NATION

PASSWORD

20th World Lacrosse Championships (Sign-ups)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
World Lacrosse Championships
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

20th World Lacrosse Championships (Sign-ups)

Postby World Lacrosse Championships » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Welcome to the Twentieth edition of the World Lacrosse Championships!

Nation States longest running premier lacrosse world championship is back. Through out its nineteen edition history twelve nations have beaten the world to lift the most sought after lacrosse championship trophy and bring pride to their nation and start their own legacy. The defending World Lacrosse Champions are Paradystopia, but at the end of this edition it could be you!

Post here to sign up for the tournament and also to bid to become host. Host bids must include form of scorination, format, and RP grading/bonus and some hosting experience is not required by highly preferred anything else is not necessary, but highly encouraged.

New to NS Sports?
Guide to Sports Roleplaying

Host
Cosumar

Sign-ups (27/??)
New West Guiana
Jeckland
Britonisea
The Sarian
Cosumar
Patistan
Abanhfleft
Nassau-Hessen
Kemobon
Val Halla
The Unbroken
United States of Minton
United States Of Devonta
Ko-oren
Estenia
Serbian Orthodox Church(Estenia)
German zerabithea
The Kytler Peninsulae
Estope
Chiata
England-Ireland
Darvale
Semarland
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Waldriech
Electrum
Star United States
Last edited by World Lacrosse Championships on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
Discussion Thread | Friendly Thread | Official WLC Rankings (post-41) | History

Currently controlled by Commonwealth of Baker Park. Direct all telegrams to that nation.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:22 pm

WAY too early to start these, may end in disaster.

Nevertheless, if it's this or nothing, I'm in.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 am

Britonisea signs up please.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:17 am

Jeckland wrote:WAY too early to start these, may end in disaster.

Nevertheless, if it's this or nothing, I'm in.

Same sentiment, but also in.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 am

Cosumar is in. Host bid forthcoming.

As a few of us pointed out in the Discussion thread, it might not be the best idea to start WLC 20 at the same time as the World Cup.

If my bid is successful, I may hold off on starting the event until Qualifying is at least halfway completed. Maybe until it's over completely. I am flexible, however, and would be willing to adapt to whatever timeframe is agreed to be best.
Last edited by Cosumar on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:32 am

Cosumar’s official bid to host the 20th World Lacrosse Championships

Who the heck is Cosumar? OOC Information.

Hi there! I, the user behind Cosumar, have been an active member of this fantastic community for quite some time now. 4.5 years to be exact, having first dived into the world of NS Sports in May of 2010. It really doesn’t feel like it’s been that long…*sigh*. Anyways, hardly a day has gone by since then where I haven’t visited these forums. If there’s one thing you count on, it’s that I’ll always be ‘round these parts. My roleplay output has waxed and waned at various times throughout my NS Sports tenure, but overall I would say I have been a fairly consistent and active RPer who has earned the trust of the community.

My hosting experience includes Beach Cup II, Beach Cup V and The Delman Tour (a tennis tournament from the now-defunct International Tennis Association). I also scorinated conferences in NSCAA 3, NSCAA 4, NSCF 4, NSCF 5, and NSCF 10. All were successful events hosted to completion without any hiccups. Furthermore, I run a domestic newswire for everything related to Cosumar sports (including a 182-club football pyramid currently on its 12th season).

That's nice. But what is Cosumar? IC Information.

Cosumar is a kingdom in northeastern Atlantian Oceania near Audioslavia, Thatius and Ratastan (of course, the people of your nation probably learned this in grade-school geography). What is now known as Cosumar was first discovered almost a millennium ago by hopelessly lost overseas migrants of mixed European origin, who crashed ashore on the east coast of Klyde Isle in Year 0 of the Cosumarite calendar (current year is 999). Cosumar was completely uninhabited, except for the indigenous Vloo people (species homo cosumarensis) who occupied the Western Isles off the opposite coast.

Today, Cosumar is technically a Fiefdom, which means Cosumar is comprised of 21 historical "fiefs", which are now effectively provinces. The government is a constitutional monarchy (though the word “constitutional” may be a stretch) currently led by the benevolent and beloved King James II. Our nation believes wholeheartedly in complete civil rights, the preservation of nature, the exploration of outer space, and - of course - the competitive spirit of sport.

The Fiefdom consists of a large landmass called Cosumarus (roughly 70% the size of Australia) and a smaller one known as Klyde Isle to the east. The Western Isles, a few archipelagos off the west coast, are encompassed by the Fiefdom as well. The total population was approximately 500 Million after the 990 Census.

Using this map, you can note the various cities and regions of Cosumar. Most of the largest population centers (Kaldukosic, Ramusok, Centus) are on the east coast. This is where most of the WLC’s fixtures would be held. The weather there is quite moderate, with chilly but not severe winters and warm but not hot summers and remarkably pleasant autumn/spring seasons. Other regions of Cosumar (like the frigid northern peninsula, arid central desert and tropical southwest) vary wildly, however.

As one of the world’s leaders in space travel and science, Cosumar also has several well-developed extraterrestrial colonies and territories that are a crucial part of our economic system. Cosumar is also strongly cultured, with diverse and vibrant art and music scenes thriving in most urban areas. Despite boasting sophisticated transportation, communication and infastructure, Cosumarites maintain strong links to their past. In fact, neopaganism and other folk religions are among the most common religions (though a majority of Cosumarites are atheist). Cosumar is divided into "urban" and "nature" divisions that are kept separate, allowing the Fiefdom to progress while still maintaining the wonderful natural features unique to Cosumar (such as the famous Cosumarite Azure Dragons that inhabit the Northern Peninsula and have been immortalized by our flag and team name).

Most Cosumarites have chips implanted in their brain that allow them to process most of the world's major languages, so communication is never a problem when hosting international events. Because Cosumar is such a patchwork of diverse heritages, this was necessary to make sure everybody could communicate efficiently. The default language is English, but Swedish, Welsh, Vloo, Spanish, Esperanto, Norwegian, Finnish, Latvian, and Japanese all have regions where they are commonly spoken.

Should Cosumar’s bid be accepted, further details regarding specific venues and accommodations will be provided. Rest assured, only the finest facilities in Cosumar will have the honor of hosting your teams!

What is the lacrosse scene like in Cosumar?

Cosumar has a proud tradition of excellence in the World Lacrosse Championships, including 2nd place results in WLC 12 and 19 and a 3rd place result in WLC 18. Though still in search of their first WLC title, the Dragons’ runner-up finish in the last edition was enough to propel Cosumar into the top spot in the international rankings.

With international success came domestic growth. The Cosumarite Lacrosse League (CLL) had just six struggling franchises 20 years ago. But demand for the sport has boomed in the time since, and the league has expanded to 24 teams. Most major markets in Cosumar now have a thriving lacrosse presence and shiny new stadiums. Cosumarite teams did well at the first IDLA competitions, with the Zakhoro Immortals advancing to the Challenge Cup semifinals before falling to Willington of West Guiana (Unolia).

Though the CLL's attendance and TV ratings are still dwarfed by soccer (FSF) and american football (CFA), its surging popularity and high quality of play have made Cosumar something of an international leader for the sport. Hosting the WLC itself would be a huge step for solidifying this beautiful game’s place in the Cosumar sports pantheon. There’s no better place to celebrate the 20th anniversary of international lacrosse.

The Important Stuff: Tournament Format & Details

As per tradition, the first round will consist of the group stage. I generally prefer single round robin formats with 6-8 teams per group (5-7 group stage matches). EDIT: Final number of signups is 30. The format I will use is now listed below.

• 30 sign-ups: 5 groups of 6. Top 2 in each group + 2 wildcards advance to a 12-team knockout round, with the best four teams receiving a bye to the Round of 8.

From there, the remaining teams advance to a knockout stage, a single-elimination tournament. The first tiebreaker will be Head To Head, followed by Wins, GD, and GF. The teams will be seeded based on group phase performance and the matchups will be determined accordingly. This is how the seeding for a 12-team bracket works.

Please see my above post regarding the timing of the tournament.

Puppets will be allowed, but they must be declared. No more than 2 nations per user.

More Important Stuff: Scorination & RP Bonus

Scores will be generated using the Lacrosse module of xkoranate 0.3.3.

The initial skill modifiers will be set using the Post-WLC19 Rankings.

Roleplays will be assessed on a scale from 0-5, on increments of 0.1 (so, the maximum bonus for one cutoff window is 0.5, which is rare). This is a strong RP bonus in keeping with the WLC’s spirit of open competition, while still rewarding nations with past success. There will be a separate bonus for rosters. All posts by a single nation during the same cutoff window will be considered as one RP. Quality is more important than quantity, with RPs displaying outstanding creativity, writing, humor or effort (etc.) earning the most points. RP Bonus will be cumulative as the event progresses. A third-party scorinator will be obtained for any knockout stage games involving the Cosumarite team.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post them. I’ll try to reply as promptly as possible.
Last edited by Cosumar on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:14 am

In...host bid might come
]

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:18 am

If I must, I must.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:36 am

Must. Do. Well.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Nassau-Hessen
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nassau-Hessen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Count me in please.

Kemobon
Attaché

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Mus. Play. This. Now. IMMEDIATELY!
KEMOBON!
Nation- Kemobon| Region: Atlantan Oceania| Capital: Runtrown

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Sure, count me in.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Unbroken
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unbroken » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Sign me up.

United States of Minton
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Minton » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:12 pm

The United States Minton would like to join

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby World Lacrosse Championships » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:00 am

Sign-ups updated.

Currently controlled by Commonwealth of Baker Park. Direct all telegrams to that nation.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:22 pm

In!
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:31 pm

In!
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:07 am

I prenconfirm the sign up of my greatest puppet Foroyar.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Serbian Orthodox Church
Envoy

Founded: Apr 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Serbian Orthodox Church » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:09 am

Estenia wrote:I prenconfirm the sign up of my greatest puppet Foroyar.

Yeah, confirm me in this great piece of paper. I'll be active.

German Zerabithea
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby German Zerabithea » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:20 pm

In
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.

Sports Accomplishments
Winner of the 1st International Golfing Open! (Women)
Perfect season win in World Bowl 20

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Kytlerians are back...
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Estope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Estope » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:45 pm

In
Soccer: 61st (14.33 pts.) | Football: 26th (9.08 pts.) | Baseball: 13th (3.23 pts.) | Rugby: 13th (5.07 pts.)
Hockey: 11th (16.85 pts.) | Basketball: 25th (2.73 pts.) | Lacrosse: 4th (37.62 pts.)
Maklohi Vai Tournament (Baseball)
Esportiva Union Cup II (Rugby)
Estope Open
World Bowl XXIII
Maple Leaf Bowl III

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Signin' up
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

England-Ireland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby England-Ireland » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:30 am

signed up
Prime minister: Wilson Churchill
The south Lebanon conflict- Victory
7th arvenian civil war- victory
VERMONTE strip war-victory [
2nd Lebanon conflict-Victory
'I'm 17 im conservative future Us marine history buff
SEMPER FIDELS THE PROUD THE FEW

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby World Lacrosse Championships » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports