NATION

PASSWORD

(ATP Grand Slam) TOCAO - The IC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Third Match day: 3 to Third Round
Emberton, Krytenia

Third match day of TOCAO Grand Slam features the first half of Second Round where 4 Pemecutanian single players play their match. Unfortunately, first round sensation, Oka Sulastra failed to maintain his performance after defeated 6th seed, Botack Andiam of Ceni. He lost to host player, Andrew Baumgartner with ease.

In Section A, Ayu Ratih Kemalasari met Pelissa Giannapolous of Electrum. Kemalasari makes a great start with lead far by 3-0 before Giannapolous able to steal one game from her. Kemalasari still dominant and able to tackled Giannapolous shots and beautiful play. Giannapolous only able to take another 2 games before surrender to Kemalasari by 3-6 in the first set. Kemalasari continue to shine in the second set and lead by 3-0. But Giannapolous able to balance her performance and eventually take the lead of the set by 3-4. Kemalasari didn't give up. With hard struggle and a long 40-40 deuce, she eventually makes it to 5-4 position. But Giannapolous luckily steal the 10th game and force deuce. Kemalasari remain calm and grab the 11th game. Unfortunate for Giannapolous, a failed netting cost her the second set. Kemalasari win by 7-5. In the third set, Kemalasari didn't want to lost her focus again and lead fast by 4-0 before Giannapolous able to steal a game from her. Kemalasari secure her position by taking the 6th game but her failed netting in the 7th game give Giannapolous her second winning game in the set. Kemalasari rise back and win the 8th game to win the match.

On the other hand, (11) Ngurah Putra Muliawan have to struggled to win his match against Yulia Briselin of Spartaned. The newcomer shocked Muliawan with great performance which difficult Muliawan. Although he try to catch up but Briselin seems to have every moves that makes him failed. Briselin end up take the first two set by 6-4 and 6-4. But Muliawan didn't give up. He fight hard in the third set and try to balance his performance with Briselin. The struggled fruits after Muliawan win the 10th game which force 5-5 deuce. Briselin still on fire and try to take the 11th game but she failed in the net and give Muliawan the game. In the 12th game, Briselin force 40-40 deuce. But after 7 strikes advantage, Muliawan eventually take the game and win the set. The third set seems to be a turning point for Muliawan. He gain his confidence back and able to rebuild his crumbling performance in the first half of the match. Muliawan takes the next 2 sets by 6-3 and 6-1 to secure his position in the Third Round.

An unfortunate event coming from Oka Sulastra. After a win against 6th seed, Botack Andiam, many predicted that he will go far in this tournament. But facing Andrew Baumgartner of Krytenia, Sulastra seems to be out of focus and lost his control over the play. He continuously makes errors that give Baumgartner points after points. He tried to rise in the half way of the second set but although he able to push 40-40 deuce in the game he still eventually lost it. Sulastra crumbled in the third set and seems to have lost his confidence. Baumgartner takes the opportunity and makes his way to the victory. Sulastra lost in shame with neither win a single game in all 3 sets he played.

The last match of third match day is between (24) Maria Sophia Lubis and Samuel Barney of Frenline Delpha. The match begin with a tight play between both player. Barney able to balance his performance with Lubis which has more experience. Losing the 10th game to Barney, the set was extended into 5-5 deuce. Lubis able to take the 11th game with a nice netting. But a great forehand by Barney makes him win the 12th game which again extended the set to tie-break. Lubis playing carefully and makes precise shot which difficult Barney. The tie break end with 7-2 for Lubis which concluded the set by 7-6. In the second set, Lubis make a fast move by grab the first 3 games. But Barney able to steal the 4th and 5th game. With a steady performance, Lubis win the second set by 6-3. Barney didn't give up and give resistance in the third set. But his failed netting in the 10th game, lose his opportunity to extended the set in 5-5 deuce. Lubis eventually win by 6-4.

With this result, Ayu Ratih Kemalasari will meet Ruben Munoz of Albaie in the Third Round. While (11) Ngurah Putra Muliawan play against (30) Alma Semmes of New Engollon. On the other hand, (24) Maria Sophia Lubis will facing Andrew Baumgartner of Krytenia who defeated her fellow friend, Oka Sulastra in the Second Round.

The forth match day will still feature the other half of Single and Double Competition. 3 Singles and 4 Doubles of Pemecutanian will be playing. In Single Competition, Kadek Adi Wiranatha will meet (27) Dioro Hansil of Ceni. While (8) Dewa Putu Adrian Putra will be playing against Trelven Garnet of Frenline Delpha. And (15) Luh Putu Yundari will facing Andrew Simmons of Electrum. In Double, (5) Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati will meet Shop Owner/Jason Harley of The Sword Bloke. Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi will be facing Abioye Ogedegbe/Enewezor Eboe-Osuji of Semarland. While (13) Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad will play against Martin Harthaway/Cole Klempt of Albaie. And (11) Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari will meet Owen Curtis/Hubert Sims also from Albaie.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:24 am

Q+A with Gredello and Levinsky
Previously...

Welcome all to the question and answer on /r/AMA on reddit! We are Sonya Gredello and Rosa Levinsky, Electrum's top tennis players in the doubles, Olympic gold medallists in the Women's Doubles in the Kytler Peninsulae and number one two pair in the world. Please, feel free to ask us any questions!

Abcdefghuncreativename +980
What is your number one tip to all those aspiring tennis players who want to be just like you two?

To be honest, it's going to sound really, really cliche but you need to really enjoy tennis and cherish it to do well in it. There's no point in wanting to be World Number 1 if you don't like tennis in the first place - SG

Keep practising on the fundamentals. Even the pros sometimes forget about it- RL

Notsocreepy +900
How do you drill through those tough matches, especially in Krytenia?

It's definitely a new challenge trying to play five setters in doubles in Krytenia. I think it's the only grand slam to do so... It's more exhausting and training, which is why I've thanked the lord for those inbuilt rest days. I would not be able to handle it well - SG

Yeah, same as Sonya really. It's doubles so it's half the work, but then again, it's double the attention. You need to stay focused because you never know when someone tries to hit it in your face (as happened when Gerrard hit me just yesterday) - RL

Alfafamuncher +846
Sonya, this one's for you (Sorry Rosa!) but as a doubles player, do you often feel like what would have been had you chosen to stick with singles?

Actually, I've been thinking a lot about it lately. Back in the day when the ATP was still in it's infancy, not many people know this, but I was Electrum's top singles player as well. It was a really tough choice, but after winning a few tournaments here with Rosa, I kinda decided that it would be better for me to focus on the doubles. It's less taxing, and I get to play tennis with my best friend in the world!

Cyclone_Ge0rge +813
Aside from your loss in the Cenial Masters to an Andromedan pair, you two have only lost to other Electrumites, namely Levitt/Smith in Hamilton and the Cassingtons in Britonisea. How on earth do they keep beating you, whereas the other teams in the multiverse seem to never do so?

Woah, really! What a nice observation, I've never realised that. Well, it's only two more months until the year ends, but I wouldn't want to jynx it yet - SG

I guess it stems from us constantly training and practising with them. Like we're still friendly with those on tour, especially the Xal sisters, but not as close as to training with them (imagine that, the top two teams training with each other!), but we do train with our fellow Electrumites. I guess they get used to our style, and that allows them to adapt on the court - RL

Fork +759
Who are the rising stars in tennis so far, and who are your closest friends in tennis?

We definitely think that the rising star of Electrum tennis is definitey Carmichael Brown. He only debuted in the Astyrian Series this year, and he's already climbed his way up to the top twenty, much faster than any other Electrumite. Our closest friends would be ourselves. Just kidding. Probably Joan Levitt and Deanne Smith, we go shopping with each other all the time! - SG and RL

32849242384923 +723
What things are you still trying to improve on?

How do we know you're not a spy for the Xal sisters...? Just kidding! LOL! Um, It would be the serve for me. - RL

I would say... hm, that's a tough one. Probably my two-handed backhand needs more practise so that it's absolutely perfect - SG
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:22 am

The Real Players of Britonisea

After Round Two Top Half Match...

Jason, Peter and Abi all walked monotonously to the locker room. They looked at each other with total disappointment. They all looked around the stadiums in the complex in Krytenia. "Wow" whispered a lethargic Abi Forrest. She played a five set match, only to lose it. She sat on a bench outside the main stadiums; unaware that a crowd of people started waving at the tennis star. "Never near, Never Far." Abi whispered again. She looked up at the built Peter and Jason as they took a seat next to her. They dropped their racquets on the floor and they all looked at each other. The Britonish Tennis Coach, Timothy, walked up to them and put his hands on his hips. The three looked at Timothy in horror. Timothy was almost in a trance. He couldn't quite understand the fault that these three caused. The road was over for them; the road was over for Britonisea. Timothy, after three minutes of intense staring, opened his mouth only to be interrupted by a jolly Master Larry, Peter's brother. "Shop Owner is not bad at tennis, but I think he needs to stick to singing" laughed Master as he sat next to his brother. "It was a hard five set match, but I did it, and now I am far in the contest! Third Round! Wicked! Brother, how did you go?" Master looked at Peter. Peter looked at Larry. "How did what go? My three set defeat? It went pretty" responded the salty brother sarcastically. Master's face dropped. "That's sad. I am sorry for you." Master then got up and walked away looking at Timothy. Timothy smiled at Master which made Master smile too. However, he then decided to walk even faster away to avoid any more anger. Timothy looked at Jason, "Jason, It is your first grand slam so I can forgive you for that. But you can't afford to have three set loses." Jason nodded and walked away from the rest. Abi and Peter, two experienced players who should have no reason not to do well, looked at Timothy as if it was their last minute on Earth. "I think it is time for you guys to quit Tennis." Timothy commented bluntly. Abi's face lit up as Peter smirked. "What? Timothy! I love tennis, I can't just give it up!" Abi started to cry as Peter took her in his arms. "I am going to quit for Badminton, I done well in The Olympics; and I think I can continue a career there." nodded Peter with intentions in his head already. Abi looked at Peter. "Why?"

Meanwhile, Dayde, Elizabeth and Lance (The others left in the bottom half) sat slurping a fatty milkshake in the swanky restaurant across the road from the complex. "I am doomed." commented Dayde. It was the first time he got in to the Second Round of a Major tournament. "I am playing a Cenian" he started to hyperventilate. Elizabeth and Lance glanced at each other and chuckled. Dayde snapped out of hyperventilating and spoke, "It's alright for you two because a Britonish will go to the next round. I mean, you will follow Master to the third round." he rolled his eyes. "Well, even if I and Lizzy are playing each other, we still think you could beat your opponent. It takes time and skill, and you've gotten so far, Dayde. There is no point to give up now. It is such a crucial part of the tournament, you are very near to the Quarter Finals. So near." Lance puffed out. "Think about the chance you've gotten! Think about Leo Garry. Poor boy, rupturing his spleen or whatever it is." Dayde looked at Lance with confusion. "He is still playing...Anyways, Elizabeth, how do I win?" Dayde asked as Elizabeth laughed. "I don't know. There isn't a manual on how to win a tournament, nor is there a manual to win a Cenian, you just go out there and expect to win, to win." Elizabeth nodded as Dayde smiled. "How do you feel about playing each other?" questioned Dayde, squinting his eyes. Lance spoke, "I am nervous, but one of us has to go through." Elizabeth then spoke as she pats Lance's back. "I know, Lance will be kicked out of the second Round and I will go through but I am sure that Lance won't mind, right Lance!?" Lance gave Elizabeth a dirty look.

"I don't understand Ricardo. Why does Lance think I've injured myself?" asked Leo. Ricardo looked at Leo with sorrow. "I am sorry for your loss" he replied, getting a slap from Leo. "Right, I have to practise with Lizzy so I can succeed against my match with Devonta, I believe. "Yep, I must practise with Lance to be honest but I think he has more time with Lizzy then he has with me." Ricardo paused. Leo went red. "This is funny. Each of our partners are going against each other." Ricardo and Leo laughed and took a sip of juice from the fridge in their hotel. "Now," started Leo "My plan to beat USD involves hitting the ball straight for the nuts and th-" Leo was interrupted, "They're both ladies." snorted Ricardo. "Oh right," remembered Leo, "Okay, new plan, hit above them." Leo grinned. "No, No. My strategy against the Cassingtons is to simply, give them to good looks. Maybe I could hypnotise them or something" Ricardo rubbed his chin. "I am awesome like that" he commented. "Well, maybe next year" Leo smiled patting Ricardo's head. "Electrum tennis these days" they laughed.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Darkness surrounds that long tunnel
Towards the light -
No candle flickers, no fire burns, no torch
Lights the way except the
Light that guides your soul
Through the all-consuming darkness

O candle! Come burn in this void
Of darkness without light
Do not extinguish!
Let your fire burn in this void, let
Your scent and heat expand to
Fill it, fill this void of darkness
With your glowing light!

O fire! Come warm this void
of darkness without light
Do not extinguish!
Fill the void with heat,
Fill this void with light -
Warm and glowing, spreading
All around, leaving no place
Untouched in your expanse!

O torch! Come enter this void
Of darkness without light
Do not extinguish!
Fill the void with your burning light,
Guide the way to those
Who cannot find their own
Leave your embers scattered
Around, flaming remnants
Of the void you fill
With your glowing light!

O candle!
O fire!
O torch!
Come help the light that
Guides your soul
Through the all-consuming darkness
And give it -
Give the void -
Light!
One light is not enough -
Spread light throughout
This dark expanse, do not
Let the darkness take over
Do not let your soul's light
Go alone in the darkness!
Last edited by Ceni on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:01 pm

The Rise of Boom Boom

Maybe it was the sky blue seats. Maybe it was the crowd getting behind him. Maybe he just caught his opponent on an off day. Whatever it was, Andrew Baumgartner wrote himself into tennis history today as the first player to record a triple bagel score at the TOCAO tournament here in Emberton.

Baumgartner, like countryman Stephen Perez, is known for his big serve; on the lush (but not too lush) turf of Celesta Court, he hit his mark with deadly accuracy time and again. Never mind not having an answer, we're not even sure poor Oka Sulastra even understood the question. A host of unforced errors in the first set led to Baumgartner taking him to the cleaners, and though the second set was a little more even, Sulastra couldn't make his serve or his returns count. A couple of advantages were as close as the Permecutan player got, and two sets were done and dusted inside forty minutes. The match was over in less than an hour as Sulastra's game collapsed entirely and he won only three points in the entire third set. Six-love, six-love, six-love was the humiliating scoreline, and Baumgartner, dubbed "Boom Boom" by the KBS commentators after a 144mph howitzer whizzed past his opponent, will be off to the third round. There he will face another player from Permecutan in the form of twenty-fourth seed Maria Sophia Lubis. One would expect that match to be somewhat more challenging.

Show Court Order Of Play - Day Four

MEDAL
[1] Ella Xal / Fia Xal (CEN) v Utanjila Fransijk / Urla Weaslucantopaf (SPA)
[4] Johmer Vales (CEN) v Salafran Garter (FND)
[8] Dewa Putu Adrian Puta (PCU) v Trelven Garnet (FND)

OLYMPUS
[18] Stephen Perez (KRY) v Brianna Powell (KAN)
[5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU) v Shop Owner / Jason Harley (TSB)
[1] Ardil Navsal (CEN) v Hunter Roberts (ETM)

NORTH
[5] Lonus Varalin (CEN) v Dayde Aberton (BRI)
[15] Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) v Andrew Simmons (ETM)
[7] Mia Cassington / Maya Cassington (ETM) v Lance Mance / Ricardo Toli (BRI)

SOUTH
[12] Samuel Gates / Greg Meares (ETM) v Brianna Powell / Samantha Howell (KAN)
[14] Marla Gerard (NEG) v Sarah Yon (USD)
[10] Will Nolovor / Kell Korden (CEN) v Martin Staples / Trinity Serenity (FND)

Celesta Court is not in use today.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:33 pm

SINGLES - Round Two

Section E
[4] Johmer Vales (CEN)            6   3   6   6
Salafran Garter (FND) 0 6 3 4

Leo Harkman (WPG) 6 6 6 7
Mattas Hasantos (SPA) 2 4 7 6

Tyrus Vansilchantorsila (SPA) 3 4 6 6 3
Neia Dovan (CEN) 6 6 3 4 6

Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) 6 6 6
Andred Holgersson (COS) 2 2 1

Section F
[5] Lonus Varalin (CEN)           6   6   6
Dayde Aberton (BRI) 3 4 1

[27] Dioro Hansil (CEN) 3 6 6 1 6
Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) 6 0 3 6 2

[14] Marla Gerard (NEG) 4 6 6 6
Sarah Yon (USD) 6 4 2 4

Anthony Nguyen (USD) 7 2 7 6
Maya Cassington (ETM) 6 6 5 4

Section G
[8] Dewa Putu Adrian Puta (PCU)   6   6   6
Trelven Garnet (FND) 0 2 1

[19] Charles Sayer (USD) 2 6 6 7
Idrissa Sylla (SEM) 6 4 3 6

Janos Kristovskis (RTM) 7 3 1 6 6
Nelson Pryce (ABA) 5 6 6 3 2

[25] Lance Mance (BRI) 6 2 2 3
Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 3 6 6 6

Section H
[1] Ardil Navsal (CEN)            7   3   0   6   6
Hunter Roberts (ETM) 5 6 6 3 4

[26] Danjiella Zovic (NEG) 6 6 6 6 6
Frankie Brown (ABA) 2 7 7 4 1

[15] Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 6 7 3 5 6
Andrew Simmons (ETM) 3 6 6 7 4

[18] Stephen Perez (KRY) 7 6 7
Brianna Powell (KAN) 6 4 6

Round Three Draw

Ruben Munoz (ABA) v Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU)
[11] Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) v [30] Alma Semmes (NEG)
Andrew Baumgartner (KRY) v [24] Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU)
Master Larry (BRI) v [17] Elizabeth Hines (USD)
Samantha Howell (KAN) v [23] Samuel Gates (ETM)
Gina Jeorge (FND) v [22] Marisa Maradona (CEN)
James Nelson (GRA) v David Ortiz (USD)
[13] Paul Quiront (NEG) v [29] Patrick Park (ABA)
[4] Johmer Vales (CEN) v Leo Harkman (WPG)
Neia Dovan (CEN) v Rog Ion Tralito (NTN)
[5] Lonus Varalin (CEN) v [27] Dioro Hansil (CEN)
[14] Marla Gerard (NEG) v Anthony Nguyen (USD)
[8] Dewa Putu Adrian Puta (PCU) v [19] Charles Sayer (USD)
Janos Kristovskis (RTM) v Elizabeth Quehall (BRI)
[1] Ardil Navsal (CEN) v [26] Danjiella Zovic (NEG)
[15] Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) v [18] Stephen Perez (KRY)

DOUBLES - Round Two

Section C
[1] Ella Xal / Fia Xal (CEN)                      1   4   6   7   6
Utanjila Fransijk / Urla Weaslucantopaf (SPA) 6 6 1 6 3

[12] Samuel Gates / Greg Meares (ETM) 4 7 4 7 7
Brianna Powell / Samantha Howell (KAN) 6 5 6 5 9

[5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 6 3 6 3 6
Shop Owner / Jason Harley (TSB) 3 6 2 6 4

[10] Will Nolovor / Kell Korden (CEN) 6 4 2 4
Martin Staples / Trinity Serenity (FND) 4 6 6 6

Section D
Eka Putrawan / Dwi Ratmadi (PCU)                  1   7   6   3   6
Abioye Ogedegbe / Enwezor Eboe-Osuji (SEM) 6 5 3 6 3

[13] Ilham Nugraha / Jayadi Ahmad (PCU) 4 6 3 7 3
Martin Hathaway / Cole Klempt (WPG) 6 2 6 6 6

[7] Mia Cassington / Maya Cassington (ETM) 2 6 7 6
Lance Mance / Ricardo Toli (BRI) 6 3 6 4

[11] Oka Sulastra / Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 6 2 6 4
Owen Curtis / Hubert Sims (ABA) 7 6 2 6

Round Three Draw
[2] Sonya Gredello / Rosa Levinsky (ETM) v [9] Ellela Thotan / Ciache Nagya (CEN)
[6] Leo Garry / Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) v [15] Fradina Johnson / Isabella Lopez (USD)
Owen Simmons / Perry Walsh (KRY) v Paul Quiront / Thierry Garzala (NEG)*
Hunter Roberts / Carmichael Brown (ETM) v Harvey Steele / Bob Cannon (ABA)
[1] Ella Xal / Fia Xal (CEN) v Brianna Powell / Samantha Howell (KAN)
[5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU) v Martin Staples / Trinity Serenity (FND)
Eka Putrawan / Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) v Martin Hathaway / Cole Klempt (WPG)
[7] Mia Cassington / Maya Cassington (ETM) v Owen Curtis / Hubert Sims (ABA)

(* - match will be Third Party scorinated)
Last edited by Krytenia on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Witty Penguins
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Witty Penguins » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:50 pm

THE UNITIA CITY TIMES

TOCAO Quick Summary: Can the successes in Round 2 be repeated?

5 October 2015

On Saturday, Leo Harkman and the doubles pair of Martin Hathaway & Cole Klempt surprised many Penguinish supporters by successfully making it to the 2nd Round of TOCAO, after being the only Penguinites to make it past the 1st Round. On Saturday they surprised again with further victories securing them places in the 3rd Round. Today audiences will be watching to see if they can continue their string of sucesses, and go forth into the Round of 16.

Harkman played Spartaned's Mattas Hasantos in his Section E match, the winner of which would go on to face no. 4 ranked Johmer Vales of Ceni. The 27 year-old easily took the first set 6-2, before taking the next set 6-4. The next set saw Hasantos put up a stronger fight, narrowly taking the third set 6-7. But Harkman was able to seal the Spartaned player's fate by taking the final set 7-6, another close fight. In the doubles section, Martin Hathaway and Cole Klempt's Section D match against the Pemecutan pair of Ilham Nugraha and Jayadi Ahmad, ranked no. 13 in the world. Hathaway and Klempt had to fight a longer match, with every set won, came a set lost. The pair took the first set 4-6, before Nugraha and Ahmad took the following set 6-2. It was the same in the next two sets: 3-6 to the Penguinish side, but their opponents still hanging on with a narrow 7-6 victory. With the next set deciding the winner, neither side could afford to fall now. Hathaway and Klempt, able to make a last push, ended the Pemecutan side's campaign with a 6-3 victory. Their 3rd Round match today will certainly be easier than Harkman's one against Vales, playing another Pemecutan pair, Eka Putrawan & Dwi Ratmadi. However, this may also be a chance for their opponents to avenge their fellow countrypeople's defeat last week.

With the weaker players being whittled out of the tournament, the competition is only going to get harder for the remaining Penguinish players. Whether they can handle the pressure or not, we can only find out in time.
Office of the President
Government House, Unitia City

THE ARCTIC REPUBLIC OF WITTY PENGUINS
Established November 9, 1901
- ✷ -
Ice Hockey - NZEL Season 27 Champions (Unitia City Wanderers)
Football - nothing yet

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Another 4 to The Third Round
Emberton, Krytenia

Another 4 Pemecutanian players advance to the Third Round of TOCAO Grand Slam after defeated their respective opponents in the forth match day. These combine a total of 7 players that will compete in next Third Round. But the result was spoiled by the lost of 11th seed, Oka Sulasatra/Luh Putu Yundari and 13th seed, Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad in Double Competition.

Meeting (27) Dioro Hansil of Ceni, Kadek Adi Wiranatha was an underdog. But surprisingly he able to shock Hansil and take the first set by 6-3. But Hansil then control the match in the second match. Didn't give room for Wiranatha to improve, he surrender by 0-6. Hansil continue to dominate although Wiranatha able to gain his performance in the third set. He able to steal more games but in the end he still losing it. Wiranatha makes a breakthrough in the forth set. He able to difficult Hansil and dominate the set. Hansil only able to steal 1 game before Wiranatha win it by 6-1. But his performance was a short life. Hansil turned the table and control the fifth match from the start. Hansil lead fast by 4-0 before Wiranatha able to steal 1 game. Hansil continue to performed greatly with a slight mistake in the 7th set. But Hansil eventually comes out as the winner.

In Section G, (8) Dewa Putu Adrian Putra didn't get much trouble when facing Trelven Garnet of Frenline Delpha. He dominate the match from the start while Garnet unable to find his right performance. Putra crushed Garnet in the first set by 6-0. In the second set, Garnet try to overcome his bad performance. Little by little he able to improve and steal some games from Putra. But Putra still control the overall set and win it by 6-2. Following the third set, Putra lead fast by 3-0 before his netting mistake cost him 1 game. But Putra rise back and grab the next 3 games to win the set and the match.

The last single to play is (15) Luh Putu Yundari who met Andrew Simmons of Electrum. The match was hard and went through 5 sets. Yundari able to control the first set and play nicely in order to lead. She win it by 6-3. But Simmons able to counter her great performance and difficult her in the second set. The set went through 6-6 tie break. With a tight tie break result, Yundari eventually win. In the third set, Yundari seems to be a little tone down her performance. Simmons takes the opportunity to shine and outplayed her. Simmons eventually win 6-3. Yundari try to take back her lost in the third set. But her play still can be read by Simmons. The forth set went through 5-5 deuce. And with bad forehance by Yundari, she lost the set to Simmons. Yundari try to be more focus on her performance and control the set from the start. But Simmons still on the rise and able to counter her shot. Fortunately, Simmons bad netting in the 10th game bared him to force 5-5 deuce and give Yundari the victory.

In Double Competition, (5) Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati played a hard 5 sets match against Shop Owner/Jason Harley of The Sword Bloke. Antari/Andreawati control the first set and able to win it by 6-3. But in the second set, they lost their performance which makes Owner/Harley able to make it even. Antari/Andreawati performance was not steady during the match which makes them in difficult position after the forth set. Antari/Andreawati try to maintain their focus on the match and on each other. They communicate nicely and working together in the same rhyme. Although Owner/Harley still able to outplay them once in a while, but Antari/Andreawati eventually conclude the match with a win.

While in Section D, Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi continue their great performance after defeated 4th seed, Coosal Darlcheri/Gyrachor Rentos in the first set. But heir slight over confidence cost them the first set to Abioye Ogedegbe/Enwezor Eboe-Osuji of Semarland. Putrawan/Ratmadi rise up in the second set and although Ogedegbe/Eboe-Osuji continue to difficult them, the Pemecutanian pair able to win the second set after 5-5 deuce. Putrawan/Ratmadi continue their good performance in the third set and outplayed Ogedegbe/Eboe-Osuji. The Semarland pair still able to difficult them and constantly push 40-40 deuce in each game. But Putrawan/Ratmadi give a great finished which makes them win the third set. But the situation turn upside down in the forth set. Putrawan/Ratmadi gets trouble to maintain their performance and makes numerous errors. This opportunity was taken by Ogedegbe/Eboe-Osuji who immediately control the set and win it to make the match more tense. In the final set, Putrawan/Ratmadi try to makes up their mistake in the forth set. They play more nicely and careful which give them the opportunity to gradually take the set from Ogedegbe/Eboe-Osuji. Putrawan/Ratmadi eventually win the final set and advance to the next round.

A shocking lost coming from (13) Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad and (11) Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari. Both double lost from their opponents. Nugraha/Ahmad have to went through a tight 5 sets match before surrender to Martin Hathaway/Cole Klempt of Albaie (4-6, 6-2, 3-6, 7-6 and 3-6). While Sulastra/Yundari was crushed in 4 sets match against Owen Curtis/Hubert Sims also from Albaie (6-7, 2-6, 6-2 and 4-6).

The Round 3 will be played after one day of resting with only Single Competition that will be held. While the Double Round 16 will be held in the next 2 days. A total of 5 single players and 2 double teams that still going to play in TOCAO Grand Slam. All Pemecutanian seeded players in Single competition are still in the tournament while only 1 seeded double that still in the tournament. And below is the complete list;
Round 3
Single Competition

Ruben Munoz (ABA) vs Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU)
(11) Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) vs (30) Alma Semmes (NEG)
Andrew Baumgartner (KRY) vs (24) Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU)

(8) Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) vs (19) Charles Sayer (USD)
(15) Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) vs (18) Stephen Perez (KRY)

Round of 16
Double Competition

(5) Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) vs Martin Staples/Trinity Serenity (FND)
Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) vs Martin Hathaway/Cole Klempt (ABA)
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:11 am

My PC has up and died on me. Scorination is on hold until repair or replacement becomes available.

Additionally, one match in R2 requires a resim as the wrong player was advanced from R1.

Sorry.

UPDATE: New PC, so will scorinate in the next hour or so.

Resimmed match:

[9] Malcolm Press (ETM)           6   7   3   6
Nelson Pryce (ABA) 4 6 6 3

Malcolm Press will face Elizabeth Quehall in Round Three.
Last edited by Krytenia on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:06 pm

SINGLES - Round Three

Section E
Ruben Munoz (ABA)                    1   3   6
Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU) 6 6 7

[11] Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 6 6 5 6
[30] Alma Semmes (NEG) 4 2 7 2

Andrew Baumgartner (KRY) 6 3 4 3
[24] Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) 1 6 6 6

Master Larry (BRI) 5 6 5 3
[17] Elizabeth Hines (USD) 7 3 7 6

Samantha Howell (KAN) 6 6 1 6 3
[23] Samuel Gates (ETM) 7 4 6 2 6

Gina Jeorge (FND) 1 0 6 5
[22] Marisa Maradona (CEN) 6 6 3 7

James Nelson (GRA) 3 1 6 2
David Ortiz (USD) 6 6 3 6

[13] Paul Quiront (NEG) 7 4 2 3
[29] Patrick Park (ABA) 5 6 6 6

[4] Johmer Vales (CEN) 6 3 1 6 6
Leo Harkman (WPG) 1 6 6 2 4

Neia Dovan (CEN) 5 6 6 4 6
Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) 7 4 3 6 4

[5] Lonus Varalin (CEN) 4 1 6 6 6
[27] Dioro Hansil (CEN) 6 6 3 4 3

[14] Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 6 6 7
Anthony Nguyen (USD) 4 4 7 5

[8] Dewa Putu Adrian Puta (PCU) 6 4 6 2
[19] Charles Sayer (USD) 7 6 4 6

[9] Malcolm Press (ETM) 6 6 6 6 3
Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 0 7 1 7 6

[1] Ardil Navsal (CEN) 7 6 7
[26] Danjiella Zovic (NEG) 5 3 5

[15] Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 0 6 6 3 4
[18] Stephen Perez (KRY) 6 2 1 6 6

Round Four Draw

Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU) v [11] Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU)
[24] Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) v [17] Elizabeth Hines (USD)
[23] Samuel Gates (ETM) v [22] Marisa Maradona (CEN)
David Ortiz (USD) v [29] Patrick Park (ABA)
[4] Johmer Vales (CEN) v Neia Dovan (CEN)
[5] Lonus Varalin (CEN) v [14] Marla Gerard (NEG)
[19] Charles Sayer (USD) v Elizabeth Quehall (BRI)
[1] Ardil Navsal (CEN) v [18] Stephen Perez (KRY)*

(* - match will be Third Party scorinated)
Last edited by Krytenia on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:25 am

3 Singles Left
Emberton, Krytenia

In the continuation of TOCAO Grand Slam tournament, 3 Pemecutanian singles advance to the Fourth Round after defeated their opponents. But a shocking result coming from 8th seed, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra who have to leave the tournament early after being defeated by 19th seed, Charles Sayer of United States of Devonta.

The first single to advance is Ayu Ratih Kemalasari who defeated Ruben Munoz of Albaie in 3 sets match. Kemalasari win easily in the first set by only give Munoz little chance to explore his play and performance. Munoz could only steal 1 game in the first set. Kemalasari continue to maintain her performance but this time Munoz were more prepared. He able to difficult Kemalasari a few times and more games then he did in the first set. But Kemalasari still able to win the second set by 6-3. Munoz give a tight fight in the third set and try to pursue a win in this set. He able to force 6-6 tie break. Munoz seems to be more depressed in the tie-break that couldn't keep up his performance. Kemalasari eventually win by 7-3 and claim the victory.

The second match was between (11) Ngurah Putra Muliawan against (30) Alma Semmes of Neu Engollon. The match was played in a tight pace with both player showed their great performance. In the first set, the situation were very balance that both player ended in 4-4 position. Muliawan able to steal the 9th game to lead by 5-4. But Semmes wide backhand cost her the 10th game and give Muliawan the victory. In the second set, Muliawan lead fast by 3-0 before Semmes able to steal 1 game. He continue to control the match and give Semmes little room to improve her performance. Muliawan eventually take the second set by 6-2. Semmes was left behind in early third set. But she able to catch up and with steady performance, she able to force 5-5 deuce. Muliawan get out of guard in the 11th game which makes him lost it. The 12th game lead to 40-40 deuce. But Muliawan bad netting give Semmes the victory. In the fourth set, Muliawan didn't want to let his guard down again. He take control of the match and lead the way until 5-1 position. Semmes able to steal the 7th game to halt Muliawan's victory but the 8th game was for Muliawan. He eventually win the match and advance to the fourth round.

The third player to advance is (24) Maria Sophia Lubis who defeated host player, Andrew Baumgartner. Baumgartner shocked the seeded player by taking the first set quite easily. But Lubis able to turn the table and dominate the match ever since. Lubis only give away 3 games to Baumgartner in the second set bfore claim her victory. In the third set, Lubis nice drop shot barred Baumgartner in order to force 5-5 deuce which also give her the set. In the fourth set, Lubis played more clam and remain focus. Although Baumgartner able to difficult her a few times but Lubis able to finished the set by 6-3 and eventually advance to the next round.

A shocked result coming from (8) Dewa Putu Adrian Putra who lost from (19) Charles Sayer of United States of Devonta. The first set went in a tight pace after both player didn't want to back down their performance. The set went through 6-6 tie break which eventually win by Charles Sayer with 8-6 tie break points. Sayer continue his superiority but Putra still have the power to balance his performance. But again, a failed attempt in the 10th game makes him lost the set to Sayer. In the third set, Putra struggling hard to be able to maintain his performance and controlling the set which eventually fruits as victorious. But the situation was short life. Sayer able to retake control of the match and successfully outplayed Putra. He able to tackled his every moves. At the end Sayer win the set by 6-2 and advance to the next round.

Another hard and tight match also performed by Luh Putu Yundari. The 15th seed played against (18) Stephen Perez of Krytenia. Perez shocked Yundari in the first set by outplayed her easily. Perez didn't give Yundari a chance to improve and lost by 0-6. Yundari turn back the table and take the next 2 sets quite easily by 6-2 and 6-1. But Perez back to his performance and able to regain his control over the match. He successfully defeated Yundari by 6-3 and 6-4 to claim the victory over Yundari and advance to the next round.

With this result, 3 Pemecutanian players are still continue playing in the tournament. In the Fourth Round, Ayu Ratih Kemalasari will meet fellow friends and 11th seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan. While (24) Maria Sophia Lubis will meet (17) Elizabeth Hines of United States of Devonta. On the next day, it's time for Pemecutanian double teams who will play in Round of 16. Only 2 teams left. 5th seed, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati who will facing Martin Staples/Trinity Serenity of Frenline Delpha. And shocking sensation, Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi who will meet Martin Hathaway/Cole Klempt of Albaie.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Boom Boom Bust

He gave it his all, but the dream is sadly over for Andrew "Boom Boom" Baumgartner. The Krytenian had eased through to the third round, but with Maria Sophia Lubis waiting in the wings, it was never going to be an easy task. Baumgartner, though, clearly hadn't read the script. He stormed out of the blocks, broke Lubis twice, and took the first set six-one. The setback seemed to pull the Permecutan player into her "zone", though, and Lubis stormed back to take the next set. Baumgartner kept his head high, and at five-all was in a good position to challenge for the third set; sadly, though, he was unable to break his opponent, who then broke him in the final game to lead two sets to one. The Krytenian was more subdued - though never out of the game - in the fourth set as Lubis' class shone through. She'll face Elizabeth Hines of Devonta in the next round.

"The Ultimate Challenge"

Better news, though, for Stephen Perez. The eighteenth seed, born only a couple of miles from the Olympic Tennis Centre, is through to the last sixteen after a hard-fought victory over Luh Putu Yundari. The game swung back and forth, with Perez taking the first set to love before Yundari took the next two. Perez hit back to level the match before taking the crucial set with a beautiful drop shot to break serve in the ninth game. Perez, though, is looking forward to what he calls the "ultimate challenge of the game" - taking on number one seed Ardil Navsal. With Cenians struggling all over the place in the tournament, and with a cyan throng of followers behind him, it may be Navsal who needs to be up for the challenge.

TODAYS ORDER OF PLAY

MEDAL
[1] Ella Xal / Fia Xal (CEN) v Brianna Powell / Samantha Howell (KAN)
Owen Simmons / Perry Walsh (KRY) v Paul Quiront / Thierry Garzala (NEG)
[5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU) v Martin Staples / Trinity Serenity (FND)

OLYMPUS
[6] Leo Garry / Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) v [15] Fradina Johnson / Isabella Lopez (USD)
[2] Sonya Gredello / Rosa Levinsky (ETM) v [9] Ellela Thotan / Ciache Nagya (CEN)
[7] Mia Cassington / Maya Cassington (ETM) v Owen Curtis / Hubert Sims (ABA)

CELESTA
Hunter Roberts / Carmichael Brown (ETM) v Harvey Steele / Bob Cannon (ABA)
Eka Putrawan / Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) v Martin Hathaway / Cole Klempt (WPG)

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:17 pm

DOUBLES - Round of Sixteen

[2] Sonya Gredello / Rosa Levinsky (ETM)        6   7   6
[9] Ellela Thotan / Ciache Nagya (CEN) 4 6 4

[6] Leo Garry / Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 2 1 6 6 8
[15] Fradina Johnson / Isabella Lopez (USD) 6 6 2 2 6

Owen Simmons/Perry Walsh (KRY) 6 6 3 6 7*
Paul Quiront/Thierry Garzala (NEG) 3 7 6 2 5*

Hunter Roberts / Carmichael Brown (ETM) 6 6 4 6
Harvey Steele / Bob Cannon (ABA) 3 2 6 2

[1] Ella Xal / Fia Xal (CEN) 6 1 7 7
Brianna Powell / Samantha Howell (KAN) 2 6 6 6

[5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 3 6 6 6
Martin Staples / Trinity Serenity (FND) 6 2 2 2

Eka Putrawan / Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 6 4 6 6 0
Martin Hathaway / Cole Klempt (WPG) 7 6 3 3 6

[7] Mia Cassington / Maya Cassington (ETM) 6 6 0 5 4
Owen Curtis / Hubert Sims (ABA) 1 4 6 7 6

* - scorinated by RK Quebec.

Quarter Final Draw
[2] Sonya Gredello / Rosa Levinsky (ETM) v [6] Leo Garry / Elizabeth Quehall (BRI)
Owen Simmons/Perry Walsh (KRY) v Hunter Roberts / Carmichael Brown (ETM)
[1] Ella Xal / Fia Xal (CEN) v [5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU)
Martin Hathaway / Cole Klempt (WPG) v Owen Curtis / Hubert Sims (ABA)
Last edited by Krytenia on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

"Neu Engollon. I’m your host Dom Toglani, and you’re watching the NETV Sports 19 Update. We are coming to you live from Emberton, Oxley District, Krytenia where the NETC team had been competing in the TOCAO Grand Slam. Once again, we are in that familiar place where every one of the Confederacy's players have been knocked out, but for one. Alma, Danjiella, Paul Quiront...All gone after some disappointing matches. Alma made it to 4 sets before crumbling in the last, unable to return most of Pemecutanian Muliawan's serves. Danjiella Zovic could only get to three sets before being stopped cold by Ceni's Ardil Navsal. Paul Quiront was tripped up and sent into one of his famous rages, hurling some choice words over the net, along with some lobs, to Witty Penguin Leo Harkman. One might not have known that there were that many rhymes for Penguin or Harkman.

One young woman is left standing for the NETC.
Marla Gerard carries the hopes of Neu Engollon tennis fans. To get any farther against the ATP's top stars, Marla will most certainly need to step up her game. She faces Ceni's Linus Varalin, a very worthy foe and possibly the end of the line for the darling from Western Neu Engollon. We hope everyone will watch and send positive vibes out to Marla."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:59 pm

One Sole in Double
Emberton, Krytenia

In the continuation of TOCAO Grand Slam which feature Round 16 of Double Competition, only 1 Pemecutanian team that advance to Quarter Final after Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati defeated their opponent. While shocking sensation, Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi have to end their great journey in the tournament after being defeated by Martin Hathaway/Cole Klempt of Witty Penguins. But it still noted that this is the highest accomplishment ever by the double.

Facing Martin Staples/Trinity Serenity of Frenline Delpha, Antari/Andreawati both given a higher stake to win the match. But they begin the match in a lousy performance. Staples/Serenity able to take these advantage and outplayed the 5th seed. Antari/Andreawati were struggling to keep up their performance with Staples/Serenity. And they give up the first set by 3-6. Antari/Andreawati build up their performance in the second set. Losing 2-0 at first, they storm back and lead far by 5-2. It seems that the Pemecutanian double team already back to their prime performance. In the 8th game, they win it in ease to secure the second set. Antari/Andreawati continue to dominate the match. They already find their rhythm and give difficult shot to Staples/Serenity. But although under pressure, Staples/Serenity still able to steal 1 or 2 games following the rest of the match. Antari/Andreawati eventually win the match and advance to Quarterfinal.

A slight disappointment coming from Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi. After a great success in the beginning of the tournament, they have to stop their journey early after losing from Martin Hathaway/Cole Klempt. The match was very tight. The first set end with tie-break which win by Hathaway/Klempt after a tight points. Hathaway/Klempt continue their victory after Ratmadi failed netting in the 10th game. But Putrawan/Ratmadi able to turn the table and take the next 2 sets with relatively easy. But Hathaway/Klempt back with full force in the final set. They didn't give Putrawan/Ratmadi time and space to improve and build up their performance. Hathaway/Klempt also give a great finished which makes the situation worsen for Pemecutanian double team. Eventually, Hathaway/Klempt take the final set with 6-0 and goes to Quarterfinal.

In the Quarterfinal, 5th seed, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati will get a hard time by facing 1st seed, Elia Xal/Fia Xal of Ceni. After their bad performance in New Oxford Masters, Xal Sisters might want to take the Grand Slam Trophy to claim their superiority in Double Competition.

While next match day will be the Single Competition time where 3 Pemecutanian players will be playing their match. Unfortunately, 2 of them will be facing each other. Ayu Ratih Kemalasari has to face 11th seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan. And whoever win will automatically secure one spot for Pemecutan in Quarterfinal of Single Competition. On the other hand, 24th seed, Maria Sophia Lubis will be playing against 17th seed, Elizabeth Hines of United States of Devonta.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Witty Penguins
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Witty Penguins » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:36 am

TOCAO Quick Summary: Harkman out, Hathaway & Klempt go to Quarters

7 October 2015

The journey for Leo Harkman in Krytenia's TOCAO finally came to an end yesterday - the last remaining Penguinish singles player was unable to overcome Ceni's Johmer Vales and progress to the 4th Round. The 27 year-old fought a long and spirited battle against his world no. 4 ranked opponent. Though Harkman suffered a thrashing in the first set, only securing a single point and losing 6-1 - he was successful in dominating the following two sets 3-6 1-6. However Vales was determined as well not to lose this battle, and in the end, the match went to him, winning the last two sets 6-2 6-4. Though his journey ends, it is sure to set a standard for other Penguinish to work towards.

"I would've loved to have gone further in the tournament, but I'm pleased at how far I managed to go nonetheless," Harkman said in his post-match interview.

"In terms of how new Penguinish tennis is, to get to Round 3 is a decent achievement, and I hope to improve on that result in my upcoming events."

Meanwhile in the doubles section, things seem to only get better and better for the team of Martin Hathaway and Cole Klempt, now through to the quarter finals. In their Round of Sixteen match against Pemecutan's Eka Putrawan & Dwi Ratmadi, the 28 and 23 year-old started off with a narrow 6-7 set victory. Both teams had tied 6-all, but the Penguinish pair skillfully seized a seventh set. This was followed with a slightly more convincing 4-6 victory, before Putrawan and Ratmadi came back into action, racing to two consectutive 6-3 victories. With the final set deciding the victor, Hathaway and Klempt pushed hard, not allowing the Pemecutan pair to gain a single point to win a convincing 0-6 set win. Their quarter final match will see them face Owen Curtis and Hubert Sims of Albaie - the winner of which will then go on to face either world no. 1 Ella & Fia Xal (Ceni), or no. 5 Komang Antari & Kadek Andreawati (Pemecutan) in the semi-finals.

"We're very stoked to have reached the quarter-finals, it's almost unbelievable," said Cole Klempt.

"To be honest we never expected to get this far, and don't think the supporters were either. But we're here, and we're determined to reach the semis. The finals would be a big ask, especially with the Xal pair in the mix. But who knows. It's possible."

Hathaway and Klempt's quarter final match will start tomorrow.
Office of the President
Government House, Unitia City

THE ARCTIC REPUBLIC OF WITTY PENGUINS
Established November 9, 1901
- ✷ -
Ice Hockey - NZEL Season 27 Champions (Unitia City Wanderers)
Football - nothing yet

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Dates With Destiny

Apparrently, Krytenians are good at doubles after all. Who knew?

Owen Simmons and Perry Walsh, the unheralded vanguard of Krytenia's doubles players, were in fine fetlle last night as they faced Paul Quiront and Thierry Garzala on Olympus Court. With both pairs upholding the pride of their respective nations in the competition, the scene was set for epic warfare - or at least, its tennis equivalent. Battle was joined as the two pairs exchanged the first five service games, then the breakthrough came as Walsh slammed an unstoppable drive past Quiront to take the sixth game at break of serve. The remaining games went to serve, leaving the Krytenians with a six-three win in the first.

The second was no quarter given, none asked. An early break from the Neu Engollon pair was met with an immediate break back from Simmons and Walsh, and with the rest of the set going to serve, it came to a tie-breaker. Garzala kept nerve on serve at 6-5, playing a magnificent ace to take the second. They used that momentum in the third, keeping an iron grip on their service game and breaking the Krytenians to take it six-three.

With their backs to the wall, Walsh and Simmons came out swinging. An early break gave them momentum, a second was breathing space, and six-two was the result, levelling us up and taking us to a decider. Neither side wanted to give much away, and eleven games all went to serve, allowing no room for mistakes. And then...and then Garzala put a serve into the net to complete a double fault, Walsh returned the next with pinpoint accuracy, Simmons ended a rally with a fine drop-shot...three match points. They only needed one. Simmons' return came back over the net from Quiront and went long, sending the 14,000 strong crowd into delirium. They'll need Wednesday off after that one.

One man, though, who will have a day at the office today, though, is Stephen Perez. The man is Krytenia's number one for a reason, and three players have already fallen foul of his excellent serve and volley play. Next up, though, is Ardil Navsal of Ceni. He's the best ranked player in the world for a reason; his game seems to have no weak spots. Perez will have to be on top of his game to even get a look in here; if he wins, the roof of Medal Court may just be rolling on down towards Oxley Park.

ORDER OF PLAY
MEDAL
[4] Johmer Vales (CEN) v Neia Dovan (CEN)
[23] Samuel Gates (ETM) v [22] Marisa Maradona (CEN)
[1] Ardil Navsal (CEN) v [18] Stephen Perez (KRY)*

OLYMPUS
[24] Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) v [17] Elizabeth Hines (USD)
[5] Lonus Varalin (CEN) v [14] Marla Gerard (NEG)
[19] Charles Sayer (USD) v Elizabeth Quehall (BRI)

CELESTA
David Ortiz (USD) v [29] Patrick Park (ABA)
Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU) v [11] Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU)

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:46 pm

commentary > tocao special
Xal Sisters Survive Spartaned Scare: As it Happened
... Retamga Ceynekal: Welcome to our live commentary of The Tennis Open Championships of Atlantian Oceania. I'm Retamga Ceynekal of Match Point and here in the studios with me is retired Cenian tennis great and founder of the tennis academy Judi Valemartin. Thanks for joining us as we cover the fourth set of one of the matches in the second round of doubles in the TOCAO tournament. We're in the last few games of the set as Elia and Fia Xal face Utanjila Fransijk and Urla Weaslucantopaf of Spartaned. The changeover has ended and Fransijk to serve. His team leads six to five in the set, serving for the match.

Judi Valemartin: To me, this is a huge shock. I would have never expected Elia and Fia to be down a break in the fourth set of a large tournament and about to lose the entire match. Sure, there have been some upsets involving them over this past year, but they've been consistent, serving well, especially volleying well. This is totally a shock to me and I think the Xals need to step up their game and be a little more confident.

RC: On that point, I think one of the reasons Sonya Gredello and Rosa Levinsky have never ever suffered these upsets in the past - not usually until the quarterfinals at least - is there confidence, they always know that they will win in straight sets beforehand. No team - besides the Xals, really - is honestly able to challenge them, especially in their part of the draw. It looks like the Xals are the only one to stop them in their tracks but it looks like they will go down here.

JV: Heading back to the actual match itself, Fransijk - how do you pronounce that -

RC: Frans-ike -

JV: has a really weak serve. It lands out - gosh, with this quality I'm surprised they're not off the court already! - and as Fransijk serves, Elia Xal tries a sneaky return - she drop shots it cross court, right in the alley. Fransijk can't get to that return - it's too good. That's one of the reasons why the Xals are number one, ladies and gentlemen, that great variety of shots that the Xals have at their disposal. They pulled that one out of their bag of tricks quite nicely, the players from Spartaned couldn't get it. I don't think I could have gotten it myself.

RC: Love-fifteen, Fransijk serving. Fia Xal to receive now - she doesn't have the audacity to hit the short ball up but instead moves up on the second serve after a fault there. She slams it into the alley for a clean winner. That looks like it had some influence from the sisters' singles careers, in fact Elia Xal had a fairly successful singles career in the formative days of the ATP. She was once seeded at a Grand Slam and reached the third round of the Cenian Open at the very beginning.

JV: At love thirty, the Xals are putting pressure of Fransijk's serve - it looks like they're going to a tiebreak here.

RC: That may be a little premature as Elia Xal - possibly the less confident of the two - beans an easy return way out. Fifteen-thirty.

JV: Or it may not be, Retamga, as Fia Xal heads toward the net on a decent return; Weaslucantopaf - ugh! that's a mouthful - weas-loo-can-to-paf - gives ample opportunity for Elia Xal to poach, she smashes an overhead down onto Fransijk to win the point and create a possibility for a break - fifteen forty. Retamga, I want to know what your opinion is on the match tie-break and no-ad systems that have been used in the doubles more recently.

RC:: Well, Judi, I know they weren't used when you were playing earlier but today I think that they're good at making doubles a little more accessible, a little more exciting - with the extra tension of the points - especially at the smaller tournaments where the doubles aren't exactly the most popular event. Moving on to the game, it looks like an exchange at the net for the control of the point but Fia Xal wins the break to send us to a tiebreak session here with a nicely placed forehand topspin lob. Well done.

JV: There's some sporadic cheering from the crown - it seems like a tepid response to me, but I think they're more in favor of the Cenians at this point even though the Krytenians love to root for the underdogs. Boy, the underdogs have given quite a fight in this match so far, taking the first set six to one. Elia Xal to serve as we head into the tiebreak. I think myself that Elia is a better server but Fia is the better volleyer of the two - what do you think?

RC: I'd agree with that statement; the party goes on as the teams get ready to head to the tiebreak. Elia Xal serves, very powerful down the T as Fia adopts an aggressive stance right near the T as well ready to smush down any volleys that might come her way. The formation works: Weaslucantopaf - that mouthful, you were right Judi! - tries to send the ball down the alley but Fia sends a drop volley to the right service box, to the right of the court as opposed to where Weaslu-whats-his-name was pulled to the left. It's a good winner. One-nil.

JV: Weasle topaz - no that's not it - Weaslucantopaf. I apologize to those listeners from Spartaned as I can't pronounce those names as all. Weaslucantopaf serves to Fia Xal, who just barely touches it running up and has to lob it above Frandijk to even get to the ball. Frandijk smashes to Elia; Elia lobs again. Weaslucantopaf smashes down the middle for a winner - in the middle solves the riddle, as they say.

RC: Elia's getting a little nervous here, she nets the ball. Ouch for the Xals, but we're still on serve here during the tiebreaker.

JV: It's the less effective formation here - with the worst server and the worst volleyer here. However Elia can still hit her volleys well so it's not much of a problem. Fia serves - fault. Her second serve is right to the edge of the court so it draws Frandijk out to the side. Elia sends the ball down the middle and behind Weaslucantopaf for a good winner. Good shot, guys.

RC: Elia and Fia are still being quite aggressive but Frandijk and Weaslucantopaf won't bite the line as the two teams trade a couple of groundstrokes. The paradigm is unshifted until Elia knockes a volley into Frandijk. He volleys back to Fia, who sends a forehand into the alley for a winner, bit startling Frandijk. Still on serve at three two.

JV: Now for Frandijk to serve - probably the weakest member on the court here, the Xals are probably aiming for him with their volleys and groundstrokes. He nets the first serve, the second serve is good and Elia Xal looks too gleeful at the prospect of a mini-break that she sends the ball out. Another ouch and that second serve return is one of the things Elia needs to work on. Three all. Another serve, this time to Fia, it's good, right on the line. Fia moves in to volley and it's a great exchange, deft hands at the net until Weaslucantopaf gets a nice handle on the ball, sends it into the alley. Four three.

RC: Back to the best combination on serve here. A powerful serve and the team from Spartaned can't touch it. Four all. Surprisingly, we're still on serve as the Xals are making too many errors on their opponents' service but they can still have some good aggressive moves on their own serve. Another aggressive serve from Elia Xal and Fia Xal sends a great smash into the alley for the winner. Still on serve at five four.

JV: Elia Xal has a poor return from Weaslucantopaf and sends to to Frandijk. He sends an angled volley that the Xal's can't touch. Five all. Weaslucantopaf serves again - Fia Xal lobs it to the back right corner. Neither gets it but the linespeople rule the ball out. Fia challenges the call - there's tension on the court as the call could bring up match point for the team from Spartaned. I know the Xals don't want to have to save a match point. Some clapping on the court - the ball's out by just centimeters. It looks like the Xals will have to save match point if they want to stay in this.

RC: Butterfly nerves from Fia Xal as she has to stay on serve to stay in this tournament. She faults on the first serve - almost heartbreaking. She doesn't want to lose today, though, and she manages to get the second serve in. She moves to the net and Elia Xal swats down a volley. Weaslucantopaf hits an angled ball - it looks like it catches onto the net and just dribbles over. This could be it for the Xals - but wait! Fia actually manages to get her racket on the ball. Phew. Frandijk smashes the ball and it looks like it could be the end again for the Xals. Elia has been backing up, though, and catches the ball on her racket to lob it over Weaslucantopaf. It's definitely in this time and the Xals have heartbreakingly saved match point!

JV: Now the Xals have the match back in their grasp as Fia serves again. Elia notches a good volley in the middle, flummoxing the two and solving the riddle. Seven six and it brings up a set point for the Xals. Fia Xal to return Frandijk - the weaker server - up next. A missed serve and it's the second serve. He barely makes it in but Fia uses the nasty drop shot return to gain the point. AND THE CENIANS will force a deciding set. They're not out just yet! We'll return after this break with some messages from your local radio station. I'm Judi Valemartin, and I'm commenting on the Xal/Xal versus Frandijk/Weaslucantopaf match in Krytenia along with Retamga Ceynekal. We hope you stay with us.

Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:02 pm

SINGLES - Round of Sixteen

Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU)           3   6   2
[11] Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 6 7 6

[24] Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) 4 7 6 6
[17] Elizabeth Hines (USD) 6 6 4 4

[23] Samuel Gates (ETM) 6 3 6 5 7
[22] Marisa Maradona (CEN) 3 6 1 7 9

David Ortiz (USD) 4 4 6
[29] Patrick Park (ABA) 6 6 7

[4] Johmer Vales (CEN) 7 2 4 6
Neia Dovan (CEN) 6 6 6 7

[5] Lonus Varalin (CEN) 7 6 4 0 4
[14] Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 4 6 6 6

[19] Charles Sayer (USD) 5 6 6 6
Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 7 1 2 2

[1] Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 6 7
[18] Stephen Perez (KRY) 2 0 5

San Jose Guayabal scorinated Navsal v Perez.

Quarter Final Draw
[11] Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) v [24] Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU)
[22] Marisa Maradona (CEN) v [29] Patrick Park (ABA)
Neia Dovan (CEN) v [14] Marla Gerard (NEG)
[19] Charles Sayer (USD) v [1] Ardil Navsal (CEN)
Last edited by Krytenia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Two Singles in Quarter Final
Emberton, Krytenia

Fourth Round of TOCAO Grand Slam Single Competition was held yesterday with a great success for Pemecutan. 2 out of 3 players where advance to the Quarterfinal. They are 11th seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan and 24th seed, Maria Sophia Lubis. Pemecutan become the only nation aside from Ceni who has more than 1 player in Single Quarter Final. But unfortunately, both player will meet each other to claim one spot in Semifinal.

In Fourth Round, 11th seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan met fellow Pemecutanian Ayu Ratih Kemalasari. Muliawan dominate the match right from the start and lead the way. Kemalasari able to difficult him once in a while and able to steal a game or 2 along the first set. But Muliawan still too strong. The first set end with Muliawan's victory, 6-3. The second set show the rise of Kemalasari. She break away from Muliawan domination and able to tackled his move and shot. Kemalasari successfully force 6-6 tie-break in order to try to steal the second set. But Muliawan play relatively calm and able to maintain his performance during the tie-break which difficult Kemalasari. The tie-break end with 7-5 for Muliawan and he again win another set. Didn't want to get the similar situation, Muliawan focusing on his play and able to lead fast in the third set. Kemalasari break Muliawan superiority by taking the 4th game but Muliawan continue to win another game after 40-40 deuce. In the 7th game, Kemalasari successfully trick Muliawan and halt his match victory. But Kemalasari unable to hold on to her play. In the 8th game, she surrender to Muliawan and give him a spot in Quarter Final.

On the other match, Maria Sophia Lubis playing hard by facing 17th seed, Elizabeth Hines of United States of Devonta. Hines give a nice performance at first by taking the first set after a failed dropshot by Lubis which prevent 5-5 deuce. But Lubis didn't back down. She struggling to balance Hines performance and eventually able to slightly lead the way in mid second set. Hines then equalize the position to 6-6 and force tie-break. The tie-break went tightly but Lubis able to gain 2 last points to secure the second set for her. The next set comes with a relatively tight pace. Both players able to lead once in a while and comes to 4-4 position. Lubis nice netting give her the 9th game. And she successfully trick Hines in the 10th game to win the set. Feeling above the air, Lubis gain more confidence. She able to balance her performance to Hines. But Hines still hard to defeat. Lubis lead at the end by 5-3 before Hines able to halt her victory by taking the 9th game. Fortunately, a wide shot by Hines in the 10th game give Lubis her victory point.

With this result, both Ngurah Putra Muliawan and Maria Sophia Lubis will meet face to face in the Quarter final of Single Competition TOCAO Grand Slam. Whoever win will secure one spot for Pemecutan in Semi final. The other competitor also noted. Ceni have 3 players in the Quarterfinal including 1st seed, Ardil Navsal. Unfortunately, 4th seed, Johmer Vales and 5th seed, Lonus Varalin were lost in Fourth Round. Another Cenian player, Neia Dovan, also noted as the only non seeded player to be appear in the Quarter Final. The other Quarterfinalist include, (22) Marisa Maradona of Ceni, (29) Patrick Park of Albaie, (14) Marla Gerard of Neu Engollon and (19) Charles Sayer of United States of Devonta.

The next match day will feature Quarter final of Double Competition, where 5th seed, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati will get hard time by facing 1st seed, Elia Xal/Fia Xal of Ceni.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:54 pm

"Bien-Welk, Neu Engollon! I’m your host Dom Toglani, and this is the NETV Sports 19 Update. Once again, we're live from Emberton, Oxley District, Krytenia where the NETC team is cheering on their teammate, Marla Gerard, in the TOCAO Grand Slam.
With me here today is a teammate of Marla's, Lizbet Rittenhaus, who has wrapped up her participation in the tournament."

"That's one way to put it."

"Yeah, well, glad you're here, Lizbet. How do you think Marla is playing and how will it help her in the upcoming match?"

"Marla Gerard is really in the middle of a career highlight here. I really mean that. It's difficult to separate my personal feelings towards my friend from my objective observations, but I think I can accomplish the task. She's taking risks and she is confident in her serve. She's being smart on the line, not playing the close ones, depending on her judging the accuracy of her opponent."

"She's up against Cenian Neia Dovan. Does she have more than a fair chance?"

"Of course. Listen, we practically learned International tournament tennis from the Cenians. They dominate the top ranks and if a player is going to advance at all in ATP tennis, sooner or later, they will have to fight it out with a Cenian and match their aggressive style of play. That's what Marla is going to do..."

"Bring Cenian tennis to a Cenian?"

"Yes, in a sense. She has no choice in the matter."

"Let's talk about Paul Quiront for a moment..."

"No!"

"Hahaha, okay, well just a moment. His breakdown on the court..."

"Was typical of what we expect from him. He's ill and he needs to stop playing, or the NETC needs to make him stop."

"The rest of the team?"

"Doing what they did best. Work hard, play hard."

"The 4th edition of the Kinterten is coming up, can you give us a preview of that?"

"I can say that it's pretty great to see a youth division as part of it. You're going to see some fresh names that are really making waves in the tennis circuit in the Confederacy, but this will be their International debut."

"Any that you see becoming regulars on the NETC team? Taking over your spot?"

"Yes, absolutely. Leopold Garuzzo and Felice Mareaux should be moving up to the regular team next year. Marla will take my spot, I would think, while Felice Mareaux would take hers. In a figurative sense anyway.

"It will be exciting to watch!"

"Definitely."

"Well we need to break for a commercial or two. Thanks for joining us, Lizbet."

You bet. Glad to be here as always."

"When we come back, we will see footage of the Ibex, our national hockey team, arriving back at Albertville International as conquering heroes at the World Cup, even though they only made it to the quarterfinals before bowing out to hosts, Valanora. Stay tuned."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:22 pm

"Good afternoon, listeners, I'm Retamga Ceynekal, you're host. You're listening to Match Point on Cenian Public Radio, your source for all tennis news. Today we will interview Neia Dovan, on the line from her hotel room in Emberton, Krytenia. Welcome to the show, Neia."

"It's great to be here."

"First, tell us about your amazing run here at the AOpen, as it's known. Congratulations on your first ever Grand Slam quarterfinal!"

"Thanks so much Retamga! I'm really surprised that I was able to reach the quarterfinals of such an important tournament but I'm also a little sad that it had to come at the expense of two other Cenians who have also played great this year, Ciache Nagya (who lost in the first round to a player that I beat) and Johmer Vales, who won the Electrum Slam. He's been wonderful throughout this year. With that caveat in place, I'm so happy that the Draw Gods granted me a place in the quarterfinal. Johmer was the only seed that I faced and I guess I just got really lucky with the way all the seeds fell. Of course I think that I've been playing very well, but I had to dig out some tiring five set wins so I'm quite surprised that I'm not too tired to compete."

"What do you think your chances will be going forward?"

"Marla Gerard, my next opponent, has had a really good year as well... Especially guiding her country Neu Engollon to the final of the International Tennis Trophy. I bet it will be a tough match as she's looking for revenge on Ceni for losing that final... She certainly played well in defeating Lonus Varalin, and he's been doing a lot better than me this year in terms of the rankings. That fourth set bagel was especially impressive... She was hitting so many lines, impressing so much with her physicality, her style of play. So again, I think it will be hard for me to play against Marla... but I know that I can win, I've been playing well. I think that if I can keep holding onto my serve, I can do well in the tournament."

"How has your relationship with your big sister Kika ebbed and flowed over this year?"

"I think that our relationship was the best when we were doing well together, especially at the Volatus Open, where we reached the semifinals. Her forehands and my volleys were meshing pretty well. I think our relationship went well here, too, even though we lost in the second round I think that it's been getting better. Originally I think a lot of people viewed me as just 'Kika's sister', and I resented that a bit, but now that I've started to come on my own here, people are starting to respect me a little more, and that makes my relationship better with Kika because, honestly, sometimes the derision I get from people about Kika has made me a little jealous about her success, the Electrum Slam final, the title and final and semifinals all on clay. I didn't have a chance to prove myself then. So right now it's friendly and teasing competition, but before, when she's been successful and I haven't, there's been some tension.

"What are you doing to improve your play before your next tournament?"

"One of the best things with me this year going into either Jansberg or Lake Hai'lu'kai - why can't the tour decide where it's going to be? - has been my big match experience - with the Grand Slams and all, I think I've had more victories in Grand Slams than regular tour events. I hope that this quarterfinal experience will serve as a springboard to do better in the smaller events - whether I win or lose. I'm actually looking forward to get to compete on a slower surface - clay - for the first time next year as opposed to the faster grass or hard. But my serves, my volleys have been looking pretty good on these fast courts. The thing that I think I need to work the most on is my backhand I think... my one-handed slice backhand needs a little more work on the power and the accuracy. It's been somewhat problematic in hitting a lot of errors in my matches."

"How do you hope to look back on this moment next year or later on?"

"Whether I win or lose tomorrow, I think I'll look on this tournament as a good experience and one that helped me to develop as a player - both in the stamina and the fitness aspect as well as the mental and the play aspect. I'm starting to grow in confidence in my play, especially on my serve I used to think oh man, I'm going to lose it, but now I'm confident, this big serve is going to get me a bit farther in the tournament. I'm starting to see myself in a better light, so if anything, that's what I'd like to take away from this tournament, the fact that I can do anything, I can't let anything or anyone stop me. I'm my own master, and I feel like I can continue to do well."

"That was Neia Dovan, who just reached her first Grand Slam quarterfinal at the Tennis Open Championships of Atlantian Oceania or the AOpen. Congratulations to you and good luck in your next match, against 14th seed Marla Gerard of Neu Engollon."

"Thanks so much Retamga! It's good to be on here."
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:49 pm

DOUBLES - Quarter Finals

[2] Sonya Gredello / Rosa Levinsky (ETM)       2   6   6   6   2   OLYMPUS COURT
[6] Leo Garry / Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 6 2 7 4 6

Owen Simmons / Perry Walsh (KRY) 5 6 6 6 6* MEDAL COURT
Hunter Roberts / Carmichael Brown (ETM) 7 2 7 2 4*

[1] Ella Xal / Fia Xal (CEN) 2 6 5 3 MEDAL COURT
[5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 6 1 7 6

Martin Hathaway / Cole Klempt (WPG) 7 4 2 3 OLYMPUS COURT
Owen Curtis / Hubert Sims (ABA) 6 6 6 6

*scorinated by Ceni.

Semi Finals - both to be played on Medal Court
[6] Leo Garry / Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) v Owen Simmons / Perry Walsh (KRY)
[5] Komang Antari / Kadek Andreawati (PCU) v Owen Curtis / Hubert Sims (ABA)
Last edited by Krytenia on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:41 pm

And Here Comes Semi Final
Emberton, Krytenia

Following the Quarterfinal Round of Double Competition TOCAO Grand Slam, 5th seed, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati made history by defeated 1st seed, Elia Xal/Fia Xal of Ceni in a relatively tight 4 sets match. The first set went nicely for Pemecutanian double. Antari/Andreawati controling the flow of the match and able to difficult the Xal Sisters. They lead fast and only give 2 games for Elia/Fia Xal before claiming their victory. In the second set, Elia/Fia showed their playing level and turn back the situation. Antari/Andreawati continue to makes errors which ease Elia/Fia to grab the second set by 6-1. The third set went in a tight pace after both team showed a relatively balance performance. The set continue with 5-5 deuce. Antari great netting makes them lead the set by 6-5. And after a long 40-40 deuce, Antari/Andreawati eventually win the third set by 7-5 and lead the match. Antari/Andreawati didn't want to break their momentum. They lead fast in the fourth set and difficult Elia/Fia in the process. The Cenian double only able to secure 3 games in the fourth set before surrender to Antari/Andreawati with 3-6.

The lost of 1st seed, Elia Xal/Fia Xal was also followed by 2nd seed, Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky of Electrum. The Electrumite double faced 6th seed, Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall of Britonisea. The 5 sets match was win by Britonish double team with 2-6, 6-2, 6-7, 6-4 and 2-6. This might be the first time that neither Elia Xal/Fia Xal nor Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky reach semifinal in a major ATP tournament this year. On the Semifinal, 5th seed, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati will facing Owen Curtis/Hubert Sims of Albaie. While the other semifinal are between 6th seed, Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall of Britonisea and Owen Simmons/Perry Walsh of host nation, Krytenia.

The next match day will feature Single Competition Quarterfinal where 2 Pemecutanian players will face each other. They are 11th seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan and 24th seed, Maria Sophia Lubis. It is Maria's highest placement after become semi finalist in this year Santa Maria Open. While it is the third quarter final for Ngurah Putra Muliawan this year after getting the same position in late New Oxford Masters.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:18 pm

The storm rumbles over the horizon -
Advancing on a fleet-footed horse,
Rapier in hand,
Ready to prey upon the weak and
Unprepared,
Ready to leave all destroyed in
Its wake, all gobbled up by
Its ravenous maw!
Ready to spare nothing lying in its path

The storm rumbles over the horizon -
Leaving unwary men screaming,
"Hark, hark, the storm advances!
The cavalry of thunder comes, the trident
of lightning with its electric prow comes!
Hark, hark! Save what you can
From the ravenous storm, sparing
None from its merciless jaws,
Sparing none lying in its path!"

The storm sprints over the horizon -
Advancing quickly, quickly, like
A horseback rider galloping
Along an empty country road with
News of great import
The storm sprints over the horizon
Advancing over hills, forests, valleys,
Farming villages, roads, houses,
Sparing nothing lying in its path!

The storm sprints over the horizon,
tearing apart fences from fields,
hearths from homes, homes
from the people who own them,
chickens from coops, cows from barns,
Sparing nothing lying in its path!

O ravenous storm,
Please spare something, spare anything
From your gaping maw!
O ravenous storm,
Do not rob the people of their
livelihoods, their hopes, their dreams!
O ravenous storm,
Know you cannot succeed in robbing these people
Of their livelihoods, their hopes, their dreams!
O ravenous storm,
Stop right in your tracks! Await
the tenacity of the people and
stop in awe of their unified force!
O ravenous storm!
Await your punishment
for sparing nothing in your path
And look upon these resilient people,
Who, despite you! O ravenous storm!
Still have their hopes and dreams!
Look upon them!

Hark! The people will survive
This ravenous storm,
For it has spared hope from
Its ravenous maw - it has not
gobbled up hope for its meal!
Hark! Hope lives!
Hark! Hope survives!
Hark! Hope will guide you through
the dark of the storm
Until you see the light of day!
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports