NATION

PASSWORD

2015 Astyrian Series - ATP Tennis - Everything thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Singles - Round of 16
Section 1
(1) Elaine Foyner (CEN) 6 4 6
(LL) Esperanza Cho (TAI) 3 6 1

(Q) Kenya Michaels (EUR) 3 3
(8) Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 6

Section 2
(4) Kika Dovan (CEN) 6 5 6
(Q) Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 1 7 4

(12) John Galt (TAI) 6 6
(5) Ricardo Toli (BRI) 2 3

Section 3
(3) Aline Luiza Romao (CDO) 6 6
(14) Mia Cassington (ETM) 3 4

(Q) Ione Denzil (GLX) 3 5
(6) Amancio Raimundo Belo (CDO) 6 7

Section 4
(2) Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 4 6
(Q) Ashley Tyler (WMZ) 3 6 3

(10) Botack Andiam (CEN) 1 3
(7) Andre Pedrinho Delgado (CDO) 6 6

Doubles - Round of 16'
Top Half
(1) Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 6 6
(Q) Yuri Leorev/Andrei Kormakov (ETA) 1 2

(Q) Yuri Pokmov/Filipp Pokmov (ETA) 6 6
Aline Luiza Romao/Andre Pedrinho Delgado (CDO) 3 4

(5) Coosal Darlcheri/Gyrachor Rentos (CEN) 6 3 6
(Q) Aurelio Alves/Marcelo de Santigo (CDO) 2 6 1

(Q) Fradina Johnson/Isabella Lopez (USD) 3 5
(Q) Ray Thomas/Hayley Van Pelt (TAI) 6 7

Bottom Half
(2) Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 4 6
Bryce Lord/Kelly Cicero (TAI) 3 6 2

(Q) Komang Antari/Kadek Adreawati (PCU) 4 5
(7) Yelena Kazakova/Louis Rich (TAI) 6 7

(6) Hardy Arthur/Marcy Akerman (GLX) 6 6 6
Ellela Thotan/Ciache Nagya (CEN) 4 7 8

(Q) Russell Knox/Lupe Gomex (TAI) 1 7 4
(3) Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 6 6 6

EDIT: Forgot to add in Britonisea's RP bonus, so his matches have been rescorinated.
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Andromeda News Network
The Sports Hour
Antillia Masters Coverage
Monday evening

Much of the last half hour of tonight’s show is devoted to Antillia Masters Coverage. In this segment, Lucius Webb will talk to Yelena Kazakova and Louis Rich.

“Welcome back to the Sports Hour. I’m Lucius Webb here at the Antillia Tennis Club talking Turkey with Louis Rich and Yelena Kazakova about the doubles tournament.”

“Talking Turkey?” Louis Rich laughs. “I should have seen that one coming.”

Anyway, you two advanced to the Round of 16. You’ll face Elia and Fia Xal of Ceni tomorrow. They won a hard match against Bryce Lord and Kelly Cicero.

“Yes, we’ll be talking to Bryce and Kelly about what they did yesterday,” Kazakova says. “They gave them a good match.”

“There were some chinks in the Xal sisters’ armor that Bryce and Kelly exposed. We plan to use whatever intel they have for us.”

And what about Russ Knox and Lupe Gomez?

“That was a real heartbreaker,” Rich says. “We were there. That next-to-last game in the last set lasted a good 15 minutes.

“At least 20,” Kazakova adds.

“And if they would have broke back, they could have extended that match, but Garry and Quehall held on.”

“And the whole thing with Ray Thomas and Hayley Van Pelt… getting to the finals in Paradise City and then having to go through qualification, what’s up with that?

“I’m not sure about that, Lucius, but Ray and Hayley have taken what they’ve been given and done well with it so far.”

“They now face Coosal Darlcheri and Gyrachor Rentos tomorrow in a rematch of the Paradise City Final.”

“They’ve done real well, Lucius,” Kazakova says. “Ray and Hayley are young, but they’re tough to beat.

“One last question,” Webb asks. “Dave and I were debating this. Ray Thomas and Hayley Van Pelt seem really close. Are they cousins?”

“I’m not sure,” Rich says.

“It wouldn’t surprise me,” Kazakova says. “I’ll have to ask.”

“With Yelena Kazakova and Louis Rich, I’m Lucius Webb. In our next segment, we’ll find out if Esperanza Cho is still in the hunt. Stay with us.

----------

Dave Bishop starts the next segment with highlights from Esperanza Cho and John Galt earlier today.

“Welcome back. In the singles bracket, John Galt faced #5 Ricardo Toli from Britonisea. The first set went to Galt 6-2, but the second was a little more contentious. Galt was up 2-0, breaking Toli in the 2nd game. Toli came back in the next game, breaking Galt’s serve. The two held serve for the next four games before Galt broke Toli in the 8th game. Galt won 6-3 in 2.”

“Sports fans from all over the Andromeda Archipelago cheered on Esperanza Cho, who advanced through a gruelling qualifying schedule and the first two rounds to face top seeded Elaine Foyner. Foyner got an early lead in the first set, winning 6-3, but Cho came back and broke Foyner early in the second. She held on to win the second 6-4. But Foyner got the best of Esperanza Cho, who’s miracle run ended. Foyner won 6-1 in the 3rd. We talked briefly with Miss Cho after the match.”

“If it weren’t for all the help I got from Erin and Britt, I wouldn't have gotten this far. Just the chance that I got to play Elaine Foyner, I couldn’t have done it without their support.”

----------

Dave Bishop begins the next segment.

“With all of the focus in recent days on Esperanza Cho’s unlikely advancement to the Round of 16, John Galt has advanced through the Antillia Masters almost unnoticed by tennis experts. So, the world wants to know: Who is John Galt?”

The mini bio starts.

“John Galt was born in Olympia just before the Allied States was founded 30 years ago. Galt began playing tennis at a time when Andromedan courts were predominately clay.”

“Back then, most tennis players came from relatively privileged backgrounds,” Galt says. “It was nothing like it is now.”

“Galt was a tennis prodigy. He was a high school state champion for three straight years before turning pro.”

“There had been some adventures into international tennis by Amdromedans before, but this time, we’re really making an impact. Much of the popularity in tennis among the younger generation is a by-product of government intervention. My father, who’s a Conservative member of the national legislature, doesn’t like to hear this, but it’s true.”

“In the past 15 years, the national government made education compulsory up to the first year of high school. They also put a heavy emphasis on Physical Education.”

“It’s hard to believe, but 20 years ago, a person could be considered ‘educated’ if they attended high school.”

“So you credit the Sarah Vale government with making tennis into a national obsession?”

“I wouldn’t put it that way, but yes.”

“Throughout his tennis career, Galt had maintained a distance from the national press, but now, he’s more open to changes.”

“Si Yuan, my wife, reminds me all the time that I won’t be able to play tennis forever. My dad also reminds me of this whenever we talk. I haven’t always been open about my personal life, but now that I’ve finally settled down, my life is an open book.”

---------

“John Galt has represented his family and Olympia well. Now, he carries the hope of a nation. Dave Bishop, Andromeda News Network!”
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Well, looks like we're out of this one. Now, to begin RP prep for the next tournament.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Thousands of men meet on the battlefield,
Some fated to live,
Some fated to die,
Some fated to breath another day,
Some fated to make this day their last.

It is a clash, a mighty clash,
A clash of more than armies, more than men,
A clash of ideologies, words, predictions for the future.
One must win, one must lose.

Like a bag of popcorn,
One cannon went off,
Then another,
A whole chorus of cannon,
All going off at the same time.

Then the charge comes,
Fierce and brave,
With those noble men
Wanting to live
Willing to die

Blood drips from the grass, from the trees, from the bodies
Which lie upon the Earth, thousands upon thousands,
All life sapped by the shadow of Death,
Whose mark is a sure sign of end.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Cutoff.

Singles - Quarterfinals
Section 1
(1) Elaine Foyner (CEN) 6 6
(8) Lonus Varalin (CEN) 3 3

Section 2
(4) Kika Dovan (CEN) 5 6 6
(12) John Galt (TAI) 7 1 4

Section 3
(3) Aline Luiza Romao (CDO) 6 7
(6) Amancio Raimundo Belo (CDO) 3 5

Section 4
(2) Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 6
(7) Andre Pedrinho Delgado (CDO) 2 2

Doubles - Quarterfinals
Top Half
(Q) Yuri Pokmov/Filipp Pokmov (ETA) 3 2

(5) Coosal Darlcheri/Gyrachor Rentos (CEN) 6 6
(Q) Ray Thomas/Hayley Van Pelt (TAI) 2 2

Bottom Half
(7) Yelena Kazakova/Louis Rich (TAI) 2 6 2

Ellela Thotan/Ciache Nagya (CEN) 1 1
(3) Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:22 am

Antillia Tennis Club
Antillia, Costa de Ouro
Thursday morning
11:30 am

Erin Trent and Esperanza Cho take a mid-day stroll around the tennis complex. They and the other Andromedan tennis players will return to the Allied States tomorrow. Their flight will leave in about 24 hours.

Trent failed to qualify for the Antillia Draw, while Esperanza Cho overcame much of her insecurities here in Antillia. Cho and Trent have become good friends.

“Erin, what did you thing of the conversation this morning?”

“I’ve been trying not to.”

“But what Riley was saying makes sense. He basically says that the deck is stacked against us.”

“In a sense, he’s right.”

Esperanza is surprised. Erin was very quiet during breakfast.

“There are certain players who are at the top. They are expected to win. They’re at the top of the mountain. The rest of us aren’t.”

“But look at the people left in the singles tournament. Three out of four are from Ceni. And two of the four best doubles teams are Cenites.”

“They’ve been playing at this level much longer than we have. And many of them… that’s all they do is play tennis.”

“What makes us so different from them?”

“Here’s the difference: Most of us are either attending college or have degrees. Did you know Britt Mack is a junior? She turns 19 next month and she’s a junior.”

“That’s not so uncommon. I’ll be 17 when I graduate from high school.”

“Oh, really? Where are you going to college?”

“I’m not sure.”

“I’m thinking of transferring this summer,” Trent admits. “The University of Portsmouth is okay, but Joppa or Todd’s Cove is better.”

“Todd’s Cove?” Esperanza Cho is surprised.

“Russ Knox and Lupe Gomez go there. Also, you know Jack Russell?”

“Knox’s cousin?”

“Yeah. He’s pretty good too. I figure it’ll be easier for a bunch of pro tennis players studying in college to be at the same place. Don’t knock Todd’s Cove. It’s a newer college, but it ain’t so bad.”

The two walk toward the Tennis Club.

“You really want to eat at the tennis club.”

“Erin, I’m not in training now.”

“Hot dogs,” they both say.

----------

The two had some chilli dogs and watched a match before walking back to their hotel. Esperanza wonders about Riley Escobar.

“Did Riley go to college?”

“No, but he was in the Andromeda Navy for a long time.”

“And John Galt?”

“I’m not sure. He is pretty smart though.”

“It’ll sure be nice to be back home.”

“Yeah. Tennis is cool, but it’s best to be well rounded.”

There is an awkward silence between Trent and Cho.

“What are you doing in a couple of weeks?

“You know, my aunt home schools me now.”

“You mean Alicia Cho? She’s your aunt, right?”

“The same.”

“I always wanted to meet her.”

“Well, she’s going to be covering the Winter Classic in Todd’s Cove. The best tennis players from there will join us…”

“Yeah, I know all that. Jack Russell and his girlfriend are in the doubles tournament. I’m going up that weekend to cheer them on.”

“And that really big woman, she’s the heavy favourite to win the singles.”

“You mean Kate Logan. I played her in St. Paul. Playing her is like playing a man. I was surprised she didn’t qualify for this tournament.”

“Well, she would have if you didn’t beat her.”

“So, you can introduce me to your Aunt?”

“And you help me bump into Kate Logan?”

“Deal!”

Erin Trent and Esperanza Cho arrived in Antillia as compatriots. They will return to the Andromeda Islands as friends.
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 pm

"John Galt." Denver Coir said.

"Aline Luiza Romao." Ardil Navsal retorted.

"You've beat her."

"I've beaten Galt, too. Like, yesterday."

"Nice job. Now you have Aline Luiza Romao."

"Question is, will she be harder than Galt?"

"She's playing on home clay, but you've beaten here before. At King Pedro."

"So did Al Montis de Surmar, back when he was still playing. That was more than a year ago, the first Antillia Masters. Oh, nostalgia."

"Question is -"

"What did I say about questions?" Navsal interrupts."

"- can you win this tournament?" Coir continues, ignoring Navsal's interruption.

"Probably over Elaine's dead body. Do you think she's too old?"

"At 34? No."

"Well, I think she's gotten old enough that I can beat her."

"You did beat her in Antillia, in the second round, last year. Can you beat her again, though?"

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT QUESTIONS?!" Navsal explodes. "Of course I can beat her again!"

"She's like a mother to you. Remember, you're only 22. You have a lot of years left in you. I wonder if the new generation of tennis players will be asking the same questions about you in a couple of years."

"Well, we can worry about that in a couple of years. Right now we need to focus on today's match against Romao. What can I do?"

"She's a baseliner. That means you need to try and go for winners on the volley. Just don't hit it out."

"Thanks," Navsal said, with more than a dollop of sarcasm. "Don't hit it out applies to all players, even the last-place qualifier."

Navsal continues. "But I will try to be a little bit better at the net. Some tough net points cost me the first set against Galt."

"You bet they did. Go for the winner. Don't just try to get it in play."

"Can do. Hopefully."

"Oh, by the way, how did Elia do yesterday?"

"Well, it took her three sets, but she did end up beating Kazakova and Rich."

"Man, those Andromedans, really working up their way on the rankings."

"Definitely, Denver. Elia and Fia are definitely hoping that Coosal and Gyrachor will win, or at least take a set off Rosa and Sonya."

"Elia and Fia have a lot of ground to make up, don't they?"

"They tell me that they are hoping that they can make up a lot of the ground at the Grand Slams. If Rosa and Sonya lose early at a Grand Slam, they lose a lot of points."

"Well, good luck to them. Maybe your dating with Elia will help strengthen both her and you."

"Or distract us."

"Well, we'll see about that."
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Cutoff.

Singles - Semifinals
(1) Elaine Foyner (CEN)         6   4   6
(4) Kika Dovan (CEN) 2 6 1

(3) Aline Luiza Romao (CDO) 1 4
(2) Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 6

Doubles - Semifinals
Top Half
(5) Coosal Darlcheri/Gyrachor Rentos (CEN) 0 1

Bottom Half
(3) Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 2 6 3
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:03 pm

"Well, congratulations, Ardil, you beat Aline again."

"Thank you very much, Denver. You know I love it when you congratulate me," Ardil Navsal teased.

"Well, I like doing it. You know I like it when you win."

"Yes, and I like it when I win, too."

"How much money have you earned so far in this tournament?"

"Well, ask the finance guy. As you can see, I'm not him."

Denver takes his iPad out. "Well, according to this, the finalist should have $900,000 in prize money."

"The winner?"

"One million, five hundred thousand."

"Not as much as winning the Cenian Open, eh?"

"The Cenian Open was $2.75 million. I have to say it, Ardil, you are a rich man."

"Well, I don't do tennis for the money. I do it for fun."

"And for the money?"

"Maybe... And also for the pride."

"How so?"

"The pride that I get when I win tournaments."

"Ah, that kind of pride. So, how's Elia coming?"

"She has to play with Fia against Sonya and Rosa. I had hoped - we had hoped - that they wouldn't have had to play them."

"A bummer."

"More of a bummer - Coosal and Gyrachor only won one game, total. It was a blowout."

"You don't say."

"And even worse, Garry and Quehall took Elia and Fia to three. Which means they're more tired."

"Well, it would be awful for Sonya and Rosa to win the tournament without losing a set."

"Like they did in the Cenian Open."

"Yeah."

"Well, maybe you can have dinner with her before you both play."

"The big Costeño dinner-at-lunch-time, or a lunch?"

"Either."

"I'll think we should stick with just a couple of sandwiches or a salad."

"Whatever suits you."

"If it doesn't suit me, I don't think I'd do it."

"Good luck today."

"About what? The date, or the match?"

"Both."

"Thanks, Denver. I think I'll need it for both. I think Elia and Fia will need it, too. They have an uphill battle."

"No they don't; the courts here are flat. Who would play on a sloped court?"

"Not THAT, Denver. Sometimes I think you take things too literally."

"What if I do that on purpose?"

"Then you would get on my nerves."

"Well, then I'll just slink out of here and let you go have lunch with Elia. Deal?"

"Deal."

"Alright, then I'll go have fun!"

"Adios!"
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm

This is your cutoff for the final. Who will win? Who will lose? We find out soon.
EDIT: if soon means within 24 hours, then the above is true. Apologies for the delay today; my mom decided that I right after I cut off it would be a good time to talk about my course selection

Singles - Final
(1) Elaine Foyner (CEN)   6  6
(2) Ardil Navsal (CEN) 2 2

Doubles - Final
(1) Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinski (ETM)     6   6   6
(2) Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 4 7 8
Scorinated by Red Blackiland
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

(OOC: This is related to the World Bowl RP I just posted.)

SCENE: December 2009, Safecea Stadium, Safecea, Calacea; 2009 Walamzia Pop Warner Championship Game
Calacea Courier
Saints Cruise Past Rams to Lift Championship

The Calacea Saints, led by Mark Edgar and Ashley Tyler, defeated the Rottington Rams 45-3 in the championship game, lifting Calacea's 10th trophy in a row. Edgar and Tyler combined for over 400 passing yards and 5 TDs, with the most memorable coming from a 35-yd pass to Ashley as he caught it with one hand in full stride, then springing down the sideline for his 2nd receiving TD of the game. Both have received offers to play for the Calacea Colts of the WFL Juniors next season.

After the game:

The two teams meet at the 50-yard line to shake hands. After the handshaking, then-Ram Lionel Patterson taunts the Saints' QB and WR.

LP: Hey, if it weren't for you two, we'd have a chance.
ME: Oh, please, look at the scoreboard, chump!
LP: Is that why I saw you two touching each other in the bathroom pregame? Is that your little ritual?
AT: Back off!
LP: Did I hurt your feelings? Mark and Ashley, sitting in a tree...
Entire Rams team: K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the--
Lionel feels a burning sensation a the top of his head. His hair is turning bright green. His teammates laugh, and all of them are too embarrassed to continue. They go away privately, unsure of what just happened. While the team was cheering, Marcus Tomlinson is speaking with his son Nate.
MT: Put that away! You're not supposed to use magic in this world until you're 17!
NT: It's not fair! He's getting picked on.
MT: They wouldn't see it that way.
Marcus then casts the color-changing charm to produce the green hair. He then goes to speak to Bob Tyler about a job.
MT: You in, Bob? Pay's great here.
BT: Marcus, my son plays football, and he needs to be here.
MT: $60,000 starting
BT: I'll take it!
MT: Welcome to the Rottington Fire Department! We'll see you in January.
BT: Look forward to it! [To Ashley] Ash, time to go!
Nate and Ashley lock eyes for a brief moment before both are whisked away from the field.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:05 pm

Cadenzan Clay Trophy - Qualification - Singles Draw

Group 1
David Ortiz (USD)
Marcus Clearglass (BLC)
Oka Sulastra (PCU)
Fred Smithers (WMZ)

Group 2
Astrid Cambar (HAL)
Harald Bager (VER)
Dominic Ripaldi (NEG)
Gaspar Delgado (TUP)

Group 3
Joan Levitt (ETM)
Andy Amada (CEN)
Maximiliano Magalhães (TUP)
Gerdur Ivath (HAL)

Group 4
Viktoria Arthursson (VER)
Indah Susanti (PCU)
Mattias Doerwald (NEG)
Olivia Greenbridge (BLC)

Group 5
Master Larry (BRI)
Fredrik Grahn (VER)
Titus Gildedhall (BLC)
Hélder Ventura (TUP)

Group 6
Luh Putu Yundari (PCU)
Alvon Quiken (BRI)
Jing Hong Yang (UKQ)
Alma Semmes (NEG)

Group 7
Dayde Aberton (BRI)
Greg O'Malley (WMZ)
Emma Rehnquistianson (UKQ)
Marla Gerard (NEG)

Group 8
Jason Gordon (BRI)
Decimus Whitewood (BLC)
Joric Novikov (HAL)
Yvonne Bergman (VER)

The main draw can be found here.

Doubles will be posted before the scorination tomorrow in a new post.

EDIT: Thought I had posted a group draw without any double-countries, but apparently I hadn't. Should be fixed now.
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:32 pm

O'Malley Looks for Redemption

Greg O'Malley looks to bounce back from the Antillia Masters in the Cadenza Clay Trophy, the first tournament on his preferred surface. Greg was seen lounging about in Cadenza recently, soaking up the rays and practicing on the particular clay that the court is made of. Here is the group stage draw:

Group 1
David Ortiz (USD)
Marcus Clearglass (BLC)
Oka Sulastra (PCU)
Fred Smithers

Group 2
Astrid Cambar (HAL)
Harald Bager (VER)
Dominic Ripaldi (NEG)
Gaspar Delgado (TUP)

Group 3
Joan Levitt (ETM)
Andy Amada (CEN)
Gerdur Ivath (HAL)

Group 4
Indah Susanti (PCU)
Mattias Doerwald (NEG)
Yvonne Bergman (VER)

Group 5
Master Larry (BRI)
Fredrik Grahn (VER)
Titus Gildedhall (BLC)
Hélder Ventura (TUP)

Group 6
Luh Putu Yundari (PCU)
Alvon Quiken (BRI)
Jing Hong Yang (UKQ)
Alma Semmes (NEG)

Group 7
Dayde Aberton (BRI)
Greg O'Malley
Marla Gerard (NEG)

Group 8
Jason Gordon (BRI)
Decimus Whitewood (BLC)
Joric Novikov (HAL)
Olivia Greenbridge (BLC)

Here are the Walamzians in the main draw: (Numbers correspond to seeds in the link)
(17) Ashley Tyler v (16) Carmichael Brown (ETM) - winner plays (1) Kika Dovan (CEN)
(22) Nate Tomlinson v (11) Joanna Cosby (USD) - winner plays winner of (6) Jomer Vales (CEN) v (27) Sven Anders (HAL)

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:23 pm

Scene: home in Rottington

Nate Tomlinson and Ashley Tyler watch the draw.

NT: I knew you could get to Round of 16! You're seeded higher than me this time.
AT: Well, we don't have any film on our opponents.
NT: We can take our time getting there. Round 1 won't happen until a few days anyway.
*Knock on the door*
NT: Expecting anyone?
AT: No one knows I'm here.
Voice: I can hear you. Let me in!
*Ashley Tyler opens the door. Upon opening the door, he sees someone unfamiliar.*
Guest: I have the wrong house?
AT: Who are you looking for?
Guest: Out of my way.
*The guest rudely pushes Ashley out of the way. And then...*
NT: Oh. My. God.
*Nate and the guest hug for what seems like forever. Ashley backs away awkwardly. After they back away from each other...*
AT: Guys...
NT: Oh. Ash, this is--
Guest: I can talk for myself. Name's Duncan Ferguson. Call me Dunc. I'm also known as the guy who makes sure the quaffle goes in before Nate catches the Snitch.
AT: What?
NT: Quidditch reference.
DF: Yeah... a reference o a U9s game when Nate caught the Snitch too early.
NT: I didn't know what the score was.
DF: We're boring your... cousin, is it?
NT: Strange, but true. Turns out my Aunt Berty married his grandfather.
DF: Ah... Well, you wanna get in on a pickup game?
NT: I haven't been on a broom in 10 years. Ash hasn't been on a broom ever. Besides, we got a tournament to prepare for.
DF: Oh, don't worry about it. I know when your matches start. I wouldn't harm your chances.
NT: Fine. Got any brooms?
DF: Got two extra. Ash, you're beating.
*Nate pushes Dunc to the side.*
NT: Dunc, he's never been on a broom in his life. What makes you think he'll be any good at beating?
DF: Chissy can't be here.
NT: OK. He needs time to--
DF: I know.
*All 3 apparate to the WAM (Walamzian Academy of Magic) Quidditch field.*

NT: Ash, ever play baseball?
AT: Yep.
NT: Hit it like a baseball away from your teammates. By the way, we're skins, so take your shirt off.
*3 hours later.*
NT: I think that's enough.
*All 10 get off their brooms.*
NT: Ash, the key is to--
HW: Hit the bludger away from your teammates. Dunc could've had a black eye because of you.
NT: oh, Mr. Weasley, I didn't--
HW: Ash, try these on.
*Harry hands Ashley a pair of Seeker gloves*
AT: They fit.
HW: OK. Playing Seeker is just like playing wide receiver in football... except the ball is much smaller. All you have to do is catch it.
*90 minutes later. Ashley has caught the Snitch.*
NT: Well, I'll be damned. Ash, you just made a meal out of that other guy. You sure you've never been on a broom?
AT: I guess athletics just comes natural to me.
NT: We gotta get going.
HW: Allow me. Gentlemen, please.
*Harry apparates the two of them into Cadenza.*
NT: Where's our stuff?
AT: I think we left them.
Hotel manager: Are you Nate Tomlinson and Ashley Tyler?
NT: Yes.
Manager: Some things were delivered for you. Welcome to Cadenza.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:30 am

----Projected Draw winners----

Group 1
David Ortiz (USD)
Marcus Clearglass (BLC)
Oka Sulastra (PCU)
Fred Smithers (WMZ)

Group 2
Astrid Cambar (HAL)
Harald Bager (VER)
Dominic Ripaldi (NEG)
Gaspar Delgado (TUP)

Group 3
Joan Levitt (ETM)
Andy Amada (CEN)
Gerdur Ivath (HAL)

Group 4
Indah Susanti (PCU)
Mattias Doerwald (NEG)
Yvonne Bergman (VER)

Group 5
Master Larry (BRI)
Fredrik Grahn (VER)
Titus Gildedhall (BLC)
Hélder Ventura (TUP)

Group 6
Luh Putu Yundari (PCU)
Alvon Quiken (BRI)
Jing Hong Yang (UKQ)
Alma Semmes (NEG)

Group 7
Dayde Aberton (BRI)
Greg O'Malley (WMZ)
Marla Gerard (NEG)

Group 8
Jason Gordon (BRI)
Decimus Whitewood (BLC)
Joric Novikov (HAL)
Olivia Greenbridge (BLC)
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Cadenzan Clay Trophy - Doubles Qualification

Group 1
Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU)
Dominic Ripaldi/Mattias Doerwald (NEG)
Glenn Filips/Ralof Tambars (HAL)
Thiago Machado/Timóteo Machado (TUP)

Group 2
Harald Bager/Jörgen Bergfalk (VER)
Lucretia "Crete" Talltree/Maria Redstone (BLC)
Abaeté Silva/Gustavo Costa (TUP)
Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU)

Group 3
Octavius Miller/Marius Steelhammer (BLC)
Yvonne Bergman/Otto Blomgren (VER)
Marla Gerard/Alma Semmes (NEG)
Marie Hynmington/Carolyn Skanekova (UKQ)

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:02 pm

OOC: Is there a link to the main draw? (doubles)
Last edited by Walamzia on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:16 pm

"You two lovers sitting in a tree! K-I-S -"

"Stop it Denver!"

"Stop what, Ardil?"

"Stop mocking me!"

"Well, you and Elia are getting together more often.

"No, we are not."

"Yes, you are too."

"No, we are not."

"Then what do you call the dinner you guys had at that fancy restaurant after the final?"

"We call that a celebration of her win over Sonya Gredello and Rosa Levinsky."

"I bet they are happy about that."

"So am I, Denver."

"Well, we have a break until Albergaria."

"You mean we have to practice until Albergaria."

"We'd be staying in Antillia." Denver tried to coax Ardil.

"Yeah, whatever, if I can swim in the pool."

"Elia might be willing to practice with you... She's playing in Albergaria, too."

"Well, that convinces me. We'll practice with Elia in Antillia."

"Cool. See you there."
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:19 pm

This is your first cutoff for the Cadenzan Clay Trophy.

Singles - Qualification Day 1
Group 1
David Ortiz (USD) 6 7 7
Fred Smithers (WMZ) 7 6 9

Marcus Clearglass (BLC) 4 7 6
Oka Sulastra (PCU) 6 6 3

Group 1 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Fred Smithers 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
Marcus Clearglass 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 David Ortiz 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
Oka Sulastra 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0

Group 2
Astrid Cambar (HAL) 5 5
Gaspar Delgado (TUP) 7 7

Harald Bager (VER) 5 6 6
Dominic Ripaldi (NEG) 7 1 2

Group 2 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Gaspar Delgado 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Harald Bager 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Dominic Ripaldi 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Astrid Cambar 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 3
Joan Levitt (ETM) 2 4
Gerdur Ivath (HAL) 6 6

Andy Amada (CEN) 6 6
Maximiliano Magalhães (TUP) 4 2

Group 3 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Andy Amada 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
Gerdur Ivath 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Joan Levitt 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Maximiliano Magalhães 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 4
Viktoria Arthursson (VER) 6 7
Olivia Greenbridge (BLC) 3 5

Indah Susanti (PCU) 0 6 0
Mattias Doerwald (NEG) 6 1 6

Group 4 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Viktoria Arthursson 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Mattias Doerwald 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Indah Susanti 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Olivia Greenbridge 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 5
Master Larry (BRI) 3 6 1
Hélder Ventura (TUP) 6 3 6

Fredrik Grahn (VER) 4 7 4
Titus Gildedhall (BLC) 6 6 6

Group 5 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Hélder Ventura 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
Titus Gildedhall 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Fredrik Grahn 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
Master Larry 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0

Group 6
Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 6 6
Alma Semmes (NEG) 3 1

Alvon Quiken (BRI) 6 2 6
Jing Hong Yang (UKQ) 4 6 3

Group 6 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Luh Putu Yundari 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Alvon Quiken 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Jing Hong Yang 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Alma Semmes 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 7
Dayde Aberton (BRI) 0 6 2
Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 2 6

Greg O'Malley (WMZ) 6 6
Emma Rehnquistianson (UKQ) 4 2

Group 7 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Greg O'Malley 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Marla Gerard 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Dayde Aberton 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Emma Rehnquistianson 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 8
Jason Gordon (BRI) 6 4 4
Yvonne Bergman (VER) 3 6 6

Decimus Whitewood (BLC) 6 6 6
Joric Novikov (HAL) 7 4 3

Group 8 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Decimus Whitewood 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
Yvonne Bergman 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Jason Gordon 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
Joric Novikov 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0

Doubles Qualification - Day 1
Group 1
Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 4 4
Thiago Machado/Timóteo Machado (TUP) 6 6

Dominic Ripaldi/Mattias Doerwald (NEG) 6 6
Glenn Filips/Ralof Tambars (HAL) 3 2

Group 1 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Dominic Ripaldi/Mattias Doerwald 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
Thiago Machado/Timóteo Machado 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Glenn Filips/Ralof Tambars 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 2
Harald Bager/Jörgen Bergfalk (VER) 3 6
Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 6 7

Lucretia "Crete" Talltree/Maria Redstone (BLC) 2 3
Abaeté Silva/Gustavo Costa (TUP) 6 6

Group 2 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Abaeté Silva/Gustavo Costa 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Harald Bager/Jörgen Bergfalk 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Lucretia "Crete" Talltree/Maria Redstone 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 3
Octavius Miller/Marius Steelhammer (BLC) 6 6
Marie Hynmington/Carolyn Skanekova (UKQ) 2 1

Yvonne Bergman/Otto Blomgren (VER) 6 6
Marla Gerard/Alma Semmes (NEG) 2 3

Group 3 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Octavius Miller/Marius Steelhammer 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
Yvonne Bergman/Otto Blomgren 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Marie Hynmington/Carolyn Skanekova 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Marla Gerard/Alma Semmes 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Smithers, O'Malley Win

Fred Smithers and Greg O'Malley have both won their first matches of the Cadenza Clay Open. They have both received favorable draws in the singles competition, but Smithers's win wasn't very straightforward, with 2 tiebreaker-winning sets. Their two matches from today have received low TV ratings due to the lack of star power. The real stars will start playing in the main tournament. By contrast, OI'Malley's win was very straightforward, winning 6-2, 6-4.

Scene: motel room (Yes, you read that right. WTF values proximity to court over quality of hotel/motel.)

FS: We both know that the golden boys will arrive later... I imagine they're getting 5-star hotel accommodations when we get this cheap shit!
GOM: I think your bed had a few bugs in it.
FS: I'm sure of that... but the golden boys will probably get nice fluffed pillows and clean mattresses and comfy blankets. Look at this. We only got 2 dirt cheap blankets, a pillow that looks like it hasn't been washed in 40 years, and the floor looks like it played host to a college party.
GOM: You may have a point--
*Knock on door*
FS: If that isn't our bags...
*Fred opens the door. A small man walks in and has some luggage with him.*
Man: You are Greg Sanchez and Fred Ortiz?
FS: Give me that bag!
*Fred opens the bag to find his stuff... all wet.*
FS: Get out of here. How did the bag get wet?
Man: It fell out of the carriage on the way here.
FS: Carriage? You mean that we got our packages delivered via horse and buggy?
Man: Your tennis federation apologizes for any inconvenience.
*Fred slams the door shut in his face as he leaves.*
FS: That was fun. At least your stuff didn't get wet.
GOM: Good night... I guess.
FS: Good night.
*They go to sleep to attempt to b e rested for their next matches. They have low odds of succeeding.*

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:25 pm

First Match at Cadenza
Cadenza

The third tournament as part of Astyrian Series have begun. All attention now comes to Cadenza where The 2015 Cadenzan Clay Trophy is held. At this tournament, Pemecutan Tennis Federation send 4 Singles and 2 Doubles. The single players are Ngurah Putra Muliawan, Oka Sulastra, Indah Susanti and Luh Putu Yundari. While the double teams are Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari and Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi.

With a great result at Antillia Masters, Ngurah Putra Muliawan is able to reach the main round without have to compete in the Qualification Round. While others Pemecutanian players have to go through Qualification Round before compete in the main round.

On the First Qualification match, Oka Sulastra was lost in a dramatic 3 sets match against Marcus Clearglass. Sulastra won in the first set. Dictate the match at fisrt although Clearglass able to steal one or two times. 6-4 for Sulastra. In the second set, Clearglass maintain his performance and difficult Sulastra. They stumbled into a tight tie-break before Clearglass clearly become the victor. Sulastra performance decrease in the third set. He makes some unforced errors and a fatal shot that give Clearglass an opportunity to grab the set. At the end, Marcus Clearglass won the match.

In Group 4 Single Qualification Round, Indah Susanti met Mattias Doerwald. It was a high and low match between the two players. Doerwald won easily in the first set and dictate the whole set, giving little space for Susanti to grow her performance. But in the second set, Susanti reverse the situation and give Doerwald a lot of difficulties and she eventually won 6-1. But in the third set, Doerwald back to his prime performance. And eventhough Susanti able to give resistance but Doerwald always won at the end. Susanti eventually lost 0-6 and also lost the match.

A good hope coming from Luh Putu Yundari. Meeting Alma Semmes, Yundari control the match from the early start. On the first set, both players were still searching their best performance and how to difficult their opponent. Luckily, Yundari able to see it first and give a lot of trouble to Semmes. She eventually won 6-3 to Semmes. In the second set, Yundari keep her great performance and push Seemes to the edge. Although Semmes give a lot of resistence and able to difficult Yundaria few times, but Yundari able to give a great finish. At the end, Yundari won 6-1 and takes the victory for her first match.

While in Double Competition, Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi was lost against Thiago Machado/Timoteo Machado in straight set. Putrawan/Ratmadi give their best performance but the Machado's able to finish it nicely. 6-4; 6-4 for Thiago/TImoteo Machado. On the other hand, meeting Harald Bager/Jorgen Bergfalk, Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari able to keep their performance firmly. Sulastra/Yundari was in sync during the first set and give a lot of killer shot to Bager/Bergfalk. And it ends with their winning. 6-3 for Sulastra/Yundari. But on the second set, Bager/Bergfalk able to difficult the Pemecutanian Double. They push them to the limit and forced a tie-break. But Sulastra/Yundari give their best and finish the set nicely. 7-6 for Sulastra/Yundari and also giving them their first win.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:10 pm

"Neu Engollon...I'm Dom Toglani and we are back on the NETV Sports 19 Update coming live from Cadenza, in the Sea of Jajich, near the Sidereal Crown, yes, the mysterious Kingdom of Trellin. Cadenza, a small, cosmopolitan island of modernity surrounded by a sea of antiquity and archaic suspicion that is the land of Trellin, emerging from isolation.

As has been the case before, the Neu Engollian players have come out swinging, literally, but it remains to be seen if they will take the constant dive that they have in every leg of this ATP Series. It is soul searing to our players to get as far, only to be crushed in the later legs of each tournament. We did see a promising start today for Matti Doerwald, Dom Ripaldi and Marla Gerard, all younger players on the circuit. Tonight, we talk to Marla Gerard, the darling of the Confederacy, who is a ray of hope to us. We caught up with her outside the Neu Engollian team's hotel. Marla, I am glad you chose to speak with us."

"Of course, Dom. Thank you for letting me talk to the folks back home."

"Marla, how are you doing now? You had a great match versus Dayde Aberton of Britonsea."

"It was something. It was hard fought. Dayde is a great player and really made it difficult for me. Dayde has a fast serve and also able to cover the corners well."

"Marla, always the angel...So, how do you feel about the team and their chances?"

"We are going to do the best we can. It's an uphill battle always, Dom. The Cenians, Ourans, Electrumites and Andromedans...they all have been at this so much longer...the International play. We just try to do our best, ya know?"

"While your singles match went well, your doubles with Alma Semmes didn't. How do you feel about Alma and the fact that many are saying she is well past her peak and she should have retired?"

"I love Alma. She, along with Lizbet, have been great mentors to me. I don't think its very fair that so many are down on her. She is doing her best and it's been a hard series of tournaments for all of us. We aren't probably to that level that some of these other teams are, Dom."

"Marla, you are so saintly, I must tell you it is refreshing to talk to you after the Paul Quiront interviews...ah, we see your expression through the monitors here, you instantly started to go sour..."

"Dom, it's a sore subject. Paul isn't well liked and he's not a team player. I'll just say that. He's made it difficult for all of us. Enough said."

"Aw, come on, any more dirt, Marla?"

"No, really...I would like to move on. I'm just glad he's not here on this leg of the series tour. I am happy to be surrounded by friends. I was so excited to cheer on Dom Ripaldi and Matti. They are really just playing their hearts out and doing great. It's such an exciting time for Neu Engollian tennis, no matter how far we get. People like Paul Quiront bring us down. Like the Americans Agassi and McEnroe, he just doesn't fathom how to play with a team or how to be respectful to opponents, or...anyone. That's...I'm just done. Let's move on."

"Actually, that's all the time we have for now. I think I agree with what you said, though. Your generation is our hope for the future of Neu Engollian tennis. Much as we might love Alma and Lizbet, you are the rising star, Marla. Keep on it, we're in your corner. Thanks for talking with us."

"My pleasure, Dom."

"Next, a preview of the upcoming Cadenzan matches for the NETC team. Right after this break..."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm at the open!
I'm at the tennis open! [Chorus]
Awoke from my hardy tennis slumber
My opponent seems broken
As he lumbers across the court

Till there is no more games to be played
I will reign supreme
I shine like a jade on the court
That must be why you beam

Watch the way I move my feet [Chorus]
Back and forth
While I swing my rack to the beat
Henceforth I have already won

I'm at the tennis open! [Chorus]
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Fred and Greg wake up early to eat breakfast.

FS: Greg, they're actually serving us good breakfast today!
GOM: It's a miracle! I never thought this day would come.
FS: It's a huge platter of chocolate chip pancakes. I think it's all for us.
GOM: Great! I'm starving.
*The two of them eat and bond for a little bit. They then begin walking to the court, which is only a 2-minute walk from their room.*
GOM: Wow! What are you doing here so early?
NT: Just soaking up the sun. How's your lodging situation?
GOM: Good. Just a little uncomfortable. I don't see Ash around. Where is he?
NT: He had to go home. He got a call from the football coach; he's needed at the World Bowl game for tomorrow. He'll be back before the main tournament.
FS: Never thought he was a football star.
GOM: He was. Grew up playing against him. Always a slippery guy to try to tackle.
FS: Interesting. Well, Greg and I were going to hit some balls. You coming to watch?
NT: I'll be prepping at the hotel I'm staying at. Little farther away than right outside the door to the court, but you'll be moving in if you get past the group stage.
FS: Rob and Jeff coming?
NT: Yep. Zainers are arriving in a few hours.
GOM: How'd you get here?
NT: Can't really say.
FS: Why?
NT: Cadenza follows ISS.
*Nate leaves the two to prepare for their coming matches for today.*

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Cutoff.

Singles - Qualification Day 2
Group 1
Fred Smithers (WMZ) 6 6 7
Oka Sulastra (PCU) 7 1 5

David Ortiz (USD) 2 6 6
Marcus Clearglass (BLC) 6 4 4

Group 1 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Fred Smithers 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 6
2 David Ortiz 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
3 Marcus Clearglass 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
4 Oka Sulastra 2 0 0 2 2 4 −2 0

Group 2
Gaspar Delgado (TUP) 7 4 4
Dominic Ripaldi (NEG) 5 6 6

Astrid Cambar (HAL) 6 3 6
Harald Bager (VER) 1 6 1

Group 2 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Gaspar Delgado 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
2 Harald Bager 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
3 Dominic Ripaldi 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
4 Astrid Cambar 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3

Group 3
Gerdur Ivath (HAL) 6 1 10
Maximiliano Magalhães (TUP) 1 6 12

Joan Levitt (ETM) 2 4
Andy Amada (CEN) 6 6

Group 3 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Andy Amada 2 2 0 0 4 0 +4 6
2 Maximiliano Magalhães 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
3 Gerdur Ivath 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
4 Joan Levitt 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group 4
Olivia Greenbridge (BLC) 4 3
Mattias Doerwald (NEG) 6 6

Viktoria Arthursson (VER) 5 2
Indah Susanti (PCU) 7 6

Group 4 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Mattias Doerwald 2 2 0 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Indah Susanti 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Viktoria Arthursson 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
4 Olivia Greenbridge 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group 5
Hélder Ventura (TUP) 3 7 6
Titus Gildedhall (BLC) 6 6 1

Master Larry (BRI) 2 4
Fredrik Grahn (VER) 6 6

Group 5 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Hélder Ventura 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 6
2 Titus Gildedhall 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
3 Fredrik Grahn 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
4 Master Larry 2 0 0 2 1 4 −3 0

Group 6
Alma Semmes (NEG) 7 6
Jing Hong Yang (UKQ) 5 2

Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 4 6 6
Alvon Quiken (BRI) 6 3 1

Group 6 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Luh Putu Yundari 2 2 0 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Alvon Quiken 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
3 Alma Semmes 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
4 Jing Hong Yang 2 0 0 2 1 4 −3 0

Group 7
Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 7
Emma Rehnquistianson (UKQ) 1 5

Dayde Aberton (BRI) 7 6
Greg O'Malley (WMZ) 5 1

Group 7 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Marla Gerard 2 2 0 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Dayde Aberton 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Greg O'Malley 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
4 Emma Rehnquistianson 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group 8
Yvonne Bergman (VER) 4 4
Joric Novikov (HAL) 6 6

Jason Gordon (BRI) 4 6 1
Decimus Whitewood (BLC) 6 2 6

Group 8 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Decimus Whitewood 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 6
2 Joric Novikov 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Yvonne Bergman 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Jason Gordon 2 0 0 2 2 4 −2 0

Doubles - Qualification Day 2
Group 1
Thiago Machado/Timóteo Machado (TUP) 6 4 10
Glenn Filips/Ralof Tambars (HAL) 2 6 3

Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 5 6 10
Dominic Ripaldi/Mattias Doerwald (NEG) 7 3 6

Group 1 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Thiago Machado/Timóteo Machado 2 2 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi 2 1 1 2 3 −1 3
3 Dominic Ripaldi/Mattias Doerwald 2 1 1 3 2 +1 3
4 Glenn Filips/Ralof Tambars 2 0 2 1 4 −3 0

Group 2
Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 3 6 8
Abaeté Silva/Gustavo Costa (TUP) 6 4 10

Harald Bager/Jörgen Bergfalk (VER) 1 5
Lucretia "Crete" Talltree/Maria Redstone (BLC) 6 7

Group 2 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Abaeté Silva/Gustavo Costa 2 2 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari 2 1 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Lucretia "Crete" Talltree/Maria Redstone 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
4 Harald Bager/Jörgen Bergfalk 2 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group 3
Marie Hynmington/Carolyn Skanekova (UKQ) 5 4
Marla Gerard/Alma Semmes (NEG) 7 6

Octavius Miller/Marius Steelhammer (BLC) 4 6
Yvonne Bergman/Otto Blomgren (VER) 6 7

Group 3 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Yvonne Bergman/Otto Blomgren 2 2 0 4 0 +4 6
2 Marla Gerard/Alma Semmes 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
Octavius Miller/Marius Steelhammer 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
4 Marie Hynmington/Carolyn Skanekova 2 0 2 0 4 −4 0
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports