NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 71 Roster Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:05 pm

NEU ENGOLLON NATIONAL FOOTBALL SQUAD 'GOATS'

Coach Staff

Coach: Zoran Kostic, 33 (Konstanz)
Assistant Coach: Hans Dettmann, 35 (Schwartzgarten)
Head Trainer: Tomas Fiorelli, 30 (Panoli)

First Team

Goal

#2 Oskar Flegzut, 24 (Schwartzgarten) 59 Caps

Defenders

#5 Marco Fantinelli, 22 (Canterlot Stars, Equestrian States) 64 Caps, 3 goals
#8 Karsten Rottentuf, 23 (Wurzemburg) 63 Caps, 2 goals
#15 Gabriel Lecuyer, 28 (Dronero) 40 caps, 3 goals

Midfielders

#14 Gaston Labrecq, 25 (Telleursville) 59 Caps, 11 Goals
#16 Stephane Manion, 26 (Paysban TU, Earent) 64 caps, 13 goals
#18 Matteo Grazzani, 23 (Appleoosa HC, Equestrian States) 62 caps, 12 goals
#22 Joachim Brenz, 29 (Burgunden) [Capt] 67 caps, 17 goals

Strikers/Forwards

#30 Andre Langlois, 23 (Monleux) 48 caps, 11 goals
#33 Danijel Babić, 21 (Konstanz) 12 caps, 4 goals
#31 Erich Siebech, 24 (Stivarnel GU, Earent) 68 caps, 25 goals

Bench

GK - #4 Ignacio Anselmetti, 26 (Torino) 42 caps
DF - #13 Salvatore Bessorini, 21 (Panoli) 20 caps, 1 goal
DF - #11 Dragan Milic, 20 (Konstanz) 21 caps, 1 goal
DF - #19 Wolfgang Grosser, 22 (Goertenthal) 46 caps, 2 goals
M - #17 Alessandro Columbano, 24 (Ciavno) 47 caps, 11 goals
M - #24 Johann Hausenbech, 33 (Ludenthal) 43 caps, 9 goals
SK - #25 Jean Ziendler, 19 (Neuhausen) 21 cap, 6 goals

MAIN HOME STADIUMS
Burgunden Dome (147,670)
Capital Center, Telleursville (67,000)
Omholt Center, Schwartzgarten (53,225)
Griffincrest Stadium, Panoli (89,450)

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players TG me first
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players TG me first
Godmod other events TG me First. Obviously, I'm pretty game as I haven't even revealed who the clone Goats are

Style Modifier: + 0.7

Needs to be edited for caps and goals from the last CoH soon.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Sandwich Territories
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sandwich Territories » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:39 pm

The Official Sandwich Territories World Cup 71 Squad

(Image)
Official Nickname: The Royals
Formation: 3-4-3
Playing Style: +1

NOTES: All home games are played at Parc na Saiorse in Port Trádáil.

(Image)

Courtesy of BNW Varin (The Kytler Peninsulae)

Kits

(Image)

Courtesy of Kirola Sports (Audioslavia)

ROSTER

Manager: Laurance Blaise (70)
Head Coach: Amadej Lama (41)
Assistant Head Coaches: Anton Ohme (53), Wenzel Pierce (45)

Position: Name-Number (Age)
*Denotes starter

*GK: Elian MacIntyre - #1 (27) [Olympique Davos]
GK: Knut Ré - #12 (28) [Worcester City]
GK: Vikrama Karimi - #23 (35) [Florence Park]

*CB: Diarmuid Capello - #2 (18) [Belmont Wanderers]
*CB: Seung Riese - #3 (36) [Florence Park]
CB: Zdravko Van Haanrade - #13 (30) [Dynamo Galaktik]
CB: Arsène Santana - #14 (36) [Mercer United]
*SW: Brennus Guarneri - #4 (35) CAPTAIN [Amherst United]
SW: Émilien Van Canne - #15 (33) [Dynamo Galaktik]

*RM: Brady Slezak - #5 (39) [Florence Park]
RM: Lachlan Varley - #16 (25) [New Waterford United]
*CM: Abraham Wegener - #6 (25) [FK/SC Swansea]
*CM: Adam Sergeant - #7 (22) [Winnipeg United - Royal Kingdom of Quebec]
CM: Tristan De Klerk - #17 (28) [Olympique Davos]
CM: Edward Sauvage - #18 (27) [Port Tradail Rangers]
*LM: Reggie Mateus - #8 (25) [AFC Northampton]
LM: Lucas De Santiago - #19 (25) [Union Palace FC]

*RW: Barukh Kjeldsen - #9 (20) [Iqualit Red Army - Royal Kingdom of Quebec}
RW: Tim Hermann - #20 (35) [Champlain Rovers]
*ST: Alexander Wolff - #10 (38) [Westminster Athletic]
ST: Derry Wilbur - #21 (25) [Olympique Davos]
*LW: Finnán Pavia -#11 (26) VICE-CAPTAIN [Port Tradail Rangers]
LW: Flamur Eason - #22 (37) [Amherst United]

Left Corners: Reggie Mateus
Right Corners: Abraham Wegener
Penalty Taker: Barukh Kjeldsen
Direct FK: Finnán Pavia
Indirect FK: Abraham Wegener

My opponent may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod Scoring Events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (Limit it though, please)
Godmod injuries to my players Y
Hand out Yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out Red cards to my players Y
Godmod Other Events Y (No deaths however)
Last edited by Sandwich Territories on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Kennan
Kennan Diplomat to The South Pacific

Ranked 58th in the World Cup Rankings
Total Olympic Medal Count: 1 (Silver)
Reimsburgh Blues Season 1 KHL Champions
Commissioner of the Kennan Hockey League and the Kennan Premier League
Original Member of the AAFL/AAFA
Reimsburgh Tech Mariners in NSCF
Host of the SBC Bowl, and the Kazarian Cup

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Allamunnic States » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Allamunnic States National Soccer Team

Nickname: College All-Stars
Style Modifier: +1.5
Coach: Donyld Kaart (Age: 39)
Base Formation: 4-3-3 (4 Strikers, 3 Midfielders, 3 Backfielders)
Please, TG before doing anything but scorers or game-ending injuries. Injuries outside of game-ending for a player are determined by myself. If you're going to godmod events, make sure it doesn't violate any of the above rules. TG me just to be safe with those. Don't do any penalizing worse than yellow cards without permission, please.

Team Overview:
This team is the Allamunnic college all-stars. The competitive standards of soccer in the Federation are low, and they were sent so that the actual national team would be free for the Cornellian Cup, which the Federation frankly considers to be of greater importance.

Players:

Goalkeeper
#03 Mikel Junnsunn

Backfielders
#10 Ruger Eriksunn
#31 Horys Lundgren
#09 Rikard Junnsunn

Midfielders
#24 Junn Raedur
#41 Wylas Hargreaves
#01 Viktur Aesh

Forwards
#54 Loren Gyngur
#12 Hellyn Myntur
#33 Tyna Maarkussunn
#26 Graagur Jurgenlunn
Last edited by Allamunnic States on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Varmelle
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Varmelle » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:55 am

Jack Eline, aged 17, wrote letters on his desk. One of these letters was to famed football fan, Ferdinand van Tango. He wrote to van Tango, asking why Varmelle never participated in international football competitions despite the support for the beautiful game. van Tango thought the same. One day, he was granted a meeting with Supreme Leader Lindsey Wells. While Wells was usually sober, van Tango had the "honour" of seeing an intoxicated one. And rumour has it that she is much easier to convince while under the influence. And so van Tango managed to convince her, and two years after the formation of the Board for Varmellese Football, the Outsiders now début on the international stage. Despite Wells being extremely intoxicated to the point where she was "...so drunk I don't mind if you kill me," she begrudgingly gives her support. What might be is now what might have been, and the Outsiders seek to achieve what might be.

Head Coach: Image Ferdinand van Tango
Assistant Coaches: Image Augustine Charisteas, Image Antonio Orlando Cadiz
Spiritual Advisor: Image Eleanor Wells
Formation: 4-2-1-3
Style Mod: +2.004

Roster
Goalkeepers
#1 - Leroy Finley - GK - 30 - Image Echinacea
#12 - Celyn Breckinridge - GK - 17 - Image Gala
#23 - Tyson Ikin - GK - 24 - Image FC Caesar

Defenders
#2 - Ross Pelletier - LB - 27 - Image Sankt Rollox
#3 - Robert Thomson - CB - 24 - Image The Transmission Party
#4 - Alex Hardy - CB - 22 - Image The Transmission Party
#5 - Eric Sarkozi - RB - 21 - Image Hollywood Winds
#13 - Irving Funkse - LB - 25 - Image Valium Athletic
#14 - Otis Coelho - CB - 20 - Image Sacre Coeur
#15 - Lorin Henry - RB - 21 - Image Gala

Midfielders
#6 - Dustin Baxter - DM - 26 - Image Miller Borough
#7 - Sebastyén Baumbach - CM - 23 - Image Manechester City HC
#8 - Juan Esteban - DM - 19 - Image AVi Magdelene
#16 - Corey Black - DM - 27 - Image AC Mar del Rey
#17 - Laurenz Platt - CM - 21 - Image Sacre Coeur
#18 - Paul McCarthy - DM - 24 - Image The Transmission Party
#19 - Didier Simpkin - CM - 22 - Image Gala

Forwards
#9 - Nick Kapranos - LW - 26 - Image The Transmission Party
#10 - Martin Faraldo - FC - 24 - Image FC Caesar
#11 - Gervásio Saunders - LW - 24 - Image FC Caesar
#20 - Hammond Henson - RW - 25 - Image Miller Borough
#21 - Al Whinery - FC - 22 - Image Association Camille
#22 - Quincy Reiher - RW - 23 - Image Sankt Rollox

Starting Line-Up

Kits
ImageImageImage
Home - Away - Third

RP Permissions
Can I choose your goalscorers? A: Only if I'm able to choose yours. Because it isn't fun when I can't choose your goalscorers for an RP.
Can I injure your players? A: TG me if you do, and we'll talk about how bad it is.
Can I book your players? A: Yes, but the most players you can card is three.
Can I eject your players? A: Yes, but you can only eject one player per match.
Can I godmod any events? A: Yes to goalscoring events, TG me on godmodding an injury.
Can I have fun while writing RPs? A: Yes.
Can I TG you if I have a good, insane idea? A: Yes, you may!
The Republic of Varmelle
Population - ~18,000,000 | Leader - Lindsey Wells | Capital (and largest city) - Gala | Region - Esportiva
The only difference is what might be is now what might have been.

Puppet of Yttribia, a Franz Ferdinand fan.

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:09 am

THE GREATER VALHALLAN FEDERATION OF POLAR ISLANDSTATES ROSTER FOR WORLD CUP 71
Nation Name: The Greater Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates
Demonym: Valhallans (or Polarians)
Team Nickname: The Terns
Official Supporters Group: The Twitchers

KIT COLOURS:
HOME - AWAY - KEEPER
ImageImageImage
HOME STADIUM:
Nasjonale Stadion - 67,481 (Franz Josef City)
HOME SUPPORT: The Ostkurven - Home of the Twitchers

STAFF:
Manager: Morten Rasmussen, 67
Record in Charge: P 223, W 173, D 29, L 21, GF 483, GA 173, GD +310, WP 77.6%
After guiding the Terns to three World Cup finals in a row, Rasmussen has added to his managerial CV by retaining the Copa Rushmori title on home soil, winning back the Cup of Champions, and reaching a fifth World Cup semi-final out of the last six editions. Sure, they lost to Osarius, but rumours of a slump persist thanks to a disastrous showing at the last Copa Rushmori as holders. Those with a head on their shoulders will hopefully see the facts for what they are. He has been a revelation in his tenure so far, but with the hardcore of the team that lifted the World Cup trophy now retired or ageing, the time for revolution is upon us. Several players are relatively new to the Terns shirt in this squad again, including his grandson. We've a strong record in recent years despite never actually lifting the trophy more than once, and we remain one of the teams to avoid. We like winning things though, and even though we'll now have to go through a cycle without the power of Gustaf Kolehmainen, I think we've got the strength to do it again. Heia Terns!

Assistant Manager: Iulian Finnibaturinn, 44
With the departure of Steffan Pekarik, Rasmussen turned to Surtsey Island Gulls coach Finnibaturinn to fill the seat to the right of him in the dugout. Finnibaturinn played for the Terns a huge ninety-seven times, four times as captain, and scoring four goals in the process. He might have retired just before Rasmussen took charge of the Terns, but that doesn't mean he was ever unknown to his new boss, with Rasmussen trying to sign him several times whilst FC Axel Heiburg manager. Pekarik was a born winner, and a tough fighter, and it is thought that Rasmussen has brought in Finnibaturinn because he shares those exact attributes. Once thought of as down and out, he fought his way back into the Terns squad after having found himself at imploded league after imploded league, with a move back to Surtsey and a Champions' Cup medal at Urbizania Wanderers to show for his efforts. Never gave up as a player, and doesn't do so as a coach either. An inspired appointment from Rasmussen.

PLAYERS:
#1 - GK - Iulian Kirilaunen - Age 33 - Image FC1. Surtsey Island Gulls Image - 133 Caps, 1 Goal
Kirilaunen marked being handed the number one jersey at Surtsey by almost immediately producing some outstanding performances to help the Gulls exceed all expectations with back-to-back appearances in the Champions' Cup semi-finals. Being thirty-three years old means he is a goalkeeper with almost immeasurable experience, and he represents his national team as the number one with all of the calmness and authority expected. During the match he catches the eye with his consistently good positioning and the organisation of his back four, and he holds onto the number one jersey thanks to his lack of reliance on the defence in front of him. His speed off his line when acting as a sweeper-keeper will no doubt save the day on the occasions that see his team-mates getting caught flat-footed, and against Saintland in WC68 he even became the first ever goalkeeper to score for the Terns.

#2 - DR - Moses Luc Bjerregaard - Age 26 - Image FC Endeavour (APX) Image - 116 Caps, 32 Assists, 11 Goals
At just seventeen years of age, Bjerregaard was the youngest player to get a call-up to the Terns squad since Alexsandr van Sorensen, and it's not hard to see why. Lightning fast speed, fearlessness, a wicked control of a dead ball, and a willingness to run at players that means Bjerregaard has all the credentials required to be a fine right winger. However, when you add a tough tackle, the ability to read the game, and a keen positional sense into the equation, it's easy to see why Bjerregaard makes such a devastating wing-back. Hence, he is perfect for Rasmussen's formation. His strength in the air can leave something to be desired, but he's still young, and with that youth comes further itchy feet that have resulted in his sudden transfer from SK Franz Josef City to FC Endeavour of Apox. Patchy form of recent years was put to bed at the last World Cup with some fine performances, and now he wants a medal.

#3 - DC - Aapo Nordenberg - Age 32 - Image Northbrook Diamonds FK Image - 123 Caps, 2 Assists, 8 Goals - Vice-Captain
Oyen-Spekke's retirement left a gap at centre-back that Rasmussen could have filled with any one of the many talented centre-backs that the nation is awash with at the moment. In the end, he opted for the player who was brought from FC Torshavn to East Franz Athletic to replace Oyen-Spekke there as well. Nordenberg had previously found it easy to slip under the radar and avoid the hype, though at East Franz his quietly impressive performances changed that, and he was sold to Ituraitz FC in order to balance the books; where he excelled. The implosion of the Astograthian league saw the Spires attempt to re-sign the player, but it was Northbrook's bid that tempted him more, and he joins his club captain Kohev Küngas-Vaga in the Terns back four now. Quiet, considered, and a scholar of the game, his game reading is excellent, meaning he is often able to make a challenge and prevent a dangerous situation before it even materialises. This lack of eye-catching last minute tackles contributes towards his relatively low-key profile, though they are of course also indicative of his ability to stop them being necessary in the first place. Tall, strong, and with a fine touch, Nordenberg is one of the ball-playing central defenders that are now becoming the vogue around the leagues. An instrumental part of both the World Cup winning squad and the squad that conceded only one goal as part of their Copa Rushmori defence.

#4 - DC - Willem Otkupshchikov - Age 29 - Image Gwinevra Barbarians (APX) Image - 50 Caps, 1 Assist, 3 Goals
Otkupshchikov represents one of those rare success stories where a player can grow and mature way down the leagues with a lesser team before a bigger team notices him and takes a chance on him, only to see said player blossom on the bigger stage and totally steal the limelight. Otkupshchikov did just that at Bjarnarey after having spent the first four years of his career Divisjon-jumping with Waldenoya Bears, and he now finds himself pinched across to Apox to play for Gwinevra Barbarians. Even better, Morten Salo being rested gave Otkupshchikov a chance in the starting line-up that he hasn't wasted, and hasn't given back. Tall, solid, and with an incredible work ethic, you won't see Otkupshchikov popping up in the opposition box much, but you will always be able to rely on him to be in the right place at the right time in his own box.

#5 - DL - Kohev Küngas-Vaga - Age 36 - Image Northbrook Diamonds FK Image - 245 Caps, 44 Assists, 23 Goals - CAPTAIN
This defender is well known and trusted by just about the entire nation, and after having taken the armband after the retirement of Alexsandr van Sorensen, Kohev will forever go down in history as the Terns' first World Cup winning skipper. As captain for club and country, he is a combative and battling left-back, though he is a talented centre back and defensive midfielder as well, and this enthusiasm and adaptability is something that Rasmussen has always been able to make good use of. After originally moving to the first team as a result of Edvar Folke's hamstring tear, his athleticism was called upon to offer support and attacks from down the left side, and he later ousted the SK defender from the starting XI entirely. One of the youngest players to ever move past a hundred caps for his country, he has moved past his second century and is eyeing up that record caps total set by van Sorensen. He had said that the Copa would see his last involvement in a Terns shirt, but with that particular story ending how it did, it comes as no surprise to see him pushing to end his career at a World Cup.

#6 - DMC - Eikr Lillehammer - Age 33 - Image Cednia Beach AFC (TUR) Image - 126 Caps, 12 Assists, 7 Goals
Eikr Lillehammer was never even in contention for an u-21s berth in his youth, and indeed he was let go by the Northbrook Academy without much fanfare and picked up by AFK Hans Island Pioneers. Performances there lead SK Aasiaat Harbour to acquire his services, and by the end of his first year there he’d very much played his way into being one of the first names on the team sheet. With a battling mentality and a whole heap of confidence, Eikr is flying, and Rasmussen had an easy decision when it came to deciding who was going to replace Sudesval in the starting line-up. He played astonishingly well in the World Cup final, earning the Man of the Match award for his endeavours as well as the chance to make a move to Turori giants Cednia Beach AFC. Always one to rely on in the big games, Lillehammer put together a string of impressive performances as his club powered to the Globe Cup title a few seasons ago - let's hope he'll be bringing the same determination to the Terns this time around.

#7 - MC - Bjorn Konigstein - Age 28 - Image SK Franz Josef City Image - 92 Caps, 18 Assists, 13 Goals
With all the money at SK's disposal and all the attraction of playing for the biggest club in the Federation, they can pretty much bring in whoever they want. How refreshing, therefore, that the diminutive Bjorn Konigstein has fought his way through the youth academy and has been commanding a place in the starting line-up for years now. Full of enthusiasm and energy, he's got a sort of magnetic presence on the pitch that just seems to draw the ball towards him, and he is adept at launching forwards and finishing attacks with a sweet strike from the edge of the area in his role as a classic box-to-box midfielder. As with many players, Rasmussen was impressed with his performances during a test run at a Copa, and as such he's now here to stay as part of the starting line-up. A real talent.

#8 - MC - Eidur Gunnlaugsson - Age 23 - Image FC Axel Heiburg Image - 30 Caps, 10 Assists, 6 Goals
It takes a special kind of talent to get called up into the starting line-up of the Terns aged just twenty, but that is just what Eidur Gunnlaugsson did. The famed Haapa-Mechelin Youth Academy of Axel Heiburg has had something of a dry spell in terms of output recently, but Gunnlaugsson's emergence turns that on its head. Already one of the first names on the team sheet for his club, a dearth of impressive performances from midfielders a few World Cups ago led Rasmussen to consult his notes and find himself unable to come up with a reason why he shouldn't call up Gunnlaugsson. Neither of them have looked back since. Quick, combative, and with a visionary eye for a pass, Gunnlaugsson could be one of the Multiverse's great deep lying playmakers if he continues to develop like this.

#9 - ST - Victor Larsen - Age 29 - Image Spartangrad (EUR) Image - 61 Caps, 11 Assists, 25 Goals
Huge, hulking, physically intimidating, and with a foot like a traction engine, Victor Larsen is notable for being - along with Yann-Erik Nilsson - the first black Polarian to ever be called up to the national team. Impressive with the Chicks at u-21s level, his pace and raw power can change the game in an instant, and he was doing just that with Red Star in Divisjon One. Spartangrad in Eura took interest in him as a result, and he now plays in the ever-strengthening Euran league. Described as a human battering ram, he provided something very different from the bench, and whilst he never found a way to gel quickly with Kolehmainen, Rasmussen will now be looking to the powerfully built half-Djocorangan to replace the goals lost when the talismanic Kolehmainen retired at the end of the last Copa. No pressure, then.

#10 - AMC - Alexis Zeljeznicar - Age 32 - Image East Franz Athletic Image - 106 Caps, 39 Assists, 22 Goals
After starting out for Astograthian side South Factory courtesy of their Polarian connections, Zeljeznicar was snapped up by the famous Ituraitz FC when South Factory were relegated. He is a former striker that has since retreated to a more supporting role; pacy, aggressive, a handful in the box for both sets of players, and wickedly talented. Despite having visibly calmed down recently, he appeared to struggle with the huge task of replacing van Sorensen in the number ten position, and Rasmussen made the decision to drop him to the bench before dropping him altogether. With the demise of Astograth's league he got lost a little in the national set-up during the course of his switch to East Franz, and when Luar Dardan switched allegiance to the Terns it was Zeljeznicar who found himself out of a spot. At one point, the thought of him ever reaching a century of caps for his country seemed laughable even. His confidence has returned with maturity however, and after taking the long way round this talented midfielder is a star for the Terns once again. Some say this might be his last cycle in the iconic Terns jersey. That remains to be seen, but we're all looking forward to what he's planning to do in it between now and making that decision.

#11 - ST - Rauno Bickermann - Age 24 - Image Red Star Severny Image - 24 Caps, 3 Assists, 7 Goals
Rauno Bickermann's emergence in the Red Star starting eleven has coincided neatly with their run up the table, and this is no coincidence. Powerful, strong on the ball, tough to shake off and with a knack of finding the right channels to run into at the right time, Bickermann's touch-to-shot ratio is impressive to say the least. Scoring goals is the first, second, and last thing on his mind, but even so he finds the time to play the supportive target man if he's asked to, holding onto the ball and releasing a team-mate through on goal at just the right moment. An exciting talent just waiting to be moulded into a team player of the highest calibre. He keeps his exciting chance in the starting eleven here thanks to his supporting work whilst having Kolehmainen for a strike partner, and his game has visibly improved thanks to that time together. For now he'll be aiming to improve his assists tally as he plays ever so slightly second fiddle to Larsen, but there are whispers that he could be as good as Skye one day, so watch out for him and his ambition.

#12 - GK - Leif Ulsletten - Age 30 - Image Red Star Severny Image - 25 Caps, 1 Assist
Originally making it into a Copa squad thanks to Alexis Sand carrying a minor niggle, Rasmussen once again used the Copa to turn to Red Star goalkeeper Ulsletten and give him a promotion. That time, it was into the number one jersey, and he never looked back as he played every minute of the campaign whilst only conceding a single goal. Iulian Kirilaunen is, as expected, coming back to be first choice for the World Cup again, but Ulsletten has taken what he's learned whilst being an integral part of Red Star's surge up the league and has clearly learnt enough to become a fiercely talented international goalkeeper. Fast, nimble, and with excellent distribution - Kirilaunen's one big weakness - his long throws can often be the first line of attack for his sides, as proved by his assist.

#13 - GK - Mateusz Rosenmeyer - Age 23 - Image SK Aasiaat Harbour Image - 1 Ca
Despite Aasiaat's unfortunate plunge down the table in recent years, there have been a few silver linings. First amongst these is the appearance of young Rosenmeyer as a force between the sticks. Patient, and with a calmness that you wouldn't expect from one so young, his performances have impressed enough to take him into the first team on several occasions, and after making his point with the u-21s he made his debut in the Copa Rushmori and managed to keep a solid clean sheet, impressing Rasmussen enough to get the nod here, clearly. Will he get on the pitch? Perhaps towards the end of the qualifying stage if things are going well.

#14 - AMC - Luar Dardan - Age 28 - Image SK Franz Josef City Image - 36 Caps, 14 Assists, 6 Goals [- 59 Caps, 21 Assists, 20 Goals for Astograth prior to defection]
It takes a special player to change the rules on who can play for the Terns. Previous rules had stipulated that only players without caps for other nations, and who qualify for citizenship, can play in the hallowed Terns jersey. (See; Torsten Navarro and Yann-Erik Nilsson). The WCC however, appear to have slightly laxer rules on this sort of thing. (See; Alexio Del Nieran). Despite this, the FPIFA resisted any calls to match any policy that would put them more in line with the WCC. This despite the Polarian stewardship of the WCC. Nonetheless, when it transpired that the suddenly stateless Luar Dardan would no longer have the chance to play at any World Cup or Copa Rushmori since the demise of Astograth, and that he qualified for the Terns and Polarian citizenship through residence, Morten Rasmussen successfully campaigned to have the FPIFA relax their rules slightly. They now ignore previous caps for other nations should mitigating circumstances prevent that nation from competing. As a result, the Terns welcomed formerly Astograthian ace Luar Dardan into their squad. He had a very slow start that attracted a lot of negative press, but he finished like a runaway train and the stats speak for themselves. Zeljeznicar's form keeps him from the starting line-up, but whenever the East Franz forward needs a break it will surely be Dardan's time to shine.

#15 - DL - Niels Kruse - Age 28 - Image Revolutionaries (EUR) Image - 29 Caps, 4 Assists, 2 Goals
Niels Kruse has been busily beavering away in Eura for the best part of his career, and as the Terns scouts and Rasmussen finally started making the trips to Revolutionaries to see Salo play, Kruse coincided by having the best season of his career so far. Busy, hard-working, and with superb fitness levels, Kruse has made the most of doubts over Vaaraniemi's match readiness to take the spot and by all accounts he is just itching to make his case to be KKV's long term replacement.

#16 - DR - Espen Erevik - Age 24 - Image East Franz Athletic Image - 2 Caps
Guus Tuulari's reign at East Franz is a tough one, a hard one, and a strong one. Only the toughest players remain in the matchday squads, and Espen Erevik is one of those without a shadow of a doubt. Built like a bulldozer, he is apparently one of the hardest trainers that any coach could hope to instruct, and he has worked hard at his mobility and speed over the past few years to become to complete full-back. He might be a little too defensive for the pioneering runs that Rasmussen usually requires of his wing-backs, but as an alternative to the buccaneering Bjerregaard when we're looking to close up a game he is perfect. Impressed enough at the Copa to get a recall here, this could be Erevik's time to shine.

#17 - DMC - Anders Holzhauser - Age 28 - Image Northbrook Diamonds FK Image - 73 Caps, 10 Assists, 6 Goals
It took two consecutive Copa appearances for Holzhauser to provide performances good enough to convince Rasmussen, but he's been along in every Terns squad ever since. Holzhauser is a strong and tough-tackling defensive midfielder, and has made quite an impact on Rasmussen. With a commanding presence, he quickly grabs the eye as he marshals the defence behind him, and though he is able to fill in at centre back should he be required to, Holzhauser has the urge and the ability to push forwards in possession of the ball and add a different dimension to the attack in the process. All this international exposure was bound to create a big move for him eventually however, and he now turns out for Divisjon One champions Northbrook Diamonds FK, who splashed the cash necessary to get Issington to part with one of their prized assets. Fans already think him cheap at twice the price.

#18 - ST - Torsten Wolff - Age 31 - Image FC1. Surtsey Island Gulls Image - 110 Caps, 13 Assists, 45 Goals
Having made a good impression with the u-21s, Wolff had to wait patiently for his chance in the first team thanks to the strength of the Kolehmainen-Saarinen partnership, but since getting that chance he has appeared in nearly every game since. With an easy-going nature, his partnership with Frederiksen at the DBC had a distinct air of the odd-couple about it, but it nonetheless worked quite well, and his keen eye for the top corner of the goal from wherever he is in the box has made his excellent poaching skills a fan favourite. Having pipped Frederiksen in squad decisions time after time, he sees himself pipped to a place in the starting squad by a pair of in-form strikers looking to forge a good partnership. Some say his best years are behind him, but we'll see. Turmoil in Iturributa means he returned to Divisjon One with Surtsey, and yes; he's heard all the wolf jokes already.

#19 - MC - Mateusz Wolff - Age 24 - Image Urbanista (APX) Image - 17 Caps, 7 Assists, 2 Goals
Mateusz is the younger half-brother of striker Torsten, marking the first time brothers have represented the Terns since Niko and Mathias Marek in the first ever squads. A talented attacking midfielder, it is thought that Rasmussen sees his long term role as a more battling and combative box-to-box player, and the presence of other attacking midfielders in this squad certainly hints at that - it'd be a top-heavy squad otherwise. He was one of a number of players who were instrumental in Bjarnarey's recent charge up the table, and this recall to the squad is nothing less than he deserves. Set pieces, assists, wicked passes and tricks and flair a-plenty, Wolff has long been described as breaking the mould of Valhallan football, and indeed to look at him on the pitch you'd never guess he was born here, grew up here, and has only just started playing abroad. He's an avid follower of foreign leagues though, and is a fiercely talented guy. Hopefully big things can happen when he plays at the same time as his brother does up front. And yes, he's also heard all the wolf jokes.

#20 - ST - Finn Kirkkegaard - Age 23 - Image SK Nasjonale Hauker Image - 2 Caps
Yes, his grandson. SK Nasjonale Hauker's first ever player called up to the Terns sees that particular achievement overshadowed a little by the identity of the player in question. Sol Kirkkegaard, legendary first ever manager of the Terns and current co-President of the WCC, had a son, Julius. Julius wasn't much good at the sport and only made a handful of appearances in the lower leagues for Energie Møllna-Grei. Julius' son Finn, however, has proved to be a deadly and accurate striker of the ball. With several goals now in Divisjon One, and a handful of impressive performances for the u-21s, Kirkkegaard has made it to this squad on his own merit. Press interest in him will be larger than usual, but Finn has enough to let his football do the talking for him.

#21 - MC - Robin Geirsson - Age 24 - Image Ramusok United (COS) Image - 7 Caps, 1 Assist, 1 Goal
Highly thought of in the Federation, it was something of a surprise to many when he turned down offers from Divisjon One clubs to move to Cosumar, but Robin Geirsson is showing just why he wanted to move away to prove himself. Independent, headstrong, and always looking to do something impressive with the ball. Not just adequate, but spectacular. The most wonderful thing about this is of course how frequently he achieves it. Geirsson has moved back into the centre of the park from the more attacking position he started out at Torshavn with, and his new found freedom to be more physically imposing is something he is apparently enjoying very much so far. A bundle of energy always looking to prove himself, the only problem is when he bites off more than he can chew.

#22 - DC - Yann-Erik Nilsson - Age 28 - Image SK Franz Josef City Image - 34 Caps, 2 Assists, 2 Goals
One of the two young two-time Champions' Cup winners to have graduated from the SK youth academy, Nilsson brings a certain attacking joie de vivre into the back four, with him seemingly unable to lose the attacking influence on his game he gets from being half-Acquan. Strong and difficult to dispossess, he will often try and play his way out of danger - and usually succeeds at that. He has matured slightly since we last saw him in a Terns shirt, and now acknowledges that the time isn't always right for bombing forwards and leaving a gap behind him, which will please Rasmussen's more conservative side. Having said that, it's always worked for him at SK, and he'll be an interesting player to give a game to if the Terns continue the attacking streak they started at the last Copa. An able backup for many a season now, he'll be disappointed if he doesn't get a decent run in the first team before he retires.

#23 - DC - Olaf Strauss - Age 24 - Image Red Star Severny Image - 16 Caps, 1 Assist, 1 Goal
With a calm head and a mature reading of the game, it's not hard to see why Strauss has broken into the Red Star first team already. An absolute mountain of a man, even by Valhallan standards, he is incredibly tough to beat in the air, and few are the players who can find a way to outpace him and his ten-yard-strides. Or that's how they feel, anyway. A leader of men, he has a natural charisma and fearlessness that inspires others to play better around him, and many in the stands at Red star are already calling for him to be given the armband by the management there. He's got a big future ahead of him, that's for sure.

TACTICS: "The Pythagorean" 2-3-3-2
The Polarian game is methodical, abrasive, technical, and physical. They won't give you a second on the ball to think, and they won't hold back in the tackle. In the centre of the park they will play a possession based midfield game of triangles, though a defence splitting pass could come at any moment towards the fast and direct attack. Rasmussen plays a narrow, modified version of the diamond formation dubbed the Pythagorean by the sporting press. It is reliant upon two key triangular sets of players that transcend the normal "rows" of player in conventional formation layouts. Nordenberg, Otkupshchikov, and Lillehammer will act as the defensive triangle, and Zeljeznicar, Larsen, and Bickermann will counter at the other end as the offensive triangle. Lillehammer and Zeljeznicar's roles in this scheme are absolutely crucial, as their job is to support and unlock the other two players in their respective triangles, providing outlets and creativity in abundance. Konigstein and Gunnlaugsson are part of a compact and creative midfield that will supply steel or style whenever the situation demands it, as well as partnering up with their respective full backs to form a kind of "bumper" that sweeps the flanks in attack or folds in to protect the penalty area in defence. Fitness of all players will therefore be key to the success of this plan; not just the constant positional changing demanded of Lillehammer and Zeljeznicar, but the athleticism of Bjerregaard and Küngas-Vaga in particular will also be tested to the limit as their roles require frequent attacking. It's not quite a 4-3-3, it's not quite a 4-1-2-1-2, and it's not quite a W-M... Well, alright, it's more or less a W-M with a focus on two specific trios of players. It's the Pythagorean.

Penalty Taker: Victor Larsen/Bjorn Konigstein/Rauno Bickermann
Free Kick Taker: Moses Luc Bjerregaard/Alexis Zeljeznicar/Eidur Gunnlaugsson
Corner Taker: Moses Luc Bjerregaard/Eidur Gunnlaugsson/Bjorn Konigstein

Starting line-up
Modification: -1

Record going into World Cup 71:
Played 555, Won 372, Drawn 94, Lost 89, Scored 1146, Conceded 527, Goal Difference +619, Win Percentage 67.0%
Top Goalscorers:
Timo Skye - 117
Alexsandr van Sorensen - 107
Gustaf Kolehmainen - 100
Felix Saarinen - 60
Patrick Ackermann-Finn - 57

Most Assists:
Alexsandr van Sorensen - 117
Jean-Eric Villeneuve - 94
Luc Demarchelier - 73
Ole van Jendrisen - 68
Marten Cornelius - 48

Most Caps:
Alexsandr van Sorensen - 268
Kohev Küngas-Vaga - 245*
Jorgen Hauge - 215
Timo Skye - 168
Zacharias Juul - 166

Asterisks indicate player is in the current Terns squad

THE OPPONENT CAN
Choose my goalscorers? Yes.
Godmod scoring events? Yes.
RP injuries to my players? Yes, within reason, and I reserve the right to change the severity in a follow-up RP.
Godmod injuries to my players? Yes, as above.
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Yes.
Hand out red cards to my players? Yes, but only 2 per match maximum, and never to my captain or vice-captain.
Godmod other events? TG me first, but I'm always open to ideas.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

The Fallenmark Islands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Fallenmark Islands » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:47 am

THE COMMONWEALTH OF THE FALLENMARK ISLANDS ROSTER FOR WORLD CUP 71
Nation Name: The Commonwealth of The Fallenmark Islands
(Though for short simply Fallenmark - the geographical name of the archipelago - is perfectly acceptable; provided you don't mind offending the autonomous nation of Cairnskillen. After Cairnskillen's independence from the Commonwealth was made official, the politically correct name for the combined archipelago they share is 'Lesser Valhalla', but you're unlikely to see many Fallenmark call it that colloquially.)
Demonym: Fallenmarks/Valhallans
Team Nickname: The Herons
Official Supporters Group: The Blue Unit
Pronounced: [fal-ehn-mark], not [faw-luhn-mark]

KIT COLOURS:
HOME - AWAY - KEEPER
ImageImageImage
HOME STADIUM:
Folkstadion - 23,819(Marylebone)

HOME SUPPORT: The Shelfside - Home of The Blue Unit

STAFF:
Manager: Alexsandr van Sorensen (PIS), 45
Record in Charge: P 41, W 14, D 5, L 22, GF 73, GA 86, GD -13, WP 34%
A legend in Polarian football, Alexsandr van Sorensen led his country at two World Cup finals before whilst captain, and later moved into coaching and the assistant manager's position at childhood club Jan Mayen Islanders. It would have had to have been a big job to tempt him away from the Ospreys, and so it was, as fellow Valhallan Union nation The Fallenmark Islands surveyed their options and invited van Sorensen to cut his teeth at management with them. He brings with him a mind bent on attacking football, a whole host of Baptism of Fire and international experience, as well as the best contacts a man can bring. Widely considered to be the best player to have ever pulled on the famous Terns jersey, for whom he'll likely be the record caps-holder forever, Alexsandr now has the perfect opportunity to become a legend in another Valhallan nation. Suffers from rare brain condition synaesthesia, which means his senses get all mixed up and confused in his head. However, he appears to have turned this into an advantage on the pitch, and in the dugout. Things almost got off to the perfect start at the Baptism of Fire, with the Herons becoming the latest VU side to finish as runners-up, but things weren't quite so good in qualifying as the team struggled badly and only picked up five points overall - four of which came in their last two games. He certainly doesn't have a problem with coaching this squad to create goals, it's stopping them that will make all the difference to this team, and he showed that with an improved performance last time around - including a famous victory over Valanora and finishing top of the second half of the table. The challenge now, with this experienced and remarkably unchanged squad, is to push into that top half of the table. Minnows no longer, the Herons want to be official trouble-makers.

Assistant Manager: Dietar Eygenroy (BLK), 51
A Blockhead with a history of being a keen disciplinarian, Eygenroy matches van Sorensen in being the captain of his national side at international level. In fact, with the lack of Bleak Rock representation in international football these days, Eygenroy's presence as assistant manager convinced a couple of the Blockheads with Fallenmark ties in the squad to switch allegiance to the Commonwealth. A hard-nosed defensive midfielder in his day, Eygenroy has plenty of experience dealing with defensive coaching and unusual formations, so his presence will be key to complementing and filling the gaps in van Sorensen's otherwise attacking focus. Both will be missed by Jan Mayen Islanders.

Coach: Mikkel Kovalyov, 50
Coach: Eyvindur Ramberg, 59
The Fallenmark connection in the coaching team comes from Kovalyov and Ramberg, who have been brought in from Marylebone Invicta and Marylebone Esprit respectively, primarily to work on fitness and conditioning.

PLAYERS:
#1 - GLK - Karl Pfennig - Age 31 - Olympique Beaudette (SCT) - 30 Caps
- Calm, trusted, and one of the best players in the Minor Valhallan Premier until his move to Sicoutimont. Tall and confident in the air.

#2 - DEF - Niko Aamot - Age 28 - FC1. Bjarnarey Flotilla (PIS) - 33 Caps, 3 Goals
- Staggeringly tall and strong, Aamot has been snapped up by the Flotilla and more than holds his own in the competitive Divisjon One.

#3 - DEF - Valbjörn Kivivuori - Age 29 - Olympique Beaudette (SCT) - 31 Caps, 1 Assist, 2 Goals
- Fleet of foot and with a wicked eye for a cross, Kivivouri is ideal for the wide defender role van Sorensen utilises.

#4 - DEF - Willem Moss - Age 30 - Cóndor-Valladares FC (SJG) - 32 Caps, 1 Assist, 2 Goals
- Moss drew widespread admiration for his performances for Kieslen last season, and has since got that big money move abroad.

#5 - LIB - Eero Darmstadt - Age 31 - FC1. Bjarnarey Flotilla (PIS) - 41 Caps, 7 Assists, 6 Goals- CAPTAIN
- The first name on many a scout's wishlist after his performances in qualifying, Darmstadt's solidity, leadership, and creativity are key to the side. A born winner.

#6 - MID - Luc Tikkanen - Age 28 - Alianza FC (SJG) - 33 Caps, 3 Assists, 1 Goal
- The utility man in the middle, Tikkanen's role will be to keep things tidy and keep things simple. An enforcer if required to be.

#7 - MID - Reuben Ness - Age 30 - SC Kiel (PIS) - 35 Caps, 10 Assists, 5 Goals - Vice-Captain
- A veteran of Divisjon One, Ness had never been called up for the Terns and so accepted the call from van Sorensen without looking back.

#8 - MID - Dagbjartur Damkjaer - Age 30 - Chenoworth Rovers (NPH) - 32 Caps, 3 Assists
- Happy to sit and dictate the play with his long-range accurate passing, Damkjaer has the ability to drop back into defence when needed.

#9 - FWD - Kjartan Dagfinnursson - Age 34 - FC Axel Heiburg (PIS) - 35 Caps, 8 Assists, 20 Goals
- Having renounced his Blockhead citizenship to accept the call-up, Dagfinursson brings a wealth of UICA experience to the team.

#10 - FWD - Klaus Just - Age 31 - FC1. Surtsey Island Gulls (PIS) - 37 Caps, 9 Assists, 4 Goals
- Another player previously thought of as Polarian, Just's father's place of birth means this experienced attacker can feature here.

#11 - FWD - Eiríkur Beyer - Age 26 - FC1. Bjarnarey Flotilla (PIS) - 41 Caps, 12 Assists, 18 Goals
- Fallenmark football's big hope for the future. Technically gifted and with a great strike, Beyer is the poster boy of the team and the third of the Bjarnarey-based trio.

~

#12 - GLK - Ruslan Korpelainen - Age 27 - Grimsby Town FC (DRV) - 6 Caps
- A surprise transfer to Bleak Rock has been followed by a surprise trip to Grimsby Town in Darvale - both have developed him as a player.

#13 - GLK - Martijn Bershadensky - Age 23 - Eretium AC (WBL) - 5 Caps
- The youngest player in the squad, Bershadensky's age conceals an experienced and talented goalkeeper with a big future ahead of him.

#14 - MID - Aberdeen Salt - Age 24 - Marylebone Esprit (TFI) - 7 Caps
- Coming in as one of only two domestically based players in the squad, Salt is a young midfielder with a growing reputation for attacking.

#15 - DEF - Klaus Minkowski - Age 31 - Cassandra City (COS) - 19 Caps, 2 Assists
- A roaming defender with an eye for goal from set pieces, Minkowski was simply too good to settle for Auchtenmill's delights, and now plays in Cosumar.

#16 - DEF - Guðvarður Mogensen - Age 24 - Canterlot Royals (EQS) - 15 Caps
- Another of the young hopes for the future of Fallenmark football, Canterlot Royals and van Sorensen are placing a lot of faith in him.

#17 - MID - Oleg Urness - Age 29 - April 7 FC (OAM) - 15 Caps, 1 Assist, 1 Goal
- Never stops running and will never stop chasing what other people would consider a lost cause, Urness is as dependable as they come.

#18 - FWD - Artemiusz Vyrubova - Age 32 - Goteborg FF (FLX) - 20 Caps, 3 Assists
- A resident of Marylebone until his move to Felix, Artemiusz is a versatile and talented wide right with a fierce shot.

#19 - FWD - Niko Kekkonen - Age 27 - Krsthaven (SEM) - 17 Caps, 4 Assists, 3 Goals
- Kekkonen is a dead ball expert and has tricks and flicks to spare. Not quite so good when tracking back but he offers an outlet up front.

#20 - FWD - Arnljótur Juran - Age 30 - Hornchurch (EUR) - 26 Caps, 3 Assists, 8 Goals
- A little annoyed to have missed out on the starting spot to former Blockhead Dagfinnursson, Juran is always looking to prove a point.

#21 - MID - Hallvarður Gundersen - Age 30 - FC St Martin (NVA) - 22 Caps, 3 Assists
- Gundersen has the ability to dictate play if you let him, and a long range thunderbolt of a shot to be proud of. Expect to see plenty of him.

#22 - DEF - Nikolai Haavikko - Age 25 - Marylebone Invicta (TFI) - 7 Caps
- Already a fan favourite at Invicta thanks to his unrestrained passion for the club, Haavikko could well be around for a long time.

#23 - DEF - Gunnar Kristensen - Age 26 - FF Berafjörðinn (BLK) - 6 Caps, 1 Assist
- A series of impressive cameos in the cup competitions soon lead to this talented defender becoming a fixture in his club's backline.

TACTICS: "The Orion" 1-3-3-3
A student of the game, Alexsandr van Sorensen has gone back as far as the successful tactics used by Anders Laursen for SK Franz Josef City, way back in the 1950s, for his tactical inspiration. Drawing on the best traditions of Valhallan attacking football, the line-up aims to utilise attacking wide defenders when in possession, and a centrally based libero, Darmstadt, to swiftly turn defence into attack, whilst keeping things tight at the back thanks to the dropping presence of Damkjaer. The lop sided trio in midfield that gives the formation its nickname will aim to retain the ball, whilst Dagfinnurson will receive lots of support up front from the wing-attackers Beyer and Just, the latter of whom drops back to keep the three-man midfield when the opposition have the ball and Damkjaer is already falling back to sit alongside Darmstadt. Darmstadt's free role makes it a difficult formation to write down numerically - even as a 1-3-3-3 - but if you think of it as a 3-4-3 in attack and a 5-3-1-1 in defence then that's a good start.

Penalty Taker: Dagfinnursson/Beyer/Darmstadt
Free Kick Taker: Beyer/Just/Ness
Corner Taker: Beyer/Just/Tikkanen

Starting line-up
Modification: +3

Record going into World Cup 71
Played 41, Won 14, Drawn 5, Lost 22, Scored 73, Conceded 86, Goal Difference -13, Win Percentage 34%
Top Goalscorers:
Kjartan Dafinnursson - 20*
Eiríkur Beyer - 18*
Arnljótur Juran - 8*
Eero Darmstadt - 6*
Reuben Ness - 5*

Most Assists:
Eiríkur Beyer - 12*
Reuben Ness - 10*
Klaus Just - 9*
Kjartan Dafinnursson - 8*
Eero Darmstadt - 7*

Most Caps:
Eero Darmstadt - 41*
Eiríkur Beyer - 41*
Klaus Just - 37*
Kjartan Dafinnursson - 35*
Reuben Ness - 35*

Asterisks indicate player is in current squad

THE OPPONENT CAN
Choose my goalscorers? Yes.
Godmod scoring events? Yes.
RP injuries to my players? Yes, within reason, and I reserve the right to change the severity in a follow-up RP.
Godmod injuries to my players? Yes, as above.
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Yes.
Hand out red cards to my players? Yes, but only 2 per match maximum, and never to my captain or vice-captain.
Godmod other events? TG me first, but I'm always open to ideas.
Last edited by The Fallenmark Islands on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Commonwealth of The Fallenmark Islands - Pop. 9,400,000
Capital: Marylebone - Demonym: Valhallan (Fallenmark) - Trigramme: TFI
“From the Earth, Prosperity” - A constituent member of The Valhallan Union
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Sameba
Attaché

Founded: Feb 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sameba » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:14 am

OOC: Sorry this has been posted so late, but I thought it might be useful for any late RP's involving Sameba or in case they qualify - which I hope they do, or at least make playoffs, so I can use the two RP's I've been writing for them!

The 71st World Cup Qualifying Squad of the Republic of Sameba

Manager: Elgar Derei (Sameba, 58)

Elgar Derei continues in charge of Sameba as they try to rekindle their form in World Cup qualifying. After reaching the playoffs with a brilliant group win in qualifying for the 68th World Cup (a run ended by a two leg defeat to Audioslavia), Sameba have been challengers in the last couple of cycles but have failed to reach the playoffs again. However they have beaten some big teams, and at the 20th Copa Rushmori made it to the quarter-finals before losing to deadly national rivals and eventual runners up Eura. Before that defeat they sensationally beat Polar Islandstates 2-1 thanks to goals by Julius Carrera and Pablo Dohi. With Carrera, Dohi, Vella and Aldardo - some say the core of this best generation of Samebans - all aging rapidly, Sameba will think that if they don't qualify this time, then next cycle may be their last realistic chance of qualifying for some time unless the disappointments of players like Sabattini finally develop to their full potential. Huele, Alan Dabix and Michael Sarado may end up being their key players this time around.

Assistant Manager: Meya Gelton (Sameba, 53)
Style Modifier: +3

Permissions
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers – YES
Godmod scoring events – YES
RP injuries to my players – YES
Godmod injuries to my players – YES
Hand out yellow cards to my players – YES
Hand out red cards to my players – YES
Godmod other events – YES

The 25 Man Squad

Shirt number – name – position – age – senior caps – senior goals – club (nation)

Goalkeepers

1 – Roman Ayebler – GK – 31 – 90 caps – 0 goals – Lajuno (Eura)
13 – Lucio Boni – GK – 27 – 10 caps – 0 goals – Samebus

Defenders

2 – Fabio Quella – RWB – 27 – 56 caps – 3 goals – Directus (Eura)
3 – Mario Andella – LB – 27 – 79 caps – 1 goals - Aspel
5 – Levi Andetel – CB – 27 – 79 caps – 2 goals – Falourr (Eura)
6 – Massimo Dini – CB – 25 – 39 caps – 0 goals – Workers Union (Eura)
15 – Asey Vella – CB – 34 – 109 caps – 5 goals – Hornchurch (Eura)
19 – Dibo Lori – CB – 26 – 21 caps – 0 goals – Aspel
21 – Bart Ricci - RWB - 24 - 2 caps - 0 goals - Storfan
23 – Ben Esposito – LWB – 28 – 22 caps – 0 goals – Blueway United (Itor)

Midfielders

4 – Luis Aldardo – CDM – 31 – 89 caps – 5 goals – Ulsa (Eura)
7 – Pablo Dohi – RW/ST – 30 – 96 caps – 39 goals – Holdenberg (Eura)
8 – Alan Dabix – CM – 29 – 88 caps – 16 goals – Bastion (Eura)
10 – Huele - AM/ST - 23 - 29 caps - 8 goals - Borkin
11 – Maurice Arcuri - AM - 24 - 10 caps - 0 goals - Marketville (Eura)
16 – Roman Mayalla – CM – 26 – 55 caps – 5 goals – Holdenberg (Eura)
17 - Renato Capion - RW - 24 - 21 caps - 2 goals - Borkin
18 – Pedro Corrigan - CM - 21 - 10 caps - 0 goals - Oakstone (Eura)
20 – Eugene Sabattini – LW – 26 – 30 caps – 5 goals – Farrenton Athletic (Eura)
22 – Gavino Lungun - AM - 28 - 14 caps - 0 goals - Rivet
24 – Vince Padovesi – CM – 30 – 33 caps – 2 goals – Honeybadgers (Eura)

Strikers

9 – Julius Carrera – ST – 32 – 93 caps – 42 goals – Bastion (Eura)
12 – Andres Silva – ST – 28 – 19 caps – 5 goals – Samebus
14 – Michael Sarado – ST – 27 – 46 caps – 19 goals – Honeybadgers (Eura)

Starting Lineup

GK - 1. R Ayebler
RWB - 2. F Quella
RCB - 6. M Dini
LCB - 5. L Andetel
LWB - 3. M Andella
CDM - 4. L Aldardo
RCM - 8. A Dabix
LCM - 16. R Mayalla
RAM - 7. P Dohi
LAM - 10. Huele
ST - 9. J Carrera

Subs

13. L Boni
23. B Esposito
15. A Vella
21. B Ricci
24. V Padovesi
20. E Sabattini
11. M Arcuri
14. M Sarado
12. A Silva

Player Roles

Captain: Luis Aldardo
Vice Captain: Alan Dabix
Direct free kicks: Julius Carrera (Right), Pablo Dohi (Either)
Indirect free kicks: Alan Dabix (Right)
Right corner: Pablo Dohi (Either)
Left corner: Pablo Dohi (Either)
Penalties: Julius Carrera, Michael Sarado, Pablo Dohi, Huele, Roman Mayalla

Kit

Home kit is primary colour green, with blue trim on the shirt and shorts. Away kit is black, with green trim on the shirt and shorts.

Stadium

Their stadium is the Aspel Dellaro, an 85,000 seater open-top stadium in the port city of Aspel.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports