NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey XXVI (Signup Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:57 pm

In?
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Transalpine Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transalpine Republic » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:11 pm

We're in, if possible.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:36 pm

World Cup of Hockey XXVI Bid: Royal Kingdom of Québec

OOC Information

When it comes to hosting, Royal Kingdom of Québec is no stranger. Royal Kingdom of Québec has hosted or co-hosted the Baptism of Iron XIV and XV, World Junior Hockey Championships VI and VIII, World Bowl XXIV, World Cup of Hockey XXV and Baptism of Fire LVII. He also is in charge of Royal Alexandre Hockey Invitationals. The user behind the nation is currently the President for the World Cup of Hockey Federation and a longtime member in many sporting committees, as well as formerly organising the NSCAA Ice Hockey Competitions. He also has hosted many seasons of domestic hockey and football leagues.

IC Information

Located in Northern AO, Royal Kingdom of Québec is a nation known for its environment, rich cultural diversity and claims one of its region's most educated and cultured population. Led by His Imperial Majesty the Jacques IX, the country is a semi-constitutional monarchy, with both the royalty and the democracy playing a huge role in Quebecois politics. With a high HDI rating and affluent economy, Royal Kingdom of Québec is an advanced nation with long years of peace and stability within the nation, while still allowing for societal and economic progress over the course of its history. With a beautiful environment, advanced economy, state-of-art infrastructure and love of football, Royal Kingdom of Québec is your place to go for your once-in-a-lifetime voyage that welcomes every traveler with smile and cheer.

Being located far northwest of AO, hockey is an extremely popular sport here, being played in almost every part of and by almost everyone in the country. Quebec Hockey League currently is the most international and financially successful of all the hockey leagues on Multiverse. Its Junior levels of hockey are extremely well followed, with many QMJHL(OOC: IC equivalent of CHL in Canada) teams regularly recording +10,000 people in attendance for games. More IC information is available via TG upon signee's discretion.

Scorination

Scorination will be done in the latest version of xkoranate on the ice hockey function, using the modifiers that Saintland has created. Style Modifiers will be from -5 to +5. RP scale will not be revealed, but for sure the bonuses will be generous for those who RP well. The criteria for judging them is based mainly and creativity and how well written they are. RP bonus will serve as a significant factor in the scorination. They will be cumulative. Rosters will also be graded and shall be equivalent to a matchday.
There might also be bonus RP opportunities (that you can ignore if you want) next to some of the scorinated matches, which many of you have already experienced through most competitions that Quebec has hosted.

Cutoff and Timeframe

If I'll be chosen as the host, the everything thread will be up as soon as possible, based on my availability. Based on the timeframe that we have set for the time being, the most likely date for MD1 scorination will be 2nd of February. Groups will be drawn 3 days prior to the MD1 scorination, so at the 30th of January. Exact cutoff time range for scorination will be released at the much later date, though it is very likely that the cutoff window will be around 18:30-21:30. If there's a need for any expected scorination changes by the host, the host concerned will announce it at least 12 hours before the intended scorination time.

Format

When it comes to format, I also believe that the most ideal format would involve a multiple of 8 nations. At this point, we have 55 signups, so unless there's a sudden influx of signups or withdraws from the competition the most likely numbers for the format would be in 56 or 60 teams. However, it should also be noted that there are many puppet nations in the competition as well.

So, if elected, we'll cutoff the signup at 56, with flexibility available in case of more signups (preferably 60 in that instance). These teams then, using pots, will be divided into 8 groups of 7 each. It would be a single round robin format, but won't be playing either home-and-away or all in Quebec(see the very next part). Top 2 teams per group will advance into the playoffs after qualifying stage, where then they'll be seeded using NHL, pre-2014 seedings. Playoff-wise NCAA bracket will be used, with re-seeding. The tournament will use NHL ice dimensions and fight rules.

Site Bids

Hockey is an awesome sport, and we all know it. Gone were the days when WCoH was played by less than 48 nations and now, nations of varying climates, backgrounds and experiences have taken over since then. The sport's globalised to such an extent where hosting it should involve more than a nation, with the goal of unifying the nations through ice, sticks and heart in a multiversial celebration. Therefore, I have decided to use a system of site bidding, similar to the one used by Valladares for this Copa Rushmori.

If this bid is successful, the Hockey Quebec (i.e. me) will open a nomination process for nations to send in potential venues in their nations to host World Cup of Hockey matches from Group Stage to Quarterfinals.
Each participating nation will be able to submit up to four arenas for consideration. A total of 24 venues will be selected based on information of the amenities, regional accessibility, and other criteria (and this process will obviously give RP bonus in exchange, with the best RPed venues being eventually selected). When it comes to playoff series, a host venue will be selected for the whole duration of series between 2 nations.

As you may have noticed already, this did not apply to series past quarterfinals. This is because venues may not be nominated for the semifinal, third-place, and final series of the tournament, since those stages shall be played in Maple Leaf Gardens, Frontenac(Semifinal series #1, Third-place series) and Montreal Forum, Montreal(Semifinal series #2, Final series).

Tiebreakers

The tiebreakers work according to this order:
-Overall Goal Differential
-H2H Goal Differential
-Overall Goals For
-H2H Goals For

Questions

If you have any questions about this bid, please post it on WCoH Discussion Thread. Go ahead and ask any, I'll try to answer ASAP.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Provisional signup.

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:49 pm

I'd like to participate, if I still can.

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:01 pm

I'll sign up again.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:04 pm

In.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Quebec - how do you plan on starting the tournament on the 26th when bidding doesn't close until the 20th? Even if we only have three days to vote, which is an absolute minimum IMO, that means it would close on the 23rd, the everything thread and groups would have to go up right way, and we would only have three days to post our rosters and pre-MD1 RPs. That's too short IMO.

Edit: With Quebec bidding, Gyatso-Kai would be in charge of collecting the votes, but he hasn't been active for 7 days. This gives me concerns about his ability to collect the votes and post the results in a timely enough matter for what Quebec proposes to even be possible. On a related note, although there is a Constitutional provision for what happens if the President is inactive and something needs to be done, there is no provision for what to do if the VP is inactive and the President needs to devolve some task to him, such as collecting host votes when the President is bidding. I would propose adding such a provision, precisely due to the present situation. I'm not quite sure how to best do that, but this is something we need to figure out.

On a related note, what were the results of the proposed amendment vote? You never posted them.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:*snip*

Greg re-posted this to the discussion thread and as be points out should be covered there - I've added to it here
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:13 pm

So is this still going on?
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Quebec - how do you plan on starting the tournament on the 26th when bidding doesn't close until the 20th? Even if we only have three days to vote, which is an absolute minimum IMO, that means it would close on the 23rd, the everything thread and groups would have to go up right way, and we would only have three days to post our rosters and pre-MD1 RPs. That's too short IMO

Fixed it.
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Cutoff and Timeframe

If I'll be chosen as the host, the everything thread will be up as soon as possible, based on my availability. Based on the timeframe that we have set for the time being, the most likely date for MD1 scorination will be 2nd of February. Groups will be drawn 3 days prior to the MD1 scorination, so at the 30th of January. Exact cutoff time range for scorination will be released at the much later date, though it is very likely that the cutoff window will be around 18:30-21:30. If there's a need for any expected scorination changes by the host, the host concerned will announce it at least 12 hours before the intended scorination time.

Arkiasis wrote:So is this still going on?

Yes, with the host bid votes due in about 4 and a half hours.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:45 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:-snip-

Are all applications up until now accepted?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Kazirstan wrote:

Yes.

Happy 420 Friends!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Kazirstan wrote:

I should point out that both bidding nations have indicated they may cut puppets to make the numbers work, but since this is your main nation, you're fine.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:01 pm

And the host is...
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:15 pm

The Official Results for the Host of World Cup of Hockey XXVI is:

Quebec: 3
Gregoryisgodistan: 2
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm in if there's still room.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks to all for voting me as your host of the WCoH 26!

With the number of nations signed up reaching 60, I am going to close the signup thread now. With the numbers being not as desirable to work with as 56 nations, I am going to cut last 4 puppets in signup list. With that in place, I'll go ahead with what's already said in the bid post....

Expect the Everything Thread to be up in about 10 minutes.

Happy 420 Friends!

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:34 pm

I see 61 people signed up in the RP thread?
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:47 pm

The Sword Bloke wrote:I see 61 people signed up in the RP thread?

Look at the list carefully, for there's a number missing. It was formerly occupied by Britonisea before he withdrew from the competition.

Meanwhile, here's your Everything Thread for this edition. Don't forget to post your roster, RPs and a venue bid post!

-Queb|NHV-
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports