NATION

PASSWORD

International Tennis Trophy - IC

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zillmerilic
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zillmerilic » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Zillmerilic Sports Nightly

Xiao: Good evening Zillmerilic! Welcome to tonights special. We have updates from the International Tennis Tournament and some updates on our athletes. Zillmerilic has two athletes playing in the tournament... Keki and Raki Uriz. You may remember the Uriz name from the Triathlon Open, but that was their older sibling competing. These two may not be triathlon material, but they are definitely athletes in their own respects!

Tez: As singles, Keki dominated the day... Her serves were spectacular and her footwork impecable. Once she had a bead on Noelene(Kernansquillec), she didn't relent. The first set was fairly evenly match and Keki barely pulled out the last game to win the set. It went to dues twice before Keki was able to take the set. In the following two sets, Keki lost a total of 6 games and winning twice as many at 12. she won the match with her aggressive maneuvers and it helped to have 5 aces. she won her sets 7-6 6-2 6-4.

Xiao: Raki, on the other hand, had to go the entire 5 sets. He lost horribly in the first set 1-6. He just could not handle Stidolph's serves and couldn't get his racket in the right position. He really struggled. His second set was much better, winning 7-5. It was hard work, but he did pull through and take the set. Like tennis, this match was a back and forth. Stidolph took the third set with another dominating set...2-6. It is hard to tell why Raki does this to himself, but he seems to like fighting from behind. His hard work happened and prevailed during the fourth and fifth sets. He upset Stidolph, winning 6-3 and 6-3. He must have hit his stride because the last two sets were nearly noncompetitive. Raki seemed to be coasting... maybe his stamina just outweighted Stidolph's, but in the end Raki picked up the win.

Tez: We didn't get an chance to update yesterdays because of the emergency happening just outside of Zillmerilic City, but our team is leading Kernansquillec thus far 4-1. The uriz twins seem to be doing when they are on the singles court, but they lost their match while playing together. I think their singles play has hurt their doubles play, but this tournament will surely force them to start working together again. We will be updating you as they tournament continues.

Xiao: Until next time Zillmerilic, Goodnight and Go Polar Bears!
Last edited by Zillmerilic on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estelar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estelar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:58 am

After one tie, let's take a look at the athletes representing Estelar and talk about their performances so far in the competition:

June Cruzeiro: the main disappointment of the country so far, June lost both her matches. It is understandable that she faced opponents who have a rank, so more experienced, but with the two wins of Natália, June was surely expected to perform better since she is considered the main player of the country. However, she appeared on the news much more because of her drinking habits than her tennis ability. Her two losses were followed by wild nights in nightclubs, together with her new affair and former reporter of our media group Wilma Barcellos. After last game, the two went to a party which ended only at 8am, a time which both were unable to leave the place without help, which made many people ask for the association to remove her for the next tie, but so far the association has refused a change.

Natália Paraíso: the only one who managed to win matches... and both of them. Natália really is in good form and giving her best, thanks to the huge support of the Estelarian fans. If June gets back to her old self or returns from some kind of rehab and Natália keeps her performance level, Estelar can be hopeful of winning the next ties. Apart from her good results, Natália is staying at the hotel and recovering after working hard. She surely is winning some extra fans during this international competition, and will have a warm reception when she gets back.

Celeste Alvear: people in Estelar are more worried with Celeste than with June. June's drinking issues are at least famous and known, and she usually does some nice performances even after one of her wild nights out. However, Celeste seems really depressed later, which has affected her concentration. The rumours point out to arguments with her family, and due to this the association is trying to get her relatives to Ceni, so she can get her confidence back.

Nina Braghen: the captain of the team is taking the responsibility for the bad results while praising Natália for her wins, and seems to be really upset by the loss against Britonisea, although she tells the media that's fine to lose to a higher seed. She made no comments on June's adventures, but is probably angry at that too. We can expect a very determinated and furious Nina in the next time, and this can be both good and bad, or just good, or just bad, which means it is unpredictable.

Vivian Alfa: the reserve is still a reserve, after all, so she hasn't received much attention. But with Celeste's personal problems and June close to going to a hospital or a rehabilitation clinic after meeting her new crush, Vivian may be close to receiving a chance in the competition. She is a capable player, but the association doesn't seem to have a lot of trust on her.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:22 am

Frenline Delpha Sports Newspaper

FND Clinches Tie with Impressive 3-1 Match

Samuel Gerkin defeated Ivor Korlenko of Mattijana by the score of 5-7, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3. After a dissapointing first set in which Gerkin commited five unforced errors and 3 double faults, he bounced back hard to sweep the next three sets by the score of 6-3 each time. Gerkin racked up 17 aces, and his fastest speed clocked in at 124 MPH. Gerkin also pounced on the net, scoring 7 net ponts, compared to Korlenko's 1 net point. Korlenko commited 23 errors, and he hit only 5 aces.
Meanwhile, Tracy Frenmore lost her match to Dimitry Popileev by the score of 3-6, 1-6, 4-6. This happened after Gerkin's victory, so Frenline Delpha still managed to win their tie against Mattijana 3-2. In her match, Tracy managed only 7 aces, and she commited 19 errors. She scored only 2 net points. Her opponent, Dimitry Popileev crushed 15 aces, and commited 7 errors. She ruled the net, scoring 10 net points. Frenline Delpha will face Pemecutan fot their next tie.

Frenline Delpha vs Mattijana
Samuel Gerkin (Frenline Delpha)              5   6   6   6
Ivor Korlenko (Mattijana) 7 3 3 3
Frenline Delpha leads 3-1

Tracy Frenmore (Frenline Delpha) 3 1 4
Dimitry Popileev (Mattijana) 6 6 6
Frenline Delpha wins 3-2
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:26 pm

"Dom Toglani, with you here on the NETV Sports 19 Update, Neu Engollon. Live coverage going on of the International Tennis Trophy in Ceni. The NETC team won against the team from Regalius, 5 nil, to win the tie overall. Once again we saw our two singles champs, Paul Quiront and Marla Gerard take on their opponents and triumph. The match for Quiront seeming to go much easier than Gerard's epic battle against Demorrah.

We talked to Marla last night, and we certainly expected an easier go of it from her than what happened. Then we will talk to our friend Paul tonight, who took on Meran Pol and shut him down in four sets. Paul? Are you there?"

"I hate you, Dom. You always have a way of humiliating me."

"Now Paul, this is not a session and I'm not your therapist. You're on live television...People can hear you and see you. Time to talk to the cameras, Paul."

"I'm not your monkey, Dom. You can't just..."

"Paul, please! How do you feel about your match with Meran?"

"...Well, you saw. It went pretty well. I took it in 4 sets. I'm in good shape to take on the Kernansquillec players."

"As are your teammates."

"Whatever. Point is we have the experience and the stamina to stomp them down. They will barely know what hit them."

"Paul. Humble Paul. You always are a fine specimen of sportsmanship."

"Humble nothin'. We rule, they drool. Simple as that."

"Exactly. Enlightening as always to talk to you, Paul. Good luck out there..."

"I don't need your luck, Togliani."

"Right. Anyway, stay tuned as we bring you all more ITT coverage tonight and the rest of week. Stay tuned, Neu Engollon."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:11 am

BVC LIVE

"NOW WE MOVE ON TO THE SPORTS NEWS, NOW WITH JAYDEN HILSBURY (JH) AND RICARDO TOLI (RT)."

JH: Hello and welcome back to another day coverage of the International Tennis Trophy, a tournament where we pick out the greatest in tennis sports and today, we are greeted with Ricardo Toli who is in Ceni right now situated inside of the empty stadium, the stadium that is getting ready for the next set of matches. Over the past few days we versed a quite new, well we haven't heard of them, nation called Estelar, and I must say a lot came out of them this tournament, because I didn't expect them to be so close to us in terms of ties. We ended up winning by one match alone, we ended up with Britonisea winning the tie 3-2. Our falls did come on the last day as our Britonish Tennis Number one played a substantial match against Estelar's Natalia who is quite the wiz in this sports and managed to beat both our Britonish Number 1s and Britonish Number 2s, but not in straight sets. What does this mean? Firstly, I am going to Talk to Ricardo Toli about his match, and then we will talk about Lance's win, which we needed to win the tie and succeed in coming at least the top two to go through to the next round; which will happen in a weeks time. Hello Ricardo, here are the results of your match.

