NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships 22 (everything)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:37 am

Part One
Part Two
Part Three

Truth is the Savior, Part Four

Matteo Rivadavia International Airport
Releinthi, Abanhfleft

The customs agent fixed a tired smile upon his face once again as he prepared to receive the latest in a series of people who had gone through his counter on their way to enter the city of Releinthi and by extension, the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. This one was a dark-skinned young man who was a bit heavyset around the waist, and he handed the agent a dark green Fleftic passport. According to the information on the passport, the man had been born here in Releinthi, but for the last seven years he had apparently been living in the Fhulghamous Peninsula colony, if the colonial immigration stamp on his passport dating back to 2008 was to be believed. The agent gave the man a cursory glance, and then he stamped the passport and said, "Welcome back to the Democratic Republic, sir."

"Thanks, man," the man replied. He took his passport, pocketed it, and went through the counter and into the airport proper. There he met up with a woman whom he kissed, and then the woman said, "Well, that went much easier than I thought."

"That's easy for you to say," Tim Lane said. "You're not wanted by the FNP and the RBI."

"No one even wants me at all," Helen Ignacio replied. "But that's all right with me."

"Man, I thought I was gonna get stopped by the customs agent when he looked at me after looking at my passport."

"Well, that's over now," Helen said. "So what's next in that plan of yours?"

"I'm definitely not walking into the RBI headquarters, if that's what you thought I was gonna do," Tim replied. "Nope, I'm going to Raffy's house; see if he's home right now. If nothing else, I'm hoping to see Kandi and Olivia there."

Tim and Helen got into an airport taxi, and he told the driver to head for Stoneshore Boulevard in the Ebelgorze District, one of the more affluent areas of the city. The Durants were from Releinthi, and the city had benefited much from their benevolent rule in both the Senate and Parliament. Their place of honor in Ebelgorze had been given to them in exchange for the clan's lifelong service to the Free Land and now the Democratic Republic. The driver gave them a weird look, as if wanting to ask what the two of them were going to do in Ebelgorze, but he held his tongue and drove them there anyway.

They finally arrived in front of a large mansion on Stoneshore Boulevard, and Tim paid the driver in cash and told him to keep the change. As the taxi drove away, he and Helen stared up at the mansion, which was flanked by trees on either side. It was the only house in Ebelgorze that had its own area and was quite separate from the rest of the houses. All other houses within the district were quite close to each other, and it only served as yet another reminder that the Durants were a class above the rest of Ebelgorze's denizens.

"So that's Raffy Durant's house, huh?" Helen asked. "It's very, very big. Bigger than our family's villas in Pilken and Porcusces."

"You had villas in Pilken and Porcusces?" Tim asked her in reply. "I thought the real estate prices there were sky-high."

"Yeah, but when you're a criminal, not even the sky's the limit."

"Huh. So, you wanna come with me, see if Raffy's inside?"

"No thanks, I'll pass," Helen said. "Says a small part of me. But I told you before, Tim, we're in this together now. Whatever happens, we'll go through it together. So let's go."

Tim and Helen walked hand in hand towards the front door of the Durant mansion. Finally they arrived in front of the massive oak door, and Tim reached out and rang the bell. And, just to be sure, he also took the brass knocker and used it three times. After a minute he heard steps from within the house, and a female voice saying, "Hang on, I'm coming," and then the door opened, and Tim was greeted by a blonde woman holding a baby in each of her arms. "Tim?" she asked with a hint of disbelief in her voice.

"Yes, Kandi, it's me," Tim said as he reached out and hugged his sister, Candace. Tears welled up in his eyes as she returned his embrace, but in the end he managed to let only a single tear flow down his cheek.

"It's been seven years, Tim," Kandi finally said through her own tears. "Seven years of us worrying about you. I mean, Mom was worried; Dad was worried; heck, even Livvie was worried." Livvie was Kandi's pet name for their other sister, Olivia. "Come in, Tim!" she continued. "We've got a lot of catching up to do." And then it seemed as if she finally noticed Helen standing behind Tim, and she asked him," Who's the girl? Yours?"

"Why don't we come in, Kandi?" Tim replied. "It's much better if we talk about this inside."

"Of course!" Turning to face the inside of the house, Kandi shouted, "Livvie, Tim's here!" Then she nodded at Tim and Helen, and she watched as they came into the house, the two babies still in her arms.

Kandi lowered the two babies into separate cribs as Tim's other sister, Olivia, went down the stairs and into the living room. "Tim!" she shouted, and she practically tackled him and brought him into a tight bear hug. Tim struggled to return air to his lungs. "Oh, Tim, I can't believe you're really here!" Olivia continued. "You're really really here now! I just can't believe it!"

"Yes, Olivia, I'm back," Tim finally managed to say once she released him from her bear hug.

Olivia also noticed Helen, and she asked him who she was. "She's my wife, actually," Tim replied. "Yes, it's true. I got married, and in the Fhulghamous too!"

"Oh, good for you, Tim," Kandi said. "Dad and Mom would be proud."

"I know," Tim replied. "How about you two, though? I heard you got married to Raffy Durant. Both of you, not just one. I knew you two were very much in love with him, but how did you two do such a thing?"

Tim's two sisters looked at each other and giggled like two schoolgirls sharing a secret that no one else knew. "We didn't know how we were going to do it at first either," Kandi said, "but then Raffy himself gave us the solution. He said that we could convert to Islam so we could marry him together. To be honest, we didn't think of it, but when he said it, it seemed like the logical choice. So we did it. We went Muslim and married Raffy. And because we converted, we got new names. I'm Fatima, and Livvie there's Amatullah."

"I still prefer Candace and Olivia, to be honest," Tim replied.

"So do we," Olivia said.

"So, are those kids yours?" Tim asked, pointing at the two babies in the cribs that Kandi had been carrying when she had answered the door. "Or are they Raffy's from another woman?"

"They're both mine," Kandi replied. "They're twins, actually. And Livvie has three kids!"

"Really?" Tim asked. "Man, I don't even want to know how that works."

Finally, after a minute of awkward silence, Olivia finally spoke up and asked, "So, Tim, are the rumors true? Were you really the guy who shot up Releinthi State all those years earlier?"

Tim sighed and lowered his head. He knew that one of his sisters would eventually ask the question, but despite steeling himself for the moment, he found that there was still quite a bit of fear and doubt in his heart. "Yes, Olivia, it's true," he replied. "I shot all those people in Releinthi State."

"Oh, my God!" Olivia gasped. "Why, Tim? Why did you do it?"

"They were bullying me," Tim said. "They did... things to me. I couldn't take it. I snapped. I found a gun in a dumpster near the uni, and then the next day I just shot my way through."

"My God, Tim, why didn't you tell anyone this?" Candace asked. "No wonder you were wanted for questioning by the crocs!"

"Look, Kandi, Olivia, that's all in the past now, and I don't want to talk about it any more," Tim said. "Anyway, I'm here because Raffy called me. Do you know when he might be coming home?"

"Well, he should be coming home right around this time," Kandi said. As if on cue, the doorbell went off, and she added, "That should be him." She stood up, walked over to the door, and opened it.

The man standing in the door was quite different from the friend that Tim Lane remembered during his brief and ultimately disastrous days in Releinthi State University. Far from being white, Durant was actually brown-skinned, and he looked more Persian than Arab. Also, it appeared that he had traded in his hip-hop image for the suit-and-tie image of a blue-collar worker, although in the back of his mind Tim knew that Raphael Durant looked very much like the Republican Bureau of Investigation agent that he had wanted to be when he was one of Tim's classmates.

Durant saw Tim at the same time that Tim saw Raffy. The smile on Durant's lips disappeared once he recognized Tim, which was replaced by a look of relieved resignation. "Tim," he finally said. "You came."

"I thought it was time for me to face my fate with dignity and honor," Tim replied.

"I think that part comes later. Come with me. We have to talk, but not here." Only then did he notice Helen, who had also stood up and was now standing beside Tim. "And she's..."

"My wife," Tim replied. "I got married in the Fhulghamous."

"Well, wouldn't you know it? Come on, Tim, the sun's setting. We've got a little time left. Let's make it count."

Tim sighed. "All right," he said. "But Helen's coming with me."

"Oh, all right," Durant said after a moment of thought. Tim and Helen followed him out of the house and to his car, a plain black Ford Crown Victoria that practically confirmed Tim's belief that Raffy Durant had become a blue. Durant got into the driver's seat while Tim got into the passenger's seat. Helen got into the rear behind the men, and just as Durant started the car, he turned to Tim and said in a low voice, "You know that that's Helen Ignacio that you just married, don't you?"

"I know," Tim replied simply. "And she's different from her family, if I may say so."

Durant drove the Crown Victoria out of the city proper, not stopping until he finally found a diner on a small two-lane highway that was quite out of the way for many people going out of Releinthi. Durant parked his car in front of the doors of the diner, and he waited as Tim and Helen got out of the car. They entered the diner, and Tim watched as Durant nodded to the girl behind the counter. Durant led the two of them to a corner booth that gave him a good view of the door to the diner, as well as the doors into the kitchen. As he sat down, a waitress appeared and laid down three bottles of beer on the table. As Durant took one of the bottles and drank, Tim couldn't help but say, "I thought drinking alcohol was haram to you Muslims."

"I never really believed in that stuff anyway," Durant said as he gulped down almost a third of the beer in the bottle. "Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk about. I'm here because something's come up in the investigation about your 'supposed' role in the shooting, and now I'm really glad that you brought along your wife with you, because in a weird sort of way this involves her too."

"What?" Helen blurted out. She had just begun reaching for a beer when Durant had dropped his bombshell. "What do you mean, this involves me too?"

"Look, let's not mince words here," Durant said. "You're Helen Ignacio, right? Despite all the evidence telling me that you should have died in Releinthi North Cemetery back in 2008."

"How did you know that?" Helen asked in an almost panicky tone.

"Well, obviously you're alive and kicking," Durant said. "No, what I meant was something's come up involving your family, the Ignacios. We all know that they're part of the YKI criminal empire, but we've not yet been able to pin anything substantial on them. As from what I'm sure you've gathered, I am an agent of the Republican Bureau of Investigation. Now, in the face of this I'm here to offer you a deal, Tim."

"A deal?" Tim asked. "What do you mean, man?"

"Look, we all know that you were bullied by Johnny, Marvic and Mark in Releinthi State, and that led you to shooting them and a bunch of other people in the school, but the simple fact is that in the eyes of the law, you've committed murder, and that's very heavy. But the state is willing to lift all those murder charges on you and turn them into manslaughter, if you'll just do a little favor for us."
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 am

Ko-oren's second home game was played in Talsheer, Polaris. Polaris is the joint largest city of the entire Union at almost three and a half million inhabitants - just barely bigger than Pereselenets, the pride of Thaulandi. Apart from the size, Polaris is probably in almost everything the opposite of Pereselenets. Ko-oren is still named the home team, but those keeping an eye on the Green and Blue must have thought this was an away venue if they got used to Pereselenets.

Vangaziland was the next team to come to Ko-oren. Three victories, but that was just a number. Vangaziland is probably one of only few nations (unfortunately) where Lacrosse is considered a national sport. Vangaziland's subrubs are filled with small parks with just two elements that attract the kids from all over: one goal, and another goal. Lacrosse sticks are commonplace and it's almost a rite of passage that every single small Vangazi is gifted one at some point. They also have a population of over 90 million, about one third of the Union in total (but about 5-30x the population of any single Union member state), all contributing to their great Lacrosse team.

Polaris, on the other hand, is just one of many Union member states. Lacrosse is as popular as Gaelic Football and Hurling, and the three sports compete for the attention of just 13,7 million Polarians. Thaulandi is another hotbed for Lacrosse fans, but its population of 28,7 million also flock to stadiums for soccer, gridiron football, ice hockey and handball, and Lacrosse comes in about fifth in terms of popularity there. Still, while small parks in Ko-oren and the other Union member states tend to consist of two lines (as try lines or endzone demarcation) about 30 metres from one another and two goals about 40 metres from one another (soccer), Polarian playgrounds have the famous two goals, some space behind it (and two uprights coming straight from the goalposts) and the same for young Polarians goes: they will play Lacrosse at some point, and they are good at it. But can a third of 13,7 million compete with 90 million?

The atmosphere in Polaris definitely can. While the name may sound like it's a cold place, it's one of the warmer in the Union, and temperatures in Talsheer went up to about 30 before slowly dropping as the sun went down (as opposed to the 5 degree Pereselenets). After sunset, Talsheer's Talghahn Stadium filled up for Ko-oren versus Vangaziland.

About two hours later, the Green and Blue stepped off the field victorious. They bested one of the better (if not the best) Lacrosse nation in the world, 14-7 even, and the temperature was the MVP. The Vangazi needed the extra drink breaks, and even then, they seemed to collapse. Now most of the Union's players are not used to the heat either (think of the many Thaulandians on our team), but at least they have done training sessions and league games in Polaris to prepare them for this.

The Vangazi Royals did their best, but apart from a rare stroke of brilliance from Andie Verrando, they were almost completely blown away by the Ko-orenite front three. MacPhilip scored three, Yu'khashah scored three, and Treharne, completing the all-female attack, scored two. The other two attackers that played a significant amount in the game scored one each (Dehbeshahn and Chahayu). Especially with Dehbeshahn, Chahayu and Yu'khashah on, the Polarian fans went nuts. Three natives, playing so well against such a respected team, pure bliss.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

The Isles of Azoria
Attaché

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Update After Game 4

Postby The Isles of Azoria » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:58 am

Report from Azorian Sports Network

Carlos Rocha- "After the Azorian Goshawks won their fourth match against Vermark 10-6. Paula De Luz was there after the game to interview Captain Stephen Monteiro."

Paula De Luz- "Another great win and second time against Vermark! Do you think that Azoria is now one of the favorites starting 4-0?"

Stephen Monteiro- "I think more than anything our team is now more respected on the world stage. With it being our first year in the WLC we had a lot to prove. "

Paula De Luz- "Thank you, good luck against Eastkhazia."

Stephen Monteiro- "Thank you."

Looks at camera Paula De Luz-"That is all from the WLC, back to you Carlos."

Carlos Rocha- "Thanks Paula...The team's next match is against the group winner from day 1, Eastkhazia. We will bring you full coverage of that match in the coming days.

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 am

The Rundown

Well folks again we lose, and again we lose to the same team. I don't understand or I just can't understand why or how this keeps happening. Both teams this time scored twice as many points as they did in the first match up but that still didn't help team WG one bit. The Jecks are and have been able to shutdown our two best attackers, Bashir Al-Vish and Bill Bradly during both games they both took at least five to six shots at the Jecks goal, yet only four went in during the first game. In this match-up they had learned from their mistakes, yet still were shutdown this can't be happen for each game we play against them.

Coach Ule was unable to offer an explanation for this, matter of fact he was greatly upset that he refused questions after the game. However Al-Vish did offer some comments, "Well, the Jecks simply were more athletic and have shown to be more defense minded. Coach Ule has been doing his best to get us past these tests, but this is one hump we have yet to get over it in order to take on bigger threats."

Goalkeeper Eric Throne also gave his comments, "The Jecks I do agree are very defensive minded, but so are we to a point. Ule has us so that we can easily switch to any situation that we are in. I allowed ten goals, which for the entire tournament is so far my highest. If we played a tough Star United States who focused more on defense than offense this game would not have looked good."

Well the next game is against Allied Omaha who until a few days ago was one of three teams that were win less, but I do fully believe the team will make a rebound and win their third game. Then to end the second leg we take on a tough Star United States who we beat a few days ago, but with their 22-6 win over Allied Omaha showed that they wanted to take the lead inf our group and wont let go.

However though if the group stage would end today, West Guiana would advance as among third place teams they have the highest goal differnce, but they do not have the highest points for, and after looking through all the other groups we would not advance to the knock outs. So we must end second or first in the group.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Group One
Frenline Delpha 0–12 The Sword Bloke
Namber 15–14 United States of Devonta

Group One                    Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 United States of Devonta 4 3 1 48 35 +13 9
2 Namber 4 3 1 53 48 +5 9
3 The Sword Bloke 4 2 2 43 36 +7 6
4 The Serbian Empire 4 2 2 38 36 +2 6
5 Frenline Delpha 4 0 4 22 49 −27 0

Group Two
Swibia 9–12 Omerica
Kaboomlandia 14–8 Coreyo

Group Two              Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Kaboomlandia 5 4 1 80 50 +30 12
2 Omerica 5 3 2 58 57 +1 9
3 Coreyo 5 2 3 55 64 −9 6
4 Swibia 5 1 4 42 64 −22 3

Group Three
West Guiana 13–9 Allied Omaha
The Jeckish Union 12–16 Star United States

Group Three            Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Star United States 5 4 1 67 38 +29 12
2 West Guiana 5 3 2 51 34 +17 9
3 The Jeckish Union 5 2 3 41 54 −13 6
4 Allied Omaha 5 1 4 37 70 −33 3

Group Four

Eastkhazia 5–12 The Isles of Azoria
Pachatiti 12–8 Vermark

Group Four             Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Isles of Azoria 5 5 0 71 44 +27 15
2 Pachatiti 5 3 2 67 52 +15 9
3 Eastkhazia 5 2 3 44 63 −19 6
4 Vermark 5 0 5 42 65 −23 0

Group Five
Natanians and Nosts 9–12 Ko-oren
Albaie 9–11 Vangaziland

Group Five             Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Vangaziland 5 4 1 48 42 +6 12
2 Ko-oren 5 2 3 47 45 +2 6
3 Albaie 5 2 3 48 48 0 6
4 Natanians and Nosts 5 2 3 53 61 −8 6

Group Six

Nassau-Hessen 9–13 Cosumar
Welcomzia 9–13 San Llera

Group Six              Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Cosumar 5 4 1 58 48 +10 12
2 San Llera 5 3 2 61 53 +8 9
3 Nassau-Hessen 5 2 3 57 53 +4 6
4 Welcomzia 5 1 4 45 67 −22 3

Group Seven
Banija 9–8 Patistan
Electrum 6–10 Abanhfleft

Group Seven            Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Abanhfleft 5 5 0 60 33 +27 15
2 Banija 5 3 2 49 35 +14 9
3 Electrum 5 1 4 33 51 −18 3
4 Patistan 5 1 4 36 59 −23 3

verge of being eliminated

Group One is off tomorrow.
Last edited by New West Guiana on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Domestic sports leagues

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:53 am

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four

Truth is the Savior, Part Five

Releinthi, Abanhfleft

"A little favor?" Tim asked Durant. "A little favor in exchange for the state dropping all charges against me from murder to manslaughter? Sounds too good to be true."

"I sort of guessed that that was how you were gonna see it," Durant said with a sigh. He drank one more gulp of beer once again, and then he laid his bottle down on the table and continued, "Listen to me carefully, Tim. When you shot up Johnny, Marvic and Mark, their families, the Yasenevs, the Kellermans and the Ignacios were quite mad at what you did. I'm sure you know that those three families are the three biggest and baddest this side of the Halcon Syndicate. When they heard that you had killed three of their kids, they were very, very angry. They moved to exact retribution almost as soon as you'd stopped shooting up the university. Thankfully I managed to get Kandi and Olivia out of the school just after you made target practice of Releinthi State and told them everything that was about to happen. I told them that if they converted to Islam and then married me, I would protect them and their parents--your parents, Tim--by bringing them under the protection of the Durant clan."

"'The protection of the Durant clan'?" Tim parroted. "You lost me there, man."

"Basically, what that means is that those bastards don't come after us, and in exchange we don't come after them. But that's all about to come to an end now, thanks to Rako Novoire. The guy's all for cleaning out the country's bureaucracy. So things like the gentlemen's agreement between the Durants and the YKI are now gone, at least to his eyes. Which is why I've come to ask for your help."

"What kind of help do you need me to give, exactly?" Tim asked, laying his arms on the table. "Because if I don't like whatever it is that you want me to do, man, then this conversation's over, and I'd rather risk my chances of being on the run once again."

"I think it would be in your best interests if you accepted this deal, Tim," Durant said. "You may have managed to slip through our fingers for seven years before, but if you think you can do the same thing again, then you're sadly mistaken, man. You're looking at the new and improved Republican Bureau of Investigation, where all sorts of bureaucratic corruption have now been eradicated. You're my friend, Tim, but I wouldn't hesitate throwing you to the wolves, if only it will bring closure to your case. But you are my friend, and I would really prefer that you're a free man too. So please, man, just hear me out before telling me that you'd rather be on the run again."

"All right, Raffy," Tim said after a moment's thought. "Give me your best shot."

"Following the start of Novoire's campaign against organized crime here in Abanhfleft and in the Capital Islands, YKI's criminal network began to implode, so to speak. But we weren't able to land the really big fish until someone from deep within the families came forward to us and offered herself as a state witness against YKI. We need your help in protecting this state witness of ours."

"Hang on a minute, man," Tim said. "If this is your state witness, then why don't you protect her?"

"The RBI's spread quite thin, so to speak, thanks to Rako Novoire's anti-organized crime campaign," Durant replied. "The Releinthi division's already undermanned and overstretched since Novoire mandated an agency-wide reorganization. Simply put, man, we don't have the people to keep an eye on this state witness. We've already got dozens ready to squeal on YKI's lieutenants, and strangely we can't even assign anyone else apart from me to watch over the one girl who can probably give us a real insider's look inside the brains of YKI. To tell you the truth, Tim, no one else in the bureau apart from me, the Releinthi SAC, and the director herself. Even now, the deal for you's still in the works."

"All right, say for the sake of argument that I agree to your offer," Tim replied. "Aside from me walking free, what's in it for me?"

"Only the satisfaction that you helped bring down the criminals that gave birth to the bullies that drove you to the edge all those years ago," Durant said. "All right, I admit that that's quite flimsy, but you're the one who said 'aside from walking free'."

Tim nodded. "Who's this state witness of yours?" he asked.

"Her name is Petronella Kellerman," Durant said. "She's sixteen years old, and the daughter of Maxim Kellerman."

"Wait, Petronella Kellerman is your state witness?" Helen suddenly asked, surprising both Tim and Durant. "Are you really sure that it's Petronella that you're talking about?"

"What, surprised that one of your fellow 'Daughters of YKI' went and turned snitch for the crocs and the blues?" Durant asked with a hint of a taunt.

"Okay, Raffy, now that was out of line," Tim said. "Helen here's not a criminal. Unlike her brothers, sisters and cousins, she didn't want to be part of their family in the first place. She said so, and she practices what she preaches. Whatever you may have thought about her back in college, you're wrong about them all."

"All right, Tim, I'll give you that," Durant said. "Petronella's willing to rat out everything she knows about YKI, and we're hoping that it will help us bring down YKI once and for all."

"Are you sure that Petronella knows everything that you want to know about YKI?" Helen asked.

"I think I have to stress that the Petronella that you may have know before you 'killed' yourself is very different from the Petronella that we have in our hands now," Durant said. "How old was she when you, how shall I say this, arranged your 'death'? Surely she couldn't have been more than eight or nine. Seven years is a lot of time for a person to change, Helen Ignacio."

"So what you're saying, Raffy, is that you want me to keep an eye on this Petronella girl for you and the RBI, and in exchange, all charges against me from the thing at Releinthi State will be dropped?"

"Precisely," Durant said, nodding his head.

"All right, man, you've got yourself a deal," Tim said. "On two conditions. Since you want someone with my 'particular set of skills' to watch over your precious state witness, I set the terms. I've got two buddies with the same 'particular set of skills' that I have. I want them here in Releinthi by any means."

"Done," Durant replied.

"And if I feel that my 'particular set of skills' are no longer needed, then i can terminate my 'protection service' at my discretion and my discretion alone."

"All right, if that's how you want it."

"So, is it a deal, man?" Tim held out his hand.

"Done and done," Durant replied, taking Tim's outstretched hand and shaking it.

"Okay. Where's this Petronella girl?"

Durant took out a slip of paper from his pocket and handed it to Tim. "Everything that you need to know should be there," he said, pointing at the paper.

"Thanks, man," Tim said as he pocketed the slip of paper. "Don't worry about the two of us now, man," he continued. "We know our way around the city. And thanks for the beer." He and Helen drained their beers and then stood up and walked out of the diner, leaving Durant alone at the table. He stared silently at his beer for a moment, and then he took the bottle, drank, and said, "Allah akbar, it looks like the problem has been solved."

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am

The All-Banija Sports Magazine
The only nationwide publication that is all sports, all the time!

Banija takes firm control of second place in group with two straight victories against Electrum and Patistan

Defense smothers Patistan near the goal on the game's last play to hold on for a 9-8 victory

ISTRIA- The Banija national lacrosse team, after starting the tournament 1-2 and in second place in the group for 'no other reason than pure luck', according to one Banijan sports commentator, have won two games in a row without Marko Babic and have taken firm control of second place, establishing a 6 point gap(9) between themselves and third place Electrum(3). They started this by following up a home loss to Abanhfleft with a very dominant performance on the road at Electrum, who had beaten them 10-7 in Banija to start the tournament.

Banija won 13-3 on the road against Electrum to achieve a dominant victory in the 4th game, and they dominated all aspects of that match. 37 year old Nemanja Kerryzovic, who is starting in place of Marko Babic while he sits on the bench with an injury, dominated the game with 5 goals before the end of the 3rd quarter. He has been playing like a man inspired for these previous two games, and there is little doubt why. He remembers what it was like to lose in the WLC final last time, and he wants to get back there to win the 22nd WLCs, since Banija could not pull off the miracle run and win their first ever WLC. He knows that they have to get out of the group stage for anything to happen, and he made sure that the game against Electrum was never in doubt at any point in time.

After the Electrum game came the 2nd game against Patistan. This was a team that Banija had beaten 12-2 on the road to start the tournament, a team Banija had dominated in every aspect of the game. Patistan had a victory to their name against Electrum, so it was clear that they had improved since the debacle when they hosted Banija, but Banija was a team that was looking for their first home victory of the entire tournament against Patistan, and they would not be denied the victory in front of a crowd of 15,112. It was a much smaller crowd than what they were used to, but considering this was a team Banija had beaten 12-2, and Banija's struggles at home in this tournament, it was no shock that the next crowd would be far smaller.

This game was tight for the entire duration, unlike the last Patistan game, and they were tied at 7 with 5 minutes left. That was when Kerryzovic was able to put the ball in the back of the net for goal #8, and then follow it up with a goal with 1:33 left to give Banija a 9-7 lead. A lot of people believed the match to be over at that point, but Patistan had other ideas. They scored a goal 12 seconds later to make the score 9-8, and for the last minute of the Patistan, Patistan was pushing heavily for a goal. It was 3 saves by Van Pierce, including a swarming defensive effort with his defenders in the game's final moments to force Patistan's shot to go wide and over the net and seal the 9-8 victory for Banija.

If Banija still has its sights set on winning the group, their upcoming road game against Abanhfleft is seen as a must-win. If Banija loses this game, then Abanhfleft will open a 9 point lead with 3 games remaining, and will have all but clinched first place in the group. If Banija is able to get the victory on the road however, then they will be able to control their own destiny in the group, as well as take a massive step towards ensuring qualification from the group stages to the knockout stages.

Abanhfleft will be a tough nut to crack, as there hasn't been a single team able to beat them so far in this tournament. Abanhfleft has beaten Patistan and Electrum both twice so far, and along with their road win at Banija, sit pretty at the top of the group with a 5-0 record and 15 points to their name. Banija is on a roll now, with two straight victories, and now they are filling with confidence and excitement as they travel from Istria to the hostile environment in Abanhfleft to try and pick up their 3rd consecutive road victory. Head Coach Dejan Polek has said that he finally has his team in a good position, and he expects them to travel to Abanhfleft and be able to field a competitive squad, one that is capable of achieving the full three points in what is to be probably the toughest game in group play, a road game against the best team in Group 7.
Last edited by Banija on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:49 am

Coach Larry Hootsen lived in a high rise condominium in downtown Emeros. He lived a jet set life. Two or three months out of the year, he was a household name. He coached the Vannish League team, Emeros Rangers. Of course he was also the coach of the Royals, the Vannish national team.

But was his life all lacrosse?

If one really got to know him for one thing, it would be his car collection.

Maybe his favorite would be his orange 1970 Chevelle, with white stripes. In Vangaziland, it was seen as a foreign exotic. It was also a classic to boot. His Chevy made a name for itself amongst the local police departments. Of course, he usually had a wide enough berth to legally mess around in most areas of the city, with Vangaziland having rather generous speed limits on her highways.

The Chevelle was an object of childish passion, but it lacked some of the refinements necessary for certain situations. For a classier, more subtle approach, he went with a brand new BMW 640i coupe. It was a deep, dark blue that was perfect for late night jaunts along the Emeros scene.

The coach may have been photographed with a lady or two outside of a few nightclubs arriving in said BMW.

The last car that sat in his building's underground garage in the corner section of the first floor was an old Ferrari F355. It was pretty impractical and rarely went out. But when it did, it was like a four wheeled motorcycle.

The F355 was all about its F1-eque exhaust note.

Local car companies utilize the coach in their commercials, since his reputation as a car enthusiast escaped into the late night talk show circles. In the real world, the coach just wasn't into domestics like the VM Roland.

Coach Hootsen threw a gathering at the end of every season for the lacrosse season. It was a cruise along some of the nation's more scenic, high speed limit highways. It was a good way for the team to let go of tensions and relax, while also giving them a promenade to show off their own car collections.

It was something they looked forward to that no snobby, judgemental international sports writer bent on only writing articles about their teams FEW wins could take away from them.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Group One is off today, groups 2-7 off tomorrow

Can not win group, verge of being eliminated

Group Two
Omerica 4–5 Kaboomlandia
Coreyo 19–9 Swibia

1 Kaboomlandia 6 5 1 85 54 +31 15
2 Coreyo 6 3 3 74 73 +1 9
3 Omerica 6 3 3 62 62 0 9
4 Swibia 6 1 5 51 83 −32 3

Group Three

Allied Omaha 21–2 The Jeckish Union
Star United States 9–14 West Guiana

1 Star United States 6 4 2 76 52 +24 12
2 West Guiana 6 4 2 65 43 +22 12
3 Allied Omaha 6 2 4 58 72 −14 6
4 The Jeckish Union 6 2 4 43 75 −32 6

Group Four
The Isles of Azoria 4–4 Pachatiti (4–5 OT)
Vermark 9–8 Eastkhazia

1 The Isles of Azoria 6 5 1 75 49 +26 15
2 Pachatiti 6 4 2 72 56 +16 12
3 Eastkhazia 6 2 4 52 72 −20 6
4 Vermark 6 1 5 51 73 −22 3

Group Five
Ko-oren 16–5 Albaie
Vangaziland 10–9 Natanians and Nosts

1 Vangaziland 6 5 1 58 51 +7 15
2 Ko-oren 6 3 3 63 50 +13 9
3 Natanians and Nosts 6 2 4 62 71 −9 6
4 Albaie 6 2 4 53 64 −11 6

Group Six
Cosumar 17–12 Welcomzia
San Llera 7–9 Nassau-Hessen

1 Cosumar 6 5 1 75 60 +15 15
2 San Llera 6 3 3 68 62 +6 9
3 Nassau-Hessen 6 3 3 66 60 +6 9
4 Welcomzia 6 1 5 57 84 −27 3

Group Seven
Patistan 10–18 Electrum
Abanhfleft 6–13 Banija

1 Abanhfleft 6 5 1 66 46 +20 15
2 Banija 6 4 2 62 41 +21 12
3 Electrum 6 2 4 51 61 −10 6
4 Patistan 6 1 5 46 77 −31 3
Last edited by New West Guiana on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Superation
Today in Inspiring Superation Stories,our lacrosse capitain,who scored eight times in today's game.

Well,my name is Bruno Caeso North,I am 20 years old,and also I am one of the attackers and the capitain of our Men's Lacrosse team!
My childhood was very happy and I always have been studying in public schools,because my family was very poor,now our situation is better,but we're not the richest.When I was 7,I discovered lacrosse and improvised with my elder brother some "games",that were more like hockey,but was our way to play,when I started the 5th grade,I started playing at the school,and I thought "this is what I want for my life",my famiy supported me,even the most famous sports in the country being volley and football(not the American one),but my teachers said "are you crazy?",because I always have been a good student,and I will play lacrosse in the future league,if it there will exist some year in the future,but I will go to the college,to study P.E. and when I am older,be the coach.I am married,but still don't have kids,I live next to my parents and my siblings,so almost every Sunday,it's lunch in mom's house.
I really think that we can do better in this WLC,but if we don't train we'll lose more games.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

The Isles of Azoria
Attaché

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

First Loss

Postby The Isles of Azoria » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:53 am

ASN Report

Carlos Rocha- "The Azorian Lacrosse team suffered their first loss to Pachatiti last night 5-4 in OT. The team is still looking to advance out of group four, they currently top the group. Good luck to the Boys in Blue the rest of the way. They are sure making Azorians everywhere very proud."

Pachatiti
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pachatiti » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:06 pm

Warriors Smash Azorians 5-4
The warriors caused an uproar last night in the Isles of azoria after defeating the undefeated Goshawks. Sports excecutive maka ekkekko stated that the Warriors where quickly getting better and better. He shared his beliefs in that the Warriors have a great chance at advancing through group four. We however wish the other teams luck in their next games. Either way, the tournament is sure to end in good fun and a loud uproar. United we stand, United we stay. Good luck warriors, and good night!
"United we Stand, United we Stay" -The Allied States of Pachatiti

Current Foreign Relations Status:
Making great Economic Relations
Peacetime
Current Military Status:
Military on Standby

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Group One
Namber 11–16 The Sword Bloke
Frenline Delpha 10–14 The Serbian Empire

1 United States of Devonta 4 3 1 48 35 +13 9
2 The Sword Bloke 5 3 2 59 47 +12 9
3 The Serbian Empire 5 3 2 52 46 +6 9
4 Namber 5 3 2 64 64 0 9
5 Frenline Delpha 5 0 5 32 63 −31 0 E
Domestic sports leagues

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:38 pm

Banija achieves third straight victory with 13-6 road victory over Abanhfleft

#11 Nikola Ravic celebrates the game's opening goal with teammates against Abanhfleft

KAMMALA- The Banija national lacrosse team, after starting the tournament 1-2 with home losses to both Electrum and Abanhfleft, have seemed to completely turn it around in this tournament, pulling off their third straight victory with a dominating 13-6 road win against Abanhfleft. They have inflicted Abanhfleft's first loss, and more importantly, they have taken control of their own destiny in the group, as they now have the advantage in goal difference, and winning out would be enough to win the group based on point differential, even if Abanhfleft wins its next two games.

Banija is 3-0 on the road in this tournament, and they continued their strong performances away from home today with their victory against previously undefeated Abanhfleft. Nikola Ravic, making his third start of the group stage after a reshuffle in the attack by Head Coach Dejan Polek, opened the scoring account by scoring the first goal of his hat trick 4 minutes into the game to give Banija 1-0 lead. The game was very close in the 1st half, with both teams going back and forth, up and down the field, and both teams pushing to score. The game went into the half with Banija holding a slim 6-5 lead, and many thought that this would be the nail biter, similar to Banija's previous game at home to Patistan.

That was when Nemanja Kerryzovic took over. The 37 year old, playing what seems to be an inspired tournament after being given the opportunity to start due to the Marko Babic injury, scored 3 straight goals to open the third quarter and provide Banija some much needed separation, as Banija outscored Abanhfleft 4-0 in the 3rd quarter to open up a 10-5 lead. A game that was a close nail biter in the first half, was broken open by the speed and audacity of the Banijan attack, similar to how the Abanhfleft attack was able to crush a deflated Banija after the Marko Babic injury in the home game.

The 4th quarter was more of the same for Banija. They scored two goals at the beginning of the quarter, and with the score being 12-5, Abanhfleft fans were filing out. Banija was simply too quick, too strong, and had far too much momentum, on this day, for Abanhfleft to keep up with them. Even though Banija started the tournament very weak, starting 1-2 and losing two straight home games, this is the type of play that Banija has been hoping for out of their lacrosse team. Even though fans were expecting a better performance against Patistan, Banija seems to be hitting its stride at the right time, winners of 3 straight and showing absolutely no signs of stopping.

We'll see where they are at the end of this very long group stage, but the length of this group stage means that no team is advancing via luck. To be top two in your group after 9 games, it means that you are truly one of the top two teams in your group, and that you are ready for the knockout stages. If the Banija lacrosse team can keep picking up a head of steam and become one of the hottest teams entering the knockouts, then there is no telling how far Banija can go in this tournament. This year, they won't be sneaking up on anybody, but the skill and experience of this squad might be the difference.

However, they have to focus on advancing from the group stage. This is likely after 2/3s of the games, but it is not guaranteed in any shape or form. Electrum is 6 points behind Banija, and they will be fighting for their lives when they visit Istria for game 7 of the group stage. They will leave everything on the field, because with a Banijan victory, they will eliminate both Electrum and Patistan from getting top two, and will clinch a spot in the knockout stages by being no worse than the 2nd place team in Group 7. However, the path to the final is much, much easier if they win the group, and their original target, to win Group 7, is still in sight, if they can win all three remaining group games. And that starts with defending their home field and defeating Electrum.

It is confirmed that Marko Babic will indeed see the field, but his playing time will be limited, and he will be coming off of the bench against Electrum. We'll see if his presence can inspire Banija to a win, and we'll see how he does, because Banija simply won't be able to accomplish their goals to eventually win this tournament if their star player, Marko Babic, is not at full strength.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:39 am

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five

Truth is the Savior, Part Six

Matteo Rivadavia International Airport
Releinthi, Abanhfleft

Helen Ignacio waited inside one of the terminals of Matteo Rivadavia International Airport, the main air gateway into and out of Releinthi. After their initial talk with Raphael Durant in the diner just out of the Releinthi city limits, Tim had managed to convince his RBI friend that it would be in everyone's best interests if he brought in two of their friends from back in the Fhulghamous, friends that they had made thanks to what they called among themselves "the Novasaguntum job."

She finally saw the two men that she had been waiting for. Two men, one black and one white, walked past the immigration and customs counters that she and Tim had passed just a few days before, and she waved at them once she was sure that they could see her. The white man waved back, while the black man just nodded his head and acknowledgement.

Selong Mkesi and Jaroslaw Veczynski made quite the odd couple. No one would have thought that the former MK rebel from South Africa and the former soldier from Poland would have become the best of friends, but it had certainly happened between the two men. Perhaps it was because they had come from what was basically the same background of being fighters for their nation who then lost the opportunity to fight for their country. Perhaps their bond had been formed during "the Novasaguntum job." But whatever had forged the friendship between them, there was no denying that their friendship was very, very strong.

"I'm sure the two of you have got a lot of questions that you want to ask me right now," Helen said as the two men walked up to her.

"Yes, I'm doing fine, Helen, thank you," Selong said in reply. He spoke with a barely audible Afrikaans accent. "How do you do, too?"

"I do have some questions, Helen," Jaroslaw said. "Starting with those passports that you mailed to us yesterday. How did you manage to get Fleftic passports for the two of us? That thing's isn't quite legal, is it?"

"The job at Novasaguntum wasn't quite legal too, right?" Helen asked in reply. "Anyway, the less you know about how I got those passports, the better. But there's some more stuff that you have to know, and we can't exactly talk about it here in public. You wanna come with me and get in my car?"

"You're the boss, Helen," Selong said as he picked up his bags and followed Helen out of the terminal. Beside him, Jaroslaw did the same. Their trio walked in silence to Helen's car which she had rented sometime after she and Tim had made the deal with Durant. They got in, and then Helen began to tell the two men about the deal with Durant and the state witness that Tim had been brought in to protect.

Meanwhile, Tim was already at the RBI safehouse where Raphael Durant had stashed away Petronella Kellerman, the state witness against the YKI syndicate. The girl was already asleep when Tim had arrived there the night before after the meeting with Durant, and he had waited for her to wake up before making his move and introducing himself.

"I'm Tim," he told Petronella once she had gone down from her bedroom into the living room. "I'm gonna be the guy that's watching over you from now on."

"Are you a blue too?" Petronella asked with quite a bit of arrogance."You look too young to be one."

"I'm not really an RBI agent," Tim replied. But instead of setting her at ease, the fact that he said that he wasn't RBI seemed to have even actually scared Petronella. "Who are you, then?" she asked with fear in her voice. "Are you here to kill me?"

Tim realized what Petronella was probably thinking. "No, I'm not here to kill you for YKI," he said. "Like I said earlier, I'm here to protect you. I'm not RBI, but I've been... hired by them to keep an eye on you."

Petronella seemed to accept that, but she still kept her distance from Tim. "Okay," she said. "I'll just be eating breakfast in the kitchen."

"Okay," Tim said, and he watched Petronella head for the kitchen as he sat down. The day had gone by quickly and quietly between the two of them, with their only visitor being Durant, who had gone by to check on both Tim and Petronella, and to tell Tim that his friends Selong and Jaroslaw had arrived safely in Releinthi. Tim thanked him for the information, and then he settled in for a quiet afternoon. Petronella Kellerman was an easy person to protect, as she didn't really want to move outside of the safehouse that the RBI had stashed her in.

As night began to fall over the city, Tim finally began to feel the pangs of hunger. And while he had eaten with Petronella inside the house for lunch, but now he wanted to eat some food from outside the house. He walked up to the second floor, knocked on Petronella's door, and asked, "D'you want to come with me for a bite to eat?"

"No, thanks," she replied. "I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure?" Tim asked. "It's been a while since you last ate. Are you sure you don't to come eat with me outside?"

"I said I'm fine," Petronella replied, with a bit of anger creeping into her tone.

"All right, just asking," Tim conceded.

"Well, then, you shouldn't have asked," Petronella said as she suddenly appeared at the door of her bedroom, surprising Tim.

"Okay, what's with the attitude?" Tim found himself blurting out. The sudden display of emotions had surprised him so much that he couldn't even think about being calm.

"What's with the attitude?" Petronella repeated. "I'll tell what's with my attitude right now. It's because I'm stuck in this tiny house with only a blue and now you for me to call company!"

"All right, I was just trying to be civil and friendly," Tim said. "You could have just said you didn't want me and leave it at that. I can take bluntness to the face."

"Look, I don't care about what you want to do or what you're trying to do with me. All I wanted was to help people be safe and leave it at that! I hated my family and their family anyway."

"You hated the Kellermans?" Tim asked. "Why would you hate them?"

"They're evil, that's what they are," Petronella replied. "All they do all day is talk crime and killing and money. They adopted me, okay? They're evil, but I could never be. I wanted to get out of that hell so bad, but there was no way that they would let me go, you know? I had to be like them, and there was no alternative, but I felt like they never really wanted me around anyway, and that they just went along with me because Dad--Maxim Kellerman--adopted me. But then President Novoire said that he was gonna crack down hard on organized crime, and I just knew that that meant the family. I ran away and turned myself in to the RBI, and now my old family's after me!"

Tim sighed. "I understand," he said.

"Oh, really?" Petronella sneered. "Have you ever been part of a gang before, and now they're after you too? Is that why you're here with me?"

"No," Tim replied. "I know the feeling of not being wanted. Back when I was just starting in college, I was bullied a lot by a lot of people. They all had their reasons for hating and bullying me, but unlike you I didn't know why, and even until now I don't know why they hate me. I can't even rationalize their hate for me. But what I did learn was that I just had to not mind the shit that they did to me. Of course it didn't happen with the snap of the fingers. It took me quite a long time to learn that. And in the process I did something really, really bad. What I did is still fresh in my mind, but I do know that it's what helped me learn that I just can't keep taking everything that they did to me to my heart. I know it sounds like quite a lot of bullshit, but that's about the only way I can describe it to you. Now, if you don't mind, I'll go have a bite to eat outside. Don't go out of the house or let anyone in unless it's me or Mr. Durant. Okay?"

Tim walked down the stairs to the first floor and over to the kitchen, where he reached into the refrigerator and drank some water. That small but sudden talk with Petronella had suddenly drained his mouth of all moisture. His tongue felt like the floor of the Myleishi Desert Plateau. Three glasses in, his mouth still felt like sandpaper. He finally felt the effect of the water that he drank, but not in the place where he wanted it to be. He went into the bathroom and relieved himself before finally heading out of the house.

But just as he was about to get out, he saw Petronella walking down the stairs and dressed up, at least to go out of the house. "Changed your mind?" he asked in what he hoped was a neutral tone.

"I think I want to have a bite to eat outside too now," she said.

"All right," Tim said. "Let's go."

Tim waited for Petronella to get out of the safehouse, and then he went out and locked the door. As he checked to see that the door was indeed locked, he happened to look at the street and the sidewalk opposite them. There he saw a man dressed entirely in black standing underneath a tree. The man's face was in the shadow, but Tim could make out enough features to see that the man was Marvic Yasenev. But that was impossible, Tim thought. Marvic was dead. He had been responsible for that. He distinctly remembered the look on Marvic's face as the bullet went in through his cheek and then out the back of his head. There was surely no way that Marvic could have survived that.

A truck passed by Tim and Petronella, and once it had gone, the man under the tree was nowhere in sight. Tim shook his head as he felt a chill travel up his spine. It's nothing, he thought to himself. You're just seeing things because you're hungry.

"Is anything wrong?" Petronella asked.

"What? No, nothing's wrong," Tim said. "Come on, then. Where do you want to eat?" But in the back of his mind, Tim had become troubled once again. He thought that he had already exorcised the ghosts of this three bullies when he had done the job at Novasaguntum. But it seemed as if some ghosts were harder to get rid of than others. He shook his head once again and led Petronella out onto the street, hoping that he really was just seeing things and that Marvic--or at least someone who looked very much like him--would not be back to make his life a living hell once again.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:23 am

The Dragonflies' third home game was in Ansonville, Thaulandi. After Talsheer in Polaris and Pereselenets in Thaulandi, Ansonville was the third designated home for the Union Lacrosse team. The city is a small one to Thaulandians, but a massive city to those from any other Union member state, with its 1,5 million inhabitants. It ranks behind Pereselenets, Marinwood, Lena, Bonesteel and Kensington. Pereselenets and Lena are Russophone, on the eastern side of Thaulandi, and the others are on the western island. Marinwood is the self-proclaimed capital of English-speaking Thaulandi... and that was the big problem for Marinwooders. Ansonville, of all places, was to be the home for the Lacrosse team.

Now, Ansonville and Marinwood are both in the same general area. To those from Bonesteel, Kensington or other places, the two are just a small drive apart. To those from Marinwood, this was a disgrace. Marinwood has twice the population of Ansonville, twice the number of professional sports teams, and twice the number of professional Lacrosse teams. The Ansonville Villains shared their field with Gridiron's Ansonville Explosions. Marinwood's Citizens and Rebels both had their own fields, each sharing their venue with a Gridiron team (the Devils and the Victory). And now Ansonville got to host the Dragonflies.

Albaie would be the team to come to Thaulandi, where just 12,500 fans could come to watch the game. This is a big setback from the sold-out 45,000 in Talsheer or the almost sold out 30,524 in Pereselenets. Not that Albaie would mind - they play in the 10,000 Dubrack Field, which hasn't sold out once since the start of the tournament (they came close).

Meanwhile, Ansonvillians were already happy to support a team. In fact, all ten starters hailed from Thaulandi: Broderick on goal, Osborn, Zubkova and MacCarmaig in defence, Nikonov, Meredith and Lobov on midfield, and MacPhilip, Roberts and Treharne up front. The crowd loved it even more when natives Roberts and Meredith scored the first goals, with Ko-oren up 9-3 at half time. After half time, MacPhilip scored three in a row to put Ko-oren up 12-3. The momentum shifted the other way with a Harris goal and an immediately follow-up by Richard Day for 12-5, but it was not nearly enough to scare the Unionites, who went on scoring after the little Albaian intermezzo. Reesheenin, Lobov and Yu'khashah scored the remaining three goals, topped off by a last second lucky shot by Carolyn Treharne to send the fans home even happier: 16-5.

Following the outrage from Marinwood Lacrosse fans, the Union's Lacrosse Association have agreed to allocate the next home match to the 28,000 Marinwood Citizens/Devils stadium. The Russian half of Thaulandi were the next to speak up over the 2 to 1 Anglophone to Russophone stadium allocation, so the next home game after that will take place in Lena. What the Association failed to mention is that Ko-oren will only get four home games (as opposed to Vangaziland and Natanians and Nosts getting five at home), so Lena will have the first home game of the next World Cup.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Group One
The Serbian Empire 4–12 Namber
The Sword Bloke 9–10 United States of Devonta

1 United States of Devonta 5 4 1 58 44 +14 12
2 Namber 6 4 2 76 68 +8 12
3 The Sword Bloke 6 3 3 68 57 +11 9
4 The Serbian Empire 6 3 3 56 58 −2 9
5 Frenline Delpha 5 0 5 32 63 −31 0 E

Group Two
Coreyo 12–14 Omerica
Kaboomlandia 7–9 Swibia

1 Kaboomlandia 7 5 2 92 63 +29 15
2 Omerica 7 4 3 76 74 +2 12
3 Coreyo 7 3 4 86 87 −1 9
4 Swibia 7 2 5 60 90 −30 6

Group Three
Star United States 10–5 Allied Omaha
The Jeckish Union 5–10 West Guiana

1 Star United States 7 5 2 86 57 +29 15 Q
2 West Guiana 7 5 2 75 48 +27 15 Q

3 Allied Omaha 7 2 5 63 82 −19 6
4 The Jeckish Union 7 2 5 48 85 −37 6

Group Four
Vermark 10–14 The Isles of Azoria
Pachatiti 19–8 Eastkhazia

1 The Isles of Azoria 7 6 1 89 59 +30 18 Q
2 Pachatiti 7 5 2 91 64 +27 15 Q

3 Eastkhazia 7 2 5 60 91 −31 6
4 Vermark 7 1 6 61 87 −26 3 E

Group Five
Vangaziland 10–9 Ko-oren
Albaie 6–13 Natanians and Nosts

1 Vangaziland 7 6 1 68 60 +8 18 Q
2 Ko-oren 7 3 4 72 60 +12 9
3 Natanians and Nosts 7 3 4 75 77 −2 9
4 Albaie 7 2 5 59 77 −18 6

Group Six
San Llera 17–14 Cosumar
Welcomzia 9–9 Nassau-Hessen (10–11 OT)

1 Cosumar 7 5 2 89 77 +12 15 Q
2 San Llera 7 4 3 85 76 +9 12
3 Nassau-Hessen 7 4 3 77 70 +7 12
4 Welcomzia 7 1 6 67 95 −28 3 E

Group Seven
Abanhfleft 8–3 Patistan
Electrum 7–9 Banija

1 Abanhfleft 7 6 1 74 49 +25 18 Q
2 Banija 7 5 2 71 48 +23 15 Q

3 Electrum 7 2 5 58 70 −12 6
4 Patistan 7 1 6 49 85 −36 3 E

Top four 3rd places team advance to play-in series. (win/loss, points, points for, points against)
Third Place            Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Nassau-Hessen 7 4 3 77 70 +7 12
2 Coreyo 7 3 4 86 87 −1 9
3 Natanians and Nosts 7 3 4 75 77 −2 9
4 The Sword Bloke 6 3 3 68 57 +11 9
----------------------------------------------
5 Electrum 7 2 5 58 70 −12 6
6 Allied Omaha 7 2 5 63 82 −19 6
7 Eastkhazia 7 2 5 60 91 −31 6
Last edited by New West Guiana on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

Pachatiti
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Warriors dominate Eastkhazia

Postby Pachatiti » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Good evening everyone. Earlier this evening, the Pachatitan warriors experienced yet another victory. This victory has caused great hope for the team. The team has already earned a nice sponsorship; yes, sponsorship, you heard that right. GenTrio- an extremely rich and powerful business has officially sponsored the Warriors, supplying them with state of the art equipment and gear, with the GenTrio logo as well, of course. With the combination of the players skills, the support of the fans, and the state of the art gear, the Warriors are sure to excel and proceed out of group four. Infact, the team has qualified for the round of 16! The team is currently working hard on improving their defensive plays and formations in hopes of defeating Azoria for the second time. Good luck warriors, and good night Pachatiti!
Last edited by Pachatiti on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"United we Stand, United we Stay" -The Allied States of Pachatiti

Current Foreign Relations Status:
Making great Economic Relations
Peacetime
Current Military Status:
Military on Standby

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:54 pm

"It has been a few weeks since we've checked in with Sarah Oleyson on the post-game sidelines, but now... We're about to do just that. And tonight's interview should be especially interesting... Sarah, who are you with?"

"I'm with Tony Tute.. The 6'1, 190 pound center-attacker. Tonight he scored five separate goals. I'm trying to get inside his mind here tonight... Tony? What were you thinking about?"

Tony flashed a devious-looking smile. He stood tilted to the side with his hands crossed on his stick handle. "Well, I read an article written by the other team's media last game. They were talking down on lacrosse and saying all this smarmy stuff. It stuck in my head."

"You sure seemed to be inspired out there. What was the difference?"

"It all comes down to fundamentals. That's all any of this is about. Tonight, we were just a little sharper. A little more quick. They tried too. They tried to be nonchalant about it. But their media writer set them up for the big loss that they got handed tonight. Now they go under .500 and we go to 6 and 1. But those are just numbers, right?"

"Right Tony... Those are just numbers."

The pair shared an awkward laugh and a weird moment in sports broadcast history.

"Actually, I'd like to take this time to mention a cause that's close to my heart. The Order of The Purple Cross is an international humanitarian aid organization that does a lot of good. They provide non-military aid to third world nations across the globe, doctors and stuff... Just keep them in mind when it comes time to donate during the approaching tax season."

"There you have it. Back to the studio."
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:07 pm

"Our team,is not the best,I know,but we do give our best,all of our players have the conscience that we'll not win this time,but in the next 2 or 3 WLCs we can be a power in world's lacrosse,ou infra-stucture is not the best,we don't have more or the bestsponsor or even we play a known sport,but we do it for the pleasure of be playing,we do it and our power when we are playing comes from the heart."
"Our style is not too traditional,but we do respect the sport and cheer for we do have more players in the future,well if we don't at least we can say that we have played the WLC 22,and we won some matches,so it's not bad this result at all,and even if we'd won only one game,the legacy would be great,obviously it'd not be the same,but it'd be good the same way!"
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Blurry Future For Lacrosse

With many lacrosse powerhouses falling and many minnows rising, what does the future hold?
by Oscar Cadlersa

In the last two World Lacrosse Championships, Cosumar have been unstoppable. They cruised to victory in both of those tournaments, annihilating Nassau-Hessen 17-3 in the final of World Lacrosse Championships 20 and dispatching Banija 9-4 in the final of WLC 20. In those two tournaments combined, Cosumar lost all of two games, while winning most by large margins.

Now, they are coming off of their second in three games against San Llera in this group stage, barely squeaking by in overtime for the lone victory. I, like the reader, would love to think that Cosumar are the same as before, but the San Lleran fighting spirit overtook them. See, in the past two tournaments, San Llera wasn't playing. Now, Cosumar has finally met their match.

But it should be known that of the lacrosse powers, Cosumar is one of the lucky.

You see, this tournament has been one for the underdogs. In fact, it has been so dominated by minnows that they have started to become not the underdog but the favorite. Dominating Group Five, at double the points of the second-place team, is lowly Vangaziland. The Isles of Azoria, in their first tournament, and Kaboomalndia, in their second tournament, are also at the top of their groups. Nassau-Hessen, runner-ups two editions ago and semifinalists last edition, are third in Group Six. A nation called Pachatiti have qualified for the Round of 16.

There is an upheaval going on in global lacrosse. Minnows are becoming powers, and powers are becoming minnows. The only question is who will luck out and who will be left behind.

What does the future hold?
Last edited by San Llera on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:38 am

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five Part Six

Truth is the Savior, Part Seven

Los Campaneros District
Releinthi, Abanhfleft

Tim Lane was trying his best to fall asleep on the couch of the RBI safehouse where he was now staying with Petronella Kellerman, the state witness that the Bureau hoped would be the one that would finally enable them to bring down the Yasenev-Kellerman-Ignacio crime syndicate. It had been a long time since he had slept on anything other than a soft bed, and so he found it hard to fall asleep on the couch. It had been easier when he was still a fugitive on the run from the law. Back then he could fall asleep at will, as he knew that he needed all the sleep that he could get while he was still free, because the crocs were damned sure not going to let him sleep if they caught him.

Helen, Selong and Jaroslaw were staying in a house beside the safehouse that had been put up for sale by its previous owners. They had bought the house using the money from the Novasaguntum job, with the four of them pitching in an equal share. Tim had decided that it would make a lot of people really suspicious if a bunch of people suddenly began staying in the RBI safehouse, so he had decided to put the others in the neighboring house so that while they weren't actually in the safehouse, they were near enough to help if ever he needed it.

The dinner between TIm and Petronella had been more civilized than the conversation that they had in her bedroom just minutes earlier. While eating, Petronella had told him more about her reasons why she had decided to turn snitch for the RBI against YKI. Tim didn't really care about what people did with their lives. All he knew was that he needed to keep this girl safe so that he could finally walk free from the specter of the Releinthi State University shooting.

Of course, just as Tim was finally beginning to feel himself drifting off into sleep, he heard a shuffling noise just outside the house. He got up off of the couch and stood up, trying to listen to the disturbance. But the surroundings went quiet once again, so he shrugged his shoulders, returned to the sofa, and tried to drift off to sleep once again.

Once again he heard the shuffling noise, and this time he could discern the sounds of footsteps underneath the shuffling. He rose up once again, but this time he kept most of his body out of sight of the windows and instead only peeked out through the window with his eyes. The streetlights in this part of town had still not yet been upgraded to the environment-friendly LED lights, and the old incandescent bulbs cast dim orange light upon the street. But even then Tim could see a single figure moving slowly through the safehouse's front yard. The person looked like a man, but a very young man at that; probably just a kid or a teen. Tim had heard from Helen that YKI sometimes used teenagers to "take care" of people that they thought stood in the way of their criminal empire. He wondered if this kid was one of those teenage assassins.

Tim slowly reached for his cellphone in his pocket and dialed Helen. "Yeah, Tim?" she replied at the other end of the line. She sounded a bit drunk--probably the result of her and Selong and Jaroslaw chugging down a few beers in their other house while Tim watched over the RBI state witness in the safehouse.

"I hear someone sneaking around the front yard," Tim told her. "It might be just a kid sneaking back to his house without getting caught by his parents, but just in case, get sober and get here." Tim killed the connection before Helen could reply and continued watching the kid. When he saw the kid turn for the safehouse's back yard, he knew that this kid meant trouble now. Tim rolled out of the sofa and began half-walking and half-crawling his way to the kitchen, where the back door was. He hoped that the kid would try to get into the house that way.

Before entering the kitchen Tim opened the cupboards and found what he was looking for: a Mossberg 500 shotgun. Durant had told him that all RBI safehouses had guns and other weapons stashed all over the place just in case the occupants had to defend themselves, and Tim had found the shotgun when he was rooting around the cupboards for some food. There was also a small pile of shells beside the shotgun, and Tim pocketed as many as he could before making his way to the kitchen.

Just as he arrived there, he heard the unmistakable sound of a lock being forced open with a pick. Quickly Tim began loading shells into the shotgun, and just as he had rammed home the final shell he heard the lock click open. He moved over to the light switch right as the door opened and the kid slowly stepped in. Tim brought his right hand over the switch, closed his eyes to preserve his vision, and then turned on the lights.

The kid recoiled as the light assaulted his eyes, which had become accustomed to the low light of the night. Tim opened his eyes once the lights were on, but his eyes still watered at the bright light, having been himself trying to force himself asleep just moments before. He was the first to recover,though, and he closed the back door and brought the shotgun's muzzle to the kid's gut.

"Whatcha doing here, boy?" he asked the kid. "You planning on killing the girl staying here?"

"Wait, you got this all wrong, man!" the kid shouted back. "I ain't no killer no more!"

"Yeah, that's what you say," Tim sneered. "Listen, boy, you're really lucky to be alive right now. If I wasn't thinking about whether to kill you right now or shooting off your hands, legs and dick just like Robocop, you'd be dead already."

"I told you, man, you got it all wrong!" the kid repeated. "I ain't a killer anymore! And I ain't here to kill nobody!"

"Wait!" a female voice behind them suddenly said. Tim and the kid turned around to see Petronella standing in the doorway to the kitchen. "Don't kill him!" she continued. "He's my boyfriend!"

"Him?" Tim said, looking at the kid. He barely looked sixteen. "Your boyfriend? Really?"

"I don't live in the Stone Age like you do, you know," Petronella replied, but there was no hint of sarcasm or snobbery in her voice. Instead, she went over to the kid and began checking him. "Are you okay?" she asked him. "Did he hurt you?"

"Not really," the kid replied. "Just threatened to blow off my dick and stuff."

"His name's Paul Chudley," Petronella told Tim. "If you don't believe me, then you can call your buddies in the Bureau to confirm it."

"All right," Tim said. "But stay there where I can see you!" He then walked over to a corner of the kitchen and called Raphael Durant with his cellphone. After Durant had answered--quite groggily, as it was midnight and he had probably just fallen asleep himself, Tim told him everything, from hearing someone nosing around in the safehouse's front yard to confronting the kid that had tried to break into the house to Petronella telling him that he was her boyfriend.

"Ah, yes, Paul Chudley," Durant said from the other end of the line. "Yeah, he is Petronella's bae. He's got quite the backstory to him, too. He used to be an enforcer for YKI before Novoire's anti-organized crime campaign, and we rounded him up along with two dozen of his colleagues about a month ago. Then he went snitch on us while we gave him time to think in the prison, and now we let him loose for a while. I don't know what he's doing there or how he knew that Petronella's there... nope, it makes sense. They're an item. That means they tell each other everything. But you don't need to worry anymore. He's no danger."

"Okay, man," Tim said. "Thanks for the info." He ended the call and then said, "Sorry for ruining your little reunion," he told Petronella and Paul. "I'll be leaving you two lovebirds alone now."

In reality though, Tim was just at the other side of the wall of the kitchen, trying to listen to whatever the two were going to be talking about. Most of the conversation was just the usual lovey-dovey stuff between two people who feel that they're very much in love with each other. It was only when Petronella's tone suddenly turned hostile that Tim tuned back in to their conversation.

"Why did you do that, Paul!?" she demanded.

"It was the only thing I could do to keep them trusting me," Paul replied.

"But he was the only one who really supported me!" Petronella said. "He was the only one who treated me like another human!"

"But the Bureau wants to land a big fish, and he was the easiest one I could help them get."

"But still!"

"Look, Ella, I'm sorry that I had to do what I did. But it's the only way to save my skin. Truth is the savior. We'll just have to live with the consequences of what I did."

After that, Petronella and Paul went to their sentimental lovey-dovey stuff, and then Paul finally said goodbye to Petronella. Petronella tried to hold him back, but Paul was adamant. He gave Petronella a final goodbye and kiss, and then Tim heard him slipping out of the back door. Tim rushed back to the living room just before Petronella went out of the kitchen and saw that he had eavesdropped on them.

All sorts of questions were running through Tim's mind right now. What did Paul Chudley do that had Petronella Kellerman all worked up? He contented himself with the fact that whatever the Chudley kid did, he would find out in the morning news.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:08 am

Banija wins fourth in a row against Electrum and goes for group stage sweep against Patistan

Marko Babic celebrates the game's 9th goal in his return from injury

ISTRIA- In a very close game in Istria, where the game was even and back & forth for the entire game, Banija was able to pull off a 9-7 home victory. Star player Marko Babic made his return in the 3rd quarter to a standing ovation from the crowd, and scored the game's final goal with 35 seconds left to give Banija a 9-7 lead, which would ensure the victory for the home side. The team is really heating up, winners of 4 in a row, and Dejan Polek was happy that his team had clinched a spot in the knockout stages with two games to go. He said that the team would push to accomplish the goal of any team in the group stage, which had to be winning the group. The first step to do that would be completing the group stage sweep against Patistan, who would be Banija's next opponents.

The game was tight throughout, and Electrum and Banija battled for the entirety of the match. The game opened with Nemanja Kerryzovic putting the ball in the back of the net, though Electrum responded with two quick goals to pull ahead 2-1 early in the game. Electrum was not going to get embarrassed like they were on their home field against Banija, and they were fighting for automatic qualification to the knockout stages. This was a must-win game if they were to accomplish that goal, and they truly left everything on the field. The skill and passion of the Banijan players however, especially playing in front of their home crowd, meant they were able to match the intensity of the visiting side, and went into halftime tied 4-4.

The game was tied 5-5 late in the 3rd quarter, and after warming up for a few minutes, Marko Babic substituted into the game. He was subsituted with a large standing ovation from this home crowd, who have appreciated his ability to heal from the injury and get back and fight. His playing time was clearly limited by Dejan Polek, as he was still rusty after not playing lacrosse for 3 weeks, and he was a little out of shape. However, it has been said that he's been working as hard as possible to get back into playing shape, and it showed, as he was able to be effective for his limited minutes.

He made a big difference in the 4th quarter. The game was tied 7-7 with 4 minutes to go in the game, and Marko Babic made the assist on a pass to get Kerryzovic wide open, and Kerryzovic was able to bury the ball into the back of the net and gave Banija an 8-7 lead, a lead they would not relinquish. With 35 seconds left, just as Dejan Polek was getting ready to pull him off for an extra defender, Marko Babic scored his team's 9th goal, and announced to the world in thunderous fashion that he is indeed back, and that he is ready to play. The goal really stopped all of Electrum's momentum, as many thought Electrum would tie it. However, he was a deadly finisher on the counter-attack, and Banija was able to hang on for a 9-7 victory over Electrum. They finished 2-1 against Electrum, going 1-1 at home and 1-0 on the road.

Their next game is against group cellar dwellers Patistan. Patistan, due to Banija's win against Electrum and Abanhfleft's victory over Patistan, has officially been eliminated from the tournament with two games left to play in the group stages. However, there is nothing more dangerous than a team that has nothing to lose, playing in front of their home crowd. Dejan Polek told reporters that he would warn his team that Patistan would be an especially dangerous opponent, as they are playing their last home game of this tournament, and they were playing for pride and to be spoiler for Banija, which would push them forward. He told reporters that his team would have to be focused on Patistan to get the victory, and that they could not look ahead to the group stage's last game against Abanhfleft, where it would be winner-takes-all in Group 7. He said that it would not mean anything unless Banija could defeat Patistan, and he would remain focused on winning their last away game of the tournament.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Group One
United States of Devonta 13–5 The Serbian Empire
Namber 9–6 Frenline Delpha

1 United States of Devonta 6 5 1 71 49 +22 15
2 Namber 7 5 2 85 74 +11 15
4 The Serbian Empire 7 3 4 61 71 −10 9
5 Frenline Delpha 6 0 6 38 72 −34 0

Group Two
Omerica 10–10 Swibia (11–12 OT)
Coreyo 14–9 Kaboomlandia

1 Kaboomlandia 8 5 3 101 77 +24 15
2 Coreyo 8 4 4 100 96 +4 12
3 Omerica 8 4 4 87 86 +1 12
4 Swibia 8 3 5 72 101 −29 9

Group Three
Allied Omaha 11–13 West Guiana
Star United States 13–9 The Jeckish Union

1 Star United States 8 6 2 99 66 +33 18
2 West Guiana 8 6 2 88 59 +29 18

3 Allied Omaha 8 2 6 74 95 −21 6
4 The Jeckish Union 8 2 6 57 98 −41 6

Group Four
The Isles of Azoria 9–12 Eastkhazia
Vermark 5–5 Pachatiti (7–6 OT)

1 The Isles of Azoria 8 6 2 98 71 +27 18
2 Pachatiti 8 5 3 97 71 +26 15

3 Eastkhazia 8 3 5 72 100 −28 9
4 Vermark 8 2 6 68 93 −25 6

Group Five
Ko-oren 11–11 Natanians and Nosts (12–13 OT)
Vangaziland 14–9 Albaie

1 Vangaziland 8 7 1 82 69 +13 21
2 Natanians and Nosts 8 4 4 88 89 −1 12
3 Ko-oren 8 3 5 84 73 +11 9
4 Albaie 8 2 6 68 91 −23 6

Group Six
Cosumar 23–10 Nassau-Hessen
San Llera 16–3 Welcomzia

1 Cosumar 8 6 2 112 87 +25 18
2 San Llera 8 5 3 101 79 +22 15
3 Nassau-Hessen 8 4 4 87 93 −6 12
4 Welcomzia 8 1 7 70 111 −41 3

Group Seven
Patistan 9–9 Banija (9–10 OT)
Abanhfleft 16–13 Electrum

1 Abanhfleft 8 7 1 90 62 +28 21
2 Banija 8 6 2 81 57 +24 18

3 Electrum 8 2 6 71 86 −15 6
4 Patistan 8 1 7 58 95 −37 3

Third Place            Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Omerica 8 4 4 87 86 +1 12
2 Nassau-Hessen 8 4 4 87 93 −6 12
4 Ko-oren 8 3 5 84 73 +11 9
-----------------------------------------------------
5 Eastkhazia 8 3 5 72 100 −28 9
6 Allied Omaha 8 2 6 74 95 −21 6
7 Electrum 8 2 6 71 86 −15 6
Last edited by New West Guiana on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Domestic sports leagues

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Banija completes 3 game sweep of Patistan with 10-9 overtime victory; sets up faceoff with Abanhfleft for 1st place in Group 7

Banija celebrates game winning goal against Patistan in sudden death

PATISTAN- Banija fought hard and earned its 5th straight victory in the WLC 22, when they won 10-9 away from home against Patistan to complete the group stage sweep against Patistan, and set up a winner-takes-all showdown against group leaders Abanhfleft, who are 3 points ahead of Banija in the standings. Veteran player Nemanja Kerryzovic, the 37 year old starter, scored the game winner in overtime, prompting large celebrations from the Banijan sideline. Banija earned this win, as they had to crawl back from an 8-6 deficit to start the 4th quarter, and they played hard against probably the best Patistan has played this entire tournament.

Banija did not start strong this game. While many observers did not expect large turnout for this game, this was the highest attended game that Patistan has hosted in this tournament. There was large numbers of Patistinians turning out to watch their team play for the last time, and do it against defending WLC finalists Banija, who finished 4-0 on the road in this tournament. This surprising turnout allowed Patistan to ride the energy and flow of their home crowd, and race to a 2-0 lead to start the game. Banija used their first half timeout earlier than any other time in this tournament, using it just 6 minutes into the game. The crowd was rocking, Patistan was on fire, and Banija needed to regain their composure. Banija needed to find a way to win against a team that wanted to do nothing more than crush Banija's goal of obtaining the top spot in Group 7, a spot that Abanhfleft has held after every single game of this tournament.

After making some substitutions, Marko Babic was able to enter the game. He played a starter's minutes, and he played very well. After the match, Dejan Polek did confirm that their best player would indeed be in full strength for the rubber match of Group 7, the match to decide whether Banija or Abanhfleft would enter the knockout stages of this tournament as group winners, or simply group runner-up. Marko Babic scored a goal only 2 minutes after he substituted onto the field, and the 1st quarter ended 2-1. The game was more evenly matched in the 2nd quarter, with the Banijan captain Pavle Yankovich getting a goal alongside Ethan Zwic, and Banija and Patistan went into the half tied at 5. Instead of a stroll to the rubber match of Group 7, Banija was in for a dogfight, and their game against Abanhfleft might not even matter.

The third quarter started similarly to the 1st quarter, except worse for Banija. They allowed a quick goal at the beginning, but then it stayed 6-5 Patistan for a while. But then a mistake by Aleksa Bibic allowed a penalty shot for Patistan, who slotted it home for a 7-5 lead. Marko Babic made the score 7-6, but a goal at the very end of the 3rd quarter made it 8-6 to Patistan, and many observers believed that the upset of the tournament was occurring right in front of their eyes. Banija, however, had other ideas, and they would not sit idly by while Patistan ruined their momentum going into the knockout stages.

Veteran Jovan Lukic, the 35 year old who was injured for WLC 21, played a huge role in the come back off of the bench. Jovan Lukic was able to rally his team forward, and he said that he wanted this entry into the WLCs to be different than the last one. He wanted to win this group this time, and he wanted to win the entire tournament. He scored a goal to make it 8-7 Patistan, and he assisted on the game-tying goal by Ethan Zwic to make it 8-8. Inside of two minutes, Patistan and Banija traded goals to make it 9-9, and Allen Van Pierce made a massive save at the end of the game to force overtime. It was to be sudden death between these two teams, and Banija ended up prevailing.

Jovan Lukic, the bench player who had a huge game today, assisted on the game winning goal. He was able to give the ball to Nemanja Kerryzovic on a man up situation, and Kerryzovic slotted the ball into the back of the net and was able to clinch the victory for Banija. Celebrations ensued on the bench, because of the way they came back against Patistan, and fought against the odds in the 4th quarter to claw back and win this game. It set up a scenario in their last group stage game against Abanhfleft where Banija would still be able to win the game. Since the first tiebreaker is head to head, and they are 1-1 against each other, the winner of Abanhfleft @ Banija would be the group winner, while the loser would place 2nd in the group.

Both teams have been some of the strongest teams at this tournament, putting in consistently good performances night in and night out. Banija sits at a solid 6-2, and if they defeat Abanhfleft to win the group, they will give themselves an opportunity to become a favorite to go the distance, a status they had lost after losing their first two home games to Electrum and Abanhfleft respectively. Banija will leave it all on the field, and in front of their home crowd, especially with a team this hot that has won 5 in a row, supporters are confident that they will be able to get win #6 and win Group 7, sending them on a high note when they fly to New West Guiana for the round of 16.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports