NATION

PASSWORD

NS Bobsled OOC Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Kemobon
Attaché

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

NS Bobsled OOC Discussion Thread

Postby Kemobon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:18 pm

Explaining Bob-sledding:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobsleigh

How a Championship would be set up:
1. I would want to have AT LEAST FOUR NATIONS wanting to compete in this cup.
2. I think hosting would be decided by a vote.
3. If we have EIGHT nations it would be TWO groups of FOUR if we have TWELVE nations it would be THREE groups of FOUR with the nation with the fastest time in qualification going straight to finals match. If we had sixteen nations it would be FOUR groups of four.
4. Each team will run down the track ONCE and the team with the fastest time wins.
5. We will have 4 man co-ed teams.
6. A championship will be held every TWO months.

Participating:
1. You must post a roster on sign-up threads to participate.
2. Puppets are allowed (TWO PER NATION)
3. Once the hosts win, their word is final, no arguing.
4. Please try to keep your posts RELATED
5. You are subject to removal from the competition if you infringe one of these rules (EXCEPT FOR FOUR)

Hosting:
1. You may have Two-Men, Four-Men or both.
2. You might want to have four stadiums but it is your choice.
3. If you end up hosting allow three more days for more sign-ups before proceeding.
4. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have some experience before submitting a bid to host this.
5. AND MOST IMPORTANT: HAVE A GOOD BID!

Test Match:
1 Team A                  52.18
2 Team B 53.05

USED WITH XKORANTE NEWEST VERSION
To Scorinate events, we would use the Xkorante formula's newest version.

Are there any questions, comments or suggestions to make this better?
Last edited by Kemobon on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
KEMOBON!
Nation- Kemobon| Region: Atlantan Oceania| Capital: Runtrown

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:36 pm

I'll sign up however, the host bid should have mode OOC info than Ic
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Kemobon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Brit we do not have a cup. This is an interest thread. I want people interested.
KEMOBON!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Kemobon wrote:Brit we do not have a cup. This is an interest thread. I want people interested.

The host bid goes in the sign up thread but here works. I am interested.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm in!
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

SuperFruitland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby SuperFruitland » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Just a question...

Why should we have to have a currency that converts to NSD or USD?

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm in. This needs a lot more work, but I'd like to help.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Ctulhtii
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ctulhtii » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Why are planning to do groups and 1vs1 matches and not the traditional way of each team having two runs and the fastest being the winner?

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:14 am

Ctulhtii wrote:Why are you planning to do groups and 1vs1 matches and not the traditional way of each team having two runs and the fastest being the winner?

This is one of the things that needs work. We will help him along. Nicely.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Kemobon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 pm

sO I HAVE ENOUGH PARTICIPANTS WILL NOW MAKE A SIGN-UP
KEMOBON!

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Yeah, I'm down with this. Count me in.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Kemobon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Go to Sign Up Thread to post
KEMOBON!

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Kemobon wrote:Go to Sign Up Thread to post

Will do.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Kemobon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Now have SIX sign-ups!
KEMOBON!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Kemobon wrote:Now have SIX sign-ups!

Is there like a female team and a male team or what?
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Kemobon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:09 pm

co-ed sign-ups are open
KEMOBON!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:50 am

Just a suggestion...Maybe we can re-title this thread the 'NS Bobsled OOC Discussion Thread', or something to that effect. I think we should keep the sign up thread to sign up related issues from now on, just because that seems to be what works for most other NS Sports. Then we also get our own Discussion thread because...why not? We need one obviously. I think we, as in everyone signed up and interested right now, can form a Bobsled Federation every bit as viable as any of the other major sports on this forum.

Britonisea wrote:Kemobon, you shouldn't do the votes on forums like that. It is dangerous.

What voting in what forum? Honestly, not sure what this means.

New Kvenland wrote:Are You Interested In Hosting:
Sure, but I think it's too late now

Says who? No cut off for host bids has been announced, so yeah, definitely, please put in a host bid, New Kvenland. Everyone should get a shot.
Currently, mine and Ilva's bid is the only one, but maybe for Kemobon, if he still was considering doing it. Otherwise, we would need a vote between Ilva and my bid and no confidence, reopen to new bids. Which brings up who votes on host bids? Everyone signed up so far? Seems fair, or the only option we have, anyway.

Maybe we should announce a cut off for the host bids at some point soon though, and by we, again, I mean everyone who wants to form and be a part of the Bobsled Federation. Since none of us have competed yet in a bobsled tournament (the only ones that did outside of Olympics have all CTE'd since 2010), which is how the other NS Sports have established membership in any Board or Federation/Association; the only other way to establish membership is by interest.

Lastly, and thank you for bearing with me here...
Sometimes there are requirements for how many tracks, their capacity and also some tournaments in RL have included luge, and some have not, from what I can tell. But, that should all be up to the hosts, whoever is confirmed. Having 4 tracks with 20,000 viewing capacity would bust the bank of most nations, realistically, who wouldn't spend that much of their sport budget on bobsledding alone. In real life, Germany is the only current nation with 4 regulation tracks.
Usually, from what I can recall and have read, there is a very well thought out schedule for running all events on one track, including bobsled 2 man, 4 man and womens 2 and 4 crew; Plus skeleton and luge.
My Factbook

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Just a suggestion...Maybe we can re-title this thread the 'NS Bobsled OOC Discussion Thread', or something to that effect. I think we should keep the sign up thread to sign up related issues from now on, just because that seems to be what works for most other NS Sports. Then we also get our own Discussion thread because...why not? We need one obviously. I think we, as in everyone signed up and interested right now, can form a Bobsled Federation every bit as viable as any of the other major sports on this forum.

Britonisea wrote:Kemobon, you shouldn't do the votes on forums like that. It is dangerous.

Says who? No cut off for host bids has been announced, so yeah, definitely, please put in a host bid, New Kvenland. Everyone should get a shot.
Currently, mine and Ilva's bid is the only one, but maybe for Kemobon, if he still was considering doing it. Otherwise, we would need a vote between Ilva and my bid and no confidence, reopen to new bids. Which brings up who votes on host bids? Everyone signed up so far? Seems fair, or the only option we have, anyway.

Maybe we should announce a cut off for the host bids at some point soon though, and by we, again, I mean everyone who wants to form and be a part of the Bobsled Federation. Since none of us have competed yet in a bobsled tournament (the only ones that did outside of Olympics have all CTE'd since 2010), which is how the other NS Sports have established membership in any Board or Federation/Association; the only other way to establish membership is by interest.

Sometimes there are requirements for how many tracks, their capacity and also some tournaments in RL have included luge, and some have not, from what I can tell. But, that should all be up to the hosts, whoever is confirmed. Having 4 tracks with 20,000 viewing capacity would bust the bank of most nations, realistically, who wouldn't spend that much of their sport budget on bobsledding alone. In real life, Germany is the only current nation with 4 regulation tracks.
Usually, from what I can recall and have read, there is a very well thought out schedule for running all events on one track, including bobsled 2 man, 4 man and womens 2 and 4 crew; Plus skeleton and luge.

Now that I am not tired I will say what I am saying. If you have a poll on the NS forums, then anyone can vote and this means that puppets can vote and be used for granted. I know maybe that Neu Engollon probably vote and maybe Ilva, it would be better to get a third party person to collect the votes. For example, my puppet Nightom can collect the votes and I will give the results to you on the date and time you want. This way, you can be sure that someone didn't cheat their way to win. Or Kemobon, you can collect the votes.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:48 am

Britonisea wrote:Now that I am not tired I will say what I am saying. If you have a poll on the NS forums, then anyone can vote and this means that puppets can vote and be used for granted. I know maybe that Neu Engollon probably vote and maybe Ilva, it would be better to get a third party person to collect the votes. For example, my puppet Nightom can collect the votes and I will give the results to you on the date and time you want. This way, you can be sure that someone didn't cheat their way to win. Or Kemobon, you can collect the votes.

Ah, I get it now. Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems that most of the sports I've done on here, people vote on bids via TG to a main organizer in the sport. Not by the poll feature on NS.
Honestly, I don't know how we could ever get away from possible vote padding in any part of the Internet, NS or otherwise, as it is done via cyber with no face to face, people can easily use multiple IPs (work, school, home, etc) and different accounts. Really, you have to just take people at their word, for the most part. As we don't have a set amount of bobsled past participants, there's no way to vet who is who and what puppets they have used towards the sport previously. The only thing we have to go on is that those that signed up before knowing there would be a vote, likely haven't signed up puppets as well in anticipation of vote padding. Also, bidders shouldn't be able to vote at all, or collect votes. So currently, that includes myself and Ilva, New Kvenland if he puts in a formal bid, and Kemobon, also, if he decides to make a formal bid.
My Factbook

Kemobon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:32 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Just a suggestion...Maybe we can re-title this thread the 'NS Bobsled OOC Discussion Thread', or something to that effect. I think we should keep the sign up thread to sign up related issues from now on, just because that seems to be what works for most other NS Sports. Then we also get our own Discussion thread because...why not? We need one obviously. I think we, as in everyone signed up and interested right now, can form a Bobsled Federation every bit as viable as any of the other major sports on this forum.

Luge added soon
KEMOBON!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:57 am

So, luge was added to what? Again, isn't that a judgement call on the host(s) part? Maybe we should figure out what exact events will be in the NS World Championships, if any besides 2 and 4 person crew bobsled. For instance, someone might want to add skeleton as well.

Also, I wanted to ask, as the cut off times for bids and sign ups might be reversed.

Kemobon wrote:Bids Close 12/6/14!
Sign-ups Close 11/30/14!
Cup Starts 12/16/14!

Or is that correct? I think maybe there should be more time for sign ups and less for putting in host bids, just chronologically. Usually for most NS Sports tournaments, bids will be cut off, then everyone votes, then the elected hosts decide the cut off and the cap of players they want. For instance, we cut off at 14 or 16 or 20, etc. Really, if you're just facilitating host bids, you don't need to set the cut off for sign ups or the launch of the 'Everything/RP' Thread. Just take and tally up the votes you get via TG for hosts, then...BOOM...you declare the host winner, and they take over from there.

So...maybe this is what you meant?:

Bids Close 11/30/14!
Sign-ups Close 12/6/14! Discretion of elected hosts, or at cap of 20
Cup Tournament Starts 12/16/14! 1 week of cap reached, or discretion of host

Everyone get your host bids in, if you're going to, then voting will begin soon.
My Factbook

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:42 am

Interested observer (as twice Winter Olympic host) and Neu Engollon backer.

I've watched with interest as Kemobon has swung between "organiser", "willing participant" and "evil overlord who has final say".

I would suggest that instead of having a vote for the first one and it going down the drain if someone inexperienced gets voted in, that the first edition should be awarded by default to someone with some experience (imo Neu Engollon is well placed to do this).

Second suggestion is that instead of a one-off championships, it should be like real life where there are a series of meets, held in different cities and countries, with a points system determining the world champion. And if this is adopted, it is even more imperative that someone experienced oversees the running/OOC hosting. (i.e. one/two OOC hosts, many IC hosts, like my World Grand Prix Championships or Kelssek's Alpine Skiing World Cups) Each IC host – i.e. the nations who put forward their tracks – could determine whether they will host bobsled/skeleton/luge/a combination, as long as by the end of the season there's a similar number of races in each discipline and event.
Last edited by Liventia on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Ctulhtii
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ctulhtii » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:37 am

I agree with everything Liventia said. I am interested but atm this all just seems so messy that I don't really know if the sign-ups are open already or what. I think we should first figure out how the event(s) will be run, which sports (luge, bs, skeleton) are included, who is hosting what etc. before making a sign-up thread. Just my two cents. :)

I also like the idea of a World Cup to have multiple events and the champion to be decided by points, just like in real life. It would certainly open much more options for RPing too as in a single event Championship there are only two runs and that's it.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Liventia wrote:Interested observer (as twice Winter Olympic host) and Neu Engollon backer.

I've watched with interest as Kemobon has swung between "organiser", "willing participant" and "evil overlord who has final say".

I would suggest that instead of having a vote for the first one and it going down the drain if someone inexperienced gets voted in, that the first edition should be awarded by default to someone with some experience (imo Neu Engollon is well placed to do this).

Second suggestion is that instead of a one-off championships, it should be like real life where there are a series of meets, held in different cities and countries, with a points system determining the world champion. And if this is adopted, it is even more imperative that someone experienced oversees the running/OOC hosting. (i.e. one/two OOC hosts, many IC hosts, like my World Grand Prix Championships or Kelssek's Alpine Skiing World Cups) Each IC host – i.e. the nations who put forward their tracks – could determine whether they will host bobsled/skeleton/luge/a combination, as long as by the end of the season there's a similar number of races in each discipline and event.

I was trying to see if I can back uo Kemobon but Liventia hit the nail on the head. Chillax. And I would love to have a chain of Bobsledding or any winter sports. If we can have summer sports on December 25 (ie Football) then we should have bobsledding in August.

Bobsledd
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Kemobon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:So, luge was added to what? Again, isn't that a judgement call on the host(s) part? Maybe we should figure out what exact events will be in the NS World Championships, if any besides 2 and 4 person crew bobsled. For instance, someone might want to add skeleton as well.

Also, I wanted to ask, as the cut off times for bids and sign ups might be reversed.

Kemobon wrote:Bids Close 12/6/14!
Sign-ups Close 11/30/14!
Cup Starts 12/16/14!

Or is that correct? I think maybe there should be more time for sign ups and less for putting in host bids, just chronologically. Usually for most NS Sports tournaments, bids will be cut off, then everyone votes, then the elected hosts decide the cut off and the cap of players they want. For instance, we cut off at 14 or 16 or 20, etc. Really, if you're just facilitating host bids, you don't need to set the cut off for sign ups or the launch of the 'Everything/RP' Thread. Just take and tally up the votes you get via TG for hosts, then...BOOM...you declare the host winner, and they take over from there.

So...maybe this is what you meant?:

Bids Close 11/30/14!
Sign-ups Close 12/6/14! Discretion of elected hosts, or at cap of 20
Cup Tournament Starts 12/16/14! 1 week of cap reached, or discretion of host

Everyone get your host bids in, if you're going to, then voting will begin soon.

I guess we could do it that way if people are used to that. But wouldnt it be easier to do 16 because that way if will end up even every time someone was eliminated?
KEMOBON!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports