NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey XXIX Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:51 pm

From the Desk of Lord Almighty Gregory

To: Abelino Greece

Dear Mr. Greece,

I am writing to offer my support in Fatulu's upcoming war on the despotic nation known as the Free Republics. We have evidence that Dumpy O'Rumpy, as we choose to call Consul O'Reilly, is engaged in alliance with the Church of Saintland, and we have attached audio recordings that our spies have taken of Mr. O'Rumpy confessing to this most devious plan to people he thought were True Believers. Rest assured, our spies despise the Church of Saintland, and do not believe in its devilish despoticy. They want it wiped out just as much as we do. Unfortunately, Mr. O'Rumpy killed them off when he found out who they really were, as well as killing off the remainder of our intelligence agents.

But we do have a lot to offer you. Our soldiers are trained in human blitzkrieg, where we parachute into the enemy nation, heavily armed, shoot any enemy that moves, civilian or soldier, and set enemy buildings ablaze. The goal is the total and utter destruction of the enemy. Our military would be willing to engage in such conduct against the Free Republics, as well as train your military to do so themselves. We feel this will be of great aid in aiding your secession.

However, we do ask for something in return. Your goal of secession is noble, and we will do everything in our power to support it. However, that is not sufficient. We must also overthrow the wicked Consul occupying Republica, the wicked heathen O'Rumpy, and execute him via the Brownie Cutter of Death if possible. We must not doom the rest of the Free Republics to Mr. O'Rumpy's Consulship. After Mr. O'Rumpy is removed from power, we will recognize you as an independent nation should you still desire independence. However, we also wouldn't terribly mind if you were installed as the new Consul of the Free Republics, or some of your connections. At the very least, the Consul must not be backed by the Church of Saintland or any other heathen, despotic, misogynistic institution.

Should you desire it, and should you need it, there is always the true nuclear option - a full-scale nuclear attack on the Republican mainland, sparing only Fatululu. Should you ever desire our help in this situation, we will be happy to provide it and wipe the Republican mainland off the map as we did to Hicana. However, we do not desire this option except as a last resort, as the Republicans possess nuclear weapons of their own and we do not desire a nuclear war. We will try to disable all those weapons with a strong first strike, but cannot make any promises. Should the Republican mainland be wiped off the map, Fatululu would then be the sole claimant to Republican government, and would effectively be independent as there would be nobody else left. Please let me know if you would desire this. Once you achieve independence, we would also be willing to transfer some of our nuclear weapons to you to enable you to defend yourselves against future Republican aggression. We currently have in excess of 50,000 weapons, so we would be willing to transfer a thousand to you to aid in the fight against a mutual enemy.

Together, we can destroy Dumpy O'Rumpy, we can destroy the Church of Saintland, and we can once again help the Republicans. Should you still desire independence after that, in case a future tyrant or despot backed by the Church of Saintland comes along, we will be glad to recognize you. However, should you desire to rule the Free Republics yourself in your anti-Saintland vision, we will be glad to assist in that as well.

Additionally, although we are unwilling to publicly assist King Petrus of Saintland in bringing the anti-Patriarch and Maria Polus to justice for their sins, we do desire the same thing - the utter destruction of the Christian State. Likewise, I suspect King Petrus does not want to publicly seen working with us, due to how it would reflect on his country. Therefore, if you would be willing to act as an intermediary for the two of us, facilitating mutual communication and assistance in the destruction of the Christian State, Maria Polus, and the Anti-Patriarch, we would be willing to assist. I stress that our association with King Petrus must not be made public, and I suspect he will request the same. If you wish to do so, please reach out to Petrus with our offer, and inform me of his response at the earliest possible time.

Thank you, and good luck with destroying O'Rumpy.

Sincerely,

Lord Almighty Gregory
Leader of Gregoryisgodistan
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Logout
Switch
Jennifer Government: NationStates

Board index ‹ Diplomacy ‹ NS Sports
Change font size
User Control Panel • View your posts MembersSearchLogout [ The Sword Bloke ]
World Cup of Hockey 28 (Everything Thread)
Preview:
OOC: Apart from goalies, who are mentioned, my players are generally all-rounders, so place 'em wherever you want if you RP first.

THE SWORD BLOKE ICE HOCKEY TEAM
Modifier- -5
Nickname- The Head Gnashers
Trigramme: TSB

Goalies
#1 Angus Foley, 30, That Team HC
#39 Christopher Police, 20, That Team HC

Others
#9 Bell Saklin, 25, That Team HC
#4 George Washington II, 33, Amaes Bloodefus HC
#44, Tim Stokes, 20, That Team HC
#99 James Rodman, 20, That Team HC
#7 Nick Jells, 32, That Team HC
#11 Ryan Hadfield, 26, Amaya Angelou HC
#8 Nick Deswick, 23, That Team HC
#10 Jack Asmailov, 26, That Team HC
#46 Marcus Fello, 29, Amaya Angelou HC
#12 Shop Owner, Immortal Youth, That Team HC (c)
#18 Jai Fowler, 30, Jaguar HC
#32 Matthew 'Merri' Camden, 29, Busko City HC
#15 Michael Mento, 26, Busko City HC
#21 Filip Argus, 24, Busko City HC

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: TG me
RP Injuries to My Players: TG me
Godmod Injuries to My Players: TG me
RP Penalties for My Players: TG me
RP Ejections for My Players: TG me
Godmod Other Events: Generally No, but if you have some interesting ideas, TG me.

This Swordean team features James Rodman, Christopher Police and Tim Stokes, 3 graduates of the 'Owner's system' which won the 10th World Junior Cup of Hockey. Note that the Swordean side are tall (An average height of 6'4", with Police being 7'2"), so you can RP that if you want.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:31 pm

www.Nationalsportsnetwork.ont
The Mystery Finn
Just who is this Finnish-Ontorisan Prakos Panjaarvi exactly?

Ontorisa - If you had asked both the Team Ontorisa General Manager Paulus Zadiskor and Head Coach Lergeam Cataross who Prakos Panjaarvi was a few weeks ago, neither of them would have be able to answer your question exactly. The 21-year old, an undrafted free agent in the OJL who is playing in the Finnish Liiga with Karpat, was selected to play on Team Ontorisa's roster over Jaskirn Ealik the team announced on Saturday.

"Honestly, Ealik wasn't cutting it for us. No goals, three assists and a minus eight? Ridiculous." Zadiskor spoke after the announcement on the official roster. "He was more of a liability than an asset. Same with Wedermaak as I found him to be losing face-off after face-off and not being able to put any numbers up for us either. I replaced him with Brutakei, who had a really good past two years in the OJL. Panjaarvi is a really good kid, and I hope to see him in the OJL in the future hopefully. With the numbers he's been putting up on Karpat's second line, I figured I might as well offer him a chance since his parents were Ontorisan."

"I'm disappointed I wasn't able to represent Finland at the Olympics, but I'm really excited to represent Ontorisa instead." Panjaarvi told reporters in an interview. "This is a really good opportunity for me to grow as both a player and a person in general, and maybe play in the OJL if I can do well in the World Cup."

Panjaarvi is coming off of a 62 point season (29 goals, 33 assists) with Karpat in 54 games played. He missed 6 games from a sprained wrist, but came back early to help Karpat in a 3-1 win over TPS Turku. Although he is not expected to be able to play in North America, a few OJL teams are turning their eyes on the 21 year old youngster after this remarkable season.

"Yeah, that wrist injury was pretty bad." Panjaarvi had explained his injury during his interview. "I can't remember exactly how it happened but I'm assuming I took a bad hit or maybe landed on it in a bad way. But I remember that I took a wrist shot and it hurt a lot so I stopped and just passed it off and avoided shooting for the rest of the game."

According to http://www.hockeyprospectwatch.ont, Panjaarvi was projected to go in the second round back in the 2012 OJL Entry Draft but then went undrafted the entire time, oddly. Many teams cited the fact that he had the potential to go inconsistent despite having an excellent two seasons with Ile-de-Gautier Voltiguers as well as a marvellous third season as an over-aged player that the Voltiguers kept. Panjaarvi also plays a very disciplined game, with his only substantial season with 30+ penalty minutes as in the 2012-2013 season with the Voltiguers, during his 95 point season with the minor league team.

Panjaarvi, Prakos (Karpat Oulu)
Season Team GP G A P +/- PIM
09-10 Ressun Lukio 30 19 21 40 13 6
10-11 Ile-de-Gautier Voltiguers 76 26 32 58 7 22
11-12 Ile-de-Gautier Voltiguers 70 45 39 84 29 16
12-13 Ile-de-Gautier Voltiguers 76 51 44 95 36 30
13-14 Karpat Oulu 60 22 27 49 18 12
14-15 Karpat Oulu 54 29 33 62 31 18
15-16 Karpat Oulu 13 9 11 20 12 4
Information from http://www.hockeyprospectwatch.ont

Despite being undrafted and completely given up by the OJL, Panjaarvi returned home to Finland to play in the SM-liiga with Karpat Oulu. Perfoming well, it can only be questioned why no one has picked up on him yet. Regardless, the expectations aren't too high on the rookie as Cataross explained.

"It's his first time on the international stage. Sure I would love to have a few goals out of him, but I mostly have him on here as a trial run. If I don't like his style, or his performance or what he does on the ice, I'll swap him out." Cataross explained. "No pressure on him, but these spots on the roster are heavily competed for and if he can't perform to what we're expecting of him, then we'll switch him. I'm hoping that he'll pop at least five points in the tournament."

Panjaarvi and the rest of Team Ontorisa will hit the ice on Monday, January 11th against Ethane.

Zenic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zenic » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:44 pm

For the 29th time, 48 teams will converge in one nation to battle each other on the ice for the right to be declared world champions. This year looks to be a toss-up as many of the top teams have arrived and have a legitimate opportunity to win it all. One of those teams are our Frozen Survivors.

It's been two years since the Zenic national team was robbed of a championship on a controversial call in Game 5 of the WCoH finals in Valanora. A hooking call was called on Gulshan Ellsworth that made it a 5 on 4 power play for the Vanorians who scored with a minute left in the game. Try as they might but the squad failed to equalize and Valanora walked away as champions, controversially. Now that the World Cup of Hockey is being held in the Royal Kingdom of Quebec, a nation known to be as fair as they can be, Zenic is poised to be the ones to walk away with the championship this time around.

Not much has changed so far when it comes to the roster but then again, this squad did make it to within a minute or so of winning the world championship. And they have been served a great group to use as a warm up for the knockout stages. Zenic is the highest seed in Group G, followed by The Sword Bloke, Norrehavn, Damukuni, Ficiscia and Uzekia. Honestly, nothing less than winning the group would be acceptable in this case and this squad must get a fast start by defeating unranked Uzekia on the first match-day as the following match-day is against the 11th ranked team in the world, The Sword Bloke. The winner of that match-up will most likely go on to win the group if both are unbeaten by that point.

In short, the pressure is on early for the 6th ranked team in the world and they need to get used to it. This may be the last chance for many of these players to win a world championship on even terms with their opponents. We'll see on match-day one if this team is ready to be champions or if last season was a fluke.

-- Pauline Ferzi

Pauline Ferzi is a homegrown talent, having lived most of her life in San Valerie. She attended New Citium University and majored in sports journalism. She joined The Leinz Herald soon after graduation and returned to San Valerie after the Zenic national hockey team’s headquarters and stadium were constructed. She is now the lead reporter on any and all news hockey related and looks to have a promising career.
Member of Rushmore
List of Factbooks
Zenic Ministry of Sports Archive
Association Football
KPB Ranking: 4.86 (129th, Post-WC95)
Rushmore Ranking: 5.13 (38th, Post-CR44)
IFCF Coefficient: 0.00 (UR)
Ice Hockey
WCoH Ranking: 13.80 (11th, Post-WCoH 50)
Champions:
45th Copa Rushmori (Futbol)
55th Baptism of Fire (Futbol)
7th U15 World Cup (Futbol)
6th Runner Cup (Futbol)
Runners-up
WCoH 28 (Ice Hockey)
Third Place:
Copa Rushmori XIX (Futbol)
4th Runner Cup(Futbol)

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Nova Anglicana Lions Senior Hockey Team

Martin Granger, Staff Reporter

The Lions have entered into qualification for the 29th edition of the World Cup of Hockey, their eighth time entering this major international competition. The first time they entered, they finished with a record of 3-3-6 (W-D-L), for 9 points and fifth of seven teams in their group. They played a much more determined and skilled first half of qualifying, but faded down the stretch due to fatigue and what seemed like a general inattentiveness (OOC: I was unable to RP my final 3 matches due to RL issues and lost them all by an aggregate of 11-1). The second time they entered, they finished with a record of 4-1-4 (W-D-L), for 13 points and fourth of ten teams in their group, missing the playoffs. They started off quite poorly, with a record of 0-1-3 through the first four games, and had people calling for Head Coach Cecil Palmer's job. They then got on a roll, winning four in a row, and putting themselves in a win-and-you're-in scenario on MD9 against Hicana. The magic ran out, as they were shut out 2-0, but Palmer retained his job. That may be due in part to their performance at the inaugural Royal Alexandre Hockey Invitational, where they were drawn into a tough group, but still managed to reach the quarterfinals, including impressive wins over Valanora and Sicoutimont, before being shut out by Ko-oren. In WCoH 24, the Lions went 7-0-3, including a victory over then-#7 Torisakia. Unfortunately, they fell in two games (losing Game 2 in shootout fashion) to Falcus in the Round of 24. They then made a run to the semifinals of the 2nd Royal Alexandre Hockey Invitational, where they lost 1-0 to Borschland. They closed it out by losing to Hicaña in the 3rd place game in overtime. In WCoH 25, the Lions were drawn in a group that included perennial favorites Havl and solid competitors The Fair Republic. With a last matchday win and a little help, the Lions finished 5-0-2 and advanced to the playoff round of 16, where they were seeded 15th. They lost in two games to the second-seeded Hicaña Flyers. In WCoH 26, the Lions managed to fight their way to a 5-0-1 group stage performance (including a 7-2 loss to the Royal Kingdom of Quebec), and earned the #13 seed in the playoffs. There, they faced off against Valanora and lost in two straight games, 5-3 and 2-0. In WCoH 27, the Lions squeaked through to the playoffs with a 3-2-1 group stage. They won their first ever playoff game, 3-2 over the Royal Kingdom of Quebec, but lost the series 2-1, all games decided by one goal. In WCoH 28, the Lions finished 4-0-1 in a tough group to make the playoffs. A hard-fought Round of 16 matchup against Novaya Zemlya saw the Lions win in three, then come up against nemesis Royal Kingdom of Quebec. They edged the Ice Knights in three tough games, then lost in two to Zenic, then lost in three games in the third place series to Elejamie. Having finally broken through the Round of 16 barrier, the Lions are looking to get back to the semis and really compete for the title.

The team is mostly composed of players from the domestic NAHL, which has a high level of play, but also features a few players currently playing at the AHL level of the United States' NHL. Cecil Palmer prefers a moderate defensive style, one that focuses on discipline and toughness. You won't see many penalties conceded, but you also won't see any short-handed breaks down the ice. This is a team that makes their money on the power play and on their excellent passing.

Head Coach: Cecil Palmer
Style Modifier: -1
Captain: Troy Parker
Assistant Captains: Matt Grier, Dallas Carlson

1st Line
RW Leif Haas, 31 – Haas is a level-headed and deadly shooter who will be needed just as much as anyone on the team
C Dallas Carlson, 32 – the former U20 captain has enormous confidence and the skills to match, firm grip on second line
LW Ricky Knight, 30 – Knight's knack for making just the right pass is upper-echelon

2nd Line
RW André Tailleur, 31 - continued his good career with twenty-six goals in last NAHL season, very quick skater
C Theo Shipley, 26 – His skills already evoke comparison with hockey greats, now he has the responsibility to match,
LW Scotty Gaston, 33 – Gaston’s a spark plug, always aggressive on the forecheck, deadly on the wraparound

3rd Line
RW Ryan Fleming, 26 – Fleming has a more rounded game, will grow into tall body, little awkward right now
C Ryan Roberson, 20 - Roberson graduates from the junior team, will he live up to aggressive expectations?
LW Justin Reed, 25 - Reed's a burly, aggressive player, expect him to mix it up a little, good shooter

4th Line
RW Dan Warner, 25 - Warner's wrister has been called "the best in Nova Anglicana", all-out attacks mentality
C Gavyn Newhall, 33 – Newhall anchors the unusually dangerous 4th line, decent goal-scorer but best at handling the puck
LW Nick Hall, 21 - Hall was ROY runner-up two years ago and has developed into solid player

Pair 1
Marq Brint, 33 – Brint has built on his physicality to become a force, plays all facets of the game well
Sander van der Zeijden, 29 – this young man is possessed of a wonderful set of instincts and a good offensive skill set, is now a solid improving defender

Pair 2
Bruce Baker, 31 – always a leader in blocked shots, Baker’s not afraid to sacrifice the body for the team
Matt Washington, 31 – will block shots just like Baker, but main asset is a cannon of a slap shot and imposing physique

Pair 3
Cyrus Lovett, 26 – family moved to Nova Anglicana from US, team impressed by big body and work ethic, will drop the gloves and fight
Brian Caldwell, 25 - Caldwell is a great two-way player, breakout year has him looking like future star

Pair 4
Bo Knudsen, 25 - Knudsen is an extremely hard worker who will fiercely protect his teammates and clear people out from in front of the goal
Gabe Holt, 21 - Holt is a good two-way player, high pick in QHL draft and gets on the national team, big step for him

Goaltenders
Todd Ingram, 32 – capable of standing on his head at times, but is particular vulnerable in the 5-hole
Aksu Koivula, 27 – young Finn émigré gets his shot at national team

Power Play 1
1st Line + Defensive Pair 1

Power Play 2
2nd Line + Defensive Pair 2

Penalty Kill 1
1st Line + Defensive Pair 1

Penalty Kill 2
4th Line + Defensive Pair 3

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following...
Choose My Scorers: Yes/No
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes/No
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes/No, ordinary things, TG me if you want them to tear an ACL or something and I'll approve or disapprove
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes/No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes/No
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes/No, only if your player starts the fight and also gets ejected
Godmod Other Events: Yes/No
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Esparmuran is a medium sized, sparsely-populated freezing wasteland. Snow and ice cover the country 24/7, so one of the only outdoor recreational activities one can do in such almost-inhospitable weather is ice-hockey.

The Espar National Ice Hockey Team will participate in it's sixth World Cup of Hockey. In the 28th, hosted by Valanora, the newly created Female Espar squad was made to play alongside the male squad. Their biggest achievement was a sweep of Feministvs Sanctvsterra in the first round. While doing very well in their debut, they have been pulled from the newest WCoH because of funding issues. With seasoned veterans, returning folks and fresh faces, the male squad will take to the ice alone in The Royal Kingdom of Quebec for the 29th World Cup of Hockey.

Population: 1231
Demonym: Espar
Trigram: ESP
Owner: Espar Recreational Community
WCoH Record: 26-4-10
General Manager: Savannah Spurling
Head Coach: Jimi Stack
Esparmuran has no nickname for it's team. They're boring like that.
Also, because of Esparmuran's tiny population, expect only 10 or so Espar fans in the stands. That said, don't kill any of them (you know who you are).

(LW-C-RW)
FORWARDS:
#16 Orrell Beake C, #3 Bailey Royston A, #25 Darian Sidney
#48 Ole Henriksen, #24 Gregers Østergaard, #26 Kim Jardine
#3 Kay Falk, #17 Paul Lauritsen, #40 Troels Carlsen
#15 Eluf Lykke, #81 Dan Rasmussen, #13 Lennox School
Injury Reserves:
#93 Scotty Gully, #23 Trev Fairchild, #4 Kjeld Riber

(LD-RD)
DEFENCE:
#44 Blaine Blackwood, #50 Peder Oakley A
#45 Haven Clausen, #77 Devereux Bone
#36 Andreas Klausen, #23 Kingsley Constable
Injury Reserve:
#56 Gyles Tash, #41 Torben Jokumsen

GOALTENDERS:
#96 Wolf Paige - Starting
#46 Aydan Herbert - Back-Up
#34 Knud Amundsen - Injured Reserve

Scotty Gully, Kingsley Constable and Trev Fairchild will return from the WCoH 24th, 26th and 27th rosters, respectively.

Kay Falk, Troels Carlsen, Eluf Lykke, Kjeld Riber, Gyles Tash and Thorben Jokumsen will make their WCoH debutes. Falk and Jokumsen were previously on the Espar Junior Team.

Orrell Beake, Bailey Royston, Darian Sidney, Ole Henriksen, Gregers Østergaard, Kim Jardine, Paul Lauritsen, Dan Rasmussen, Lennox School, Blaine Blackwood, Peder Oakley, Haven Clausen, Devereux Bone, Andreas Klausen, Wolf Paige, Aydan Herbert, Knud Amundsen will return from the previous WCoH.

Rickey White, the starting goalie for the first three WCoH's Esparmuran has participated in, has been banned for four WCoH tournaments. He will be eligible to play in the 30st WCoH.
Head Coach Jimi Stack will return for the fourth time.

Esparmuran will play a fast-paced, high-scoring game. The team trainers have given instructions for always putting offence first. Because of this, expect all five players on the ice to contribute offensively and shoot from every angle, filling up the SOG. Orrell Beake, Bailey Royston and Blaine Blackwood are the main players on the team to look out for. Beake is one of the best players in the WCoH, with 101 points (68G) in 45 WCoH games. Bailey Royston is a great playmaker and will be able to fight off opponents with his world-class puck-handling. Blackwood is an agile and quick player who will be able to contribute both offensively and defensively.

(these will be used against opponents who also use predominantly red jerseys)

Choose My Scorers: Yes, but take note Orrell Beake, Bailey Royston and Blaine Blackwood are the only players considered NHL calibre and they will be scoring the majority of goals. The others are essentially enforcers and canon-fodder.
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes, maximum of three injuries toward the Espar team. Beake, Royston and Blackwood can't be injured (I mean, they can, but not here. You know what I mean.)
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Keep the severity of an injury to a broken limb at most. No killing.
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Go nuts.
Style modifier: +5
Last edited by Esparmuran on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:58 am

"Good evening to our loyal viewers out in Neu Engollon and our International crowd. You're watching the NETV Sports 7 Update and I'm your host, Magda Wertauer with my co-host, Karl Demais.”

“Hello, Neu Engollon! Good to be here, live in the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. So, we find the Ibex in yet another World Cup of Hockey, this one being the 29th Edition. Momentous times, as the Ibex are looking to build on their last Cup appearance and advance even farther this time.”

“Karl, it will definitely be a challenge, but I think that Coach Liu and Siegler should be up to the task. We saw them lead the squad through some difficult games last year, with Gregoryisgodistanis and the Vanorans, where it was almost certain that one of the players would be out of the sport for good with the injuries they were suffering…”

“Magda, I think we can all be happy to report that everyone is back to full health and has had a good year to recover, playing exhibitions and tests throughout Astyria, with many of the crew returning to their NEHL teams. Speaking of the Coaching staff, before this time last year, and the start of the 28th Cup, it was solid knowledge that their jobs were on the line if the Ibex didn’t produce some playoff wins…”

“If they couldn’t make it past the qualifying groups, I believe, Karl. Serious stuff. I remember back a few seasons ago when it was a very controversial decision to replace the retiring Coach Le Houne with an all foreign top coaching staff, but in the end, it did pay off...to some degree.”

“We haven’t gotten that Cup yet, but we’ve definitely seen the Ibex get back to fighting shape and be a contender in the big Twenty. Last Cup, as many will remember, we saw them knock the Gregoryisgodistanis out of contention in that heated, hard fought series, which shocked a lot of International hockey fans and the press. For those of us who were following the upward progress of the Ibex though, it wasn't all that surprising. It almost harkens back to the old days, when the upstart Ibex first arrived onto the International scene and disrupted the old guard with their radically different style of play.”

“Those were the days, Karl. Then they took quite a dive, unable to even break from their qualifying groups for a couple Cups. It was certain that something needed to change.”

“That it did. When the Ministry pulled in Avatarian Coach Liu Qiang An and Geoffrey Siegler, the famous top player from Aquitayne, things were still very on the fence as to whether the National hockey program would even continue, at least outside of the region. They were given a one year contract and chance to turn the Ibex around, and they did it, with some struggle in the first couple seasons they took the helm.”

“It has been most of the same starting crew throughout for the last few seasons, but for some retirements and a few new players coming up through the ranks and tryouts. So, credit does go to them, but it also is fair to say that the Coaching staff had a big part in their turnaround.”

“Let’s hope they can repeat last year, Magda. Next we review the competition in the group.”

“It is fierce, Karl. They did not get an easy draw into a pushover group this time around. Just with the hosts of the Cup, Quebec, being the top leader in the group, not to mention Vilitia & Turori, Narsora and returning from a long absence, Vaugania. I think the Ibex have their work cut out for them.”

“I would have no disagreements there. We’ll take a closer look after the break at the teams and players in Group A that the Ibex have to look out for, including the upcoming match against fellow powerhouse Narsora. Stay tuned after this brief sponsor break, folks…”
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Windspear Arena

Capacity: 18,532

Notes
Hockey is most popular spectator sport in Arkiasis, and in Vesperia where winters are dark, cold and long, the sports reigns supreme as the unofficial religion and pastime. The sport is more popular among the Vesperian speaking population than the English speaking population, but in recent years thanks to several major stars emerging the sport has grown in the southern part of the nation and now competes with football as the most popular sport in the anglo south. The Arkiasis Elite League is the top professional hockey league in the nation. The League has 24 teams which are divided into 2 conferences of 12 teams each. In 2015 the Noryln Rangers beat HC Ålstad 4 games to 3 to win the Republic Cup. Arkiasis is commonly nicknamed "The Wolves" in international sport events due to the Wolf which commonly appears on uniforms.

The Arkiasis national team is known for their offensive power with players constantly ranking in the top of their respective leagues in points. However the team's defence is weaker than average and is susceptible to collapse if bombarded by constant offensive pressure. Arkiasis' goaltending is above average with goaltenders not giving up too many rebounds and remaining calm. Physically, the Arkiasian team is poor with players being smaller and lighter than average and instead focusing on speed, agility and handiness.

Schedule
TBD

Record

RankGames PlayedWinsLossesTiesPointsGoals ForGoals AgainstGoal Difference
N/A00000000

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following...
Choose My Scorers: Yes
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes, but don't go overboard, maximum of one injury per game.
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Keep it realistic, no killing.
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes, but my team rarely fights, they only fight to defend a teammate. And don't go too overboard, Arkiasis plays a clean game.
RP Ejections for My Players: No
Godmod Other Events: No
Style Modifier: +4
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Hockey Chronicles I : Contrasts and similarities about Red Blackiland and the other countries and teams in the group

The Red Blackiland recent created team of hockey has reached in Royal Kingdom of Quebec.These players never entered in RKQ landscape before like never other Red Blackilandian Sports delegation and we only faced the hosts in one sports that was handball in the 14th edition of the Handball World Cup in the eight-finals.First thing that they noticed is the mix of races in Quebecois territory instead of the social scenario at Red Blackiland and also the mix of religions,because they have seen different customs in a small area of Quebec City by the fact that the players reached in the country by Quebec City Catherine III International Airport,much peoples wearing burqas and small buddhism centers and catholic churches,also instead of Red Blackiland,that have a country full of atheists and skepticals,and a very small minority that have sympathy to Norse mythology and your gods like Odin and Frey,a very unique scenario of religion and isn't mixed like in Quebec.But in transport,the two countries have very similar systems.
The players visited the Musee Hermitage,a famous Quebecois museum in which they could see artefacts,images that can remember other famous monarchs in RKQ like Catherine III,Sylvain IV and Laurent III.And of course,the most sector that the players enjoyed was the military one,linked by the strong bond of the warrior,military spyrit of our nation,and also,the believe in the Armed Forces (Abwehrmacht).
A group of Ice Knights members (the Quebecois Hockey Ultras and also of other sports) saw a heavy group of Infamous Ultras (the Red Blackiland Ultras) face to face,but by the fact that the two countries don't have anything against each other and these two ultras never faced the other before,any fight or something was registered on Quebecois streets,the group went to the hotel that the team are hosted and supported them,chanting and pass some messages before the first game against Semarland,the crazyness of the fans certainly suprised the Quebecois citizens that passed around in the area in this moment.With many national RB symbols,mainly the flag,the non Red Blackiland peoples thought that them are sinister and said that the Quebecois flag gives a much happier,living colours,tranquility/passivity atmosphere.

The head of our group is the experienced team and first ranked Gregoryisgodistan,that is a kingdom but way differently than the 'Kingdom Reich' version of Red Blackiland,with extremely control for the people can believe in the Lord Almighty Gregory,country's leader as a god instead of Red Blackiland,that the gods are only in the Norse mythology part of the people,and the believe in the Reichsfuhrer/the King is generated naturally by the citizens on the confidence that the leader have in its people,and the intelligence,bravure,hard work that he puts on effort for can make the country strong and powerful,indeed,a trade of knowledge and values that they can share with each other.By the fact,the Gregoryisgodistani citizens don't know nothing about Red Blackiland,by your isolationism.The geography,is also very different to our landscape,many places on Gregoryisgodistan are inhabited instead of Red Blackiland that the only inhabited areas are the ones in the control of Abwehrmacht and the natural reserves and industrial areas,like many sections on Port Tudor.It's a country way different compared to Red Blackiland but have something similar with us : the Death penalty.
The second team on the group list is Kazirstan,way different to the first country cited above,have a very different way of leadership compared to us in a first view,but to be honest,we don't have much to talk about them,sounds like a good country to live with less nationalism,patriotism than us.Also,searching about Kazirstan we liked the rich history that they have,since the Empire times (also its enjoyable the beauty of Kazirstan native womens).
The third team that is in the list,its Abanhfleft,to be honest,the communist symbol on the flag is very vexed by Red Blackiland citizens and don't translate the preferred ideology of the nation as we can say it,the curious fact about them,that they have crazy ultras (probably not more than Infamous) as Red Blackiland,if we aren't making a mistake its called 'Fleftic Ultras' that made your appearences on World Cup Qualifiers with red flares in a atmosphere that a very few NT crowds make,remiding of Red Blackiland ones and why not,the old Mytannion ones.They share a non-religion state and presence like us.
The other team that we will talk about now,its Semarland,its a peaceful nation that certainly have many less nationalism and patriotism than us,but they share with us the nordic accent,and this certainly,connect a bit more Semarland and Red Blackiland,and also,the militarism in the country is nearer non-existent unlike Red Blackiland and the Armed Forces is very smaller compared to ours,but the country gives a refresh and relax atmosphere for all persons that visit it,is strong in Tourism like us,and they don't have ultras,we faced them before in the World Cup Qualifiers and visited the capital Jansberg,of course,the Infamous chanted more compared to Semar local fans and commanded the stands even being in the away section,the game was a tight match that resulted in a glorious and funny 3–3 and a fact that we could saw at the match is that the Red Blackilandians with your national symbols gave a strange atmosphere to Semar fans in the stadium.
With all this compilation and Red Blackilandian description about the countries,in the hockey we don't have much to say,its a very young team,inexperienced at international competitions that was made some amateur/professional trainings until the time for decide to enter in a international competition had reached,and here we are in the World Cup of Hockey held by the traditional team of Royal Kingdom of Quebec and having strong teams in the group that certainly will difficulty the matches for Red Blackiland even more.In this debut,the fans expect,at least,a third place in the group,but the phrase ''The talent is in the mind,the body is only manifestation'' is very adopted by us and can be the motto for the players at the hockey team,winning the obstacles and overcoming against very stronger teams.We don' have much technical quality,must say,but be sure that they have a very strong tactical system,organization and the most important : mental strenght and willpower to do it.Good luck to us and hope we can suprise the hockey fans at this World Cup! Es lebe der Rotschawrzland bravure!
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:39 pm

NEPHARA NATIONAL ICE HOCKEY TEAM
Style Modifier:
Home Stadium: Whitewater, Treason (12,000 capacity)
Home Kit: Emerald green jerseys, black pants, white trim
Away Kit: Terracotta jerseys and pants, green trim
Nickname: The Gulls
Captain: Sigrid Carrick

Ice hockey's honeymoon in Nephara is drifting to a close - a poor showing at the World Cup the last couple of times around, and league attendances are slowly deflating. While it has made its presence known and established itself as Nephara's second-choice sport, it is second-choice by a frankly staggering margin, and has to fight regularly to avoid being shoved into obscurity by association football. A strong World Cup will reclaim some of that momentum, and Kearney feels like he finally has the tools for the job. Given that the sport was only professionalised eight years ago, this might be a touch optimistic, and the bookmakers are not exactly behind this claim. Still - the Gulls have enough in them to beat the teams they should, set a few noses out of joint and go out respectably in the knockout rounds.

Tactics
The Nepharim don't have many technical players in their ranks, but they are an intimidating physical prospect to face, bonded by an indomitable team spirit that transcends club and state rivalries the moment they pull on the green jersey. They play to their advantage, backing themselves in defence and striking hard and decisively on the counterattack, relying on star centre Esther Devante for a creative spark.

STAFF
Manager - Aristide Kearney - Age 49
Assistant Manager - Jane Hawthorn - Age 44
Aristide Kearney, a rough Southerner who lead state league club Riverside to be the dominant team of the capital before being picked up by Sabrefell United and leading them to victory as well, was the obvious choice for the Gulls. He's been commended for showing none of the Southern favouritism that those in the hockey heartland of the Northwest feared, and with that concern out of the way Nephara is left with a fierce, determined man, a born leader, who will stop at nothing to see Nephara triumph. Hawthorn played under him before injury ended her career at 33 - she has a natural genius intellect, a talent for biting sarcasm, and a personal relationship with the game's more violent side.

GOALKEEPERS
G - 1 - Ronan Steiner (HC Treason) - Age 33
G - 7 - Evangelos Tsatsimas (Riverside) - Age 24
G - 13 - Atalanta Gilchrist (Chatswood) - Age 22

DEFENDERS
First Pair

D - 2 - Tanith Starbuck (St. John's Celtic, QUE) - Age 29
D - 3 - Sigrid Carrick (Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QUE, c) - Age 33

Second Pair
D - 8 - Promise Okocha (Chatswood) - Age 25
D - 9 - Sigrid Holden (HC Maximum) - Age 28

Third Pair
D - 14 - Felix Nemeth (HC Maximum) - Age 26
D - 15 - Lothar Chaucer (Sabrefell United) - Age 22

Defensive Enforcer
D - 22 - Tomas Desmond (Northern Vale) - Age 27

FORWARDS
First Line

C - 4 - Esther Devante (Sabrefell United) - Age 26
RW - 5 - Markus Guildenstern (Sabrefell United) - Age 29
LW - 6 - Cath Scannell (Kingston Knights, QUE) - Age 29

Second Line
C - 10 - Levin Conover (Northern Vale) - Age 23
RW - 11 - Theodora Rutherford (Vermillion Glory) - Age 29
LW - 12 - Athena Tsicaderis (HC Treason) - Age 24

Third Line
C - 16 - Reinhard Matheson (Cranequin Rovers) - Age 31
RW - 17 - Seth Rosencrantz (Laith United) - Age 29
LW - 18 - Franziska Hamann (HC Maximum) - Age 27

Fourth Line
C - 19 - Shale Bryson (Chatswood) - Age 25
RW - 20 - Adrienne Carradine (Riverside) - Age 22
LW - 21 - Tess Swindon (Vermillion Glory) - Age 22

Attacking Enforcer
C - 23 - Rebecca Dean-Wheaton (Macambre River) - Age 29

I Give My Opponent Permission To:
=================================
Choose My Goalscorers: Y
Godmod Goalscoring Events: N
Injure Players: Y
Godmod Injury Events: N
Penalise Players: Y
Eject Players: Y
Godmod Other Events: N
Last edited by Nephara on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Iskandervale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Iskandervale » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:57 pm

ISKANDERVALE NATIONAL ICE HOCKEY TEAM
Style Modifier:
Home Kit: Olive green jerseys, black pants, white trim
Away Kit: Dark red jerseys and pants, green trim
Nickname: The
Captain: Greer Harrell

Iskandervale is a tropical island that thrives off its prolific tourism industry and has a population of three-hundred-and-something thousand. It has an amateur league of six teams. It is about as bad at ice hockey as you would expect.

STAFF
Manager - Leontyne Stainthorpe - Age 52
Assistant Manager - Gudrun Kaiser - Age 60

GOALKEEPERS
G - 1 - Kenaniah Boehler (Escutcheon, NPH) - Age 26
G - 7 - Patrick Kuzniatsova (Umbershore) - Age 32
G - 13 - Elshan Abbas (Iskandabad Wanderers) - Age 23

DEFENDERS
First Pair

D - 2 - Raisa Kilgallon (Falconhead, NPH, vc) - Age 27
D - 3 - Lyudmila Dejagah (Umbershore) - Age 24

Second Pair
D - 8 - Galina Aghayev (Umbershore) - Age 32
D - 9 - Molly Hughes (Tachmur) - Age 30

Third Pair
D - 14 - Arif Gara (HC Iskandabad) - Age 29
D - 15 - Mike Ghoochennajad (Umber Coast) - Age 35

Defensive Enforcer
D - 22 - Olga Ismayi (Lokomotiv Vakhqul) - Age 31

FORWARDS
First Line

C - 4 - Greer Harrell (Southfell, NPH, c) - Age 29
RW - 5 - Rashad Erat (Lokomotiv Vakhqul) - Age 32
LW - 6 - Anja Close (HC Diamondqueen, NPH) - Age 21

Second Line
C - 10 - Davin Huxley (Tachmur) - Age 23
RW - 11 - Anar Wieland (Umbershore) - Age 26
LW - 12 - Kylie Messner (HC Iskandabad) - Age 25

Third Line
C - 16 - Rustam Trueman (Sabrefell Teutons) - Age 19
RW - 17 - Eliza Rufus (HC Iskandabad) - Age 24
LW - 18 - Mehrdad Mahini (Umbershore) - Age 26

Fourth Line
C - 19 - Margarethe Daei (Umbershore) - Age 27
RW - 20 - Simon Teymourian (Tachmur) - Age 29
LW - 21 - Vouria Chenoweth (Iskandabad Wanderers) - Age 24

Attacking Enforcer
C - 23 - Arran Ghafouri (Umber Coast) - Age 32

I Give My Opponent Permission To:
Choose My Goalscorers: Y
Godmod Goalscoring Events: N
Injure Players: Y
Godmod Injury Events: N
Penalise Players: Y
Eject Players: Y
Godmod Other Events: N

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:58 pm

OOC: Sorry for no IC information yet guys. I've been sick for few days and today my conditions got worse. I'll try to get one up later in the day.

MD1 Cutoff

Alright, guys. Let's fly high, up in the sky.

Group A
Narsora 1–6 Neu Engollon
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 6–1 Sandhelm
Vilita and Turori 4–3 Vaugania

Group B
Ortola 0–3 Elejamie
Ontorisa 5–1 Ethane
Polaaskan 2–3 Equestrian States

Group C
Banija 1–2 Nassau-Hessen
Ko-oren 1–1 Arkiasis
Ilyseum 4–5 Nova Anglicana

Group D
Esparmuran 7–3 Nordeana
Kernansquillec 3–5 Nephara
HUElavia 0–1 United States of Devonta

Group E
Valanora 8–0 Natanians and Nosts
Armeia 1–3 Torisakia
Alphatheta 2–3 Kaboomlandia

Group F
Allamunnic States 2–4 Novaya Zemlya
Klaus Devestatorie 2–5 Iskandervale
Unified Sunrise Islands 4–4 Cosumar

Group G
Uzekia 1–7 Zenic
The Sword Bloke 2–1 Norrehavn
Damukuni 3–5 Ficiscia

Group H
Kazirstan 2–4 Abanhfleft
Gregoryisgodistan 2–0 Anthor
Semarland 3–3 Red Blackiland

Tables will be up in MD2.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Allamunnic States » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Federation of Allamunnic States
National Hockey Team - The Ironheads

Roleplay Information

Style Modifier: 0

Roleplay Permissions
- Choose Scorers: Please TG first.
- Injure Players: Nothing beyond game-ending without TGing for approval.
- Fights? Yes.
- Penalize Players: Keep it reasonable, or TG for approval. The Regulars tend to be fairly well-disciplined.
- Godmod Injuries: Same as regular injuries. Please keep it reasonable or make it hilarious.
- Godmod Other Events: Keep previous permissions in mind. Have fun with it.
- Photographs: Please do not use photographs with any players intended to depict players on my team.

General Information

Overview:
After the National Team had its funding cut yet again, it disbanded fully. When a new attempt was made to field a team for the 29th World Cup of Hockey, the team had to be rebuilt more-or-less from scratch. With a clean slate to work from, Allamunnic Sporting Commissioner Hadley Thornburger decided to follow the blueprint that has made the gridiron team, the Regulars, so successful over the last two decades. So, he found a young, hungry coach, and a bunch of young, overlooked players, seasoned with an odd veteran or talented prospect here or there.

Perhaps the most significant recruiting coup was getting the two children of former national team and Kaepenhulm Crimson center Maarkus Stahlburg to join the team. This is a team built to attack and defend competently, although only time will tell if they have a particular proficiency, or even if they're any good.

Home Stadiums
Vulksaron Stadium (Rikardsburg, SM)(Outdoor venue)

Team Captains (Coin-Toss Purposes):
Captain: Daanyl Kaarlsunn (D#30)

Staff

General & Front Office
Commissioner: Hadley Thornburger (Age: 72)

General Manager: Stella Maardyr (Age: 54)

Head Coach: Hylda Roengaard

Roster & Combinations

Code: Select all
Full Roster
#01 - Udun Nyurdsunn - G - Age: 30; H: 6'0"; W: 218lbs
#03 - Kyl Svenhaagun - W - Age: 22; H: 5'11"; W: 217lbs
#05 - Theodurik Grahulm - C - Age: 21; H: 6'4"; W: 235lbs
#06 - Tylur Zymmurmunn - W - Age: 20; H: 5'10; W: 185lbs
#12 - Kaetlyn Wyllur - G - Age: 20; H: 5'6"; W: 152lbs
#17 - Ole Lyndburg - C - Age: 23; H: 6'0"; W: 222lbs
#21 - Gaarutt Waalturs - D - Age: 27; H: 6'1"; W: 231lbs
#22 - Jenna Vogyl - W - Age: 20; H: 5'8"; W: 162lbs
#25 - Ryan Murphy - W - Age: 21; H: 5'10"; W: 208lbs
#27 - Bryndyn Eriksunn - D - Age: 21; H: 6'0"; W: 228lbs
#30 - Daanyl Kaarlsunn - D - Age: 33; H: 6'2"; W: 234lbs - C
#32 - Junna Haargyldlunn - W - Age: 26; H: 5'11"; W: 168lbs
#35 - Rodryk Mueller - D - Age: 24; H: 5'11"; W: 229lbs
#37 - Inna Ulryk - W - Age: 21; H: 5'9"; W: 164lbs
#38 - Derrik Braandur - D - Age: 20; H: 6'1"; W: 227lbs
#41 - Izaak Alstadt - G - Age: 21; H: 6'1"; W: 224lbs
#42 - Junn Wyllsunn - D - Age: 21; H: 6'2"; W: 232lbs
#43 - Korynn Viktursunn - W - Age: 23; H: 6'0"; W: 174lbs
#44 - Erik Burkhardt - C - Age: 25; H: 6'3"; W: 235lbs
#48 - Stevan Maarkussunn - D - Age: 21; H: 6'1"; W: 230lbs
#49 - Fradryk Jaarlburg - W - Age: 20; H: 6'2"; W: 216lbs
#52 - Maark Stahlburg - D - Age: 20; H: 6'3"; W: 233lbs
#53 - Erik Stahlburg - C - Age: 21; H: 6'2"; W: 230lbs

Offensive Lines

First Line - Starters
W#32 - J. Haargyldlunn
C#53 - E. Stahlburg
W#43 - K. Viktursunn

Second Line - Back-Ups
W#22 - J. Vogyl
C#44 - E. Burkhardt
W#25 - R. Murphy

Third Line - Penalty Kill
W#03 - K. Svenhaagun
C#05 - T. Grahulm
W#49 - F. Jaarlburg

Fourth Line - Reserves
W#37 - I. Ulryk
C#17 - O. Lyndburg
W#06 - T. Zymmurmunn

Defensive Pairs

First Pair - Starters
D#30 - D. Kaarlsunn
D#52 - M. Stahlburg

Second Pair - Back-Ups
D#35 - R. Mueller
D#21 - G. Waalturs

Third Pair - Penalty-Kill
D#48 - S. Maarkussunn
D#42 - J. Wyllsunn

Fourth Pair - Reserves
D#27 - B. Eriksunn
D#38 - D. Braandur

Keepers
G#01 - U. Nyurdsunn
G#41 - I. Alstadt
G#12 - K. Wyllur
Last edited by Allamunnic States on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:25 am

Choose my Scorers: Yes
Choose Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes

Style Modifier: 0

We're here! Time to temper your expectations.
An article from a major Imperialian newspaper.

Congratulations! We somehow qualified for the World Cup of Hockey. There's been a team making a regular go of it for the last 16 or 17 cups, but only in the last decade or so have they actually been a remotely serious force. Finally, they qualified. Highly impressive from a team that's never once received a scrap of government funding. Klaus Devestatorie's national Ice Hockey team has never been a traditional strong sport, or even a locally played sport, compared to... well, basically every other sport I can think of. There hasn't been a major domestic league; there hasn't been a grassroots program of any kind I've ever heard of. Local interest has 100% come down to domestic competitions of other nations getting television deals locally. Our national team is entirely made up of players who moved overseas to chase a big contract, and yet who had enough patriotism to answer phone calls from back home and come represent us nationally.

A right old fairy tale if I ever pointed at one, and unfortunately, it's time to tell you that we're probably not going to get any further than here. Klaus Devestatorie is one of two unranked teams in the Val d'Or group, or group F, whichever you prefer. We share that honour with Iskandervale. That name should sound familiar to you, because that's the team that just thumped us, 5 goals to 2. Yes, the nation that's the remote tropical island. Yes, we lost to them. From here on out, we're exclusively navigating our way through teams that are better funded and better prepared than ours.

The next lowest ranked team is that from the Allamunnic States, ranked 72nd overall globally, and while they've had a rough run of things off the ice (repeated losses of funding), they still have a history of participation in the tournament, and coaching staff with experience in how to push a professional team to the limit. It will be more than just a little bit challenging to defeat them. We also have the Unified Sunrise Islands, but neither the Allamunnic States nor the Unified Sunrise Islands are expected to make it out of the pool.

The teams that are expected to win the pool are those from Cosumar and Novaya Zemlya. Both are top 10 internationally, and would be positively stunned to miss out on the next stage of the tournament. Cosumar are a fast, aggressive team, likely to go deep; Novaya Zemlya are a much more laid back team that has struggled these last few world cups, but are more than strong enough to dominate the rest of the group. The game between Cosumar and Novaya Zemlya will be televised here- make sure to go watch it to learn about how some of the best teams play. We sadly don't get to see any games from the other pools- you'll have to wait until the knockout stage has begun.

In the meantime, make sure you enjoy what you're watching, even if it's not going to be our teams winning. Ice Hockey is a wonderful sport, and hopefully making it all the way here will raise a lot of interest and publicity for a national league. There's certainly a big market here and a proper sized stadium for the sport needs only seat around 10 to 20 thousand people.

Novaya Zemlya
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Novaya Zemlya » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:36 am

ALLAMUNNIC STATES 2 - 4 NOVAYA ZEMLYA

THE TIMOFEYEV REPORT

The World Cup of Hockey is finally underway! I am on site in Val d'Or, Quebec, and will give you a report after every game. As you might have noticed, due to time differences Group F games will air in the middle of night at home, so hopefully my reports can help you keep up with events even if you are unable to stay up and watch the games live.

Novaya Zemlya looked good in the opener against Allamunnic States, although there is still room for improvement in some areas. The first period saw some sloppy play from both sides. We have seen it before, it takes some time to settle in and get going. The first notable event occured only a few minutes into the game. Bashkim Melekhov was, uncharacteristically, wildly out of position after a neutral zone face off, which led to Erik Stahlburg getting a breakaway. He beat Bezukladnikov on the blocker side to put the Allamunnic States up 1-0.

The Novozemlyans worked their way into the game later in the first, despite a couple of penalties being called against them. Two solid penalty kills helped swing the momentum in our favor, and Volodya Polzin was able to tie it on a rebound right before the intermission. It was the kind of "greasy goal" we all want to see this team score more of.

Early second period, the Novozemlyans got their first man advantage for the night. We all remember how our putrid PP contributed big time to our downfall in the last WCoH, so it was a relief to see Vasiliy Nemtsev blast one home after some quick and precise passing. Later on in the period, we struck again on the power play. This time it was Nik Gavrilov with a lazer from the top of the circle, on a beatiful cross crease feed from Yemelyanov. So both of our PP units put goals on the board tonight, let us hope this trend continues.

Fyodor Ryzhkov. He is a unique hockey player, one of the best skaters in the Elite League, a good puck mover and a supreme agitator/pest at the same time, but tonight was not one of his better games. He has a tendency to lose his composure, and when he does, it's not pretty. In the middle of the second period he got called on a 2 minute holding penalty. It was indeed a blatant hold, an obvious call, but Ryzhkov complained frantically to the refs. Obscene gestures were made, and Ryzhkov picked up the extra 10 minute misconduct penalty. We can only hope that coach Bobr had some words of advice in store for him after the game.

In the third period, Novozemlyans tried to sit on their 3-1 lead, a strategy we have seen backfire a number of times in the past. The Allamunnic States had a number of shifts with sustained pressure in the offensive zone, which led to Novozemlyans taking penalties. Eventually Jenna Vogyl put one past Bezukladnikov to make it 3-2.

With only 2 minutes to go of the third, Zakhar Golumbovsky and Dominik Shelagin came in on a 2-on-1, and the entirety of Colisse d'Abitibi was waiting for Golumbovsky to pass it to Shelagin who was wide open. Instead, he winded up a booming slap shot which beat Udun Nyurdsunn to make it 4-2 Novaya Zemlya.

Overall, the boys played a good game, but I would like to see them take less penalties and turn the puck over less often. Tonight, Novaya Zemlya will face Klaus Devestatorie. I'll admit that I knew nothing about them beforehand. Judging from the reports over here in Quebec, hockey is a niche sport in their nation, receiving no government funding or support what so ever. They do have a bunch of professional players overseas, however, who answered the call to come and represent their country, so let's not underestimate them.

Here's hoping the boys come prepared and ready to work hard for another win!

Anatoly Timofeyev is our leading hockey writer and he will bring you the latest updates from the 29th World Cup of Hockey

GAME SUMMARY

SCORING SUMMARY
First Period
02:46 ALS ES Stahlburg, Eric 1-0
19:21 NZE ES Polzin, Volodya 1-1

Second Period
06:19 NZE PP Nemtsev, Vasiliy 1-2
13:03 NZE PP Gavrilov, Nikolai 1-3

Third Period
14:53 ALS PP Vogyl, Jenna 2-3
18:04 NZE ES Golumbovsky, Zakhar 2-4

PENALTY SUMMARY
First Period
09:30 NZE Kutuzov, Sergei Interference 2 min
14:28 NZE Shelagin, Dominik Tripping 2 min

Second Period
05:39 ALS Waalturs, Gaarutt Hooking 2 min
11:49 ALS Burkhardt, Erik Delay of game 2 min
15:20 NZE Ryzhkov, Fyodor Holding 2 min
15:20 NZE Ryzhkov, Fyodor Misconduct 10 min

Third Period
06:16 NZE Anoshkin, Enver Hooking 2 min
09:51 NZE Khabalov, Foma Interference 2 min
13:05 NZE Yerokhin, Krasimir Slashing 2 min
19:49 NZE Gavrilyuk, Oleksandr Fighting 5 min
19:49 ALS Grahulm, Theodurik Fighting 5 min

SOCIAL MEDIA

Last edited by Novaya Zemlya on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:44 am

Phoenix 3, Antipha United 2

"Welcome to Quebec City for the 29th World Cup of Hockey! The Kaboomlandians are looking to rebound from a disappointing 28th World Cup of Hockey, and that road to redemption starts now!"

"Jerome Smith takes the puck across the blueline and dumps it in, Phoenix change lines. Leighton O'Hare comes behind the net and drops the puck for Ivar Devereux. Devereux makes a pass up to Yakov Matheson, but Maxime Coderre was in off the bench and disrupts that play. Matheson back down to Devereux, who instead flips it high out to centre ice. Sinclair Bloodworth picks the puck up and gets across the blueline, but Derek Strachan pokes it away."

"Midway through the first period, Phoenix controlling the puck in the offensive zone. Tyler Martin drops the puck off to Philips and goes for the front of the net. Thomas Schultze in front tying Martin up. Adrian Philips goes out from the half-wall, drops back to Scott Herndon. Herndon shoots, big shot there but it goes wide. Tyler Martin gets behind the net and gets the puck first. Drop pass to Rutherford, Philips steaming in, Rutherford to Philips, can't get the shot away. Back to Herndon. Fakes, over to Clooney, one-timer, SCORES! Patrick Clooney opens the scoring for Kaboomlandia!"

"Late in the first period, Antipha United on the power play after a hooking penalty to Casey Lindsay. Killing this penalty are Coderre, Jackson, Herndon, and Clooney. Alex Jackson lines up with Otto Kempf on the draw. Kempf loses the faceoff into the corner. Risto Dixon chasing it, gets Clooney with a hit and the puck. Dixon out to Kempf at the front of the net, he scores! A bad goal for Dylan Brady, and the game is tied at one!"

"First period is over, and we're tied at one after a late power-play goal by Otto Kempf."

"Welcome back to the game, where the second period is set to begin! Puck is dropped and we're away. Zack Murray wins this draw to Aaron Richards. Richards gives it back to Murray at the blueline. Zack Murray pulls to the left wing, then fakes Erle Spencer Earl out. Murray's one-on-one, toe-drags Thomas Schultze! Murray goes backhand, forehand, AND HE SCORES! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE GOAL BY ZACK MURRAY!"

"Six minutes gone in the second period. Otto Kempf, who is playing well for the Alphathetians. Kempf sneaks past Bore and it's a two-on-one with Derek Strachan back. Kempf tries to find Abram Jack but that's broken up by Strachan. Risto Dixon, the latecomer, picks that up, shoots and a beautiful glove save by Dylan Brady through a screen."

"Fourteen minutes gone. Tyler Martin leading a rush. A bad pinch, Martin fakes at the line and the Phoenix have a three-on-one! Tyler Martin passes off to Adrian Philips. Philips carries, across to Rutherford, to Martin, SCORES! A tic-tac-toe play gives the Phoenix a 3-1 lead!"

"The second period will come to an end as the Kaboomlandians lead Alphatheta 3-1."

"Nine minutes into the third period. Alphatheta pressing for a goal. Dixon on a rush with Jack. Risto Dixon has a two-on-one! Over to Abram Jack...LARCENY! WHAT A SAVE BY BRADY!"

"Alphatheta still pressing for that goal. Braam Geier takes it across the line. Finds Mefodiy Argyris who shoots on goal. Brady can't handle the rebound. Geier picks up the rebound, shoots, save by Brady. Whacks at it again, stopped. Argyris joins the fray, stopped, Geier finally scores! Alphatheta pulls to within one!"

"Last minute of the third period. Alphatheta buzzing now! Dylan Brady is holding his ground in net, empty net on the other end. Seventeen seconds left. Dixon tries to shoot the puck to the front of the net, blocked by Strachan. Back to the line, Ivan Devereux. Pressured by Jackson, he goes over to Csaszar. Csaszar shoots, kicked out by Brady. Ten seconds left. Devereux shoots, blocked by Strachan again. Finally Bore flips the puck out and it rolls down the ice! The game is over! Victory, Phoenix!"
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Zenic
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Zenic » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:42 am

Impressive. In my opinion, that is the only word that can describe the performance Zenic had against Uzekia on the first match-day of the 29th World Cup of Hockey. The ZEHL has provide an overall success in keeping the players in top shape while providing entertaining, high-level hockey. The result ended up being 7-1 in favor of the Frozen Survivors.

Zenic and the rest of Group G are stationed in Ottawa for the group stages and are playing all of their games in The Palladium, home of the Senators, Sparks and Skyhawks. Uzekia and Zenic played the first game of the match-day, one which wasn't even close. By the end of the first period, superstars Jernej, Herut, and Medeiros had scored a goal each. In the second period, Jernej put away 2 goals in a minute and a half to finish off his hattrick.

Uzekia, though, managed to score a goal in transition thanks to a confusion in line switches late in the second period. There exists the potential that line switches are still an issue for the squad, although considerably less than in the last tournament. It will be something important to watch during the upcoming match against The Sword Bloke to see if this goal by Uzekia was a fluke or displayed a kink in the great armor of the Zenicians.

The third period ended after two more goals, these coming from Franco and Norman. By the 10 minute mark, Giehl had the luxury of deciding to use only the second and third lines as well as the backup goalkeeper, Darwin, for the rest of the game in order to allow the first line and Piatek to rest. After all, it was the second highest point differential in a game on the first match-day, trailing only Valanora's 8-0 victory over Natanians and Nosts.

In the following game in Ottawa, The Sword Bloke managed to get past Norrehavn 2-1 while Ficiscia upset Damukuni in a high scoring game, 5-3. This sets up an interesting 2nd match-day with the victor between Zenic and The Sword Bloke will most likely end up as the group winner, Ficiscia will look to continue its impressive first tournament with a win over Uzekia, and Norrehavn looks to get back on track with a win against Damakuni.

There looks to be many story lines heading to the second match-day, several that could affect Zenic and only a little bit of time before the action starts anew in the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. A continued good start in The Palladium against The Sword Bloke could signify another run to the finals for our Frozen Survivors. Only time will tell and the time is now.

--Pauline Ferzi

Pauline Ferzi is a homegrown talent, having lived most of her life in San Valerie. She attended New Citium University and majored in sports journalism. She joined The Leinz Herald soon after graduation and returned to San Valerie after the Zenic national hockey team’s headquarters and stadium were constructed. She is now the lead reporter on any and all news hockey related and looks to have a promising career.
Member of Rushmore
List of Factbooks
Association Football
Ice Hockey
Champions:
6th Runner Cup (Futbol)
Runners-up
WCoH 28 (Ice Hockey)
Third Place:
4th Runner Cup(Futbol)

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:30 am

"And, as the World Cup of Hockey gets underway over in Quebec, we turn to John Daverson with the sport. John?"

That's right, Steve. Good morning, Elejamie! Yesterday saw Elejamie win their opening game against Ortola over at the Parksang Pavillion in Sherbrooke. Despite the Ortol'i being new to the tournament and having plenty of good chances on goal, along with Mike Keller replacing Felipe Barajas on the third line, it was the Icy Elephants who walked away the 3-0 victors. Here are the highlights:

The first period got off to an exciting start as Elejamie very nearly let one in, thanks to a snapshot from N Fin'da'la Migas thirty seconds after the start; fortunately, Antonio Cervantes was awake to get it, forcing the match to go to a face-off. That wasn't the only Ortol'i attempt on goal, as five minutes later, when J Mi'o Nimus' wrist shot was deflected by Cervantes' stick. That wasn't to say Elejamie weren't trying. Cerin Meloten's first shot sixty six seconds after the start bounced off the post, with his rebound being caught by H Ren'a Barus. Even after the face-off, Anatoly Kasputin couldn't put one past H Ren'a, his shot sailing over the net. A couple of minutes later, Paul Morton's shot just went wide. With a couple of seconds left, Ortol'a could've gone 1-0 up before the break if Cervantes didn't save this amazing shot by U Qu'i Ellis. Eventually, the period ended goalless, with both teams hoping to get one over the other.

The second period was much better, when Lucas Madgwick scored the first goal of the evening; scoring off a one-timer in the fifth minute, with assistance from line-mate Bill Harrison, whose interception then pass lead to the goal. This was then shortly followed by the first penalty of the evening, when George Lincoln accidentally slashed E Knok'i Stylius; despite tensions threatening to boil over, the gloves stayed on and Lincoln was sent to the penalty box for a couple of minutes to chill out. Despite now having the upper hand on the power play, the Ortol'i were unable to convert shots into goals. In fact, the closest they came was three seconds before the end of the power play, when I Pi'o Os' slap shot ricocheted off of Antonio Cervantes' stick. This then lead to an Elejamian offense that could've made it 2-0 if H Ren'a didn't catch Madgwick's second attempt at goal. Minutes later, the second period was over and Elejamie were 1-0 up and, with one period left to go, things looked like they were in the bag.

The third period started off a bit slow but James Han made it 2-0 before the half-way mark, with a snap shot and assistance from Danilo Barajas and Mike Cruickshank. Not long later, Cerin Meloten and Lupe set up a wrist shot by captain Anatoly Kasputin, a shot that lead to Elejamie's third goal of the evening. However, things weren't smooth sailing, as Francisco Solano was sent to the box for two minutes C Lor'i'o Tras; C Lor'i'o was sent to the box shortly afterwards for holding onto Anatoly Kasputin's jersey. However, that was the last real highlight of the match, Even when both sides were back to even strength, neither side were able to put the puck in the back of the net. The bext example of this was when, with three minutes left, Ortol'a could've made it 3-1 had the whistle not blown for offside. Indeed, even when H Ren'a Barus was taken off and replaced by an extra attacker, it still wasn't enough for the Icy Elephants to put more in the goal and, in the end, Elejamie won 3-0; a great start to their World Cup campaign and plenty of practice for their next game.

In a post-match interview, head coach Michael Madgwick said "That was a good game from the guys. Toni kept his nerve in goal, much like he did against the Head Gnashers from last time. Lucas scored an excellent goal, made even better by how Bill set everything up, so kudos to the both of them. Of course, I can't forget about James and, of course, our captain Anatoly. But, while I'm dishing out praises, I have to praise Ortol'a as well. They had some good defending and, a couple of times, forced us on the ropes. But, fortunately, it was nothing we couldn't handle and, in the end, I'm pleased with the result. Well done, boys. And, indeed, well done to the other team."

"Are you nervous about the upcoming match against Ontorisa?"

"A little bit. I'm not going to argue that. They're a great team and, as we can all remember, they did very well when it came to that friendly a long time ago. I'm not going to give out any plans, obviously. But I will say that defence will be the most important thing in that game, so I'm hoping that they won't slack off. A good attack will be vital too and, hopefully, we'll be able to balance it out. But, apart from that, my lips will be sealed until tomorrow night."

Meanwhile, in the other group matches of the day, Ontorisa got off to a great start as they beat Ethane 5-1. And the ponies of the Equestrian States managed to edge out Polaskaan, 3-2. Today, Elejamie will face up against Ontorisa, their main rivals for the top spot. Elsewhere, the ponies will take on Ortola, who are looking to bounce back from their loss. And Ethane and Polaskaan will take to the ice to avenge their losses. Who would take the top spot? Find out tonight, 9pm, on Puck Drop.

Elsewhere reigning champions Valanora got off to as they thrashed the Natanians and Nosts 8-0. The Calcuttas, who won the last tournament on home ice, were hoping to carry on their run of good fortune...

Period			P1	P2	P3	FS
Ortol'a 0 0 0 0
Elejamie 0 1 2 3
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:31 pm

www.Nationalsportsnetwork.ont
The Soaring Falcons
Ontorisa offence surges as Wedernas records two goals; Panjaarvi records his first international goal and Doristram shows off his amazing hands

Quebec - Definitely a way the Falcons wanted to start off the tournament. Ethane appeared to have given up midway through the second period as Ontorisa routed them 5-1. Ontorisa started off the scoring with a fantastic wrist shot from the rookie Prakos Panjaarvi, who beat the Ethanese goaltender under his blocker that saw Ontorisa lead by 1 after 20 minutes of play.

"Yeah, I just saw the opening and I fired." Panjaarvi spoke about his first ever international goal during the 1st intermission. "I mean, when it went in, the guys came over and I heard Yetti [Yeta Kolobos] ask me if I wanted the puck. I was pretty confused what he meant but then I realized after."

Ethane managed to get one back after a bad bounce from the puck snuck between Semkaris' legs to level the game at 1. However, it didn't take long before Tealmos Wedernas got one back, taking a fantastic snap shot from the top of the left penalty circle, going low glove to beat the Ethanese goaltender. Later on into the period after a sloppy change by the Ethanese team, Heja Corispan sent a long saucer pass up to Mejer Doristram to give the defence man a breakaway, take a look.

The Ethanese are currently in the midst of a change as Corispan looks for someone to pass to. Oh! He flings the puck up to Doristram who's on a breakaway! Doristram! He toe-drags! Dipsy doodles and beats the Ethanese goal tender clean above the blocker! What a goal by Mejer Doristram as Ontorisa have scored two unanswered goals!

This is the problem when you don't properly coordinate your line changes. Bad things happen, people get through and in this case, the speedy and talented Doristram just slipped right through all of the Ethanese players and sprung a breakaway. Bad change, bad awareness and basically left their goalie out to dry.

Doristram's first goal of this tournament extends Ontorisa's lead to 3-1 over Ethane. With 9:11 to go in the period, this game is easily being run away with as Ethane's chances of bouncing back in is growing slimmer and slimmer.

Qanas Johik would go on to tally his first of the tournament with a good wrap around that he roofed on the Ethanese goaltender to make the game 4-1. From these, Ethane's team simply fell apart, with the frustrations becoming apparent as an Ethanese player took a run at Umar Tryskai, hitting his numbers and provoking a fight between the Ethanese player and Lamas Twaug. Tryskai left the game but returned shortly before the end of the third period.

The final nail in the coffin was a great top right corner snipe by Tealmos Wedernas, whose goal sent a shock through the Ethanese bench as most of their players appeared to be finished with the game.

"Tough game, the boys played well and gave it our all but it was just hard to bounce back from that offence." The Ethanese captain spoke after the game. "Hopefully we can do better against Polaaskan next game. I bet our coach will have some strong words for us."

"Yeah, it was really easy compared to the last few teams we've played in the past." Tealmos Wedernas commented on the teams' performance. "It was sort of weird in ways to have our offence show up like this, but I can't complain."

Ontorisa will face Elejamie next in the Group Round Robins.

Score Summary

1st Period
ONT Goal: Panjaarvi, Prakos (1) [Wedernas, Tealmos (1); Tolmoki, Vekirk (1)] - Even Strength Goal - Wrist Shot Goal - 9:26
2nd Period
ETH Goal: Name Not Submitted (1) [Assisted by two players] - Even Strength Goal - Deflection Goal - 16:50
ONT Goal: Wedernas, Tealmos (1) [Doristram, Mejer (1); Deljsa, Rieaa (1)] - Even Strength Goal - Snap Shot Goal - 16:03
ONT Goal: Doristram, Mejer (1) [Corispan, Heja (1)] - Even Strength Goal - Wrist Shot Goal - 9:11
3rd Period
ONT Goal: Johik, Qanas (1) [Doristram, Mejer (2); Kedersolis, Xel (1)] - Even Strength Goal - Backhand Goal - 17:39
ONT Goal: Wedernas, Tealmos (2) [De-ker-Peork, Vecam (1); Doristram, Mejer (3)] - Even Strength Goal - Slap Shot Goal - 14:12

Box Score
1st2nd3rdFinal
Ontorisa1225
Ethane0101

Ontorisa Shots: 39
Ethane Shots: 25

W - Tolkos Semkaris - 24 Saves - SV% 0.960
L - Name Not Submitted - 34 Saves - SV% 0.871

THREE STARS OF THE GAME - Presented by Velpoz Sports Equipment

1st Star: Tealmos Wedernas (2 G, 2 A, 4 P, 3 +/-, 2 Hits)
2nd Star: Mejer Doristram (1 G, 3 A, 4 P, 4 +/-, 4 Hits)
3rd Star: Prakos Panjaarvi (1 G, 0 A, 1 P, 1 +/-, 4 Hits)

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Valanora Times
Calcuttas Blitz Natanians and Nosts

Coming off their fourth title, bringing them within one of the record holder of Plutoni, the Calcuttas are among the favorites to win the tournament once more. This time, it has shifted towards the north of the region, as the Royal Kingdom of Quebec continues the strong Atlantian Oceania tradition in hockey, as the home to the president looks to showcase the tournament. Despite their win in the last edition, the Calcuttas come into this edition ranked only at third in the World, thanks in large part to their inconsistent form in the tournament in years past. It could even be said that at times the VSC held a certain amount of disdain for the WCoH and the Calcuttas as a whole, considering how media would be sent late to the tournament if they were even sent at all.

Though rankings have no bias, it is obvious that some within the Calcuttas feel that the mere third ranking is a slight and would like to show not only those who think that they merely won the tournament because of hosting it but their own fans their true strength. The skill was in full display as the side began their campaign of strength, as the poor Natanians and Nosts team was put to roast as the Calcuttas skated circles around their competition and seemed to have the precision in their shot of a professionally trained sniper. With the final tally of eight to nil, it was a demonstration of ruthless efficiency from the World Cup champions and sends a clear message to all the squads who believe they can topple the champions.

The group itself will be interesting to see how it plays out as there actually are a pair of solid contenders in the Calcuttas group in the form of Torisakia as well as Kaboomlandia. Both are competent sides who can play with any team in the tournament, especially Torisakia who has had numerous deep runs in the tournament in editions past. Elsewhere, Zenic looks solid coming off of their second place finish in Valanora last edition, with a seven to on smackdown of Uzekia, while the number one side in the world found a few problems in their opening match but still managed to pull out a victory in the end. The hosts themselves put on a proper show for their home fans, with a six to one win themselves, with Ontorisa and Esparmuran both also putting thorough victories. This tournament has many sides believing that they can lift the trophy and take away the title from the Calcuttas and though there were many impressive victories to open the tournament, the Calcuttas still stand supreme.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Ficiscia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ficiscia » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Damukuni comeback too late, Ficiscia wins first game

We were unsure what to expect from our team before the 29th World Cup of Hockey started, given that apart from three players who played in the WJHC bronze team no member of the squad had any international experience. However, after the rather surprising bronze medal for the juniors we allowed ourselves to dream of victories against U20 world champion The Sword Bloke or group favourite Zenic, which would likely be necessary to advance into the KO rounds. To achieve this, we will not only have to beat the group's big ones but also be strong against the smaller ones - starting with Damukuni today. Muratus brought out a team similar to what experts expected - not splitting up Marcantor and Brica but adding a center more secure with his faceoffs than Larins - and we were ready to see the team's first adventure on foreign ice.

As it was the case in some WJHC games as well, Damukuni seemed shocked by the fast skating and the offensive style of the Ficiscians, allowing our boys to go in front quickly. Shooting star Manuel Aleixos could get a sloppy pass in the own zone and carried it down the field where he saw Vaccarius next to him, wristing the puck over the pad of the Damukuni goalkeeper (unfortunately the Damukuni played in shirts without names) under the crossbar to Ficiscia's first world championship goal. The second one came in the powerplay. Once again, Ficiscia profited from their fast skating, forcing a defender to hold back his opponent and giving our boys an advantage which they used. A shot from Neri bounced off the goaltender onto the stick of Marcantor, passing over to Brica who scored the goal. The third goal happened just before the break when a slapshot from Arrius was deflected into the goal by Decimius Vero from Pontofervia SC.

After this start, the team allowed itself to play a bit more with style. "In the end, we were probably lucky Damukuni was not in the game. We could be punished for playing as tricky as that, and we should remember we want to win, not to impress the audience.", a self-critic Kyrillos Brica said after the game. Indeed there were moments where Ficiscia was a bit shocked, when young Harall Berjaman wanted to show off with a dribbling in his own zone but lost the puck to his opponent - luckily Decimius Aedificor never lost his concentration. In all the beautiful-game-hysteria, the team still managed to get a goal by a combination between Vero and Larins, after which the Carinha SSP center stood right in front of the goal and missed. The puck, however, bounced back onto the stick of Anderr Thorvaldssenn who managed to score on the play.

Damukuni came out of the locker room completely differently and forced the Ficiscians to stand up for themselves, attacking way more aggressive and searching rebounds. Luckily for them, Aedificor is a butterfly goalie likely to concede rebounds, and he had to give up two goals on them. "I am not fast enough to catch rebounds. I have to play blocker to avoid conceding goals when going after pucks, and it's part of that risk. We all give our best, but they found a spot where we couldn't remove the Damukuni forwards from, and this is the result", said Aedificor after the game when asked if he let too many rebounds happen. Two goals after rebounds, however, is too much for a national goalkeeper. It is already announced that tomorrow against Uzekia, Decimius Porcius from newly crowned champion Lux will enter the goal. Luckily for Aedificor, only a powerplay goal where he couldn't do anything against was scored. In hectic final minutes, he kept his goal clean and resisted the heavy attacks of Damukuni, allowing his team to eventually seal the first win with an empty netter.

FICISCIA 5-3 Damukuni (3-0, 1-0, 1-3)

SCORERS (FIC): 5' Vaccarius 1-0 (Aleixos); 8' Brica 2-0 (Marcantor, Neri/Penalty DKI); 18' Vero 3-0 (Arrius, Minor) 33' Thorvaldssenn 4-0 (Larins, Vero); 60' (59:25) Praesumptus 5-3 (Brica/EN)
PENALTY: 4x 2 min Ficiscia, 5x 2 min Damukuni
SHOTS: FIC 31-27 DKI

After the game, we talked to coach Kyrillos Muratus about his team. Muratus said that he was "very proud of my boys, but of course there are mistakes in there. They followed my tactical guidelines very good, but they got a bit too easy-going in the second period and let loose. We cannot allow ourselves such a thing against The Sword Bloke, Norrehavn or Zenic. But generally, I was happy with what I saw". When we asked Muratus about his plans for the next game, he refused to say anything except the already announced goaltender rotation. We hope to beat Uzekia tomorrow and keep dreaming about Ficiscia's next big coup, but we all know what it takes to win championships - certainly more than one good game.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE
IC: 89 mio. inhabitants, parliamentary democracy in 2016, minority government of communists, greens and democratic socialists - Constitution
OOC: 20 years old, male, Swiss, student. In favour of (actual) democratic socialism, leftist revolutions where necessary, pan-leftism and European Unity. Not too fond of unnecessarily making things social justice issues. Also in favour of loud guitars, reggae and ice hockey. Feel free to TG me if you wanna know more!
SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS
Summer Olympics X: 5-4-4 / Winter Olympics XI: 9-8-6 - BoF 61 Silver Medal - WJHC 10/11 Bronze Medal - WC75 group stage participant

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Gregoryisgodistan 2–0 Anthor

"Hello, and welcome to Kingston, Quebec, for tonight's World Cup of Hockey game between Gregoryisgodistan and Anthor, the opener of this World Cup of Hockey. And we're about ready to get underway. The Enemy Crushers are ready, the Pervert Chasers are ready, and now we're about to go play hockey.

"18:02 left, and Darian Gustave has the puck for Anthor, oh what a hit by Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat. A brutal hit into the boards and Gustave is lying on the ground unconscious. Just a brutal hit, he's obviously concussed, but at least he's not dead. But now the refs are calling Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat for boarding, five minute major due to head injury, and Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat is going to crush them all. This is so awesome! Crushing is what crushers do best, and they are all crushing. All the refs are dead, here comes the alternate crew, and the Enemy Crushers are threatening to crush them as well if they don't overturn the penalty. But these heathen infidels won't, and they're going to crush them too. More refs have been killed. Here comes the third alternate crew, and they're going to crush them too if they don't overturn the penalty, which they will. And now the Enemy Crushers are celebrating this fact by running into the stands and crushing a few random fans just for the heck of it. This is so incredibly awesome. Crushings forever, crushings for life, yes, hooray, yay!

"11:08 left in the first period, and Weatherman 92UDH9111 is going down the ice, now he centerpasses to Pervert Chaser JDJJ8138. He shoots, HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pervert Chaser JDJJ8138 makes it 1-0. And oh no, some fans behind the net have taken off their shirts, and Pervert Chaser JDJJ8138 is running into the stands and he dickapitates them all. This is awesome. And now he throws the private parts onto the ice and the Enemy Crushers set them on fire so they can't be reattached. This is awesome and the Gregoryisgodistanis in attendance are singing the national anthem in celebrtion. This is awesome.

"3:06 left in the first period, Enemy Crusher Crushy McCrushawitz has the puck taken away from him by Alvin Rounds, he skates down the ice, shoots, beautiful block and save by Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel. He covers it up and we'll have a faceoff. And now Rounds is going to go after Enemy Crusher Crushy McCrushawitz for no other reason than that he wants to beat up a 950 pound Enemy Crusher for the hockey street cred. Oh, but now all the Enemy Crushers are chasing after him and he runs into the locker room in fear, and I doubt he's going to return tonight. He's genuinely crying for his mommy. This is hilarious. How old is he, again? You try to beat up an Enemy Crusher then run away from them in fear? Very bizarre. Anyway, now the Enemy Crushers are storming the stands and crushing three Anthor fans as revenge for Rounds's action. And they're dead, and this is great.

"14:09 left in the second period, Hunter shoots, great block by Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel, Poindexter shoots, another great block by Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel, Robertson, again blocked by Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel. Hunter shoots, and again, blocked by Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel and now it's cleared out of the zone by Enemy Crusher Porkbert McPorkerstein. And the Gregoryisgodistani fans are going crazy, screaming "DEATH TO ANTHOR" and they're all cheering and throwing prune juice and gruel at the Anthor players. It's Pandemonium in Kingston as the fans are going nuts.

"6:16 left in the second period, and we've got a fight. Enemy Crusher Krushallah Krushsaintland tries to crush Deschamps, and now all the Anthor players are working together to pull him off, and they do in time, but now the Enemy Crushers are trying to crush the heathens, but the refs are stepping in and the Enemy Crushers will crush them again, even more dead referees, such fun. And they'll have to summon another alternate crew. Crushing is what Enemy Crushers do best.

"17:34 left in the third period, and it's another fight! Crushings galore as the Enemy Crushers try to crush Anthor but are resisted and run into the stands instead, crushing fans left and right. Quebecois, Anthorian, neutral, even a few lost Guayabalense fans who thought this was a contest to throw a forbiddenly-named fruit at the Gregoryisgodistanis, which they are doing now as they are being crushed to death, and now the Enemy Crushers are going back onto the ice and crushing the fruits the Guaya Beans threw onto the ice. This is so awesome. Lots of crushing, lots of xylocarp smashing, lots of dead heathen fans from all over the Multiverse!

"1:03 left in the third, and the Anthorians pull their goaltender. As if on cue, Enemy Crusher Crushy McCrushawitz wallops Hunter for no good reason, and that will earn him a penalty. We saw the Ice Slaves implement this strategy last tournament, with varying success, but now they'll be able to ice the puck with impunity towards the empty net as Enemy Crusher Crushy McCrushawitz receives a two minute minor for unnecessary roughness, which will be the rest of the game unless we go overtime.

"And it will be a faceoff for Anthor in their offensive zone, won by Gregoryisgodistan, cleared down the ice by Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat, no goal, but no icing either. Now there are 40 seconds left, and Poindexter chases after it, tracks it down, and gets it up, but right to Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat again, who shoots on goal, it hits the post, it's a race to the puck now, Elwin gets there first, tries to get it up the ice, but Enemy Crusher Crushdaguaya Balians is there to intercept it, shoots it, GOAL! ICE SLAVES UP 2-0, 19.3 SECONDS LEFT, IT'S AS GOOD AS OVER!"

"And that's the end of the game, and now the Enemy Crushers are going to hold a flag-burning ceremony at center ice. They are burning flags of San Jose Guayabal, Free Republics, Associated Godlands, and other heathen nations on the Enemy List. And they're burning them all, and now burning statues of Dumpy O'Rumpy in effigy. It's awesome. And now they pour gasoline on the fire to ignite it more and throw more Guayabalense and Republican flags and Dumpy O'Rumpy statues on it, then flee the ice to let it burn indefinitely. But wait, there's more! A Gregoryisgodistani assistant is dropping xylocarps from the rafters onto the fire, and they're burning too! And now he climbs down and joins the celebration in the locker room. We'll see you tomorrow night for more hockey!"
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Espars take first game of tournament
5.50 k.
National Herald/nationale Herolden - A Commonwealth of Crowns Herald Affiliate

Olaf Skovgaard
Chicoutimi, Quebec

The World Cup of Hockey is back. The nation is excited and optimistic. The groups have been drawn and the Espars have been victorious.

Yes, the Espars have started off strong in the 29th edition, hosted by the hockey giants of Quebec. A 7-3 win over a hopeful newcomer in the WCoH, the hockey-abundant Nordeana, has the squad on the right track. Because of the seven goals, Esparmuran is now technically in first place of Group D.

Nordeana will start it's first run of the World Cup of Hockey now. The republic of about 35 mil. has deep roots in hockey, and were eager to show it to the world. Unfortunately, they showed it first to a team ranked no. 4 in the tournament.

1st line centre Bailey Royston got the first goal of the tournament for the Espars on a tip-in from defenseman Blaine Blackwood thirty-nine seconds into the game. Five minutes later, Orrell Beake, Esparmuran's number one reason for getting where they are now, got on the board on a one-timer from fellow linemate Darian Sidney. Sidney has proven to be a useful asset to the team. After leaving the squad following the 24th WCoH, he returned in the 27th to fill in a missing cog in the first forward line.

Sander Dalquist of Noreana cut the Espar momentum in half by firing one up close past Espar goalie Wolf Paige. Dalquist was assisted by Jacob Millis, who cut through Espar Devereux Bone to the right hashmark, before feeding it to Dalquist who beat Paige right next to the crease with a laser shot.

"No offense to the guys in front, but I think our biggest weakness is our D. When we're entirely focused on offence, stuff like this is bound to happen. It was a big win in the end, I'm not saying it wasn't, but when we start to face better teams and we can't rely on goal scoring, we're going to have our tails between our legs a lot of the time." Paige said after the game.

Beake scored his second of the game capitalizing off of a perfect bank pass from Royston off of the corner boards. The rest of the first dragged on, with the Noreanians waiting for the period to be over to begin focusing on the second.

And focus they did. The Hounds, as they are referred to, put up their best fight of the game in the first half of the period, with a goal by Keith Wheating and shots being 5-2 in favour of Noreana through the first 10 minutes. Espar favourite Gregers Østergaard put a stop to the Noreanian push with a powerplay goal at 13:41. Esparmuran had been criticized in the past for its shoddy powerplay unit. Being 1/1 in it's first game should help remedy that.

With a minute left in the second, Kay Falk made it 5-2 Esparmuran. Falk was definitely the MVP for the Espar's Junior team, so it will be interesting to see how he will develop for later WCoH's.

Nordeana replaced their goalie, Martin Frankford, for their backup, Patrick Harris, after the second. Frankford stopped 16 of 21 shots, and had a save percentage of 0.761 and a GGA of 7.58.

Keith Wheating scored again at 4:41 of the third. Beake would, as you'd expect, complete the hat-trick. A biscuit sliding out of a scramble in front of the net let Beake snap it home. Beake has had three hat tricks and one four-goal-game in the past two tournaments.

Blaine Blackwood made it 7-3 with an empty-netter with forty seconds left in the period.

And that's it. Esparmuran takes it's first game and will face the United States of Devonta tomorrow. Esparmuran faced Devonta in the 28th WCoH, and won 2-1 against them. Nordeana takes on Kernansquillec tomorrow.

A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:24 pm

MD2 Results

We've all got high hopes on doing well, but stepping onto another level is another story. Can you do it?

Group A
Narsora 1–5 Vaugania
Neu Engollon 3–4 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Sandhelm 3–7 Vilita and Turori

Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 2 0 0 10 4 +6 4
2 Vilita and Turori 2 2 0 0 11 6 +5 4
3 Neu Engollon 2 1 0 1 9 5 +4 2
4 Vaugania 2 1 0 1 8 5 +3 2
5 Sandhelm 2 0 0 2 4 13 −9 0
6 Narsora 2 0 0 2 2 11 −9 0

Group B
Ortola 0–2 Equestrian States
Elejamie 4–3 Ontorisa
Ethane 0–1 Polaaskan

1 Elejamie 2 2 0 0 7 3 +4 4
2 Equestrian States 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 4
3 Ontorisa 2 1 0 1 8 5 +3 2
4 Polaaskan 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 2
5 Ethane 2 0 0 2 1 6 −5 0
6 Ortola 2 0 0 2 0 5 −5 0

Group C
Banija 2–4 Nova Anglicana
Nassau-Hessen 0–2 Ko-oren
Arkiasis 5–5 Ilyseum

1 Nova Anglicana 2 2 0 0 9 6 +3 4
2 Ko-oren 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 3
3 Arkiasis 2 0 2 0 6 6 0 2
4 Nassau-Hessen 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 2
5 Ilyseum 2 0 1 1 9 10 −1 1
6 Banija 2 0 0 2 3 6 −3 0

Group D
Esparmuran 5–1 United States of Devonta
Nordeana 2–2 Kernansquillec
Nephara 3–0 HUElavia

1 Esparmuran 2 2 0 0 12 4 +8 4
2 Nephara 2 2 0 0 8 3 +5 4
3 United States of Devonta 2 1 0 1 2 5 −3 2
4 Kernansquillec 2 0 1 1 5 7 −2 1
5 Nordeana 2 0 1 1 5 9 −4 1
6 HUElavia 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group E
Valanora 4–1 Kaboomlandia
Natanians and Nosts 3–2 Armeia
Torisakia 1–1 Alphatheta

1 Valanora 2 2 0 0 12 1 +11 4
2 Torisakia 2 1 1 0 4 2 +2 3
3 Kaboomlandia 2 1 0 1 4 6 −2 2
4 Natanians and Nosts 2 1 0 1 3 10 −7 2
5 Alphatheta 2 0 1 1 3 4 −1 1
6 Armeia 2 0 0 2 3 6 −3 0

Group F
Allamunnic States 3–3 Cosumar
Novaya Zemlya 2–1 Klaus Devestatorie
Iskandervale 2–2 Unified Sunrise Islands

1 Novaya Zemlya 2 2 0 0 6 3 +3 4
2 Iskandervale 2 1 1 0 7 4 +3 3
3 Cosumar 2 0 2 0 7 7 0 2
4 Unified Sunrise Islands 2 0 2 0 6 6 0 2
5 Allamunnic States 2 0 1 1 5 7 −2 1
6 Klaus Devestatorie 2 0 0 2 3 7 −4 0

Group G
Uzekia 2–6 Ficiscia
Zenic 5–0 The Sword Bloke
Norrehavn 2–1 Damukuni
1 Zenic 2 2 0 0 12 1 +11 4
2 Ficiscia 2 2 0 0 11 5 +6 4
3 The Sword Bloke 2 1 0 1 2 6 −4 2
4 Norrehavn 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 2
5 Damukuni 2 0 0 2 4 7 −3 0
6 Uzekia 2 0 0 2 3 13 −10 0

Group H
Kazirstan 1–1 Red Blackiland
Abanhfleft 0–0 Gregoryisgodistan
Anthor 2–4 Semarland

1 Abanhfleft 2 1 1 0 4 2 +2 3
2 Gregoryisgodistan 2 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Semarland 2 1 1 0 7 5 +2 3
4 Red Blackiland 2 0 2 0 4 4 0 2
5 Kazirstan 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1
6 Anthor 2 0 0 2 2 6 −4 0
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Zenic
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Zenic » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:43 am

"Haha. That was a fantastic performance from the squad, don't you think, Tawfeek," Giehl asked.

"Hell yeah it was. We blew out The Sword Bloke 5-0! That's the level of play we've been waiting for: choke the living daylights out of the opponents offense and then scoring on as many opportunities as we get. So simple yet so effective," replied Tawfeek, overjoyed at the performance of the Frozen Survivors so far in the 29th World Cup of Hockey. Another impressive stat was that each goal was scored by a unique scorer: Tobias, Jekyll, Tennison, Vaughan and Ellsworth. Even though the superstar of squad, Tendaji Jernej, did not score, he did add two assists to bring his total for the tournament to 3 goals and 2 assists in 2 games.

"Indeed, Lynda. The determination the players are expressing is incredible. There's no doubt they will continue this and make it back to final. Oh, everyone will be ecstatic when we return to the final and win it all this time," Giehl stated. "But first, we will play our hardest against Ficiscia, then Damukuni and finally Norrehavn because the great teams treat every opponent as a difficult opponent."

"Huh, that was actually poetic and energizing. I'm impressed, Henri. So let's go get everyone ready to kick some ass." Giehl nodded but raised his hand to stop her. "But first, let's finish breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day." Lynda was about to say something but stopped herself and did as Giehl asked.

She guessed that getting ready for the game against Ficiscia could wait until after eggs, pancake and coffee.
Member of Rushmore
List of Factbooks
Association Football
Ice Hockey
Champions:
6th Runner Cup (Futbol)
Runners-up
WCoH 28 (Ice Hockey)
Third Place:
4th Runner Cup(Futbol)

PreviousNext

Advertisement