Ricardo Toli                4   6   5   3
Natália Paraíso 6 4 7 6

RT: Hello Jayden, thank you for having me on your show. In terms of the match, and how it went, the weather in Ceni was okay, it was different to the weather in Britonisea and that did effect my style of play, and I think when I play in Britonisea, for example The Britonish Britannual Open or The World Tour Finals 2014, I play better and more efficient however, I believe that when I play in Ceni, the other players has one up on me. Don't get me wrong, I am not whining however, I think this year so far has been a long year for me, going through a lot of tournaments, and then missing out on tournaments because of my injury, and because the Britonish tennis Association denied me from further participation, it was hard to come back on top form. Now I have been bumped down to 25th place and i doubt that there will be a Britonish in The World tour Finals in 2015. I also think that Tennis is becoming a Ceni-dominated sport, and I think Britonisea, who used to be a, if not the, dominating nation in the Sports Community in the Britannual Months Tennis Championships, won't get back on track until next year. I looked forward to playing tennis in the Olympics, which are rumored that Electrum is going to host it. Electrum, for me, is a very, very, great place for me and I perform on the top of my game when I am in Electrum, so hopefully the will win the bid and they will be on my top form coming next Summer Games. The Match with Natalia didn't go well. As you can see she one the first set and for me, beating me 6-4 is a warning sign, I lacked in the first set, and somehow managed to come back in the second. The third still saw me intense, however I think that I could've done so much better in the last set, which decided my fate. I felt really guilt because if Lance didn't win, it would've felt like it was my fault and I don't want that label.

JH: Very understandable, Toli. There were lots of support for you in the stadium today and I could see a lot of Cenian-britonish supporters holding up the Britonish Flag, something only Electrum and Britonisea would do in their stadiums. I would like to know why do you think that the support for you has risen, do you just think you have had an influx on people from Britonisea coming to Ceni and all these countries which are world renowned for hosting such grand competitions, or what else. Also, how do you think your partner, Lance Mance did in his match, he looked like he did an amazing match to pull it back home for the Britonish Delegation; please tell.
Lance Mance                 2   6   6   6
June Cruzeiro 6 3 3 4

RT: OKay, firstly, I think a bit of both. The Britonish Economy is back on top form after the massive crash that we had, and that saw Britonisea deciding not to participate in Handball, Tennis and Athletics, somethings that Britonisea never misses and opportunity on. So now that we are broadcasting Cricket, Tennis, Athletics, the Multiverse Games etc, Britonisea is going to be more active and therefore more people will get themselves down to the stadiums; no matter where they are, to be apart of the feeling of international tennis, which is a great thing to celebrate. I also think that tennis is becoming more serious as people are actually thinking "Yes, Tennis is a sport where you bow for both players, not matter what side" and the Sportsmanship of the Tennis Association has definitely put across the correct message and people are supporting nations who aren't so good at tennis, nation who excel at it and then nations like Britonisea where tennis seems like a long way away, and we, as the Britonish Tennis Association, needs to put the same message that the ATP Needs to put across. Tennis is a sport for everyone, a sport of loyal men and women. It is very important that Britonisea encourages this.

JH: Thank you Ricardo Toli, hope for you to do well.

RT: Thank-you.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:05 am

This is the first cutoff of the second tie!

Group A
Pemecutan vs Frenline Delpha
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra      6   6   6
Samuel Gerkin 4 3 3

Luh Putu Yundari 6 7 6
Tracy Frenmore 2 5 1

Pemecutan leads tie 2-0

Mattijana vs Welwyn
Dimitry Popileev            6   7   4   6
Greg Wilson 4 6 6 4

Ivor Korlenko 2 7 5 2
Emma Hunt 6 6 7 6
Series tied, 1-1

Group B
Britonisea vs Kannap
Ricardo Toli                5   2   6   6
Brianna Powell 7 6 3 7

Lance Mance 7 7 2 5 8
Samantha Howell 5 5 6 7 10

Kannap leads tie, 2-0

Luxdonia vs Estelar
Richard Weir                6   4   4   3
June Cruzeiro 3 6 6 6

David Johnson 1 6 2
Natália Paraíso 6 7 6
Estelar leads tie, 2-0

Group C
Krytenia vs Patistan
Stephen Perez               4   6   6   0   6
Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi 6 3 1 6 8

Jessica Moreaux 7 4 4 5
Samir Iftikhar 6 6 6 7

Patistan leads tie, 2-0

Natanians and Nosts vs Tiber and Wisdom
Rog Ion Tralito             6   4   6   6   6
John Thomas 7 6 3 4 4

Maria Cláudia Amúlio 7 4 6 4 2
Tom Iash 6 6 4 6 6

Series tied, 1-1

Group D
Ceni vs Sword Bloke
Ciache Nagya                6   6   6
Shop Owner 2 2 4

Marisa Maradona 3 6 6 7 6
Vice Owner Jason Harley 6 2 7 6 1

Ceni leads tie, 2-0

New United States of Columbia vs Crown Alliance
Richard Wilson              6   6   6   0  10
Milena Nicotera 7 2 4 6 12

Marco Paul 7 5 4 7 3
Alexander Sneijder 6 7 6 6 6

Crown Alliance leads series, 2-0

Group E
Albaie vs Sargossa
Patrick Park                4   6   6   6
Tejano Alaníz 6 3 4 0

Wendell Fisher 6 6 4 5 6
Rodrigo Aja 1 2 6 7 3

Albaie leads tie, 2-0

Welcomzia vs Sri Lankin
Frank Wilson                6   7   6
Ayeisha 4 5 3

Jeffrey Simmons 7 2 4 6 0
Abd al Bari 6 6 6 2 6

Series tied, 1-1

Group F
United States of Devonta vs Wray
Elizabeth Hines             6   6   6
Kaitlyn Michaelson 2 1 2

Charles Sayer 7 7 6
Brandon Lissett 5 6 2

United States of Devonta leads series, 2-0

San Llera vs Flardania
Arnaldo Pan                 6   4   6   3
Ryoma Echizen 7 6 3 6

Marco Quintana 6 3 2 6 6
Omiko Hakodate 4 6 6 4 2

Series tied, 1-1

Group G
Electrum vs Eastfield Lodge
Samuel Gates                7   7   6
Jaimy Leger 6 6 4

Mia Cassington 6 6 4 4 7
Giorgio Irani 3 3 6 6 5

Electrum leads tie, 2-0

Coraspia vs Euskirribakondara
Lucciano Ziccardino IV      3   5   6   7   2
Edurne Mandaburu 6 7 1 6 6

Col. Selav Tukerawan 6 7 7
Pàmêrësari Küíko 4 5 6

Series tied, 1-1

Group H
Neu Engollon vs Kernansquillec
Paul Quiront                6   7   6
Jason Stidolph 1 5 2

Marla Gerard 7 6 4 7
Noelene Armistead 6 4 6 6

Neu Engollon leads tie 2-0

Zillmerilic vs Regalius
Keki Uriz                   6   6   6
K'Pella Demorrah 3 3 4

Raki Uriz 7 7 3 7
Meran Pol 6 6 6 5

Zillmerilic leads tie, 2-0

EDIT 2: Formatting
Last edited by Ceni on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Estelar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Estelar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Second time of the International Tennis Trophy. An opportunity for Estelar to recover after a loss, the one against Britonisea. Although the first tie ended with bad results for the country, the note was optimistic, since the opponents were considered the strongest of the entire group, and Estelar came really close to the victory. And this confidence proved to be right in the first day of the second tie, in which Estelar won both ties. Natália once again continued with her good form, playing a precise tennis allowing no mistakes, determined and focused, while June finally won her first match after two disappointed matches. All is going well for Estelar, or so it seems. Right now, the biggest news in the country is exactly the good performance of Natália. She is playing so well, with intelligence and accuracy, that many are already considering her to be the best player of the country. But we will only be sure of that when the two players, Natália and June, face each other in a future competition. As for now, we got some comments of the players after their results:

Natália Paraíso: "Well, I am happy. I think I can only say this right now. Well, if you want more, I think that what was key to my game today was to be calm and patient. My opponent seemed to be a bit desperate and he made tons of mistakes, and with his positioning being so poor I could easily throw balls behind him. In the second set he was more focused, but after losing it he seemed to lose all his hope. I think that all the hard training I had before the competition is really paying off, and I may really be playing the best tennis in my career - (shy laugh) - and, who knows, I may well be the player in best form in Estelar right now, no offense to June who is my friend, okay? But there may be another reason for all these wins: I really feel special when I am playing for my nation... it is a different feeling, but it is like I playing for my friends and family, instead of just playing for myself. I feel more responsible and therefore determined."

June Cruzeiro: "Yay, I finally won! You know, these previous losses really affected me and I got worried that I was going to lose again... I think this is the reason why I ended losing the first set. But then I noticed that I could, and I had to, defeat my opponent, that I had enough talent for this... and then things got better, I could play my game and got a deserved win... well, I think I deserve it at least after all I have been through. Well, I guess it is time to commemorate - (she grabs a bottle of something from the stands and drinks) - We got a good advantage in this tie, if Nina and Celeste do a good job we clinch the victory, so I'll be cheering for them! And as for Natália, I know you are going to ask me some question about her good matches... well, she is a top player, so that was to be expected. There is no rivalry between us... she has a different tennis style, a different lifestyle... but I like her, like someone likes a distant relative."

Zillmerilic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zillmerilic » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:20 am

Tez: Welcome back Zillmerilic! Tonight we have updates from Ceni on our Uriz twins competing in the International Tennis Trophy Tournament. Yesterday were more singles matches and were quite exciting. Xiao will fill us in on how the rest of the group is doing before our update on the twins.

Xiao: Thank you Tez. As you may recall, our twins played Kernansquillec in the first round, the Urizes won 4-1 overall. Kernansquillec has now fallen behind Neu Engollon's athletes after their opening matches. Neu Engollon also won the last group match agains Regaliust as well. The twins won against Kernansquillec, and if they can continue their hard town, maybe they can win this group! Tez...

Tez: Today was a pretty good day for the twins. They were playing singles, which have been their strongest time. Keki Uriz had a breeze of a day going 6-3 6-3 6-4. Winning the match in only three sets. She had a spectacular day with 10 aces and 6 forced errors. She was a master at the net and was relentless against Demorrah(Regalius). Keki finished her match so quickly that she caught the end of her brother, Raki's, games against Pol. This game was much more interesting! Raki and Pol went 4 sets, but each one was just as good as the other! For the first set both athletes were playing quite vigorously. They were evenly matched and went to deuce 3 times. Raki finally took the first set with an unfrequented error on Pol's part at 7-6. The second set went much the same as the first almost to a T. The only difference is that the unforced error this time turned into a set winning Ace by Raki. He won that set 7-6 as well. During the third set, Pol was able to come back and very effectively. He won the set 6-3 and walked all over Raki. Pol had as many aces as he had forced errors against Raki. He really took off and it seemed like he would steamroll Raki in the next set as well. Pol did take an early leat of 4 sets to Raki's 0, but as Raki's sister showed up and started cheering for him, his mood and game play really turned around. Raki made up the 4 sets and only lost one set of the final 8. He really put on a show for the crowd and probably played his best 8 sets of tennis of this tournament! Xiao...

Xiao: Thanks Tez. That will do it for tonight. Tune in for the Beach Olympics later for updates on how our athletes are doing!

Xiao & Tez: Goodnight Zillmerilic and Go Polar Bears!

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:23 am

SSM | Sargossan State Media

International Edition - Sport

On The Brink

Mario Najar reports;

What a difference a few days make. After the euphoria that followed the casual swatting aside of Welcomzia in tie one the mood after day one of tie two was just a little more subdued. Admittedly Albaie do represent Group E’s major threat but after their own travails against Sri Lankin, only securing a 3 – 2 victory in the final set of the final match, coupled with Sargossa’s impressive outing against the Welcomzians left tennis fans at home believing that another strong showing wasn’t entirely out of the question.

And Tejano Alaníz kept that hope alive for a while at least as he edged the first set of the opening rubber by six games to four against world number ninety nine Patrick Park. But Alaníz is not long back from the serious viral infection that kept him out of the game for the better part of two years and perhaps the fatigue of playing a third match in a matter of days took its toll, with Park rattling off the next three sets with increasing ease. That procession continued into the second match as Wendell Fisher took the opening two sets while barely breaking a sweat. But Rodrigo Aja came roaring back to take sets three and four and set up a nail biting finish. The difference between 1 – 1 and a 2 – 0 Albaie lead would come down to one single service game in the fifth set. And it was Aja, his mental strength often called into question, who choked it. While serving at 4 – 3 down he doubled faulted twice, on his way to losing that oh-so crucial break. Fisher then duly held his own serve to put Albaie into a commanding lead in the tie and, they have to believe with only Welcomzia left to face, within touching distance of a quarter final place.

Still, all is not yet lost as we look ahead to the decisive doubles rubber. The respective partnerships had slightly different experiences in their first ties. The Albaie due of Burton and Anderson, ranked forty seventh in the world, really had to dig deep against Sri Lankin. With their side already 2 – 0 from the first day of singles the doubles team then found themselves two sets down against Ayda and Rahman and staring defeat in the face. But they found their form in sets three and four, before taking the final set 8 – 6. Charro Camara and Estevan De Hoyos, on the other hand, knocked over the Welcomzia pairing in straight sets to secure an unassailable lead in the tie. Now the roles are very much reversed. The Albaie partnership have form on the international stage but showed clear vulnerabilities against Sri Lankin. Something the fresher Sargossan pairing will have to take advantage of if they’re to save anything from this tie.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:55 pm

This is the second cutoff of the second tie - some teams need a win today to have a chance of winning their tie. Can they pull it off? Let's find out and see!

Group A
Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati                               6   6   6
Devin Tristen/Sally Martins 3 3 2
Pemecutan wins tie, 3-0

Mattijana vs Welwyn
Dominik Vasileca/Alec Mendalez                               3   6   4   4
Terry Lloyd/Emma Hunt 6 1 6 6

Welwyn leads tie 2-1

Group B
Britonisea vs Kannap
Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall                                  6   7   6
Brianna Powell/Samantha Howell 2 5 3

Kannap leads tie, 2-1

Luxdonia vs Estelar
Samantha Bridges/David Smith                                 3   7   7   3   4
Celeste Alvear/Nina Braghen 6 6 5 6 6

Estelar wins tie, 3-0

Group C
Krytenia vs Patistan
Owen Simmons/Perry Walsh                                     6   6   6
Abid Ali Akbar/Aqeel Khan 1 0 3

Patistan leads tie 2-1

Márcus Gabriel Alencastro/Iohanna Márcia Enderssen-Moura     5   6   4   7   6
John Thomas/Tom Iash 7 1 6 6 3

Natanians and Nosts lead tie, 2-1

Group D
Ceni vs The Sword Bloke
Will Nolovor/Kell Korden                                     5   4   6   6   6
Shop Owner/Vice Owner Jason Harley 7 6 4 4 4

Ceni wins tie 3-0

Mick Connors/Paul Foley                                      6   6   7
Filip Mariani/Milena Nicotera 0 4 5

Crown Alliance leads tie, 2-1

Group E
Albaie vs Sargossa
Francis Burton/Stanley Anderson                              6   6   6
Charro Camara/Estevan de Hoyos 3 4 4

Albaie wins tie, 3-0

Welcomzia vs Sri Lankin
Dave Freeman/Jerod Helm                                      6   3   4   6   7
Ayda/Abd er Rahman 4 6 6 3 5

Welcomzia leads tie, 2-1

Group F
Fradina Johnson/Isabella Lopez                               6   6   7
Kane Adderson/Sloane McKeavy 0 4 6

United States of Devonta wins tie, 3-0

San Llera vs Flardania
Arnaldo Pan/Marco Quintana                                   1   6   2   6   2
Haruka Nimi/Yoon Ji Moon 6 4 6 3 6
Flardania leads series, 2-1

Group G
Samuel Gates/Greg Meares                                     6   4   6   7
Giorgio Irani/Clementina Travers 1 6 4 5

Electrum wins tie, 3-0

Luciano Ziccardino IV/Col. Selav Tukerawan                   3   1   3
Kida Kaghakira/Marko Goitiberrok 6 6 6

Coraspia leads tie 2-1

Group H
Lizbet Rittenhaus/Danjiella Zovic                            7   6   2   6   6
Jason Stidolph/Morgana Pound 5 0 6 7 1
Neu Engollon wins tie, 3-0

Zillmerilic vs Regalius
Keki Uriz/Raki Uriz                                          3   7   4   6   6
Denar Keptalo/Hemir Advarah 6 5 6 3 4

Zillmerilic wins tie, 3-0
Last edited by Ceni on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Zillmerilic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zillmerilic » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Tez: Good evening Zillmerilic! We are so pleased to get to speak with you about some great sports news! In Tennis, we have Raki and Keki Uriz competing in the International Tennis Traphy Tournament. Thus far they have done very well in the tournament winning their first round our group play 4-1. Now against the second opponents in the group, the Uriz twins have continued to work hard. Xiao, please fill us in on how they did today.

Xiao: Keki and Uriz were feeling good coming from their wins in the singles yesterday. Keki mentioned to us, "We really feel in the zone and I think we will come out with a win!" I know that I was looking forward to the doubles match today, and I was not disappointed by the competition. This match went all 5 sets! Keptalo/Advarah did very well the first match.. they won 6-3 from immaculate serving! The second set was much closer with the Uriz twins narrowly pulling out the set 7-5. They were finally able to get a little cohesion together and communicate well for the match. With that said, Regalius' athletes responded and took the third set 6-4. This was a swing the Uriz twins were not hoping to happen again. Regalius' athletes won 4 straight games to take the set and put Keki and Raki at odds with each other. They actually went on to make many unforced errors during the fourth set, putting them down 3-0.. They had a major break through with the pressure though. Tez...

Tez: Yes they did! The rest of the match, Keki and Raki made only 8 unforced errors. They really hit their stride and took sets 4 and 5. Keki was really on with her serves, and for once we finally saw just how deadly Raki can be at the net. He made some beautiful shots, especially in the 5th game. You can see in this clip how he placed the ball with spectacular accuracy, not once or twice, but consistently. I think we can all be proud of Keki and Raki with their match today AND with their progress thus far in the tournament! They have done well, and we will cheer them on as they continue their quest for dominance.

Tez & Xiao: Goodnight and Go Polar Bears!

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Some nations need today to win their ties... some are only looking for more glory or redemption. This is cutoff.

Group A
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra      5   6   6   6
Tracy Frenmore 7 0 2 4

Luh Putu Yundari 6 6 6
Samuel Gerkin 4 2 3

Pemecutan wins tie 5-0

Mattijana vs Welwyn
Dimitry Popileev            7   7   7
Emma Hunt 6 6 6

Ivor Korlenko 7 7 6
Greg Wilson 5 5 4

Mattijana wins tie 3-2

Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD   Pts 
1 Pemecutan 2 2 0 9 1 +8 6
2 Frenline Delpha 2 1 1 3 7 −4 3
3 Mattijana 2 1 1 5 5 0 3
4 Welwyn 2 0 2 3 7 −4 0

Group B
Britonisea vs Kannap
Ricardo Toli                6   6   7
Samantha Howell 4 2 5

Lance Mance 7 3 7 3 8
Brianna Powell 6 6 5 6 6

Britonisea wins tie 3-2

Luxdonia vs Estelar
Richard Weir                4   3   2
Natália Paraíso 6 6 6

David Johnson 3 6 4 4
June Cruzeiro 6 2 6 6
Estelar wins tie 5-0

1 Britonisea 2 2 0 6 4 +2 6
2 Estelar 2 1 1 7 3 +4 3
Kannap 2 1 1 7 3 +4 3
4 Luxdonia 2 0 2 0 10 −10 0

Group C
Krytenia vs Patistan
Stephen Perez               7   6   7
Samir Iftikhar 5 4 5

Jessica Moreaux 6 4 6 3 1
Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi 4 6 3 6 6

Patistan wins tie 3-2

Rog Ion Tralito             7   6   6
Tom Iash 5 4 4

Maria Cláudia Amúlio 6 2 1 6 6
John Thomas 1 6 6 2 4

Natanians and Nosts win tie 4-1

Group D
Ceni vs The Sword Bloke
Ciache Nagya                6   7   3   6   6
Vice Owner Jason Harley 7 5 6 3 3

Marisa Maradona 6 6 6 6
Shop Owner 7 1 7 7

Ceni wins tie 4-1

Richard Wilson              6   6   6
Alexander Sneijder 2 4 2

Marco Paul 6 2 4 6 8
Milena Nicotera 4 6 6 4 6

New United States of Columbia wins tie 3-2

1 Ceni 2 2 0 9 1 +8 6
2 Sword Bloke 2 1 1 4 6 −2 3
3 New United States of Columbia 2 1 1 5 5 0 3
4 Crown Alliance 2 0 2 2 8 −6 0

Group E
Albaie vs Sargossa
Patrick Park                6   3   7   2   4
Rodrigo Aja 4 6 6 6 6

Wendell Fisher 6 6 6
Tejano Alaníz 3 2 4

Albaie wins tie 4-1

Welcomzia vs Sri Lankin
Frank Wilson                6   5   6   1   6
Abd al Bari 4 7 4 6 4

Jeffrey Simmons 7 6 6
Ayeisha 5 3 2

Welcomzia wins tie 4-1

1 Albaie 2 2 0 7 3 +4 6
2 Sargossa 2 1 1 6 4 +2 3
3 Welcomzia 2 1 1 4 6 −2 3
4 Sri Lankin 2 0 2 3 7 −4 0

Group F
Elizabeth Hines             3   7   6   6
Brandon Lissett 6 5 4 2

Charles Sayer 6 6 6 6
Kaitlyn Michaelson 4 3 7 1

United States of Devonta win tie 5-0

San Llera vs Flardania
Arnaldo Pan                 6   3   6   0
Omiko Hakodate 7 6 3 6

Marco Quintana 6 4 1 6 6
Ryoma Echizen 4 6 6 3 2

Flardania wins tie 3-2

1 United States of Devonta 2 2 0 8 2 +6 6
2 Flardania 2 1 1 5 5 0 3
3 Wray 2 1 1 3 7 −4 3
4 San Llera 2 0 2 4 6 −2 0

Group G
Samuel Gates                3   6   6   6
Giorgio Irani 6 2 1 2

Mia Cassington 6 6 4 6
Jaimy Leger 3 1 6 3

Electrum wins tie 5-0

Lucciano Ziccardino IV      6   6   7
Pàmêrësari Küíko 0 4 5

Col. Selav Tukerawan 4 7 6 6
Edurne Mandaburu 6 6 4 2

Coraspia wins tie 4-1

1 Electrum 2 2 0 8 2 +6 6
2 Coraspia 2 2 0 7 3 +4 6
3 Euskirribakondara 2 0 2 3 7 −4 0
4 Eastfield Lodge 2 0 2 2 8 −6 0

Group H
Paul Quiront                6   6   3   6   4
Noelene Armistead 1 7 6 3 6

Marla Gerard 3 6 3 6 1
Jason Stidolph 6 4 6 1 6

Neu Engollon wins tie 3-2

Zillmerilic vs Regalius
Keki Uriz                   7   6   6
Meran Pol 6 3 3

Raki Uriz 6 7 2 6
K'Pella Demorrah 2 6 6 2

Zillmerilic wins tie 5-0

1 Zillmerilic 2 2 0 9 1 +8 6
2 Neu Engollon 2 2 0 8 2 +6 6
3 Kernansquillec 2 0 2 3 7 −4 0
4 Regalius 2 0 2 0 10 −10 0
Last edited by Ceni on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Zillmerilic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zillmerilic » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Tez: Welcome back Zillmerilic! We will have a short update on the International Tennis Tournament today because of the debate tonight.

Our update about the Uriz Twins is much the same as you've heard before. They swept their singles matches, Keki in just 3 sets, 7-6 6-3, and 6-3. She really was on her game yet again... lets up that she hasn't peaked yet and will make quite a ways into this tournament. Raki took slightly longer at 4 sets for the match. He won his first set simply going 6-2 before struggling with his second. Demorrah gave a hard fight and barely lost. Raki too it 7-6. Demorrah had a bit of a mind game going with Raki because he won the third set beating Raki 2-6. The Uriz twin just couldn't get his head on straight. He had at least 6 unforced errors against him. But in the final set, he was able to rally and took the set and match with a 6-2 victory. Our competitors finished strong and put themselves out in front.

Xiao: There are quite a few teams in this tournament, but The Uriz Twins have put Zillmerilic towards the front! every team has played against two other nations thus far, and there are many that have won against both, Neu Engollon being one of them. But something that separates Zillmerilic from all but two teams are the point differentials! Zillmerilic and two other countries have won their games with a 6 point differential. This puts Zillmerilic among the top of the field! Quite an achievement from our young and internationally inexperienced athletes. We are so proud of them and we hope that everyone wll continue to cheer them on, even with the distractions of the Triathlon Open and the upcoming debates!

Xiao & Tez: Goodnight and Go Polar Bears!

Sargossa
Ambassador

Postby Sargossa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:33 am

Playing For Pride

Mario Najar reports;

After the 5 – 0 demolition of Welcomzia normality was rapidly descended back in the National Racquet Centre, courtesy of Team Albaie. After the open day’s singles rubbers the Esportivans had taken command of the tie, and now looked to Francis Burton and Stanley Anderson to deliver the coup de grâce. In their way stood the Sargossan pairing of Charro Camara and Estevan De Hoyos, who had performed impressively in their match against Welcomzia but now faced a severe step up in quality. And that quality showed too as the Albaiean duo hit their stride quickly. The key moment came at 3 – 3 in the second set, the first set having been claimed by Albaie. It was an almighty game, with seemingly endless deuces, but eventually Anderson at the net secured the break. That was the point that seemed to break Sargossan resolve as the Albaieans held onto set two. Before taking set three to secure the tie. The final analysis was easy, the opposition had been simply too good.

Which set up a rather peculiar day three for the Sargossan sporting public, unused to being on this end of the dead rubbers that tournaments of this type can throw up. The tie was over. Done, dusted. But pride was still there to be played for, as was avoiding the ignominy of a 5 – 0 whitewash. Rodrigo Aja was first up, with a point to prove having blamed himself for the five set defeat on day one that saw Albaie finish that day with a 2 – 0 lead. This time there was real fire in Aja’s belly as he fought back from a set down to take the second and then force a tiebreak in the third against world number ninety nine Patrick Park. He dropped that tiebreak, only to then defy the choker tag to find yet another gear and breeze passed Park in sets four and five. Psychologically it was massive, there would be no whitewash and the Sargossan fans that had made the trip to Ceni had something to celebrate. The day though would end on a slightly melancholy note, as a clearly fatigued Tejano Alaníz failed to muster much of a fight against Wendall Fisher, losing in straight sets as Albaie wrapped up the tie 4 – 1.

It was a sequence of matches that all but ended interest in Group E. Welcomzia may have beaten Sri Lankin in the other tie but they were unlikely to do the same against Albaie. Meaning the Esportivans had a foot in the quarter final already. For Sargossa second place in the group is now the official goal, with winless Sri Lankin the only barrier to them. Despite his travails in this tie Cristian Obolo is set to resist calls to rest Alaníz, largely at the insistence of the player himself, and stick with the same team as Sargossa look to end on a high.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

Estelar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Estelar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:14 am

The first tie against Britonisea already showed that the Estelarian athletes looked promising in the International Tennis Trophy, with many people commenting that the country only wasn't able to win because of June's lack of responsibility, partying hard and managing to get a new girlfriend, a sports reporter working for one of the biggest media groups of Estelar, in the middle of the competition, and therefore reaching her matches with a hangover, or drunk or just not in the mood, losing both matches while her team mate Natália, much more focused and willing to help the nation, won hers. So, hopes were high for the second tie, in which Estelar would face an unranked opponent in Luxdonia. More than an excellent opportunity to get the victory, the tie was a matter of life or death for the country, as a loss in the tie would certainly put Estelar out of the competition. But the fans were confident: June could keep playing while drunk, but at least Celeste and Nina would have much more chances to win their doubles match, and a 3-2 win was already enough to keep the hopes up.

Expert astrologers tried to predict June's behaviour during the tie, with famous expert Marília Colorado, who predicted correctly the difficulties that Estelar faced during a volleyball competition final, commenting about the position of the planets on June's chart: "Last week, we had a difficult situation in which Mars was passing through the house occupied by Mercury on her chart, a moment for confusion and problems. Now that this passage is over, we must believe that June can recover the focus, as the ruler planet of her sign Gemini has space again to influence her in a good way. And, why not, we have all the reasons to believe that her affair with the reporter will only motivate her even more, as people with her sign love challenges and to handle many situations at the same time. I believe she will be extremely determinated to get wins after her problems in the first tie." And June really proved that she was right: although she didn't manage to win a single match in only three sets, she got two wins, and could commemorate the way she always does but without conscience issues or critics from the reporters.

As for Natália, she is really looking to be the next top player of Estelar, and we can surely predict a future rivalry between her and June. "She is very different from June, and this can be more than just a rivalry on the tennis courts, but also a rivalry between lifestyles and different approaches to life in general. Natália's chart shows a homely person, who loves to stay with her family and we can even consider her a patriot, something which is not that common in Estelar. Order against chaos, I must say", commented again Marília. Natália got two easy wins in three sets, and commented about how she is helping Estelar in the competition: "I am happy, of course, and ready to take more responsibility. I believe that I can send Estelar to the next stage. Of course it doesn't depend only of us, but we'll do our best." As for the doubles team, of Cecília and Nina, a win came in the second time, but after a very difficult match which ended only in the fifth set. "People are still worried about me, I know. But I am getting back on track and focused on the matches, this I can promise", said Celeste.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 am

The first cutoff of the last round robin tie - who will emerge victorious?

Group A
Pemecutan vs Mattijana
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra      7   3   3   6   6
Dimitry Popileev 6 6 6 3 3

Luh Putu Yundari 5 6 6 7
Ivor Korlenko 7 4 4 6

Pemecutan leads tie 2-0

Frenline Delpha vs Welwyn
Samuel Gerkin               6   4   6   4   6
Greg Wilson 4 6 3 6 8

Tracy Frenmore 6 7 6
Emma Hunt 0 6 4

Series tied 1-1

Group B
Britonisea vs Luxdonia
Ricardo Toli                7   5   6   3   3
Richard Weir 6 7 3 6 6

Lance Mance 6 6 6 5
David Johnson 7 7 3 7

Luxdonia leads tie 2-0

Kannap vs Estelar
Brianna Powell              3   6   2   5
June Cruzeiro 6 4 6 7

Samantha Howell 6 3 6 6
Natália Paraíso 3 6 2 4

Series tied 1-1

Group C
Krytenia vs Natanians and Nosts
Stephen Perez               4   6   6   6
Rog Ion Tralito 6 1 2 1

Jessica Moreaux 6 3 6 6
Maria Cláudia Amúlio 3 6 4 3

Krytenia leads tie 2-0

Patistan vs The Tiber and Wisdom
Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi        6   4   6   6
John Thomas 3 6 1 4

Samir Iftikhar 0 1 5
Tom Iash 6 6 7

Series tied 1-1

Group D
Ceni vs New United States of Columbia
Ciache Nagya                6   6   7
Richard Wilson 2 1 6

Marisa Maradona 6 6 6 6
Marco Paul 4 7 3 4

Ceni leads tie 2-0

Sword Bloke vs Crown Alliance
Shop Owner                  6   6   4   6
Milena Nicotera 4 3 6 3

Vice Owner Jason Harley 4 5 6 1
Alexander Sneijder 6 7 4 6

Series tied, 1-1

Group E
Albaie vs Welcomzia
Patrick Park                2   6   6   3   6
Frank Wilson 6 4 4 6 2

Wendell Fisher 5 6 6 0 10
Jeffrey Simmons 7 2 4 6 8

Albaie leads tie 2-0

Sargossa vs Sri Lankin
Tejano Alaníz               2   6   6   3   2
Ayeisha 6 4 1 6 6

Rodrigo Aja 2 6 6 7
Abd al Bari 6 3 4 5

Series tied 1-1

Group F
United States of Devonta vs San Llera
Elizabeth Hines             6   6   6
Arnaldo Pan 3 3 3

Charles Sayer 7 6 4 6
Marco Quintana 5 0 6 1

United States of Devonta leads tie 2-0

Wray vs Flardania
Brandon Lissett             6   4   4   4
Ryoma Echizen 3 6 6 6

Kaitlyn Michaelson 6 6 7
Omiko Hakodate 3 3 6

Series tied 1-1

Group G
Neu Engollon vs Zillmerilic
Paul Quiront                6   4   6   4   3
Keki Uriz 2 6 3 6 6

Marla Gerard 6 6 6
Raki Uriz 4 2 4

Series tied 1-1

Kernansquillec vs Regalius
Jason Stidolph              5   6   3   3
K'Pella Demorrah 7 4 6 6

Noelene Armistead 2 4 6 6
Meran Pol 6 6 3 7

Regalius leads tie 2-0

N.B. Since a lot of RP'ers seem to be stuck in second place, I've decided to add a Round of 16 to give them a chance to acquit themselves.
Last edited by Ceni on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Welwyn (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Hunt goes from zero to hero before breaker heartbreak

Postby Welwyn (Ancient) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Emma Hunt controversially kept her place in the Welwyn team after some poor displays against Pemecutan and proved the faith shown in her was rightfully placed after a much improved performance against Mattijana.
She not only produced an excellent four set victory to level the tie on day one (only losing the second set in a tie break), but also was exceptional alongside Terry Lloyd in a four set doubles victory that gave Welwyn the lead in the tie.
That meant that another victory over Dimitry Popileev would secure the tie for Welwyn. However, despite a continuation of the better form that Hunt had shown, she fell apart in three consecutive breakers. This meant it all came down to Greg Wilson, who fell 5, 5 and 4, meaning that Welwyn had contrived to throw away a 2-1 lead in just six sets.

Zillmerilic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zillmerilic » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Tez: Good evening sports fans! We have some updates from today at the International Tennis Tournament with Keki and Raki Uriz. Today is a win and a loss because we have one athlete that won and one that lost. The first match was between Quiront(Neu Engollon) and Keki Uriz.

Xiao: The first set in the match was very lopsided... there were many unforced errors and lots of Aces, but, unfortunately, they were not in favor of Keki. It took her all of the first game to get warmed up and she ended up giving the first set to Quiront 2-6. The second set was much more of a nail biter. The games went back and forth until they got to the 9th game. Keki finally made break point and took the lead going into a set game. She ended up Acing 3 times in the last game of the set and forced an error. She won 6-4 in the second set. But the back and forth resumed in the third set. U Sadly, Keki didn't come out on top in the third, she gave up too much and fell behind early getting behind 3-5. Quiront took it in the end winning 3-6. As seesaws go, every up has a down. Quiront used his momentum to get up 4 games, but promptly started getting sloppy and not moving as quickly. Keki struck hard and fast, winning 6 straight games to take the fourth set! She used her momentum as well, but not as effectively going into the fifth set. She stayed a game ahead until it was 4-3... that is when she really kicked it into another gear. She showed that her training put her in better endurance and condition than that of her competitor. She won two straight games to win the set and the match! We are so proud of her.

Tez: Our second athlete, as you probably can tell by now, was the loss we were talking about. Its like he wasn't prepared for this powerhouse player. Raki ended up losing the sets 4-6, 2-6, 4-6. There isn't much grief to give though. The Nation of Neu Engollon is internationally ranked around 38th. We were to expect quite a fight from them, and all we can hope for is the win in the doubles, and for Keki to continue her good work and Raki to gain some momentum. Right now the Series is tied 1-1. We will continue to cheer them on and update you again tomorrow night!

Tez & Xiao: Goodnight Zillmerilic and Go Polar Bears!
Last edited by Zillmerilic on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 am

This is your cutoff for the second day of the third tie! Who can stay alive today? We find out soon.

Group A
Pemecutan vs Mattijana
Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati                               7   7   6
Dominik Vasileca/Alec Mendalez 5 5 3

Pemecutan wins tie, 3-0

Devin Tristen/Sally Martins                                  6   2   4   7   6
Terry Lloyd/Emma Hunt 4 6 6 5 3

Frenline Delpha leads tie 2-1

Group B
Britonisea vs Luxdonia
Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall                                  7   6   6
Samantha Bridges/David Smith 6 3 3

Luxdonia leads tie 2-1

Kannap vs Estelar
Brianna Powell/Samantha Howell                               3   1   6   1
Celeste Alvear/Nina Braghen 6 6 2 6

Estelar leads tie 2-1

Group C
Owen Simmons/Perry Walsh                                     6   6   4   6
Márcus Gabriel Alencastro/Iohanna Márcia Enderssen-Moura 4 1 6 1

Krytenia wins tie 3-0

Abid Ali Akbar/Aqeel Khan                                    6   6   2   5   6
John Thomas/Tom Iash 1 4 6 7 1

Patistan leads tie 2-1

Group D
Will Nolovor/Kell Korden                                     6   6   6
Mick Connors/Paul Foley 1 3 2

Ceni wins tie 3-0

The Sword Bloke vs Crown Alliance
Shop Owner/Vice Owner Jason Harley                           7   3   4   6   6
Filip Mariani/Milena Nicotera 6 6 6 3 0

The Sword Bloke leads tie 2-1

Group E
Albaie vs Welcomzia
Francis Burton/Stanley Anderson                              7   2   7   6
Dave Freeman/Jerod Helm 5 6 5 3

Albaie wins tie 3-0

Sargossa vs Sri Lankin
Charro Camara/Estevan de Hoyos                               6   6   5   3   3
Ayda/Abd er Rahman 0 1 7 6 6

Sri Lankin leads tie 2-1

Group F
Fradina Johnson/Isabella Lopez                               5   6   6   6
Arnaldo Pan/Marco Quintana 7 2 1 3

United States of Devonta wins tie 3-0

Wray vs Flardania
Kane Adderson/Sloane McKeavy                                 4   3   6   2
Haruka Nimi/Yoon Ji Moon 6 6 2 6

Flardania leads tie 2-1

Group G
Note: I had scorinated the singles yesterday but inexplicably forgot to post them.

Electrum vs Coraspia
Samuel Gates                7   6   6
Lucciano Ziccardino IV 5 3 4

Mia Cassington 6 7 6
Col. Selav Tukerawan 4 6 3

Samuel Gates/Greg Meares                                     3   3   6   6   6
Luciano Ziccardino IV/Col. Selav Tukerawan 6 6 4 2 4

Electrum wins tie 3-0

Eastfield Lodge vs Euskirribakondara
Jaimy Leger                 4   6   6   6
Edurne Mandaburu 6 4 4 4

Giorgio Irani 3 7 6 5
Pàmêrësari Küíko 6 5 7 7

Giorgio Irani/Clementina Travers                             2   6   6   2   6
Kida Kaghakira/Marko Goitiberrok 6 3 4 6 0

Eastfield Lodge leads tie 2-1

Group H
Lizbet Rittenhaus/Danjiella Zovic                            6   7   6
Keki Uriz/Raki Uriz 4 5 3

Neu Engollon leads tie 2-1

Jason Stidolph/Morgana Pound                                 3   7   4   7   5
Denar Keptalo/Hemir Advarah 6 5 6 5 7

Regalius wins tie 3-0
Last edited by Ceni on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Sargossa
Ambassador

Postby Sargossa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm

First The Pride. Now The Fall

Mario Najar reports;

Ok, this is officially getting slightly irritating. Maybe it was that opening tie against Welcomzia that lured us into a false sense of worth. Maybe the 5 – 0 win flattered. Maybe we are just not very good. I mean those three Olympic medals, two gold just so’s you know, in tennis did come a long time ago. Certainly against Welcomzia the Sargossan delegation seemed to know one end of the tennis bat thing from the other. Since then we’ve managed to win a grand total of two matches out of a possible eight. A miserable ratio I’m sure you’d agree.

Admittedly Rodrigo Aja has been trying his darndest to inject some life into the increasingly listless Sargossan effort, winning both of those aforementioned matches since the opening tie. Yes it took him a set to get going against Sri Lankin’s Abd al Bari but once he found his range in set two he didn’t look back, closing out the match three sets to one. Where Aja has generally flourished teammate Tejano Alaníz has cut an increasingly forlorn figure. That he has talent is undoubted, the third set in particular against Ayeisha further reminded us of this, but his body still isn’t quite responding how he’d like it to under the burden of a return to competitive action. It was closer this time but another defeat means it’s now three on the spin for Alaníz. Perhaps he should have been rested after all.

So the tie was deadlocked at 1 – 1 after day one, surely the double act of Charro Camara and Estevan De Hoyos would rise to the occasion and edge Sargossa in front against a Sri Lankin delegation that have offered little prior to this tie and sit bottom of the group. Well they did, up to a point. Two sets flew by with the Sri Lankins barely getting a look in. Then something changed. We’re not even sure what. But suddenly Ayda and Ab der Rahman, who barely got racquet on ball for two sets, rattled off the next three to take the match and give Sri Lankin the overall lead heading into the final day.

Our accommodating hosts recently announced the introduction of a round of sixteen to this competition, meaning that the top two in the group now advance into the knockout rounds. I’d suggest Sargossan fans not book their tickets just yet.
Sargossa at the Olympics

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 am

"Neu Engollon, welcome back. I'm Dom Toglani, with you here on the NETV Sports 19 Update. We are continuing to cover the International Tennis Trophy in Ceni. The NETC team has been sailing through their group, taking care of most of their opponents. As we saw, they dealt with the players from Kernansquillec pretty well, with a few surprises.

Now, they face the Uriz twins from Zillmerilic who have been formidable foes for the rest of Group H. These two are on fire, and now they're really starting to give Paul Quiront and Marla Gerard, our NETC singles champs, some serious issues. The only saving grace is that the NETC can put up 4 players to the twins, who are doing multi-duties handling both the singles and doubles matches. During some close matches, one can tell that it has worn them down, having to play more matches then some of the other nations' singles players. Still, the stamina of these two is tough to beat and they are not walkovers by any means. Their playing twice the amount of matches as Quiront and Gerard, still seems to be giving the Neu Engollians a slim margin to work with for finding chinks in their armor. Yes, I think the NETC has finally met their match in Group H with the Uriz twins.

Confederacy fans can hope for the best, but it's going to be edge of the seat all the way here, folks. The betting parlors in Panoli are probably having a field day with this match up. More after this break..."
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:14 am

This is the last cutoff of the round robin stage - who will make it? We find out soon!

Group APemecutan vs Mattijana
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra      6   6   3   6
Ivor Korlenko 4 1 6 4

Luh Putu Yundari 6 4 7 4 6
Dimitry Popileev 3 6 6 6 1

Pemecutan wins tie 5-0

Samuel Gerkin               6   6   6   6   6
Emma Hunt 7 4 4 7 3

Tracy Frenmore 6 6 4 6 2
Greg Wilson 4 1 6 7 6

Frenline Delpha wins tie 3-2

1 Pemecutan 3 3 0 14 1 +13 9
2 Frenline Delpha 3 2 1 6 9 −3 6
3 Mattijana 3 1 2 5 10 −5 3
4 Welwyn 3 0 3 5 10 −5 0

Group B
Britonisea vs Luxdonia
Ricardo Toli                6   6   6   7
David Johnson 7 3 3 6

Lance Mance 6 7 3 6
Richard Weir 3 5 6 4

Britonisea wins tie 3-2

Kannap vs Estelar
Brianna Powell              6   6   6
Natália Paraíso 4 3 1

Samantha Howell 7 6 6
June Cruzeiro 5 1 3

Kannap wins tie 3-2

1 Britonisea 3 3 0 9 6 +3 9
2 Kannap 3 2 1 10 5 +5 6
3 Estelar 3 1 2 9 6 +3 3
4 Luxdonia 3 0 3 2 13 −11 0

Group C
Stephen Perez               4   6   5   6   6
Maria Cláudia Amúlio 6 4 7 4 3

Jessica Moreaux 7 1 2 4
Rog Ion Tralito 6 6 6 6

Krytenia wins tie 4-1'

Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi        6   5   1   3
Tom Iash 1 7 6 6

Samir Iftikhar 2 7 4 1
John Thomas 6 6 6 6

The Tiber and Wisdom wins tie 3-2

1 Krytenia 3 2 1 10 5 +5 6
2 Natanians and Nosts 3 2 1 8 7 +1 6
3 The Tiber and Wisdom 3 1 2 5 10 −5 3
4 Patistan 3 1 2 7 8 −1 3

Group D
Ciache Nagya                6   6   6
Marco Paul 2 3 3

Marisa Maradona 7 6 6
Richard Wilson 5 4 1

Ceni wins tie 5-0

The Sword Bloke vs Crown Alliance
Shop Owner                  6   6   6
Alexander Sneijder 4 3 2

Vice Owner Jason Harley 6 6 7
Milena Nicotera 3 2 5

The Sword Bloke wins tie 4-1

1 Ceni 3 3 0 14 1 +13 9
2 Sword Bloke 3 2 1 8 7 +1 6
3 New United States of Columbia 3 1 2 5 10 −5 3
4 Crown Alliance 3 0 3 3 12 −9 0

Group E
Albaie vs Welcomzia
Patrick Park                7   6   6
Jeffrey Simmons 6 2 3

Wendell Fisher 6 2 6 2 7
Frank Wilson 2 6 4 6 5

Albaie wins tie 5-0

Sargossa vs Sri Lankin
Tejano Alaníz               6   3   7   6
Abd al Bari 2 6 5 4

Rodrigo Aja 6 4 5 3
Ayeisha 4 6 7 6

Sri Lankin wins tie 3-2

1 Albaie 3 3 0 12 3 +9 9
2 Sargossa 3 1 2 8 7 +1 3
3 Sri Lankin 3 1 2 6 9 −3 3
4 Welcomzia 3 1 2 4 11 −7 3

Sargossa ahead on PD

Group F
Elizabeth Hines             4   6   5   6   7
Marco Quintana 6 1 7 1 5

Charles Sayer 7 2 6 6
Arnaldo Pan 6 6 3 2

United States of Devonta wins tie 5-0

Wray vs Flardania
Brandon Lissett             4   6   6   6   6
Omiko Hakodate 6 2 4 7 4

Kaitlyn Michaelson 6 3 3 6 6
Ryoma Echizen 2 6 6 2 0

Wray wins tie 3-2

1 United States of Devonta 3 3 0 13 2 +11 9
2 Wray 3 2 1 6 9 −3 6
3 Flardania 3 1 2 7 8 −1 3
4 San Llera 3 0 3 4 11 −7 0

Group G
Electrum vs Coraspia
Samuel Gates                6   7   6
Col. Selav Tukerawan 3 6 1

Mia Cassington 6 4 7 4 6
Lucciano Ziccardino IV 1 6 6 6 1

Electrum wins tie 5-0

Eastfield Lodge vs Euskirribakondara
Jaimy Leger                 6   6   6
Edurne Mandaburu 1 3 4

Giorgio Irani 6 2 6 6 4
Pàmêrësari Küíko 2 6 4 7 6

Eastfield Lodge wins tie 3-2

1 Electrum 3 3 0 13 2 +11 9
2 Coraspia 3 2 1 7 8 −1 6
3 Eastfield Lodge 3 1 2 5 10 −5 3
4 Euskirribakondara 3 0 3 5 10 −5 0

Group H
Paul Quiront                7   6   7   4  10
Raki Uriz 5 7 5 6 8

Marla Gerard 2 7 7 3 6
Keki Uriz 6 6 5 6 8

Jason Stidolph              6   2   3   3
Meran Pol 4 6 6 6

Noelene Armistead 3 4 6 3
K'Pella Demorrah 6 6 2 6

Regalius wins tie 5-0

1 Neu Engollon 3 3 0 11 4 +7 9
2 Zillmerilic 3 2 1 11 4 +7 6
3 Regalius 3 1 2 5 10 −5 3
4 Kernansquillec 3 0 3 3 12 −9 0
Last edited by Ceni on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Zillmerilic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zillmerilic » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Tez: Welcome back fans! We have a quick overview of todays International Tennis Tournament. I say quick because we will be doing a special on them later this evening.

Xiao: We have here the final group play scores. Going into these last singles matches, Neu Engollon was beating Zillmerilic 2-1. As you can see from the Group H scores, The Uriz Twins weren't able to pull off the upset, but they sure did make it close! As you can see every set was back and forth in each of the games. In Raki's match, noone won two sets back to back and the final set went much farther than usual into the tie breaker. As you know, you have to in 6 games and win by two and if you are tied at 6 it is a tie breaker game. BUT, as you can see with Quiront vs Uriz, the fifth set was 10-8. This is because they must win by two games in the final set, for the match. It isn't common for it to happen, and even less so that they would go to 18 games in a final set. You can see that Raki has significantly improved his game, the only issue that we wonder about is if it cost him too much and it drains him for the rest of the tournament... We will find out. You will see in the replay and highlights this evening that Raki was very fast tonight and his reflexes were impeccable. Against any other opponent, or even Quiront on a lesser day, Raki would have taken home the victory.

Tez: As you can see by Keki's game, it too was very brutal and exhausting. Her opponent, Gerard, did very well, and if Keki would have been slightly less in the zone, she would have had a greater chance of winning. As it were, Keki was on point and played up to the usual standard we have been desiring from her. She took down a ranked opponent in her first international tournament, and has yet to loose a singles game! I think we can expect great things from her during her time in the International Tournaments. You will see later just how incredible she was today. Her speed and reflexes have finally caught up to her serving abilities and she is becoming a very well rounded player. Watch out tennis stars, Keki has her eye on the prize.

Group H
Paul Quiront 7 6 7 4 10
Raki Uriz 5 7 5 6 8

Marla Gerard 2 7 7 3 6
Keki Uriz 6 6 5 6 8

Tez & Xiao: Tune in tonight for the highlights and replays. Goodnight Zillmerilic and Go Polar Bears!

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:15 pm

This is your first cutoff of the Round of 16!

Pemecutan vs Kannap
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra      6   6   6
Brianna Powell 4 3 0

Luh Putu Yundari 4 7 6 3 8
Samantha Howell 6 5 3 6 10

Series tied 1-1

Frenline Delpha vs Britonisea
Samuel Gerkin               1   3   6   3
Ricardo Toli 6 6 2 6

Tracy Frenmore 2 1 3
Lance Mance 6 6 6

Britonisea leads tie 2-0

Krytenia vs The Sword Bloke
Stephen Perez               6   6   6
Shop Owner 4 2 3

Jessica Moreaux 4 6 6 6
Vice Owner Jason Harley 6 1 2 3

Krytenia leads tie 2-0

Ceni vs Natanians and Nosts
Ciache Nagya                6   6   1   7   2
Rog Ion Tralito 7 1 6 5 6

Marisa Maradona 7 7 6
Maria Cláudia Amúlio 5 6 2

Series tied 1-1

Albaie vs Wray
Patrick Park                3   6   3   6   0
Brandon Lissett 6 1 6 4 6

Wendell Fisher 6 1 4 4
Kaitlyn Michaelson 4 6 6 6

Wray leads tie 2-0

Sargossa vs United States of Devonta
Tejano Alaníz               6   4   6   5   6
Elizabeth Hines 3 6 2 7 3

Rodrigo Aja 1 7 6 3
Charles Sayer 6 6 7 6

Coraspia vs Neu Engollon
Lucciano Ziccardino IV      2   6   6   1
Paul Quiront 6 4 7 6

Col. Selav Tukerawan 4 1 6 7 3
Marla Gerard 6 6 4 6 6

Neu Engollon leads tie 2-0

Zillmerilic vs Electrum
Samuel Gates                1   6   6   6   3
Keki Uriz 6 1 7 3 6

Mia Cassington 7 6 3 5 5
Raki Uriz 6 4 6 7 7

Zillmerilic leads tie 2-0
Last edited by Ceni on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Zillmerilic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zillmerilic » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Xiao: Welcome back Polar Bear fans! We are back with some coverage from the International Tennis Tournament! We have some exciting news this evening about the Uriz twins! As you know, they made it to the round of 16. The round of 16 is played just like each of the group series, two singles matches, a doubles match, and then the other singles matches. Today, the Uriz twins played their first singles matches against Electrum's singles of Gates and Cassington. Electrum is ranked in the low 30's in the international standings, and we expect their athletes to provide a very difficult challenge.

Tez: With that said, we are very happy to inform our views that both, yes BOTH, of the twins won today! Keki played against Gates and won when it came down to the fifth set. She started off very very strong. It was promising that she would win after the first set because she was relentless and took the set 6 games to 1 game! unfortunately, she then was taken quite the same way in the second set, 1-6 in favor of Gates. From here, it was a back and forth game. They were so closely matched in the third that the games were split evenly at 6 a piece. The final game of the third set went to Keki because of her serving. She did wonderful with 3 aces! The fourth set was taken by Gates. He had a strong comeback considering the match was lasting so long. But, alas, the final set went to Keki because of her well rounded playing style, she really has grown in this tournament. We are so proud of her and continue to cheer on her wonderful performance.

Xiao: Now we turn to Raki. He was playing Mia Cassington, and this game was quite in every match. Cassington was able to edge out with some forced errors to Raki, winning 6-7. The second set was much the same, but Raki lost some crucial break points/ He ended up losing the second set as well, 4-6. It seemed like it was out of Raki's hands, and that Cassington would take the victory, but Raki's coach gave him a pep talk that rattled him to life. Raki was able to take control of the match, for the first time, during the 3rd set. He won 6-3 and started to show his composure from there. In the 4th set it seemed that Raki was loosing his slight reprieve. He fell behind by 3 games early and had to fight hard. It finally got to 4-5 in favor of Cassington. Raki dug down deep and fought hard. First he was rewarded with one game, then another. He was winning 6-5 when they approached the break point for the set. It was quite the game. Raki made the break and took the set. The final set was a mirror image of the 4th set. Raki falling behind, evening out, and finally getting that 7th game to take the match over Cassington. Both of our athletes have done so amazing!

Tez & Xiao: Good night Zillmerilic and Go Polar Bears!!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports