NATION

PASSWORD

Gaelic Football World Championships II (IC/Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:30 pm

If you'll all look to your left, you'll see day 5 whizzing by as we reach the cut-off.

Group A
Swestan 3-11 (20) def. by The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 3-12 (21)
Oisinistan 2-14 (20) def. Frenline Delpha 0-15 (15)

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Oisinistan 5 5 0 0 107 65 +42 10
2 Frenline Delpha 5 3 0 2 99 82 +17 6
3 The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 5 2 0 3 91 76 +15 4
4 Swestan 5 0 0 5 53 127 −74 0

Group B
United Vietussia 2-8 (14) def. Alphatheta 1-8 (11)
Finone 0-6 (6) def. by Caermine 2-21 (27)

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 United Vietussia 5 5 0 0 112 56 +56 10
2 Caermine 5 4 0 1 117 58 +59 8
3 Alphatheta 5 1 0 4 84 98 −14 2
4 Finone 5 0 0 5 27 128 −101 0

Group C
Britonisea 0-6 (6) def. by Yosmar 0-16 (16)
Hamitltonia 1-12 (15) def. Ethane 0-11 (11)

Group C Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Hamitltonia 5 4 0 1 79 71 +8 8
2 Yosmar 5 3 1 1 77 55 +22 7
3 Ethane 5 2 1 2 67 63 +4 5
4 Britonisea 5 0 0 5 55 89 −34 0

Group D
Silvacometopia 1-8 (11) def. by Youhavenorightsistan 1-14 (17)
Kaboomlandia 0-12 (12) def. by Soviet Catalonia 1-13 (16)

Group D Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Youhavenorightsistan 5 5 0 0 103 52 +51 10
2 Silvacometopia 5 3 0 2 78 85 −7 6
3 Kaboomlandia 5 1 0 4 68 71 −3 2
4 Soviet Catalonia 5 1 0 4 57 98 −41 2

Clinched First in Group
Qualified for Round of 16
Cannot advance
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Hamitltonia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamitltonia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:41 pm

After an amazing game, Hamitltonia has now clinched the playoffs. We asked the coach his thoughts, he just had cries of happiness.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Vietussia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:59 pm

VIETUSSIA BACK TO ROUND OF 16

Frenline Delpha- United Vietussia will be back into the round of 16 after edging by Alphatheta by a goal 14 to 11. If the team can beat Caermine tomorrow, it will win the group title and move on to the knockout phases.

With the teams in the playoffs for sure, many newcomer teams, such as Hamitltonia, who swept last hosts Ethane or undefeated Youhavenorightistan who are now 6-0 with Vietussia and Oisinistan, will have the chance to leave their imprint on the sport in the coming days.

Training is being poured into the next game against Caermine to help give Vietussia some rest on the off day.

"You never like having to push the boys this hard in training," remarked head coach Xavier Nogueras. "But when you get the chance to give the guys some rest and it requires hard work, you gotta do what it takes."

Vietussia looks to stay undefeated in its history in Gaelic Football by winning against Caermine tomorrow.

Line: UNV -4, O/U 23.5

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:21 am

GAA TV
5-0!

J.S: Hello, this is James Sheridan reporting live from outside Oisinistan's hotel in Bloodbenderopolis. We'll now get a rare live interview with the team from Oisinistan. Let's meet some of the team. James Ryan, you are our first choice defender, and having been chosen by our viewers as the most popular player, we will interview you first. What do you think so far?
J.R: Well James, thanks to all your viewers for picking me. I know I've always been in the public eye, but this is inspirational. Anyway, we're doing fantastic. We've won every game in a group against the hosts, and we've qualified for the next round. That's all that counts. Who do you want to speak to next?
J.S: Well, now we'll speak to talismanic captain Shane O'Neill, our half forward. Now Shane, the public really want to know, how are you faring off the pitch? Is there a great connection between the team?
S.O.N: Well, in my opinion, we're all great communicators. We've been getting on well, and I'm sure it was all banter when Ryan put chewing gum in my bed, which messed up my hair. And as everyone knows, I've been in many commercials for shampoo companies.
J.S: So let's speak to the third choice. Our top goal scorer Ryan O'Rathilly. Now Ryan, your team Taghmon-Camross just got dumped out of the Oisinistan Shield by Aaron O'Connor's side Oulart the Ballagh. How do you feel?
R.O.R: James, I feel it was a fair game, Oulart deserved the win, and you're dead Aaron. I'll get you.
J.S: Anyway, we've being having a poll on why 20 year old James Ryan, Faythe Harrier's corner back, is so popular. Why do you like James Ryan? I think it's cos he's an excellent worker on and off the pitch, plus I used to work for his granddad, the late, great Billy Larkin.

Youhavenorightsistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Youhavenorightsistan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:35 am

YNR News

Hello, this is News Reporter 7764678 reporting from Frenline Delpha. Yesterday, our glorious, Jambinutastic, Jambinulicious, Jambinuous team kept their unbeaten record in Gaelic Football. YHNRistan haven't lost a single game, because lord Jambinus is making our team unbeatable with his supreme powers. He is an incredible man with incredible powers, and he will bring our team to victory very soon. We love you Jambinus. We will always be loyal to you and never desert you or rebel against you.

In the other news, Jambinus has won the Labour Camp Open, in golf, tennis and badminton, following his win of 'Favourite Man of The Country' and 100m Olympic Win, in a record time of 40 seconds! No other man has ever achieved this!

Jambinus be with you all and see you soon!

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 am

History Repeats Itself

Ethane are once again relying on other teams on the final day to secure advancement.

Group C                                     Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts                      
1 Hamitltonia 5 4 0 1 79 71 +8 8
2 Yosmar 5 3 1 1 77 55 +22 7
3 Ethane 5 2 1 2 67 63 +4 5
4 Britonisea 5 0 0 5 55 89 −34 0

Ethane are left third in the group after a devastating loss against Hamitltonia. Following this, the Ethane team now has a easy game on their final day, but will be watching the Hamitltonia vs Yosmar game more than their own. To advance, the Ethanian team will have to win against Britonesia, and have Hamitltonia win against Yosmar.

The team is said to be fairly upbeat about their chances on their final day, however unlikely they may seem. ''We are looking to still get through here. It is easily possible. We just have to produce a strong performance against Britonesia. Hamitltonia will win their game as well, based on their recent form, so I reckon we are in with a good chance of progressing.

After the disappointing drop out in the group stages of the Gaelic Football World Championships in Ethane, where they marginally lost out to Kaboomlandia in the groups, the Ethane team, with reformed players and team, were looking to retell history, with a win away from home. However, as time passes, this is looking ever the less likely. Will History Repeat itself for Ethane? Will Ethanian fans be once again disappointed?

In Other News:
Sources suggest that the Ethanian team will be releasing duck's on the field before the game, to try to win the support of Margaret based upon the recent form of certain teams in the WBC. More information on this will follow tomorrow after the game.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:02 pm

With the final day of group play approaching, our sports analyst Gregory Wyland has analysed every team's chances of making it into the round of eight. He starts with group A:

As we look at this group, it’s clear that this group is all locked up. The four teams:

Oisinistan- Ahead by two wins, so they have the group clinched up. They could stay at the hotel for the entire game against The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space, and they’d still be the top team in the group.
Frenline Delpha- Because of the tiebreakers in place for the tournament, Frenline Delpha has also clinched their spot in the round of eight. They could all fall asleep on the field, and it wouldn’t affect anything. Therefore, the next game means nothing for the entire group. What fun.
The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space- As stated above, they have no chance of moving on. Since ey dropped both games to Frenline Delpha, they can kiss their chances goodbye.
Sestan- The only interesting thing about this tem is that they have won no games at all. An accomplishment in itself. So, let's all give a sarcastic hand to the nation of Swestan. It's just sad.

Now, we move onto Group B:

United Vietussia- Undefeated in the history of this tournament, United Vietussia will be looking for a win against second place Caermine tomorrow. If they do manage to win it, they will be the undisputed champions of the group. If they lose, they will be in second place in their group, as they would tie the head to head record, but Caermine has the better point differential. This is a must win game for this nation.
Caermine- They are in the same boat as United Vietussia. If they win, they advance as the first place in the group. If they lose, they still advance, but their matchup will be less favorable than they are probably seeking.
Alphatheta- They have nothing to lose. The only thing on the line for them is their dignity, and they don't really even have a claim to that. They've already won a game, so their game means less than nothing.
Finone- On the other hand, Finone has pride to play for. If I were a betting man, I'd place my money on them. The actually have motivation to play well tommorow. They don't want to leave this tournament without a win, and I expect them to play like it.

Next in line is the interesting Group C:

Hamiltonia- They have the lead going into the final game, and they are facing the second-placed Yosmar in their final group play game. The only thing that is certain is that Hamiltonia is advancing into the round of eight. If they win, they clinch the first place in the group. If they lose, they still advance, but they move on as second place.
Yosmar- The current second place team finds themselves in a similar pickle. They control their own destiny here. All they need to do is defeat Hamilonia, and they advance to the round of eight automatically. However, if they lose, they require Ethane to also lose. If Ethane wins and Yosmar loses, Ethane will advance by the benefit of their head-to-head record.
Ethane- They need to win in order to have a chance to advance to the next round. Since they defeated Yosmar in their first match, Ethane has the tiebreaker locked up in case they need it. They need to hope that Hamiltonia can pull off the win, and they need to win themselves. Not a tall order, but it won't be easy for Ethane.
Britonisea- Usually a sporting giant, their Gaelic football team has refused to show up for their games. Each has been embarrassing blowouts. It's not been a great tournament for Britonisea

And finally, we have the locked up group D:

Youhavenorightsistan- The surprise of the tournament, Youhavenorightsistan has dominated their group play, going undefeated in all five of their games so far. I don't know how long they can keep up their impressive streak, but it'll be interesting to see them try. They have first locked up, so they don't have to worry about tomorrow.
Silvacometopia- A repeat offender from last tournament, they have also clinched advancement to the round of eight.
Kaboomlandia- A team that made the semi-finals last time has failed to advance. Oh how life bites you in the butt. No one knows what happened, but Kaboomlandia has not improved since their last bout of Gaelic football.
Soviet Catalonia- This team is the most remarkable of those stuck in last place in their group. They have managed to win a game before the final set of games take place. That alone is a monumental accomplishment.

As you can see, there are a couple groups already locked in, but look to group C and B to be interesting in how they play out. I'm looking forward to the Hamiltonia-Yosmar game the most. That should be a close fought battle.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:39 pm

The final group play match begins... now.

Group A
The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 1-9 (12) def. by Oisinistan 1-20 (23)
Frenline Delpha 0-19 (19) def. Swestan 0-9 (9)

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Oisinistan 6 6 0 0 130 77 +53 12
2 Frenline Delpha 6 4 0 2 118 91 +27 8
3 The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 6 2 0 4 103 99 +4 4
4 Swestan 6 0 0 6 62 146 −84 0

Group B
Alphatheta 1-19 (22) def. Finone 1-8 (11)
Caermine 0-14 (14) def. by United Vietussia 1-19 (22)

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 United Vietussia 6 6 0 0 134 70 +64 12
2 Caermine 6 4 0 2 131 80 +51 8
3 Alphatheta 6 2 0 4 106 109 −3 4
4 Finone 6 0 0 6 38 150 −112 0

Group C
Yosmar 1-8 (11) def. by Hamitltonia 1-14 (17)
Ethane 1-18 (21) def. Britonisea 0-2 (2)

Group C Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Hamitltonia 6 5 0 1 96 82 +14 10
2 Ethane 6 3 1 2 88 65 +23 7
3 Yosmar 6 3 1 2 88 72 +16 7
4 Britonisea 6 0 0 6 57 110 −53 0

Group D
Youhavenorightsistan 1-22 (25) def. Kaboomlandia 0-5 (5)
Soviet Catalonia 2-7 (13) def. by Silvacometopia 2-17 (23)

Group D Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Youhavenorightsistan 6 6 0 0 128 57 +71 12
2 Silvacometopia 6 4 0 2 101 98 +3 8
3 Kaboomlandia 6 1 0 5 73 96 −23 2
4 Soviet Catalonia 6 1 0 5 70 121 −51 2

Group Champion
Advanced to Round of Eight
Lost on Tiebreakers

The round of eight match-ups will be announced in the next post.
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Play-Offs                                     Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts                      
1 Youhavenorightsistan 6 6 0 0 128 57 +71 12
2 United Vietussia 6 6 0 0 134 70 +64 12
3 Oisinistan 6 6 0 0 130 77 +53 12
4 Hamitltonia 6 5 0 1 96 82 +14 10
5 Caermine 6 4 0 2 131 80 +51 8
6 Frenline Delpha 6 4 0 2 118 91 +27 8
7 Silvacometopia 6 4 0 2 101 98 +3 8
8 Ethane 6 3 1 2 88 65 +23 7

Round of Eight

1) Youhavenorightsistan vs. 8) Ethane
4) Hamitltonia vs. 5) Caermine
3) Oisinistan vs. 6) Frenline Delpha
2) United Vietussia vs. 7) Silvacometopia

Hamitltonia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamitltonia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:54 pm

We asked the coach his thoughts after the game and he was the happiest man on earth. An amazing accomplishment for Hamitltonia he says.

We have a tough game ahead of us against Caermine. But we are staying positive.

Only time will tell if Hamitltonia can stay in this. Our entire country will have there televisions on this game.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:45 pm

VIETUSSIA TO ROUND OF 8

Frenline Delpha- The Round of 8 has been set up after a Vietussia win against Caermine, 22-14. The bracket can be found here along with the option to predict the tournament:

http://challonge.com/NSSportsGaelicFootball2

Enjoy. Back to the news.

Our predictions:

Round of 8:

Youhavenorightistan over Ethane
Hamitltonia over Caermine
United Vietussia over Silvacometopia
Oisinistan over Frenline Delpha

Semis:

Hamitltonia over Youhavenorightistan
United Vietussia over Oisinistan

3rd place:

Oisinistan over Youhavenorightistan

Finals:

United Vietussia over Hamitltonia

Vietussia will be resting tomorrow, and look forward to a big win over Silvacometopia to move to the Semis for the second straight year. That's all we have time for. Tune in tomorrow night for Vietussia vs. Silvacometopia. Good night, Vietussia.

-theme music ensues-

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:43 am

GAA TV PREDICTS:
James Sheridan:

PLAYOFFS:

Youhavenorightsistan vs Ethane:
A win for Jambinus's nation to keep their clean record.

Hamitltonia vs Caermine
I'm unsure on this one. Caermine, I guess.

Oisinistan vs Frenline Delpha
We can do this and come out with a win.

United Vietussia vs Silvacometopia
UV are almost definitely going to qualify.

SEMI FINALS:

Youhavenorightsistan vs Caermine
Almost definitely a Youhavenorightsistan win. They seem to have an easy path to the final.

Oisinistan vs United Vietussia
We can actually win this, realistically. We have a good chance, plus the whole team wants revenge for last year.

FINAL:
Youhavenorightsistan vs Oisinistan
We'll beat Jambinus's nation in the final to kill the giant-killers and surprise team of the tournament.

Andrew Comiskey:

PLAYOFFS:

Youhavenorightsistan vs Ethane:
I feel Ethane have the necessary quality to win.

Hamitltonia vs Caermine
Again, I am unsure. Hamitltonia for a close win.

United Vietussia vs Silvacometopia
United Vietussia to scrape it

Oisinistan vs Frenline Delpha
Us, but it'll be a tight game.

SEMIS:
Ethane vs Hamitltonia:
Ethane will win, hands down.

United Vietussia vs Oisinistan:
We don't have enough quality to win this. Sorry.

FINAL:
Ethane vs United Vietussia
United Vietussia will win another title

Youhavenorightsistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Youhavenorightsistan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:48 am

JAMBINUS LEGALIZES PROSTITUTION

In a shock turn of events, previously conservative Jambinus has made prostitution legal. The reasons behind this are believed to be either for Jambinus's own pleasure, or for the reason of Male Prostitute's excellent performances in this competition.

here's an image of one of the new legalized prostitutes. ain't she a beauty?

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Going in for The Kill
The Ethanian international team, after what has been called 'the lucky escape' out of the group stages, is now facing the best team in the competition in what has been called 'the game of life or death for Ethane'. The team is facing their biggest challenge yet, with the Youhavenorightistan team not having lost a single game in their history of Gaelic Football, a record only matched by United Vietussia, as Oisinistan lost the finals of the last Gaelic Football competition.

With the team focused on this, they will be looking to put in the performance of their lives, to try to secure the semi-finals. They will be hoping to beat the team which has recently legalised prostitution, hoping that the team will be too distracted by the prostitutes to focus on the game. They are looking on this as time taking their side, and hope that the extra training and focus they have placed on this match in comparison to their opponents will be translated into a result in the game.

There are doubts about whether the Ethanian defence can stand up to scrutiny and whether the offense has enough skill to get the board, but the one thing that is guaranteed is the passion that the Ethanian players will go into this game with will be unrelenting, in their desire to finally progress even further into the Gaelic Football Tournament, a feat not even done when hosting the event.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Cassowaries Kick In!
The Silvacometopian team has qualified for the finals! We can't believe it, and neither can any other nation. We face off against United Vietussia, and hope to scrape a victory off the GFWC 1 undefeated champions.
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:48 pm

The Round of Eight begins now!

Round of 8 #1
Youhavenorightsistan 0-16 (16) def. Ethane 0-13 (13)

Round of 8 #2
Hamitltonia 1-14 (17) def. by Caermine 2-19 (25)

Round of 8 #3
Oisinistan 2-15 (21) def. Frenline Delpha 1-7 (10)

Round of 8 #4
United Vietussia 1-22 (25) def. Silvacometopia 1-8 (11)

Semi-Finals

1) Youhavenorightsistan vs. 5) Caermine
2) United Vietussia vs. 3) Oisinistan
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:16 pm

GAA TV
Your number one United Vietussia beaters!

TWO late efforts from Ryan O'Rathilly went the distance as Oisinistan snatched a win at the death against Salanka Bellbin's side Frenline Delpha at Mark Whylet Arena.

The hosts looked set for a victory after a strong second-half display left them a point clear heading into stoppage-time. But O'Rathilly, one of five members of last season’s Oisinistan Under-21 team to line out yesterday, tied it up with a ’65. A repeat of last year’s league draw between these enemies looked on the cards but deep into stoppage-time, Frenline Delpha defender Ty Luder was penalised for a nasty tackle on Daniel Doyle, and O'Rathilly kept his nerve to steer a difficult free, from 50 metres out on the right touchline, between the posts.

Oisinistan had started the better, despite playing against the wind, and raced into a 0-5 to 0-1 lead after just nine minutes. O'Rathilly, Shane O'Neill, Cian Lynch and John McDonagh all found their range.

Number 11, Kyle Longsword, was Frenline Delpha’s most dangerous forward and kept them in the game with three fine points.
Longsword then flicked in a Frenline goal from Zachary Sours’s long-range free to tie things up after half an hour. Karry Salzin and Sours then put Frenline Delpha two in front but O'Rathilly blasted to the bottom left corner after good work by Doyle to give Oisinistan 1-9 to 1-8 half-time advantage. Points from Sours, Longsword, Karry Salzin and Barney Staling pushed Frenline Delpha 1-12 to 1-9 ahead. But Luke Dunne tied it up with Oisinistan’s second goal 12 minutes from time to set up the dramatic finish.

Lineups:

Oisinistan:
#1 Conor Murphy
#2 Sean Kelly
#3 Jack Byrne
#4 James Ryan
#5 Adam O'Brien
#6 Mick Walsh
#7 David O'Suilleabhain
#8 Aaron O'Connor
#9 Daniel Doyle
#10 Dylan McCarthy
#11 Shane O'Neill
#12 Cian Lynch
#13 Ryan O'Rathilly
#14 Luke Dunne
#15 John McDonagh

Frenline Delpha:
GK: Samuel Larkins #1
RCB: Tristen Fornhawks #2
FB: Sally Cornville #3
LCB: Larry Jeffers #4
RHB: Ty Luder #5
CHB: Percy Arlo #6
LHB: Mirabelle Phyllidia #7
MID: Adam Westchin #8
MID: David Carpaet #9
RHF: Zachary Sours #10
CHF: José Amancio #11
LHF: Kyle Longsword #12
RCF: Martin Brakline #13
FULL: Karry Salzin #14
LCF Barney Staling #15

Youhavenorightsistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Youhavenorightsistan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:21 pm

YNR NEWS

Jambinus's Brave Boys Battle to Beat Ethane

Youhavenorightsistan have made it a 7-0 record in this tournament with another win against Ethane, pushing them one step closer to the final. The whole nation is in shock after a close 0-16 to 0-13 win.

Off the field, Jambinus is offering a free dismembered enemy to anyone who thinks of a smart headline for this event!

So far, the leader is Acrobatic Gymnast YNR3307420610 with his line 'Ethane? More like Methane! Crowds hold their nose as former hosts stink'.

Our next match is against Caermine, and as everyone has said, they expect a win.

Good night!

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:45 pm

VIETUSSIA TO GFWC I FINALS REMATCH IN SEMIS

Frenline Delpha- Much went down in the round today, including a dominating Vietussia win 25-11 over 6 seed Silvacometopia to set up a GFWC I finals rematch against Oisinistan. United Vietussia is looking to maintain their unblemished careers in the Gaelic Football community, and a win against Oisinistan could possibly solidify that.

In other news, Caermine upset favored Hamitltonia 25-17 in what was the shock of the round of 8. Youhavenorightistan slid by with 3 points in the last seconds to get a win, making many wonder if they can hold up against Caermine, who are now riding the high road after a huge upset. Oisinistan got an expected 21-10 victory over Frenline Delpha.

Projections:

(1) Youhavenorightistan (41.9%) def. by (5) Caermine (58.1%)
(3) United Vietussia (55.3%) def. (2) Oisinistan (44.7%)

United Vietussia (65.6%) def. Caermine (34.4%)

Oisinistan (52%) def. Youhavenorightistan (48%)

LINES:

UNV -4 O/U 55.5
YHN +6 O/U 45.5

UNV -9 O/U 34.5

OIS -2 O/U 43.5

There you have it, your guide to the final four games of GFWC II. Enjoy your night, Vietussia.

-theme music ensues-

Hamitltonia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamitltonia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:10 pm

A disappointing match led to the end of a good season for Hamitltonia. The entire country is sad and the government has executed all the players on the foodstuffs for losing ( JK ) and the government has also declares war on Caermine (JK ).

A disappointing loss, but there is always next time, say many people in the government.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:58 am

Silvacometopia is hoping to host the next tournament, even after a disappointing loss against United Vietussia in the round of 8.
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Semi-Finals or Semi-Trucks? Which do you prefer?

Youhavenorightsistan 0-18 (18) def. Caermine 1-13 (16)

United Vietussia 3-15 (24) def. by Oisinistan 3-17 (26)

Third Place Game

2) United Vietussia vs. 5) Caermine

Championship

1) Youhavenorightsistan vs. 3) Oisinistan
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:26 pm

VIETUSSIA TAKES FIRST EVER LOSS, TO THIRD PLACE GAME

Frenline Delpha- After a heart-wrenching loss in the final seconds, Vietussia is going to the third place game to Caermine, who the team is currently 2-0 against. Here was the tournament-shattering play:

"Oisinistan down 1. About 20 seconds. Kickoff. Pass to the middle, to the corner...has to go for the goal, crossed to the middle, shot, OH MY GOD! A GOAL! OISINISTAN HAS WON! What a shot! Who saw that coming?"

United Vietussia left with their heads held high after a valiant effort, but in the end, most points moves on. Undefeated teams Youhavenorightistan and Oisinistan will face each other to become the only undefeated tomorrow night. United Vietussia will face Caermine tonight for a nice third place and some points in the rankings.

LINE: UNV- 7 O/U 40.5

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Third Place Time: Who's ready?

United Vietussia 4-19 (31) def. Caermine 1-14 (17)

United Vietussia wins third place.
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:33 am

GAA TV
WE'RE IN THE FINAL!
J.S: Hello, welcome to GAA TV, with your hosts James Sheridan and the recently returned David Malone.
D.M: Afternoon. Now that Oisinistan are in the final, let's compare our predictions from before.

GROUP A:
James predicted all of these, and receives four points.
David predicted all of these wrong, and receives 'nul points'

GROUP B:
We both predicted all of these. James has eight, David has four.

GROUP C:
We both predicted the same thing. But Yosmar was our only predicted team! One point to each of us. James has 9, David has 5.

GROUP D:
David predicted Silvacometopia and Soviet Catalonia, which brings him up to 7.
But James deserves at least eighty points for predicting Youhavenorightsistan. Sadly, he only gets one, to put him at 10 points.

J.S: So again, I win this prediction battle. Perhaps you should improve on this prediction thing, David.
David: Don't make me laugh.
J.S: So anyway, we're in the final!
D.M: And against the shock team of the tournament, Youhavenorightsistan! Wow!
J.S: This is a rather coincidental thing, seeing as I predicted Youhavenorightsistan's excellent performance!
D.M: Well. we have to go and develop our commentary and get ready to do this thing! See y'all!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports