NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey XXVI: Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:38 pm

GROUPS DRAWN, TOUGH CROWD
The Swordeans are drawn in the death group of the tournament, being drawn in with Gregoryisgodistan, Estope, San Jose Guayabal, Yttribia, Mizuyuki & Vermark. It's a tough crowd for the Swordeans, who are hoping to shock the Ice Hockey World Cup in their first appearance. Here is a review of the teams we've been drawn with-

Gregoryisgodistan
Drawn into our group also for Men's Ice Hockey @ Baseton. Tough team, fortunately Shop Owner cannot be crushed by these 'Enemy Crushers', and neither can our players! Unfortunately, Gregoryisgodistan are ranked 2nd in the multiverse, and we can expect a tough fight.

Estope
The Swordeans will come up against Estope in their group. Ranked 13th in the world, we might have a tough fight in this one also.

San Jose Guayabal
The fellow Esportivan nation of San Jose Guayabal may be easy or not easy to beat in this game. All Swordeans, like every game, will be rooting for The Sword Bloke, at risk of being executed.

Yttribia
Another Esportivan neighbour to play in the group, another hopeful victory. Our firepower could get us there, but it will be close.

Mizuyuki
The recent Basketball Championship co-hosts, we haven't seen much of their hockey form, rather their soccer form, so we may win this one also.

Vermark
Gold medalists at the Winter Olympics in Men's Ice Hockey, will be a tough one along with Gregoryisgodistan. A fellow newbie to the Ice Hockey World Cup, we will play a rough game like we always do.

As stated, The Swordeans play a large, rough game, hand picking the tallest of hockey players from The Sword Bloke for this team. The smalest ember of the team is 192cm, and the tallest member is only 213cm. With this type of game and side, we may be giant killers of the tournament.

Go da Swordeans!
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:14 pm

United States of Devonta National Hockey Team

Style Modifier: -1
Coach: Sim Dank
Trigram: USD
Arena: Nord R. Barton Stadium
Arena Location: Olfsburgh
Arena Capacity: 20,000

Roster

Line 1

LW #17 Creo James
C #2 Thomas Jenkins
RW #52 Toby Jones
D #24 Sicero Sycamore
D #32 Marcus Fritz

Line 2

LW #48 Sid Sewers
C #77 Greg Brown
RW #88 Crasus Talsus
D #97 Brendolf Jones
D #8 Lolo Soto

Line 3

LW #33 Bobby Joel
C #3 Tony Sigrid
RW #56 Jon Ark
D #61 Troy Skips
D #29 Peter Terry

Line 4

LW #51 Paul Stark
C #99 Isiah Washington
RW #62 Joseph Drift
D #82 Francis Rodriguez
D #15 George Simmons

Goal

Starting G #2 Prince Jamel
Backup G #10 Joel Davis

RP Permissions

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following...
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to My Players: No
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes
RP Ejections for My Players: No
Godmod Other Events: Yes
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Neyosil
Secretary

Founded: Nov 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Neyosil » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:17 am

Groups drawn, Neyosil nowhere to be seen

Well, the group stage has been drawn for the twenty-sixth edition of the World Cup of Hockey, and it looks like there's been something of an oversight. The Neyosil Sabres, first-time entrants into the WCoH, have not been allocated a...... Wait..... Nope, sorry folks, they're just right at the bottom of the list. Where did I put my glasses?

Anywho, after that, erm, slight mishap, it looks like the Sabres' first match is against the nation with the longest name in the entire competition, Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland (Thank the Maker for copy-and-paste, right Bob?). Dude, seriously, we're not even going to try and pronounce that name ever again, so we'll just call them Schutz. So much easier. They actually are ranked, so this might not be the easiest first match. Then again, it will be the easiest first match, as it's the Sabres' first first match (Dammit Bob, who writes these scripts?).

So, what all this boils down to is that you should all watch this space. It'll be the small hours of Tuesday morning here at home before the first match starts, but we'll be bringing you all the action some time after the event. Go Sabres!
Demonyms: Neyoese (noun, sing. and plu.); Neyosese (adj.)
Trigramme=NYS

Manchardas and Oxnein are my puppet nations OOC. IC, there is no greater link between the three than there is between the UK, Russia and Ethiopia IRL, so please don't mention anything about puppetry in an IC thread.

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Walamzia Drawn Into Tough Group

Group A
Royal Kingdom of Quebec (8)
Nova Anglicana (17)
Nassau-Hessen (22)
Patistan (34)
Pays den haut (UR)
Star United States (UR)
Walamzia (UR)

Walamzia was drawn as the last team in Group A with the tournament hosts Royal Kingdom of Quebec. They will play the first three matches in Vermark before traveling to Quebec for their last three. The bid from the WalSport Arena has been rejected by the WCoH organizing committee. The team is expected to finish dead last in their group, but 5th place is the dream at this point. However, there have been some lingering issues with getting training time in Vermark due to a lack of availability of Walamzian airlines to be able to land at their airport. Therefore, they will be tired for MD1. They will be getting in 4 hours prior to their first game at a minimum, according to our database of airline availability and times. We wish them the best of luck.

Pays den haut
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pays den haut » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Pays d'en Haut drawn in group A

The group draw was made in the Royal Kingdom of Québec and Pays d'en Haut is drawn in the group A. We would like to thank RKQ for sending us the results by morse code, we just received them 30 minutes ago (we don't have the internet and our technology center is actually closed). Pays d'en Haut is drawn into group A with the Royal Kingdom of Québec (8), Nova Anglicana (17), Nassau-Hessen (22), Patistan (34), Star United States (UR) and Walamzia (UR). Here is what we know about these countries:

Royal Kingdom of Québec (8): Quebecers bleed hockey, it's their national sport and it's kinda surprising that they aren't ranked higher. The Ice Knight are a very tough team and we can expect some fights and injuries against them. The Ice Knights are also one of the best offensive team in the tournament, our defensemen should particularly pay attention to Colm Strojovic, who can score 50 goals per season with over 100 PIMs in the QHL. Prediction: 1st.

Nova Anglicana (17): The Lions are one of the best team in our group and they will challenge RKQ for the 1st place. They're a well balanced team good offensively and defensively. Bryan Blake is probably the best goalie in group A. Prediction: 2nd.

Nassau-Hessen (22): Nassau-Hessen can also challenge RKQ and Nova Anglicana for the 1st and 2nd place. We don't know much about this team and we didn't found their roster. Either they didn't post it or our slave looking for it is blind. Prediction: 4th.

Patistan (34): Patistan is one of the best team in baseball but not much is known about their hockey team. They will challenge Nassau-Hessen for the 3rd place. Prediction: 3rd.

Pays d'en Haut (UR): This is our first time participating in the World Cup and based off our result in the WJHC we should be good. The first two lines will score most of our goals while the 3rd and 4th lines will surely goon it up. Vincent, clan Champagne is our best fighter and Nicolas, clan Marchand is always under his opponent's skin but doesn't fights a lot. He just talks a lot. Prediction: 7th.

Star United States (UR): It looks like it's their first time participating in the world cup but we shouldn't underestimate them. Star United Statesis a well established country in Esportiva mostly known for soccer (I think). Our defensemen should watch out for Caldwell, Abbott and Maldonado. Prediction: 6th.

Walamzia (UR): Almost nothing is known about Walamzia but they're starting to make a name for themselves. This is a team who can surprise everyone, especially if Ovechkin and Malkin plays well. Prediction: 5th.

Venues

Well, our bid was rejected so Pays d'en Haut isn't hosting any groups. Group A games will be played at ParkSang Pavilion in Sherbrooke, Royal Kingdom of Québec (MD 1-3) and Arenean Metropol in Videnhagen, Vermark (MD 4-7). Pays d'en Haut's national team has been informed they will play in Sherbrooke and will travel by plane. It's the first time our national team is using these evil machines to travel, we have always been travelling by ship but if our players travels by ship, they won't arrive in time in Québec City.

Schedule

MD1: Walamzia vs Pays d'en Haut @ Sherbrooke, RKQ
MD2: R.K. of Québec vs Pays d'en Haut @ Sherbrooke, RKQ
MD3: bye
MD4: Pays d'en Haut vs Nassau-Hessen @ Videnhagen, Vermark
MD5: Pays d'en Haut vs Patistan @ Videnhagen, Vermark
MD6: Pays d'en Haut vs Nova Anglicana @ Videnhagen, Vermark
MD7: Star United States vs Pays d'en Haut @Videnhagen, Vermark

Daniel, clan Lévesque mad

Les Pays d'en Haut has lost its hosting bid and Daniel, clan Lévesque, minister of sports, is pretty mad about it. Here is what he said. "Well we lost our bid it's really shocking, we put up lots of effort in it, we agreed to not kill gays and ponies for the duration of the tournament and we still lost our bid. I can guarantee that the next time we bid on something, we will bribe the organizing nation. We'll give them plenty of horses, cows, pigs and other farm animals." Daniel, clan Lévesque added: "Also I can guarantee that if WCOH federation interim president Hindmarsh Yoon ever shows up in les Pays d'en Haut, he will be beheaded. I will personally take care of him, unfortunately I don't know how he looks like."

Line up

For the game against Walamzia, Pays d'en Haut will use the line up posted early. If no injuries, coach Alain Julien has announced Frédérik, clan Côté will sit against Royal Kingdom of Québec and will be replaced with Sylvain, clan Perron. Julien said it's because we need to protect Côté, he's our best prospect and a future star in les Pays d'en Haut.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Lions Back In the Saddle After Disappointing Olympics

Martin Granger, Staff Reporter

Nova Anglicana's first participation in an NS Multiverse Winter Olympics was hailed as a chance for the nation to show its quality on the world stage, much as they had in the IX Summer Olympics earlier. Nova Anglican athletes won sixteen medals in the Summer Olympic competition, and the country hoped to approach that number in the winter counterpart. Unfortunately, it was not to be, as Nova Anglicans notched just two medals, one gold and one bronze. The men's hockey team was especially disappointing, as they were expected to make the playoffs and have an outside shot at a medal. They flopped, finishing 2-0-3 against an unimpressive array of teams, and somehow managed to score only two goals in five games. It was a terrible way for national team veterans Andrés Kelly and Derek Jensen to close out their careers, but head coach Cecil Palmer decided that he was not going to waste time on the past or give them another chance at a victory lap. Aksu Koivula has been called up to be the new third-string goalie, while the Sept-Iles Whalers' breakout player André Tailleur will get his chance, playing right wing on the third line.

The Lions' group, while not formidable, is nothing to be overlooked. For one, they draw the hosts, the Ice Knights of the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. Another tough foe, Nassau-Hessen, is ranked 22nd and should prove a stiff challenge. The fourth seed in the group, Patistan, is ranked 34th and could be sneaky good. The three unrankeds look to have more desire than skill, although Pays d'en Haut's juniors did make it to the quarterfinals of the World Junior Hockey Championships. Walamzia is just getting its domestic hockey league off the ground, though, and nobody ever confused Star United States with a hockey powerhouse.

This edition of the World Cup of Hockey will see teams play in many locations around the multiverse, instead of the usual home and away matches. There will also be only six matches played in each group, so a fast start is imperative and the Lions will have to do it away from the friendly confines of the National Arena. The National Arena will host Matchdays 1-4 of Group H as well as the eventual Round of 16 series between the #3 and #14 seeds. Group H includes powerhouse Gyatso-Kai (3), the Transalpine Republic (18), Soviet Canuckistan (31), an Abanhfleft (47) team whose junior side was defeated 6-2 in the Round of 16 by the Young Lions, the unpronounceable but highly skilled Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland (59), as well as newcomers Waterandearthstan (UR) and Neyosil (UR).

As for the Lions, they will be traveling to the brand-new Parksang Pavilion in Sherbrooke, Royal Kingdom of Quebec for the first three matchdays and then heading to Videnhagen, Vermark to play Matchdays 4-7 in the Arenean Metropol. The Lions will actually get to rest on the first matchday in Sherbrooke and watch Patistan take on Star United States, Nassau-Hessen confront the Ice Knights, and see Walamzia and Pays d'en Haut square off in their first ever World Cup of Hockey games. While in Sherbrooke, the Lions will face Star United States and Patistan, and will hopefully get off to a cracking 2-0-0 start. As soon as they land in Videnhagen, the Lions will be facing a tough matchup against the top seeded Ice Knights, which they can hopefully scrape a draw out of. They will close with Nassau-Hessen, Pays d'en Haut, and Walamzia. The Lions will be favored in all of those games, but they will need to be at their best, especially against the Hessians. The schedule sets up pretty well to send the Lions into the playoffs for the third straight year, but will this finally be the year that they win a playoff series? Cecil Palmer and new captain Troy Parker certainly hope so.

More from nasn.nov
Faceoff: Should Kelly and Jensen have remained on the WCoH squad?
Baseball team gets chance at revenge in WBC 32 3rd-place series
Lions' playoff hopes still alive in Campionato Esportiva
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Coach addresses the players on the plane to match day 1. (He's speaking into the PA microphone used by the pilot)

OK. This is what we've been waiting for. To show the world what we are about. The nation only has us on its mind tonight, and some of you have played in this arena before, so no excuses about bad ice. I know that we haven't exactly had any ice time together in the past few days as all of you participated in the WHL Player Draft and have talked to some teams. During this tournament, for as long as we are in it, I don't want any of you to be thinking about your club careers. I want you to represent those lions on your jersey. Play for our country, and play for your livelihoods as well. We go in with limited expectations, so that should mean that we play with no pressure. I want all of you to keep your coats and ties on until we land. We will be traveling to the stadium immediately after we land so you can change and get some ice time before the game. I know this isn't ideal, but all of this was done last minute as we didn't know where to report. I can only work with the hand I was dealt in terms of timing of the location announcement. As for more practical matters, you will receive your pregame meal 2 hours before we land so you have time to eat everything. The airline has graciously given us their best chef and best food quality for our flight. Please relax, and use this time to talk to your teammates. Thank you.

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Kazirstan to face Seventeen Syllables in first Game
Kazirstan drawn into Group G, game to take place in Turoki City
KCNA News | Posted: Feb 01, 2015

Kazirstan will be on the world stage once again as the national squad will be competing in the World Cup of Hockey for the second consecutive year. The Kazirstani National Hockey Team has been drawn into Group G at the World Cup of Hockey XXVI today. The team is currently in Turoki City, where their first three matches will be played. the Other teams in this group include Torisakia (4), Valanora (12), Jeckland (30), Quakmybush (63), Seventeen Syllables (UR), and Sheffland (UR). Kazirstan will face off against the currently unranked Seventeen Syllables in Turoki City, Turoki for their first game. Kazirstan, which is ranked 40th, is expected to defeat the unranked Seventeen Syllables easily, but after several crushing defeats in the 25th edition of the World Cup of Hockey, Kazirstan must remain on edge, as anything can happen.

Now, time for more information on the teams Kazirstan will be facing in the group stage.

Torisakia: Ranked 4th in the multiverse, Torisakia will be a tough opponent. It will take a miracle if Kazirstan is to overcome this nation's skilled national team.

Valanora: Ranked 12th, and three-time WCoH champions, Valanora will be one of the teams hopeful for a first place finish in this tournament, and will be one of the strongest teams in contention this year. Once again, a miracle will be required for Kazirstan to overcome this opponent.

Jeckland: Jeckland is ranked 30th, and will be a tough, yet manageable, foe for Kazirstan. When facing this team, Kazirstan will be hoping for a (small) upset.

Quakmybush: Currently ranked 63rd in the multiverse, Quakmybush will be one of the easier opponents for Kazirstan to face in the group stage. But upsets are common, and Kazirstan can't sit back during any of its games.

Seventeen Syllables: A newcomer to the World Cup of Hockey, Seventeen Syllables will be the first team Kazirstan will face in this tournament. As they are currently unranked, Kazirstan will be hoping for an easy victory to kick off the tournament.

Sheffland: Another newcomer, and unranked nation, Sheffland will be another unchallenging team for Kazirstan to face.

More From KCNA News:
- Kazirstani economy recovering slowly after economic downturn.
- Progressive-Conservatives and SA's in opposition to new 'lax' immigration laws.
- Kazirstan facing international outrage after illegal sales of chemical weapons.

1,763 Comments

© Kazirstani Central News Agency, 2015. All rights reserved.
E-mail this article | @ Share this article
Last edited by Kazirstan on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Transalpine Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transalpine Republic » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Line 1		
Lukas Maier D Ingolstadt Polecats
Elias Leverenz D Lucerne Voles
Axel Gehring F Basel Hawks
Sören Vogel F Valschloss Kestrels
Orel Müller F Vessen Badgers
Charles
Favreau-Faure G Annecy Chamoises

Line 2		
Jocelyn Faure D Vessen Lady Badgers
Astrid Schröder D Valschloss Lady Kestrels
Alena Käufer F Lucerne Lady Voles
Mélanie Voclain F Chevrec Lady Martens
Monique Voclain F Chevrec Lady Martens
Melina Beaumont G Neuchatel Lady Mountain Goats

Line 3		
Johannes Van Tonder D Ebeick Weasels
Josse Voclaine D Chevrec Martens
Kaspar Reier F Ennesau Lynxes
Pavle Kasun F Zug Wolfs
Miloš Kasun F Zug Wolfs
Robert Frost G Scheinfeld Condors

Line 4
Céline Lachapelle D Valois Lady Marmots
Charlotte Hausler D Scheinfeld Lady Condors
Astrid Jäger F Basel Lady Hawks
Cecilia Koenigsmann F Feixburg Lady Foxes
Aurora Gunther F Ingolstadt Lady Polecats
Evelyn Metzger G Zug Lady Wolves

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes (But please, no deaths)

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Soviet Canuckistan Roster for WCOH 26

Jersey:Image

Background: Hockey is a key element of Canuckistani culture. During the long, cold winters, hockey was often the only way for people to socialize. Arenas and Backyard Rinks are flooded every year for the 30 million organized and recreational hockey players in Soviet Canuckistan. In 1955, the Soviet Canuckistan National Hockey team was founded to bring the best of Soviet Canuckistan's hockey players to the world. This year's team is fast and agile and very rarely incurs penalties, just like the style of hockey in Soviet Canuckistan.

Roster:

RW- #3 Stephan Polomaniuk
Team:Moscawa Beavers
Background:Born in the small town of Skabank, Soviet Canuckistan, Stephan became talented at hockey at a young age, at the age of 16, he was drafted into the Second Division of Soviet Canuckistani hockey, a first in Soviet Canuckistan as he was the youngest hockey pro ever there. He quickly began to shine, racking up an impressive 122 points in 75 games. At 17, he was moved up into the First Division where he continues to amaze, with his last season producing 102 points in 75 games.

RW-#82 Sgt. Andrei Petrovski
Team:Red Army Moscawa
Background:Born into an army family, Andrei was used to playing many styles of hockey due to moving around a lot. Whether it was the rough play of the Quebexicans or the agile play of the West, he picked it up quickly and combined the styles to suit his needs. After joining the army at 18, he joined the Red Army team and in his first season racked up 77 points in 55 games. He continues to combine his finesse and physical play and got 93 points in 74 games last season.

RW-#43 Anthony Dubruch
Team:Moronto Spitfires
Background:A fast player, Anthony has continued to defy the experts. Diagnosed with polio as a child, for years he had to walk with a knee brace and thought he could never play hockey again. However, defying the odds, at the age of 15, he was accepted to the prestigious St.Mark's hockey academy and his play excelled from there. However, in his rookie year, he was involved in a car crash, breaking his right femur, after months of recovery, he came back in the ice and finished his rookie year with 10 points in 3 games. This last season, he got 89 points in 75 games.

RW-#31 Julien LaTrappe
Team:Cowgary Cowboys
Background: Born in Laclave, Soviet Canuckistan, Julien has always been under the hockey radar. Not even playing high-level hockey for most of this childhood, at the age of 17, he excelled and was drafted into a Second Division team. From there he stayed a fourth-liner but in his sixth season, defied predictions and began to become a point-a-game player and was quickly introduced to the elite play of the First Division at the ripe age of 24, a late start for many First Division player. Last year, with the Cowboys, he acquired 85 points in 75 games.

LW-#7 Koos van Key
Team:Iqualuit Fighting Narwhals
Background:Born to a farm family, hockey was the second biggest activity after harvesting in his tiny community. He quickly outpaced the skill of the rural leagues and at the age of 12 had to move to the large city of Deadmonton to continue his quest for hockey glory. After getting out of high school, he played for a college team in Moscawa before at the age of 22, was drafted to the Fighting Narwhals. As one of the veterans on the team, he'll lead the young players to the international stage.

LW-#13 Ian Ioeusci
Team:Potcouver Pirates
Background:Born to the family of one of the founders of the largest insurance company in Soviet Canuckistan, Ian always could have the best hockey equipment. In only his second year of pro hockey, Ian was chosen to help represent Soviet Canuckistan on the world stage, one of the youngest ever to represent SC in hockey.Playing for the Potcouver Pirates in his rookie year, he excelled, marking 100 points in 75 games.

LW-#94 Paul Farnsworth
Team:Deadmonton Zombies
Background:Also an accomplished baseball player, Paul is an all-around athlete. Born into a sport-loving family, Paul was introduced to many sports at a young age and excelled at most of them. An accomplished hockey player, last season he got 90 points in 72 games.

LW-#86 Corey Smith
Team:Qualifax Whalers
Background:Born into a family of fishermen, Corey hardly had anytime for hockey.However, in the time he did have he excelled and as soon as he turn 18, he quit the family business and began to play hockey. He rose throughout the ranks, quickly becoming a first line player for the Whalers. Last season, he scored 82 points in 67 games.

C-#28 Andrew Pollock
Team:St. Beaversburg Rougnecks
Background:One of Soviet Canuckistan's greatest stars, Andrew will be someone to watch. After a stellar year in 2009-2010, setting an SCPHL scoring record with 142 points in 75 games, he's been propelled to stardom. With numerous endorsement deals, he's a household name in Soviet Canuckistan. Last season he scored 135 points in 74 games, making it one of his best seasons to date.

C-#46 Vitali Peunov
Background:An excellent all-around center. Vitali plays good ofensively and almost as well defensively. One of the nation's best players he achieved a stellar 122 points in 75 games last season.

C-#23 Vyecheslav Mistrenko
Team:St.Beaversburg Roughnecks
Background:Even though he's on the third line, he's a force to be reckoned with. With a play style similar to that of his teammate Andrew Pollock, he's a scoring machine. Last year, he scored 58 times, making him one of only 12 Canuckistanis to score more than 50 goals in a season and the only one to do it twice in a row.

C-#11 Heinz Kampf
Team:Qualifax Whalers
Background:From a poor immigrant family, Heinz overcame poverty to become famous. Living in the poor village of Hiblini, there was only one skating rink in the town and due to being bullied, he often hardly got any time on the arena, however his father made a small one where his practiced his skills to become one of Soviet Canuckistan's best. In his past season, he got 92 points in 74 games, a true accomplishment for a child of poverty.

RD-#56 Alessandro Virilini
Team:Cowgary Cowboys
Background:A young star in Canuckistani hockey, with his physical style of play, has earned him the nickname "The Bulldozer." Often compared to Andrew Pollock, and considered his equivalent in defence, this rookie has skill beyond his age. With an impressive 56 assists last year and 74 points, he'll be someone to watch.

RD-#90 Alexander Langdon
Team:Tunguska Patriots
Background:The youngest on the team, this kid has something to prove. A tank on the ice, heavy but fast, his physical style of play is unparalleled. In 75 games, he managed to assist 52 goals and scored 10 for a total of 62 points.

RD-#14 Sergei Plovin
Team:HC Chevo
Background: Born in the mountains of Canuckistan, Sergei learned about the winter sports at a young age. By the age of 10, he was playing teenagers in organized hockey and excelled. He was drafted first overall by HC Chevo at the age of 18 and has been there ever since. At 30, he's one of the older members and a veteran for the defencemen.

LD-#21 Andre Plamondon-Piquette
Team:Duntreal Revolution(Soviet Quebexico)
Background:The only player to play on a Quebexican team, he's a rarity on the team. Despite the war which tore through his homeland, he's in top shape for the cup. With fast reflexes, he can take any situation and make it to his advantage with his speed. A good helper for the team's scorers, he got 55 assists in 75 games last year.

LD-#66 Pieter Sijeppe
Team:Potcouver Pirates
Background: A young player from Potcouver, Pieter is for sure a talented player. His quick acceleration help him get back to the point quickly after scoring chances so to not put his team in jeopardy. Last year, with the Pirates, he racked up and impressive 52 assists in only 65 games.

LD-#77 Sven Persson
Background:Playing out of the hot desert city of Camelton, Sven's best sport isn't ice hockey. Growing up for most of his childhood playing field hockey, his field hockey coach showed him ice hockey. After lacing up a pair of skates, he took to the ice easily and progressed to the point where he now represents Soviet Canuckistan on the international stage. After WCOH 23, he was signed by the Fighting Narwhals where he continues to show his skill at the sport of Ice Hockey.

G-#1 Kyle Prefontaine
Background:From a hockey playing family, Prefontaine followed in his father's footsteps to glory. His butterfly style of play is one of the best in Soviet Canuckistan and his blocker hand unparalleled. With a GAA of only 1.67 in 75 games last season with 63 wins, this will be one of the goalies to watch.

G-#32 Viktor Albanski
Team:Esov Thunder
Background: Following Oleg Sybanski's retirement from hockey, Albanski was ready to take his place as the only newcomer to the national team. With his last season's GAA of 1.97 and with 58 wins, Albanski brings more youth to a very youthful WCOH 19 team.

Head Coach:Vanier Oloski
Background: A celebrity and the best known Canuckistani hockey player. He holds 12 records in Canuckistani hockey such as most goals scored ever(910) and most points in a season(172). He's now a hockey commentator and of course the head coach for the Soviet Canuckistan national team.

Assistant Coach:George Kino
Team:St. Beaversburg Roughnecks

Assistant Coach:John Smith
Team:Duntreal Revolution(Soviet Quebexico)

Assistant Coach:Alexei Cabrel
Team:Red Army Moscawa

Goaltending Coach:Oleg Sybanski
Team: Red Army Moscawa

Lines:
Forward Line #1:van Key-Pollock-Polomaniuk
Forward Line #2:Ioeusci-Peunov-Petrovski
Forward Line #3:Farnsworth-Mistrenko-Dubruch
Forward Line #4:Smith-Kampf-LaTrappe

Defence Line #1:Plamondon-Virilini
Defence Line #2:Sijeppe-Langdon
Defence Line #3:Persson-Plovin

Starting Goalie:Prefontaine

PK Forward Line One:van Key-Pollock
PK Forward Line Two:Peunov-Polomaniuk

PK Defence Line One:Plamondon-Virilini
PK Defence Line Two:Sijeppe-Langdon

5 vs. 3 Forward Line One:Pollock
5 vs. 3 Forward Line Two:van Key-Peunov

5 vs. 3 Defence Line One:Plamondon-Virilini
5 vs. 3 Defence Line Two:Sijeppe

Powerplay lines same as default lines

If my opponent RPs first, I give them the right to:
Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events:Keep it realistic, no lacrosse shots
Injure my players N
Godmod injuries N
RP ejections to my players N
Godmod other events: Keep it realistic

Style:+1.0
Last edited by Soviet Canuckistan on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Vermark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vermark » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Vermark Senior Men's National Hockey Team
"The Hounds"
Style Modifier: -1.0
Trigramme: VER
Demonym: Vares (noun)/Varish (adj.)
Head Coach: Henrik Norling (Petrovik Oilers)
Assistant Coaches: Anders Lorquist (Vinoburg Vikings)
and Frans Albertsson (Agriholm Mustangs)
Trainer: Dr. Teodor Pallesen (University of Videnhagen)
General Manager: Patrik Zensburg (Pescvik Sharks)
Accolades: Gold Medalists ~ X Winter Olympics

Varish Hockey players will never be the biggest on the ice, however, one would be ignorant to claim that they aren't fast, skilled, and driven. Vares are known to execute flawless breakouts, carry the puck seamlessly through the neutral zone, and cross the blue zone with impeccable skill. Passes are abundant and quick; shots almost always come from the wrist and rarely fail to hit the net. On defense, harsh, unforgiving poke checks and stick lifts follow opponents like maggots on rotten meat. Lacking size, Vares exploit the principle force equals mass multiplied by acceleration by using their speed to inflict damage in the corners open ice with punishing checks. Finally, the most ascribable characteristic to Varish hockey is resilience; no lead is comfortable when playing against Vares. Varish hockey is a force to be reckoned with.

Forwards
LW #13 Matthias Ottosen [Age 28 - Raskstad Lions] - Finesse (Asst. Captain)
C #04 Nicklas Lange [Age 31 - Metropolitan] - Two-way (Captain)
RW #19 Finn Klassen [Age 26 - Pescvik Sharks] - Sniper

LW #23 Peter Fredriksen [Age 24 - Agriholm Mustangs] - Two-way
C #18 Edvard Axelsson [Age 27 - Enberg Wolves] - Power Forward
RW #07 Ake Wilhelmsen [Age 26 - Metropolitan] - Finesse

LW #11 Elias Halt [Age 28 - Vinoburg Vikings] - Power Forward
C #49 Stefan Lunds [Age 25 - Dunsvik Sandmen] - Two-way
RW #21 Rune Frank [Age 27 - Raskstad Lions] - Two-way

LW #28 Einar Poulsen [Age 24 - North End Nationals] - Sniper
C #44 Erik Lorensson [Age 20 - University of Videnhagen (VISA)] - Finesse
RW #11 Einar Axelsen [Age 29 - Petrovik Oilers] - Two-way

Defensemen
LD #05 Nicklas Eriksen [Age 32 - Metropolitan] - Defensive (Asst. Captain)
RD #38 Bjorn Lund [Age 27 - Sorstrom Bears) - Two-way

LD #06 Aron Olsen [Age 26 - Agriholm Mustangs] - Offensive
RD #41 Einar Nordskov [Age 24 - Dunsvik Sandmen] - Defensive

LD #09 Thor Hansson [Age 27 - Raskstad Lions] - Defensive
RD #25 Adnan Jensen [Age 29 - Varmeon Buccaneers] - Defensive

Goaltenders
G #35 Mats Hermansen [Age 29 - Metropolitan] - Hybrid
G #30 Martin Sorenson [Age 26 - Dunsvik Sandmen] - Butterfly

Special Lines
PP1: Ottosen/Lange/Lorensson/Eriksen/Wilhelmsen
PP2: Fredriksen/Axelsson/Lunds/Lund/Frank
PK1: Ottosen/Lange/Eriksen/Lund
PK2: Fredriksen/Axelsson/Nordskov/Hansson
4v41: Ottosen/Lange/Eriksen/Lund
4v42: Fredriksen/Axelsson/Olsen/Nordskov
4v43: Lorensson/Lunds/Hansson/Jenson
3PK1: Lange/Eriksen/Lund
3PK2: Ottosen/Nordskov/Hansson

RP Permissions
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes (2 minute minors only)
Godmod Other Events: No
The Social Republic of Vermark
Capital: Videnhagen | Trigamme: VER | Demonym: Varish/Vare
Leadership: P.M. Markus Leonardsson (Hanseatic Party) | Population: 23,600,000

[About Me: Canadian | Progressive Conservative | Long-Distance Runner]
[National Info: Official Factbook | Videnhagen Press Group | sportmark.vk]
[Storefronts: Hansa Corporation | University of Videnhagen]
"It is not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~Theodore Roosevelt

Seventeen Syllables
Secretary

Founded: May 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seventeen Syllables » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 am

They've been here before,
Kazirstan. But so were we
In mem'ry's palace....

(First match preview)
poetic RP / five-seven-five is the form / haiku? not haiku?

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:18 am

elejamiesportsclub.ej

Your number one source for sports!

Elejamie Sports Club's Guide to Group F - 2nd February 2015
As any ice hockey fans here should know, the 26th World Cup of Hockey starts tonight. Although some fans will argue that it's a tough group and, as such, Elejamie has no chance of qualifying to the round of 16, we're wishing them the best. Despite this, however, the Elejamian Ice Hockey Board have sent their best and brightest, with star players like Anatoly Kasputin (Coventry Puffins); Antonio Cervantes (Ángeles de la Playa de Rocas); Cerin Meloten (Rosetta Royals/Rosate Royal); and Adam Keane (Davenport Dockers), to name a few, as well as former Davenport Dockers and St. John's Celtics winger Michael Madgwick as head coach.

And so, here's our brief guide to Group F - Elejamie's match days and a brief summary on their opponents:

Match Day 1 - VS. Super Llamaland
Elejamie's first match will be against 32nd ranked Super Llamaland in Vermark. Although they came 5th in Group H during the previous tournament, head coach Michael Madgwick has warned his players to not get complacent.

Match Day 2 - VS. Feministvs Sanctvsterra
Afterwards, they will face Feministvs Sanctvsterra, a feminist organisation which has been banned in their native Saintland. Despite them being ranked 14th, there isn't much information on them; the only thing we know about them were their field hockey quarter-final finish during the VIII Olympiad.

Match Day 3 - VS. Havl
Afterwards, the Icy Elephants will have to take on Havl, the reigning champions. This will be a tough match, for obvious reasons. But the team are confident that they will at least hold them to a draw.

Match Day 4 - VS. Pyrranaya
Despite the Pyrranayans also being new to the tournament, they are not to be underestimated. This is mostly because there isn't much information on them at the minute.

Match Day 5 - BYE
After the flight to Valanora, the Elejamians can enjoy a nice relaxing break.

Match Day 6 - VS. Zenic
Hopefully refreshed from their break, the Icy Elephants take on Zenic. This might be a bit of a challenge, seeing as Zenic made it to the quarter finals of the previous tournament before losing to Quebec. But it's still possible for the Icy Elephants to secure a victory.

Match Day 7 - VS. United States of Devonta
And finally, to round things off, Elejamie will face the United States of Devonta, who made their debut in the previous tournament, coming second from last in Group B. Hopefully, this shouldn't be too difficult, but it is still possible for the Devontans to turn things around into their favour.

:Comments:

SDoyle352: This is going to be an interesting tournament.

Hockeyfriend: Don't be like that, Anonymous. After all, no one expected us to come fourth in the World Junior Hockey Championships!

Anonymous: "... the Elejamians can enjoy a nice relaxing break." From losing.
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Zenic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zenic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:27 am

“Are you kidding me with this shit?! Havl in two of our three group stages and now our first group stage opponent? How is this fair?!”

“Lynda Tawfeek, please: we are on an airplane. Let’s try and keep calm until we touch the ground. Once we are, you can have at it; maybe your enthusiasm will motivate the players some more,” spoke Giehl, drinking some scotch to calm himself. One thing that many people did not know was that Giehl was horrified of flying: he never had a bad experience but he just grew a bit anxious whenever he flew. And as much as he enjoyed his assistant coach’s energy, he really did not need it right now. “Why are you being so…. Oh. Oh right, sorry. I forgot,” she replied, regaining her composure somewhat as she looked over the official WCoH XXVI schedule.

“But this still isn’t fair.” Giehl finished off his drink before replying. “I agree. Our schedule is stacked against us with Havl and Super-Llamaland at the start plus the final game against Feministvs Sanctvsterra could be the deciding factor of whether we make it back to the playoffs or not.” Tawfeek shook her head. “You’re forgetting something else: the travel. We’re headed to play the first four in Vermark then have to travel all the way to Valanora to finish off the group stage. Vermark to Valanora, need I remind you, is not a short distance.”

Giehl nodded at the valid point she made. “Not an ideal situation but not too bad. All we need to do is play hard against those teams, avoid getting lax against Devonta, Elejamie and Pyrranaya and ultimately make sure we get as much rest as we are afforded.” Tawfeek scoffed. “I don’t know how you make it sound so easy to be calm. Are you taking something?”

“I am: it’s called alcohol,” he joked before asking the stewardess for another, just as the plane began to arrive in Vermark for their first game of the 26th World Cup of Hockey.
Member of Rushmore
List of Factbooks
Zenic Ministry of Sports Archive
Association Football
KPB Ranking: 4.86 (129th, Post-WC95)
Rushmore Ranking: 5.13 (38th, Post-CR44)
IFCF Coefficient: 0.00 (UR)
Ice Hockey
WCoH Ranking: 13.80 (11th, Post-WCoH 50)
Champions:
45th Copa Rushmori (Futbol)
55th Baptism of Fire (Futbol)
7th U15 World Cup (Futbol)
6th Runner Cup (Futbol)
Runners-up
WCoH 28 (Ice Hockey)
Third Place:
Copa Rushmori XIX (Futbol)
4th Runner Cup(Futbol)

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:57 am

apologies for any omissions or errors, if there are any please TG me so I can update/change them.

HopNation Sports

2-2HDT|15|v.033

WORLD CUP of HOCKEY

Here we go hockey fans, another World Cup of Hockey is about to get started and our Mashers are in an okay position going into it. They are installed as the third seed of Group B with the likes of Ko-oren and Aquitayne ahead of us and Polar Islandstates right behind us. This is not going to be an easy group, but I feel we have a good chance to advance and show that we are a contender in hockey. There is a lot of work to be done and we will probably need some help from a few other teams if we want to finish ahead of were we are starting. Our Nation has also been selected to host some of the group stage games and even one of the Round of 16 series (series 1: #1 vs #16) so that is some very exciting news. I’m very certain that all the teams from Group G that come to play in our great Nation will not be disappointed, I’ve been told that Wayne Messierz (The Head of Hockey Operations in HopNation) has some exciting information about the hosting of those games and he will address those items when we are closer to those game dates.

To start things off our Mashers are going to be faced with what will probably be the toughest game right at the get go. We play Ko-oren a good side that is currently ranked 7th in the hockey multiverse, so we’ll need to be ready for this one and we need to stay out of the penalty box seeing that they have a very good power play unit. After that things ease up just a touch as we will then face PIS followed by a hopefully easy game against United States of Minton. Then we’ll have to see how we are sitting after facing Novaya Zemlya and before meeting Aquitayne. We’ll then end the first set of games by meeting up against Polaskaan followed by a bye on the final group game day. So it will be fast and furious but I think we have a good chance to move on to the next stage of this tournament.

Good luck to all competing in this edition of the World Cup of Hockey!

Brew On!
Brew Well Hoptonians!
Ringwald Griffinsmith
HopNation Sports Writer
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Tommy's Blog

More people in Torisakia today are using toenails. Bryan from East Lake says, "Yeah, I like toenails. I've got ten of them. Five on each foot". Oh, hello! I'm Murvin Alexander, faous sports blogger in Torisakia. Yes, yes. As you all know, I'm part cyborg. After all the commotion over me not paying my taxes that ultimately lead to my execution, my corpse was then donated to science, into the lab, and fitted for technology. Well, actually, I just have a micropchip for a heart and a metal arm and leg. Right, so another World Cup of Hockey has come around once again. As you remember last time-wait, there wasn't a last time was there? We didn't play in the last tournament because of all that commotion over Cassidy and Kelso from the football team.1 We never saw Cassidy again either. Well, actually, that's because she's dead. HA! We didn't need her anyways. This year's team looks just as good. We have a guy named Twyla Roijackers! What better name could you ask for?

So as you know there's been a lot of changes in ice hockey in Torisakia over the last year. Mostly trades and contract endings, and the disappearence of Alexei Borodin from the Hockey Quebec league. Some players have left the national team, noteably Jason Junkin as he went on to pursue a career as an entertainer at Cockatoos. Some new additions have been made, specifically at goalie with Quentin Vann replacing Ronald Dragarič. Most of the new players aren't too inexpereinced, with the youngest plyer being newcomer to the league Twyla Roijackers from East Lake City. Named Rookie of the Year for the 2013-2014 season, he had a total of 22 goals and 15 assists and two hat-tricks. If you ask me (or anyone with a sense of mind), that's better than what Cassidy used to do. After her first tournament, she really went downhill. And now she's dead. And everything was lovely once again, wonderful.But where there's a young player, there's the high chance of him becoming a major douche bag. You all saw how Jason turned out. For Harrybo's sake, he's working at a transvestite bar now. But, and this is a big but, if he stays in the right set of mind he shouldn't become one. If he does, well, I'll just have to settle it out my own way. I've recently cashed in on Harrybo's arsenal. Turns out he's alive, actually. He's serving a one year sentence of hard labor at Western Tokai Security House for prostitution. Dunnoboutthat.

Looking at the schedule, we're actually placed in a decent group this time. Group G holds, along with Torisakia, Valanora, Jeckland, Kazirstan, Quakmybush, Seventeen Syllables, and Sheffland. What's interesting is that four of our opponents are ranked. That means that we will have less easy games, but there'll be more entertainment. I'm sure we've played some of those teams before, but I'm too out of memory to go back and look it up. So that was that. Our first game is against Jeckland, who is ranked at #30. At least our newcomers will start out playing against a good challenge. While our veterns will already know what to expect from ranked teams. Let's just hope this time we won't lose to unneccessary teams in unneccessary ways. I heard over in North America some sports team lost in an unneccessary way in American football by throwing at the one-yard line instead of running with some guy named "Beast Mode" and winning. We're not that stupid, so we shouldn't have any problems. Then again, we're us. And Harrybo is still alive. So there's still a chance that things could turn out bad for us. Right, so as for me attending games this time, it seems that our games will be hosted in different venues in different nations. This mean that the travel cost is the fastest in the land; er, I mean, very high. I've bought tickets for me and David's Little Gang and got all my expenses paid for. Thus, I will be attending games. Unless somehow I lose my ticket in a bowl of hot nachos again or a Butt Inspector steals theme again. So here's to another great tournament! Let's bring home the trophy that we should've won years ago but were bullshitted out of! Hooray!

1OOC: For roleplaying purposes, Torisakia dropped out of participating in WCoH 25. Thus why I say they didn't play.

Comments:
1. ChekAutDisDude: Hey, Murvin's back. He got the site back. Cool.
2. wally: Harrybo's still alive? wut.
3. BlueiCE: How long until we get more girls on the team? That's really the only reason I followed this sport in the past two years.
4. ImmenseGuns: Wow, the team looks like they've really gone downhill since that stuff with Cassidy. But I guess it's not all that bad she died, right?
5. Sairentodoroido: sumwun say cockatoos?
6. HockeyMask17: Good to see Murvin still alive. Did he make a Fullmetal Alchemist reference somewhere in here?
7. Ampix: @HockeyMask17, all of Murvin's posts are a reference to something. I doubt he knows anything about FMA.
8. GreenFogInYoFace: @BlueiCE, get ur sexist ass out of here. go back to /b/.
9. turtlefucker12: @GreenFogInYoFace, what's /b/?
10. wally: @turtlefucker12, don't ask...DON'T.
See all comments (8,411)
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:33 pm

"We're here. Look alive!"

That was the call from the coach as the players exit the plane to go to the locker room. The players have a spring in their step as they have just spent the last few hours getting to know each other. A conversation takes place between the coaches on the walk to the stadium in freezing cold Quebec.

"Oh, Jesus. Beliveau should've been here."
"Will you shut up? I've been getting calls from just about every media reporter to talk about the team."
"It's freezing, and I have no idea how to prepare the boys for this game."
"Just calm down, and let us do our job."
"OK, but it's still so cold."
"Complaining about it won't make it any better."
"You're right... but I wonder how many people will even be here."
"That's not our job. Our job is to make sure the players play to their best and represent our country well."

They go on for a few minutes as they travel to the stadium for the players to change and to get on the ice to warm up. Due to the condensed schedule, all Walamzian players will be made available to the media after the game for twice as long as normal to compensate for the time in which they will be preparing for the game.

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Valanora Times
Calcuttas Look For Redemption

It has been a steady decline over the past six years for the Calcuttas, the nation's national team when it comes to ice hockey, with the exception of having won the previous two Olympic gold medals. However that streak came to a screeching end last month when the team somehow managed to not even find their way out of the group stage despite being the odds on favorites to win the title for the third time on the trot. However unlike the Olympics which come sporadically, the World Cup of Hockey offers a quick chance for redemption for the squad who failed to measure up to their skill and standards. Yet in order to do so, the squad will need to shake off the stagnation that has seemed to plagued not only them but all of the Vanorian sporting scene in the last six years, to cease the perilous yo-yoing that the squad seems to have in terms of the results of the tournament.

The challenge will be steep however, as their lack of top four finishes in the last tournaments has seen the Calcuttas slide down the rankings to their current spot of 12th, placing them squarely in the middle of the second pot. It is not particularly a bad spot to be, if not for the pedigree that the Calcutta team has, having won the WCoH and Olympic games on multiple occasions, of being one of the founding members of the new WCoH with the fall of the Cherry Cup over fifty years ago, and for a point in time the Vanorian domestic league was the best in the world. That has changed though and with that change, it means that the Calcuttas will need to change their approach to the game and tournaments in general.

Being a second seed means they now do have to contend with top seeds in the group stage, with Torisakia being the one in Valanora's group. They are four years off a remarkable run in World Cup 24 though the have had some recent upheaval in their ranks. Perhaps not all the idea of what a top seed should be like, yet that is the exact thought process that has gotten Vanorians into trouble in recent times. Seeing weaknesses in others and expecting to exploit them while covering their own shortcomings against the opposition. Instead of being so headstrong and confident, the Calcuttas need to instead focus on getting better and improving their own play before trying to discern the opposition's weakness and how to exploit them. You can't hitch a horse to a broken wagon and expect things to get far, you need to repair your own house first.

The Calcuttas will open the tournament with a bye however, giving them a few extra days to gather themselves in preparation for the test ahead. After that, they prepare to run the gauntlet of the group stage with six straight matches to showcase that thew Olympics is behind them and they have learned their lesson in underestimating opponents and over estimating their own abilities. A run at the chance for redemption, which begins in earnest with Seventeen Syllables, an unranked newcomer looking to make a statement in seventeen syllables or less. Kazirstan stands to be the trap second match before the big pressure match at the halfway spot against the top seeds, with then a potential letdown game against Jeckland in the aftermath of that pivotal affair. Old World Cup of Football adverseries in Quakmybush are the ones lined up for the pentultimate match, before the side ends group play against another unranked squad with Sheffland.

It is a difficult path, one that will see side travel to Vilita for the first trio of games and then to HopNation for their last three matches, rather than being hosted in Quebec solely. On that note, the northern gate city of Stormguard will be hosting seven matches themselves in the national arena of Gallen's Cove. The gatekeeper city will expected get in the upwards of a million tourists from those seven matches as the mountainous area gets the spotlight for once. This World Cup for the World will look to bring many changes, for the Calcuttas, they hope it will be change for the better and perhaps even to the championship form that is of the Vanorian norm, should they find what ails them and correct it post haste.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Cosumar National Hockey Team

NICKNAME: Ice Dragons
COACH: Jerre Klepiten, 57
ASSISTANT COACH: Casper Bures, 40
ASISTANT COACH: Simon Kirkson, 46
TEAM CAPTAIN: Zakk Klyde
VENUE: Jiro Bishop Megarink (cap. 45,000) in Samotath, Cosumar

Modifier: +2

Goalies
22 - Rahul Nopaz (Age 31 - 6"6, 215)
23 - Gorlan Pekovic (Age 28 - 6"5, 220)

Defensemen
03 - Kevin Harpin (Age 25 - 6"2, 200)
02 - AJ Morton (Age 23 - 5"11, 195)
21 - Joel Novamo (Age 29 - 6"4, 225)
04 - Alex Johnston (Age 22 - 5"11, 190)
24 - Irv Frazer (Age 31 - 6"2, 210)
05 - Louis Freeborg (Age 32 - 6"3, 230)
06 - Terak Sconberg (Age 20 - 6"2, 200)

Forwards
01 - C - Joseph Thomas Simpson (Age 28 - 6"2, 210)
10 - C - Zakk Klyde (Age 33 - 6"2, 205)
14 - C - Akeem Mosling (Age 29 - 6"0, 190)
34 - C - Michael Garriger (Age 30 - 5"11, 205)
38 - C - Riley Mrozek (Age 23 - 6"0, 195)
30 - C - Alex Douglass (Age 22 - 6"0, 200)
24 - L - George Coen (Age 25 - 6"0, 185)
68 - L - Jaret Cherry (Age 26 - 6"1, 205)
47 - L - Bernard Justice (Age 26 - 6"4, 235)
83 - L - Hob Eraksson (Age 21 - 6"4, 210)
55 - R - Kirum Davenport (Age 29 - 5"10, 195)
56 - R - Darius Liinko (Age 27 - 6"0, 200)
87 - R - Tiki Olson (Age 25 - 6"3, 220)

Cosumar's uniforms, designed by Sabre Inc.

If my opponent RPs first, they may:

Choose my scorers: Y
Penalise my players: Y
Eject my players: Y
Injure my players: Y, but let me determine severity
Godmod scoring: Y
Godmod injuries: Y
Godmod other events: Y, telegram me first if extreme
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:56 pm

OOC: There will be a RP post by me before MD2 Cutoff, with the Quebecois side of the opening ceremonies held in Sherbrooke. Since it's a global competition, with venues spread across the Multiverse, you may RP out your own part of the opening ceremonies.

218 games, 56 teams, 8 groups, 7 pots. Only one winner.

The 26th World Cup of Hockey begins tonight, with the opener between Nassau-Hessen and Royal Kingdom of Quebec in Sherbrooke. Memories will be made, tears will be shed, and the joy will be shared. Goals will be scored, and history will be rewritten.

Here is your 1st Cutoff of the tournament.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Matchday One Results

Group A
Patistan 5–3 Star United States
Nassau-Hessen 1–5 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Walamzia 3–7 Pays den Haut

Group B
Polar Islandstates 1–2 Polaskaan
HopNation 1–3 Ko-oren
United States of Minton 2–6 Novaya Zemlya

Group C
Arkiasis 5–3 Nephara
Cosumar 0–3 Hicana
East Corsaire 0–7 Electrum

Group D
Yttribia 0–2 Vermark
San Jose Guayabal 0–3 Gregoryisgodistan
The Sword Bloke 4–8 Mizuyuki

Group E
Semarland 0–0 The Jahistic Unified Republic
Esparmuran 2–10 Equestrian States
Ontorisa 1–0 Allamunic States

Group F
Super Llamaland 0–1 Elejamie
Zenic 1–4 Havl
Pyrranaya 1–7 United States of Devonta

Group G
Kazirstan 2–1 Seventeen Syllables
Jeckland 1–5 Torisakia
Quakmybush 0–3 Sheffland

Group H
Abanhfleft 4–1 Weatherandearthstan
Soviet Canuckistan 0–2 Gyatso-Kai
Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland 4–4 Neyosil

Tables to come in MD2.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005

Postby Gyatso-kai » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:57 pm

RENEWED ICE BISONS RETURN TO THE MULTI-VERSE STAGE!

ONLINE EDITION
3 FEBRUARY 2015.1

TOURNAMENT -
WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY

Image Comment (100273)
Image Share & Re-Post (98334)
Image Lianbook
Image RepTwitter
Image Print
Written by SHEN Ning Lee

REPUBLIC CITY --- With a rather depressing two years of World Cup play behind them since their rise to the Championship, Gyatso-kai is set to send the National Team abroad in the Twenty-Sixth Edition of the World Cup of Hockey.

"It was a bit tough," spoke Song Unataq, senior rightwinger from the University of Adirolf, at the Republic Media Days last week. "First time in the (National Team) sweater, and we get knocked out again by the (Dragonflies of Ko-oren). It didn't sit well with many of the players that night."

A very tough end to the World Cup adventure for the Ice Bisons; an early exit thanks to the Ko-orenite team in World Cup of Hockey XXV, a very disappointing 1-3 appearance at the Royal Alexandre Hockey Invitational, and then another early departure thanks ot the Blue and Green of the Dragonflies. Many in the Avatarian hockey community see this as a sign that Head Coach Kad Skirata --- now entering his eleventh World Cup at the helm --- should move on and return to focusing his time on his AHL team in Itakawai. In a special interview with ASPN's Can Yue-Lo's Red Lines Around the Multiverse, Head Coach Skirata had the following to say when asked by Yue-Lo if he had heard of people asking for him to resign:

Are people calling for my resignation? Of course they are: Any time a team hits a lull, people immediately blame the head coach and call for him to retire. Just look at Adirolf's L'wil Chammusp last year; his team has it's first losing season in nearly a decade, and the fans were chanting "Fire Chammusp" during his school's homecoming. Was it his fault for the poor performance? In part, yes, but the blame does not rest solely on him. We will get the team sorted early, work in the new blood, and make sure we return to the World Cup stage in the best fighting form we can be. End of discussion.

Kad Skirata, Head Coach, Gyatso-kai Men's National Ice Hockey Team

When talking about fresh blood, many are speculating the retirement of key Avatarian players, many of whom have become legends in their own right since the team's debut in World Cup of Hockey XV. With Hakoda Ishii, the Captian of the Ice Bisons who scored his 110th goal for the Gyatso-kaian team in the first period against Soviet Canuckistan during WCoH XXV, reaching 32-years-of-age during this World Cup, many are wondering who will replace him. Also reaching higher ages is Ko Piando, who turned 35 during the National Team Training Camps two months ago, and venerable veteran defenceman Pakku Ito, who is set to turn 37 later this month. OF the sixteen players who make up the three main lines used in the National Team, only four players were on the main three of the Avatarian's debut team back in World Cup XV: Ishii, Ito, and Arnook Ishida were on the starting line when GYatso-kai was defeated 4-5 by the Cosumarite Dragons. It was after the Cassadaigua Incident when Ko Piando --- a fresh-faced 24-year-old from the Southern Islands --- and Hiteki Kia -- a 17-year-old 11th Year from the Northern Watertribe --- would make the move from reserve to starting lines.

But is it time for the team to move on?

Many see the inclusion of players like Song Unataq, Shao Lee, and Mori Tatsuhiro as a welcomed Changing of the Guard, but is that really enough? In the Royal Alexandre Hockey Invitation between WCoH XXIV and XXV, the third line saw one Hiroki Ikegami from Kyoshi State University on the third line to serve as Ko's replacement when he came down with a bad cold. With Ko being the second-oldest player on the team, many want to see Hiroki move up from the Reserve Corps and come into the limelight, seeing as his late third-period goal gave the Ice Bisons their only victory in the Invitational. However, during the Training Camps, Hiroki was just not developed enough to warrant a spot on the main lines.

"He is a sharp kid," spoke Ishikawa Hiraku, Defence Coach for the Ice Bisons, "but our defence needs players who can accurately read the ice and know what an opponent is going to do before he even shifts his weight. (Hiroki) just isn't ready for the big time yet... He will be in a couple of years, but right now, he needs to focus on KSU and getting ready for (the AHL Draft)."

Ki'an Losow from the University of Keldabe is another player whose exclusion from the main lines left many in the Avatyatian hockey community in disbelief. He excelled during many of the day trials and scrimishes, but when it came time for evaluation, ASPN's own Leyash Liege found some of the scouts are not yet willing to risk bringing in new blood when tournaments are becoming more competitive. Here is what she had to say on ASPN Prime's 30 at 15 yesterday afternoon:

It is almost as if they do not want to risk experimenting with new players right now. With the Ice Bisons really only getting two tournaments a year to play in --- the RAHI and the World Cup --- there really isn't any room for trying out new line combinations. Some --- specifically D'rad Sonjohso of the Beijing Stars --- want to see the AHL send its youngest players overseas to other leagues and have them develop abroad; something Commissioner Rayg Mantebb has been very outspoken against."

Leyash Leige, Hockey Coorespondant, 28.01.2015.1

Commissioner of the AHL Rayg Mantebb was originally against the Cotedelapoms' acquisition of four AHL players --- Shu Huanguo, Ko Piandao, Feng Tao, and Arnook Ishida --- right after the Seventeenth World Cup of Hockey. However, immense pressure from the coaches of the AHL teams as well as the Player's Union resulted in several lucrative contracts being signed, as well the eventual seven-year tenure of Kal Skirata in the CHL, where he still remains for another year at the Montréal Royals. There, he blossomed into a well-rounded player who has a multitude of multiverse experience; something many coaches in the Avatarain Collegiate Sports Association (ACSA) want for their players, some of whom are simply not good enough to enter into the AHL fresh from college.

"It is something we have spoke about at length," said Republic City State University Head Coach Cheng Loiak, "Being able to send many of our less-than-draftable players overseas and allow them to develop there. All you need to do is look at the only five players to ever go abroad, and you can see just how well they turned out. All but two still play for the National Team, with one retiring and one deciding to focus on his family instead of hockey. These men deserve a chance to play in Québec, or the Torisakian league, or even in the NEHL in Neu Engollon."

We can only hope that, for the future of Avatarian Hockey, Commissioner Mantebb will allow our players to travel abroad.

Another topic this World Cup is the unique bid from the Royal Kingdom of Québec; whereas in tournments past, each host nation bore the sole responsibilty of hosting matches throughout the tournament, this year, the Québecoise host have settled on allowing multiple nations to host games. Many in the multiverse community are saying that this interesting, yet somewhat confusing, bid is due to the initial failing of the nation of Gregoryisgodistan to achieve the necessary votes to have a successful first bid.

"There was obviously many concerns with the host bid by Gregoryisgodistan," spoke World Cup of Hockey Federation Vice President Tie Lian-hua from her offices in Québec. "For one, the safety of our players and fans is paramount in the nature of a bid, and unfortunately, the nation of Gregoryisgodistan could not even begin to guarantee such safety. With the entire Avatarian delegation abstaining in the first host vote collection, the process of nation's bidding began anew; with Québec putting forward a bid which only garnished 60% of the votes, while the other 40% went again to Gregoryisgodistan."

"I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want a game in Gregoryisalunaticstan,"
spoke Name Redacted for Personal Security at a local media day in Gaipan. "The whole nation should just be sent to a nuclear winter for all of eternity..."

While many do share Name Redacted's opinion, the President of Hockey Operations for the National Sports Council Cheng Yukstad had the following to say in a statement to the press before the announcement of Québec's winning bid:

It is an isue that we will address when the time comes. However, I want to assure all of our fans and the people of Gyatso-kai that should any World Cup be held in the nation known as Gregoryisgodistan, the men of our National Hockey team have expressed to me that, out of respect for the game and all those who have played in the past, they will forfeit the game. I am in full support of their decision, which I spoke to them about at length soon after the host bid of Gregoryisgodistan was announced."

Cheng Yukstad, President of Hockey Operations for the National Sports Council of Gyatso-kai

A rather interesting statement...

As has become expected, GyatsoAir --- in partnership with the AHL and the National Sports Council ---
have promised to offer reduced-pricing on airline tickets to the various potential nations which could host World Cup matches this year to facilitate the spectatorship of our national team in the Group Stage, Round of Sixteen, and Quarterfinals of the Twenty-Sixth World Cup of Hockey. In addition, each game the Ice Bisons play in shall be aired on the entire ASPN family of networks (ASPN Prime, ASPN2, AVS, ASPN3, UASPN): All other games shall air on the World Sports Nation and World Sports Nation PLUS, which are being made available on all television and internet-provider services at NO COST from now until the conclusion of the World Cup of Hockey.

Official Name: Gyatso-kai National Ice Hockey
Team / 凯海洋国家冰球队(Kaihaiyáng Guójia Bingqiú Duì) / Gyats'kai Tsad droten Cinyc'get'shuk
Official Nation Name: The Avatarian Republics of Gyatso-kai / 凯海洋降世神通共和国 (Kaihaiyáng Jiàngshì Shéntong Gònghéguó) / Tsad Gyats'kai Jettise
Country Code: GKI
Officiating League: Avatarian Hockey League (AHL)
Founded: 1902 (17 YARk)
Titles: 1 (Championship: World Cup of Hockey XXIII)
Nickname: Ice Bisons (commonly just Bisons)

Head Coach: Kad SKIRATA
Assistant Coach: KIO Huangshun
Forward Coach: KUSONAGI Katashi
Defense Coach: ISHIKAWA Hiraku
Goalie Coach: SHU Huanguo
Medical Staff: FONG Wuchin (Head Doctor), LEE Haicheng, WEN Jintao, HU Jiabao

Roster
Position #	Name		Age	Hand	College				Current Team
GK 68 ZHAO Hotaka 26 L Ba Sing Se University Republic Capitals
DEF 32 SATO Sorua 29 R University of Kibago Beijing Stars
DEF 27 HITEKI Kia 26 R Uni. of the Southern Tribes Beijing Stars
OFF 02 ISHIDA Arnook 27 L Univ. of the Northern Tribes Northern BuffaloYaks
OFF 04 ISHII Hakoda(C) 32 R Northern University Itakawai Lightning
OFF 49 SONG Unataq 21 R University of Adirolf University of Adirol

GK – 68 – ZHAO Hotaka
Height: 188cm - Weight: 83kg – Age: 26 years old – Hand: L - Team: Republic Capitals

Gone are the days of being compared to the Legendary Shu Huanguo; after replacing the 'Great Wall of Shu' five years ago, Zhao Hotaka has proven to be a worthy starting netminder for the Ice Bisons. He continues to flourish at home, leading the Republic Capitals to three consecutive Kuruk Cups before the retirement of Head Coach Nanuq Antinanco after fifteen years at the helm two seasons ago. Now, under new Head Coach Takamata Hoshi, the Capitals have been struggling to adapt to his very aggressive, very offence-minded style of play. However, Zhao continues to maintain a near 0.986 save percentage in AHL play.

His style of play is very reminiscent of Shu, credited with teaching Zhao back at BSSU. A mixture of the profly with more classic butterfly style thrown in, Zhao's quick reflexes prevent many a rebound from getting past him. In addition, being a full five centimetres taller than Shu, Zhao is able to cover a bit more net and keep the goals from getting past him. His original role on the Ice Bisons was to come in and save Shu, rescuing many a performance, though now, starting with the first line, it may be Zhao who will one day need saving.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: A – Skill: 0.912
CAPS: 71 :: Career Save %: 0.976
PLAYED in WCoH XVI-XXI, XXIII-XXV, RAH II

LD – 32– SATO Sorua
Height: 191cm - Weight: 101kg – Age: 29 years old – Hand: R - Team: Beijing Stars

A strong defenceman who Skirata has favoured since the Third World Junior Hockey Championships, Sato Sorua is a integral piece of the Bisons' defence. Into his eight professional season and his ninth selection to the national team, Sato is seeming to slow down a bit; in World Cup XXV, he managed no goals and only three assists. Some say his mind was too focused on his newborn son last tournament... We can only hope that was the case.

One of the greatest back-skaters in the game, he has become a regular facet of the Ice Bisons' defence. Even though he struggled in the Royal Alexandre Invitational to adjust to the absence of Pakku Ito on the first line, thanks to a trade from the Northern BuffaloYaks putting Hiteki Kia with him throughout the 2014.3 Season, the two have solidified their relationship.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: B – Skill: 0.882
CAPS: 129 :: Goals: 8 :: Assist: 19
PLAYED in WJHC 3, WCoH XVI-XXI, XXIII-XXV, RAH II

RD – 26 – HITEKI Kia
Height: 190cm - Weight: 94kg – Age: 26 years old – Hand: R - Team: Northern BuffaloYaks

A impressively sized Northern Watertribesman, Hiteki Kia is known for his physical play; a man not afraid of boarding whoever has the puck and getting it up ice. He has strong passing skills, only slightly weaker than Ito who he replaced on the first line going into World Cup XXV, yet it is his youthful speed and agility which led to the 'Changing of the Back Guards' as it has been termed in local media.

Known for his "clean-up skills", Hiteki is a more reserved player than his left counterpart, Sato Sorua. His accuracy is mediocre at best on the shot, but his ability to poke-check and contain the puck within the blue makes Hiteki a solid addition to a line that has not seen very much success in its last two outings in Multiverse play. In his first Cup on the main lines, Hiteki was able to score two goals and garnish two assists on the third line; one better suited at "damage control", yet he was the deciding goal against The Fair Republic, as well as the go-ahead go against Havl. Last World Cup, his first on the first line, Hiteki racked only one goal and four assists; a telling sign that he has settled more into his role of defence on the primary line.
Rating: B - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: B – Skill: 0.825
CAPS: 36 :: Goals: 5 :: Assist: 7
PLAYED in WCoH XIX, XXIII-XXV, RAH II

LW - 02 – Arnook ISHIDA
Height: 188cm - Weight: 93kg – Age: 27 years old – Hand: L - Team: Northern BuffaloYaks

A solid winger capable of playing both sides of the ice equally, Arnook Ishida has managed to finally find his place as a mature winger. After six years in Cotdelapoms with the Albionpool Oak Leafs, Ishida made a triumphant return to the AHL, signing a three-year, 8 million yuan contract with his old team the Makapu Flames which has proven to be quite the deal for the Flames. However, at the end of his contract, Ishida was quickly traded to the BuffaloYaks in exchange for two younger players and a second round draft pick; perhaps a signal of his aging concerns.

Despite a slow showing in WCoH XXIII, Ishida came into his own in WCoH XXIV; managing to score four goals and earn six assists in a short tournament, Ishida proves he deserves to be on the first line. In WCoH XXV, the former 'Northern Loose Cannon' managed three goals and four assist. A worrisome sign in that he did not improve between World Cups. A quick skater known to be very physical when the game calls for it, Ishida continues to mature through both his international play, but also his mutliverse play.
Rating: B - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: B – Skill: 0.851
CAPS: 131 :: Goals: 28 :: Assist: 28
PLAYED in WCoH XV-XXI, XXIII-XXV, RAH II

C – 04 – Hakoda ISHIICAPTAIN
Height: 193cm - Weight: 94kg – Age: 32 years old – Hand: R - Team: Itakawai Lightning

The star forward of the Itakawai Lightning, Hakoda Ishii returns to lead the Ice Bisons after managing to record the most appearances on the National Team (Tied with Pakku Ito) as well as the Most Goals Scored; earning his 115th goal, as well as two hat-tricks in what was a somewhat-short tournament.

A strong centre, Ishii is able to coordinate many a great highlight goal: With tremendous vision and terrific passing skills, he is the best two-way player in Gyatso-kai. Looking to do even better this time around, you can be sure that Ishii shall light the lamp at least once every game. Despite the viewing of his last two World Cups as a sign of retirement, Ishii continues to improve both on and off the ice.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: A – Skill: 0.982
CAPS: 133 :: Goals: 115 :: Assist: 65

RW – 49 - SONG Unataq
Height: 183cm - Weight: 90kg – Age: 21 years old – Hand: R - Team: University of Adirolf

The first ninteen-year-old to make the first line since Sato Sorua made his debut back in World Cup XVI, Song Unataq fills out a predominately Watertribe first line. A Waterbender from the Southern Tribes, Song has taken the collegiate hockey realm by storm thanks to not only a five-goal game against the University of Omashu opening night of the 2014.2 ASCA season, but maintaining a 2.1 goal average per game throughout that ASCA season. Song looks to continue to prove his mettle as he dones the National Kit for the second time on the World Cup stage, having made his second National Career goal in the second game of WCoH XXV against Bandwagon.
Rating: B - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: A – Skill: 0.905
CAPS: 14 :: Goals: 3 :: Assist: 5
PLAYED in WCoH XXV, PLAYED in RAI II

Position #	Name		Age	Hand	College				Current Team
DEF 20 SHAO Lee 21 L University of Omashu University of Omashu
DEF 54 ITO Pakku (A) 37 R Roku University Itakawai Lightning
OFF 26 Walon VAU 28 L Keldabe State University Gaipan Dragonflies
OFF 08 Wad'e TAY'HAAI 27 R Keldabe State University Whale Tail Whalers
OFF 44 Kal SKIRATA 27 L Keldabe State University Montréal Cotdelapomais (CDP)

LD – 18 – SHAO Lee
Height: 190cm - Weight: 113kg – Age: 21 years old – Hand: R - Team: University of Omashu

In what has been called the 'Defence Shakedown of History', the second line of the Ice Bisons' defence saw a change in the relegation of Ko Piando to the third line. When the call was made, Skirata neeed an impressively sized man to bring in and keep that solid wall designed to shut down an opponent's offence and maybe send a couple of players to the locker room for injuries. What Skirata found was an Omashuese right-hander who has kept his college team alive despite giving up an average of 3.2 goals a game against the first line by shutting out from the second line 85.3% of the time. In Shao Lee, we look to the future of the second line.

Standing at 190cm and tipping the scales at 113kg --- three kilos more of muscle than last World Cup ---, Shao is no small man. However, with great size also comes a lesser speed than what the Ice Bisons have grown used to in the speed pairing of Hiteki and Ko over the last two World Cups. Also, as a pure defencemen, Shao is not the assist-making machine that Ko was; making just three assists in the 28 goals the Ice Bisons scored last Cup. However, perhaps it is time for our second line to change its purpose...
Rating: B - Team Relationship: B - Morale: B - Form: A – Skill: 0.886
CAPS: 14 :: Goals: 0 :: Assist: 3
PLAYED in WCoH XXV, PLAYED in RAHI II

RD – 32– Pakku ITO - ASSISTANT CAPTAIN
Height: 193cm - Weight: 108kg – Age: 37 years old – Hand: R - Team: Itakawai Lightning

The seasoned veteran of the Defensive line, Pakku Ito is returning to National Team for the ninth time, albeit for the first time not on the starting line. At 37-years-of-age, Ito is settling into his twilight --- most players retire around 40 --- and yet, he still possesses the vitality of a man ten years his junior. In fact, in the team's victory over The Transalpine Republic in World Cup XXIII, Ito recorded his Century for the Ice Bisons; one hundred caps made even sweeter by the game-winning goal.

Great on the backskate and known for perfect poke-checking skills, Ito’s greatest strength is his ability to read the ice and predict the play with an uncanny certainty. He isn’t afraid of getting rough, which with his Mandalorian background, should come at no surprise. Now on the second line, Ito is expected to continue using his size and speed to pair with the younger behemoth Shao Lee. Of course, Ito has a great deal to teach and give Lee from nearly a decade of bashing players into boards and stealing pucks in the Ice Bisons sweater.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: A – Skill: 0.943
CAPS: 133 :: Goals: 16 :: Assist: 54

LW – 26 – Walon VAU
Height: 182cm - Weight: 88kg – Age: 28 years old – Hand: R - Team: Itakawai Lightning

Drafted by the Itakawai Lightning in the second round during the 2012.2 AHL Draft, Walon Vau had an incredible two seasons before the 2013.1 Lockout; having won multiple awards, Vau has proven he is much more than the collegiate background to Kal Skirata.

Given his strong backhanded shots, Vau is known for his trademark backward's skating goals at KSU; sending a puck on his left side while skating backwards at the last minute. A little childish in Skirata's opinion, but none the less, it garnishes the support of the fans who always enjoy a little showmanship. After working during the off-season with Hakoda Ishii since joining the Lightning, Vau has continued to show improvement. A career mark in World Cup XXIV, Vau recorded his 100th Cap at the age of twenty-six against Semarland. However, in the last Cup. Vau did not manage a single goal during the last World Cup, and only gave six assists for the tournament.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: A - Skill: 0.901
CAPS: 115 :: Goals: 15 :: Assist: 16
PLAYED in WJHC 3, , WCoH XVII-XXI, XXIII-XV, RAH II

C – 08–Wad'e TAY'HAAI
Height: 183cm - Weight: 87kg – Age: 27 years old – Hand: R - Team: Whale Tail Whalers

Wad'e Tay'haai has hit a bit of a funk. After a low-scoring outing in World Cup XXI, Tay'haai returned to Itakawai to have his first 30-goal season. Whatever the reason, the success Tay'haai first had in the AHL cannot transfer to the World Cup, and in fact, this issue seems to have infected his AHL performances now as well; after the 2014.1 season in which he scored less than 20 goals, the Itakawai Lightning made the heartbreaking decision to trade the former KSU Star to the Whale Tail Whalers to make room under the salary cap to allow for some post-season shuffling. This trade seemed to also signal the end of his first-line run on the National Team. When asked why the shift from the front, Skirata said that perhaps allowing Tay'haai more time to play with his former collegiate teammates would inspire him again, and see an improvement to his game. After the failures of the last three tournaments, some are questioning whether Tay'haai has what it takes to be a multiverse star.

An impressive winger with a very defensively-minded style, Tay'haai continues to show his strengths in
skating and the face-off circle. While the shift from right-wing to centre may change his playstyle, Tay'haai still enjoys the face-off; having never lost a face-off in his entire ACSA career and a mere thirty in his six season with the Lightning and only seven with the Whalers.Though despite these AHL successes, he still needs to show his multiverse strengths or he may not return to another World Cup.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: A – Skill: 0.883
CAPS: 114 :: Goals: 17 :: Assist: 28
PLAYED in WJHC 3, WCoH XVII-XXI, XXIII-XXV, RAH II

RW - 44 – Kal SKIRATA
Height: 194cm - Weight: 92kg – Age: 27 years old – Hand: L - Team: Montréal Cotdelapomais (CDP)

A natural talent, Kal Skirata's skill comes as no surprise, given the history of the Skirata Clan in the Avatarian Sports. While originally suspected to play his first professional game in Gyatso-kai, Skirata would stun the Republics by signing a two-year contract with the Montréal Cotdelapomais, taking his amazing talent and youth to the CHL. While some back at home feel Skirata betrayed his family with the move, however, his father even came out in support of his son's decision; stating the move would introduce the younger Skirata to more styles of play and gain him 'an invaluable experience'. Nonetheless, in his very first season in the CHL, Skirata would come away with not only the Lapointe Award for the Best Rookie, he was able to take the Cotdelapomais to the Dumas Cup final in which he would face off against Shu and the Royals. A touching moment after the final game was when Shu and Skirata came together in the last line, and gave each other a solemn bow before embracing one another.

Now, seven years later, Skirata is showing no sign of slowing down, and continues to develop into a well-rounded right wing who can play both sides of the ice, as well as a player with the vision to one day be a play-caller should he ever return to Gyatso-kai.

Some other players might need to retire first...
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: A – Skill: 0.925
CAPS: 113 :: Goals: 67 :: Assist: 46
PLAYED in WJHC 3, WCoH XVI-XXI, XXIII-XXV, RAH II

Position #	Name		Age	Hand	College				 
Current Team

DEF 18 KO Piandao 35 R Shaoxin University St-Fortunat Saints
DEF 91 KUANG Deniigi(A)25 R Republic City State University Kyrimorut Ramikade
OFF 69 MORI Tatsuhiro 20 L University of Omashu University of Omashu
OFF 43 OTO Yaki 24 L Uni. of the Northern Tribes Outer Ring RabbiRoos
OFF 17 Jaster GILAMIJ 29 L University of Kibago Keldabe Strills

LD – 18 – KO Piandao
Height: 188cm - Weight: 95kg – Age: 35 years old – Hand: R - Team: St-Fortunat Saints(CDP)

Incredibly accurate with his passing and known for his interception skills, Ko has seen some great development while he played in Cotdelapoms. His strength is still one of his greatest assets, an asset he is not afraid to use on the ice; known for putting more than his fair share of men into the boards, Ko garnishes at least two penalties a game for his roughness... Something he is proud of. Many analysis in Cotdelapoms feel that he is simply too good for the Saints, and with a three-year contract coming to an end, maybe he will move around.

Absent from the Royal Alexandre Hockey Invitational, Ko spent his time off training back in Gyatso-kai under renowned Hall of Fame defenceman Murakami Osamu at his personal ranch in Norg Bral. Time that would seem was well spent, considering Ko beat out both the veteran Feng Tao — who seems to have decided to take a year off to spend with family following his wife's diagnosis with breast cancer — and the younger Hiroki Ikegami who managed to shine in the tarnishing performances at the RAHI.

When asked to describe Ko, Coach Skirata compared him to his namesake, the dao — or sword — in that he teters on the edge of a finely-honed blade, and just a simple push will slice you in half: Ko is known to divide players with his impressive size and muscle pucks away from the foes before passing them off to an open player. While his shot power is weaker than most players, his accuracy is second only to the most proficient sharpshooter in the game, Hakoda Ishii. Now on the third line, known more for cleaning up than making plays, can a player with sixtteen assists in the last four World Cups really find a home here?
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: A – Skill: 0.905
CAPS: 130 :: Goals: 0 :: Assist: 24
PLAYED in WCoH XV-XXI, XXIII-XXV

RD – 91 - KUANG Deniigi - ASSISTANT CAPTAIN
Height: 193cm - Weight: 99kg – Age: 25 years old – Hand: R - Team: Kyrimorut Ramikade

Kuang Deniigi is a very physical player with a unique skillset; great ice vision allows Kuang to see plays forming well before they commence. Add to that impressive speed for such a large player and relatively good accuracy, and you have a defensive player who can shift the opponent's momentum against them.

Having graduated from Republic City State University four seasons ago, Kuang was drafted in the third round by Kyrimorut, however, he was quickly traded to the Makapu Flames where he would play for a single season before being traded back to the Ramikade. While the nature of the flip-flop is unknown, it allowed Kuang to play under two distinct coaching styles in two distinctively different divisions. It is always best to learn to combat multiple styles, and Kuang is very knowledgeable about his opponents; a valuable asset to have on the line designed to come in when the game is turning fast against your team.

With the moving of Arnook Ishida to the first line, Head Coach Kad Skirata has bestowed upon Kuang the position of Second Assistant Captain. In an effort to instill leadership skills in the next generation of Ice Bisons, Skirata sees in Kuang a younger Pakku Ito, and perhaps he will one day take the older Water Tribesman's place. However, with the need for young veteran on the third line, Kuang happily finds his place here with the 'A' sewn proudly to his chest.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: A – Skill: 0.860
CAPS: 40 :: Goals: 0 :: Assist: 3
PLAYED IN WCoH XVI, XIX, XX, XXIII-XXV, RAHI II

LW – 69 – MORI Tatsuhiro
Height: 186cm - Weight: 92kg – Age: 20 years old – Hand: L - Team: University of Omashu

With the last-minute departure of Ikeda Kuruk to return home to handle a Tribal Challenge, Mori Tatsuhiro — who only has played four games during the Royal Alexandre — managed to earn his first World Cup starting position. A shorter left-winger from UO, Mori had a bit of a handicap in that he is just nineteen-years-old; this translates into just thirteen collegiate games, albeit in the renowed Southern Earth Conference of the ASCA. Despite being so wet behind the ears, Mori managed to score twice in WCoH XXV; an impressive feat for a player who is on the damage control line.

Quick on the start, Mori suffers from youthful endurance; tending to burn out physically about five minutes into his shifts. However, this is something Skirata has stated he intends on fixing, so you can expect to see Mori in practices wearing a bit more weight and getting pushed into the longer shifts. The average Ice Bisons shift is four minutes, and you cannot have someone nearing exhaustion in their shift. Once he learns to control himself, only pushing himself to the extreme when needed, Mori will make a great addition to the national team.
Rating: B - Team Relationship: B - Morale: B - Form: C – Skill: 0.857
CAPS: 14 :: Goals: 3 :: Assist: 2
PLAYED in WCoH XXV, PLAYED in RAH II

C – 43 – OTO Yaki
Height: 185cm - Weight: 92kg – Age: 24 years old – Hand: L - Team: Outer Ring RabbiRoos

Oto Yaki came onto the National Team as a Reserve player back in WCoH XXI, and would only garnish a starting spot last World Cup. During his first tenure on the National team, Oto would manage to score his first goal during the third period of the seven-goal onslaught brought out in Game 5; a game he would also see two assist.

A player known for his ability to call the best shots back at UNT, Oto was selected third in the 2014.3 draft and found himself playing in the Coastal Division for the Outer RIm RabbiRoos; a team not exactly known for being the best. Then again, when you have to share the same market and city (albeit one the size of most small countries) with the team who won the Kuruk Cup in 2014.1, you cannot really expect much else. Many say that Oto, with his impressive snipshooter skills and the delicate hands needed to make it look like a puck is on a string, should be traded soon to the likes of the Flames or the Miners... We shall see after this World Cup.
Rating: B - Team Relationship: B - Morale: B - Form: A – Skill: 0.865
CAPS: 14 :: Goals: 2 :: Assist: 2
PLAYED in WCoH XXV, RAHI II

RW– 17 – Jaster GILAMIJ
Height: 186cm - Weight: 88kg – Age: 28 years old – Hand: L - Team: Keldabe Strills

Coming from a renowned Mandalorian Youth Hockey Development Academy in Keldabe, Jaster Gilamij played his collegiate hockey in Kibago under a student of Skirata, Mos Shilosa. This resulted in Gilamij developing a very 'Mandalorian'-style of play; far more adept at sniping the puck from the blue line then at bringing it into the crease, Gilamij is still a little rough on the edges to take a lead position on the Bisons. Quick to draw, quick to shoot, Gilamij will one day be seen as a great player.

For now, he is average in all categories... And time may be running out...
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: B - Form: A – Skill: 0.868
CAPS: 95 :: Goals: 2 :: Assist: 7
PLAYED in XXIII-XXV, RAHI II

Position #	Name		Age	Hand	College				 
Current Team

GK 88 HONG Makhu 24 R Republic City State University Gaipan Dragonflies
GK 22 BAO Lin 22 R Keldabe State University Keldabe State University
DEF 49 HIROKI Ikegami 21 R Kyoshi State University Kyoshi State University
DEF 19 BEI FONG Lo 28 R Royal Earth University Republic Capitals
DEF 02 SHAO Lee 21 L University of Omashu University of Omashu
DEF 34 LEE Ning Xue 28 L Hanoi University Itakawai Lightning
DEF 42 KOBE Matsuda 33 L Kyoshi State University Ba Sing Se Bears
DEF 92 Ki'an LOSOW 22 R University of Keldabe University of Keldabe
OFF 35 CHENG Olosic 25 R Republic City State University Wulong Panthers
OFF 28 KIMA Yagone 36 L Uni. of the Southern Tribes Republic Capitals
OFF 48 KIO Loifa 23 L Kyoshi State University Makapu Flames
OFF 11 TSUMADA Azulon 23 R Royal Fire State University Enceri Miners

A relatively unchanged Reserve Corps... Though, with such uncertainity in the Ice Bisons' future, many of these players may just be called up at a moment's notice.

1st Power Play (5v4 [color=green]Offensive)

[32] ---------- [27]
[02] -- [04] -- [49]

2nd Power Play (5v4 Defensive)

[32] ---------- [54]
[26] -- [04] -- [44]

3rd Power Play (5v4 Neutral)

[18] ---------- [91]
[69] -- [43] -- [17]

4th Power Play (4v4 Offensive/Defensive)

[32] ---------- [54]
[02] ---------- [04]

1st Penalty Kill (4v5 Defensive)

------- [32] -------
[27] ----------- [02]
------- [04] -------
2nd Penalty Kill (4v4 Defensive)

------- [54] -------
[20] ----------- [26]
------- [08] -------

3rd Penalty Kill (3v4/5 Defensive)

------- [32] -------
[27] ----------- [04]
--------------------

Presenting a cleaner and crisp face to the Multiverse, the Ice Bisons will wear
THIS UNIFORM for
the duration of the World Cup of Hockey.

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes, so long as they are reasonable.
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out penalties to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes, so long as they do not effect the overall game
STYLE MODIFIER: +3.5 out of 5.0
NB: This style modifier will change thorughout the tournament to reflect the changing Ice Bisons.

If you have any questions at all about players, coaching staff or what you can do with my team, please feel free to telegram me. I will answer as soon as I am able to.
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:13 am

Espar IceCaps Roster

Esparmuran is a freezing, barren nation with less than 1300 citizens to call its own. While it's not exactly the type of country that one would assume that they would participate in a world-class ice hockey tournament, Esparmuran boasts a hockey-crazy populous and as such, the Espar Recreational Community has taken the of assembling an Espar roster for the most recent World Cup of Hockey into their hands.

(LW-C-RW)
Forwards
#16 Orrell Beake, #3 Bailey Royston, #13 Lennox School
#26 Kim Jardine, #50 Yngve Dwerryhouse, #41 Cyril Ayers
#48 Ole Henriksen, #24 Gregers Østergaard, #15 Vivian Christoffersen
#34 Valentin Nordskov, #17 Paul Lauritsen, #14 Alf Hummel

Defence
#44 Blaine Blackwood, #50 Peder Oakley
#7 Devereux Bone, #23 Kingsley Constable
#45 Haven Clausen, #37 Ulrik Bendtsen

Goaltending
#22 Rickey White
#96 Wolf Paige

Beake, Royston, School, Jardine, Dwerryhouse, Ayers, Blackwood, Oakley, Bone, Paige and Clausen will be returning to the IceCaps from the last WCoH. Rickey White has also recovered from his injury against the Gregoryisgodistani Ice Slaves from the 24th WCoH.

Choose My Scorers: Yes, but take note Beake, Royston and Blackwood are the best players will be the ones scoring 85% of the time. the others are essentially cannon-fodder.
RP Injuries to My Players: Any players can take injuries except the three above. Maximum 5 per game.
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes, considering how weak and feeble the majority of the players are, there will injuries to the players. telegram me who is injured through, if you'd be so kind.
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes

Style Modifier: +2

It's almost 1:30 AM, and I'm sure anyone else will overall do a better RPing job than me, so Equestrian States will be better off RPing the 2-10 game anyway.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 am

General Manager's Office, Sundari Times Forum
Sundari, Southern Mandalorian Provinces, Gyatso-kai

1840 hours local time (UTC+8 hours), 30 January 2014.1

Head Coach Kad Skirata found himself sitting in the General Manager's office after a long 8-hour practice, in what would be the last practice for the National Ice Hockey team of Gyatso-kai before they traveled off to the World Cup. Skirata himself was concerned about the new bid; with non-host nations actually getting to host games for the World Cup, he could only think of the worse that could happen. Perhaps it was just the old warrior in him, always planning for the worse.

What happens if we host Gregoryisgodistani games?

What happens if we have to play in Gregoryisgodistan?

What were the Quebecois thinking when they came up with this bid?

The General Manager of Itakawai Lightning --- an impressive specimen of a man in Zhong Chí Jin --- sat at his desk, simply looking over various folders. Skirata had only been in the office a few minutes, but he could sense something was amiss.

"Excuse me sir," Skirata said as he cleared his throat. Zhong simply held up a single hand.

"Kad," Zhong's voice boomed in his spacious office, "We are waiting for two other people before we start this meeting."

"Yes, sir,"
Skirata spoke, leaning forward, only to be stopped by that same callous hand.

"Kad" Zhong sighed as he looked up from the folders. "For once, can you not treat a meeting as if you were storming a bastion and just relax. You are giving me chest pains."

Skirata leaned back, adjusting his suit as he checked his chronograph. It was 18:42, and he had no idea who else was coming to the meeting.

clank clank clank clank

Armour? Skirata thought, the very distinct sound of plates falling into place was coming down the hall.

click click click click

High heels? So a woman, and a clone... Skirata shifted his head slightly so as to re-position an ear towards the door.

As the door opened, Skirata was quick to stand, a perfect example of an old warrior who was used to standing at attention and being addressed by a superior at all times. The first through the door was a Captain within the Grand Army of the Republic, his armour bearing the dull blue and gray accents of the local garrison; the 15th Territorial Army. He bore only the standard sidearm of the Grand Army --- The FN Five-seveN --- which remained clipped in its holster. His helmet was on his back, hooked, but Skirata could easily make out his earpiece and knew that this officer was listening intently to.

The trooper looked to Skirata and gave a slight nod.

"Good evening, Captain," Skirata spoke, nodding slightly in return.

"Skirata, sir," the trooper took his seat next to the Head Coach, the armour plates all settling into place with various degress of clanks and clacks.

The next person to walk in was certainly no stranger to Skirata, as he recognised her scent the moment she stepped through the door way. The woman, a powerful being who knew she was superior, simply walked to the other empty chair and took her seat; imposing her regal stature upon lesser creatures, in her eyes.

"Madame Tie," Skirata bowed as he had yet to sit. "What a pleasure," he spoke, eyeing her as a mongoose eyes a viper.

"Kad, this should be a rather interesting conversation," Tie Lian-hua, Vice President of the World Cup of Hockey Federation spoke, placing her aPhone on the desk before her, the sounds of her nails brushing the hardwood surface almost as loud as the clone captain's armour plates.

"Will it be?"

"Yes Captain, for the Quebec host committee just announced the groups and venues which were selected."

"Oh,"
Skirata was a bit off-guard. "You must forgive me, Vice President, for I have been in..."

"Yes, Kad, I know where you have been,"
Tie cut off Skirata before picking up her aPhone. Skirata was a bit surprised by the curtness of Tie, whose usual warmth and flirtation was all but absent here. "Regardless, we need to discuss this matter immediately and decide what actions we shall take."

"Obviously,"
Skirata took his seat off to the side of the General Manager's desk, "Who we got in the group draw is of little concern."

"Sir,"
the Captain spoke as he took an aPad from his side and handed it to the Coach, "Yuudai of the 15th Territorial Army. It is who will be playing here."

"So Sundari won a host venue spot?"
Zhong spoke as he reached for his own 'Pad.

"Yes," Tie smiled briefly before turning her eyes back to Skirata. "You can see that not only did Sundari get the rights to host all seven matchdays of two different groups, but we also were awarded the second series of the Quarterfinals. We were awarded Group E and Group D."

"And which nations are in those groups?"

Tie cleared her throat before looking down to her 'Pad. "In Group E, we have the Equestrian States, Neu Engollon, and Semarland to name the most mentionables."

"Equestrian? Well, our ponyist citizens will certainly enjoy those games. And Neu Engollon? Well, looks like Qing An gets to return home for his multiverse debut,"
Skirata smiled, thinking of his former protege coming to his own right as a National Head Coach. "And what of Group D?"

"Estope, San Jose Guayabal, Yttribia..."
Tie said without even a hint of emotion. Then she took a slight breath, which Skirata knew was never a good sign.

"I feel as though, Madame Tie, you are withhold a rather controversial nation,"[/b] Zhong leaned forward on his desk.

"The other nation... is Gregoryisgodistan."

All three men in the room were simply speechless at the mention of that team name. It was an unspeakable nation to even mention in plesant company, let alone talk about its players visiting Gyatso-kai.

"Obviously," spoke Yuudai as he leaned slightly forward, "His Holiness has already begun re-positioning the 15th Territorial and transferring assets into the area."

"Assets?"
asked Zhong.

"Yes, sir, assets. The necessary equipment to protect our people from these barbarians."

"Now now, Madame,"
Zhong was a bit more passionate now, his hands moving in a manner that suggested his excitment. "We are not turning the Forum into a citadel."

"Actually, Chí"
Tie handed a small black folder to the manager, "We are. We cannot have even a hint of their trademark violence in our arena."

"A hint? What do you plan on doing?"
Skirata asked.

"The Avatar has granted the 15th Territorial quite a bite of freedom in their handling of the Gregori team..."

"Freedom?"

"Quite simply sir,"
Yuudai smiled slightly as he sat up and turned to Zhong, "If their players even so much as sneeze the wrong way, they will not be long in this world."

"You don't mean..."

"We will have one thousand of the Grand Army's finest brought in to handle their players and fans. The plan as of now, should their first three matches go the way they have the last two years,"
Yuudai said as he looked down to his 'Pad. "Two have the first three rows of the Forum above the ice filled with various members of the GAR and the Republic Armed Police, each armed to handle an invasion from the stands."

"As well as the in the forum protection, the screening of all fans entering the Forum will be vamped up, so that nothing can potentially enter the arena that is a danger to the fans. Most civilised nations will understand the extra precautions involving these savages... and those that don't..."
Tie laughed slightly, "Have no right coming to our nation."

"Why not just ban Gregoryisgodistan from coming to our nation all together?"

"The Avatar wishes to be seen as attempting to co-exist with such insane people,"
Tie sighed. "So banning them would not have done well in that regards."

"Have we attemped to speak with their... leader?"
Skirata inquired.

"Would it do any good?" Tie asked, turning herself towards Skirata.

"No," he answered honestly, "But there must be some other way..."

Tie sighed again as she leaned forward ever-so-slightly.

"If they behave themselves... We won't have to kill too many of them."

Greg, I'd love to work with you in regards to these games. IC'ly, this is a perfect response to how my nation has acted towards your behaviour in the WCoH.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:22 am

Kazirstan defeats Seventeen Syllables 2-1
Kazirstan narrowly defeats unranked Seventeen Syllables in first game of WCoH XXVI
KCNA News | Posted: Feb 03, 2015

TUROKI CITY - The Kazirstani National Hockey Team has opened the 26th edition of the World Cup of Hockey in good form, with a 2-1 victory over the unranked Seventeen Syllables.

The Kazirstani team wasted no time, and a mere 43 seconds after the puck was dropped, it was in the back of the Haijin net. Viktoriya Aqtovosk, a rookie to the WCoH, scored Kazirstan's first goal of the tournament. She was assisted by her linemates Fedor Dallman and Diyorjan Markov. To many, it seemed that this would be a blowout in Kazirstan's favour, but Seventeen Syllables would have none of that.

The remainder of the first period remained scoreless, and it wouldn't be until 12 minutes and 14 seconds into the second period that Seventeen Syllables responded with a goal of their own. Second-liner Katsuro Kojima scored Seventeen Syllables' first goal of the tournament. Kojima was able to bang in the puck during a scramble in front of the Kazirstani net, tieing up the game at 1-1. An obviously frustrated Artem Khasanov picked a fight with Haijin first-liner Norio Takeda. Khasanov came out on top, barely. Both players had to be treated in the penalty boxes by their respective medical staff. Khasanov received a two minute minor penalty for fight instigation on top of his five minutes for fighting. The remainder of the second period passed without incident.

9 minutes and 39 seconds into the third period, Kazirstan scored their second goal of the game, bringing the score to 2-1. Assistant captain and defenceman Shahzodbek Nurmatov scored the goal with a hard slapshot from the blue line, just getting past a screened Nanami Miura. After the second Kazirstani goal, Seventeen Syllables fought harder than ever. Kazirstan killed off a tough Haijin powerplay after Alexander Yuldashov took a questionable slashing penalty. In the final minutes of the game, Miura, the Haijin goaltender, was pulled and an extra attacker entered the play. It would not be enough however, and Kazirstan held on and prevailed in the end.

When asked about Kazirstan's performance during the game, head coach Evgenia Petrovna responded, "Our team played well, but we'll have to step up our game if we hope to get far in this tournament. Seventeen Syllables is unranked, and we only beat them 2-1, we can't expect to beat Torisakia or Valanora if we only play as good as we did tonight."

More From KCNA News:
- Kazirstani economy recovering slowly after economic downturn.
- Progressive-Conservatives and SA's in opposition to new 'lax' immigration laws.
- Kazirstan facing international outrage after illegal sales of chemical weapons.

2,123 Comments

© Kazirstani Central News Agency, 2015. All rights reserved.
E-mail this article | @ Share this article
Last edited by Kazirstan on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports