NATION

PASSWORD

Quidditch World Cup VI [Everything Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Qocaekian Isles
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Qocaekian Quidditch

Postby The Qocaekian Isles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Qocaekia Magic Express

The United Kingdom of the Qocaekian Isles has a long history of magical activities. I fact, this country, including the Banana Islands Colony, features three prominent Schools of Magic.
Rhondormanon School of All Things Magical (RSM). Founded in ????, just like every other schools. They feature magical education to all magical personals, including intelligent magical animals. Their school colours are black and green.
Markoville School of Wizarding Technologies (MWT) is a school featuring extensive technological education. Male and female students from across the globe, including 15 lucky muggles every year, study at this beautiful school. The school tricolours are black, red, and white. This is the only Wizarding School based in the Banana Islands colony.
Zorkaetiasch Magic Academy (ZMA) is a prominent school of wizardry and witchcraft, which focuses on the real world application of magic. The school also features a magical combating program. About 23 percent of the tiny Qocaekian Army is made up of noble, loyal magical fighters, which makes up for the small number of combating troops. The school colours is blue.
The Qocaekian Quidditch National Team features players from the three schools above. Rooster as following:
Coach: Alexandra Krachorovich

Keeper: Filbert Krum (ZMA) 22

Left Beater: Alfred Marlankovic (MWT) 19

Right Beater: Lv Meng Jiang (ZMA) 18

Left Wing Chaser: Kristiano Beckham (RSM) 20

Right Wing Chaser: Amanda Hamlet (ZMA) 21

Center Chaser: Victoria Kovachrovski (RSM) 18

Seeker: Charlotte Lovegood (RSM) 17 (C)

Substitutes:

(K) Wilfred Wood (ZMA) 13

(K) Xin Yan Zhan (RSM) 17

(B) Heather Ronmari (MWT) 22

(B) Cameron Posta (ZMA) 21

(B) David Davidson VII (MWT) 17

(C) Liza Carolina (RSM) 16

(C) Marie Carolina (RSM) 16

(C) Sofia Carolina (RSM) 17

(S) Charlie Lovegood (RSM) 14

(S) Jeorge Longbottom (MWT) 17

The Mascot of the Qocaekian Quidditch National Team is a Chinese Dragon and a Phoenix. Unlike Western Dragons, the Chinese Dragon summons water instead of breathing fire, and does not harm anyone. The Phoenix is also sacred and eternal like the dragon. The Qocaekian Cloak is luminous violet-pink with black, gold and white strips, and also features a Qocaekian Panda and the mascots on the back. The National Team will fight with bravery and sportsmanship, for the honor of the countries and their schools.
Last edited by The Qocaekian Isles on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

S.U.S.I Roster

Postby Star United States » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Department of Magical Affairs
of the Republic of
Star United States

Star United States Islands
Official Roster for the Quidditch World Cup VI

The S.U.S.I Quidditch team is completely composed of human wizards.

Management Staff
Head Coach: Master Astohawyt, M
Assistant Coach: Chief Diriratheil, F
Tactics Officer Chief Max, M

Key
Position: Initial of Name. Wizard Name, Gender, Wizard Division

Starters
Keeper: J. Acelac, M, White Wizard
Beater: M. Pruvia, F, Green Wizard
Beater: P. Zek, M, Blue Wizard
Chaser: F. Amerdan, M, White Wizard
Chaser: C. Ocn, F, Orange Wizard
Chaser: R. Hyron, M, Purple Wizard
Seeker: M. Carubben, F, Yellow Wizard

Back-Up
Keeper: C. Veldaee, M, Blue Wizard
Beater: E. Layser, M, Green Wizard
Chaser: E. Brey, F, Orange Wizard
Seeker: R. Mige, M, Yellow Wizard

RP Permissions
Take it and run. However, if it's something extreme, please telegram first.

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Quidditch World Cup VI
The Republic of Star United States

CUT-OFF

You are presented with the first cut-off the sixth Quidditch World Cup VI. To get into the holiday spirit, here's a song!

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Group Stage, Day 1

Postby Star United States » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Quidditch World Cup VI

GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY ONE

QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP VI - GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY ONE - RESULTS
Group A @ Stadium 6, Sector 369G
Dainer 310–140 Umbra Ignis
Thebear 50–430 The Qocaekian Isles

Group A Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 The Qocaekian Isles 1 1 0 430 50 +380 3
2 Dainer 1 1 0 31 140 +170 3
3 Umbra Ignis 1 0 1 140 310 −170 0
4 Thebear 1 0 1 50 430 −380 0

Group B @ House of Winds, Sector 49A
New North Aqmuland 100–390 Taeshan
Celestial Empire [Kirigiri-no-Mikoto] 90–310 Walamzia

Group B Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Taeshan 1 1 0 390 100 +290 3
2 Walamzia 1 1 0 310 90 +220 3
3 Celestial Empire [Kirigiri-no-Mikoto] 1 0 1 90 310 −220 0
4 New North Aqmuland 1 0 1 100 390 −290 0

Group C @ Grande Centre, Sector 1G
San Jose Guayabal 110–380 Electrum
Equestrian States 240–180 Gradea

Group C Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Electrum 1 1 0 380 110 +270 3
2 Equestrian States 1 1 0 240 180 +60 3
3 Gradea 1 0 1 180 240 −60 0
4 San Jose Guayabal 1 0 1 110 380 −270 0

Group D @ Drewson Magic Arena, Sector 52G
Patistan 220–230 Darvale
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 500–60 Yttribia

Group D Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 1 0 500 60 +440 3
2 Darvale 1 1 0 230 220 +10 3
3 Patistan 1 0 1 220 230 −10 0
4 Yttribia 1 0 1 60 500 −440 0

Group E @ Air Site, Sector 243A
Northern Sunrise Islands 180–300 Saintland
Venta de la Mesilla 280–110 Jeckland

Group E Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Venta de la Mesilla 1 1 0 280 110 +170 3
2 Saintland 1 1 0 300 180 +120 3
3 Northern Sunrise Islands 1 0 1 180 300 −120 0
4 Jeckland 1 0 1 110 280 −170 0

Group F @ Aboveland, Sector 892A
Tumbra 400–250 Cosumar
The Sarian 160–320 Darmen

Group F Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Darmen 1 1 0 320 160 +160 3
2 Tumbra 1 1 0 400 250 +150 3
3 Cosumar 1 0 1 250 400 −150 0
4 The Sarian 1 0 1 160 320 −160 0

Please note, Team 1 will be added next matchday. They do not appear in the tables, as today was their bye.

Venta de la Mesilla
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Venta de la Mesilla » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:18 pm

“Tomas! Tomas, you got a letter.”

Sighing dejectedly, Tomas stalked back to the bedroom, where his sister Katia was seated on the end of their younger brother’s, Ramon’s, bed, reading aloud. Ramon was awake, sitting up in his pajamas listening to Katia read.

“...your train will leave in prick-prickissly one week and four days,” she read, her voice growing in volume as Tomas entered the room. “You will find an in-intact supply list en-enk-losed; please have your things ready in time.”

“It’s precisely,” Tomas corrected, “And why are you reading my mail? Shit, why are you in my room?

“I invited her,” Ramon said unhelpfully.

“Still, why are you reading my shit? Give me that.”

Tomas took the envelope from Katia’s small hands. To his surprise, the same letter from before was inside, looking like it had never been torn to shreds. He was studying it, wondering if Mom had somehow taped it back together or something, when he realized that the letter now said his train would leave in a week and four days, meaning whoever switched it out had updated it. He set the letter gingerly on his desk and walked out of the room, paying no attention to his siblings as he stalked to the kitchen trash, where he found the letter, still in shreds, sitting on top of some old orange peels.

He took it out of the trash and was so fixated on comparing it to the intact version that he didn’t notice the man outside in the yard until he was knocking on the kitchen door. Tomas jumped so high he almost fell backwards, then half-stumbled into the living room, running for his bedroom. Even if he hadn’t been on high alert already, someone coming to the house unannounced was a red flag, and Mom had been over what to do with him about a hundred times.

“Katia!” he barked, “Katia, Ramon, get under the bed, now.”

Tomas started for the bedroom before realizing he’d left his bat in his baseball bag in the living room. Making a quick decision, he decided he’d rather risk it and be armed than trapped in a room with Katia and Ramon and no way to protect them. He started for the living room, but when he got there, it was too late.

"Don’t be alarmed, Tomas,” the man said, “I’m not going to hurt you.” He was tall, taller than Dad, and he had a thick accent that Tomas couldn’t place.

Tomas tried to speak, but all that came out was a dry rasp. As if replying, the man continued. “My name is Meneer van Doren. I am from the Silverwick Institute. You know of Silverwick, ja?” Tomas nodded stiffly. “You have questions, I have answers. What do you want to know?”

Tomas looked thoughtfully toward the hallway that led to the room where his siblings were hiding.

“They are safe, Tomas,” van Doren assured him, and strangely Tomas believed him, at least enough to want answers more than he wanted the man out of his house.

“What-what is Silverwick?” Tomas found his words, but somehow talking made him more scared, and he could feel adrenaline rise in his veins.

“It’s an academy for young witches and wizards,” van Doren answered coolly, as though he’d been expecting the question, “We teach you how to use magic responsibly and function in magic society.”

“Magic society?”

“Oh, yes. You are not like the others, Tomas. You’re a wizard. Did your mother not tell you?”
The artist formerly known as Taijan
Pronunciation: Messi-uh
Demonym: Mesillano/a
Capital: Tucson
Population: ~4 million
Languages: English and Spanish
Sports played: Association football
Map
Inaugural Multiverse Championship Champions
MPL 2 Runners-up
MPL Cup semifinalists

OOC Reference

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:49 pm

http://chirb.it/fC6rOA

Sorry the quality may be lacking, first audio attempt time on the new computer.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 am

Prime Minister's Office

Cynthia Suarez's face was aghast and she jumped in the air at the sight of him. What the? Just how did that man appear in that fire? And the flames were green. The last time she saw green fire was when she was burning copper sulphate in chemistry class! She was thinking that this was probably an elaborate prank - when suddenly she visualised the thoughts in her mind being organised and flashbacks to the past. It was all getting a little bit confusing.

"Oh sorry Prime Minister to barge in like this - I was just testing out my Legilimency... I guess you could call it mind reading - and I assure you this is not a prank at all. I am the Minister for Magic, Peter Effens and I will serve as a conduit to you for news in the magical world." Cynthia did not believe a thing he was saying, and she clearly voiced those thoughts out loud by yelling for the guards to come to the office. "Muffliato." They're not going to hear you no matter how hard you scream. Now you, I will make you believe that I am the Minister for Magic. Would a prankster be able to do this? The Minister took out his wand and performed a conjuring spell - a goblet appeared in front of the wand -- "Aguamenti" and water appeared in the goblet. "Have a drink, Prime Minister." Suarez could not believe what was happening - surely magic didn't exist? She knew she shouldn't have, but she felt like a child once again, and she reached in for a drink. It was water.

"Wow. That is AMAZING! You can do that with magic?" inquired Suarez, "Yes Prime Minister, this is a branch of magic we call Transfiguration." Suarez was thinking, now that Electrum was at the forefront of technology and science, at heights never imagined before, they could use this so called 'magic' to further augment Electrum's economic activity, and she would be the most famous Prime Minister ever! The first to bring magic to Electrum!" "I know what you are thinking Prime Minister Suarez, but you are not to tell anyone about the magical community, of which there are a million or so of us." "Why not?" "It is essential that your world, the non-magical world, the muggle world must not interact with the magical world. The former persecution of witches around the world has meant that the Magical world must keep itself separate. To introduce this sudden change would be disasterous. We would have another war on our hands. And if you say a word, we will use a Confundus charm, and alter your and everyone you told's memories."

"But why - what are you doing here?" Minister Effens was laughing at her, I act as a liaise between the magical world and your world. All events in our world will be kept to date by me, and it just so happens we are preparing for the Quidditch World Cup, to be held in Star United States. It's a fantastic sport played on broom sticks, and we've got the Snitch, the quaffle, the bludger... it's all good fun. Now that you have been elected, let's say we go there to watch a game? What do you say?" "Minister, I have no idea how you even got to that position without my knowledge -- just how on earth, just what? I'm so confused and lost right now." "Look, ok. Prime Minister Brandis knew of me too. I guess I should tell you this before hand actually, but you must sign this contract here, it's in the table, bottom shelf, 3942."

Cynthia rummaged under the desk, and found that the last shelf required a passcode. She inputted it in and inside was a small piece of parchment paper. On it was the title 'Prime Minister's Agreement with the Ministry of Magic,' and it had a list of regulations that the Prime Minister had to follow. It detailed how the Ministry of Magic operates, how the minister is chosen and all of that. She had to sign the agreement at the bottom to say that she relinquished power of the ministry to the magical community and that she would keep all of this strictly confidential. She scanned the names before her - and they were definitely recognisable - especially the last one, she recognised Prime Minister Brandis's signature anywhere, as it was plastered all over their campaign last election. "You're telling me even Brandis knew of this?" "Hohoho, Prime Minister Brandis. He was a jolly old guy, and we drank a lot. After that, he approved our shipment of a dozen dragons from Esportiva!" She looked at him funnily. "Oh, don't worry Prime Minister, we've got it all under control. We have a department for that, but you have the final say in dangerous animals exportation." She simply signed the document and placed it back in the drawer.

"Prime Minister, I would like to invite you to the Quidditch World Cup, to watch our national team. I think you'll be proud of our nation." Cynthia Suarez waved her hands dismissively and said, "With all due respect, I know nothing about your people. You randomly appeared out of nowhere today. And then you want me to disappear? I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. People are going to wonder what is happening. I'm the most important person in this nation, and I cannot for a second leave my job. I'm sorry." The Minister looked forlorn, but nonetheless, he presented her with a special coin. The coin was indeed magical, it had rotating words, and on it it said nothing to report nothing to report nothing to report. "Whenever there is something going on in the Magical community, just read this coin, and it will tell you the latest updates from the Ministry. San Jose Guayabal 110–380 Electrum appeared. "Ah, so we did win that Quidditch match. Anyways, when I need to talk to you urgently, sometimes about magical imports, sometimes about other matters, this coin will heat up, so always keep it close to your body at all times, and make room in your busy timetable for me. I'll be off now, toodles!" As his last act, Minister Effens put a book on the table, 'An explanation of the Magical World for Muggles,' and took some of the green dust on the fireplace. He threw the dust on the floor, and within an instant, he was gone, only the green flames a reminder that someone was there.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

The Qocaekian Isles
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Match day Express #1

Postby The Qocaekian Isles » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:53 am

Qocaekia Magic Express

The Qocaekian Quidditch National Team made its first big appearance today, following a devastating victory over Thebear. A 430-50 score made our team currently the first in the group and has the second biggest indicator, next to The Royal Kingdom of Quebec, who defeated Yttribia 500-60. Goalie Filbert Krum was voted MYP of the Match, only conceding 5 goals during the 4 hour match. “I appreciate this award very much,” said Filbert after the match, “But we all can see that I wouldn’t have none it without my amazing teammates.” It is a true statement, because the beaters and the two chasers worked hard together to deter the opposing attacks. Beater Marlankovic and Jiang both worked well today, as did sub Heather Ronmari, making her appearance after a foul on Jiang. All our chasers together scored a total of 28 times, including 2 from each Carolina sisters. Captain Victoria Kovachrovic, the center chaser, played especially well with her overwhelming speed. But most notably, seeker Charlotte was able to catch the snitch after being fouled by the opposing chaser. “It was not intentional, I think,” says Charlotte, “but it sure did hurt. Anyways, I believe we have the ability to win more games, and I’m hoping to be catching more snitches!” Although Felix Felicis is not allowed in this tournament, we still believe that luck will always be on our side. We wish the Panda fighters the very best luck!

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Corwin Collins surveyed his charges and smiled. Their pent-up energy was almost palpable. These kids—oh, my, they look younger every year—just want to fly. Bye days are hard.

He thought about the match between Northern Sunrise Islands and Saintland. We face the Islanders first. The “other” Islanders. That first match wasn’t bad, thirty goals between the sides before Lucas Falerius—it was Falerius, right?—caught the golden snitch for a come-from-behind Saintland win.

Feriulina Wells broke through his thoughts. “So, Master Corwin, are you thinking about the match?”

Corwin smiled. “Not our match, but the first round.”

“Yeah,” Feri said. “They—our next opponents—they got pipped with a 60-point lead.”

“And why did that happen, Feri?”

Her brow furrowed, and she spoke carefully. “By the end it looked like the beaters weren’t hitting well. On either side. Tired, maybe, but there was lots of good air for seeking.”

And Corwin nodded approval. She’s got a good eye for this. “You’re spot on. I read it the same way. Let’s go talk to Mandy and Harriette about what it means for our D. Hjörtur, too.”

“I’ll round them up, sir.”
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:47 pm

After missing the time to arrive at Star United States for the Cup, another classic Goffika shenanigan paying its' dividends; the Northern Sunrisian quidditch team arrived, using some of the most flamboyant uniforms this side of Pony Lands.

The Sunrisian style of playing changed slightly thanks to the Pokémon involvement that the wizard community had at the Islands. As a result, each player has adopted a Signature trick, an actual Pokémon attack that should influence their style to some extent at particular, brief moments.

KEEPERS
10. Rüss JAMANTOKAVOK *
Team: Azkabian | Signature Move: Foresight
31. Martiijiwsa MOTO
Team: Mathusani | Signature Move: Flash

CHASERS
22. Ruffian DELARBUSS *
Team: Azkabian | Signature Move: Rock Smash
09. Calmena GROUNDON *
Team: Azkabian | Signature Move: Fire Blast
67. Demonika SCARLESPAZ
Team: Azkabian | Signature Move: Withdraw
93. Demitricitza LALUNA
Team: Preppin | Signature Move: Steel Wing

BEATERS
35. Klarudi STRYFIEN *
Team: Hogawa | Signature Move: Judgement
44. Colline KNIGTHENMAGE *
Team: Zarasalemon | Signature Move: Night Shade
40. Justine KNIGTHENMAGE
Team: Zarasalemon | Signature Move: Confusion
80. Hierna DROPENEU
Team: Empreon | Signature Move: Hydro Pump

SEEKERS
91. Elisie CHANTEOUROUX *
Team: Campõ | Signature Move: Agility
27. "MASQUÉPERE"
Team: Gartamel | Signature Move: Swift

* denotes Starter.

RP PERMISSIONS
Don't kill or cause a forced retirement on them. It's Quidditch anyways, pulling weird stuff's a given.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Quidditch World Cup VI

CUT-OFF

Day Two! It's a take two for teams that did not experience a win yesterday, and could be three more points for those who did. You will find ou momentarily. Here's a song to get into the mood of Christmas!

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Group Stage, Day 2

Postby Star United States » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Quidditch World Cup VI

GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY TWO

QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP VI - GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY TWO - RESULTS
Group A @ Waterfall Park
Umbra Ignis 350–170 Thebear
Star United States 240–230 Dainer

1 The Qocaekian Isles 1 1 0 430 50 +380 3
2 Dainer 2 1 1 540 380 +160 3
3 Umbra Ignis 2 1 1 490 480 +10 3
4 Star United States 1 1 0 240 230 +10 3
5 Thebear 2 0 2 220 780 −560 0

Group B @ Star Wizardry Sports Center
Taeshan 300–210 Celestial Empire [Kirigiri-no-Mikoto]
Neyosil 320–130 New North Aqmuland

1 Taeshan 2 2 0 690 310 +380 6
2 Walamzia 1 1 0 310 90 +220 3
3 Neyosil 1 1 0 320 130 +190 3
4 Celestial Empire [Kirigiri-no-Mikoto] 2 0 2 300 610 −310 0
5 New North Aqmuland 2 0 2 230 710 −480 0

Group C @ Stadium 6
Electrum 360–150 Equestrian States
Starblaydia 290–70 San Jose Guayabal

1 Electrum 2 2 0 740 260 +480 6
2 Starblaydia 1 1 0 290 70 +220 3
3 Equestrian States 2 1 1 390 540 −150 3
4 Gradea 1 0 1 180 240 −60 0
5 San Jose Guayabal 2 0 2 180 670 −490 0

Group D @ House of Winds
Darvale 220–370 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Poland Lithuania and Ukraine 660–20 Patistan

1 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 2 0 870 280 +590 6
2 Poland Lithuania and Ukraine 1 1 0 660 20 +640 3
3 Darvale 2 1 1 450 590 −140 3
4 Yttribia 1 0 1 60 500 −440 0
5 Patistan 2 0 2 240 890 −650 0

Group E @ Grand Centre
Saintland 400–170 Venta de la Mesilla
The Babbage Islands 290–130 Northern Sunrise Islands

1 Saintland 2 2 0 700 350 +350 6
2 The Babbage Islands 1 1 0 290 130 +160 3
3 Venta de la Mesilla 2 1 1 450 510 −60 3
4 Jeckland 1 0 1 110 280 −170 0
5 Northern Sunrise Islands 2 0 2 310 590 −280 0

Group F @ Drewson Magic Arena
Cosumar 420–90 The Sarian
Super-Llamaland 300–150 Tumbra

1 Cosumar 2 1 1 670 490 +180 3
2 Darmen 1 1 0 320 160 +160 3
3 Super-Llamaland 1 1 0 300 150 +150 3
4 Tumbra 2 1 1 550 550 000 3
5 The Sarian 2 0 2 250 740 −490 0

Venta de la Mesilla
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Venta de la Mesilla » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:29 pm

The week drug by, and on Saturday instead of driving to San Luis to play baseball, Tomas went with Mom in the Mazda to buy school supplies. The trip went by in a sort of daze, with Tomas too distracted to hear his siblings’ chirping all around him. He didn’t go to baseball the following week at all, staying at home and playing video games with Ramon instead, trying to get his head around what was going to happen.

The letter read “two days” when van Doren came back for him, driving a small truck that looked like it had just rolled out of a junkyard. He called it his “bakkie”, and when they went somewhere in it, it seemed less like he was driving it than that he was guiding it and it was taking care of the finer details by itself. It had a gearshift that he never used, and the gauges seemed to change at random, but van Doren studied them intently, sometimes changing lanes or fiddling with the buttons on the console if something changed and he didn’t like it.

They went all over town buying supplies, less mundane than the ones he’d bought with Mom. At a health food store, they bought a variety of herbs and roots that Tomas had never heard of, including some that had to be got from behind the counter. All of it went into a leather sack that seemed too small to hold it all, which got thrown into the back of the bakkie whenever they went somewhere. The bakkie had a cover over the bed which made it difficult to look inside, but when van Doren went in there, it seemed somehow like he was able to stand up, despite it only being as high as the cab and him being a rather tall man.

The bakkie got onto I-8 and for the first time since he’d read the letter, Tomas felt sharp, abject fear as it wove in and out of traffic while van Doren sat with his hands folded in his lap. When he noticed Tomas staring, he laughed gruffly.

“No sense pretending anymore, ja?”

Yet he seemed to have more control over it than he let on, and about an hour into the drive he removed a length of wood from his sleeve and seemed to use it to direct the bakkie where he wanted it to go. As they passed south of Phoenix and merged onto I-10, Tomas finally found his voice to ask where they were going.

“Right now?” van Doren asked, “Alamogordo.”

Alamogordo was further than Tomas had ever been from home, and it wasn't until he was peeing in their hotel room that he realized the bakkie hadn’t stopped the whole way from Yuma that he was aware of. He wondered what kind of fuel it ran on that it could drive across Arizona without needing fuel once. He resolved to find out after he had found answers to all his other questions. Van Doren ordered them a pizza to eat in the hotel room, and Tomas fell asleep as soon as his face hit the pillow.

It was a good thing, too, because they were up before the sun. Van Doren drove the bakkie through a gate onto the Air Force base and stopped at a large brick building that looked abandoned.

“This is where you get off,” he told Tomas as he extracted his bags from the back of the bakkie.
Map
MPL 2 Runners-up
MPL Cup semifinalists

OOC Reference

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Win vs Celestial Empire

http://chirb.it/xqn5xF
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Dainer
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dainer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:55 pm

"Toil and trouble and all that jazz!", quipped Melusine as she made dramatic hand gestures over her self-stirring cauldron.

"Why do you even do that if you don't remember the words?", said Lillith.

"Because it's fun, silly. I wish I could speak in rhyme..." She made a deliberate pause to deliver the joke. "Then I would be a rapper. Make loooots of money." She heard chuckles, and smiled, an expression that made her gaunt face look downright scary.

"Beats having magazines put a new person in your bed every day.", said Lillith. Out of the Quidditch field, she wore a low-cut and short version of current wizarding fashion that looked a lot like a Muggle dress. The seams drew the eye to her cleavage, where a magical talisman rested. If one were to look closer (and risk being hexed by an annoyed witch), they could see something moving inside the pendant...

"If only they knew who's really sharing your bed these days. If only.", the older witch remarks, glancing knowingly at her friend.

"They could make an educated guess if they were smart! But you know who these papers sell to.". Lillith shrugs.

Their little interlude is interrupted by Elgin, who runs into the room.

"They're here. I saw two in the lobby. Looks like they're not waiting until the Cup ends." He looks from side to side. "Where's Nai?"

"Shh. She's okay, and safe.", says Lillith. "No need to startle the poor thing, okay? Go get Durga and Jordi, and we'll deliberate what to do."
Football, dragons and eco-utopian technology!
Commonwealth of The Free People of Dainer
Capital: Acropolis | Demonym: Daineri | Trigramme: DAI | Technology level: PMT/FanT

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:03 pm

Quidditch World Cup Deemed Unimportant, According to TV Ratings:

The Quidditch World Cup has started alredy, and Walamzia are 1-1 after their first 2 matchdays. However, many WalSport executives are fuming at the lack of TV ratings they are receiving, and part of that may be due to tennis star Nate Tomlinson's poor commentary, as he's never played a match in his life. The second match was preempted as the Snitch was caught to show a press conference involving Fred Smithers attacking Ashley Tyler for staying with those "cheating a**holes". Good news for Quidditch fans is that Tomlinson has left post haste to deal with the situation back home, leaving Harry Weasley alone in the commentary booth, a good sight to see comparatively. Frank Ashford, the regular color commentator, will be joining the booth on matchday 4.

(OOC: Please read the Hamilton Cup RPs for some context, if you haven't already.)
Last edited by Walamzia on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:15 am

Family Ties

"So you want him to come home for Christmas?" Emile asked.

"Well...he basically claims to not know me, or my family anymore, but I might be able to get through to him..." Gerald said apprehensively.

"Do it. I'll bring you along tomorrow for the game." Emile said, at the same time slapping down a ticket for the game against Super-Llamaland.

Gerald stared at the ticket. It would be his only chance to get his younger brother back in time for Christmas. But if he failed, then his parents would probably die, without ever seeing their younger child one last time.

They were seventy-nine and eighty-one. Time was running out. His parents had implored Gerald to get Glenn back in time for Christmas. Year after year he'd failed. This could possibly be his last chance.

He took it.

Before the Match

Glenn Kestermann was superstitious. Extremely so. He didn't let anyone into his dressing room half an hour before, and half an hour after the match. He always packed his things in a specific order, and wore his robes in a specific order as well. One might have laughed at this ridiculousness, but then you didn't laugh at the top Seeker of his country.

No-one did. Over a span of a twelve year career-not excluding seven within the Percyvale Academy within Starblaydia- Glenn had caught more Snitches than any other Seeker had for his country.

He also possessed ridiculously good looks, and a knack for dueling. He had a problem with submitting to higher authority, which had automatically counted him out as Captain.

He didn't care. Not when he was on top of his game as well as being universally respected within the Tumbran wizarding community, even though he played in and lived in Starblaydia.

So it was a huge shock to him when his elder brother Gerald came into his dressing room thirty-five minutes before the game. Not that he ever held Gerald, or the rest of his family, in high regard. Ever since they disagreed with his decision to become a professional Quidditch player at the age of sixteen, and instead wanting him to become a top official at the Ministry of Magic, sucking up to the Minister and getting loads of Galleons to spend on his parents.

He'd run away with his girlfriend Cayena Jones, and they were happy ever since.

"What do you want?"

"Look, Glenn, it's been nine years since you left. Would you perhaps consider coming back for Christmas?"

"You expect me to go back? You must be joking."

"Glenn, Ma and Pa want to see you. It's been nine years."

"Nine years. Nine years is just a figure. I still haven't forgotten when they locked me in during the June holidays because they didn't want me to go out and play Quidditch!"

"Look, they've changed."

"And look here, who do we have? Tattletale himself! So how's your plum job at the Ministry going? Sucking off Emile Goltovah daily just for an extra Galleon?"

"GLENN!"

"GERALD!"

"You know what I did was what I thought was the best for you."

"And all you wanted was to become their favourite son, to get all the money from their bloody will when they pop off. Evidently you only had what you wanted in mind, not my so-called well-being. Now get out. I have mediating to do."

The Match

Gerald settled into his seat next to Emile.

"How did it go?"

"About as well as you'd expect."

"Ah. Well then, there's always next year..."

"The problem is I'm not even sure if there'll be a next year."

"Don't be silly. Your parents will live a long life, I'm sure of it."

"All they want to do is to see him one last time, and he refuses! That silly argument was nine years ago..."

"You say the argument was silly, and it was nine years ago, but it's the thing that keeps him going."

The match started, and Gerald watched as his brother looked noticably off form, only to have his suspicions confirmed when he flew head-first into a Bludger.

After fifteen goals for each team, the Llaman Seeker caught the Snitch and the Tumbran team trooped off into the changing room.

"Ah. Well. I'm not sure you should go ask him again after this... the Prophet will be all over him in a moment." Emile said.

But Gerald was already gone.

After the Match

"I don't wish to talk about what happened today. It was just bad luck." Glenn smiled to the reporter.

The reporter nodded and walked off. Glenn turned around and saw the face of Gerald.

"You again."

"Look, all they want for Christmas is to see you-"

"Look, all they want for Christmas is to see you again, bla bla bla." Glenn said in a mocking tone. "Fuck off."
Last edited by Tumbra on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:18 am

Daily Prophet - Magical Sports Section - Lucius Polk

Electrum in the lead in Group C

In a stunning turn of events, in what some analysts (well, just us) called the group of death, where Electrum was drawn into a group with Gradea, Equestrian States, or the last Quidditch hosts, Starblaydia, a team which has been here since the very first edition and San Jose Guayabal. However, with wins over San Jose Guayabal and the Equestrian States, Electrum has a real and fighting chance of making it towards the playoffs. This edition is the first time Electrum has entered - indeed - there were many discussions in the Department of Magic on whether or not to join, but in the end, they decided too. They decided to foster international goodwill and relations between the witches, wizards, warlocks and other magical creatures of the world.

In Electrum's first match against San Jose Guayabal, Electrum sailed to a comfortable victory of 110-380. Before the snitch, that would be 110-230, so Electrum was truly ahead of points, having double the score of San Jose Guayabal's. The beaters did an excellent job in injuring the opposition, with the big brawn of Malvin and Lorraine knocking the other team off their brooms and preventing their chasers from scoring. Meanwhile, on our attacking end, the quaffles were going through the hoops like a leaky colander.

The second match were against group favourites Equestrian States who were widely expected to win given their experience. There must have been something in our team's food (hopefully not Felix Felicis) that made them do so much better. It must be Antony Latham's and Katrina Pinkstone's leadership which must have really buzzed them before hand, as it is quite difficult to play against a team of flying horses. In fact, quite a few different strategies were required for Electrum to eventually prevail. Electrum was leading 210-150, before winning 360-150.

For starters, to alter their strategy, Pinkstone got the beaters to aim the bludgers at the wings, so that they would not be able to fly as highly as they would have liked. Although some view this as mean, as long as there was no significant injury (which there wasn't), and no fouls were committed, then it is fair play. Then, the keeper, Warren Alsace just made sure to keep an eye on the ponies legs, and adjusted his positioning exactly to where they were going to hit. Although the quaffles were thrown in quite fast, he was able to predict where they were most of the time, preventing those all important points from being added to the total. Rob Martin in both games did an excellent job in finding the snitch, using his keen sense of sight and increased concentration to get the job done.

It's the team's ability to alter their strategy to suit the team which should be widely applauded. And in fact, they might just be the underdog team to win their first ever Quidditch World Cup.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:48 pm

SMRN Interview

Fortunata Atrius of the Saintland Magical Radio Network secured an interview with Sanctii seeker Lucas Falerius and keeper Albinus Cocceius after the Saintland Quidditch Team's victory against Venta de la Mesilla moved the defending champions to 2-0 in the Quidditch World Cup.

Fortunata Atrius - Our Quidditch team continues to look impressive in the current World Cup, where they have outscored their opposition by a remarkable 350 points. So far, they have defeated the Northern Sunrise Islands and Venta de la Mesilla. With their arch-rivals from the last World Cup, Ferkas, not participating in this edtion, our witches and wizards are widely considered the favorite to win this year. To discuss the challenges of competing in the Quidditch World Cup, please welcome Lucas Falerius and Albinus Cocceius to the Saintland Magical Radio Network.

Lucas Falerius - Thank you, Fortunata.

Fortunata Atrius - No, thank you Lucas for speaking with us. First off, Lucas, you seem to have fully recovered from that bludger shot against Kriegiersien at the last World Cup.

Lucas Falerius - I guess I have. Honestly, I can't remember anything that happened at that match or for several days afterward.

Albinus Cocceius - It was absolutely horrific. I've never seen a bludger strike anybody with such velocity.

Lucas Falerius - I can't change the past, though. All I can do is put it behind me and continue playing quidditch.

Fortunata Atrius - I guess so. How does World Cup competition differ from league competition, Albinus?

Albinus Cocceius - Its a dramatic difference. In the World Cup, we're playing against the best players from all of the nations of our multiverse, not just the best from our own nation.

Fortunata Atrius - Indeed. I can see how international competition would be much more difficult. Are there any nations in particular that concern either of you?

Lucas Falerius - The one I'm most concerned about is Umbra Ignis. They put up quite a fight in our group last year.

Albinus Cocceius - Personally, I'm more concerned with Taeshan and The Babbage Islands. Taeshan are the only other returning semi-finalist from the last World Cup and we all know that there's no shame in losing to Ferkas. On the other hand, The Babbage Islands have quite the reputation, from the past.

Fortunata Atrius - What about Starblaydia? They're the only other World Cup champion competing in this edition.

Lucas Falerius - Well, you can't ever count out the first World Cup champions, but they haven't done much lately.

Albinus Cocceius - One team that concerns me is the Qocaekian Isles. They won their only match thus far by 380 points.

Lucas Falerius - But, you can't really judge them by one match.

Fortunata Atrius - Indeed, you can't. No team has won the World Cup more than once.

Lucas Falerius - I wouldn't count out a first-time winner. We were a first-time winner last time.

Fortunata Atrius - Unfortunately, we have run out of time. How to Train your House-Elf is next...
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:06 pm

"That was well-flown, team."
"Thank you, Master Corwin." Feri Wells regarded her teammates. "Good job keeping the bludgers on them and not us, Harriette. Mandy." A general chorus of cheers greeted her words.
"Those ponies are hard to slow down."
"Damn straight, girl."
"But we did it, Mandy. You did."
"Did what we had to do, we did."
A bass voice rumbled from the back. "So who's next, skipper?"
"We get third place Venta de la Mesilla next, Joost. Saintland beat 'em, no surprise there."
"Guess not, but they've got some talent."
"True."
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Quidditch World Cup VI

CUT-OFF

Day three is over with and the results are incoming from the Magical Realms of the islands. Here's a festive song!

Edit:
Once again, apologizes for the delay.
Last edited by Star United States on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Group Stage, Day 3

Postby Star United States » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Quidditch World Cup VI

GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY THREE

QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP VI - GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY THREE - RESULTS
Group A @ Air Site
Thebear 100–470 Star United States
The Qocaekian Isles 410–160 Umbra Ignis

1 The Qocaekian Isles 2 2 0 840 210 +630 6
2 Star United States 2 2 0 710 330 +380 6
3 Dainer 2 1 1 540 380 +160 3
4 Umbra Ignis 3 1 2 650 890 −240 3
5 Thebear 3 0 3 320 1250 −930 0

Group B @ Aboveland
Celestial Empire [Kirigiri-no-Mikoto] 480–200 Neyosil
Walamzia 200–310 Taeshan

1 Taeshan 3 3 0 1000 510 +490 9
2 Walamzia 2 1 1 510 400 +110 3
3 Celestial Empire [Kirigiri-no-Mikoto] 3 1 2 780 810 −30 3
4 Neyosil 2 1 1 520 610 −90 3
5 New North Aqmuland 2 0 2 230 710 −480 0

Group C @ Waterfall Park
Equestrian States 190–370 Starblaydia
Gradea 90–330 Electrum

1 Electrum 3 3 0 1070 350 +720 9
2 Starblaydia 2 2 0 660 260 +400 6
3 Equestrian States 3 1 2 580 910 −330 3
4 Gradea 2 0 2 270 570 −300 0
5 San Jose Guayabal 2 0 2 180 670 −490 0

Group D @ Star Wizardry Sports Center
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 90–420 Poland Lithuania and Ukraine
Yttribia 420–230 Darvale

1 Poland Lithuania and Ukraine 2 2 0 1080 110 +970 6
2 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 2 1 960 700 +260 6
3 Yttribia 2 1 1 480 730 −250 3
4 Darvale 3 1 2 680 1010 −330 3
5 Patistan 2 0 2 240 890 −650 0

Group E @Stadium 6
Venta de la Mesilla 180–240 The Babbage Islands
Jeckland 50–550 Saintland

1 Saintland 3 3 0 1250 400 +850 9
2 The Babbage Islands 2 2 0 530 310 +220 6
3 Venta de la Mesilla 3 1 2 630 750 −120 3
4 Northern Sunrise Islands 2 0 2 310 590 −280 0
5 Jeckland 2 0 2 160 830 −670 0

Group F @ House of Winds
The Sarian 80–560 Super-Llamaland
Darmen 300–220 Cosumar

1 Super-Llamaland 2 2 0 860 230 +630 6
2 Darmen 2 2 0 620 380 +240 6
3 Cosumar 3 1 2 890 790 +100 3
4 Tumbra 2 1 1 550 550 000 3
5 The Sarian 3 0 3 330 1300 −970 0

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:07 am

Family Ties

Continued from previous RP

"Fuck off!"

"They just want to see you! You don't even have to acknowledge them as mother and father!"

"FUCK OFF I SAID!"

"We're your family..."

"I have no family."

That statement drew icicles right into the middle of Gerald's chest. His brother...publicly announcing that they weren't brothers anymore? He'd always been headstrong, but to renounce family ties? That was a bit too much. Even for Gerald.

He'd put up with his brother's crap, covering up whenever he'd gone out drunk denouncing the Ministry, making sure reporters didn't publish stories about his orgies with six other men and women every other Friday, or that he'd once hit his wife so hard that she passed out in a fit of pique, resulting in Gerald having to fly all the way, bring Cayena to a specialised hospital that never kept any records, having to mind-wipe Glenn and Cayena and letting her know that she fell and hit her head on a table, and he repaid him with this?

His brother's private life was just one giant cesspool, and Gerald was the one cleaning up.

Glenn stormed off. Gerald followed him.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?"

They were in the middle of a giant field.

"I REPEAT, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?"

Glenn towered over Gerald despite being the younger brother.

"Stupefy!"
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Venta de la Mesilla
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Venta de la Mesilla » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:31 am

“Have to keep this part hidden from the muggles,” van Doren said conspiratorially to Tomas as they entered the building. They descended a flight of stairs, bags in hand, and came into a bigger room, filled with benches like an airport or a hospital waiting room.They found a bench in the corner, next to a trench containing what Tomas assumed were the railroad tracks. He realized he’d never seen a train before, but he supposed this must be what a train station looked like. A tunnel seemed to run through one side of the large room and out the other.

“Good to see you, Johan,” said a friendly voice from behind them, and Tomas turned around to see a man in a duster similar to van Doren’s standing behind them, smiling. “I see you’ve brought one with you. What’s your name son?”

“T-tomas,” Tomas answered quietly. “Tomas Alacran.”

“Good to meet you, Tomas. That’s quite a nice hat you have there. Is that for a football team?”

Tomas had almost forgotten the flatbrimmed Diamondbacks hat he was wearing, and touched it self-consciously before he registered the question. The man was smiling knowingly, as though there were some secret between them.

“No, no sir,” said Tomas, “Baseball. Arizona Diamondbacks.”

“Arizona? I suppose that’s around here somewhere. I am Dr. Jaime Ramirez. I teach potions at Silverwick.”

He put out a hand and Tomas shook it tentatively, unsure of what “potions” was. Ramirez seemed nice enough, a Latin man in his thirties with a light coat of scruff on his face. He had an accent, though Tomas couldn’t place it and it didn’t sound Mexican. He carried a black shoulderbag that looked heavy and wore a somewhat garish black fedora to accent his duster.

“Jaime,” said van Doren, “I’ve got to get to the bakkie. I don’t suppose you could?”

He made a gesture at Tomas that was probably intended to be subtle, although it succeeded about as well as if van Doren had done a Broadway dance number instead. Ramirez looked at him in confusion for a moment, then nodded.

“Oh,” he said, “Yes, of course. I can get him to the school for you.”

Ramirez sat down on the nearest bench pensively, and studied Tomas’s bags. When his hazel eyes reached the Marine Corps duffelbag into which Mom had packed, in Tomas’s opinion, way too many clothes, his eyes flared as though he was realizing something. He looked up at Tomas with something like understanding in his eyes.

“There are three houses at Silverwick,” he explained, “House Whistlebrisk, House Bronskittel, and House Simza. The students in the houses live together and take certain classes together. I was a Bronskittel myself. You’ll see when you get there.”

Deciding he needed time to think about that, Tomas fixed his attention on the train tracks, pulling the brim of his cap low over his eyes to keep the stares from the other kids and their parents off.
Map
MPL 2 Runners-up
MPL Cup semifinalists

OOC Reference

Walamzia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Walamzia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:50 am

Scene: The training ground. Walamzian Quidditch play-by-play commentator Harry Weasley addresses the team. Weasley is a Quidditch legend in Walamzia.

Now, look at how lucky you are. We've lost 2 in a row, yet we're still in fucking second on a massive point difference, thanks to our Chasers. Keeper, you're doin aleright, haven't seen many howlers. Beaters... are you as blind as that bat you carry? Your objective is to aim the Bludgers toward the guys in colored kits, NOT the ones in white. How can I make that any clearer? Paint your fucking brooms? And you

*addressing the Seeker*

You know how many matches I lost for my teams through the years because I didn't catch a Snitch that was 2 feet in front of me? Zero! I'll bet the people watching on TV caught my frustration with you. How did you even get picked for the team? Daddy's Headmaster of the Magical Academy? Is that it? Let's see how you feel about this: Levicorpus!

*The Seeker's sleeping pills and 3 bottles of Adderall fall out of his pockets. Everyone else laughs.*

You think this is funny? *picks up a bottle of Adderall* What's this for? Attention deficit disorder? An inability to focus? Makes sense... considering last game. Liberacorpus!

*His body twists back to normal. He's dizzy.*

Reserves, take him to the nurse. Meanwhile, while your so-called "manager" wakes up, I want all of you running the steps of this stadium. If he doesn't know how to manage Walamzia's supposed "best" Quidditch players, then I'll step down from commentary and do the job.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports