NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby League World Cup 15: Signups CLOSED

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu May 21, 2015 1:25 pm

In!
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hutanjia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:46 am

Just an update to let you all know that the RLWC is still going to happen soon. I am talking with Green Jello Salad about a co-host bid right now. Should he not be able to do it for RL reasons, I would still be interested in pushing things through with another possible co-host, preferably someone pretty handy with scorination. TG me if you're interested to sign up as a back up. Feel free to put in a host bid on your own, as well.

State of Europa
Secretary

Founded: May 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Europa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:15 pm

i'm in

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:26 am

We will still be taking host bids and extend the sign ups for at least a week (11th June), in order to get some solid bids in and expand the competitor field. Thank you for your patience.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:59 am

Eh, why not. Count me in.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Logria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Logria » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm

LOGRIA - RLWC XV HOST BID

FORMAT
Initial round robin group stage, ideally with participant numbers as a multiple of four. Will be drawn into X groups of four, with the top two from each group (and the top Y third placed teams if required) also making it to the round of sixteen. Any ties in groups will be decided by head to head results, followed by points difference, then points scored. From there, it's a straight knockout tournament.

SCORINATOR
That would be Xkoranate.

VENUES
Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Aldos Park, Broadferry (cap 51,000)
Central Stadium, Springfield (cap, 26,000)
Whedon Road, Filby (cap 24,000)
Riverside Park, Shelcastle (cap 22,000)
Speake Road, Helling (cap 18,000)
Scarlets Park, Eccleston (cap 15,000)
Runsfield Road, Winsdean (cap 13,000)

QUESTIONS
Are greatly received.

Why yes, this is similar to my RLWCVI bid. But hey, if it ain't broke...
Last edited by Logria on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fans of the odd-shaped ball, brought to you by the unhinged mind behind Krytenia.
Please note the two nations have no IC connection.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:27 pm

Logria wrote:LOGRIA - RLWC XV HOST BID

FORMAT
Initial round robin group stage, ideally with participant numbers as a multiple of four. Will be drawn into X groups of four, with the top two from each group (and the top Y third placed teams if required) also making it to the round of sixteen. From there, it's a straight knockout tournament.

SCORINATOR
That would be Xkoranate.

VENUES
Royal Stadium, Palliston (cap 80,000)
Aldos Park, Broadferry (cap 51,000)
Central Stadium, Springfield (cap, 26,000)
Whedon Road, Filby (cap 24,000)
Riverside Park, Shelcastle (cap 22,000)
Speake Road, Helling (cap 18,000)
Scarlets Park, Eccleston (cap 15,000)
Runsfield Road, Winsdean (cap 13,000)

Why yes, this is similar to my RLWCVI bid. But hey, if it ain't broke...

Uh, tiebreakers?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:58 pm

There is definitely some information missing from this bid.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:There is definitely some information missing from this bid.

Not if you're talking about Krytenia he needs very little to explain for his bids.

Oh and even though I have watched ruby once and had no idea WTH I was watching, why of course i'll sign-up anyways. :)
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

The State of Panem
Attaché

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The State of Panem » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Panem's in and will be posting a bid soon

Uitbregen
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uitbregen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:05 am

Uitbregen in.
This is the IC re-incarnation of Cyborg Holland. Add 2971 posts and three RWC final losses.

Dislikes: You

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:05 pm

In
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Logria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Logria » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Logria wrote:-snip-

Uh, tiebreakers?

Whoops. Edited into bid.
Fans of the odd-shaped ball, brought to you by the unhinged mind behind Krytenia.
Please note the two nations have no IC connection.

Nassau-Hessen
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nassau-Hessen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Count me in

The State of Panem
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Panem Hostbid

Postby The State of Panem » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Panem Rugby League World Cup 15 Hostbid

About Panem

The first question we always receive is are we related to the Panem portrayed in The Hunger Games and the question is both a "yes" and a "no." Yes, because we are Panemese and all thirteen of our Districts and the Capitol are still in existance but also "no" because we have undergone a regime change. It has been almost ten years since President Snow (the corrupt and tyrannical ruler of Panem for those of you who may not know) has been deposed and since then, we have had two rounds of successful national elections and a fully functioning republic. Another question you will likely ask is why should you choose Panem for the RLWC 15? The answer is simple for as successful hosts for over 75 different national fighting tournaments to the death known as the Hunger Games, we have plenty of experience in hosting tournaments, although our are now far less lethal and inhumane. We have both sophisticated infrastructure and well trained experts who can easily handle the hosting of this tournament ICly. Not to mention, our arenas are very versatile and can be formed to fit any sport, including rugby. For this league, we will be having venues in each of our districts for the groups that will play off, exact definitions about the venues will be provided in our IC page if we are chosen.

Format and Scorination

For this game, we will be using the Rugby League function on Xkorinate as our primary scorinator. Ideally, we would like to have 32 nations sign up and our schedule will be based on that presently but we will change it fit the exact number and according to our records, about 27 individuals have signed up for this competition so far. Players will be divided into pools of ideally four-five nations where we will play two elimination rounds, the top two nations from each pool advancing into the tournament. Nations will be allotted among the pools randomly through a groups generator and the two winners of each group will play each other, advancing into the semi-final rounds. Any ties in the eliminations pools for who will advance will be determined by number of goals scored, and goal differences. This is our preferred format below
Code: Select all
4-2-\                            /-2-4
       2  \                /   2
4-2-/     \            /       \-2-4
               1 - -  1
4-2-\      /            \       /-2-4
      2    /                \   2
4-2-/                            \-2-4

Experience or lack thereof ;)

If my bid is selected, this will be my first official hosting for NS. I haven't been able to get any prior experience in hosting due to the lack of hosting but you gotta start somewhere. I have had experience using both Xkorinate and in scorinating games (i hosted by own private tournaments for leagues with in my country). This is moderatly new nation but with my past ones which have turned ripe with age, I have played in the World Cup (2x) and in the Olympics (2x). I also did scorinate for a small golf tournament with a few nations a while back. While I may not be the most experienced around the block or the freshest noob, I do believe I can handle this tournament and run it to the best of my ability, So Help me Max. Let me know if you have any questions, unless you want to ask about my personal life, in which you will have to take a raincheck for that

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:08 am

Panem, I like the ICly aspect of your bid. I like the OOCly aspect of Logria/Krytenia. If you two got together on this, it would be so smooth. I hope to get the rankings of the past RLWC players soon.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Logria posting as other nation here. Panem's asked about combining bids; I've said that the RLWC doesn't need two hosts, but I'd be happy to step back and act as advisor to them hosting.

Should Panem accept, consider the Logrian bid withdrawn; news from either Panem or myself once a decision has been made.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

The State of Panem
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The State of Panem » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Krytenia wrote:Logria posting as other nation here. Panem's asked about combining bids; I've said that the RLWC doesn't need two hosts, but I'd be happy to step back and act as advisor to them hosting.

Should Panem accept, consider the Logrian bid withdrawn; news from either Panem or myself once a decision has been made.

Panem accepts

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Rugby League World Cup XV Bid: Royal Kingdom of Quebec

Rugby in Quebec

Rugby, both Union and League, is a popular sport in Royal Kingdom of Quebec. It overlaps much of season with Gridiron football in both college and professional levels, but its spread-out schedule and different nature of teamwork and grit kept rugby in a very close second place to gridiron football, in terms of popularity in Summer season sports (March-October). It is very popular at both professional, state and collegiate level, and Quebecois National Team will give its best to do well at home. Expect huge, loud and enthusiastic crowd to fill gigantic stadiums.

Format
Ideally we go for 32, in which case a standard tournament - 8 groups of 4 in the first round, two proceed, etc, in a single round format. Should that does not happen, however, the format will most likely be adjusted to meet the needs, most likely to 28 team format with 4 teams in 7 groups, with top two third-placers qualifying.

Tiebreakers come in the order of points (two for a win, one for a draw), GD, H2H, GF, tie-breaker match.

But what is your nation?

Located in Northern AO, Royal Kingdom of Québec is a nation known for its majestic environment, rich culture and claims one of its region's most educated and cultured population. Led by His Imperial Majesty the Jacques IX, the country is a semi-constitutional monarchy, with both the royalty and the democracy playing a huge role in Quebecois politics. With a high HDI rating and affluent economy, Royal Kingdom of Québec is an advanced nation with long years of peace and stability within the nation, while still allowing for societal and economic progress over the course of its history. With a beautiful environment, advanced economy, state-of-art infrastructure and love of most team sports, Royal Kingdom of Québec is your place to go for your once-in-a-lifetime voyage that welcomes every traveler with smile and cheer.

Since it's the offseason in both gridiron and association football (ICly held in June), matches will be played in major stadiums hosting (a) Kibera/QRL team(s), ensured by a RLWC break in middle of rugby season. Due to the nation's long history of hosting major profile tournaments, infrastructure and converting stadium seatings and fields to meet the requirements won't take much and the tournament will proceed very smoothly.

RPing Opportunities

Royal Kingdom of Quebec is, for most part, a peaceful social democracy, with semi-constitutional monarchy sharing power with the people and the parliament. That doesn't mean there won't be RP opportunities. With the nation having very volatile weather, their experiences in the nation could vary as much as they'd like. There might be rainy days, there might be snow-filled days, who knows? Such opportunities using weather or any other event will be posted right below the scores, or in a separate post.

There will also be other bonus RP opportunities (that you can ignore if you want) next to some of the scorinated matches, that may feature some crazy events. I've used these opportunities in past tournaments and would look forward to use it again in this RLWC, by featuring old and new series of crazy events happening to the matches.

Also, the Imperial Rugby Association (IRA) is desperately trying to make this a success in order to expand its horizons and improve its financial viability by better broadcasting rights and so on. Expect a lot of hype and organisational desperations during the Rugby League World Cup.

Scorinator
Xkoranate with SQIS will be used.

RP Bonuses
RP bonuses will be cumulative and non-degrading. Rosters will provide an additional bonus, though it won't be fixed and instead be dependent on its quality. I won't be receiving any RP bonuses unless I RP, and I will request another user to scorinate a match for me, should I qualify in playoff stage.

Experience
When it comes to hosting, the user behind this is no stranger as well. Royal Kingdom of Québec has hosted or co-hosted the Baptism of Iron XIV and XV, World Junior Hockey Championships VI and VIII, World Bowl XIV, World Cup of Hockey XXV and XXVI, International Basketball Championships XVIII and Baptism of Fire LVII. The user behind the nation is currently the President for the World Cup of Hockey Federation and a longtime member in many sporting committees. He also has hosted many seasons of domestic hockey and football leagues, including many for Quebec and last 2 for Norrehavn. In terms of rugby, he's been operating two rugby leagues for 2 cycles: multinational Kibera Super Rugby (Rugby Union, 7 nations) and domestic Quebec Rugby League (Rugby League).

Schedule
The thread will open in the very next day of the voting announcement, with the MD1 cutoff happening in 5 days time. I'd expect it to end, at the latest, 30th of June. Should the competition be extended past 30th in terms of timetable, a 2-day break will be taken to allow for my temporary move to Seoul for the Summer (the user currently resides in Toronto, Canada).
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Borxinoia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Borxinoia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:02 am

Were in

Maltta
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Maltta » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 am

OOC; do you need to have knowledge about rugby to be in?

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:09 am

Maltta wrote:OOC; do you need to have knowledge about rugby to be in?

I don't think so. In most sporting events, all you have to do to join is just say that you're in (and maybe confirm a puppet if you have one). Besides, there have been a number of people who join things who don't even post a roster, let alone do an RP, so knowing how to do something isn't really that important.

But still, it might be a good idea to know what rugby is, just in case you do want to do an RP or something like that. Since this is a rugby league tournament (rugby league being a bit different to the more well-known rugby union), it might be a good idea to start there. I recommend looking it up on Google, watching matches on YouTube (like this one from Australia), going to a match if possible... Things like that.

Any questions or anything like that, don't be afraid to ask.
Last edited by Elejamie on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Maltta
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Maltta » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:11 am

Elejamie wrote:
Maltta wrote:OOC; do you need to have knowledge about rugby to be in?

I don't think so. In most sporting events, all you have to do to join is just say that you're in (and maybe confirm a puppet if you have one). Besides, there have been a number of people who join things who don't even post a roster, let alone do an RP, so knowing how to do something isn't really that important.

But still, it might be a good idea to know what rugby is, just in case you do want to do an RP or something like that. Since this is a rugby league tournament (rugby league being a bit different to the more well-known rugby union), it might be a good idea to start there. I recommend looking it up on Google, watching matches on YouTube (like this one from Australia, going to a match if possible... Things like that.

Any questions or anything like that, don't be afraid to ask.

thanks!

im in then

Welcomzia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Welcomzia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Welcomzia would like to sign-up for he World Cup.
Last edited by Welcomzia on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:41 am

All sign ups caught up to this point.

One more day to put in a host bid. Sign ups will close temporarily tomorrow and re-open (or not) at the elected host's discretion.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports