NATION

PASSWORD

The World Bowl Discussion Thread (OOC, version II)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:How is Equestrian States throwing up shutouts left and right with no RP bonus? >:(

High starting rank and a group with low RP levels (besides you). Your chances are good if you keep goin' :)
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Keystone Islands
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Keystone Islands » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:51 am

Will be posting as a puppet of Armeia...
A colony of Armeia, where the majority of the population live.

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:51 am

Keystone Islands wrote:Will be posting as a puppet of Armeia...

Confirming.
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Thereisnogodistan
Attaché

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Thereisnogodistan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:16 am

Ah! Thereisnogodistan impostor!

jk :D
Part of Abanhfleft's Esportivan colony of the Fhulghamous Peninsula.
Runner-up of the Baptism of Iron XVII

For anything I want to say in a sig

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:18 am

Thereisnogodistan wrote:

Ah! Thereisnogodistan impostor!

jk :D

Haha, the flag actually relates to the name XD
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:37 pm

I will get an RP bonus for the two part RP that I just posted with my main account and my puppet, right? I decided to use the puppet because most of the characters from this line of RPs are from the Keystone Islands, the Armeian colony.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Yes, both posts will be taken into account when assigning your RP bonus.
Last edited by Cosumar on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Seriously, what's with all the shutouts in this tourney?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Whittoria
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:58 pm

I'm so happy y'all are still using the flag I made for the World Bowl account.
I did the football and racing thing. I also was good at writing dumb stuff.

WAC is still going. You should join.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Seriously, what's with all the shutouts in this tourney?

Probably because we're using the old scorinator, not the Saintland one.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Seriously, what's with all the shutouts in this tourney?

Probably because we're using the old scorinator, not the Saintland one.

No, I actually am using the Saintland one.

But after looking at the last World Bowl, which also used Saintland's formula, there aren't really that many more shutouts this time around. A lot of them have just been in Kaboomlandia's group for some reason.
Last edited by Cosumar on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:09 am

Yay! Off to the playoffs again!
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:50 am

*notices that I'm ranked second in the Group of Death going into MD10*

So, you're telling me there's a chance?

If I make it into the knockouts, that's one of the best quasi-upsets ever considering that these are my first ever national team games and I'm going against the number one and number twelve teams as well as another top fifty team.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:47 am

AARGH! I was three points from the group title in B. Which means I get to face Timbermunich - again.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:51 am

WOW! I survived the group of death!!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:25 am

I'm getting a lot of deja vu in this tournament.
- 8-2
- 7-game winning streak
- Up against Timbermunich in Round of 16

Sound familiar?
Co-Author of SC #204

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:43 pm

We'll see if we can send you home again too ;)

Though it would be fitting for your side to give us our first loss and send us packing...

Not sure if I'll get an RP in today, it is an off day right?
Hosting: TWT
puppet of HopNation
don't look at me, I have no idea what's going on

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey,im wondering if one of you can lend me a nice football roster in case I join next World Bowl. This one wasnt 'public' enough for me and I needed a roster aswell.
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:21 am

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:Hey,im wondering if one of you can lend me a nice football roster in case I join next World Bowl. This one wasnt 'public' enough for me and I needed a roster aswell.

You're definitely welcome to sign up for the next World Bowl. Just look for the World Bowl XXVIII Signup Thread (likely around the end of the gridiron season).

Unfortunately, you're going to need to produce your own roster for the World Bowl. You can use somebody else's roster format as a template but you need to make up your own names for your players (and there are several web sites that can help you come up with names). At a minimum, a roster just needs to be a list of names and positions for the players on your team though you can add more details if you want to.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Host Notice: Round of 16 cut-off may be an hour or two later than usual tonight.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Saintland wrote:
The Central Shadow Nation wrote:Hey,im wondering if one of you can lend me a nice football roster in case I join next World Bowl. This one wasnt 'public' enough for me and I needed a roster aswell.

You're definitely welcome to sign up for the next World Bowl. Just look for the World Bowl XXVIII Signup Thread (likely around the end of the gridiron season).

Unfortunately, you're going to need to produce your own roster for the World Bowl. You can use somebody else's roster format as a template but you need to make up your own names for your players (and there are several web sites that can help you come up with names). At a minimum, a roster just needs to be a list of names and positions for the players on your team though you can add more details if you want to.

I know,just needed a blank roster template. I'll add my own stuff such as stadium features. Hint,blank. So,is it okay if I copy one of yours and clear out the names with some new ones for my team?
Last edited by The Central Shadow Nation on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:27 am

No shortage of upsets in the Ro16 :p
Co-Author of SC #204

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:31 am

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:
Saintland wrote:

I know,just needed a blank roster template. I'll add my own stuff such as stadium features. Hint,blank. So,is it okay if I copy one of yours and clear out the names with some new ones for my team?

That'd be fine.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Saintland wrote:
The Central Shadow Nation wrote:I know,just needed a blank roster template. I'll add my own stuff such as stadium features. Hint,blank. So,is it okay if I copy one of yours and clear out the names with some new ones for my team?

That'd be fine.

Thanks,And one more question,how long until the next WB?

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:35 pm

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:
Saintland wrote:
That'd be fine.

Thanks,And one more question,how long until the next WB?

I'll likely open signups toward the end of the upcoming World Cup but that depends on the new NSCF commissioner's planned timetable for the next season as well. Regardless, signups for the next World Bowl will open sometime before the end of the current NFL season.
Why I left NS Sports

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports