NATION

PASSWORD

Gaelic Football World Championships II (IC/Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

You've been cut-off. Might wanna get surgery before we continue.

Group A
The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 2-22 (28) def. Swestan 0-7 (7)
Frenline Delpha 1-18 (21) def. by Oisinistan 0-23 (23)

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Oisinistan 2 2 0 0 50 29 +21 4
2 Frenline Delpha 2 1 0 1 40 41 −1 2
3 The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 2 1 0 1 46 26 +20 2
4 Swestan 2 0 0 2 15 55 −40 0

Group B
Alphatheta 2-13 (19) def. by United Vietussia 4-14 (26)
Caermine 1-21 (24) def. Finone 0-3 (3)

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Caermine 2 2 0 0 47 16 +31 4
2 United Vietussia 2 2 0 0 50 25 +25 4
3 Alphatheta 2 0 0 2 32 49 −17 0
4 Finone 2 0 0 2 9 48 −39 0

Group C
Yosmar 0-17 (17) def. Britonisea 0-12 (12)
Ethane 0-11 (11) def. by Hamitltonia 1-13 (16)

Group C Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Hamitltonia 2 2 0 0 36 27 +9 4
2 Ethane 2 1 0 1 27 29 −2 2
3 Yosmar 2 1 0 1 30 28 +2 2
4 Britonisea 2 0 0 2 28 37 −9 0

Group D
Youhavenorightsistan 3-16 (25) def. Silvacometopia 0-11 (11)
Soviet Catalonia 1-5 (8) def. by Kaboomlandia 0-16 (16)

Group D Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Youhavenorightsistan 2 2 0 0 51 26 +25 4
2 Silvacometopia 2 1 0 1 28 40 −12 2
3 Kaboomlandia 2 1 0 1 31 25 +6 2
4 Soviet Catalonia 2 0 0 2 23 42 −19 0
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:44 pm

We have won!!!!!

The Korma News, 28 January 2016

The Korma lads have won a game against Swestan! We destroyed them 28 to 7. Excellent job guys!

Our next game: Oisinistan.
Our prediction: WE CAN WIN THIS, BOYS! We now have a +20 goal difference, compared to Frenline Delpha's -1 goal difference! Frenline are proving fairly mediocre. So we can beat Oisinsitan with a bit of look on our side!

You can watch soon!

Coming up next: Replay of game against Swestan

Caermine
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caermine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:48 pm

CAEEMINE FIRST PLACE!

After two games Caermine will suprisingly be the nation defending first place against Vietrussia. The Caermish team brutally destroyes Finone with 24 - 3. Somehow our great amateurs will be the favorites to win the third game. This is mostly die to an unexpected worldclass performance of Caermish defence. Vietrussia's has 9 points against them more then the nation in first place

Svens Roze (Caermine's LCF) on today:
''This was such a gorgeous game, you saw how our team completely completely controlled every aspect every minuten ofthe game.''

Svens Roze (Caermine's LCF) on tomorrow:
''I still see Vietrussia as favorites but nobody van deny that we atleast have a cance! I hope they will play like they did today, then we'd dat then alive with ease.''

I'm sorry if there's some werd spelling, no time to check and a Dutch spellingcheck on my phone. Really busy.

Hamitltonia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamitltonia » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:06 pm

After a good first game getting 20 points and a win. A game expected to lose. A nice underdog win. Starting out third place in our division, a really good start to the season.
After asking the coach what he thought, its true... Hamitltonia will be a threat to several teams this championship.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:56 am

Youhavenorightsistan Roars!
Silvacometopia Cassowaries have been defeated by YHNRistan in the second match of the Gaelic World Championships. They are now undefeated following two games, the other against Soviet Catalonia (who, let's face it, have no realistic chance in this tournament). Silvacometopia defeated Kaboomlandia, which has been seen as a major sporting nation. Next our cassowaries play against Soviet Catalonia (like I said before, no chance of losing against the Soviets). Right now, we are placed second. I don't know why (honestly, we should be third). Nevertheless, Silvacometopia has high ambitions of placing well in this tournament.
Go Cassowaries!
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Hamitltonia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamitltonia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:08 am

After another amazing win by the Hamitltonia Foodstuffs, they are one of only 4 teams still undefeated. :) A completely underdog start to the season and instead of placing the third or last most predicted, they are sweeping the competition. The coach said when we asked him how he did it he said, "We just work well as a team. When you have teamwork and trust nobody can beat you." What an amazing start to the championships. Be prepared to see Hamitltonia in the playoffs.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Vietussia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:41 am

VIETUSSIA OFF TO EXPECTED 2-0 START

United Vietussia- What else did you expect from the now 10-0 all time Gaelic Football team? After 4 goals and 14 points, United Vietussia won their second game 26-19 over Alphatheta, and will play new upstart Caermine to determine the number 1 team in Group B. Xavier Nogueras, the head coach, had much to say about this.

"What can we say? Caermine has proven more than expected to start. Sure, they're 2-0, but we have experience on our side. I don't see any more difficulty in winning that game than any of our other group games. This might be a different story in the playoffs, but for now, easy."

A very confident Xavier Nogueras, good to see for the team.

Also, an easy 1 goal and 21 points hoisted Vietussia to victory in MD1 24-6 over Finone.

Top performers through 2 games:

Goals:
Rock (4)
Bastick (1)

Rock (8)

Next game: Caermine. Line: UNV -5 O/U 54.5

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:43 pm

GAA TV
An excellent source of your five a day!

J.S: Hello everyone, this is Sherry Sheridan, and I'm joined by Water Malone.
D.M: Yep, it's me, and I'm here to inform you of the latest result.
FRENLINE 1-18 OISINISTAN 0-23
J.S: We beat the hosts by two points, leaving us unbeaten at the top.
D.M: At the moment, the table stands with Oisinistan on top, followed by Frenline Delpha and The Kormas, who have a better goal difference but a worse head to head record.
J.S: It's only 2 games gone, mind you, so everyone has a chance!
D.M: Our next game is against the Kormas. I predict a total washout. The Kormas will be underprepared, and will have a soggy and limp defensive layer, with an non-appetizing midfield force.
J.S: ....and will be shut down by the Oisinistani Food Authority.
D.M: Well that's all for now. Keep tuned for the highlights of the game. *tips glasses* And to our young female viewers, stay classy.
J.S: David! You know that's not allowed on live TV! You shou *fades to black*

Youhavenorightsistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Youhavenorightsistan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Cassunawaries Get Rekt By YHNRistan
The nation of Youhavenorightsistan is in bliss after the nation stormed to the top of Group D, after convincing wins over Silvacometopia and Soviet Catalonia. Youhavenorighstistan now have more points than any other side in the tournament, with 51 to their name. How long can they keep this run? Why am I shouting? What's the red stuff in the fridge? Find out soon on YNR Sports TV.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Group A
Oisinistan 0-15 (15) def. The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 0-12 (12)
Swestan 2-3 (9) def. by Frenline Delpha 2-23 (29)

1 Oisinistan 3 3 0 0 65 41 +24 6
2 Frenline Delpha 3 2 0 1 69 50 +19 4
3 The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 3 1 0 2 58 41 +17 2
4 Swestan 3 0 0 3 24 84 −60 0

Group B
Finone 1-4 (7) def. by Alphatheta 2-18 (24)
United Vietussia 3-10 (19) def. Caermine 2-9 (15)

1 United Vietussia 3 3 0 0 69 40 +29 6
2 Caermine 3 2 0 1 62 35 +27 4
3 Alphatheta 3 1 0 2 56 56 0 2
4 Finone 3 0 0 3 16 72 −56 0
Group C
Hamitltonia 0-11 (11) def. by Yosmar 1-18 (21)
Britonisea 0-9 (9) def. by Ethane 1-16 (19)

1 Yosmar 3 2 0 1 51 39 +12 4
2 Ethane 3 2 0 1 46 38 +8 4
3 Hamitltonia 3 2 0 1 47 48 −1 4
4 Britonisea 3 0 0 3 37 56 −19 0

Group D
Kaboomlandia 0-9 (9) def. by Youhavenorightsistan 0-13 (13)
Silvacometopia 2-16 (22) def. Soviet Catalonia 1-9 (12)

1 Youhavenorightsistan 3 3 0 0 64 35 +29 6
2 Silvacometopia 3 2 0 1 50 52 −2 4
3 Kaboomlandia 3 1 0 2 40 38 +2 2
4 Soviet Catalonia 3 0 0 3 35 64 −29 0
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:57 pm

GAA TV
Watch the Kormas get kreamed!

J.S: Hello, this is GAA TV, with your hosts James 'Sherry' Sheridan, and former Oisinistani international and hero, Matthew Comiskey, who is replacing David Malone, who has been suspended for a week for his comments in the last RP.
M.C: Afternoon.
J.S: Now tell me, Matthew, do you fancy a Superchaps sub?
M.C: *snarls* Well, do you fancy some lovely narcotics?
J.S: *begins to blush* Well, let's talk about the result.
M.C: Yep. Oisinistan 0-15, Kormas 0-12. A 3 point win for us.
J.S: This leaves us at the top of the group with 3 games in. Now let's compare my predictions and David's predictions to the current standings.

In Group A, I predicted us, then Frenline, then Kormas, then Swestan. I was completely right. 4 points to me. David of course got none.

In Group B, we both predicted the correct results. 8 points to me, 4 points to David.

In Group C, we both got it completely wrong.

Then in Group D, I predicted Silvacometopia and Soviet Catalonia right, whereas David predicted... wait, he made no formal predictions.

So I win by 10 points to 4.

M.C: Who would have thought that our old friend James Dooley, also known as Jambinus, would one day run a successful Gaelic Football Championships Tournament?
J.S: Ah yes, Youhavenorightsistan. The shock of the tournament. Another major shock was Britonisea having an absolute shitter of a tournament.
M.C: Each group seems to have had a whipping boy. In our group, conceding 84 and only scoring 24, it had to be Swestan.
J.S: In Group B, with 16 goals for and 72 against, Finone are most definitely the whipping boys.
M.C: In Group C resides the strongest of the whipping boys, Britonisea, with 37 goals against 56. Miserable, really, but better than the rest.
J.S: And in Group D, the one team nobody expected much of has proved everyone right. Soviet Catalonia have 35 against 64.
M.C: Anyway, that's it from us, we'll see you all soon!

Hamitltonia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamitltonia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:32 pm

After the Hamitltonia Foodstuffs had their first lost, we asked the coach what happened. "There was no teamwork, no passing. Some of our players were also not a peak preformance and were partially sick. A dissapointing game, I know. But we can come back in the last three games and get at least second place to advance to the playoffs." Team medics also replied that all the players are now ready to be back in the game. No sicknesses.

Also, Hamitltonia has built a new sports stadium that the players are practicing in right now. With a much better training facility be prepared for Hamitltonia to come back in this race. The president of Hamitltonia will be watching tommorows game in the booth with several news groups. What a nice guy, a good leader, and apparently a fantastic sports commentator.

Let's see how that all works out tommorow.

Alphatheta
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alphatheta » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:51 am

NOVOSTI ATLETICO Live dall'Estero
Back to International News Home || Back to Sports Home || Domestic Sports || International Sports || Hockey Central || Curling Central || Olympics Central || Search
DABLKHEDER: Back on the Board
Gaelic Football World Championships II
MD 2:
Alphatheta 2-13 (19) def. by United Vietussia 4-14 (26)
MD 3:
Finone 1-4 (7) def. by Alphatheta 2-18 (24)
Current Group B Rank:
3 Alphatheta 3 1 0 2 56 56 0 2
MD 4:
Alphatheta v Caermine

Crystal Ice, FND MSK+7 9:15pm - KholmKrieger may be struggling now toward a proper spot in contention here at the second Gaelic Football World Championships. Although investigation will likely still be launched into head coach Kip Jornstein's potential mass visa fraud, the team itself has finally seen a bit of a bump in performance.

Day 2 against top-ranked United Vietussia was, as expected, a rough match for the Alphathetian team. Hard though Stefanos Ebner was clearly working, he was repeatedly slammed by Dean Rock (Vietussia) and Denis Bastick (Vietussia). Maximilián Messner and Avksentiy Warner made valiant efforts, but were only able to respond with 2 goals to United Vietussia's 4, ultimately lagging behind a full 7 points for a loss.

But hope springs eternal here in Frenline Delpha. While Coach Jornstein met last night with members of the immigration bureau review board, assistant head coach Zosia Alexandrescu stepped in to watch over day 3 of the competition. Faced with the only other team in group B not to have a win on the board, Coach Alexandrescu managed to rally the team to KholmKrieger's first victory in the groups, pulling a definitive 24 points total over Finone's 7. After an amazing struggle and single definitive win, the team's points difference has returned to a solid 0.

"We're calling that a win," Coach Alexandrescu told us after the match. "We're also calling the win a win, obviously, but getting ourselves away from the deep negatives we'd been in-- that's a big morale boost for the boys."

Coach Alexandrescu will likely to continue to head up KholmKrieger through the second round robin, where up first the team will be meeting Coach Lūks Zeps and Caermine. The team lost, in the first round, by a rough 10 points with absolutely no goals scored thanks to the impressive work of Armīns Puce (CAE).

"Coach Zeps and Coach [Leonīds] Blusiņš obviously have the team in fine form. It'll be an uphill battle for us, that's for sure, but not an unbeatable one," Coach Alexandrescu added. "Rothenberg came alive against Finone, so we're looking for that to help get [Mircea] Brune off his ass as well. Should be a good game."

NILC Finals Returns || Spartak Vorotagrad 1–2 Central'nyi Steinstadt; Central'nyi Steinstadt leads series 1-0; Mihăiță Prinz (Vorotagrad) banned for two games

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:17 am

VIETUSSIA ONE OF ONLY 3 UNDEFEATEDS

Frenline Delpha- United Vietussia is now one of only 3 teams still at 3-0 after a 19-15 victory over upstarts Caermine. They join Oisinistan, former 2nd place, and newcomers Youhavenorightistan as the other teams to proclaim that achievement.

Caermine is a team to keep an eye one. After just losing to United Vietussia, and beating Alphatheta and Finone, they aren't just a team for show. They could be in the playoffs with a chance to prove themselves if their play keeps up.

How about Hamitltonia? Who saw them beating high-ranked Ethane? Between Hamitltonia and Yosmar, Ethane may not have a spot if they can't pick up a win against one of these teams in the second half of group play.

Most returning teams seem to be doing well at 2-1 and 3-0. Some sit at 1-2, hopefully biding their time to look at a game to get them back in the group race, and soon.

That's all we have time for right now. See you all in the next game. Good night, Vietussia.

Caermine
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Caermine » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:52 am

CAEEMINE'S FIRST LOSS!

Our country was close but at the end it didn't matter and Caermine couldn't break Vietrussia's impressive undefeated series. It would be 19 - 15.

Svens Roze (Caermine's LCF) on today:
''We were so close and maybe we would've done better if Miks Kivi didn't get that black card, but if's are an easy excuse. Although I'm really proud at my mates, the better team obviously won.''

Svens Roze (Caermine's LCF) on tomorrow:
''I'm looking forward to face Alphatheta again. It looks like they are getting back at their feet and it's honestly a bit frightening how well they've played in the last two games. They had such a dominant showing today, that I honestly am unsure if we can take this game with such ease as we did when we first faced eachother. Obviously I'd like it to be the day after tomorrow already, that should be a resting day for us! Finone is no real competition, so maybe we finally have a chance at exploring the country tomorrow. Maybe I'll try to view the baseball game, Hilltop Treefort really is one of the most gorgeous indoor arena's of this continent.''

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:21 am

After a poor second game in the group against Hamitltonia, in which Daniel Harty failed to impress in his role as Full Forward, Ethane are fighting for the progression positions in the group, having played half of their group games.

Ethane is going to have a fight on their hands to guarantee a place in the next round of this tournament, after the top 3 in the group effectively levelled their points, excluding goal difference, at the midpoint of the group games.

Having beaten Yosmar on the first day, the team went on to lose a brutal game to Hamitltonia, where the Ethanian team only got 11 points on the scoreboard, with the Full Forward having scored nothing. Disappointed by this defeat, but still wanting to turn the group around for the team, they went into their third group game against Britonesia, motivated to stay near to the top of the group, and whipped the Britonesian group into shape, destroying them with a 10 point margin. The team is hoping to continue the form shown in their first and third matches into the second half of the group stages, and clinch onto a progression place in the group, exacting revenge for the last Gaelic Football World Championships, which were hosted in Ethane, where the Ethanians were knocked out in the group stages.

The scenario in this Gaelic Football World Championships is similar to that of the last one, except for the format. The Ethanian team was 2nd, halfway through the group stages, but then went on to just lose out on those places needed to progress. The current team will be hoping that history does not repeat itself, and that they can achieve what they set out to do in Ethane.

New Format; Gift Made in Heaven or Hell's Curse?
The format for this World Championships has changed from that of the former one hosted in Ethane. There are more participants in this edition, which has allowed for the expansion of this tournament, furthering the reach that Gaelic Football has in the world. This expansion has also led to a newer, simpler format, as the extra 2 teams has meant that the teams can be divided up into 4 groups of 4 teams, rather than 2 groups of 7.

You would think that this would lengthen the post-group stages and shorten the group stages, but this has not happened, as the group stages have been expanded, so that the teams play each other twice in the group stages, which means 6 games, different from the last one, where there were 6 games for each team, because there were 7 teams in a group, but a shorter post-group stage. This change in format has made the groups more exciting, that is for sure, as it means that no qualification places have been decided yet, as the groups are only half-way through, so any team can come back and win it. This is especially true in the group that Ethane are resident in.

However, the question has to be asked, does this change in the format of the Gaelic Football World Championships benefit Ethane, or hinder?

Based on the position that Ethane is in now, it would have been much better for Ethane if the old format remained. If the old format of 1 game between the 2 teams remained, then Ethane would have been progressing out of the group stages, for the first time in Gaelic Football, better than when the game was hosted in Ethane.

However, with the new format, there is a higher chance of some of the other 'big-ticket' teams being knocked out in the group stages, as the longer nature of the group stages mean that the bigger teams are more liable to upsets and losses, and therefore the results could change. The longer groups also provide the Ethanian team a chance to show what they are worth before going into the next stages, as they have to try and prove themselves, beating the other strong teams in the group to advance.

In conclusion, the newer formats, while making sure that all the teams that advance deserve their progression, is a hinderance from Hell for Ethane, as it does mean that there is more of a chance that the team will be knocked out of this tournament, which would be especially upsetting considering that if the old format remained, then Ethane would be progressing right now.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:03 pm

KORMAN NEWS!

Hello, this is the Korman National Guard here to commemorate Kormas being beaten by Oisinistan! Good game for all. Our main of the match is definitely Sas. He played well in his duty position tomorrow.

Our next game is against Swestan I think, we can beat them. Good night!
Last edited by The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:21 pm

We've entered the second half. Some would call that the danger zone!

Group A
The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 0-12 (12) def. by Frenline Delpha 0-15 (15)
Swestan 1-6 (9) def. by Oisinistan 1-19 (22)

1 Oisinistan 4 4 0 0 87 50 +37 8
2 Frenline Delpha 4 3 0 1 84 62 +22 6
3 The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space 4 1 0 3 70 56 +14 2
4 Swestan 4 0 0 4 33 106 −73 0

Group B
Alphatheta 2-11 (17) def. by Caermine 2-22 (28)
United Vietussia 2-23 (29) def. Finone 0-5 (5)

1 United Vietussia 4 4 0 0 98 45 +53 8
2 Caermine 4 3 0 1 90 52 +38 6
3 Alphatheta 4 1 0 3 73 84 −11 2
4 Finone 4 0 0 4 21 101 −80 0

Group C
Yosmar 0-10 (10) drew with Ethane 1-7 (10)
Britonisea 0-12 (12) def. by Hamitltonia 1-14 (17)

1 Hamitltonia 4 3 0 1 64 60 +4 6
2 Ethane 4 2 1 1 56 48 +8 5
3 Yosmar 4 2 1 1 61 49 +12 5
4 Britonisea 4 0 0 4 49 73 −24 0

Group D
Youhavenorightsistan 1-19 (22) def. Soviet Catalonia 0-6 (6)
Silvacometopia 1-14 (17) def. Kaboomlandia 0-16 (16)

1 Youhavenorightsistan 4 4 0 0 86 41 +45 8
2 Silvacometopia 4 3 0 1 67 68 −1 6
3 Kaboomlandia 4 1 0 3 56 55 +1 2
4 Soviet Catalonia 4 0 0 4 41 86 −45 0
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evil Chicken Kormas From Outer Space » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:38 am

Korman News!!

This last game (0-12 vs 0-15 against Frenline Delpha) has lest us with no real possibilities of qualifying from this group. It would take a miracle for the Kormas to go any further. But let's face it; in a group with the 2nd ranked in the world and the hosts, we really had absolutely NO chance.

Our next game is Swestan I think? We'll win that, but unless Frenline Delpha lose the next two games and we win ours, even then we won't be able to qualify.

Thanks for watching and good night!

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:55 am

GAA TV
12text

J.S: Hello guys, this is GAA TV and I'm James Sheridan, and the man in the armchair beside me is Andrew Comiskey.
A.C: Afternoon. Now, let's look at the scores. Oisinistan 1-19 to Swestan 1-6.
J.S: That was a good game for us. This means we are one of only 4 teams to have an all win record in this tournament, along with previous winners United Vietussia and newcomers Youhavenorightsistan.
A.C: In our day, United Vietussia were a force to be reckoned with. They could demolish a team in their peak. Oisinistan need to be careful not to slip up and get them in the quarter finals. If I do remember correctly, the only other teams left from last year's competition are semi-finalists Kaboomlandia, current hosts Frenline Delpha, Silvacometopia and Ethane. At the moment, ourselves and United Vietussia are at the top of our tables, with Frenline Delpha, Ethane and Silvacometopia in second. Kaboomlandia however are performing poorly compared to last year, and they're in third in the group.
J.S: We've got 2 games to go, and mathematically we've qualified for the next round. So our next game is either Frenline or the Kormas. Either way, we have a great chance. Can we stay unbeaten? Will Group C close up? Can Youhavenorightstistan continue their fairytale run? Find out soon on GAA TV. That's all from us, goodbye

Youhavenorightsistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Youhavenorightsistan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:28 am

Youhavenorighstistan Tear Apart Soviets To Widen Gap

By News Reporter YNR948763

Hello, this is Nine Four Eight Seven Six Three and welcome to Youhavenorighstistan Government Channel. We're playing very well, aren't we? We're one of only three teams who are unbeaten so far, the other two being last year's finalists, loyal friend of ours Oisinistan and United Vietussia. Our excellent run of form has scored us much excellent praise.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:03 am

Creeping Cassowies.
SCTV

Hello, this is Giles McLauchlan and welcome to SCTV Sports, where all the latest Silvacometopian sports news is delivered directly to you. Silvacometopia has been playing well lately, and has only been defeated once by one of three teams to be undefeated, Youhavenorightsistan (what a mouthful)! We hope to break that streak, as the Cassowaries face off against our fierce rivals. In other news, there has been speculation about bombers in Frenline Delpha. No further details were given, but that thought alone scares me.
Giles, Out!
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Hamitltonia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamitltonia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:25 am

After a nice win against Britonesia, Hamitltonia is pulling out on top in group C. First in group C in points scored and in rankings. We asked the coach his thought, " We played well, and we are looking right now for playoff chances. We have a good team that can work together. I expect us to make the playoffs." He said.

Let's see how this works out for the Foodstuffs. In other news United Vietussia is doing good and Youhave norightsistan should be doing fine. But look to see Vietussia just running over everyone to the finals. It would be a miracle for Vietussia to lose.

Caermine
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Caermine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:21 am

CAEEMINE IN QUARTERFINALS!?

Our country defeated Alphatheta 28 - 17 and with this win, it seems very unlikely that Caermine will miss the play-off stage. We can be very proud at our team who has played every game as paid professionals!

Caermine's LCF, Svens Roze:
''This was one of our best games, Alphatheta didn't play bad at all. Ofcourse they were a bit too agressive in the early half of our game, but it was a high quality game overall. With this win we only have to take one point against either Finone or Vietrussia to get us into the playoff! Even if we will lose every game now, it'll still be likely that you'll see us play in the quarterfinals. Alphatheta still has to face Vietrussia and has to win that game to make anything happen.''

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:41 am

VIETUSSIA ONE STEP AWAY FROM GROUP CLINCH

Frenline Delpha- United Vietussia knocked Finone out of playoff contention today, crushing the team 29-5, picking up 2 goals in the process. If Vietussia wins tonight OR Caremine loses AS LONG as both don't lose, United Vietussia will clinch Group B and move into the playoffs. With half the season gone by, let's examine each group in depth.

Group A

Group A is in the same situation as Group B. Oisinistan in first, Frenline Delpha second. Not much else to it.

Group B

Same as Group A. Vietussia in first, Caermine in second. NEXT!

Group C

Finally, a group to examine. Newcomers Hamitltonia seem to have most of the control of the group after Yosmar and Ethane tied. The group has been highly contested, with the highest point differential being +12, and the lowest -24. All of the games have been exciting, and it will be interesting to see how the final two games play out between Yosmar, Ethane, and Hamitltonia.

Group D

Another Group A and B, only newcomers Youhavenorightistan have proven to be the shockers of the tournament. As newcomers, they have gone 4-0, and could possibly clinch the group title tonight. Silvacometopia in second.

There you have it. All you need to know for the final two games of the group stage. It should be very exciting to watch.

Most Interesting Group: C
Least Interesting Group: A
Most Contested Group: C
Least Contested Group: B
Most Surprising Group: D
Least Surprising Group: A

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports