NATION

PASSWORD

Maple Leaf Bowl IV (Signup Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Maple Leaf Bowl IV (Signup Thread)

Postby Saintland » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:33 am

It is time, once again, for the return of the world championship of Canadian football. Signups and host bidding are now open, once again. Bids should, at a minimum, include the important OOC details. The deadline for host bids will be one week from the time of this post, to allow the tournament to be run prior to the start of World Cup 70, should the host so desire. Puppets may be signed up and must be declared, with a limit of 1 puppet per user, but the decision on whether to include puppets will be up to the host.

This post also counts as a signup for the defending champions.

Wikipedia article about the differences between American and Canadian football

Signups 12/?
Saintland
Estenia
Canacia
United States of Devonta
Britonisea
Lleidia
Patistan
North Britonisea (Puppet of Britonisea)
West Guiana
Gregoryisgodistan
Bandwagon
Saaksvala (Puppet of Estenia)

Host Bids 3/?
West Guiana
North Britonisea
Estenia
Last edited by Saintland on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:35 am

4th in the Multiverse in!
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Canacia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Canacia » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:37 am

Go on then.
Sem's Canadian puppet.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:41 am

In!
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:25 am

In with a bid, as a come back from last edition.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Signup list updated.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games

Lleidia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lleidia » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:30 am

I'm in!

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:34 am

In
]

North Britonisea
Attaché

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby North Britonisea » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:08 am

MAPLE LEAF BOWL IV, That means 4 by the way

"Maple Syrup"

Hello. I am North Britonisea and also I am known as Britonisea. I have decided to put forward a host bid. Why? Because Britonisea put in a bid for The Maple Leaf Bowl 3 and well, there were some computer issues so I was forced to just cancel the bid, only to find out that my other computer was working and Estope put in a bid again, so If you please...

I have had some a lot of experience in these tournaments. I have hosted the Kronum Cup as you will read below, I have a bid in for the Tchoukball Championships, I have hosted 2 diffferent tennis tournaments and I am going to host one in February 2015, I have also hosted an air Hockey Tournament which had 46 athletes. I have also held a Regional Olympics games which has 600 athletes...Finally I have hosted 2 Athletics Championships both of which had 10 nations and 32 gold medals to be awarded.

Right, there will not be an IC part because that will all come later when I, if I, get elected host of The Maple Leaf Bowl. First of all, I would close the bids at 24. I would do this because I think it is enough nations, but if we get more than 24 I would be very happy at closing the bids at 32. But, so far there is only 5 sign ups so I might just close it at 16. So yes, let's get on with the main bulk of the Bid.

This is not a very long bid but this is a straight forward bid. Of course, I would host this Maple Leaf Bowl tournament on Xkoranate on the Canadian Football setting and I don't have any plans to host this longer than 2 weeks. If I win the bid for tchoukball, I would still be happy to host the two tournaments because I will do the Maple Leaf Bowl first (Maybe Oct 20- 31 maybe) or The Maple Leaf Bowl after (Maybe Nov 3-14 maybe). This doesn't mean that I am definitely hosting the Tchoukball champs, anyway, I would host this tournament to the best of my ability.

These are the schedule for 24, 30, 32 and 16

4 groups of 6
MD1- Round Robin A
MD2- Round Robin B
MD3- Round Robin C
MD4- Round Robin D
-------------------------------
MD5- Quarter Finals
MD6- Semi-Finals
MD7- Finals 1/3 and Third Place Match
MD8- Finals 2/3
MD9- Finals 3/3 if necessary.

4 groups of 7

MD1- Round Robin A
MD2- Round Robin B
MD3- Round Robin C
MD4- Round Robin D
MD5- Round Robin E
Md6- Round Robin F
MD7- Round Robin G
----
MD8- Quarters
MD9- Semi's
MD10- Finals 1/3 and Third Place Match
MD11- Finals 2/3
MD12- Finals 3/3 if necessary

And here is the 16... It is probably the most likely (4 groups of 4). We are mostly looking forward to doing this schedule as the number of the teams doesn't look like it will exceed 16 nations for now.

MD1- Round Robin A
MD2- Round Robin B
MD3- Round Robin C
MD4- Round Robin D
----
MD5- Quarter Finals
MD6- Semi-Finals
MD7- Finals 1/3 and Third Place Match
MD8- Finals 2/3
MD9- Finals 3/3 if necessary.

The RP will be graded fairly amongst me and I will be grading the nations firstly who put a bit of effort in their RP. If you have something to do that will effect your RP then TG me so I know so I don't feel like you are not taking this seriously. You will be graded out of 0-4. Zero being the ones who haven't RPed or Worthless RP (Harsh!) and 4 being absolutely amazing! I push people to RP as previous tournaments I have hosted, 7, the nations didn't RP that well. Some did. Also there will be more of a chance to do well throughout the tournament with your Roosters. You roosters will be degraded by 25% on each match day that you play and you will be scored out of 10 for this. For Example after the maths if I decided to give you 80 (0.80/1) the next time it will go down to 20 (0.20) then 5 (0.05) and then (0.014) and then (0.0004) and that is it. So that is very encouraged. If this doesn't make sense then please TG and I will explain it in more detail. I think that this is the only fair solution.

I am not going to go into that IC Part of the bid because it doesn't matter at this point. Thanks- Nations and I hope that you will drink some Maple Syrup and vote for moi.
Last edited by North Britonisea on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:53 am

Signups are about to be updated. I'll wait until North Britonisea's bid is finished before treating it as an official bid. Since I can't determine whether North Britonisea is signing up for the tournament as a puppet of Britonisea, I'll leave them off the signup list, for now.
Why I left NS Sports

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

I suppose.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Confirming north Britonisea and the bid will be done by teo days.

Saintland, who will be the main nation who opens the Maple Leaf Bowl? The one who opens the OP and manages everything.

1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Britonisea wrote:Confirming north Britonisea and the bid will be done by teo days.

Saintland, who will be the main nation who opens the Maple Leaf Bowl? The one who opens the OP and manages everything.

Signups should be up to date.

The Maple Leaf Bowl event thread for this edition should be opened by the elected host. Whoever wishes to take over the management of signup threads for editions after this one has my permission to do so.
Why I left NS Sports

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:54 am

Do you think you should extend the host bid deadline?
]

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 am

Patistan wrote:Do you think you should extend the host bid deadline?

Since the original deadline has passed, I'll announce a new deadline once we have a finished bid.
Why I left NS Sports

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:02 am

Estenian id For Maple Leaf Bowl 4

Hello there, most of you know me as Estenia or The Person Who Calls Himself Surpriseman or just Improved Person. I would like to introduce myself and make a bid for the Maple Leaf Bowl's 4th Edition. So as most of you know, I have hosted some domestic tournaments and now as my time is growing a bit, I say why not host this Canadian Football Tournament? So let's got to that bid.

Estenian Information

Estenia, is a nation on North Curente Continent of Atlas. Estenia being a complete peninsula has made some big succsess to both sports and in general, advancement. You could say that Estenia is a well advanced nation even with all that turbulence lately on the Protectorate of Gianlang. Estenia this October has the theme of Canadian Football as on October 1985, Canadian Football was brought to Estenia and Estenians have played really well since then, back on July, all the players were playing like Canadian Football Machines and finally finished on 4th. This year they plan to both host this tournament and win it, so let's see what will Estenian Sports Ministry will do.

First of all the ministry will provide 400.000.000 Estos(Equal to 800.000.000 NS$) to the Canadian Football Office of Estenia and then they will provide the money to the builders which will start to repair and make the satadium better, but in general, the govrnment will provide 1.250.000.000 Billion Estos to all the ministries like touriasm to build their hotels to make toutrists stay somewhere.

RP Bonus and Scorination

First of all matches will be scorinated with the latest version of xkoranate on canadian football option, with no hoke advantadge. As for the RP Bonus, the only thing I shall tell you is to RP well and it will be shown on the results, only thing I'll show is that RP Bonus will be decreased by 50% every 2 matches.

Ask freely for Questions!
Last edited by Estenia on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:08 am

A team made entirely of Enemy Crushers will sign up with the sole goal of crushing as many victims as possible.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:06 pm

WG Maple Bowl IV bid

Scorinator:
Only Xk has Canadian Football so yes that is to be used.

Have you ever watched CF
Yes, on the NFL network so I do know how that game is played to a certain extent.

Format
It has been 12 days (as of this post) and with 10 sign-ups including one puppet, assuming the host bidding voting process takes at least 3 days and no more sign-ups occur. If I were to win i'd keep this open for three more days max, and if we're still at ten(if no one offers up any puppets to equalize the numbers at 12-16) then the tournament will commence.

The ten will be split into two groups of five, and play will be double round robin with the top two of each group plus the next two lowest seeds. The knockout round would then be played as the CFL and NFL, top two seeds having a bye, and the four lower seeds play in a "wild-card" round.

Now say we get to 12, 14 the same will hold true, two groups of 6 and 7 respectfully double round robin for 10 or 12 games each and six team advancing. Now say we reach 16(unlikely) then it goes to 4 groups of 4 for a triple round robin, with the top two of each group advancing.

Oct. 24 edit The 12 shall be divided into three groups of four with triple round robin, the top two of each group advancing with the two highest seeds having a bye, while the four lowest playing in the first round.

Rp grading/bonuses
Now in the more likely scenarios to which imply double round robin, rp bonuses will be degraded after the first round by 50%. In the more unlikely scenario of 16 teams then rp bonuses will be degraded after the second round robin, also by 50%.

Grading will be done fairly and the bonuses will be fairly high because I don't believe in some one who has never bothered to rp get by and advance while those who did even how short the rps were fell short. I will not tell which ones will be graded higher or lower because of the creativity or monotone of two that are the same length, the very fact that you rped is enough, to show willingness to compete.
Last edited by New West Guiana on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:08 am

My bid will be done by 5pm BST.

1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:21 am

The new deadline for host bids will be 60 hours (2 and a half days) from the time of this post.
Why I left NS Sports

Bandwagon
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bandwagon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:21 am

In.
Will use my NSCF Team.
Pro: Independent Northern Ireland as part of neither UK or Republic, Catalan/Scottish/Basque/Welsh/Northern English/Veneto independence. Socialism, Liberalism, Palestine, Environmentalism, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Dictatorship, New Left-Wing/Liberal Political Party in Ireland.
Anti: Chinese Dictatorship, Capitalism, Dictatorship, Both Ukrainian/Russian Governments, War of all form, Violence of all form, Anything right of centre, Israel.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59

Proud Libertarian, Social Democrat. Live with it.
I'm Far Left Socially but Centre Left Economically.
I'm so cool that I'm an ENFP. http://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:29 am

Bandwagon wrote:In.
Will use my NSCF Team.

Tip:

American football and Canadian Football are 2 different things but you know it. Use a new squad with simpler names to write.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:35 am

The signup list should be up to date.

Consider this a 9 hour warning for anybody else who may be considering a bid.
Why I left NS Sports

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:53 am

Saintland wrote:The signup list should be up to date.

Consider this a 9 hour warning for anybody else who may be considering a bid.

Looks like Estenia has a bid, this'll be interesting when there is only a small amount of nations!

1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:03 pm

And I preconfirm puppet Saaksvala

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports