira called ‘up’ much to the surprise of the larger audience. No worries, people, it’s just for a game against Racing that is, with all respect for the opponent, a friendly in the Campionato. Nothing to see here, carry on. And it was an enjoyable confrontation with several players making their debut so, yeah, why not pop in some kid from Vitoria, of all teams. Five-nil, that means everybody played a good game, even the linesman.

And somehow this snowballed into this situation. One in which I still have not played a single game in the highest tier of the Superliga nor have appeared internationally apart from that blue Monday in Racing. One in which Joaquim Lebo manages to rip his hamstrings in the last day of training camp ahead of the tournament. One in which Carlos Nzanza wakes up on the day of our opening game with the kind of pain that keeps him flipped double in bed all day long. One in which the chances of our selection, as captain Djalma Yaba is more of an infiltrating force than a manmarker, depend on a slightly scruffy 21-year old who only knows UICA football from his StayPlation.

Ansel Penbrooke, that’s the name of the game. An undetermined amount of kilograms of pure talent, carefully honed at the Apoxian Centre of Excellence – the name alone already giving a remarkable shine to the players fabricated in this football heroes factory. The wunderkind, the next Alex Cartwright and the best thing to come out of the home of the Tigers since shady political liaisons. Somehow the product of a scientific experiment to mix a 100 yard dash runner with a gymnast and the best of poachers, Penbrooke had during his years in the Déclassé turned that ‘he’s not thát much of a supertalent’ back into ‘oh, wait, he bloody might’ and the way he had bossed around the Brenecian back four, a proverbial example of a sturdy defence, made players wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

So far the internet on the guy I’m about to clash with tonight. But in fact, it would not matter if he’s the future star of the multiverse or just some guy from around the corner. It is just a game. See, when I say it out loud, it almost sounds reliable? Just a game. A knock-out game, all or nothing, death or glory for the one tournament this Banguela possibly could get far in. I’m f’ed.

Line-up against Super Llamaland

Landa Landa --- Ignacio Carbela, Djalma Yaba, Aristido Rio, Fabricio Santos --- Figuerinho, Macabanga, Edison Joao, Amarinho --- Bogwa, Rui Mokanga

Bench

Fernandao, Guilherme Marques --- Chingala, Carlos Nzanza, Eric Kwaganda --- Rui Vunguidica, Wilson Zuela, Kubunga, Raul Paché --- Zito Miguel, Pironga, Lua Banga

Fhulghamous Peninsula
Spokesperson

Postby Fhulghamous Peninsula » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:25 am

Keeping Secrets, Part Five

Bathgate, Anglatia
Two months after the Cup of Harmony

It had started with a simple social media post. Isa Tangemen, the temperamental young goalkeeper of Rosenpfelblatz City Ladies Football Club, had posted a picture of herself wearing a blue shirt with black sleeves with the letters RUFC printed on the front in black. Tangemen, who had become a controversial figure among the fans of the team for her constant comments about not fitting in with the club and wanting to go home, had just ignited another controversy when she captioned this picture with the word "Soon."

First of all, Tangemen had already made a loan move to her hometown club of Southeastern for the duration of last season, and many fans had claimed to miss her after her supposed replacement, Mia Rojo, hadn't worked out as well for the club as they had thought, and so it was with great relief that they greeted Tangemen's return. And then, just a few weeks after she had returned to Rosenpfelblatz, here she was again, making another social media post hinting at some kind of move away from the team.

There were a few clues that could be taken from the picture. There was one club in Abanhfleft which was sometimes known by the acronym RUFC, and that was Riuwiee United, the capital's football club. Riuwiee United's women's team was seeking to emulate the success of their male counterparts, and getting a young and potentially world-class keeper like Tangemen would only get them closer to achieving that goal. It didn't help that the club's colors were also primarily blue, yellow and black. So the majority of Rosen City fans now believed that their Armeian keeper was one her way to the May 26 Stadium for a big money move.

Of course, there were a few netizens who put forward their own, slightly more far-fetched ideas. One such idea was that Isa was preparing to move to Redditch United, a small football club whom literally no one outside of the town of Redditch, wherever that was, had heard of. And there was also someone who had said that RUFC actually stood for Ross United Football Club, a club in Anglatia's Imperial Superleague, their equivalent of the Premier League. This theory was less far-fetched than the Redditch United theory because Ross also had blue and black as their club colors.

One social media post was more than enough to get Matthew Cave cursing. When he wasn't a private citizen of the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft, he was the manager of the youth teams of Rosenpfelblatz City F.C. That was another reason why he was cursing, because someone in his position had been virtually reduced to a messenger boy.

There were a lot of factors that led to this particular situation happening. Isa Tangemen, despite being just twenty or twenty-one years old, was already the third-string keeper of the first team of Rosenpfelblatz City Ladies. For any other team, someone in her position would just be insurance for the unlikely double injury on the regular starting keepers, but Rosen City was no ordinary club. Every other season, it seemed as if the team's keepers were always injured or unable to take to the pitch because of something or other. And right now, it seemed as it that cycle of injured keepers was happening once again.

Marfa Kirilenko had been injured during the Pridnestrovian women's football team's last match in the Copa Rushmori against Valladares, a valiant effort that saw them eventually eliminated in extra time. Yannie Redborne, who was the regular starting keeper of Rosen City, had strained her hamstring yet again, leaving the team with only Tangemen as their available senior team keeper.

The problem with Isa was that Carlos Cuvimi no longer trusted her, especially not after she had decided to join the Armeian Army during their conflict against the Republika Kroatien. No, the old man would no longer take the young lady for her word. That was why Matt Cave was in Anglatia in the first place. Cuvimi, being both a mentor and an old friend, had asked Matt to follow Isa after she had told the manager that she was going to Anglatia to "settle some business". Carlos could hardly be bothered with thinking what exactly "settling some business" could mean to Tangemen, but he knew enough about the Armeian's personality and tendencies to put a tail on her. It just happened that this tail was the manager of the youth teams.

Matt Cave had been against the signing of Isa Tangemen from the start. Before he was the manager of Rosen's youth teams, he was the team's head scout, and he had been in the Free Republics during the Under-18 World Cup scouting talent for the team when Cuvimi had asked for his opinion on Isa. Matt, being an honest man through and through, and also because he had known Cuvimi for a long time, had told it like it is. He said that he saw some personality problems with Tangemen that could potentially prevent her from properly bonding with the team. Carlos had listened to his advice and weighed it against the potential of securing such a potential world-class keeper at such a young age, and went ahead with the signing.

Immediately after she arrived in Fleftic shores, Matt had been proven right. Tangemen, like he had predicted in his scouting reports, had begun complaining about homesickness and wanting to grow up. Matt had suggested that the team shift her on as soon as the season was over and let some other team deal with her whining. But Carlos Cuvimi was a stubborn man. When he set his mind on something, he will move heaven and hell to see his plans come to fruition, and one of those plans had been to turn Isa Tangemen into a world-class keeper at Rosenpfelblatz.

Of course, Matt had hoped that he had got some of his observations wrong and that Tangemen would finally grow to like Rosenpfelblatz once she had won the Ladies' Premier League title with them. That hadn't happened either. Just a few months after lifting the trophy, Tangemen was on her way to Southeastern, her former club, for a season-long loan. And then Matt had heard rumors that Tangemen had been spotted among some frontline units of the Armeian Army during their fight against the Republika Kroatien. He had searched the newspapers for evidence before finally finding it on an English-language version of the Bender Gazette, one of the few newspapers from Pridnestrovia not controlled by the dictatorial government of Field Marshal Stepan Stepanenko. Matt presented the evidence to Cuvimi, who finally began to realize that maybe he had made a mistake--a hard thing to admit for someone of his age and experience--but there was nothing that they could do about it until Tangemen returned from her loan.

And now this, this fucking social media post. Matt Cave had really reached the end of his patience with Isa Tangemen. He hoped that this post was a serious hint at a move away from Rosenpflelblatz; he would be more than glad to see the back of that Armeian to whichever team she wanted to go to now.

But until then. she was still a Rosenpfelblatz City player, and Carlos had called Matt to tell Isa that she was needed on short notice for the possibility of starting a game because both Yannie Redborne and Marfa Kirilenko were injured, and she was the team's last remaining first team keeper. If she was anywhere where she couldn't be reached, then they would have to dig deep into the youth sides and hope for the best. At least there was that legit Anglatian, Blaze Something-or-Other, who could probably handle a few minutes of LPL football...

Matt parked his rental car beside a shop that bore the address of the shop where Tangemen would be taking care of business, or at least that's what she said to Carlos Cuvimi. The place was some kind of combination bar and sports store, although how exactly that was supposed to work out, Matt wasn't sure. All he knew was that he only had to come here because Tangemen's phone was either out of service or deliberately turned off for whatever reason.

Matt walked up to the store's front door and knocked, and then he saw the CLOSED sign hanging from the window and backed away. But just because it said CLOSED in front, it didn't mean that the place was actually closed. Matt had known a few places like this back in Abanhfleft. Sometimes, if the sign in front said CLOSED, then the business should be done at the back. Matt searched for an alley or a path that would lead him to the back. He found one such alley, and he went down it and towards the back door of the establishment.

Matt was just about to knock on the back door once again when he happened to glance through the window and into the place. And his mouth literally dropped open at what he saw inside.
"So that's it, that's my story," Matt Cave said to Carlos Cuvimi as the older man poured himself a glass of whiskey.

"What exactly happened, Matthew?" Cuvimi asked, pouring another glass and offering it to Matt, who shook his head. "What did you see in there that got you all shook up?"

"Your golden girl Isa and one of her former girlfriends, I think it was Bonner... they were getting it on. Like legit having, well, sexual intercourse. It was like watching lesbian porn, Carlos, except this was real life. I feel like an interloper, watching them doing that. I think I'll take that drink, actually, Carlos." Matt took the drink that Cuvimi had offered him initially and took a sip.

"I mean, how do they even do it?" Matt asked rhetorically. "I mean, we heterosexuals do it with the, ahem, round peg going into the round hole, but how do girls do it to each other? Isn't it like two holes touching each other?" He mimed the action with his hands. "Or maybe they flick each other's beans! By God, that's it! That's how they get their excitement from it! Damn me, why am I even thinking this stuff?" he downed the whiskey in one gulp after that.

"Okay, so after Isa and one of her former girlfriends... ahem, got it on, for lack of a more delicate term, what else did you learn about her business deal?" Cuvimi asked to get their minds away from such an indelicate matter.

"Isa's social media post is legitimate, or at least I think it is," Matt said. "After the thing, I walked back to the car and waited for them to, well, finish their business. I walked over to the door, intending to knock and make my presence known, but then Tangemen said something about finding players to finish off their roster, and then she said something about her moving to Ross United being as much as a done deal by next season."

Matt took another sip. "I got to hand it to her, Carlos," he said. "I thought Tangemen was just a whiney. stuck-up and homesick bitch. Turns out she's also a manipulative shrew. She probably moved here just to increase her stock."

"You were always the cynical type, Matthew," Cuvimi said, shaking his head as he sat down in front of Cave. "So, Ross United, huh? I had almost convinced myself that it was George who was behind this." Georges Leblanc was the manager of Riuwiee United. "How much are Ross United offering for Isa?" he asked Cave.

"If I'm the cynical one, then you're the opportunistic one, Carlos," Cave said with a hint of admiration. "Ten million marks, although I don't know the conversion rate off the top of my head. Plus something about a pre-contract thing with one Leonne Warner. I haven't scouted her yet, if that's what your next question is."

"Sometimes I wonder if you're a mind reader," Carlos Cuvimi said to Matthew Cave. "I guess you were right, and I was wrong. I was blinded by my plans and ambitions for the club's future that I didn't see the truth before my eyes until it was too late. If Isa wants to move away from Rosenpfelblatz, then so be it. Besides, ten million marks must be something, yes?"

"If a mark equals an NS dollar then that's what, a 9.5 million dollar profit?" Cave said, sipping his whiskey. "I'm half-tempted to say keep her around to see how much this club's really willing to pay for her, but I fear that she's going to become a very, very bad influence with the youngsters. They'll see this whiny girl and see that she's worth a lot of money, and they might be tempted to copy her example."

"I had such grand plans for her with this club," Cuvimi muttered, more to himself than to Matt. "But not everything works out according to plan, no? Such a shame, really. Oh, I am sure that you are laughing inside, Matthew, having been proved right."

"Not just yet," Matt said. "The time to laugh is just a little bit later." He then reached into his inner shirt pocket and took out a small black phone. It wasn't the phone that he used in public; rather, it was the phone that never left his side except while he took a bath. This phone contained some very sensitive information that would be dangerous if it fell into the wrong hands.

Matt activated the social media app on the phone and logged in under a profile that he hoped was nowhere near as similar as his official profile. Once he had logged in, he made two quick posts before quickly logging out and activating another app that deleted his electronic footprint from that particular phone.

CRESCENT NEWS NETWORK

CAMPIONATO ESPORTIVA XVI: GREGORYISGODISTAN VS FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA

By Malik Qazizadah

Fhulghamous Peninsula's Rashidunnin Aii in action against Gregoryisgodistan. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Ulysses Turogo)

CAPITAL DISTRICT, GREGORYISGODISTAN - Gregoryisgodistan secured another victory against Fhulghamous Peninsula thanks to an early Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy goal.

The Foot Slave defender headed in Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU's long ball from the deep midfield in the fifth minute.

Once again, the controversial Gregoryisgodistani defender was shown the red card immediately after scoring his goal after attempting to crush Rashidunnin Ali to death and then crushing ten Fhulghamousian fans to death after they began chanting "coconut", which is apparently a forbidden word in Gregoryisgodistan.

And Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy once again crushed the referee after showing him the red card, which resulted in yet another prolonged match delay.

Despite his weakened condition, Ali was still enough of a force between the sticks to keep the Colonists in the game until the very end.

Max Fetfatzidis and Sebastiano Pelucci had a handful of chances to equalize, but the best chance fell to young Tatsuo Kamakura, whose header from Aidan Power Jr.'s corner bounced off the post.

Despite the defeat, Fhulghamous Peninsula advances from Group B as the runner-up and will face current world champions Nephara.

Fhulghamous Peninsula manager Orestes Katsouranis Jr.: "I can't even speak now. This is the second time that the Enemy Crusher has crushed Fhulghamous fans and the referee. How he still plays football is a mystery. But we were unlucky as well. A few good chances and we could've won the game."

On Nephara, their next opponent: "As much as I'd like to say that we could stand toe to toe against them, they have a worrying tendency to show up in important games. And surely this is an important game, both for them and for us."

GREGORYISGODISTAN 1 - 0 FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA
ENEMY CRUSHER FATTY FOOTY (5')
ENEMY CRUSHER FATTY FOOTY (6' )
FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA
RB: 02 Montemayor
RCB: 04 Singerstein
LCB: 05 Hainaut (Carlson - 84')
RCM: 07 Moskowitz
LCM: 17 von Frankreich
RS: 19 Sebastiano (Salvatore - 63')
LS: 09 Fetfatzidis (O'Mitchell - 47')
GREGORYISGODISTAN
GK: 01 Prune Farmer 3818F
RB: 02 Slave Catcher I913AFBSBFI239
RCB: 03 Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy
LCB: 04 Prune Farmer HUXU88238ASF
LB: 05 Police Agent Jorge Warlord
CDM: 06 History Teacher CZDE9745
RM: 07 Prune Farmer 913881
LM: 08 Soldier 0EDCK13DHI
CAM: 09 Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU (Slave Beater SUAXMC91 - 69')
FW: 10 Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrap Notatypo
FW: 11 Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death to San Jose Guayabal (Soccer Captain Laredo Potato - 88')

MATCH STATISTICS
Possession

Gregoryisgodistan: 50%
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 50%
Shots
Gregoryisgodistan: 25 (13 on target)
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 7 (3 on target)
Corners
Gregoryisgodistan: 5
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 5
Fouls
Gregoryisgodistan: 33
Fhulghamous Peninsula: 9
Last edited by Fhulghamous Peninsula on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:05 pm

09:34:14 19th September 590

To: jeffrey.goldrum@afb.apx; jooles.sophisticated@afb.apx; margerita.asapunta@afb.apx; whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx
Subject: Corruption?

Dear All,

Some disturbing allegations and rumours have been circulating around the scheduling department of late. The periodic police probe into corruption in the corporation is once again rearing it’s head. However, unlike previous times, there is serious impetus around this probe, which makes me feel like they might be onto something.

I’m not suggesting any of us will have participated in any illegal practises or match fixing, but if anyone could have a snoop around in any of their various departments to find out what the hell is going on that would be great.

Cara Jones
Head of AFB Scheduling

09:35:27 19th September 590

To: jooles.sophisticated@afb.apx; margerita.asapunta@afb.apx; whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx; cara.jones@afb.apx
Subject: RE: Corruption?

Dear Cara (and everyone else),

I wasn’t aware of any of this going on in accounts, but I haven’t had the chance to fully consult over all the ins and outs - that’s normally left to the various sub-heads. I’m calling an emergency meeting today to have a full look over everything and check things are watertight my end.

Will let you know how things go.

Jeffrey Goldrum
Head of AFB Accounts

09:38:16 19th September 590

To: margerita.asapunta@afb.apx; whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx; cara.jones@afb.apx; jeffrey.goldrum@afb.apx

Christ.

I have no idea what’s going on, still in the car on the way in.

Emergency meeting, my office. 10am sharp (obviously not for you Miriam). We need a plan of action if the reports are anything like they’re saying. Maggie, prepare a press release, but keep radio silence until anything gets leaked to the press.

Jooles out.

Jooles the Sophisticated
AFB President

09:42:56 19th September 590

To: whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx; cara.jones@afb.apx; jeffrey.goldrum@afb.apx; jooles.sophisticated@afb.apx

Jooles, will do.

Having a check around the media office to see if anyone knows anything about this and also to have a briefing so we can be prepared with press statements if necessary. Mildly tense here for those in the know.

Margerita Asapunta
Head of AFB Media Relations

09:46:26 19th September 590

To: whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx; cara.jones@afb.apx; jooles.sophisticated@afb.apx; margerita.asapunta@afb.apx

Right folks.

I think I have bad news. I’ve just had the whole team switch to scrolling through the accounts for the last forever. It doesn’t look good, and there are large sums of money which go out twice, or to places that never received it. How this escaped an entire department’s notice for so long is beyond me, but it did.

Obviously none of them wanted to admit to anything, but it looks very suspicious. And it must have come from pretty high up, so it could have been from any of our predecessors, and, not that I want to point the finger, but it could have come from any of you guys. Myself included here.

This is very serious indeed.

Jeffrey Goldrum
Head of AFB Accounts

09:47:27 19th September 590

To: jeffrey.goldrum@afb.apx; jooles.sophisticated@afb.apx; margerita.asapunta@afb.apx; whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx

What are you trying to suggest Jeffrey?

Cara Jones
Head of AFB Scheduling

09:48:20 19th September 590

To: whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx; cara.jones@afb.apx; jooles.sophisticated@afb.apx; margerita.asapunta@afb.apx

I’m not trying to point the finger at anyone, but right now, I don’t know who to trust or what to do. Bear in mind that match fixing and corruption on this scale is a prisonable offence, so to get tangled in all this could be very bad indeed.

Jeffrey Goldrum
Head of AFB Accounts

09:51:06 19th September 590

To: margerita.asapunta@afb.apx; whittakerm@nswc.ns; will.fich@afb.apx; cara.jones@afb.apx; jeffrey.goldrum@afb.apx

I suggest we all calm down a little bit, and meet in my office at 10 to discuss this all properly then. Having a meltdown over email is unlikely to help the situation.

Jooles the Sophisticated
AFB President

They did meet in Jooles’ office at 10, though it did little to calm down the nerves of any of the AFB high-ups. The meeting lasted about 10 minutes and ended after it dissolved into a shouting match with lots of finger pointing and swearing.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Continuation of this RP

The full joy state of a striker - Part 2
Absorbed in his thoughts, Eislaufen not noticed that the coach Redinxson Union followed him, whose strides thanks to its huge, muscular legs would not allow the middle-aged man accompany your walk. Increasingly faint and exhausted, the coach, a frail and nearly sixty year old man quickened his pace to reach the boy and touch her hand on his shoulder, frightened, turned to him:

- Mr Hartleben. What happened? You seem rushed?

The coach, out of breath, stopped to recover his breath and between a deep breath and another, asked:

- After ... work ... you have something ... to ..., my boy?

- Well, I'm going home. Because? You have a little job for me?

- The ... My Jesus ... - the man said breathlessly. - ... Because I need ... you ... go to ... the ... stadium ... Phew!

- Yes I will. It's something serious? I need only tell my grandmother, okay?

- Okay, okay. Then ... then ... we see you there.

And he went through staggering and wiping the sweat from his brow.

The locker room door was half open and Eislaufen entered, somewhat awkwardly, waiting for a reprimand someone to be invading a space. But behold, the coach was there, sitting on a bench, filling a ball. When she saw him, she signaled satisfaction.

- Great Eislaufen! - He was great even. - Sit here, I need to talk to you.

Eislaufen sat beside him, still wary, looked around and waited for the coach had to say.

- My boy, I saw you hitting a ball there in the post funds. Very good thing huh. You play in a team?

- No ... no sir. I do not play soccer.

- As well? Are you kidding me? What you did is something of who plays, and plays a lot.

The coach realized that Eislaufen did not feel at ease. And Eislaufen knew the way the conversation was going to end where not wanted. Still, he waited for the outcome of that.

- Look, all right, I'll believe you. So let's do the following. Come tomorrow morning here in the stadium, I wanted to see you play. It's possible?

- You can not, no, sir. I'm working on tire repair. You know. No I can not.

- Nah! I talk to the Mr Mendgard. He is a nice guy. Will understand and will release you. I am now going to his house and explain everything. Tomorrow, early in the morning, you can come straight to the field that I'm waiting for you. Combined? - The coach grinned and held out his hand.

Eislaufen scratched his head, and soon shook the man's hand. The coach felt the weight of what appeared to be a pair of pliers, so strong that it was the constriction in his fingers. The boy probably did not measure the strength he had thought the man. He thought of the power of the shot and how much it would be important for the team.

The Eislaufen grandmother offered him a calming tea for guts, as she said, because he realized the annoyance of the boy, who several times that night had gone to the bathroom, as he always did when he was nervous, since she had brought the orphanage . I could not sleep and turned the concern in bowel movements. The toilet was the one who suffered that morning.

The next morning, the team Redinxson Union was meeting there in the field of the Monumental stadium of Grauschlass for another practice session. It was Friday and the game would be that Sunday afternoon against a strong opponent of the region. The players were the usual heating, running around the lawn and elongating the muscles, when they stopped everything to see that. Near the main gate, is propping on grill, he was a tall, corpulent figure, watching the movement there on the lawn. It was the Eislaufen.

The coach grinned and walked quickly toward her. But by far he noticed something wrong. The boy was dressed in the overalls of tire repair, rubber boots and with an absurd sleepily. He found the step to talk to him and understand what was happening.

- And then Eislaufen, I'm glad you came. - I did not hide the concern, however. - But will you work? But the Mr Mendgard gave him a day off, did not you?

- Yeah, I just go there in tire repair shop and he warned me. But, look, your Hartleben, will not give, no. Even more than that night I have not spent well, a stomach ache, a ghastly chorriu. I think I'm with facing casings.

- Ah, but it passes. - Temporized coach. - Look, do the following, go to the locker room, put a pair of shorts, a T-shirt and come pro field. Combined?

Eislaufen looked at the guys who watched, looked at the field to the stands and bowed his head. He turned and headed toward the locker room. The coach, though he was waiting for the opportunity to see him play, was also a daunting so with that posture of the boy. But he turned to the field and started training. Half an hour later he reappeared. The scene, however, was strange. The clothes he had put him was too tight. It looked like he was wearing a child's clothing. And I was barefoot.

The group of players threatened to laugh at that, but the coach warned with a finger to his lips, turning quickly to meet Eislaufen.

- What is it, boy? You did not have a larger size clothes?

- That's what I found there, sir Hartleben.

- And no cleats, or even a pair of sneakers? - He asked, looking at the size of his feet.

- No I do not have. If you want I put the boots ...

- No, - cut, figuring the damage. - Okay so! Let's go there.

The other players have imagined that the clothing worn by Eislaufen to tear at the slightest movement of it. And his standing would suffer the alleged split with his cleats. They looked at him with disdain, and for them, that animal of the woods would be a laughingstock.

- Gee, my tire just boring. - Said one. - Does anyone here know to fix, right? - And the laughter was general.

The coach relented the jokes and tried to start training. Split the group into two teams, gave some positioning instructions and put Eislaufen the group of reserves. He made no plea training of shots on goal or something. Just wanted to see the guy play, I wanted to know how he positioned himself in the field. And it was a shame the first part of training.

It had been placed as a defender due to the size and physical strength, but as it had no quirk positioning as had never played a single match, the attackers almost made him dizzy, going through it quickly and not allowed to touch once in even ball. At one point, Eislaufen realizing that already made a fool of, stopped in the middle of the lawn, crossed his arms and started to leave the field. The coach, realizing that it would not work, interrupted training.

- Guys, guys, let's fix it here. Eislaufen, do the following, go play in attack position. Stay up front and try to kick the goal when the ball gets to his feet. Combined? - And he turned to the others. - Jig, gee, let's help the boy. He's starting now.

- Teacher, the problem is not help you, then this monster does not even know what the ball, the more trying to be player. - The other then laughed openly.

The man scratched his head and tried to understand what was happening. I knew that there was someone who had good ball control, but how it could turn this into play?

- Let's try again. Throw the ball to him. It will be the reference man. Come on. And Eislaufen when the ball come to you, like the kick that goes. Do not worry about the error.

And so they resumed training. Eislaufen had placed casually between the area and the midfield, and took two steps forward and two back, trying to see to the group. The first ball was left to his feet, he stuck ugly, and sat down, almost as if a large log in the forest had been cut. Everyone laughed, of course, but continued. Then came another ball.

Initially, when the other players saw the ball being thrown high and falling fast toward him, thought about the possibility of it hitting the head, body, bounce on the floor and go through it, or things like that. But then Eislaufen framed the body, pulled his leg back and hit with the instep, firm, toward the goal. I was already practically in the middle of the field, but the ball took an absurd speed and was straight with no deviation, no effect, directly into the goal. A set of name callings and a home run. The ball, of course, stuck to network and hung on a hook of the beams that were behind the goal, emptying slowly.

Everyone, from the coach to the players, stood. They looked astonished at that. beginner's luck, some thought. Of course, the thwack given the ball was pure chance. However, the boy greeted by the bid. Someone at that moment, went to the locker room and get another ball in laughter they said it was the last. The training was restarted and Hartleben contained to not laugh out loud.

The next move was even more spectacular. The right side of his team shot with the ball close to the side of the field and when he was almost close to the bottom line, managed to cross, but it went very open, out of the area. But as Eislaufen was almost in the middle of the field and away from the area, he dominated the ball in the thigh the way she came and dropped it on the lawn. An opponent defender was taken to this bid and Eislaufen invaded the area. The other defender tried to share with him, but she felt the hardness of hitting the boot with her bare foot, a real rock, going to fall on the bottom line and lamenting the idea of ​​trying for the boy.

As I was running and the ball had taken speed, Eislaufen took another twist to the side and left the goalkeeper out of action, but lost the angle of the goal. However, without slowing down, took another strong shoot, going the ball hit the crossbar and into the opposing goal. It was a respectable goal, to the amazement of the group.

After that, Eislaufen had made two goals, one head and another no-jump. And no one dared to share with him. It demonstrated a refined technique for a center-forward and unique refinement to someone who was playing football for the first time in life.

At the end of the game, all the others were to meet him and greeted him. But it was one of the Coast, Toco, one of those strikers who were fasting goals, who commented with Hartleben:

- Only I am missing you want to put this one in my place on Sunday. If you want, boot it at the end of the 2nd. time. And look there.

Hartleben, having heard this, I was worried, but went to meet Eislaufen. I needed him on the team. It was undeniable quality. And it was a rough diamond stone, which had to be cut.
Last edited by Red Blackiland on Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Domestic-based team razes CE Group Stage

“The so questioned plan implemented by Paulo Oliveira and Alfredo Herrera of calling new players coming from Liga Premier has given great results, extremely well ones that has opened some debate of calling some of this players to the National Team for the next World Cup Qualifiers, since the performance has been superb, it was just a mere lucky streak or it will be a constant? Is the question that many fans have in this moment.”

By: Julián Pereira, another fan like you.
Posted: Friday, December 12th, 2206 - 22:36 (Guayabalense Eastern Time - User's local time)

Right now you might be in shock and saying “what the f***?” because the team that nobody gave for at the very beginning of this CE, the team that everybody said that they would be eliminated in Group Stage or they would perform mediocre or they would put La Selecta in shame has proved wrong many fans of Guayabalense football, why? The answer can be found on the CE Group Stage games, there’s one word to describe this: “Demolishing”. La Selecta and the full Liga Premier squad has razed with their rivals in this group stage, surprising Guayabalense fans that said that Herrera and Oliveira were doing their worst mistake, the quite offensive side with the likes of Humberto Santa Cruz, Omar El-Sayed and Kevin Santos has done wonders for now, averaging 4.66 goals per game, they have scored 28 goals in 6 games, which is extremely well and puts La Selecta at the top among the teams qualified to the next round, the best performance with six goals above Banguela, Os Gnus did the second best performance in terms of goals scored, while La Selecta just allowed 8 goals in 6 games, in all the games they allowed one goal except for the game against Yttribia on the road, they allowed three but scored five, which matters the most.

Many people might wonder how this has happened, how a Liga Premier side has pulled off this success, playing even better than an all-foreigner side like the one which is used on World Cup Qualifiers and the World Cup itself, the rivals may have been not so strong but the Liga Premier players have proved that they are available to play and put La Selecta in what we are getting used, to be on the top. Let’s start with some key features of this national team that have helped to get the success that they have gotten until now.

The base of the success of this have been the inclusion of some players that are key into the starting eleven of La Selecta on World Cup Qualifiers such as Leónidas Bregoo and Sebastián Núñez, who qualified on the criteria set by the managers to be into the team, as they play on LIga Premier and having seasoned players would benefit the new wave of players getting tested abroad in the CE, Núñez as captain has demonstrated us that he is not the submissive player that we thought about him since a couple of years ago, that kind of player who goes in low-profile and doesn’t takes initiative in actions related to team chemistry, this time he has done that labor and has done it well, inspiring and putting the team to work like a clockwork has been noticeable since the start of the Group Stage, the team has showed that they have good chemistry despite having little to no time together into the national team, no signal of nerves or another factor that may disrupt the concentration among the team players, Núñez has transferred well that experience by calming the players and leading them to do such a splendid job.

Let’s move on to the offensive side, like Bregoo and the offensive trio that has done a great performance, casually, the triplet has done a great job from the very beginning of this Liga Premier season, if not let’s take a look at the goal scorers tally, the three are into the top five, and Santa Cruz won the Golden Boot by a quite big margin above Dragan Kryznjak, well done for the striker who some years ago was just an amateur player, Santa Cruz is a perfect example of what a bit of perseverance and dedication can do if you focus on what you have to do and how you have to do it, his quest for perfection and excellence has given good fruits in this year, especially in this CE, where he scored twelve goals and turned into the offensive bulwark that the team needed for this moment of the Group Stage, though we shall hope that he will remain in the same condition for the next game against The Sarian, the same goes to Santos who scored eight goals and El-Sayed who scored six, a trio that complements really well, if one is disappeared in the middle of the action, the other two appear as needed and score at the needed time.

Let’s now focus on the next game against The Sarian, the Sarianese time is anightmare for us, to be honest, it’s inevitable to think about the “Cursed World Cup” (World Cup 69) when you talk about The Sarian, that 1-2 at home still hurts in the mind of those diehard Guayabalense football lovers, their manager is Ross Horn, who scored the goal that killed our dreams of a second World Cup Finals participation in a row and the point that marked a decline in Guayabalense football but was the moment when the reengineering was made and that’s how we become what we are now, a football powerhouse, we learned the lesson and here we are, tasting the results of it, still, the Bustards have players that might pose a threat for La Selecta, the mastermind of Horn knows a lot of football, he could neutralize us but our style has changed a lot since then, Daniel Netanyahu is their main player, the striker who took The Sarian to the second place of the Group E, James Diggory is the game organizer and the brain of the team, neutralizing him means that The Sarian would be unable to perform as they usually do, the player that we need to do such a labor is Sebastián Núñez, what would be better than him? He has experience and knows the drill, hence the reason of Núñez being the adequate player to do the dirty job.

La Selecta has strong arguments to continue strong in their road to fight for the title of this CE, the odds of Humberto Santa Cruz, Kevin Santos, Omar El-Sayed and Leonidas Bregoo are enough reasons to put us into advantage in the moment of attacking the Sarianese team, shall we avenge that 1-2 of almost two decades ago? The answer, yes, and we shall bring it a double revenge, I honestly hope for a thrashing of the Sarianese team in this game, maybe 4 or 5 but I want a thrashing just to take that pain out of our minds for once, this is the golden change to adjust terms against the Bustards, it’s our time, let’s go Selecta!
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Falatulu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Falatulu » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Campionato Esportiva XVI

Round of 16 Results

Banguela 0–3 Super-Llamaland
Gregoryisgodistan 1–0 Red Blackiland
Apox 4–1 The Royal Barangay
Nova Anglicana 1–0 Thalamascia
Brenecia 2–0 Anglatia
Nephara 4–2 Fhulghamous Peninsula
San Jose Guayabal 1–0 The Sarian
Falatulu 1-4 Racao [scorinated by San Jose Guayabal]

Quarterfinals

Super-Llamaland vs Gregoryisgodistan @ IslandDome, Toakameau
Apox vs Nova Anglicana @ Loatu Field, Loatu
Brenecia vs Nephara @ Dolphin Stadium, Toakameau
San Jose Guayabal vs Racao @ Coconut Coliseum, Foaktu
Last edited by Falatulu on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Sun May 01, 2016 3:54 am

THE BRINEMOUTH HERALD
NEPHARIM OVERCOME ADVERSITY TO FACE FAMILIAR FOES
by Karin Rietveld
Nephara: (4-4-2) Caravella; Christener, Katskalidis (Ritter 51'), Scharner, Vyntra; Szalai, Rainsford (Kuralay 72'), Ashdown (c), Cawdor (Vesper 81'); Scafidis, Amokachi
Goals: Scafidis 16', Szalai 38', Amokachi 76', Kuralay 85'

Fhulgamous Peninsula: (4-4-2) Ali; Montemayor, Singerstein, Hainaut (Zaman 81'), Kamakura; Power, Moskowitz, von Frankreich (Lovejoy 45'), Suzuki; Sebastiano, Fetfatzidis (Resurreccion 79')
Goals: Sebastiano 42', 47'

The Peninsula are one of the fairytale stories of this tournament. Their team contains a number of free agents looking to win a contract, their former goalkeeping coach has left retirement to become their goalkeeper and, heroically, their fans gave South Covello's side relentless stick throughout their last match. However, despite a brave and unprecedented comeback around the middle of this match, Shale's resilient Cormorants snuffed out their candle.

They were helped by a good start to the match, compact at the back and moving the ball quickly down the wings. It was Andrea Cawdor who impressed most in the early stages - the Hastmead winger seems to know that most people want Vesper to replace her in the starting lineup, and it feels like she's determined to string enough amazing games together to remove any excuse for her being dropped until people give up on the idea. Ali had to get down well to save from her in the tenth minute, but he could have done better when Cawdor's far-post cross was nodded in by the rampant Chrysanthe Scafidis.

The Peninsula's natural inclination was to attack, and they now needed a goal. Caravella, barely tested to that point, needed to come hurtling across to her near post to deny Sebastiano Pelucci after the striker evaded his marking and Vyntra, standing on the post at the resulting corner, cleared a scuffed shot from Singerstein off the line. But after a lot of shouting from Caravella, the Nepharim defence got itself together - and, following a lull in proceedings, a lightning-quick counterattack off another Peninsula assault saw a raking Ashdown pass find Szalai in space. Bearing down on goal, the winger feinted one way and poked the ball the other to double Nephara's lead.

But there was still plenty of time for a joker in the pack. Peninsula right winger Aidan Power, half-Nepharim himself, would have earned some goodwill from the Nepharim support had he not been directly arranged against Scylla Vyntra of the match-winning goal and two decisive penalties in one World Cup playing every minute as a full-back. It's fair to say that the fans weren't happy to see Vyntra beaten, ever, but Power ignored the crowd's disapproval to smash a low, far-post cross straight into Sebastiano's path, and while Caravella miraculously got down quickly enough to get fingers to the shot it wasn't enough to stop it going in.

The half-time whistle blew and worse was to follow - it wasn't that the Cormorants were switched off, it's that the Peninsular squad was that determined for an equaliser. Adding the pressing, harrying presence of Lovejoy to the midfield helped significantly, as it was his burst down the middle that caught Rainsford off-guard and his lay-off to Sebastiano drew an overly-enthusiastic response from Katskalidis. Penalty, yellow card and Caravella went the wrong way as Sebastiano slotted it home low and hard. The comeback was not only on, but fulfilled.

But Nephara have a way of averting fairytale comebacks - it's a tradition that's reached back years, and the Cormorants simply regained control of the match. Ritter came on to avoid a second booking for Katskalidis, Rainsford and Ashdown clamped down control of the midfield and a well-placed reducer on Power reminded him to do his fatherland a favour. When the goal finally came - Amokachi finding space to smash high past Ali - it had an air of inevitabilty to it, while a poor pass from the tired Montemayor was a gift to Vesper's fresh legs - the Treason winger cut back for her fellow substitute Kuralay to smash home her second international goal.

Not easy, but the scoreline was ultimately comfortable. Shale's post-match interview was terse and highly concerned with defensive stability, but ended on a positive note. "I think the Patriots are going to play to our strengths next match, and I'm confident we can hit 'em hard on the break," he said. Well, it remains to be seen - but on paper, at least, it promises to be a hell of a quarterfinal.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Sun May 01, 2016 7:38 am

Islanddome, Toakemeau

BERNHOLM - SVENSSON REICHART KANE KARNSTEDT - CANDELARIO VESELY - KARJALAINEN RASMUSSEN QUIRK - PENBROOKE (McGuire Myers Jorgenson Santana Velasquez Rutherford)
LANDA LANDA - IGNACIO CARBELA, DJALMA YABA, ARISTIDO RIO, FABRICIO SANTOS - FIGUERINHO, MACABANGA, EDISON JOAO, AMARINHO - BOGWA, RUI MOKANGA (Fernandao, Guilherme Marques --- Chingala, Carlos Nzanza, Eric Kwaganda --- Rui Vunguidica, Wilson Zuela, Kubunga, Raul Paché --- Zito Miguel, Pironga, Lua Banga)
---

Ansel Penbrooke was pissed - Aristido Rio, the young second-division defender, was choosing the worst possible time to have the game of his life. He'd known that Rio had been assigned to mark him - the internet had exploded about it, forecasting between five and eight goals for him and a resounding defeat - but he hadn't known that Rio had been this good. The video reports (entirely from either highlight montages from the second division of Banguela or actual video from Rio's match against Racing) had shown a competent and fairly quick center-back, but Penbrooke hadn't expected this.

Everybody else seemed fine - Felix Rasmussen, so quiet during qualifying, had finally returned to his peak form, and Max Quirk, despite a long absence from the starting lineup, had already challenged Landa Landa with a decently-placed shot that the Banguelan keeper had scramble to palm away - but with Penbrooke neutralized by Rio, they couldn't do much. It was the twenty-eighth minute, and still Rio had stuck to him like glue.

The newcomer, Harry Karjalainen, naively chipped a ball his way. Ansel dashed for it, knowing Rio was right behind him, and fired on goal with his left foot, but it hit the crossbar and went out-of-bounds.

Landa Landa punted it, and Amarinho, shaking Ethan Candelario, who had neuterized him for most of the game, trapped the ball on two bounces and streaked down the line before humiliating the inexperienced Luke Svensson and crossing easily to the wide-open Bogwa. The striker fired low, hard, and...off a sliding Immanuel Kane's foot, Lukas Bernholm picking the ball up easily and clearing away the threat.

It was Nemanja Vesely who received the pass. He spun around and tried to pass to Felix Rasmussen. But he passed too long, and Penbrooke realized he'd have to reel it in. He caught up to it, Aristido Rio once again behind him, dribbled backwards, spun, and...Rio was no longer there?

He dashed forwards. Djalma Yaba came out in front; Penbrooke slid around him easily. Luis Cange was next to cover, but the left-back couldn't make it in time. Penbrooke cut right and fired into the top-left corner. One-nil.
---
Aurora Isle, SLL
General Filipo Acevedo had arrived on request of the Llamanean government. He assumed the meeting would be about foreign aid, but really who knew for sure? His plane had arrived on the island two days prior, but today was the date of the meeting. He assumed it wasn't too important, or Edgardo Jimenez...er, Benjamin Sanchez would've handled it himself.

Acevedo, despite his military position, was a staunch, if not outspoken, liberal - this made him a good delegate to send to Llamanea, even if he had little political say in either Hicana or Miklandia, where he began his career as the beloved mayor of Keslapisces.

"Welcome to Super-Llamaland, Filipo," said Kristopher Lance, an important foreign affairs figure within the Llamanean government and widely believed to be a future presidential candidate despite his young age. "We've brought you here because we believe you would make a great next leader of Hicana. Obviously, if you tell anyone, there are, ehm, repercussions."

Acevedo gawked.

"Obviously, lots of humanitarian aid would be involved."

Acevedo continued to gawk.

"We have the full agreement here, I'll come back to talk with you tomorrow and you can ask for any changes then."

Acevedo blinked. "Er, okay."

"See you tomorrow, General Acevedo." Lance left.
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports