NATION

PASSWORD

Copa Internationale de Futbol

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abidawe
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Scrimmages Between Abidawe and Farlandria?

Postby Abidawe » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 am

CIF News
Special Report

This just in, reports of Abidawe requesting a few scrimmage matches with Farlandria's side to prepare for the first friendly, we are not certain at this time if there is any malicious intent behind this request but considering the fact that Forward Logan Coleman is known for seriously injuring players when angered we wouldn't be surprised if there were. President Thomas Bascom pushed aside these allegations in a press meeting after the news of the request and the incumbent arrival of the Farlandria team by saying:

"We understand why people would believe that there may be some malicious intent behind the request of a scrimmage against the Farlandria side but I am here today to squash those rumors. We are taking precautions to ensure that my colleague Logan Coleman does not just decide to injure a player. We hope that these matches can be fair throughout the tournament and our way of ensuring that they will be includes keeping players from every side healthy."

The sides are all looking great, Abidawe actually had an early scrimmage against Santa Rubio after the announcement of the roster. That game went smoothly for the Abidas as they took the match 15-2 with goals coming from Bascom with 6, Coleman with 5, Messi with 3 and the rookie Zachary Elliot with 1. Both of the Santa Ruban goals came from rookie Forward Owen Greene-Wazchowski. The game was probably the cleanest in history with no fouls throughout the game. Santa Ruban Coach Brandon Manero was not available for a comment after the game.

Michael Strahan
Chief Editor
CIF News
Last edited by Abidawe on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

England-Ireland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby England-Ireland » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:56 am

There-I nation team is boarding theirplane
Prime minister: Wilson Churchill
The south Lebanon conflict- Victory
7th arvenian civil war- victory
VERMONTE strip war-victory [
2nd Lebanon conflict-Victory
'I'm 17 im conservative future Us marine history buff
SEMPER FIDELS THE PROUD THE FEW

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:45 am

Parker and Dawson laugh off Abidawe rumors

Having landed in Abidawe yesterday, the Farlandrian national team manager Adrian Parker and captain Daniel Dawson gave a press conference from the squad hotel.

Parker seemed in relaxed mood as he told the gathered international press "Yeah, our travel went smoothly and to plan, we're obviously all checked into the hotel. Some of the boys are quiet tired, it's been a long flight so today will just be a rest day, I think Daniel and I and some of the other members of the coaching side will head over to our training facilities tonight just to have a look and see what we're dealing with, I've no doubt they'll be top standard facilities. We're looking forward to our time, we're all immensely excited".

The question then turned to the request for friendly matches to be set up between Farlandria and Abidawe, with the alleged intent of letting the two teams take out their hostilities on one another. To this, 28 year old Dawson appeared confused, saying "We've not heard anything about that. It seems strange to me at least, why would we want to play a warm up for a warm up game? December 5th is merely a friendly, not a competitive match. It'd be nice to play a few friendlies against the other teams as well maybe before the competitive stuff but I can't sasy I'm itching to play friendly after friendly against Abidawe just to prepare for a friendly against Abidawe [laughing] besides, if they want to rearrange the date of the first match then they need to contact the FAFC and talk to the fixtures secretary, players aren't the ones who make that decision."

The questioning then turned to the alleged rivalry between Abidawe and Farlandria, particularly the chances of defensive midfielder Shaun O'Malley tangling with Thomas Bascom or Logan Coleman. Dawson was clearly in relaxed mood as he fielded the questions, laughing at the suggestion O'Malley had any particular players in his sights. "No, look, people are making a fuss over nothing. Shaun isn't a dirty player, he isn't going to target anyone. He made a few light hearted comments and joked about the chance to play a major politician in a game of football, people need to relax and stop trying to stir the pot. We couldn't care less about Abidawe at this stage, this camp is for us, it's about our preparation and letting us be at the top of our game. Coleman and Bascom are entirely irrelevant, we wouldn't talk about them if you journos didn't ask."

The final question was then pitched to the pair, asking if there was any concern over the conduct of Logan Coleman given recent comments by Thomas Bascom. Dawson seemed to stiffen slightly, but still dismissed the question briskly "Not at all. As I said, Coleman isn't in our minds. If he has plans to come over and try to deliberately injure our players, fine, we're all big grown men and we look out for each other. When we step out on to the field, our only focus will be on playing high quality, committed football. We aren't scared of anyone."

Farlandrian manager Adrian Parker, seemed somewhat more serious on the matter of Coleman, saying "I have heard the comments made by Boscom, and if I'm honest they do trouble me slightly. Not in regard to my team, but in regards of a man who has given his life to football and wants to see it played properly. The fact they seem to have a player, an important player who is willing and focused on 'seriously injuring' other professionals and hurting another human being is worrying on a moral level. However it is their responsibility, they must control their players and I would be extremely disappointed in Abidawe if they fielded players who didn't uphold the spirit of sportsmanship and protect the integrity of the game. But as I say, it is up to each individual nation to control their players and make sure their conduct is in keeping with the standards expected both on and off the pitch. I know my players aren't scared by Coleman, it'd be laughable to suggest otherwise. If he really is such a loose cannon maybe it should be Abidawe who are more worried about him getting sent off and potentially costing them matches"

England-Ireland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby England-Ireland » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:47 am

Farlandria wrote:Farlandria prepare for Copa Internationale de Futbol

The Farlandian national team today flies out to Abidawe to begin training and preparation for the upcoming Copa Internationale de Futbol. Speaking before boarding their departing flight from Carston International Airport, captain Daniel Dawson spoke briefly to gathered journalists:

"Yeah, we're all excited, I can't wait to get there and get the training camp underway. Obviously friendlies don't start for a few weeks but we wanna get out there, get used to playing in the local climate and local conditions, get comfortable where we'll be living and staying in a foreign country, then make sure we have plenty of time to get up to speed in training with our form and fitness, make sure we're on the money for the first friendly match which will all build towards the tournament. We need to make sure we're at our best so we can go out and give everything we have, apply ourselves as well as we can and represent our country and do ourselves justice and come home proud."

Friendlies kick off on december 5th with Farlandria facing off hosts and one of the tournament favorites, Abidawe.

the E-I national team wishes farlandia good luck

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Farlandria wrote:Parker and Dawson laugh off Abidawe rumors

Having landed in Abidawe yesterday, the Farlandrian national team manager Adrian Parker and captain Daniel Dawson gave a press conference from the squad hotel.

Parker seemed in relaxed mood as he told the gathered international press "Yeah, our travel went smoothly and to plan, we're obviously all checked into the hotel. Some of the boys are quiet tired, it's been a long flight so today will just be a rest day, I think Daniel and I and some of the other members of the coaching side will head over to our training facilities tonight just to have a look and see what we're dealing with, I've no doubt they'll be top standard facilities. We're looking forward to our time, we're all immensely excited".

The question then turned to the request for friendly matches to be set up between Farlandria and Abidawe, with the alleged intent of letting the two teams take out their hostilities on one another. To this, 28 year old Dawson appeared confused, saying "We've not heard anything about that. It seems strange to me at least, why would we want to play a warm up for a warm up game? December 5th is merely a friendly, not a competitive match. It'd be nice to play a few friendlies against the other teams as well maybe before the competitive stuff but I can't sasy I'm itching to play friendly after friendly against Abidawe just to prepare for a friendly against Abidawe [laughing] besides, if they want to rearrange the date of the first match then they need to contact the FAFC and talk to the fixtures secretary, players aren't the ones who make that decision."

The questioning then turned to the alleged rivalry between Abidawe and Farlandria, particularly the chances of defensive midfielder Shaun O'Malley tangling with Thomas Bascom or Logan Coleman. Dawson was clearly in relaxed mood as he fielded the questions, laughing at the suggestion O'Malley had any particular players in his sights. "No, look, people are making a fuss over nothing. Shaun isn't a dirty player, he isn't going to target anyone. He made a few light hearted comments and joked about the chance to play a major politician in a game of football, people need to relax and stop trying to stir the pot. We couldn't care less about Abidawe at this stage, this camp is for us, it's about our preparation and letting us be at the top of our game. Coleman and Bascom are entirely irrelevant, we wouldn't talk about them if you journos didn't ask."

The final question was then pitched to the pair, asking if there was any concern over the conduct of Logan Coleman given recent comments by Thomas Bascom. Dawson seemed to stiffen slightly, but still dismissed the question briskly "Not at all. As I said, Coleman isn't in our minds. If he has plans to come over and try to deliberately injure our players, fine, we're all big grown men and we look out for each other. When we step out on to the field, our only focus will be on playing high quality, committed football. We aren't scared of anyone."

Farlandrian manager Adrian Parker, seemed somewhat more serious on the matter of Coleman, saying "I have heard the comments made by Boscom, and if I'm honest they do trouble me slightly. Not in regard to my team, but in regards of a man who has given his life to football and wants to see it played properly. The fact they seem to have a player, an important player who is willing and focused on 'seriously injuring' other professionals and hurting another human being is worrying on a moral level. However it is their responsibility, they must control their players and I would be extremely disappointed in Abidawe if they fielded players who didn't uphold the spirit of sportsmanship and protect the integrity of the game. But as I say, it is up to each individual nation to control their players and make sure their conduct is in keeping with the standards expected both on and off the pitch. I know my players aren't scared by Coleman, it'd be laughable to suggest otherwise. If he really is such a loose cannon maybe it should be Abidawe who are more worried about him getting sent off and potentially costing them matches"

Bascom implores: "do not worry about Coleman, his conduct will not be of any matter as he will be required to refrain from any dangerous play. He will be suspended for a season and 5 international matches and fined US$5 Million if he is found to be doing so."

Coleman also states that in no way will he be intentionally injuring players in this tournament as: "we are all grown men, we need to leave everything behind when we walk onto the field and play fairly and morally representing our country. I know that O'Malley and I have had some prior issues with eachother but I hope that we can both leave them behind and play fairly."

Abidawe is reportedly talking with nations outside the tournament to get some more friendlies in to prepare for the tourney and hopefully get some more teams in. President Bascom states: "any teams in the tournament may schedule friendlies with other nations until the beginning of the scheduled friendlies in December. We hope that the teams involved can get more teams to join so this tourney may become even greater than we'd first hoped. Good luck!"
Region - The Commonwealth Federation
About Me
DEFCON Level: 5: Peacetime
Anglo-Abida War - VICTORY
Abida-Novaya War - VICTORY
Jongi Civil War - VICTORY
Pustoshi Civil War - VICTORY
On Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse:
Ailiailia wrote:I don't intend to survive. After six hours on General, I welcome the prospect of becoming a brainless zombie.

On Tim Tebow:
Bythyrona wrote:46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK.

Other:
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Hammer Britannia wrote:TRIGGERED, PERMA BANNED FOR CALLING ME A BOOK

Locougara
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Apply

Postby Locougara » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Donations: US$50,000,000
Locougara
Kingdom
The Confederation
King Logan Bascom

Roster

F Logan Bascom 10
F Edward Chaney 11
M Donald Riley 12
M Richard Tymes 13
M Sampson Richards 14
M Frederick Richards 15
D Ricardo Montoyez 16
D Samuel Heavensby 17
D William Champlain 18
D Edwardo Nunez 19
G Charles de Gaulle 20

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Games

Postby Abidawe » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:54 am

Game 1
December 5th @12:00 noon EST
Abidawe (ABD) vs. Farlandria (FAR)
Score Prediction:
BD 3 (Bascom - 3)
FAR 1 (O'Malley - 1)

Game 2
Great Britain and Belgium (GBB) vs. England-Ireland (E-I)
Score Prediction:
GBB 3 (Rooney - 3)
E-I 2 (Welbeck - 2)

Game 3
Santa Rubio (SR) vs. Locougara (LCR)
Score Prediction:
SR 2 (Greene-Wazchowski - 2)
LCR 2 (Bascom - 2)

Any questions about the games just send me a telegram and I will deal with any issues in the swiftest manner possible. Good luck to you all!
Last edited by Abidawe on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
About Me
Ailiailia wrote:I don't intend to survive. After six hours on General, I welcome the prospect of becoming a brainless zombie.

On Tim Tebow:
Bythyrona wrote:46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK.

Other:

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

FC Abidawe Takes Liga A Title

Postby Abidawe » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:00 am

FC Abidawe takes the title in Liga A leading to further speculations on their incredibly high odds of winning as most of their national team players are on FC Abidawe. Thomas Bascom and Logan Coleman were both ecstatic following the win and expressed extreme joy of the win and that they both "cannot wait for the CIF tourney to begin!"

Here is a link to the Article
Last edited by Abidawe on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:37 am

Murdock suffers training ground injury!

Farlandrian striker Tom Murdock was left facing an uphill battle to be fit in time for the rapidly approaching Copa Internationale de Futbol, after suffering what appeared to be a nasty injury in today's routine practise session.

While no official statement has been made regarding the 26 year old fitness, this reporter was part of the international press team given access to the session and was an eye witness to the incident. Murdock lept high in the air to compete for a header against centre back Orlando Pettigrew, but fell awkwardly before collapsing in a heap clutching his left knee. Murdock was treated by physios on the pitch before hobbling off, walking but with the assistance of a member of the medical team. Murdock did not take any further part in the session.

If the injury does prove to be a serious one, it could throw a spanner in the works of head coach Adrian Peters, as it's thought Murdock was the man tipped to lead the Farlandrian attack at the CIF. With their main man out injured, Farlandria may have to do plenty of reorganising prior to the competition. However, Murdock's absence could open the door for mercurial youngster Kirk Napier. Napier is one of the most highly rated prospect in Farlanrian football and many pundits will be watching with keen interest to see what impact the 20 year old Cricklefield Warriors striker can make at on the international scene.

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Farlandria wrote:Murdock suffers training ground injury!

Farlandrian striker Tom Murdock was left facing an uphill battle to be fit in time for the rapidly approaching Copa Internationale de Futbol, after suffering what appeared to be a nasty injury in today's routine practise session.

While no official statement has been made regarding the 26 year old fitness, this reporter was part of the international press team given access to the session and was an eye witness to the incident. Murdock lept high in the air to compete for a header against centre back Orlando Pettigrew, but fell awkwardly before collapsing in a heap clutching his left knee. Murdock was treated by physios on the pitch before hobbling off, walking but with the assistance of a member of the medical team. Murdock did not take any further part in the session.

If the injury does prove to be a serious one, it could throw a spanner in the works of head coach Adrian Peters, as it's thought Murdock was the man tipped to lead the Farlandrian attack at the CIF. With their main man out injured, Farlandria may have to do plenty of reorganising prior to the competition. However, Murdock's absence could open the door for mercurial youngster Kirk Napier. Napier is one of the most highly rated prospect in Farlanrian football and many pundits will be watching with keen interest to see what impact the 20 year old Cricklefield Warriors striker can make at on the international scene.

In response to the training injury suffered by the Farlandrian front man Tom Murdock, President Bascom issued an official statement saying that "medical experts in Abidawe have actually developed a new physical therapy that can cure any serious injury (some exceptions) within a week. Any team with personnel needing this treatment should send a telegram to Abidawe with all of the specifications on the injury."

Here is a template for the injury form:

Code: Select all
[b]Information for Patient Charts:[/b]
Player Name:
Player Position:
Jersey Number:

[b]Basic Information:[/b]
Injured Body Part:
Injury Type (i.e. Strain, Tear or Break):
Estimated Duration of Recovery With Normal Treatment:
Estimated Price of Normal Treatment:
Circumstance of Injury (How Did it Happen?):

[b]Extra Info:[/b]
Players Description of What Happened:
How Much Player Said it Hurt:
Where the Player Said it Hurt:
Other Players Involved in This Injury (and Nationality in Parentheses):
Location of Injury (Game, Practice or Outside of Soccer):
Is This a First Time Injury for the Player? Y/N:

[b]Waivers:[/b]
Do You Accept That Abidawe and its Doctors are Not in Any Way Responsible for Any Mishaps in Surgery? Y/N:
Does the Player Accept the Prior Condition? Y/N:
Do You Agree to Give Up Right to Press Charges for Any Possible Damages Resulting from the Treatment? Y/N:
Does the Player Accept the Prior Condition? Y/N:

All costs of these treatments will be put directly into the tournament. Good Luck to you all!

Thomas Bascom
President
Abidawe
Regional President
The Confederation
President and CEO
CIF
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Scores to games will be randomly selected by a randomizing device on random.org. Scores for teams will consistently be from 0-5 and I will randomly choose the goalscorers for your team with the device as well. If a game ends in a tie I will put the two teams in again and the team that is placed in first will be the winner by 1 point.

Here are the leaderboard breakdown for the points system:

Win - 4
OT Win - 2
Win in Penalties - 1
Loss - -1
OT Loss - -1
Lose in Penalties - 0
Shutout - 1
Blowout (Win by 4+) - 2
GD +5 for the Game (Blowout Points Included) - 3
If You are Shutout - -1
If You Lose by 4+ - -2
If Your GD for the Game is -5 - -3
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Why don't we just do it like normal football where it's 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, nothing for a defeat and goal difference decides league position...way simpler...

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Farlandria wrote:Why don't we just do it like normal football where it's 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, nothing for a defeat and goal difference decides league position...way simpler...

Sounds good to me haha, I like a bit of work for calculation but I guess we could stick with the simpler method to decrease the chance of human error
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:29 am

Well there's no point in pissing about with all your other scores. If the game ends a draw then just let it be a draw, unless it's a knock out game. Keep it simple :)

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:44 pm

2 days until the first games!

Finish your prepping for the games because these friendlies will give the first glimpse of your teams chances of taking this tourney, right now there are two favourites (again, randomly selected by a randomizing app) and they are Abidawe and Farlandria.

A new update on the score selecting process, for playoff games the final result will be determined in a best of three setting, the final score will be of the winning teams greatest victory. For the finals it will be a best of 5, this is to ensure that there will be no chance of a tie and to prevent any methods of fixing the matches (which I wouldn't end up doing in the first place but these are mainly precautions so you will feel more trustworthy of the outcomes) the scores will be on a scale from 0-5 for each game so some will be lopsided, that's the nature of it as it is all random.

The winning nation will also be granted a discount off of any items at the Abida Trade Depots which can be found in my forum post list and there is an extension of one in my dispatches (possibly a Factbook but I'm not certain at the moment).

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you guys enjoy the tournament and tell more people in your regions and allies of yours about it so we can make this one hell of a tourney in the future! Good luck to you all!

Thomas Bascom
President
Abidawe
Regional President
The Confederation
President and CEO
CIF
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:54 pm

OOC - Your scoring still seems way too complicated lol can you not just get a simulator program? Instead of this best of five stuff..?

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Farlandria wrote:OOC - Your scoring still seems way too complicated lol can you not just get a simulator program? Instead of this best of five stuff..?

If you are trusting me enough to not fix games (which I won't) then we can just do that, I already have one so the best of 5 stuff is still simple enough to work if we go with it. Depends what everyone thinks collectively
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:10 am

Personally I'd rather have it simulated. I assume most sims can go to extra time if scores are level. No IRL football competition that I knownof has five finals...not even two legs like they used to, that's why the best of five thing seems weird to me.

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:02 am

Sounds good then
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

England-Ireland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby England-Ireland » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:24 am

Abidawe wrote:Sounds good then

is it starting today

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:44 pm

The scores are going up soon
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:08 pm

List Randomizer

There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Farlandria
Abidawe
Timestamp: 2014-12-05 22:48:48 UTC

Abidawe 5 - Farlandria 2

Goals:
T.Bascom (C) (ABD) 5'
L.Coleman (C) (ABD) 8'
S.O'Malley (FAR) 10'
S.O'Malley (FAR) 11'
T.Bascom (C) (ABD) 47'
T.Bascom (C) (ABD) 63'
Z.Elliot (R) (ABD) 89'

Substitutions:
L.Coleman (C) (ABD) 70'
D.Dawson (C) (FAR) 72'
S.O'Malley (FAR) 78'

Fouls:
None

List Randomizer

E-I
GBB

Timestamp: 2014-12-05 22:55:36 UTC

GBB 4 - E-I 2

Goals:
E.Hazard (GBB) 1'
E.Hazard (GBB) 5'
J.Wilshire (GBB) 10'
W.Rooney (GBB) 25'
D.Welbeck (E-I) 55'
A.Lallana (E-I) 67'

Substitutions:
E.Hazard (GBB) 76'

Fouls:
None

List Randomizer

Locougara
Santa Rubio
Timestamp: 2014-12-05 23:01:00 UTC

Santa Rubio 4 - Locougara 1

Goals:
O.Greene-Wazchowski (C) (SR) 10'
C.Ronaldo (SR) 15'
L.Bascom (C) (LCG) 22'
T.Pelletier-Dion (SR) 75'
T.Pelletier-Dion (SR) 76'

Substitutions:
C.Ronaldo (SR) 74'

Fouls:
C.Ronaldo (SR) 22', 36', 42'

All of these games were randomized, the scores were selected based on the first score below them and I copied and pasted the randomizer results so everyone knows that they were legit games. On Sunday I will announce next weeks friendlies and the scheduled start date for the actual Tourney. I have matchups for next week and here they are:

Abidawe vs. Locougara
Farlandria vs. Great Britain and Belgium
England-Ireland vs. Santa Rubio

Good luck to everyone as the tourney goes on, spread the word so you play different teams throughout the tourney instead of the same five over and over again.

Thanks!
Last edited by Abidawe on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

The Jong Regime
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Apply

Postby The Jong Regime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Nation: The Jong Regime
Leader Name: General Admiral San Jong
GT: Dictatorship
Safety: 86.8

G Yi-Yuan Jong (1) (C)
D Dan-Mang Jong (5) (C)
D Xi-San Jong (6)
D Jiu-Chen Jong (7)
D Yao-Meng Jong (8)
M Ri-San Jong (9)
M Mai-Sen Jong (10)
M Ru-Jia Jong (11)
F Chi-Mai Jong (12)
F Ria-Men Jong (13)
F Dao-Mei Jong (99)

*OOC: Every citizens last name is legally changed to Jong at birth and last name of ancestors is put in front of the first name per order of the first decree of the Jong Regime

Donation: US$50 million

Abidawe
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Accepted!
About Me

On Tim Tebow:

Other:

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Farlandria Show Fire But Out-Gunned By Hosts

It was a ultimately disappointing international debut for Farlandria as they went down 5-2 to CIF hosts Abidawe in a frantic, action packed friendly that saw the Farlandrians take their first into the fray of international football.

It was a cloudy blustery evening as Farlandria lined up in their official away strip of gold shirts, black shorts and black socks to take on tournament favorites Abidawe. The game got off to a bad start as Thomas Bascom headed the home side ahead after just five minutes from a deep diagonal ball bypassed the Farlandrian back line. Woes were compounded just three minutes later when Bascom launched a shot from range goalward. Centre half John Jordan bravely threw himself in the way, only to deflect the ball to Logan Coleman, who couldn't miss from just 10 yards out.

However the response was almost immediate. Darius McDonaldson showed blistering pace to get passed the Abidawe full back, cut back in side before calmly stroking a pass into the path of onrushing Shaun O'Malley. O'Malley should uncharacteristic composure to steer the ball into the bottom corner, the first ever goal for Farlandria!

And the comeback did not stop there. Almost straight from the restart, captain Dan Dawson won the ball in midfield, held off the tackle and slid a perfectly weighted through ball for that man again, O'Malley breaking past the defense to drive his shot high into the net from the edge of the penalty. 2-2, all level, 4 goals after just 12 minutes.

The game settled after the early chaos, with Abidawe mostly controlling the ball in midfield without ever clearly carving open the Farlandrian defense. There was a definite sense Abidawe weren't running in top gear as they drifted towards half time.

If the first half had ended quietly, the second half started with another blaze of action. Orlando Pettigrew did well to block a cross, but failed to mark tightly from the resulting corner which allowed Bascom to slip in at the back post and turn the ball home from inside the six yard box.

There was to be no second fight back from Farlandria, despite Dawson whistling a long range shot just over the cross bar and Johnson's bustling strength causing some discomfort among the Abidawe defenders. The lead was extended further still a misplaced pass from Ryan Valentine allowed Abidawe to break away, catching Farlandria woefully exposed at the back. A low cross was fizzed across the face of goal, for Bascom to round off his hattrick, dinking the ball over the outstretched hand of the sprawling Gardener in goal.

The game settled back into the lull of the first half, Abidawe controlling the possession and tempo of the game and Farlandria not being able to muster a serious effort on goal, thanks largely to their inaccurate passing in the final third.

Farlandria's weariness was becoming apparent and in the 89th minute it showed as a deep, hopeful free kick from Elliot wasn't attacked by any defender, was allowed to bounce once before creeping into the far corner. A soft goal to concede that put the result beyond all doubt.

All in all it was somewhat of an anti-climax to Farlandria's debut. They should fight for most of the game and competed well, even showing sparks of genuine attacking threat in the first quarter of the game. However, the greater fitness and experience of Abidawe showed as they were able professionally control the game and were comfortable for most of the match.

Farlandria match rating

GK: M. Gardener - 5

LB: Orlando Pettigrew - 5
CB: Adam Patterson - 4
CB: John Jordan - 4
RB: Kevin Wright - 4

LMF -Darius McDonaldson - 6
CMF - Shaun O'Malley - 8
CMF - Daniel Dawson (C) - 6
CMF - Stephen Hodges - 5
RMF - Ryan Valentine - 4

CF - Matthew Johnson - 6